Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond.
Speaker 2: With Cliff and Bobo. These guys a favorites, so like say subscribe and rade it.
Speaker 1: Five star and me Greatest Gone Yesterday and listening watching limb always keep it Squatchy. And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bobo Fay.
Speaker 2: Hello, Squatch, geteers out there and Bigfoot and Beyond land. This is Cliff from Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and oftentimes Bobo. Bobo is not going to be here today. He was almost here. In fact, we're starting almost an hour late because he was almost here for almost an hour. But uh, technological problems haunt Bobo. So anyway, I'm excited about this guest because Bobo told me about this guy this past week, says, Dude, we got to have this guy on. Dude, He's blah blah blah, Boba blah blah blah blah. And I'm thinking, oh, well, Bobo's blah blawing at me. It must be amazing, right, So Bobo lined them up. But I love this because see, Bobo's already spent like an hour on the phone with peers. Peeris is this guy's name? I've never met the guy we started talking an hour ago on the phone here when we're trying to get Bobo to get his technological act together. And so I have never heard this story, so I am hearing it for the first time, just like you our listeners are hearing this story for the first time. So with that in mind, pieris how you doing, man?
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm good. I mean you you give me way too much accreditation.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know your witness and witnesses are are are to be listened to. And Bobo's said some great things about your encounter. And just so you know, I'm a pretty friendly guy and or nothing to be worried about. I know sasquatches are real. I'm not here to make fun of anybody. I'm just here to listen to what you have to say and get some perspective from what you've learned from this whole event. But let's let's learn a bit a little bit about who you are first. Can you tell us maybe what you do for a living, or where you live, or any of that sort of stuff to give us a background on who you are.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm in Tennessee. I've lived all over the world. I lived in Vietnam, for a year and a half. I was in Tanzania for a year and a half. I went to college in Germany. So I've lived all over the planet.
Speaker 2: Were you in the service or something. That's a lot of that's a lot of countries to cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not not exactly, no, but yeah, it's been a really amazing life. And you know, my one encounter with the sasquatch happened in Colorado. I was in Colorado for seven years and had an event company, and so that's where I had my encounter.
Speaker 2: And when when did this encounter happen?
Speaker 1: It's like ninety nine. I mean, I could be wrong, I could be one one off either way, but ninety nine January is what I think it is.
Speaker 2: What were you doing? Like, because you know, you don't run into sasquatches in Boulder, for example. You don't run into sasquatches in Denver.
Speaker 1: Aspen is really unique in the fact that it's kind of like Vancouver in the fact that is it's almost like an island unto itself. I mean, there's force all around you, there's food for bears and stuff all around you, and they don't hibernate there. I mean, because they're coming into town and they and they go, they run rough shot over your trash cans and stuff.
Speaker 2: And no, I've never been to Aspen. It's one of the places in Coloradi I have yet to visit. So is it pretty deep snow in January during during Aspen?
Speaker 1: It can be, it can be for sure.
Speaker 2: What about this particular winner, I mean it.
Speaker 1: Started snowing when I had my moment, but yeah, I mean it was. It's always snowing a little bit. I mean it snow's like eleven months out of the year there.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, really, I wouldn't like it there very much then, although I heard it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's really pretty. But the whole point was I was going out to this Pine Creek Cookhouse, which is amazing the way, if you ever get a chance to do that, do this at a restaurant or it's a restaurant and it's out in the wilderness and fantastic food and they specialize and really exotic meats and stuff. So you have caribou and.
Speaker 2: Well, let tho's pause on that for a minute, like, because I'm always interested in that kind of stuff. So they have cariboos? Do they have do they have elk?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: What about moose or something like that.
Speaker 1: Moose, buffalo everything, And that was the place of the sighting and the way you get there in the winter time, you have two choices. You can cross country ski up to it, or you take a sleigh ride on the side. If you're an old, fat guy like me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is a different level of restaurant. This is not what I was expecting at all. That's really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. It's pretty spectacular. And so I was there with some friends and you know, we cross country skied up there. I was in my twenties then, well maybe thirties, but okay, don't tell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, don't worry about it, you know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I mean, so, you know, we hiked up to the spot and had a great dinner, and we were the last ones to leave, and because we're just hanging out having a good time, and it got to the point where there were probably like three people left in the building other than us, and it got to be obvious it was time to leave the premises, and so we were heading downhill, and as luck would have it, I failed to zip up my green north Face jacket that had my keys in it, so my keys fell in the snow and it's snowing, so that's that's there's some good news. So so we get all the way down to the bottom and this is about I think it's like one point one miles I think somewhere in that range. And we get there and we pull up the car. I mean, you take off your skis and you take off your visor that has a headlamp. You know that you know allows you to not take a header off a footfall or something. You know, it's not it's not real bright, neither of mine.
