Speaker 1: Uh, renting a car and I don't know if it's just Hurts. I know Hurts is doing it. It's not at every airport. Their plan is for it to be at every airport. Right, So you you rent a car from Hurts. And again if another if another car company is doing this, somebody will let me know. And by the way, if anybody's encountered this, please please call me. Eight six six to Elliot eight six six two three five five four six eight. Also, I wonder if somebody who works for Hurts would know about it.
Speaker 2: Maybe Kristen.
Speaker 1: Well, you see, if somebody works for Hurts eight six six to Elliot eight six six two three five five four six eight. So somebody flies to Atlanta and I know that they that the Hurts has this in Atlanta. They get off the plane, they go rent a car, They drive away in the car. Everything is fine, They come back to drop the car off to fly back. When they return the car, when you pull into like the car rental return area, you know, it's like sometimes the guy or the woman comes over to the car and they'll go, you know, how was everything, And they give a little look sie for me, and they give a little look Sie and they do the same thing before you leave, Like they may walk around the car, or they'll just or they'll ask you sometimes, Hey, if you notice anything you know bigger than what is.
Speaker 2: It, like a corner or whatever? Yeah, let us know.
Speaker 1: Right. So, now, when you pull back into Hurts, it almost looks like you're driving through just a It almost looks like it would be the entry to get into.
Speaker 2: A car wash. But it's real narrow. It's not like you're going through this long tube.
Speaker 1: It's almost like a almost like a collar if you will that you would drive through. And when you do that, it examines the car like an MRI. Yeah, except an MRI to me is a twoe. But yeah, it's kind of the same thing. You drive through.
Speaker 3: Almost like an arch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it and it's it quickly studies the car.
Speaker 3: Seen this, it's just the picture you painted.
Speaker 2: Thank you. So you don't interact with anybody. You just pull up.
Speaker 1: It does its thing, You get out, you leave right because everything is fine, and you go on. You get your bag, you maybe you throw out your trash, maybe you don't, whatever, and.
Speaker 2: Then you leave.
Speaker 1: But through AI, this little machine assesses the car.
Speaker 3: Or dents or anything.
Speaker 1: For this guy, it was a one inch I want to make sure I have it right. A one inch scuff on the driver's side front tire.
Speaker 3: Okay, one inch is pretty small and it's a scuff.
Speaker 2: Four hundred and forty dollars in damages.
Speaker 3: Say that again. On the driver's side a.
Speaker 1: Rear Okay, here it is one inch scuff on the driver's side rear wheel of the Volkswagon he rented from the Hurtz location at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Four one hundred and forty dollars. My God's play more than the rental liss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, they do come back to you and go listen. You now as four hundred and forty dollars.
Speaker 3: If you pay immediately, we'll knock fifty dollars off. Oh thank you.
Speaker 1: If you if you wait three or four days, that will go down to only thirty dollars off.
Speaker 3: When is the money Dubai?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Well, you're saying if you pay now or pay in three or four days.
Speaker 2: Seven days, you have a total of seven days to pay.
Speaker 3: It's not a lot of time. They come up with five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: No, it's even worse if you want to challenge the charge.
Speaker 3: Oh like the AI missed it for the last rental.
Speaker 1: Or you just want to go yeah, or I don't it wasn't there when I you're just arguing you want to go Hey, listen, First of all, it's a one in scuff on the wheel.
Speaker 3: I right written it down the.
Speaker 2: Okay, but maybe maybe maybe you did scuff it? Who cares?
Speaker 3: Are they willing to even look at your notes? Are they just relying totally a machine?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, no no no, wait, which way.
Speaker 3: Has the machine taken over where you don't if it hurts this case down in Atlanta, you don't fill anything out anymore. It's scanned and then you rent it and it's scanned again by the tube. So like you don't get a say in what damage is on the car?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I thought like I could maybe argue, hey, I I wrote that down.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let's say you wanted to. Let's say you were like I made a note that this was here.
Speaker 3: You're something. I don't even get the hand in that note anymore.
Speaker 2: No, you don't, you don't.
Speaker 3: That's why I take photos.
Speaker 2: You could go online.
Speaker 3: You could go online and challenge it via their website.
Speaker 1: Well, you can either challenge it or you can send a through through through their chatbot.
Speaker 2: You can say you're not talking to anybody.
Speaker 1: You can you can send them a note that says, hey, I think there's a discrepancy that wasn't there.
Speaker 3: Or here's my time stamped photo that I took.
