Speaker 1: Welcome to Big for Society. If you have BIGFOD activity to report from the same areas discussed in this episode, please reach out to me directly after this episode. And if you'd like to be on the podcast to discuss a personal Bigfoot encounter, please reach out to me directly at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. Do you wish there was more Big For Society to listen to you every week? Well there is now. If you become a supporting member over at Patreon, you get a special members only episode every single week on Wednesdays, and sometimes even more episodes. Head on over to Patreon dot com. Forward slash the Big for Society and now let's get on with the show. All right, Bigfoot Society, You've got the privilege of talking to Donnie today. Donnie's an individual reached out to me through email wanting to share some really interesting things she's experienced over the years down there in southwestern Virginia. Welcome to the show, Donnie. How's it going.
Speaker 2: Good? Thanks for asking, and thanks for having me on your show.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, this is one We've taken a little bit of time to get here, and as mostly on my side because life sometimes gets in the way, But I'm really glad to have you here today, Donnie, and you know, feel free to take us.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I guess as far back as you want to go. It sounds like you've experienced things out there really your whole life. Yeah, but I'll let you take the call.
Speaker 2: So okay, Well, I mean there's absolutely things going back from when I was little, but this in particular, I guess thing. The reason I emailed you to begin with was all right, let me just start as close to the beginning as I can get. Okay, So where I'll live at. I live at the foot of a mountain, but in a valley, so we're surrounded by you know, woods and forests and stuff, and there's like little pockets of houses, you know what I'm saying. Like if you were to look at us from an aerial view, you're just gonna see mountains, you know what I'm saying. So there's little pockets of communities. Right. So where I live at, if you go down the road a little ways, you can take like a rite and go up on top of a hill and there's a small collection of homes there. So one summer I noticed a bunch of box like unmarked unmarked box vehicles like going up that road. I mean, well, it was so much that I actually noticed that. I was like, well, that's weird. You know, that's a lot of activity. My husband at the time was a police detective, so I told him one day, I said, I said, I think there's something weird going on up the road here. You know. I couldn't put my finger on it. I just noticed a lot of in and out traffic. So one day I decided I was just gonna go nose around. So I got in my truck and I drive up there and I'm kind of looking like around, like there's like two or three streets, okay, something like driving up and down the streets, not up and down, just like you know, through the area, just looking for anything unusually, you know, like I don't even know what I was looking for. I didn't see anything. So I come back home. So after that, I noticed I had two cars, two vehicles in particular. Every time I would go out, I would see these vehicles out. And I told my husband, I was like, there's somebody following me. Every time I leave here, the same vehicles are following me. Well, he thinks I'm just being paranoid or whatever. So one night I told him, I said, take my truck and drive out and see what happens. And I told him exactly which vehicle would most likely be following him. Well, sure enough, he takes my truck, he drives and it's the same vehicle, one of the same vehicles that has been behind me or following me. So he stops and he's going to try to get behind this vehicle, right, so he can kind of like maybe I don't know if I I know who they are or whatever. So when he pulls over it, they just keep going, and of course he loses them. Right. Maybe a week or two after that, I went out to town because we lived We don't live far from town. So I went to town and I drive through a restaurant. Well, I notice the truck drive around the building. It comes like right alongside my truck. The windows are all tended up. It goes very slow, and then it leaves, and you know, and at this point, I'm just like I've had it with this. So I decide I'm going to follow this truck. I'm going to see where it's going. So I pull out of the line and by the time I get to the exit, like to get on the main road. You know, it's pretty far up the road, but still I pull out. And so I pull out and I get to like the red light, like an intersection, and you had to turn left at that intersection to go towards my house. So I turn you know left, and I don't see the vehicle anymore. And like right before you exit, like town limits, there's a parking ride like where people like meet up, you know, to ride to work together. And I was thinking, I wonder if that vehicle, you know, is there, because it really didn't have time to get too far away from me at that point. So I pull in the parking ride, and sure enough, sitting in the parking ride facing the main road, is that vehicle I pulled straight up on its bumper. I mean there, you couldn't have got like a soda canon between us, and I blatantly take a photo of the tag. You know, my my, like my adrenaline's going, you know, I'm like rushed, so I take a photo. I come home and I thought, well, my husband's cop I'm gonna show him this tag and he's gonna I don't know why he didn't think to do that either get a tag, but anyway, so I get the tag. So we get to look in at this tag and there's a lot missing off of it. So like the Virginia thing, you know it's there, but there's no like month and there's no day, you know, like your inspection or your registration, the stickers you get you know, for your tags, right, there's none of that. He has the tag ran and it comes back invalid, like it's not registered. There is not a tag registered, and we know it's correct because we've got a photo of it. So after that, I don't see that truck anymore. Okay, after that night, I do not see that truck again. But there's a new Vie and play, all right. So this goes on for a while. I decided, like in my vehicle, I always keep a dash cam