Speaker 1: All right, at the end of an era in Dallas today is Zach Martin officially retires. They had a big ceremony for him out at the Star. I know Tony Romo was there. I don't know if Dak was there, but I know that Zach said that he gave everything he had while he was out there. I don't think anyone can ever doubt that we'll get into maybe the best moment in the history of our show that involves Zach Martin. But you know, as we sit here and criticize front offices, I will always be reminded of the moment that the Cowboys drafted Zack Martin because I really wanted them to draft Johnny Manziel, and I think Jerry Jones also wanted to draft Johnny Manziel.
Speaker 2: Like as the story goes, he.
Speaker 1: Was trying to get that card up there to draft Johnny Manziel and they almost had to tackle him and.
Speaker 2: Take the card away.
Speaker 1: Yes, they took it from Jerry and said, no, we're not doing that, We're doing this, and it worked out fantastic.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Zack Martin was incredible and had an incredible career and is probably recognized is if not the best offensive lineman, probably second to Larry Allen. I think everybody looks at Larry Allen and Zach is one A and one B, and you can pick whoever you want to be A and whoever you want to be B.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the history of the Cowboys, and to have Zach Martin and Travis Frederick and Tyron Smith together, you know, arguably, I mean, they're all three in the mix for the best at their position in the discussion in the history of the Cowboys at least, and still didn't win at all.
Speaker 2: It's tough, man.
Speaker 1: It's hard to get to a conference championship game in this league because like in the last thirty thirty years, I think only twenty seven teams have done it of the thirty two, or maybe it's twenty eight or twenty nine. So it's hard to be in that group of three.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just feel better that knowing that every Cowboy over the last thirty years, no matter what they've accomplished, little Lucky Whitehead too much, Zach Martin, none of them got it right.
Speaker 1: I will never forget Zach Martin walking around the Cowboys facility on his first day there with a strange pleat In his pants.
Speaker 2: It was hard to miss, wasn't it. He had flashlight in his pocket.
Speaker 1: Dad, It appeared that he had one of those police issued flashlights, a super long ones that are kind of like night sticks.
Speaker 2: He had a jabb Well was happy he had a j R.
Speaker 1: Smith issued flashlight in his pocket, Yeah, he did. He was excited to be there in the facility. But those those picks, those picks, those offensive linemen. It's never sexy, it's never exciting. Obviously Johnny Manziel would have been very exciting, and then that would have fizzled out almost immediately, maybe later that night. But kind of realized that's what makes teams good. It's not the sexy big names. It's just the guys in the trenches, the big lineman. Yeah, it's and it needs to be rebuilt again. The cycle is cycle is complete. Now we're back in the mode where we got to build it back up again. Well, we will get back into this because we will. We'll replay this moment that we had with Zach Martin on our show, which might be the greatest moment in the history of our show. But it all reminds me of the intro some.
Speaker 5: Time MOS Right now, you're ready, ready's ready, ready and ready.
Speaker 6: Time to do one.
Speaker 7: Quick quit epic within our show. You're gonna ruin it, except with similar we pursuing it. Huddled out shaw shank through the sewer, Kid, Now what chilling at the eagle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Three your clock on the doc.
Speaker 8: Gotta have it for my house.
Speaker 7: A gop status, Howard starting to get cratic. Shows that en up multiplied like a rabbit tune end zone out, break it up a habit.
Speaker 2: I'll hang out, we don't friend rocket it on the lady. My boys talking on the Bandyo, it's time.
Speaker 3: To beg.
Speaker 2: Oh, bababy, we can go eighty enough.
Speaker 8: All the lady.
Speaker 2: You guys pee in the shower? Yes, no, every time? Really, yep.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'll if I have to take a piss, but I know I'm gonna shower soon.
Speaker 2: I'll just hold it till I get in the shower.
Speaker 6: You purposely like pee in the shower?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about you? Christina?
Speaker 6: No, because I think it was either this show or some other shows on it was brought up and people thought I was gross, and I was like, you know what, I guess it is kind of gross, And so I trained myself to stop doing it. Really, you can train yourself to stop doing it.
Speaker 2: What if you just wan want to do it?
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess now, just pat my curiosity. Now, I don't really think I've ever thought about doing it. How do you not do it?
Speaker 8: Ben?
Speaker 1: Do you piss in the shower? I don't know if you can say that I shower. I do, but I have amazingly accurate aim, and you're so free with it. I'm wondering if you're pushing in uh some some brown waffles down that drain. What just the way you were talking about it makes me think you're rocking deuce is in the shower too. I don't think those things are the same thing. Biologically, they're very different.
Speaker 2: They're not. But in the hold on, Christina, how's your aim?
Speaker 6: Uh? I don't know how to answer that question.
Speaker 5: Do you really not paying the shower tizzl?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: But I mean it seems a little disrespectful to who if you share a shower with someone?
Speaker 2: There's a drain right there, man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know you know, I mean like dirty hair is leaving your body dirty, hairy, dirty hairs.
Speaker 5: Like the toilet's a perfectly fine place to do it, and I've been doing it there my whole life.
Speaker 2: I mean to start doing in the shower.
Speaker 1: I do it there too, But there is something very satisfying about having scalding hot water on your back while you urinate.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, does it ruin the tile in the bathroom at all? Is that rusting there?
Speaker 2: Chatt?
Speaker 8: Get on?
Speaker 1: Well, wait, hold on, wouldn't it then also rust out the porcelain and the toilet?
Speaker 6: Okay, fair, You're right.
Speaker 2: I don't think urine has rust properties in it.
Speaker 6: Just wondering, Okay.
Speaker 5: I'm also thinking about splatter possibilities, like you know, it splatters up onto your shampoo bottle or something.
Speaker 1: Man, Listen, if you were to go pee in the shower once, I think all your questions would be answered. You'd be like, oh, yeah, I'm just peeing into a straight drain that's going down with.
Speaker 2: A huge push of water pushing it down there.
Speaker 1: I think it's an emergency. I don't think I look forward to it like you clearly do.
Speaker 2: I love it. You clearly wait for those opportunities. Do you ever just go into the shower and you're fully dressed and just let it rip in there?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: I don't do that. Do you get me.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys are James Addiction fans, but Perry Ferrell has an amazing song about this called Standing in the Shower Thinking, and he just lays it out perfectly.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: I know we have a lot of James Addiction fans that listen to the Eagle because the Eagle rocks.
Speaker 2: Standing in the shower thinking it's.
Speaker 1: Not that be down to drink you guys, You guys turned into a Counting Crows song.
Speaker 2: This is Jane's addiction. It's way different thinking and then he.
Speaker 5: Starts screaming at the waters A fan.
Speaker 1: Hot man. I had that whole thing the other day. I told my wife this. I'm like, man, here's the biggest third or first world issue ever. But in the winter, there's nothing I dread more than getting out of the shower.
Speaker 2: I want to stay in there. And then the water bill goes up.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just want to stand in the hot shower for days. Yeah, because the second you get out, it's like it sucks.
Speaker 5: So I'm asking was I don't know, because I'm now having second thoughts about how thinking how gross it is.
Speaker 1: Urine is just water and salt, right, I mean Ben's guy Bear grills drinks it. Yeah, he drinks camel. You're in too, though, and you don't dump that in your shower.
Speaker 2: No, I would never have any freezon to have that. I don't think.
Speaker 1: You know, when you're showering, what happens is is there's this faucet and this high pressure water comes out of it and it comes out like, you know, reasonably strong. Yeah, so if you go to the bathroom, if you urinate, it'll just go right down to the drain with it.
Speaker 5: No, it's not like it just gathers somewhere. It just feels like it's just not the place for it. It may it may just be when we've been trained that our whole life. Retrain yourself, like Christine the other way, you wouldn't take a shower in a toilet. That's fair too.
