Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pup quiz practice show that it hits you a pal right in the quizzer. I'm David Flora.
Speaker 2: And I'm Annie Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than Stephen Colbert is doing special fun things in his last week.
Speaker 1: That's a host boo earns.
Speaker 2: I heard somewhere and I don't know, I didn't research this, that he might write a book about Tolkien.
Speaker 1: Well, he's supposed to be working with Peter Jackson on something.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, because that'd be great. I mean, he is the person that knows more about it than any other person.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's pretty cool. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.
Speaker 2: No, he'll be fine. Like it's sad because I enjoy his show, but he'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Some business have a few thank yous, some shout outs and a correction to make. So let's give thank you to new patron David a.
Speaker 2: Name we got there.
Speaker 1: Be a shame of someone's stole you and had some coffees come in. Thank you to the answer key eh oh or Mike and Richard. Thank you guys, appreciate you, and thanks to everyone who came to our Zoom Trivia. Our top three teams were in third place May thank ummy, second place Team Living Bigs, and first place Sonny and sixty eight in Cleveland. Congrats, guys, thank you, thank you. Fun next one is going to be the second Saturday in June. That'll be June thirteenth, And we have a correction from last episode. Rocket Scientist John pointed this out to us. He said, on your question about the largest metropolitan areas, you said Alaska is not part of the continental US, but Alaska is on the continent of North America. So the usual term to exclude Alaska or Hawaii is contiguous US. And I feel bad about that. I felt like something was wrong, but I couldn't figure out why at the time. That explains it. So thank you for succinctly pointing that out, rocket Scientist John. We appreciate that. Thank you, and that concludes the minutes from this business meeting. We are going to move on to the trivia, but first, here's how the show works. Whiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one. Question one, the category is film, which actress is set to take on the role of Jessica Fletcher in a new murder she wrote? Film, which unfortunately probably won't premiere on Halloween? Question two? Category science. In quantum mechanics, all sub atomic particles can be split into two groups, both named after physicists name either of them. Question three, the category is currency. Canadians use what foul slang word to refer to their one dollar coin, and that is fowl. Question four Category Film. This one comes to us from listener Bobby. Thank you, Bobby, Thank you mother. What was the first superhero movie to be nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards? And now the answers to round one? Question one, which actress is set to take on the role of Jessica Fletcher in a new murder she wrote? For film probably not premiering on Halloween. Jamie Lee Curtis. I read an article recent one that it's been pushed back to twenty twenty eight or something like that, so cabit Cove is safe safe Question two. In quantum mechanics, all subatomic particles can be split into two groups, both named after physicists. Name either of them. You have the fermion, which is named after Italian physicist Enrico Fermi, and Boson, which is named after Bose Einstein statistics the quantum framework pioneered by Sachendra nath Bows Question three. Canadians use what foul slang word to refer to their one dollar coin? That would be a looney and that's from a Robert Ralph Carmichael design of a common loom floating in water.
Speaker 2: They're cute birds.
Speaker 1: They're good dogs brawn. Question four? What was the first superhero movie to be nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards? Black Panther.
Speaker 2: Round two? Question five. The category is mythology. What is the name of the castle that was home to the court of King Arthur? Question six, The category is geography. Located on New Zealand's South Island and currently twelve kilometers or seven point five miles long, What is Franz Joseph? Question seven? The category is sports. In twenty ten, Roy Halliday became the second pitcher in MLB to throw a postseason no hitter, pitching for which team? Question eight. The category is society and culture. This question comes from listener jose Thank you Joe.
Speaker 1: Heank you Jos.
Speaker 2: How many amendments are there to the Constitution? And now? The answer is to round two? Question five? What is the name of the castle that was home to the court of King Arthur Camelot? It's only a model.
Speaker 1: The court and the castle itself. I believe is there considered synonymous? I think with Camelot?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Question six. Located on New Zealand South Island and currently twelve kilometers or seven point five miles long. What is Franz Joseph, It's a glacier? Question seven. In twenty ten, Roy Halliday became the second pitcher in MLB history to throw a postseason no hitter, pitching for which team, the Phillies. The first one was Don Larson, he threw the only perfect game in nineteen fifty six for the New York Yankees. Roy Halliday allowed one walk, which is why it wasn't a perfect game, but it was still a no hitter and then the Astros had a combined no hit in twenty twenty two. This is the first only combined no hitter in playoff history because there was like five of them or something.
Speaker 1: Well, because there was cheating going on.
Speaker 2: Oh heyo he Question eight. How many amendments are there to the Constitution? Twenty seven?
Speaker 1: That's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Television. This one comes to us from listener Nolan. Thank you, Nolan, Thank you Nolan. You'll have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following. There have been seven hosts during the US runs of the game shows Family Feud and Celebrity Family Feud. Name them. Your time starts now.
