Speaker 1: The Clippers. The game is ended, gather around boys, time to recap.
Speaker 2: But the post game coverage is just getting started. The successes the failure.
Speaker 3: Let's discuss this is Clippers locker Road breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Here's a a moss lad.
Speaker 1: Clippers fall here and into a dome by final score of one seventeen to one oh six to the Houston Rockets. Welcome into your postgame show. I'm at a Oslin coming up. We got second half highlights for you, plus your post game box score. As the Clippers lose their last two after having three days off and a lot of guys out for this one, including James Harden, Carlo I felt like they were able to fight. They battled out there. The problem was the Clippers just didn't have enough of their talent to overcome the deficit in that respect between them and the Houston Rockets tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the Clippers were missing James Harden. They were out without a mere coffee. Obviously, Terrence Man has a shoulder injury, but then you lose Derek Jones Junior and a game. Adam was so much guard talent that Houston has. I mean, the way they're able to move the basketball, attack the rim. Derek Joe Junior could have been huge in this game for the Clippers to try to slow down that Houston attack, and the Clippers just couldn't get it done. It's a good game to watch a lot of film on the Clippers did something or lost the rebounding battle, something that almost never happens this season, unless, of course, they're playing the Houston Rockets. It has happened a couple of times against this Houston team. Overall, though impressed with the performance when you think about who the Clippers were out missing in this contest and the fight. I mean, you talked about it, but the Clippers never gave up. They fought to the final minute of the ball game, and every single time Houston made a run, the Clippers were able to not allow the game to get out of hand. I mean, this very easily could have turned into Minnesota. The Clippers did not let that happen. I think this just shows that the identity of this team is that they're gonna fight every second they're on the floor. That's gonna win them a lot of games when they're at full strength.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their identity wasn't tapped tonight. They may have ran out of able bodies, they did not run out of fight in this ball game. And Bones Highland, I think just had his best game since the thirty nine point game last season. He played really well in his twenty eight minutes, had twenty two points once again, second straight game. Five of ten from the outside. Was more catch and shoot Bones playing off ball tonight, I thought he gave them a real plus coming off the bench.
Speaker 4: He really did, I mean, season high twenty two points, back to back games with season highs and similar to James Hornen, just able to create when the Clippers didn't seem like they had a chance to create anything on the offensive end. Get to his spot, attack down Hill, a couple of pretty fines to big Zoo underneath. Bones Highland continues to play well and it just it adds more to this Clipper lineup. They have that scoring off of the bench. IoT him and Jordan Miller in the first half were excellent. Hyland kept it going in the second half with his offense. It was great to see Bones get opportunities. I thought ad him too. He held his end defensively. I mean, really, it didn't feel like Houston is trying to attack him a couple of times, and he stayed who was able to stand tall every single time. If bones can keep playing this way, He's gonna keep playing for this Clipper team.
Speaker 1: Clippers fall one seventeen to oneh six here it into a Dome to the Houston Rockets. Clippers next game coming up not till Friday. They will be in Denver taking on the Nuggets. This is a makeup game as they're not in the knockout round of the n Season tournament. First of two games now on the schedule starting Friday in Denver versus the Denver Nuggets, and we will have tip off for you at six pregame shows starting at five Carlo Jimenez, great call as always safe traveling to Denver, my friends. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: Adam. I can't wait to talk to you on Friday. It feels like forever, but I'll be excited for it.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Oh we get by for four days with another Clippers postgame coming up next. They lose here and into It Dome by a final score of one seventeen to one oh six the Houston Rockets. I'm out of Maslins and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers audio and.
Speaker 5: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers basketball free ball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 1: Clippers lose what's seventeen to one six? Tear it into it though, to the Houston Rockets. Fine tough on Clibernation. It's gonna be with you though. Here in your post game show, I'm out of Maaslim if you want to get on early eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Final box score. Clippers shoot forty four point six percent from the field, the Houston Rockets forty eight point eight percent from the floor. One of the biggest differentiators in this game was first of all, the Houston Rockets kept the Clippers in it with fifteen turnovers. The Clippers turned that into twenty points. The Clippers only had eight turnovers guys in a game without James Harden. They took care of the basketball. There were different lineups out there. I commend the guys on the effort and the focus. Those eight turnovers by the Clippers turned into just six points, but the Clippers did get out rebounded fifty to thirty three. Some of that is because, well, they missed more shots than the Houston Rockets. Some of that is because Houston had twelve offensive rebounds compared to the Clippers just having seven, and some of those second chance opportunities were backbreakers the Houston Rockets and second chance points twenty one the Clippers with six that hurt. Clippers did beat them up in paint points, scoring sixty to Houston's forty two. But the Rockets, once again third straight game, shot well above their season average from the outside and hit some really tough shots that were very well contested, like the dagger of the ball game It's an eight point game and Jalen Green hits a three on the right wing over Bones Highland who had a hand in his face. It was well contested, didn't matter, and they shot just about thirty seven percent from three on high volume. They went fifteen to forty one from the outside, the Clippers just eleven of thirty four from three. Also the free throw line and that differential. The Rockets ended up taking ten more free throws than the Clippers in a game where they didn't attempt a free throw in the first quarter of this one doesn't matter. They would end up twenty two of twenty six at the free throw line. Clippers thirteen of sixteen, leading your Los Angeles Clippers with twenty two points off the bench. Skeleton Key Army stand up Boons Highland had twenty two, seven of thirteen, shooting five of ten from distance. Jordan Miller with twelve off the bench, ten of which came in the first half. Kevin Porer Junior with the starters in place of James Harden out with that right groin strain. He had nineteen points on eight of eighteen shooting, plus six assists, just one turnover. I thought he played well overall of each. Azubas had twenty one and twelve for the Clippers. At times I wanted him to be featured a little bit more, but the guy who really struggled that had to have a big game once again didn't. Against Houston. The Rockets have done a great job sewing down Norman Powell. All three games have been subpar for Storm and Norman. He had just seventeen points on eighteen shots and went one of eight from three Slippers lose one seventeen to one oh six to Jalen Green, who had thirty one in the Houston Rockets here at into a Dome coming up next more second half talk. After this one, Clippers dropped to fourteen and eleven on the season. I'm Ada Maslin lie from into a Dome and you're listening to Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball three ball, Yes, sir, right.
Speaker 2: Here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Slippers ball to the Houston Rockets here as into a Dome. Welcome back in. I'm out of mausel. Coming up, we got Clippers talk for you eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the Clippers dropped two in a row here at into a Dome, a banged up under Mans team that was shorthanded heading into the ballgame without James Harden, without Mobamba. They did get KPJ back, they did get Norn powellback, but of course no Terrence Man, no Kawhi Leonard. On top of it, and then pregame a mere coffee goes out with a shoulder injury during pregame warm ups, and then after the first quarter it's Derek Jones Junior who leaves the ballgame. So I got people here in the chat in the Adams family talking about we went too small. They lost a ton of wings in this game. If you're going to criticize coach lou for going too small and playing guys like Bones Highland, who led them with twenty two points, I don't know what to tell you tonight, but we'll talk about it all on Clippers Stock. Coming up next. Clippers next ball game not till Friday in Denver. They're taking on the Nuggets for the third time this season. Tip off is that six pregame show starts at five outside of Los Angeles. We are leaving you until then. Coming up next, we got clipperstop at a five seventy LA Sports And.
Speaker 3: With that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended. Hoarding judging and this has been Clippers locker Road, a postgame look at today's g every game all season long.
Speaker 2: Thank you for.
Speaker 3: Joining us for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Phoning in. We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron.
Speaker 5: On Demand, the Clippers Show of Record.
Speaker 2: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 1: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 2: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 5: Here we are and.
Speaker 3: Now here he is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 1: At follow Adam a Adam Ousley, great exliper Nation. We have a problem half the team's injury. Clippers lose to the Houston Rockets one seventeen to oneh six here into it Dome after they were already missing James Harden, Kawhi, Leonard Mobamba, Terrence Man heading into the game, and then during the pregame warm up some mere Coffee went out with the shoulder injury. And then after the first quarter, Derek Jones Junior was out and the Clippers still fought and still battled. They did not run out of fight, they ran out of bodies and they lost one seventeen to one oh six to a very good Houston Rockets team that's the top three team in the Western Conference. I'm Adam Ausland. Welcome into Clippers Talk, Tough one Clipper Nation. I understand you never liked to lose, but this Clippers team battled tonight and scrapped and gave everything they had, but the talent disadvantage was too much to overcome. And when you consider the circumstances and the Houston Rockets once again going off from distance against the Clippers, which has been a theme in all three games. Even though the Houston Rockets not a good three point shooting team, they shoot thirty three percent from three tonight, fifteen to forty one. That's thirty seven percent from three on high volume, and it was better than that. Of the half they were about fifty percent from three, went one of six from three in the third quarter, but then hit some really timely big three pointers down the stretch, including a dagger by Jalen Green over the outstretched arm of Bones Highland, who played great for the Clippers. He had twenty two points off the bench skeleton key Army represent Bones Highland in twenty seven minutes make it twenty eight, was seven of thirteen from the field and five to ten from the outside, and led the Clippers with twenty two points. We knew it would be tough without James Harden felt like Kevin Porter's junior. It was up and down at times. Overall, played decently had nineteen points against his former team, six assists to just one turnover. But you can say the game changed at the end of the second quarter where the Clippers were within three. They were right there. They had a chance to be easily within single digits heading into the half. And at the three twenty eight mark, Bones Highland hit a three pointer. It's forty nine to forty six. Houston Rockets call a time out. After that, I mean Thompson gets a layup after he went for his season high More on that in a little bit. It turned out to be an one as Chris Dunn got into foul trouble and filed on that particular possession. Then there's a Clippers turnover by Norman Powell. Shan Gung gets called for three seconds in the key. Norman Powell has the line. He makes that it's fifty two to forty seven. Then Norman Palell gets fouled on a three pointer. It is fifty two to fifty after he hits all three. I think that was tribute to James Harden not being out there, who typically is the guy that gets fouled on a three pointer. Jalen Green goes to the line, he makes two. Clippers are down by four. So now what happens. Kevin Porter Junior misses a midi, Jalen Green hits a three. Norm Powell misses a three. On the other end, Jalen Green gets a runout, gets an easy layup. It's fifty nine to fifty. Clippers are down by nine. Now then it beats the Zubats couldn't get multiple tip ends to go after Kevin Porter Junior missed another mid range shot. Dylan Brooks three Clippers are down twelve, sixty two to fifty, and they would be down twelve at the half. Eventually he got to sixty four fifty two when it was a three point game at the three twenty eight mark of the second quarter, fifteen to six run from then on, if you want to go from the two zero nine mark to the second quarter, it was a twelve two run. You're right there. You're in the game. That might have been the first blow to this Clippers team. Really in the fourth quarter, it's an eight point game down the stretch. The Clippers continued to fight. Bones Highland was cooking, got Shepherd off the dribble for a three pointer, said he was too small, but I think The most consequential shot in the ball game was that three at the two to h two mark by Jalen Green as the shot clock was running down. It was one eleven to one oh three. It's an eight point game. The Clippers are still in it. And Jalen Green got a long three pointer on the right wing over the arm of bones Highland, really well defended. Did not matter. And then Jabari Smith Junior, for for good measure, hit another three pointer. And I don't know what it is, but the Houston Rockets love playing the Clippers and hitting threes on them. They're a good team, They're not good with the three ball. All three games against the Clippers, they have shot about thirty eight to thirty nine percent combined in three games against the Clippers from three when on the season Houston is a thirty three percent three point shooting team. Is it just terrible defense by the Clippers. No, I just told you about the one that Jalen Green hit. Who got really hot the first quarter two I think, got eleven points and hit some tough shots whenever done was out of the ballgame. Jalen Green was cooking. It was unfortunate to me. I felt like at times the Clippers could have utilized two guys a little bit more on the offensive end. Aviatz, the Zubats who did finish with twenty one to twelve in thirty seven minutes. And actually Jordan Miller when he came back in the second half, I don't think he got a shot off the first five minutes he was out there. That was a little bit frustrated to me. But give Houston credit. Whenever the Clippers were closing in or making a run or had it till within striking distance, they would hit a big shot. I mean, Thompson had twenty two, his season high. He got the star is there missing Fred van Vlied? I believe he was the one the starting lineup, and he hit a lot of run silencing shots on the third quarter mid range shots. He also hit a three on the Clippers in this game. Do you know what Thompson shoots from three on the season twenty nine percent, Even he hit a three on the Clippers. It's frustrating when there's outlier shooting that goes against you. Jalen Green not a good three point shooter, shooting about thirty percent five of thirteen. He had a crazy explosive dunk in the second half, a crazy reverse layup that was Michael Jordan esque. He's a very good player. I think his season high as forty one. He had thirty one against the Clippers. But his shooting from the outside early and then late with the dagger proved too difficult for the Clippers to overcome. They fall by a final score of one to seventeen to one six to the Houston Rockets. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll pull some quotes from the head coach and the players and gets you an update on the glood of players who got injured over the last couple of days. Are in this ball game by the Clippers. Will tell you the severity of those injuries coming up next here on Clippers Stock. I'm out of maslint and you're listening to a five seven E LA Sports.
Speaker 5: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball free ball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: There will be rest for the weary as the Clippers have next four days off until they are in Denver to take on the Nuggets. After losing tonight one seventeen to one oh six to the Houston Rockets. As the Clippers were more shorthanded than Jamie Lanister. We knew coming into the game. No Terrence Man, no Kawhi Leonard, no James Harden, no Mobamba. Then pregame of Mere Coffee goes out. Then Derek Jones Junior goes out after the first quarter, and I commend the Clippers on the effort they put out there. They did not run out of fight. Maybe able bodies, but they did not run out of fight against the Houston Rockets. Welcome back in This is Clippers stock. I'm at a Mosland eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety eight seven two five seventy is the phone number on a night where Bones Highland busy Bones at twenty two. This was his best game, guys, since last season, the very end of last season when he had that thirty nine point game. This is the best Bones Highland has looked. Not just because he was getting shots to fall. I thought he played within himself. He was playing off ball a lot. He got others going. He only had one turnover to four assists. He had some really nice assists. The fourth quarter found of Vitza Zubas for a big dunk. I don't know if Vita Zubos got involved enough. I see this from Joey Lynn postgame meats At Zubats said the Clippers felt James Harden's absence in every possible way tonight. Mentioning his scoring, playmaking, rebounding, and leadership, Zubat said, he's our leader on the court. I've been telling you guys before the season started, this is James Harden's team right now. We'll bring you more postgame quotes as we find them. Chat the Adams family. Yeah, Chris Dunn has had issues with the three ball the last two weeks.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: After starting off the season he was shooting about forty from three. It is dipped tremendously since then, Ross I want to say he's thirteen for his last fifty, somewhere in that range from the outside. He hit the first shot of the game. It was a three pointer. I thought, okay, can this give him some confidence? And he had a couple of nice floaters after that, but he ended up one to five from three, and he picked up his fifth foul in the second half, and coach lou eventually he just tried to juice up the offense, bring in more guys who could do more on the offensive end because they were down double digits. So I think that's why Chris Dunn stayed out once he got his fifth foul in the game. Makes sense. Zubats got fifteen shots up nine to fifteen, missed a couple of easy ones. I wouldn't say it was a great game for him, but he was still good. He had a tremendous block on Jabari Smith Junior after a Houston Rockets offensive rebound. They had a few of those. Those second chance points were problematic for the Clippers. Again, the Houston Rockets in this game where they would win one seventeen to one oh six, they had twelve offensive rebounds at the Clippers seven. Now, they are the best team on the glass on the season when it comes to rebounding percentage, an offensive rebounding percentage. This is what they do. So when I hear people be like, how do we get beat up on the boards like this? They're the best. This is what they do. They had twenty one second chance points. They really converted those eight of thirteen and second chance points Clippers only had six on three of nine shooting on their second chance points with their seven offensive rebounds compared to Houston having twelve. Chris g said, hopefully that's something moving forward. Seeing but Toombs defense on Sheng Gun, Tooms defenses, I mean, it's not something I really ever worry about. Shen Gouon was completely kept in check. I mean he had nothing tonight, four of nine eleven points. He was almost invisible out there. I think he was getting a little bit flustered early on by the defense the Clippers were playing on him, and he kind of got out of his game. Plus Jalen Green was going and Men Thompson was going. The Clippers bench scoring much better in this game. They ended up with what is bench scoring? None of the box score come on now, thirty eight points off the bench compared to twenty one with the Houston Rockets courtesy of Jordan Miller with twelve bones, Highland with twenty two. Even Kai Jones got into that when he was in there. Well, we have a moment. Let's pause ten seconds for station identification here in Los Angeles, Clippers, are you a network at M five seventy LI Sports?
Speaker 3: This is LA Clippers Basketball AM five to seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven, KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Ross brings up a really good point. He said, Bones look good on both sides of the ball. The most engaged on defense I've seen him this year. Yeah, I'm telling you, when Bones gets real minutes and not just throwaway inconsequential garbage time minutes, he typically gives you a much better effort. Quentin Cornett said, Zubach which he spelled Zubach like he's a composer, looked gassed and had way too many turnovers. Talk about that, all right, let's talk about it. He had so many turnovers? Oh wait, he had zero turnovers tonight? Why do you want me to talk about that? Quentin Cornett, who's getting in the chat and saying, Adam, why don't you read my comment? Stay in time out? He had zero turnovers zero. If you guys want to Zoo hate on a night like this where Vitza Zubots had zero turnovers, I'm not here for it. The Clippers only had eight as a team. What are you talking about? Zoo had a good game. I don't think it was a great game. I think it could have been they got him involved a little bit more or stretchers where I think they should have force fed it to a Viata Zubots because Houston was actually playing him one on one tonight, and when shd Gun was on him or Steven Adams was on him, even Jabari spent Junior at times it was barbecue chicken Zubos was eating. I know quent Nett won't like being put in time out for being completely wrong about that, but we're a factor of Ben show and he had zero turnovers. Rock said light the game from Zoo, but it did feel like we were stuck in that ten point range. We were overwhelmed, but they weren't until the end of that second quarter, which was my point. They were right there end of the second quarter, that fifteen to six run the last three and a half minutes, I think that proved to be in early fatal flaw. Baby I mean said, we did a good job of taking care of the basketball, which is what I like. Cam says, still right in the middle of a tough Western Conference. Can't ask for more considering the circumstances, of course, fourteen to eleven. But they go to Denver on Friday. The two games they got scheduled after the playing tournament, which they didn't make it into the knockout round with are in Denver on Friday, and then Monday at home against Utah. So one on paper, really difficult game against a team they've beaten twice, but it's gonna be tough to beat them three times. And then an easier contest against the Utah Jazz as I see Norman Powell come out to greet some fans, which is pretty cool. Norm struggled tonight. Man. If their Clippers were gonna be able to win this game, they needed Norm to erupt at some point, and they just shut off the water with him again. Third game against Houston, they did a really good job against Norman Powell. The defense was tilted his way, a lot of attention going towards Norm. That's part of why beatsa Zubots was getting one on one coverage. That's why they probably should have gone him more. But Norm Powell five of eighteen seventeen points, one of eight from three. Some of that is just poor shooting luck going against them, but most of those threes were really well contested. Houston's great when it comes to perimeter defense. I mean said, we did a good job taking care of the basketball. That's why I like Daniel said Zoe was a top three post game right now. Clips need to use him more. Absence said Norm was shooting four coming into this game. He was due for a stinker in Houston. Guards him. Well, yeah, I don't think it was just he was due. I think it's more of a credit to the Houston Rockets and just how good they are on that end, honestly. Mark Jack said the end of the second quarter was when KPJ tried to go one on one versus Green. He took a couple of shots I didn't like there, but overall I think he was okay. It was an up and down game. It's what it always is with KPJ. He got a spinning layup in the second half on the right block that was tough. He had some really good shots. He took Dylan Brooks off the dribble. He was dancing on him, a little heasy move. The Jazz lost by forty four today, says Mark Jack, who the Clippers will get at home week from tomorrow. Mark Jack also said the end of the second quarter was when KPJ tried to go one on one with Green or I just read that Adam way to go. You deserve a time out yourself. Here we go five seconds. You know, here's the way to give myself a timeout. Ray Pomona, you're on Clippers Talk with Ray is gone. Sorry. Mike in La you're on Clippers stock with Auta Maslin. Mike, you got thirty seconds here? Mike, what's up?
Speaker 7: You know, can't be very upset about this game, other than like, you know, the you know, three minutes or whatever it was at the end of the second quarter. I mean, you know, it played really hard. I just I mean, you know, injuries, man, Yeah, injuries just can't do. I mean, I wonder at what point, I mean, I don't know if you know this, at what point they can get you know, like a just say, you know, just you know, some sort of exemption to sign another player. I mean, we just need people, We need bodies.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, Mike. I appreciate. I appreciate the phone call, my friend. It's tough to overcome that many injuries. And that's why I give the Clippers a lot of credit. They were there, they were in the game. They didn't quit because of it. They didn't let go of the rope because of it. They kept playing through it and different guys stepped up. And we're not even talking about injuries we knew going into the game. Injuries that happened in the game. That makes it that just compounds things and makes it even tougher. Let me see if we have some postgame audio for you. But first, Ray in silver Lake, Ray, what's up here on Clipperstock? Alan and silver Lake? Sorry?
Speaker 8: Alan, Hey, Adam, it's the kind of night where it seemed like Jordan Miller could have just really had like a special night and just didn't fite. I could have. He almost could have gone for thirty if it's just a slightly different game.
Speaker 6: And then Allan, you.
Speaker 1: Want to know, I think I completely agree with you, Alan. I was seeing the exact same thing with him out there in that first half and the ten points he had in the seven he had in the second quarter, but when he came back in the third quarter, they didn't go to him. He wasn't touching the basketball at all. I don't know if that's on his teammates or if he wasn't being assertive enough, but I completely agree with you.
Speaker 6: It always has this feeling with him like if he misses one shot then everybody gives up on him or something and he has to push himself and there's not a lot of support somehow on the floor for him.
Speaker 1: Sometimes maybe I'll tell you the one shot he did miss in the first half, that was the most impressive take of the season from Jordan Miller. He got bodied by Jabari Smith Junior and he rejected him. Jordan Miller got the basketball back and went at him again and got a lefty layup to go off the glass. That was incredible from Jordan Miller.
Speaker 9: He's like a soccer striker. He just knows how to go and score. And it's he's thrilling to watch, you know, and I look, I'm happy every time he's out there. The other thing I just wanted to say was, you know that Utah game is Kawhi bobblehead night.
Speaker 8: Is that an indication of something?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's an indication that it's the last home game before Christmas and it's a Clippers or Clippers Clips miss Clippers themed Christmas bobblehead for Kawhi, so they have to get it out there because it's Christmas themed. So it's not an indication that Kawhi is coming back on the sixteenth guys, just because his bibblehead is coming out. Then it's Christmas themed. It's the last home game they have before Christmas. Does that answer your question, Alan.
Speaker 6: I guess. I guess I'm not the only person to put forward this conspiracy theory, So thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've debunked it a few times. I appreciate the phone call though, Alan some great points about Jordan Miller. Age sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. Really liked this game from Jordan Miller and what Alan said there. I was feeling I thought he was gonna go for twenty tonight. When he started to get it going in that second quarter and then you hear Derek Jones Junior is out, I thought, this is it. He's gonna get twenty shots up, He's gonna get twenty plus points. I really thought this was gonna be Jordan Miller's night. Now, bones Hiland had a very good night, and I'm not saying the team was freezing him out or anything like that, but when he came back into the third quarter, he just kind of just kind of blended in or floated out there. He wasn't getting the basket at all, and I felt like with the Clippers offense struggling at times, Jordan Miller needed to be featured a little bit more. I know that's crazy to say, but they just didn't have enough guys that could create for themselves like Jordan Miller can't. So I guess I did mention Mobamba was out Mark Jag I mentioned it all night. It's been talked about. Kay Jones got minutes because of that, and I thought Kyle Jones was okay tonight. I did, you had a couple of buckets. He was a minus two in his eleven minutes. I don't think he was the reason the Clippers lost this game. The reason they lost this game. When everybody wants to just overreact and point the finger, you know, bothers me because it's so easy to do that, and it's just a simplistic way to analyze a game. And when you could, if you wanted to oversimplify things, you could just say, well, the Clippers were missing like five rotation guys, starters, their best player, James Harden. If you want to oversimplify it, just say that they had a talent disadvantage a huge one, so it was gonna be an uphill battle. It was, but they fought, but they lost late, one seventeen to one oh six. Well, take a quick time out. We'll come back live from Into a Dumb I'm Adam Mosland. After the Clippers dropped to fourteen and eleven on the season. We'll update you on the standings. We'll hear from coach lou coming up next. Right here on the M five seventy LA Sports, it's Clippers Talk.
Speaker 5: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball free ball, Yes, sir, Right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Final score. Houston Rockets won seventeen year Los Angeles Clippers one oh six. Here it into it home. I'm Adam Asland. Welcome back in I follow out of Maze where you can find me on x We're on the YouTube live side at Clippers Talk. Clippers lose by eleven to within eight. Things were interesting and they were making a push, but Jalen Green I think hit the eventual kill shot the nail and the coffin bucket. That was a three pointer to put them back out by eleven. Clippers lose by eleven, but they battled a Visa Zubats started getting more involved. Where from the let's see five minute mark of the fourth quarter to the three forty seven mark, Avista Zubats had six straight points for the Clippers, and between there Dylan Brooks hit a really big three pointer when it was a ten point lead, went away to ninety eight. Clippers kept coming though, they kept battling, they kept coming, they kept fighting, and that's all you can ask. Just play hard no matter who's available, and there were a lot of guys who were unavailable. Unfortunately. Let's check out what the chat is saying. Alfie says, the confidence Miller shoots the three with is what we want team Man to do, not that whole pump fake. Jordan Miller is certainly confident. Christian said, this kind of game that was waiting for all season. This is that kind of game Bones played, Miller played, Kai Jones played versus a great rocket team. I don't know if it's what I was waiting for a bunch of guys to be injured so all those guys could play. It's not exactly what I was waiting for. Chris g said, let's see Quentin Cornett said, I watched him very carefully the entire game. I'm not hating on Naimo, a Clippers fan. Quentin said earlier that it beats the Zobots had a bunch of turnovers. Turns out it beats the Zubots had zero turnovers. That's why you can't trust people's eye tests. Uh Rock said, I think Miller played within the pecking order, and that's why he only finished with twelve shots, considering the injuries forced us to play more shot makers in Kevin Porter, Junior, Bones, Highland Powell Miller than add Zoo. I agree he did, but the problem was like they needed, they needed someone that could create for themselves, and Jordan Miller can do that. What he has in his game is what they were deficient of. So that's why I was a little bit surprised out of a timeout. They eventually did make a concerted effort to get him the basketball. I think when they realized, oh, he hasn't touched the ball in like five minutes out there when he came in, I don't know, midway through the third quarter, and I think he got a bucket right away. It just took far too long for that realization to take place, maybe because young player, uh new player, but he had a layup early in the fourth quarter when the Clippers were trying to get back into it. They were down twelve heading into the fourth. It was ninety five to eighty three. After Amin Thompson hit another really critical timely bucket. He had a lot of those against the Clippers. But then to start at the fourth KPJ had that Buckert bucket on Shepherd, Miller missed a layup Holiday, Aaron Holiday threes my goodness, he hit a ton of timely threes as well against the Clippers. Guys. Aaron Holiday off the bench, went three of six from three and they were all really big shots, backbreaking type of shots because the Clippers were trying to make a run. Early in that fourth quarter. He hits a three. Miller then gets that layup I was talking about to make it one oh one to ninety early fourth quarter. Holiday another three, I mean, fourteen point lead for Houston. Bones hits a three on Shepherd, says he was too small guarding him. It's one o four to ninety three. Clippers get a stop. Bones would miss the next time against Shepard down This was a team that was battling. That showed who they are out there. At least we talked about a post game, but their identity remained intact. They're gonna play hard. They didn't have the eyes, they didn't have the horses, they didn't have You know, they might've been out talented, but I wouldn't say they were out work tonight. We'll take you a quick time out. We'll come back, we'll close things out. Clippers lose to the Houston Rockets. Here it into a dome, one seventeen to one oh six. Coloppers don't play again till Friday in Denver. Still looking for post game UO quotes from the head coach. I'm at a Maslim. This is clipperstock on five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 3: You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball free ball, Yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Clippers lose the Houston Rockets, second trade loss. Here it into a dome. This time they fall one seventeen to one oh six. Welcome back in. I'm out of mazlin. Let's not make a trend of this Clipper nation. They had lost nine straight. Here into a Dome. Now they've lost two straight. It's just their second game since Wednesday, and that twenty eight point loss two that would be the Minnesota Timberwolves. Because it was so long ago, I had trouble pulling up my memory my memory bank there and remembering who it was. There are people in here who are trying to blame a Viatza zoobots for everything, like actually making up stats like he had a bunch of turnovers tonight when he didn't. They're saying it's his fault that the Houston Rockets are a great offensive rebounding team when they're the best offensive rebounding team in the league, and people just want to oversimplify, like Quentin and say this is the reason they lost. It's Visa Zubas's fault. He had all those turnovers. You look at the box score, he had zero. Well what about the offensive rebounds he gave up? That's all on him. Houston had twelve, the Clippers had seven. Offensive rebounds. It's like, well, some of those were long boards off of miss three pointers. Some of those were and Vitza Zubats wasn't even out there on the court. Yet you want to blame a Viatza Zubats for the Houston Rockets and getting offensive rebounds, which is what they do. They're the best offensive rebounding team in the league. Make it make sense, my guy, or don't because you can't. Mark Jackson Jalen Green going for thirty one might be the most points they've given up to a single player. The defense has been that good this season. No, because they gave up forty two Nikola Jokic in a loss for the Denver Nuggets. I think he had forty one that first game in Denver. Clippers will be in Denver on Friday six. Abs said, Houston crashes his boards hard and a little bit of luck. No, Quentin, you just want to put it on one guy and a Vitza Zubas, as Quentin says, Adam refuses to hold Big Zoo accountable. I get it at him. A Vitza Zubas had let's see here, twenty one to twelve and three offensive rebounds. I'm not going to hold him accountable for offensive rebounds the Houston Rockets got when a Vitza Zubas was not even on the court, or like you could go back and actually watch the film and see if he was in the vicinity or should have gotten to some of those boards. It's just it's so frustrating with some people, mostly those that i'd call basketball casuals. But I'm not saying that about Quentin. Like there are excuses and there are explanations for things, there's a difference. Some cannot see the nuance. They just want to reduce everything to I don't like this player, so I'm going to blame him when things go wrong. I don't like to play that game. Guys. I think the Clippers played with great effort and spirit out there tonight. They came up short as they were shorthanded. They lose this one to the Houston Rockets, one seventeen to one oh six, leaving you until Friday. Not only the Clippers talk YouTube side, of course, we do shows every day, but our next Clippers broadcast on the radio side on AM five seventy LA Sports, the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network. That will be Friday, Clippers in Denver taking on the Nuggets. Tip off is that we'll have your pregame show starting at five outside of Los Angeles. We were leaving you until then, but I do want to thank before we get out of here, Clippers Organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seaman, Noah Ego, Carla Jimenez on the call, Uh what else we got here? People with Jake Warner our right engineer, Katie Newton, our producer back in the bank. Appreciate you, Katie. Until Friday, I'm Adam Moslin, Clippers in Denver. We'll talk to you then.
Speaker 3: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long, after every game.
Speaker 5: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 3: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 2: Clippers Talk Maybe