Speaker 1: Russ has got some of the stuff we learned just a moment, christ I got to send you this video. It cracked me up. It was my favorite video on Instagram of the weekend. It's two black guys talking about funny sayings only white people use. Yeah, and it was like they were hysterical or like He's like, you know what my favorite one is? Is it you're barking up the wrong tree? He goes, I really like that one. That's that one he's because you might be barking up the wrong tree. And then the other one he goes, you know my favorite one is he goes, get a load of this.
Speaker 2: Does anybody still say get a load of this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I guess so. But these guys are very, very funny. I loved it. Thanks for the laugh. Wherever you guys are.
Speaker 2: What we learned today, well, my first funny today was don't be afraid of things that are different from you. Be afraid of things that are just like you, because you are terrible.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: My friend Claire sent that to me because she and I are one and we can be terrible about things.
Speaker 1: But that's that is good.
Speaker 2: Another thing we learned, Sandy and I are not ready to be grandparents because our sophomore in high school daughter for Human Growth and Development class, brought home a robot baby, a baby, that life sized baby simulates a real baby that for forty eight hours straight. When it cried, she had to figure out if it needed to be held, burped a new diaper, or fed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This baby does everything a baby does but expel fluids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does literally everything. But I will say I told her, I was like, I think you got to call your baby. Yeah, something's wrong with your baby. That baby had to be fed four times in like four hours. I was like, that's a little excessive hungry baby. That baby was hungry all the time. And it makes the sucking noises on the bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we were not sad to see not a lot.
Speaker 1: Of maternal instinct in the head. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When the baby would start making noises, Landry would go, no, you can't talk to your baby like that. But we were all bye bye baby at this school. And finally we also learned that DoorDash has declared that the drink of the summer is going to be Margarita's.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Not mad at that at all. Especially they said a big one up for this summer is a watermelon margarita.
Speaker 1: Heck yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: All over that.
Speaker 1: We'll get you on, Trisha, I think I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna get myself one, especially today.
Speaker 1: Sinco to Baio after five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Please after five o'clock, I'll wait.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, everyone, Thanks for spending time with us. We do appreciate if you're just joining us. Get here a little bit earlier tomorrow, or stay update updated on the show by grabbing the podcast firston Just search The Sandy Show where you get podcasts. We'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody. And now it's time to say goodbye. But before we do that, we'll remind you if you're just joining us to get here a little bit earlier tomorrow. Also, stay caught up with the show by grabbing the podcast just search The Sandy Show and you can always drop us a text at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 2: What do we learned today, Well, we learned that today is literally the last day there will be no more extensions to get your real ID. It goes into effect tomorrow and if you have to travel tomorrow or any day after that without your real ID be prepared to get to the airport at least three hours early. You will have to go you, Yeah, you have to go through a bunch of extra screening. You'll have to have they said, as many other forms of ID as you can have, take them with you, and even then you might not get clear to fly.
Speaker 1: Yam, you're taking a risk.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They've been telling us for years and they're done with it. Sometimes how I feel with our teenage.
Speaker 1: Daughter, just done telling her.
Speaker 2: Done telling you, and now you have to suffer the consequences. Yeah, you think they learn, but they don't. And here's what's going to happen. People have been being told about it for years, all these updates, and they're going to go to the airport without their real idea and they get mad and they're gonna throw a fit like somebody other than them screwed it up.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's the kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I've got no patience.
Speaker 1: Get your phones ready to record that at the airport.
Speaker 2: That's going to be the new thing on social media, people freaking out for real ID. Another thing we learned. Apparently Trump is decided or he's floating the idea to reopen Alcatraz as a working prison, reopen it and expand it in order to house the worst of the worst where they can't harm anybody. Alcatraz is about a mile off shore from San Francisco.
Speaker 1: I think that sucks because it's such a great.
Speaker 2: Museum, such a great museum. Also, it's going to cost the taxpayers around three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: We don't mean to be doing that.
Speaker 2: I feel like we need to leave Alcatraz as it is. If y'all any if y'all can go on the Alcatraz tour, do it.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it's so cool, but it is.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: I got a little notch just on the ferry right now, course she did. I mean, I'm just saying to do anything with you, be careful about that.
Speaker 1: Took her on a helicopter ride over New York City on the boat to out to the Alcatraz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a helicopter ride Alcatraz. We took a ferry. My girls and I went on a trip to Ireland back in two thousand and We were staying on an island overnight and took a ferry that we It was little. We had to stay under couldn't stay on top of the deck, you'd go under deck for sure. Thought I was gonna throw up.
Speaker 1: Took on a submarine ride once got sick.
Speaker 2: There't There's no way I'd go on a submarine ride. That's not a thing. And finally, Sandy can tell everybody what we learnt about you being a streaker back in college.
Speaker 1: Got dared when I was in college to streak a bar. There was some money involved too, and uh yeah, I took the day and I did it.
Speaker 2: What amount of money made you do it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: It had to be a lot of money.
Speaker 1: It didn't have to be much because you didn't have much. A little bit of money was a lot more than you had. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, so it was a laugh. Yeah, it was funny when I was twenty one. It wouldn't it be funny today? You know? If I saw a twenty one year old kid streaking, yeah I wouldn't laugh.
Speaker 2: But also, but here even worse if you saw like a fifty something year old man streak.
Speaker 1: Oh got yeah right, I'd be awful, right exactly, have a great day. Thanks for spending time with us. We appreciate it. We'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody. And now it's time to say goodbye. Thanks for spending a little bit of time with us. We do appreciate it. We know you got choices out there, so it means a lot. Tell your friends too, what we learned today.
Speaker 2: Well, we learned about my first funny I thought was super funny, so I want to share it with the later listeners so they can laugh like the early listeners did to all the people that always said I'd never amount to anything because of my procrastination. Just you wait, just whipping yoursel I think it's hilarious. Yeah, just killing yourself over you don't think it's funny.
Speaker 1: Yah, predictable.
Speaker 2: Come on, you did not know I was going to say that it is funny. Another thing we learned, can't poison a possum. Possum is impossible to poison. That sounds like a she sells seashells by the sea short things. Can't poison a possum. Possum is impossible to poison, and that's amazing. They produce some weird protein that neutralizes any poison that enters their body, and because of this, scientists are trying to use it to build universal poison antidotes for people.
Speaker 1: That's so bizarre.
Speaker 2: Human race is saved by possums, it would be.
Speaker 1: They're creepy little.
Speaker 2: Creature are blind as bats. Remember our old neighbors and our old neighborhood found a baby possum and fostered it for a little while. They named it Penelope.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Mike and Dasha, yeah, and Lander and I would go over there and hold it. I mean it was so creepy holding it. You're very aware that you're holding a possum.
Speaker 1: Do they hang upside down? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They have those. I think they're called prehensile tails.
Speaker 1: How do you know that one?
Speaker 2: We're kind of smart about some things, really, I don't know why that information is stuck in my brain. But I can't point to where Vietnam is on a globe, so I don't know why I can retain one and nothing. A prehensile tail?
Speaker 1: Wow? Turned on by you right now?
Speaker 2: Really turns you on.
Speaker 1: Your knowledge? Right? Huh?
Speaker 2: Well, let me look up some more possum facts, right And this I think is hilarious and it makes me love the government right now, which is sometimes hard to do during the Cold War, the government briefly considered plan to mark a bunch of extra large condoms as medium sized and then air drop them into the Soviet Union to make the men there think that they're junk. Was way smaller than American men's chunk. I think that's hilarious. Probably one of the most effective forms of like mental warfare that they could have carried out.
Speaker 1: Very funny, Yes, Carrie, can I also add on to this how we were shocked to learn that to go to the met Gala it's seventy five thousand dollars for an individual ticket. Take it around the world for that, my gosh.
Speaker 2: And then what do they do once they're in there? They're not giving out awards? Do they just do that and go and then just all like leave out the back? Is it just for the walk?
Speaker 1: I mean that's a great question. Is presentation? Is there a show? Is there a concert? Right?
Speaker 2: Because they can't. Those clothes that those people are wearing are not built to sit in for long periods of time and probably not built for you to be able to eat and be comfortable. Yeah, what goes on back there? I guess you can find out if you pay him seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I guess that's the big secret, right, Yeah, you see, I may have an answer for you in just a second. I did a quick search. I don't know how quickly it's going to come up. Uh okay, here's what it says. There's a cocktail hour, an exhibition tour, a formal dinner. Then there's live performances. Some high profile performer entertains guests during or after the dinner, and then there's mingling and table hopping and just the exclusive atmosphere and the dickcor right.
Speaker 2: According to Vogue, it says it's a secret. That's the reason that the guests have to abide by the no phone therefore no social media policy.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you, thinks she can't keep your snyty gala. I don't want any party I want.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: I'd rather sit on the back of a pickup truck and drink beer and listen to music than go. Right, have a great day, everybody. We appreciate you spending some time with us. We'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody. And now it's time for us to say see laa fool see a suckers, suck us. We got to get out of here. We could do this all day long, but we only give it a certain amount of time to do it in. And we like to wrap up the show with some of the things we learned and Tricia keeps track which guy. Yep.