Speaker 2: And that's time. The seven hosts during the US run of the game show Family Feud and Celebrity Family Feud are Richard Dawson, Ray Combs, Louie Anderson, Richard carn John O'Hurley, Al Roker, and Steve Harvey. Al Roker was on a.
Speaker 1: Celebrity Celebrity I think Ray Combs was my favorite out of that list.
Speaker 2: Nice I forgot Louie Anderson did it, he was fun too.
Speaker 1: Round three. Question nine. The category is entertainment. Which Welsh singer tossed garters at his fans when he got his Hollywood Walk of Fame star? Question ten Category Food and Drink Rogan Josh from India, souvlaki from Greece, donor kebab from Turkey, and Lancashire hot Pot from England. Traditionally all contain what meat. Question eleven Category anatomy, What is the outer layer of a human cell? Called question twelve category animals. The killer whale is part of what family? And now the answers to round three. Question nine, Which Welsh singer tossed arders at his fans when he got his Hollywood Walk of Fame star Tom Jones?
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: That's not unusual. Also if you want a good warm up exercise, which Welsh singer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a tongue twister.
Speaker 1: Which Welsh singer tossed garters at his fans? Question ten Rogan Josh, Souvlaki, donor kebab and Lancashire Hotpots traditionally all contain what meat lamb Question eleven, what is the outer layer of a human cell? Called the cell membrane or plasma membrane. Question twelve. The killer whale is part of what family? The Latin is Delphinidai or oceanic dolphin?
Speaker 2: Round four? Question thirteen. The category is literature. Which literary character is the ship's cook that led a mutiny on the Hispaniola? Question fourteen? The category is games and hobbies. This question comes from major data the gu Major Dada. Leslie Scott invented Jinga after learning about a game in what African country? Question fifteen. The category is film. Duke Weazleton and Zutopia, Gary and the New Superman Hey Hey in Mowana and Valentino in Wish are all voiced by which actor? Question sixteen? Tegory is history. Who was the King of Great Britain during the American or Revolutionary War? And now? The answer is to round four? Question thirteen, Which literary character is the ship's cook that led a mutiny on the Hispaniola? Long John Silver best portrayed by Tim Curry in The Muppets Treasure Island. Question fourteen. Leslie Scott invented Jenga after learning about a game in what African country? Ghana? Specifically in Takaradi Ghana. Question fifteen, Duke Weaselton in Dutopia, Gary and the New Superman Hey, Hey, and Mowana and Valentino and Wish are all voiced by which actor Alan Tudick. And that's like a very small slice of all the voice acting he's doing right now.
Speaker 1: What a treasure?
Speaker 2: Question sixteen? Who was the King of Great Britain during the American Revolutionary War? King George the Third?
Speaker 1: That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is space. We'll give you three questions, the answers of which were all clues to the final question. Keep in mind the three clue questions may not be from the same category as the final question.
Speaker 2: One McCarthyism spread fear by searching for people who were allegedly associated with what political party?
Speaker 1: Question two? What is the largest Roman archaeological feature in Britain?
Speaker 2: Question three the failed assassination attempt of King James. The first was known as what plot?
Speaker 1: And your Big Bang question again? The category space What countries? Space travelers have been called tycho knots by some English language media since at least nineteen ninety eight, and that's spelled taiko nauts.
Speaker 2: And now the answers to the Big Bang round. McCarthyism spread fear by searching for people who were allegedly asociated with what political party? Communist?
Speaker 1: Question two? What is the largest Roman archaeological feature in Britain Hadrian's Wall?
Speaker 2: Question three the failed assassination attempt of King James. The first was known as what plot? Gunpowder?
Speaker 1: And finally what country. Space travelers have been called tychokonots by some English language media since at least nineteen ninety eight. Known for communism, It's wall and the invention of gunpowder. It's China.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting because you hear about the cosmonauts a lot and astronauts. Yeah, we don't hear.
Speaker 1: Well, it's kind of a murky origin for that term because from what I understand and over there they call them hong te ony on, which is heaven or cosmos navigating personnel, and that's what they use for their own astronauts. But yeah, taycho knots I think comes from some version of like space traveler. It's kind of I got the sense it was kind of cobbled together in maybe a slang term or something like that, but I'm not sure exactly, but yeah, that's if you ever hear that that term, that's who it's referring to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very interesting.
Speaker 1: So thank you guys so much for listening. Thank you, thanks again for all your support.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Check out quizbangpod dot com to find out more ways to support besides just listening, and if you're in the Gunnison Valley you can see a calendar with our live events. So for this episode of Quiz Quisbankbang, I have been David Flora.
Speaker 2: I've Banani Flora. Here's looking at you, quiz