Speaker 1: And then you will get you will get a bounce back from them that says thank you.
Speaker 2: All requests will be reviewed in ten.
Speaker 4: Days, which is beyond the window of the seven that you're supposed to pay it.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, gotcha.
Speaker 4: So even though they have to pay and then get a refund if they go with you, Yeah.
Speaker 3: How much money are they going to make up? Yes, you think speed came it hurts our revenue.
Speaker 1: Thinks they're going to make a ton of money, And they are, absolutely they are if they're charged.
Speaker 3: But they're also charging a lot for what seems like a little So forget detecting damage. It's also the fine.
Speaker 1: Four hundred and forty dollars for a one inch scuff that they would have let fly. Yeah yeah, oh my god, I bet I could go downstairs right now and find half the cars in the parking lot have a scuff.
Speaker 2: On their tires.
Speaker 1: Have you ever rented a car and been like, excuse me, can't rent this scuff on the tire.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even write that down.
Speaker 3: I've definitely pointed stuff out before.
Speaker 2: A scuff on a tire, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, No, tell me there's a d I know, tell me there's a ding. Fine, But because somebody parked too close to the curb, I don't write that down.
Speaker 3: This story. Where is me enough? I would prevent anyone from renting from Hurts from from that location that I knew had this machine.
Speaker 1: The well, unfortunately for you, you'll know that the machine is there on your return.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm aware of it now because of this report.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's not it is not being used mass right now.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 2: Oh no, Hurts ha said, it's common. Yeah, it's common.
Speaker 3: So when you when you.
Speaker 1: Which I'm also again, think of all the jobs it's going to eliminate when you reserve the car.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, the Hurts already allowed you to walk right to a car. I mean they eliminated jobs before this, I agree, But when when you reserve it, you're you have no way of telling if this airport or an airport is using one of these machines.
Speaker 1: I would bet not I bet if you I bet if you were to just go rent a car pull up hurts National Airport.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not going to go through every step though, That's what I'm saying. Is there a point where there's really fine print?
Speaker 1: If it's fine print, nobody's reading it? No, I would, I would have no idea. I would have no idea. Man, four hundred and forty dollars for a scuff damp. And again, you don't know if once you once you drove through, if the what if the guy who was moving the car to put it back to the fleet scuff that together on the way back. There's you see what I mean. It's got like a little cut, like a little arch thing that you drive through.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, it's very bright too.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's it's illuminating.
Speaker 1: And it's pictures of all your danse that you put in the goddamn car.
Speaker 2: Hi, yell yea in the morning?
Speaker 5: Is this me? Yeah? Hi?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 3: This is Wayne down in Fredericksburg.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, what can I do for you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: You could buy a new tire for one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, but unfortunately this one is four hundred and forty dollars. Just bring him a tar the well, no, sorry, sir, I don't want your tire.
Speaker 2: What I want is your four hundred and forty dollars and the other thing is in the hill.
Speaker 1: This tire doesn't need hey, thank you, sir. It's a little windy. This tire doesn't need to be replaced. It's got us just stuffed.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I was assuming that you were scanning. In my head, it was basically getting scanned before you got the rental. But you you mentioned it being moved around the garage.
Speaker 2: It did get scanned before you got it when that last guy brought it back in.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you then brought up an employee moving it from when I dropped it off in that big line before it got to the big scanning machine. But what about all the movement ry?
Speaker 1: Oh, I was talking about it after it went through the scanning machine.
Speaker 2: But he well, then the scaler picked it up.
Speaker 3: Yes, but like I, it could have been moved around since the last time it was scanned internally.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 1: I could have picked it up afterwards and been like okay, and then when I go park it scuffs, I'll just drive it right back in a circle and go right through it.
Speaker 2: That's on you.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, now you're saying that's a corrupt business. Yes, you could argue the merits of a machine like this and the nit pickiness of it, But I'm not then inserting some sort of scheme other than money making Maine learning AI arch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am, and would not feel badly about it.
Speaker 3: Is AI bad? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, don't say that I'm having a relationship.
Speaker 2: My best friend is an AI chat bot.
Speaker 3: Actually, did you see how much? And I'm sure it's for the NHL too, I was reading about it for the NBA. How much artificial and eligence is being used for the drafts?
Speaker 2: Yes? Holy I hate it.
Speaker 3: Perhaps they referred to the traditional box score as kindergarten math compared to the analytics that they've been able to pull on all of these uh eligible to.
