Speaker 1: The bok About AIRCD talk station Happy Friday maybe an extra special Happy an early appearance by all of our mutual friends. Briga McGown from the Hudson Institute and I hope you follow his podcast, It's charged community Conversations. He is an expert on energy policy. He's got an extensive background in that, and he was just in New York on an energy policy issues having a discussion with an Obama Harris side of the Ledger green new deal kind of crap kind of thing. Brig him, it's great having you in studio. You can find his organization online at Hudson dot or also a professor at Miami Universe. All that is correct, I try to be a left that a whole lot if whatever your whole background, will be doing a full hour of just talking about all that you've done over the course of your life. So just you know you do it. You do have the requisite skills and knowledge and expertise to speak on energy policy, which.
Speaker 2: Is why you were invited to New York in the first place. Well, thank you very much. It's an honor to be with you. Although I think this is probably the earliest appearance I've done yet.
Speaker 1: But good for you getting up every once in a while breaking you got to you gotta start your coffee earlier, though, don't wait until six oh six when we're here to start drinking your coffee, which you just did. Going anyhow, So what did you learn in New York? It is so obvious by the out loud statements she's made, as well as her background, her on the record expressions of concern over climate change or whatever. Kamala Harris is all in. Whether you can pin her down on banning fracking or not. That doesn't play well in Pennsylvania, as you know. But she seems to be all over the board. But in true, in point of fact, she embraces this stuff and the subsidies, and she broadly takes credit for the so called Green New Deal that cost us so many trillions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, she does. And let's remember when she was President of the Senate. As the vice President, she cast a lot of tie breaking votes, including spending all this money on the Green New Deal known as the Inflation Reduction Act.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and that's probably got to go down in history as the most inappropriately inaccurate name for any piece of legislation I know. They do it all the time. But what the hell did that have to do with reducing inflation? It was an inflation inducing bill.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is, just it was just a massive spending bill in part which field a lot of this inflation we've been dealing with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and of course the other component of this, and not too many people I think care as much about it as I do. But you go all the way back to Obama and number A one twenty three and Solindra all part of this you know, growing agenda. They were given taxpayer dollars to support their good or service or whatever the hell they were providing, and they failed epically. That was government picking the winners and losers to the exclusion of maybe hundreds of other companies doing what those two companies were planning on doing. But how is it that they won the contracts and got the American taxpayer dollars and ended up serving as a great illustration of why that is a terrible thing. Market forces would have allowed competition to be selected based upon the well, the merit of whatever they were doing. You know, Oh that actually works, Let's go with that one.
Speaker 2: You know, absolutely, you know, and you've just pointed out something that's that's very important. If it's a terrible idea. If it's not gonna work, it's not gonna work. That's the whole point. If businesses either succeed or fail based on the product or service they deliver that people want at a cost competitive price. If you do that, and I'm a small business guy, you stay in business. You don't do that, you go out. Except when the government says, oh, that's okay, well here here's here's one hundred million. You're still going to go out of business. It's just going to take a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: Right. You got to burn through the one hundred million, and then you close shop. Right.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: And the other point is, even with all of these incentives that government is pouring into, like, for example, the electric vehicle industry, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Brother, if you don't want to buy an EV, a government can't make you buy an EV unless the government, through its actions, bans the internal combustion engine, which through CAFE standards, is their stated goal. You can't have I mean, if they take emissions and you know the laws of physics and the reality of the internal combustion engine. There's only so much you can remove in terms of the tailpipe. But it's a preferable and more efficient and I would say more affordable choice to buy an internal combustion engine.
Speaker 2: Well, it absolutely is. And if we took these folks at their word, and let's just all pretend that carbon is the enemy of the Earth and we have to get rid of it all.
Speaker 1: Overnight, suspending reality to do that. But okay, we're playing a game and pretend.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then you say, look, our goal is to red use the amount of carbon we're putting in the air, and we have to be cleaner. Okay, Well, then let industry figure out how to do that, and you can use different types of fuels while still using the internal combustion engine to achieve that goal.
Speaker 1: Yes, through negation of let's say carbon output at oh, I don't know, a natural gas plant and replacing it with you know what's come and Brigham a nuclear plant. There we go. You're going to remove all the carbon and it's a minimal amount from a natural gas plant compared to the cold days, right, but you get rid of that, and that would allow us to keep our internal combustion engines because overall, you've reduced that carbon output. That doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: That is that's absolutely correct, and I think we all want cleaner air. And there are there are harmful emissions that can cause asthma or increase allergies, cause breathing problems. Those are the things we should be concentrating on. But eaving that aside for a minute, nuclear it's where we need to be. And you know, if we stacked up all of the nuclear waste, which some people complain about, it would fit on a football field less than twelve feet high. I said, from the entire country since nineteen seventy.
Speaker 1: Whatever, all of it. And let me go ahead and say this out loud because of my submariner friend Cribbage Mike is out listening. He will also be the first person to point out that I think all of the ships in the Navy have been nuclear powered since what the late nineteen fifties, nineteen sixties. They haven't had any problems with any of.
Speaker 2: Them, well, all of the submarines and all the aircraft. Yeah, all the aircraft carriers since the late sixties, early seventies. Some of the smaller ships know, but they're actually powered by aircraft jetting since no kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well but it works.
Speaker 2: It does work, and so we've got this new concept and Navy folks like myself will kind of snicker and go out, it's not really new. Small modular nuclear reactors SMRs. Well, that's what the Navy's been putting in ships and submarines for four decades.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, yeah, I mean there's obviously the aircraft carriers are not run on a fuel supply that's built on something the size of three mile island. You know, it's small, it's compact, and it works. It works, and they have more than one in some cases. But what we want to do, and this is where I have to admit, the nuclear industry has been its own worst enemy at times because every reactor that we have operating in this country, no two are alike. That's the problem with the costs, or that's what creates the cost problems.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: And then we have a federal agency, nuclear regulatory agency that's spent its entire life trying not to permit a react Their job is to permit no nuclear license.
Speaker 1: These things enemy, there's no question about it.
Speaker 2: So the idea is we start to carbon copying these things and they are pretty small. I mean they're they're not going to fit inside this room, they're not going to fit inside your garage. But comparing to large scale they are smaller. So the idea is you replicate these things one after another. The design is licensed, so you don't have to go through all that each time, and they're plug and play. You can even know you need more than one. Okay here three.
Speaker 1: Right next to each other, right or spread around different geographical areas among any population center. At the bottom line is they're much easier to build and one size can fit all just depending on you know, if you got the land and the I guess the locations swell to to the power lines. But you know, if you're shutting down a gas or a prior coal fire plant, you just build it right there on next to that space and all your transmission lines are right there.
Speaker 2: It's all set up, and you know you can do that. And I've kind of wondered, like I remember down in Moscow, Ohio. Yeah, just put one there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, just don't do the did in Fukushima build it in a tsunami zone.
Speaker 2: I mean that the plants problem, that was a people engineering problem. Yeah, Like who's the idiot who chose this? What do they want?
Speaker 1: A scenic landscape so they could look out over the ocean when they went to work. Oh, by the way, we do have tsunamis in Japan and that's in the tsunami zone. Do you guys ever consider that might want to build it a little higher? Yeah, it's crazy, It is crazy. All right, Well, I'll tell you what. Let's stop here because I want to find out because when you're at New York it was sort of a it's an energy policy discussion, with you taking what I would consider the rational approach and the Obama Harris spokesperson going with pushing the the green. I want to get what their take was on the concept of nuclear because of course, you know, when the alphabets and the Googles and the Metas of the world decide their artificial intelligence centers can be run by and will be run by nuclear power, and no one in the federal government saying no, you cannot do that. I guess it just depends on who you are whether you get good efficient, carbon free power Er six fifteen fifty five K see the talk station plumb tight plumbing, plumbing done right. Call my friends at plump tight. You'd be glad you did. You got a residential plumbing issue problem. Twenty four hour day, seven day week, emergency service when your chandelier is raining like mine. They got it all. They do a great job and a plus with the better business. Their mission is to provide you with an exceptional plumbing experience. Price will be right. The folks will take great care of your home. Their customer service is wonderful. They're great with communication. Never ever had a problem with plumb type plumbing. And you know, I'd like to point out my own issue with the emergency service most recently, which wasn't an emergency and I told them, But Sunday, middle of the afternoon, wife says, you know, the backflow of I was spewing water. I'll go out there and sure enough, call plumb type plumbing or I didn't call me online plumbtight dot com scheduled the appointment. They got back with me in like five minutes. Everything okay, is emergency. It's like no, it can wait. No. They ended up showing up a day later. I just shut the water off to the sprinkler system and everything was fine. But to job and oh my god, the guy was so kind and so nice, got the job done in virtually no time and really just a nominal charge. They will take great care of you from uh Northern Kentucky all the way up to Dayton and everything in between. So call them up five one three seven two seven tight t Te five one three, seven, two seven eighty four eighty three find them online go to plumbtight dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about this thing?
Speaker 1: Babby Halloween and advance apologies on behalf of other nature. It looks like rain is likely in the afternoon and early evening hours, so hopefully doesn't impact the trick of treaters. Gotta be very gusty today as well. Seventy five for the hind down of forty seven overnight with maybe a little isolated rain Tomorrow sunny sky is sixty two over night forty one with a few clouds on a sunny Saturday. I have sixty seven sixty five degrees right now. Let's hear about.
Speaker 4: Traffic from the u See Health Triumphics Center. Count on the expert team at you See Health Orthopedics and supports medicine no matter the injury. Same day appointments available ed you Online at uce health dot com. Highway traffic continues to look good this morning. No major problems at all to deal with. Cruz ARM working with an accident on Bethany Road at Liberty Court that's between Cincinnati Dayton and the seventy five overpass. Chuck ingramon fifty five KARS the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty fifty five KRCIT the talk station, Brighamcallan in studio. Love the work that Brigham does. You can follow Brigham and check out his podcast, Regularly Charged Conversation Authority on energy policy. Of course, we were talking about nuclear being a part of it. Going back to your debate in New York, your you know, sanity versus what I would argue is insanity. Did have someone who is a you know sort of Abama Harris cut from the Green New Deal whole cloth there. What's that person's reaction to the just just looking exclusively here at the idea of nuclear power.
Speaker 2: Well, actually he didn't talk about nuclear per se, but what he did say was that he thinks Harris will double down with two priorities for all of our infrastructure, for energy infrastructure, for transportation infrastructure. And he said it's going to be based on two guiding principles, and you can probably guess what they are, Brian, But number one is climate change and number two is equity.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see here equity. How does equity apply in the area of energy policy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, energy is racist, Energy is discriminating. Energy is bad because some people can afford to have it and others can't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, that I guess lies in the face of the marxis ieteology, the idea that if there is a good or service that you need, that you should pay for it. Do they want to provide Is it free energy for all?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it is removing what they see as polluting, nasty hydrocarbon power plants from people and neighborhoods that are disadvantaged. They are, I think, saying behind the lines, without behind the scene, without saying it, that energy is going to be more expensive if we go their way, and so we're all going to have to share, We're going to have to subsidize. You've probably seen in California already there's a wealth tax on energy for people that make too much money. Your bill goes up, and I think that's part of it. But roads and bridges are apparently unfair also.
Speaker 1: So what I mean des bye sating that they're unfair. You can't continue with the idea of commerce and industry and the free flow of goods and services in the country without roads and bridges and an infrastructure like that. I guess I'm you know, these platitudes about equity or whatever. What was he offering by way of a direction or what would a Harris administration do to eradicate these so called well lack of equity or the fact that a road is racist in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, he didn't go into and that's the other party. They don't They don't really go into it. They have an answer to you. And if we look at the campaign, you know, as you mentioned earlier in the previous segment, Harris has been very careful not to talk about anything. But she she can't talk about anything because anything that she if she said what her policies really were, nobody would be buying. But part of this has to do with this sort of I don't know. New York's a great example. They think the whole country is like New York. We need more transit, we mean, we need more commuter rail, we need more bike paths. We need this, we need that, And it is a percon option that differs from the Republicans that believe that the energy and the transportation infrastructure is there to enable commerce. The Republicans talk about rivers of commerce freely flowing, removing inefficiencies from the system. The just in time inventory that we created in the US is really the backbone of the economy, and I think under a Trump world, you're going to see these go back to We're going to go back to hard merits. I think under a Trump administration, where money is going to be put where it serves the country the best and helps grow the economy.
Speaker 1: Which is beneficial to everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the whole point of highways is to get goods and people to market, and goods to market and people to Grandma's house and mobility. It's it's really that simple. Well bring them, let's we'll bring them back here. Because as to the free flow of goods and services on the highways and byways, we typically rely on this semi tractor trailer. I'm kind of wondering what the green guy had to say about that, because I know there's a big push to go with semis and from all accounts and everything I've read that is totally totally irresponsible and impossible and extraordinarily costly. Will pause more at break him down from the Hudson ins too. Find him online at Hudson dot org. After I mentioned John Ryan Prestige in Tears Interiors, getting run in touch with John for kitchen remodeling. It's all he does, really, I mean, for more than thirty years, John has done almost exclusively kitchens. He's had a couple of other projects, and they're probably from folks who had him in to do the kitchens, like oh yeah, can you do you know whatever, the bathroom or something. But in any event, kitchens are his specialty and he is a true partner when it comes to a kitchen remodeling process, from an initial design all the way through final installation. John keeps the machine well oiled, one stop chopping when it comes with John. You have something you want to change, call John you're waiting for you want to know when the crews are going to be there.
Speaker 1: John will tell you. John will arrange for the cruise. John will make sure that everything's done to your satisfaction. And I recommend strongly when you're sitting down with John talking about the future of your kitchen. Listen to what he has to say. He's got great ideas. With so many years experience, he's seen, you know, bad things that didn't work out, you know, kitchens that he's come into that had problems to start with that people want to eradicate. Storage solutions. He's got great storage solution ideas. So we took him up on pretty much everything he recommended us. We love our kitchen and you'll love your kitchen. Working with Prestige and Tiers, which is the same as working with John Ryan. What you're going to be doing a plus with the BBB. He's a sweet guy, so easy to work with. Check them out online. Prestige one two three dot com. That's Prestige one two three dot com. The number five one three two four seven zero two two nine that's two four seven zero two.
Speaker 2: Two nine fifty five KRC Spooky Hits.
Speaker 1: Channel nine says we're going to have a rainy afternoon and evening. This is today for Halloween. Gusty wins seventy five for the high overnight low of forty seven with maybe an isolated shower. Sunny skies tomorrow with the highest sixty two overnight down to forty one with some clouds and a sunny Saturday with the highest sixty seven sixty five.
Speaker 4: Now, let's see about traffic from the UCUT Traffic Center. Count on the expert team at u see Health Orthophoenix sam Sports Medicine. No matter the injuries, same day appointments are available schedule online at u seehealth dot com. Highways continue to look pretty good for your Halloween. Southbound seventy five not a problem at all through Blachlan. Same for southbound seventy one at Peifer. Crews are working with an accident on Bethany that's at Liberty Court just off of Cincinnati Day Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty here fifty five KRCD talk station. Find them on line a Hudson dot org and search for charg conversations on your podcast pages where we get your podcast. If I've carecy dot com, get Tryheartmedia, bring him account. In the studio bringing we were talking about transportation and the growing pressing demand by government to force semi tractor trailers to go green and be electric operated. Everything I have read about those makes it sound like one of the most preposterous, idiotic ideas. And this is a high bar right there, brother, to come out of government. They they will talk about an inflationary reality. Do you think groceries are expensive? Now? If we got to deliver them in electric semi tractor trailers? Oh, in addition to having to rebuild basically our nation's entire road infrastructure because they wasted damn much, Bridges would collapse under the weight of an electric semi Your take on all this and was your Obama Harris Green, person that you were arguing with in New York, did he bring any of this up? Now?
Speaker 2: Well, I answered the last question first, They don't, right, because you know, it's like, there go those darn facts. They get in the way of my policy, right. And the truth is that facts beat to policy, eat policy for lunch every day of the week. And that's part of the problem is that these policies are not grounded in reality.
Speaker 1: And well, the whole premise of this carbon dioxide as being a problem is not grounded in reality either, Brigham. Plus these models, I mean, remember you get back to the modeling that said that God us into all this mess. Oh my god, we're all going to die everything's gonna the sea's going to rise and cover New York City. It's gonna happen in ten years. Ah, you know, Greta Thunberg's gonna have an aneurysm because we're not listening to her. And here we are fast forward a couple of decades. Sorry, you know, yeah, And actually anyway, I'm sorry. I didn't want to move away from the truck thing. But you have experience, I mean, legitimate experience in the trucking industry. Let my listeners know real quick before we dive onto this problem that these EV trucks create.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. One of my first stints the military and federal government service was as the General Council of the Trucking Agency Trucking Safety Agency at the US Department of Transportation, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, which I know there's some trucker out there right now going oh lord, oh lord.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Government is a huge problem, the regulations, the what you can and can't do, and and folks, if we vote one way, it gets worse. If we vote the other way, you're going to see significant deregulation.
Speaker 1: And that would low and it's one thing that I know that Trump could do to lower inflation is this whole idea of getting more access to and refining more petroleum products into diesel fuel. To lower the price of diesel alone would lower the cost of goods because the prices would I wouldn't be as much to ship things.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And you know, one of the reasons why diesel is so expensive today is because of the EPA, the type of diesel that we're allowed to burn. Remember, diesel used to be cheaper than gasoline because it should be because it comes out of the refinery first, it's the easiest to refine. It's basically a kerosene type product. But you know, if I can comment for just a second on the EV thing, Yeah, you're absolutely right, because if we look at this, if you have an eighty thousand pound truck that can carry let's say, yeah, about sixty five thousand pounds of a freight, but instead we're going to have batteries that weigh, you know, eight to ten thousand each, and you need two of those. Now, I can't carry that much freight. So it's not just that we'd be moving to evs, it's that we're gonna have to have a third more trucks on the road. Do you want a third more trucks.
Speaker 3: On the road?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine the congestion?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And when you pass an eighteen wheeler today and it's sitting there stuck in traffic, you're paying for that. You and I are paying for that inefficiency. That's what we're trying to move, not make more of it.
Speaker 1: Well, and I suppose in the grand glorious future, as prepared by our lords and masters on the left hand side shoving us in that direction, we're not going to have cars anyway. They're going to keep us off in fifteen minute cities and so the road will be clear all this traffic, so we can have more semis on the road.
Speaker 2: Ah, you know you actually that's voud. There's a UC Davis study that came out late last year that they said that quiet part out loud. I love that saying the quiet part out loud. And they said, you know, after we do all this other stuff, it's not going to be enough. We're gonna have to live in smaller houses. We can't have cars, We're gonna have to use bikes. There's no way to get there. And Brian, if you look at every country in the globe history of the world. Countries that were energy rich have increased their standard of living, have increased their economy. There are no rich countries that are in it does not exist. They are only poor countries.
Speaker 1: So how do you make an energy rich and economically sound and successful country, oh, say, like the United States poor? You take away their energy supply, which is one of the reasons I've always argued. They don't want us to have nuclear power because it satisfies our ever growing demand for power, It allows us to remain economically viable, and of course it solves the carbon problem they claim is a problem. It's it, but it's that's the problem that they have. It is the ultimate solution for what they claim to be is the biggest existential threat to the glow. But in the back of their minds, it has nothing to do with climate. It's us that is the threat to the glow. We are an outlier in terms of our success and our prosperity. They don't want the world to mirror our standards by expanding our freedoms and liberties. They don't want that.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why anyone would be against American exceptionalism. R. I fundamentally don't understand that, and you see that in Europe.
Speaker 1: Well, it's unfair man, going back to your equity word, it's unfair. Your system has proven to be demonstrably better. You just talking about energy rich countries. You know they prosper. What the hell happened to Venezuela. There is energy rich as a country can be. They drove themselves into the toilet because they pursued a leftist socialist agenda, and everybody that was worth anything and making any dollars or had any form of education left the country. It's pass from what we'll bring bring them back, and we got that out of my system. Thank you breaking for indulging me. Six thirty seven right now fifty five K see the talk station. Get in touch with Susette Low's camp. You'd be glad you did. If you need a mortgage related issue solved. She is the person for the job. The woman I referred my daughter to said, sweetheart, quit working over that bank. They seem to be dragging their feet. Calls is at Low's camp up, Okay? They had two days later, I think it was she had financing and they're happily living in a new place love it. So proud of those two and that's thanks Suzette in a large part. Now, of course, Susette is the best in customer service. I say of course because I know that and can say that with absolute one percent confidence, more experience than anybody with thirty five plus years in the mortgage business, no junk fees, no application fees, and being with Cross Country Mortgage. I don't care which state you're sitting in. Wherever you need a mortgage taking care of, including my friends in Puerto Rico, she can handle it. So call her up. You'd be glad you did. Really a sweet lady. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Call her anytime. She'll be great about getting back with you during business hours five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, or shoot her an email Suzette dot Low's camp that's spelled los Kamp Suzett dot Low's camp at CCM dot com fifty five KRC. Jennenine says, we have a rainy afternoon and evening here on Halloween. Sorry. Plus Gusty wins seventy five for the high Open nineteen of forty seven with a few clouds, maybe an isolated rain shower sunning them. Marlett high sixty two, clouds over night forty one and a sunny Saturday high at sixty seven sixty five degrees. Now time for a traffic.
Speaker 4: Update from the UCU Traumthanks Center. Count on the expert team at you see Health orth Phoenix and Sports Medicine. No matter the injury, the same day appointments are available schedule online at you see health dot com. Must spend two seventy five continues to look good past loved one this morning, making your way toward Montgomery. You're under ten minutes out of Milford northbound seventy five and northbound Forest seventy one.
Speaker 3: Still in pretty good shape. Across the bridges.
Speaker 4: Crews are working with an accident on Bethany at Liberty Court, just off the Cincinnati Dayton Route.
Speaker 3: Jock Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's six forty two here fifty five KRC DE Talk Station. Brian Thomas with from the Hudson Institute Hudson dot org. Bring him the gown. He's the energy policy guru, knows a whole lot about it. He's been doing this kind of thing his entire life, and I don't know, you can't reveal you are familiar with hitting the ground running when the If Trump gets elected in terms of energy.
Speaker 2: Policy, yeah yeah, absolutely, I mean, and if you look carefully at what he has said, what is people have said, the bottom line is he wants to reassert America's energy dominance by unleashing our natural resources and our abilities to produce energy. Because he understands and Mike Pompeo's former Secretary of State said, you know, when you have energy, you have power. You wield power because people need what you have. When you are energy poor, people your adversaries know that you're weak. It's that simple. And then obviously, by having more affordable energy, we're more competitive in the world for goods and services. We've seen industry returned back to rust belt areas because of the shale play in eastern Ohio western Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: This stuff's real. Listen. I know firsthand about the Pennsylvania component because where my wife grew up on the little farm outside Washington, Pennsylvania, and Avela probably never heard of it. Don't blink when you're driving through you'll miss it. But that's where she grew up and what was an extraordinarily poor community. You know, you either hated a dairy farm or you might might have worked in a coal mine. They all have brand new roads, they have brand new cars, They've repainted and rebuilt barns for their farms, built new houses for themselves, all with the royalty money from the fracking that was done. Yeah, it's improved the quality of life so much in that area. It's it's just amazing.
Speaker 2: And I was talking to both Germans and Norwegians in the last couple of weeks. They're investing in America. Why their companies can't get anything done right right over there. So they are these foreign companies want to invest in the US because of energy, because of the business climate, because of the lower taxes. So the world is coming here. So this notion that we've lost industry forever, it is not true.
Speaker 1: Well see, and that's the pivoting point for Trump, you know, and when he talks about Tariff's not we'll going down that road because we're talking about energy policy today. But if the conditions are set up that way, people will gravitate and say, well, hell, let's just go set up shop in the United States. Much in the same way. Many businesses here decided because of our tax policy and structure, that they would just set up shop like in Canada or something. Remember was it Burger King that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Burger King left and went to Canada.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, right, Well that's what happens. So can we expect your tea leaf reading if Trump gets elected and his team's foot in place, including Elon Musk, which I think you and I both think is a great idea, can we expect to hit the ground immediately running on this or is it going to require Congressional action? It's kind of a gray area these days anymore. I hate to say that should be very clearly defined.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it is a gray area because you know, Congress is dysfunctional. It's been dysfunctional for decades. Remember back in the eight Reagan talked about to do nothing Congress. But we've moved far beyond that to a point where the executive branch fills that vacuum. And so there are a lot of things he can do, a lot of executive actions he can put out on day one, and I expect he will. There are directions he can give to the agency. Remember last time he told agencies you want to write a new regulation great, eliminate two and the net cost can never go up. So I think you're going to see that type of thing on steroids. I think you'll see the government getting back to the government and stopping to apply all of these labels and subjective decisions. Things will be based on merit. I think the possibility is exciting.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll come back with one more with Brigham McCown get the final points on energy policy. After I mentioned something that well everybody needs to know about. First, a reminder that you have a choice when it comes to your medical care. And if your doctor, and he will or she will say you need an MRI, I need a CT scan, echo cardiogram, and ultrasound, a lung screening, cardiac scoring. Everybody's going to get at least one of those in their life. And when you hear that, you're like, okay, off to the hospital imaging department. I better have a lot of money in my bank account, especially after the new calendar year kicks in and you're starting from scratch on that out of pocket liability. Do you have five thousand dollars for a CT scan? Do you want to spend that money for a CT scan. When you can get a CT scan in affordable imaging services for four hundred and fifty dollars, that will include the board certified radiologists report, It'll be done on the same type of CT scan equipment that the hospital uses. They just have super low overhead at Affordable Imaging Services so they can deliver on something still make themselves a profit and prove to you that it's an insane proposition to spend that kind of money to the hospital imaging department. Echo cardiogram, how about four hundred and ninety five bucks as opposed to two to three grand ultrasound two hundred and fifty bucks. Yeah, you could be in the thousands at the imaging department for that too. They got lung screening's ninety nine bucks Affordable imaging services. All images come with the radiologists report, no hidden costs, no extra charges, high quality equipment. They've been doing it for like forty years, so they know what they're doing. And I can assure you they do because my cancer doctor got my CT scan from Affordable Imaging Services and that was the foundation for my diagnosis and my treatment protocol worked fine. I wish I had a different result, but no complaints about the imaging, and neither will you five one three seven five three eight thousand five one three seven five three eight thousand online go to Affordable Medimaging dot com. Fifty five car the talk station A you, here's your nine first winning weather forecast Halloween. Happy one to you, and I hope the kids will get rained on. But it says rains likely in the afternoon hours and gusty wins as well. Seventy five for the high. Kind of have these decreased clowns which a little isolated rain overnight temper just dropping down to forty seven sonny in sixty two for the high Tomorrow over nineteen forty one with a few clowns and a sunny Saturday with the highest sixty seven sixty five degrees traffic times.
Speaker 4: Probably you see how Traffic Center count on the expert them, and you see how the Orthreed exams supports medicine no matter the injury, same thing. Appointments are available schedule online, and you see help dot com.
Speaker 3: Highways continue to look good this morning.
Speaker 4: No major problems to deal with as yet, including in bound seventy four. You're running less than ten minutes between the coal ringe split of June seventy five to the seventy five ramp. Brews are working with the wreck on Befany at Liberty Court off of Cincinnati Dayton Road.
Speaker 3: Shot Kingram on fifty five kr se LEE talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty one, coming up with six fifty two to five KSC talk station A couple minutes left with Brigham the gown to the Hudson Institute Energy Policy guy. He is with all his years of experience in a broad variety of topics and including his service to our country, which we certainly appreciate. Brigham final thoughts as we part company today. I'm going to be getting to Orlando Sonza after the top of the our news Love Orlando. MM.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: You know, we gosh.
Speaker 2: This election is uh, I think a really important. I think we have two paths that are very distinctly opposite of each other, and it's very clear, and I think, uh, you know, at least for energy policy. And uh, I think it's very important because you know, next to the cost of raw materials and people, energy is that third component that goes into manufacturing anything. It's critical to us. And uh, I think, uh, you know, from my studies and the work I do at Hudson. We believe in a strong energy security policy, which means we have to have access to as much energy as we need that is reliable and affordable. That's the that's the key ingredients, that's the recipe for success. And I'm not opposed to an energy mix, and I think we're agnostic in that regard. If it makes sense and it works and it works for you, great, let's do it. But when a government comes in and says thou shalt do this, thou shalt not do that, it skews, It skews things, and we start creating expenses that we don't need. Look at California and their cost of energy. It is intentional, man, And I mean I always use the line from Barack a bono.
Speaker 1: Your price of gas will necessarily go up, the point being there's an adequate supply, prices are low. We want you to stop using gasoline, so we're going to force the price to go up.
Speaker 2: And that's and that's really foolish because I was thinking about this earlier on the break. If if you've spent any time in Europe, you realize that their air conditioning doesn't really cool the air it conditions the air. Why, because it uses a lot less energy you walk down dimly lit hallways. There is this belief by by elitists and others that you can save your way to prosperity.
Speaker 1: That is just not true.
Speaker 2: You know, all you end up doing is making yourself poor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and more miserable and uncomfortable while you're in the process.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that doesn't mean that we shouldn't take heat of the environment. I think we all want, you know, clean air, we all want clean rivers and waters.
Speaker 1: But it's it's you know what I want plants to have, plant food. I want carbon dioxide in the air. Yeah, okay, And that's why this is one of the most absurd notions. It's supposedly that's this great existential threat to the globe. The more we exhale, the more plants grow and thrive and survive.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean you realize too, people aren't buying it because, sorry, climate is ten percent of the voters think it is. It is highly important. But when you walk around talking about this existential climate crisis, and remember the pullar ice caps which are thicker now. They were supposed to be gone by twenty fourteen, going back to the predictions. Yeah, it just it doesn't work. And you know, it's about control. It's about government control. It's about big government or limited government.
Speaker 1: And too maybe achieve their global worldview on how we're all going to live in these tiny cities and rely on public transportation and never go traveling and never leave our well, our little sort of government in post prisons. That's really what it amounts to.
Speaker 3: It's really great.
Speaker 2: And meanwhile, our enemies, our adversaries, are taking note at our weakness and.
Speaker 1: They are exploiting the hell out of it. Brigam. Look at China. They keep building coal plants, laughing at us taking over manufacturing, manufacturing evs a lot more cheaply since we have all forced them on our populations. China's like, hey, they created a market that didn't exist and wouldn't exist but for their backcrap in same policies. Let's make cheap evs that they can't compete with because they don't have energy to manufacture them. They have all the epa OSHIS standards, rules and regulations that make employments so much more expensive. This is a no lose situation for us.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's a no lowse situation. And if we're not careful, I call a unilateral economic disarmament. We're going to destroy our own economy. Yes, and that makes China even stronger.
Speaker 1: Of course it does. Brigham a down Hudson dot Org find him and listen to his Charge Conversations podcast. Brigham, it's always a pleasure having in the city of talking common sense. I appreciate your willingness to come in here and engage face to face. Wonderful thing it is, folks. I hope you can stick around. We're gonna hear from Orlando Sonza in his background does connect with voters. There's an article on that. Well, he got a good endorsement too. Orlando did Donovd and Neil from Americans for Prosperity, Hitting the home Stretch and Shenanigan's Declaration by my guest at seven point forty Carrie Davis local activists saying there's something she uncovered between an East Street house and the CEO of Roumkey. Stick around. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Your campaign Fitstock on the road to November.
Speaker 1: It's a circus.
Speaker 3: There's always something new.
Speaker 1: Happened in fifty five rs the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by