Speaker 1: You know, you wouldn't have a bidet and just clean your face real quick and lean in.
Speaker 2: And I also think little things. It's way different.
Speaker 5: But eating in the bed or having the dog in the bed, I think those are gross things.
Speaker 2: And have you ever eaten in the shower? Do that too?
Speaker 1: Sometimes you're in a hurry, and so you got to set up a small table like a TV tray, and just have a full meal while your shower. I once was in such a hurry I had a waiter come and serve me in the shower.
Speaker 6: I have legit had coffee in the shower before.
Speaker 2: He really, Yeah, just set.
Speaker 6: It there, you set it up away from the water.
Speaker 5: It's great, Okay.
Speaker 1: I respect that I took my coffee pot into the shower and brewed coffee in the shower.
Speaker 5: I've never done the beer in the shower, but I don't think I've had food in the shower.
Speaker 2: God, I think I want to drink beer in the shower while peeing.
Speaker 5: That's why I get my best thoughts though. Yeahower, I'm a creative machine.
Speaker 2: That's what the.
Speaker 1: James Addiction song is about. It's about man when you're standing in the shower thinking it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Ping. Isn't talking about ping? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he says, and it's running down my legs. I've got the lyrics you like, yeah, read them, but take out the cuss words.
Speaker 5: I was standing in the shower thinking about what makes a man an outlaw or a leader. I'm thinking about power, the ways a man can use it or be destroyed.
Speaker 2: By it. The water hits my neck and I'm whizzing on myself. Why why on yourself?
Speaker 5: Let's go to the pre chorus and the water ris a pipe and hot. Yeah, the water is a pipe and hots not piping, dude. It beats up on my nick and I'm wizzing on myself standing in the shape. He didn't even put a course in this song. He was that lazy put a course in your songs people.
Speaker 1: It's just like a little resolve part before it goes back into the verse.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll listen to it when I got off here. The album cover has some boobies on it though, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a real controversial time because their head's on fire. Yeah, he heads on first four boobs. I'd say that's honestly and truly one of the twenty best rock records after the year nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 5: I've decided he annoys me, you know, seeing him in documentaries and just you know, fighting with Dave Navara.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of out on that guy. Herins me. He's whizz in the toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a druggy jerk. I get it, but that song's badass. I like peeing in the shower in my friend, Why are hitting the drain though? Way just on himself, that's not mandatory. I think that part of is because he was a heroin addict, and so I think it.
Speaker 5: Was just screw yeah, I got bit by a bunch of jellyfish, right. The thing is that Ben's when Ben took it to a little more extreme.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 2: I will say in the fetish world they're kind of the same. Go ahead and be on that island if you want. You think they're different. Urine and excrement.
Speaker 5: They are both two things I wouldn't work into my bedroom play.
Speaker 1: There's lots of things, but that doesn't group them together. Is pretty close. Like a dude is not a goat.
Speaker 2: It's still body waste. And do you remember Biggie talking about that?
Speaker 1: Like, man, I don't think i'd ever heard of that Biggie Smalls, he's the illest.
Speaker 2: Did you have a friend that tried that out one time?
Speaker 1: Lee Harvey? Did you all have a friend bet a guy named Lee Harvey?
Speaker 8: Heys?
Speaker 1: You's you a friend tried to party? I want to party with you, cowboy?
Speaker 2: All right, There you have it. We're off and running.
Speaker 1: Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, fifteen movies that have shaped KT and Christina.
Speaker 2: That's next, It's.
Speaker 5: Been and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. Thank you for rocking out with us today.
Speaker 1: Now part of doing what you do with us entails BFD and it's coming May twenty fifth of the do Seki's Pavilion and we would love to spend time with you there that day. In fact, we're gonna give you an incentive. We're gonna give you a chance to win tickets, and we gon't do it right now. I hope you have the iHeart app. It's free. It allows you to stream anytime, do podcasts, all that stuff you love with all your iHeart programming. And of course all you guys do is download it. If you haven't done it yet, you're missing out because it has a talkback feature and you can leave these thirty second talkback messages. For example, right now, the third person that leaves a talk back with their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question what activity did we talk about earlier? That I more than anybody on the show liked to do. In the shower, we just talked about it like twenty minutes ago. If you're listening, you know, and if you're the third person that tell us what it is, you're gonna win BFD tickets May twenty fifth, Oseqi's Pavilion.
Speaker 2: Marilyn Manson Chevelle. It's gonna be great. Do not miss it.
Speaker 5: But right now it's time for this juice in your news. Hot God, if you live to become.
Speaker 2: Stay on top in the.
Speaker 5: Chevel quickly before we get to the big topic at hand, our Hollywood shuffle story, the murder of little Ronnie the rapper. Yeah for worth at the wishy washy car wash. No, that was the laundromat that delly partner and her husband. It was lappies, right, slappies car wash.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: The Forest Hill Police Department had a press conference today. They did identify the suspects, a Donnis Robinson and Jacoby Russell.
Speaker 1: Did they I'm assuming they knew each other from some other thing. Well, here's the thing. Police Chief David Hernandez called them both cowards and public enemies during his press conference and pointed out that Donnis Robinson has a sex offender passed, so they're on the run and oh they're not caught.
Speaker 2: No, they're not kint yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got video of their cars and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: They got a video of one of them running.
Speaker 1: Dude, you kill a five year old child, death penalty, dude, And I'm totally fine with that.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, this is a that's the kind of that's your head story on TMZ. Okay.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Yeah, the little Ronnie story is getting a little traction.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you stumble on something, you just look at it for a minute and it doesn't generate anything. Well, this one did generate something out of me, and it was disappointment, really not anger. The article from Mental Floss was titled, and I saw it on Twitter as clicked on it, fifteen iconic movies that shaped the millennial generation. Christina and I are millennials. If you're a millennial right now, you're your age twenty nine to forty four, you know, so you know we're kind of right in the middle.
Speaker 2: We're middle, we're mid millennials. Yeah, we're pretty mid.
Speaker 12: So it's the list.
Speaker 2: I was like, fifteen of them. I'll tell you, I've seen seven of these.
Speaker 1: Oh my goshine, maybe you count see how many you've said it only half shaped?
Speaker 2: You can, I get gonna say you guys have seen way more than than I have of these.
Speaker 1: I would love to guess one just because of what I think I know about you and her. Okay, Billy Madison not on the list, and that was very frustrating for me.
Speaker 6: Comeword bound on there? Or is it more recent?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the one where?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: To me, oh, I'll see the ear least was eighty seven? Uh, what's the one up the Creek without a paddle? Probably have that?
Speaker 1: That redhead guy is in probably a lot of them, right the creek with that guy I know, Seth Green. Yeah, Seth Green's gonna be right in your wheelhouse. No he wheelhouse? Yeah he is, but I never was he in a movie called Up the Creek or something, or it's actually called up the Creek without a Paddle, something like that hitting Christina. It's also a great line from a Cupress Hills. So okay, hold on a second. You neither one of y'all were born in nineteen eighty seven eight for me eighty nine. Oh dude, Lion King, Yeah, Lion King's not on there, and I think it should have been. Y'all talk about it old, I mean, Mianking and toy story for me. Yeah, that would have been that.
Speaker 6: Dying Yeah, I mean Foster and Dying Lion King was huge.
Speaker 5: Those would have been the Disney too. That really is like okay, yeah, that one had a hold on me. Toy story especially. Oh they're going to say the Matrix, aren't they They kind.
Speaker 2: Of left out something like that. The Matrix is in it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, without a paddle, Ben without a paddle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what year was it?
