Speaker 1: One thing about this gene is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family. Let's not play one on Tom.
Speaker 1: Let's I love writing to these guys after the show.
Speaker 2: Just thank you gi me are.
Speaker 1: Your attention, your fire and not a pistons. This is world champion, Dodgers, world champion. Put a small soft time they get a people what they want to die.
Speaker 3: To in a row two is special.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache. One of a con. This ball's gone.
Speaker 4: Ready to go show old time to the sound Grab your phone.
Speaker 1: To get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven, they'll.
Speaker 5: Come to the show.
Speaker 1: And now your host of Dodger Talk, Tim Kakes.
Speaker 6: What a win for the Dodgers tonight. Just what they needed. Everything clicking on offense, defense, and on the mound, and they didn't need a lot of the high leverage relievers in a bullpen game as they beat up on the Miami Marlins fifteen to two. Hi, everybody, and welcome into Dodger Talk here on a five seventy LA Sports. Thanks for being with us on this Tuesday night. As the Dodgers winners over the Miami Marlins for the second straight night.
Speaker 3: They put out one.
Speaker 6: Four straight overall, as they are back atop the NL West. How good does it feel to have the Dodgers back where they belong first place in the NL West now one game up on the San Francisco Giants who lost tonight. The Padres have come back down to earth as the Dodgers are back atop the division and coasting right now and feed on teams like the Pirates and the Marlins like they should be.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of Dodger fans were like.
Speaker 6: Well, you're supposed to beat these teams, but you know, things can happen any given night. We saw what happened in the opener against the Pirates. We saw the Marlins fight back to their credit last night, down five to nothing, tied up in five actually six' five lead going to the bottom half of the tenth.
Speaker 3: Inning they still get paid to be.
Speaker 6: Professionals on the other side in that clubhouse as, well and they come out and play, hard and tonight The, dodgers, well they just.
Speaker 3: Took it to The Miami.
Speaker 6: Marlins everything went right for The, dodgers even down one to nothing early Shoeo tani leads off the bottom of the first with the home, run and then it was just a free for. All guys fighting to get to the, batrack guys fighting to get to the on deck, circle and guys crawling over each other to get to the plate to see who can feast on This marlins pitching, tonight as The dodgers had a season high fifteen, runs The dodgers had a season high eighteen. Hits The dodgers had a season high four stolen. Bases seven Different dodgers drove in runs, tonight And Teoscar hernandez continues to be blistering. Hot he is now fourteen runs batted in in the last seven games as he drives in four, tonight goes four to, five a couple of, doubles and now thirty one run batted in on.
Speaker 3: The season to lead the major.
Speaker 6: Leagues as The dodgers' offense, clicking the defense was clicking. Tonight Andy potez had a great play at second base trying to get A marlins player stretching a single into a Double gunndam down at second.
Speaker 3: Base and how about the pitching?
Speaker 6: Tonight what was a scheduled bullpen game And we've seen these a. LOT i, mean go back to last, year go back To. October we've seen these, plenty these scheduled bullpen games because The dodgers just don't have enough starting pitching healthy.
Speaker 3: Well, Tonight Jack dryer got the start and.
Speaker 6: The left hander who to me is a great story in twenty twenty. One he's undrafted out Of. Iowa he's not a fifth round, pick he's not a seventh round. Pick he's not a first round bonus. Baby he's undrafted out of college and last year showed up through DOUBLE a into TRIPLE. A Jack ryer's a part of the team late last, year breaks camp with the team this, year making the roster as he, should along With Ben conspiraus to high leverage young relievers who they need and have used a lot so far this. Year more on that coming. Up Jack ryer gets to start tonight outside of a triple and then AN rbi single in the, first gets out of the. First after, That paris strikeouts in the, second twenty eight pitches and hands it off To Matt. Sower, Now Matt sower is a young man DRAFTED i believe in twenty. Seventeen Hrighetti High School Santa. Maria grew up Near San Louis. Obispo Matt sower was With Kansas city last, year elected not to go back after being sent back To TRIPLE.
Speaker 3: A The dodgers signed.
Speaker 6: Him he goes To tokyo with The, dodgers doesn't, pitch gets.
