Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: If you're about KRC Detalk station, Happy Monday a vacation.
Speaker 3: I had no.
Speaker 2: Idea was Yeah, I kind of feel that way myself. Brian Thomas wishing everyone day very happy Monday. Thank you Joe Strekker for the SoundBite and for lining up Christopher Smithman every Monday at seven twenty eight, the former vice mayor of the city, since he joins us to vent his spleen. The smither vent is what we call it on the heels of my father doing it for a long long time, and I know Christopher always says he's honored to sort of step in the shoes and my dad and giving them. Yesterday was Father's Day, and thank you to my family for a wonderful, wonderful Father's Day. Was enjoyable, spending time with my children and my wife Peach Cobbler.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it was so good. But just I missed my dad. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I posted a picture on Facebook my dad, picture of my dad and me. And of course Father's Day takes on a sort of a different I don't know, tone or something like that, looking for the right word when you lose your father. So but Dad, up there, I was thinking about you.
Speaker 1: A lot yesterday.
Speaker 2: So anyhow, I hope you celebrated Father's Day and in a good way, and that for all the fathers out there actually take the time and effort and set a good example for their children. God bless each and every one of you, because certainly that was my father. Today Monday, Monday, Brian James comes up at eight oh five talk Futures, talking about price of oil. The Iran Israel bombings are really impacting the futures in oil, fed interest rate announcement and a record number of people claim social security shocking no one who understands that all the baby boomers are retiring and going on so's security. And we'll hear from the since Adiva today Case cares at eight forty some updates from the VA and some important information from my veteran friends out there. God bless you, timber one of you two five and three seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk hit pound five point fifty if you have an AT and T phone anyway you the the shooting of these two Minnesota lawmakers. Of course, there's a million things going on in the world, most notably uh the conflict between Israel and Iran got a lot of information on that to pass along this morning. But this vance balter guy charged with murdering state Representative Melissa Hortman and her husband and for shooting Senator John Hoffman and his wife. He apparently had a manifesto. We haven't seen that yet, didn't release it. Apparently had a whole long list of other people who are on his hit list. Batcrap and sane. I think we can all agree on that.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: He was arrested yesterday evening, ending a two day man hunt. They received a tip about a possible sighting of this almost FCC non compliant utterance from me near a wooded area of a place called Sibley County, sixty miles southwest of Minneapolis. Officers closed in and he reportedly followed commands, crawling toward them, apparently armed too, but he gave up. Police Chief Mark Burley of the Brooklyn Park Police just down at the scene where he was taken it to custody. There were twenty different SWAT teams over an extremely large area hunting this individual down. So charged with murder, of course they were if she was an elected official. And this is what's got me a lot of people all wigged out. I guess I have to ask, are you wigged out? I know Sarah herringers wigged out given that a guy who should have been arrested kicked in the door and murdered her husband. But let's pivot over to Congress. I saw this axious article summarizing the concerns expressed by our elected officials on a congressional level. Long simmering fight over congressional security roared back to the surface this weekend following a pair of shootings against Minnesota state legislators at their homes that left two dad and two others hospitalized. The shootings have deeply unnerved members of Congress, who feel that any one of them could be the subject of an unanticipated attack, particularly at home, in their districts and while in transit. Now, congressional leaders don't enjoy personal security. Joe, do you have personal security at your home? You have your own team of agents that are there to protect you against kick ins and things like that.
Speaker 1: I know the answers. No do I.
Speaker 2: Neither is any member of my listening audience unless they have paid for that for themselves. Apparently, if you're the CEO of a medical insurance company. You can get your head blown off the middle of the street. A lot of people are gonna run around and praise and celebrate the person who murdered you.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Rank and file members of Congress renewing a push for greater security, arguing for their own details, greater safety measures at their homes and at airports, and more stringent measures to hide their sensitive details. Details that you can't hide. Anybody can know where you live. Just search on the auditor's website. That's kind of weird, isn't it. And it's a public record. We have public records in this country. Used to be in the old days before the Internet, you had to go down of the Cameron County Courthouse, but you could ask for the information and give it that it would be given to you because it's considered public information. Now, just in an elected capacity, you're going to get greater security than every other American who struggles with perhaps security. How's your neighborhood in terms of safety. I know there's many residents of the City of Cincinnati certain neighborhoods with a massive increase in crime. Sarah Henderger will tell you all about it, or Herringer other I got a new statement from her, just issued a couple of days ago over the weekend, talking exactly about that. Apparently we've been lied to in terms of statistics on crime in downtown Cincinnati. Something tells me the mayor and city council is interested in well concerns over marketing. You don't want to let the world know the city of Cincinnati he's got higher crime. Oh my god, we won't be able to get more urban hipsters and move down into the city of Cincinnati. We won't be able to have this walking community that we all law think about and want well, at least from their perspective. Axios right, and the shooting sent shockwaves through Capitol Hill, which Center majority leader Chuck Schumer said he's asking for increase in security for Senators Amy Kloba Sharp Minnesota and Tina Smith Minnesota. She had this crazy guy in Minnesota killing two Minnesota lawmakers. So Chuckie Schumer is asking for increased security for Minnesota senators as if that's the only state where crime you might be a concern for elected officials. Hakeem Jefferies, House Minority Leader New York said he asked for security officials to ensure the safety of our Minnesota delegation and the operative word in the sentence members of Congress across the country. Representative Bernie Benny Thompson Mississippi, I call on the Capitol Police to assist in providing real solution for increased security for members. He apparently had a security detail of his own back in twenty twenty two as chairman of the January sixth Committee. So you get security depending on the type of committee that you're chair of.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: He expects full cooperation and resources from the Republican leadership. We just, according to Representative Jared Moskwitz from Florida Democrat, speaking of axios, we're just as exposed as Hartman was. We have no more security than she does. You know, Capitol Police is not equipped for four hundred and thirty five members to keep them safe.
Speaker 1: He said. It's not their fault.
Speaker 2: Things have changed, and as Congress becomes less functional in general, we can't even function to keep ourselves safe. That's a quote what's changed, and I think we all might fully appreciate what's changed. I mean, I always go back to social media. You can't even call it discourse, can you? The elevated level of anger the No Kings rally over the weekend, which largely peaceful, just raging against the machine. And is it now out of the system. The folks that showed up with the No Kings rally, I mean, if they feel like they have made a point or I mean it was I guess overall rather well attended hundreds of thousands of people across the entire country, which is made up of three hundred and fifty million people. So I would like to point out you can get a slice of the population to show up at literally anything if you well, we have a well funded campaign to get the message out. A lot of folks angry out there. But are we going to have now professional details of security for each and every member of Congress? Are we going to pay for that as American taxpayers? And they're supposed to represent us? So I pivot over to Sarah Harringer, who obviously could have used her own security detail at her home and her husband got stabbed to death. She said independent data analysts that she's working with well showing what's real, pulling data directly from the Cincinnati Police Department records, calling the data staggering referring to members of since a city council and the mayor. They feel safe enough of their jobs, their beds, and their pr teams to lie to you because the optics matter more than outcomes. Let's talk about what the police union told me, Sarah Harringer departments on hundred eighty officers. Short city failed to hire a new police from eight twenty eight to twenty fourteen, and we're never and have never recovered. Leadership hasn't been able to recruit enough to keep up with retirement. We don't even have a full time swat team because someone's afraid it might look too militant. Officers often don't know when violent offenders are released. She knows first first hand on that one, doesn't She that communication used to exist. It doesn't now. Morale is low, support is lower, and politics are getting people killed, she says.
Speaker 1: Let me remind you.
Speaker 2: City council's funded public safety initiatives for years was zero accountability, no money spent, or rather money spent with no follow through, no proof of outcomes, just headlines and ribbon cuttings while the city bleeds out. My husband was one of them. And then she produces the statistics would show how bad crime actually is in the city based upon the Cincinnai Police Department records. Despite what you've been told, thirteen thousand victims in twenty twenty five and climbing, she writes a twenty five percent spike from twenty twenty four. It's a dangerous world out there. I guess this is my conclusion on all this. And who's entitled to security and protection and safety? Our elected officials are going to get their own already, details appears that we're moving in that direction after the murder of these Minnesota this Minnesota lawmaker and her husband. You can see that coming a mile away, can't you. Meanwhile, we will live through this whole defund police police are all bunch of evil, racist blah blah blah, and our communities become less safe. And you know, the practical reality is when seconds count, even in a fully funded, fully staffed police department, they're at least minutes away, which of course leads to the broader point. You need to protect your own You need to be in a position to protect yourself. You need to be less reliant on those in elected capacity to protect your interest in literally any topic. The dysfunction is on full display right now, folks. It's just one of the reasons I call myself a little little libertarian. I do not believe that others can protect me or can make decisions on my behalf that represent the best interests of myself or my family. Only I have enough information to make those decisions. Five nineteen fifty five cars to the talk station five point three, seven four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two to three Talk pound five fifty on AH and T phones. Feel free to call. Maybe you disagree, maybe you agree, Maybe got something else you want to talk about. I'd love to hear from me. Be right back.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KARC. The talk station five cares to the talk vasas. That's what I.
Speaker 3: Know.
Speaker 2: It sounds stupid, Jones. Why I'm laughing. Just take that out. It's an admission that they have no idea, isn't it. Jay, Welcome to the morning show. In a very happy Monday to you, sir, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 4: I kind of feel bad about jumping line in front of Tom. I feel like Tom's my hero and I should be behind him in line.
Speaker 3: But I guess we'll take it.
Speaker 1: I'll take it. I enjoy hearing from you, Jay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Hey, wanted to bring up the deal that's going on with US steel. I read last night that Trump was over in Western Pa, over in Pittsburgh, talking about that somehow this deal with US steel going to a Japanese steel producer or some sort of arrangement with Nippon Steel, that under what he's called national security, that the federal government will have a quote golden share of US steel in order to make sure that it doesn't leave the country. And I'm looking at this and it's I'm not for this. And here's why. Cleveland Cliff is a Cleveland based, highly successful steel producer that made an offer on US Steel back in August and gave them a offered forty five percent premium over their existing stock price current stock price, and it was turned down by US Steel, and it was called unreasonable by US Steel. So the Japanese steel producers came in. And now the federal government is stepping in under a quote conservative which I think there's an argument there to say, is a Trump really a conservative? And now the US taxpayer maybe getting drug into subsidies for a steel producer that could have sold to a different steel producer. And now we've got the federal government starting to control the means.
Speaker 2: Of production, anticipating my comment, Jay, you just stole my thunder right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is how's how's this different than Beijing? How is moving towards communism, parting capitalism, free market economy and conservative principles. And we ought to be pretty concerned as we watch this as conservatives that we are, that this is not the small this is not the party a small government. Whenever the federal government can just throw down the flag on the field and say national security, we're going to get involved in. When I read this morning, he's talking about he'll have he Trump will have the control to say where this is going to be produced, what the name of it's going to be. He's going to point board holders or board members and appoint three of them that it can out rank the two that are there. Uh. Hey, if this is good for steel production, why stop there. Let's get involved in control healthcare, We'll control auto production. Um, we'll control everything. If if this is good for one thing, then I guess it's good for all things. And we are no different and we're gonna we're gonna quickly get to where Beijing is.
Speaker 2: Well, you can't call looking for an argument, Jay, I know I used that phrase quite often, but I'm with you one hundred percent. Yeah, it's not a question whose ox is being Gord. I know he is enjoying support from unions. But see, here's the reason. You have to compromise principles in order to help particular industries. And I note you know kind of a parallel that that Trump is deciding that maybe ICE shouldn't be going after certain industries like farms and meatpacking plants, hotels and restaurants to ferret out illegal immigrants. Why, well, he's concerned the industry would collapse without the employment of illegal immigrants in those particular industries. So pick and shoes, Pick and shoes, and in any case, it's all wrong. Excellent point, Jay, I'm glad you called and raised it. I don't think he necessarily still Tom's thunder. He may go in a different direction if he calls this morning, but it's an excellent point. Five twenty seven fifty five cares B Talk station. Feel free to chime in on the topic or others five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty eight two to three talk otherwise Local stories coming up next.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five krc AN iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Reds Jen and I first one on the forecast, partly cloudy day to day, chance of storms later this afternoon. I have eighty three partly cloudy overnight slight chance of showers in the wall of sixty five, some sun on Tuesday, maybe storms. Eighty six overnight clouds dry sixty nine and partly cloudy day Wednesday. They have no idea about the weather eighty six sixteen degrees right now that you have furta city talk station. All right, Joe Off, I'll scratch the line out which them acknowledges that they have no idea about the weather. All right, unsettled weather throughout the week has now been stricken from the weather forecast. Three eight, two to three talk before I get to Tom, who has called in this morning. A hilarious post from one of the protests rallies over the weekend. Thank you former Anderson Township trustee Drew Pappus for posting this one. We have a wife beat her T shirt clad woman holding up a sign that says Trump, no one paid us to be here, We hate you for free. Three strides back a man with a sign that says hate has never made any nation. Great, I feel like I'm getting mixed messages over to the phones. We go, Tom, Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning.
Speaker 6: How was your Father's Day?
Speaker 2: I had a great Father's Day, got spent time with my children, and of course my wife got a beautiful card for my wife and a beautiful card for my daughter and son, and that just really put a smile on my face.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 7: We did a little something Saturday morning with several of the kids, and then my daughter took me out for lunch yesterday.
Speaker 1: Just that's great.
