Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I'm your host, Sean Gmer, here with me as usual, mister Murk Morrison. Well again, if you didn't join us last week, this is the normal time that we were going to be doing the episode around the five is Sixtus there, we would have started on time, but I discovered that on Facebook. Apparently got banned by Facebook for some reason, so that kind of delays stuff. But who cares. We're here. We're gonna be talking about all this shit. Well, the three main showcases, because I don't know what else Mark watched. I watch, say at the devs and I think that's about like half of the Future Games one, and yeah, did you watch any other one? Now, well we'll talk about the three big ones, Xbox You'd be Soft and Summer Game Fest and yeah, the Devolver one. I forgot to rewatch it because I was rewatching it sort of on like half mute and half not and it just made me laugh most of the time. The games were like went by so quick, it say, you don't really do so, yeah, we'll get to that and all this stuff. So, oh right, well, just in case your first time watching or listening, we do do the show live on Mondays in the afternoon time. You can watch it live on YouTube, on Twitch, on Facebook, Twitter that's two networker where on my Twitter w TM seawan and at some point if my Facebook started working in uh me on Facebook uh and then yes, if you watch live, go hit subscribe. All that stuff that you do on YouTube especially because that helps us. Not only do you get what we do here video against the max every time we do an episode, but you also get the other stuff that's part of the channel. We have an awesome anime show, Taco Cafe that they do everything that has to do with like the new anime that comes out every season. They cover a lot of those, and obviously the returning ones that a lot of people watch, you know, all the known ones. They will watch those as well. So if you're into big time and anime, go watch their stuff, go listen to it. That's a Taco Cafe on the podcast. And then on the movies entertainment side, we got the Relets of broadcasting folks. They do everything has to do with like TV, movies, all that stuff. They do a great job keeping up what They just did a Garfield movie review, so that's up there if you want to watch that. They keep it up with Sands of Monarchy. They've been doing that, They've do everything, even boxing all that. So they just did the one on x N ninety seven, which I know a lot of y'all enjoy as well. So go check all that out, subscribe on YouTube to get what we do there, and of course they're on podcasts there too. So yeah, aside from that, I think we can go ahead and mosey along here. We're going to start in recent order with Ubisoft and go backwards and do Summer Game Fest and Xbox and whatever else we may have watched in that timeframe. Ubisoft started off strong with the orchestra for Star Wars Outlaws, then showed off Star Wars Outlaws a bunch of stuff, then kind of meandered in the middle, and then went with Assassin's Creed Shadows to end it. What do you think about generally about the whole you over there.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was fine, I guess, but there was a lot of known quantities and the stuff that people still want to see still wasn't shown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the long awaited stuff, right like no beyond Good and Evil to no, some of the yeah no, splinter Cell with people will be like really really wanting to see crazy that we still don't have anything, right, splinter Cell at all, Star Wars Outlaws looked great. I mean good to know what we're finally going to be doing. Uh in that game, it feels like because they they've kind of been teasing it. They even tease something at Summer Game Fest, letting you know that they're going to be doing more here. Do you get more excited about the game after watching.
Speaker 2: That or not until we can get a new, new non eighties hairstyle. But it looks fine?
Speaker 1: Is that I guess.
Speaker 2: Because I don't feel like playing Christy mcnickel from Empty Nest in a video game from the late eighties. Uh No, I'm sure believing. I'm sure this game is gonna have a ton of customizable options like every year, you know, like every ubisof game in existence nowadays. Uh, you know, I like that it has like ship combat. I don't know, you know, who knows what a good or not?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I saw a lot of Look this even does stuff Starfield should be doing, like landing your ship right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, it looks okay, we'll see. I mean, I'm you know, I'm the guy who kind of burned on a Star Wars.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, I've I meant I watched that part of the first episode of Acolyte. I meant to watch more of it, and then I didn't go back to it. No. I I like the how you can the using the like land Runner all so to like get in and out of missions really fast if you need to, And how they're gonna involve all this stuff eventually you know, the Empire gets evolved as you would imagine. Uh So, yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be fun stuff. And I'm excited, you know, I'm always down for more Star Wars stuff. So and this this has been good from the beginning, like getting that kind of Han Solo type character, and they kind of seem to make allusions to him like in part of this as well, like you're are you eventually gonna go be like be searching for him or something. It's like, uh so, let's let's see if that's that's the big crux of this or whatever that they're doing. But yeah, uh this looks good. I'm I'm down with whatever they want to keep showing us for Star Wars Outlaws. It's crazy to think at the end of the summer we finally be want this thing. But yeah, yeah, I mean this is kind of the big thing that that they have. I think that it's different because you know, as we've said about assassa screen ghost to Sushimo, and he did did a lot of.
Speaker 2: That already, right, yeah, and even even like looking at some of the footies they show and it's like, yep, this looks a lot like that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And then it just felt like a lot of the middle stuff was like, Okay, we're just going to show you all of the games that we already have out.
Speaker 2: And it's like, yeah, here's more, here's more stuff for extifying or skulling bones, because that's that's what everyone's talking about and talking about now these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's just it's crazy to me that I think the only new game that they announced was an Ano game thing, and yeah, I was just like, wow, I'm just really surprised they didn't have like the and one more thing or nothing. It was just like, Okay, that's that's it. We're just on time, we're.
Speaker 2: Doing They're still supporting Brajalla. I was like, I thought that died years ago.
Speaker 1: That that I mean that that's you. They support everything until it's done. They did show that they are doing personal remakes. Still, uh, twenty twenties, is that officially the first twenty twenty six game that we've seen? Like that, that's nuts to me, like showing games that are gonna come in twenty twenty six, you know, it's like we're just shocked to get games twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: But right now, well yeah, but you think about it's only a year away now, so.
Speaker 1: Well, depending on when that comes out, it could technically be two years away still sort of right, Yeah, I mean the Lost Crown gets more stuff, which you know the people that I'm sure more folks have picked that up it went on sale, and then the Road Prince of Persia as well as getting more stuff.
Speaker 2: Well that would needs more stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know one seventeen Paxtremana I think was the only thing that they announced. Yeah, real time strategy stuff between all the big ones, that seems to be something that's I guess making a comeback of being super important. Between all three of the big showcases, they really definitely showed lots of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was a little more of an economic scam as well, So right, you know it has a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely, we'll see. Ex Defiant seems to have some fandom. We'll see how long that lasts for UBI saw there, right, and.
Speaker 2: Then of course November.
Speaker 1: Yeah s member, and then when when Call of Duty comes out, that'll probably be there. Uh then when you have The last thing was as Shadows. They showed a lot of the Yashwei gameplay there as well, like getting to see how he is as a character and all that stuff, like just kind of showing you, okay, well, you know people are complaining about why he's in this game and it's not historically correct and all this stuff. At least they're being to that and not just kind of trying to shoot him away and be like, okay, well you'll play him when he's when you play the game. So that's I mean, do you like this kind of having the stealth shadow type and then having him the power guy.
Speaker 2: It kind of makes sense because like that was a problem of the Victorian England want of the name of it syndicate, Like both characters played the same Okay, Yeah, so it's like, why play one, you know, it's like, okay, just pick one and stick with them or stick with our like you know, having missions or having yeah, side jobs or whatever. That's okay. You're supposed to be a stealthy character, so be the girl. And it goes back to uh, like the stealth assassin. Like that's exactly what that game was, right, So it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, at least, so let's just see what it's going to be like to explore through parts of it and all that. Right, it won't be too long before you get to play the game, so you know, yeah, it looks looks good. I'm sure you know. I'm sure you will still because you have to play everything Assassa's Creed. I'm sure you will still be playing it. Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't play all every one of them, but I play most of them. So hopefully we'll get it for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully it'll jazz you up more than mirage it, you know, at least for that. But yeah, Ubisoft was kind of just I don't know, kind of man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, all right then again and catch it. It'll be soft in general, so.
Speaker 1: I will give you sef credit like they don't need to show us any more games that are like who knows how long from here out. They already have that problem where.
Speaker 2: But I mean, yeah, but that's a like it's a twofold problem because it's like, okay, you shouldn't show games that are that far out, but also you should have a better rain on game. You know, Beyond Good and Evil too shouldn't be taken thirteen years to make, or you know, that Prince of Persia remake shouldn't have taken seven years to make, or you know, it's like.
Speaker 1: I think, I think that's just them basically saying we restarted the whole thing. Yeah, it'll be.
Speaker 2: Out, and that's the case. They should just be honest, you know, and say, hey, we worked on this from you know, twenty twenty to twenty twenty two, and then it wasn't going anywhere, so we fleshed it and you know, started to do like they said, be honest, because how you know, God knows how many reboots, internal reboots like Beyond Good and Eagle two has gone through because Joseph led us to working in that game. Yes or no, these are the big questions that need to be asked.
Speaker 1: I'm just surprised that they haven't like said anything about other than the whole just to give people updates on these games, like, hey, yeah, we're still working on it. We don't really have anything to show, but here's this.
Speaker 2: Or I mean, it's an awesome problem. I like, people aren't excited for like Boobisoft game, so they should. They should just be honest and say, hey, here's a new splinter Cell. It's still pre alpha or like very early on, but here's a logo, or here's what Sam Fisher is gonna look like. You know, expect, expect more info.
Speaker 1: That feels like so far away. No, but honestly that is true. Definitely give us updates. Done, at least they show some stuff from Avatar I guess, which is their most like popular game outside of Star Wars and the ass screen coming. So yeah, that'll that'll get them going for now. I think Mark Froze it looks like so for now, I'm just going to I don't know if I have to reinvite him or what I gotta do here. Hello, oh, I guess I lost him here for a little bit until he comes back, So I'll go ahead and move on to the Summer game Fest. He has the link, so I think he should be able to Brandy. He's like, here's an announcement of a future announcement. Now please stop talking about Sam Fisher until we're ready to talk about Sam Fisher. He's not wrong about that, honestly, So I'm gonna move. Marc has the links, so he should be able to just hit the same button and get back in. Hopefully it's probably something with his camera because mine's been doing that very recently as well, where it's kind of like weird and not sometimes it'll just blank randomly go out. So let's move on to a summer game fests, which very surprising, and I'm excited to hear what happens when we get to the game Awards. This kind of gives me some good vibes about is Jeff Keey finally turning the corner on some of these he seems to learn every year when it comes to these, like he's he's taking feedback and taking feedback, and it feels like this when he finally got all the feedback and said, hey, let's actually deal with people are asking, which is let's have different hosts. Let's let the devs at least some of the devs, like have a moment he had the Outer Sloth. When they did the Outer Sloth moment, they had a victorious range go up there and one of the devs and talk about it. It wasn't just him show a trailer him again and show a trailer like. He actually had a curious Joy up there doing fighting game stuff and also other things that weren't fighting games as well. So that was really cool to see that. Like Jeff's kind of branching out and not just spoking all about himself. That's good. These showcases should be about not just the games, with people to make them as well, and he made that a point. He has something about the industry which is different. He's not talked about the industry at all most of the time. He seems to ignore the layoffs and all that stuff. He talked about that on this thing, which is also good. I think I agree with some folks that have been saying that he probably should have prefaced us by saying this is probably not as crazy front loaded as it has been in the past, So don't expect being ridiculous or anything like out of the realm that you kind of don't know is coming soon, because that's kind of what this was a lot of. It was very heavy Indie on this show, and I think folks were kind of expecting a little bit more than that on this So yeah, it's definitely one of those where let's let's talk about that. But the one game that Mark and I talked about that was you know, kind of rumored once again, this biblicoon leaker has has been proven correct. Lego Horizon is a thing, and that was the leadoff to this thing. It actually was a different game than I thought it was gonna be. They didn't just cover everything that you would expect in a Lego game. It kind of felt like they tried to make it its own thing, injected a bunch of levity that you know, it's usually not in the Horizon games. It's gonna be interesting how they do the boss fights for the most part, because that is you know, it is a big deal in the Horizon games. So yeah, man, I don't know, but I liked what I saw. It's one of those things with the Lego games where I don't go out and buy them necessarily. You know, they're still very kid oriented, to be fair, So I'm sure if you have your kids there with you, you will go and probably buy that. And if you like that stuff, then sure, go ahead. It's just one of those where like, okay, when it comes to game Pass or something like that, it's usually when I go and check that out. Really, but yeah, I had a good showing, I thought, and for like the fact that Sony put that out there, and then it's also going to come to the Switch like yo, you know, like okay, okay, I mean they obviously took the the jab at Xbox there of like, it's definitely not coming there, but it's coming at least to everything else, right, so get excited about that. Oh, Marcus back.
Speaker 2: Just dies like halfway through where you know, Peter died. No, not my computer, it's my internet.
Speaker 1: Oh your internet died. Okay.
Speaker 2: Would be fine if it was like, oh, it's storming out here or you know, big ring, you know something. But no, it's funny, regular, nice day.
Speaker 1: Well, I just thought of the Summer Game. What did you think about? I guess the show in.
Speaker 2: General, I find some of the I had the host of the you know, the guest host or whatever wasn't great, but they very infrequently are uh you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I had said before you start out, I'm gonna I'm gonna disagree with you on the Curious Joy. I thought for kind of just being put up there in a spot where it's like it's not Sydney doing Game Awards, and she's very you know what, you know, she knows what she's doing, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a problem is I don't know who that Curious Story person is. So they put her up there and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I mean's she's big in the game.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean what let me ask you this of the I mean we'll probably go into it when you start getting further into it, but what was like your game of that thing? Or do you have one?
Speaker 1: Uh? I really gotta think because I know I had a couple. The Flying Bean one was actually probably one of the highlights to be like this wasn't It was really kind of like I said, it was like a lot of big, heavy indie focus except for Quint towards the beginning and then the rest of it was not you know, the thing that you usually expect with this. What did you do you have like a game of the the show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the Summer Games. Is that Power Anger game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Power Game was awesome. I will agree with that, of course, getting more metaphoria frontasio. I'm excited for that game.
Speaker 2: So you have any I mean I can't pre order it right at the moment, but having an alley Way two physical and like d LC is kind of cool. Fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad to hear that that's happening, because you know, a lot of people didn't buy that game because of that, so I'm glad that, you know, he got to go on there. And then we did get that Quidditch Champions game and it's coming out this year.
Speaker 2: Of the whole thing, Ye, how can it beat the p S one game? That's a big question.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know it'll do it.
Speaker 2: Also as nice SI seven that's the one that where Earth dies.
Speaker 1: Right, that's that's the one I'm gonna yeah.
Speaker 2: Like that Batman VR thing looked abysmal.
Speaker 1: Not with the Batman VR thing is you could literally hear the crowds just the shush over everyone. Well, I mean, you know you're announcing it's on VR like that.
Speaker 2: That's one problem, but it's also like, oh, here's the big bad guy of this game, the rat Catcher. It's like, what was a condiment? King too high profile? You have to go for this villain.
Speaker 1: Well, you know the problem is, I think if you put in one of the big villains, super gonna complain more that you have one of the big villains in a in a VR game that loadingbour are not gonna go to play at all. So why not just test the water and see?
Speaker 2: You know? You know what they should do is have like a have Rippler be the bad guy and it would be like a puzzle game.
Speaker 1: Yeah they yeah, I mean they could do that. They could have done a Joker one. It's not like we haven't had Joking and things. I mean they could have.
Speaker 2: Done but the Joker's dead and continuity, right, I mean.
Speaker 1: They could have done Scarecrow and made it more of a kind of scare game horror game game. Uh. Another one that I've been keeping track of because I love Grease was never and this looked great obviously it keeps looking great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The art style is amazing for this stuff, and so like they showed it off really well. I love the fact that they keep showing this and we get more of it and it's coming this year. So yeah, lots of there was. I was quite surprised with how much like twenty twenty five stuff there was. It's funny how like Jeff kept saying, oh, most of the stuff I've shown twenty twenty mores like not really full.
Speaker 2: He showed a lot of like DLC. It's like, okay, yeah, three Feeder six came out last year, but you're showing content you know, maybe it'll come out there.
Speaker 1: But you liked how they did that because it felt like they were trying to tell you. At first, I'll agree with the folks over a kind of funny that. I thought it was gonna be cap Converces that's in k or something. And then oh no, this is just season two. And then like three of the characters are from Vail Fury, Right, It's like, Okay, this is interesting how we did this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they might be just trying to test the waters, but I mean, at least two of those characters are important to Fatal Fury.
Speaker 1: The other one no, yeah, hey you got your SIEV seven yep reveal and Sid and I are got to go out there and in.
Speaker 2: A videotape in a video from the lobby of for Axis.
Speaker 1: Well, at least team was on there.
Speaker 2: You know, that's something I should have like he should have been like, oh, I got this, I got this other old guy helping me. And then he like pulled the curtain in it's little right, and then then the audience would have exploded.
Speaker 1: I can't see me and uh. One of the things I think was probably the I guess biggest surprise was the Blumhouse Blumhouse games, like just oh, it's not just one game that we're doing. It's like a whole big more of games that we're doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, next year, those people like the Blumhouse convention, you know they have films and games and yeah they'll have some band or something, horrorcore band and you know, I don't know those games. Look, they didn't look like Triple A games, but they're not going to the obviously going yeah yeah, and at least one or two of them was timely interesting. I mean that I'll play them, but sure, why not.
Speaker 1: I'd like the one that they the day of the dev so look great.
Speaker 2: Like supporting like you know, not I wouldn't even say be tier, but like C tier or you know, like those very indie games is always a generally good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean, like you said, I mean, horror games in the Indian sphere have been doing awesome, so why not kind of throw your hat in the ring and just go all right, oh the go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was gonna say, uh, I don't know the guy who did the trailer, but that everything they should about skate looked embarrassing as fuck, so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that's not what I want to hear about when I hear about skate. But sure, all right, right, like why, I mean like they have to know, right, Like they have to know what people expect when you tell me we're doing a skate game, and that was not it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. EA seems pretty close about what people want anymore, so well.
Speaker 1: We'll get more in the EA. And when we got to talk about Xbox but a game that actually surprised me because I did not care for the first game at all, but yo, that's trailer for Kingdom cum Deliverance too Oho sold me on the like just how freaking crazy it is, Like that's not what I was accrecting at all from that game. So I was just like, Okay, we just took it all up a notch. So just we're gonna kick everybody's ass and be h, just three and and save random shit. It's like, all right, that just works, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the first game did not have that vibe at all. It was like, really serious, we're trying to be almost like a medieval simulator kind of game or whatever, and like this this game just was like, you know what, let's just do it the total opposite.
Speaker 2: So that there's another game in another conference that did the same thing, only not as well.
Speaker 1: On that, I agree any anything else that the I guess set out to you.
Speaker 2: From some really you know, it seems fine, you know, mostly some good stuff. Uh yeah, I mean I was like I said that the game that jumped up to me, at least from the game stats was that power interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the power that's cool. And the fact that they're not just doing the side scrolling beat him up too, Like there's other genres in.
Speaker 2: There, all that first person stuff and then the vehicle stuff. And they had a very sly green ranger or a green roller coaster car like in one of the shots. It's like, okay, I know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, definitely they they went there, and I agree with that.
Speaker 2: The only thing I mean, they're probably gonna do some big collectors edition, which will be fine, but they should really try to get the voice cats back to that game, you know, from the TV show as much as they can. Yeah, and well, aside from Training and Jason and Tommy. Yeah, but you got three, you know, you got three actors who are still alive and still legal or not not in jail at the moment.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, I mean I guess they could, but I don't know if they're going to try to just steer clear from having the all the original voicecasts or not, just to not make the game costs more. But yeah, I immediately had super Nintendo Sega Genesis vibes when I saw the game, and then like the art style that they're too. So yep, yeah, interesting that this wound up probably being a lot of people's like in the top five games for the show. But hey, it looks good they're doing it. They're definitely taken a lot from the Ninja Turtles what the did, right, you know, so good on them, Good on them for that. But I think overall, really this was another like if I had the great at like six out of ten show, It's not I didn't get wowed by this show at all, you know, yeah, not as not as kind of I think you saw it was more man, but this was sort of on the same.
Speaker 2: I mean I was like, by like five, this is like a six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know what you're gonna say in the end. But the Xbox Events boy, phel Spencer did not joke around when he because look, they show called me at the beginning. We already knew they were doing call of Duty right at the end, So when that's it for call of Duty, I was just kind of probably getting the people that are watching at the beginning like, oh hey, there's a call of duty thing at the end. I don't really count that as the opener, but man, they wasted no time. Freaking dude right there the dark Ages, he looks freaking sick. Loved, loved, loved that entire thing, doing the shield bash thing, cutting people with it, like freaking looked.
Speaker 2: That shield thing remind me. Reminded me of too with the razor wind.
Speaker 1: I think that was what was called n I think Zombie Captain America also does it or whatever, So you know it, man, I just like when that had leaked previously, like right before they were gonna do the show, thankfully I had not Uh they were.
Speaker 2: They were like I think they were like rumors but nothing concrete and nothing like here's the trailer end.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, not not the full like sort of leak thing, but it did sort of feel they they did kind of just say, hey, uh, this is probably what that's gonna be. And I'm glad I did not get I didn't watch this live. I watched it like hours later, so I hadn't watched anything okay from it yet and I was happy at it, not because that was a super exciting moment for me of just getting too to see that. And then they did not like they didn't let down for a while after that. It was like bam, bam bam, big one. I mean, look, I know Stated of a K three compared to Doom is not the same, but like getting something from statey Of to K three was really cool after we hadn't heard anything about the game in a while, and I was happy to see that.
Speaker 2: So and they're gonna watch you to a bunch of good stuff. My My big problem with that with the Xbox uh conference was they showed a lot of stuff and I looked good except for two things. But it's a lot of like noncommittal dates or stuff that has been been in development for a long ass time and they're still going like we we're not showing this coming out. And it's like, yo, dog, Fable has been been You've been kicking on Fable for eight years, and you know something even have a you know, they're like, we're hoping twenty twenty five. It's like, what, Like, what do you mean you're hoping twenty twenty five. You shud have like a fucking firm set and stone release date of it's coming out May sixteenth or you know, September ninth or whatever.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not too against it because I much rather than take their time and make this game and not feel like we got a pigeonhole and make it work.
Speaker 2: And all that stuff and work for crack Down three.