Speaker 3: So so anyway, so we get down the hill and uh I pull up to the car and uh I don't have the keys, and.
Speaker 1: My friends are a little looking at me, and some of them are from out of town. They're from from Virginia, and uh I just said, I got to go get my keys, and and they said, you're never going to find your keys, Like, I mean, it's snowing. We just ran downhill with this thing or or ski downhill. You're never going to find your keys. But these keys are my house keys, my work keys, everything, Like I mean, there's no way I'm going to leave that behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your life is on these key chains. It's like losing your wallet or something.
Speaker 1: It is because I mean, it's easy for them to say, we can catch a taxi and you can go back home, but.
Speaker 4: I can't get into my home without my keys. I can't go into work the next day without them. And I don't have a car to drive without those keys too. So I said, you know what, I'm going to go find my keys. So I actually walked back up, and I was not skiing at this point, I was.
Speaker 5: I walked back up, and I put the head lamp back on my head, and I put one lamp and each of each hands, so I had basically three lamps going on, and I just slowly walked up.
Speaker 1: I mean, and when I say slowly, I mean slowly, and this is a mile plus, you know, but I don't know where it could have fallen out. So I mean, I'm thinking I'm going to kick something up or I'm not going to kick something up, and so I'm being very careful about that. And then I'm focusing my head lamps on the on my feet because that's where I figure I'm going to find the keys. And this fast forward times like thirty minutes because at the top of the hill, I'm about to give up, and I actually saw the fob sticking out of the of the snow because it was there was a tree that had blocked some of the snow, thankfully for me, because the story would be indifferently proly. But anyway, so I picked the keys up and I thought, man, that's that's a moment. That's a moment.
Speaker 2: What a huge breath of release. I relief that must have been. This is insane. Just the stress off your shoulders at that point.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I put them in and zipped up my coat. I tucked it away, and I thought, this is a thank you God moment.
Speaker 2: There's always an opportunity for gratitude, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then I heard this deep breathing off the side. And get your attention, because you are in the wilderness. I mean when you're when you when you go to the Pine Creek cook House, you're in the wilderness. Get me, no wrong, this is the wilderness. So I'm honestly I'm afraid that it's a mountain lion or a bear or something. I mean a bear, I could deal with mountain line then they can be cagy. So I mean, I was honestly more afraid the fact that it would be a mountain line than anything. And I shined the light on it, the lights plural on it, and this is not a mountain line, and it steps out. It takes a linebacker stance. I'm pretty accurate on on height, you know. I mean people want to say, you know, they're twelve feet tall and stuff like that. It was like seven and a half feet tall, seven to five. So that's what you said.
Speaker 2: It stepped out.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: What was it behind a tree or something.
Speaker 1: Or it was leaning up against the side of the building to try to be invisible.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was leaning against the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Leaning against the restaurant because it was trying to not be seen.
Speaker 2: Oh. I didn't realize we're back at the restaurant. I thought it was like en route to the restaurants.
Speaker 1: I'm doing a poor rendition of the No.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's why I'm here, man, keeping us on track. Yeah, So it was leaning against the restaurant, which is interesting because you got to wonder why was it going to the restaurant. I wonder if there was an outside grease trap or something it was rating on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what David asked me.
Speaker 2: David Ellis when you spoke to him.
Speaker 1: David Ellis, Yeah, he asked me about that, which again my answer would be, I don't know, but there was no tree to hide behind.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's leaning against the restaurant almost kind of like a plain view in a way.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's it's complete darkness, but you know, you know, I'm illuminating that with the with the light, and it was trying to not be seen. As soon as that it recognized that it was on pay per view here, you know, I mean, it stepped out and just said, okay, well you know this is where we are. These these are my words, clearly, and it just took a posture that was basically permitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said a linebacker stance. What do you mean by that?
Speaker 1: Okay, so he or she because I'm not going to say which one it is because I don't know, all right, So it bent his knees, the knees and the hands went out to the side, and and it was basically ready for handling whatever's going to come forward after that. I mean, it was just a ready, ready pose. I mean, I don't I don't know another way to say it.
Speaker 2: Cliff, So like again, I'm not much of a sports guy, but kind of like just like two guys ready to face off, almost like a wrestling sort of thing before they engage, but a little bit more stand up.
Speaker 1: I think that's fair to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, I'm just trying to kind of trying to picture it in my head, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was it was ready to uh handle me, which which would have taken nothing, but okay, would have taken nothing. But I mean once once it was on full display, like it just gave of the ghost and just said, hey, look I'm here. Now what And I was like, I didn't ask for what.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was part of the deal here, right, And I was.
Speaker 1: Just trying to find my keys and go back to my tahoe and go home.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 6: Men value many different things about their appearance. But if you're a guy who really cares about your hair and find out it's slowly going away or worse quickly, you might be feeling discouraged when you look in the mirror. And that's where Hymns comes in. Check out their personalized hair loss solutions and you can start seeing your hair go back in as little as three to six months.
Speaker 2: Hymns provides you with convenient and quality access to a range of hair loss treatments that work all from the comfort of your couch or leisure chair or baby carriage, whatever you're into, I guess.
Speaker 7: Hymns makes treating hair loss simple with doctor trusted options and clinically proven ingredients like fanasta ride and monoxidel that can regrow hair in as little as three to six months.
Speaker 6: This process is simple and one hundred percent online, so there's no uncomfortable doctor visits.
Speaker 2: Answer a few questions and a medical provider will determine if treatment is right for you. If prescribed, your treatment is sent directly to you for.
Speaker 6: Free, No insurance is needed, and one low price cover everything from treatments to ongoing care.
Speaker 2: Hyms has hundreds of thousands of trusted subscribers and they can help you get your confidence back with visibly thicker and fuller and squatchier hair. Nice searcher free online visits today at hymns dot com slash beyond. That's hims dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 6: Hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 7: Results vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and fanasta ride. Prescription products require an online consultation with a healthcare provider who will determine if a prescription is appropriate. Restrictions apply. See website for full details and important safety information.
Speaker 1: It squared off with me, and it's staring at me. And people want to say they have these crazy eyes or something like that. That's not true. I mean, that's not what I saw. I mean they were deep set eyes, but they were intense and it was obvious. It was absolutely a It's a creature. It's not something out of some fairy tale. I mean, this is a real thing and you're looking at it and you have to recognize it and give it some respect and give it some room. You know. It kind of waited me out, and I was waiting it out, and I thought, obviously, your first thought is to run, right, I mean, if you're encountering a lion or something, you're going to run, but that.
Speaker 2: Could trigger Yeah, you may not want to. I just thought maybe that.
Speaker 1: Could trigger some some thing in its mind that I should be pursued. If I do that. So I just sat there and staring at it and staring at me, and this went on for roughly fifteen seconds.
Speaker 2: Fifteen seconds. And how about about how far apart were you at that time?
Speaker 1: Twenty feet twenty five feet?
Speaker 2: Twenty five feet holy smoked, okay, so twenty to twenty five feet. Were there any lights coming off the building or anything, or your headlamps the only thing illumining?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Nothing, okay with cloudy?
Speaker 2: It was cloudy thing because you said it was snowing, so the moon wasn't out either.
Speaker 1: It was snowing. And I looked at the building because honestly, I was trying to find refuge, because I thought, all right, so that might be an option because the other ray is like a mile and a half down the hill or one point one miles anywhere down the hill, and by that time I'm not gonna make it. So yeah, so I I glanced at the building and the lights are all out, all out, and I think the people that work there probably had between the time of us leaving and me getting back to that spot, they had already gone home, and so everything was dark. And you know, I mean again, I mean, if you asked me to guess. Obviously, probably at times people leave food out or something like that, or trash out maybe, but that'd be just a pure guess, uh, because I don't know. It was just there and anyway, So I'm squaring off with this guy or girl and it has this low growl that is absolutely unique to anything I've ever heard. I mean, like when a dog growls at you, it has this kind of consistent like thing us and it might have to catch his breath, but it's going to be the same growl. This did not sound like that it was modulated. That gave me a little pause too, because I thought at some point it's like, I mean, it's got something to say.
Speaker 2: When you say modulated, do you mean like it went up like like up and down in pitch or did it slow and it's rumbles or what do you mean by the word modulated, because it could mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people, and I'm just trying to get as accurate a picture as i can.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the best rendition would would be if you would were to play play David's.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right, Maybe that's good. This is a good time to bring that in because You've already spoken about this to David Ellis, who's a fantastic researcher, a part of the Olympic Project, good friend of ours, been on the show before, super Smart Guy too, you know, super Smart Guy, And he has a recording apparently that matches this really well.
Speaker 1: Identical, except this is deeper. It's deeper, but it's identical other than that, and it goes up and down and it almost mimics voice.
Speaker 2: Through the magic of editing. We'll have Matt prut put that into the episode right now so our listeners can hear it.
