Speaker 1: You're not the only one that can write music.
Speaker 2: I think that's good voice.
Speaker 1: This is a very special song just for you. Your headphones are supposed to go over your ears.
Speaker 2: My headphones.
Speaker 1: Start feeding back on the mic. Comedian, there's Radio eight forty w h A s I'm Dwight witting that there is a Dave Jennings. Tom Maybe joins the show, and Caribou is in here, the Kealing Brothers. It's like a who's who. It's like a who's Who. We're gonna talk to Caribou at the at the bottom of the hour, and they're gonna be doing some good for the neighborhood. But Tom Maybe going out to the Big Bear Comedy Festival, will be working with Kevin nealand Adam Carolla.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be a bunch of comics house.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be stopping thee Tom, it's my interview. Uh No, but seriously, and you're gonna be stopping along the way doing maybe Maybe in America hits. And that's another way that you reinvented yourself. You had the CMT show Maybe in America and then you find out, you know what, I would make more money doing this on my own on a platform like YouTube, and so you leave it, and you do you may well.
Speaker 3: Maybe in America is supposed to be a two episodes special, okay, and we end up doing eight I think, and they ran and it was doing it did well. Then it got to the points that more people was watching the toaster than watching my TV show. So don't don't build up like I chose to leave it.
Speaker 1: I think one hell of a toaster. Toasters from a jay hillbred stockyard.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, used to be a greyhound. Yeah the U but yeah. And then I people are like, you need to do YouTube. No, no, no, I got to get on to another TV show, movie or whatever, and and uh and I start learning about this social media. I've never been more recognized in public movie and did natural Born pranks with lion Gate and yes that's not a matter of fr Netflix right now. But see, I've done all these things and nothing has made me more popular than like Facebook and YouTube and Twitter and TikTok and Instagram.
Speaker 2: I work them all. I have to.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's kind of weird being my age, you know, doing the social media. And plus I don't get ten pages of notes, you know, we think you'd be funny if you had a purple shirt on, you know whatever, you know, and I really like being my own little boss and doesn't do anything.
Speaker 1: So I think it's fascinating because then you took and you always reinvest in your career and you reinvest in in retirement, with with with properties. But I found it fascinating. I want to put too much your finances out there, but here we go. You had a double suite office complex that you built a studio out of. You paid for half of that, like one office, you paid for one office off one video. So successful, and.
Speaker 3: You know that's what that's that's what happened on Hilton Had Island was And I'm not trying to just as I would I would, trust me.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's way up there.
Speaker 3: And then sometimes it's four dollars. I'm like, am I going to donate some blood?
Speaker 1: You know, it's question the four dollars? Don't going Wait a minute.
Speaker 3: My wife cracks up laughing, and I said, the algorithm gods or hate me right now?
Speaker 2: Oh my guys, I hate me.
Speaker 3: So she's like, oh my gosh, it's you know, how long since two thousand and nine you've been doing social and it's always the up and down. But when you're self employed, you know, I'm one move away from buying an airplane or one move away from being homeless. And that's how it's always been. And I still call my wife and hey, I got forty bucks out of ATM. She's like, I think you're fine, You're good, you know. But it's just the way I was just brought up, you know, extremely single parent, extremely poor.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: And so now when I and my thing is I just my my old CD.
Speaker 2: Just I got to keep my craft together, you know, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So, but you're very political sometimes on social media it's bad. Is that a bad move? Number one mentally?
Speaker 2: But number two, well, if you want to lose half your following.
Speaker 1: Games, that's where I was.
Speaker 3: That's where I was, by well by when back when Trump and Hillary are gonna, I had I got. I got two major pages on Facebook, tomm a comedy Maybe in America together four million followers. One page was off for Hillary, another page was offered. But here here lately, I'm like, guys, if you love the Prime, you love the open borders, you love hoigh gas prices, do and keep voting a withy your vote, man, and I'm like, shut the hell up, Tom, I mean I like that and not delete it.
Speaker 1: And man, know, because I was getting really harsh for a while, I started walking it back, walking it back, and I'm like, you know what, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just gonna Nothing good could come from telling nobody the vote republican.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not good. I mean I want you to, but I will never talk about vote republican.
Speaker 1: Halving the two pages reminds me of because you always did all these videos.
