Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up news.
Speaker 2: You need advice, you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter is gonna help coming man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martine welcome.
Speaker 5: Hello, Tom Bartino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: How's everything going.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about your life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. All you have to do is give us a call. Today is Car Friday. Now that doesn't mean we talk just cars, but it is one of our main topics. But we want to start out with a problem that came up yesterday which has nothing to do with cars. It has to do with roofs. It brings up several good topics. First of all, I'm talking to Judy, and Judy, I believe it is in her eighties. She owns a home, her husband died a few years ago, and she's a bit overwhelmed.
Speaker 4: Her insurance company, State Farm, says.
Speaker 5: Hey, you got to trim some trees and do some stuff before we're going to reinsure your house. And she's going to have trouble finding insurance, and if she does, she's going to be forced to replace her roof because insurance companies will not insure a home with a very old, dilapidated roof. Now, when a roof wears out in Colorado, we're under the impression insurance should pay for it. We almost never buy a roof, I'll bet you Excel Roofing very seldom does what's called a retail job. That's where someone calls and says I need a new roof, and they say, okay, that'll be twenty five thousand, and the consumer pays. The consumers wait and hope that insurance will pay based on an event. Judy had her gutters cleaned under that Excelroofing dot com special, a gutter cleaning special, and when they went to her home, one of the people from Excel said, your roof is in terrible condition and you need a new roof. It looks like it's wind damaged. Now, I want to explain something to people. If your roof became wind damaged over time, because wind gusts come here, wind custs come there, high winds, low winds, in between winds. Over a few years, you get missing tiles other problems.
Speaker 4: Your insurance is not going to cover that.
Speaker 5: Insurance are for casualty events that means a storm, that means sustained winds or hail or some kind of clamor. It does not simply cover a roof because it's old and wind damaged. So I asked Henry Bretts from Excel Roofing to take a look at the photos that were taken when they got when those guys were out there the picks.
Speaker 4: Take a look at it and compare it to the weather.
Speaker 5: Find out if you can tie this to a wind event, a wind storm, or a hailstorm. By the way, I want to mention, she lives in Colorado, in Denver.
Speaker 4: Had someone thought.
Speaker 2: She was in Wyoming, she is not. She is in Denver.
Speaker 4: Henry, from looking.
Speaker 5: At those photos, you can clearly see you can clearly see the roof is in bad shape.
Speaker 4: But can you tie it to an event.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So the date that we believe that the majority of this damage came from was from July twentieth, twenty twenty four. We saw some really significant I can't win around this area. I'm about sixty to seventy five miles per hour, and when we had our project manager out there, the majority of the shingles have actually had uplift and will lift up.
Speaker 8: And there are some shingles that.
Speaker 7: Have actually blown off the roof so they're completely missing.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you believe she could have a claim based on did you tell your insurance company? Yeah, Judy, yes, did your adjuster? Did you tell them a date of a storm?
Speaker 9: I never saw the adjuster.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I believe we can proceed with an insurance claim with State Farm since they are roofing experts. They looked at the weather, they tracked the weather, they tracked the roofs, and they believe it was an actual windstorm.
Speaker 9: So I remember when I remember it, but I don't remember the date.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 5: Henry's going to walk you through filing a claim, and if you have a lot of trouble, we may get a public adjuster involved.
Speaker 4: Public adjusters are.
Speaker 5: Specifically licensed to fight with insurance companies for you, and they take a percentage, and don't worry about that percentage.
Speaker 4: It's they always collect more than you can anyway.
Speaker 5: But first excel rouping of course can help with basic insurance claims.
Speaker 2: And he's going to.
Speaker 5: Walk you through what to do. Ok and if you if you have any trouble with State farm. We're going to jump on them. Okay, okay. So but in our conversations, Judy, you mentioned your husband died, that state farm says you got to trim trees. You said there are a number of issues around the house and you're finding it. What I You didn't say this, but I said you were finding finding home ownership without your husband a little overwhelming because your home is getting up there in years, and you have a lot of you only have six hundred dollars in the bank.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to tell you something. I very seldom.
Speaker 5: Recommend specific items for people, but I was thinking, what can help Judy. She's not going to be eligible for a lot of stuff because she owns a home. Then I thought, there is no downside to what I'm going to recommend.
Speaker 4: Now, you don't have to do it.
Speaker 5: But Judy, over the next few years, you're in your eighties, your home is getting up there in age. You're going to have things you have to do on your home, and you know you can't take out credit card debt and all of that. I mean, you're going to be faced with things that have to be done. Who knows when your water heater is going to go or your HVAC. I mean, how old is your home, Judy?
Speaker 9: It was built in nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 5: Nineteen sixty two, Okay, so you know that there probably are a lot of deferred maintenance items that you can't afford if they.
Speaker 4: Come up in the next few years.
Speaker 5: So I consulted one of our experts at CMG Financial about a reverse loan.
Speaker 2: Let me explain. You know, like I said, you are tailor made.
Speaker 5: This is what the government and this is what lenders had in mind when they invented the reverse loan. Number One, you're in your eighties. Number two, your house is paid for. Number Three, you don't care about moving. You want to stay there the rest of your life. Do I have those three issues?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 5: You're in your eighties, your house is paid for, and you want to stay there the rest of your life.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now, even if you want to leave your home to someone, a reverse loan is still in the cards for you.
Speaker 4: At your age.
Speaker 5: I'm going to bring up John Clace right now with partner in lending dot com, SAMG Financial.
Speaker 4: He does reverse loans.
Speaker 5: John, I'd venture to say, if she's in her early eighties, she has a house paid for and the house What is your house worth, Judy?
Speaker 2: What have the houses like yours been selling for?
Speaker 9: Roughly about four hundred thousand when we thought it, we paid fifteen thousand back way back when.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, so four hundred thousand. Let's say, John, if she could get an appraisal of four hundred thousand in her eighties, I mean she's And credit doesn't well, credit only matters a certain extent. They don't really care a lot about credit. And you have to have taxes and insurance. But and how do you pay your taxes and insurance?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 9: I had enough in savings that I was able to pay the first half. The second half is coming due in June.
Speaker 4: And do you have that money?
Speaker 9: That's the six hundred dollars that I'm going to use. And then I'm going to sell some of my things, the personal things, to see if I can ramp it up.
Speaker 5: See, Judy, I don't want you. I don't want you selling off your personal stuff. This is not the way your husband would want it. This is not the way a person lives whose home is paid off and they've worked hard all their lives. John, what's best case scenario and worst case scenario?
Speaker 4: You're on a reverse loan for Jude.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she'd probably get up to one hundred and eighty thousands. You know, I'm either a line of credit or a lump sum. Probably a line of credit now, Junior, and then you know they just can make pay your bills and do whatever she wants with those those.
Speaker 5: Funds, Udy, Let's say one hundred and fifty to one hundred and eighty thousand, let's just be conservative. This would be a reverse loan, but it would be a line of credit.
Speaker 4: Let me explain this to you.
Speaker 5: It would be an emergency fund available when you need it, and you would literally be able to write a check for any amount of money and it would go again, and it would be taken from this line of credit. When it's taken from this line of credit, you never have to pay it back your home. It'll occrue against your home. And as I said, this is why reverse loans were invented for people like you. Upon your death, had you planned on leaving your home to anyone.
Speaker 9: My daughter and granddaughter.
Speaker 5: Okay, now I'm going to explain this to you. That debt that you take out during your life to fix the house and keep it up is gonna come out of their equity. But here's what I say, Judy. The house is paid for, and if you don't have this line of credit to do the deferred maintenance and things that come up, they're not going to have much when they inherit it because they're gonna have to pay for that.
Speaker 4: So no matter what, you're doing them a service.
Speaker 5: Now, if they inherit a house with a little less equity, so what. And if they complain about it, I'm not saying they would. But I tell people who are elderly who have kids that expect to inherit a house, I tell them, if you don't want me to have a reverse loan, then you put the new roof on, or you put new windows in, or you buy the furnace, or you paint the house. Judy, I suspect that your daughter probably would not be greedy and she would want you to get a reverse loan.
Speaker 4: She can't afford to pay you money.
Speaker 9: I haven't heard from her my since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 5: Then why would you leave it to any of that? Screw them, Leave it to me, Leave it to me. I'm just kidding, by the way, I truly, honest to God, am kidding.
Speaker 4: Judy, don't.
Speaker 5: Okay, now find a good cause. Well listen, if you want to leave it to your kids, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I am going to tell you this. You need to talk to John at CMG Financial about a reverse loan. You truly need to get a reverse loan. Can you imagine what a relief this will be to you? Think about this, Judy. Someone says, someone says, you need a new furnace and it's going to be six thousand dollars or eight thousand. You can write a check for it and you never have to pay it back.
Speaker 9: Well, it's funny. They do need it. You're the water heater right now.
Speaker 5: You need a new water here. John, I'm sorry you were walked on. What did you say, John, I'm saying.
Speaker 8: And also she's guaranteed you can live there for the rest of her life. Then of her life. You know that. That's some of the guarantees that come with it. Also, as long as she makes the property tax.
Speaker 5: Great part about it, Judy, Judy, here's the great part about it. If you don't pay, if you don't use the line of credit, you're not paying interest on the line of credit.
Speaker 10: How do you calculate John, how do you calculate her income to qualify?
Speaker 4: So you take whatever the property.
Speaker 10: Taxes are HOA if there's an ho way and what else? What? What? What do you look at? What kind of income does she need?
Speaker 8: We take square footage and kind of put a maintenance number down. Most people, what's even with social Security number? Social security income can qualify because we can also use some of the equity in the house to help qualify that.
Speaker 6: Right, got the number to that, right?
Speaker 5: Right, So it's important that you do this almost immediately, Judy. Think of the weight. Think of the weight that would be lifted off your shoulders.
Speaker 4: Think about it.
Speaker 9: To have that money available, it's not even funny.
Speaker 5: Now, Judy, here's another thing I want to say, and I say this because it has happened in the past. Because you'll have this pot of money that you can draw from in emergencies. There might be people who, through one way or another, discover that you have a reverse loan and they come to you and they try to sell you stuff. Be very judicious on how you spend this money. And unfortunately, we've had people in your bracket who have borrowed money and they've gone up.
Speaker 4: To Blackhawk and tried to hit it rich and they've gone broke. So please, I don't mean to preach to you.
Speaker 5: I have no right to, but I will say this, Judy, it is tempting when you have a lump sum of money to do things you normally wouldn't do, and I'm urging you not to do that.
Speaker 9: So I no, I don't do stuff like that, you.
Speaker 5: Know, but certainly no one would blame you if you wanted something and bought it to bring your life more happiness, you know. I mean, obviously you can spend the money anyway you want. I'm just saying, be very very careful. And if anyone ever hits you up and wants to sell you something or home improvement or something, or they knock on your door, you tell them wait, I want to check with my friend Tom Martino first. And you do, and you call me. You'll always have it. You can always call three zero three Martino. You say this is Judy, and we will help you. Okay. The next call you're going to get. The next call you're going to get is from John Clace for to get that reverse loan started. Now that's if you want. I'm not trying to talk to you too, but I believe you're a candidate. Then Henry Brett's from Excel Roofing. He's going to try to get you that new roof through insurance. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I love when we can help people.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 5: One way to help people telling them about great people like Frank durand the real estate Man.
Speaker 4: We're talking about real estate.
Speaker 5: If you ever wanted to know what your house will sell for, Frank does it free of.
Speaker 4: Charge, absolutely no obligation.
Speaker 5: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixty two. Hi Tom Martino, here, It's car Day today. And I should introduce the peeps that we have, and if you stream the show with video, you'll see their ugly mugs. And then we have some pretty mugs. So of course we have in the studio. If I look at the camera, here, let me see, because it's getting scary.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 5: We got the big head you see on the left is Uncle Kevin shared in auto tech.
Speaker 10: Can you see your reflection in his head?
Speaker 4: Yes? I do.
Speaker 5: Then we have Major Mark Major, and then Sus who's cut off a little there.
Speaker 4: There you go, Sus. And then we have some sisters.
Speaker 5: There are common ladies today now, as you know, we had this tradition before and we're bringing it back.
Speaker 4: We call them common men and women.
Speaker 5: They're from the great on way from our audience, and we call them commoners because we're elitists.
Speaker 4: Just kidding.
Speaker 5: So when you come into the studio, you I used to say, you get to bask in my glory. I'm not there in person right now, but sisters, I am there in spirit. The sisters are Stephanie and Laurie. Now that's not my Stephanie. That's a Stephanie and Laurie. And they have something called sisters Sweet Treats. Now if you go to the website, what you'll find is a website that sells candy. Wow, speaking of candy, that's here Bo brought me multie.