Speaker 1: I never had heard that before, because well, I mean, certainly I did in real time, but but I had not heard the episode that you had on. I think it was sixty five, episode sixty five, and I didn't know David. Then I know David, and I think David's a great guy. He's a super super smart guy.
Speaker 8: So to listen to him and gain some wisdom from that, you know that that gave me some insight that I did not previously have.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to give him some big old shout out. But you know, it was staring off at me and growling, and I never felt threatened. I honestly didn't feel threatened, but I thought that it had chosen its ground and just said, basically like this is my this is my assumption, like this is where the line ends. That was my intake. It's like the line ends here. Everything after this is real, you know. I just waited them out.
Speaker 2: And how long did you have to wait before the next move happened? And I'm sure that seemed much longer than it actually was.
Speaker 1: Well again, I mean considering this, all right, so five seconds sound like five minutes. I mean I didn't never stop watch, but I think the whole thing was probably fifteen or twenty seconds.
Speaker 2: Which is an eternity when you're actually there.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, when you're yeah, when you're squaring off with something that can end you. Yes, of course.
Speaker 8: And it took its hands again, I'm gonna say it, because I don't know if it's a male or female.
Speaker 2: It works for us, the word it works for the situation.
Speaker 1: All right, So the sasquatch cupped its hands. I remember this distinctly because there's only a couple of things I'm looking at right now, and what I'm looking at is what's going to physically be a problem, you know, And that's the hands in the mouth. That's the only thing I'm staring at. That's the only thing I'm shining a light on at this point. I mean, people ask me, hey, does it does it have big feet? How do I know? I mean, it's snowing, so I don't know. I mean, and even if I didn't know, I mean, I'm not going to stare his feet. I'm worried about these gigantic hands, and I mean in the face, and it's almost I don't want to say it's a human face because that that that would be wrong. But it's close. It's real close. You know, if someone didn't shave for five weeks or something like that, it'd be real close. And the intensity of the stair I'm never going to forget that. I'm never going to forget that. That was something that will resonate with me forever.
Speaker 8: And then when it put its hands together and it clapped and it did this with this cupped hand thing it did and it sounded like again I don't want to sound like a crazy person, but it sounded like a door getting shut on a seventies car.
Speaker 1: It sounded exactly like that, exactly like that. I mean, I'm fifty three years old. So I remember those times and when you would close the door, it has this deep clunk noise, and that's exactly what it sounded like, and that's when I decided to part ways.
Speaker 2: Well, here's a deal. Anybody who says that they would have done something different wasn't there and has no right to say so, because I don't know if anybody has been big footing for a while, or any any witness like yourself who's a purely accidental witness. Right to be in that situation is entirely different than planning to be in that situation. And you never know what you're gonna do. You never can predict, So how can you do and dig a picture of it? All those questions? Yeah, I can see how someone would ask that, but there's nonsense. Having been in those situations.
Speaker 1: Over and above that, I think someone who that says that they can prepare for that, they're lying too. They're lying to themselves, because you know, once you're there and you're facing the storm, it's different. I mean it's different, you know. I mean, you can say all day long what you're gonna do, Okay, I'm gonna under these circumstances, this is what I'm gonna do. Oh yeah, that's that's great barroom talk. But you know, when you're in the moment, you know when when a lion looks you in the face, then you have it your own come to Jesus moment, so to speak. And that's what I had. And you know it wasn't some paranormal thing it was. It was a feral thing that I was just I was. I was intimidated. I'll tell you right now. I was.
Speaker 2: Anybody would have been. So did it clap once?
Speaker 1: One time? That's all too one clap And that clap was loud. Dude, it was loud. It was really like slamming a door. But I mean, you have to understand, these hands are huge. They're huge, They're huge, they're cartoonish. Again, I'm going to reference David one more time, because David asked me, he said, did it use his mouth to combine that with the with the And the truth is, I don't know. I mean, because the only thing at that point I'm looking at our hands because that's what I think is about to rip me in three pieces.
Speaker 2: Now I've got a question about it, and I know I'm really nitpicking here, but I'm curious if maybe if I ask you, maybe you remember something or maybe you notice what I'm when it clapped, you know, like imagine sitting in a seat watching a presentation, and then afterwards you clap your arm. Your elbows would be bent, probably about ninety degrees or so, and you'd be clapping in Your hands would be six inches or a foot away from chest or your chest? Was that like the position that clapped? Or how did this sing clap? How did the arms move when they came together?
Speaker 1: It was just a lightning strike. I mean it was both hands wide apart coming together.
Speaker 2: Were the arms extended when the hands connected or were they bent? If you remember and I don't know, it is always an acceptable answer.