Speaker 6: Two thousand and four?
Speaker 2: Who else is your wheelhouse? Right, Daxon and Daxon? That Oh wow, he's totally.
Speaker 6: Matthew Lillard, Dax Shepherd, Bert Reynolds is in that movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's go. He's a millennial icon. You know what else?
Speaker 1: One is one that I always hear y'all talk about is like ten things I'd say I love you or a date or.
Speaker 6: I hate about you?
Speaker 5: Yes, I love that. Oh I know, I know. Scream Scream is on the list number four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one either is ten things I hate about you and your body on there?
Speaker 5: No, uh, scream seven is coming back though, Sweet David ar Kent lives.
Speaker 2: Yes a scream. Can you count them? Christine? I've I got seven and you guys count.
Speaker 5: Too, Okay, I have seen Scream Mark The Princess Bride. YEP, I can say with let me forest, I've never seen it.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. Hold on this that is a gen X movie. We were eighty seven is in the realm of the Millennial Lakes.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know, but you're you're not going to influence somebody that was born that year. I'm not greatly influenced by Clute. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's the movies that it's the movies that you guys grew up with. You guys didn't grow up with The Princess Bride. I grew up with The Princess Bride and I'm jen X.
Speaker 2: Let's clute.
Speaker 1: Clute is a movie where Jane Fond is a prostitute and won an Academy Award for it, and it came out when I was like one.
Speaker 2: That's my point.
Speaker 5: Movies that come out when you're a toddler don't influence you.
Speaker 6: I don't know if we can say that movie's name.
Speaker 2: Really the Sandlot Number two? Of course, Yeah, wonderful. It's a good movie. It's just wildly overrated, but definitely a shaper. I'll give that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, people, y'all's age, talk about it like it matters.
Speaker 5: You're seeing out the third one here in nineteen ninety three. You know JP Jurassic Park.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes, one that skin hasn't seen.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch it tonight. Should or not? Yeah, it might make you think differently about Laura Dern.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fourth, I'm a big Laura Darn fan. Scream on there.
Speaker 5: Okay, so they they only went the animated route here once. I think in Mulan was their choice.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I feel like I feel like y'all talk about Lyon King way more than Mulan.
Speaker 6: I agree. I mean, I loved Mulan. I rewatched it all the time, but for just that one movie out of all the Disney movies we watched.
Speaker 5: I never saw its great number six, The Big Lebowski.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ninety eight.
Speaker 2: We're getting to ninety eight. You see where we're going.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, Big Olebowski does one I didn't watch till college. I agreed, you know, so I don't know if it would have been watching at the age of ten.
Speaker 2: The Matrix.
Speaker 5: The Mummy never seen it.
Speaker 1: It was revolutionary in terms of special effects. I mean, it's maybe one of the worst movies ever made. But it was a big deal for special effects.
Speaker 6: Well, sorry, maybe was that because I feel like ninety nine, Yeah, I was really young when that came out.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was also revolutionary with the idea that Brendan Fraser was a leading Yeah.
Speaker 6: Dude, that Ride at Universal is great, not Ride at Universal.
Speaker 2: Right back to back here, these are two thousand and ones. Two movies.
Speaker 5: I've never seen Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the Ring, and then Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone.
Speaker 6: Clearly I've never seen Lord of the Rings. I've seen The Hobbit, but not that one.
Speaker 5: The amount of people who have seen all those movies, I mean, I know I'm in the minority on not seeing those same I haven't seen any of them. Oh foe, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Speaker 2: Great movie.
Speaker 1: I think of that as a gen X movie, but that's badass gen X movie, really generation X because of like, yeah, sixteen when it came out, right and for a sixteen year old, the emotional depth of what relationships actually mean. You don't have the life experience to really connect to it at that point. You think you do, though you think you do Oh yeah, you think you know everything at that Yeah, but then when you actually go through the idea of law through a relationship, it it's it's a really really impactful film.
Speaker 5: Same year opposite into the spectrum though, Mean Girls, Yes, Tots.
Speaker 2: I'll add that in absolutely Girls is fantastic. Garden State, for sure.
Speaker 6: I knew when you study Eternal Eternal, Suntimes, Spotless Mind, that was going to be on there.
Speaker 1: That had maybe one of the five best trailers I've ever seen, Like if you just go go online and watch the trailer for it, it's spectacular.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't. It had to have been in the last five years, but it wasn't recent. Rewatched it. Garden State, it's not there. It's okay, it's.
Speaker 1: It's kind of similar, and like when you go back and rewatch, uh, what's the one now? How do you like them? Apples? Goodwill Hunting. It's kind of like that, you know, like you go, okay, you youthfully yeah, But they are stringing together a Garden State concert at some point, I think zach Ref's putting it together.
Speaker 5: So just the shin this is sens They were on there twice and then all the other sad bands that are in there.
Speaker 2: Uh, super Bad. Of course.
Speaker 6: I had someone give me that for like a graduation present. Actually, that's how big a deal it was.
Speaker 2: That matters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm looking forward to a movie that's being called kind of a more adult and weirder version of super Bad, featuring Michael Sarah is going to be with Kristin Stewart as his wife.
Speaker 2: She's pregnant.
Speaker 5: There's a couple more people in this, but I forgot, but it looks funny and like the casting, the people who are in it are very good. In The movie is called Sacramento, and that's coming up in April, and it's it's getting some good reviews and like you're gonna get some super Bad vibes. If you watch super Bad as a kid, you might still feel this as an adult.
Speaker 1: Sac By the way, the Heidi Gardner bit on Sarah out Live where she was getting her picture taken and said, ooh, I look like Michael Sarah.
Speaker 2: Pretty good funny bit. Yeah, Inception was the last one. I don't think ever song.
Speaker 6: I've only seen it once, so I've seen all of those.
Speaker 5: But Lord of the Rings, Oh wow, have you really Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: You have fourteen of the fifteen. Yeah, how'd you guys? What got what ten of those? Rawle them off again?
Speaker 5: Princess Bride Nope, sand Lait is that ye, I've seen parts of it, sand Lot yes, Jurassic Part yes, Scream yes, Mulan no, The Big Lebowski yes, The Matrix yes, the Mummy yes, Lord of the Rings no, Harry Potter yes, Eternal Sunshine of the Spots Mind yes, Mean Girls yes, Garden State yes, super Bad yes, Inception yes.
Speaker 2: You were shaped by your millennial yeah, I've seen eight of those. You've seen eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was not shaped at all by that. I didn't see Tommy Boy on the list. I didn't see Happy Gilmour. I didn't see Billy Madison. I didn't see step Brothers. I didn't see Anchorman. I didn't see Anchorman two. I didn't see h Ricky Bobby. Yeah, all of that, I didn't. Those were huge forgetting Sarah Marshall and see any of the stuff on there. Goofy movie, face off, Goofy movie is great. You guys were big fans of White Chicks. No, you know what, My wife likes that movie? Yeah? Serious?
Speaker 1: Wow, because you're like ten when it came out or whatever, and Homie just kind of seems funny and it's kind of weird.
Speaker 12: So there you go.
Speaker 5: There it is the movie thing that we're talked about on the show.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up next and around the sports, the Cowboys are creating cap space. What does this mean? Are they about to go get a big, big free agent? And Zach Martin hangs it up. All that's coming away next, But this segment is rout to you by her Tito Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue could ever have locations in Mansfield, Fort Worth, and Arlington. So we're in the eight one to seven and you've been to Globe Life Field.
