Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Welcome to another episode.
Speaker 2: I'm Ben and I'm Nicole and you're listening to Wicked and.
Speaker 1: Grim, a true crime podcast. Warning. The following podcast material intended for a mature audience listener discretion. Welcome back. Hello, Hello, I've got my coffee and I'm comfy. This time, my back doesn't hurt so much.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that?
Speaker 1: What you have?
Speaker 2: Coffee and not alcohol?
Speaker 1: I know, right?
Speaker 2: Well done?
Speaker 1: Well I thrive on one or the other.
Speaker 2: Well done, Ben, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of myself.
Speaker 2: And I'm drinking water. Look at that.
Speaker 1: Are we adulting today?
Speaker 2: Ye? Good?
Speaker 1: Being really good.
Speaker 2: I don't drink coffee so.
Speaker 1: Which I think you need to because you are way too tired most of the time.
Speaker 2: I feel like, sometimes I really need to drink coffee, but it tastes like shit.
Speaker 1: I've I love the taste of coffee. I just I never really liked it because it always messed with my stomach. I've gotten over that. Though I don't necessarily drink coffee, sometimes I do. I have to drink a lot to make sure I drink it to keep me awake. But I drink coffee because it's like a ritualistic thingification.
Speaker 2: There's my phot I'm turning that off.
Speaker 1: I'll turn that off. But it's it's like a ritualistic thing, like wake up in the morning. It's that like nice, warm hug, feel good thing.
Speaker 2: Well, having just a warm beverage is really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, exactly, it's just my warm beverage of choice is coffee.
Speaker 2: I could have tea because I think like green tea is caffeinated. But honestly, like when I do have caffeine, because I've had some coffee drinks theft, I don't feel like it makes me more awake.
Speaker 1: Well, there's not a lot of caffeine it maybe Okay, you've had energy drinks before. That sure makes you like awaken a lern yeah, but not.
Speaker 2: Even that much anymore. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're getting old. It's hard, hard to get into system.
Speaker 2: I'm just never going to be awake.
Speaker 1: This is just me for the way it's fired for the rest of our lives. Oh that is that is sad.
Speaker 2: We think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're only thirty and we're already bitching. God. Okay, I'm super pumped, me too. Do you know why not necessarily?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: The episode Yeah, okay, before we get into that though.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, tell us my notes.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing paper. Although I've always been old school, I'm writing my notes on paper, and I still do notebooks and stuff. However, today I'm going digital. I discovered, thanks to you, that I had a tablet in my nightstand that I didn't even really know about. So I've got all my notes on a tablet today. So no paper turning, no, nothing like that. I just scroll, am good to go.
Speaker 2: No, that's really fancy, But it's also really weird that I had to tell you that you had a tablet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, well, when was the last time I used this thing?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was lost for the longest period of time because it was in the middle console.
Speaker 1: Of your truck, my center console. It was just like taken by the void. But yeah, I found it. The only time I think I've ever used this was for Netflix when like I'm on the airport. That's the only time of usday because we got it for free signing up.
Speaker 2: Of the contract. Yeah yeah, but you look real fancy.
Speaker 1: Look fancy, I got my my my coffee in one hand, my tablet in the other.
Speaker 2: Look at us.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna be talking a real complicated story. Today, we gave everyone on Instagram who follows us a bit of a heads up.
Speaker 2: A sneaky piece, sneaky peek.
Speaker 1: We took a screencap from the CCTV footage of Elisa Lamb and everyone immediately knew that what this case was.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks to Netflix, I feel well it.
Speaker 1: Netflix has brought another another set of eyes onto this for sure, but a Lisa Lamb. The case of Alisa Lamb has been like notorious online. It's a very well known case prior to Netflix. But the Netflix series Crime Scene the Vanishing of Cecil Hotel, a vanishing at Cecil Hotel, that's made it.
Speaker 2: A little bit more. Honestly, before that, I didn't even know. I had never heard of it. Before that.
Speaker 1: I have heard of the case when we when we turned on the episode and we were like, I recognize the name Cecil Hotel immediately, but I couldn't couldn't place it. And then like two minutes in, I'm like, wait, is this is this a lease a Lamb? And then yeah, boom right away Yeah, I'm like, okay, I know what we're in for because.
Speaker 2: Where was she from? Again? Was she from BC?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's from Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So it's it's she's a Vancouver resident, but the crime or incident took place in the States however.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, yes, yes, Ripley, what do you want? She needs something?
Speaker 1: She needs something, Ripley. You should go lay down, you should go lay down, go down. Okay, she's actually going to be she's going to behave I.
