Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits your pow you right in the quizzer.
Speaker 2: I'm David Flora and I'm Annie Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than There are questionable pit stops for the bathroom on really long road trips, oh boy, and then regular I guess most of them are fine. I'm just thinking more about the bathroom quality itself.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see.
Speaker 2: I don't think people generally question people when they say they have to go to the bathroom. I hope not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably not a good move.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like our last few road trips we were pretty lucky. That's most of the bathroom for lovely, good job, gas stations and nailing it. I love a good road trip.
Speaker 1: To who else loves a good road trip? Annie? Well?
Speaker 2: I hope Michelle's loving her road trip.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's her birthday, birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Hope you're seeing lots of fun things and a big shout out to Jed and Stacey.
Speaker 1: We are on the road trip.
Speaker 2: With Michelle, pipew and Olive. Are you the dog? Are you Tuggy in the car? Hi? Hi, Olive, You're so good, You're really good Olive.
Speaker 1: Now Olive has to stop at a wrist.
Speaker 2: Andrea, all the new smells olive. And we want to give a shout out to Bryce for a coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you Bro, Thank you Bryce.
Speaker 2: And speaking of birthdays, Amy from Kentucky, we hope you had a nice birthday. Are we done shouting?
Speaker 1: Never? But we are for now?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is how the show works.
Speaker 1: Witz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 2: Round one. Question one, the category is literature, which two thousand and five hit novel was called Forks in its first draft because the lead seventeen year old character just moved to Forks, Washington. Question two. The category is landmarks. The Statue of Liberty is located on what island specifically. Question three category is history during the Seven Years War, the Nine Years War, and the One hundred Years War? Which longtime rival did Britain fight against? Question four? The category is film and television. This question comes from Major Data. Thank you Major What prolific actor and director started his TV career with a role as Jake in the nineteen ninety nine episode of Sex and the City titled They shoot single people, Don't They? He is also the director of the upcoming film Is This Thing on? And now? The answer is to round one. Question one? Which two thousand and five hit novel was called forks in its first draft Twilight Sparkle, Sparkle Sparkle. I mean, if you are like four hundred years old and hanging out in a high school, there's something wrong with you. I won't argue Question two. The Statue of Liberty is located on what island? Liberty Island.
Speaker 1: The monument spans Liberty and Ellis but the statue itself is on Liberty Island. Yes.
Speaker 2: Question three. During the Seven Years War, the Nine Years War and one hundred Years War, which longtime rival at Britain fight against France? In question four? Which prolific actor and director starred in Sex and the City and just directed Is This Thing on? With Will Arnutt? It's Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 1: Round two. Question five. The category is Games and Hobbies. The popular Myrtle book series is a who done it meets? What kind of puzzle? Question six? Category Animals? What is the national animal of Canada? Question seven? Category Sports? What term in tennis is used for winning a set without losing a point? Question eight? Category language. This one comes from listener Bobby, Thank you, Bobby.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bobby.
Speaker 1: Pepita is a Spanish term for what food item? And now they answers to round two. Question five. The popular Myrtle book series is a who done it meets? What kind of puzzle? Logic puzzle?
Speaker 2: I mean that's brilliant. That guy has made a lot of money. Yeah, logic puzzle, Yeah, basic concept, but they are fun.
Speaker 1: Question six? What is the national animal of Canada? Beaver? Question seven? What term in tennis has used for winning a set without losing a point? That's a golden set, I mean scoring the twenty four minimum points required to win the set six oh without conceding any points. In professional tennis, this has occurred twice in the main draw of top level events, once in a men's event in nineteen eighty three, once in a women's event in twenty twelve and question eight. Pepita is a Spanish term for what food item. It's a pumpkin seed. We'll also accept a squash seed because it's a cultivar of certain squashes.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. Category for this week's Bang Bang Round is geography. This question comes from listener Nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you, nice, very good. Knife.
Speaker 2: You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. There are ten countries that have multiple capitals. Name them. Your time starts now.
Speaker 1: And that's time. The ten countries that have multiple capitals are been in, Bolivia, Burundi, Eswatini, Ivory Coast, Malaysia, the Netherlands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and Honduras. I was useless on this one. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great list.
Speaker 1: There are probably a couple of different missions for how you go about thinking about this. One of them, for example, is the Netherlands, which has Amsterdam as the capital, but then the Hague is the de facto capital. That's that's kind of what Knife's getting at with this question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fun, Thank you Knife. And speaking of knife. Round three. Question nine. The category is geography. This question comes from listener knife thank.
Speaker 1: You, I alrighty, thank you knife.
Speaker 2: Because he also has this, which kind of goes with the bango. Name the two countries that do not have an official capital? Question ten. The category is society and culture and sports. What jewelry company makes the trophies for the NBA and the NFL? Eleven? The category is food and drink. Blue curassow is flavored with la raja la rha, a descendant of what better known fruit? Question twelve. The category is medicine. Alopecia causes what condition? And now? The answer is to round three Question nine. Name the two countries that do not have an official capital now ru na u are you and Switzerland?