Speaker 2: You are very familiar to locations in Globe Life Field. But now there's a Hurtado in Dallas at that it's at the Dallas Farmers Market and it is exquisite. And you know, if you're one of those folks who likes to go down there for all the great people watching or just to experience Dallas Farmer's Market, man, make it a point to stop by her Toto Barbecue. If you see Brandon Hurtado and his wife and his family, tell him Ben and skin Sinya, this is some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. And now it is available in Dallas at the Farmers Market. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: Good listeners. He here comes KT fun tweets were around, now it's.
Speaker 12: Go around the sports.
Speaker 4: KT fun tweints has all the sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a retirement press conference today for Cowboys former guys. EF's onman Zach Martin, and we did have hot Mike Stephen as well. So there's a couple of clips. Zach Martin sitting in the middle, Jerry Fly to his left, Stephen too his right. Here's our first clip of three Darry Jones and the Jones family.
Speaker 13: Even though it took a little bit of convincing back in twenty fourteen, Thank you, Thank you for believing in me and giving me an opportunity to live out that dream.
Speaker 5: I've decided that Steven is what every new comedian needs in their crowd. This is someone to be laughing at your joke. Yeah, it's pretty good, Zach, have a little funny right here.
Speaker 13: In twenty sixteen, I made the greatest decision in my life. I married one of my best friend's sisters. I love his stand up routine. I hear that again. Yeah, in twenty sixteen, I made the greatest decision in my life. I married one of my best friend's sisters.
Speaker 2: Steven's laugh track, it's a infrodible. It's the best. Dude.
Speaker 5: Now, Jerry, you know Zach had a prepared statement, Got dude, We got a little ch hoked up talking about Jason Garrett saying as first coach. But then after Zach reads his ten minute statement, Jerry takes the mic.
Speaker 2: Oh, God, and uh, I think this is pretty good.
Speaker 9: The reason you're sitting in the middle, I think is because he wanted to separate me and Steven over here, because I still have nots on my shen from him kicking me under the table when we were sitting there discussing that draft day.
Speaker 2: I hope it.
Speaker 9: Was an example of at the end of the day, I do accept the smarter decision and make it around here. Although I know I've got a lot of questioning that in the room.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good Jerry admitting he was wrong. You don't see that often.
Speaker 5: Jerry mentioned that he never ever talked with Zach's representation with negotiating contracts. Wait what he and Jerry went and kind of it's knocked out. The preliminary agreement was one on one meetings of Zach and Jerry.
Speaker 2: Even when he held out, well.
Speaker 5: That's they got into it a little bit and basically Zach said, well, I'm the best offensive lineman in the league, so I need to be paid like that.
Speaker 2: So Yeah's it was all pretty good. It's good. Forty minutes, took all.
Speaker 5: The questions and all that stuff. I found this from twenty fourteen. This is like the day after he got drafted, and I wanted to play this because the twenty fourteen NFL draft was very weird.
Speaker 2: That was a day when we were on the air a tornado.
Speaker 5: Hit the building, oh wow, and broke the shatter of the glass when we were broadcasts at CBS. I don't know where this is from because I think it's proably Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: But that's interesting.
Speaker 5: He was being asked are you okay playing guard? Because everyone thought he was going to be a tackle.
Speaker 11: You know, it's been different.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 11: My outlook on it is I've just.
Speaker 10: Been willing to play in a position that the team who drafted me wants me to play, So you know, that's my Itue coming out to Dallas as I'm ready to do anything the team need ple to do.
Speaker 2: All right, what a good trooper right there? Tackle could have made more money.
Speaker 1: Well especially it's it's fine saying that on your rookie deal, because that's going to be what it is pretty much no matter what. But I'm sure later you know his age are like, are we sure we don't want him to be a tackle?
Speaker 5: This is just a seven second thing that I wanted to play at the time because it's you know, failed NFLGM Mike Mayock from back the day. But here's what he said after the draft pick went down.
Speaker 14: They went from one of the wild parts of the draft to maybe the safest pick.
Speaker 2: In the draft. That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine Johnny Manzel coming here and, by the way, being a studious backup quarterback and he mentioned like being drunk all the time, Yeah, when he was with the Browns, when when he was playing, Yes, being drunk, not ever studying the playbook, not ever knowing the plays.
Speaker 1: He would have sat here, you know, well, do you know what would have happened? This, This will get super dark. He would have died here, Yeah, because he was partying in this town, hardcore, out of control, and he wasn't even a Dallas Cowboy and he was here all the time, all the time.
Speaker 5: That draft is wild because at that point where the Cowboys were, they were stuck in the middle. Twenty thirteen was another eight and eight Garrett classic, right. I remember a couple just a couple of names, just to jog your memory. Uh, famous from the NBC sitcom The Good Place. Blake Bortles, Remember Blake Boris. Yeah, he went three in that draft. Mike Evans went seven in that draft. We interviewed him. He had no personality now shoe in Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I thought all that magic at A and M from Johnny was Johnny, but a lot of it was just thrown it up to Mike Evans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of that running around.
Speaker 1: And Mike Mike Evans ended up being the DeMar Derosen of football. Like you look at his old time numbers, they're extraordinary and he's just been doing it in Tampa and no one's really paying attention.
Speaker 5: Number twelve, Odell Beckham, thirteen, Aaron Donald to the Rams, that's yeah, and wait thirteen, yeah, and then we're about to get Shazier right, fifteen, the Steelers take Ryan Shazier the linebacker, and if they did not do that, we would have taken the Cowboys would have taken him. Yeah, And I don't think there's really much of a fight between that. I think they all agreed, like, okay, we can need the defensive help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is he injured? Did he have the got bad injury?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he got paralyzed. Yeah, yeah, I just works for the Steelers.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the front off. I think he's able to walk around.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Game. Yeah, it was in the game and he was Yeah, that was tough. And it was like in year three or something like. It was early early Yeah. And then there you go Zach Martin. So what was that sixteen fifteen sixteen? Johnny didn't go until twenty two? Johnny Johnny poople Pants went to the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 1: And wasn't that their second first round pick of the draft. Yeah, because they took a corner at number eight?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did uh?
Speaker 1: Did do you know if Travis or I'm sorry if Zach mentioned Travis today or Tyren?
Speaker 5: He mentioned Travis and he mentioned everyone though, I mean like names that you would forget, like Jeremy Parnell and Bernardeau and you know offensive lineman from back in the day.
Speaker 2: I used to love hearing Jerry and Steven say.
Speaker 5: Bernadou he talked about twenty twenty when McCarthy came here, how it was hard to learn to do things a different way, and he was like, well, I don't want to change anything I do. I've mastered the position. And McCarthy like taught him to, you know, open up his mind to new ideas. Which is weird because we always criticist maccarthury for being kind of boring. Uh, he might have just been saying something nice about Mike. Probably really likes him. Honestly, all the players like Mike, they seem to, and now you know, all the players kind of like Garrett too. I thought, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: All right, I got some audio played a couple weeks ago. But you know, we played.
Speaker 5: Songs a couple of times. You know, you might hear the same song, you know, every once in a while. We once pranked Zach Martin with the help of our friend Travis Frederick Oly Travis had a bit of a man bun going on, and in the press conference, Yeah, Travis was there, Yeah, he was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's had a man bun. He's in town.
Speaker 4: He's just don't tell us what he's been man bunning around. Yeah, what's he doing?
Speaker 2: Man bunning it up? That's the first time I've heard that as a verb, and I like it. Thank you.
Speaker 5: He's like six years past the man bun thing. Yeah, black guy, what do you mean? This is not really in anymore?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: He's Travis Frederick. He can make it in. He'll just stare at you till it's in.
Speaker 6: Doesn't Jason Momoa always do a man bun a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's always in.
Speaker 5: He's like, you know, he's different, right how Aquaman just kind of that's who he is.
Speaker 2: That could be Aquaman if you wanted to.