Speaker 1: I mean to tell you the truth. I'm not sure fair enough, fair enough.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you were a little overwhelmed at the time.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean from my recollection, they came from wide apart and it just it just collapsed his hands into each other. And whether they're bent or not, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, your description kind of reminds me of is like a grandmother trying to scare away a from a picnic. In a way, you know, like these faster, hey you get out of here sort of things. There's something about what you're describing that reminds me of that.
Speaker 1: It's the same effect because I left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's what I wanted to ask you. Because even those Sasquatches are not humans, and it's hard to get inside their head, and they don't speak English or whatever o their language.
Speaker 1: We're still all apes. We're still all apes.
Speaker 2: And they're very effective communicators. What did you feel it was communicating to you by that clap? Or was even for you? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was time to leave the situation. That's that's what I got, you know, it was it was okay for a minute, and it's like, all right, you need to go home. And I was like, you know what, I got no problem with that. I have no problem with that.
Speaker 2: And is that what you did? What happened next?
Speaker 1: I mean, I face planted like three times run downhill because I'm running in snow.
Speaker 2: So you turned and ran at that point, Yes, once.
Speaker 1: You decide that it's time to exit stage right, you know, I mean, you don't do it, you know, in a wonderful way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no grace at that point.
Speaker 1: It's no grace because I mean you you know, and you're thinking. I've had had people ask me, Hey, did you look behind you and see what's coming? It's like, no, no, I did not. I did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might see it, why would you look?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you see it, it's over. I mean the thing could have overturned me in a half second. So I mean, if it's behind me, it's behind me. And I'll never find out. You know, the thing that struck me is not the height, it's the width. Honestly, the width is what probably stood out to me.
Speaker 2: Is it just a shoulder with or with of the whole torso or or.
Speaker 1: With of the shoulder with shoulder with was like four and a half feet wide? And you know, you know, I've shared this story with friends and they're like, hey, you know, four feet wise, it's not the big deal. No, it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal on a seven and a half foot tall one, it is. Yeah, it's a big deal.
Speaker 1: And they're perfectly sculpted, let's put it that way. Yeah, this thing is definitely worked out. I mean I don't want to fight it, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I happen to be sitting at the desk here at the North American Bigfoot Center, and all over this museum here we have tape measures. I'm measuring my shoulders now, and I'm not a big man. I'm five foot eight tall as long as I'm not slouching, and I'm measuring my shoulders right now, and they are basically twenty one inches, and I'm fairly broad shouldered. I get I think for my height, twenty one inches.
Speaker 1: So take the times two point three exactly exactly. Anyone who doesn't understand how big that is doesn't get it. I mean it's absolutely would cut out the sun. That's great.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I've got to congratulate you on your math skills, you know, because twenty two inches times two point three is fifty point six. It's like a you know, four foot Uh.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got a real good friend of mine. He played for the Mavericks. He's uh he's six foot eleven and uh yon mahemi he was. He played for the Mavericks when they won the championship with Dirk Novisky, and so I got a pretty good, you know, reference point of height and stuff. And this was taller, but the width was amazingly different. I mean, there's there's no human that could fill that, no way, you know. And and you know, I've had people ask me like, oh, you think somebody was wearing some suit or something like that. Why in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of nowhere, why would they do that? And that's not possible. And they couldn't even fill it out if they tried. It'd be like making a prank phone call to a to a number that you know won't pick up. Like that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and with Cliff and Bogo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: The only reason, the only reason that I saw this sasquatch was the fact that I dropped my keys in the snow and I went downhill and I came back up real slow and real quiet, and it's snowing and I'm down in so it can't smell me, you can't hear me because I'm basically just shuffling my feet to try to churn up my keys. And uh, and I just stumbled upon it and it was probably like focused on some other stuff, and you know, you know, David David Ellis asked me. He's like, hey, was there a trash can outside? I don't know. I don't know. I mean, you think I'm going to go back and look, No, that's a that's a check sign right there. Man. When it's time to go home. It's time to go home. Oh yeah, that was haven't been back. Actually, you know, I have not been back. And they have great food. It's a great place, you know. I just you know, that was my little moment. And I'm not qualified to be on this show. I'll be the first one to say that.
Speaker 2: Oh I would. I would be the first one to disagree with you. No, I'll due respect. I think you had a fantastic encounter. That's close up and cool, and yeah, you've got an interesting observation because you know, the vast majority of sasquatch sighting reports seemed to be road crossings or I saw it at a distance and it disappeared. That kind of thing where there has very very little information about about the animal. You know, it's a snapshot, and you're trying to write a biography about a person based on a snapshot. But in situations like this, where there's a little bit of a standoff and there's a little bit of an interaction. Maybe almost you've observed the sasquatch doing something unusual that kind of broadens our understanding of their species and the things that's stand out to me. It's so far, and I still have some questions for you, by the way, but the things that stand out to me so far about this is number one, it was leaning against the building when you encountered it's okay, So that tells me the thing goes to this building sometimes for something, most likely food. So maybe it's raiding the trash cans maybe, which is problematic because you can't tell if sasquatches raid the trash cans because they very often put the lids back on. They're not like bears in that sort of way. Maybe there's a grease trap, because that's been well documented in places out of Oklahoma, for example, there's a video of one of these things doing that thing. And also, once it knew, it tried to hide, but once it knew the gig was up, it kind of squared off against you. It looks like or sounds like.
Speaker 1: With that exception, that is exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it was ready to take you on.
Speaker 1: It put me on notice.
Speaker 2: Because you put it on notice somehow exactly. And then of course the clapping thing was infinitely useful because it's been a discussion for a long time. I've been putting this out since at least two thousand and six or two thousand and eight, that sasquatches are doing more than hitting trees with sticks. Man, They're they're clapping or making mouth and pop noises or something, or maybe all of those things and more. And the more visual observations of these kinds of behaviors, the more fuel we have for that fire, the more evidence we have for that hypothesis, which is by the way, supported by the other known apes as well. Gorillas are well known to do the same.
Speaker 1: The clunk noise definitely was hand to hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is really cool because I personally heard car door slamming in the woods and I had no idea why they were that. There couldn't have been cars where I was, So that this is, you know, kind of filling in that puzzle piece for people like me and other people have heard similar things.
Speaker 1: When it did that, my eyes got wide, like it was just to me. It was it was expressing itself, like you need to vacate the premises like, I mean, like it was very clearly just going, you're not okay here, you're not okay here. And uh and so guess what, I don't have to be asked twice. I'm out in that moment. I mean it was, it was real. I don't know, primal, I guess, so to speak. I mean, just the way it did it. I mean you wouldn't you wouldn't normally expect the sound to come out of that. But the way it cupped its hands, I mean, I guess that's the way it does it.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at Google Earth right now and I found Pine Creek Cookhouse. But it doesn't look like it's a mile from the fifteen Highway.
Speaker 1: No, it's definitely one point one miles back then, So I mean, I haven't this is nineteen ninety nine, so.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe maybe if this highway is new or something like that, because it looks like there's a road that.
Speaker 1: Goes up to it at this point, could have changed.
Speaker 2: But uh, where do you at Castle Creek trailhead?
Speaker 1: By any chance that rings a bell? But I don't know exactly. I mean, I mean, this is a long time ago. It's a long time ago.
Speaker 2: It is that this is you know, like literally what thirty one?
Speaker 1: I mean, the whole this entire conversation came about because I asked Matt Preuit, you know, hey, or are there any no one ever talks about sasquatches in Colorado? And uh yeah, I mean I guess, I mean maybe it's not that common, but I saw one, and so I thought, there's got to be. I can't be the only guy who's seen one. It's not possible. There's no way as possible.
Speaker 2: No, no, either. You know, Colorado is big country, man, There's a lot of country, and they're not a ton of people out there in that country. So there's that contributes to there's no lack of reports from Colorado, but there are fewer there than lots of other states where people in humans.
Speaker 1: Which surprises me a lot, because I mean, I mean it's it's teeming with it's squatchy as hell. Oh yeah, I mean you've got the trees, you've got rivers, you've got fish, I mean, deer everywhere. I mean, it's just made for that. Now, what was that?
Speaker 2: What was that run run back to your car? Like, what was going through your head at the time?
Speaker 1: Hall ass? I mean That's pretty much what I was thinking, like, okay.
Speaker 2: We're sasquatches even on your radar before this absolute zero. No, just just I'm sure, sure you've heard a big foot.
Speaker 1: I certainly I know what a bigfoot is.
Speaker 2: You just thought it was all hogwash.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say I was plus or minus on that, but I wasn't concerned with it. When you live in Colorado, I mean, uh, you're your biggest fear is a mountain lion, because they're they're really they're dangerous. You know, blackberries. I've been nosed to those of the black bear, literally knows to those of the black bear, and and they're not they're not a problem. I mean I went out one time. I was in my underwear and it was early in the morning. I'm probably not supposed to say this on the show, but I'm going to say it. So I was just trying to take my trash out and my German shepherd who always comes out with me, just set this one out and he's and I thought, in hindsight, he's like, yeah, something waiting on you. Yeah, you'll get it there. Yeah. So I went to hung a left out of my door, and that's right where my trash can is and then I picked up the lid, and then the bear stood up next to it, on the opposite side of me, and we were probably i don't know, eighteen inches apart or something like that, and the bear hauled ass and I quickly retreated back to my home. Yeah, sure, because I didn't see that coming either. It's just just just a random moment, just a random moment in your life. You know that you.