now, right, because there's just too many bad drivers with driver's license, you know, and people do not tell the truth when they cause accidents. So I decided at that point, you know, that's when I'm getting the dash cam, right, So I decided to start parking my vehicle to face the main road so I can kind of like you know, I can record any activity or if I can catch this vehicle on dash came or whatever. Two days after I bought that dash cam, I go to get in my truck. The dash cam is laying in my seat and the memory card is out of it. It's gone. And we live in the country, you know, we don't walk our vehicles and stuff. We don't have to. If you're going to walk all the way out here to steal something out of my truck, honey, you can have it right. So it's laying in the seat. The memory card's gone. There's a me memory card, but my hood is not. It's like light. It's like popped open, and you know, like when you pop the hood, it doesn't open, but like it kind of releases, you know, like it'll pop up a little bit. I noticed my hood is like popped up, and my oil cap is gone off of my truck. I'm like, you know, what the heck, somebody's messing with my vehicle. So I told my house when I was like, you know, my memory card's gone, and blah blah blah blah. And you know he's listen. I know he loves me and all that, but he's not taking me very serious at this point, you know, because he thinks I'm probably just, you know, I don't know, have a wild imagination or something, even though he did see the vehicle and all that, but he thinks I'm thinking too much into it. Okay, So this all happens around, This is all started, like I don't know, maybe late spring is when all this happened and things did settle down. But I know this was in July when I'm when I'm about to tell you, because Bible school is going on, like I don't know, if you're familiar with vacation Bible school, yes, like, okay, awesome. So it was Bible school time and my son at the time had decided, you know, he was gonna go to Bible school. So my husband went to pick him up. So it's a warm night, you know, and I love hearing like the crickets and the frogs and everything. So I'm sitting out on the front porch in the dark. So across like from my yard, like like across from my yard is like a little two lane back country road, and then there's like part of a field, like the very end of a field, like a cowlefield, and then the forest. So I start hearing this weird noise I can't. I can't describe it to you because it's a sound I've never heard before in my life. Okay, it's between a grunt and a growl, and it was so foreign to me. At first, I thought somebody was messing with me, like a person, you know. I was just making some weird noise. But so like I was, like, I think I started talking a little smack because you know, I think I'm ten feet tall, bulletproof. Sometimes it's just the country in me. I can't help it. So I'm sart like, you know, you sound like an idiot, you know. So the more I'm talking, the more aggressive that sound is getting, and the closer it's getting. There's a big maple tree in my front yard and where I'm sitting that is in my direct line of sight. So I'm talking, talking, talking, smack, and then the noise is getting louder and more aggressive. I was going to record it, and I pick my phone if you record it, and I promised to God it died right then. I thought, well, how convenient, you know, how typical. So I stood up to go and to get my charger to bring it out on the front porch. I look across to the sield and I see, let me, let me, let me just slow down per second. I see whatever it was, it was on two legs. From where I'm looking the fence line to that field. If I'm standing next to that fence, it comes up to my shoulders. I'm five foot five looking across to whatever I saw. That fence. The top of that fence probably came right above the thing's waist. So it's very very tall. It's solid blocke u, I mean black. It's it's very bulky like, not fat, bulky like, almost solid like stone looking. I can't describe it any other way. It's walking kind of like sod stepping, you know, like but almost like it was bow legged too, you know, like when you're bow legged, like you're you know, talking about your legs kind of do you know what that means? Bow legged?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you've been on a horse, right, yeah, yes, right, So it's almost like it's bow legged too, and it's walking kind of sod stepping.
Speaker 2: And all this happened in a matter of seconds. Okay, but you know when something like that happens in your head, it feels like eternity, you know, but in reality it's just like a few seconds. So it's sod stepping kind of. It's these massive long arms, super long arms. They'll probably come down, I guess close to its knees or in the middle of its leg or whatever. The only thing is I did not because it's nighttime. I didn't get a good look at its face because you know, it's it is dark. But its head, you know, like when you get a watermelon that's elongated and round it on the ends. You know, they're really long. It's kind of like shape like if you were to put that watermelon in half or whatever. That's the shape of the head. It was like a dome shape or and then it was But anyway, I see that thing coming across that field, but almost like in a diagonal direction, but it's like coming towards me, and I was like, my heart literally fell in my stomach. It it petrified me. And I'm a tough girl. I'm not afraid of snakes. I'm not afraid of most things I was wearing in the country. We're just tough girls out here. Okay, we're like a whole different breed. But that scared me to the point I've almost panic. I'm coming towards the door to come in and get the uh the three eighty okay or the three o eight. I was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna shoot this thing or whatever it is. About the time I turn to come in the door, my husband. Our driveways along my husband, I see the headlights pull up in the driveway, so I look to the truck. I look back towards the field and it's gone. There's nothing there. Well, my husband comes up. I am literally trembling, and he's like, what is wrong? Like what happened to you? Like? Why are what's on with you? And I told him about that's what happened. He was like, you probably just saw a bear or something.