Speaker 7: And there is there is something special for dads at the relationship.
Speaker 3: With her daughter.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 7: Not quite the same with the boys, but uh.
Speaker 1: It isn't you know, it is not it is.
Speaker 2: I love both my children to death, but there is some cool, neat different thing about the relationship with the.
Speaker 1: Father and daughter. And you're you're right on that, without question.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, se Uh the car she gave me and said, I love the fact that we don't have to say out loud that I'm your favorite child. Why why do you keep saying it out loud?
Speaker 1: That's great, that's great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, good time. And for Saturday, you know, being flagged.
Speaker 3: I just want to confirm, uh.
Speaker 7: That is the American flag we were celebrating, right, stars is right, not some of the other flags that we have seen waving at different rallies and protests and stuff.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 7: I have no problem with people being proud of their heritage.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 7: I know I've got some some different heritage from uh. I mean, I'm born here when many generations of my family were born here. But you know, that's that's fine. You know, let's let's let's celebrate some German heritage or or whatever. But you live in the United States of America, you should assimilate to the way of life here. Doesn't mean everybody has to do the same thing, but there are definitely certain things that we all need to embrace as reality. And it's it's just a shame that too many people trying to get rid of some of these things. And it's intentional. They're they're trying to bring about their own kind of society and they want certain things to go a certain way so they can have power and control. And the American way is it's very strong, but at the same time, it's it's very fragile and you know Reagan was right. It's only you know, it's only one generation away from being gone, and so we've got to do what we can to protect it. And I appreciate the words of Jay, although I will concern him if I'm your hero, you've got some serious problems. But I am quite certain that Jay would agree with me when I tell everybody you want to protect this country, don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, run you two time. Happy Monday to you. I hope you have a great week. Five five fifty five Caro City Talk Station. Of course, that is stupid coming up. I enjoy hearing from you, though maybe you got a comment or to feel free to call be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station, Caroline Barega.
Speaker 2: That's FI thirty nine and a happy Monday to you. Five one thirty seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred e two three TA found by fifty on AT and T phones. Never forget five KARC dot com, get your iHeartMedia app. And I hope you enjoyed the coulping shooting the ships infest over the weekend. I hope you went there as opposed to attending one of the rallies. I was a pleasure of being at the flag retirement ceremony in Union Township. Really just a I just enjoy this the ceremony itself. It's nice being a part of it fifteen years in a row. Thanks to the Vietnam Veterans Association for sponsoring that, and the shout out to Steve Tam who started the whole idea about properly retiring flags. Take a look at your flag. I hope you display one, but when it looks tattered, it looks faded, it looks worn. If it's ripped, it needs to be taken down and replaced with one that is new and suitable for flying. There is an appropriate way to take it down. It's an appropriate way of retiring it. And that's what we learned all about over the weekend. So an enjoyable celebration, one filled with patriotism and respect.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, let's get to the stacker. Stupid.
Speaker 2: We got a pure Arizona woman in Arizona sentenced after facing charges for driving her truck through a park full of children and running over a twelve year old girl.
Speaker 8: Do what the hell.
Speaker 2: Maerkop accunty attorney Rachel Mitchell announced Saturday, thirty one year old Brandy Gotch had been sentenced to ten years in prison for an assault that happened in February of last year. Thorty Say, Gotcha's kids were allegedly fighting in the park with other children egging them on and recording the whole thing. God showed up the pick of her children while walking them to her truck. A boy at the playground reportedly called her a name, please say. Gotch grabbed the boy by the hair, pulled his head back and forth into the side and back and forth, yelling at him. Court paperwork said that she then grabbed a sharp stick from her truck and ran after another boy, yelling, I Am going to kill you and run you over. Just a man, Joe the should say. Gotch and her kids got into the truck while the second boy stood behind and mocked her. Gotch then backed out of the parking space, revved her engine and drove toward the boy and his sister. Boy jumped out of the way, but his sister's legs were run over. Gotch continued to drive the truck through the park, which had over a dozen children there. At the time, some of whom had to get out of the way. Part of the incident, of course, caught in a sad hell phone camera. Police said they attracked her down to her home and arrested her. During an interview with detective, she said it allegedly started because she saw preteens which I think is an operat word here considering their little children, throwing wood chips at three of her children, and believed one of them punched her ten year old daughter, Joe. Your reaction would be to run him over. It's just like a natural reaction. But to children throwing and having disagreement, hey, let's get in the car run them over. She told police she confronted the group and they called her a slur, so she grabbed one of the boy and told him not to call her that that would be the grabbing him by the head and yanking his head back and forth.
Speaker 1: It was described any complaint.
Speaker 2: She did admit to getting a stick and walking toward another boy who called her a slur, but claims she never threatened him. Police said, got you admitted of putting her truck quote aggressively into reverse and then in drive before going through the park. She said she didn't think she ran over the girl and said, I hope I didn't. Yeah, that would be the feeling as though you're driving over a speed bump. Yeah, that was the little girl's legs. She claimed her children being bullied by the group of kids and had reported it to the school and police, but she claimed no action was taken. Charge of three counts of evaggravated assault. According to the attorney, this could have been much more trades of situation. Thankfully, the worst injury in this was a sprain ankle and some bad scrapes and bruises. Even when angry or frustrated, it's up to adults to act like adults. It's never okay to take a rage out on a kid.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 9: The biggest two sho of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche them. Good going, Douce, your dreams have come true.
Speaker 2: In an Analogus Stacker Stupid story, we go to Palm Coast, Florida, where a woman was arrested after the Flagler County Sheriff's Office said she drove her car on a multi use path in order to chase a teenager riding on an electric bicycle just fourteen year old boy gauge Ellis, speaking of local news, it was really scary because I looked back at the headlights and like, that's not supposed to be there right. Nine one month call said the woman, sixty five year old Julia Calfoff, was chasing the teenager on the e bike and the Pine Lake path used for bicycles and pedestrians. Nine one one caller said that they'd cut off her vehicle in order to prevent her from continuing to chase the teen Deputies responded to the scene, where the caller said that he noticed the teenager attempt to flag down passing motorists as her SUV was six to ten feet behind him. Fourteen year old said, I swerved over and onto the road and I waved someone down, but they later kept driving and another witness has stayed and helped me out. That was the witness to cut her off and let me go. Teenager's parents found out about the incident of the next day, reported law enforcement. Victim's mom. I'm furious as the mother and as an adult. There's no way on God's green Earth that that's okay.
Speaker 1: Or that's acceptable.
Speaker 2: Gotthall told deputies she chased the teenager because she was not happy with the teenager for riding his e bike too fast and wanted to speak with the victim's parents do what. Victim told deputies that kathoffa had screamed at him, cut him off, and also nearly struck him. Deputies arrested Kathoff and charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill, and reckless driving. Also received a uniform traffic citation for driving on the multi use path, taken to the sheriff Perry Hall inmate detention facility, later released on a three thousand dollars bond. Flagner County Sheriff Ricky Staley, in his statement, said she caused a dangerous situation with a reckless aggressive behavior and could have seriously hurt or killed not just the child that she was chasing, but anyone who happened to be on the walking or biking and walking or biking on the path five forty six five care see de talk station. There's a refreshing word for a very peaceful place. It's time to reflect its Gate of Heaven. Catholic cemetery, warmer months, meaningful time to walk those beautiful grounds, to visit loved ones, connect with the peace and purpose of Gate of Heaven's mission, which is to affirm the sacredness of life at all times. It's more than a cemetery. It's a sacred space with the dignity of every person is respected and life is honored from beginning to end, whether through birth, life milestones, or passing into eternal life. Gate of Heaven recognizes and revers the sacredness of every phase of the human journey. Offers a tranquil landscape surrounding ideal for prayer, reflection, and remember. It's creating comforting experience for every visitor. More than a burial place, it's a sanctuary, a place set apart for prayer, healing and honoring legacy of life. Visit them online you can learn more Gate of Heaven dot org. That's gateof Heaven dot org.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC five fifty.
Speaker 2: One and fifty five KRC DE talk station Looking forward to hearing for Christopher Smithvan every Monday at seven to twenty with a Smith event that's coming up. Purse Money Money with Brian James and we're here from the VA at the tail end of the eight o'clock hour. Got some information passed along to my veteran friends out there and over to the Eastack is stupid.
Speaker 1: This is just so tragic.
Speaker 2: Texas's mother accused of killing her eight month old baby after plunging into a bath of scalding water because she was frustrated because he soiled his diaper, leaving the infant with burns and injuries that later led to his death.
Speaker 1: I can't believe this actually happened.
Speaker 2: Twenty one year old Jetoria Clemens facing charge of injury to a child manslaughter connection with the death of her son, Courtland Clemens. Happened in February, a coarn of the Hooks Police Department. Police announced Saturday that they were looking to take her into custody. If anyone sees Clemens or knows or whereabouts, please call nine to one ones and advise law enforcement. A corn to the press. Relief officers and deputies with Bowie County Sheriff's Office responded to the home for a medic assist call that day, found medical responders performing CPR on the baby. Upon their arrival. Clements allegedly staying with a relative Justice of Peace J. Warman, ordered that Courtland's body be sent to the Southwest Institute of Forensics for an autopsy, which listed his cause of death as thermal injuries i e.
Speaker 1: Scalding.
Speaker 2: Homicide Investigation Launch and Hooks Police Team double detectives at the Texas Arcana, Texas Police Department to probe the questioned clements. She allegedly admitted to giving her son an extremely hot bath while living at the residence in Texarkana. According to local news, she said she was frustrated with him because of the accident a baby defecating in diapers. I don't think that's an accident. Special place in Hell for people like that.
Speaker 1: Here you go.
Speaker 2: Described as an eccentric name, taking eccentric names to the next level and resulting in what is described as relentless mocking on the internet. The baby's name in the announcement chernyobyl Hope. What friend of the infant's mom or dad or both of them posted on the Internet, and many of which are calling it offensive and ridiculous. Baby Shower, Join us to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a little bundle of joy in honor of Chernyobyl Hope, Wait to celebrate together, according to the online invitation, and according to the article, it appeared as if the parents were unaware of the nineteen eighty six nuclear disaster in Chernobyl, Ukraine. Whatever, thank you, Liam. That's enough of that one. And finally we get local news. Brood fourteen out at about a Mason, Ohio bringing some uninvited guests in one of the tri States' biggest attractions, King's Island. Yes, they have cicadas in King's Island. They're everywhere, and they're actually kind of dying off now, Brood fourteen. Doctor Gene Kritsky from Mount Saint Joe University said this brood BREWD fourteen first seen by the Pilgrims in sixteen thirty four. There's a little bit of American history involved with this particular Brood.
Speaker 1: Said.
Speaker 2: They've been emerging a little later than we expected in some places. Batavia just had an emergence last week, whereas in Loveland they started two weeks ago. It seems like a lot longer than that'd, be quite honest with you. Over the weekend, several people shared their experience in TikTok of cicadas at King's Island, telling people to keep their mouths shut while enjoying the rides. Kritsky said, just enjoy the cicadas, and while you're on the ride, keep your mouth closed.
Speaker 1: Keep your stupid mouth shut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw an article last week there was an autobile accident because a cicada flew in the window of an automobile. They don't bite, they don't sting, they don't do anything. Really, They're just annoying. And yes, when you're cutting the grass, they will definitely hit you right on your T shirt. And I thought it was particularly comical. I was enjoying my father's day. My daughter came over and they have eleven chickens. She went around the yard collecting cicadas in a plastic bag to take home to feed the chickens, because they don't have cicadas ever in our neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Five fifty six fifty five KR see the talk station plenty coming up in the six o'clock hour, and I of course enjoy hearing from you, so please feel free to call hang around.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back at the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: Every day we discover something new and important.
Speaker 1: The day's top stories on fifty five KRS.
Speaker 10: The talk station the Claremont County veteran five or fifty five air CD talk station Brian Thomas were right here, fire on half of the cylinders this morning.
Speaker 1: At least that's the way I feel.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day For all the dads out there, God bless each and every one of you. Miss them, the ones that care, the ones that really make an effort. And I'm blessed to have had a father that fell into that category. I certainly miss him, and I know there's a lot of folks out there that missed their fathers as well. At least we had them, and you miss them because they had a profound impact on your life. Feel free to call. Got lots going on this morning? Five one, three, seven, five hundred and eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or Pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone fifty five care ce dot Comedy can't listen live, check out the podcast Tech Friday. Dave had always a very important segment, Scare the hell out if you, at least it should and you should take Dave's advice. Love having him on the show every Friday. Among other podcasts, are there coming up in the fifty five cares in Morning Shore This Morning Course, It's Monday. Christopher Smithman joins a program former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, every Monday at seven twenty. Talk with him for a few segments and he will probably have something to rant about.
Speaker 1: Monday Monday.
