Speaker 1: It's nice eyes, Dan Ray UNTELLIM Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, Donald Trump has picked some interesting cabinet members and we want to talk about those. If you'd like to jump on board six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty or six one seven ninth three one ten thirty before we get back to Kathy from Lunenburg, who have held over since last hour, I just want to make one more announcement. On the Friday night before the election, we ran a bit of a poll in which we asked people to predict who would win the election the following Tuesday and what would their electoral vote count be. We had one winner. We have one winner. I'm going to give Paul from South Boston this hour. If you're listening tonight, Paul, you have the winner, and you will be getting a WBZ tote bag. If you do not check in with Rob between now and midnight and give your name and address and all the requirements that we need in order to get this prize to you, we will assume that you have either moved, left the country, or god knows what, but we'll have to move on, Paul. So I hope you'll understand if anyone is a friend of Paul in South Boston. He's a fairly regular call us from surprise, we haven't heard from him to claim his prize. But that's that's the way it's going to work here, Paul. We're not going to be continuing to appeal for you to call in. We'll assume that you have decided to decline your prize, and if we don't hear from you by midnight, we will move on. And I think that our next in line is Purvis. And I forget where Purvis is from, but we certainly will be able to get that information for you and find out. Matter of fact, I can probably get it for you right here. Purvis is from Pelvis. Excuse me, Pelvis. Pelvis is from Middleton, Massachusetts. He said Trump at three oh seven. It was three twelve. Paul was closer with the three fifteen. But Pelvis, you may want to call in now, just as as a precaution, if you're listening, give them. Give Rob your information so we'll be ready to give it to you if Paul get it to you. If Paul does not get in touch with us, all right, let us go back to Kathy. Kathy, you were talking about some very complicated issues feel free to try to simplify them a little bit. Make your point, and we're going to have to move on.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Kathy, yep.
Speaker 4: No, My point was just that food and what is in food more importantly affects everybody, you know, from caffeine stimulants to you know, these energy drinks at teens, drength, to the food dies that are more prominently in kids snacks and so forth, and you know, coust behavioral issues in school, and you know, and so forth, and just trickle into other problems.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't. We could give a thousand you know, kids who eat, who do not eat properly, they're overweight, We have all sorts of problems. The question is do we really want And I think this is a philosophical question, do we really want the government, whether it's the administration of Joe Bilin or of Donald Trump, telling us what can and cannot be so the grocery stores. I think that these are these are some interesting questions.
Speaker 4: It is, but I think we're at a crisis point. And you know, just from what I've seen, particularly with kids, I think we're at a crisis point. And food is just so overprocessed.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, then you would say yes, and it wouldn't matter. So if the next administration decides to come in and uh and and crack down more the the the the argument is who's who is the person best to decide what their family eats, mom and dad or the government. And I think that generally Republicans would say mom and dad. Democrats might say the government. So it's interesting. I think it's going to be. It would be interesting if if if Donald Trump, along with RFK Junior, took on this cause could be fascinating.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think the other real important point right now, what's prominent to is theack vaccines and the effect that they've played the COVID vaccine. I have not been vaccinated. I know a number of people that have, and I know a number of people who are suddenly battling cancer.
Speaker 2: But see, here's the thing on that one, Kelly, I hope you'll understand that on that issue, on that issue, you were saying, I don't want the government telling me what vaccine I can or cannot take or the food. You want the government involved. So you got you've got to have some allies who are going to agree with you. On the phone.
Speaker 4: You can twist and turn things anyway, you know.
Speaker 2: Dan, I'm just saying, Look, they say consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds. I'm just saying that, when you think about it, it really comes down to a choice. Should the government those vaccines on people? You're gonna say no, okay, absolutely. Should the government impose what can and cannot be sold at the supermarket? You're gonna say yes. Others are going to say no. I think it's a wonderful conversation for talk show hosts, and I will look forward to it.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks Kathy, Okay, not.