Speaker 2: Have stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages. Now, I hope you don't mind be saying this, but you were a little concerned about coming on the podcast. You didn't want to be made fun of, because.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be made fun I've told the story to people, and you know, people want to make you sound like you're crazy.
Speaker 2: That's what I wanted to ask you, like, how was the really who did you tell first, and how did they react? And what's been this what's been your experience being a witness ever since?
Speaker 1: It took me years to really tell anyone that was of importance because I just try to digest that, Like, I mean, all right, so remember this, like I've got to get back to this car. I got to get in this car and drive these people home.
Speaker 2: Right, they're all waiting for you down there. I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm driving them back to town and one of one of the girls, her name was Shari, and she says, you find your case. Said yep, that's all I said. It's all I said for like ten minutes straight, like, I just hopped in the car, drove down valley and back to Aspen to drop them off. And you know, one of the girls it was with us, her name was Julie, and uh, anyway, she was there and she's like, anyone want to have a drink? Is like absolutely yes, keep them going, absolutely yes. Does it come with a pair of extra underwear? Yeah, because used both. Yeah. At that point in the answer to your question, you know my story is pretty boring.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. No, Like, I don't know if you're listening to the same story I'm listening to. This is great. Yeah, this is fantastic. You saw it up close, You saw it do cool things at a cool place that has probably ought not to have been and it got caught. This is fantastic, And I totally understand your your hesitation to sharing because you don't want to be heckled. Because, as you told me before we started recording, I'm just telling the truth the way I experienced.
Speaker 1: It, and that's it, and that's all you're gonna get. Yeah, that's all we ever asked for. I'm talking to you online because it's important to me to tell the truth. And what I'm trying to say with this is I just want to move the needle forward a little bit because the next person who sees it, and there's probably been hundreds and thousands of people who've seen them, they won't come up. They won't say it because they get ridiculed, they get made fun of in their little small town or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Fast forward like twenty years from now, no problem. All the photos are going to come out of the woodshed. Everyone's got an uncle that had one, you know, But right now, nobody's willing to go on the record.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How has it changed your life having this experience? Not just like being ridkilled by your friends and you know, little minded folks that don't want to believe what you're saying, but has it changed you and your outlook on things or your relationships with the Wilder People or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Well that's a big question there, Cliff. But yeah, I mean I mean for me personally, I like to camp, I like to hike, I like to fish. Nothing of that is changed. It's never going to happen twice say that.
Speaker 2: You say that, Well, I don't know, man. There's people have been struck by lightning more than a dozen times, and I mean by lightning, not big boots. You know, it can happen. I know, I know several multiple time witnesses.
Speaker 1: It could happen. Again, Bubo's not online, so maybe it's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: So well, Bubo's got his own by lightning curse.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, I would say in my life hadn't changed much. I mean, I'm just I've always just been genuine person that I am. And it works for you, it doesn't. I mean, frankly, y'all have been really cool about making me comfortable having this conversation, because it's not an easy conversation to have. When you when you have a conversation with somebody and you can express yourself and not be judged, that that's meaningful to me. So that's important to me. So I want to give you some props. I'm to give some big old, big old dabs on that so.
Speaker 2: Well, as I told you before we started recording, like, I'm an honest you know, and I therefore I assume everybody else kind of is too, you know. And I sure I get I make mistakes that way. People do lie to me, and I believe them, But I think that says more about them than it does me, honestly, you know. And and I and if I'm just open and honest with people, I would hope they're the same with me. And I think I think you're being I'm confident you're being honest with me. I have no problems with that at all. And I hope that that comes through in my attitude when I speak to Wiks.
Speaker 1: It certainly does.
Speaker 2: It certainly does, Yeah, because I know they're real. I know they're real. So yeah, just tell me what you saw on Let's let's learn about learn a little bit more about him, is my thought.
Speaker 1: And for me, you know, it's not like I'm looking for validation because I've already seen it, you know, I mean, you know, And that's where you know, I really enjoyed my conversation with David illis. Uh, I'm going to reference him a lot because I really respect him a lot. He deserves it.
Speaker 2: He's a sweetheart.
Speaker 1: I love that guy. He's a good dude.
