Speaker 1: You know they're coming to Fort Worth at the end of the year. I'm gonna drag my ass out there. I've never seen nine inch nails live and I feel like I need to do that. So Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle, Thanks for hanging with us today. Now we have the big BFD event coming May twenty fifth at do Seki's Pavilion. We've been giving away tickets all week long and we're gonna do it again right now. You have to have the iHeart app with the where you can stream our show and stream the station and all the iHeart stations. There also is a talkback feature a little microphone and you can leave messages. The first person to leave a message with your name, your phone number, and your email address and can answer the question. We talked about it in the opening segment. Ben was driving around with his daughter and two of her friends. What did he talk to her friends about? There is something that he talked to them about, and if you were listening, you know what it is. The first person that can tell us you're gonna win those BFD tickets. We have a special person from the Today Game. There's not gonna be a Today game today, but we need to honor someone. We'll do it at four o'clock. We'll also talk about what's going on inside the American Airline Center. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Moves hot gods.
Speaker 3: Every live, come.
Speaker 2: Stay on top in the boot shovel. I'm talking about this for a long time. But Sunday night is SNL fifty to start seven o'clock. It's gonna be a big, huge night. And there's been a lot of SNL content pouring. Uh. And you know, whether you like SNL or not, it's been a part of everyone's life because it's either created stars, help create stars. But I have an SNL cast member bracket. Did you create this or did you find it somewhere? I found it somewhere.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, an important question because you need to know if the seating is based on KT's preferences or not.
Speaker 2: Right, my friend's over at the Saturday Night Network gave me what I need here.
Speaker 3: Is this like a Reddit group you're on? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, they do they They work for this like they're like journalists who cover like late night stuff. Okay, got you to do, you know, like a immediate postgame podcast and stuff and I know those guys a pretty good.
Speaker 1: So so I have a quick question. Yeah, is the SNL event on Sunday Night? Is it a live like three hour event? Oh, that's exciting. No, it's a show like. They're treating it like a show and they're writing sketches and so there's not going to be a Saturday Night live Saturday. Oh, they're airing the old episode Saturday night. They're airing the first one that ever aired from nineteen seventy five. And then tonight is the you know, three hour Homecoming concert, which is apparently a lot of surprises. Cool, so there's a lot going on. Yeah, that's number one.
Speaker 2: Seed verse number sixteen here Will Ferrell versus Bowen Yang.
Speaker 3: This is a massacre.
Speaker 1: We waste a lot of time on bow and Yang, the first gay Asian cast member. He's good, he's he's great. I'm going with bow and Yang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, Yeah. Number eight Nora dun Age's number nine. Jimmy Fallon, come on, Oh, I like.
Speaker 3: I'm going Nora dun I need to see her.
Speaker 2: I'll take Jimmy Fallon.
Speaker 1: Nord Dunn is the one who protested uh dice Man being on the show and no one got her back.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're like, just do your job. It's Jimmy Fallon. I'll go Jimmy Fallon for sure.
Speaker 2: Number five Kate McKinnon and gets number twelve Bobby moynihan. Uh, this is a slaughter, Kate, Kate McKinnon.
Speaker 3: She does everything he does. Drunk uncle, and that's it.
Speaker 2: The first round is not that competitive. It's gonna get good here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Number four Keenan Thompson. That gets said number thirteen Dennis Miller.
Speaker 3: I know who y'all are, Dama, dude. I love Dennis Miller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he is kind of a one trip pony.
Speaker 3: He has on one trip pony.
Speaker 1: But I just just let me, let me put in a legitimate debate for him. He honestly and truly reinvented and reinvigorated the news desk. I'm not joking, and I know you're an SNL historian. He changed the trajectory of that. Like you know, for me, if I watch SNL, I've got to watch the news desk, the update. That's like the most important part to me. That happened again after a long lull when Dennis Miller took it over.
Speaker 3: He's he's great.
Speaker 4: But for me, I go for the marathon vote. Keenan just has done it year after year after year.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: It's the one drink pony versus the guy that does everything. Keenan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Number six Tracy Morgan. Number eleven, Tim Meadows.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, dude.
Speaker 1: For me, it's Tim Meadows. For me, it's not even close. It's Tracy Morgan. It's a it's a battle, like it's close. You have the deciding vote here. I mean what it's like if they were athletes. One of them is like, they're both in the league, but one of them is dependable and like has had a stable career, while the other one could put up fifty points any game, the other one could.