Speaker 4: You know what's unique.
Speaker 11: About their candy freeze dried.
Speaker 12: It is such a different texture. It's so cool cool.
Speaker 4: Do they actually make the candy?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: That hi, Tom?
Speaker 12: Yes, we do make the candy.
Speaker 2: And you make those cakes.
Speaker 12: We make the cookies cakes, yes, cookies and oreos and pretzels.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Do you sell insulin.
Speaker 12: That we do? Not?
Speaker 5: Okay, Hey, listen, look at that cott cake, Tom, Look at that thing?
Speaker 4: Is that cotton candy?
Speaker 5: It's called it's called the it's called the candy store.
Speaker 4: Literally, right it is.
Speaker 10: How long do you think it takes to freeze dry of pineapple?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: I imagine there.
Speaker 5: Are artificial ways to do it right, to free well, there has to be.
Speaker 4: It's not going to naturally.
Speaker 10: Freeze dry fry in their candy machine.
Speaker 4: They freeze dry like skittles and then when they're gone.
Speaker 5: Me, can someone explain to me, really explain to me first, what is freeze drying? I mean, I hear about it and I always nod my head all freeze dried?
Speaker 4: What exactly does that mean?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 12: So what we do is we put it in our freeze driye machine, and what that does is it pulls out all of the moisture first, and then it hooked up to a pump and it pumps everything full of air. After it pulls every bit of moisture out of the candy, then it puffs it full of air. And that's the process.
Speaker 4: Why do they call it freeze dried because.
Speaker 12: It is literally freeze dried like we can do food, you know, like army ration meal type of thing that pulled. That's the same thing. They pull out all the moisture out of the food, so little will last forever, well twenty years.
Speaker 5: But freezing, the word freeze gets me. It's not literally a freezing like in a freezer.
Speaker 12: Do you know it actually does in the first twenty minutes of the process, it cools the chamber down and it actually does freeze the candy, and then it pulls the moisture out and then it puffs out there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So once something is freeze dried, it can't be reconstituted.
Speaker 2: You just eat it that way, right.
Speaker 12: Actually it can be reconstituted sosis exactly.
Speaker 4: You just add water.
Speaker 12: So we can freeze dry fish and add water.
Speaker 10: It's cheap Chinese noodles, right, exactly, exactly, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 12: Nobody really reconstitutes candy, but you can just add water.
Speaker 5: Okay, So explain to me why the flavor would be different, as sus mentioned, with freeze drying as opposed to just drying. You know, I've had dried dried fruits. What's the difference in flavoring for candy.
Speaker 12: Well, since it pulls out the moisture, the flavor actually gets intensified. So like with our Skittles and with our Jolly Ranchers, it's like a burst of flavor in your mouth just because it pulls out all the moisture, so you're left with nothing but flavor.
Speaker 4: Now, wait a minute.
Speaker 5: You just mentioned Skittles, which is a brand name, and Jolly Rancher, So do you actually re do those for people to buy or do you make your own version of them?
Speaker 12: We actually do buy those name brands and then we freeze dry them and repackage them ourselves.
Speaker 11: And it's such a cool texture, Tom, It's like nothing else. Like it's just way different than like freeze dried fruit or beef turkey or any of them.
Speaker 4: Like one sky. How big is one skittle? Like size of a quarter?
Speaker 12: Not that big, but probably the size of a nickel. And then it's instead of being chewy, now it's crunchy. Yes, and jolly Rancher's. It's like a chunk of hard sugar in your mouth.
Speaker 4: So they don't mind you doing that.
Speaker 5: I mean it's a derivative product, so you have a right to do it as long as you pay for the product.
Speaker 12: I mean, right, exactly. And obviously we don't use any of their name or branding on anything. Okay, so your candy bars, yeah exactly, or like here, I want to.
Speaker 5: Ask a question about your company, and we're talking about Sweet Sisters Sweets Denver dot com. So what I want to ask is are all of your products reconstituted from other products?
Speaker 12: No, we actually do make a lot of candy in house. We have a lot of chocolate products, and we do a lot of fresh cotton candy products as well.
Speaker 10: It's another quick question, candy store, man, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Another quick question, are you really sisters?
Speaker 12: We are really sisters here?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show will take Summer who has an issue with a rental property. Waterpros dot net gets your best water system ever at lowest prices. Never can plumbers touch it. Waterpros dot Net three oh three eight six two five, five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, Welcome to the show. Three o three seven to one three talk seven on three eight two five five. Summer has a problem or an issue with a rental property. So Summer, what can we do to help you? By the way, it's also car Day. We have Jeff Vick and we also have Kevin Cokin in Ethic from Tumut Transmission and he does other repairs to and then we have Kevin from Sheridan Auto Tech.
Speaker 4: So what's going on, Summer?
Speaker 13: Hi?
Speaker 14: Tom? So, I have lived at my rental property for three years now and we have had the same repeated leak issues.
Speaker 6: That kind of like.
Speaker 14: So we have three levels and all bathrooms are in line with each other, and we've just had the repeated leak and mold issues. And my every time Invitation Homes is who I rent from, by the way, every time they send someone out, they just pretty much put a band aid on it. They don't even get to the root of the problem. They just replace a random pipe or a drain and a tub and all it would.
Speaker 5: What what who did you say the landlord was? Is celeb? Who'd you say the landlord was?
Speaker 14: Invitation Homes?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Invitation got it? Okay, Yeah, they're pretty big.
Speaker 14: They have tons of properties.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: Now. Here's what I want to ask, Summer.
Speaker 5: When you say they just put a band aid on it, can you describe what you mean by that? Yeah?
Speaker 14: What I mean by that is they always tell me that they don't find any moisture in the walls and they don't know exactly where it's coming from and they just replace a pipe, or they'll replace a drain, or they'll replace some tiles.
Speaker 5: Okay, but but they do try to respond. Now when you talk about when you talk about mold, have you ever had the air tested for mold?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 14: And that is what I'm going to do on my own because they're not cooperating with me on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Summer, let me give you some.
Speaker 5: Let me give you some. Let me give you some cold hard facts here.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: While the laws have changed tremendously toward tenants' rights, there are still some holes in the law. Let me explain what I mean. Habitability issues. Habitability issues have gotten stronger, meaning they can't rent something that is uninhabitable based on certain criteria, for example, bug infestations, mold, radon water. There's all kinds of things, heat security, There's all kinds of things that are called habitability issues.
Speaker 4: However, no one enforces them.
Speaker 5: You can't call the Division of Rental Police and say my landlord won't address this or is not addressing that. There's nowhere to call. There's nothing to do except this. I'm going to tell you. There's two things that can happen. One one is for landlord to fix things, or two you move, and it's called constructive eviction. That means that you evict yourself if things are not taken care of and they can't hold you to the least if you win. And what I mean by that is you have to make a case with the landlord and warn them that you have a condition that renders the place uninhabitable and you want them to fix it within a reasonable amount of time.
Speaker 4: That's the first thing you have to do.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I'm not giving you the actual legal process. I'm just recalling this from memory. We'll get Brad O'Brien on to discuss this directly. Once they do not address the issue, there is a way that you can withhold rent and do the repairs yourself.
Speaker 4: But it's a very very tricky thing.
Speaker 5: Most people withhold rent and don't address the problem and they get evicted. You have to specifically fix the problem, and then the landlord's going to challenge you, and nine times out of ten will try to evict you. You're going to have to go defend your actions. So one of the other things. Number One, you tell them it's uninhabitable, that you expect them to fix it.
Speaker 2: They fix it.
Speaker 5: Number two, they don't fix it, you use the rent to fix it. Or number three they try to evict you or you voluntarily leave on your own and they can't hold any kind of damages against you.
Speaker 4: So those are the scenarios.
Speaker 5: Having said all of that, I would love Brad O'Brien to address constructive eviction because it is a topic that comes up.
Speaker 4: That I believe needs to be addressed.
Speaker 5: To hold on and we'll get Brad O'Brien on from O'Brien Legal Services.
Speaker 4: He's a real estate attorney.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five listen. If you have an AC you want fix it twenty four to seven to look at it with the extreme clean adjustin tune up with a no breakdown guarantee for just thirty nine bucks for people who haven't had it done. You will never get better level of service for thirty nine bucks. Fix my home dot com click book now go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his own customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martine Brad O'Brien. I want to sneak in real quick before the end of the break ols law dot com. He's a real estate attorney. I've talked to him about them before. Hey, hey, Brad. So she says that she has continual leaks and mold issues and the landlords just patches them and they keep coming back. What is a constructive eviction or how can she use the law of habitability to get these things fixed with rent money? Can you give us a real quick version of how she would convert rent money into repairs?
Speaker 13: Sure?
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 16: Constructive eviction is basically getting a tenant out in any of the means other than through the courts doing it the right way, so locking them out, turning off the utilities, or just not preparing habitability conditions.
Speaker 5: I meant when when people evict themselves I was.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Brad.
Speaker 5: Like what happens if I find the place uninhabitable? I call that a constructive eviction when I want to evict myself. Is that is that the wrong term to use?
Speaker 16: Well, that's the claim the attendant's going to make that the landlord has constructively evicted them by not doing the repairs to keep it habitable.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have a statue.
Speaker 16: Okay, we have a warranty habitability statue that provides the steps for making a complaint about a habitability item like mold to the landlord, and the statute provides the steps the timelines for the landlord to respond to begin remediating. They have to do a mold test right off the bat, for example.
Speaker 17: Have to respond within twenty four.
Speaker 16: Hours to acknowledge the complaint, and then if the landlord hasn't followed the steps, at that point, the tenant can act to determinate the lease or to get alternative housing paid for by the landlord.
Speaker 5: So this statute, if we were to read it, is it pretty straightforward on what we need to do or is it something that needs to be interpreted?
Speaker 16: You know what I mean, Brad, It's complicated.
Speaker 13: It's long it.
Speaker 15: There's a lot of ins and outs.
Speaker 16: I mean, it is understandable if you spend a lot of time to digest it, but it's not easy to Now it's not really use it friendly.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you know what we ought to do one time, Brady, That's what I was going to say. Should we should do a one sheet one time on how to use rent money to make repairs? Now, that's not evicting yourself. That is there a provision in that law or am I dreaming this where people can, after doing the proper steps, actually use their rent money to make the repairs.
Speaker 16: Yes, but that's way down the process. If you if leanard has failed to act within the time that the landlord has to act, then the tenant can go get an estimate from the third party company to fix the you know whatever, whatever the problem is. And yeah, you can give that estimate to the landlord and if they don't fix it, then the tenant can do the work and the calls money only do their repair. But that's at the end of the process.
Speaker 5: Summer, as you just heard, there is a way to do this. We're going to give you the statute number after this, and then we're going to just try to put together a summary, but you need to read this first.
Speaker 4: We have more coming up.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Brad O'brienolslaw dot com. We're going to have more right after this on this very topic. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Ripta news need so you don't.
Speaker 1: Have come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 18: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hello.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five to five. A very very busy day today in this year, we have our car experts Kevin Calkin and Jeff Vick Kevin Colkin shared an autotev.
Speaker 4: Jeff Vick Kimera transmission.
Speaker 5: We also have a lovely sus in the studio next to Mark. Well, he's not lovely, but she makes up, she makes up for his unloveliness.
Speaker 4: And then we have the Sweet Sisters.
Speaker 5: And the sisters have a candy place called and they're common people today, are common women today. Stephanie and Laurie and their sisters Sweet Treats.
Speaker 4: So it's Sisters Sweets Denver dot com.
Speaker 5: They reconstitute candy as freeze dried. They also make their own creations.
Speaker 4: And I really like them.
Speaker 5: I liked that until I heard overheard something they were talking about in the studio, and I don't think I heard it correctly, so maybe they can correct it. I heard one of them say, I've been listening to Tom since I was a teenager.
Speaker 4: And she's sixty eight.
Speaker 12: I am.
Speaker 5: So anyway, whatever, sweet sister that was no longer which one is? But anyway, how many years a part of you, sisters? How many years a part of you?
Speaker 4: Sisters?
Speaker 12: We are five years apart?
Speaker 4: And do you have other siblings?
Speaker 12: An older brother who's listening on YouTube?
Speaker 4: That's the handle.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Sunny Corleon is our brother and.
Speaker 4: The mafia mas okay exactly.
Speaker 5: Somebody texted me and wanted to know, do you guys do sweaty balls.
Speaker 4: Free stride?
Speaker 12: We do take custom orders, so have him give us a call.
Speaker 4: So sweaty, shweaty.
Speaker 5: Those sweaty balls were Saturday Night Live a long time ago. And and I better not be bleeped for this, okay, Dragon because that was on National TV. Dragon is such a conservative person when it comes to not just politics but radio stuff. If I do anything out of the ordinary, he kind of nixes me.
Speaker 4: Isn't that right?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 4: Come on, yeah, he does that to me. Anyway.
Speaker 5: I want to say that we have Joe Lazaro with us, and Joe might think, why is he asking me this question? Joela's era is a criminal defense attorney, but I happen to know that in another life and once in a while he does personal injury.
Speaker 4: Isn't that correct, Joe?
Speaker 19: Yeah, we do small percentage personal injury cases.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also you do defense.
Speaker 5: So I thought this is a perfect person to ask Danny scenario. Now I'm going to give you Danny scenario rather than let him go through it. Then he'll have some follow up comments. Danny is worth let's say more than a million dollars. Danny had minimum insurance for the state of Colorado. Now, Joe, we don't have to get into how foolish this is. You usually ensure for what you're worth. So the insurance come, excuse me, So the opposing parties settle for insurance and don't go after you personally.
Speaker 4: You know that, right, Joe.
Speaker 5: So it looks like he has a maximum of fifteen grand and they're not going to take fifteen grand.
Speaker 2: I just know they're not.
Speaker 5: And they send him some affidavits they want him to sign, and I have a feeling they're setting him up a lawsuit. They're gonna deny the coverage, and they're gonna go after him personally because nothing says that they must take the insurance. No one limits ten to the insurance. Now, I wanted to ask you something, Joe, if they did take the insurance, do insurance companies make the people who take the settlement release they're insured from future liability?
Speaker 20: Yeah, the releases the insurance.
Speaker 19: Gets in order to cut that check. Whatever the policy limits are releases. Not only they're insured their errors, et cetera. Covers everything.
Speaker 4: So they're very very okay.
Speaker 5: Now they send him an Affidavid, and I'm doing this by memory. But the affid David said, please affirm the following, and he has to put his initial or he has to check go off and then sign it that on such and such a date there was an accident. I am I have insurance totaling this. I have no other insurance, and I have no other coverage that would cover this. And basically I am such and such my house is worth this, I have this much money in the banks. I have this, you know. In other words, they wanted him to voluntarily sign this.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they thought they were sending it to one of my YouTube morons, but no one in the right mind, No one in the right mind is ever going to sign that. Why did they do that? They they wanted to do what do they call that their territory. It's even worse than that, Thoughjo, because the other go ahead Mark he got this.
Speaker 10: He literally got it from his insurance company. The other insurance company, send it to his insurance company. In his insurance company send it to him to fill out.
Speaker 4: I mean, to me, that's instant mark. Mark.
Speaker 5: They did not say he should fill it out. They said, we got this for you from the other insurance company. And I believe they did not say, go ahead and fill it out. Well, Danny, did they tell you, Danny, did they tell you to go sign it and fill it out your own insurance company.
Speaker 15: Yes.
Speaker 21: They said if I didn't sign it, it would look like I'm hiding something. So they in a way encouraged me to fill out these ridiculous questions that they that they asked me.
Speaker 5: And they asked you about your net worth basically that's what they're trying to determine, right.
Speaker 22: Yeah, but the first part of it was severals cleverly listed incriminating statements, and I was to say if it was true or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you were at fault.
Speaker 10: I think we can all say that to clarify for Joe, you were at fault.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, hold.
Speaker 17: On, I don't think I was.
Speaker 5: Hold On, he doesn't think he was, but everyone else thinks he was. The police officer thinks he was. But this is why I have Joe on Joe. Let's just get to worst case scenario if they sue him, If they sue him for personal liability, and they could take a lot of money because that AFFI David says, I had acknowledged that this other woman gold digger has a lot of injuries, and she's really severely injured. The extent of her injury is truly unknown. The future of her medical bills are truly unknown. I mean, Joe, you listen, they're going to come after him. Okay, Now, what kind of an attorney does he get to defend himself? And that's why you're on you're both a criminal defense attorney and you've done PI work. Who the hell does he call to help him at least minimize the damages?
Speaker 10: And how much does his insurance company have to spend on his behalf if he only has twenty five thousand in liability? Will they only pay an attorney up to twenty five thousand?
Speaker 4: How does that work?
Speaker 5: That's a good mark, that's a good point. What is their responsibility to defend him, Joe? If he only has fifteen thousand in insurance.
Speaker 19: So he doesn't even have minimums, the insurance company should have the obligation to defend him. Now they're going to try and offer the twenty five thousand for the fifteen thousand in those case to get off the hook and leave him exposed.
Speaker 5: I think it's fifteen per individual and twenty five.
Speaker 4: It's fifteen twenty five is what he has.
Speaker 6: Okay, I thought it was doing five.
Speaker 5: It's twenty five, fifty Okay, I'm sorry, twenty five to fifty, well even fifty.
Speaker 4: And they're not going to settle for so Joe.
Speaker 5: They have an obligation to defend him to what extent at some point they say, wait a minute, we're just going to offer them the policy limits.
Speaker 19: Right, and so he has an obligation to hire alternative council that would work in conjunction to protect his interests above and beyond that. Because the insurance company, they're simply concerned about the policy limits of twenty five.
Speaker 10: Actually hired Joe, and that's exactly what they told him.
Speaker 4: I was what kind an attorney, defense attorney?
Speaker 19: Insurance defense attorney.
Speaker 10: I think Marco literally has the guy in his office that does that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, is it.
Speaker 4: Called insurance defense.
Speaker 19: Yeah. Obviously a personal injury attorney could do it, but a lot of personal injury attorneys are not going.
Speaker 8: To work to the defense side.
Speaker 19: Criminal defense attorneys could do it, but I think they're there's attorneys that actually just do insurance defense, and they don't always represent insurance companies, but they always represent a defendant. And this is really what he's got to He needs representation above and beyond.
Speaker 4: So you don't do that kind of work.
Speaker 15: I don't, but I.
Speaker 19: Can get him some names of some people.
Speaker 5: And this is a bad situation. Joe, tell me this how much? How much have you seen this pursued? Like, at what point do they say is it worth it? The guy's not super rich, but he's got more than a million dollar in assets at I was told and I think John Fuller told me that that attorneys don't like to go after people personally. They would rather take policy limits. But there's a big chasm between twenty five thousand and a million dollars in assets.
Speaker 19: Right, so the first question is what are her damages? But you know they may be simply looking at getting his policy limits of the twenty five thousand and then turning around assuming she has under insured motors coverage and going after her policy or the victim's policy for the difference that might be it if attorneys prefer to get money from insurance companies because the checks don't bounce, the checks are paid right away. It's less hassle than trying to select on you know, forcing to collect out of a bank account or wages or you know, out of a home. It's just a heck of a lot more work. But obviously, if the injured party is significantly injured, where the damages are close to a million dollars, they're going.
Speaker 15: To make that stuck.
Speaker 4: Hey, two things.
Speaker 10: So One, where he's sitting right now, they want him to fill out I'll just call him interrogatories.
Speaker 4: Wheever, how how.
Speaker 10: Would someone compel him? How would the court compel him to fill those out? If he doesn't want to, I assume the lawsuit would have to be filed.
Speaker 4: And then the follow up question from that.
Speaker 5: Well, mark what mark first? Mark firstus a judgment. Then there's a rid of a rid of execution? Is that right, Joe?
Speaker 19: Yeah, And you know right now I would not fill that out. I would be reluctant to do it. And then two, I think you know, if they want to see them, they'll see them, and they'll submit interrogatories, and I have to defend that way.
Speaker 2: But and then if.
Speaker 10: They if the person that was injured, if they truly are going after their own coverage for uninsured. Then I think the problem in the future would be that insurance company could very well try to subrogate against him personally.
Speaker 19: You could have that as well, and that might be where they're going. I think he needs to have a better understanding of what the injuries are and what insurance is out there for all the parties before he filled out some form disclosing all his personal information.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's nuts man. You got yourself into a buying there, brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And this is a lesson.
Speaker 5: This is a cautionary tale for anyone who is under insured.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: You think you're saving money, you're smiling when you pay your premium, and it's going to hurt big, big, big time. I mean, I've known, I knew one other person that had contacted me about this. She and her husband were worth at least six or seven million, and they had insurance minimums. Insurance minimums, and you're not You're never going to get away with it, Joel Azara, We certainly preciate your input. An insurance defense attorney, Joe says you need he can provide some names and by the way, if you ever need Joe, if you ever need a criminal defense Attorney, three initial consultations and then flat rate pricing. You can reach him at three oh three four two nine sixty two hundred l A.
Speaker 4: Z zar A.
Speaker 5: He's also at lazarillegal dot com and on a referralist at referralists dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero six twenty two. Hi, I'm Tom Martino and I am your troubleshooter. Welcome to the show. Three zero three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Get your pauls in.
Speaker 5: I have I have something here a text for Jeff Vick Kimmer transmission. They want to know is there such a thing of tune ups on Tranny's Now for those listening. I always get these texts when I talk about Tranny's because they think that never mind they honest to god, I really do. I get saying how dare you blah blah blah. Anyway, we're talking about transmissions. They were called Trany's far before this nickname. People use this disrespectful nickname, and I'm talking about Tranny's on cars.
Speaker 4: So is there such thing as a tune up? Jeff?
Speaker 5: Is there anything people need to do? They heard one time that bands are adjuster or something's adjusted.
Speaker 4: Even listen to this one, Okay, I even read this.
Speaker 5: Guy gave me a link and they and I don't know where this came from, but supposedly to adjust the transmission, you'd put it in reverse and you'd step on the gas and then step on the brake, and you do it three or four times. Is there even such a procedure as that? Or is that just are these people talking out there?
Speaker 4: You know what we're.
Speaker 6: Talking out there? You know what? So you know, a service is pretty much what people used to call a tune up the inside earlier units, there were a lot of them where you could adjust bands, the old C sixes, the seven twenty seven, the slim gems and stuff like that. There were adjustable things that would as a part of a service, you did check this see if those adjustments were in check, and then you moved them if necessary. But doing a conventional transmission service, you can call the tune up if you want. But it's basically an oil change for your transmission.
Speaker 5: And can you explain, Okay, it's just a fluid change. There's nothing that you do. You don't put any pixel you does or anything in it. You're done. You just change the fluid and the filter.
Speaker 6: You change the fluid and the filter correct. Yeah, it's about the most cost effective means you can use trying to maximize the longevity of that unit, today's unit.
Speaker 5: So there are no adjustments. There are no tune ups, so to speak.
Speaker 6: We're all electric now. I mean the computers to some extent makes adjustments if you will. I mean, it's not going to tighten up clearances. But you know, we can do things like you know, shorten up shift cycles or linked to them or whatever. But there's no mechanical adjustments that we can actually do anymore in the vehicle.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm pulling out this old text that I got that I put into a folder from when you guys are here And this came in months ago and I just realized I hadn't read it.
Speaker 4: It wants to know is there really a change?
Speaker 5: What like when they have in their car they can adjust sport, comfort, performance or whatever, and one is called custom and I think that's where the computer learns what you're doing and tries to accommodate you. Now, do these modes and Kevin you can chime in too, do these modes actually make a difference? Did they actually the most?
Speaker 6: Definitely do. I mean, depending on which mode you're in they're raising or lowering pressures, they will change the actual acceleration curves, you know, when the actual shift points will occur. So yeah, they definitely do make a difference.
Speaker 5: Really, And so why do they have them? Why not just pick one that works? I really mean that, like, what is the purpose of having that? Are there times that that you just want comfort? What would comfort be just a normal shift pattern, whereas a performance shift pattern would be quicker?
Speaker 4: Is that how it works?
Speaker 6: Most likely they'll be a later shift, or it may down shift more efficiently or quickly I should say, be more responsive. So I mean the best example would be you know, if you're you know, driving from the city and you go up into the mountains, you want that you might want it to actually perform a little bit different, be a little bit more responsive to the driver, so you're not stepping so deep into the formal.
Speaker 2: Tell me what custom would be? What is custom?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I have not crossed custom. I haven't seen that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think I did once in a car.
Speaker 4: I think where no, no, no, no, I probably think.
Speaker 2: It was no no, no.
Speaker 5: There was one called custom mark and it was on my Allison World transmission. I believe it was on a motor home. And what it was doing is it said that when I read about it in the owner's manual, this is going back stairs on a Pravo bus. But it said that it predicts it it it reads your driving patterns and predicts shift patterns for you and extent and then it adapts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to some extent. Most vehicles today do that anyway. That's why if I was a loan my truck to Kevin.
Speaker 5: So they really do they adapt, They adapt to your driving patterns.
Speaker 6: To some extent. I mean not to a great deal. But you know, if I was to loan my truck to Kevin for a week and then I get it back. It's going to feel a little bit and tol. You know it really holy crap. I never even knew that. So it actually learns your driving.
Speaker 5: So someone who accelerates quickly off the line all the time, it may adjust the shifting pattern as opposed to someone like Mark who goes really slow off the line. Mark is a very conservative driver. People don't know that. And now he doesn't drive at all. We can actually see him now he doesn't drive. We can actually see him to Mark, Mark.
Speaker 4: Forgot how to drive.
Speaker 5: In fact, I'll bet you Mark doesn't drive eighty percent of the time.
Speaker 4: Mark, am I right, I will concur yep behind the wheel.
Speaker 5: Speaking of that, let's just talk about this because you know, I'm not just jealous, but I'm happy.
Speaker 4: They're getting an X.
Speaker 5: So they love Tesla's, they absolutely love Teslas, and and you know their S is wonderful. They're getting an X in addition to the S and then going to get the new S when the new S comes out.
Speaker 10: But the X is loaded, Mark, right, Yeah, this one's gonna be Suzanne's. It's cool, man, It's got those Falcon doors. It's fast as hell. It could be the fastest suv out there.
Speaker 2: And we think we.
Speaker 10: Got this six seats, which is cool. You'll see it tomorrow. Because I'm sick of you asking about self driving. I'm finally just gonna throw you in there and tape your hands behind the seat and pop in an address.
Speaker 5: And here's the problem. I'm going to want to throw away my Beamer. And you know, I got this Beamer X seven And you know what, if I really look at it objectively, there's not one thing in the world wrong with it. It's a beautiful, luxurious car. I just get bored. I don't know how to help well, but you're not gonna get bored in this. It's so luxurious, and I like and when you say luxurious, it's a different kind of luxurious. It's your minimalist.
Speaker 4: It's kind of but it I like minimalists.
Speaker 10: No, it's so quiet and so calmfortable on the road, even at very high speeds. I mean, you don't feel bumps. It's just extremely comfortable. The air suspension.
Speaker 5: The only criticism I would have with Tesla is not with the s, especially the New S, but with the other models. Don't they kind of like almost morph into each other. Don't they all look really similar? Like doesn't that look like a big Model three that the X? Doesn't it really just look like.
Speaker 10: A big until the falcon doors come up and you blow by someone at one hundred and fifty five.
Speaker 5: Yes, now, mark, when you pull up next to a car, do those doors know how to open.
Speaker 10: Accordingly the sense you have less space? We just watched a video on it. It's ridiculous. You can park like so close to the car next to you. Ironically, the people in the front seat couldn't open their door and get out. But the falcon doors will go straight up then out. But the problem is people still couldn't get out.
Speaker 4: So it's so close.
Speaker 10: The doors will open, the foul doors, but people can't get out.
Speaker 4: You're you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, but it parts itself, So listen to that matters. You let everybody out and it'll go park.
Speaker 5: If you or me, would you put a sizeable any of you guys can weigh out of this.
Speaker 4: Would you put a sizeable.
Speaker 5: Down payment on it and have a lower monthly payment or or just pay cash for it?
Speaker 4: Or would you lease it?
Speaker 5: In my stage of life where I drive only ten thousand miles a year?
Speaker 2: Do you don't you?
Speaker 5: What would you do? Would you do a lease or would you do it out now purchase? I like the idea of a lease because it predicts what you'll get for the car and you won't have any negative What do you guys think?
Speaker 2: I think, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Smart?
Speaker 23: Because it's still you know, it's still changing. You know two years from now this technology may be completely overwritten or really so the value of the car could drive oh in three.
Speaker 5: Years, I think, yeah, yeah, Mark, I think with the uh, the lease is such a good idea because it literally guarantees your value. It really does, so you can't get upside down anyway.
Speaker 4: We have more coming up. They don't have a lease that has thirty thousand miles a year.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, and it wouldn't pay in that kind of case either. All right, three O three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter. If you have a car problem? Question, can play? Give us a call of any kind, questions, comments, Just don't say anything bad about Mark because he's too sensitive. He cries like a freaking baby anyway, not like me with a.
Speaker 4: Thick skin anyway.
Speaker 5: So Deputy Dimitri has a follow up here and he wants to talk about this. O'Meara buick now now wait wait wait, how long ago from the eleventh good record cheaping here?
Speaker 4: Let me find this guy? What was his name?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 4: George? George?
Speaker 5: And so he bought a twenty twenty gmc denali that he bought March fifteenth from Omara paid sixty nine hundred bucks for a powertrain.
Speaker 4: What yeah, wait a minute, the warranty was sixteen dollars.
Speaker 24: I have the contract in front of me, all nineteen pages of it.
Speaker 4: Not sixty nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Yep, he has a six point two liter engine and recently experienced a serious misfire. They denied coverage because it was during the mandatory waiting period. Let me explain what a waiting period is. They do it with all kinds of insurance contracts because they don't want you having a pre existing condition, then doing a warranty and then taking out a claim right away. That's why they have these waiting periods. But anyway, what the hell is going on with that one?
Speaker 24: Well, unfortunately it's not good news for George. So I the the within a few days of the purchase, the engine failed.
Speaker 2: The car needs a new engine.
Speaker 4: And George took it a new engine.
Speaker 2: Well, a replacement engine echinean. Yeah.
Speaker 24: But why well, because there's you know, terrible failure.
Speaker 4: And the dealer won't do anything about it.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the problem.
Speaker 24: The dealer refuses to respond to any of our any of my inquiries on there, which is you know, a big, big establishment.
Speaker 4: They're usually pretty good.
Speaker 24: Well, I've usually I spoke with two people over there. They both on both occasions they promised that their manager will call me back. Nobody ever called me back. And then a couple of days ago, I sent an email to the GM over there but who.
Speaker 2: Said he needs? Who says he needs a new engine?
Speaker 6: The engine an.
Speaker 24: Independent shop, and the independent shop attempted to file a warranty claim with Assurant Vehicle Care.
Speaker 2: This is the sixteen nine hundred dollars warranty.
Speaker 24: And George forwarded me a very brief denial email that they got from Assurance, saying it's called assurance Assurant Assurance, Yeah, Assurant Vehicle Care okay, And it's the vehicle service Condassurance okay, vehicles got it? So U nineteen pages, by the way, for just the assurance thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, nod.
Speaker 4: And is there a place where you saw it is in the waiting period?
Speaker 24: It's not so neither George nor I could find it in the nineteen pages of this contract. Oh but the denial email that he got from Assurant said that this is denied on the basis of the ninety day waiting period during which the selling dealer is responsible for the repairs.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on, no, no, no, that that warranty company can't contract liability on a third party.
Speaker 2: Well, it could be a side deal. My theory Oh, it could be that they have a with a.
Speaker 5: Just because my warranty says your dealer should take care of this in the first ninety days doesn't obligate the dealer.
Speaker 24: Well it, in my view, it also doesn't obligate the consumer if this ninety day waiting period is not spelled out in the contract itself.
Speaker 4: That's right. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 5: If they don't have that ninety day waiting period in the warranty contract, are they just making it up? Why don't they say one hundred and twenty days? So really, Dimitri, you could find nowhere where it talks about a ninety day waiting period.
Speaker 24: No, I do acknowledge the possibility that both George and I just missed it because our brain was shutting on.
Speaker 5: Do you have that You can do a word search, even on waiting, on the word waiting, you know what I'm saying, and see if it comes up or or whatever probationary or.
Speaker 4: Waiting or period or anything like that.
Speaker 24: Yeah, no results found for waiting, but no fooling. I intend to reread the entire contract during today's show. So George is kind of stuck.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 24: He did make another big mistake, which is last week, the O'Meara actually told him that they're going to come pick up the truck from whatever shop it's in right now to see.
Speaker 2: If there's anything they can do. How many pages nineteen page contract?
Speaker 24: Okay, and so uh, George unfortunately made a pretty big mistake. He canceled that pickup because George says he doesn't trust Omara.
Speaker 4: What do you mean canceled it?
Speaker 24: Well, he told them not to come pick it up after all. So I spoke with you all, okay, I said, hey, look what.
Speaker 4: Did they say they would do when they picked it up.
Speaker 24: They said they're going to look at it to see if there's anything they can do.
Speaker 2: Well, they should let them. That's what I told him yesterday.
Speaker 24: I said, George, you got to call them back, apologize for being difficult to work with, and ask them politely and humbly to come pick up the truck and do their own diagnostic and see if they're going to repair it for you.
Speaker 2: But you know the reason I brought this up today, Tom, is how.
Speaker 4: Many miles around that, by the way, I'm sorry, not a whole lot.
Speaker 24: That truck to the assurance contract has approximately seventy thousand miles.
Speaker 5: Guys, Kevin, does that sound high? And I'll let you continue. But Kevin.
Speaker 4: A din wait wait wait what was it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Pick up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or twenty twenty donal.
Speaker 24: No, No, it's a twenty twenty GMC Sierra fifteen hundred oh Sierra.
Speaker 2: Yerrus. It sounds like a large pickup truck. Right.
Speaker 23: They are having a lot of issues with those motors. That's a chronic problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lift the number five cylinders?
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, completely failing, complete failure of that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, what were you going to say, Jimmy DRUI, we have to take a break.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. Yeah, I've never heard of this.
Speaker 24: You apparently you have, obviously, but I've never heard of this ninety day blackout period. And I'm wondering, at what point does it need to be disclosed to the consumer.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, it shouldn't have to be discussed if it's in the contract, but it should be okay, now, Kevin, haven't you heard of waiting periods?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I've seen them, and you know, we try to read through the contract so we don't violate that. You know, we'll put the repair on hold for a week or a month. But yeah, it should be very obvious in the contract. That would be surprising.
Speaker 2: If you put it.
Speaker 5: If you put the repair on hold, they can still claim it happened during the warranty period, but they.
Speaker 23: Have to they approve that, so it's not exactly legit. But here's what. Here's the language.
Speaker 4: I would have parked that pickup truck in my garage.
Speaker 19: For the track.
Speaker 24: It's a very peculiar period, very peculiar awarding. The warranty company said dealership elimination period. During your elimination, your store is responsible for the repairs.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the waiting period you found how many how long?
Speaker 24: That's in the denial. That's not in the contract. Oh but I'm going to reread the entire nineteen page way.
Speaker 4: Here's the other thing.
Speaker 5: How can this warranty company say who's responsible for God's sakes?
Speaker 4: They can't.
Speaker 5: They can't a newer liability onto the dealers just because they want them to.
Speaker 2: Well, I assume it's a side deal they have with a dealer.
Speaker 5: Yes, but that dealer doesn't have that side deal with the consumer.
Speaker 4: If look at if I sell a car as is, there is no third party in the.
Speaker 5: World that can make me obligated to fix anything, But as you say, maybe they are.
Speaker 4: Maybe they told the guy, look, I don't know you know, and they won't talk to you.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 5: Marijon, Hey did we take our break at forty five? Because if not, I'm screwed. No, we got we gotta do.
Speaker 4: It right now.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Three time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ripn't you need so you don't have?
Speaker 1: Come? Run insious as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help, come man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 5: Hello, everyone, let's talk. We got full lines. Let's get to the phones. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five. Then an interesting follow up on that warranty issue again where they're denying it and uh we Dmitri went through every word of that contract.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that right now.
Speaker 1: Bob.
Speaker 5: Yes, a question on taxes I'm going to get through Bob, Sean.
Speaker 4: Gabe and David.
Speaker 5: So, Bob, what is your issue with taxes or your question on taxes?
Speaker 17: Hi? Tom, Hey, I paid twenty twenty four taxes and they were debited out of two different accounts, two different bank accounts. It might have been my mistake, but I don't. I can't get it. You mean you double paid, Bob, like literally literally they took the taxes due out of two different accounts.
Speaker 10: Even if they did, and I'm just interjecting, Tom, because this has happened to me before. That money will be said in your IRS account and you can.
Speaker 5: Request exactly right, that's exactly, or you can apply it to future taxes.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 10: And by the way, a lot of people don't know this. People complain about interest rates. If you have money that's sitting in your IRS account that is actually gaining seven or eight percent right now, which is insane.
Speaker 5: Can I ask you something, Bob, this is important. Did you why did you set up two different bank accounts.
Speaker 17: Well, I have a savings account at a credit union and a checking account but in a different bank.
Speaker 5: But how did they get the information? How did they get the information on both of those?
Speaker 17: I must have done electronic payment, yeah, but if you do, this is for the state.
Speaker 5: If you do an electronic payment, you can only put in one bank account.
Speaker 4: How did they get.
Speaker 17: To I don't know. I think I did an electronic payment in February when I filed my account, and then I.
Speaker 13: Three days ago I.
Speaker 17: Did it again from a different account, my checking account.
Speaker 5: Okay, he just screwed up, right, I screwed up. But Bob, Bob, when you did it? When you did it from two different accounts? So did you pay in full twice by a mistake or did you make partial payment on the first one and partial on the second or full payment both?
Speaker 17: Full payment both times?
Speaker 2: Got it? Bob?
Speaker 4: That's very easy to remedy. That's very easy.
Speaker 5: The government, in all the jokes we make about the irs, they really aren't going to keep your money.
Speaker 2: You can get that back easily, and.
Speaker 10: If it sits in there, I want to emphasize this again, it is gaining I think seven percent this very second.
Speaker 17: My Colorado Department of Revenue account chose a credit in the balance of the amount. So I do see the account.
Speaker 5: How much was your how much were your taxes? Out of curiosity, what did you pay?
Speaker 15: Five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I five forty eight.
Speaker 10: I forget how they show it, but it might even show as a minus.
Speaker 4: Don't ask me why.
Speaker 10: But if you actually have a credit, I think it shows as a minus where it's weird.
Speaker 4: I remember looking at mine and it makes zero sense.
Speaker 17: It's in parentheses, So I assume that's a credit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so it is, and you can request that as a refund, no problem.
Speaker 17: I've been trying to do that and I can't get anything on the online revenue deviinment revenue. They don't answer the phone call other than automated answer questions. And I just I can't even make an appointment at the local service center here in Lakewood to make an appointment. Nothing available.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you, some bob, are you are you hurting for this money? Because if not, you can put it toward next year's taxes.
Speaker 15: Okay, No, I am.
Speaker 17: Not hurting the money. Uh, it'll be there next year when I file my taxes this year.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's fine, Yes it will fine, but but you know, it is what I would do though.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know you should be able to get your money, but but I don't, to be honest with you, I've never had to do it, so I don't know. I've always maintained a bit of a credit in my IRS account and as Mark said, it pays decent interest, and so when I've overpaid before, I've left it in there at the advice of my accountant.
Speaker 17: So I don't have trouble, like I said, But the Colorado is different. Why they would, Well would they also credit me with interest?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, yes, yes they will.
Speaker 4: It's not nearly as high, but yeah, well it doesn't.
Speaker 17: You know, it's not it's not money I need to live on.
Speaker 10: No, but it's kind of it's kind of crazy. Take us seven percent right now. I mean, you might find like a Schwab money market or something paying around four and a half, five and a half. You might even find some online bank that's paying four. But you could put one hundred thousand in your IRS account makes seven grand a year, and it's it's remarkable, you.
Speaker 5: Know, Mark's that's really funny. That is a good point. I mean really, you know, I don't recommend that people use it as a savings instrument, but it certainly helps. T bills have not been bad recently, and you know so anyway, thank you very much for calling. I don't know if we were able to help you or not, but at least you know, I think you're not going to lose that money.
Speaker 4: Has a comment on EV cars?
Speaker 5: I wanted to know and I listen, you know, all joking aside, Marcus Hell been on Tesla. He loves Tesla's and mainly for the self driving feature, and but he loves the cars. I think Tesla was the first one to the party and they probably wrote the book on EV's and but but there are other EV's out there and people love them. And I just want to know what people have and what they look about it.
Speaker 2: Sean.
Speaker 25: What is your comment, Hey, Tom, About six months ago, I bought a Ford Lightning, and yeah, I was lucky enough to trade it in back to a regular.
Speaker 15: One.
Speaker 5: What did you not like about the you own? How long did you own the lightning?
Speaker 8: Six months?
Speaker 4: Sean?
Speaker 10: I know somebody that owned the lightning, and Tom, you know this person, I'll tell you who it is. In a second, waited almost a year to get his lightning. When he finally got it, he hooked up his trailer to it. It's a very small trailer where he has a sander and he does garage floor coating. In fact, he did our patio yesterday. He had to sell that lighting, that lightning. It could not tow that trailer more than thirty miles and his battery would be dead.
Speaker 4: It was absolutely useless to him. So what did you hate about it? Sean?
Speaker 2: What did you hate about it?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Is he on there? She's on I'm not sure she might be talking to it.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, So anyway, that's what I wondered about the lightning mark you think is mainly the range.
Speaker 10: Well for Tony or TJ. He literally had to sell it. He couldn't pull anything with it. And it wasn't a big trailer either.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 4: I mean, did you or didn't he do your hangar?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 4: No, no he did. He doesn't work for me.
Speaker 5: You know, I was going to have him correct some stuff at the hangar, yeah, which I still want him to do.
Speaker 4: It's just that little trailer.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 10: He couldn't believe. He couldn't believe how how bad it was. Now he loved the truck, but simply he couldn't use it as a truck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, Gabe, you have a question on traffic tickets. Go ahead, Gabe.
Speaker 26: Yeah, Tom, I heard some on the news. Careless driving charge now is a from our mission leter to a class six Ballon's.
Speaker 4: He anything about that?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 4: I didn't. We can ask Joe Lazara about it.
Speaker 5: But careless driving has been elevated, it's been oh way way wait wait wait I did I thought Dan Kaplus talked a little bit about it. I think he did. But it's a certain it's careless driving resulting in injury or death, isn't it.
Speaker 27: I don't know until I'm asking.
Speaker 10: To get a you know what, everything abody calls a misdemeanor, but they're trying to they're attempting to make it into a felony if there's a death involved, right right?
Speaker 2: I did hear Dan talking about it?
Speaker 4: Kachina?
Speaker 5: Ask Dan, if you get a chance, maybe I'll come on and talk about it. I mean, because I think he was advocating for it. So, Gabe, if you keep listening, perhaps we'll be honored with Danny's presence okay three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Compass Insurance talking about cars and all of this and liability. Compass Insurance Group. Don't make the mistake of being under insured, and don't make the mistake of being over insured paying too much. Compass will do a free and now of all of your coverages and give you honest to God answers, even if the answer is stay where you are. That's three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Marks, you know here three oh three seven to one three talk or three ll three Martino really is a better number because it gets to us twenty four to seven. Let's go right to the phones. We have David, who has a comment on WINS Extended Care. What is WINS Extended Care? Help me out here, David.
Speaker 20: They're just a there are a warranty company that who knows who they partner with. But I was in a situation that I had My credit was was kicked in the teeth and so I had to pick up a car. In that scenario, you know, where they buy it at auction and then flip it and try to make some money.
Speaker 6: Out of it.
Speaker 20: Well, I bought a twenty ten Nissan Rogue and I didn't want a CVT, but it was just a situation, and I went ahead and signed a paperwork and everything. Well, five weeks into it, the tranning went out, so I had it towed down to Nissan so that they could do a diagnosis and everything.
Speaker 5: And did you have WINS Extended Care on this purchase?
Speaker 20: Yes, it came, it came.
Speaker 4: How much did you How much did you pay for it?
Speaker 20: I think it was sixteen maybe could have been twelve, I'm not sure, but the bottom twelve hundred is yeah, yes, what was the dollar amount on that coverage?
Speaker 10: I mean I'm jumping a little here, but what what how much would it cover up all twelve twelve.
Speaker 20: Miles twelve thousand miles of power train?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I mean dollar amount.
Speaker 20: Didn't Yeah, if it exceeded in the contract it stated that if it exceeded the value of the car. They you know, they had an out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forget they all.
Speaker 4: Say that, They all say that, yes, yes.
Speaker 20: So, uh, the Nissan guy was really cool, you know. Uh, he dealt with the whole thing and lo and behold they paid for a Uh they don't. They don't sell you new you can't get a new CBT. They're all remanufactured. And at first I just went ahead and with the warranty companies remanufactured. And then they came back to Nissan and said no, go ahead and put yours in, which would have been an extra eight hundred dollars out of my pocket. But they they sucked up the whole cost of the transmission and the labor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, so you that.
Speaker 20: Well, I you know, it's like, I don't know what's the matter of like or not, but I figured, you know, this is a nice story. I'll call him and let it because if you pull if you pull them up, if you pull Winds extended care up. They have a horrible track record.
Speaker 28: Horrible.
Speaker 20: Oh and so I wasn't expecting this at all, and the Nissan guy was not expecting them to pay for the labor, so out of pocket. I always had two hundred and fifty dollars deducible and then some stuff that they didn't cover. It all came to like seven thirty five, including my deducible.
Speaker 8: So I'm I'm I'm not.
Speaker 20: I'm not upset at all.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 5: Twenty ten vehicles. Man, that's an old vehicle too.
Speaker 2: How is that road?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 20: It's it's easy to get in and out of. I'm seventy two and and so easy to get in and out of, all plenty of zip all that, Yeah, I know, I know, And but it drives fine. Everything else about it is nice. Uh, except for the those CBTs are horrible.
Speaker 4: I'll I probably Jeff Thick, Jeff Thick?
Speaker 2: Are they Are they still horrible?
Speaker 4: Are they still horrible?
Speaker 2: Jeff? Yes?
Speaker 6: Simple?
Speaker 4: And why yes?
Speaker 6: Because you're just not putting the Durbad to them, and Nissan of all the groups, I mean, I could make a career off a Nissan all by itself. Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 5: So tell me are they is? Are CVTs here to stay? Are they going into more and more cars?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah. I mean just about every manufacturer out there has some version of a CVT. Some are better than others. You know, Nissan, however, you know, why.
Speaker 4: Did it move in that Jeff? Why did it move in that direction?
Speaker 6: With the costs and efficiency? You know, like I say, Nissan pretty much put all their eggs into that basket. So he was in Centrics, it was in the rogues, it was in the Moranos. So you know, when they started failing, you know, they got kind of a bad taste in their mouth for the entire cafe of Needon.
Speaker 5: But there, but their cost per unit must be pretty reasonable because they like less moving parts and all of that.
Speaker 2: They must there must.
Speaker 4: Be some allure.
Speaker 6: And one of the things that Nissan's done here recently within the last year, because they only used to cover those remands for twelve months twelve and I can't tell you how many times we had one fall down after you know, thirteen fourteen months, and customers back in the door. Gosh, recently they started selling you along with the transmission you have to buy the little installation kit, which comes with a bunch of what they call single time usable parts that you don't even necessarily have to put on the vehicle. If you don't want to, you just have to purchase it. And now they're offering a three or one hundred thousand mile warranty. The offshoot is if you try to save on not buying that kit, you get no warranty whatsoever.
Speaker 4: David, did you have something to say.
Speaker 20: Yeah, the warranty that Nissan put on that remanufactured and again that's their remanufactured, not somebody else'sh three years unlimited mileage.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, Okay, thank you for calling. Let's go to Elliott. Now, Elliott, you have a question on toll roads. Go ahead, Elliott.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I kind of notice I was driving down Ice. Well, my vehicle was photographed going down I seventy. I've been out of town for a little while, but as possible that a family member was driving my car, and the way it's described, you know, you inferred a lane lane.
Speaker 15: I know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta pay.
Speaker 5: Everyone's confused, every everyone's confused about these tickets.
Speaker 4: Everyone is. But if you if you go past the toll for.
Speaker 5: The s for the the high occupancy the h OV lanes or the speed lanes, whichever they are, and you're you're if you don't go through the previous toll booth yet you are filmed in that lane, then you get.
Speaker 4: A ticket for it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, the technology is kind of flawless. It's hard to argue because they'll have your car not registered for a toll yet going in that lane, and they compare the license plates for everyone in that lane, and if that lane doesn't, if that car doesn't match the toll, then you're screwed. Well, I'm going to tell you right now, you're not gonna get out of it.
Speaker 27: So I've been out of town for extended period of time. He's not listening seventy five, I'm listening to you.
Speaker 4: Oh now, it's one hundred and fifty, isn't it. Yes, yep, so, but it's not their fault you were out of town, is well?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 5: Actually though, wait a minute, wait a minute. I did have a case where a guy was I don't know if he's out of town, but he wanted to pay it, and they did go back to the original amount because he had a good excuse.
Speaker 2: I think he was in the hospital.
Speaker 5: So Elliott, if you tell them, you know, if you're not trying to get out of the whole ticket, and you simply tell them you were out of town and you'd be happy to pay the original amount, I'll bet you they will do that.
