Speaker 1: Minnesota Goodbye. Let's get started. Yesterday we were talking a little bit about the Lovin on the show, and so it comes up at an email. We're gonna kick off the Minnesota Goodbye with an email about the Loven Hello, Ryan Show, don't use my name. The conversation about unsatisfactory SAex is so relevant in my life right now. I met someone really like him, felt we had a good connection. Fast forward, we have sex and there is no connection there at all. It is exactly what Dave describes as he rolls on top of her and rolls off. I haven't talked to him about it yet because I wanted to give it a few more tries to make sure it wasn't just figuring out a new partner. Nope, he is clueless. I tried to give feedback in the moment, and he is just not getting it. I plan to talk to him about it, but I've been curious if a guy thinks this is how sex should be and doesn't see a problem with not trying to give pleasure, can he even change? He's near thirty, That was my next question. Is he eighteen? Is he twenty one or forty six? He's near thirty, definitely experienced enough to know better. Am I making a ton of assumptions here? Or if a guy treats someone like this, I feel like they are probably very selfish in general. Love y'all, Anonymous, Jenny your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I mean that's an age that I think you should maybe have learned by now that there's more into sex than what he's doing. So I would definitely like have that conversation with him. I don't know that I wouldn't have necessarily equate him being selfish in like every day life because of that in the bedroom, but definitely like have that conversation sooner rather than later and see if he's open to learning. I guess if he's not, then I would say, get out of that quick, get out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I find it shocking that somebody is kind of like somebody who is like thirty years old and doesn't know how to do their laundry. It's like, Okay, at some point you should have, like I don't know, been self awarely are they enjoying this?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Should they be enjoying this? Are women? And he might not realize that women are capable of enjoying it. Maybe he was grew up in an environment where I don't know where he was given the idea that sex was like just for the man to enjoy.
Speaker 3: I don't know what would you what's your advice to her for like bringing it up though, because that's I think that's like a valid concern of being like, I don't know how to say something like in the moment you give like feedback, and even then giving feedback in the moment feels awkward, like can you stop doing.
Speaker 2: That or whatever?
Speaker 3: Or this, that and the other thing. So like, if you're gonna sit down with somebody, if it was you in that position, Dave, how would you want to be like approached?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a very personal thing. I once had a girl tell me that I was kissing too weirdly or strangely or deeply or something, and it really was like ouch, that really hurt because you know, I wasn't eighteen and I was older, and I thought that my kid seeing skills were on point and I was told that they were not. So it was a little bit weird. I think you got to handle it delicately. But this guy is so clueless. I think maybe he just doesn't know. Maybe he's maybe his last few partners were women who didn't enjoy sex. Maybe he's the reason why, and maybe that's what he's been taught is just roll on, do a couple of things, and then and then roll off. I would you got to bring it up because if you don't bring it up, he is never going to change. And maybe it's something like, you know what, let's take our time a little bit, you know what, try this, Let's try this. There are some guys who won't talk on the pink phone. Oh yeah, there's some guys who won't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They think it's like disgusting or whatever. And it's like Khaled DJ Khaled won't talk on the pink phone. And I think that that is extremely ignorant, very selfish, But some people think it's beneath them. I don't know. In the same manner that some women probably won't give me a euphemism, Jenny, they won't.
Speaker 2: Make on the lollipop stuck on that.
Speaker 1: Good one. I think there probably are women who won't. I don't know, though.
Speaker 3: I feel like once you say something, though, if it doesn't change at all, then I agree with Jenny, like get out of it, because it's just because then you're gonna end up just starting like making excuses for him where we're like, well, I like him in other aspects, so I guess I can get by with this terrible part of my life. But I just say, drop him. If he's not listening to you at all and is like super clueless, then clearly he doesn't care that much.
Speaker 1: I think she brought up a point, is he going to be selfish in other areas of his life?