Speaker 2: Never do that.
Speaker 1: Let me make it simple for you, Ben, you have the first pick in the draft. Are you taking Iver Center? You're taking Rick Fox? It is That is a great example.
Speaker 4: Uh, I want give me the guy who can hang fifty even though he might not show up for practice.
Speaker 3: Give me Tracy Moore. It's a blood bath.
Speaker 1: Tim Meadows would break his ankle trying to hold Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number three Tina Fan. Number fourteen, Al Franklin I love Al Franklin Tina Fey Tina Fey as well, although I do think she's seated way too high. He's one of the creators of the show Kevin Oh, I know, and you know a lot of people hate that guy. Well he got into politics. Boy, he did some dirty stuff on that show. He did some dirty stuff.
Speaker 3: Me too, hadn't started yet, dude.
Speaker 2: The idea Jay Moore had was well this according to J Moore, right was he? It was the Barney Charles Barkley Barney sketch. Yeah, it's pretty simple. It's Barkley whipping Barney's Assen said. Al frank got in there and tried to rewrite it a million times. And he's also buddies with Lorn and just Stewart made it real tough on J Moore. What's the guy's name, Stuart Small? Yeah, that sucks. Number seven, Jan Hooks, Number ten, CHERRYO Terry. I like Jan Hooks because she's hot in her day. I'm going CHERRYO Terry. And I know that the Cheerleader sketch her Barbara Walters is really good today.
Speaker 3: It's not better than Gilda Radner's, I know.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of doing an homage to that.
Speaker 3: All right, Cherio Terry.
Speaker 4: Also when she played the bembo who's just always trying to hook up with guys at work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 4: Dud.
Speaker 1: Jan Hooks doesn't have any memorable characters, but she you know, yeah, solid, I'm gonna go with Cherio Terry.
Speaker 2: Number two, dan Ackroid, number fifteen, Martin Short.
Speaker 1: That's a tough matchup dan Ackroyd for me. But Martin Short had a brief but glorious run, and there was a time period where they had a lot of great cast members and he stood out in a huge way, partially saved the show. Teenage Skin thought Ed Grimley was one of the funniest characters in the world.
Speaker 4: It's not a tough one for me. It's Dan Aykroyd all the way. Early dan Aykroyd is just about as elite as it got. Yeah, he was phenomenal. He got a little bit of a beating the older he got, but huge fan and an incredible writer.
Speaker 2: Number one Eddie Murphy, number sixteen, j Farrow, Come on Man. Number eight.
Speaker 4: Cecily Strong number nine, Rob Schneider. I'll take Cecily Strong. You talk about one trick ponies, The nickname and ader copy cop base. But dude, she's awesome. She's been She's very versatile. I love a lot of Rob Schneider's opinions, though.
Speaker 2: Number five Daryl Hammond, Number twelve, Norm McDonald, Come on, this is now tough.
Speaker 3: Not for me, Not for me.
Speaker 2: Daryl Hammond is one of the best performers that show ever had.
Speaker 3: He's the white tim Meadows.
Speaker 2: Tim Meadows never carried the role of multiple presidents. Dude, Darryl Hammond is a beast.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're you're doing a bit here.
Speaker 4: Again, this is very similar to the Tracy Morgan discussion, although this is even more of a blow out. This is he's a role player and you're talking about one of the greatest individual single game scorers in league history. Darryl Hammond had a four year run where he was on the show and nobody.
Speaker 3: Knew it, right.
Speaker 2: I think everyone knew it.
Speaker 3: You didn't.
Speaker 2: I will also I will also vote Norm though, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if you didn't, I'd come over there and smash Number four.
Speaker 2: Amy Pohler, Number thirteen, Julius Sweeney, Marry Poler, Pretty easy, Amy Polar.
Speaker 3: That should have been a one sixteen.
Speaker 2: Tough one right here, number six, Andy Samberg, eleven, Will Forte.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's it is a tough one.
Speaker 1: I mean, I prefer Andy Samberg, but I get it. That's a tough matchup got Lee. It is tough.
