Speaker 1: Tech Texan is Michael Garfer.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 3: Michael Garfield's joining US.
Speaker 2: And the high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 4: It was to make life easier.
Speaker 3: Some new technology, and Michael Garfield has something you might want.
Speaker 1: Texas.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texan. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio act. Now your high Tech Texan Michael Garfield.
Speaker 3: For twenty three years, this radio show has solely been broadcasted in Southeast Texas, Houston, Galveston, Beaumont, and all that stuff on KPRC nine Am, which, by the way, if you're listening anywhere in the world, it's the oldest talk radio station in this great state of Texas. In fact, this is the longest running local show in the one hundred and one year history of that station, kpe PRC. Now, yes, it's also heard through the iHeartRadio app across the country, also podcasted wherever great podcast or heard. Three weeks ago, this show expanded finally to San Antonio and we have been pumped shout out to WOAI twelve hundred to blow Torch down there in Central Texas, South San Antonio. Love you. People already been coming in strong, phone calls, emails. Heck, I've even been invited to do the show from the river Walk, and we need to coordinate that people mad I love going to that Riverwalk, needs restaurants, suggestion to everything. But starting this week, there's bigger news. Are you kidding me? Bigger news? You see? I had a goal all those years ago, twenty three plus years ago, to spread my content to as many people who could listen. And that's why I coined and trademark the term high tech Texan instead of the high tech Ustonian where I currently live, and as of this weekend, this show is truly Texan, just like me.
Speaker 5: Hello Dallas and kfx R eleven ninety all you listeners in Big D, we welcome you to the high Tech Texan family.
Speaker 3: If you're a longtime listener, either in Southeast Texas or online via the iHeartRadio app, you know how big this one is for me because Big D is not just another city. Big D. Dallas is my hometown. Dallas is where I was raised. Dallas is where a lot of my family still lives, including my parents, Larry and Susan Garfield, what's up? Who begged me, by the way decades ago to study you become a doctor? Oh, you shouldn't get in the media. You need to be a doctor, maybe a lawyer or something like that. Guess what They finally get to listen to their kid over the local airwaves, And all I can say is, you know, you were actually right. I probably should have become a doctor, maybe even a lawyer, anything else but a media personality. Neither here, neither there. I am in Dallas, I am in San Antonio, and I am in Houston, three of the most populous US cities, the three largest cities in the state of Texas. I couldn't be happier. Okay, let me explain. If you're new to this show, all right, you San Antonio, you're probably new three weeks in Dallas. You may have hurt me on iHeartRadio because I got so many friends, so many childhood friends, high school of friends and everything. We'll talk about that. If you've never heard this, wait before you flip to another station. Okay, we know who you are. We're iHeartRadio people. We know you're flipping. Okay, give this show a listen, Give it a few weeks. I've been doing this show for an entire generation twenty three years. Okay, from the name of the show, you may be expecting to call in and have me help fix the motherboard on your computer. Well, if so, guess what you're listening to the wrong show. You might as well find a nice, blond, knowledgeable female who's been doing tech specific radio shows for about as long as I have. Nope, See, this show is fun. This show is fast, personable, it's hip, it's hot, it's happening, as my grown kids say, speaking of which, you're actually gonna find out that I am a grown kid, a kid who enjoys what he does for a living. I'm a kid who gets to play with most any gadget, any car, any piece of food you want me to try before you buy it. I am your guy. But know this, I am not afraid to hold back. If I don't like something, if I think it's cheesy, could break easily, too expensive, I'm gonna tell you to walk away, run away. It's as simple as that. This show is not about computers. Well, I guess actually can be if you want my vice, I'm buying laptops or desktops, but It's also about cars and trucks. I test drive over sixty vehicles a year. I can help you decide which ones to look at, which ones to stay away from. It's about most anything that consumers want. Anything you like, peanut butter. I'll tell you what I think is the best one on the market. Cell phones, streaming services, bourbon, places to travel, what to Where I got All that? That, my friends, is what this show is all about. So buckle up and as I say, let's row make some sex a radio On top of that, you could be a part of this show. I'm gonna give you a phone number right now. I want you to lock it. I want you to load it. Love to hear from you. If it's a busy number. If it keeps on ringing, maybe a voicemail will pick up. Leave me a voicemail, ask me a question. Okay, if you do leave a voicemail, we do have your permission to put it on the radio, either today, next week, or whenever. Here's the number, three four six twenty nine Texan. I mean, come on, really, you can't beat that three four six two nine tex A. N All right, go check that out. Now, what are we gonna do? To today. Well, we're gonna talk about last minute gifts that you can send immediately. That's right, we're in the midst of the final like, say, what two weeks or so before the holiday season, Christmas is coming hanakah starts on the same evening as that. Whatever you're gift giving maybe has a lot of birthday. By the way, man, if you got a birthday near Christmas, riven honekah, that it just sucks for you, doesn't it. I'd you know, let's start first question for you to call in, see if you can get in if you've got a birthday within a few days, let's just say Christmas, all right, do you get the oh, by the way, where to give you two for one? Do you celebrate it together? God forbid? You actually have your birthday on Decebary twenty fifth, twenty fifth, which actually could Is it a great thing? Is it not such a great thing? I wouldn't think it's such a great thing because it's some Listen, kids are out I always thought about this way. Kids are out of school. So knowing not a lot of people, not a lot of your buddies are either a gonna know what your birthday b they can't celebrate with you. You know, they can't bring cupcakes at school? Are you even go to bring cupcakes? It's going anymore with all these diseases. Who even knows? Three four six twenty nine Texan. All right, if you celebrate a birthday, if someone you know it celebrates a birthday, do you just give them one big gift or do you go separate? That's the stuff I want to But anyway, it is last minute. Some of the things that you may not be thinking of. I'm gonna give you some ideas of what you can do to send this immediately, because you do have to be wary the post Office, the FedEx, the ups, the Amazons, they may be a little slow right now on delivering things. Also, I got a list tech flops of the year. What are some of the flops of the year. Actually didn't even have to be tech. It could be in sports. And I'm looking at my Dallas Cowboys right now. Listen, Hey, Dallas, don't you rag me the fact that I'm actually living in Houston. I am a Dallas boy, and I am not afraid to hide it as I'm living here in Houston. Man, I'm a Cowboys guy and I'm a Longhorns guy. But whoo, I'll tell you a flop of the year. I don't know. Is Mike McCarthy is the flop of the decade? Is it Jerre? I don't know. We will find out also into the year top list. Whatever you want. Hit me up all on social media. Actually, I will tell you where to find me on social media after this first break, but we could not be happy to be here with you for the next two hours. Hello h Town, Hello Dallas, Hello San Antonio, Hello freaking Texas. Because I am Michael Garfield. I am back home in Big D with the high tech text and show Don't Go in the World. That is the number, the new number of the new show. If you're listening up in the Dallas Fort Worth area, welcome, what is going on? My good friends KFX are eleven ninety am North Dallas, maybe near my parents. You know my parents I live up. I'm I'm from Dallas, raised in Dallas. Big D is in my heart. Cowboys, lifelong fan, went to school WT White, Big shout out to WT White. Matter of fact, a lot of my college buddies, my high school buddies, are listening right now. They're sending me some emails. Let me tell you how to get in on this interactive show stand by it's called the High Tech Texan Show. I talked a little about technology. I recommend I'm not going to tell you how to fix maybe almost anything. I'm gonna tell you what to buy and what not. The buye yes with gadgets. That's what I did, started out twenty plus years ago. But now I review cars and I'll give you some of the what's Michael driving this week and what to stay away from and also a lot of other good stuff. We're gonna lap about today. Last minute gift ideas for the holiday season that you can get like immediately, like you don't even you can go online. You can buy these things and have them email directly to your friends, your family, your loved ones. Before that, I just gave you the Actually, no, it's do a little Instagram, Let's do a little Facebook, Let's do a little X, let's do a little Blue sky let's and whatever out there. I generally keep it to high Tech Texan hi gh teh T e x A. You have to spell the whole thing out high tech Texan. Don't give you the hi Tech Texan now it's high high Tech Texan, high Tech Texan dot com big on Instagram. Just over fifty thousand people now listen, So a fifty thousand follow on Instagram. Okay, now we just open it up to Dallas. What is that the top six the sixth most populous city in the country, in the country. Okay, If I don't have four hundred and fifty thousand followers by the end of the show, something's wrong. Follow me people, funny stuff. Every time I test a product, drive a car, I know I certainly will put on Instagram. If you go to X you will or blue Sky or Twitter or what not? Twitter. Sorry about that. Threads, you're gonna get a little mic takes mostly on sports. I'm a sports nut. You know I'm gonna make some sports in How about the Texas Longhorns. I was at the game and Atlanta. I did go to the SEC Championship last week. It didn't come out the way we wanted. But you know, at the end of the day, I think I think Sark may have been playing chess in three D or four D. Maybe he just said, you know what, we've got our If we don't win, just let Georgia take the Crown. We'll have a relatively easy path to the Natty. We'll be back in the same building on January twentieth and so maybe so anyway, massive Longhorn fan, I'm still a Cowboy fan. People. I've lived through five Super Bowl wins and I've got all five Super Bowl Repic Gold rings. But it's the one of the flops this year. And I will be talking later the show about some flops, tech flops, car flops, sports flops, people flops. Maybe a win or two. We're winning. Where now you were in Houston, we're in San Antonio, and now we're in Dallas. Before that, I gave you the phone number. It's three four six twenty nine Texan. Why don't we, as we say in the business, go to the phones. This is Mike. How are you. It's Michael Garfield. Welcome to the High Tech Texan Show. What is going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just talked to you on iHeartRadio. I've been San Antonio. You definitely need to come over here and do some shows from our great city. And we've got best food south side of San Antonio.
Speaker 3: Mike, san Antonio first Color today. Oh good, this is this is one of the things there we have some fun with So Mike, Thank Mike, thank you so much for the call. Mike invites me to San Antonio. Does he can someone find out? Does does he work for the CVV Convention of Visitors Bureau? I mean, does he have au thorough tie to actually invite me to do my radio show from San Antonio on the Riverwalk anywhere?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: He wants to talk about the food. They've got some good food over there. Let's open. Hey, san Antonio versus Dallas versus Houston. Who's got the best food, Who's got the best food? Here's what I want. I want somebody. I want people to call in, but don't nominate your city. Hey, Austin, I know if you're listening on iHeart Radio, because I know we're not terrestrially at Austin yet Rio Grand Valley. I don't you know what this show has also heard iHeart Radio. It's on the app. You could download the app, look for Michael Garfield, look for the high tech text, and you can listen pretty much anywhere around the world except China. I think China blocks it. I'm not sure. Call in if you've been to Texas, where is the best food Mike says, they got some of the best food anywhere. I like San Antonio. San Antonio and Austin they have like a Taco war, and then Austin and then kind of Houston. Certainly Lockhart's in there when it comes to barbecue two. I like me some food, and I get to go to restaurant openings and I have restaurant tours and chefs on the show. So it's going to be fun. We have a big party over here San Antonio, Dallas, and again I'm a little Dallas centric today because first time we want to make sure they're happy and welcome if they're listening on eleven ninety am KFX are part of our Heart Radio family. Best restaurants in Dallas. Now, I'm from Dallas. My parents live in Dallas. Some of my best friends, my childhood friends, grew up in North Dallas. Went to W. T. White High School. By the way, I already got an email over here Chris Domhoff. Hello, haff I went to high school W T. White with domb Hoff. He is listening, GARF. Been listening to you here on iHeartRadio probably for about fifty years. Great growing up with you. I never thought you'd mount to anything. But it's pretty cool listening to you over the year on eleven ninety. I guess that's a compliment. Guess that's a compliment just because you're retired, bro and you hit it big with ignite. I mean, come on, uh, three four six twenty nine Texan. You can call into three four six two nine t e x A N Restaurants in Dallas. Don't laugh. I am not a pretentious guy. I don't eat, believe it. I don't eat a lot to eat. I don't eat a lot of red and meat. I'll eat barbecue here and there. I rarely have a steak, and I really have a hamburger, all right. So when I come in and if I have two steaks a year, I'm lying, okay, two two steaks year. One of them is it Nick and SAMs. This is an unsolicited big Nick and Sam fans. The reason why I love Nick and Sam's cool meat area right off the edge of downtown. They got a freak cavia. Actually, before I go the dead, do they still have the free caviar bar. I was just amazed first time I went in there, because I like caviar, and I'm waiting in line with the bar with my boys, and all of a sudden people are going on with their little dishes and they're snacking on something, and that's like, what are you eating? It's a caviar caviar. Where'd you order that? Oh? No, it's a free caviar bar. I don't know if they still have it. Somebody called three four six two nine Texa. Does Nick and SAMs still have a free caviar bar? Because let me help you out. I made me need to do my show not only from Dallas, but from the caviar bar at Nick and SAMs. It's it's a great place. Don't sleep on this because we don't have any of these in Houston. I say we because I live in Houston area now. There are no Taco Buenos. It's Houston now. I grew up. When I was in Dallas, I lived on Taco Boyo. I have never walked into a Taco bell, but Taco Boino is the boin man. I am a Buino head. I actually used to work for there for one week in high school. I won't even get into the story about that. Love me, just give me a freaking bean burrito. Okay, don't eat a lot of them. Just a little bit more fattening than that I need right now in my older age. Love me san buena three four six two nine, text and you tell me what some of your favorite food is. Should we actually get start into the show. See this is the show, this is the fun show. But we want you to be a part of this thing. Care I did promise this last minute gifts that you can send immediately. How can you send a gift Michael, I mean it's it auto a wrap. No, if you think about it, think of a gift card. Okay. Now, generally, when you get a gift card, you go to a store and you buy a gift card. Oh, give me thirty five, give me fifty dollars, give me one hundred dollars, me a thousand dollars. Go to Walmart, go to Target, whatever. You know, if you really wanted an apple, you go to the Apple store type of thing. It's not breaking news that you can go online and buy a gift card for yourself, or you can gift a gift card. So much so, go to one of your favorite stores and it doesn't even have to be a brick and mortar store. Go to an online store and go purchase a gift card, put the email of the person you want to send it to and snap like that. They're gonna get an email and they're gonna say, oh that and just put a little note in there, I mom my, dad, and I got you a little gift card. That's cool. That's the media. But there are other things too. Tons. How about subscriptions. How about as my good friend cousin Eddie likes to say, it's the gift that keeps on given year round, clark that it is, ed word that it is. How About a Jelly of the month club? How about a craft beer club? How about a coffee club. There are clubs that you can get something on a monthly basis and you can start it right online. They'll immediately send an email to your gift recipient congratulations. For the next twelve months, You're gonna get a new beer to try, You're gonna get a new type of coffee to grind. You're gonna get a new book to read. You're gonna get a new dessert that that's coming. You know what. Yes, you two can get a Jelly of the month. So that's something that you can do. Also, one more before we take a break, really easy. I talk a lot about streaming because streaming is a massive technology that's relatively new, But streaming nowadays is almost it's like we're going back to cable because there's so many things that are bundled together. Oh, if you get Disney even once you get Disney Plus and Hulu together, I mean, just bundle these things and call it cable. I will tell you this. You need to start unbundling. You need to start killing some of your streaming services, because odds are you probably have too many streaming services and you're probably paying almost as if not more than your role cable subscription. Do you really need Netflix and Disney Plus and Hulu and Apple to TV and blah blah blah bah. Yeah, the thing is where I'm getting over here. Always go check, probably every six months, what do you want? And if you don't watch it, if your kids don't watch it, ask yourself, what am I doing still paying nine ninety nine nineteen ninety nine a month of the thing. But when it comes to streaming and inner, maybe your parents, maybe your neighbor, maybe your kids who had just moved out, Maybe they don't have a streaming services service. Maybe you want to get one of those. I'm not gonna give you which one. I don't care what you get. Get Amazon, get Prime Video, get Netflix, get Disney Plus. But it's easy to sign up nowadays, or probably have some specials on sale. I just saw it went off off sale. Hulu had a ninety nine cent per month subscription for one year. I think the deadline passed. I think it was early December on that one. But take a look out there. Those subscriptions may be simple, but tell you what in a snap, can't think of anything to do. Give them some sort of a streaming, maybe some entertainment, maybe an audible account or book. But just remember iHeartRadio absolutely free. You can listen to anything on iheard from all over the country, all eight hundred plus of our radio stations, including me, no matter where we are, where where you are? All right, break time, Bottom of the year. How about a little tech flops? How about some flops of the year three four, six, twenty nine Texan? All right, you can't say the Cowboys. We know they're the flop of the year. All right, when it comes when it comes to our expectations of what the cowboys should have been, I'm a cowboy. Event let me help you out. I am not a cowboy hater. Nope. I got my opposite at home. I got decorated burn orange and I got the blue and silver people. No, I'm a cowboy lover and I'm not too happy with my boys this year. By the way, Jarak three four six, twenty nine text and I'd love to give you some advice here on the High Tech Texans Show show. Michael is my name. If we're tight, you can call me Garth. We want to welcome our newest I guess we'll say, ohfiliate where we're heard. For twenty three plus years, we've been in Houston on the big talk radio station KPRC nine to fifty. Just a few weeks ago we expanded to San Antonio on WOAI, which is kind of a news talk station twelve hundred and now just this week the very first time herd Saturday and Sunday. By the way, check your KFXR eleven ninety website. It's called the High Tech Texans Show up in the Dallas area, my hometown. Actually, what the iHeart the iHeart studio is? What is it just just near the isn't it crossing the galleria? Real close? To the Galleria. It's the Dallas Toway and just north of LBJ, not far from where my parents still live, from the same house that I grew up in, from the same room that they still have it. Well, actually they did kind of redecorated. Am I same high school, which, by the way, w T. White Longhorns. If anybody really needs some trivia, I have been a I was an Orange and White Longhorn for eight consecutive years. No, I was not held back in high school. No, I actually did finish college in four years. It was four years of the w T. White Longhorns and four years of the Texas Longhorns. That that is Burton Horns. Some of my high school buds tuned in. Shout out to Mike Hurst. What's up, Mike? Oh, I'm sorry. Michael K. Hurst lawyer esquire used to be president of the Dallas Bar Association, one of my best friends growing up. So he's sending some text right now, Garth, you're selling a good really.
Speaker 7: Oh, we can tell maybe over the year, maybe over the weeks. Now we're gonna tell some high school stories. It's amazing, it's amazing. I actually am doing what I'm doing well.
Speaker 3: All my friends are either A most many of them are retired right now. They're lawyers who got ranches and second or third homes and ski lodges. Nope, not me here. I am working on the weekends. Not a big deal. Phone number three four six two nine t e x A N. If we don't pick up the phone, feel free to leave a voicemail question. If you need some last minute shopping advice, it doesn't even matter almost what it is you need. Bourbon, by the way, I'm a big brownwater guy, big brownwater guy, collect bourbon. I give me a price point, I'm gonna tell you a good one. Naturally, you know what. As much as a Texan as I am, I'm not a big Texas bourbon fan. I still got to lean on a little Kentucky over there, but I got a ton of that stuff. I actually do test drive cars. I remember the Texas Auto Writers Association as we get to know each other, which means for fifteen sixteen years, I work and meet and talk to the manufacturers. I don't deal with dealerships, just no dealerships. These are directly for the manufacturers. That is not paid. I don't endorse them. So we test drive these things, and every week, every single week, for fifteen years, I have received a test card from one week. I have driven over seven hundred eight one hundred different vehicles over the past ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fifteen years. It is up to me. It is my content and is my mind. I can rag on them, and I could. I can just tell you how disgusting this is and how bad this is. I can tell you how great they are. This is unpaid. And that's what you're gonna get with me. You're gonna get the truth. Baby. You can't handle the truth because I speak the truth. That's exactly right. This past week I was driving in a writing Yeah, I was driving. I was a Dodge Durango RT Dodge Durango. Okay, I do evs. This let me help you out. This is about as further away from an R from an EV and electric vehicle as you can get. This is a Dodge Durango massive HEMI six point three leader. I mean you can hear when I start the car up, I wake three or four of my neighbors up. I mean, this thing rumbles. This is a gas guzzling machine. Specifically, this is the RT model R slash T stands for road track. It's pretty much. It comes with its special RT badging and has an upgraded suspension, upgraded tires and brakes, and generally more powerful engine. And so between now and the end of the show, I'll give you a little bit more play by a play, But they start around at the bare bones level. You're gonna get about fifty two fifty three thousand dollars just to start before you continue to go up. But the thing is, though there's no one answer. I'll get a question. Hey, Garth, which by the way, is my nickname, not g A R T H. Not Garth like Wayne and gar No, no Garth like the first four letters of Garfield. So if you want to get tight with me, spell it right, Garth. They say, Garf, what's the best vehicle to get? What's the best car? What's the best truck I should get? And that's an open ended question because I generally answer questions with a question, and that means I have to ask you, well, what are you looking for? Are you a truck? Do you want a truck? Do you want a sports card? You want a two seater? Do you want something? Because you're getting ready to have a baby, and you need something that is safe, but also it's got a big backseat that's easy to put a car seat into. Do you want an electric vehicle? I mean, so I answer questions at that point, I narrow it down. So if you want to help me narrow things down, I'm looking for this. I'm looking for this. Fine. I have a podcast. Well, this show is podcasted, so if Casha is it, you can hear the dulcet tones of my voice over and over whenever, whenever you want to. You can got iHeartRadio. Let's just look up high Tech textan Michael Garfield and you'll hear it. But also there's another podcast I do specifically about cars and trucks, and I've done this for years, and so I did. There's just a number of them, and they're they're really they're they're they're relatively short. Nothing's longer than ten minutes, somewhere between six to ten minutes. It's pretty much what's Michael driving this week? I will tell you that, Hey, this is good, But however, you may want to watch the gas mileage or you know what. The back seat is so small you're not gonna fit any you know, adult sized people in there, or if you want to schlep something in the back of this truck bed. This only comes in a crew cabum and you're not gonna get a longer, you know, six foot bed or something. Go check that out and you can look for high Tech Texan. That also is on iHeart, Spotify, Apple and wherever the great podcast or then. So I know that's some of the things that we have going on. Phone number here is I look at some of them ring and we'll get to you if not. If you don't. If you don't get to you, just go ahead and leave a message and we'll play it here shortly or maybe next week. Three four six twenty nine Texan three four six two nine Texan talked about I saw an article that started listing some of the tech flops of the year. What were some of the flops as we get to the end of twenty twenty four, I think across the board it seems to be And this was the first one that came to mind. It was those Apple Vision pro goggles that Apple released. When was that it was around summer maybe maybe springtime or so. And these are these ar VR goggles that are heavy, looks like a helmet and you put it on, and they did. They were they were incredibly pricey. What they were these like eighteen hundred, two thousand and three thousand dollars. I did not have one. I didn't even test one because they just they weren't selling. And it's not that they were. I mean it was a flop. But here's the thing. As interesting as the technology is in goggles like that, I just don't think the mass consumer audience is ready for that stuff. And a lot of and you know, one of this, I think this was the one that the vision pro They wanted you to wear it outside because you can kind of see through it, but they still needed some a power you know, you had to wear a battery packing thing. I mean it was like you're you know, you're walking around like you're connected to like life support or something. It just it wasn't there. I mean, I do play with AR and VR glasses and actually I got a pair from Meta I'm playing with that actually reminds me I got to send them back to for the test review unit. But I'm playing with fun some the Meta and it's neat, but the best way for me and my suggesting to experience them is sit down in a in a in a chair with wheel it's like a rolling chair, like a desk chair. Okay, you're at your desk, and you know a desk chair generally has wheels. You can kind of wheel yourself around. Sit down, and you know what, maybe you want to take a belt and strap yourself in like it's a ten thousand dollars pyramid final question or something, because you don't want to fallow because these things the spatial you know sense that you're getting. It's crazy awesome, it's real, but you can lose your balance. So sit down number one. Okay, And if you're in a wheelie thing, and I tell you why, in your wheeling thing because as you turn your head left, you're gonna these goggles makes it look like and feel like you're actually in this room or in space or wherever you you are. So if you turn left, but anyway, take your feet and start turning your chair just in a circle. Just just make a circle, go left and right as you look up, as you look down. I was playing with a it was something in these metaglasses Meta, which is the owner of Facebook and Instagram, but you know the Zuckerberg's company. This is not an endorsement. This is just the ones I'm playing with right now. But it was a movie about a space shuttle and they took this three hundred and sixty degree high definition camera in the actually was the ISS, it was the International Space Station, and they talked to and they showed the I think there was two sometimes three depending on when they were shooting this inhabitants of the space station and how weightless it is. But it's unbelievable because you actually feel like you're weightless yourself and you're looking and you're looking up, and you can move your head up, and you can move your head down, and then you wheel you're not just turn your feet around and now you're looking behind it. It's three hundred and sixty degrees. That is cool, but it's not for everybody going back, What were the flops of the year. I want to open the phone lines and feel free to hit me up on X Blue Sky, Instagram, find me high Tech textan h I G h T E C h T E x A N. There's a number of things that are out there, all these artificial intelligent hens, the humane AI pen, there's the rabbit r one. A lot of people are saying the iPhone sixteen series it was actually a flop. I don't know about that. I think Apple expected to sell more of those. But you tell me some of the flops of the year. All right, tex the Cowboys are off limits. We already know they're a flop. I say this as a Cowboys massive fan. I know you're disappointed, just as I up in Big D three four six twenty nine text in it is the high Tech Texting Show. Michael Gart people, we're gonna come us.
Speaker 4: One more time.
Speaker 5: We have changed it.
Speaker 3: He was down to twenty three years due came to phone number plays. So he'd been doing the High Tech Texan Show twenty three years. And we do so much more than technology. It is three four six twenty nine Texan and three four six two nine t e x A n already heard from Mike and san Antonio inviting me to do the show from the river walk ere. He says, san Antonio has got great food. We know that san Antonio's got some. Really, I had some. I need a fit I had I love Caeso. There's a Caeso Flemiado, There's a there's a Mexican tex mex restaurant in the Pearl. I've been going to San Antonia. I've never lived in Santoina. I've been going there so much since I was a kid. My parents used to take me. Remember the Jack's Brewery or Pearl, but no, it was Pearl Brewery, right, And they had They used to have those big beer storage containers, I mean massive, but they were there. They look like mountains and they were painted like pearl cans. Cans. We used to take a tour and they used to give out samples of beer to adults, but we used got that. I was a kid, I got root beer samples that Pearl's. Now what it's like this there's an outdoor shopping area, there's apartments, there's something man, there's somebody helped me out of there's a tex Mex restaurant and have the Casa Flemiado is just stupid awesome. It is just good. Garf is the nickname Michael Garfield, the high tech text and show. We're gonna play a little game there. We're gonna play an over undergame. So one of the things that one of the many things that I do, I let you know about what's going on in the world. For consumers, if there's a data breach, if there's a recall, if there's something Sometimes there's a class action suit and maybe you can get in on it because something happened to a product. I don't know what it was. It was an earlier this year, last year that there was a data breach on Equifax. There was the Equifax data breach, and they had their information and for some reason, if your data was compromised, if you actually can get in on this consumer restitution fund, which is gonna be distributed to settlement class members with valid claims. And I gave you a website. It didn't it ended months ago, right Anyway, We're gonna play a little game right now. I got an email earlier this week Tuesday, Dear Michael Garfield. The Equifax data breach Settlement Agreement says any remaining funds in the Consumer Restitution Fund will be distributed to settlement class members with valid claims. You have a valid claim and are eligible for additional payment. It will be sent to you by electronic prepaid card. Oh, I'm so excited. It's coming the week of December sixteenth. So next week I'm gonna I'm gonna get this pay out over under people, all right, three four, six, twenty nine, text or hit me up find me on X Blue Sky High Tech. Textit over under. How much do you think I am going to get a prepaid card for as part of the remaining funds in the Consumer Restitution Fund for the Equifax data breaching settlement? I am going over under a dollar forty two? Anyone, anyone over under? Take a best guess, and you know what, we could play prices. Right if anybody emails me or post it on X to say, garfear's my guests Equifax data breach, you're gonna get X the person who comes the closest without going over the amount I get, I will give you that amount, all right, unless it's a really very high amount, I'm not going to give it to you. And I say this, it's because I love the way they were were this. I mean it was it was millions, and it could have been tens of millions, and it could have been one hundreds of millions dollars that all the people would get distributed to, right, because so many people their data was compromised. And you've seen how this stuff is. Right, But it says any remaining funds well, you got to take out your lawyer fees. And this is where as I started my show, where my mom and my parents in Dallas, they say, you know what, you should have been a lawyer. You should have been a doctor. I probably should have like all my Mike held another one of my wty classmates. He just came in, powerful lawyer, told you, Mike cursed lawyer, Andy Whittaker. Lawyers. All buddies of mine in Big d right now, they're they're sending me their wishes and love because we just started in Dallas and k FXR eleven ninety. I do appreciate all my igh school people. Listen from W. T. White, what is it dollar forty two? I say this, it's because I get a check once a year. I don't think it's twice year because I haven't seen one in a while. I may get a check once a year. From my appearance on General Hospital. Yes, that's right. Your boy just doesn't do radio. Slapped the little makeup, little lipstick on a pig, and he's presentable here and there. I did a stint like a three three episode arc on General Hospital in twenty eleven. So this is thirteen years ago, right, And I get a check. I'm not a SAG member. I don't have a screen actor's go card, but I think it comes from ABC because General Hospital still I think it's the last remaining or one of the last two remaining soap opera still on. And I get a check, and I'm not kidding you, man it it gets its ABC Network, ABC Studios and it's a check and you open up. I kid you not. If this thing is two dollars and eighteen cents, I'm lying just sitting fair man, stuff fair and you know what you end up doing. You don't cash the thing because you just want to frame is like, oh yeah, I remember I was on TV. I was a general hospital back of the day. Now I'm gonna frame this two dollars an eighteen cent thing. Oh my goodness. Uh okay. The Equifact Data breach settlement. If anybody else is it, got theirs, even though I think they're gonna be distributed next week. Good for you. I don't know if we get the same amount or anything, but anyway, these are the when there are situations like this, if there's a breach, if there's a settlement, like you know, Apple says this cord you know, burned down and they're having a They've donated tens of millions of dollars to this pool, and everybody who legally can claim that they bought one of these things, I will give you the instructions of how to actually submit your claim textually make money over there, So Equifax, it's the the over undergame three four six two nine text in you could find me. Also, I do have a website too, which is high tech texting dot com. Shockingly h I G H T E C h T E x A N. Actually it's a big I'm gonna end this the first time on a very big note. Okay, there's not a lot of good news is that's happening in the world right now? There really is not. There's not a lot of good news that's happening in the media world right now. Okay, you got companies now merging, you got companies laying off. You got this whatever it is, and call it lucky. No, it's not luck, because I always say this, I don't think there's such thing really as luck, because you make your own buck. And this is words I live by. Here's my sales motivational speech for anybody who wants me to come in and speak to your group because they do a lot of speaking around the country. You make your own buck and so much. Someone is thinking about this, how about these lottery winners. Don't tell me that these lottery winners are just luck. They actually had to get their butts in the car to go to a store to buy a lottery ticket, sometimes waiting in line and whatever. They made a portion of that quote unquote luck happen, all right, So it's hard working, hard luck. The fact is, though I've been doing this radio show twenty three years in Houston, now heard in San Antonio is a few weeks ago now just starting today Dallas area, Welcome Dallas people. I also am I home am I still say my home time's Dalla. My hometown is Dallas, but I do live in the Houston area. I also contribute to a TV show. It is called Great Day Houston. It is on the CBS affiliate Channel eleven KHOU, which is owned by Tegna, which is also owned by Channel eight wfaas up in Dallas, which by the way, if you recognize the voice, if you recognize the face, you recognize the face, but you couldn't recognize the name. I was also on Channel eight up in Dallas thirteen twelve eleven, thirteen eleven ten or eleven years ago. They had just started their four pm afternoon news and I did a segment with what was it? I think his name is Jason on channel like good Dude. There's a lot of good money or consumer stuff right now. I like him a lot. So the way I did a technology segment, that was it. So I still do TV and I contribute to Great Day Houston and this coming Tuesday as we get ready to finish this top of the Hour, This coming Tuesday, if you're in the Houston area, or if you go to kheou dot com if you want to see what the guy behind the microphone looks like. I am actually a host game the show. Our regular host Debora Duncan. She's actually taking a little vacation time, so she's tolling a little Johnny Carson having someone sit in for hear and one of my goals whatever probably wanted to do as a radio intelligence film major. I absolutely look, I'm jumping at this and I'm so excited. I'm gonna go through some of the cool technology gifts and gear that I will show and tell because that's what you could do on TV. Got some really cool interviews lined up I will be hosting. So for some reason, I'm gonna get you. Good morning Texas. You're looking for another dude who wants to make his way home. He's got good hair, he's got a ton of energy. Talk to my age Michael Garfield, our number one. Oh, stay tuned, don't go anywhere. So we have some fun this weekend. Off college football weekend and it's an off season with my Dallas cob right here. It's called the high Tech text.
Speaker 5: Ian.
Speaker 2: Is Michael Garfil Michael Garfuld.
Speaker 3: Michael Garfield's joining us and the.
Speaker 2: High Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans items to make life easier, new technology.
Speaker 3: So Michael Garfield has something you might want, Texas.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high tech Texan. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Act. Now your high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 3: Yes, started number two of the high Tech techt Show. It's a two hour show. We're halfway through and if you're new to the show, say it with me. This is what we do. We are a halfway to happy hour. Show runs at the weekend, so pretty much it always should be a happy hour. If you're listening on some sort of a podcast and it's not the weekend, well you know what. I just hope you're listening and you're driving safe. We don't drink and drive, but we can drive and listen, as simple as that. Michael Garfield is the name. And as we start the second hour, I'm not going to go through the whole spiel like I did in the first hour, but we welcome another affiliate. And this one's a big one for me, certainly important and very near and dear to my heart. The first week we are heard in the Dallas area. Welcome KFX are eleven ninety a m. It's special to me because, oh, I don't know, it's only my hometown, Big d where I grew up, where my parents still live, where I went to high school, or all my buddies. I got family up there. I'm actually based in Houston area right now, but I get up to Dallas as much as possible. You could take the boy out of Dallas, but you can't take Dallas out the boy. What is up by the way, i'd really I used to get into this because I thought was fun. It was good talk show, fudder, and I've been doing this for twenty This my twenty third year. By the way, that I'm doing this show, which is not going to be all about technology. I am not going to tell you how to fix your computer. We have a lot of fun, much more fun we'll explain, but talk right to you. You want to push some buttons, you want to push people buttons, You want to be polarizing. Now, I do not and will not talk politics, and don't worry about that. I do tick people off a little when it comes to sports because I am from Dallas, so I am a massive Cowboys fan, and I grew up in the era of the Tom Landry, the Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson. I mean I can name the entire you know, the offense, the defense, in everything. That's what I grew up. I was a kid with so no matter where I am, where I go, where I live, you know, I love sports. I'm absolutely adore football. I'm just always going to be Cowboy guy. Not that easy living in Houston, not that easy, you know. I grew up in Dallas and here I go, I'm pushing buttons, and I apologize. So I grew up in Dallas and I have still have two uncles and aunts and cousins in Houston. So we visited Houston semi office. I knew Houston quite well just from visits and growing up in Dallas. And this is serious. No one in Dallas that I knew. I've had any issue with Houston. Actually, I was jealous of Houston because Houston was a It is a bigger city, man, how Come I don't live in the biggest city in this state. I'm in Dallas, Man, Houston's number weight, It's it's larger, there's more people. I like coming down visiting Galvis is not too far away. But you know, just whatever it was, I moved down here. I've been here thirty years now. Man, I do not know what Dallas has to pissed so many people off in Houston. There are not a lot of Houstonians who like Dallas. And I'm like, what is the deal? Because the Cowboys have one, not only one championship compared to zero in Houston and football, but five? Was it because you're president? That happened to be murdered in Dallas? In the sixties before I was even born. What is it about Dallas to check? No one could pinpoint it? No one. All right, so I'm spreading love. I'm Centerville people, Okay, I'm right in between the I'm I forty five. Gotta stop in Centerville, all right, I'm getting some beef jerky. I'm stopping the left side and stop right so it doesn't even matter. So then a lot of love. And by the way, not forgetting you San Antonio either. Hello Wai which big blow torch? Fifty thousand watts of so I technically let me think about this. My voice is now being heard in Mexico because that's how big it is. It's awesome. So anyway, welcome Texas. This is the high tech Texan show you want to get in. It's interactive. It is three four six two nine T e X A N and I hope you put your glasses on or your font is very big on your phone that you can actually type in T e x A N. Okay, so then that's how you spell it. You could also go online you get it to x. You can go to Instagram. Thank you for following me on Instagram. Man, we got a lot of stuff to give away. You know, I do review phones, TV's cars, to broadcast my show from exotic places, cruises, mountaintops. A lot of the times I say, hey, man, you mind if we have an extra product at extra trip, can we give something away. I give a lot of that stuff away online too, So yeah, have to follow me high tech text in hi g h T e h T e x A N. Just on Instagram see something. I just give Dallas a big shout out on my Instagram. You actually could see me inside the studio. By the way, a little bit, let's get to a little technology here. The photo that you see or the video that you so if you go to if you go to Instagram, high tech text and spell the whole thing out, that's me and studio. It's beautiful. It's it's the iHeartRadio studio. Happens to be the one at Houston, doesn't matter. It's amazing how technology works. I can talk in Houston and it comes out over the airways and many other cities. So that is me. That's what it looked like. That is my real hair. Yes I still have hair at my age and and that's what I dress like or whatever that photo. Let me just talk about photos right now because people are all worried about the data and Big Brother and photos and what information could they have and don't have found a website that I want you to play around with just for you know, snorts and giggles. Let's keep it clean here because we're over the air. So there was there was this really smart dude who used to work for Google, and he realized how powerful the Google search engines and just the data they have, all right, so he created He was playing with some artificial intelligence models about how Google's AI software can how much they can learn from studying images. So just about a month ago, this dude is on his own right, he launched a website kind of a marketing stunt that's designed to turn Google's technology against itself. What you do is you can upload any photo to the website. It's then sent to the Google Cloud. It's a program, and give it about eight seconds maybe less. What you're gonna see next to the photo you uploaded is a startingly just startles you. A thorough three paragraph description of what this artificial intelligence sees. It is crazy. If you don't understand what artificial intelligence is, you gotta try this. Here's the website. It is called they see your Photos dot Com. That's it. They see your photos dot com. So what I did is I uploaded a picture of me in the radio studio, same one that you see a video. That's what it looks like. So I'm wearing a white shirt, you know, black pants, a belt, I got a jacket on. I'm standing in front of all a gear at the microphone. Everything I uploaded it, and I'm not gonna read you the whole thing. This Google doesn't know me from Shay Nolla, or does it. This is what it This is what it wrote, just from the description quote. The image shows a man standing in what appears to be a professional radio studio. In the foreground, he has positioned next to a large audio mixing console, his hand resting on the controls. Several computer monitors display various interfaces, possibly related to broadcasting or audio production. The background features gray walls. A subtle but noticeable detail is the recess lighting in the ceiling, which adds to the professional aesthetic. The man appears to be middle aged. Dude, I'm just a kid, a middle aged of Caucation ethnicity, and displays a friendly and approachable demeanor. He is well dressed in a gray jacket over a white shirt. He looks confident and comfortable in his environment. This is okay. That's alone blows me away. Get this, this is what I'm reading here. The picture was taken with the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip six on Thursday, November twenty first, at about three forty seven pm. They almost fell out of my chair when I read that. Unfreaking believable. This is what artificial intelligenceive just from a photo. I continue. His watch, subtly visible, appears to be quite expensive and hints at his economic status. He seems to be actively involved in his work, and his appearance suggests a successful career in lifestyle. The image bo sharp details, the texture of his jacket, the intricate design of the mixing console, blah blah blah, blah blah blah, it goes on. I'm done with that stuff. It's crazy. I'm looking this picture and I don't even see my watch. I do not see my watch. It may be one smidge of a hair or something sticking out of watch, and they know it's it's not a Samsung Wat, it's not a fitness watch. They actually is. One day, actually was wearing one of my nicer watches. It's unbelievable. Check it out. But this is the stuff that I want to get make you aware of. This is not an endorsement. Google didn't pay me to say this. I'm just letting you know what is out there I want to be aware of and how smart this AI is, but also potentially how scary this website again, it's called They See Your Photos dot com. And so this middle age Caucasian ethnicity man with a very nice watch is getting ready to take his first break of the hour. Michael Garfield is his name, three four six twenty nine text It is how you.
Speaker 1: Can get to the movie right back, no matter what time.
Speaker 3: A little of this idea is we can take you between in and wherever, certainly all over the state of Texas right now, long time in Houston, just now in Dallas, Texas. Starting this week, a few weeks ago, we're in San Antonio. Phone number it is three four six twenty nine texts. And we want to make it interactive. I am your consumer lifestyle guy. If you want questions about where to go, where to shop, with to buy, that is me. You're not going to get politics. You're going to get a little of you know what, I got two hours to kill. This is Garf's life. I'm going to tell you what I like eating, when I like buying, what I don't like driving, or just hat this and your holiday season's coming up? What do you want to stay away from? You want a last minute gift? Last hour, we went over some last minute gift ideas that you could get immediately, I mean immediately, and those are actually kind of you can go online and get some gift cards. But I gave you some other ideas other than gift cards. A matter of fact, I'm looking at something blinking over here. Let's go to the phone. Hello, this is Michael. Who am I speaking with?
Speaker 4: Hello Michael, this is Marcos Rodriguez.
Speaker 3: IV.
Speaker 4: Actually been on the show once before, a long time ago. I used to work at Torchy's Tacos and you actually went to a little restaurant that I was working in and had a dish.
Speaker 6: I remember that.
Speaker 4: But I was just wondering, is there a way to get in a like a video meeting while the show is on air, like like I used to a long time ago. Either If there is, maybe I just didn't see it on your website. But I'd like to be a participant again.
Speaker 3: Oh my, check that out. We got an old timers or art Marcos man. He just brought out something that I forgot that we used to do. First of all, look at Marcos. Does he still work at the Torchies or no? Was that was that a free shout out? He was he was trying to do. Listen, I like Torchies from Austin. I'm a Cabo Bob's guy right now. That that's what you even heard there. So Marcos used to I guess he used to work at Cheesy. Then he went to a restaurant and then I had a dish. I guess. So Marcos, thank you for calling it what he was referring to. He wanted to get see if there was a video meeting. I started the show two thousand and one, so again it's about twenty three year long show. And then I realized that computers were relatively new and they were expensive. But video, I mean, Skype wasn't even around, and there were no video cameras that were really built into computers or laptops. Thing. You would have to go get a standalone, you know, video camera and plug it in. And this is even before USBC. I mean, this is like you know, the PC slot or something you do in stall. But what I did is I used to I guess that was a bro I used to do a video cast, a video meeting. It again, I'm not taking any credit. Somebody else and then the world may have done this. But first one that I knew of on radio where I had a video camera in studio pointing at me, and I would give out this website and they would log in and they could see me, but if they had a video camera, we could see them. And so it was this big video meeting. You know what, dang it, man, I invited. I invented zoom and I didn't even know this. What hell? Why am I wasting my time of the weekend. I should be totally retired right down. So I actually invented zoom. That's what I'm gonna come up with. That's what I did to answer your question, buddy, Marcus. No, we don't do that anymore. I don't do that anymore. I don't We've changed venues. Sometimes I do this. I do this radio show a lot of times remotely, and we could do this right now. You know, back in the day, certainly twenty years ago, certainly ten plus years ago. I mean we had to be in our studio. We absolutely professional gear, had the producer and everything. We did take the show on the road, and well, I'll tell you what it was. It was, you know, I'm talking to what it was, the whole ring of a row. I mean, we had to bring in you know, remote satellite vans. Then we had equipment there. I used to broadcast my show some really fun places. I have done my show from several locations in Mexico. We've gone to resorts in Colorado, we were scanned I take it to the beach in California at some neat places because we worked for some partners to do that. And the technology back then was so bad. We're just so old. Let's put it this way that it was like a fax machine. So we had to actually put a phone cord into this device. I used to carry dial a number into the studio and it literally used a boad rate like nineteen nine hundred bought. I mean you would hear that like a fax machine, and then you know I talked back to the producer and I couldn't even answer phone calls. You know, A lot it was. It was just really crazy. Point is today I probably could do this radio show with this good audio quality on my cell phone with the high end, with a high end microphone and a high speed of Wi Fi connection, I probably could. So I don't do these video meetings anymore because sometimes I'm in the studio. Sometimes they do it for my home studio. Sometimes I do it from laying in bed because I'm Jared. Sometimes I'll go on the road where I'm traveling, and so we we just don't do it. But I'll tell you what now that we're in more than just h town. Were just Houston, Marcos, now everybody cross Texas. Maybe they want to see what's going on. Maybe maybe we'll start the video meeting again. So I do. I do. Thank you for that. So if you want to get in like Marcos does, because you could be famous too with your voice on the air. Oh by the way, this just did. Uh. Having your voice on air does not make you famous. And take that from someone whose voice has been on the air for well almost a quarter of a century. Right now, three four six two nine t e x a N three four six two nine t e x a N. That is how you're going to get onto here. Uh, this is so up. Let's see. Oh it is time for email. What's up with des? You've got mail? Darn right, we got mail boy, there's a there's an old school for a yog's out there. Remember that sound. We do have Mailhi, Michael, heard you talking last hour about streaming services. I actually took your advice that I discounted how many streaming services we currently have. And I just think I yelled at my kids a little too loud. They've had Disney Plus and they haven't watched the thing in seemingly about six months. We have nine different streaming services. No wonder. I never could figure out why my bill was so expensive. Appreciate the uh excellent hold on, I just lost my place away. I appreciate the advice. Thank you very much. By the way, which one do you recommend if you could only have one? All right? That's from Jeanett. Jeannette is in sant Anton North side, San Antonio. Thank you very much for listening. She sent me an email. You can too, Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. I want to say I told you so, but I freaking told you so. How many streaming services do you have. You have to keep account of this thing because it's it's like candy. Oh, I'm gonna sign up because my first month's free. Oh wait a minute, two ninety nine for the first six months. Wait ninety nine cents for an entire per month for an entire year. How cool was that? And then you freaking forget to delete it and cancel your account. People don't get you knoggered into that stuff. You don't keep account on a regular basis. Let's talk about streaming services. Hey, I see where it is. Where in the I'm not gonna say. We're in the relatively infancy of streaming services. You know, people are cutting the cord and they've been around for a while. Remember when Netflix is the big daddy of them all. That really is because they were one of the first really truly streamers. But do you remember when Netflix was not a streamer. Netflix was a company that you had to have a subscription to where you ordered DVDs. You went online and you ordered what what was the max? Three, four or five DVDs per month. They would come in a red envelope and they would come in your mailbox and you would do it, watch a DVD Okay, right now, I've probably lost easily a quarter of my audience if because if you were under twenty five, maybe thirty, you have no clue what I'm talking about. Netflix was not Netflix as you knew it. And then read Hastings who found in Netflix. He was brilliant. He saw, wait a minute, there's way with high speed internet, we actually can create this app on our TV where we can now stream at anybody's wishes that their behas that when I hit the play button, almost every single movie that we have in stock. Let's kill this thing. So they killed that business model of mailing the DVDs out. So count how many you have. It's not so much how many you have. Take maybe make a log of how often you watch them? Now to answer your question, if I could pick one, which is it? Again, I'm going to do what I do. I answer a question with a question meaning, what's your life like? Do you have young kids who love watching cartoons, who love watching the princesses? They're maybe Star Wars fans, Yeah, probably Disney pluses for you. Do you like someone who is an NFL fan, a live sports fan? Well, guess what for now? What in third or fourth year? Right now, and they've got a long deal. Amazon, by the way, has the streaming service. If you have an annual subscription that you pay one hundred and sixty bucks for for Amazon, you probably may not even know this breaking news. You've also got a streaming service. It's called Prime Video. Well, they have a deal with the NFL. They produce an air they don't know erics. It's not airing because it's the stream a Thursday night football game al Michaels Kirk kurb Street. For years, they have done that, that's right, and they've got they're starting to do it, and now everybody else is getting in the game. Pecock is getting in the game. Netflix will have not one but two streaming football games on Christmas Day, Houston Texans one of those, if you care, and Beyonce's playing the halftime too. There's no answer of what's the best streaming service. Best is a very relative term. What's the best taco, what's the best inchilada? People? We could debate which is actually makes for great radio that I'm not gonna do that right now, but I'm trying one of the things that I do to I save you money. I'm more than happy to tell you to go get a seventy five inch TV and go get a Sony bit. You know what, you're gonna be paying for the nose for that stuff. I rarely recommend products that are very, very expensive. I'm gonna take a product that I've tested that I know has a good brand name, maybe a good warranty behind it, and I'm gonna tell you an alternative product that's gonna save you money and it's gonna work just as well. That's just kind of the history. If you are new to this radio show, which is called the High Tech Texan by the way, best Taco, tell me right now three four six nine text and we're gonna be right back on the High Tech Texting Show. It is Garb. Yeah, this is about thirty more minutes left the show. So don't go anywhere. I mean, got nothing else to do than your holiday shopping. And so that's the neat thing that you can listen to the show while you're sitting at your at your computer, your laptop or your phone shopping away. You're thinking, oh, should I get this version or this star, this model, and you're gonna say, hold on, let me call Garth, let me see what's up with him. And you can do that quite simply right now three four six twenty nine Texan three four six two nine t e x eight. And it does not have to be in the world of technology. Nope, you can ask me. Hey, listen, Michael, that's which movie should I see? Is this?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: Is there is there a streaming show that you should watch, which, by the way, I don't see a lot of movies. This isn't, oh by the way, and then this is I think I kind of run this show like this. Oh by the way, I have seen in twenty twenty four in a movie theater three movies two two earth two, I don't even know. I get invited to momost every movie premiere, and like an idiot, I just don't go to a lot of them. I don't know why. I mean, unless it has Adam Sandler, which Sandler doesn't the least movies in theaters anymore because he goes straight to Netflix. Will Ferrell, I mean, just to give you an idea of like who I am for all you new listeners up in the Dallas area, this is that's that's what I do on my comedies, man, I mean, maybe I'll do it this time of year. Absolutely love watching the Christmas holiday movies. I have yet to see look at we are less than two weeks for Christmas. I have yet to see Love. Actually yet, I have not seen the greatest holiday movie yet. Seen Diehard twice already it's been on. I haven't seen a lot of Love. Actually, neither here nor there. Saw a movie let me give you something to do on Christmas Day? Got to got invited about a week ago, three weeks before it's released. I saw that Bob Dylan movie with Timo's Timothy shallow May a complete unknown that's the name of it. All right, let me help you out right now. I'm not a fan of Bob Dylan. Never liked his music. Maybe I know of like two songs he sang. I just I don't like folk music, not me, uh huh. If it ain't eighties, if it ain't out rock, sorry, people just not doing it. Didn't know much about Timothy shall May. In fact, maybe I've seen a movie I think he was. Wasn't he an Interstellar? He was really young and interstellar The McConaughey's Kid or something like that. I don't even know I've ever even seen it, Like a real shallow May movie. Didn't see that. Willie wonk a thing on let me help you out unsolicited. Disney's not paying me to talk about this or endorse it, which I wish they would. Absolutely one of the best movies I've seen in years. What Timothy shallow May did to transform himself into BA into Bob Dylan was amazing. Yes, I know what Dylan looks like. Yes, I'm gonna backtrack. I have heard well, no, I didn't hear. My favorite Dylan song is not even a song. It's when he sang the lines we are the wow, oh the j That's about it. I know him from watching We Have the World video for all those times back in the eighties. Jamithy shallow May is It's uncanny. It's uncanny, absolutely has to be should be nominated for an Oscar. I can't say he's gonna win it because I again, I've seen what won two three movies this entire years or whatever. It is. It's great. A lot of music, a lot of Bob Dylan music which I didn't even know it any odd stuff. But it was a compelling story. The director was great. Was it was it? James Mangold, I forget who was he was the guy who did dub the Johnny Cash movie walk whatever that Well, I think again, mister movie here. But it was really good. So go see that on Christmas Day because that's what it comes out. What do I watch streaming wise? Tell exactly what do I streaming wise? It's on Max, not HBO, but it's on Max. I just told you I like yacht rock music. There's a yacht rock documentary that came out one week ago. I watched it three times in the first five days it was out. It was good and supposedly it's gonna be like a whole series this stuff, but it's just one episode. It's about an hour and a half hour, forty whatever minutes long. It was good. And if you are anything near my age, if maybe maybe you're middle aged, apparently that's what Google AI calls me. I don't know. But if you were anywhere around the late seventies early eighties and you like it, and you listen to yacht rock on one of these satellite channels, which you shouldn't because you should be listening to this radio station right now, it was good. They had San Antonio Zone. Christopher Cross, he was a major part of it actually is daughter was one of the producers, Michael McDonald, But it is just it was good if that was your jam back in the days. They really did a really nice job of intertwining of how yacht rock, why it was called yacht rock, what's the sound? And it's amazing how all of the major yacht rock artists that you could think of were interconnected, starting with Michael McDonald, Steely, Dan, Christopher Cross, Kenny Loggins. I mean, I know music trivia. I mean, I am stupid eighties guy. It's very tough to stump me on anything eddies music. I actually found out a lot of stuff how everything was intertwined, not only just behind the microphone, but in the studio. The same producers Toto Hotel one of the greatest eighties albums of all time. Toto for did the Porco Brothers, David Page, they played on almost every single yacht rock autumn album for everybody else. Wait there you go, so got to go see Go watch yacht Rock for another two weeks on Max until the Bob Dylan movie comes out, and then you can thank me later. And then we got to start the whole year over again. In twenty five as we continue the what's it called the High Tech tex Show? That is me and Michael Garfield. I am about to less than a month out. I will be in Las Vegas, speaking of streaming and doing the show and broadcasting show live. I will be doing this show from Las Vegas, one of my favorite cities in the world, because that is the site of the annual Consumer Electronics Show, which is no longer called the Consumer Electronic Show, it is just simply abbreviated as CES. This will be by twenty second, twenty third year. The kind folks who put on that massive, massive technology electronic convention, they build a radio studio for me right on the Las Vegas convention show floor. I have guests on and good for you people. I bring an extra suitcase two because of all the companies I meet and the parties I go to and they give out samples, I say, hey, can I get one to give out on air? Can I give one to give out on my Instagram? High Tech Texan? Yeah? So January is uh, it's me giving gifts to you.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I certainly don't play Santa Claus. Sometimes I'll do the Hanaka hairy thing, but January. It is all high tech Texan. It's gift exchange time. Well, I give you the gift of beautiful content, lovely voice, a lot of hair, and some gifts that I bring back. So just kind of giving you the annual play by play of what I did. Generally, December January are my two biggest busiest months. And I cannot stand in summer. Hate summer. I'm a winter. I'm a runner. I like staying going outside, and so it keeps me rolling, absolutely keeps me rolling. This was let's see how much time I've heard? You got about two or three minutes? Do I want to start this right now? Did I mention this last week? Or so? I saw this? Somebody we were to talk about cell phones and you know, Michael was the best cell phone to get. And again it's I again. I'm gonna answer it with it. Answer your question with a question. You know, what do you want? Are you an iOS person? You're an android that opens up a whole new thing. I say, what do you when you get a new cell phone? I ask people what do they do with their old ones? What do you do? And ask yourselves this. You don't need a call in, but you could or you could put it on X or a blue sky and or respond to me, what do you do with your old smartphone? Because odds are we've had smartphones swell over twenty twenty five years. When you get a new one, and I know you do get a new one, what do you do? You throw it away? Do you give it to your spouse, do you give it to your kids? Do you sell it because you can't make some money? You probably if you don't do anything but put it in a drawer, you're sitting on some cash. People, as long as it's in really good condition, it's not chip, there's no scratches. You can get some bucks, you can get some rebates or something. Nearly seventy percent of American smartphone owners said they've never sold their phone, so they do something with it? All right, what do you do with it? Do you give it away? I'd love to actually hear from you. Go to high tech text and h I G H T E C h T E x A N and give me a poll here on X or blue Sky, or just respond to something on my Instagram over here. But why don't people hold on to their smartphones? Why don't they sell them? Because this holiday season. It's a good time for people looking for cell phones, and it could be a smart time to sell. There are companies out there who will buy it from you. Maybe they'll give you cash, maybe they'll give it to you in gift cards. I remember a Target or Best Buy they had deals. You can go drop off a cell phone and they'll look at the condition. Is it an excellent condition, is it good condition? Or does it even turn on? He'll give you on the spot a gift card for that store. I prefer it would have the cash. Also, you can put it on an eBay if you want to. The point is we had these discussions, but a little for you. Should you sell your old smartphone? Should you give it away? Number one? I would recommend this. Make sure you back it up. Make sure you either put stuff that's on that phone in your cloud or connect it the old school way. Put a freaking cord in it and put it into your computer too, and then download or upload everything from your phone onto your computer, every video you've made, every photo you made, all your contacts and all your other emails things. But at that point, before you sell it, before you give it away, you go to your settings and you put reset to factory settings. You wipe that thing clean. Don't ever give your phone away. I can't think of an instance where you just say, hey, man, here I'm gonna see how much. Here's five hundred ors a thousand bucks. Hey hey, if you're a husband, you really probably want it. Would you pretty much want to raise that when you give it to the wife. And if you're a wifey, you probably want to raise it before you give it to your husband. Certainly your kids, you don't know what's on there. Wipe it clean because they can get your information. But just don't sit there and try to delete everything. You know what, Just do a freaking factory reset. Set it to where it's brand new, like it's coming out of the box. A little tip from me to you. I just thought that was an interesting We've got one more segment, so you can't go anywhere. You better hold on. Well, we zip up the show. The first show ever heard terrestrially in the Dallas area. As we welcome KFX are eleven ninety as a new affiliate. It is Michael Garfield, Dallas Boy himself. I'll live it in h down. It's not I take texting show. Yes, it's about seven or eight minutes eleven and this edition of the high tech texting show What are We down? This is the we only have two more shows left this year? Are you kidding me? You know what? I hate? Oh? This year has gone by so fast, though, I can't believe it's a shut up. No, it did not go by fast, because the last I checked, it was three hundred and sixty six years actually days of the year, actually this year, and it was it was. It was a long year. It's it was just as long as anything else.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: It was a long, hot, nasty summer. But you know what, We're gonna start again and it's just gonna go just as fast it was last year. I say it just because you know, I'm excited that the show's almost over. I get to take a little break, not too intensive college football weekend. This week got Army Navy, I got my long horns are off all of the stupid conference championships which at some point our needless and will not be played. Those were last week. Horns played next week. So if you're going down to Austin and you got an extra ticket, I am your boy, because I could do my show from Austin. Michael Garfield is the name. This is the High Tech Texan Show. And if you break it down, I proved something to you. I said this, and we do this because every week we have new listeners. In this past few weeks, we've got a lot of new listeners, not just in Houston, where we've been on the air for well over twenty years. Three weeks ago we launched in San Antonio, and today our very first terrestrial station in Dallas KFXR eleven ninety. So we're adding. We are adding people left and right, huge, big show, NonStop. Man. Look look at the numbers of my Instagram coup. Thank you so much for following Instagram. And actually, what I need to do. I need to contact restaurants and fun places in Dallas and San Antonio. The only way you're gonna win is to follow me on Instagram. High Tech Texan HI G H T EH T X A M. By the way, I don't don't want to forget Houston. We've been on in Houston twenty three years, actually on kp year see Radio. A lot of Houston companies that I work with and endorse, one of which is US Coins and Jewelry. And if you are this man, these these guys are so busy. I wanted to get Kenny Duncan. Kenny runs US Coins and Jewelry second generation. The dude doesn't even have time to take a sip of water. I know they're listening to my show right now. And they're massive showroom in Houston. It is on it Katie Freeway right at Voss Voss going there. They are open on the Saturdays as we do the show. They are closed on Sundays. Apparently Chick fil A stole their idea and they do give their employees a breakoff. But if you're looking to if you want to sell some quick collect coins that you don't need to live in Houston alone. They do it online. They're totally trustworthy, trustworthy on steroids. These guys are just top notch. One of the best new mismatists, which means a coin collector in the country. I've traveled with him. I see how he buys coins, how he sells coins. They also do trading for sports cards, collectibles, but they also give back. I say this because US Coins and Jewelry. They are having a toy drive which is running running next week all next week. It is Monday through Friday, December sixteenth to the twentieth. They are accepting unwrapped toy donations as long as it's ten dollars or more. If you just walk in to US Coins and Jewelry in Houston December sixteenth to twentieth, walk in with an unwrapped toy. Each toy donation, they are going to give you a quarter ounce silver coin a silver coin. Also, each donor you're gonna receive a raffle ticket for a grand prize that will be announced on December twenty third. All right, that's how that's how good these guys are and Galas. They're wonderful folks. So you can go see them if you want. Specific it's eight four three five Katie Freeway in Houston, eight four to three five Katie Freeway. These toy drives are great. We did one for Great Day actually right Day, Uston partner with a number of them, but I was shooting a segment for a where were we We were at the Outdoor Lights show the Botanic Garden, Uston Botanic Garden. There's a big bend to collect toys for kho U Channel eleven CBS, which I'm a part of. On Great Day Houston but whatever you can do. Man, it's I talk about gift giving and whatever. Yeah, but feel free for donations too. And by the way, a big shout out to to you know it. You can call it pandering or whatever, kissing up to my bosses, but I really don't care about them, nor do they care about me. iHeart Radio, iHeart Media does an unbelievable job of working with Saint Jude's Hospital, Saint Jude's for Children's Hospital every single year. So much so. I know the regional president of all of iHeartMedia, and you can I'm gonna say his name because he's long been my boss. His name is Eddie Martini. He oversees all of the iHeart Radio stations pretty much Trusty where you're listening right now. It goes into all over Texas in Louisiana. He makes a mandate that we does radio thons golf tournaments. I just participated in these St. Judes at Children's Hospital I Hurt Radio golf tournament this past Monday. It was at the Golf Club of Houston where they used to play the shell Uston open when they used to call, they used to open the shell used to open two hundred and fifty six teams, and I am not embarrassed to say, drum roll plays. We won the entire tournament. My team won the entire tournament. I am not taking full credit. We had a ringer who could drive a golf ball three hundred and twenty five three hundred and fifty yards. I was nails from about one hundred yards out with my pitching ron hunted decently. But whatever it was, we won the entire tournament. How cool is that an employee wins it. It's not like I won money, like it was all for donation, but they raised what they raised five hundred six hundred thousand dollars just from the golf urn alone. Think about that this time of year, and that that's and that is isn't Is that the meaning of Christmas? I don't know. I watched too many Christmas specials growing up. I'm not sure. If it's the Island of Misfit toys actually left the island and they were kicked out of Santa Sleig with umbrellas and fell through chimneys, and now they're in actually little boys and girls' hands. I don't know if that's the spirit of Christmas. I don't know if you're supposed to stand at somebody's door and professor, confess your true love to someone who's already married, now that you're gonna, you know, love them until the day they die. I don't know, but I think donations and reflecting and maybe having some hot chocolate around the fire is is pretty good too. And it doesn't matter if it's a big tree. You could just go and look for some search lights and just get a little sickly looking tree and just if you just give a little love and give a little car and wrap it with a warm blanket at the bottom, and you know, just you know, take a go to a dog's house that has a lot of decorations and steal those and put it on the Christmas tree. That's the meaning of Christmas. People, I'm sorry, don't ask me. I celebrate Honika. What are you gonna do with that? We are shutting down this episode of the High Tech Texans show Love Being with You, Big d Dallas. I hope my parents were listening to Rashully. If not, they can podcast to let everybody else go to iHeart Radio. Download that free to app and you can listen to so many people, so many different podcasts. Including this show Calum Red Brian Erickson. Shout out to my program director who said, you know what garbage about. Time we actually give you the name of the high Tech text instead of the high Tech Ustonian. We're gonna put you in Dallas. We're gonna put you in San Antonio. And so shout out to the state of Texas. Next week, the final episode before Christmas Day. Oh my fuckle up, people, have a great week. Book them Warrens, enjoy the cool weather. Whatever you want to do, find me at high Tech Texting dot com. My name is Michael and right now this is how we end the show. People, for twenty three years, my show is over.