Speaker 2: All these kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's horrible, you know, honestly, So you don't you think that it's bad?
Speaker 2: I do? Oh, I do? You know why? Because I need to see you play?
Speaker 3: But this goes back to your dream of being a scout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but scouts get it right.
Speaker 3: But they're saying scouts are using the AI along with their own knowledge. It's not just the machine eliminating your future job.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: No, that's true for now, for now, and I would know I'll lose my mind.
Speaker 2: I better get hired before this happens.
Speaker 1: The and unfortunately I'm not on really a track yet to get hired.
Speaker 2: The no.
Speaker 1: No, but it like there and listen, I'm sure some of the analytics are good, but there's give me the sniff test.
Speaker 2: I got to see it in action dating a chat bonk.
Speaker 3: But they said, like you you can get some sort of output on hours and hours of footage that would take a scout days to watch in seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what, I want to be able to see it. Yeah, you know what, you know what? You know what? The analytics can't tell me. What's he like on the bench? What's he like on the locker room? No, no, you better be deep. If the bar is your a good locker room guy, Our bar is really low. But the no, no, But I want to know, like, is he is he coaching on the bench? Is he is he talking to teammates about what they're seeing? Analytics isn't picking up on that.
Speaker 3: It could detect if that was going on.
Speaker 2: That's a chat bond.
Speaker 3: You always go back to that. We're not trying to figure out which of these college kids is dating. No operating sys.
Speaker 2: Just every AI person, don't talk bad. I'm dating an AI chatbud's my best friend. Hi Ellie at the morning.
Speaker 3: It almost at this point it seems like, Hey, you were scorned chatbot. You bring it up so much.
Speaker 2: No, because that's always the go to.
Speaker 3: No, it's not for you. It is No.
Speaker 2: Everybody I'm dating to chat bar.
Speaker 3: No one's ever told me that. No one's ever defended AI to me by saying they're in a relationship.
Speaker 2: But yeah, with AI is bad.
Speaker 1: AI is bad because it eliminates what humans can do, what robots can do. We make mistakes, yeah, sure, sometimes do computers make mistakes?
Speaker 2: Yes, they do.
Speaker 1: I know, garbage in, garbage out, whatever, Hi Elliot.
Speaker 2: At the morning.
Speaker 5: Hey this is from Richmond. I just wanted to let you know that I actually read another article that Amazon is using the same archway, if you will, for their Amazon delivery drivers, so when they leave the bay, it scans them. They all have to go through this thing. It scans them and then and they come back into the bays at the end of the day or at the end of their shift, that scans them again. So they're on the hook for any potential damages as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what let me ask you this, okay, and I get it, Like if well, let me let me not say I get it.
Speaker 2: Let's break that in half.
Speaker 1: Right, Guy's driving an Amazon truck and he goes out and he he hits something, he clips something with his mirror and is like, I'm not going to tell Jeff, and so they don't know. Well, that's bad because he did that and he should know. What if on the far passenger side somebody somebody opened their door and dinged it on the side the guy doesn't even know nor should he be responsible for that.
Speaker 2: So I don't like that. I don't like that.
Speaker 5: No, I agree with you. No, I agree with you. I'm just just saying that, Like, you know, that's how far this technology has come. It's come so fast that I mean even Dam's Club has something very similar.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: They have an archway that you walk through and instead of the person kind of grown going through your grocery on your your ticket, you just go through this archway and then if something's kind of weird, uh, then they'll stop you because it pops up on their little scanner.
Speaker 2: I got it, I got you. Hey, I appreciate it. Thank you. And it's Sam's Club, what like three people going through there?
Speaker 3: Very popular?
Speaker 1: Yea, nobody goes to Sam's Club. Okay, nobody goes to Sam. No, you know what, I always confuse him. I'm wrong because the one on Wilson is the one I'm thinking of. That's BJ's. Nobody goes to be, not the one on not the one on Wilson. Not the one on Wilson. The one on Wilson honestly is used for Facebook like like sales in the parking lot and custody exchanges from Jonathan.
Speaker 3: I rent from sixty.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, very good.
Speaker 3: I have a similar machine.
Speaker 2: I won't do that anymore.
Speaker 3: You still have a chance to look at the car before leaving, but you exit through their AI machine.
Speaker 2: Do you really?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: And their their service was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did it once for the show. Yeah, sixty was tried it again somewhere, but they hadn't even entered into whatever market we were flying out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sixty was good.
Speaker 3: I like them, Timmy, I gotta be careful though, Toronto. Why need to be careful.
Speaker 1: Well, because I don't want to come back in now and find out somebody somebody ding me while I was getting gas because I won't prepay. But I was getting gas someone dingy. I didn't know what's wrong.
Speaker 3: You also don't get gas.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to set up a scenario. I'm dating an AI jack.
Speaker 4: You like to pay twelve dollars an he didn't get the gas station and you don't fill up right, Well, we're running late.
Speaker 3: You're smarter than the machine, Timmy. For Toronto. I had an argument over damage with a car rental company in Columbia. I canceled my credit card and after I returned it and before I took off, nothing ever came of it. They wanted ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was just getting ready to flip out of like, how do you cancel your credit card? You're in Columbia and I'm assuming it ain't Maryland ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: And then Gabe with his own camera found this stain in a rental once wonders if you can detect what it is. It's not on the screen. Actually, actually, I need your permission to put.
Speaker 2: This up there if you rented that before you got in the car.
Speaker 3: This is between Gabe's legs.
Speaker 1: Diane, what's going on there?
Speaker 3: What's going on there? Not me in that car?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's from my check butt that I'm dating.
Speaker 3: Have you ever and because for this car, I definitely would have? But have you ever.
Speaker 2: Mucked the seats?
Speaker 3: That wasn't the question? Have you ever? I feel like whenever we do the song and dance, every time we did it last year when we went to Chicago over the summer, we will open up the doors, put luggage in, and then get out of at least two cars before we finally settle on the one we are taking. Oh no, you're straight to one and that's it.
Speaker 1: Mm.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't while I'm walking, when we're walking down the aisle, the first one I see that, I like, we're getting.
Speaker 3: In, but you're then You've never even sat down in the driver's seat and said, nah, this is not for us.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, no, we're in.
Speaker 3: That's part of the process. We're in a lot for that.
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute, there's muck on the seat. Well, that is disgusting. No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get out and go get into a different car. Okay, what do you like, Well, get out of the.
Speaker 2: Get out of this. But I didn't notice down the road there's a Lamborghini. Kids.
Speaker 1: Don't look at it. You know you're not allowed. Hi, Elliott the morning.
Speaker 6: Hey, this is me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hi, who's that.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna say my name on this one.
Speaker 7: Okay, But I rented a Tesla a few years ago and like an acorn or something dropped on the I think it was a walnut.
Speaker 6: It dropped on the roof, which you know is like fully made of glass, right, shattered like fighter web, shattered the entire thing. And I was like, oh god, they're going to charge me so much for this, but I don't have the money, so I'm not going to deal with it. So I took the car back to the rental center and I had my daughter with me, and at the time she was three, and I was like, just don't see it when I'm returning it. Okay, Like we're all good. The return agent was just so obsessed with my daughter. She was like, Oh my god, she's so cute. How old is she? She wrote the whole receipt for me saying that the car was a return in perfect condition, and.
Speaker 1: Did you ever get anything in return? Like later, nothing, never, never.
Speaker 6: I was holding my breath like, oh god, they're going to charge me so much to this whole roof. It was the roof and the backglass that everything got tore up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how lucky? How lucky did you get my I.
Speaker 6: You know, flow clap for my daughter for being super cute and.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, wow, that's awesome. I don't even know that I would have brought the car back. I would have just someone stole it.
Speaker 1: That's that's rough, because you're right, you're getting charged like crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, very good, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, Tyler, may I take you to the other side of that story. Yes, from Aby don't rent a car in the rain. It caused me to not see a small crack in the windshield that was already there. They maybe buy a whole new windshield, and it caused my insurance to go on.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? Why didn't he argue it?
Speaker 3: They clearly said that he caused it. He had no proof.
Speaker 2: No, well, yeah, he was there when I got.
Speaker 3: In, So is he saying that that's on you?
Speaker 2: How did you not catch it before I took it?
Speaker 3: The machine maybe would have helped him. They will not if it had been done through after the last drome maybe maybe, or unless it was caused by an employee like you said. Yes, I mean, I would have argued, how do you not catch that? And they would have been like, because we do catch stuff like that. Stupid. He should have used his dog to distract the employee. That's what his profile picture is.
Speaker 2: God, that sucks, and then your whole insurance goes up.
Speaker 3: AB I'm sorry if that picture is in memorial.
Speaker 2: No, that's okay. Oh rip Lucy.
Speaker 3: That's huge. I know you keep his sons like just when he gets past
Speaker 1: Updating a Chatmont