Speaker 3: Every one page will get canceled or get fired right if we get it, one will get pushed up in the get so and at the I had a management company for a while, Beverly Hills for social It's called the Fight Me and said, you want to combine these two paid to be one. I said, no, I don't, because I'm going to do something stupid or say something stupid, and I'll get put in you know, Facebook jail for you know, for sixty days, and you won't make any money. And then I can't tell you how many times that has happened, that this one's kicking ass. And all of a sudden, I say something stupid, right, and I just I say a word that rhymes trump, and I'll put your hands.
Speaker 1: On no this, I'm swearing on my mother's eyes right now. If I post something with word law enforcement or like l MPD something like that, it gets suppressed because you know, I know, I can post something and it'll get an X amount of likes, no matter what. It could be a dog, turd, it could be whatever, right, right right. If I post something and involves law enforcement, it immediately gets suppressed. Same with my wife. It's amazing. I'm serious, the algorithms they have.
Speaker 3: It's just political stuff social get can she How was that? Your wife's a politician? Well, how how's that with social?
Speaker 1: With her?
Speaker 2: Can she promote? And can you promote her?
Speaker 1: She's got her own she's got her own, uh, Susan Tyler Whitten State representative page. And then she has her own for example, she can block anybody on our on our private page. But if you're a public official, if you're in the House of Representatives like she is, she can't. Is illegal for her to block people.
Speaker 2: Wow, but you.
Speaker 1: Were talking about you were talking about what was it? It reminded me of the time, Oh, I know, it was you having a Hillary page and a trunk page. There was one video you did where you went to a bar and it was the uk U of L basketball game. No, it wasn't. It was a football game. And so U of L gets the lead and you go in the bathroom and put on the U of L shirt.
Speaker 2: All right, I would put to whoever whatever team was winning. I would throw the jersey on.
Speaker 1: And people people would start looking at you, giving you flack, and you're just that, and then uh, I want to I want to talk for Hey, we want to talk for one second about know, you know.
Speaker 3: Real quick, you know rock you know Dave Moody or Buddy Dave Many Yeah, I love Dave. He he got us like backstage passes through the Pittsburgh Steelers game or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we all had her and we all went up there.
Speaker 3: And I went up there and I didn't anybody know, but and there's a picture of me at up in the stadium up and I got a baseball glove.
Speaker 1: I took.
Speaker 2: I took a baseball glove. I put this small one. I'm out there.
Speaker 1: I want to get one, Dave said. Dave Moody says one of the worst things he ever did was give me front row. When he was he played bass for Billy Ray Cyrus for years and years and years. So Billy Ray Cyrus comes to the UH Caesars the concert Hall and he goes, hey, man, come on out meet Billy and then we'll give you front row and your girls. So we did. And during the show, before the show, I might have overserved myself a little bit. Oh boy, I've been So they come out and like two songs into it, I'm screaming at the top of my lungs, Chance against the stage, Dave Movie.
Speaker 2: Day God.
Speaker 1: And so he starts sleeking back back to the back behind the drum ra and he's given me the finger across the throat. Shut up, shut up. And the more he does that, the latter I get well. Starts to irritate Uh Billy Ray because.
Speaker 2: He's just how do you recover? And you recovered?
Speaker 1: We're cool?
Speaker 2: Now, can I tell you one quick?
Speaker 3: So I'm getting ready to do my first comedy special and uh and you guys notice I'm not a drugs I bleep my eyes quite a bit. I got Tourette syndrome and it mind's just a facial tech. My son's got the actual capriella Tourette. Well, he'll he'll say bad things. He'll blurt out racial slurs and stuff, and dud we were it's very commics called Kaprete. We were at a doctor's office the other day and I said, Josh, look around, the black and white ratio is not not am I am? I as a dad with a special needs son. I got to a dress way. I go up with, hey, guys, my name is Tom.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is my son, Josh, and he's a racist.
Speaker 4: Now I know, I don't no, no, but anyway, I'm kidding, but I I I was doing this comedy special and I didn't want to be blinking off twitching and stuff.
Speaker 2: And you know how I found out. I got Tourett's was. I went to the auction.
Speaker 3: And uh's who just get down thousand dollars with that pento? And uh uh?
Speaker 2: But anyway I'm doing. I go to my doctor.
