Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis GOOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You could put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and silver.
Speaker 1: Learn more.
Speaker 2: I get a free gold and Silver guide right now at Genesis Gold IRA dot com. Excited a Isa right now with Ray and he is with Operation Christmas Child. First of all, Ray, thank you for your time and how long have you been volunteering with his organization.
Speaker 3: We've been backing two boxes with Operating Firstmas Coal for about twenty five years with our kids. So when we relocated to Two Falls a couple of years ago, our church became the central drop off point for each river South Dakota. So last couple of years we started as circulations and now my wife and I we're the area coordinator for all of each river for Operating Forerstmas Cold Right now.
Speaker 2: I love that And this is through Samaritans Purse and again if people would like to know more, samaritansperse dot org. I'm going to throw some links to make it easy to find all of this. But you said you've been doing this.
Speaker 1: For a while.
Speaker 2: Are you looking for other people to help right now? Or where is the best place for somebody listening that's going I love this mission. What's the best thing they could do to help with the mission this year?
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of people are packing two boxes as individuals. A lot of people are doing it through the churches. Churches are putting groups together and doing it. There's corporate entities that are doing a different organization. This year, we are projected to pack over fifteen thousand two boxes in East River, South Dakota. Last year we did about fourteen thousand. We have been resentally growing our team a lot. We have prayer team members, we have church relations members, we have a logistics coordinator here. So we are in the process of growing our team right now. I think we've added about six or seven members in the last year. As you know, East River is a huge area and we've got a lot of distance between the different locations that we have. Right now, there's about six hundred churches in East River, South Dakota, and we have about two hundred participating as of now.
Speaker 2: If somebody listening would like to participate, do they go to a website?
Speaker 1: Do they call you? What is the best way for them to connect.
Speaker 3: They can go to samaritanspers dot org, clack occ. They can get a lot of information thereby putting in their DIP code. They can they can call, they can call me, they can email me. We have a Facebook page that my wife is put together. Each sver two boxes, or they can email us at each server two boxes at occ dot com.
Speaker 1: Very nice. And again, this is going on right now.
Speaker 2: This is collection week November eighteenth through the twenty fifth, so we're right in the middle of this. If somebody listening is going, hey, I'd like to know more. Again, I'm going to share that website one more time to make it really, really easy. This is not something that has to cost anybody a whole lot of money. If they give their time, that is wonderful. Or if they say, hey, I don't have time, but I'd like to make a donation, they can do that as well.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of ways to help, aren't there.
Speaker 3: There are really a lot of ways to help. The best way to do it if you want to pack at two box. A lot of people have found if they start buying things earlier in the year, they can do the box for about half the prices. If they were to go out right now and pay full retail for things, A lot of people will order items involved. You know, a lot of times these big retailers have things on sale. We had one time last year we went into one of the big retailers here and we found forty five soccer balls and I think we got them for about three dollars a piece. In my opinion, the soccer ball is the greatest box that you can the greatest thing that you can put in the box because we deplayed them. We put them in there with a pump. But what a great way to bring twenty kids together.
Speaker 1: I mean it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a it's a game that everybody loves all over the world. So that's that's probably one of the most popular items. But the sooner you do it, the less it costs. We have a lot of opportunities, you know, volunteer wise, you know, if you want to get on our team, we have we have a lot of things that we could do. So anyway you on a contact us, we would love to find a place for you. So we've got something for everybody.
Speaker 1: I love that. Ray. Thank you for your time today and thank you for doing what you're doing.
Speaker 3: And thank you for having us.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you absolutely Again.
Speaker 2: Samaritans Purse, that's who does this, and if you'd like to know more, Samaritanspurse dot org slash OCC now the OCC stands for Operation Christmas Child. And if you even just go on the Internet and type that in, I'm sure it'll take you to the right place. But if you again want to find all the details, I've got a direct link all of the information at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls News and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgold ira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldira dot com