Speaker 1: Big for a society will be right back after these messages, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Are you serious. I've been growing up in these mountains my whole life. I know what a bear looks like. We've walked upon bears, We've been countered bears. I know it ain't no bear. So I'm sorry that just even you know, it feels so good to be able to say that out loud, to tell that again, because eventually you just learned to keep your mouth shit, you know, because you can get tired of people telling you that you didn't see what you saw waiting. Anyway, so after that night we started, well, first I started seeing, and I know this is gonna sound weird, but I'll explain it all a solid black helicopter going on the backside of where that thing come from, and it was going straight down. And then like an hour later, because I would sit and watch like I'm watching this, it would come up. I didn't even got it on video clip. Actually, if I can find it, i'll email it to I've got a video of it. Even so I started seeing the helicopter going down and then come back up and taking off. Later I told my husband, He's like, how is that helicopter going to land in the forest. I was like, I know what I'm seeing. So I went to Google Earth and looked. Because I had also been seeing a bunch of logging trucks coming in and out of there, a bunch of unmarked utility vehicles going in and out of there. So I went to Google Earth and there's a huge clearing back there, like a perfect rip single that they've logged out and cleared out. So anyway, well, later on he sees the helicopter because he asked me. He said, was that? He said, the helicopter you said you were seeing? He said, it's solid block. I was like, yeah, I was like why he said, because I saw it. And trust me, he would never give me that validation. And you know, he would never say anything just to appease me or you know or whatever. He needs a very skeptical straight shooter, like if he can't see it, it ain't real, you know what I mean. That's the kind of guy is. So he's very rational too, Like I'm just like, he's not open minded to things like this. I think I think you just have to be wired that way anyway. Anyway, so he sees, he says, he sees the helicopter as well. Then we start hearing dogs on the weekends. Just on the weekends over there, you can hear dogs running the mountains or you know, through the forest and stuff like there. And I told my husband, I was like, you know, there's I think they're dropping dogs off for whatever reason. They're they're letting dogs out over there. And uh so we see that, you know, and excuse me. One second, Then we start seeing, you know, well I start seeing because I'm I'm watching I start seeing like these flatbeds trucks, like these big flatbed vehicles with like huge generators going up in there. They've got a there's like on up the road. There's another road you can turn up and there's a home that sits up on the hill. It's like a double wide trailer. But that his driveway will lead straight back into that area. Well, I've noticed that that road is extended now to go back into that area. And also on Google Earth, I'll look and you can see those aers in heavy equipment behind his house. I'm not making any of this up. I can show anybody where I'm talking about. And I told my husband, I said, I don't know what in the world is going on over there, but I'm like, something has to be. You know. You don't just see that kind of you don't see that equipment and helicopters and dogs. There's there's something going on. So I don't want to say I'm trying to keep up with my someone here. So we see, you know that, and we hear the dogs. Well, one day we're walking in the house. We had been somewhere and we're walking from our driveway to our front porch and both of us here machine gun fire. And trust me and my husband is a firearms instructor, we know what guns sound like. Neither one of us said a thing. We just looked at each other like did you hear that? And we heard it the one time. Maybe a few days later we both heard it again. So I think I think what happened, well, I know what happened as far as like what I saw, but I think either they were trying to detain it or that's all connected. Okay, the army, helicopter, the dogs, everything, it's all connected. It has to be. That's too many extremely weird things and a short amount of time for it not to be all connected. And also that summer, you know, because there's a lot of farmers around here, within a few months, I think between baby calves and sheep that went missing between two farmers was like thirty something. And because I remember them talking about it, and I was like, that just doesn't happen, you know, like a bear will get some sometimes, you know, or cody or something, but that's just that don't happen thirty something. But uh, because I remember what somebody else had said, like they believe people were like stealing them I'm like, I don't know where they're from if they think that, because you don't just drive your vehicle up to the side of a fence and snatch a calf. You know, first of all, the mother's probably gonna tramvel you to death. And plus you know, you don't just pick a cal or sheep up and throw it in the back of your truck. There's fences all over the place. It's not like you just throw open fields or nothing. You know, lot of doing to do that without getting notice, especially at that number at that volume. But so another as far as across the house goes and all the activity and all that, if you go on out the holler, well, because they live in a valley, and then like you can take a lift and it takes you through like a holler and then eventually you get to town. So out the holler there used to be a couple of nursing homes that set way back like you take you turn off the road the hollow road, and go way back down a little single lane country road, and there's a couple of nursing homes back there, and that's all that was back there. But somebody had bought them both out and closed them both down, and there was nothing back there. And now there's a road, a dugout road that extends from that road up into these woods. I don't know, and there's always you know, like I said, utility vehicles and whatever went in and out of that road. I told my husband, I said, I honestly wish I hadn't seen anything, because people make you feel like you're crazy to the point were you will like you'll question yourself. Did I really see that, you know? Or did I really hear that? But the thing is, I know what I saw, and I know where I heard. I've got no reason to lie about this. I've not told everybody. I've told my husband, my best friend, and I've told you. That's it. You know. I'm not looking for attention. There's nothing to gain. But I do know around here it would be the perfect place for any activity like that, because people around here they mind their business. They're just country folks. They could see a UFO land in a field. They just keep driving to go home. They're not telling anybody and just mind their business. They don't you know what I'm saying. They don't get hyper tore up about nothing. They just it ain't none of my business. I'm going to go on home. So but that really wraps up that whole experience, you know, with all this stuff, you know, seeing stuff and hearing stuff and that encounter and until the day I die, if nobody believes me, I'm not here to prove anything to anybody, because, like I said, I know what I saw and it is what it is right like to may not believe in me, is it going to change a thing? You had a girl on your show a while back, and she made the best point I think she was I'm upstate, New York and she her brother had inherited a cabin or something. She said, I can't be crazy if I'm saying every other day of the week. I thought that that's an awesome point. I'm saying every other day. It's not like I'm running around always how I'm seeing you know, UFOs or you know, it's not like this is this is not something I just do. And that's what I tell my husband. I said, I can't be crazy if I'm saying the rest of the time. Why would I lie? There's nothing to gain from it. But when I was a little girl, I'm going to tell you something else that kind of well, all right, ever since I was a little girl, I've had the same nightmare. Now you can't ask anybody this because I've told several people this. I'm always running, either through a forest or a building, like an abandoned building. I'm always running, like petrified of something. I've only seen it one time in my dream, and I was in an old schoolhouse and I was running. I mean, I'm talking making up, screaming kind of nightmare. I was on an elevator and I'm trying to get away from this thing, and the elevator opens and it's standing there. It doesn't really have a form if it's like this eight foot tall black mass thee like some I've ever seen it. But when I was also a little girl, my uncle's like there was a lot of aunts and uncles. Look at my grandparents had like a lot of kids. So my uncles weren't very much older than me. Right, so some of us are just like through four years apart. But one night, they the boys they shared a room, right because it's country, there's not like big mansions or nothing like that around here. They start screaming and hollering and they said something was trying to crawl through the window. They said it was covered in hair and it was like it's arms and upper body were trying to come through the window. Well, Papa thought it was a bear or something, so he grabs a gun and runs out on the porch. He's gonna run around side the house and shoot it. He runs out on the porch and whatever it was was on two legs and it was running down their hill and Popaul kept a bunch of barrels and stuff. I don't know why we had a bunch of barrels, but that thing was almost like running serpentine and it was knocking those barrels behind it and all around. And so that's why I thought, you know, I'm not the only person around here that's seen stuff like this. I mean, even people in my own family have seen stuff like this. So that I was just like, there's no way I don't want. I know, some people do lie, or they embellish or exaggerate, and I'm not saying anybody that I've heard is, but you know, it's just human nature sometimes people do that. But I don't see any reason to ever lie about something like that, you know, like, why why would you because my Pappaul, like if you lied to him, like he's going to strap your legs, that's all he raise to it, you know, so there's no reason to lie and take a chance that I'm getting a whooping you know. Oh yeah, so yeah, I mean he's just like that. So which he believed him because he thought was on oz and at first he thought it was like a bear or something, but then he saw whatever it was renting on two legs. But there is a lot of I'm not gonna say, well, I guess you could say paranormal things that have in my family, and I believe you have to be I don't think everybody. I know everybody's not open minded to that, but I think some people are more drawn or even like just like you can see it easier than some people, like one night one of my aunts, and I think it's I think it can be attracted to you too, you know what I'm saying. It's like, sorry, energies, Oh I don't know.
Speaker 1: I get what you're saying. Absolutely it on what you're saying. Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: I think that some people, like my husband for example, it's just it ain't happening, you know what I'm saying. Like he could really he could be abducted by aliens and he'd be like, no, that didn't happen. That was just like a I don't know the utility worker. You know that was the gas man. So because it's not and it'll never come out in his mile favor, but uh, I don't know. I'm also a Christian, Okay, I believe in God one. My faith in God is one. It's solid. So I'm going to tell you as far as like being afraid of like paranormal activity or demons or whatever, I don't fear that because I don't have to. I do not have to fear that because as a Christian, and nobody has to agree with this, But as a Christian, I am bought and covered by the blood, and nothing can cross that. Nothing can cross that. I have no reason to fear. But I think things will try to come against you. You know that anyway. They're going to try.
Speaker 1: Big for society, who will be right back after these messages, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna try anyway. Things will. I think sometimes things will present itself to you to to try to break your spear and to try to break your faith. But come on, all right, No, I was so prepared to talk to you, but now I have drawn a total blank.
Speaker 1: How about I'll ask you a few questions.
Speaker 2: For a little bit, and yeah, that would be awesome.
Speaker 1: We'll do that for a bit and we'll see where that leads. So you had the circles, No, you've got a lot. You've got a lot going on, and yeah, that happens, and it's all up in your your head. You're trying overwhelming truly, Yeah, it's overwhelming. Do you saw the the the creature in the field by your house?
Speaker 2: Right? Yep? Were you ever would love a tree line got you?
Speaker 1: Were you ever able to go over there and to see if there are any tracks or or did you really just stay away? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well no not because I mean I would have, but you know you'd have to like flimb the fence or just go up through the dude's gate. And I don't know them that well. And plus you know, even if there were tracks, there's cows all through this area, you know all the time when there's cowls over there, sometimes horses too. So but listen, I can tell you this, I am one hundred percent for certain whatever I saw was not a cow. It was in a bear and it was in a person. It was I can't, I cannot. I wish I could. I wish I could draw it. I'm not artistic at all. I wish I could describe it, you know. That's the best I can describe it. But I know in the sound it was making. As long as I live till the day I die, I'll never forget that noise. Ever, I cannot find anything to come close to it. Though I have looked, I've searched it up. I've tried to search up like where noise is coming out of the mountains. It's just you know, anything, But there's nothing I can find to even come close to that. Oh yeah, something I did forget to tell you because I'm out here looking across there now. I started doing like video and over there, you know, like zoomed in, and I showed my husband is too during that time, and I think I might be looking at one now, look at there was something rigged up in those trees. I don't know if there were cameras or sensors or what, but there was something rigged up, and those trees tied up over there. In those trees are not tied up, but they were pitched up somehow. To me, that's why I think that was all related, because it's almost like it was being tracked by somebody, like maybe the government or something. And I think the reason like, because you know, somebody else say, well, how come nobody's seen it since? Or how come nobody saw it before? I have theory on that. If you are a sasquatch or foot or any kind of weird entity, you're not going to linger around one area too long, right, because a lot of people start seeing it and like a lot of stuff goes missing, like calves or sheep or whatever. Over a long period of time, it probably gets you know it down and killed. So I think they just they keep going, you know what I'm saying. I don't think they linger. And I live in near bodies of water, like as the crow flies. I might live ten minutes from a lake in one direction and then from another direction a river, right, so there's all bodies of water here too, So I think that's where you see a lot of stuff like that, you know, because they have to have water probably. Oh and my neighbors, my neighbors like that live across the way because it's like two houses during that time also, and they still have it too. They put up a dust till dawn light that is so bright and it stays on twenty four to seven or not, but when it starts, you know, like all the night, it just so it literally makes their front yards look like daytime. And they put that up that year too, And that happened like maybe one hundred yards from their house, but on the same side of the road as their house. So I don't know a lot of weird stuff happening.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, do you ever talk to your neighbors to see if if they've seen things? But it also sounds like people don't really talk in your area.
Speaker 2: But you know, I have thought about it, because I mean, I know what she is, and you know around here everybody knows everybody if we all know everybody, But you know, really, with working and everything else you got to do, people really don't. I'm going to say take the time, because that's the truth. We don't take the tom to visit others like we should, or just to say, you know, hello, how are you doing? You need anything? I have thought about talking to her, and I actually might do that. I haven't yet, but I have actually thought about it, because something's got to be. I mean, they they're bound to have heard something or seen something because, like I said, they live right here, the same area as me. I'm not the only one lives here. But I also know people could see like I said, at Ufo Land and they're just going to go on home, go on home and eat supper and then care. You know, they just mind their business. Oh it's weird.
Speaker 1: You'd mentioned that the two farmers. So there are they lost calves and sheep or were they finding.
Speaker 2: Exam yes, killed, they were finding them killed, okay, and like I guess eating up or what you know, like killed and ate them up or whatever.
Speaker 1: Were they where they were affording anything weird about what they were finding the way that they were looking.
Speaker 2: No, No, they just assumed it was a bear. So I'm assuming the bodies were probably you know, which I guess a coyote could tear one up to but a caff, you know, it's not you know, they're adorable, they're a little but you know, if you have a cauff it's even two or three months old, it's still a pretty big animal, you know, So maybe not for an entire pack of codies. But I can tell you this, I've heard coyoties so many times around here, but I've never seen any cooties close to where people like actually live, you know, like we've never seen codies like rent through the yard or like you can hear them in the mountains all night long. But I don't know, And it may have been codies. But to me, the volume, that number, that's just that's a lot. That's just a lot for a couple of months time. I think it is. I've never heard of something like that before, you know, as far as that man you're going missing or getting killed or whatever, it's because I guess some are. Yeah, it is weird because like some you know that were missing and that's why they maybe presented the idea that somebody was skilling them. And then some were just found, you know, devoured.
Speaker 1: Ye Donnie, are you are you ever finding any weird items on your property or parts of animals or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we found bones before. We found like deer bones in the backyard. Like we have a bunch of bamboo that grows in our backyard. It's so invasive, but there's one section of bamboo it's like I don't know, like a quarter of a football field, there's a lot of it, but we've found like because I've tried to dig some of it up, and I'm going to tell you that as an exercise in futility, that that's impossible to get up. That I found bones in that bamboo. And like you can see like where things have walked through it, you know, and bamboos tough. You know, it's tough to get bamboo to lay down, you know what I'm saying. It's very hard. But you can see where things have walked through and there's like two pads that but they're not I wouldn't think it would be like anything massive. I can walk through them. Let's put it that leg. So maybe I don't know, but there's two pads one through that bamboo and we have found bones back there. Oh in one year, well it was the same year when we put our garden out and I come home and and been mowing or something all day, and the tomato plants were gone. They weren't eating, they were ripped up and gold like they were just there're nothing like a root, not a stem, nothing, they were just going. And I was gonna tell you about my Popball too. He had a smokehouse. I mean, I mean to take you a second ago. He had a smokehouse, you know, the smoke mate in it if they killed a hog or something. Well, he like the top of the smokehouse was like a loft, you know, and it was like an a free smokehouse. So he would hang mate in the center from that loft right so like nothing could climb a shell like coum you know what I'm saying, come up on the wall, like you would have to reach up and get it if you wanted it right right, So unless it was a bear, there's nothing gonna reach it, and nothing's gonna jump up there and grab it. So he had that mate hanging from that loft like right in the center, had a padlock on the door. It was out one day. The it's like a tin roof on it. Okay, the roof has been like bent backwards, meat's gone. Doors still intact. You know what I'm saying. Whatever got it went into the roof and got it.