Speaker 2: A problem again. We should have those choices. I'm a big guy for choice. That's all. Okay, Thanks Kathy. I have a great night. Let's keep on. Let's take a break. Take a break. I don't want to short change anyone. It's eleven fourteen. I only have one line open, which is six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. That makes me very happy. Feel free to join the conversation. I'd love to know what you think about the h the Matt Gates nomination for Attorney General. I'm blown away by that. I just think that there must be better choices. Look, half the Republicans in Congress properly or our attorneys. Donald Trump knows a lot of attorneys. Is Matt Gates the best that he can come up with. I think it's a controversial choice, and I think, well, I don't think he's going to get through. I can count the Republicans on one hand. I think all the Democrats are going to say no. Has Donald Trump put him out there as a sacrificial lamb so that all of the ire of members of his own party in the Democratic Party going to focus solely on Gates. The president has a right to nominate his cabinet, there's no question about that. Jack Kennedy nominated his brother Bobby Kennedy in nineteen sixty one. President Obama nominated Eric Holder. But I don't think there was any questions about their ethics. And there's a lot of questions about Matt Gates's ethics that have swirled around him for sometime. And he also was the guy that led the charge that basically took McCarthy out as Speaker of the House. For better or worse, I think there's a lot of Republicans who want to see him fail as well. We'll see, we'll see. Let's keep our eye on that one. Let's keep our eye on the Robin F. Kennedy nomination. The only line is six one, seven, two, ten thirty. That's the only one you should be down in at Chessfield. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan ray line from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z news Radio.
Speaker 2: The New York Times is reporting tonight that President elect Trump has picked North Dakota Governor Doug Bergham to be Interior Secretary. So, uh, the Trump team is hitting the ground running. Let's go next, Let's go to the calls. Let's go too. Daniel in West Virginia, Daniel in West Virginia, welcome back. How are you sure? I am good? Dan?
Speaker 3: I just want to say before we get started, I'm a very blue person. That the very red state which did not used to be so red, but oh it used to.
Speaker 2: It used to be a very democratic state and uh not so long ago, and that it flipped very quickly.
Speaker 3: Yes, it did much too much to my well, I don't like it. Let's just put it that way. We'll we'll never have another senator like the great Robert C.
Speaker 2: Bird. But anyway, Matt, so you're a Robert Bruyd guy. Okay, I wasn't a fan of Robert Buruyd. What do you think about the new senator with his with his English bulldog? Senator James Justice, your former governor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like him either. He was liked as a Democrat and changed to a Republican while he was in office.
Speaker 2: How do you How do you like his dog? His dog? I saw his dog today on television. It's a cute dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it kind of looks like, actually, go ahead, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, yeah, Matt, Matt Gate's good Greek. I mean that that just completely blows my mind. Such a I mean, it's crazy, man, I understanding Why do you.
Speaker 2: Think why did Trump do that?
Speaker 3: Do you think because he wants to create chaos and mayhem? I think that's the reason.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, so if you think it's in Donald Trump's interest to nominate someone who probably is going to have to withdraw, I mean, what will happen is they'll come up to a voter and they'll say, look, we got thirty five votes and he needs not even close to what they need. I don't understand that. The only way I can figure it out is that if he feels that by doing by nominating Gates, all of the fury and the outrage of Democratic senators will focus on Gates and that that will make it an easier way for some of the other cabinet nominees to get through. Or do you think I'm crazy when I when I posit that.
Speaker 3: As an idea, I mean, I don't know. I just I just think the man wants to create chaos and Mayhem and like RFK for Department of Health and Human Services.
Speaker 5: Good grief.
Speaker 3: If he would have been the secretary during COVID, we would still have COVID going on at least, that's my opinion.
Speaker 2: That's a legitimate that's you have a right to European I think that the Matt Gates nomination is one unto itself in my opinion. I mean, my question is, you said he wants to create chaos in Mayhem. Why would he want to create chaos in Mayhem for his own second term in office? Didn't you have enough in the first term.
Speaker 3: Well that's just the way the man's mind works. And obviously I did not vote for him, No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: No, I understand. I'm just trying to figure out some way why how that benefits him. I don't know. You know, there were some of his nominations that I think the Marco Rubio nomination is one that we'll get through pretty easily. I think he has respect amongst both parties. Ratcliffe as a former Texas congressman, and he's been involved Telsey Gabbert Director of National Intelligence. I think that that's a good nomination. I think that she is a disenfranchised Democrat or disenchanted Democrat, I should say, but she was a Democratic congresswoman elected several times from Hawaii military veteran. So I think some of his picks make sense. But the Gates pick, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the one that blows my mind the most. I mean, what's going to be next. He's going to nominate Elon Musk for Secretary of the Department of Labor or something. I mean, that wouldn't shock me at all.
Speaker 2: Well, he's got him in a new department that doze, the Department of Government Efficiency, government deficiency, and hey, if if must can find money that is being I don't want my tax dollars being spent inefficiently. I I'm and I'm sure you don't either.