Speaker 5: Like, when you think of Jason Momoa, you don't think of the man bun. You just think of Jason Momoa as Aquaman. This guy's deal tearing down Travis.
Speaker 1: I don't get it first, Michael Young, Now Travis, I will say.
Speaker 6: This is why Travis won't tell us he's in town.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. And I do think Wisconsin Man is not a good superhero.
Speaker 2: It was calledson.
Speaker 5: He's here to drink beer and talk about cheese. Do you guys, need your snowshoveled. Okay, so this is about three minutes. Do you want to set up the prank?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, Bennie. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the idea was we had developed such a good relationship with Travis Frederick. Well when Zach Martin came along, he immediately became besties with Travis Frederick and Travis took him under his wing, even though he was also a young player. And so the idea was, can we prank a cowboy? And the only way to really be able to do that was to have another cowboy in on it with us, and they'll often do that to rookies, and so Travis helped us set up Zach Martin. And the idea was, I was going to play a grandpa or a dad or whatever who's throwing a bar mitzvah for his son or grandson, and Skin was going to be the kid who was having the bar mitzvah, and we were going to be asking Travis and Zach to come to the bar mitzvah and we were going to pay them to do it. But the idea was that the kid didn't know who Zach Martin was and didn't want him, so we were gonna insult Zach Martin the entire time and then lowball him on being there while paying Travis to figure him out. And every time he was about to question whether it was real or not, Travis would get a best Supporting Actor or not because he would go, Yeah, this is fine, this is what we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in. He was great. He was great.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Here it is Ben as mister Cohen Skin playing the role of his son Noah, Travis, and Zach.
Speaker 2: We want you guys to get Grandma Rose.
Speaker 4: You guys take a giant bucket of freezing cold gatorade and you're gonna dump it on unsuspecting Grandma Rose.
Speaker 2: She's a pistol. She'll love it. It'll be hilarious.
Speaker 15: Gotcha.
Speaker 11: We can get Grandma Road.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I wanted to be ice cold. I wanted to scare her. I want to blow her away. Our expectation is that you guys will arrive at the omni full pads, helmet, shoulder pads, pants, pant pads, cleats, tape, whatever you do. We wanted to look authentic and Noah will know if it's not. So we want you to come decked out and it's part of the fee. I need full uniforms.
Speaker 15: We should be able to We'll be in Dallas. We should to make that happen. Okay, we'll just talk to Mike. We can talk to guy.
Speaker 4: Talk to Mike, Frank. I don't care whoever you got to talk to, but just come in uniform. I'm talking from the time you pull up in the valet will usher you into the ballroom. Ba bing baba boom. They sitn't gonna take long if you guys are on your game. Here's a little bit himself. Hello, Noah, hold on a singd uh. This is Travis Frederick of the Dallas Cowboys, who you wanted us as well as Zach Martin.
Speaker 2: So so hold on, gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Uh so that Nancy talk to know so we we deally I one of the reasons we want you the fees we've agreed to. Travis, your fee is thirty thousand dollars. Zach your fee is five thousand. And that's we're discussed and we're good.
Speaker 2: There are we? Okay?
Speaker 4: There, guys, I hear a lot of silence. I'm trying to I got other stuff to do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: What I don't understand was that is there a miscommunication here? If we get Romo, I would be willing to pay him one fifty. Uh, but for a secondary lineman and it's just an offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: I got five.
Speaker 3: I thought the agreed on deal with that we'd get the same.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: I apologize if there was a miscommunication. I just I'm not made of money. And you know this is Noah especial day now that I'm finding out he doesn't really know who Zach is. It's a little bit harder for me, but I still can pay him five. It's a lot of money and it only should only take about two hours.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, I mean I would have to just let trap do it.
Speaker 11: If it's totally five. That's no disrespect you guys.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna break it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna break his heart over Noah zach Is and he's out Zach.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's good? Would you do it for twelve five?
Speaker 11: I'm gonna talk to Travis.
Speaker 8: We get back to you.
Speaker 2: There's one more thing I need Travis to tell you. The last thing.
Speaker 3: What's that everybody loves a prank sect?
Speaker 8: Oh, it's a.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry you're talking about Ben Cohen, Ben Rogers.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, are you.
Speaker 3: For you? I'm not here, am I? There's no no makes fun?
Speaker 1: Remember his notes. Zach was taking meticulous notes. He had Grandma Rose and Gatorade. There's a whole thing where they're asked to hide out in a cake and then pop out in their uniforms.
Speaker 5: I need you to find that picture of all those No, you haven't your fun from ten years ago, but.
Speaker 1: You have the whole bit too. Yeah, all right, we maybe need to post that. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, congratulations on a brilliant career to Zach Martin.
Speaker 2: What a great dude is?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next the only segment of the day that won't be podcasted. You must listen live and then you won't believe what they're trying to change the name of all that's coming your way on the Ben and Skin Show. But this segment is rout to you by Hurtato Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue could ever have locations in Mansfield, fort Worth and Arlington. So if you're in the eight, one to seven and you've been to Globe Life Field, you are very familiar to locations in Globe Life Field. But now there's a Hurtado in Dallas. It's at the Dallas Farmers Market and it is exquisite. And you know, if you're one of those folks who likes to go down there for all the great people watching or just to experience Dallas Farmer's Market, man, make it a point to stop by Hurtado Barbecue. If you see Brandon Hurtado and his wife and his family, tell him Ben and skin Sinya, this is some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. And now it is available in Dallas at the Farmers Market. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: Good listeners. Here combs kt fun tweets. We're around.
Speaker 12: Now it's come around the sports.
Speaker 4: Ktu queints has all the sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a retirement press conference today for Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Former guy was off.
Speaker 5: It's onman Zach Martin and we did have hot Mike Stephen as well. So there's a couple of clips. So Zach Martin sitting in the middle, Jerry flanked to his left. Stephen too is right. Here's our first clip of three.
Speaker 2: Jarry Jones and the Jones family.
Speaker 13: Even though it took a little bit of convincing back in twenty fourteen. Thank you for Thank you for believing in me and giving me an opportunity you get really to live out that dream.
Speaker 5: I've decided that Stephen is whatever he new comedian needs in their crowd. This is someone to be laughing at your joke. Yeah, it's pretty.
Speaker 2: Good, Zach. Have a little funny right here.
Speaker 13: In twenty sixteen, I made the greatest decision in my life.
Speaker 2: I married one of my best friend's sisters. I love his stand up routine. I hear that again.
Speaker 13: Yeah, in twenty sixteen, I made the greatest decision of my life. I married one of my best friend's sisters.
Speaker 2: Steven's laugh track. It's incredible.
Speaker 5: It's the best dude, Now, Jerry, you know, Zach had a prepared statement, got through. He got a little choked up talking about Jason Garrett saying as first coach. But then after Zach reads his ten minute statement, Jerry takes the mic, Oh God, and uh, I think this is pretty good.
Speaker 9: The reason you're sitting in the middle, I think is because he wanted to separate me and say than over here, because I still have nots on my Shen from him kicking me under the table when we were sitting there discussing that draft day.
Speaker 2: I hope it.
Speaker 9: Was an example of at the end of the day, I do accept the smarter decision and make it around here. Although I know I've got a lot of questioning that in the room.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. Jerry admitting he was wrong. You don't see that often.
Speaker 5: Jerry mentioned that he never ever talked with Zach's representation with negotiating contracts. Wait what he and Jerry went and kind of it's knocked out. The preliminary agreement was one on one meetings of Zach and Jerry. Even when he held out, well that's they got into it a little bit and basically Zach said, well, I'm the best off its the woman in the league, so I need to be paid like that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was all pretty good. It's good. Forty minutes, took all.