Speaker 1: Again. It's how how high up was that roof? You think?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking ten feet? Maybe because I know us kids used to play like we played hide and seek. We put a lighter in there and like we'd come around hand that loft, so, I mean it was really tall of like we couldn't just climb up in and we had to use the lighter when we would play in it when Papa wasn't using its smoke. But yeah, the roof was like like the corner part of it was just kind of like pulled back, and the meat was gone, and it wasn't very wide. It was maybe m I'm trying to think maybe four foot by four foot. It was not very big. It was tall, it wasn't big wide, so but the meat was gone and it was like I think they had just curled the so there was you know, pork in there.
Speaker 1: When you would go over to their property, would they ever say things like well, don't go out to this corner of the property, or when it gets start, you guys get back here and stuff like that. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: And in the evening times if us kids were outside playing, like my mama was always sitting out there, like she never if she went in, if it even used the bathroom, we had to go in with her. And my paup Paul taught her because he was a coal miner and you know, one night she was home, he was working evening shift or third shift or something. They called it Hudao Hohodel shift. One night, she was home with the kids and somebody tried to break in the door. Okay, so Popaul decided to teach her how to shoot a gun. There was an old tree stamp. They had a little creeks that ran by their house. There was a tree stamp across that creek, and my Papaul would take a match and set it upright in the center of that tree stamp, and my Mama could shoot that match out of that tree stamp from across the creek. She was a good shot. So Mama always sat outside with us, and she always had a whipping with any arms reached, just in case. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I think they oh yeah, Jerady. And she was a good show too. I'm gonna tell you the guy that actually, let me tell you how ridiculous this guy was. He told my papa because that happened again. Whoever tried to break in came back and Mama shot through the door. Well, maybe a day or two later, at work, some guy, Papaul was leaving work. It was morning. Some guy was coming in. He said, you need to take that gun away from your wife. She's going to kill somebody. Well, he just told on hisself in a Hello house. He gonna know that. So I reckon Papa. I'll take care of him country style that morning. But he never didn't mess with her again. No, Papa gave him a good old fashioned country aching.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so yeah, I mean. And you know, my mama bust her heart. She was a crucial woman. She would not lie. Listen to me. I was joking with her one time and I said I got to go clean my house. I said, I wish it would just burn down. I was just playing, okay. She scolded me and made me hang up and pray and ask God to free me and call her back. And said she was very really just like you just don't say stuff right, you don't say stuff like that. But she said one night her brother had got killed a rock fell on him in the Colemans. And she said she was laying in bed one night and she looked out to her window. She looked towards the window, and she said she saw him lying in his coffin and he said, marine Hell is hot, big.
Speaker 1: For a society, who will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: He said, change your ways. And when she was very young, and honey, she said, he rolled over in that coffin. That story has never left me. It's terrified. Can you imagine how caravine that would be, how scary. So I'm just saying, there's always creepy, weird thing there, you know. Just I'm a grown woman, and to this day, if I go there, I won't go alone. I won't go out at night alone, you know what I'm saying, Like, I won't even go and I won't even sleep alone in a room. It's like somebody's coming in here with me.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, so that's that's actually that's interesting. You said that. So are you saying that even if you're inside your house, like you sometimes have things happen inside the house, or you just don't feel safe when.
Speaker 2: You're not here, really not here, not at my home, at my mama's home. She's passed away now. But yeah, no, when I was there, no, absolutely not. I never felt like, of course I was much younger than you know, I was a teenager and early adulthood, but no, I never felt like I always felt at presence. I guess like something's scary. You know like I was never at ease, especially at night. It was always just very scary. One of my aunts one night. I don't know why. I don't know any of the details around this story. I just know that something happened one night and she fell on the floor and they said she slithered like a snake across the floor. Ain't that and have to make your blood run cold?
Speaker 1: Some scary stuff? I come back from that.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm just saying there's always some scary, creepy things, and that's why I said some things are just strawn the certain energies I believe. But I also believe in the power of the blood of Jesus, and I know I'm covered by that blood and I'm bought by that blood. So I'm not afraid of anything, you know, even attacking me or anything like that. I just I don't fear that because I don't have to hear that. Sure, I'm not going to run into his arms, but you know, I'm not afraid of it, you know, attacking me or notthing like that.
Speaker 1: And that's a good thing to bring up. You know, you're not afraid of it, but you're not going to run towards its arms.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's foolishness, a.
Speaker 1: Big distinction to make. Yes, I was thinking about this area that you've pulled up on Google Earth. This the clearing area that you keep seeing anything. Now, you're probably already aware of this because you sound like you're you're you're pretty smart trying to figure stuff out, Donnie. But you know, have you ever looked? There are places where things are public record. You know, there's assessor sites, and there's is a great hunting app. I don't know if you have access to that, but there are ways where, you know, if you knew that area, you might be able to get some info about like how it is registered publicly.
Speaker 2: Yes, I hadn't thought of doing that. You're right though, I mean I could probably just go to public records at the corrals and get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, you might even be able to a lot of those places. They'll have websites where you can get the same info without having to go into the courthouse, oh.
Speaker 2: Actually going in to get it right, get it online? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, cool, Well that's where it's looking at.