Speaker 3: Nope, I certainly don't. And something else that completely blows my mind. Dan, I'll tell you, you know, why do people in poor states like West Virginia and Kentucky vote for all these Republicans that are going to do absolutely nothing to help them?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Do you think I think the Democrat?
Speaker 2: I think the Democrat. Look, the result speaks for itself. People may be poor in West Virginia and Kentucky, but they're not stupid. Uh And although you disagree, which is perfectly understandable, the Democrats. Apparently these folks feel the Democrats have have made a lot of promises and haven't followed through. That's the only that's the only rationale I can come up with. Most people vote in what they perceive to be their self interest, and that may be true.
Speaker 3: And of course people vote with their pocketbooks, right.
Speaker 2: Well, that that defines you, That defines yourself interest. Okay. I mean, if if you've hit upon hard times and you feel that it's the fault of the Biden administration, I don't think you're going to be particularly inclined to vote for his vice president, do you.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the way a lot of people look at it. You know, It's like, well, the cost of gas is too high. The cost of eggs is too high.
Speaker 2: And you know, well you go to look you let me ask you this, Well, you go to the grocery store, do you you must feel that that that additional cost. Everybody does. I'm the shopper in my family. I know what eggs cost, I know what gasoline costs. We finally are a little bit below three dollars a gallon. Here where I can find gas at two ninety five. Now, it's been a long time. It's a long time, Daniel. I appreciate you, probable.
Speaker 3: Please two fifty four here right now?
Speaker 2: Well, you're doing better than we are. Hey, do me a favorite. Please keep listening, and please keep calling. I want to get different points of view, and yours oftentimes is a different point of view. And I thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for taking my caul, Sir.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you later, absolutely looking forward to it. Let me go next to where we're going to go here, I know we're gonna go. Let's go to Patrick and Charlestown, Patrick next on nightside.
Speaker 5: How are you how you doing?
Speaker 6: Daniel?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 6: Listen, so good, good good. So the one thing I wanted to bring up is about this Matt Gates thing that I think is that I think is that that I think is really prophetic, as it says we are in charge, we are not sorry, we are serious, and we are coming after you if you broke the law, and your days of being in charge of the law and who gets prosecuted and who doesn't are over and you should scared because we're coming. And the days of Trump hiring Republican establishment people to fill professional major roles. Examples William Barr, John Bolton, Jeff Sessions who did not clash the Russia hoax when he could have and probably flipped Congress in twenty eighteen. All of these old school Republicans aren't one thing. They aren't loyal. And in the position of Attorney general, it's less important to be the world's greatest trial attorney because we will have those working under him. It's far more important to have somebody who is a true ally of Trump's policy goals, and Matt Gates is exactly that. And that's why they are so surprised, because it shows we are bringing our one hundred miles an hour fastball and we are serious and you should be scared.
Speaker 5: And I love it.
Speaker 2: So here's my question to you, Uh, what do you think? Tell me what you we may disagree. What do you think the chances are that Matt Gates's nomination will make it through the Senate, that he'll get he'll get the necessary votes.
Speaker 6: To be I don't I don't know, but you know Trump Trump is going to have this problem with all of his nominees.
Speaker 2: He think, hold on, let's just have a conversation. I gave you a good two minute speech there for a second. Do you think he's gonna have that trouble with with Mario, with Marco Rubio?
Speaker 6: I think he's going to have trouble with all of them, I really do.
Speaker 2: I mean, so, Okay, if you and I were either one of us are betting men. But if you and I were were betting men, Okay, what do you think the over under is on Matt Gates? Right now?
Speaker 6: Let's be real, I'd say I don't know about over I'd say is about a one in four one and three chances of being approved, and it's it's real. The thing is, though it's brilliant, it's a brilliant political ploy, if it doesn't work, because what's going to happen is he's going to be able to put in somebody just a little bit more tolerable than him. That is also an ally of Trump's policy initiatives.
Speaker 2: And so I assumed that, I assume that he has the pick of a bunch of lawyers. But this guy has has been dealing with Now again they're allegations are pedophilia. Okay, yes, I mean, well, I don't think Joe Biden, please don't go I know where you're going to go here. Please don't go there because I'm enjoying the conversation too much. Okay, please please not me.
Speaker 6: I mean it was his daughter's a diary general. I mean, but I won't. I won't go there.
