Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, Welcome, welcome, welcome in this time now for our community, get action right here on K one, the one you trust. And we have OKAM music in here with us today. Oh my goodness sakes, we have Jacob, we have Madeline, and we have Jaselle.
Speaker 2: How are we doing, Jiselle?
Speaker 3: Good are you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, big time at OKM. Hot and cool at the same time, a little warm out there at well rockbedd. It was a cool time all the way around. Tell us a little bit about the success of what we had going on here.
Speaker 3: Well, the festival was amazing yet again, we had world class musicians at all three of our shows during the mainstage festival, at our showcase series, we had world class musicians, local talent, young musicians. It was a great celebration of music.
Speaker 1: Now, Jacob, did you get a chance to have a little fun with this or what was your role in it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I did a lot of stuff with our especially for kids festival, which we had hundreds of kids show up, all sorts of events like art immersions, puppet shows, story times, instrument workshops and like so much more.
Speaker 2: So many kids were there.
Speaker 5: Uh and just seeing the kids smiles was so so priceless.
Speaker 2: My goodness sake.
Speaker 1: So you know, I saw some pictures of that that they came back from I think Craig's photography, and it.
Speaker 2: Kept showing our esteemed Rose looking like she had a halo globe, going go oh, I like that. And Madeline, how was your internship so far?
Speaker 6: Mine's been very good. I've learned a lot and it's been an amazing internship.
Speaker 2: What did they have you doing.
Speaker 6: I've done a lot for the tea for especially for kids. I was Elsa and just like some behind the scene work. But yeah, I've learned a lot.
Speaker 1: So you got to be a little bit of a performer as well as behind the scenes at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yes, kind of like Gisell over here.
Speaker 1: Goodness things now we had the Keyboard Orchestra is something that.
Speaker 2: Mary Lynn tells.
Speaker 1: Me we might be one of the only communities in the world that has a keyboard orchestra or.
Speaker 2: Youth keyboard orchestra.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, our Keyboard Orchestra, as far as we know, is the only year round program in the nation we have. It's very popular. We have kids on the wait list and their performances are just amazing. A lot of people say, if I close my eyes, I wouldn't know it was a ton of kids on pianos.
Speaker 2: Worked out great, worked out great.
Speaker 1: Now. We also have some scholarships that I know that have always been on the website. But those are pretty pretty darn nice, Jacob, Do you know anything about the scholarships do you like to talk to us about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we have the Thomasin and John Malllett Music Scholarship, which is for ages four to eighteen, which provides one thousand dollars to students pursue music education, which is just so important.
Speaker 2: Oh it is.
Speaker 1: And once again, if you go to okay Music dot org you can read about how to apply and how.
Speaker 2: To go about.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be great. We've got some big things coming up. Everyone thinks, oh, well, festival, Well, what do you do the right Well, I'll tell you if they do the rest of you. OKAM has a lot of fun raising funds. One of those is Octoberfest. Can you tell us a little bit about that matter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Octoberfest is coming up. It's gonna be October fourth, and it's gonna be there's gonna be lots of food, music, games, dancing and activities for the whole family, and tickets will go for sale on August fourth.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know what it seems like. Oh well October, Well it's not that far away. I'm just here to tell you he'll be right up on you and you'll be ready to party too.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: And of course if you go to the website Okaya music dot org and tell you a little bit more about it, I know that right now, Maryland, the whole crew, you guys and gals, are putting this together, put the acts together, making sure that beer steining holding petition goes off with that a hitch that is something else. Watch some people just actually hold beer get warm that way. I think too much, Okay, maybe not enough. We also have a Chris Kindle Market coming up. That's a fun one. That one sparkles.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Chris Kindle Market is going to be extra special this year because we're partnering with wool Rock. So we've had multiple venues throughout the year, but wool Rock is going to be where our Chris Kindle Market is. It's going to be in line with their Festival of Lights, So come out to see the lights. And then shop some local vendors. We're going to have handcrafted goods, foods, live music, and then of course Santa and Missus Klaus are going to be there. Those tickets will go on sale September twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's the I remember last year. It was just so darn cool. Now we're partnering with will Rock on this one. That's always changes just a little bit. Yes, it's a third or fourth venue. I think I've witnessed here in the last six years or so. So always a surprise, always a surprise. Giving Tuesday is coming up as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hashtag Giving Tuesday is on December second and will feature Oklahoma native and Okay Festival performer Grady Nichols for a jazz Christmas concert. And those tickets sales will be coming out soon now.