Speaker 5: The questions and all that stuff. I found this from twenty fourteen. This is like the day after he got drafted, and I wanted to play this because the twenty fourteen NFL Draft was very weird. That was a day when we were on the air, a tornado hit the building. Oh wow, I broke the shatter of the glass when we were broadcasts at CBS. I don't know where this is from because I think it's plably Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: But that's interesting.
Speaker 5: He was being asked, are you okay playing guard? Because everyone thought he was going to be a tackle.
Speaker 11: You know, it's been different.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 11: My outlook on is I've.
Speaker 10: Just been willing to play in a position that the team who drafts me wants me to play. So you know that's my itue coming down to Dallas as I'm ready to do anything to team needs me to do.
Speaker 5: All right, what a good trooper right there could have played tackle, could have made more money.
Speaker 1: Well especially it's it's fine saying that on your rookie deal because that's going to be what it is pretty much no matter what. But I'm sure later you know his age are like, are we sure we don't want him to be a tackle?
Speaker 5: This is just a seven second thing that I wanted to play at the time because it's you know, failed NFLGM Mike Mayock from back the day. But here's what he said after the draft pick went down.
Speaker 14: They went from one of the wild parts of the draft to maybe the safest pick in the draft.
Speaker 2: That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine Johnny Manzel coming here and by the way, being a studious backup quarterback and he mentioned like being drunk all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he was with the Browns when.
Speaker 5: He played, when he was playing, Yes, being drunk, not ever studying the playbook, not ever knowing the plays. He would have sat here, you know, well, do you know what would have happened? This will get super dark.
Speaker 1: He would have died here, Yeah, because he was partying in this town, hardcore, out of control and he wasn't even a Dallas cowboy and he was here all the time, all the time.
Speaker 5: That draft is wild because at that point where the Cowboys were, they were stuck in the middle. Twenty thirteen was another eight and eight Garrett classic, right. I remember a couple just a couple of names, just to jog your memory. Uh, famous from the NBC sit Come to Good Place. Blake Bortles, Remember Blake Boris. Yeah, he went three in that draft. Mike Evans went seven in that draft. We interviewed him. He had no personality, now Shoe in Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And by the way, I thought all that magic at a and m from Johnny was Johnny, but a lot of it was just throwing it up to Mike Evans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of that running around.
Speaker 1: And Mike Mike Evans ended up being the DeMar Derosen of football. Like you look at his old time numbers, they're extraordinary, amazing and he's just been doing it in Tampa and no one's really paying attention.
Speaker 5: Number twelve Odell Beckham, thirteen Aaron Donald to the Rams's yeah and wait thirteen, Yeah, and then we're about to get Shazier, right, fifteen. The Steelers take Ryan Shazier the linebacker, and if they did not do that, we would have the Cowboys would have taken him. Yeah, And I don't think there's really much of a fight between that. I think they all agreed, like, okay, we can need the defensive help.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is he injured? Did he have the bad injury? Yeah, he got paralyzed. Yeah, yeah, he just works for the Steelers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's able to walk around.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was in the game and he was Yeah, that was tough. And it was like in year three or something like it was early early yeah, and then there you go.
Speaker 2: Zach Martin.
Speaker 5: So what was that sixteen fifteen sixteen, Johnny didn't go until twenty two Johnny Johnny poople Pants went to the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 2: And wasn't that their second first round pick of the draft? Cleveland? Yeah, because they took a corner at number eight.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did uh?
Speaker 10: Did?
Speaker 1: Do you know if Travis or I'm sorry, Zach mentioned Travis today or Tyron?
Speaker 2: He mentioned Travis and.
Speaker 5: He mentioned everyone though, I mean like names that you would forget, like Jeremy Parnell and Bernadeau and you know of Lineman from Back of the Day.
Speaker 2: I used to love hearing Jerry and Stephen say.
Speaker 5: Bernadeau he talked about twenty twenty when McCarthy came here, how it was hard to learn to do things a different way, and he was like, well, I don't want to change anything I do. I've mastered the position. And McCarthy like taught him to, you know, open up his mind to new ideas. Which is weird because we always criticist maccarthury for being kind of boring. Uh, he might have just been saying something nice about Mike. Probably really likes Hi. Want to all the players like Mike.
Speaker 2: They seem to and now you know all the players kind of like Garrett too. I thought, yeah, so.
Speaker 5: All right, I got some audio played a couple weeks ago. But you know, we played songs a couple of times. You know, you might hear the same song, you know, every once in a while. We once pranked Zach Martin with the help of our friend Travis Frederick. Well, Travis had a bit of a man bun going on and in the press conference. Yeah, Travis was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was there. Yeah, Yeah, he's had a man he's in town.
Speaker 1: He just didn't tell us what he's been man bunning around. Yeah, what's he doing?
Speaker 2: Man bunning it up? That's the first time I've heard that as a verb, and I like it. Thank you.
Speaker 5: He's like six years past the manbun thing. Yeah, black guy, what do you mean? This is not really in anymore?
Speaker 11: Is it.
Speaker 1: He's Travis Frederick. He can make it in. He'll just stare at you till it's in, doesn't.
Speaker 6: Jason Momoa always do a man bun a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's always in. He's like, you know, he's different, right how. Aquaman's just kind of that's who he is.
Speaker 2: That's could be Aquaman if you wanted to.
Speaker 5: Like, when you think of Jason Momoa, you don't think of the man Bun. You just think of Jason Momoa as Aquaman. This guy's deal tearing down Travis. I don't get it first, Michael Young. Now Travis, I will say, this.
Speaker 6: Is why Travis won't tell us he's in town.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, And I do think Wisconsin Man is not a good superhero. Oh Wisconsin Man, he's here to drink beer until talk about cheese.
Speaker 5: Do you guys need your snowshoveled? Okay, so this is about three minutes. Do you want to set up the prank?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Benny. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the idea was, we developed such a good relationship with Travis Frederick. Well, when Zach Martin came along, he immediately became besties with Travis Frederick and Travis took him under his wing, even though he was also a young player. And so the idea was, can we prank a cowboy? And the only way to really be able to do that was to have another cowboy in on it with us, and they'll often do that to rookies, and so Travis helped us set up Zach Martin and the idea was, I was going to play a grandpa or a dad or whatever who's throwing a bar mitzvah for his son or grandson, and Skin was going to be the kid who was having the bar mitzvah, and we were going to be asking Travis and Zach to come to the bar mitzvah and we were going to pay them to do it. But the idea was that the kid didn't know who Zach Martin was and didn't want him. So we were going to insult Zach Martin the entire time and then lowball him on being there while paying Travis to figure him out. And every time he was about to question whether it was real or not, Travis would get a Best Supporting Actor or not because he would go, yeah, this is fine, this is what we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're He was great. He was great.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 5: Here it is Ben as mister Cohen Skin playing the role of his son, Noah, Travison, Zach.
Speaker 2: We want you guys to get Grandma Rose.
Speaker 4: You guys take a giant bucket of freezing cold Gatorade and you're gonna dump it on unsuspecting Grandma Rose.
Speaker 2: She's a pistol. She'll love it. It'll be hilarious.
Speaker 11: Gotcha, we can get Grandma roads.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I wanted to be ice cold. I wanted to scare her. I want to blow her away. Our expectation is that you guys will arrive at the Omni full pads, helmet, shoulder pads, pants, pant pads, cleats, tape, whatever you do. We want it to look authentic and Noah will know if it's not. So we want you to come decked out and it's part of the fee. I need full uniforms.
Speaker 15: We should be able to We'll be in Dallas, so we should be able to make that happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll just talk to Mike. We we can talk to the guys.