Speaker 2: You want to go, well, I'm just saying that that that has been discredited. I just I'm not gonna entertain the conversation. I want to give you a conversations to what I'm saying here. Okay, We're not going there, Okay, on this program. It means you I go there within another programs, I'm not going there in this program, yes, okay. So now my question is this, are there no other lawyers who would be as tenacious and be as tough as Matt Gates who don't have pedophilia allegations. He's been investigated by the House Empics Committee. Well, do you know, have you ever watched the guy on television, Trey Goudi from a congressman from South Carolina. I'm sure you have. He's pretty yeah. Yeah, I mean I think he would be a great Now, he would be controversial because thet's Hey, he's a politician, just like any of them. I mean, the Democrats are not going to I mean, none of these people are going to be approved one hundred to one hundred to zero. I know that there's going to be thirty five Democrats who are going to vote against all of them. But I think Lee Zelden will be approved. I think that the former governor of Arkansas, Huckabee, will be approved. I think I think no, Christy, No, they.
Speaker 6: Want people, they want neuted people. We're not We're not doing that anymore.
Speaker 2: We're in name name me one neuted people, namely one neuted person that that Trump has nominated so far.
Speaker 6: Uh not in this not this go around, not this go around. But you know, and there's no more Mitt Romney's and there's no more.
Speaker 2: Okay, Republic, I don't think Mitt Romney ever had a chance to be nominated. I think we can agree upon that. Patrick, we're up to eleven thirty. I appreciate your calling. You're always a tough caller. But do me a favor when when Gates is confirmed by the US Senate, I want you to call me and I want you to take a huge victory lap.
Speaker 5: And he might not be.
Speaker 6: If he's not, he's going to be. He's going to be a senator. He's going to be take that senator spot in Florida, So get used to calling him senator. If he's not a g h.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll tell you what we'll we'll see what happens. But if he's, if he's not approved, I hope you and I know, because you're from Charlestown, you'll be man enough to call me back and say, Daniel.
Speaker 6: I'll call you back then. I appreciate you very much as always.
Speaker 2: Back you have a great night. Okay, we'll take a break. The only lines that are available right now were six one, seven four thirty. Uh, both of the other lines are packed, soho dial six one, seven, two five four ten thirty will get John before midnight. I promise RFK Secretary of Health and Human Services. I think that he'll get through. I do. I don't think Gates will get through, but I could be wrong on both or all of them. We'll be back on Nightside right after the News at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: The night Side, Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to the call as we go. Where we're gonna go next. Mike is in Beverly, Mike next on Nightside.
Speaker 5: Gott ahead, Hey, good name Dandy and me.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, here you find Mike right ahead.
Speaker 7: So I like his picks.
Speaker 5: I understand that.
Speaker 7: Hello, think about the Matt Gay spot, I get it, you know, But I I here's a lot of people you would not expect as far as Picstow. But I can tell you you know, it's a bold move. I get it, you know. I didn't even think of the Trey Goudie picked Giance. I listen to Tray all the time. He's a good, good person.
Speaker 2: But well, I also think he's he's a former prosecutor, he's, you know, a former member of Congress. I think that he would bring a lot more to the table. And I just wonder why Trump is spending political capital. I mean, you know, some of these picks would be tough to get through. I think he'll get most of them through, if not all of them, other than Gates. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 7: But the RFK part, though, I think it is I don't mind it. I think he's really good because you know, I was talking to somebody today about you know, our food. There's so much additives in it that they don't allow in like Germany or somewhere over there, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's we we we have a very we we want choice and all that. I mean, there's all that's It's interesting that normally the Republicans will say, hey, keep the government out of the out of the boardroom. Well, this is one where the government now wants to go into the boardroom and say to these cereal companies, which is probably great. I mean, I I have a cereal that I get from awake in one to eighty every morning. That's that's my breakfast. It's delicious, and it's uh, there's low calories, and it's it's not artificially sweetened. And that's a that's part of the key to my success of having lost thirty five pounds and keeping it off if I was eating a lot of that. You look at a lot of the breakfast cereals and a lot of it is is pumped up with with junk, and hey, uh, I don't eat those cereals. So I'm not gonna go out and demonstrate and say, hey, you're taking gocoa puffs off the market. I want my gocoa puffs or whatever, the the whatever the worst offenders.
Speaker 5: Are, I get it.
Speaker 7: I just don't know how you how you think government is in that would be in the in the food by if they're just saying, you know, we moved this part and whatever this ad event, I want to even whatever you call about it.
Speaker 2: Well, normally, normally I use this short of shorty ind term, and that is that generally Democrats are more concerned with the government being in the bedroom, and the Republicans are more concerned with government being in the boardroom. You know. The libertarian friends don't want don't want the government in the bedroom or the boardroom. Uh. And it's just a little bit of a switch here. I mean, Robert F. Kennedy Junior comes from a different perspective. It's worked out for Donald Trump, It's worked out for him, and who knows, maybe to work out for the American people, I'll say, give it a shot. You know they were elected.
Speaker 7: Give my how depicts what Mike brompeo. But I think Mike has some medical stuff going on because he lost some way Way Draska recently, so I think he has stomach surgery done or something. So I wondered that's why he is picking because I think Mike was a good pick the last administration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was I thought a really good you know, Secretary of the Defense of Defense did a great job. He was I think number one in his class at West Point and number one at Harvard High School. But I think that he was thinking. He was one of the reasons I think he lost weight. I hadn't heard he was sick. But one of the reasons that he had lost weight, in my opinion, was he was thinking about running for the office, and maybe that turned turned up against him. I don't know, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just know I've seen him recently and he lost a drastic recently, so that was my thing.
Speaker 2: But again I've read nothing about that, so maybe it's true, but maybe you're speculating, but I've not heard that per se so. Hey, Michael, I was clearly lost a lot of weight, no doubt appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Hey, thanks quick comma damn well, last guys, quick comment about the thing last night, about the homeless thing last night. You're way off talked back about the drug addiction as a person long term recovery. You guys have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Was that part?
Speaker 7: How hot is it to get one day clean?
Speaker 5: You guys think.
Speaker 2: I have had personal experience with friends of mine who were heroinautics. Okay friend, okay, uh, they were friends. I didn't know they were heroinadutics. My hat goes off to anyone who's able to beat that addiction. We had a guy on in the in the eight o'clock hours tonight. His name was Faust Rgario just wrote a book on how to fix your addiction. You should listen. Go to Nightside and Demand sometime tomorrow and listen to the beginning of the eight o'clock hour. I stand second to none in admiration of people who have beaten this a beaten any type of addiction, but particularly alcoholic drugs. Just so you know, because the.
Speaker 7: Guy another and you know Hallway another network that as a friend of mine. He susould talk to them about.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Is it a guy I think you're talking about a guy I worked with.
Speaker 7: No, he's done. He's another network. He's in your building down the hall. That as a friend of mine that's been clean as long as me, that he knows well about it. He can help your few information.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. Let me tell you, Mike, Mike, let me. Let me. Let me tell you something. I've had close, close personal friends who I have worked with for years, for years who went through heroin addiction. I could identify them because their public figures and their story has been out there, but I choose not to. So I know what you're talking about. I know what you're talking about, and I had I had on the show recently, a great friend of mine, Ted Wayman, who works at Channel five, who was at Alcoholic and he beat alcohol. That's why I thought you were referring to. But No, leave the other name out of it. I gotta go.
Speaker 5: I don't want to, I know.
Speaker 2: I congratulations, congratulations on your recovery. Thank you, sir, go and talk to you too. Let's go next to Cape Don the Cape Christ and the Cape Chris and Cape Cod. Welcome Chris, how are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Hi?
Speaker 2: Dan uh Hello.
Speaker 5: I've got to I've got to agree with your comment earlier that Gates is a sacrificial lamb.
Speaker 8: But is he?
Speaker 5: I think with the rapidity that I mean, how how quickly he resigned from his position, the chessboard is is open and clearly. Uh. That allows his his representative steep to be rapidly filled in time, perhaps by January third or fourth.
Speaker 2: I don't think they can fill it. That. I don't think under the law in Florida they can fill it. That's eight weeks. Well, I think the eight week eight. You know, Christmas will be in one. I mean today's the fourteenth. So whatever he lives that, they probably won't lose the seat.
Speaker 5: In his district. It's it's definitely going to be a Republican that would fill his seat.
Speaker 2: Right, agree with you?
Speaker 5: Gates goes and Rubio hasn't resigned.
Speaker 2: Right, oh, but he will.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that delays that and for enough time for Gates to get slaughtered by a Republican majority Senate and then he runs for Rubyo's seat, wins it clearly, and then the real candidate or ag comes forward having slaughtered one Republican. I don't think a Republican led Senate can afford in this climate, given the mandate of the past election.
Speaker 2: I agree, No, I think, yeah, I think you're right. For Gates, it's a big gamble. He had a safe congressional seat at the same time. I guess there was this ethics report that I've read conflicting reports that because he resigned, the ethics report might never see the light of day. But I guess these senators are now saying, even Republican senators, we want to see that report. So I think it's fascinating. Let's see how it works out. I certainly don't think he will be the next attorney general, but I've been wrong on other things. But I have to take a position and tell you what I think. I owe that to my audience. So do you think do you think that there's any way he gets he gets confirmed as an Attorney general? I don't see that.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I think it's a planned uh okay, slaughter, Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not disagree with you. I'm not disagree with you at all.
Speaker 5: Chris, appreciate you dealing with the Donald Trump, who is the master negotiator, and he'll let one slide. But can you imagine him, that is, Gates coming back as a senator and sitting with fellow senators that have slaughtered him in his nomination process. That's another sort of Machiavellian strategy.
Speaker 2: But I guess it is, and and you might well be right. The only question is that if in the if in the process, the confirmation process, a lot of the information that may may not be public at this point comes out, does some other Republican die in Florida? And there are members of Congress, you know, any member of Congress, and there's a lot of Republicans in Congress who might say, hey, I'll give up my seat in the Senate in the hope of give up my seat in the House and the hope of becoming a US senator. Sure, I mean, so, who knows. We'll see how it plays out. But you called me back. If it works out exactly as you suggested, Chris, you've got a victory lap right here on Night's side.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, good night, Dan, good night, take.
Speaker 2: It easy, appreciate it, Chris, So take a very quick break. Okay, what have we got for open lines? I got two at six one seven two it there and one at six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. We're talking about President Trump's cabinet selections. My sense is that some of you might know might not know who all these folks are. Uh, you could just pick one or two and say whether you think they're good, bad, or indifferent. I think the Kennedy selection is interesting. Many people said that position is going to go to Ben Carson's. Kennedy might get a position, but he certainly not going to get the head of the Secretariat Secretary of Health and Human Services. Kennedy has that the big surprise is the Matt Gates domination at this point, and I think it is a I think Gates is a sacrificial lamb. You've heard my theory. I'd love to hear yours. We'll be back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Well, we will continue talking about Donald Trump's selections for his cabinet, some of which will be accepted and some of which won't be trust me on that. Let's go next too. I'm going to go up to Brian out in Franklin, Hey, Brian out in four ninety five Territory. How are you tonight.
Speaker 9: This is the story of the one who, as a maintenance specialist for historic high rise knows that vintage charm historically needs constant attention, which is why when it's time to upgrade, turn at the century mechanicals. They turned to Granger with easy access to a million plus products and the scale to deliver when and where you need them. The right tools and supplies are never far away, so the one can keep that vintage building running like new Call click Ranger dot com or just dop buy Ranger for the ones who get it done.
Speaker 8: Hey Dan, I'm doing good. How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great. Which cabinet position would you like to talk about?
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, I was calling in because you brought up a good point about Gates and like the sacrificial lamb. I and I think that when you said it brought up Prey Goudy. I thought to myself, you know, if he is that lamb, this will be a good opportunity for the Republicans to show that they have some resistance backbone against Donald Trump, to you know, show America that they're not just going to do everything that he says or everything he wants, you know, so like that would be a good good uh. You know, I'm looking at this as like political chess. And then like say, all right, if you want to have an office of you know, spending government spending efficiency, then like let's call up on Paul Rand. Paul, let's get some Libertarians in there. And then maybe at this point, why don't we step across the aisle like we did with Tulcy Gabbert and you know, offer some Democrats some jobs. And you know, I'm not saying we should put Elizabeth Warren as Secretary of Treasury, but I know I look at things as like you know, the session of the presidency and you know, as a constitution as a whole. So and you know, when you're picking these people and here you got to think about things like that, unfortunately. But yeah, well I think it's the United States government, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean the problem is that in terms of you know, Trump's persona he is, he is not a Republican that a lot of Democrats want to associate with. Obviously, you know, Bobby Kennedy Junior is there and he's been reward Telsey Gabbert is there, and I think they're there for all the right reasons, and and she's she's been rewarded. But I don't know how many Democrats that I could think of that Donald Trump could work with. Now, maybe there's some in private business who but amongst the political class, I don't know. I don't know, But I just the the Gates nomination is one that kind of mystifies me, because there are good, solid Republicans, you know who either you know, either are serving in government or outside of government, who would have been good. I mean, I I'll tell you you have a you had a former US attorney here in Boston, Andy Yella Lelling, who was a Republican nominated and he was nominated by Trump. I'm pretty sure, and solid as a rock. So there's plenty of Republicans. I just think the Gates thing is weird.
Speaker 8: I mean it's honestly. I woke up, I turned on the news, I saw that.
Speaker 5: I laughed.
Speaker 8: I just was like, Okay, then that's how we're going to start off today on the news, Like that's an interesting pick. Continue today and see what else he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean most of his other picks, I think, you know, some of them have been a little edgy, but I think you know, Marco Rubio's pretty solid pick for Secretary of State, Huckabee the ambassador of Israel. That that's an easy one. No one's gonna fight that, I don't think, so we'll say. We'll say. Brian always great, dear your voice, Thanks very much for joining us. I want to get one more in before I have to shut the shut the studio down.
Speaker 8: Okay, yes, thanks Dan for doing your job.
Speaker 2: Well, do me a favorite. Keep calling the show. I love to hear different voices. You've called before, have you not?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 8: I like to call when I'm driving down the pike.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, be careful, good night. Let me go to Brianna and Everett. I know Brianna, Hi, Brianna, how are you?
Speaker 10: Why Dan, how are you? I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are your children? Everybody behaving themselves?
Speaker 10: I hope, yes, they are getting there, growing every day.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what's happens when you feed them, so you know, be aware. So, so what's your thought on some of the names that President Trump has now nominated to be to be in his cabinet.
Speaker 10: So, Dan, I put on my when I look into your show, I put it on my my other my tablet, and I think it's backtracked to I think it was maybe last night show because I was hearing about the homeost encampment thing, and I wasn't hearing about the this, so I was calling in about that. Is there any way I can just speak a couple of minutes about that.
Speaker 2: You're talking about Brockton out of all? Yeah, absolutely, no, absolutely, Well what happened was we were supposed to talk about the denominations last night, but the Brockton topic just lit up, and the phone calls were very, very interesting, and we did three hours on Brockton. So go ahead, if you want to talk about Brockton, go right ahead. Thank you for thank you for telling me and explaining to me. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I am a recovering addict. I have four years clean, thank you. And I've been homeless and I've lived that life and it's very very hard. There's like a fluped outside. I think that maybe the encampment there, some of them aren't like keeping them clean and then making crashing around like that's just to me, that's just disgusting because and I don't mean to be like offensive to anybody it's just that I understand that you're homeless. I live that life, and it's it's tough, but you are still a human being and you still need to think of other people that you're around. There's children, there's you know, like right now, my my mother and my father have temporary custody of my children and coming half on four years clean, you know, it's like I'm trying to get them back and I was almost for so long and now I'm finally in a place where they're helping me get housing. And it took forever to get here. But basically I want to let like everyone know that, like you're not alone, Like it's possible. It might take some time, but like you'll get there.
Speaker 2: And Banna, that's an inspiring message, okay, of hope and resiliency. Unfortunately, we're flat out of time, but I I'm so glad you called h and left that message. It's a great point to end our program on. We're going to do more on this topic, I'm sure, and I want you to continue to call and continue to listen because your voice is important on this conversation.
Speaker 10: I will Dan, thank you so much. I have a great night you too.
Speaker 2: Brianna, best best wishes, Congratulations. It's amazing that people can actually survive and prosper and Branness do him great. My name's Dan Ray. I'm dumbing to night Rob Brooks, thank you very much. I'll end as always all and Marita as well. I'll always end as always all dogs, all cats, all pets go to happen. That's why Pal Charlie Rays were passed sixteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who were passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe we will see them again and I hope to see again here on night Side. Have a great Friday everyone. I'll be on Facebook in just a couple of seconds. Facebook Nice started with Dan Ray. Check us out. Thanks everybody.
Speaker 9: This is the story of the one who as a maintenance specialist for historic high rise and knows that vintage charm historically needs constant attention, which is why when it's time to upgrade, turn at the sun Tree Mechanicals. They turn to Granger with easy access to a million plus products and the scale to deliver when and where you need them. The right tools and supplies are never far away, so the one can keep that vintage building running like new. Call Clickgranger dot com or just dot buy Granger for the ones who get it done