Speaker 2: Isn't there a place for you to call or not?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 27: I tried to call, but they refer you to a website to make your Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think it matters because the time frame's gone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what do you mean, Mark.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, for disputing it. Yeah, you can't dispute it.
Speaker 10: You're better off just paying it now before the next part comes where there's going to be attorneys or collection fees on it.
Speaker 4: It's not fair and it sucks, man. We all agree with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but let's yeah, people, we're getting so many complaints about this. But I want to bring something up, Mark, that you mentioned. You said it's not fair now now truly, if you think about the system, and thank you for calling Elliott, but if you think about the system the way it was, people were all day long going in and out of that lane, dodging that hang that thing that hangs over the lane that counts your car so they were using the HOV lane, but they were not paying for it.
Speaker 4: They would simply weave in and out.
Speaker 2: It was so easy to do.
Speaker 5: You could tell where those toll trackers are, and so just before the toll tracker you beave out, you weave back in afterwards and mark. What they're doing is comparing those weavers to the people who are paying.
Speaker 10: That's why it's that's not the reason it's not fair, though. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is they're using a traffic ordinance that is not rightly applied. And we had an attorney. What do you mean it's no, that's.
Speaker 5: Right because one guy won what was what was the ordinance they're applying.
Speaker 4: They're a failure to pay the toll. That's what the ordinance.
Speaker 10: They They charge you the seventy five bucks on and it's simply not that because it's not failure to pay the toll. A lot of people pay the toll and they exit early, so not only did they pay the toll, but they get a seventy five dollars ticket, or like you said, they weave in and out, but they end up paying the toll on their responder. That's what happened to the attorney we had on and he tried to do it every way on the website. He fought it all the way to a judge, and what he won on was actually the way the law is written. They're saying you're avoiding a toll. He's like, here's my thing right here, I paid the toll. You can't say crossing a double line is not paying a toll.
Speaker 4: They're using the wrong law. And this guy actually took at it.
Speaker 5: But if let's just say he didn't have the toll on there, then they would have been accurate that he did avoid it.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 10: I would agree with that one percent. And I don't like people that go weave in and out. If I'm going to pay for it, I don't want your cheap ass in there for free when I'm paying. So I agree with you in theory. But there's a lot of people that end up not only paying the toll. We get the seventy five dollars ticket, and no matter what they do, they can't, they can't beat it. They show them, hey, I paid the toll.
Speaker 5: Good point, good point, okay, three O three seven one three eight two five five one clearous garage doors for all of your garage door needs. I've known these guys for so many years. They'll come to your home and do a complete opener or the garage door or any part of those and all of the prices.
Speaker 4: Are on their website.
Speaker 5: Here's the website one Clear Choice Doors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you Who's Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hey Tom Marsino here three three seven to one three talk.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: I was taking comments on EV vehicles and I've gotten quite a few texts.
Speaker 2: But people are.
Speaker 5: Saying, by far, the Tesla has the best technology in the best cars.
Speaker 4: A lot of people like the Rivian.
Speaker 5: They love the Rivian Suv and they say as an suv, it beats the X in all categories except performance.
Speaker 10: Now performance and brains. It doesn't drive itself. Tom My, god, how.
Speaker 4: Important is it to drive yourself? Mark?
Speaker 2: Why is that so important to you? Oh? My god?
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, I'm looking at buying their taxis when they come out, and they'll go out and make me money. They'll drive people around and I'll get paid for it. The other thing is, I mean, you know what, someone's someone drinks too much your house, you throw them in your damn Tesla.
Speaker 4: It takes them home.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Tommy, you just need to try experience at first to appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 5: I really need to, because, as he said before, the levels of driving I've experienced, they were not even close to following navigation and stop signs and red lights and.
Speaker 4: No, you can't have anything or even turning.
Speaker 6: I don't have.
Speaker 5: I've never experienced auto driving that'll actually turn your car onto another street. I mean, they're really just advanced cruise control with spacing and lane keeping, and but they don't they don't do anything. They don't follow navigation. So is Tesla truly the only one?
Speaker 2: For God's sake?
Speaker 10: Why would they be the only one there's nothing else close. They have some I think they're called Wavo or something, their driverless taxis but they look like spaceships. You'll see them in California, Texas. But here's what I don't understand. Hold on, you know, and they don't go on the highway.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know there's an expression, it ain't you know what magic? And if it isn't you know what magic? Why aren't other people picking up on it?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 10: I mean, so far ahead? Tesla is so far ahead, it's insane. And I need to say this.
Speaker 5: But Google had self driving didn't they have self driving cars?
Speaker 4: I think they gave up on it.
Speaker 10: But listen, man, we're talking about the same guy that's got a rocket ship that goes up and comes down and literally lands on the pad.
Speaker 4: You've seen that happen.
Speaker 10: Boeing has been around forever, NASA has been around forever. Why anybody is surprised at Tesla isn't the smartest car in the world?
Speaker 4: Is insane.
Speaker 10: The guy that did it is probably the smartest man.
Speaker 4: On the planet.
Speaker 10: Hell, he's got more, he's got more satellites in space than our government.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, he is truly a futurist, There's no two ways about it. Okay, So what offerings are there really for evs? There's so many of them, But I'm talking about outside of the major manufacturers.
Speaker 2: Who do you have?
Speaker 5: You have Rivian, and you have that other one loosen right? What is it called los?
Speaker 24: Is it Lucid?
Speaker 4: And then what else?
Speaker 5: I don't know, I mean exclusively electric and not a main brand?
Speaker 4: You have you have Tesla, Rivian and Lucid.
Speaker 5: Are there others that you can think of mark that are outside the main brands? And then of the main brands, which one does the best job when it comes to you know, evs? You know there are so many out there now? You know what the what's that Amazon one? The van we were just talking about it on break Those seem to do mark?
Speaker 24: Those were made by Rivian Amazon. Yeah, And I based it on the fact that I know where the Rivian service center is. I've driven by a bunch of times and I always see a bunch of Amazon vans there for service.
Speaker 10: You think they're possibly charging or there. You think they're there to get fixed. It's it's just the repair facility, got it? So b Onemazon probably charges them on their own.
Speaker 5: And then I heard that eighty five percent of all of these repairs that Tesla needs, they're done over the air when your.
Speaker 4: Car's at home. Yeah, people always go, oh, your car's had a thousand date.
Speaker 10: I don't know why they technically call it a service bulletin or a recall, but I guess it is, and they just update the software. Here's the other thing though with Tesla. By the way, I like Tesla. The super charging compared to almost everything out there, is so much faster and the range is so much better. Now, someone pointed out that the two hundred and fifty thousand dollars Loocid that, by the way, can't drive itself whatsoever.
Speaker 4: The thing is as.
Speaker 5: Dumb as my one hundred and fifty thousand dollars for Lucid.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they have their top to their top of the line's two hundred and fifty, but it gets a five hundred mile range.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Lucid cars, there's one for two hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 4: Darting starting at two hundred and fifty. What would that would be?
Speaker 10: Humps That roadster that's going to be coming out if you get the SpaceX package.
Speaker 4: I bet it's a half a million.
Speaker 5: But well, Lucid has some good looking cars, but I don't even notice them.
Speaker 4: Are they on the road? Do they have many on the road.
Speaker 10: No, here's here's some numbers that'll teach you right here. So their market cap is seven billion. Tesla's market cap is almost eight hundred billion, and not long ago, before Eline stepped into the political ring, it was over a trillion.
Speaker 4: According to the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 5: According to the Wall Street Journal September twenty sixth, twenty twenty four, the twenty twenty five Lucid Air Sapphire Tesla eats its dust, meaning it outdid the model s Plaid.
Speaker 4: That's what it said. Look it up.
Speaker 5: They say that the Lucid Air Sapphire beats the hell out of the Tesla s Plaid. The quickest production car on the planet is the Lucid Air Sapphire, according to this article.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's probably true at the time. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, so they're talking about and what does it start at?
Speaker 4: There's about one hundred and ten grand.
Speaker 10: Well, okay, so it says it does. Let's put this in a perspective. It can accelerate from zero to sixty and one point eight nine seconds. The plaid. The Modelesque plaid is at one point nine to nine, so I mean it's a tenth. But none of that's going to matter on either of those cars, because the Roadster with the SpaceX package is zero to sixty and point nine. You can't even say one before you're at sixty. And it's got a rocket engine.
Speaker 5: Wow, well the engine is compressed air. I'm told, hey, Robert, what is your question? And I'll take this break? He can, well, what is your question? On the transmission?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got a This is for Jeff.
Speaker 13: I got a twenty ten Chevy Cobalt and I need to get the tranny rebuilt. What kind of price range would I be looking at?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 5: Right, we'll answer that in a second. I gotta take a break. Jeff, come right back to that. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wait time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi tom Archino, your troubleshooter three all three seven on three Talk Thriell three seven on three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: So Robert had a question for.
Speaker 5: Jeff Vic and of course Kevin can weigh in on it. Twenty ten Chevy Cobalt, Robert, what's wrong with the transmission?
Speaker 13: What the mechanic said? It's coming up with all these different codes in the tranny and he says the inside is pretty much shot.
Speaker 6: Is this a general repair?
Speaker 4: What kind of transmission is that jet?
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 6: It's a fourteen forty five?
Speaker 1: E uh?
Speaker 6: Is this at a a general mechanic or is this that a transmission specialist?
Speaker 8: It's a transmission specialist.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's good to do there yet, h They said that's good to hear. So because it often on those fourteen forty fives, on those coalbalts, we used to see wiring problems where they'd chafed through and they would cause all sorts of codes. So hopefully you've had somebody who's looked at it, and it's you know, giving you a good deal here, but.
Speaker 4: You know what are they CVTs?
Speaker 6: No, it is not. It is a conventional front wheel drive transaxle.
Speaker 4: So, and how much will that cost to rebuild.
Speaker 6: The prize price? Depending on how much damage has actually been done, he's probably starting off right around the thirty one thirty two hundred dollars area, probably cap closer around forty four or fifty four, maybe fifty five hundred.
Speaker 4: What holy crap, what's that? What's that car worth?
Speaker 1: Model?
Speaker 13: It's only got one hundred thousand. It just barely turned one hundred thousand about two months ago.
Speaker 4: So is it worth putting five grand into it?
Speaker 6: Though? Well, what can you replace it for? For five grand? I mean you can turn around and go out and spend fifty grand and get into another.
Speaker 13: Car exactly here, right, it's taken care of it. It's really clean. I mean it's my wife's car and set things taken care of.
Speaker 4: So oh okay, anyway, that was the price range he gave.
Speaker 5: And yeah, and of course you could always talk to Jeff about it. We got guest Jeff vic Kimera Transmission, Kevin Cloughton, shared an Auto Tech and more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Stick around three O three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ripped off.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Come running. Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 18: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show, Now, Tom Martinez, Hello, How you doing?
Speaker 15: This?
Speaker 4: Is the Consumer Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Recovering hundreds of millions of dollars literally in cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds, and services. If you can't afford an attorney, we help you in those cases. Now, we help you in all kinds of cases. If you have a problem, give us a call today's car Day. People call it car Friday. I got Jeff Thick, Kimera Transmission, Kevin Calton shared an Auto Tech and of course our Deputy Bow, Deputy Deputy D.
Speaker 2: And we also have.
Speaker 5: I think Deputy Doc working from home. And whatever your calls, problems, questions, give us a call. You can also I don't mention this often enough, but in addition to three Zho three Martino, which you can call twenty four to seven, our email address for help is help at troubleshooter dot com. This hour brought to you by Denver Regen dot com. They do stem cell therapy and eradicate pain and painful joints, tendons arthritis and I've had it done their great people, Denver Regen dot com. All right, so Deputy Bow has a question for sweet sisters.
Speaker 4: Deputy Bo did you say you.
Speaker 2: Had a question?
Speaker 4: Okay, what is what is the question?
Speaker 5: And Laurie and by the way, I should mention who they are Stephanie and Laurie or who are the sisters sisters sweets Denver dot com. They may candy. You have a question, Bo.
Speaker 29: Yes, my sister told me you guys make a spectacular bar that you use real pistachio cream, and I'd like for you guys to describe how it's made.
Speaker 4: So it's a pistachio bar.
Speaker 2: It's used pistachio cream, and I don't.
Speaker 4: Know how what is pistasio cream anyway, So I'd like to know. Okay, Yeah, like a.
Speaker 5: Peanut butter made with pistachio, I mean a pistachio butter.
Speaker 12: It's close. So this is actually a viral candy bar that we have right now. It's called the Dubai Bar. People are going crazy for it. They're looking for it. Every time we sell it, it sells out instantly. But it is it's this delicious gourmet chocolate that we use. And inside is a pistachio cream with a toasted tahini and a toasted tahini and silo dough and they're all mixed together. So inside is like you get this smooth, creamy pista shio flavor, but you have a crunch in there too, and it's amazing.
Speaker 5: How long have you been, guys around? How long has Sister's Sweet Treats been around?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 12: We started out of our homes in twenty twenty. Actually, we've been in business for five years. But we've only been in our storefront for just over a year and a half now, and we were recently, actually just a couple of weeks ago, it was announced by Westward that we were Denver's Best candy store for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 12: Your website online, they can you can order online.
Speaker 4: Nice. Okay, by the way, where is the store?
Speaker 12: Yeah, the store is on South Kipling. We're just north of Bellevue and south of Quincy. We're in this cute little strip mall with the forty ninth restaurant host Plaza area.
Speaker 2: You sit near Southwest Plaza. Southwest Plaza where.
Speaker 12: About five minutes away from Southwest Plaza, right by the Penitentiary.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, And so.
Speaker 5: What is the so for Easter? This is a big deal. You can you can have some Do you have ready made Easter baskets to go?
Speaker 12: We do have ready made baskets to go. We also have a selection of basket stuffers. So if you spend forty dollars on those stuffers, we'll give you a free basket and ribbons to include with your purchase. And they're super gorgeous.
Speaker 11: They brought a few baskets for us here Tom, they're gorgeous.
Speaker 6: Thanks, I want one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all these guys get those baskets and then we get we bumpus.
Speaker 2: We just get whoppers. Oh we got delicious pizza.
Speaker 4: Ton, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 15: We had.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, what is the what is the what is the best selling what is the best selling candy?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 12: People love to come in and get our nostalgic candy. People go crazy for it. I love it because we get to hear stories of people's memories of their candy growing up. So right now it's the nostalgic candy. People also are going crazy for the cotton candy like nerds.
Speaker 4: So for a good question, Mark.
Speaker 12: That is a great question. We're talking big honk zag nuts chuckles. Terry mash twin being candy cigarettes.
Speaker 2: I remember those.
Speaker 4: I used to think I was such a big deal cinnamon.
Speaker 5: God, imagine getting kids, getting kids used to that habit. At that age, I used to pretend I was smoking. I swear to god, candy cigarettes were so much fun. They were so much fun. Hey, let's talk to Let's talk to Greg.
Speaker 4: Who has a question?
Speaker 30: Go ahead, Greg, Bhi, Tom, Hey, I was thinking about buying a twenty twenty one or twenty twenty two GMC Arcadia Ganali and I was wondering what your guys thought of that.
Speaker 4: Guys weigh in on it.
Speaker 6: It's a decent mid level vehicle. I mean that gen Aale's got a lot of creature comforts to it that you're not going to get inside the lower models. But you know, the Arcadia has a pretty decent track record. If you want to compare other vehicles. Sure, how many miles around it you're looking at one specific, I'm.
Speaker 30: Looking at anywhere between thirty six and forty two thousand miles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you should be fine. That's a good vehicle to get in that range.
Speaker 4: So they're a good size suv, aren't they.
Speaker 6: Yeah they're nice too, especially Gnali. A lot of comfort.
Speaker 5: Wow, okay, And how are the engines? They're not leakers after they get older.
Speaker 6: They all are when they get older.
Speaker 23: But yeah, in that mileage in age range, he shouldn't have any trouble. I would still get attacked. I wouldn't buy it, you know, said unseen. I'd get attacked and go from there. But he should be a right.
Speaker 6: Depending on the price points you're going out, you might want to compare it to new, because you know, financing to use vehicles, you're gonna have much higher interest rates and maybe comparable to go new.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, you know that's true.
Speaker 5: A lot of people don't consider new because they think automatically it's going to be more expensive.
Speaker 2: But Jeff brought up.
Speaker 5: Something you do get a higher rate when you finance use and also you get shorter terms, so if you got a little longer term and a lower rate, you could buy new.
Speaker 4: Possibly good point. Let's go to Katie.
Speaker 5: Katie has been working with Dmitri on an apartment problem Dmitri. Katie's original problem was she was just twelve days into her lease. She was technically moving in at sixty eighth and Lowell, and she discovered two dead cockroaches and assumed there was an infestation, especially based on conversations with neighbors, and also feared bedbugs, so.
Speaker 4: She wanted to get out of it.
Speaker 5: Brad O'Brien said she probably didn't have a leg to stand on for habitability because she hasn't even moved in yet.
Speaker 4: What were you able to show or what were you able to do?
Speaker 1: D well?
Speaker 24: You know, I called a couple of times and I emailed the apartment complex. A couple of times they didn't respond to me directly, but Katie told me yesterday during one of our follow up calls, is that our inquiries caused some commotion over there and they are suddenly taking her requests for, you know, to be let out of the lease seriously. And Katie told me that they're anticipating a solution to this either yesterday or today. And I have a feeling Katie called us because some sort of solution.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened, Katie?
Speaker 28: So they are avoiding my contract with a stipulation of a thirty day notice as of the day that I requested, So they're going to backdate it to the day that I requested to get out of my lease. So I will just be responsible for the thirty days from the day that I requested to the end of that term, and then they'll terminate my contract without any additional fees and I'll be free.
Speaker 5: So what does that turn out to be? What does that turn out to be in dollars and cents?
Speaker 28: I don't know the exact amount. I'm thinking about half of May's rent, so about probably like seven huns.
Speaker 4: But you're pretty satisfied with that, yes, I.
Speaker 5: Am, especially because the original penalty was going to be a lot more.
Speaker 24: I think Katie said over four thousand dollars is what they first voted her. That's a great that's a great turnout of events.
Speaker 28: Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. I really appreciate your guys. Another stipulation of that is that you guys stop calling them.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll stop calling hey. Thank you very much for.
Speaker 5: Telling us we will stop. Then, it's a much smaller penalty than called for in the in the least, you know. I'll tell you what I like when.
Speaker 4: Companies respond on their own I really like that.
Speaker 2: And I like that.
Speaker 5: I hate when companies don't respond. And Omara Ford, shame on you. This situation with Omara Ford has me bugged.
Speaker 24: It's in defensive Ford Dealership. It's not the Omeara Ford, it's Omera Buick.
Speaker 5: Gmc okay, well, it's omar Okay. Now, let's talk about this. She had an extended warranty and supposedly it's not covering this. It would cover it under normal circumstances, but the warranty company is saying it happened during the first ninety days, a probationary period of some kind.
Speaker 24: Yeah, and it's called like elimination period is what they call it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which exactly is what it is.
Speaker 5: And I've heard of these in other problems and other with other warranties. There are waiting periods. But you could find zero.
Speaker 24: Yeah, there's nothing in the contract that I could find, and George couldn't find it either, And the warranty company pointed the finger at Omera, the dealership. They actually the warranty company actually said in their denial that it's the dealer who's responsible for repairs during this elimination period. So I've been trying and trying and trying to get some sort of input from Omeara.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying they did anything wrong.
Speaker 24: I have no evidence of it, but I just wanted to get clarification on what this elimination period is, if they disclosed it to George, and what George's next step should be with Omeara. But man, O'Mara, I'm just getting the silent treatment from America.
Speaker 5: Here's what I think he should do now. I don't know if he can sue them for the repairs. He might be able to, but that is going to go beyond small claims court, right, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, is it going to go beyond seventy five hundred?
Speaker 24: Well, what is the new engine, Kevin? What does the new engine cost for that twelve truck? Twelve thirteen thousand?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that for a used one?
Speaker 6: No, that's rebuilt, rebuilt?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, So what does he do in this case? We're small claim score, it's not going to help him. But he is contractually covered. From what we can see, we don't see any exclusions for a waiting period. I mean, where would they be written, If not in the warranty document itself. Could it be on the document where he bought the warranty?
Speaker 24: That's if I were the dealership, that's where I would put that disclosure, right saying that this takes effect in ninety by the way the contract says, it takes effect on the day it is signed. Really so yes, So according to the.
Speaker 5: Case, have you called the warranty company, No, let's do that, all right, Let's just call him and say, look, you know, we want we want to clear this up, so please point us to the wording where there we have this period. And if they say, well that's our deal with the dealer, that's that doesn't matter.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I agree, it doesn't matter, but man, good luck fighting a used car warranty company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you don't want I'd like to know what they're going to say.
Speaker 5: There is no exclusion that we can find in your contract, so where is it? And certainly they have to know if they have an agreement with the dealer that the consumer doesn't have a contract with the dealer in them. The contract is between the warranty company and the consumer, and there is no waiting period and there is no exclusionary period or elimination period. So where the hell are they getting this? Are they just hoping this woman is gonna go away.
Speaker 2: Not come back. Yeah, it's a man.
Speaker 4: George, are the man who's gonna go away and not come back.
Speaker 24: This whole entire conversation could have been avoided if Almera had simply responded to my polite, humble inquiry, which is, hey, guys, can you please explain this to us? And what is George's next step? What do you recommend he does?
Speaker 23: In this case, it's gonna have the trucks brought over there, though, because they wanted to look, Yeah, good memory, let's yes, George, goodness.
Speaker 6: Shot, see if they'll step up and take care of it.
Speaker 24: That's what I told George to do, and he sounds like he's agreed. He agreed with me yesterday and his plan is to reach as if yesterday, to reach out to Amara again and ask them, you know, politely, in a non high maintenance manner, to come pick up that truck and see what they can do for him.
Speaker 2: All right, now, that's what's going on right now.
Speaker 5: Kinage Home Solutions sixty five years and growing older. They have convention and they have a tradition and heritage, and they have painting now KINH Painter Pros or Painting Pros kh find them at khwindows dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Paint too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino here three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Mike has a question on two thousand and eight Chevy hhr. Mike, go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 8: So I have a unique situation.
Speaker 31: My wife's father passed away a few months ago. She had an eight hhr. We had it up for sale, getting ready to sell it. While driving it, the ABS voulve modulator went out, and Chevy has made that part obsolete. And an eight is its only year five to seven cross reference they crossover and O nine to twelves crossover eight does not. I've looked at Junkyards, I've looked all around, and I was just wondering if any of your car guys have any ideas where I could source one of those parts.
Speaker 2: All Right, you.
Speaker 5: Probably got to ask you something first, huh, go ahead, okay, go Kevin. I just want to ask a quick question. What is the part? What does that part do?
Speaker 6: Kevin?
Speaker 23: That's what actually operates the ABS, so it'll activate the pomps, deactivate and so forth. It monitors everything on the brake system.
Speaker 5: And can it be substituted with the newer technology workaround like like adapt the new technology.
Speaker 6: No I wish, but no.
Speaker 23: Yeah, and he's gonna have a hard time because even the used ones you find, there's no guarantees are any good until you put them.
Speaker 4: On car dash parts.
Speaker 23: Car parts is one and you can actually I'm looking at three of them on eBay right now.
Speaker 4: You just it's a crapshoot, all right, how much are they?
Speaker 23: One hundred and fifty bucks? So for what are they called ABS? The anti lock break module assembly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you go.
Speaker 10: Dot com you can put in your make model, but it'll search pretty much every single salvage yard in the country.
Speaker 15: Okay, yeah, I'll try that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I've tried.
Speaker 31: The dealership locally gave me like a company that remanufactured repairs them that they say they can't even get the O rings and all that anymore, so that's not even an option. So yeah, and I source. I tried Stadium all of parts. They put me in the national Nobody came back with one.
Speaker 23: So yeah, like I said, I'm looking at there are there are some available right now on UH on eBay.
Speaker 4: And it's impossible to like rebuild them or anything.
Speaker 6: Guys, No, it's not, but you have to find them.
Speaker 10: You got to find all the little parts for it, and you can't just fabricate this over.
Speaker 5: I wonder how many cars have been rendered useless by similar situations.
Speaker 4: Manufacturers simply stop.
Speaker 2: Doing it that way more and more lightly.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, it's going faster and faster.
Speaker 5: What do you do? I mean it really, it really renders the car useless.
Speaker 23: Right, Well, there are some workarounds we can do with like tip of modules, which are just integrated relays. We can rewire and put an external relay. But it's a lot of work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I had asked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are, but it's a lot of money. But it can be done.
Speaker 23: It can be, but not on this abs. Nobody wants to play with modifying a break.
Speaker 10: Because the responsibility and all of a sudden you can Yeah, you can't use it.
Speaker 4: I mean I hear it. Well he didn't buy it, though, I think it was inherited.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I mean that could happen with people that buy say Lucid cars and other car models.
Speaker 4: God, Mark, get over it.