Speaker 4: Talk to Mike, Frank. I don't care whoever you got to talk to, but just in uniform. I'm talking. From the time you pull up in the valet will usher you into the ballroom. Baba bing baba boom. They sitn't gonna take long if you guys are on your game. Here's a little in himself. Hello, Noah, hold on a second. Uh, this is Travis Frederick of the Dallas Cowboys, who you wanted us as well as Zach Martin Romo. So, so hold on, gentlemen. Uh so that Nancy talked to know, so we are we're dealing. One of the reasons we want you the fees we've agreed to. Travis your fee is thirty thousand dollars. Zach your fee is five thousand. And that's we're discussed, and we're good. There are we? Okay? There, guys, I hear a lot of silence. I'm trying to I got other stuff to do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: What I don't understand was that is there a miscommunication here? If we get Romo, I would be willing to pay him one fifty uh for a secondary lineman, and it's just an offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: I got five.
Speaker 3: I thought the agreed on deal with that we'd get the same.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: I apologize if there was a miscommunication. I just I'm not made of money, and you know, this is Noah Special day. Now that I'm finding out he doesn't really know who Zach is, it's a little bit harder for me, but I still can pay him five. It's a lot of money and it only should only take about two hours.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, I mean I would have to just let Trav do it. If it's totally five. That's no disrespect you guys.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna break it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna break his heart over Noah, Zach is saying he's out, he's Zach.
Speaker 2: I don't even know who that is. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 12: That's good, terrible?
Speaker 2: Would you do it for twelve five?
Speaker 11: I'm gonna talk to Travis about get back to you.
Speaker 2: There's one more thing. I need Travis to tell you.
Speaker 8: The thing.
Speaker 3: What's that? Everybody loves their pranks, Sam, I'm so sorry you're talking to Ben Cohen, Ben Rogers.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, are you I'm here? There's no.
Speaker 3: Makes fun.
Speaker 2: Remember his notes, Zach was meticulous.
Speaker 8: Notes.
Speaker 2: He had Grandma Rose and Gatorade.
Speaker 1: There's a whole thing where they're asked to hide out in a cake and then pop out.
Speaker 5: In their uniforms. I need you to find that picture of all those notes. No, you haven't from ten years ago, but.
Speaker 1: You have the whole bit too. Yeah, all right, we maybe need to post that. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, congratulations on a brilliant career to Zach Martin.
Speaker 2: What a great dude.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, the only segment of the day that won't be podcasted. You must listen live and then you won't believe what they're to change the name of all that's coming your way on the benin Skin Show. But this segment is rout to you by Hurtado Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue could ever have locations in Mansfield, fort Worth and Arlington. So if you're in the eight one to seven and you've been to Globe Life Field, you are very familiar to locations in Globe Life Field. But now there's a Hurtado in Dallas. It's at the Dallas Farmers Market and it is exquisite. And you know, if you're one of those folks who likes to go down there for all the great people watching or just to experience Dallas Farmer's Market, man make it a point to stop by Hurtado Barbecue. If you see Brandon Hurtado and his wife and his family, tell him Ben and Skin Sinya, this is some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. And now it is available in Dallas at the Farmers Market. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: Good listeners, here comes kt fun Tweets. We're around.
Speaker 12: Now let's go around the sports KT. We has all the sports.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a retirement press conference today for Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Former guy was off.
Speaker 5: It's on mean Zach Martin, and we did have hot Mike Stephen as well. So there's a couple of clips. Zach Martin sitting in the middle, Jerry flanked to his left, Stephen too his right. Here's our first clip of three Jarry Jones and the Jones family.
Speaker 13: Even though it took a little bit of convincing back in twenty fourteen, thank you, Thank you for believing in me and giving me an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Really to live out that dream.
Speaker 5: I've decided that Steven is what every new comedian needs in their crowd. This is someone to be laughing at your joke. Yeah, it's pretty good, Zach. Have a little funny right here.
Speaker 13: In twenty sixteen, I made the greatest decision in my life. I married one of my best friend's sisters. I love his stand up routine. I hear that again. Yeah, in twenty sixteen, I made the greatest decision in my life. I married one of my best friend's sisters. Steven's laugh track is incredible. It's the best dude.
Speaker 5: Now Jerry, you know, Zach had a prepared statement, got through. He got a little choked up talking about Jason Garrett saying as first coach. But then after Zach reads his ten minute statement, Jerry takes the mic, Oh, God, and uh, I think this is pretty good.
Speaker 9: The reason you're sitting in the middle, I think is because he wanted to separate me and Steven over here, because I still have nots on my shin from him kicking me under the table when we were sitting there discussing that draft day. I hope it was an example of at the end of the day, I do accept the smarter decision and make it out here. Although I know I've got a lot of questioning that in the room.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good, Jerry admitting he was wrong. You don't see that often.
Speaker 5: Jerry mentioned that he never ever talked with Zach's representation when negotiating contracts. Wait what he and Jerry went and kind of just knocked out the preliminary agreement was one on one meetings of Zach and Jerry.
Speaker 2: Even when he held out, well that's.
Speaker 5: They got into it a little bit and basically Zach said, well, I'm the best offensive lineman in the league, so I need to be paid like that.
Speaker 2: So you know, it was all pretty good. It's good. Forty minutes, took all the questions and all that stuff. I found this from twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: This is like the day after he got drafted, and I wanted to play this because the twenty fourteen NFL draft was very weird. That was a day when we were on the air, a tornado hit the building, oh wow, and broke this shatter of the glass when we were broughtcasts at CBS. I don't know where this is from because I think it's play Dallas Cowboys dot Com. But that's interesting. He was being asked, are you okay playing guard? Because everyone thought he was gonna be a tackle.
Speaker 16: You know, it's been different.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 11: My outlook on it is I've just.
Speaker 10: Been willing to play in a position that the team who drafts me wants me to play. So you know that's my issue coming out to Dallas, as I'm ready to do anything the team needs me to do.
Speaker 5: All right, what a good trooper right there, could have play tackle, could have made more money.
Speaker 1: Well, especially, it's it's fine saying that on your rookie deal, because that's going to be what it is pretty much no matter what.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure later you know his age are like, are we sure we don't want him to be a tackle?
Speaker 5: This is just a seven second thing that I wanted to play at the time because it's you know, failed NFL GM Mike Mayock from back the day.
Speaker 2: But here's what he said after the draft pick went down.
Speaker 14: They went from one of the wild parts of the draft to maybe the safest pick.
Speaker 12: In the draft.
Speaker 2: That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine Johnny Manzel coming here and, by the way, being a studious backup quarterback and he mentioned like being drunk all the time, Yeah, when he was with the Browns when he played, when he was playing, Yes, being drunk, not ever studying the playbook, not ever knowing the plays.
Speaker 1: He would have sat here, you know, well, do you know what would have happened? This, This will get super dark. He would have died here, Yeah, because he was partying in this town, hardcore, out of control and he wasn't even a Dallas Cowboy and he was here all the time all the time.
Speaker 5: That draft is wild because at that point where the Cowboys were, they were stuck in the middle twenty thirteen was another eight and eight Garrett classic.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 2: I remember a couple, just a couple of names, just to jog your memory.
Speaker 5: Famous from the NBC sitcom The Good Place, Blake Bortles, Remember Blake Boris, Yeah, he went three in that draft. Mike Evans went seven in that draft. We interviewed him.
Speaker 2: He had no personality, now Shoe in Hall of Famer.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I thought all that magic at A and M from Johnny was Johnny. A lot of it was just throwing it up to Mike Evans. Yeah, a lot of that running around, and Mike Mike Evans ended up being the DeMar Derosen of football. Like you look at his old time numbers, they're extraordinary, amazing, and he's just been doing it in Tampa and no one's really paying attention.