Speaker 9: And uh and uh you know he's seen him and uh, you know, in having a conversation with him, I mean, he'd be the best psychiatrist you could ever ask for.
Speaker 1: Just a good, good human being and good soul.
Speaker 2: So have you taken an interest to the subject now or you're like reading books and watching shows and like listen to the podcasts.
Speaker 1: Always say, I'm not a bigfooter, but uh, you know, I mean trade but I mean I'd like to get more into it. But I don't want to misrepresent myself too, because you know, my encounter was just by chance, absolutely happenstance chance And uh you know, I mean you could be the guy who studies everything out of the gate and and never never come in contact because they're few and far between. I just happened to run into into that moment.
Speaker 2: The vast majority of witnesses are just are people just like you, you know, who accidentally saw something they never expected. And there are you know, I know a little bit about bigfoots. I know a lot about the subject, a little bit about the animals. I don't know if I'm expert or not.
Speaker 1: But well, you're certainly more expertise than me.
Speaker 2: I certainly have a passion for the subject.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and y'll have been doing y'all have been doing it for a long time too, So I feel like I'm sort of cutting in line, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Cutting in line. I love the way you talk, man. You have some really great things to say, you know, blocked out the moon or the sun. I love your stuff, and you have away with words and it's hilarious. I love it. You paint a really good picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean hopefully I related everything I could say. I mean, if you have any other questions, you're certainly welcome to reach out.
Speaker 2: I think you did a great job, man, I mean, it's just fantastic. You got the totally serendipitous events where you, oh, man, my keys dropped that you walked up and you found your keys, which is a good thing, of course, and a sasquatch happened to be there. You had this momentary standoff.
Speaker 1: It was a yet but moment from God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, holy smokes, right.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give you one and enridge.
Speaker 2: You one exactly, I fold and then you folded, and then you turned and ran tail down the mountain, hop back in cars.
Speaker 1: Face planet three times exactly, three times in the snow. I came up with snow on my face like some idiot running from the wind with keys until.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the Big Foy was laughing at you all the way. It probably probably clapping at your your your performance all the way.
Speaker 1: It was probably was like, watch this thing, let's let's wind him up, let's see what he can got.
Speaker 2: Well, that was fantastic. I love the story. You have such a way with words. You're and you can just I love the way you presented everything. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: There's the whole attitude of you with the entire evening, like, hey, this is it. I don't know, that's it. That's what I saw. Take it or leave it, and I'll take it. Man. It was great. It was a wonderful report. Super cool. I've been taking notes the entire time. I'm adding to this to my my database, so you're gonna be added on to the twelve or fifteen hundred reports I have on my database, my Colorado files. A little light to be honest with you, So thank you for helping me with that. And you're just a fantastic guest. I don't know how you feel about it. In a way I care, in a way I don't because I know you're a fantastic guest. I hope you agree with me. And if you don't, sorry, people are gonna love this episode.
Speaker 1: And I have a way way wards. You do you do? You do well?
Speaker 2: You know what? I also straight? I also shoot straight.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, you know. I hope we have a chance one day to shake hands as some boy. That'd be cool.
Speaker 2: That'd be great, That'd be great. I've got I got a couple of jobs in Tennessee. I'm gonna be out there late in the year.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll be there.
Speaker 2: I'll show up, all right. So yeah, hopefully next week we'll be back with Bobo and Pierce. Thank you so much for coming on the show. I'm sorry Bobo could be here too, but I'm glad I was. You have an amazing story and I think all of our listeners are going to really enjoy this one. So thank you so much for your time. So okay, everybody, big Foot and Beyond land out there all my Squatch gteer friends, my bfs, my big Foot and Beyond friends. Thank you so much for tuning in this week. We're gonna have another fantastic guest or some something to talk about next week. Who knows what's gonna go on? Who knows? I don't even know, and I'm the host of this show. But whatever's gonna be, it's gonna be great. I'm gonna be here, hopefully Bobo's gonna be here, and you'll be here too. Really really appreciate you guys listening. And uh, we've got shwag. If you want a shirt or T shirt or something, go to sasquatchprints dot com. You can order them there. We have a membership section, so there's gonna be an extra forty five minutes or an hour of content released on this coming Thursday. I think it's Thursdays that we release these things. If you are interested in that, go to Bigfoot and Beyond podcast dot com and click membership, or just go straight to the show notes below and click that link that Matt pru will put down there. And maybe you want to be a member of Bigfoot and Beyond. I mean I would, except I already listened to all the shows when I speak them. On that note, we'll talk to you guys next week. And all right, dudes, keep it squatchy. Thanks for listening to this week's theisode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.