Speaker 2: Brian James talk futures, We'll talk price of oil, We'll talk to federal interest rate announcement, and a record number of people claiming Social Security, which come as no surprise to me, and given the baby boomers are all retiring and this Sincinnyva joins the program with tail end of the eight o'clock hour. Got some updates from my veteran friends in the listening audience. Turning to the comments and brilliant observations of Alyssa Finley over the Wall Street Journal, you know I do this. I stand on the sholder of giants from time to time, and with good reason and some really well thought out comments. She has in her column how progressive government set the stage for the la riots. Now go back to the Saturday night before Memorial Day and she writes, more than a thousand revelers took over an abandoned warehouse just south of downtown Los Angeles. When police tried to break up the illegal party, the troublemakers spilled into the streets and spray painted graffiti on businesses, police cars, and light rail trains. As police attempted to restore order, the delinquents turned violent. Police and riot gear eventually moved in and fired rubber bullets to disperse the mob, though no arrests were made. Court to Americ Karen Bass, it was just pandemodium. Everybody just you know, went bisark. We cannot do this in our city and it has to be stopped, Karen Bass, pro law and order. Two weeks later, pandemonium broke out again as agitators used the cover of protest against ICE and the raids to create mayhem. Mayor Baths tweeted we will not stand for this. This was the afternoon of June sixth, this time referring to the ICE raids as opposed to the pandemonium. Ruffians then grew more aggressive, vandalizing federal buildings and assaulting ICE officers. Local police took nearly an hour that evening to respond to a call for help by officers under attack. That will be Ice, saying local law enforcement. Please come help us. We're being attacked as demonstrations spread on Saturday, I'll be less violently than the day before. President Trump federalized the California National Guard to protect federal property and personnel, not enforced local law, but to protect the ice agents and federal property. You can understand why Governor Gavin Newsom would be picked by the President's assertion that the state and city couldn't be trusted to protect peace. It's human nature to take more offense at slights grounded in truth than those that aren't. Mister Newsom accused Trump of inflaming a combustible situation. Why was the city prone to ignite a lessa asks because progressive government policies, which ironically harm immigrants most of all, created a tinderbox. If mister Newsom and his bast cared for about the welfare of the immigrants, they'd clean up Los Angeles lawless streets, fix its atrocious public schools, and stop their assistance or assault rather on businesses. Start with public safety. Los Angeles Police Department has about thirteen hundred fewer officers than a decade ago, at about half as many per capita and nearly ninety percent fewer per square mile than New York City. You know, as I read that, initially, I was thinking about the city of Cincinnati. We're down on officers in terms of members of officers on patrol as opposed to those in administrative capacities or doing work behind the scenes. There are hardly any officers in any given neighborhood welcome to defund the police, she writes. An overstretched police force almost certainly explains why I took officers so long to respond to the call from Ice. Officers blame city leaders. The mayor of this spring proposed eliminating another four hundred police positions to close the city's eight hundred million dollar budget hole caused by ballooning pension costs and lawsuit payouts. The LAPD has struggled with low morale and recruitment owing to lax enforcement policy to let lawbreakers run free. That sounds a little bit like the City of Cincinnati to you. Crimes such as shoplifting, vandalism, disorderly conduct, and trespassing are rarely prosecuted. How many of the rioters have a history of looting businesses and vandalizing buildings With impunity, the police recruiting pool has also shrunk alongside LA's working class, as blue collar families leave for locales with better schools and lower cost of living. Los Angeles County HA has lost some one point four million people due to domestic out migration since twenty ten, which parenthetically has been offset in part by an influx of five hundred and thirty thousand presumably illegal immigrants, but many of those immigrants lack the qualifications high school diploma and legal authorization to work to serve in the city's police force. Many immigrants find work as day laborers, bus boys, or stockhands, but high minimum wages are pricing unskilled workers out of jobs, to the detriment of immigrants, young people, and public safety. Minimum wage in LA seventeen dollars and twenty eight cents. The state requires fast food restaurants to pay twenty dollars an hour. The Employment Policies Institute's Michael Saltzman calculates the California's unemployment rate for teens with twenty one point two percent in April, double the nationwide figure, and nine point seven percent for adults twenty to twenty four versus only seven point two on average for the rest of the country. How many of the rioters were unemployed or underemployed. Young people have been failed by the city's union controlled public schools. Nearly a third of students in this is insanity. Nearly a third of students in the Los Angeles Unified School District last year last school year were chronically absent, which is missing one in ten school days or more, from ten percent in twenty eighteen. A third worse, Only twenty one percent of the city's eighth graders scored proficient or higher in reading last year in the nation's report Card, only nineteen percent in math.
Speaker 1: Let that sink in.
Speaker 2: Twenty one percent proficient or higher, nineteen percent proficient or higher in math, and sadly, the scores were lower among Hispanics, who make up three quarters of the students. Parents are expressing their displeasure with the schools by moving, causing district enrollment to fall by a third since twenty ten. While Los Angeles County's population has declined by about sixty thousand since twenty ten, the number under eighteen has plunged by five hundred thousand, according to the Census Bureau data. Population flight presents a problem for LA's profligate politicians because federal funding for schools and sundry programs is based on population. I wonder why they're protesting the deportation of illegal immigrants. I mean, you know, she she sort of presents the obvious here, doesn't she? Oh my god, everyone's fleeing California. We need to replace our population. How the hell are we going to do with that? Open the borders up, and then protest deporting illegal immigrants, many of whom are island criminals. We need the numbers. We can't keep our own people here, the nation, citizenry, the legal people, people born here in the United States, people who are validly in our country. Don't want to live in California anymore. Let's give them all free stuff and things in order to lure them here and take over our communities. And then we'll scream and yelling riot in the streets when Immigrations and Customs Enforcement seeks to enforce the law. That would be me interjecting over Elisa Finley's interesting and wonderful comments here, she concludes, a cynic might wonder if the underlying goal of LA's sanctuary policy, which prohibits local law enforcement from cooperating with federal federal immigration enforcement is to boost population in federal funding. Huh, a cynic might wonder, No matter that immigrants are often victims of the criminal aliens, the cities shields from deportation, and there'll be the criminals of Donald Trump seeking to prioritize in terms of removing from our country, the vile, evil criminals, the rapists, the murderers, those that shouldn't have stepped foot in our country in the first instance. She concludes, mister Trump's raids may be unduly harsh, but democratic policies are cruel to immigrants in many other ways. Amen six sixteen fifty five care se Detalk station feel free to call. And they also need the illigrant illegal immigrant population to keep their number of House of Representative seats based on population, not citizens. Got pain, Get QC Kinetics on your side. Is it right for you? Well, I don't know. The folks at QC Kinetics medical professionals. They'll explain how their regenerative treatments can take your body's own healing properties and help restore damaged tissue right there without arthritis. Pain is knee pain, hit pain, back pain. Getting out of bed is a task for you. You can't pick up the kids, you can't play pickleball or whatever it is you do for activity. It's the activity is the problem, because that's what brings about the pain. It's ruining your life. You've been to the doctor, You've taken pain medications, you've done the steroid injections, the doctor has told you about surgery. How about talk taking QC kinetics on the option of the free consultation to find out if these well respected protocols will work for you, cellular level treatments that have helped tens of thousands of people, and some right here in Greater Cincinnati. They'd be honored to give you a hand. No masking the pain. They're going after the very source of the pain. So find out if you're a good candidate with this free consultation. Calm up schedule it five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine, five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three, eight four seven, zero zero one.
Speaker 8: Nine fifty five.
Speaker 2: Krc our hheard radio music festivals coming up at six if I have cares de talk stations. Springing from the comments of Alicia Finley in that op ed piece, the House of cards. It is California's entire economy, I suppose, predicated and built on illegal immigrants, and you deport them and the whole thing falls apart. Mayor Karen Bass complaining to President Trump about the financial cost of sending ICE agents into the jurisdiction. She is concerned about the expenditure of taxpayer dollars for ice agents. I'm concerned about the expenditure of taxpayer dollars on like a multitude of things, but on X she posted just an absolute shameful use of taxpayer dollars that could be used to actually help people. Despicable. That's the post help people. I guess you left to fill in the blanks on that one. It's like my puzzling over the No Kings rally over the weekend. What were you there protesting? We're protesting the enforcement of immigration law. You're protesting Donald Trump as a concept, as a human being, Trump arrangement, so syndrome, Trump living rent free in your head, prompting you to go out on a beautiful Saturday to protest for what reason. For his part, Governor Gavitussm with his own post on X one hundred and thirty four million dollars. Are you ready for this? That should be going to Los Angeles' fire recovery, ah, because of your incompetence and the mayor's incompetence, and your refusal to clean up brush and otherwise take care of the various forests around the region, allowing your infrastructure to collapse, allowing the electric transmission lines to spark fires. All of that we're supposed to pay for it, And the money allocated for ice and customs and immigration enforcement should go to you.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I guess that's what Bass meant by helping people help Los Angelinos deal with the with the with rebuilding. Social media blew up over Newsom and Bass posts White House Deputy chiefs of Staff for Policies Stefan Miller, wait till you find out how many trillions we have spent on illegal immigrants. Another post by campaign strategiest Andrew Clark, Now, do the nine billion dollars you drained out of our state treasury to fund your free health care for illegal immigrants scheme? Real money, real dollars. Recent studies reviewed by Fox News Digital show that California spends at least tens of billions on illegal immigrants every year. Far more than the one hundred and thirty four million dollar costs sending in troops to respond to the rioting. Now that was really what the point was a National guard sent in because the local law enforce it wouldn't protect ice from criminal actions, it wouldn't protect federal property. So somebody's got to spend some money to bring about law and order, at least in so far as protecting federal assets are concerned. Meanwhile, the predicate for all this, the illegal immigrants and notably the criminal element among them, are the purpose and reason that all this kind of came unglued. Federation of Army Immigration Reform fare cost analysis promoted by the House Budget Committee back in twenty twenty three in a press release, found that benefits and services provided illegal alliens in California alone in calendar year twenty twenty two more than twenty two billion dollars, and a more recent cost analysis fair calculated the services for illegal immigrants cost California taxpayers thirty one billion dollars annually, incarceration costs for illegal immigrants going through the court process and being housed in jail two billion dollars annually. That's a twenty nineteen study. You can only imagine that's gone through the roof. Governor k Newsom earlier this year asked for an additional two point eight billion dollars in loans to address the state's deficit in the medicaid program, which has blown through budget expectations, largely due to you know what's coming, coverage for illegal immigrants, and the figures just continue. All these expanding programs obviously act as lures for the illegal immigrant population. Let's go to sanctuary state California, where we can enjoy medicaid at no cost to us, among other things, all for the purpose of California trying to keep that house of cards from falling over and collapsing. Six twenty seven fifty five Care see detalk station. Get your images at affordable imaging services where you will not pay literally thousands of dollars for echo cardiogram mri CT scanner, ultrasound. That's what you'll pay at hospitals, and they'll probably make you wait around. And if you get your doctor says you need an echo cardiogram, we're probably like, oh my god, this is my heart and wait around for three weeks, maybe a month to get to the hospital. Imaging department will where you pay like thirty five hundred bucks affordable Imaging service and get your right in five hundred dollars without an enhancement eight hundred with an enhancement. Every image there comes with the board certified radiologist report included in the price. So the CT scan I got last week, I basically two CT scans individually. They're four hundred and fifty bucks without a contrast. I needed a contrast six hundred dollars radiologist report. You get within forty eight hours, and so does your doctor, and your doctor won't have any problem with it. I know none of my physicians have had a problem with the images I've gotten. There, same kind of equipment hospitals use. It's just low overhead and a fraction of the cost. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Exercise it and save heap loads of money. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand Learn more online. The website is Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five krc.
Speaker 2: To shay I six thirty two fifty five KRCD talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talking to go straight to the phone before I get to the local stories. Let's see what Hanks got this morning. Hank, thanks for calling. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 11: Backwise, Brian, a little bit off the subject that you've been on. I was watching the news over the weekend and they were talking about upcoming Juneteenth celebrations. Yeah, and I know a lot of conservatives tend to lean towards that as being sort of an appeasement type holiday. But you're looking at it all wrong. This is I take great pleasure in pointing out the people that it's the celebration of the last of the slaves finding out that they'd been freed from the Democrats by Republicans.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, you know what, It wouldn't shock me if Christopher Sprithman brings that up, because he has talked about Juneteenth and his family regularly and for a many, many many years celebrating that very point. I mean, I'm with you a hundred percent on the interpretation of the celebration. That's the point, isn't it. Democrats are the Party of the Klan, Democrats with the Party of Slavery, Democrats of the Party of Jim Crow Laws if it wasn't for Republic. Yeah, exactly, we should all be celebrating.
Speaker 11: Not to mention, don't forget the Welfare Act of sixty four, which pretty much destroyed the black family unit.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you know.
Speaker 11: I mean there's there's a lot of there's a lot of reasons why. It's kind of funny because I work with some black guys and one of them is kind of a political and the other two are pretty much strong Trump supporters because they looked around. They work for a living, and they're tired of paying for people that.
Speaker 2: Don't they work for a living.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 11: So anyway, if you're a conservative and they start, you start getting irritated about Juneteenth, No, remember to point that out on top of that. Not that it matters, because it's just personal. But I have an ancestor that was killed in the Civil War fighting for their freedom, So to me, it's an extra special holiday.
Speaker 1: There you have it. That's a great point. I'm glad you made it. I really am.
Speaker 2: It's a question for perspective, and sometimes our perspectives are well, perhaps not exactly accurate anyhow.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Sarah Herringer, in another post talking about AFTAB Purvoll showing up at the No King's rally, which he apparently did, and there's a photograph of him speaking with a bullhorn to the crowd. Since I mayor rallies with crowd at anti Trump protest. Sarah Herringer, so we all know whose husband got stabbed to death in there over the right home wrote this in a recent post. I believe in civic engagement. I believe in calling out injustice wherever it is. But when your house is on fire, you don't run to protest someone else's mayor purval. You were elected to govern Cincinnati, not to campaign on national stages, not to chase headlines. Well, you gave speeches about protecting us from the federal government. My husband was murdered in our home by a man who was supposed to be under state supervision, a man who absconded from post release control, a man who should have been found and stopped. That is not a federal issue. That is your lane, and you weren't in it. I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican. I care whether you are present, I care whether you're competent. I care whether the families in this city can trust you to do more than perform grief after the fact, because the truth is, you can't protest authoritarianism while ignoring dysfunction in your own backyard. You can't call yourself a protector of democracy while communities in your care are being left unprotected. You were given a city, start acting like it, because while you're focused on Washington, some of us are burying our loved ones and we deserve better. Oh, I like that one as I stare at one of the local story headlines, man dies in North Side shooting six point thirty six fifty five Care see the talk station five point three seven four nine fifty eight hundred two three another phone number I'm gonna give you before the chimney Care fireplace and still because you need to have your chimney inspected and right now. Chimneycare fireplaces still will do it for free. So regardless of the type of fire you're burning, whether it's gas or wood or maybe wood pellets in one of those pellet stoves, have the Chimneycare fireplaces still come out and do an exterior inspection to make sure you're not dealing with any water damage issues. You got flashing and calking or whatever else is up there to protect your prevent your roof from getting water in it. Yes, right, which could be an extremely expensive problem for you. Chimney Carroll inspect that for free now for you woodburn us out there, take advantage of the special the wood burning sweep in evaluation only one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax. Have it completely inspected top to bottom video camera inspection followed by a certified chimney sweep. Get all the kreosoap build up out of there. Seeing one of a chimney fire and burn your house down. It's a great investment. One hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents. Call them five one three, two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus of the better business Burea locally own and operated since nineteen eighty eight. They know what they are doing two four eight ninety six hundred. Check them out online, learn about the showroom, what they sell and all the services they provide, and you can schedule the appointment there as well.
Speaker 1: Chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five krc and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Men.
Speaker 1: This one fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday, looking forward to having Christopher Spindman return of the program, and he may very well mention jimt he has in the past Monday Monday with Ryan James Ato five and we'll talk to the Cincinntiva at eight forty with our KRC Cares segment. I certainly care about the American veteran and I know the good people at the VA are doing their best to help those American veterans with their medical care five one, three, seven, four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two to three talk. You know, I'm pivoting off of the reality of what's going on in California, the fact that their entire state is pretty much built and predicated on illegal immigrants being there and staying there, otherwise work wouldn't get done. And Trump, I think, is echoing that concern. Trump administration has directed immigration officers to pause arrest at farms, restaurants, and hotels, this following President Trump expressing alarm about the impact of aggressive enforcement, at least according to officials speaking with the News hmmm.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 2: Official with ICE Homeland Security Investigations Unit, Tatum King, wrote regional leaders this past Thursday to halt investigations of the agricultural industry, including meat packers, restaurants, and hotels. As reported by The New York Times, Ooh, why, well, labor intensive jobs most Americans won't do. Actio's describing it as an economic calamity that result from the mass deportations. If you go after every illegal immigrant or unauthorized immigrant, I guess it's easier to get free stuff than work for Americans because Americans won't do these labor intensive jobs. American Immigration Council estimated unauthorized immigrants make up about four point six of the nation's total employed labor force. Ready for this one, though, according to the Department of Agriculture, a recent study that they put out estimated that about forty two percent of America's farm workers were undocumented. That's county years twenty twenty to twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hmmmm.
Speaker 2: And it's a legitimate question to ask who's going to do the farm work, who's going to pick crops? Apparently Americans are too damn lazy to do it themselves. Tricia McLaughlin, Homeland Security spokesperson, said, we will follow President's direction and continue to work to get the worst of the worst criminal illegal aliens off American streets, of course, pivoting off of We're not going to go after the agricultural workers, the ones that haven't committed crimes.
Speaker 1: We let them stay.
Speaker 2: An illustration that mass deportations of every single illegal immigrant in our country threatens industries that rely on them. Truth social media posts from our own president, our great farmers, and people in the hotel and leisure business have been starting as stating that our very aggressive policy on immigration is taking very good, long time workers away from them, with those jobs being almost impossible to replace. Many cases, the criminals allowed in our country by the very stupid Biden open borders policy are applying for those jobs.
Speaker 1: This is not good.
Speaker 2: We must protect our farmers, but get the criminals out of the USA. Changes are coming, so, you know, even Donald Trump recognizes the limitations of a you know, wholesale one dent crackdown on this and I bring this up, you know, to kick you to reflect on the reality that we are dealing with here in the country. We've raised a whole generation or five generations, how many how long has this been going on of young people who are here and are lawfully here, Because there are kids that won't do work and We got people coming from countries that their country suck so much that they're happy to do that kind of work. I mean, talk to the kid down in your basement, play an Xbox, so I get a job?
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 1: Would uh picking berries? Hmm?
Speaker 2: Now go to some place that's just economically devastated, or you know, just an awful, awful, awful country, so much so that you're willing to walk thousands of miles and pay drug cartels the smugging you into our country. You're willing to pick the berries that the kid in the basement won't do. It's just a real odd thing to behold, isn't it. Which And I had the guy from Breitbart talking about basically it's a guilded age out in California. We have all these really really really rich people that have all of these folks that are here illegally doing the work for them for very little wage at all. Why because well, you'd have to pay an American citizen young person a whole hell of a lot more than you would pay any illegal to do the work.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't that kind of America at large? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Things that make you hmmm, got a house, got an electric project called my friends at Cullen Cullen Electric. You can reach them online at Colling Electriccincinnati dot com. Outstanding alonelectricians they are. I would like to joke about the well oiled machine that they are when it comes to electric projects. They're very efficient, of course, certified licensed electricians doing the work for your house, and the price is always right. Family owned operator since nineteen ninety nine, Andrew Collen prides himself on his team and their overall honest reputation, which is why they enjoy an a plus with a better business bureau. I've done a bunch of projects at my house and I know they'd be as good at a project at your house as they were at mine. And you know, everything they do for you will come with a ten year wiring warranty. Got that to hang your hat on. So whether it's replacing the old knob and tube or aluminum wiring in your entire house or a simple project like installing an outlet, you're in the right hands. With Color and Electric Coloring c U L E and again online Colin Electriccincinnati dot com. Schedule deployment right there or call them up and if you do, TOLLM. Bryan said, Hi, five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one.
Speaker 8: One two fifty five KRC. It's summertime and then it's six.
Speaker 2: Fifty one fifty five care city talk station in fighting phone calls. I mean, you've got something to say, love to hear from you five one three, seven nine fifty eight hundred eight two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Part of the problem with this sanctuary cities and state policies is that they don't alert Immigrations and Customs officials about criminals in the court system. We've seen this time and time again. They don't cooperate. You got a guy that's committed to crime, and you don't let ICE know when you're letting them out in spite of the fact they're an illegal, illegal immigrant. And if you did that, you would get rid of the bad element that Donald Trump is trying to focus on, which would not then thereby prevent ICE or eliminate or alleviate the need for ICE to go into. Yeah, the farming industry or other businesses, meat packers and things. That's part of the problem is because you know, as the article pointed out another's note, some of the criminal element will in fact go and do these jobs. So you got a bad guy in working as a meatpacker person or a fruit picker, let out of the criminal justice system to go back out on the streets because of the sanctuary policies, and then ICE says, well, we know where that guy is. They go in there and then find out there's a whole bunch of illegal immigrants and end up rounding all of them up. So while Trump and I am going to pair back, I guess that happening. I presume that that means that I, well, I s will have to pick them up elsewhere as a post on the job. Then if you know someone's on the street illegal alien who's a criminal, then they'll try to find them someplace else. It's obviously a very complicating factor that goes on.
Speaker 1: Borders.
Speaker 2: Our Tom Homan repeatedly said ICE is going to send officers into communities and workplaces, particularly in sanctuary jurisdictions that limit the agency's access to local jails. He said, you know, sanctuary cities will get exactly what they don't want, more officers in the communities and more officers of the work sites. We can't arrest them in the jail, we'll arrest them in the community. If we can't arrest them in the community, we're gonna increase work side enforcement operation. We're gonna flood the zone. And then Trump ends up having a backpack on that concept because of course, apparently none of us will have any food to eat if we go ahead and get all the illegal immigrants off the farms. This is an extremely complicated situation, is it not, And if you're opposing ICE agents, you run the risk. I'm moving over it to more comical element, although it's not comical for the victim. Here man protesting against ice raids in downtown Los Angeles with Los Angeles KTLA after an officer's close range rubber bullet shot hit him in the groin, dear, what the hell, severely bruising one of his testicles and shattering the other. Thirty three year old so called demonstrator Martin Santoyo quote it sucks to sit down close quote.
Speaker 6: Now who can argue with that?
Speaker 2: Home from the hospital but still in recovery, unable to walk. Incident happened last Monday, Temple Street, just after he got out off his bicycle within the crowd of protesters among law enforcement. He noted that before this happened, he did not hear any officers declaring an unlawful gathering. Okay, that would hurt, wouldn't it. Sean Hannity's burn at commercials, stick around, a few things we can talk about. In the initial segment of the seven o'clock hour, followed by the former vice man of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smith Avan with the Smith Event, I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: From a full rundown of the biggest headlines. There's minutes away at the top of the hour. I'm giving you a fact now, Americans should though fifty five kres the talk station.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored.
Speaker 2: It's seven oh six fifty five care cite the talk station. Brian Thomas right here, wishing everybody a very happy Monday, and uh, you know, a post Father's Day, happy Father's Day at all. The dad's out there just reflecting on and missing my father on Father's Day yesterday. So I understand a lot of people in that position, and I get it. But I hope you had a wonderful day. And I want to thank my wife and my children for making the day extra special for me, had a wonderful meal, enjoyed their company, and I got two really nice cards.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: My wife did a beautiful job of my card. It's always nice when you do personal thoughts. Wasn't even a Father's Day card. It was just like a you know, a you know, flowers and stuff on the front and just a blank space that she filled in completely. So thank you very much, Paul, and I really appreciated those kind words. Nice to be loved, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Five one three, seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty. You've got an AT and T phone, feel free to call. We got Christopher Smith been coming up in a short period of time here in next segment the Smith Event. Always look forward to talking to Christopher Money money at Brian James, fast forward to one hour. We'll talk futures. We'll talk to the price of oil, giving the Iran Israel bombing campaign that's currently in progress, federal interest rate and out will the interest rates drop? And Donald Trump's been pushing for that record number of people claiming Social Security again pointing out the obvious A lot of baby boomers are in retirement age.
Speaker 1: Now, big chunk of folks.
Speaker 2: That's the World War two veterans coming back and having babies. Karris Cares. Speaking of veterans, we got Cincinniva on at eight four who got some information passed along to my veteran audience members. And God bless each and every one of you. Anyhow, Yeah, speaking of these the conflict going on, it's more of the conflict.
Speaker 1: It's out outright war and.
Speaker 2: It looks like I tell you, uh, Israel has really done a number on Iran, and now apparently they own the airspace Israel flying in and out and hitting more targets in Iran. I guess free of the concern they're going to get shot out of the scot They've blown up quite a bit of the Iran's arsenal, and yet over the weekend they claimed to operate almost freely in Iran. Third day of air strikes yesterday killed more high ranking security figures, and some Iranian missiles did slip through Israeli's air defenses. I've seen a number of reports hypersonic missiles and I was not aware that Iran had those, not even sure if we've got them anyway. As an indication of how far Israel was prepared to go amid fears of all out war, US official told the Associated Press that Donald Trump that President Trump in recent days vetoed and Israeli planned to kill Iran's supreme leader, Ayatola al Khameni. Now, meanwhile, Trump was sing over the weekend, just yesterday, we had nothing to do with this, this this war campaign. US had nothing to do with the attack on Iran. But he pointed out, a if we are attacked in any way, shape or form by Iran, the full strength and might of the US armed forces will come down on you at levels never seen before. However, we can easily get a deal gun between Iran and Israel and end the bloody conflict. So here he is attempting, and you know, Iran kept walking away from the table. I mean, it's almost like the situation with Russian and Ukraine. Russia says, listen, we are not going to negotiate peace unless you agree to completely disarm and denazify, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean, as well as give away the certain you know, areas of Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Right, and Zelensky won't.
Speaker 2: Come to the table because he won't concede to those initial demands. Well, that's exactly what Iran has been saying in so far as you know the the nuclear processing. They're not going to give up their nuclear programs. So don't come to the table telling us that we're going to have to give up our nuclear program as a predicate for sitting down and negotiating peace. So I suppose we're to stalemate such that you know, Israel says, listen, they're like five seconds away from getting a nuclear bomb. We are going to take them out in a wildly successful campaign. Hell, it even surprised the Israelis that they were able to kill so many of the top commanders in that meeting, which apparently got orchestrated by the Israeli government itself. And isn't an amazing thing to realize that Israel has infiltrated the Iranian government specifically red flags for us here in the United States of America during protest weekend and on this long term discussion we've been having about the illegal immigrant population, all the known godaways think about it. Ukraine was able to sneak in drones into Russia to hit Russian targets deep within Russia that were out of the reach of the Ukrainian military. Obviously that took place over a long period of time, but that they were successful in doing that. Israel able to get Hamas to pick up a bunch of cell phones and walkie talkies and communication devices and carry them around for like, I guess that's in a campaign that went over a multi year or more, and then activated the blow up switch, eliminating a whole bunch of the Hamas members blow them up. And then did the same thing in Iran. Infiltrated the government, snuck in Dernes and we're able to hit a whole bunch of targets from within Iran itself. Anybody notice a trend coming here? Meanwhile, across the United States of America, the Chinese Communist Party busy buying up vast quantities of land near military bases. Hmm, anything to see there. I mean, we live in a world where it is literally impossible to protect yourself from every single threat. As I joked this morning about members of Congress now demanding more security, personal security for them because this nutcase dvance bolter killed State Representative Melissa Hartman and her husband while posing as a police officer. Yeah, we live in a violent world, whether it's just on this local, individual state basis with I have no idea what his political motivations are, but they caught him. But you know, the broader point is, I mean, there's no way to protect yourself from all forms of violence out there in the world. Some are posed a greater threat than others. It's a question of where you focus your resources, which is kind of the joking point about congressional members. Four hundred and fifty plus members of Congress. Are we gonna pay for each and every one of them to have twenty four hour day, seven day week security because that's what was being suggested. Oh my god. Elected officials in the state of Minnesota got murdered. Yeah, talked to a whole bunch of people down and over the Rhine or elsewhere in the city Sincinnati to get murdered almost every single day. Yeah, well, we can't provide personal protection for them either. Dangerous world we live in, isn't it. So I'm a fan of the Second Amendment, Bobby, someone else is a fan of the Second Amendment. Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 3: Happy Monday.
Speaker 12: My friend I'd like to thank you and all the three letter agencies, and they did an awful good job Saturday, And I tell you where it was, right up in Dayton, a Rwanda national he was arrested and for his participation in that ninety four genocide in Rwanda.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Oh yeah, picked him up right up there.
Speaker 12: He was one of the ones that orchestrated the murder of all those Tucsi rebels.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was hundreds of thousands of people that got slaughtered, wasn't it.
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, and he was up in dates.
Speaker 12: Yes, I don't think it's on the news or anything.
Speaker 11: Really.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have not seen it anything about that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, sure is. So I like to thank everybody involved in that to getting that food off the street and anybody around him.
Speaker 1: No kidding. That was Bill Clinton.
Speaker 2: I think he said that was his greatest failure as a president, that he wasn't able to do anything at all about that genocide in Rwanda. That also illustrates kind of further the point that I made earlier and the ineffective reality of the United Nations. You were going to scratch your head and wonder where the hell they are.
Speaker 1: It's like, what is the point of the United Nations.
Speaker 12: He's been here since.
Speaker 1: Nine That's crazy, man.
Speaker 12: I can't put it in any other way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't either. Just one of how many that we will never know the number of extraordinarily dangers and in this particular case, murders. Mass murders are in this country right now, which is why I say take stock in your own security. Appreciate to call Bobby seven fifteen fifty five krsit detalk station Christopher Smithmen gonna be up next and take care of your plumbing needs by calling Plumb Type Plumbing. Outstanding work they do plumb type plumbing. It's always plumbing done right and a company that knows you deserve better. You know you have a lot of options when it comes to plumbing, but I strongly encourage you to call Plumb Type Plumbing local in and operated so serving the entire Tri state area with no service, fees, free estimates. They enjoin aplus with a better business VEO. They have done fantastic work for me, including the emergency work. It's like almost a tagline when your chandelier is raining and you know it shouldn't be called plumb type, which is what I did. They plump Tight offers prompt inspections and service to help protect your home from water damage. They'll fix your some pump. They are the number one installer of tankless water hearers in the Tri State. Go tankless to end the running out of hot water. Your tank empties out and then you gotta wait for it. Now with that out. With a tankless, it's just like constant hot water until you shut the hot water off. They last longer than traditional tanks.
Speaker 1: These units.
Speaker 2: They are a space saver about the size of the suitcase hanging on the wall as opposed to that giant water heater tank you got that will run out and again an energy saver. Just one of the many plumbing services plumb Tight offers. It's always plumbing done right and they live by that motto. Five one three seven two seven Tight t Te five one three, seven, two seven eighty four eighty three online plumbtight dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station our Heightheart.
Speaker 2: Radio seven twenty on a Monday. I always look forward to this time of the week. Friend of the show, friend of the community, and personal friend of mine. Christopher Smithmen, former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati event his Spleen and what we call the Smith Event. Welcome back, Christopher Smithman. I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day.
Speaker 3: I did, and Happy Father's Day to you. You're an awesome father. Well I know, I know you got awesome love. I got awesome love.
Speaker 2: And yeah I a then I got awesome love, Christopher. And you know, I'm really self deprecating when it comes to, you know, my father being a father, and you know, my daughter always kind of rises to the challenge of me feeling like for in some way, shape or form, I've kind of let them down. And my wife like, Brian, come on, man, you know it's like I look back and I focus on things and maybe I should have done or should have done better, or could have done And overall, apparently at least they think they think that I've done a good job.
Speaker 1: That's what matters. Man.
Speaker 3: Well, you know it's that Monday morning quarterbacking. Even for fathers. Oh yeah, do the best we can. It's the hardest job in the world to be a parent. I like to tell my siblings who have dogs and no children, there's a big difference. I had a dog, I've got kids. I got to tell these uncles and ats and cousins around me, Hey, it is totally different being a parent.
Speaker 2: No kidding, Lord Almighty, you know, and I gotta be honest with you. I will admit, and I know you experienced this, and you know, God bless your late wife. What a wonderful, wonderful woman. When you know, when you marry right and you stick together, it makes that concept of parenting a lot easier when there are two people involved in raising the children and both care and have a concern over their well being. That's it's It just makes being a parent an enjoyable experience. I can't imagine being a single parent and have to take on the job of you know, the disciplinarian, the person providing love and food and shelter and all that, without the benefit of a spouse who's there with you and dealing with the challenges itself. I mean, that's the joy of having two parent families, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Brian, What I will say to you in public honesty is that I didn't get being a single parent until Pam died. I know, so I got I got both sides of it right, and so my appreciation for single parents and what they have to manage on a daily basis, no matter the circumstances, whether it's divorced or did bedad, whatever the scenario is, it is a tough job trying to be mama and papa at the same time. You know, you don't don't you don't get that break that you normally got, Like you know, it's like that that wrestling on TV. You go in and somebody tagged in and you're like, hey, come in, I need a break. When you're a single parent, you don't get that. It's real time all the time, and it's and it's really really tough. But I but my hat goes out for all the dads out there, and I think it's one of those public policies, uh that you know, police officers and teachers and uh firefighters whoever, those those professions are what we're seeing happening across our country and our cities. You know, they can't take the place of parenting and fathers in households. They just can't. And until we get that together, I mean I'm talking about as a culture, not something some legislator can do as a country. Until we get our arms around fatherhood and what that means for our country and how we hold dads. We're talking about Father's Day because we can hold moms accountable too, but today we're talking about dad. How we hold these dads accountable for their involvement or lack of involvement in these kids' life. It's going to be difficult to make progress, indeed.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'll say, I may have all fathers out there who may not be, you know, as engaged as other fathers. If you're there and you're working, and you're doing a job, and you're putting food on the table, that alone is important in the hearts and minds of children. They at least see you being responsible for taking care of the family. You're getting up, you're going to work every single day, and then you're coming home in the evening. You're coming home to them, And that alone is an important lesson and illustration of the importance of fatherhood in and of itself.
Speaker 3: And let me add to that to say, dads out there who are listening to us, right, who are I'm just going to say, who are marginal to poor? Remember how you treat the mother of your children when you have a daughter, When you have a daughter, right, it's what she learns what she knows, and it's what her expectations are.
Speaker 1: Amen, So understand.
Speaker 3: That there are ramifications, whether it's a son and how he treats a woman, but your daughter and her expectations of how she's treated. So treat mama bad and do all that stuff, and then don't get all bent out of shape when she selects somebody like you.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome. And as a shout out to Eric, my daughter's fiance, because he is a good man, a good protective, responsible man, and you know what, I'm glad you brought that up. I feel even better about my daughter getting married to Eric cart hang On, bring you back here, Christopher hang On. I mentioned four in Extreme seven thirty one fifty five Krsity talk station Brian Thomas with Christopher smith Man always going to smith event every Monday beginning at seven to twenty. Christopher, what else is on your mind? Since we got our Father's Day well wishes out of the way.
Speaker 3: It's this dance vault fifty seven year old Minnesota guy who shows up dressed like a police officer and guns down the house speaker Melissa Hortman and her and her husband in their home and I heard you talking about this this morning. Yeah, then goes and tries to target another elected official, shoots him and her husband. We our hearts go out to them because and the great work of the of the police who like pulled it together real fast. He's probably going door to door here because they saw the hit list in the car and responded, found them shot, and gave them life saving help that got them into surgery. But the point is, is all of this rhetoric that we see going on, cars burning, Brian Thomas, Rocks being thrown at police officers, bottles being thrown at police officers. They're they're doing their jobs and to see the mass media fall right back in the trap. Right they're on TV. Cars are on fire, bricks are being thrown, cops are being hit and punched, and they say there's no violence. These are just peaceful protests, like don't believe your eyes, don't believe what you're hearing, don't believe what you're seeing. However you want to dress that pig up. I am amazed at the mainstream media right. They don't understand how they are playing a major part in what just happened in Minnesota. Even the governor there and his behavior, the things that he has said, his own rhetoric. Yeah, I think, and this is speculation, Brian Thomas. I think we're going to find out that this person did not like a recent vote of the House speaker there and decided to take things into his own hands. I think we're going to find out what his motivations were, and they were about votes that these Democrats taking with Republicans. And this notion of compromise has left the public space meaning to say, I'm trying to compromise with my colleague and I'm trying to move some type of public policy forward. In today's world, it's viewed as you are some person that has gone against us. You know, you're now a trader, and I'm going to announce try to take you out. I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna try to take you out. And I just my hearts go out to those families. Bryan Times. I just wanted to say that I'm watching that. I'm glad they called him. I hope they hold him accountable. But it's unbelievable and these are the things I have to be honest with you, I worry about, Brian Thomas, your friend me personally. I worry about this. You know, I'm on I'm on red alert most days, and I encourage people, and I've said it on your show that you've got to be prepared to defend yourself. Yeah, and you have these same liberal bodies like City Hall in Cincinnati, you know, passing resolutions and saying you want to get rid of all legal guns and illegal guns. Like it makes absolutely no sense. If you're not gonna protect me, why can't I take it under my own to protect my family and my house. I just don't understand it. Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, and you got members of Congress now talking about getting personal security for themselves. Of course, Uh, you know, House of Representative members and senators don't have their own personal security unless they're in some lofty elevated position. And you know, after these shootings in Minnesota now they're screaming and yelling about getting their own law. You know, I guess taxpayer funded private security. I mean, you and I don't get that, Christopher, And we live in a far more dangerous world than they live in.
Speaker 3: Look, Brian Thomas, public, they don't even realize what you personally went through when somebody with their truck tried to run you off the road right, and that that was a very close call for you, my friend Brian Thomas, meaning it was a close call what was happening on that highway when that guy was trying to run you off the road, and he didn't realize that within seconds that guy was about to lose his life. That Brian Thomas wasn't gonna play with him when he got out of that car now.
Speaker 2: And he did the right thing by walking away from where the cars ended up. And that's what saved his life because he was at my door when I opened my door up. I've said before and I say it again, I'm sorry. I was in a position where I was feared for what I feared for my life legitimately so and it's nice to have the ultimate great equalizer, because that guy towered over me in terms of his size. You know, that's the point of having a firearm. You could be a slight of build, elderly woman of ninety pounds and you can still defend yourself against a six foot four to four hundred pound guy. And if you don't, if you don't take it upon yourself to be in a position to be able to do that, not that in all circumstances you are going to be able to do it. I'm just I'm not saying that owning a firearm alone is going to avoid all situations. World's in a perfect place, but having access to one certainly should provide you a measure of comfort and at least the ability to stop something like that from happening to you or especially coming up. He was a father's day. More fundamentally, your family. Let's bring Christopher back seven thirty six. If you have care, see the talks dam seven forty one almost and went I think about Kresy Talk Station. Enjoying my conversation with Christopher Smith and always enjoy hearing from every Monday. We're gonna hear from Brian James Monday, Monday, after the top of the arn is Christopher?
Speaker 1: What else is on your mind this morning?
Speaker 3: Look? Look, Brian, this segment that I'm gonna have is going to feel a little boring. I just want to share to your listening audience. But it's the foundation and it will set up further conversations that you and I will have on Monday mornings. There are three books or historical points that every American should understand about our country. One is the dread Scott case. Number two is juneteenth. I heard you talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you're going to bring that up.