Speaker 3: Called, up and has been asked to be an innings.
Speaker 6: Eater he is pac, man if you, will for The, dodgers just eating up and gobbling up innings for This dodger pitching. Staff and after two innings Of Jack dryer, Tonight Matt sower comes out And Matt sower goes five, innings allows one run on five, hits punches out. Four he gives up a two OUT rbi single in the seventh. Inning outside of that would have been a zero on the board in the entire time From Matt, sower four, strikeouts seventy eight pitches over five. Innings Jack dryer goes To Matt, soward goes, five seven innings between the two of. Them just what The dodgers needed tonight in a bullpen. Game they didn't need six or seven different relievers coming out pitching two thirds of an inning, here one a third, there two thirds, here two and a. Third the next guy out of the bullpen two From Jack, dryer five For Matt. Sower Luis garcia comes, in puts up a zero in the eighth inning and was then out of hand The dodgers of fifteen to. Two they go To keith A hernandez who comes in and pitches the ninth inning for The, dodgers gives up a couple of, hits but gets a zero on the board for The. Dodgers and it was fun to See key K hernandez out there, pitching which we have seen him do several times over the last couple of years as a position, player had the helmet on out there as he was, pitching didn't want to get. HIT i don't blame, Him but how about this fun fact About keith A.
Speaker 3: Hernandez he is.
Speaker 6: The ONLY mlb player in the modern era to score multiple, runs play multiple.
Speaker 3: Positions he came in relief at first and then.
Speaker 6: Pitch there's multiple, positions and have his scoreless outing on the, mound all in the same game that he didn't even start, again score multiple, runs play multiple, positions and have a scoreless outing on the, mound all in the same game that.
Speaker 3: You don't even. Start KEITH.
Speaker 6: K A hernandez of The dodgers is the Only Major League baseball player in the modern era to have accomplished. That that's a pretty darn cool stat For KEY k A, hernandez and that kind of just shows you where The dodgers were at. Tonight, now are they gonna score fifteen runs again tomorrow and then On friday and then On. Saturday, No but this is one of those Games i'd like to call a get right. Game you get right, offensively you get right, defensively you get right pitching, wise and collectively as a. Group you get right for the start of an either streak or to continued, streak and to finish off a team like The Miami marlins. TOMORROW a get right game for The dodgers is what they, needed where they just take out their frustration on a, team and they did the night against The Miami. Marlins fifteen, runs eighteen, hits six, doubles two home, runs one from Sho, hey one From Andy, pajez collective up and down the lineup guys contributing seven Different dodgers driving in, runs and a bullpen that came in and helped out as best they. COULD i, mean you could not have drawn this up really any better if you Were Mark pryor to the pitching staff And Dave roberts the manager to have what happened. Tonight hopefully guys get out of, slumps jump start them offensively at the. Plate Mookie betts two for Four tonite had a two run single in the. Third he's now got hits in three straight. Games maybe he's turned the. Corner The marlins are the best team to feast on because they're not really.
Speaker 3: Good The pirates low hanging.
Speaker 6: Fruit you feast on these, teams you take advantage of them. Now certainly when they bring a position player, in it's. Different Andy po's hit a home. Run it's gonna go still as a home run in the. Books we get that it's off a position. Player but top to bottom a game The dodgers needed, offensively and they are erupt for season highs and runs hit and stolen. Bases four stolen bases tonight for A dodger team that has had trouble in the base. Pass good defensive. Plays Keiky ahernan is a great pick at. First Freddie freeman in a couple of great saves over at first. Base Tommy edman made a nice play at, Second Mookie betts had a nice play at. Shortstop the outfield did their. Job an all around really good effort from This dodgers team. Tonight one of those get right games is they've now won four in a, row first place atop the, division and tomorrow they look to finish off The Miami mars with guess who on the Mound Tony. Gonsolin i'm fired up to have the catman. Back it's a nooner out Of Dodger. Stadium it's The Miami. Marlins BUT i couldn't be more fired up to see What Tony gonsolin does. Tomorrow he's had a few minor league rehab starts IN Triplea Oklahoma. City he got better every single time. Out in a conversation on the pregame show With David vasse last night in the series opener against The, marlins he talked about coming, back what it means to, him shaved, head new, look he can't wait to get back on the. Mound he even Told david if you missed the interview, podcast that it's really. Insightful he mentioned about how he was ready to go In october last year that his rehab and his ramping up was at the point where he was good to go Last, october but The dodgers just did not want to push him, back didn't want to force him, back didn't want to have to go to. Him and you, know sometimes you come back from an, injury it's slow to come. Back look At sandy Al, contra one of the best pitchers in, Baseball Tommy john, surgery and Now sandy Al contra looks like he's. Normal he looks human out, there whereas he was one untouchable Pitcher Cy Young award winner in twenty twenty two for The. Marlins he looked very average out there. Tonight but he's coming back From Tommy john. Surgery he's just now what six starts back from missing all of last year From Tommy john. Surgery the results may not be there early, on AND i think that was a smart move looking back on it. Now, certainly you win A World series championship and everything looks. Great but if they were to have Brought Tony gonsolin Back october last year and maybe things don't go, good maybe he's got AN outi where he gives up four or five, Runs it's not a smooth return For Tony. Gonsolin In october, one The dodgers knee, pitching and that's the last thing they. Needed it was somebody to go out there and give up runs and. Two confidence, wise you could have really hurt.
Speaker 3: Him so the.
Speaker 6: Fact that they won a championship without having to go to him is. Huge and now he comes back with a clean slate in twenty twenty. Five zero pressure on him right. Now i'm excited to see what he looks. LIKE i want to see the Dominating Tony gonsolin from twenty twenty two where he was An All star At Dodger. Stadium he was sixteen and one with The sub three era and he was one of the best dang pitchers in. Baseball twenty three was a rough, year BUT i think he had dead arm and the arm was progressively getting worse and he was out there fighting through. It ultimately the arm gave out on him In august.
Speaker 3: To twenty twenty. Three missed all of last.
Speaker 6: Year but he is back AND i am fired up to see What Tony gonsolin has, tomorrow what he makes to. Start it may not be seven shutout, innings just don't have that, expectation BUT i want to see him out there with his. COMMAND i want to see him out there with some. VELOCITY i want to see him out there attacking the strike. Zone if he gets hit around a little, bit it's not the end of the.
Speaker 3: World It's.
Speaker 6: April but to have now another, Starter god willing he stays healthy and comes back and progressive and ramps up even more and builds up that arm strength even more to where mentally and physically he fills good back out there every five or six. Days, man you talk about a shot in the arm for This dodger, rotation no pun. Intended it's huge to Get Tony gonsolin back AND i have fired up to see the catman make his return after twenty months back on the mount tomorrow for This dodger pitching step eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the. Number eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five. Seventy let's hear from the, Manager Dave roberts coming. Up we'll check in With Jose. Mota we'll get to your phone, calls and in case you missed it earlier, Today Eric carrows was on With petro some money and had a really insightful take on The dodgers' bullpen usage and the amount of innings that have starting to rack up for This dodger's. BULLPEN i don't want to SAY i was the first one to talk about, it BUT i was the first one to bring this up a few weeks ago here On Dodger, talk AND i, Said i'm just raising the. Hand, Okay i'm just bringing this. Up the, usage it's starting to become. Something we're starting to see some innings pile up On dodger. RELIEVERS i don't know how sustainable this. Is Seen it's at Mid april and you still got five months of a season to. Go it kind of feels like we're gonna burn out some arms by the time we get to The All star. Break you're gonna want to hear From Eric carrolls because you got some great insight earlier today on five SEVENTY La. Sports let's go back out To Dodger. STADIUM i imagine a very happy manager In Dave. Roberts after The dodgers set a season high with fifteen runs in a fifteen to two win over The, marlins he.
Speaker 2: Said What Mats salidatory you, guys considering where you Pull, SUNDAY.
Speaker 7: I can't say enough about his. Performance got his first major league, win which was, great and to chew up five innings was was big. Efficient we needed every bit of it considering you, know as you, said where our pen is, at the leverage, guys and with another game to, play then going into ten in a. Row so What matt did today picked us up big.
Speaker 2: Time sided with how big wasten.
Speaker 7: To come back to, Three i'll con they squared in the first, setting it was, big you. Know and and He's sandy's on his way. Back you, know he's he's coming Off Tommy john and he's a guy that we really respect and he's still trying to find his. Footing but to be able to you, know score three runs after we gave up too early says a lot about the offense and where we're. At and then to continue to tack on and you, know get some starters out of the game to stay away from some other leverage. Guys uh was was big and puts in a good spot for tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Day if you're talking About, friday you're talking about finding the offensive identity and getting back to consistency and how much there was obviously a lot of runs to, night but the eight.
Speaker 3: Walks how much was that nice to?
Speaker 7: Say it's who we, are it's IT'S i think the LAST i don't know how many, games but you, know just, recently it just seems like team, wise we're being the, Starter we're creating stressful, innings we're taking. Walks, situationally we've been good and and this is all the while a few guys are still just trying to find their footing and getting. Untracked and so this is what we potentially can, do and you just give yourself a fighting chance when you can kind of take those at. Bats let's just.
Speaker 6: Those Guys Potato andy's are getting going opens and centre is it once they were a kind of.
Speaker 7: You, KNOW I i don't know, exactly BUT i will SAY i think that there is some type of commonality And andy And tao's success. Together they certainly have a big brother the little brother. Relationship and you, Know tao obviously has established himself as An All star and has been a mentor To, andy and so For andy to, perform there is a little something of you, Know i'm still the big, brother AND i still you, Know i'm still the, guy you. KNOW i don't know if it's obviously, friendly BUT i do think that those guys are continuing to push each, other which is fun to.
Speaker 6: Watch All, right There's Dave roberts talking about the leadership IN. Tascar He nandez talking about really What Matt sour did, tonight and he was fantastic for The dodgers who needed somebody to eat, innians and he did five, innians one, run five, hits four. Strikeouts dodgers win, big fifteen to two over The Miami marlins's. Nave now one four in a. Row there now twenty and ten on this. Season we'll take a, break we'll come. Back we'll get to your phone. Calls we'll hear From Jose mota and want you to hear From Eric, carross who had a great insightful take on The dodgers', bullpen which now going into the night's game had one hundred and twenty six innings already combined pitched and we haven't gotten To may. Yet we'll hear From, Ek we'll hear From jose and you As dodger talking continues on This tuesday, Night dodgers winners of four in a. Row they beat up on The marlins fifteen to. Two right here ON anti SEVENTY La. Sports live everywhere on The iHeartRadio APP.
Speaker 1: Am five SEVENTY La. Sports be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes Of Dodger talk all of those. Things SEARCH am five to seventy on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App we're streaming.
Speaker 1: Online we stream every game. Too come find. It back To Dodger talk ON am five SEVENTY La. Sports on the right handed lines with the left. Showing he drills one deeep to right.
Speaker 4: Field that ball's gone a laser beam into a pole pen on the right field, corner And otani's got home run numbers sevenly ties the. Game what an absolute rocket one hundred and fourteen point one miles.
Speaker 1: Per hour off the.
Speaker 4: Back he just absolutely.
Speaker 3: Obliterated that baseball look out in the.
Speaker 6: Pavilion Showy otani his seventh home run of this season that tied.
Speaker 3: The game in the.
Speaker 6: First The dodgers would go on and put a fifteen spot on the. Scoreboard Andy patys went deep in the eighth, inning his sixth of the, season as The dodgers beat The marlins fifteen to. Two Daniels jeliers presents the home run forecast god to a five to SEVENTY la sports Dot com keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty Dollars Daniels jewler's gift card just by predicting the number of home runs in the next.
Speaker 3: Game Daniels jewelers own the. Dream let's check it With.
Speaker 1: Hose it's time to go around the horn With Hostane.
Speaker 6: Moda, wow everything went right, Tonight. Jose one of those get right games for The dodgers on, offense, defense running the base, pass and certainly on the, MOUND a bullpen game in which you Use Keithy hernandez laid Because Matt soer was Pac man out there tonight just gobbling Up.
Speaker 3: Indians it was.
Speaker 2: So fun to. Watch and you know some of the offensive side where Now dodgers are doing a better job responding to the opponents scoring. Early and that's because you don't never forget how you want a. Ballgame and this goes back to yesterday on how they won that, ballgame the momentum coming from that ball game into today doing their study On Sandy, ankount not only on holl a counter a pitcher where his stuff is. Today but also on the base Running sandi Al contra had allowed seven stolen. Bases no one cuts stealings so, far and it was not a matter of let's see in way if he varies, anything because Remember clayton McColl is on the other side and he understands quite well the plan on the running side From dave robertson company. Now but they were on and. Going it was, like why waste, Time he's, saying, guy he wants to throw a. Strike he's coming back From Tommy john and there's so many more things in his. Mind so great. Job take a momentum from yesterday and today in fundamental, baseball AND i, mean Sour what else can we say about?
Speaker 8: Him?
Speaker 2: TIM i mean the guy that you know comes in and you're hoping to get two or three out of. Him That Jack dryer much better himself, too and That curbo really biting so. Well BUT i can't say enough for a guy that may have gave you five. Innings sweet it. Up it sounded more like a piggyback top of game than anything.
Speaker 6: Else, Right, yeah, yeah no doubt With Matt sower out there to get as many innings as, possible and he gets five to nightline one run on five hits while striking out. Four seven Different dodgers drove in runs. Tonight Ta Oscar hernandez four for, five two, doubles four ribbies now leads baseball with thirty one ribbies on this. Season very, quietly Ta Oscar hernandez really good baseball, player but also a great leader for This dodger.
Speaker 2: Team, well And Dave roberts said it so. Well his relationship With pie isn't where he's Taken pis and also Where pie has taken, him because if you're around those two in the, conversations it is quite. TOMEDIC i, mean hey are on each other about things that he just don't imagine they are. About they push each. Other and obviously two is johnsker And. ANDERS i think he's played with a bug, saying you know, WHAT i was not happy to stay with ninety one RBIs last. Year and he's really on a run to cutting down his. Swing his tommy has been perfect when he gets it to a little bit of. Trouble his tommy is off a little bit in loading and not on, time but also understand. Something even the bat later in the game against a position. Player he did not get out of his. Shell he got into staying inside the, ball going up the middle if the ball travels very. Well but, boy he is right now the machine the dollars have, needed and he's pretty much carrying the middle of that.
Speaker 3: LINEUP i can't wait for.
Speaker 6: TOMORROW i mentioned it a few minutes, Ago jose twenty Months October august of twenty twenty three is the last time we Saw Tony.
Speaker 3: Gonslin you mentioned The Sandy awk.
Speaker 6: Contra coming back From Tommy john surgery six seven starts into that doesn't look the, same but he'll get.
Speaker 3: There he's really good and one of the best in.
Speaker 6: Baseball For Tony gonsolin, TOMORROW i Told dodger, fans don't expect him to go out. There it's not gonna be a seven no hit. Innings what do you expect out Of Tony. Gonsolon what is a win For Tony gonsolon just going out there and pitching, tomorrow going out and taking them out in the first In what are you expecting out of?
Speaker 2: Him on the human, side with these guys that go through, this just getting the uniform on and being your name active again is a huge. Success, now once you get past, that it's, Like, Okay i've done this. BEFORE i don't want to be celebrated just for being here and taking the. BALL i want to go out there and. Contribute SO i would say that if he gives you a good four. INNINGS i, remember as you mentioned, too And i'm glad you mentioned this because On october there was a lot of talk about activating. Him in, fact in Late, september so he is far ahead Where sanduel Contra is was at this point last, year way From reev in terms of the months and time. Off So tony has been amped up for this kind of. Start AND i, Mean tony was so much fun to watch when he was healthy in twenty, two just dominating in and out of the, zone four different pitches of the split of the, curbowl stealing. Strikes and he's a guy that the fans. Love we all love because he works, fast he's on his. Game he doesn't yu with, velocity but he does throw very. Hard guy he, was you, know triple digits years ago in The mount Of. Leagues but, man he is an attraction AND i hope to see him go well and give you least a chance to win by who knows four or five innings and being economical and just having a good pace on the mound.
Speaker 3: Hose appreciate.
Speaker 6: It we'll check in with you, tomorrow hopefully after a successful outing From Tony gonsolin and a fifth Straight dodger.
Speaker 3: Win appreciate.
Speaker 2: It Del gatto's back gotto is.
Speaker 6: Back there he Goes Jose Moda dodgers with the win, tonight fifteen to two over The Miami marlins eight, six six nine eighty seven to two five seventy is our number seven Different dodgers driving in runs season hive fifteen runs, scored season high eighteen hits combined in this game for The, dodgers and a season high four stolen bases for This dodgers team, tonight to go along with some really good defense and the bull. Tonight Jack dryer two, Innings Matt sour five, Innings luis carcn, inning and Then Keiyky hernandez out there wearing a, helmet picked up an inning of relief going into tonight's. Game got to point out where The dodgers' bullpen was going into this bullpen game now, AGAIN i can't say it. Enough Matt soer eating those five innings was outstanding for The dodgers and exactly what A dodgers bullpen. Needed that leads the major leagues going into tonight with the most innings pitched one hundred and twenty six major league innings worked so far By dodger relievers going into tonight's. Game you put that together with early season injuries To Blake, Snell Tyler, glass, now short outings From dodgers, starters the fact that it is the beginning of the year and you don't have pitchers completely ramped up going six or seven, innings so already they're on short leashes in Late march And april to start a. Season you factor all that, together you can see why The dodgers have him majorly leading one hundred and twenty six innings pitched with their bullpens and leading heavily on guys Like Jack dryer And Ben casparius to help out This dodgers' bullpen and to use arms Like Luis.
Speaker 3: Garcia it's what.
Speaker 6: The dodgers, do find arms to eat up innings to help them over the course of one hundred and sixty.
Speaker 3: Two we've seen it for years.
Speaker 6: Now go back to The Joe blantons of the, World Brandon morros of the. World they get used by The, dodgers they go somewhere else after, success and quite, frankly they just aren't the same with their arms and their abilities that they were with The. Dodgers Eric carross was on With petro Some money ON afi seventy earlier.
Speaker 3: Today we love ek A, dodger.
Speaker 6: Great La, dodger all time home run, leader great, guy great. Broadcaster you see him On, fox you see him on sports in AT.
Speaker 3: La was on the broadcast.
Speaker 6: Tonight who, knows maybe drive home listener right now as he heads To Manhattan. Beach Eric carross was on earlier today and the guys asked him about the usage of the, bullpen which everybody who seems to want to start talking about, now even THOUGH i was ahead of the curve two weeks, ago but everybody wants to talk about the usage of the bullpen and can The dodgers do this the rest of the. Season Here's Eric carross earlier. Today take a.
Speaker 8: Listen it's not just the pitches that they throw out on the, field right it's in the, game so it's getting up in the. Bullpen it's throwing those pitches as. WELL i mean there was a there was a pitcher that pitched in the seventies and a Great Puerto rican guy for The, Pirates John. Candelaria he was like six foot, seven, lefty, filthy and then he was a closer later on a, reliever and he was with us in ninety two WHEN i was with The dodger And tommy was talking, about you, know, hey come, on you've only thrown, this and he breaks out a pad of paper and on this thing he's got every time that he got up in the bullpen and threw pitches and he goes these count. Two and so the point is when it's not just what we see out on the, mound that there's a lot more going into it as far as these guys getting. Worked so The dodgers are the most used. Bullpen at least they were going into last night they had the Most. Indians so that is that's not. Sustainable it's fine, now and you, know sure there's going to be a hiccup here and, there but for the most part bullpen has been, outstanding, right, Yeah and so when you get To july and then you're going, like oh my, goodness you know this guy he's not good. Anymore and this guy's not good, anymore and they Can't, well it's because you wore everybody out In april And, may AND i don't look at The dodgers won't get into. That they. Don't that's why they make all the pitching moves that they, make and it's why you, have you, know guys coming up already that you, know you're probably not really familiar.
Speaker 5: With name, wise that's going to.
Speaker 8: Happen throughout the, Years gonna happen all. Year that's just what They that's just what they. Do they have a plethora of, arms and if they don't have, them they'll go out and they just like they signed the kid the other, day was? It Go mi guy from The yankees comes in and throws you, know if you go back to last, Year Danelson, Lamette, lamette Dan Nelson, Lamett, yeah that was the guy from The. Padres he was a, pitcher you, know years ago and.
Speaker 5: Anything he had three, Saves like who remember the guy they hug out on the, Mound like that's you're gonna have that all year to eat up innings and you're gonna have to do that to get through the, season.
Speaker 3: All, right.
Speaker 6: Exactly he's exactly, right and that's why The dodgers are as good as they are and going out and Getting Brent. Honeywells danelson laments guys that are designated for, assignment guys who are pitched in the big leagues that they can get some confidence back with and bring in and have him come in and pitch and, relief have him pitch in a blowout, game have him pitch in consecutive, days and not worry about their usage because quite, frankly they're being used as regular season arms most likely not going to be around In, october or a part of a twenty six man roster or a part of a bullpen.
Speaker 3: Group The dogs as they were.
Speaker 6: Last, october being counted on to close out games or pitch In game four or five of A World. Series you, know we're just not gonna see Probably Noah davis And DeAndre, gomez these kind of guys pitching In. October, now there would be times that we get, surprised like An Anthony bonda is a great example at Alex.
Speaker 3: Vesia not household names have.
Speaker 6: Had certainly a lot of opportunities in the major leagues with other. Organizations dodgers pick them, up they catch, fire they become high leverage relievers all of a, sudden and now there are pretty much mainstays in the. Bullpen vessi And Anthony. Bonda nobody Knew Anthony bonda was two years. Ago Alex vessio before he came to The dodgers wasn't a household. Name but they became household because they worked their way into this bullpen rotation and in high leverage. Situations not to say these other guys we just mentioned. Couldn't not That Matt sower. Couldn't he was great tonight five. Innings but, again the uses of The dodgers', BULLPEN i have to believe there is a strategy, there As Eric carrolls, mentioned and there is some, knowledge and there's a lot of history. There they know what they're doing as far as the usage of these guys in the, bullpen what arms they are, using and who could they can also bring in at various times of the. YEAR i did allude to this a few weeks, ago the amount of players they can go to in the minor, leagues the minor league.
Speaker 3: Prospects so to.
Speaker 6: Speak They ben Casparius is and The Jack dryers you know there isn't that just plethora of guys waiting to come up and be contributors like there was the last couple of years With Casparius, Dryer Kyle, Hurt Michael, Grove, River Ryan, Guys, Image, Sheehan Young arms that we got to, Know Landon, Knack Bobby. Miller these are all Young dodger pitchers either hurt or in THAT nax, case In Bobby miller's case back down IN, Tripaa Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: City but, again The.
Speaker 6: Dodgers know what they're, doing very confident that they'll go out and get guys to eat up innings when. Needed and tonight you saw a great example of that In Matt sour and a typically cap to him out Of Santa maria for what he did, tonight and awesome to see him get the game ball and the game card from the game tonight and he picks up his first major league. Win that is so cool to. See All, right that's gonna do it for Postgame Dodger.
Speaker 3: Talk thanks To Colin.
Speaker 6: Ye thanks to you for being a part of the show listening and podcasting as.
Speaker 3: Well we certainly appreciate.
Speaker 6: That, again you can find it always on The iHeartRadio app or whatever platform you Download Dodger talk and. Listen make sure you're back with us. Tomorrow dodgers back at it as they close out the homestand look to wrap up the three games sweep of The Miami marlins and certainly look to keep pounding on the. Fish what they did Tonight dodgers fifteen runs on eighteen hits and a fifteen to two win over The marlins is they're now twenty and ten overall and back at top THE Nl, west all alone in first place of the.
Speaker 3: Divisions back at it.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow it's a. Neonter we'll get it all started With Morongo. Casino dodgers on deck at eleven, am first pitch at twelve. Ten until, then have a great Say Fresh year On tuesday.
Speaker 3: Night so, long, everybody