Speaker 1: Grady had such an awesome performance at Okay If you didn't get a chance to see him out there at will Rock on that ninth stage, I like that setup. That setup was really wonderful. But I got to tell you that was probably one of the smoothest performances I've seen with the three piece band, and they made it sound like an orchestra. Yeah, it was that that was just puer pleasure the whole time. Nicholas Day we got some fun with kids too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So the last thing we're doing this year is Saint Nicholas Day on December sixth, where we'll have families enjoying the day of giving story times, sweet treats and check that out on our website on the especially for kids tab okay at music dot org.
Speaker 1: You know, I think all in all, I can kind of gauge well, had a lot of fun so far on the summer internship.
Speaker 2: Tell us a little bit about your highlight.
Speaker 1: I know that being a little bit of a performer was kind of cool, but everything else of some takeaways that folks might not really expect from being an intern.
Speaker 6: My takeaways were learning a lot of stuff like marketing, like stuff you wouldn't like really expect, but just stuff behind the scenes that I learned that can help me with like my future jobs. And I've learned so much. I've got a lot of experience from all of this. So that was my key.
Speaker 2: Takeaway, and Jacob, what was yours?
Speaker 5: I think for me some time I'm a music ed major, getting to work with the kids and help plan some of the kids events. I was really really helpful for me and I really enjoyed that.
Speaker 3: Joshelle, I always love meeting the performers every year. Like I said, these are world class musicians coming out to Bartlesville and Tulsa, So it's a really great opportunity to meet them and hear what they have to say. For young musicians like.
Speaker 2: Me, there you go.
Speaker 1: You know, you play a violin and she plays it almost like effortlessly, like you and I will breathe. She's all over that thing and she can sing at the same time. So I'm imagining some of those artists are asking you questions like how do you do that?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? Now you're going to what school? This show?
Speaker 3: Oklahoma State?
Speaker 2: Oklahoma State, and Jacob, I'm going to owe you.
Speaker 6: I go to University of Arizona.
Speaker 2: Oh very good. Yeah, we got a transplant it here like that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But this has all been a very fun year and still lots more to go.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I want everyone to visit the website. It took a lot of work to make it so easy to travel on. I'm in my mid sixties and I don't get lost there anywhere else hits the crap shoot, but I can navigate this one pretty well. And if you want to learn a little bit more about the scholarships, you want to learn more about Octoberfesson, what kind of fun that's going to entail, if you want to get ready for a whole new kind of Chris Kindle market as well as prepare for giving Tuesday Saint Nicholas Day, or just find out more about OKAM music.
Speaker 2: And how this all got.
Speaker 1: Started many many years ago, I think forty one and a half years ago.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying yeah, I'm getting the high sight. Yeah, you pass the man test.
Speaker 1: I just go to okmmusic dot org. Do we still have the Sugar Plumb shop hanging out there at the main office.
Speaker 6: Yes, we do. We just had a giveaway, a bunch of giveaways yesterday for July first. It turned out very good. But we're open from ten to five every day except Saturdays and Sundays. But there's a lot of good stuff in there. You can find some good finds in there.
Speaker 1: Well. My daughter and Miss Susie I had the privilege of performing with this year with the Suns of Beaches, and right before our show they saw some yummies in there. They can't keep them away from the candy. But you kind of live up to that sugar plum business there with that, so that sounds pretty good. But you got all kinds of souvenirs and everything else, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have lots of gifts. We have different holiday items, home decors, kitchen, just about anything you need you can hop in there find that, And I would say it's a great stop if you're looking to buy someone a present.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and also you can make a few friends in there too, because the office help is really wonderful, very friendly, and if you have any questions about OKM, they'll do everything they can in order to get that answered. And you might even see mister John and zipping around he moves still at the speed of light time. Do you believe I don't know how he gets that energy. Man, By golly, I want to case that and also say hi to Mary Lynn while you're in there, and Ms Rose as well. I want to thank you all for coming in today and representing OKM so very very well. All right, good on you there, ladies and gentlemen. You have been watching and listening to our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust