Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, I just knocked something over. Welcome to Game Mess Mornings with Me Jeff Grub, your host from Giantbaham dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about yet another new game that came out of nowhere to earn rave reviews. Battlefield six reviews are in, and maybe we shouldn't require companies to store our government ideas on a server just so hackers can steal it. It's gonna be a good one because we have Jana Choa on the show. Jan, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm enraged, Grubb. I'm enraged on ed for a story that we'll see later today. I've actually been shoot fuming about it and wallowing in it because I am so incensed Grub.
Speaker 1: Yep, there's multiple of those today, so it'll be a fun one. Yes, Hey, you pick everyone, which one is it? Dealer's choice? Absolutely, golf's going well and the golfs going well. Jan, it's called up bar into the bargain for keeping this week of feeling good vibes. So I did some PGA tour this morning and that that game's good. It's a good game. It does what it needs to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what game is not good though, grub No, it's that Everybody's Golf.
Speaker 1: It's not good. It's not good Everybody's Golf hot Shots specifically the latest one not made by clap Hands. I did download. God, I can't remember that Easy Come Easy Golf, which is the new one from that team that was Everybody's Golf before that, they were hot Shots. Later they were Claphans Golf. That that's Clappans the studio doing it. You can tell. It's very much made for mobile. But it's a much better game than Everybody's Golf hot Shots for sure. It's it really is quite good, even though it's like I think a lot of the main modes like hey, here's three holes, and you have to have a team of golfers, and so one golfer does one hole and you kind of have to strategically decide who's going to do what. It's interesting, but it's you know, it probably wouldn't be my first go to golf game right now. There's so many class contracts that I just actually haven't played. Maybe I would go to one of those instead.
Speaker 2: But however, shouts out to the game and former crew van Ache and Invound Van Allen for going up against you and Dan yesterday. That was very fun time. Hey, I just I just want to say this. Those dudes are funny as hell.
Speaker 1: Oh they're great. Yeah, well, we'll do a lot more with them as long as they're willing to lose, because we won't.
Speaker 2: We could also do a co op thing maybe grub hear me out, great, let's just do a games media wide peak stream.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, because we can have like a lot of players on that multiplayer version right exactly, sport like up to sixteen people or something.
Speaker 2: And then we just try and race, like we could just have teams of three four, Yeah, go up the mountain as they go. You know there, there's kind of funny. There's min Max next Lander Game Informer.
Speaker 1: Let's get to work. Let's let's make this happen. That would be a lot of fun. Golf. We does continue the later today, everybody, we're gonna do some Nintendo Switch Sports golf right after this. We'll have to get set up for that, and it'll be a little bit after games mornings because we're we're gonna let Dan get back from something he's out on assignment. Uh, and then tomorrow will be Mario Golf. We'll do some of that after game mes mornings, and then UPF will be Actually like it's a two parter. So today today Nintendo switch Sports golf, and then for UPF we're doing Everybody's it's not everybody, it's the let's golf together, Yeah, golf together, golf with friends, Golf with friends. That's what I mean, all these different golf games in my head, and we're gonna take the scores from that combine them to see who is the winner of golf weeks. So definitely stick around to it. It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 2: This is a question for my anime freaks out there. I know that there are a lot of sports animes out there. Volleyball, boxing, basketball, for sure, tennis.
Speaker 1: Is there a golf one? There's got to be. Golf is huge in Japan. Yeah, definitely, And I feel like there's like a the traditional one of like a kid is going to be on the golf team in his high school or something like that. Yeah, Berdiewing, I asked, and I've been answering it. There you go, all right, everybody, But yeah, Birdie Wing, that's a good name. I think it's. Yeah, I think I saw that. I think there's a game of that on Switch. Actually interesting. Let's explain what we do here. We're Giant Bomb Video Game Defences, Independent Games Media. We're out here on our own, but we're not because we have you at our backs. Because you went to giant bomb dot com slash Join, became a premium member, and we are so grateful to everyone who has done that. It has gone a long way to making sure we can keep doing all the stuff that we do here. We'll also getting you ad free shows, getting you some extras, getting you some goodies here and there. But really it's all about supporting independent games media. And you've come through on that. If you have it, if you want to join again, that's giant Bomb dot com slash Join, you become a premium member. It does. It's something we notice, we take seriously. We really appreciate it. If you can't make that, you can't swing that right now, it's golf week. If you can't swing that right now, we understand, never do it. If you cannot afford it, we never would want you to do that, So just tell a friend instead. Like that goes just as far in a lot of ways, and it means a lot to us, and again, we notice these things and we appreciate it. So get a sugar Baddy. That's yes, Yeah, if you're sugar Daddy, you should definitely be in there making it happen for us. As far as this show goes most weekdays, I Jeff Grubb, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on Twitch welcome, You could always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game Mes Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show letter with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with Battlefield six reviews eighty five on Open Critic Jam with only eighteen reviews. I think the embargo lifted ten minutes ago, so kind of threw this in here as we were going I haven't I have this, but I haven't had a chance to check it out. I did. Christian was playing it as well, and he played the the single player campaign and thought it was pretty laughable. And that's kind of a lot of the responses here is. Look, it's at best a serviceable campaign, boiler plate very easy to ignore, which I think is probably not too surprising to people of these days for to hear about a shooter campaign in one of these big multiplayer multiplayer shooter games. But Dalton Cooper over a Game Rant gave it a nine out of ten excuse me, nine out of ten. It's said Battlefield six is an explosive first person shooter with adrenaline fueled multiplayer that is truly Battlefield at its best. Got a nine point five out of ten from but Why though, who says Battlefield is a Battlefield six is a giant leap forward for the franchise, were turning to the peak of online first person shooters, And then eight out of ten from Austin Soother at tech Raptor, who says Battlefield six is campaign features a short and disappointing story filled with military jargon and not much else. But the multiplayer is the real highlight here. Multiplayer will absolutely keep players addicted with its strong progression system of vast maps and outstanding gun play. You know, we had a good idea that this game was going to deliver based on those betas. People seemed really happy with it them. I had a good time with it. I'm not usually a Battlefield person, had a good time with it. Still, probably not gonna be spending a ton of time with this, but we'll do a couple of streams and I'm sure I will continue to have fun with it when we play together. But it does, I mean to me, it sounds like this game delivered what it needed to deliver to have a chance to really keep Battlefield in a circle of relevancy.