Speaker 2: I don't really think that that, okay, is like a thing, but yeah, I just I do just think that some people aren't as sexually adventurous in certain ways, and so maybe this is how he enjoys sex. That's obviously like so selfish and unfair to you, But I don't know. I mean, during my heyday there was like one person who I liked as a human, but the sex was the most vanilla shit I'd ever experienced, and I was like, uh, like, we got to do something more here, and eventually nothing came of it because I just it wasn't there for us.
Speaker 1: Ginny brought in an egg beater, which I thought was really interesting. Was it an egg beater or a whisks? All right, Bailey, this is for you. It's everybody can offer their opinion. This past Sunday, I was at the Renaissance Festival. I saw Bailey walking assuming you were headed out for the day, and exactly twenty things went through my brain like, oh my god, that's Bailey EO. I smell and look terrible. No, that's not her. Should I shout her name? Yeah, it's definitely her. I bet she just wants to go home leave her alone. Nah, she would love it. So my question is, Bailey, do you want to be bothered out in public? When is it appropriate or not appropriate?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You can bother me out in public. Yeah, I don't mind anyone bothering me out in public. Is if you say, just know that, like, my resting face is not a pleasant one. I don't look happy when I'm walking places. So if you see me and I look pissed, it's just what my face looks like. So if you say hey, Bailey, and I look at you and I realize that I don't know you, I will smile because I will assume that you are a listener, and I will stop and talk to you. I have a lot of people talk to me on Sunday, which was really great. So I got to meet quite a few people. So yeah, if you see me in public, you can definitely say hi. And if I'm with my friends too, Honestly, it makes me look cooler to my friends, so I don't mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's still new to you, so it still feels really cool or it feels like look at me. My kids would get annoyed with it. Susan is very patient with it, And I don't mind at all when people come up and say hi, And if I have time, then I'll talk to him for a little bit. Yeah, but if I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, I'll be, you know, as polite as I can be. But no, I don't mind it at all. It rarely, rarely, rarely happens once a week maybe, and usually doesn't happen until I talk, like if i'm you know, if I open my mouth, somebody's like, oh I heard, and people will go do I know you from somewhere? And my favorite line is, well, do you watch a lot of porn?
Speaker 2: And except for when you said that at a grad party or.
Speaker 1: Something, Yeah said to the grad party to the graduate's grandmother. Yeah, And she's like, we've met before, haven't we? And I said, do you watch a lot of porn, and she kind of looked at me like sideways a little bit like huh and uh, yeah, what about you, Jenny.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love when people come say hi. Come say hi all the time. The one I feel like I've put off so many people because of the way I speak about I don't want to be interrupted at the gym, and then I'll like learn from someone like, oh, yeah, I work out there too, but you always seem to like be in a rush. And I was like, yeah, that's like the one place that I kind of just want to get in and out. And it's not because I don't want to talk to you. It's just because like my motivation is already lacking half the time that I want to just like get my work out done and get out of there. So that's like the one spot that like I do think it's like very respectful if you kind of like if you say hi to me and passing, sure, Like I would love for you to say hi, but I would I probably don't want to have a conversation at the gym.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would never get to a point where you're like, no, leave me alone. I think the one thing though, is like if I'm sitting there at a table having dinner with the family mm hm and you walk by and say hi. That's fine. But we stop going to a restaurant one time because the manager would sit down in the booth with us. Oh that's no, and would chat away, and he would squat by our table and put his elbows in his arms up on the table and sit there and talk to us. And it was like, dude, I am not here to talk to you. Yeah, stop and say hi, but I want to hang out with with Susan and Carson and Allison.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It goes on to say, my daughter's been in therapy most of her life, and every therapist will say, I live in this town. You will see me out in public and you can say hi, but I will never talk about treatments or sessions while out of the office, which is one hundred percent appropriate. Fortunately, we never saw one out in the wild. I'm sure my daughter wouldn't recognize him out of office setting. But it's a great boundary. Have you ever had to set boundaries on a fan? That should be enough to discuss for a whole podcast. Sorry to be long winded, but you know, Minnesota. Goodbye, dart lig from Megan. Uh Well. The only fan that I ever had to set a boundary with was many years ago. There was a listener. It was a guy, and I can't remember exactly, but somehow I called him for something. And this is back in the days of you know, cell phones worth thing, but call her ID on your phone. Remember caller ID. You would call somebody and they have a little box by their phone and would say their phone number.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I called him for something like oh, it could have been like, hey, you want a T shirt? I need to get your address. I didn't get it. So then he started calling my home number because it was a novelty to have my number, and he'd called me like hey, just seeing what's going on. I'm like, oh hi, yeah, blah blah blah. And I'd be like, I don't want you to call me, oh yeah, calling me at home. And so then he he called me. He had a bunch of friends over and he wanted to show off that he had my numbers. So he calls me and he's like, hey, Dave, it's me. Hey, can you say hi? And all my friends were on speaker and I'm like hi. And so next time he called. I said, I don't want you calling me. You know, we're not friends. You shouldn't have my phone number. And he got so mad that he called my boss, Oh god, and told my boss how rude I was for not wanting to talk to him. And I think that there are certain people like they'll be like, I'm a Taylor Swift fan. She owes me, right, she owes me yeah, because I buy her albums and I spent twelve hundred dollars on concert tickets, she owes me. Or I watched I listened to I watched fallon on TV. So when I see here at cubs, she owes me fifteen minutes of time. Sure, no, no, no, I don't. Taylor Swift doesn't owe me or you anything. But I think that maybe that was his attitude, like I'm a listener of your show, so you owe me. I should be able to call you.
Speaker 3: But then like what if we all had your number and we were all calling you at home because you were Yeah, then that's like, no, oh my gosh, I'm so annoyed that he called.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was a nice guy, he just a little bit different.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you a story of how I had to set a boundary one time. Okay, so I was going on a boat with some friends and it was like girlfriends I knew, but I didn't know the people who owned the boat. And as soon as I got on the boat, we were like introducing ourselves and then someone was like, oh, yeah, she works on the Dave Ryan Show. And right away the guy who drove the boat was like asking me a very personal question about Fallon and I looked at him and I go, I don't think that's really any of your business. And he looked back at me and he goes, you know what, You're right. That was rude.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And that's how literally the boat day started with me being like, no, motherfucker, I am not answering that that's none of your business and so like. And he was cool after that, but then I was in my head the rest of the time like that. It was such a bit and then it just like fluffed up an answer and whatever.
Speaker 1: But I could get it. I think I know the question that he asked, and I get that once in a while too, and I say, I don't know anything about it. Yeah I don't, and I know little about it, but it's certainly maybe it certainly is not any of my business, and I'm certainly not going to discuss it. I'd be like, yeah, that's you know, people have asked me that question. I don't know anything about it, all right. Next one, let's go to Anika Dave Jenny vont Bailey. When doing radio contest, how do you select a winner? I asked, because I've been calling all last week and again this morning for pink tickets and it just seems like I can never ever win. This morning I was called her number one, tried again, immediately got through and was told I wasn't a winter. How does that work? It's it's a matter of a couple of things. Number one, try, try, try, keep trying. The people who win usually have won a lot because they try. Try try number two. When the phone does ring in somebody answers, make sure you respond like they go, hello, Katie. Will you be sound energetics, super excited. That's not a requirement to win. But sometimes we take random callers. Sometimes we take caller number ten and they win, whether they sound like they're on death's door or what. But but if we're taking a random caller, sound excited, just like you don't see people on prices, right, they go, I, Drew.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hello, you know, try try to sound excited. Yeah, and that'll help you for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also as the person who used to answer the phone for many years, don't like maybe like say someone's name wrong, like oh, like yeah, can I talk to Tom Bernard? Things like that happen sometimes, and I'm sure most people would not do that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's true because people people do. You know, we think that people know everything about us. DJs are the worst. They think that people listen to every phone number, call you know, get your carpet cleaned at one eight hundred and eighty two to two seventy eight fifty six, and people like, I didn't hear that fucking number. But we think that you're sitting there listening with a pen and paper, taking careful notes. And we think that you know everybody's name. You don't. Some people do. And what I always make a joke is like you'll answer the phone hello, KTWB, and somebody go, here's the answer, Mayonnaise. What what? Because another radio station is asking a trivia question, you think you're calling the other radio station. So here's an interesting one. We were talking about sexual accidents yesterday on the show. This text says, best station around KTWB. I was having some fun loving with a guy in Chicago. Unfortunately, the curtains caught on fire and spread fast enough the fireman came, and not in a good way. Ha ha oh I love that. I love y'all. Remember stay sexy and move your candles away from the curtains before sexy time.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't even like having candles on usually, unless it's like one of those sex candles that you use like the wax to put on on your partner or something, then maybe go on We Loved Different Lives. Well, there's candles that, like the purpose of it is to burn so you can then pour the wax onto your partner. Why because it's hot? Literally?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're telling me you've never done anything with candle.