Speaker 2: Like how we were just like this is going to go one way or the other, and it went the right way.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's go right into this. So Lisa Lamb was also known by her Cantonese Cantonese name Oh maybe I'm going to be like you and oh no Lamb ho yee. I believe that's how you pronounced that. She was born April thirtieth, nineteen ninety one. Her immigrant family, they immigrated into Canada, so she was born in Canada.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't realize she was younger than us. Oh yeah, oh man, okay.
Speaker 1: And like her family actually like they lived in Burnaby area, and they opened a restaurant in Burnaby and that restaurant is still actually there. It's called Paul's Restaurant.
Speaker 2: Okay restaurant, and everything ran by them.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wish it go.
Speaker 1: That would be cool, But I imagine that family has had a lot of people use it as like an attraction thing because of this case.
Speaker 2: My thought to go was only to support them, because like, yeah, like they're still I don't know having a restaurant, like having something like this happened to their family could have made that shut down and be destroyed exactly.
Speaker 1: Like when this did happen, there was like they were like so many people going there, like not bothering them. At the restaurant, they were leaving flowers in the doorstep, but like it was like a memorial on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant, which is super nice. But I just I imagine there's some people treating this almost like a tourist attraction because of this case. So if anyone out there is ever going to go to their restaurant, I'm gonna please ask that you respect them, like go to the restaurant, support the restaurant. But I wouldn't bother them. I'm sure they've dealt with a lot with this cash. Yeah yeah, so yeah, we would like to go one day, but we're just gonna support the restaurant exactly. So anyways, if you haven't watched the Netflix series, you guys got to watch that. But you're gonna listen to us first.
Speaker 2: The deats from US first, exactly. So.
Speaker 1: Lisa was a student at University Hills Secondary School when she was younger, and then eventually she went to University of British Columbia. We all know that university, especially up here in British Columbia. She loved fashion and writing and it all came together in her online blog like this online world that you in. She had a blog bought account called ether Fields where you can find her writing and Tumblr account also known as Novelle Nouveau, which nouvelle means trendy and nouveau means like newly arrived or developed.
Speaker 2: Okay, she had a big online.
Speaker 1: Presence, oh major. Yeah, yeah, well she definitely does now because her accounts are still up.
Speaker 2: Right, which is really cool.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, so, I actually have a couple of quotes that I'm going to go through with this from her account, and I'm going to link her accounts below so you people can go check them out as well. She did prefer Tumblr, though she was more active on there and posted lots of like including memes, clips from movies, quotes, photography, and historical events stuff like that. Okay, she opened up quite a bit on her blog posts, and you can tell that she was like a really good writer. She loved reading books, and she definitely developed herself and her writing skills.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that's something I wish I had.
Speaker 1: Same. I'm a horrible writer.
Speaker 2: I yeah, both of us, Like, I don't know, I just struggle with I can write, but then it takes me a long time to actually make something sound good. But I overthink it and then I'm like, am I using the punctuation and stuff? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's my downfall grammar one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there was deep posts on her blogs and she she would go along like quotes that really like posed insightful questions or thoughts to her readers, things like that. So she was quite quite insightful on these And I'm going to go into a bit of her posts here, but before we do go into her posts, I want to kind of write a little bit of a note here. I wasn't sure where I should say this in the story. I think here is the best part. Before we actually read what she had to say, we should understand a little bit of her first. Okay, she was actually diagnosed with bipolar disorder and depression. She had been prescribed for medications to treat her disorders, and according to her family, who supposedly kept her history of mental illness a secret, she had no history of suicidal thoughts or attempts.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to know.
Speaker 1: So, highlighting on both of her blogs that she had ether Fields and Nouvelle Nuvaux on tumble blog spot, the quote up top says, You're always haunted by the ideas you're wasting your life. So that's quite prominent. Say that again, you're always haunted by the idea you're wasting your life.
Speaker 2: That's strong.