Speaker 2: I don't know, what do you think, yes, Greb, I mean the story that you talked about with Matt piscatell yesterday about Paul of Duty even being worried about Battlefield six's popularity is pretty telling, because I feel like the last couple Battlefield titles haven't been that much of worry for For Call of Duty, it's I think it's fairly interesting and a little disappointing that the single player campaign is just so lackluster, as people have been pointing out. But honestly, if it means that they are just putting most of their efforts into the multiplayer, which we all know people are picking Battlefield six up or a Battlefield game up entirely is for the multiplayer because of these shenanigans that will ensue. But I'm glad that that hype from the open beta has carried over to the actual release. That being said, Grub, I feel internally conflicted because it is an EA game, and with everything going on with EA, it's it kind of sours. It puts a sour taste in my mouth.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's definitely a little bit easier to put a game like this now that EA is in the process of becoming owned by Saudi Arabia. Of course that deal is not going to close for a very long time. But but whatever that does, who cares. That's not really of interest to hear of to us. We get what's happening here, and yeah, so it becomes, like I said, easier for me for me to find an excuse to play a different game rather than this. I'm right there with you on that. At the same time, it's like, you know, we'll check out. I'll check the stuff out for the job, of course, and maybe I have a good time, and it's a lot of people worked very hard on this and they didn't have any say on what happened to it. But still like, I can't help the way I feel, which is very similar to what you feel, jan I. You know, I think the question for Battlefield six now is, look, you had to have a strong start like that is that it does seem crucial to a game like this, whereas other games can sort of like build their way back up. Battlefield six is playing in the biggest of the big leagues. It's trying to compete with Call of Duty, and so you actually can't have any missteps because you can't be trying to make up ground to like, oh, this game actually delivered in the end. Yeah, that's fine. This game's trying to do Call of Duty numbers, so it had to have a strong start, and it does. So then there is now a secon battle. Can you have long term support for something like this? Can you make people feel good about spending money on micro transactions? What does that look like for an audience that's made it very clear they do not want SpongeBob. They don't even want someone wearing like a slightly colorful shirt in the game. So it's like, how do you sort of convince that audience to spend money while making it appealing to a broader audience because that increases the pool of likely people who might spend money on your game. It's going to be challenging for them to figure that out, but they at least are starting with a sort of poll position here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it is going to be hard to sustain themselves without embracing the skin economy. I mean again, that was a big story yesterday with two xkos one hundred dollars skin packs, and I feel like Call of Duty was trying to ride that line for the longest time.
Speaker 1: Grub.
Speaker 2: But then you see any Call of Duty clip or a person that streams Call of Duty actively, and any of the skins of that game are absolutely bonkers. Yeah, because you'll see Rambo, and then you'll see Nicki Minaj and then you'll see Uh, the Donnie Darko Rabbit.
Speaker 1: I think that was the skin of the game.
Speaker 2: I think I could be he could I could be confusing it with like a different game that looks exactly like Call of Duty, But who sure? I think Uh was in the game as well.
Speaker 1: That sounds right, Yeah, Groot and maybe Rocket raccoon. Uh yeah, I uh listen, I'll like seeing Babas and butt Head and there. That's a lot of fun. I would like to see that in Battlefield six. But I'm again, we already have already said like, this is not necessarily the game for us, uh, and they don't have to win us over. But I think EA is like, well, yeah, but if we can keep the core audience happy and then also win over everyone else, that's where we really want to be and that will be where the tension comes from for this game and the relationship between the studio and the audience, and that is all yet to be seen, like how that's going to play out. But again, they have started from a position of strength, which will make everything sort of easier. That it doesn't mean they won't trip and fall and find some way up to mess this up. But it's a difficult business that they're in.
Speaker 2: And again, I know that I acknowledge the whole Saudi Arabia buying yea thing, but there are like an obscene amount of talented developers that have worked on this game, and I hope that they do get their flowers. And it seems like they are based off of these reviews.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. It's always challenging to navigate this, and at a certain point I sort of just like default to I feel the way I feel, and I can't help it. And I'm sorry if that's annoying to some people. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're gettri odd comedy festival skits.
Speaker 1: There we go. That's the real that's the dream, right there. Bill Burr, just in there telling jokes that won't upset the Saudi Arabian government. Absolam reviews, appslom or app solom. I'm not sure how to say it jam. The reason I'm talking about it, though, is this has got an eighty eight on Open Critic, higher than Battlefield six with almost double the reviews. I think it had something around thirty six reviews, which would actually be exactly double the reviews the battle success nine out of ten from Steve Watsont game Spot, who says, and this is how I put this one first, because it explains what it is. Infusing a classic beat him up structure with a modern roguelike loop is a match made in heaven. This is a Streets of Rage four. The people who made that dot Emu and Guard Break, who I think dot Emu like worked with Lizard Cube on the art, but Lizard Cubes not involved in this one. But the art still looks good, and the Guardbreak did the combat system in Streets Rage four. Streets of Rage four eventually got a rogue Light mode into it. It sounds like they took that made it an entire game just without Streets of Rage four stuff, and kind of like redoing the art and having new characters and things like that, and then built it out and made it even better. And that's a very very high score, a lot of nines, some nine point fives, and then the people who aren't given in a nine or nine point five basically just point to the rogue light side of being like, I don't like these kinds of games, so I don't like this as well. We'll talk about that here in a second for one of these reviews. But I am now very curious in this. It's curious about this. It has two player co op and it just it looks phenomenal. Nine point five out of ten from PlayStation Universe. That's Gary a bag at Dassaroff over there, who says an absolute treat that kept me coming back for more. Absolum does a lot right, and it's all due to the hard work of dot Emu and Guard Crushes. I said, Guardbreak Guard crushes previous efforts with incredible combat, stunning visuals, and a soundtrack that packs so much variety. It's hard to imagine how dot Emu can top themselves after Absolom and then seven out of ten from Adrian Burrows at the six Axis, who says, if I could have Absolum without the roguelike elements and admittedly a few less glitches, then I would have my ideal two D side scrolling beat them up, the best I've ever played. As it is, the roguelike structure and its inconsistent delivery unfortunately lowers the overall experience. It's still a very enjoyable game even with these issues. But this was so close to being a classic of the genre. It's like yeah, points like yeah, people feel the way they feel about it. I get that this doesn't. It's very informative for me. I do like rogueligs, rogue lights. I think that is a genre that should just be a staple of gaming where hey, everyone looks around says, hey, we're getting a ton of these Why are we getting some of these, so many of these, and I say, because it rules, and we should be getting this many. We should be getting haities two. We should be getting this all around the same time as a million other ones from any developers in rogue light modes being inserted into all kinds of games like God of War. It's a good thing and I am going to check this out and I'm pretty excited about it. What do you think about this, Janeah, yeah, Greb, I'm one hundred percent with you.
Speaker 2: I mean, we saw an influx of Battle Royale games, so let's just keep let's flood the market more with more rogue leg games. All right, I'm looking at a trailer for Absolom. For folks out there that are by a computer, I highly suggest you do because this game visually bangs. Also, they've got a cool dwarf character. I'm always down with that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Dott Emu is one of those devs that just absolutely nails visual stylings all the time, and it's kind of unfair and this, folks. I think I've said this multiple times, but I wish this is just where video games were primarily focusing on in terms of like look, I don't care if a dude.
Speaker 1: Really really really looks.
Speaker 2: Like a dude, But if something looks like a cartoon in motion, that is more entertaining at least more appealing for me personally. But this looks great. If the roguelick elements aren't necessarily that strong, but the beat them up side does sound good, I think that is enough of a hump for me to get over. Also, the fact that we could do this two player, we could do this is the run, but with this perhaps yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh that's actually not a bad idea. That would be a lot of fun. Yeah. And again I think like Adrian here is just kind of saying like in general doesn't like rogue late elements when they're talking about it inconsistent delivery. I think it means like one run to the other, you don't feel as good on one run as you do the next. And it's like for me, it's like, oh, that makes the great runs feel even better because they feel special. That's part of the appeal to me. So it's like, I think I'll to see for myself, But I bet the rogue light stuff here is pretty solid. Again, this is a team that has done this before with streets or age four, and it was really good in that game. I've done that, played that a bunch with family, and it's oh, I'm really glad that that was the focus of their next game. It's smart to kind of build on that and then you nailed it. Jan dot Emu has now become one of these it's a publisher and developer. They publish a lot of these games and do a lot of the work on that side, and then they kind of bring all these developers development studios together to work in conjunction and kind of just focus on their areas of strength where it's like, hey, no, guard crush, you are great at combat guard crushes. I think this studio that they like were bad at art. So what they did is they like took pictures of their friends in front of a grain screen. It did like a digitized sort of like Mortal Combat style thing, but with like really cheap looking people in cheap looking costumes for an excellent beat them up. I think that was them. Correct me if I'm wrong, chat, but I'm pretty sure that's right. And then people notice it's like, actually this combat owns. Yeah they should be. Let's they should be you know, we should build on top of that, and then they got the Streets of Rage four job, I think based on that, and now it's like, god Emu's going back to them over and over again. But like, you guys are really good at this. Don't worry, we got the art handled by someone else. And to me, it's like, this is a great strategy for where an indie game publisher for late like dot emu should be. And now they've consistently delivered over and over again with different combinations of studios. It is really impressive, and it continues to give me faith that this scene's really figuring things out in some areas. Obviously, so many games coming out, so many things fall through the cracks, absolutely, but at least someone's coming up with a strategy that feels different than you know, Devolver Digital or anyone else in the space.
Speaker 2: Also, I know that a lot of devs we're trying to get out of devs across the board in terms of scale, trying to get out of the way of GTA six and then trying to get out of the way of Silk Song. I do like when a game is just gonna drop, maybe not out of nowhere, but drop with enough confidence because like they know that they got that.
Speaker 1: Souse, Hm, Yes, absolutely, Jan It's Streets of Fury. Could you actually do you think you get that up? Like a YouTube video of that real quick and show people because it's just it's so incredible. This came out in twenty fifteen from guard Crush. They self published. They developed the game. God. We should actually go back and play so. I bet it's been played on Giant bum before, but I would like to play some more of it. And it has four player co op beat them up God these This is the kind.
Speaker 2: Of game that we should make, right. I believe the og gang did play through this. I believe I bet they did. Yes, I would. I would love to play some more of it. It just looks so cool.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here. While you get that, I'm gonna get ready for the next story here. Nintendo says it's close to You pickman videos, where Nintendo pictures short films rather than a game or movie teaser. This is from Chris Scullion at VGC. Nintendo has shed more light on the Close to You videos it released this week, seemingly cooling expectations that they referred to an upcoming game or movie. On Tuesday, Nintendo posted the first close to You video with no explanation or description. Sorry, okay, yah, just there you go. Everybody, look at this game. This is not the Pickman short. All right, This is not the Pickman short, and it's not Absolum. It is Streets of Fury game from some people that worked on Absolum from about ten years ago. And it's oh my god, the digitized the Mortal Kombat style stuff is actually the best that's ever looked, while also using equivalent like even cheaper costumes and obviously just the developer's friends and stuff like that, just like, hey, do we have like a fez and a scarf laying around? We'll put this guy in that and we're good to go. Oh that's incredible stuff, all right, bro? Like that. The Pickman story is close to you. That that video that came out earlier this week of a binky run around a room and a baby's like, oh my god, what's happening here? And then it was revealed the next day that Pickman were sort of fighting over the binki and they were invisible to the humans, and it's like, oh, Pickman were there the whole time, and we were all like, hey, what is this a teas for what are they doing with this? And we were kind of saying as a possibility there that maybe this is Nintendo Pictures. Nintendo acquired a studio, a film studio, a production company a few years back. Maybe this is that company, kind of getting up to speed with Nintendo brands and kind of Nintendo's way of doing things and starting a new series of shorts something that Pickman's had before. Turns out it's exactly that. Now we have a bunch of other ideas as well, So that was just one of our guesses. It's not like we were predicting exactly right. Although I think that was Mike's number one guess, so shouts out to Mike for that. I think this is cool. I'm not I am not disappointed that this is not a tease for a full movie or a full game. I would have loved those things. I wasn't expecting Pickman five anytime soon, so really just like, never really get my hopes up too high for that. I did get my hopes down low for maybe an update to Pickman Bloom. Although I like Pickman Bloom. It's like, no, this is just Nintendo announcing to the world, Hey, we are also making films now and they're short films. This will probably play or something like this will probably play before the Mario Galaxy movie when it comes out this summer. So yeah, I think this is neat what do you think.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent grub They have all these different ip that they may not necessarily be doing with that do appeal to younger audiences.
Speaker 1: So I know folks.
Speaker 2: Will buck up against this, but Minonifi as much of Nintendo as possible because or they will Minonifi as much of Nintendo as possible. Yeah, especially with the success of the Super Mario movie. It is just it is coming, y'all, Like, so just just brace yourselves. I do agree with some people in chat keep more of the humans out of the Pickman. I just want to see the Pickman just doing miscillaneous thing. Just rip off the Pixar short of the old Man playing chess against himself.
Speaker 1: And just do that. But with pickmen. Yes, I think the original Pickman shorts had a little bit more of like I think the vibe people want where they're just goofing off around a construction site and a bunch of weird stuff is happening and they're getting chased by monsters, and the yellow Pickmen are just doing their own thing, trying to like start up the engine on a big power steam shovel or whatever. That's a lot of fun stuff. I really enjoy that. I think they wanted to like stretch their legs a little bit here and do humans to show that they were capable of doing that. This was probably a proof of concept internally at Nintendo to a certain degree, and I think they've accomplished that now that they have used the humans when it makes sense, and maybe not any for any more Pickman short sure.
Speaker 2: Also, this is a good way to get people reinvested or interested for the first time, possibly in Pickmen. I know that there were a couple of my friends that had never checked out previous Pickman titles, but when Pickman Bloom came out the Pokemon Go like game, uh, they got really invested in that and then wound up checking out a couple other Pickman titles. So I don't think this does that much harm to the Pickman.
Speaker 1: Franchise. Yep. Yeah, And I think I think this is like one of the ways Nintendo's like, hey, we do want to like brush up on our skills of on film production, so we could be a multimedia company that is important to us. But also like I just want to like keep some of these ips fresh and some other ways in between long development cycles for games, and like a lot of that is by design, that is, I don't think they're like working necessarily even working on a Pickman game right now. They are sparingly doing these things where it's like, hey, there's one Pickman game per generation. Now, we're not going to do any more than that. We're not going to rush anything. So when we get back around to that, we'll be ready for it. But we are still going to have these like years long gaps between games. What else can we do to to kind of wrap these things? And it's like, well, Pickman, we could drop a few Pickman into the Universal Studios, Super Mario Land and stuff like that, Super Mario World, and that's fine, but what else can we do? And this feels like it's it's exactly right for them.
Speaker 2: Nintendo, get on the phone, baby, get ready to cut the check as well. You got two parks, got one in Florida, you got one in La make a Pickman park. But it's really teensy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god, that's actually like a flea circus. That's that's fun. I would really enjoy that. Yeah, thanking. I'm like we're trying to figure out, like when would another Pickman game come out. I guess it could come out relatively soon. So EPD ten is the studio inside of Nintendo that works works on the Pickman games. They also do new Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Maker. It's the Mario Brothers team. It's basically like the previous Miamoto studio, but they did not like really do all of the work on the last one. Really that was a studio called Aiding like the number eight in and they have done some fighting games I think, and other things. They were work for hire studio. But they did really good work on Pickman four. I hope that they're able to just sort of replicate exactly what they did last time for that, And in that case, it's like sort of wouldn't matter what's happening with the two D Mario games or Mario Maker or anything like that. They could probably and I guess Super Mario Brothers wonder which is would be the studio came out a few years ago, so maybe they are like ready to get to work on a new Pickman, and we could see that in like a year or two, maybe see it and then it comes out a little bit later. I don't know. All right, let's keep going here. You be Soft reportedly canceled an Assassin's Creed game partly due to political concerns. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC. You Be Soft reportedly canceled in indevelopment Assassin's Creed game last summer, partly due to concerns over the political climate in the United States. According to current and former employees speaking anonymously to game File that Steven Tatilla's newsletter, the canceled game was planned take place during the reconstruction period that followed the American Civil War in the eighteen sixties and eighteen seventies. It's claimed that Assassin's Creed the Assassin's Creed game would have followed a black man who had been formerly enslaved in the South and moved west to start a new life. Recruited by the series Assassins, he would return to the South to fight for justice in a conflict that would, among other things, see him confront the emergence of the Ku Klux Klan. According to interviews with five current and former Ubisoft employees, Three of the employees told game File that the game was canceled last summer by Ubisoft management in Paris for two reasons. Online backlash around the reveal of yaske, a historically inspired Black Samurai and Assassin's Creed Shadows, and concern around the political climate in the United States. I was terribly disappointed, but not surprised by leadership, one source told game File. They are making more and more decisions to maintain the political status quo and take no stand, no risk, even creative. Ubisoftison new ten cent back subsidiary officially started its first day of operation last week. It's going to focus on games like Assassin's Creed. Blessing said it on Blue Sky yesterday. Cowards and bigots, and shouldn't be surprised that the leadership of Ubisoft are cowards and bigots. Rewarding the people who are always saying DEI is going to lead to games getting canceled to have different ideas well. No, of course that was projection. Of course that was an emission of your own guilt that this is the kind of thing that you actually want. This sounds so awesome, so cool, and of course we don't deserve it anymore because the world is a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Jan Grub, I've been marinating and stewing on this a lot. Like I said at the top of the show, I've already we've all been very upset with the people at the sea level at Ubisoft for being absolute fucking dumbasses with every decision they make. And hey, lo and behold, they step on another rake and they just like they just Scrooge mcduct into a pool full of rakes, these fucking chuds that are causing up such a storm online, We're never going to buy your game to fucking begin with. They don't fucking care about video games in the same way that people that are actually out there playing them do. This is the this is gonna be a wild correlation, Grub. But when you make something that appeals to a marginalized community or a group of minorities, you take something like Black Panther, you take something like K Pop Demon Hunters, you take something like the movie Sinners, and with enough love and care in appealing to the actual culture of who you are trying to tell a story of, that translates incredibly well to everyone else, that it becomes not only a thing that people of that community can see themselves in, it can be something that winds up going globally appealing, becoming globally appealing, and you, uh, and then to just stop that, because there are a couple people online that are being floody duddies that have never had a fucking real life friend to begin with, and that these people actively hating themselves, actively hating the LGBT community, actively hating like any minority, actively and actively hating women. Why the fuck are you appealing to them? They're not gonna fucking spend their dollars to begin with. And those are the same people that would never buy a Ubisoft game at full price to start Also, Assassin's Creed, you fucking fight the pulpe in one of these games? What are you talking about over political concerns? The Vatican didn't fucking care. Maybe they did at what point, but the new Pope's completely fine with it, you besoft, What the fuck like? It's it doesn't make sense, Grub because it's so fucking stupid.
Speaker 1: It's it's stupid, and it's like, I mean, just acting from a position of being on your heels of like just overreacting to every sort of input and and so to the point where it's like, there's no way this was you be soft executive's ideas for a game. This obviously would have come from people working on the game who wanted to do something bold and sort of like, uh that would stand out and kind of be a little bit edgy, of like hey, no, yeah, we're gonna we're gonna let a black man go kill the KKK in our game and kind of just stay and it's like, oh, ok yeah, that's something we haven't seen a lot in video games. That would be cool and that should be kind of the the most we get, like most reaction you get out of that seeing the reaction to yaske and then then being like we have to sort of avoid this in the future. It's like, okay, so, yeah, you are telling all of these people out there that they will get rewarded for for behaving this way towards you. You have guaranteed that they will behave this way towards you. And here's the thing, you be soft. They don't need an excuse that like, oh, there's a black man in a game, as if that's an excuse in the first place. It's not so that should tell you the whole story. They are going to do this to you no matter what, because it worked. They are toddthers. They are just trying to get a reaction. They're trying to get noticed. They want to feel like they are they have political sway and importance, and one way they can do that is by being loud and annoying and making YouTube videos and getting other twelve year olds upset and just going out there and then when the company reacts, that is just rattling the candy right there and saying, you did it. Here's some sugar. Try again. So they're gonna show up and do this to you again no matter what game you make, if it has a single woman in it, if as a single person of color in it, if they are side characters, if they are over there, So are you gonna make an all white assassin's creed? Is that what we're talking about you? It's obviously pathetic, but it's also just deeply misreading the strategic idea of let's avoid getting in trouble with these people in the future. You have done exactly what they wanted, so they are going to do it again.