Speaker 1: Did Yeah, Julie and I there was a Madonna Innocent There was a Madonna movie. I don't know what the Madonna movie was came out around ninety ninety one, something like that, where Madonna was getting it on with some guy and they were dripping candle wax on each other. So Julie, who was kind of kinky. She's like, I want to try that, and it was okay. It didn't do anything for me. It was kind of like the girl one time who wanted to bring hot chocolate or syrup into the bedroom and I'm like, yeah, sure, I'll try it. It was nasty, it was sticky, it was and she even said, yeah, this is kind of gross syrup and hot syrup and chocolate.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I've told this story before, but one time I was trying to be all like sexy and cute with the sky I was seen and I bought whipped cream. Whatever, but I bought like dairy free, whib free. You're so fucking bad. It was disgusting. It smelled weird as it like lingered on your skin afterwards. Yeah, pretty much, pretty much. So regardless, I'm not a fan of food in the bed.
Speaker 1: No, and I agree with you. I would say we did whipped cream. It wasn't Susan many years ago, and I think it was dairy and so the smell of sour milk gets in your nostrils. Yeah, and you can't get that out. So uh, let's move on to another one. Let's see what we got here. Give me one second. There's some long ones that I haven't pre read. Okay, here we go, Dave Jenny Bailey Monday's Minnesota Goodbye. Somebody mailed in about twenty year olds listening to videos on their phones on speakers in public places. As much of an advocate I am for not having headphones in when I'm out for a walk or run, it does seem rude to me, but I want to advocate that advocate that it's not just twenty year olds. Oddly enough, and just last Thursday, I met my husband for lunch at a Chinese buffet and we sat down and there were two separate scenarios in the restaurant that made my mouth drop. Number One, a couple in their thirties were listening to videos or TV or something on their phone in their booth while eating. Number two, an older gentleman on a table full of people was having a phone call on a speakerphone. It wasn't up to his ear on a speakerphone, implying he was hard of hearing, nor was it held out for anyone at the table to who listened to the conversation. He held it flat on his hand in front of him. Perpendicular to his body. I couldn't believe it, and of course it was a recent scenario that mirrored up to a Minnesota goodbye that I had to share. People are just oblivious or not raised to be considerate, or sometimes they still don't figure it out by growing up crazy. Anyway, Happy Tuesday cheers from staff writer Sydney. We did talk about this and reflect on it a little bit. Is it becoming more the norm to be on a speaker in public? Or is it becoming the norm to be rude and self centered?
Speaker 3: I mean, haven't people been rude like since the dawn of time? Yeah? What was it like at the dawn of time?
Speaker 1: Well, it was surprising because we did not actually have limbs. We had to slither along the beach. And I remember my friend, yeah, Scott, he was finally the one