Speaker 3: He said, we're going to put you in this medicine and everything. He's violent, don't drink on it. And I'm so, I'm and I totally forgot about it. And I got apologize.
Speaker 1: When they say stuff like that, it's just the factory recommendation.
Speaker 3: Apparently, apparently I'm on the stage with on uh uh. I think I said the Zany in Chicago or somebody there, and I'm a and I'm a I'm sitting there and I'm losing my thoughts and I'm like and every time I lost my because I mean, I was a different kind of I had the medication and I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying and I'm.
Speaker 5: Dum and I would just pour it out.
Speaker 4: I would get it.
Speaker 3: And I knew sometime I was playing my guitar and I knew something was wrong when I'm like, I'm like three frets off man, I'm like way down and every dumb when I get lost, I was just gonna. I told the story to some other guys and you got buddies that even told me, and they call you up ten years learning and go.
Speaker 1: Dumb, mabe, how far in the act were you?
Speaker 3: Oh dude, it kicked in because this is back when I you know, I'm a non drinker now, but this is back when I was raging drunk and I was drinking bourbon and on top. I think it was a Sarah Cell type thing, anti psychotic, but actually it's good for Tourette syndrome too, and uh, and it was it was just so bad, and I and the guy sent me the DVD and I.
Speaker 2: Won't watch it.
Speaker 1: You haven't seen you.
Speaker 2: No, we gotta watch it, dude, Yeah, I've heard it.
Speaker 1: We gotta kid.
Speaker 3: There's somebody you know when you look back in your life and you get take it a racer. You want to race this and that and that text and there's one.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I.
Speaker 1: Got some things that we can used to make that really funny. And we'll take that and then we'll watch it. It'll be funny, trust me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: You have some baby as baby they made me feel good, juices better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, let's a little bit here. We always look. We've talked about your professional career, all the different things you've done, going all the way back, putting it all on the line on telemarketers and then growing from there and by the way, doing stand up comedy that was you were not a stand up.
Speaker 2: No, you did twenty years twenty three years ago.
Speaker 1: On stage, tom soble.
Speaker 2: Gave you the break, tom gave me rest.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I gotta I got to throw chasing a quick squirrel.
Speaker 2: Okay, chasing a quick tom.
Speaker 1: So will squirrel. Oh, tom So and I were really good friends for decades and decades right, and and I'm dear friends with his brother, Chip Sob.
Speaker 2: I love topic Chip. A couple of weeks ago, Ye.
Speaker 1: So, tom Sobol passes away. God rest is soul. Two weeks later, I leave the studio, we get off the air. I'm driving home. I get on sixty four. I know exactly where the call came. Uh. I was on sixty four, about to pass Lynn Family Stadium. Remember it as vivid as it was yesterday. My phone rings. I look down and says, tom Soble, guy's been gone. He's been He's been gone for two weeks. This guy, he's been dead for two years. Yes, So, I answered our speakerphone. I say this is Dwight.
Speaker 2: I hear, oh, Dwight.
Speaker 1: All the blood rushes out of me. I'm pale as a ghost. And he keeps it up. It was Tom's. It was up, Chip Sobral goofing on me. He said, tom Sobol one to prank you one last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be dad. Look, tom Sobil, you know an interesting camp. But Steve Harvey, he's responsible for so many people, Roseanne.
Speaker 1: It was more than just. But where I was going was you reinvented yourself there, but you also do good for the neighborhood. And you've started this clothing line and this shelter dog is man. It's a good looking shirt.
Speaker 3: Look, you know right, look you're going to buy You're going to buy a shirt anyway. And those people, those people the vineyard, they don't need your money. And you never played polo. We don't need a polo shirt. Every penny, every cent of profit goes back to a shelter. Maybe you'll tell me Tom, this shelter struggling. I will tell you, all right, well, we got this bucket of money or whatever, a cup of money, whatever it turns out to be, go so that shelter. And when and you've done them with me, when budget permits, I'll go into a shelter and I will like, don't even tell them, and we'll just give them a bunch of computers, and we give dog dogs makeover, we brite massage therapist.
Speaker 2: Then for their employees, we've.
Speaker 3: Done a lot of cool stuff and sometimes they're bigger and better than others. And then I'll do a show and then all the money from the show we'll go back to the shelter. And we've done like four of those now and that they've worked out well, so I don't even get pa.
Speaker 1: So this clothing line, I'm sorry, No, that's okay, that's okay, but no, it's it's it's a and like you said.
Speaker 2: My dog Poppy that I saved the day you and I were at the Humane.
Speaker 1: Success I remember Poppy. Uh and by the way, who would rather have a I'd rather have a shelter dog than a whale. Yeah, yeah, I mentioned vineyard vines. Who cares about whales? Right, they are sheltered, they already got that.
Speaker 3: No, but yes, right, But you know these are is comic with the calls dot com, comic with the calls dot com. And we got the T shirt, the hats and the and the polos and uh yeah, and they're they're good qualities.
Speaker 2: They're good quality. I'm trying to figure out how to blow it up.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a coffee shirt. You said you were next to large. I think they running tab big. That's a big shirt. Uh the U or unless you were talking any uh but no, man, thanks for bringing up because in my if I, if I, if I could do just anything, it would be in the laying of animal shelters.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: And in the morning.
Speaker 3: The property I'm I'm I'm looking at when I get back from California has like twelve acres, Like what can I do with this?
Speaker 2: Why can't great?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I go, I go buy Louisville Metro Animal Shelters every month day and do a video to help to get a dog out.
Speaker 2: And they're great, by the way, they're great, And.
Speaker 1: Uh, every time I go there, I just wish I had a form give them all.
Speaker 3: It's so heartbreaking when because you know, we know where they're overpopulated as you know, and it's just I want to if I could do anything, if God say, hey, Tom, you could do anything and everything, and that I could quit everything and kids were out of colleges and stuff, I would definitely beat cats and dogs.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so Comic with a Cause that's where you go to get these calls dot com. Go to Comic with the Calls dot Com. Check out these shirts.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And by the way, one of the profits go to help shelter animals. And it's not specific to one shelter.
Speaker 3: It's like who there was in need because there's so many of them, you know, and it's uh, it could be the Metro Animal. It could be, it could be whatever, you know, the Shamrock Foundation, whatever it could be. It doesn't matter, you know, and you can I will say the white whereas that you could just tell me because I know you're you're you're extremely uh invested in the in the animal world and you know, I know, I.
Speaker 2: Know you So I just don't how to. But yeah, so that's that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: But you know what, you know what sucks about every time you try to do something good, someone comes out. Well do you know absolutely my podcast Sober Talk, he's for the money. I said, I'm losing money on so are you kidding me? We do a show every day. I could be out filming a prak that's gonna it.
Speaker 1: Was time consume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a I'm waiting for anyway.
Speaker 2: That's the problem with the world now, it's.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, but right now and until I get you know something, But yeah, one hundred percent of profits will go to whatever.
Speaker 1: Big Bear Comedy Festivals is next stop, performing with Kevin Neal and Adam Caroll and several other comics. Plus watch him on the way as he drives America across the country with the world's biggest body yard America.
Speaker 6: A good Right Now comic with the calls.
Speaker 1: Check out the Shelter Dog where it's a beautiful shirt, beautiful hats. You're gonna love it. Plus it does good for the neighborhoods. Speaking of doing good for the neighborhood, my buddies from Caribou are in here, the Keelings. We're gonna be talking to them at the bottom of the hour. But next really in the years, Tom, I'm gonna need your help on this one as we try to guess the year of the song. Maybe the Keelings jump in on this as well. But but first before that, Fridays, how do we kick off our weekend Baronos Pizza? Maybe that's how the Windings get a large Mama Barons, A couple of number one nikilas and hello weekend. I'm kissing you right on your mouth. We love Baronos and you will too. When's the last time you've been to your neighborhood Baronos? We had two neighborhood Barons. We go to. Our home court is five O two on Hurstborn and then also the Jaytown location. Check out check out the tap room.
Speaker 3: Check out the new deck out thereatiful.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I find out they got a huge deck with live music on the weekends. That's how you do it. And we are right in the middle of deck weather. If you don't like pizza, try something out sam which is pasta, salad, you name it. You're gonna love the extensive menu at Bernald's Pizza dine in, carry out or delivery. Yeah, it's that good. Stick around reeling in the years next and then the Keeling Brothers talk about how you can help out an officer in need, and boy do they need the help, but have a lot of fun while you're doing it. It's all the way news. Ready to wait forty w h A s packed house in here, Dave, I packed the deck against you. I know. I've got the legendary Louisville musical group Caribou to help me. A comedian Tom Mabe is going to be the anchor to help Is that on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on. He's on.