Speaker 2: Grub like one hundred percent agreed. I could could not agree with you more otherwise my neck would hurt from nodding. And also, you know, fucking Ubisoft's next probably hurt. I'm not gonna finish that sentence. But as as a person of color, myself from a minority, I don't often see myself represented in media a lot, right, I don't see a lot of Filipinos in TV, movies, video games. Anytime I see anyone brown, anyone brown, I latch onto that because there's parts of me that sees myself in that character, you know, Like I loved Sinners because I saw a marginalized community fighting back and I felt like I could be a part of that. And and I again saw myself in that. And for as poppy as K pop, demon Hunters may seem to some folks and they may not take it seriously, there are so many little boys, little girls, children across the board that see themselves and see their culture reflected that they don't have to be shy anymore about whatever their culture is. And for ub Soft to now shut the door on all these people so willing to embrace a game and open the door for these stupid schuds that are going to make fun of them still for canceling this game. They're not going to celebrate and buy a ub Soft game after this, Like it is so upsetting and it is just such a show of cowardice and like mismanagement across the board. I feel so bad for anyone at ub Soft trying to rally together, to keep morale together, keep some type of creative spirit going when people at the top are actively shutting them down.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, and motor World hype here with the Super chessis how much do we think this is a direct decision from ub soft c suite or a call from ten Cent. So according to the story, this was canceled last summer, like leading into the election even so, kind of just reading the tea leaves of what was happening politically in the United States, but also the reaction to Yaeske and Assassin's creed. So they were informed by that. It would have been before the ten Cent deal, but certainly as they were trying to put the ten Cent deal together. So it sounds like a call by the Ubisoft c suite in order to ensure there is not as many bold and brash headlines for them to worry about while while they're trying to get ten Cent to give them money right that they don't want to scare off their big investor. Again, cowardice, and again it's it's a misreading of how this can work if you are you know, if you're afraid of getting this reaction, you got to just actually get better at sort of presenting it. Like they're like, movies have gotten to a point where this doesn't really happen in film anymore. Like The Fast and Furious films are famously diverse, and they're not exactly like masterpieces. They're great movies. I enjoy them, they're not masterpieces. So you don't have to like treat a diverse cast with like special care and make sure we get their culture exactly right. It's like, no, just put a bunch of diverse people on screen, let them have fun making a movie, and people will see themselves in that and then you know. Fate of the Furious was a global smash hit, like in China, across the world. It was bigger than Star Wars in many countries, like the newest Star Wars movies that were coming out. It was massive, and it's like games should be like treating that as the goal, but you keep being really poorly poor at like executing on this in terms of saying like this is what the game is about and like making it clear. You know, A big part of it is a lot of people making the games probably still aren't as diverse as the games that we see on the screen in a case of like yaske being in a game or something like that. And it's like, I bet if you got more diverse people behind the scenes guiding you on this, you wouldn't have as many of these problems as you would as you continue to have at Ubisoft in some of these other publishers also have a fucking backbone. Yeah, that's the biggest part. That's the thing I'm getting continuously sick of all these stories. We keep getting to this point where we're furious because we are dealing with rich cowards, people who are protecting their wealth and the way that they think the best way to do that is to say fuck it to everyone else and keep just protect their own and uh yeah, it's just straight up cowardice over and over and over again. All right, let's take a break. When we come back, plenty of more headlines to get into, including Hey, what maybe did your ID get stolen? Possibly? We'll talk about that and more right after this. If you want an ad free version of this experience, there's an premium audio show. There's a premium video show. You go to giant bomb dot com slash join become a premium member. We'll be right back. Rub.
Speaker 2: I love podcasts and I would like to listen to more of them.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I've got the podcast for you, then, Bud, Stage Select Grub.
Speaker 2: I have trust issues, especially with podcasters.
Speaker 1: Look, it's always important to be careful and safe about podcasters. But don't I don't worry. Host Julian Titus and Justin Hamm have over sixteen years a combined podcasting experience, and the Stage Select is finishing up its second season at the end of the year. O he smokes, what a pedigree? Tell me more grub. Oh what about a video game variety show where the hosts act as if they're performing for a live studio audience, kind of like The Muppet Show?
Speaker 2: Do they have reoccurring characters Shenanigans, Bits and skits?
Speaker 1: Oh baby, we got bits, we got skits? I love bits and Skits. Is there more, the show is designed to be unexpected. Jan They'll go to space sometimes a surprise game show. Expect the unexpected space.
Speaker 2: Grub Grub, I'm hearing that. Episodes forty one and fifty nine are fantastic points to get a vibe of the show. Julian and Justin are fiercely independent and do this for the love of video games and podcasts.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. They draw from the best, like the Giant BombCast, Next Lander, Rebel FM, and no one can know of.
Speaker 2: At this well Grub, I'm glad I know about this podcast.
Speaker 1: At Stage Select. Give it a listen, bits and skits. Stage Select is also Dan Proof. Welcome back to Game Best Mornings, everybody. I'm Jan Jhow that's Jeff Grubb. That's right, I'm always right. Yeah, you didn't know what swear of even for him. Let's keep going here. One of twenty twenty five's most promising games is already winding down even before leaving early access. This is from Claire Jackson at Kotaku. Heart Machine, developer of twenty sixteen's hit action RPG hyper Light Drifter, has fallen on hard times after the game's follow up, the Rogue Light roguelike prequel hyper Light Breaker, failed to resonate. With players still officially in early access, the game will get some more attention from Heart Machine, but the studio has announced that it is winding down development development and that members of the team have been laid off. We've had to make the difficult decision to part ways with a number of talented team members, Heart Machine said in a statement, attributing the challenges it's facing to broader forces beyond our control, including shifts in funding, corporate consolidation, and the uncertain, uncertain environment many small studios like us are navigating today. Heart Machine was hit by a hit has hit bumpy patches in the past as well, with a previous round of layoffs implemented toward the end of twenty twenty four. Though it seems like hyper Light Breaker might never be completed in the ways its creators once envisioned and hope for the studio always promising to issue an update in January to bring a Breaker to some kind of finish line. You know, the response of this game has always been kind of like from a lot of fans. Hey, I like, I like hyper Light Drifter Breaker. I've tried to like, can't quite get over the hump and it's not something's wrong here that I can't quite get into this game. And so the studio has been in early access trying to like lock it in and at the same time facing the realities of trying to make a game like this with a team of this size, which is extremely difficult. Jim, we talk about some of the six the success stories from the indie space and the dot emu's figuring it out or whatever in the Devolver digitals, and then like even smaller studios figuring it out. What we're hearing though, is if you have a team of like twenty to forty people, you know, fifteen to thirty five people in that range an for an indie studio, it is extremely difficult to make that business model work right now. You have to sort of have a lottery ticket. And while hyper Light Drifter was a really well received game of a game that did very well, it was never in like that top echelon of like, oh, this is continuing to sell one hundred thousand copies every three months or something like that, and so they had to make a new game to make things meet, to make an ends meet, and then in the meantime that game is not coming together the way they need it to or not as quickly as they wanted it to, and here they are. It's a brutal business to be in it. It's not going to get any easier, right.
Speaker 2: No, And the part that sticks out to me grub is just like the corporate shuffling that unfortunately has to happen or winds up happening, I should say, at a lot of studios where they can only do so much with what they're given, and if like the funding isn't there because someone up top is just moving money in different ways or doesn't see the investment as something profitable, the rug can get pulled from underneath them at any time, and it really stinks. Like I never quite clicked with with any of the games that the studio made, but like I know that there are an obscene amount of people really interested, if not just in the game themselves, but also the look of them very visually distinct, very appealing.
Speaker 1: Beautiful discorder response to claims that two million ID photos have been acquired by hackers. This is from Alex Hopley at Game Reactor. As soon as age verification came about, people worried about how their faces could be used not only by companies and service providers, but by hackers and those that might look to make a quick buck by stealing and selling data. Now it seems we're seeing the first crack and age verification, as it's reported that around one point five terabytes of photos have been stolen from a third party customer support system used by Discord. So like, there's Zendesk stuff. I believe. Discord denies this claim, saying that and this is the denial, saying that only seventy thousand users have been affected and all of them have been contacted. However, it does not admit that government ideas may have been included in the breach. Zendesk the customer support system says that its own systems were not compromised. A lot of back and forth here. Hackers are claiming that I'm obviously they're trying to get a pay out. Discord's like, hey, we're not going to pay these people for breaking the law and violating us, so we're not going to go through with this, and they're just trying to do That's why they're out here sort of running this public relations campaign to get people angry. Jan The obvious thing here is we told you so, Like we told you so. Obviously everyone's saying we told you so. I want to make it clear we shouldn't even have to have told them so. This even before we're worried about packers and people using the data inappropriately. This is a violation of the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. This abridges my right to free speech. I shouldn't have to prove to anyone on the Internet that I am of a certain age so that I can communicate with other people freely. It certainly cannot be due to a law. This is what it is in these cases here in Ohio. This is how it's going for me. Because we have this law in Ohio. Now I have to prove to Blue Sky and all these other things that I am of a certain age so I can DM people or see certain content and yeah, that's adult content or whatever. But that is also a violation of the First Amendment. Who obviously we should care about being hacked, but that is so far down the line of we don't need to worry about that. The original law is a violation. It's incredibly frustrating, And of course we're not in a situation where it's o that if this were to go to the Supreme Court that it's going to get denied, it's going to get repealed. So it's it's it's troublesome. But in the in the past, a law like this never would have been been able to survive because it's so clearly a violation and people could say what about the children, And we'll say, yes, that that that stinks. We got to try to protect children, and parents should take responsibility absolutely, But that is we can't use kids as a reason to abridge our right to free expression as it's protected in the First Amendment. I'm sorry to be like sound like a history professor or whatever. No, but that's it's very frustrating to me, especially as someone clearly affected by this living in one of these states.
Speaker 2: Jan yes, Greb, if you're a history professor, I'll be the ethnic studies professor for the day. Everyone, Okay, please remember to pass pass your scantron's to the left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Greb.
Speaker 2: I well, I understand a lot of people use VPNs for to protect their privacy. I don't think they should have to jump through so many hoops.
Speaker 1: I'm juggling things, yeah, just to be able to DM someone or even hey, you know what, I'm not yucking any ums.
Speaker 2: You sure have to like fire up a VPN to go look at your adult content.
Speaker 1: You should just be able to fire that up whatever you want. And that's the idea is like they want to make it, put so many hurdles up so they can That's really what it's about, is to punish people, especially women who make a living on like only fans. It's like, let's make it so difficult for these people to make a living that they kind of can't do it anymore. And and then we'll feel good because we have punished women. And once again, it's almost always that, and it's definitely that here again. Yeah, I am continuously frustrated by this. I don't necessarily see it feels like these laws are only going to get more traconian and more prevalent, and they'll continue to use their kids as an excuse, and we and all, we'll all know that if they actually cared about kids, they would be paying for their goddamn lunches, they would be doing a million other things to actually care for kids. So, as always, the proof is in the pudding. We know what you really care about, and it's hurting people, women, people of the LGBTQ community, people who have find alternative ways to find a community online and maybe make a living from them. Yeah, it's disgusting and I continue to be very mad about it. Former Zinni Max Online devs form Sackbird Studios. This is from Sophie McAvoy at Games Industry job Is. This is a cool one. Jan the zinny max Online people were laid off. It's part of that recent Microsoft thing and they were working on a project called Blackbird, which was going to be like their destiny that Phil Spencer himself apparently was like you were like, hey, this is cool, this is awesome. You guys are fired. Yeah. So they have moved on to form a new studio that is Sackbird, who the people who worked on Blackbird are now Sackbird And it's got a cool little logo of a bird with a shoulder bendle or whatever. It's called shoulder sack and they're gonna start making a game again. But yeah, yeah, exactly, they're gonna start making a game again, and I, you know, hopefully, I think the concern would be can you find funding for something like this? But these are people that have proven that they are capable of producing the kinds of games that people do, like if they were working on a cool destiny like and they I think this is some of the former leads from Elder Scrolls Online and MMO that ran for a very long time and has a lot of like passionate fans because they really kind of figured that that stuff out. That probably is the kind of thing that still can get funding, I think. So hopefully they're able to execute on an idea that was lost under Microsoft. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember Phil talking about this game and then I believe we even covered that this crew unfortunately got laid off. So I'm happy that they were able to collect themselves, get together and try to get back up on their feet to form Tacbird Studios.