Speaker 4: They both have done so many great things since they left too that you try to.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ben brings up a good point, though, do we into consideration, I don't know, Because I'm a straight guys chopping it up, I don't know. I'm trying not to take that into ca I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna vote either one who loses this match deserves to go into the next round, because there's lesser cast members that have made it to the next round.
Speaker 2: The Darryl Hammond nor McDonald thing too, Like those guys are both of those guys should be advancing. But how the bracket played out.
Speaker 3: Here that you should They should have done better in the early rounds.
Speaker 4: They should have gotten into Okay, season Samberg obviously all the shorts, that was where he was at his best, right.
Speaker 2: The legacy shorts, right, that's a legacy thing.
Speaker 4: But Forte, you know when I think of his greatness, I think of it in post SNL.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I mean? And if you want to consider that. That's your choice. I'm trying hard not to consider that. I'm going I'm gonna go Samburg too fantastic.
Speaker 2: Number three, Bill Murray, Number fourteen, Chris Rock.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, well, okay again, exactly what Ben just said. Chris Rock has exactly one memorable character and it wasn't that great. This is and that's why Chris Rock is seated so low.
Speaker 2: I mean it is a SNL cast member, right, and so sorry, I'll get my vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I saw Bill Murray talking yesterday.
Speaker 4: They were talking about him joining the cast in the second season, and he was like, the first episode he had like a bunch of hits, they all clicked in great sketches, and then he couldn't get any sketches. He wasn't being written in, and so he and Lorne decided he would do an apology, and so he went on air and gave an apology for his performance on the season so far.
Speaker 3: He goes, I can do better. I need to do better. It's so good, and it was like and that totally saved his career. Maybe if you guys.
Speaker 1: Have not seen it, you really need to see that. Chris Rock Kevin Hart documentary it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is so good.
Speaker 1: And Chris Rock explains his failings on Saturday Night Live, and it's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: As Oh wow. Yeah, number seven to eighty Bryant, number ten, Vanessa Beyar and.
Speaker 3: That's a bear for me. I would be cool if this matchup didn't happen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take Adie Bryant, so skin, you're gonna have to make a pick here.
Speaker 1: I think that Adie Bryant has had bigger belly laughs, because she has a bigger belly. Okay, uh, they're pretty that's actually pretty evenly matd number two, Dana Carvey, number fifteen, Billy Crystal. Yeah, it's got to be Danny Carvey close, but dude, Billy Crystal's We were talking earlier about Andy Sandberg and the shorts Billy Crystals. The shorts he did with Christopher Guest are amazing. You look, did you ever see the Negro Baseball League characters they did?
Speaker 3: It was so awesome.
Speaker 2: Great John Belushi number one, number sixteen, Heidi Gardner.
Speaker 3: Which is Heidi the hot one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is tough a lot.
Speaker 3: No, give me a.
Speaker 2: Number eight, Kevin Neeland, number nine, Seth Myers, Oh wow, think of them both, I'll me Kevin Neeland for one reason.
Speaker 4: He comes to mind when I think of the Patrick Swayze stripping thing, and he's one of the judges.
Speaker 3: He was so good.
Speaker 1: He's also he's also one of the executives that's looking into space as Dana Carvey. He sings chopping broccoli, Yes, yes, and he was I'll pump you up. I think I think I'm going with Niland.
Speaker 2: I think in Seth's contributions are more writing writing, Yeah, you know. Number five, Maya Rudolph, Number twelve, Pete Davidson.
Speaker 4: It's Maya Rudolph For me, I think she's about as talented as This is a tough matchup because I love them. Both are both great, but she's so much more talented than him. He's awesome, yeah and unique, but dude, she's the real deal.
Speaker 3: She's talent.
Speaker 1: I told you, guys, I was just watching that Kobe documentary on CNN and they showed when she played Vanessa Bryant during the scandal that Kobe had, and it reminded me how long she was on the show, all the different people she did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Last one for take a Break four Adam Sandler thirteen, Chris Gatan Git I'll think Adam Sandler, of course, and we'll finish it.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that's a match well.
Speaker 2: I mean the first round there's a lot an upsided matchup. Did they get all men? Is that all the when Duke plays, you know, Winthrop? You know?
Speaker 4: Is that all the Is that all the cast members that they've ever had, plenty more they didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, we'll get to this is really good.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, we'll do around the sports and then we'll get back to the s n L cast member bracket.