Speaker 5: Number twelve Odell Beckham, thirteen Aaron Donald to the Rams, that's yeah, and thirteen. Yeah, and then we're about to get Shazier, right, fifteen. The Steelers take Ryan Shazier, the linebacker, and if they did not do that, we would have taken the Cowboys would have taken him. Yeah, And I don't think there's really much of a fight between that, I think they all agreed, like, Okay, we can need the defensive help.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is he injured? Did he have the got bad injury? Yeah, he got paralyzed. Yeah, yeah, he just works for the Steelers.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's able to walk around.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Was it a game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was in the game and he was Yeah, that was tough. And it was like in year three or something like it was early early Yeah. And then there you go, Zach Martin. So what was that sixteen fifteen sixteen? Johnny didn't go till twenty two? Johnny Johnny poople Pants went to the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 2: And wasn't that their second first round pick of the draft? Cleveland? Yeah, because they took a corner at number eight. Yeah, did uh?
Speaker 1: Did do you know if Travis or I'm sorry, Zach mentioned Travis today or Tyron?
Speaker 5: He mentioned Travis and he mentioned everyone though, I mean like names that you would forget, like Jeremy Parnell and Bernardeau and you know offensive lineman from back.
Speaker 15: In the day.
Speaker 2: I used to love hearing Jerry and Steven say Bernadeau.
Speaker 5: He talked about twenty twenty when McCarthy came here, how it was hard to learn to do things a different way, and he was like, well, I don't want to change anything I do. I've mastered the position. And McCarthy like taught him to, you know, open up his mind to new ideas, which is weird because we always criticism McCarthy for being kind of born. Uh, he might have just been saying something nice about Mike. Probably really likes him. Honest, all the players like Mike.
Speaker 2: They and now you know, all the players kind of like Garrett too. I thought, yeah, so all right, I got some audio played a couple weeks ago.
Speaker 5: But you know, we play songs a couple of times. You know, you might hear the same song, you know, every once in a while. We once pranked Zach Martin with the help of our friend Travis Frederick. Oh, Travis had a bit of a man bun going on and in the press conference. Yeah, Travis was there, Yeah, he was there. Yeah, he's had a man he's in town. He just doesn't tell us what he's been man bunning around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's he doing? Man bunning it up. That's the first time I've heard that as a verb, and I like it. Thank you. He's like six years past the man bun thing. Yeah, black guy, what do you mean? This is not really in anymore?
Speaker 7: Is it.
Speaker 2: He's Travis Frederick. He can make it in. He'll just stare at you till it's.
Speaker 6: In, doesn't. Jason Momoa always do a man bun a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's always in.
Speaker 5: He's like, you know, he's different, right, Aquaman's just kind of that's who he is.
Speaker 2: That could be Aquaman if he wanted to.
Speaker 5: Like, when you think of Jason Momoa, you don't think of the man, but you just think of Jason Momoa as Aquaman.
Speaker 1: This guy's deal tearing down Travis. I don't get it first, Michael Young. Now Travis, I will say.
Speaker 6: This is why Travis won't tell us he's in town.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. And I do think Wisconsin Man is not a good superhero.
Speaker 2: Oh Wisconsinman.
Speaker 1: He's here to drink beer until talk about cheese. Do you guys need your snowshoveled? Okay, so this is about three minutes. Do you want to set up the prank?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Benny. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the idea was we developed such a good relationship with Travis Frederick. Well, when Zach Martin came along, he immediately became besties with Travis Frederick, and Travis took him under his wing even though he was also a young player. And so the idea was, can we prank a cowboy? And the only way to really be able to do that was to have another cowboy in on it with us, and they'll often do that to rookies, and so Travis helped us set up Zach Martin, and the idea was, I was going to play a grandpa or a dad or whatever who's throwing a bar mitzvah for his son or grandson, and Skin was going to be the kid who was having the bar mitzvah, and we were going to be asking Travis and Zach to come to the bar mitzvah, and we were going to pay them to do it. But the idea was that the kid didn't know who Zach Martin was and didn't want him. So we were gonna insult Zach Martin the entire time and then lowball him on being there while paying Travis to figure him out. And every time he was about to question whether it was real or not, Travis would get a best supporting actor or not because he would go, yeah, this is fine, this is what we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in. He was great. He was great.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 5: Here it is Ben as mister Cohen Skin playing the role of his son Noah, Travis, and Zach.
Speaker 2: We want you guys to get Grandma Rose.
Speaker 4: You guys take a giant bucket of freezing cold gatorade and you're gonna dump it on unsuspecting Grandma Rose.
Speaker 2: She use a pistol. She'll love it.
Speaker 12: It'll be hilarious.
Speaker 11: Gotcha, we can get grandmar Roads.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I wanted to be ice cold. I wanted to scare her. I want to blow her away. Our expectation is that you guys will arrive at the Omni full pads, helmet, shoulder pads, pants, pant pads, cleat tape, whatever you do. We want it to look authentic and Noah will know if it's not. So we want you to come decked out and it's part of the fee. I need full uniforms.
Speaker 15: We should be able to We'll be in Dallas, so we should be able to make that happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll just talk to Mike. We can talk to the guy.
Speaker 4: Talk to Mike, Frank, I don't care whoever you got to talk to, but just come in uniform. I'm talking from the time you pull up in the valet, we'll usher you into the ballroom babbing baba boom. It's isn't gonna take long if you guys are on your game. Okay, here's a little himself. Hello, Noah, Hold on a second.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is Travis Frederick of the Dallas Cowboys, who you wanted us as well as Zach Martin.
Speaker 4: So so hold on, gentlemen. Uh so that Nancy talked to know, So, we we're dealing. One of the reasons we want you the fees we've agreed to. Travis, your fee is thirty thousand dollars. Zach your fee is five thousand. And that's we're discussed and we're good.
Speaker 8: There are we?
Speaker 4: Okay there, guys, I hear a lot of silence. I'm trying to I got other stuff to do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: What I don't understand was that is there a miscommunication here? If we get Romo, I would be willing to pay him one fifty. Uh, but for a secondary lineman and it's just an offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: I got five.
Speaker 3: I thought they agreed on deal with that, that we'd get the same uh.
Speaker 4: I apologize if there was a miscommunication. I just I'm not made of money, and you know this is no especial day. Now that I'm finding out he doesn't really know who's is. It's a little bit harder for me. But I still can pay him five and it's a lot of money and it only should only take about two hours.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, I mean I would have to just let Trav do it if it's only five. That's no disrespect you guys.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna break it. You're gonna break his heart. Noah, Zach is saying he's out. Zach, I don't even know who that is.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 12: That's good, terrible?
Speaker 2: Would you do it for twelve five?
Speaker 11: I'm gonna talk to Travis about we get back to you.
Speaker 2: There's one more thing I need Travis to tell you. The last thing.
Speaker 3: What's that everybody loves a prank? Sic it am I'm so sorry you're talking to Ben Cohen there, Ben.
Speaker 11: Rogers, Oh my god? Are we are you?
Speaker 3: Are you? There's no hun.
Speaker 1: Remember his notes had Zach was tec meticulous notes. He had Grandma Rose and Gatorade. There's a whole thing where they're asked to hide out in a cake and then pop out in their uniforms.
Speaker 2: I need you to find that picture of all those notes. No, no, you haven't from ten years ago.
Speaker 1: You have the whole bit too. Yeah, all right, we maybe need to post that. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, congratulations on a brilliant career to Zach Martin.
Speaker 2: What a great dude.
Speaker 1: All right, Coming up next, the only segment of the day that won't be podcasted. You must listen live and then you won't believe what they're trying to change the name of all that's coming your way on The Benin Skin Show.