Speaker 1: Very good word Bill, you got four years on.
Speaker 2: I can hear you find well.
Speaker 1: Okay, Caribou in the house.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go the ars and it's gonna be too easy because these were all hits in the forties and now you have Caribou in there.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, Dave, that's great, whoa, that's great.
Speaker 5: Okay. These were all top twenty hits back in the day, including from the Eddie and the Cruisers sounds track. I mean, c I t y John Cafferty.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking maybe eighty five or six three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, d x seven man, I recognize that he uh he's.
Speaker 1: The poor man's Bruce Springsteen, right yeah.
Speaker 2: The guy that played him did a terrible job lip sinking. Terrible. Yeah. That or the editor one of the other one eighty three?
Speaker 5: What was the other one on the dark side? That was the other. Okay, let's move on from John Caffard to a guy with a few more hits, Stevie Wonder part time lover.
Speaker 2: Stolen from Man Eater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, kid, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh here he comes eighty two really no, just out there, Okay, it was definitely in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sure, yeah, yeah, thanks comedian Tom Mabe.
Speaker 2: We could have done it without you. Thanks for pulling us through. Yeah you guys, I can.
Speaker 5: Hear us Man Eater now, that's all I can hear. And hollow notes didn't see the lawsuit coming.
Speaker 1: That is two dollars out of a bad joke.
Speaker 2: Jar you mean Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 5: One of the best videos in the MTV day when they played music videos, Take on Me.
Speaker 2: That was so cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you cannot watch cannot not watch that video, right, and no.
Speaker 2: Band can duplicate this song, can't.
Speaker 1: Well, there's one band that can do.
Speaker 2: You all do this song?
Speaker 3: We do now you have a you have a granddaughter with a hotpitch boys coming and saying yeah.
Speaker 1: They actually have people stand in front of with poster board with stick people to like.
Speaker 5: Remember, aha, did an unplugged It was pretty good from a few years ago. Stripped this down, blowers.
Speaker 1: Really and the eighties eighty four eighty four yeah four, I'll go along with that. I'm taking it so far, so far, we're hovering over eighty four feels right.
Speaker 5: Let's see you guys hit the high est.
Speaker 2: You've seen this guy do it live he hits it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, wow.
Speaker 2: Pretty good day. They're not going to went the halftime right there. Okay, let's move on for that.
Speaker 5: Hit it you guys ready for the world.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, Sheila.
Speaker 2: This we did this. This is a big caribou.
Speaker 6: So it's been off from Prince's Band, right or eighty six?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 2: I would die for you.
Speaker 1: My favorite Ready for the World song is Slide.
Speaker 2: That was my I don't recall that.
Speaker 1: That's where I make sweetsweet love to.
Speaker 5: What is his name?
Speaker 2: Get it? Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm a very generous lover.
Speaker 2: I have you know, I'm an excellent lover. Dwight, I know, way by the way, Dame.
Speaker 1: For the record, his name was Tom. Okay, I'm between eighty four and eighty six on this one.
Speaker 2: This is, this is, this is eighty five to eighty six, this one.
Speaker 8: Mort let's get hey saylors, wow, wam Have you ever noticed how much George Michael sounds like the lead singer of this group?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean you copied everything I know you think about it? Total rip off.
Speaker 2: I missed George eight.
Speaker 3: What an incredible singer, incredible talent, incredible talent.
Speaker 1: I met the guy one time. We were we were in a rest room and the rest stop. I'll tell you, I'll tell you, I'll tell you, I'll tell you.
Speaker 5: How long was the line?
Speaker 2: That's terrible? Man?
Speaker 1: I said, hey, can you give me an autographic? Go sure, give me your skin pencil. Okay, all right? The media.
Speaker 2: Making the media the.
Speaker 5: Number one song September the thirtieth. Back in the day of song, Dwight loves.
Speaker 1: It, says five or six.
Speaker 3: No, I know, you know it's not it's a lot earlier.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. Man, Yeah, I could never ever hear after working in radio for thirty years, I could never hear the song again.
Speaker 2: Risk my life.
Speaker 1: And I love Mark Knoffler, who's got a new record out that sounds great, but.