Speaker 3: And they should understand the Tuskegee Syphilist study. Right, these are three major things historically that happen in our country, and particularly conservatives should go out. Republicans should go out and find out about the dread Scott case. June teams understand it, and the Tustigee Simpli studies. No, I'm gonna jump into dread Scott. So, Dred Scott is a American who was a slave who had traveled to a free state and said, hey, I'm now free. This case went all the way to the Supreme Court and seven to two, which were seven Dixiecrats, seven activists, Supreme Court justices said, Dred Scott, you are a slave. You will always be a slave. It doesn't matter where you live, where you travel. You are not an American and you will never be an American. Pred Scott, you are property. This was the United States Supreme Court. These were seven Dixiecrats. Look it up, who are Supreme Court justices. This case, many historians will say, was the beginning of the Civil War. This was the beginning of the war which ultimately elected Lincoln as President of the United States of America. And through all of that you had the birth of Juneteenth. On June nineteenth, eighteen sixty five, where major which is this is an officer, a major General, Gordon Granger, ordered the final enforcement of the Emancipation Proclamation in Texas, which was the end of the Civil War, which African Americans in this country say that was the day of our freedom sold the birth of Juneteenth. But Dred Scott and Juneteenth are absolutely linked together. And in all of that were the Dixiecrats, were the Democrats who were oppressing African Americans, enslaved people in this country. And it was the Republicans who were fighting for those freedoms, who were voting like overwhelmingly for the civil rights legislation to come through the Civil Rights Act. So many Republicans and Conservatives do not know the role they played in the freedom of African Americans, colors, the negro whatever you want to call us, through the history of the United States of America. If it were up to the Dixiecrats, we would still be slaves today. If it were up to the Dixiecrats, we would not be Americans. Why is this important? Right now? The dread Scott case is being used by liberals in the Supreme Court right now for birth rights for those who have come to our country illegally who are giving birth and saying those citizens are now Americans. And they're now using the dread Scott case right now with seven to two, with a Supreme Court that said dread Scott wasn't a citizen, you will never be an American. Now you see the President of the United States who say, hey, listen, you can't just come to this country illegally. That's the key. We didn't say legally, you come to the country illegally, give birth to a child, and that child be a citizen of the United States. African Americans who are listening to me, do not understand that when this is being argued in front of the Supreme Court, they're gonna say dread Scott, dread Scott, dread Scott, dread Scott constantly because it's the foundation of it. And so it's amazing the hypocrisy where the Supreme Court got it wrong in eighteen fifty seven dred Scott versus Sanford in eighteen fifty seven, and now the liberals are now using on the back of an enslaved people, a man who fought for his freedoms, saying, now we're gonna use this case for those who came here illegally, who have a baby, We're gonna call them Americans. But we didn't want to call you one, dad and put it in your pipe and smoking.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I you know, I just the horror of that case, that the idea that a person a human being, is not considered a human being but is considered a piece of property. It's just it's so abhorrent. But see that's the power of the law. See that dreads Scot's case is one of the reasons why I don't believe in the death penalty, that the state can take your life from you, perhaps in error. And there have been a whole bunch of cases where people have been convicted of murder and sense of the to the to the to death. I want to find out that, oh, I'm sorry, we got it wrong, that they could take a life, so that the power of the justice is just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: Now let me say to you, Brian Thomas, we agree. See I agree in that with the death penalty. What problem is that the system is broken, meaning meaning the flaws of the system because of the human beings involved. Got You got nine Supreme Court justices seven to two, right, who are saying that dread Scott was not a human being. This is an important point I'm trying to make. So as the Supreme Court has been making all these decisions based on what these local federal judges have been doing, meaning you got Democrats who are shopping judges across the United States trying to control the White House. It doesn't matter to me who's in the White House by Democrat or Republican and independent. It's wrong to shop these cases to liberal federal judges and them make rulings across the entire United States. But then when it gets to the Supreme Court, Please don't ever tell me that the Supreme Court gets it right all the time. All you have to do is look at the dread Scott case and see where the Supreme Court rules seven to two that dread Scott, an American who was a slave, is never ever going to have the rights of an American. You will always be property seventy two, which actually started the Civil War and the birth of a man called Abraham Lincoln who became the President of the United States, which ultimately ended with the Emancipation Proclamation June nineteenth, eighteen sixty five, which was the birth right of Juneteenth. Every Republican should understand Juneteenth. You should embrace juet You should say I love Juneteenth. You should go to the Juneteenth celebrations. You should put your money behind Junetee. June tenth is your day. It's your day that you stood up against Dixiecrats who are trying to keep Africans Negroes enslaved as properties forever in the United States of America. If the only reason we don't understand this is that our school systems, which are liberal, do not teach this history to the children. They don't want the children to know because they're trying to continue to indoctrinate them so that they come out as Democrat, not charged with the information to understand. Hey, man, Republicans do a lot of great things for African Americans. All these things are true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and you know it's interesting because in the past you brought up to in teens, and it seems to be only a fairly recent phenomenon that it is widely celebrated.
Speaker 1: You grew up in a home that celebrated Juneteenth.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. My parents are from the South, right, My father from Birmingham, Alabama, my mother from Montgomery, Alabama. They could not go to white institutions. They went to Tuskegee Institute, which is now called Tuskegee University. My mother who I'm bragging on with Miss Tuskegee because we always tease my dad, how could you date our pool in fraying terms? How did you get the well? How was your rap game so strong that you could land Miss Tuskegee. That's a very big deal. Anybody who goes to an HBCU understands what I'm saying. But the point that I make it you is, yes, we celebrated Juneteenth, and what's happening right now is people. I want people to understand that Juneteenth and July fourth are not in conflict. These two things are not in conflict. And conservatives need to understand Juneteenth, the dred Scott case, and they have to understand the Tuskegee Syphlis study. And these things should be books and all of their homes that they all read to all of their children. So they understand those three things, it will it will change their life if they understand those three those three pieces of history. Forgiving these things, you know what I mean, you know, I know this this this, yeah, this vent might be a little bit, you know, not not as like other things. But we have to build on these historical things. So people understand when I say, hey, dred Scott is being discussed right now for birthright for people who came to the country illegally gave birth to a child. And now on the backs of ways they're trying to say that child is free. When the Supreme Court said, no, dred Scott, you'll always be a slave. We're never And by the way, he died like like they made him a citizen, but he almost died essentially in that in that fight, and didn't that struggle. And by the way, dred Scott's lawyer was a Republican. I'm gonna say that again. Dred Scott's lawyer who fought for him was an open.
Speaker 2: Republican, Christopher Smith. And always a pleasure getting the event from you, my friend. Appreciate your walking through history. Those who do not study history are destined to repeat the mistakes of the past.
Speaker 1: Anytime, take your info to go.
Speaker 3: I'm listening powered.
Speaker 1: By fifty five cars. He's the talk station Ato six on a Monday, and a happy one to you, Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: Always looking forward to this time we get to talk about money matters with allver financials. Brian James, It is time for money Monday. Brian will come back to the morning show and happy money to you, sir.
Speaker 6: Good morning, mister Thomas, and back at you, sir.
Speaker 2: Looking at the headlines of the Wall Street General futures up just slightly, but across the board in the Green I guess the situation in the war with Israel and Iran not impacting the markets too much. I guess since Israel's dominating Iranian airspace and knocking off targets one by one, it looks like that's not going to blow up to World War three or something. But at least the markets aren't reacting to it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the mark market seems to be taking it in stride. Futures right now are up about anywhere from a half to one percent, depending on which one you're looking at. Friday, when this all kind of blew up, we had about a one to one point seven percent drop in the various market in disease, which that's to be expected because the market, as we always talk about, the market doesn't like unknown stuff. We don't like the unexpected, and we certainly don't want wars period, end of story. But at the end of the day, the world does keep on turning in the face of war, even if you if you look at and I don't want to go down this path at all, but just to give a little bit of historical contact, and again not implying that this is happening, but even World War two, most of the years of World War two.
Speaker 6: Were positive with regard to the stock market. We don't want any of this.
Speaker 13: But if you're sitting there going thinking, well, I can't do any about the war anyway, so I'm gonna worry about the stuff that they do control, which is my own situation. There's nothing going on right now that should cause you to rush to the computer or rush to the phone, to dump everything you have or put it all in gold or any of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: It's just more painful.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 13: Let's focus more on the human sacrifice that's occurring than the financial because that's not really happening. Anyway, oil prices are moving around as would be expected. We did see a surge from sixty eight bucks to seventy eight dollars a barrel right after the Israel's struck or ins nuclear facilities, but then settled back down to about seventy two. You know, headlines do fuel this volatility, but history shows us that these disruptions for these smaller conflicts are typically pretty short lived. Markets pretty have been pretty resilient, so let's not rush to any conclusions.
Speaker 1: Fair enough on that.
Speaker 2: And I guess the military industrial complex is always something put your money in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, raytheon.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like maybe that's one of the reasons the markets were stable in World War two, because everybody was churning out military hardware.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And I wouldn't say stable, I just mean not down for four years straight, you know, of a world war. And the reason for that is because generally speaking, anything that happens that surprises the world will eventually become a catalyst. The catalyst in World War two was, as you just mentioned, we became a military industrial complex. General Motors started making tanks instead of cars, and the Rubber company started sending rubber overseas to the you know, to support the military. The end of the day, there's still money moving around. There are still consumers who become the government and the military, and there are still producers, so the money still flows. So that's what keeps economies afloat. And I would even throw out, you know, not that long ago with COVID in early twenty twenty. COVID made us all think the world was going to end. And if you look at what the stock market did between February and March of twenty twenty, it went off a cliff. But we don't remember that because we were all learning that we needed to go live in our houses and not come out for a while, and that was scarier than looking at financial statements. So by the time the dust settled on the market panic, then it had become a catalyst. That's where Zoom came from. Nobody had really heard of zoom much before. We all had to go home and learn how to use it. But now it's part of our lives and I know that, and I've said this on these airwaves before. You know, we all Worth itself had to make sure that all of our advisors were able to communicate with clients we needed similar desks setups at home. That means I have you know, I have a couple extra monitors, and you know, all of our employees are able to do that. And we're obviously not the only company that did that. I know, iHeart had to do the same thing as well. So anything that that that causes a curveball usually becomes a catalyst for somebody. Somebody's going to take advantage of the opportunity to make some money. And that's kind of what we're seeing right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like artificial intelligence is changing the world as well, and we're all just going to have to roll with it and figure out where we are going to be in the you know, with with with this new concept and this new technology, it's going to change the world. Some people are going to lose jobs and others are going to be fine and safe and they're in I don't know, the impact is going to be far ranging. But we tend to adapt, right, I mean, isn't that the point We tend to adapt regardless of circumstances.
Speaker 13: Yeah, think of it as an opportunity if if you are super close to something that that AI that you feel like AI could easily replace you then it might be whove you to figure out how to use it in your environment to at least stave off what may be inevitable. But at the same time, yeah, these these it's going to be an opportunity for somebody. So if you're if you're if you're again just off to the side worrying about AI changing things, well, then look look for what the opportunity is going to create. Where is it going to drive industry? And you can look at any period in the last couple decades and figure out what the catalyst was. Goes back, you know, going, I'm just going back to you know, twenty five years to when the Internet first became a thing and Yahoo and America Online were the big things. Well, that changed everything that we did. Then it became for a while it was real estate, and then that ran us to two thousand and eight. We ran that into the ground, and then it became mobility, mobile devices, so on and so forth. Everything is a catalyst. It creates an opportunity. Don't always look at everything the end of something. Look at it as the beginning of something as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I understand that in terms of market, we're going to get the US retail sales figures out.
Speaker 1: Is that tomorrow?
Speaker 13: Yeah, so big announcements said that that's coming tomorrow. But the highlight of the week is gonna be the Federal Reserve meeting we've got coming up on June seventeenth, eighteenth. This is where char Powell comes out and tells us whether he wants higher lower interest rates or no change at all. But yes, we've got a number of reports coming out this week that will help us with that. So we've had some recent soft inflation prints. That's a good thing we want that, meaning that, you know, a soft inflation print simply means that we were not looking at inflation. We're looking at it in a relatively benign manner. That has not, however, fundamentally altered what the Fed thinks. And there are there are actually a couple Fed governors out there who are advocating for no rate cuts at all this year. But overall the stance from the Fed seems to be we really want to cut rates. It's not happening this week, but we do want to drop rates a little bit by the end of the year.
Speaker 6: So hopefully we'll st on that pattern. We'll find out more later this week.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think most people want the rate cut just because it's going to mean lower mortgage rates. That's typically the one ripple effect that we all feel, plus the amount of money we pay on our treasury bills. Lower is better because we of course continue to borrow and borrow and borrow and have to pay off at a higher interest rate.
Speaker 1: So a lot of reasons to want it.
Speaker 2: What's going through the Fed's mind in so far as them not cutting rates because you know, inflation has been comfortable at what two to two point three percent last several reports, which is about where they want it. Are they afraid that it's just going to go through the roof again?
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, they're afraid of setting up, you know, lighting that fuse because it can go quickly. As you just mentioned, there are plenty of people out there who really, really super want rate cuts. And the definition of that is anybody who bought a new house in the last three years and had to get a mortgage against it. Yeah, because they're paying six to seven percent. But the Federal Reserve is still looking at it won't take much to pop this off again, because there's enough unrest and enough crazy in the world. I mean, look at what we just got done talking about there's conflict in the world that we'll directly impact oil prices, and it is a little bit, you know, not to the point where we have to be alarmed yet, but at the same time, that's something that obviously will drive inflation. If we have this conflict spreads and we wind up with inflation in oil prices, that's going to trickle through to everything else and compound what has already been going on for five years as a result of the of the COVID pandemic. So yes, the Federal Reserve is super, super super cautious. When they say they want two percent, they want two. They don't want two point three, they don't want two in a quarter, they want two percent inflation. If we're not there, then their concern is anything we do to possibly trigger it to go the wrong direction is dangerous.
Speaker 1: Okay, help me understand this.