Speaker 5: Mark is Mark has his panties and a twist right now because somebody said that his Lucid car was more advanced than Mark's Tesla, and Mark just.
Speaker 4: Can't let it go. Just can't let it go anyway. That's it.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three Talk seven one three eight two five five more. Coming right up, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two.
Speaker 4: Five five all right.
Speaker 5: I'm I really joked about Shweaty Balls when we talked to Sisters Sweets Denver dot com. The Sisters Sweet Treats. They have a candy company. But you know what, the more I think about this, everyone knows that skit on Saturday Night Live. And I'll bet you if you did a version of Shweaty Balls you could not keep them in stock. People would buy them just to put them out with the label or the packaging, just to say they got them. I mean, you guys do novelty stuff like that. I can tell from your website you like to tap on nostalgia and you liked it, you know, or the culture old culture, new culture. Don't you think your version of schweaty balls might go somewhere?
Speaker 12: You know what, Tom, We're going to give it a shot, and if we're successful, you'll get the first batch. So definitely we.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I swear, I swear to here. That would be so cool. Tom's schweaty Balls on man.
Speaker 4: Okay, And by the way, their guests today we call.
Speaker 2: Them common women or common men.
Speaker 5: We're going to start doing that more and more often when people come in and visit the show.
Speaker 4: They're doing free shipping today as well. They have to have the code, which is Martino.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 5: So they just they just put that in the shipping code or what is there a place to put a code in on.
Speaker 12: The checkout page? There's a place to apply a promo code. They can just type in Martino right there and they'll get free shipping.
Speaker 10: What's the number one thing you guys sell that's dehydrated?
Speaker 12: Skip the skittles, we call them CRUNCHIESE.
Speaker 10: What's the strangest thing you've dehydrated? You said you opened right before COVID, So it's like.
Speaker 5: Call them dehydrated? Is that what you call them dehydrated?
Speaker 2: Is that the perturbation.
Speaker 12: I'm not dehydrated. They're freeze DRIEDE. There's actually a difference, so yeah, it is free gide. Probably the craziest thing well that we did and we actually loved, was my sister's green chili. We we frow we dehydrate or no, I'm saying it, we freeze dried port green chili.
Speaker 4: How about like a hot dog?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 12: But I do know somebody that did an in and out cheeseburger because they wanted to send it to somebody that didn't have an in and out in their state. So they actually freeze gied the shipped.
Speaker 5: It to And when you ship it, how do they reconstitute it?
Speaker 12: Well with that, I think that they wrapped it in a like a wet paper towel.
Speaker 2: I'm the only.
Speaker 10: One that can't stand when he says that. I feel as if you're saying throw up when you say reconstitute it, what.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make it? That's what I think.
Speaker 4: That's why Mark has a Mark Mark thinks.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen to Mark language, and you'll understand he comes from a world of his own. In other words, you might think he's from another place.
Speaker 2: The most delicious.
Speaker 24: Yeah, come on, the most delicious freeze dried thing I've ever tasted was a burger King onion ring.
Speaker 4: Really, oh wow.
Speaker 24: The super super crispy chip. And it's crispy and crunchy and it tastes like the most delicious fried onion ring I've ever.
Speaker 4: I think they call those fus right, No, what is may I?
Speaker 2: What does a freeze dryer look like?
Speaker 12: It looks like a small dryer.
Speaker 6: Its people at home.
Speaker 2: Amazon sells them for at home, right.
Speaker 24: Yeah, they're very expensive, Tom, The ones I looked at are about three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on on Amazon, No, No, you know, I.
Speaker 12: Have to say, we with harvest Right freeze dryers. We love them. We paid there, We prayed a pretty penny for them. But they want to get them in all the homes across America, so they're actually selling them for super cheap Costco. So if you can find one, I don't know which Costcos, but they're like fifteen hundred at Costco.
Speaker 2: Oh my cad.
Speaker 4: But what would you that would Joe like literally do with it?
Speaker 12: You know people love to do they have them market hiking and camping. They love to freeze dry their food.
Speaker 6: Preppers, preppers.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Listen, they have home they have home dryers or not dryers.
Speaker 5: They're called the freeze dryers, starting at like forty five bucks, going up to three hundred.
Speaker 2: I mean they have all kinds. Man, those aren't the right.
Speaker 12: Those are one hydrated real.
Speaker 2: They're called harvest right. Yeah, those are dehydrators.
Speaker 4: Hart one is called literally, oh, three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the harvest Right machine.
Speaker 24: That's the ones I looked at a couple of years ago, and I can't believe they're like half the price now at Costco.
Speaker 5: But some of them are called freeze dryers. Are they giving them the wrong name? One is sixty seven dollars.
Speaker 12: You have to be really careful. There's a harvest Right's really the only reputable company. One other company came along in the last couple of years, but really Harvest Right's the only reputable company and their prices are yeah, like three to five thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: I'm looking at the harvest right at Costco. I didn't log in to see the price, but I will. But it looks like a washing machine. It looks like a front loading washing.
Speaker 24: Yeah, that's exactly what they look like. Yeah, and by the way, they're super loud when they operate.
Speaker 4: Right, they are.
Speaker 12: Yeah really and they.
Speaker 2: Have an external like compressor or something. Yeah, they have a huge, very powerful vacuum pump.
Speaker 5: Did you ever put like a Wow, they suck the moisture right out like a fish stick fish.
Speaker 12: Fish never fish never a fishtick we put Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, they said some stuff doesn't change like a nut, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, a peanut would do nothing.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't do nothing. It would still look like a peanut.
Speaker 12: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: It would still taste like one too. So we have to caution people.
Speaker 5: They have to be very careful not to just buy something on Amazon that's called a freeze dryer. Now, some of them are called dehydrators, but they're there are some specifically called freeze dryers, but they have no kind of compressor or nothing like that, So how can they be called freeze dryers. Then the one there are somewhat three thousand and others at seventy nine dollars.
Speaker 4: How can that be?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it can't be. And that you know a lot of people I've heard want to jump into this because it's kind of viral when people are jumping on the train. Like you go to a farmer's market, you'll see like three or four freeze dry people. But people are jumping on it. And then you hear of all these stories of people buying machines that they thought they were getting and they really weren't getting an actual freeze dryer. You definitely have to have the vacuum pump with it or it's not going to do the job.
Speaker 10: So this one costco and it's twenty five hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Is that a good deal?
Speaker 17: That is all?
Speaker 12: That's a really good deal.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 10: And it says industrial freeze dries up to three thousand pounds of fresh food per year.
Speaker 12: Mark we're not getting one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I was going to ask what would you what would you like? There are certain things I imagine can't be freeze dried. You just talked about a peanut.
Speaker 4: But for example, if you put a scoop of ice cream in there.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't for you. I will. Yeah, people do that. What does it do?
Speaker 12: It's called Well, you've heard of astronaut ice cream, right, so they you can buy these museums and yeah, freeze dried ice cream sandwiches. So you actually can freeze dried ice cream.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then it's just kind of and then you don't have to freeze it. You can just have an ice cream sandwich.
Speaker 4: But like a steak, would it be beef jerky basically when it's done?
Speaker 12: Uh yeah, and you could reconstitute it. You can wrap it back up in like a wet brutal and I know you can throw it back up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do astronauts really have freeze dried food?
Speaker 15: Is that what they do?
Speaker 6: They used to?
Speaker 2: They have real food.
Speaker 6: It's reconstant.
Speaker 5: What about these meals ready to eat from the military.
Speaker 24: Oh, those are just preserved. They're neither dehydrated nor freeze dried. They're just severely preserved and vacuum sealed.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 10: Now, our favorite beer, if you add water back into it, how do you do that?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 12: Literally it depends on what it is. So like with her green chili, then we would just add water to it, stir it up, cook it back up, put.
Speaker 4: It in the pot and it tasted like it did and it.
Speaker 12: Did and it really did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were pretty a mame steak could do that.
Speaker 12: Yeah it couldn't. You can do like people do, like you asked about pizza slices, things like that, and if or bread, you just wrap it in a wet paper towel. I know, it sounds so gross, and then that water gets absorbed back into it and then it reconstitutes.
Speaker 4: So you can regurgitate all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, coming back, we're going to talk about beer right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here, Steve our favorite rock and Roll student. We're our favorite beer brewer rock Androll dot Beer. Steve, give you give your pitch right now? What can people look forward to?
Speaker 15: Tom? This is Steve with rock and Roll Brewery. As you know, and I wrote the Shree Farm jingle and you just played that commercial. Anyway, My brewery is in Firestow in Colorado and the grand opening to our beer garden we've never been able been allowed to have people here before opens May third. The first twenty five people from your show to schedule a VIP appointment online at Rocknroll Dot Beer, I will give them one more. You know they buy beer, I'll give them one beer free to the first beer and also half off on all T shirts and other merchandise for your callers. I will also give a coaster, a bumper sticker, and a koozi.
Speaker 10: And his beer for people listening. This is real deal beer man, beautiful IPAs he's got. I mean, Steve, what do you got fifteen seventeen beers?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 15: I got sixteen choices. We're also making a IP bourbon IPA that'll be number seventeen. We have everything here. No small, even large breweries do not have this kind of selection. We have a great selection, and you know I haven't heard one bed comment from anyone.
Speaker 4: I love it. People should go sign up. Man, it's right here.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 10: VIP Saturday Beer Garden free admission. And you're saying it's a buy one, get one for people that book today.
Speaker 5: It's any Martino listener, he said, so rock and roll dot beer, rockn roll dot, be or thank you listen.
Speaker 2: I have a text I want.
Speaker 5: It says you don't need ABS to operate a vehicle. That guy doesn't have to do anything. You'll still have breaks, just not ABS. Is that true the guy that talked about break his ABS module not working?
Speaker 4: Is that true that they'll still have regular breaks.
Speaker 23: Depending on what's wrong with the modus. Well, it could block breaks as well, so it's not always the case, but it's possible.
Speaker 15: Sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, I had another one.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find. Oh, here it is.
Speaker 5: I picked up twenty seventeen Nissan Ultima for my kid. It has one hundred and fifteen thousand miles on it. The transmission has never been serviced. I've heard that if you have high mileage on a transmission like that with no service, just leave it alone. Because you can unearth more problems by trying to flush it or trying to put in new stuff.
Speaker 4: What do you think that's an.
Speaker 6: Old wife's tail. I mean when you drop the pan to change the filter, if you see evidence in there, you stop, you back up. You know, you don't perform the service as you could aggravate things at that point. But other than that, know that you're back in the fifties and sixties when the average lifespan was you know, probably sixty five seventy thousand miles. That's usually when people started thinking about actually doing a service. So yeah, they were right there. They changed out the fluid and then they blame the actual service on the failure when the two actually weren't even tied together.
Speaker 5: So what you're saying is you service any and all transmissions, whether they're old or whether they have a hot a lot of mileage on them or not.
Speaker 6: Most certainly, Yeah, you know, if you see evidence to stop you otherwise, then that's one thing. But you know, doing preventive maintenance, and you know it's just that it's preventative.
Speaker 23: Yeah, the service isn't made to fix it. Guys, if you have a problem, you're going to still have a problem when you're done.
Speaker 5: Okay, what do you think of that concept I have of what I call zero timing if you buy an older car rather than piecemeal it, just go in and go through all the belts, hoses, fluids and just change them all out.
Speaker 2: Or is that overkill?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean as far as the fluid's definitely for sure. If you don't have history, then it's a good time to do it. Things like builts and hoses can be inspected. So if it doesn't warrant repeating, then you know, you can have a peace of mind as somebody's looked it over.
Speaker 2: Someone else wants to know.
Speaker 4: Here, what is the life span of a car battery?
Speaker 6: That's going to depend on the battery you buy and the region you're living in.
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, let's talk about the Denver area. A normal battery life what would it be?
Speaker 6: Five years?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Probably all that?
Speaker 17: Five?
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe seven?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 5: So is there anything you can do to extend the life of your battery or you just get what you get and you don't throw a fit? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, keep them clean for one, I mean, they will vent to some extent, So going out there and keep them clean. What do you mean I mean, you know, they'll vent the acids, so they'll build up corrosion around the terminals and around the cables. So do an occasional maintenance where even if you do something like pour coca cola over it, which will neutralize that acid, you know you typically will use baking soldum water, clean that stuff up, get some good connections, and maintain the life of that battery.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Guys.
Speaker 5: Well, that brings us to UH to talk about the end of the show. That means you can get your calls in and we will get them from Monday at three Oho three Martino three oh three, six, two seven eight, four sixty six. Don't forget jeffic camera transmission. Kevin Calkin shared an auto tech and remember, folks, save all your problems for me.