Speaker 2: Cut off of it yesterday is a great. Look at them eighty five MTV hitting eighty one and it's gonna be eighty hitting earlier. I'm going froze. I think it's eighty one. No, there's no way it's that. I think it's like the same year it was.
Speaker 1: I think it's four or five.
Speaker 2: I'm going two three. I went here. I'm with him, Yeah it wasn't the same year, Dwight. I'm on your side, brother, you know that. Give us some pat benefit. What he's wrong.
Speaker 5: Who's grabbing the ball and taking the shot.
Speaker 2: I'm grabbing the ball, I'm passing the ball. I'm not touching it. I'm going nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 5: Stupid final answer.
Speaker 2: For eighty four eighty four eighty four, eighty three.
Speaker 5: Eighty four What's final Answer eighty four, nineteen eighty four. Money for Nothing Dire Straits was number one September the thirtieth, nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Five, the year I graduated.
Speaker 1: Ah, all right, stick around. You don't want to miss Caraboo. We're gonna be talking to the Keeling brothers and we need your help for an l MPD officer. But you can help in a big fun way. Find out more after news news Radio eight forty w h A s A yeah, baby, yeah, yes, News Radio eight forty w h A S. I'm Dwight Wedding. Right, there's Dave, Jenny Hey, Dave, see Hi, Hey, hey hey, And we got Bill and John Keeling in her family. Keelling family. I gotta say, man served Louis of Kentucky well and continue to do so. It's amazing. What an amazing family.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna goof on you here shortly, but I gotta give you accolades right now, the serious business though, the entire family, family of service. That's right, and continue to do so. God bless you, I say, uh, thank you. You know, John just doesn't know when to retire. What thirty five years now on LMPD thirty five years tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa how about that man?
Speaker 1: And of course we got to talk about Cariboo, one of the best bands ever come out of Louisville, Kentucky. I know, I'm serious, man. I mean, you guys are so tight and you have the horn section. It's unbelievable that the show that that Cariboo puts on. And here's an opportunity to go see this great band and do some good for the neighborhood folks. Listen up, loved ones. Malachi Green, he works in the third division. He's got a two year old two years old stage four cancer neuroplastoma I think it's what it's called, already had multiple surgeries, and this family is in dire straits, desperate need, right.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how are you? How are we going to help out this family? Because I got to tell you it's been bad and financially they're being drained right now. And Louisville is known for rallying around each other, and this is one of those instances where we needed talk about what we're gonna do here.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Dwight.
Speaker 6: On October the nineteenth, the third, a lot of the third Division officers have gotten together and organized an event.
Speaker 1: It's going to be at the.
Speaker 6: FOP Lodge Hall sixty two oh four Price Lane out in Okhowna.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have it outside. We're gonna be covered.
Speaker 6: It's a rainer shine event starts about four o'clock and we've named it Hope for Montana. That's the little one's name, Montana. And we're gonna have silent auction. There's gonna be a food buffet provided by Calias. Twenty dollars is all that's gonna cost to get twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: Get you get the buffet.
Speaker 6: There will be alcoholic beverages served, sold and served, and we'll have inflatables for the kids.
Speaker 2: This is a family event.
Speaker 6: We will have cornhole competition, we will have music and the tent and the music tent Cariboo will be performing and on behalf of Caribou. We're glad to be involved in this. We are celebrating our fiftieth year entertaining Littleville.
Speaker 2: And around around the area. Wow.
Speaker 6: Year long, we've been doing and been doing benefits to honor our fiftieth year. This may be the last one of the year, but not the last gig with the last benefit of the year, and so the whole band is in on it. We'll be there just blasting fouling glick from wd.
Speaker 1: Rb R MC for the day. That's a great MC.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna have a ball. We're gonna get get silly out there and tell all your friends and family bring a chair. You will be covered.
Speaker 2: Like I said, Rainer Shine, we need this to happen for this family. Mom is a nurse.
Speaker 6: She had to quit her job because it was so hectic and so busy to get the child back and forth to physicians and hospitals. Officer Malekai, he works out in the third division, full time officer.
Speaker 2: We got to help this family.
Speaker 1: They are just.
Speaker 6: Drained and all the financial hope we can give them will be well helped.
Speaker 2: To save this kid.