Speaker 2: I would think that higher prices and of course everything's connected to oil. I means stating the obvious everything we buy has been shipped somewhere through a semi tractor trailer or or something else. So we're enjoying you know, I saw the sign on the door Kroger over the weekend. You know, if one thousand products lower prices and maybe the result the reason we've getting we're going to lower prices at the grocery store because it's causing Kroger less money to ship things. That suggests more consumption. I mean, the prices are lower, aren't people engaged in more economic activity? I mean, I don't know. I'm just trying to walk through this. How this impacts in the inflation rate?
Speaker 13: Well, I think, but I think we're all on edge a little bit, right because because not just the FED is concerned about the current economic situation, it's just people in general. So you know, I think Kroger is somewhat taking advantage of that and any anything, anytime you can shine a light on, hey, we are working to reduce prices. I've never I saw one of those banners yesterday for the first time. I assume they're on all the Kroger's out there. But I think you can figure out right away, you know, that they haven't found a way to suddenly produce everything they do, you know, cheaper. They just perhaps have found an opportunity here and there to lower some prices, and they're going to shine a bright light on that. Maybe they do that all the time, but they don't hang banners on the building. The banners, to me are a different approach, right, So that just tells me that they that they're they're they're looking at their customer base, which is all of us, and they're saying that, you know what, these people are really really super hypersensitive to inflation right now. So any positive step we can take, let's shine a very bright light on it. They've probably cut prices like this in the past, but haven't hung the banners or done the commercials because it wasn't a focus of the buying public.
Speaker 6: Well now it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think we're all painfully aware of how much more food and groceries costs generally speaking, and over the last several years. I mean we still it just boggles my mind because I go grocery shopping with my wife every single weekend and I'm still just amazed at the cost of like, for example, beef.
Speaker 1: It's just like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: So anyhow, maybe it's just a marketing thing going on at Kroger's.
Speaker 1: Let's pause. Bring Brian James back.
Speaker 2: I want to mention doctor Fred Pack saw doctor Pack last Friday had my semi annual cleaning, and I know a lot of people don't like to go to the dentist. I just really I like it. Can you walk out, you know, all cleaned up, got a good check up, everything's good. And of course doctors Peck and Frew will take amazing care of you as general dentists, they are outstanding. The whole after there were just really wonderful. It's welcoming, it's comfortable. If so, if you're a little unsettled about going to the dentists, generally you're in the best possible hands and pivoting over the best possible hands cosmetic dentistry. Doctor Fred Peck is a Fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and doctor Frew working on her way to accreditation. You got years of his professional experience at her fresh perspectives. Folks love doctor Frux. She is such a really charming and wonderful lady. Not to discount Fredpack. I mean, he did a chief Fellow status and he's only one of three dentists in the entire state of Ohio that have made it to that lofty position because he does remarkable, life changing cosmetic dentistry. So if you're not happy with your smile, you're in the right best possible hands to learn more. The website is Peck peckpeck smiles dot com. Call for an apployment, whether it's for cosmetic or general dentistry, you'd be glad you did. It's five one three sixty two, one seventy six sixty six, five one three six two one seventy six sixty six.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot Com Our.
Speaker 2: Heightharder Today twenty and fifty five Kercity Talk Station Talking Money Matters.
Speaker 1: Brian James Smallworth Financial. It is money Monday.
Speaker 2: But back to the FED cutting or not, as the case may be, the interest rate. I know you seem to suggest that it's unlikely that it's gonna happen, and I understand your point behind that. Clearly, it's not going to be a point. I know Donald Trump was screaming about them cutting the rates a full point. I mean, if there's any cuts, I mean we're probably talking like maybe a quarter, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if we're lucky at that.
Speaker 13: So right now, there's a handful of people out there who believe there might be a modest cup. But I think I think those people aren't talking about this meeting or this week's meeting. They're talking about the next move will be down. We just don't know when it is, So that is generally accepted. There's not a whole lot going out there with trigger the opposite. So I don't think that's exactly worth shattering to say. But the vast majority of folks, though, I really don't believe that that's coming anytime soon. And whenever we've got scary headlines, that's going to cause everybody to pause.
Speaker 6: And there's certainly enough going on in the middle EA right now that's going to.
Speaker 13: Make everybody say, you know, let's take a breath and just kind of watch and see what comes of this.
Speaker 1: Then we'll make decisions. So if we were at.
Speaker 13: A full two percent, like like the FED truly truly really wants, then we might be having a different conversation. But I think we're close enough now that I think the risk that they sort of perceived that the risk is in screwing out the progress as that has been made, not so much in being a little late for that final couple of rate cuts.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, and with regard to the oil oil prices, are up merely because of what might happen in the Middle East. More broadly speaking, I mean, there are a bunch of OPAC nations. We all know where that oil comes from, and because they're in the area of the conflict between Israel and Iran? Is that it because the amount of oil that's in the market hasn't changed, has it because Irani and oil I thought that were subject to sanction, not supposed to be able to sell it. So even if you took Iran completely offline, would that have an impact on supplies globally?
Speaker 13: I mean, and anything's going to impact, right, you've changed any of the pipelines there, any of the prem missions that who you know of who who gets to work with whom, then then yeah, that's going to have an impact. But I think that the larger issue is that people aren't focused on it as much. I mean, think about this. We oil prices have been really have really been benign. And what I'm really talking about is the price at the pump, because that's the first thing we all see, right, that's right in your face. At least once a week, you have to look at it, You are required to look at it. Versus if I grab a loaf of bread off the shelf. I'm not necessarily going to look at the price tag there, but we all see gas prices immediately. That has been pretty benign, and frankly it's the last couple of years. This wasn't an issue last year. This is usually the time of year where politicians point across the aisle from whichever side and blame the opposite side for whatever's going on at the gas pump. Right now, there's nothing going on at the gas pump, so nobody's really talking about it. And I think there our past history of looking at the Middle East as the only area that can swing oil prices in one way or another. It doesn't have the same impact that it used to, and I'm not diminishing it. It's certainly the biggest, you know, the biggest organization and in the world, with Opak and all those countries out there, But with the progress that has been made in fracking in the United States, yeah, US is one of the largest producers of oil now, so we're able to moderate that as now that we are a bigger participating producer in that oil market, so those smaller regional conflicts don't have the huge impact that they used to still big, but not as big.
Speaker 2: Well in Canada also fracs as well. I mean, it's amazing what fracking is done, and it's amazing when you talk about it along those lines. The United States is now the biggest oil producer. I mean, I live most of my life through the whole idea that we've reached peak oil and that we no longer have and it's a diminishing supply. The vast majority of the concept of diminishing supply was brought about by well regulation and just simply outright refusal to allow us to drill on our own land.
Speaker 1: I mean it used to be I think.
Speaker 13: No, I'm no oil expert, but my understanding and my tiny monkey brain here of how I understand this is that when I grew up, I believe that that oil existed as giant lakes in holes in the ground, and it was just a pure, big puddle of oil, and we sucked it all out. Yeah, now, and so that was the concern. Those pockets were going away, we were going to deplete them. But then you know, as as soon as we figured that out, then once we figured fracking out, now we can suck it out of the cracks a little more efficiently. And if you read the stories of how fracking came to be, there's one guy behind all of it who didn't make an extra nickel for coming up with this idea. But in any case, the originally had to pump chemicals down into the ground to flush this stuff out. Then they had to process it and get those chemicals back out, and then they tried to decided to try, well, let's just do this with water because it's cheaper, and so that was a cheaper process and a better process. Then they found a way to do it without any extra anything. So progress and technology always are moving us forward, and that has literally changed what we know as the.
Speaker 2: Oil markets amen to that and have entthusians out there. You know, we were able to create more food through use of technology and advancement in fertilizers and things of that nature too. So technology does play an amazing role in shifting the reality is of what people claim is an absolute crisis at any given moment. Brian James, I understand more people are claiming social security. Getting back over to your role in helping folks plan for retirement, we'll talk about that coming up one more with Brian James and Money Monday. First, some pleasant words for Gate of Heaven Cemetery, and you know, it is a beautiful place. I think we all need an opportunity to unwind. And it's more than a cemetery. It's a sacred space where the dignity of every person's respected life is honored from beginning to end. And it's tranquil landscape surroundings ideal for prayer, contemplation, reflection, meditation and remembrance, creating a comforting experience for all visitors. And it is open to everyone. It is a Catholic cemetery, but you're more than welcome at Gate of Heaven. More than a buried place, it's a sanctuary place set apart for that prayer, healing and honoring the legacy of every life. Visitors are welcome to come, walk, sit, spend some time in peaceful contemplation surrounded by nature's beauty and God's presence. To learn more about Gate of Heaven Secret Cemetery, Gate of Heaven dot org, check it out Gate of Heaven dot org. Fifty five KRC the talk station injured in an accident. There's your channel nine first one and we forecast partly cloudy day to day, with a chance of storms later this afternoon in eighty three for the high, remaining partly cloudy every night. Alough there's a slight chance of showers, dropping to sixty five eighty six the high tomorrow, with some sun but still an opportunity for some storms. Cloudi overnight but dry sixty nine for the low and a high of eighty six again on Wednesday, and partly cloudy.
Speaker 1: Skies seventy one. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 14: Do you see how traffic center? Right now, over one hundred thousand people are waiting and hoping for an organ transplant to save their life. Sign up to be an organ donor or explorer a living donation at you see health dot com slash transplant. He's been two seventy five continues to improve between Hamilton Avenue and four after a couple of accidents earlier. Southbound seventy five slows down to walk on northbound seventy five. So it's just a bit at the latter of Chuck king Ram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: AY twenty nine on a Monday. One more segment here with Money Monday's Brian James.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My initial reaction to the topic more people claiming social security is like, well, that makes sense because the baby boomers are all reaching retirement age. But the key point I think in this whole article is now people are claiming it earlier than the retirement age, because you and I both have talked about this many times, and anybody who's paid attention interestingly enough, Brian, I got my you know, the Social Security note you get which tells you what you should anticipate at retirement age, and you know if you wait longer, the amount of money you can get if you delay it till like seventy two, increases pretty substantially. But notwithstanding that, more people are taking it earlier.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Quick correction there, it's not seventy two, it's seventy is the oldest seventy I'm sorry. Yeah, thank you, appreciate that you're here for job security for me.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 13: Put food on my table for a while, one more night anyway. Yeah, so this article comes from the San Francisco Chronicle. Obviously, social security is a federal ban, meaning it applies to everybody, but the San Francisco Chronicles one who did the homework this time around. They looked at a period from October to April and saw a thirteen percent year over year increase in claims. Many of those individuals are opting to claim benefits before having reached full retirement age of sixty seven. So full retirement age is sixty six to sixty seven, depending.
Speaker 6: On the month and year in which you were born.
Speaker 13: But their point is most people are a lot more people are claiming it a little bit earlier.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 13: The interesting thing that caught my eye on this is the timing. So from October to April, think about what has happened then that during that time period we got the most rhetoric we've ever gotten out of DC about potential changes to Social Security. So my uneducated opinion, which comes from sitting at this table doing financial planning and answering questions basically all day every day, is that a lot of people out there went, you know what, Social Security has a hole in the bucket. It doesn't work anyway. They I'm sure they're going to be changing it at some point. So people decided have decided to turn on this bigot a little earlier. Again, I can verify that with conversations with my clients themselves.
Speaker 6: You know, and we always run a financial plan.
Speaker 13: To see is it going to hurt them to sacrifice that eight percent increase that you get if you don't. And in a lot of cases they've decided, you know, what the heck with that bird in the hand versus two in the bush, I'd rather turn on this bigot now than take the risk. I am not yet jumping up and down telling people you need to go do this now because they're gonna.
Speaker 6: Take it away. That's not gonna happen anyway.
Speaker 13: I still feel like there's going to be time to figure out what changes might might be coming.
Speaker 6: So I not quite a crisis.
Speaker 13: But again, it is interesting to say that more people are willing to fire file earlier than there have been in the past.
Speaker 2: Well, and the panic that people have is a consequence of something happening to social security. I mean, I get that. I think it's a big royal scam. We've all been led to believe that we're going to be comfortable in our retirements thanks to the government and our paying into so security across our entire lives. But that leads people into a false into security, and it sort of suggests that you don't need to prepare for your own retirement independent of Social Security. That's where your job comes in. But I mean, I talk about panic in the streets. If social Security went away, how many people would be rioting?
Speaker 13: Yeah, And that's why I'm really not worried about that happening, because at the end of the day, we still live in a republic where where everybody who makes the decisions that impacts people's daily lives, those folks have to run for reelection at least every two years, sometimes six years, depending on what you're talking about. But so I still have to assume that if they decide to punch the voting public in the face, they are realizing that they could be ending their political careers.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's their intent.
Speaker 13: Who knows, Maybe they just want to get their shots in and move away based off of their their political belief I don't think that's gonna be the case. Though pretty lucrative to be a congressional leader here. So I'm not overly concerned that we are going to have an environment where there is no social security because that is the one of the largest chunks of our population. We have an aging population, so the people who are receiving those dollars in real time are the ones who are going to get out there and vote. Because they're paying attention, you can probably do more damage to the younger generations. Unfortunately, that's not a good thing. But I think that if we have to sacrifice something, it's probably going to lean that direction. However, realistically, I think we're going to eventually we're going to realize that, hey, this just doesn't work. We can get away with it a few more years. Right, We're not in dire straits yet, but if nothing else is done, then the only change that needs to be made is benefits need to be reduced by about thirty percent, which is a chunk, don't get me wrong. However, it's not one hundred percent. That's the tweet you see. That's the headline. Social Security is going bankrupt. No, that's not the case. There is simply in about seven or eight years, there will be less coming in than is going out. That's the issue. But that doesn't mean there'll be nothing coming in. I guarantee you your paycheck will still have a fight a line on it in twenty thirty three. You'll still be paying payroll taxes.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, But you know the panic and concern over it might end up getting more people to start, you know, preparing for their own retirement on using their own means and allocating more of their salary to a retirement program and investing it so they have something they can independently have in their corner when they get to retirement age.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, no, hopefully, I hope so, I hope that will be the reaction. And Social Security was never intended to be. It's not comfortable retirement security. It's social security meaning a way to put a meal on the table. That's really all it was ever intended to be. It's now become something that can supplement a comfortable retirement and make it even more comfortable. And yeah, it's got a different role than it did it originally had when it came out, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Well in the world when Social Security was created, there are a whole lot more pensions out there with the employers providing you know, that independent means of money in senior years, and those have all gone the way of the dead, or at least the vast majority of them have.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Brian James always a wonderful conversation. Appreciate all financial loading you out every Monday for a few segments and I'll look forward to another edition of Money Monday next Monday.
Speaker 6: Have a great week, have a good week, stay in the air condisting.
Speaker 2: Amen, stick around folks at the Cyinconniva with some information for my veteran friends out there. In the meantime, though, I want you to get in touch with Suzette Low's Camp Across Country Mortgage speaking of interest rates and mortgage rates. Maybe you want to refinance what you got. She has access to all kinds of mortgage products out in the world. She's your insurance or she's your a mortgage broker, so not just working for one bank, but has access to all these opportunities out in the world. It's always great rates at a low cost, with no junk fees and no application fees.
Speaker 1: Give her a call.
Speaker 2: You couldn't find a better person when it comes to customer service in the mortgage industry, or someone with more experience. And she's got more than thirty five years of experience. And I don't care what state you're in. You can give Susette Low's Camp with a cross country mortgage or call and she can help you out. Just like my daughter. She was so happy that she listened to my advice. I thought five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Refinancing second mortgages, you know, reverse mortgages. If it has to do with mortgages, you're in the best possible hands. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six or shooter an email. Su'sa dot Low's campspelled l O s E KA MP so's that dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Hey if you're forty I fifty five KARROSD talk station. Happy, Happy Monday. Returning. We've been talking to Todd Sledge from the sinc ANIAVA for years and I'm going to miss when you retire, Todd. But welcome back to the morning show. And you got some information from my veteran friends. And let me start with a question from Patrick, who's a listener. Ask the VA folks if they have an et A for the Vine Street Hospitals main elevators repair slash replacement. I don't want to catch you off guard, Todd, welcome back, but do you know the answer to that question?
Speaker 15: Well, I wish I had an answer. Brian the project's taken a little bit longer than we expected to relate it to parts, oh that we can't get. Yeah, these elevators, you know, these elevator shafts date back to the nineteen fifties and so you know they've been maintained and repaired over the many, many years. But yeah, it's a it's a part issue because of the uniqueness. Yeah, the uniqueness of these elevators. But hopefully we'll get those back up and run. And we had a we had some flooding to go through some of the shafts several weeks ago. Yeah, still we're maintaining the other We got other elevators that folks can use, but they're not as uh, they're not as convenient for our veterans as they need to be. But yeah, we're aggressively working on that issue.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I'm sure you are.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, I'm I don't know that I'm shocked to find out that, you know, parts aren't available for something that was built that long ago. Is that just may guess that makes sense, but repair they must. So anyhow, we have two things to talk about, because they sound similar, but they're completely different. The Compact Rack and the packed. So let's remind my listeners in the veteran community about the Compact Act what it's all about and what they need to know.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm glad we start with that when first, Brian, because I know, I know you've always stressed the importance of veterans to seek out their mental health needs amen from us, you know, when it's needed. And so the Compact Act was a major legislative change, one of the two that we're going to talk about today, that occurred roughly about over a little over a year ago, where at any time when a veteran is in distress, suicidal ideation, having to do some mental health issues that are just you know, disrupting their life, instead of needing to get directly to a VA for care in that immediate time and urgency, they can go anywhere in the community to get that care and get stabilized to where they are more comfortable, they're out of the situations that they're in, and then that community hospital, that private hospital, or that health agency will work with us to get the veterans transferred over to the right VA care. All of that is at no cost. So that's the big that's the biggest change. So the two biggest changes under the Compact Act are the convenience of getting the kindly care that you needed no cost to the veteran. And to date, since this legislation went in, we've helped closely over eleven hundred veterans in doing that. So that's that's been a big, big boat bonus for us and also our veterans in the community when they need to care at the right time.
Speaker 2: That's great, and that's the opportunity to remind folks. I interviewed a guy named Taylor Gray, veteran, and he apparently was a Delta Force just constantly adrenaline filled in doing all kinds of dangerous combat missions, and he got severely wounded in one of his operations, and of course he wasn't able to continue service. He could not deal with what you and I deal with on a day to day basis, which is a low key, for comparatively low stress environment. So he had to kind of work through his problems and figure out why he was what he was. But self destructive behavior, your substance abuse, issues with you know, relationships, and so he really told a great story about exactly what so many veterans are experiencing, so you've got the help there at the VA with the Compact Act. You of course have the Veterans Crisis Line which is ninety eight eight and then press one when you get connected. That's an instant opportunity. But you know, understanding the Compact Act and knowing that the good people at the VA are there for your mental health is just a great thing. And I'm glad you're able to bring that up and can get a copy of Forged in Chaos by Tyler Gray on my website. All right, let's pivot over to the Packed Act. Something completely different.
Speaker 15: Yeah, something completely different. And then it was out before the Compact Act. And this relates back to a couple of years ago where we really were stressing veterans to the It changed enrollment number one for certain level of veterans, but also the toxic exposures that veterans had been exposed to, whether you were in combat or not in combat, you know, the different exposures that are military folks Brian are exposed to on a daily basis. This is what the VA wanted to focus on. You know, you're talking not beyond the big ones, the burn pits, the oil fires and agent orange. There's pesticides, diesel fuel, jet fuel, the different cleaning solutions things on Navy ships. So all these things you know, could have a result into some future medical condition that you know. There's no family history too, it's not tied to anything other than your exposure in the military. So that healthcare piece of it getting a toxic exposure screen which is a simple questionnaire type screening that goes through your primary care physician at the VA, and then the other side of that is sitting down and talking with a certified veteran service officer. I focus a lot about going to the county offices Hamilton County, Claremont County, and Butler County as well to talk to those folks about filing for any type of level of disability compensation that could be related to that toxic exposure. And for some veterans who are who unfortunately don't become eligible because of various things, a PACKDACK submission, a new rating of some sort can get that veteran the care in the VA that they get the result to. So again it's a little complex. This is why I wanted to focus on these things. But come and talk to our experts about those, particularly a pack deck, because I have seen major, major influences, major changes happen with veterans changing their life, not also you know, monetarily with their compensation and disability, but the healthcare that's related to that's very important. And two of the big major ones a lot of veterans I've learned as a result of toxic toxic exposure is ryaniis and cyanidis. Oh, you know, just totally out of the blue. You know, it's like, never had these problems before I went in. There's no family history to it, and it's a lot of that's related to the toxic exposures.
Speaker 2: Oh about that, and you know that's obviously something that would not come immediately to mind, right exactly.
Speaker 15: Well, and that's that's the point of the packed Does a lot of these i'll call secondary or they call associated conditions you would never think would be related to just normal stuff. You just think, God, I'm getting older, you know, and the allergies or whatever in the air. But a lot of these things could be related to that veteran's military experience based upon the territory they were in, the chemicals that they were possibly exposed to, relate it to their military service or their daily mos job that they.
Speaker 1: Had fair enough.
Speaker 2: Well, coming up, we'll take a break care bring Todd Sledge from the Sincinntiva back talking about a new pilot effort, technology based pilot effort plus phone number and information about how you can apply for your VA benefits or sign up for them if you're eligible. Eight forty seven. Right now fifty five kre City talk stations stick around.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Men, when we're look at the weather this morning, got a partly cloudy, downer hands ada am, mid afternoon, possible storms eighty three for a high tonight, partly cloudy overnight with a slight chance of showers, low of sixty five, some sun tomorrow, but twelve by a possible chance of a storm. Eighty six for the high. Clouds over night but dry and the low sixty nine and a partly cloudy Wednesday going up to eighty six degrees.
Speaker 1: Closing out at seventy two. Time for final traffic.
Speaker 14: Chucks from the UCUP Traffic Center. Right now, over one hundred thousand people are waiting and hoping for an organ transplant to save them. I sign up to be an organ donor or explore living donation at u see health dot com. Slash transplant sethbound seventy time continues to slow dust of it coming out of Blackland. Otherwise traffic in pretty good shape, no longer a delay or problem. He's bound two seventy five year four also looks good. Mostellar forty two Chuck ing ram Mon fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey fifty one if you have KR City talk station Bright Thomas with since ava's Todds led talking about veterans benefits of what's available for you with the VA. You earn these benefits and take advantage of them, and for those that haven't taken advantage of enrolling in the get to get their VA benefits. I understand you got a new pilot program to try to track them down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do, Brian.
Speaker 15: You know you and I together have collectively worked on trying to make sure we all of our veterans aware of their benefits. And I've always appreciated that relationship with you and I love it so for the me too, absolutely me too. So for the last two years, this is nothing new to the to the new to the marketing world, but for the last two years, I've been trying to find a company that specifically could give me data on households of veterans here in the Tri State area through a through a customer resource management system, which is every business uses, and we finally found one and they were able to identify veteran households here in the Tri State area, which we serve fifteen counties Brian that you know, through three different states, Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio. And with this program, with that veteran data, we're able to now and text messages directly to veterans that are not enrolled in VA and ask them if they would like to be contacted about their benefits, and if they press one, we get that data back and then we will be reaching out to them and scheduling them appointments to see in eligibility specialists at the closest community based out patient clinic that we have. This is a game changer. I didn't really realize how much possible data was out there, but our first round of this pilot, that was close to thirty thousand pieces of data of veteran households that we could reach and there's about fifteen thousand, or almost half of that data of veterans who are not enrolled that are interested. So you know, our current marker of treating forty three thousand veterans. We have the potential of finding those veterans that are not using us, engaging them and getting them into the healthcare system for various kinds of things that they can use us for. Because I'm always talking about how the VA can fit into that personal healthcare portfolio. Benefit non insurance has a benefit to them, and we're really excited about this. So if veterans, if you're received a text message it seems suspicious, we all get those, Brian, we all get these.
Speaker 2: Really, that's exactly what I was thinking of, Todd Tech Fridays, Dave.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, so we we're what we've done, We've taken this a step further. If you've gotten a text message that talked about being a veteran and talking about the Cincinnati VA, you can go to our website and on our eligibility section you will see that we are validating that yes, this is coming directly from us, and this is real, and we wud love for you to respond.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, the impetus to get to the VA's website. If you get a text message, you always can't trust that it's actually coming from the original source, but you're reminding them that you're eligible for VA benefits, and that might prompt them to go directly to the source, which is the VA website, which address you're going to give here in a second when I shut up, that will be a benefit even if they choose not to click the one on the link. I mean, that's just putting them in contact with you directly.
Speaker 15: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely. Our website is very simple with Cincinnati dot VA dot gov. The three top things that folks are very interested and looking on our website as where locations of our care are and and our healthcare services and also the eligibility. So all of that's wrapped into that. But we wanted to make sure because I've got veterans in my office, They're like, tod I'd get these messages. I don't know if they're real or not exactly, So we wanted to take the take the extra step the valid data to say, yes, we are reaching out to do we want to hear film med you, and.
Speaker 3: We're excited to continue. I'm still about the personal touch, and this is why we'd have live people will be following up with these veterans that press one and a live person is going to be scheduling you with a live person on another end to talk with you about your eligibility.
Speaker 1: That's that's great.
Speaker 2: I know you're all about personal service, Todd Sledge, and I truly appreciate what you do on behalf of the veteran community, a lot of whom in my listening audience since a VA dot go get your benefits. And I'll just put a shout out to the various Veteran Service Commissions in the various counties because they can help you navigate any challenges you might come up with with enrolling for VA. But I know Todd and the team they are trying to make it as easy as possible. Todd, always a pleasure talking with you. Thanks again for what you're doing for the veteran community.
Speaker 15: Yeah you too, Brian appreciate the relationship. And if I get an update on the elevator status between now and our next time, I will definitely let you know. Sir Patrick also gets his question answered.
Speaker 1: I know you well.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother, have a great week. Say fifty five fifty five car see the talk station. Christopher Smithman always on Fire on a Monday with the Smithervan and check that out podcast fifty five Carsey dot com Money Monday, Variety of different topics with Brian James and of course again my conversation with Todd We just finished there. Fifty five carseee dot Com. Tomorrow Tuesday, the Breitbart Inside Scoop and the Daniel Davis Deep Dive and I maybe will talk up aut Israel and Iran with Daniel Davis moving away from Russia and Ukraine, or maybe we'll talk about both. You and I will find out together tomorrow. Have a great day, folks, Thanks as always the Joe Strecker, Executive Producer. You do a fantastic job, my friend.
Speaker 1: Folks. Don't go away. Gundbeck's coming up next. News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. We're moving very quickly at fifty five KRC, the talk station. This report is sponsored by Starbucks.