Speaker 2: Something else. I was going to tell you I was because I love Google Earth. You know, anytime I'm I mean, sometimes I'll just pull up a place just to look at it, you know, because I love it. But you know, when I was doing all this, so I, like I said, I live at the foot of a mountain. Well on the back side of the mountain, Okay, on the other side. It's in a different county, and there's like my husband hunts and stuff over there a lot. But I was looking just I was actually looking for the lake I was telling you about, you know, to kind of see like approximately, like how close it would be. Well, I was looking on Google Earth, and I noticed between our house and like the place I was telling you where my husband on hunts, and the other county I found I saw and this this is actually just recently. I don't know what it is, but I know there's no public roads to it. But there's like a place up there. It's got like a helicopter landing pad, and it's got like you're a transformer, looks like right, like the radio transformer, like a power transformer. You know. There's like I don't know how many of those, Like there's just like two or three buildings and like all these transformers and a helicopter landing pad. It's not named or anything, and there's no public roads into it. I just I've never seen it before. I can tell you that. I just And I guess that's why people think people like me sound crazy, because it's like, oh, you're just reaching now. No, I'm not saying it's one thing or another. I'm just saying it's weird, and it is. It is very weird. But I would guarantee you if people knew everything that it's kept from us, nobody would be calling people make me crazy because there is absolutely a correlation between government and whatever we're seeing. There's no way, there's no way there's as many sightings and encounters people going missing. There's no way that it can happen that often, and the government is not going to be aware of it or take it serious or something or another. Okay, but it's like this. You know, if they knew like an asteroid was headed to the earth and about the we're all about to die, you think they're going to tell anybody, No, it will cause mass hysteria. And they're not going to tell anybody about any of this other stuff too, because they know they'd have to deal with a bunch of hysterical people. You know, I just I feel like there's a lot that we don't see because people number one, refuse to see it. It's easier to ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist. You don't have to be afraid that way. And there's things that are right under our nose that people just they don't see it. You know, you have to look for You have to look for it sometimes, and that's that's just all there is to it. You know, they're not going to put anything right in your face and they're going to come out and be honest with you. They're just going to tell you what you want, what's you what they think you need to know. And my philosophy in life is trust nobody. Trust nobody one hundred percent. Nobody. The one I trust one hundred percent is God. Everybody else, whether they do or not have the capacity to hurt you or to lie to you or anything. You see, we're humans, right, I trust nobody a hundred percent, and least.
Speaker 1: Of all our governments, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Not just our government, any government, right.
Speaker 1: I agree with you that I mean more than likely, Yes, there there's information in different agencies I would I would guess. And the thing about it is is that right now. The folk. If there's weird stuff that's going to come out, it's going to be the UFO stuff, and that I think probably if there's big foot stuff, it is buried so deep it just takes the right oh yeah, and the right person with the right connections to find it out. Like if someone's listening and has connections to that, you should do it hypothetically anyways.
Speaker 2: Right, Another thing, well, can I say this real quick? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, the bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Thing is such a running joke now. People do not take it serious. That's the very least thing. If the government were like involved in this, behind this, they don't have to worry about that because they know nobody takes it serious except for the ones that have seen it with their own eyes. But they know a bigfoot could walk in my house right now and go cook supper. And you know what I'm saying, Like, nobody's gonna leave me because so they don't have to worry about that. But I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: Another thing I was going to ask you about your area to see if you've looked into it yet, is have you done just the basic search about you know, because you know, what time you're in, what county, all the things about that area. Have you looked in different places to see if there's been other sightings reported as well?
Speaker 2: I have. Yeah, I've looked at like I googled, like you know, sightings in Virginia, you know, and like it'll give you like a map of like you know, I guess like it'd be like little red dots, you know, all of the state. And there have been other ones around here. But you know, at the same time, not everybody's gonna report things they see because they're very ridicule, you know, and they just like I didn't report anything. You know, I'm not gonna call and me be like, hey, you know, i'self something maybe in a big foot over my field. You know, like nobody, especially right here. People got a lot of pride as far as like you know, they're not gonna they're gonna do anything that's gonna make them look crazy or you know, And that's so sad because you can't be honest. You can't tell people because you do, you get ridiculed or you know, you get mopped, and it's to the point where you even question yourself, like I told your earlier and it's like, okay, well, maybe did I see that? Is that what I saw? Can you even try to find ways to convince yourself that you didn't see it? With the bottom line is I did. I did see it. Nothing changes that, and that's all there is to it. Like, if nothing ever comes out of it, nobody ever believes me. I still saw it. It was still there. That's there's nothing I can do about it. Nobody believes me. They just want to believe me.
Speaker 1: But I know what I saw, Donnie. Let's so let's let's, you know, a hypothetical question for you. Let's say that you indeed do have at least one bigfoot that's in the area of your property or in bordering areas. What kind of interaction would you want to have with that? Knowing let's say if you knew one hundred percent yes it's there, what kind of interaction would you want to have with that in your area?
Speaker 2: Well? Well, okay, what kind of interaction? Well, I would like to have a mutual respect, Okay, Like I'm not going to hurt you. You're not going to hurt me. You know, I'm going to leave you being you're really maybe I wouldn't you know, I don't want anything coming, any threat at all to come to my family or to my friend door. But I'm not going to be threaten in anything else either. You know, if it's there, it's there. And you know, just because it's not written in the Bible, and just because it's not written in our history books or are you know, geography books, does not mean things aren't real. Okay. I mean there's no giraffes mentioned in the Bible either, but they're real, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Or or on the other hand, maybe it is written in the Bible. I mean, just oh yeah, yeah, but I mean there's so many different ways to look at this. And yeah, the thing about you know, us not having a specimen that is publicly known, is we don't know one hundred percent what it is that's out there. You know, it could be undiscovered grade ape where it could be a relative of a human or I mean there's some people that even say, uh, giant or nephelin, all sorts of things.
Speaker 2: Right. I think it's sentient whatever it is, it is syndient being. I think it is capable of emotion and constructive thought processing. You see what I'm saying. Do you don't say what I'm trying to say. Real. I think it is very what's the word I'm looking for? It is very methodical, not in a bad way necessarily, But you don't you have to if you were gonna be that elusive. You don't get that way from being stupid or being you know, just like you know what I mean, Like you have to have some kind of thought process. Yeah, you had to have some kind of thought process, like a method to the madness basically. But yeah, I mean, if there was if I knew for sure there was a big fit around these mountains, you know, just you do you, babe? You know who? Just don't. I ain't gonna mess with you, and you ain't gonna mess with me. And that's all there is to it. You know, I have no problem, you know, even like bears and stuff. You know, I don't consider anything a threat unless it is I direct threat to me. Like I come in my house one time, about ten twelve years ago, and there's a five foot four black snake, and how long it was laying in my hallway. No, normally I would never kill a black snake because they're good for killing rats and mice and they keep they killed other poisonous snakes, but this one came in my house and I told him, I said, dude, you had the whole earth to good one which you came in my house. And now I gotta kid. You know you found your way in once. You can't live now. So unless it's a direct thrick to me, I don't consider it a threat. Oh unless it's a grasshopper. I'm picturefied of those things. Oh my god, if you want to see seven kinds of crazy, put a grasshopper on me. You'll see ter them.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they don't care the devil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ooh oh yeah, I'm scared at them.
Speaker 1: Donnie.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm a nut.
Speaker 1: No, not at all awesome. But I did have one last question I just randomly thought of. Is sure, and you don't have to be super specific because we're keeping the area vague, but is the area also known for other weird things that people experience or things like that?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not like necessarily notorious, Like you know, it's not like people say, oh, that area is known for blah blah blah. But I know I do know this, and I'm not going to mention a name. I mean I can million the name so you can look at up later, but on the podcast, I'm not going to mention the name. We had a hunter, a hunter that went in the woods to hunt a while back, and he's never been seen since, like not a scrap and a never been seeing six nothing would ever found. You just never come home. And they have searched and I mean I'm talking searched relentlessly. Well not so much now because it have been years ago. Yeah, he never never come back again. That's weird now, that is.
Speaker 1: And it's that those sort of things always make me wonder, you know, especially I'm sure you've seen the missing forms. Some of those definitely get extremely weird, and it makes you think twice about going out in the woods by yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Atten. When I was little, we would run the woods like swinging on great guns. We didn't we didn't have a care in the world. But now I don't go in the woods unless I'm armed. And that's just the truth of it. Not necessarily just because the bears. You don't know what you're going to come across. I mean, people are scarier than bears, but you know what I'm saying, I feel like they're a bigger threat than a bear, probably even a bigger threat than a bigfoot. But I don't go in the woods now that I'm not armed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. A lot of researchers I talked to, and I think with good reason. You know, they are more concerned with running into people out in the woods that are just bad news. Yeah, and just bad, bad, bad, bad people You've got. You've got to be prepared to protect yourself or others that are around.
Speaker 2: But Donnie, well, you don't threaten us with a good time around here.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true. Western Virginia is ready ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm your Heckleberry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Donnie, it has been it's been fun chatting with you today. You've got some really interesting things going on down there. I hope that, you know, maybe you can keep me up to date with any any other things you notice, and hopefully doesn't get too crazy down there. But it sounds like you may be maybe having some weird things happen, So we'll see what comes next for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm definitely I've got cameras outside the house now like the ring camera. It's not ring, it's like blink. Okay, I got them on, you know, just dinner ship in front back whatever. But anyway, yeah, and I do appreciate you talking with me. Sorry when a little adhd on you, but you know it happens, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Well, well we'll be keeping in touch.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sure, thank you so much for ba.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to take a few minutes to say thank you to you allan listeners for listening to the podcast. Please take a minute to help out the show by subscribing on YouTube tube, making sure you hit the bell so you don't miss any notifications, and share the episode on YouTube with a friend. Also, if you're listening to us on a podcast, thank you so much. Make sure that you're subscribed, share the show with a friend. Really, it's all about sharing the show wherever you can. If you've had a Bigfoot encounter related to the following or know someone who has, please reach out to me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com or pass on my email. Here's the list. The Subtle Lake area of Oregon, Rainbow Oregon, McKinsey Bridge area, sweet Home pretty much that entire area, the north part if you get what I mean. I'll see you back next time. Listeners SASA Summerfest this year July eleventh through the twelfth. It's going to be fantastic July eleventh through twelfth in Greenwaters Park and Oakridge, Oregon. And listeners, if you're going to go, you can get a two day ticket for the cost of one if you use the code b F S like Bigfoot Society, but BFS and I'll get used some off your cost. Priscilla wasn't nice enough to provide that for my listeners. So there you go. I look forward to seeing you there, so make sure you head over to www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com and pick up your tickets today