Speaker 6: Like you said, we all pull together, LPD pulls together. We're a family. So come on out. October nineteenth starts about four o'clock. Twenty dollars at the doors. All that's going to cost will fid you. You can party and have some good music to listen to.
Speaker 1: And I got to tell you cancer sucks, but man, two year old child is just not fair. Two year old child with cancer. It's not for that child. It's you know, the child should be just doing two year old things, playing with blocks, doing whatever two year old does. And especially not fair for the mom and dad and you have a blessing of a child and now going through this. It's just not fair. But Cariboo, you're always there doing good for the neighborhood. Bill What is it about Caribou that constantly I mean, you step up, you step up, And I know how monotonous and how grueling that gets people tugging on and you non stop. Hey, I got because there's no shortage of events and want uh what what? What gave you guys the uh fortitude to go ahead and go through with all of these charity gigs because I got to tell you you've done a lot of them.
Speaker 7: Well, it's for the same reason we put the band together. Begin with the love of music and getting out and playing and having people dancing and having a good time and smiling and really getting into the music. And of course fifty years seems like a long time. It went by pretty quick. When John decided to put this band together way back when, uh, and we we never missed an opportunity if somebody's in need. You know, the band is a perfect vehicle for that. It's one of the songs we do, by the way, very good and uh so we don't want to pass up any opportunity we can fit in the schedule.
Speaker 2: The hard part is fitting it in the schedule.
Speaker 6: Do you remember when I told you I was gonna get the band together?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I remember what I said to you that day when I asked you to be in the band.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he said, you want to be my trumpet player? And I said, why would I do that, I've already got a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: And he but you talked me into it, yeah, yesterday.
Speaker 1: Well well hang on, so that could be insulting because, uh Charlie Watt from the Stones actually punched Mick Jagger in the nose one time because early on he referred to him as my drummer. Oh yeah, in an interview. So Charlie Watch walked down the hotel room hallway, knocked on the door, Jagger open up, hit him square in the nose and said, I'm not your drummer, you're my lead singer. But so when you all start the band, how how old are you? And did you think that you'd be together for this long.
Speaker 2: I think John did. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Really we were seventeen eighteen, maybe senior years that way. He got this idea going and we started rehearsing in my grandmother's garage. Like all the bands you got starting a garage. I mean, yeah, you don't, You're not a band. And now we never dreamed I had. I remember the first Cariby shirt was was handmade by mix wife. She made the first Karriby team shirt. And then we started printing T shirts because I thought, well, you know, one day the band's going to break up and we need something that we can hold onto that has the name on its right. Remember that, right, We're still printing T shirts and I think you have one.
Speaker 1: I know, I definitely have one. I've got I've got the American flag, red white and blue one, and I usually wear it to the fourth of July celebration that you guys are at. But one thing about it that it didn't dawn on me. The sea in Cariboo mimics the sea in Chicago because you all were Chicago fans. It's still harder this day. As a matter of fact, I'll be driving down the road and I'll be a red light and in Chicago beyond. You know this would be true. I'll show you a text of the of the of the radio showing the Chicago show. Whenever I think Chicago, I think of Cariboo. How did y'all come up with the using the Chicago see? Just big fans?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not only that.
Speaker 6: Back in the day, the Cariboo rants out in Nederland, Colorado was a big, famous recording studio and a lot of big names games including Chicago recorded there. Elton John, a lot of big names and very famous place. It has since burned. I don't think there's much building left. It all out there, but it's now been donated. It's up for servation.
Speaker 2: It's up for sale for forty eight million, nine hundred thousand dollars. You can have it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I might have to get it. Yeah. Yeah. Elton John actually had an album called Character right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's where he did it.
Speaker 6: We stole the name and said, hey, we like him so much, we'll name the band after the ranch.
Speaker 2: So it's the care of it.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, Louis Kentucky's blessed for fifty years to have Caribou as a band. But once again they're doing good for the neighborhood and folks, listen, loved ones, they need your help. Malachai Green only a third division officer, only two years old. Is the child that's in need stage four cancer. Go ahead and give the details one more time.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. I want to make sure all twelve of your listeners hear this. October nineteenth.
Speaker 6: That's a Saturday raid or shine, four o'clock at the FOP Hall, sixty two.
Speaker 2: Four Price Lane. And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: If you come out and mention this broadcast today, I'll get you backstage.
Speaker 2: You can meet the band. Hey, I tell you what. I would even let you get on the bus. Okay, yeah, we'll do that. Well if we had a bus.
Speaker 1: But how much how much does it cost to not have to do all that?
Speaker 6: It's only twenty dollars at the gate and come out, yeah, come out and say hello, meet all of us. Even a little joy will be out there and come out and it's going to be an all day party starting at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: Come out and have some.
Speaker 6: Fun, food, beverage, jumpies, inflatables for the kids. It's a family affair, so bring your grandkids, ring your great grandkids, bring your neighbors, anybody you want to bring help this family out there.
Speaker 5: Okay for that twelve listener, crack, I have some audio. I have some audio from the very first Caribou gig.
Speaker 1: Oh wow wow, oh oh wow.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember that gig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a hard song to learn. This was in eighteen twelve. It was was this when the gold Rush hit, Dave. I think before that actually, because I remember they had the Caribou gold Rush t shirts. If you went you bought a pick at old Man McGregor's pick store, you got a free Caribou shirt.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Thank you, real quick though, real quick. And if you don't have this lined up, we're gonna have you all back on before and I'll get on social media. Is there a way if people can't attend that they can donate. Has there been a GoFundMe or is there anything like that set up? If not, get me the details and I'll get it out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, there is actually a QR code. Okay, but of course have to see the flyer.
Speaker 1: I'm fifty six. I don't have a QR cold. I tried it yesterday for Louder than Life and I got frustrated with my wife. Here, you do it. Listen.
Speaker 2: Can I say one more thing?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Okay, So back to Montana, the child that's in me.
Speaker 7: Uh, you know, I've got I got four adult children, they've got kids. I got nine grandchildren. Every single one of them is healthy, not a single thing wrong with them, you know, except when they sure had kids, know, which is often. John has a ton of kids too. Uh, we're lucky, we're blessed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh, you know, Caribou can do this for the for the family, and if everybody can do this for the family, then this kid is going to live longer. And this benefit is very important. And Malachi is a great guy, and so his wife is just wonderful human being. And when this happens to a family, they're devastated, and they are they are drained as far as financial.
Speaker 2: Malachi can't work enough off duty. He can't.
Speaker 7: There's enough ours in the day, and he you know, he's got to sleep sometime, which I'm sure that's what he's doing. But you know, those of us that have been blessed with healthy children, yes, let's go for this right and help this family who's blessed with a child.
Speaker 2: And uh and need some help.
Speaker 1: Let's show an attitude of gratitude. Let's show towards the Green family. On October nineteenth, Fop Lodge Bill Killing, John Keeling, thank you so much for serving the community. Thanks for all the fun times with Caribou fifty years. Baby stick around. We got news at the top of the hour. And then Billy mcnickel maybe join us. He's a drummer that got recognized yesterday. It louder than a lie.
Speaker 6: Heah boy.
Speaker 1: Lots of stuff on the way news radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 5: And what's been around almost as long as Caribou. Lots of toasta in the heart of Saint Matthews. What are you doing for lunch? How about this? How about an Italian sub? How do they make it?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 5: You got genda well hot capa cola, pepperoni, mild provolone, crusty Italian bread, rosemary herb olive oil, which you can buy a bottle of right there at, lots of pasta, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions. If you'd like Fanetti swears, buy the cube and that's in house roasted pork, in house baked ham, Swiss pickle, yellow mustard on fresh cuban bread, vegetarians, hummus, muffiletta. Oh Muffletta has the jenna with the mortadella, the mild provolone on a chibata roll, a little bit of oil and herbs in their chibato roll with the homemade olive vegetable relish, the chicken salad and the tuna salad. I just botched some rattlesnake cheese. D man, Yes, and your eggs do not have to be boring in the morning. Perk up that cheeseburger. Do it rattlesnake cheese. It's a white Wisconsin scheddar infused with tequila and hab and narrow ya ya yay. I think we're having baked ZD tonight. You can get the individual size or the family sized. That is the way to cater by the way, family sized entrees at Lots of Pasta. Check out the options at Lots of Pasta, Louisville dot Com.
Speaker 1: Sticking a stick around news straight away and then possibly Billy mcnikel on the way News right away. Forty wha s