Speaker 1: Burn is the defecto capital of Switzerland.
Speaker 2: H Question ten? What jewelry company makes the trophies for the NBA and the NFL? Tiffany and Co. Sure gets busy after breakfast? Question eleven. Blue curassow is flavored with lauraja, a descendant of what better known fruit? Orange. The name is cognate with Portuguese laranja for the orange. It's a descendant of the orange, the fruit of the Lauraja is too bitter like me into fibrous to be considered edible. Question twelve. Alopecia causes what condition baldness or bald spots?
Speaker 1: Round four? Question thirteen. The category is mythology In Greek mythology, who is the Queen of the Underworld? Fourteen? Category pop culture? Which actress had consumers clutching their pearls when she posed nude while seven months pregnant on the cover of a nineteen ninety one issue of Vanity Fair. Question fifteen, Category tasty lick. This one comes to us from listener Helen. Thank you, Helen, Thank you, Hellen. A tasty lick is a before and after involving a food item and a band. For example, if I said this chocolate confection would have you living on a prayer, the answer would be bonbon jovie. Here we go. Jared Leto and his brother can't wait to sink their teeth into this space themed chocolate. Question sixteen. Category transportation in the airline quantus airways quantus q A NTAs is an acronym for what and now the answers Round four Question thirteen. In Greek mythology, who is the Queen? Of the Underworld persephone. Question fourteen, which actress had consumers clutching their pearls when she posed nude while seven months pregnant on the cover of a ninety one issue of Vanity Fair Demi Moore. Question fifteen Jared Leto and his brother can't wait to sink their teeth into this spaced themed chocolate that is thirty seconds to Mars bar nice and Question sixteen and Quantus Airways. Quantus is an acronym for what Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services Tough only like.
Speaker 2: And that's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Sports. We'll give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, which former UCLA player in Spike Lee Nemesis played in the NBA for eighteen seasons for the same team without an NBA championship?
Speaker 1: Question two. The Milwaukee Brewers, LA Rams and the Saint Louis Blues all share what two team colors?
Speaker 2: Question three? Which state in the US is home to the world's largest children's museum at four hundred and seventy two thousand, nine hundred square feet or forty three nine hundred and thirty three square meters.
Speaker 1: And your Big Bang question again, the category is sports. There are only four men in NBA history to be named TJ, and they all, at one point in the career played for which team?
Speaker 2: And now the answer is to the Big Bang round. Question one? Which former UCLA player and Spike Lee nemesis played in the NBA for eighteen seasons? Reggie Miller?
Speaker 1: Question two, the Brewers, Rams, and Blues all share which two team colors blue and gold?
Speaker 2: Question three? Which state is home to the world's largest children's museum, Indiana?
Speaker 1: And finally, there are only four men in NBA history to be named TJ, and they all, at one point in their career played for which team Reggie Miller's team from Indiana whose colors are blue and gold, the Indiana Pacers.
Speaker 2: That's a funny coincidence because like, obviously Indiana is like, all right, guys, there's a TJ coming up. We need to recruit him quick.
Speaker 1: It's pretty great. Do you remember where you heard that?
Speaker 2: I think I saw it on social media and I was just like, that's wacky.
Speaker 1: That's a great trivia fact to a little piece of trivia.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Also pretty wild.
Speaker 2: The person who realized that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they came to that knowledge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they were like, that's a lot of TJ's on one team, and then like I can't think of a single TJ on another team, and then researched it. I don't know. Yeah, I don't know, but good for them for finding that random coincidence.
Speaker 1: Reggie Miller played all his years with the Pacers, all those tjs. I'm not familiar with their careers. They might have moved around. I think TJ. McConnell might still be playing for them, but that might have changed. I don't follow the NBA that closely. But yeah, what a fun, little weird sports oddity. M h Gotta love those. If you guys want to get in on some live trivia action, we have a live Zoom trivia coming up this weekend, Saturday, December thirteenth, at noon mountain time.
Speaker 2: Everyone who comes out is always super lovely. It's a very supportive, fun low STIGs, silly environments.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we have a good time, get some laughs, do some friendly competition sometimes win plungers once a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plungers are special guys. That's not something we throw out willy nilly once a month.
Speaker 1: Come on, and if you want to support us, you can always become a patron at patreon dot com slash quizbang five dollars and up. We'll get you an extra episode for the month. The last one we did was eighties toys themed and at even a dollar a month you get ad free episodes on the Patreon feed. And also if you want to keep us caffeinated, you can go to coffee dot com that's kodash Fi dot com slash Quizbang pod and send a nice cup our way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we stay awake.
Speaker 1: It's needed. We've been doing a lot of live trivia in the area lately, so there's a lot of a lot of rite and fact checking and slideshow preparation that has gone on. We need that coffee. It is utilized. So anyways, thank you for listening to this episode of quiz Quiz Bang Bang.
Speaker 2: I have been David Flora, Bani Flora, here's looking at you, Quiz