Speaker 2: So we declared a few weeks ago that it's officially naked season. We predicted that y'all are going to be seeing a lot of naked stories and stories that involve nudity, and so far we have not disappointed. In today's entry and Naked Season, was a man who was sitting at the gate at the airport waiting to board his plane totally naked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not his first first time to do this too, not his first time. He clearly entered the airport.
Speaker 2: Clothed because I feel certain somebody at TSA would have noticed him being naked exactly he was at the gate. He planned it.
Speaker 1: I think he was like a funny name to give me a second pull.
Speaker 2: Remember he used his middle initial allal Duayne D. Walker or something like that. Squire. That's what it sounds like should be at the end of a name within middle initial in it, right, go ahead with what's next. Yeah, So then we talked about this was in the safety portion of the show burglars people who've been arrested for burglary. When they asked, what is your first point of entry, the first place you try when you're like, I want to get into that house, all of eighty front door, front door say they just walked to the front door and try it, and normally the front door's unlocked.
Speaker 1: So lock your doors, people, Lock your doors people.
Speaker 2: After that, it's the first floor windows, and after that it's the back door, and then the garage just like your stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your garage too. That's why I'm always so scared I'm gonna leave the garage door open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's a that's definitely a thing. And finally, we played the feud today while Sandy had a flash of brilliance last week. Yeah, beat me for the first time, and I don't even know how long I got.
Speaker 1: The wrong number. I had four number ones, and the one that I didn't get number one really costs me.
Speaker 2: I know it definitely cost you, but I came back. I defended my title. Sandy got two to oh one. I got two eighty three.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, to you, Trisha, Congratulations to you. Have a great day everyone. Thanks for spending time with us. Grab the podcast version of the show where you get your podcast, and we're gonna do this again tomorrow, same time, same place. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody. Happy Mother's Day weekend to all you moms out there, and make sure you get your mom something, just a little something, something, a phone call, text message. Don't cut it on Mother's Day. You got a call, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Talk to mom, Gotta step it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: I always think about the mom that had like six kids getting six calls today.
Speaker 2: Prizes, yeah or six prizes.
Speaker 1: So Happy Mother's Day all you mom's out there. We wrap up the show every day with some of the things we learned. What do you got Well?
Speaker 2: The first thing we learned was this, there should be an app that lets people who love pickles know when there's a non pickle person nearby who has one up for grabs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Love a pickle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and same for tomatoes. You take your tomatoes off.
Speaker 1: Something I've recently discovered or changed that I now like the little tiny cherry tomatoes.
Speaker 2: To just eat by themselves.
Speaker 1: Not even a salad. I used to never eat them. Now I will. I don't like him.
Speaker 2: Please know that our daughter and I are still talking about you. Try and because Sandys in his fitness, healthy eating phase right now. And I was like, there's nowhere to go but down after this one. The other night, you came walking into the bedroom chewing on raw collie flower and offered it to us like it was a chocolate chip cooking. It was like, it's delicious, and Lander and I both were like, dude, love it. Tell your story walking. There's nothing you can say it's gonna convince us that raw colliflower is a great snap.
Speaker 1: I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Whatever, go eat your chocolate chip nonsense. I will, and I'll be a lot happier for it. Another thing we learned was some French innovator figured out a pill that you can take that say it's a chocolate pill. When you toot, your toot smell like chocolate.
Speaker 1: Chocolate toot, So that would concern me chocolate too.
Speaker 2: Say it's a pill that smells like roses. When you toot, your toots smell like roses come on strawberries.
Speaker 1: Pretty smart I.
Speaker 2: Think it's pretty smart. I think a lot of people will take him up on that, just.
Speaker 1: Like gout them for your butt, them for your.
Speaker 2: Butt, mouthwashed for your butt. Yeah, yeah, interesting. And finally, Sandy, tell the people what you've been doing lately to try and attract me sending out the vibe.
Speaker 1: I've made a list of things I can do that will make what did I title it? That make Trisha very attracted to me. I've been deleting my emails. I've changed my sheets my bed. We sleep in separate beds. I have unloaded the dishwasher, and I have wipe down countertops with Clorox wipes.
Speaker 2: And I told him, really, he could wipe down anything with the Clorox wipe and that would work. Yeah, wiped on me with a Clorox wipe.
Speaker 1: She got a little excited when I talked about unloading the dishwasher.
Speaker 2: I feel a little embarrassed about.
Speaker 1: You should be Your mother's going to hear this.
Speaker 2: I hate going to hear this so much.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, everyone in a nice Mother's Day weekend. We're going to do this again on Monday, same time, same place. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody.