Speaker 1: Blahoma and Southeast Kansas to help them grow and excel in the ever changing world of advertising. Our company offers on air radio, billboards, digital marketing products, video, print and promotions. We start with guaranteed salary leading to commissions with benefits including profit sharing. If you like to help people succeed, join my team and media. You can pick up an application at our office twelve hundred Southeast Frank Phillips Boulevard, or download an application at Bartlesville Radio dot com and click employment opportunities.
Speaker 2: Join our team at Bartlesville Radio K one, KYFM, KRIG and KPGM. Bartlesville Radio an equal opportunity employer.
Speaker 3: The Stump Funeral Home and Crematory in Bartlesville and Stump Funeral Homes in Nowada and Barnstall are proud providers of veterans funeral care. Our compassionate and professional staff have years of experience in planning military services. Whether choosing cremation or burial, our staff would be proud to take care of all the details for your family member who served. It's our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country. Just a few of the things we do during this difficult time, include completing applications for all veterans benefits including military honors, coordinating with national or state veteran cemeteries, and you'll receive a Presidential Memorial certificate and a veteran memorial marker or headstone. For a complete description and a full explanation of all the benefits your veteran will receive, please stop, buy or call the Stump Funeral Home in Crematory in Bertlesville or the Stump Funeral Homes in Nowada and Barnstall in Northeast Oklahoma. We're proud providers of veterans funeral care.
Speaker 4: The cal Thomas commentary is brought to you by Values through Media. Now Here's syndicated Gallumn mist Dal Thomas.
Speaker 5: President Trump has called Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky a dictator who duped America in descending Aid, Selenski responded accusing Trump of living in a quote bubble of Russian disinf Is this any way to treat a supposed European ally? Has Trump forgotten? It was Russias Vladimir Putin who invaded Ukraine and has caused tens of thousands of civilian deaths, maybe more. Where is Trump's condemnation of Putin, whom he increasingly wants to cozy up to. The President says he and Putin may meet as early as next week. Why without an understanding in advance of what such a meeting will produce, it can only give Putin, who is a murderer and a real dictator, the credibility he seeks.
Speaker 6: A Wall Street.
Speaker 5: Journal article yesterday begins this way quote. President Trump has dramatically shifted the direction of US foreign policy in four short weeks, making the US a less reliable ally and retreating from global commitments in ways that fundamentally reshape America's relationship with the world. Some of that reshaping is long overdue, but not what the President is doing to Ukraine. I'm cal Thomas.
Speaker 4: For a pre copy of today's commentary, visit cal Thomas dot com. Or right has said, Values through Media Bobucks thirty seven thirty three forty key Largo, Florida three three zero three seven. That's Bobucks thirty seven thirty thy Largo, Florida three three zero three seven. Please specify the date and subject your tax deductible gets to Values through Media. Help support us. Listen again next time for the Kal Thomas commentary.
Speaker 7: So you may ask, who are these people, these hundreds of thousands of people who decided to do something different with how they pay for health care and they join meta share.
Speaker 6: It's a good question.
Speaker 7: Metashare members are people who realize they have a choice. They're not stuck with a status quo that they don't like. And we know this from research of metashare members. They tend to have certain values in common, like their faith. They love that they're actually sharing with one another. They don't have to be part of a system that forces them to pay for things they don't support. They also value joining with other people who prioritize healthier lifestyles and encourage each other. They value customer service that's for them and their families, and they find that refreshing. And they're entrepreneurs, people who work in the gig economy, pastors, school teachers, business people who do clearly value saving money.
Speaker 8: That's a big part of this.
Speaker 7: At the five hundred dollars a month with meta share, you too can do some something different.
Speaker 6: You can start saving.
Speaker 7: Now here's the number called eight five five ninety Bible. That's eight five five nine zero Bible eight five five ninety Bible.
Speaker 9: Good morning, good morning, good morning, Welcome, welcome, welcome time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust these eight thirty six and coming all the way in from Bosco and is Chili Chili Chili eight degree morning.
Speaker 6: We've got Jim Armstrong from an American Edge product. How you doing, sir, I'm doing well well. I gotta tell you. I've been listening to your stories on your commercials about American Edge and tell us a little bit of a story about you, your daughter. How you guys got started about a year or so. Tell us a little bit. First of all, what is American Edge.
Speaker 10: American Edge is just a small implement company. We specialize in skids, teer and tractor and excavator attachments. And then we also have a hose shop, which is a hydraulic fuel, air cylinders, things like that.
Speaker 6: Take care a little bit of everything. Big Ranching community. Where you are, yes, sir, yes, sir. You guys kind of go to now.
Speaker 8: We are getting there.
Speaker 10: We've got a lot of people that it used to have to drive to Ponka City or Tulsa that are happy that we're there to fulfill their hydraulic needs at least my goodness.
Speaker 6: Now, you spent a few years in the law enforcement before going into business. You keep telling everybody you're not a salesman.
Speaker 8: I am not tell us what you do.
Speaker 6: How do you actually get a product to the right person.
Speaker 10: Well, fortunately, I've been in the ranching business and ranching community. I've used a lot of this equipment. My friends are in the equipment business. They clear a lot of land around here in the community. So I've got a background of using and kind of knowing what equipment works for what, and I just try and solve what the problem of the customer is and match them with the proper equipment.
Speaker 8: Anybody can sell a piece.
Speaker 10: Of equipment, but it's really important that you get the piece of equipment that fits you. And that's how I do it. I want something that works all the time when I need it, and I know they do.
Speaker 6: That's a win win situation when you make a perfect fit there, I would hope. So, yeah, you bet, you, you bet. You've got demo days coming up.
Speaker 8: Tell us about that, Yes, a demo day.
Speaker 10: We're partnering with JK Trucks and More out of Barnstall, and one of our vendors Loftness is going to be on site. They're in Barnstall demonstrating all of their equipment. They specialize in the mulching world. So there's going to be multures for skid steers that they're going to demo, multures for tractors, there's going to be stump grinders, there's going to be some other equipment that they have that they're going to put on display. And then one of our vendors is Vibe Drive Technologies. It's our post driver and we're really proud of it.
Speaker 6: How does this work?
Speaker 8: It vibrates, So.
Speaker 10: Instead of traditionally pounding a post into the ground, this is a design that vibrates. It vibrates over five thousand times a minute. Oh, you can't even see it. All you see is the post moving down into the ground. And because of that, it can do any style of post. It's not going to damage the post like a pounder wood.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he using all that kind of a force on it.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 10: It generates about thirteen five hundred pounds of centrifugal force and at five thousand vibrations a minute, that force just pushes that postman.
Speaker 6: Right down in Oh, I got to tell you a body can stop vibrating. You can just let that thing do that for you, because when you pounding it, postman, that's an all the job and you're gonna feel it.
Speaker 10: Yes, And the really cool thing about it is all that vibration is concealed in the actual driver, so it's not transferred to the machine. So like post pounder is all that vibration, all that pounding is transferred into your machine. And all those pins and bushings and stuff tend to wear out faster we do that.
Speaker 6: Well, this is gonna be cool. I just have to go there just to watch that happen.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's gonna be neat.
Speaker 10: I've got several styles of posts, from delineators to galvanized post, to fiberglass post, to steal post, a wood post. We're gonna be driving a lot of posts.
Speaker 6: Well, it's gonna be a pretty good little exercise there. It's Demo D. When's the Demo D coming up?
Speaker 10: It is March first, right, It starts at nine am and it's gonna run until we set four o'clock. But it's gonna run until people are done done. We are gonna we are gonna have lunch and provide hamburgers and hot dogs and sides and drinks. It's at one three zero two nine State Highway eleven and that is actually just south of UH eleven and ninety No. One three and eleven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I know, but I know exactly where you are. I can see that right now.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 6: Okay, So this is gonna be a good time. This is going to be coming up on March the first, one to four nine, and you want to get out there. You want to talk to you Jim. Now, Jim, you've got a partner in your business.
Speaker 8: I do, I do so. My daughter.
Speaker 10: Her job, unfortunately after own a little over ten years, was dissolved by the business and I was fortunate enough to be able to snag her. And she's working with me now and it's it's been a lot of fun. She's doing a lot of the hard work. She takes care of all the computers and all the the things like that, financing and uh so.
Speaker 8: She's actually the boss. I'm just the guy on the radio.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, how humble is that? Folks? You got to meet Jim in person. This is American Edge. Now, where are you in Pasco? Where can we find you in any old day that ends and why that you're open?
Speaker 8: Uh, well, we're actually just west of Sonic about a blog.
Speaker 6: Oh that's it? Yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 10: So from the ninety nine sixty junction there and we're about a quarter mile back to the west.
Speaker 6: Okay, easy to find, very easy. So what was a what did you hesitate a little bit or is this something that you kind of always wanted to do when you started your business?
Speaker 10: Well, it actually was not something I was thinking about. It just kind of evolved rapidly. But it was a really good fit and it was something that I'm excited about. It's something I enjoy and I've been fortunate because of my background. One of my vendors is quick Attach. Quick Attach is a predominantly online skid steer attachment business. In rare occasions they do ask for vendors, and because of my relationship throughout the last fifteen years with quick Attach, they actually asked me to be a vendors, which was I was very happy with that.
Speaker 6: That's nice.
Speaker 10: Yes, we also support Southwest Distributors which allows us about and they're out of Clinton, Oklahoma. They have about twenty twenty five different vendors that we have access to.
Speaker 8: For all types of things.
Speaker 10: Hey, equipment to skid steer equipment to sprayers. I mean we can, we can really cover a large array of pieces of equipment.
Speaker 6: And you're right there in Pasco, right in the middle of everything. Yes, man alive. I'll tell you what You've just been kind of like a life aligned for several ranchers in the area. Like you said that that drive to Ponka is not a bad drive, but it takes time out of your day.
Speaker 10: Yes, when you're looking at two hours. Yeah, and that's hoping that you got the business in Ponca City has it to fix and it's not two weeks or three weeks. I'm stalking. When it comes to hydraulics, I have got the largest selection of couplers anywhere in the state. And I know that because I've had a couple of people get in touch with me, and I'm the only one that's had it that includes the big names in Tulsa.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 10: So I'm stalking a lot of things up to one inch. My machine doesn't go over one inch. So if it's a one inch line or smaller, I can.
Speaker 6: You got it nailed pretty much. Wow, that's pretty cool. Now do you have a Facebook page or a website or just what folks just to drive in and say hi to.
Speaker 8: No, we actually developed a web page.
Speaker 10: I think we went live in October, okay, and it's American Edge Products dot com. And then we also have a Facebook page which is American Edge Products and Instagram. And if there's something else, my daughter would have to tell you, because I'm not that guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my daughter does my stuff too, Just so you know. I just look at it and said, oh, that's nice. And daughters are great, yes, And Jessica's working very very hard for you, yes, she is. My goodness, what a what a great team you guys are making here fourteen months? I almost hear that. Yeah, that's pretty darn good run here. Yes, we started uh in November of twenty three. Wow, so right post right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and then Jessica came on part time shortly thereafter, just kind of taking care of the books. And then she came on full time in October of this year.
Speaker 6: Wow, my goodnessy. And typical day you're open Monday through Saturday.
Speaker 8: Monday through Friday Saturday, and day by appointment.
Speaker 6: By appointment, ye, because you never know, you never know, you never know. But this is great right there, just the west of Sonic in Pajusca. Yes, And of course we've got the big demo day coming up nine to four on March the first in Barnstall at JK.
Speaker 10: Well, it's going to be at Johnny Kelly's residence. Ranch is where we're going to be doing it.
Speaker 6: Okay, my goodness sakes. The other guy's a little bit busy.
Speaker 10: Yes, and Johnny is a great friend and we are so happy that we're doing this together. Our goal is farm shows are expensive and we end up having to go to multiple farm shows throughout the year, and so our idea is to make our own farm show.
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 10: And if this is successful, and we think it's going to be, we're going to possibly have one in the fall as well and try and do you know, couple times a year.
Speaker 8: We also are going to have Bill knight Ford there.
Speaker 6: Bill's a great guy.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes he is, So Bill knight Ford's going to be there. They came on board with us, so we're looking.
Speaker 8: We're looking right.
Speaker 10: As far as the demo day goes, it looks like it's going to be a really solid day and the weather looks like it's going to cooperate, which is really good.
Speaker 6: It's going to be to be a far crise of this, so it'll be about fifty to sixty degrees warmer than this.
Speaker 10: Yes, we're looking at mid fifties with three mile an hour wind, so I'm the static it's going to feel like one hundred degrees.
Speaker 6: I think yes, Jim. I want to thank you for coming in here today and telling everybody about American edge products. Watchkin, Where can we fight in Pasca.
Speaker 10: We are at seventeen oh one East Main Street in Puhusco, Oklahoma, and that's just west of quarter mile from State Highway ninety nine and US sixty junction.
Speaker 8: Or a block west Sosonic. Easy to find, easy to find.
Speaker 6: Hey, thanks for being in here.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Looking forward to seeing it again, Shu. I appreciate it all right, folks, you've been watching and listening to our community connection.
Speaker 11: When it comes to your children, it choosing the right daycare is important. You want peace of mind knowing you're putting your child in the care of the best facility. Wesley and Kitty College is a DHS three star rated Christian facility that is accredited through n ECPA and offer programs where each child's individuality is recognized and supported by loving and caring Christian teachers. For more about Wesley and Kitty College, stop by seventeen eighty silver Lake Road and see what they.
Speaker 6: Have to offer.
Speaker 2: How does Tim Howell at Arnold Moore and Nikamppulo home, No, he's done a good job.
Speaker 12: After a funeral, I'll come in. I say, guys, great job. We really hit that out of the part today. The family was well pleased. And that's the phrase right there, when a family member tells me you made this experience so much easier.
Speaker 8: Than I thought it was going to be. Thank you.
Speaker 12: That is the high five moment right there. And then six months later you run into them in a store or a restaurant and they come up to you and shake your hand, put their arm around your husband and say, this is our funeral director. He helped us so much when dad died. He is a nice guy. His staff is so compassionate and so caring. They did a great job. That is the ultimate experience. They've had time to grieve a little bit and reflect on what you've done, and they come in and they're still on cloud nine because you help them pay tribute to someone.
Speaker 8: They really cared about. It'll be all right.
Speaker 6: We'll walk through this together.
Speaker 2: Arnold Moore and Nikamp Funeral seven ten Dewey, Martelsville.
Speaker 8: We'll walk through this together.