Speaker 1: Okay, well come on, we're gonna compare Crackdown. That's really unfair. I think it's like, look, we have so many problems with having to delay games and stuff. I'd rather them say, look, we're gonna give them the most time possible to get those games out. They already do have games coming in twenty twenty four, including Dragon a h this Dragonese vill Guard game, which I think we went from hearing nothing about this game to they changed the name to Vilguard to they just changed. It felt like they just changed a bunch of what the game. People thought the game was going to be, and then it turned out to.
Speaker 2: Be kind of this and people wanted and then the attach people don't want information about it anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I saw a lot of people were not to enthuse about this trailer, I guess, or that.
Speaker 2: Was the other I mean, it's not obviously EA's you know, on his bio erre, but that was like the other big miss of the Xbox conference. It's like, this looks legitimately bad.
Speaker 1: So why do you say that? Because I'm not a big dragon Age fan.
Speaker 2: I kind of the two reasons dragon Age, like the first one, even two and three each totalleser extent, always pride itself and of being like not self serious, but serious enough as a gain you know, a story or like a universe like this felt like Guardians of the Galaxy Medieval and no, like if you want to do that, like make another game or make another stupid universe or you know whatever. But like they have like these like characters that you know are going to be talking NonStop through the you know, through whatever mason you're on, like quipping like it looks awful. Like if you go compare like the Dragon Age one intro trailer or you know, the announcement trailer to like this thing, it's like what are these even like related at all? Like what the hell? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, definitely, Like right I when they showed that first dred Wolf trailer, is that that's exactly what you said? It felt like, okay, so here's Dragon Age again. It's very serious. Yeah, we're going into this and then uh that comes on. I was like, well, okay, that's not what I was expecting. I think it's not what a lot of people are expecting.
Speaker 2: But it also looked like too colorful, because like Dragon Age always had kind of a muted esthetic to it, Like I thought I saw some people complaining like they overwatched it to death, you know, by having like very.
Speaker 1: I can see some of the comparison because that's some of the art style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially like I don't know, the stupid characters means, like the technacle Lady or the veil Lady or whatever. It's like yes, wow, okay, or like the one guy the mage Killer who looked.
Speaker 1: Like yeah it's a holy the dragon Hunter or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, please bring back iron Bil and of these other characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they showed uh the Starfield good.
Speaker 2: I thought I was pretty or you know, I had like more of a personality than Starfield every Day.
Speaker 1: So right, yeah, definitely made you kind of interested with that dark uh that whole like kind of dark looked everything and kind of mysterious vibe. All that had to its supposed to be new stuff.
Speaker 2: So it was. I mean it's not Xbox exclusive, but I would say, actually the game to me, or like the game of this whole week or whatever was that Expedition thirty three game.
Speaker 1: Expedition thirty three. I was gonna get to that right after that, because I mean they did show the Fallout then You fall Out seventy six things as well, But this was a game I got totally shocked by as well. Just how beautiful it looks. I love the story. Ben Starr is doing the voice over, by the way.
Speaker 2: I order, and yeah, to me, it looks like a next generation version of like a Lost add See.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like also just like them randomly throwing in that that it was an RPG because you don't really know it until they show the gameplay part where it's like the whole party's there, and then it has kind of sort of like an action but turn based photo vibe too, so.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it looks like uh Lost Odyssey mixers like Mega man X Command Mission because you still he had like the turn counter in like the upper left hand corner. Yeah, and it was extremely funny. I watched you know, Jeff Gertzman's uh stream on that and he liked, he like, I was cool. And then I watched parts of Asthma Golds and he was like, I watched that part and he's like, oh, this would be so much better as an action adventure game. And I'm like a million of those, yeah, Like there are a ton of those, Like how many j RK and music coming out that are actually like high quality or high scale, like we weren't even making them anymore or barely like come on, and for.
Speaker 1: Being like a sort of announced game and having an interesting concept, like that's what's good. You want those kind of games at your showcases that kind of are kind of going between the known quantities. So I thought this was cool. Yeah, South of South of Midnight also looked great, and here too. I didn't think it was gonna have a talking catfish or whatever when we saw it the first time, that little teaser that they showed the first time, But I'm down with that, Like sounded like a magical I guess she plays the the girl and she has like some magical powers. And then the freaking tree gator or whatever it is. It's like Jason.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of that for sixty game imagine in the Forsaken Kingdom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got some. I got some the spirits vibes as well. Yeah, which that's a good game following.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other big thing to me, and I don't know if I get ted or not, was that Life is Strange. Uh whatever it was called. I thought of you.
Speaker 1: When they showed it, I was like, okay, square Enix. I thought I was Vin'szmana again at first, and then they showed they started showing like Vin's the Manic characters, and I was like, Oh, this is Life is Strange and then oh, okay, they're doing another one. Whoa.
Speaker 2: It was funny. Well there's two things, but that truck me kind of funny one. Is they better I don't know if they if she announced it, she's back, but they better get that original white actress back to that character. Okay, the other thing, and did you see the like the Square Enix uh discoursed on True Colors or I think that was that game?
Speaker 1: Like, yes, the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they thought it would a gay game. Yeah, and it's like, way to go making this one then where you get very strong gay vibes from already.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, like that's the weird thing too. It's just like that whole series has always been why I mean most of it, and I mean I guess obviously aside from that little short story with the kid, but it's like, yeah, I mean, most of this game series has been very beloved by you know, the community, So like why are we I get I get it that that was not supposed to be made public. Still, like, why would you even say that at all? I get different obviously, different cultures, right, different feelings on things. We have to put that into perspective as well, But so whatever, at least it's another screen next thing that was shown on here, Uh, the Xbox keeps deepening that relationship with them though. That's good on that end. Well, the war Craft got that announcement. I seriously thought that they were going to do the World of Warcrafts on Xbox thing because they kept showing parts of the first ever World of war Craft.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, it was weird because it's like, oh, this is like it was like a three or four minute long trailer and it's like, yeah, it's a three four minute long trailer of all the old cuttings in the past fourteen years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like exactly was. He showed a lot and they really show a lot of the war within almost everything they showed was old, and then it's like they kind of bled it into oh here's here's I guess some things from the new and then it's coming out at the at the end of August, so at least you got to release date for that, which they've been pretty consistent with, Like haven't they released it around like July August most of the time all the expansions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, late summer game or yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They also showed the Diablo for opening cinematic and that was kind of that.
Speaker 2: Was like, I mean, it's gross, but it told me none the story. I mean, it's barely it's like if you don't know who that character is. You're gonna what the fuck is this? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely not for sure. One that surprised me Medagri Solid showing up in Here Delta that I thought they would make sure they showed that at a PlayStation thing. Yeah, and what did you think? I thought they showed pretty well for the most.
Speaker 2: It was good. I thought I was finding that people are bitch are complaining about how the boss looks old, and it's like, first of all, first of all, the boss is old like that I think I think in that game's supposed to be like late forties, so it's like, yeah, that makes sense. That tracks or you know, ah, I don't have to reusing them or not like reusing like the actual old dialogue, but like it's nice to hear David hayterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, definitely you can tell the difference and it sounds so natural for a new back doing that. Yeah, it looks good. I'm not a huge middle gore solid person, but good that that is there and exists for people. And then they shut it off with this thing though. Good Yeah, good on Xbox or get for sure, I'm I thought the flint Lock Seon game looked good as well. It's probably gonna be just you know, like one of those seven's or eight games. But again, you got to have those kind of things in there, right, And then they showed perfect Dark. Uh didn't expect that and here at all, and wow, they just yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that game well, I think what they showed looked really great. I don't think that's.
Speaker 1: Any of the game, you know, I well, that's the gameplay.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Well they so they said that it's going to be parts different parts, right, it's gonna have like a mercer sim stuff. It's gonna have stuff like detective stuff. It's not gonna be all just like FPS, no kind.
Speaker 2: Of that's I mean, that's fine. Like I don't want it to be Call of Duty, you know, righth My problem is I just got it just seemed almost like almost like a VR game or you know, you know when trailers tried to snow you in the past, like, uh, what's the stupid not it's not Resistance, what's the other what's the other one that Sony made with the stupid hell gas kill Zone? Yeah, it seemed like the kill Zone two trailer, and it's like this all looks really great, but this also looks nothing like game like what you're gonna actually do in this game.
Speaker 1: I mean there's some Mirror's Edge vibes in here with how she moves around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, things like that.
Speaker 1: You can get some of the Crystal dynamics like vibe. I mean, there's some tomb Raider in here too.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to also kind of be like metro Venia esque or whatever, where it's like, oh, on this mission, you unlock this new piece of gear, so if you go back you can replay old missions with you know, now I got this rope that you can use to get around easier or to unlock this door or whatever. Or you know, you got like this hacker tool that you can unlock different, new, newer door or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I wonder what all the like is. Does she have things that happened to her in her mind that she goes back in and why they have all that stuff where it gets fuzzy for her and stuff that'd be interesting to find out.
Speaker 2: I imagine that looked like it was like a VR mode or like it was like VR training or something like that, because I think in that game, Carrington's also a good guy. So in the game, they're like, oh, Carrington's like has the nuke, and it's like, okay, but I know you work for Carrington, so okay.
Speaker 1: That's definitely one of the ones that I was kind of like, Okay, they don't ever release states, so maybe they don't want to be pushing people. But good that they were able to get a trailer for it, I mean, because all the bad stuff we've heard with that game, so right, uh, they should Fable, I thought, no more, they showed bits of gameplay here within in it, like you said twenty five.
Speaker 2: So I had two other thoughts about Fable. The first was I couldn't place that British actor at all, and I still can't like your hero mentor or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh the guy that's telling, yeah, the story.
Speaker 2: And soone I recognize and this can't place, you know. And the other thing is looks like he kind of directly references the like the character being a female or a woman, right, So I was curious, like, are they going to have the old Fable customization option or is it just going to be like you're playing this girl because it kind of looks like you're just playing this girl.
Speaker 1: I mean, it does definitely feel that they are making her the main protagonists for sure.
Speaker 2: And let me give a thought of all the usual YouTube insults losing their mind over this.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm I mean they always do because of you know, how she looks or whatever, the whole uh you know that she was one of the ones brought up with the whole Stuther Blade stuff about oh, she doesn't look anything like the model that they used and muddles much prettier than what they put in the game. Whatever. It's like, Yo, it's a game, guys. Uh Ana Perna always has amazing games when they do these and mixtape. This is the next one from the Oh my god, I love that game and now I can't remember it, the one where it's like a narrative game and you're you're playing that guy with the guitar and jumping like just jumping through like warorlds and stuff. I can't remember the game right now, but it's from that team. And this looks freaking awesome. Soundtrack equally just amazing our full Escape exactly, that's what it. Yeah, this game looks great. I'm excited it's gonna be on game pest. It makes you more excited ready for this game. Yeah, like this is one of the ones that again these like unknowns, this really I think delivered, made it help make this showcase fantastic, and that Xbox brought their stuff and they also brought some really cool other things to this. So yeah, mixtape was one of the cool ones.
Speaker 2: Oh that wander Stop game with kind of interesting also, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Agreed on that didnt he had a Jones stuff I thought didn't hit as great. It looked kind of slow for the most Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it may not just be optimized correctly. But also like who knows, I mean, it's not it's not like Doom or it's not Wolfenstein where you're supposed to be like this hugely badass character, you know, like a part like left and Right.
Speaker 1: Definitely not.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: They also keep showing like cut scenes from that game, and it's like, Okay, I get it, you're your people want to see the Harrison Ford and the like the voice and and all that stuff. Like, I get it you want to, but I mean I'm gonna be playing the game mostly, so I don't know. I feel like they keep snippets of the game point and they want to show you these big long like cutting parts and I was like.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I guess for like all about another forward stand in whatever it looks fine. I had more a problem with the bad guy, like it's just like okay, oh the Russian guy. Yeah, some Russian Nazi and I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I fall looked interesting for what it is they showed more about which that looks fine.
Speaker 2: Thought that flight simulator twenty twenty Florida really cool.
Speaker 1: Yes, the getting to show like the jobs and stuff you can have in that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Was they going in the hot air balloon kind of surprise at the end too of that being in there. So uh they they got the license re united interesting for that too. When if there's other like American commercial carriers that are going to be in there are just them because they quickly went from United to like Air France and uh.
Speaker 2: So where's where's the mission to keep the boeing.
Speaker 1: Jesus I go there? Of course, the they had Sarabon and May came in at the at the towards the middle to do the Diablo right after Prey Dark and then to do the Diablo intro to kind of give praise to all of the the different studios. Uh Sarabon came at the end and talked after Stalker two, which was like the last kind of known games they showed, then they kind of showed off the there's now going to be two Terrorbyte Xbox uh two, Terribied Xbox Series X and then uh series like one Terribied Series S and.
Speaker 2: And Series X. Yeah, well it's that exist yasrib.
Speaker 1: Yeah sans disc exactly which, Okay, I guess is that going to be cheaper? They didn't really you know, list prices or anything. The thing I think people were hoping we would see which Phil Spencer was on an IGN Live that they did like not too long after this, and he hinted at again sort of hinted at there might be a portable, but he didn't. The only thing he confirmed was that if they did do a portable, they wanted to have local play. It's not going to be cloud based or whatever like some of the other ones have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and they kind of left it at reading between the lines to whatever you think that means. Then the last game will was not Gear six, It was Gears they ah and interesting it is basically going backwards and doing like a prequel for Gears, so you can do young Marcus and young Dom here that they shut off, and yeah, man' I love Gears. I'm excited for this. I'm happy that they're doing this. We finally got the revealed.
Speaker 2: So it was I mean they also said that you know, oh uh, you know the Gears for Insie storyline will continue or you know, we're still working on it. It's like this is kind of a tacit admission that you're not or that guy story one has failed.
Speaker 1: Like no, I think what they're trying to do is like this version of the Coalition, which is not the same version of the Coalition or the Gears team, you know, because that was all Cliffy b and all that stuff that they're original like Gears, like especially one to three. So like, let this version of the team that makes Gears kind of do their own spin on Marcus and Dom and and all of that early Gear stuff and then kind of continue like it's been a while for Gears, right, so like let people know where the if you bring back the old characters, let people know where the kind of the whole thing stands for you just dive into Gears sick. I think it lets people kind of refresh on Gears. I don't know if they're finally going to do that Gears collection remaster collection that they keep rumoring is happening, because that's been a rumor for a long time that it wasn't supposed to just be Gears one. It was supposed to be all of it, just like Halo. They just didn't do it for whatever reason. Uh So, Yeah, I don't know. I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 2: I find enough idea, But like I said, I think it's just kind of a I mean that come out and say it, but I think it's an admission that, you know, no one cared about La Marcus and the girl and the other guy, like we tried, but people like what they like. So now I'm gonna mind. Now you're gonna mind Marcus and down to death.
Speaker 1: You aren't wrong there in a sense of why not go with what you know? Yeah, and then also let people kind of that haven't played Gears in a while, that know nothing about Gears four and five or whatever kind of get back into it and go from there. Yeah, that's it for the Xbox thing. I thought they had the best showcase of the entire Weekend, not that they had a lot of competition, to be honest, but it was probably one of the best Xbox showcases they've had a long time, just from well last years was really good too, but like they showed a lot of what people actually wanted to know about, and they still have some stuff like left that let's see, right, But I mean, I'm almost all the the only big franchise aside from the obvious Halo because they're pretty much just doing Halo Infinite right now. It's like, okay, we were not doing Fours the Horizon quickly right after Fours the Motorsport, so we don't have a fordsa thing. But everything else was was pretty much there, you know, Startfield, fall Out seventy six, all the but does the stuff do you know? Fable all that was there, Gears.
Speaker 2: Everything except for Silk Song, which is the one that should.
Speaker 1: Have right, Like that's so weird, Like there's it's kind of just weird that Silk Song still doesn't made the appearance yet, right Like we thought Silk Song would. If it's gonna show up anything, because its supposed to be in game Pass, it would have been here. Because everything they showed in this thing. I don't wonder if they said that the middle Gersauad Delta was, but everything else, Uh, it says played on game Pass or day one game Pass or whatever. So they really made a big deal about that too. I think they also needed to again because of the whole people have been talking so much. We've talked about it, everybody's talked about it about how, you know, game pass, this game pest is not doing what it needs to kind of thing. And Phil talked about that on the IGN Live as well, about how he doesn't look at subscription numbers anymore with it. He's just looking how long people play. I don't know how long that actually lasts. Like I assuming game Past has to, you know, get subscribers or they're going to have an issue in a point.
Speaker 2: Not his bonus was no longer tied to subscriber counts, so he's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably a lot of people's bonuses are probably not tie of subscriber counts anyone. The last thing that I really watched, because I think I only watched like the first twenty minutes that feature game show was The Day of the Devs, which aired right after Summer Game Fest. Shout out to the Battle Vision Network game from just them, the Kafi Bar guys, just taking My Magic Class of Heroes, which is one of my favorite games ever, and they're just saying, we're gonna take this game and we're gonna somehow make it even more deep and better.
Speaker 2: And I was down with that Class of Heroes. And they remade it and they put out a remastered version of it, and it was like not good, which is yetunate.
Speaker 1: I still played the original like three sixties.
Speaker 2: It's always funny to me like that companies like remake or remaster their games and they suck it up constantly. It's like, it shouldn't be that hard.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know why that one was so difficult to do. It was very simple gameplay.
Speaker 2: It had some like balancing issues initially, so they tried to like rebalance it, but it's like people obviously like those issues, so I just kept it, you know, yeah, keep it that way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What they seemed to add on this one was the that now you're not just gonna it's not about like clearing the whole field or whatever it's about. There's also like offensive and defensive guards that you can make also, so you kind of have to like be on your toes because you can wind up actually reversing the field and giving them a win instead. So it's it's cool. I'm glad that they they did that, and they changed it a bit on that. Another one for me that looked cool is that Karma Dark World game, which is like, it's a studio in China that made it, and it's like a first person narrative game. You play as a guy that's in like a dystopian like nineteen eighty four, and it just kind of looks like really awesome. So a lot of psychological horror stuff in there. So always down for that kind of stuff. The first game they showed off from the Bloomhouse people, I think, and I'm wrong. I don't remember which one it was now, But another game that they showed off that I liked, well, it was actually it's a group of games, so the people that made Blunky one and two, the Mossmouth people, they made like this UFO fifty game that has like fifty different games in it. Some are bigger, some are smaller. It's actually coming out this year on Steam September eighteenth, and it's just for the neat that they're doing something like that, so you don't have to like subscribe to this whole big thing. They're just making it themselves. So I thought that was neat that we're we're doing that, So shout out to them as well for doing that. And another one that I thought was cool because it looks like kind of looks like a game like they took Pokemon or a sort of game Boy version of Pokemon and made this game where you're like this boy with a motorcycle when he has his dog with him, called Pedal Runner. That's cool. This is that UFL fifty stuff also that they showed in there, But yeah, man, they had some some decent thing And what's interesting, totally repeat a lot on the day of the devs. They show different games every time, other than like a Ranger, which has been shown several times different places, but a lot of times they really do try to showcase different games, So I give a lot of credit for that.
Speaker 2: They're for a minute of airtime.
Speaker 1: Oh no, definitely not, they're definitely not doing that. Glad to hear more about After lovep also because of step into the creator of that game unfortunately passing away. I'm glad that that game still going. It was one that I was excited about when I first saw it on like A ten five years ago. So yeah, man, uh there was like a games agree. I'm sure there was some cool games on some of the other ones as well. I just didn't have time to watch all that is a lot, right, anything else you wanted to talk about? All right? Did you play anything?
Speaker 2: Or yeah? Marius sixty four?
Speaker 1: Hey what I was going to go back to sixty and.
Speaker 2: I tried to get I bought I spot like seven sixty four games from a dude on Facebook marketplace. How did that go?
Speaker 1: Did you actually get them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I mean he put the ad up and he got like slam doing with the media because he was offering up. I got Marks sixty four, Wave Race sixty four. Oh at zero X what else? Uh? Damn it? Sorry, Blast Corps, TANNEDI, Snowboarding, Armyment's and Armyments are just heroes too and or for forty bucks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not bad at all, like the press up one of those.
Speaker 2: Well, like Mario and Wave Race and uh F zero each like thirty bucks each like eBay pricing or whatever. So yeah, but Blastcore and Rampage have like some weird damage to them. He said he like spilled solvent on them or like some weird chemical. So okay, a little funky ramping, like they just have like kind of shell damage, but like blast Corps like wasn't working correctly. I don't know. Like the other game is a dirty like nothing got inside of that, I don't think. But it's just like yeah, dirt or something. But right, anything else is fine.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah that word. And then a new characters to Grand Blue Fantasy Reeling. It's like a Ryan for them.
Speaker 1: Is that a lot of characters just like a few.
Speaker 2: I think they just added the main boss or like the super overpowered character, which I'm sure is going to be when you unlock them.
Speaker 1: Okay, well uh looking at just to go ahead and end this thing. Here the upcoming games for this week. Uh so we did the show. Next time, U V Rising is coming to PlayStation tomorrow, so if you've been waiting to play V Rising on your PS five, you can do so there tomorrow. That Monster Hunter Stories remaster it's coming to the Switch and PS four and PC. And also that Monster Stories two Wings are ruined. It's been out on the Switch but not coming on PS four, So you can pick both of those up if you're big on Monster Owner stories and then that shouldn't got me. Ten say, Vengeance five. Vengeance is coming this week, chick that out.
Speaker 2: Code, we'll see. I'd like to m p SI because it'll run damn better than Yeah, I don't think you know he talked about it, but they added uh like free dlc intouh that Astrobot thing, Oh they did, Yeah, okay, like new trophies and okay, not a new world, but like new objectives or new missions.
Speaker 1: Okay they in there.
Speaker 2: Well they added it because they announced astrobyt game, Like they're kind so you can do these missions and also pre order the game, yeah, like go for it.
Speaker 1: And then also Talis Principle too coming out as well on console, NPC, Xbox PlayStation. Yeah, some good games coming on. Like you said, you're excited for shimming on with ten days so and then now next week we know everybody's just waiting on that shadow of the tree. Uh, we'll talk about that then until then, everybody, hopefully if you enjoy what you watched or first time listening or watching, We do this show on Mondays live around this time usually around more around like five ish o'clock, but we'll be there around that time. And then you can always subscribe and get us on demand later on the YouTube, on twitch, wherever it is you like. Subscriber just on podcasts as well. Until then, folks, enjoy your game
Speaker 2: See you later later