Speaker 1: It is very strong. Yeah, Like I said, a lot of this insightful stuff as you'll find. But that's a quote that she chose from an author. These words. I'm going to read this here. This is directly her writing, okay, and I'm going to try not to mess us up. This is quoting Elisa on one of her blogs. I feel I'm wasting my time compared to my fellow peers. I had a relapse at the start of the term and had to drop two of three courses I was taking. Now I am down one course and I have missed three weeks of classes since I'm sleeping. Since my sleeping pattern is completely reversed, I'm a bit defeated, for I have far too much free time and no one to spend time with. I'm checking emails, blog Lovin, Facebook, Tumbler all the time, and even jumped into the Twitter foray. I have a short detention span, and I'm avoiding writing the three papers I owe this course. It's two terms. I can text friends who are busy with either school or work, but I have neither of these things going for me. I've started a photoshop course, but it's only five classes, so perhaps I'm learning some sort of useful skill. Other than that, I have very little going on in my life, which is disappointing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that sounds really sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the post goes on a little bit more about her personal struggles. Yeah, but it ends with this, with her saying this, as much as I do like spending time to myself when we are alone for so many days, it's not healthy. I know I must start exercising, but excuses it is a weariness that keeps me at a standstill.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's actually just shows how strong though that she is for putting that something out there like that is. Yes, I think that's amazing when people are able to express how they're feeling and instead of just bottling it up one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And like her blogs were her her safe spot, so she was able to express these sort of things, and like she clearly felt like she was wasting her life not doing anything worth her time compared to her peers. And this could be why that she chose to travel and take a trip down to the West Coast in California.
Speaker 2: To do something grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so Alisa found herself traveling first to San Diego, and I found this post where she was actually in San Diego. So this is where when she was there. Okay, today I slept, took a long hot shower, stuffed myself silly with a three dollars dinner. It had been most productive and enjoyable. I seriously have done nothing in San Diego that is out of the normal routine. At home, I do what I want, after all, I like my home comforts, and even now and then I do something entirely impulsive and reckless. Like tell a guy I just met that I like him. I do like people watching at the hostel. Now that I'm rested and well, sorry, sorry, Now that I'm rested and well, starting tomorrow, I should venture outside more. Number one, see world number two, the zoo, number three museum because it's free. Number four whale watching at Corando Point, Limona, Limoa. I think I don't know how you say those, but yeah, whale watching at this place. So she certainly hadn't itinerary for herself. And she's trying to go out and do things and explore, but.
Speaker 2: Still being kind to herself and letting herself be which is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's trying to stay true to herself, be comfortable, but she's trying to.
Speaker 2: Get out there, get out there.
Speaker 1: And be adventurous and find happiness. Right. Yeah, So after San Diego, she later arrived in La on January twenty six. Now I couldn't find what happened in these two days. Specifically, she arrived from the twenty six, was there for two days, and then she checked in on January twenty eighth in a hotel near Downtown's skid Row. Okay, now skid Row just so everyone's aware. It was established by city officials in nineteen seventy six as an unofficial quote unquote containment zone where shelters and services for home homeless people would be tolerated. Tolerated. That's a kind of a brutal word.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, I feel like there could have been a different word to describe that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's a neighborhood in LA also known as Central City East. It contains one of the largest stable populations about forty two hundred to eight thousand homeless people in the United States and has been known for its condensed homeless population since the nineteen thirties and covers fifty city blocks. So that's what skid Row is, and that's she's staying like right adjacent to this area.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, having a hotel that close to that isn't great, I feel like, but yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure, And I think the hotel kind of suffered from that because it also started up like kind of in the in the nineteen thirties as well, so right around the same time. And it's there's nothing against like the hotel, Like the hotel has tried to succeed throughout the decades and everything. We're going to get into the hotel here a little bit, right, So the hotel that she checked into is called the Cecil Hotel, the same hotel go over in the documentary by Netflix.
Speaker 2: Hotel.
Speaker 1: It's like, everyone knows this name, if you are into true crime, if you're on the Internet searching stuff like that. Web sluths all know this name. So it was built in nineteen twenty four as a destination for business travelers and tourists. Through the decades, however, the hotel began to decline as skid Row became increasingly populated with homeless and became a source for low income housing. Right, So the hotel like eventually became that people who couldn't have places that they could rent or purchase were actually renting rooms at the Cecil Hotel. So there was low income housing becoming more and more prominent within the.
Speaker 2: Hotel, which is probably a way that they never thought they would go exactly. It just, yeah, seemed like it just happened.
Speaker 1: It just started kind of happening. They never really meant for it or intended. It's just it was an income for the hotel, so.
Speaker 2: They well, they needed to succeed rather than just fail.
Speaker 1: Hotel has a dark history of murders, death and violence. Because of all this, There was even I didn't make note of who it was because that could be a whole other episode, But there was a notorious murderer who would go out murder people and then come back covered in blood and go to his room in the Cecil Hotel. That was just accepted, right, people like, that's the atmosphere here. You have a murderer who's comfortable going home in the Cecil Hotel, and people in the Cecil Hotel seeing this and just knowing that that's just normal. Yeah, that's just the way of life there, right, That's that's the atmosphere. It's dark.
Speaker 2: That is a hotel that I just think I'm probably never going to stay at.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So eventually, like throughout the decades, this is building up and building up, right, So eventually it forced the hotel owners to try and split the hotel into two portions because it couldn't really do anything else about this low income housing. So in twenty eleven, the hotel was separated into two portions. One side was for that low income housing. I mean, like I said, restrictions forced them to keep that. I'm assuming it's government restrictions. I couldn't find much on that.
Speaker 2: Oh like restrictions they had to keep the low income house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh like they couldn't. They couldn't just revamp the hotel and kick all these people.
Speaker 2: It was probably needed, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So the government's like, no, you got to keep it, okay. So, like I said, I can't find the facts on what made them keep it or anything, but it seems like it was some sort of restriction along those lines that said no, it has to stay in places as is. So the low income housing on one side, and then it was rebranded on the other side as the Stay on Main with a separate reception area and everything. The only thing is they did share the elevators, so you would get crossover, a little bit of flow in traffic, but which.
Speaker 2: Is really just interesting. It is concept, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine just like, oh, I'm going to this nice hotel and then you're in the elevator with someone. I mean, it's not the case in twenty eleven, but maybe in the nineteen forties it was because that murderer was there cousins.
Speaker 2: In blood, covered in blood going up to your suite. I actually think I'd be like, okay, I'm out, yeah, piece out, no thanks, check you later.
Speaker 1: So when Alisa checked in, she was initially signed a hostile style room in the Cecil Hotel on the fifth floor. However, her roommates complained of certain odd behaviors and she was eventually moved to her room of her own after two days. I searched and searched, and I couldn't find anywhere of these roommates being interviewed or giving any sort of like words or anything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because they weren't in that the documentary either.
Speaker 1: They weren't, so I can't find any confirmation on what odd behavior was. There's some speculation and I know they I think they went over one or two in the documentary, but I didn't want to cover it because I couldn't find.
Speaker 2: Facts on them well, and they must have not wanted to be part of it then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, potentially, So whatever odd behavior it was, she's now in her own room after these two days. So on January thirty, first, Elisa did not contact her parents as she was supposed to. That was one of the stipulations of her traveling down to the States. In California, she has to call her parents every day. Oh I love that, right, good parents.
Speaker 2: Good parish. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: So she didn't contact them, and eventually they reached out to the Los Angeles Police Department and reported her missing, and she was officially reported missing on February first. Okay, the police searched the hotel but could not find her. Her possessions were still in the possession or her personal possessions were still at the hotel, but there was no sign of Elisa anywhere until the police checked the secured the security cameras.
Speaker 2: That's where it gets wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the only place she can be found is in the camera on an elevator. And on February fifteenth, after two weeks no sign of Lisa, no sign of Alisa, the LPD released the footage to the public.
Speaker 2: That seems like such a long span of time.
Speaker 1: Well, I think what it is is like they can't find her, and I'm sure it would have taken a few days for them to track down the specific footage and everything.
Speaker 2: Right, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there's there's no telling when they receive the footage or anything, but when they released it to the public, it's it's probably like, Okay, we're looking for this girl. Here's where she was last seen, here's her behavior, everything which she was wearing.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know, I just sick. That's like too long of a span, Like time's precious when someone's missing back.
Speaker 1: That's true. So if you haven't seen the footage, I'm gonna link it in the description here as well. It is super eerie, super eerie. The footage of Elisa has become incredibly famous. It's all over the internet. Like I said, it's it's so eerie to watch that being said, like I said, the links there, go watch it. I recommend it.
Speaker 2: It's it's a good it's interesting. Interesting, you visualize the story and its stuff easier.
Speaker 1: So if you want to go watch it now, go for it. If not, wait till the end. If you go watch it now, please come back. So the footage is forming a long and it shows Alisa enter the elevator alone. She bends down, presses a series of buttons, and stands back at the elevator. Kind of normal, weird, she pressed on my buttons. But it's normal so far until she begins to sneak forward and quickly pokes her head out and looks both ways down the hallway as fast as she can and then sneaks back into the elevator, back pressed up against the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, and then.
Speaker 1: Back to shifts over back into the front corner by the buttons and kind of like hides in the corner of the elevator as if she's trying to hide from someone. Yeah, so super odd behavior. All the while. I want to make note that the elevator door isn't closing, it's staying open this whole time. But this has been there's people like saying that, well, that could be someone outside holding the button open. But in the documentary they even go over this. It has been debunked that she actually was pressing the doorhold button. So and that doorhole button holds the door open for two minutes, right, So the door is open because she's pressing that button, just so people are aware. So after a moment when she's kind of hiding in that corner, she begins to make her way towards the opening of the elevator again, and she makes her way into the hallway where her behavior gets even weirder. She goes at a camera view for a moment, and she seems to be calm but kind of in distress at the same time, like she's confused. She goes back into the elevator, presses a bunch of buttons again, then again exits the elevator. It almost looks like she's talking to someone. She's definitely saying like she's speaking. It looks like she's speaking to someone.
Speaker 2: And she was gesturing with her hands.
Speaker 1: Yes, she was beginning to do those really weird gestures with her hands, like her fingers like spread really far apart, and she's doing like circular weird motions, really odd stuff. And then after the gesture, she begins to like also like bend her fingers back really far in her hands back really far.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Like it does like it doesn't look like she's breaking her her fingers are putting yourself in pain, but it does look really.
Speaker 2: Awkward and really movement that you wouldn't normally make.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like like her fingers are like probably almost touching her wrists sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Like oh jeez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's super weird. So, like I said, not harmful, but super weird. And she exits a camera view down the hallway to the left on the fourteenth floor and is never seen again.
Speaker 2: So she yeah, because she didn't go up even go up or anything at that moment, right like any she didn't go up any floors or anything.
Speaker 1: You can't see any floors. All you can see is the hallway outside the elevator. So she went out the elevator and turned left.
Speaker 2: And never and she's gone. Did they not have cameras going down the hall and stuff?
Speaker 1: No, some of the cameras were restricted. There was not cameras in every area. Again, they cover that in the documentary that their coverage of the cameras in the hotel weren't the greatest.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But even though that she's gone. One thing that I want to point out is that the video continues for another minute and a half.
Speaker 2: With the door being opened. Still right door.
Speaker 1: The door's open, but the door closes again two more sorry, the door closes and it closes again two more times before the footage ends. So it closes, then opens and closes, then opens then.
Speaker 2: Closes, right, which is weird, really weird, really weird.
Speaker 1: Even more strange about this footage, it has been edited. So the first thing that you're going to see when watching this footage, as far as edited happened editing happening the time stamp at the bottom where the time's scrolling by and showing like date stamp, seconds and everything, it's blurred. It's completely unreadable. The second thing is there is an obvious cut in the footage where the door is closing for the first time. All of a sudden, the door just jumps and it's already halfway closed, and then smooth's continue to close. There's an obvious cut down. Okay, yeah, which is really odd.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: So back to the time stamp. Though, even though the time stamp is blurred, numbers are patterns one, two, three, four, five, six, seventy nine ten, yeah, and then it's two and then so like twenty twenty one two, three, four, five, six, seventy eight nine thirty, which is three one to three. It's a pattern. So even though it's blurred, patterns have emerged and people have easily been able to decode the time stamp.
Speaker 2: Okay, why why would they.
Speaker 1: Even blur the Well, that's one question. Why did they blur that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And why has it been edited to be blurred and that cut?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems very unnecessary.
Speaker 1: But the time stamp gets weirder. You might ask Okay, why has it been blurred? But okay, go, I gotta find this exactly here.
Speaker 2: That's not the weird part, apparently.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not. It's it gets weirder. So people have been able to decode the time stamp and they figured out that the footage has been slowed down thirty three to thirty five percent, and fifty three seconds are missing in the last one third of the video.
Speaker 2: What that's a long time.
Speaker 1: That's a long time.
Speaker 2: That's a long time.
Speaker 1: So there's major speculation on why and who did it.
Speaker 2: What was going on in that fifty three.
Speaker 1: Second could have showed someone that she could have been potentially talking to, been responsible for what's about to occur.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's it's iffy. So during the weeks while they searched for Elsa I guess at the hotel began to complain about low water pressure and even some claims of discolored water and a weird taste.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Okay, this is just the part that I hate so much.
Speaker 1: Even people who don't know this case, I'm pretty sure you can already see where this is.
Speaker 2: I just hate it.
Speaker 1: So this was an obvious issue and the hotel sent their maintenance worker, Santiago Lopez, to investigate and repair the problem on the morning of February nineteenth. So remember she was officially missing on February first, So on the morning of February nineteenth, Santiago found Elisa's greenish bloated body floating base up in a thousand gallon water tank located on the hotel's roof.
Speaker 2: With guests have using that water.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Unfortunately, this tank and three others, so it's four in total, supplied water to guest rooms, a kitchen, oh, even a coffee shop.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that would probably make your latte taste real good, holy.
Speaker 1: Mold as I'm drinking a coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that actually just makes my stomach turn like real bad. I feel like you could sue them for that.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was a lawsuit that was put up against the hotel by Alisa's parents. I didn't put this in my research or anything, and it was a lawsuit against like negligence of safety or something along those lines. Oh okay, because how does she get in that hatch? The hatch was unlocked, right, Yeah, so the suit actually didn't go through. I think it was in twenty fifteen it fell through or something, but it was an unsuccessful lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Oh dang. But I also feel like it's almost surprising people weren't getting sick from that, right, I don't know, maybe that boosts your moon system, who knows, But like that's nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally gross. So if you ever have a dirty water at a hotel again, maybe think of think of this.
Speaker 2: Case now that we've successfully ruined everyone's appetite for the rest of.
Speaker 1: The day, right, Okay, So on February twenty first, Oh, sorry, the tank had been cut open and her body was removed because they couldn't access her from the top of the tank. Okay, So on February twenty fourth, first, the Los Angeles Corner Office issued a finding of accidental drowning with a bipolar disorder as a significant factor. So there was no evidence of physical trauma. While she was found in the water nude with her clothes at the bottom of the tank, there was no sign of sexual assault, and there was also no sign of suicide. The toxology report, it goes quite in depth on some of the stuff found in her system. A lot of it's kind of meaningless. So I did cut some out like there was like her blood level, blood alcohol level was like point zero two, minimal stuff like that. That's like, it's in there, but it's not necessary to talk about. So there's some stuff a cutout, but the important stuff that we do need to talk about. So the test showed that she was taking her purpose. She was taking her prescription medication. There we go, she was taking it. But no recreational drugs were found, which some people say, maybe she got some drugs, you know, like right by skid Row where there's a bunch of shady figures.
Speaker 2: And stuff, which could explain some of her like behavior in the elevator. Yeah, if she was high or something.
Speaker 1: Now, However, even though she was taking her prescription drugs, the concentration of those drugs in her system indicated that she had stopped taking some of her medications recently or had been inconsistent.
Speaker 2: With them, Okay, which I guess could affect an illness like that quite heavily.
Speaker 1: It could. So that is the case of Alisa Lamb. A lot of people are not happy to say that, you know, it was an accidental DRIs out, that someone could have been involved in this, someone knows something. Why has the footage been edited in the elevator. For example, the door access to the roof was locked, so a hotel worker is the only one who could have led her to the roof. However, in the investigation trying to find her when she was missing, there was police dogs in the scene. They didn't find her on the roof. Police dogs never found her on the roof, So just saying that, but the did catch her scent up to a window where she could have used the fire escape, which was accessible to the public, which easily accesses to the roof.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's one of the theories and how she got up there, right, Yeah, And honestly, I just I was just going to say, it doesn't feel like this is very That outcome doesn't give a lot of closure to the family, So I do there's still things kind of up in the air.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's so many things up in the air. Yeah, but I do have the theories written down here. Okay, some of these theories are a little wild, some of them might be a little more on point. You decide what you think. The official report, however, that she had drowned accidentally.
Speaker 2: Was an accidental drowning.
Speaker 1: Drowning, so it was like her unfortunate death was labeled as such, but there are still some theories that surround little details that suggest otherwise. I'm like why, Like I said, why was the footage edited?
Speaker 2: That's a big one.
Speaker 1: The hatch on the water tank is a big thing. The police report. I tried to look it up. I couldn't find it, but the police report says according to the documentary and many other sources talking about it online, apparently the police report says the hatch was closed on the top of the water tank. And people say, Alisa, if she jumped in on her own, will wouldn't have been able to close that hatch.
Speaker 2: There's no way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: However, the worker who found her, the maintenance worker, Santia Lopez, says it was open. So why did their police report say.
Speaker 2: Otherwise unless he like closed it after I imagine seeing that like, oh my gosh, and that closes it or something.
Speaker 1: Maybe, or I don't know, it's so hard to say. In the documentary, they brush it off as just an error, right, someone just made a mistake.
Speaker 2: But those hatches should be locked.
Speaker 1: They should be which again, like that's why that lawsuit started.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that is a safety issue for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they're locked now on that building and many others around.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because this, honestly, this isn't the first crime that I've ever heard where there's someone dies in a water tank or gets like stored or gets murdered and then stored in a water tank. Yeah, so this is the thing.
Speaker 1: We're going to touch on that a little bit here, am I jumping ahead? Almost almost kind of maybe a little bit in a parallel way. But this whole like hatch issue opens up the world of theories for a cover up by either someone at the hotel, some one in the police, or even possibly government.
Speaker 2: Okay, that the hotel covering something up. That is an interesting.
Speaker 1: One, especially when it comes down to the footage. The hotel claims they never edited it, edited it, they never edited to it, and the police say that they never did either. They released it just as the hotel gave it to them. So there's no one out there admitting to doing any sort of editing to the footage.
Speaker 2: Huh Okay, because yeah, I just have I just feel like this hotel is a bit sketch. Yeah, so something I wonder something, Yeah, that is a theory that I think I could fall behind. So that is the.
Speaker 1: Most logical theory. There's three more theories I have here that are a little bit out there. There's one theory I'm not going to touch on because it has been completely debunked. They touch on it in the Netflix series, so you can go watch that and take a look yourself. It's about the metal heavy metal rock dude.
Speaker 2: But anyways, oh yeah, yeah that one now.
Speaker 1: So one of the theories is the quote unquote dark water theory. There's a two thousand and five horror film called dark Water and it's a remake of a two thousand and two Japanese film with the same name.
Speaker 2: Are what is that called some pump? Some pump is going.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys can hear that or not, but it's a loud, humming door is opened. Yeah, pretty much. Okay, So yeah, it's a remake of this two thousand and two Japanese film with the same name, and the movie features a little girl who moves to a dilapidated building with her mother and then dies after falling inside a water tank on the building's roof. Very similar premises here. Yeah, So one of the theories is that someone may have been using a Lisa to recreate this plot.
Speaker 2: Like a person like murdering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so some sort of like copycat murder.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fun.
Speaker 1: Geez fun, that's the word I wouldn't use.
Speaker 2: Wow, geez. I don't like that one.
Speaker 1: So that is a theory.
Speaker 2: I don't like that theory.
Speaker 1: Another theory is a tuberculosis cover up. This is one of the most elaborate theories to emerge, the tuberculosis theory.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is this again?
Speaker 1: This one it's it's kind of there's some crazy coincidences in this one, but it's it's again, it's a little out there, even though these coincidences are like on point. So it suggests that Alisa was actually a test subject for some kind of tuberculosis medication. To get this. There's an outbreak of tuberculosis in skid Row in LA at the time that Alisa was there, just days after her body was found. Okay, So I'm gonna try and say this drug properly. Iso nisid I. So nisid I think is how you say it. It's the most common anti antibiotic prescribed to those who suffer from tuberculosis. One of the main side effects of this drug is confusion and abnormal behavior. Wow, very sane behavior. Elsa was exhibiting on the CCTV footage in the elevator.
Speaker 2: That's a side effect and a half right.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a strange coincidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well here's another one. A tool that is being used to test patients for tuberculosis is called LAMB dash Elisa.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Alisa's name is Alisa lamb.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: It's spelt exactly the same.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I feel like that is actually a little bit like there's a lot of connection weirdness going on there.
Speaker 1: So that LAMB Alisa test apparently stands for enzyme linked immunosorbent essay asay as s A y essay A.
Speaker 2: S s A y. Yeah, you're asking me asay assay. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm just like being having a blonde moment, but I can't read that word anyways.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with being blonde, then.
Speaker 1: Hypothetical blonde moment. Okay, I'm sorry, did you just assume my hair color? Okay? So theories also address a potential explanation on the like the Netflix documentary arguing that A. Lisa could have been a subject to knowing too much and was fatally silenced. The University of British Columbia, where we know she went to school, has a renowned tuberculosis research center, like one of the top of the world.
Speaker 2: See, I just okay, I don't I don't think this is a legit theory. But there is a lot.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on here. There's a lot of like really one target coincidences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's very it's very alarming. But I just I can't get behind that theory. But yeah, yeah, it does need to be noted. There's too much.
Speaker 1: There's so much in line that it's like it just I don't know how to put it into words. How much of a like how can you get this many incident? I think there was another one involving like longitude, latitude, some other number stuff that was really weird. But that one was a little bit out there for me. I just kind of left that one be. But there's it lines up way too well.
Speaker 2: But that also maybe the more you dig, maybe you could always just find something a connection between weird things. That's the more you dig, you know that's true.
Speaker 1: You're looking for an answer, You'll find it eventually. Exactly so that that is a theory. It's the most well established one, I guess because of all those coincidences. The final theory is the strangest and most unlikely theory. But it's my favorite because it's way out there and I like to entertain these kind of ideas and this kind of shit. Okay, it's called the elevator game. Okay, okay, the elevator Game, also known as a Korean elevator game, and Elevator to Another World, Elevator to Hell. It's got a bunch of different names. The game involves entering an elevator along entering an elevator alone have a building of at least ten stories high. The player has to follow a very specific set of rules, pressing different buttons to go to different floors, and if you press these sequence of buttons correctly, you proceed to a whole different dimension indoor world.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then so.
Speaker 2: Some people try this.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of tempted to.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just like, let's do that when you're on your own, not when I'm with you.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna leave me so I can go, Wow, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, that's just creepy. That's creepy.
Speaker 1: It's definitely creepy, and they say it's best done at night because you know, you can't be interrupted, is why you can't be interrupted, and if you interrupt, if you're interrupted, you have to start over. So at night there's less people around, less people.
Speaker 2: But also just like I don't know, I feel like at night you're more freaked out.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that theory suggest that maybe Lisa, Elisa sorry, was playing this game and she summoned some sort of something or someone interesting. Yeah, so officially her death was declared as drowning with contributing factor of bipolar disorder, but we have these other theories out there and a lot of people are not quite at rest and whether it is a murder, whether it's a tuberculosis cover up, whether it's an elevator to hell. All we do know is that Alisa had a very tragic passion here.
Speaker 2: She was just out trying to make her life a bit more exciting, and this shit happens like that's brutal.
Speaker 1: Exactly, And I'm going to scroll back here on my tablet.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, how's that been going good?
Speaker 1: Actually, I think I might need to use a bit of a bigger font.
Speaker 2: You or just get the glasses, like you need Shut up. I'm not that old yet you need glasses.
Speaker 1: I want to end this podcast on a little bit of a note here. This note was what she has at the top of her blogs. I already read it. I'm gonna read it again. Okay, you're always haunted by the idea you're wasting your life. It's almost like like she wrote her own obituary, no kidding, or.
Speaker 2: Like what should be on her gravestone. Really, it just kind of gives you a little bit of shivers, it does. It's sad.
Speaker 1: So that is the story of Alisa Lamb. Go check out the next Netflix series. There's four episodes on it. There is a deep, deep hole you can go into on the internet.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and go check out that cc TV footage link below, and her blogs are down below. Give her a read. We'll give her some support. Even though she's gone, you can still read what she wrote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can still support her, for sure. It's it's very sad. It's so sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh man, So I do have a little bit of good news at the end of this episode, though.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are.
Speaker 1: Going to start a little mini series for everyone out there, have an episode coming out every Tuesday. Everyone knows that, but randomly once in a while to give you guys a little boost of serotonin. We're coming out with a mini episode called Legend. Has it cover urban legends, ghost stories, that sort of stuff, And we're gonna be coming out with a little episode this week for you guys. I'm not gonna tell you what day it is. We're just gonna drop it out on little Bonus. Yeah, drop it out on Instagram, say here it is, and we're gonna drop it out there on our Spotify, Apple podcast the Whole World, so you can go find and listen to us. So if you're listening on Tuesday, you got maybe a day two, three maybe and it'll be out. If you're listening later in the week, could already be out. But I'm gonna be going over the whole elevator game. So let's talk about that in depth.
Speaker 2: And it's just a little bonus. It's a little bit shorter than the normal podcast, exactly right.
Speaker 1: It's not just a little fun throw it in there once in a while, like I said, for that boost to serotonin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: So until that episode comes out and until next Tuesday. What do we say it again, Nicole?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I need to say one more thing here. Well well done. That was really well done. I enjoyed that thoroughly. And I want people We're going to do a post on Tuesday. I want to hear what people think, like what was their theory, what do they think happened? I want to know, so like, go comment on the post and tell us because I love actually hearing what other people think of, like their theories and stuff.
Speaker 1: And we've already been contacted by one of our listeners, Nirvana. Oh yeah, she's actually stayed at the Cecil Hotel, not too long for the whole Alisa Lamb incident. And she sent us some photos from her stay there, so we'll be posting that on her Instagram.
Speaker 2: That's super cool. Yeah, and yeah, there's probably other people out there that have stayed there.
Speaker 1: I hear these stories. I want to hear, so we'll hear those stories. We'll drop our story the Elevator game, and we'll keep posting some wicked stuff.
Speaker 2: There you go, Okay, finish it off, Ben, all
Speaker 1: Right, stay wicked guys, see you later,