Speaker 1: That's right, good name. Yeah, it's uh clever. I like that, And again I like the logo a lot. Another company is gonna get sued jan Animal Crossing like that's shine out right in video games. Another Animal Crossing like has showed up on PlayStation Store and it looks just like Animal Crossing called Animal Village Online. Apparently it's gonna come out in twenty twenty seven. Anime Village, Oh, it's thank you Anime Village. My brain just completed that as Animal Village Anime Village online. Although that's just that straight up looks like an animal crossing character. This is uh yeah right, it's that whiz new Certomon, a certo man who's probably just an individual. It's like, hey, I want to make an animal Crossing and put it out on PlayStation. And it's like, it's just the Breaking Bad the Walt in a car screaming meme. They're like, no, don't do it. You're gonna they're gonna kill you. You know, I think this is clearly just a straight ripoff in terms of visual style and maybe gameplay. Yeah. I'm always like, you know, there's sometimes where it's so blatant that, yeah, you should expect to get the hammer brought down upon you by Nintendo's lawyers. And this is Nintendo again in this case, this game's aping Animal Crossing. But you know what's really wrong with someone just making a game based on a game they really like. Now, sure, maybe you can make it look a little bit different. I guess we'll see if Nintendo actually does do something about this. But what they did to Power World Proba, boy, it does it does kind of spell doom for this. But maybe Power World was like getting a lot of headlines. It was it was considered higher quality than maybe some other ripoffs. If this game is just sort of like a middling thing that's easy for people to ignore, maybe they just let it go. I don't know, jam what do you think, I don't Nintendo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, grub. I don't exactly see them letting it go, especially with how active Nintendo of America's legal team has been as of late. Yeah, just because you know, you got to get give them something to do. I hope that this doesn't This doesn't immediately bode well for other farming leg games. And then we're gonna see Nintendo saying we came up with a pitchfork and planting seeds in the ground. What do you talk?
Speaker 1: Uh huh? So growing apples is now exclusive to Nintendo. You can't do that in any other game.
Speaker 2: It is very easy to not do this, crub it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's very easy to to not plagarize something. It is easy, very easy to for I don't know, college kids. If you're gonna use fucking AI to write an essay, don't be stupid about it. But if you are going to copy art something that inspires you, maybe don't make it look exactly like the thing that you like.
Speaker 1: You could honestly just put a few spins on it and people will be like, look different, It's different enough. Now. I think some people would argue that's what power World did. I think there's many of us who are like, well, I'm standing a little bit further back and back here the mosaics sort of comes together and looks exactly like Pokemon. But whatever, we can debate that. I just think, you know, you put a few extra changes on there, and you have the you know, deniability, and they just don't have that right now with the way this thing looks. And again for audio listeners, there's an image here of a character that just if you looked at it, you would say that's an animal crossing character, right, One of the villagers.
Speaker 2: Like, if you were to show this to the gimmicks, I am assuming they would think like, oh, it's the animal crossing game.
Speaker 1: Yep. And yeah, you're right. It's just so easy to avoid that and avoid problems. And that's certainly what a lawyer would tell you is like, well, we just don't do this because that's the safest thing here, and you know, you could just make a game look different, and that's an easy way to avoid this problem. All right, last couple of stories here. Nintendo is adding new games to NSO, including a Mario game that has never been a scene outside of Japan, at least officially. Let's see here that this includes Bobbzy in clause Encounters of the Third kind. I'm so sorry, I'm so super Nintendo. Thank you. I appreciate that, you appreciate you saying that. Also Fatal Fury Special, another Super Nintendo game from nineteen ninety four, and then Mario in Warrio, which was a nineteen ninety three Super Famicom game never released in the United States. I think it requires the mouse input. It's like the Mario paint mouse and you can actually play that using the mouse mode with switched to oh for the first times, it looks like a neat Little Lemons game. You're like, I think Mario has set up these like traps and you play as like a little fairy character using the mouse cursor, and you help Mario's got like a bag on his head to like get get through these Yeah, I know, he's got it, that's right, a Yoshi shell on his head to get through these puzzles without like falling on spikes and things like that, while also collecting all the goodies. So yeah, I've never really touched this. I remember hearing about it. In my head. I always conflated with Warrio's Woods or like Bomberman in Warreo, and for some reason, it was always in that same space in my head. It's like, oh, yeah, no, this was a whole different game than that. So yeah, interesting to see this. I like that Nintendo continues to release every other game that was only in Span other than Mother three. That that's a funny bit that they're doing. Is grab I gotta ask, is Mario dumb? Yeah? Yeah, he's not quite a hembo. There's some there's gotta be another word, but yeah, he's he's an airhead for sure. He's like a Goku. He's a Goku. Yeah, he's a dits Goku's ADTs yes, absolutely, uh. Sony Interactive Entertainment and a MD. And then this is Mark Serni and Jack Helen. I'm gonna say, discuss shared vision for future of play. This is from Salamano Atkamatsu and here's your excuse to start thinking about the PlayStation six everybody. Basically, they had a conversation. They talked about how their relationship is really strong and it's going to continue to be strong in the future, and how they're working together on technologies including machine learning, learning and neural rendering. So this is basically like their versions of d LSS. There's Fidelity FX super Solution that's FSR, and then there's pisser PSSR. They're kind of combining those things that Sony announced a while back. They're like, not necessarily deprecating PSSR, but certainly de emphasizing it because they're like, well, we're just going to take our stuff and help AMD make FSR better. Well, they're continuing to do that and they want to focus on FSR and make it even a better going forward. They're also working on raid tracing together, and that includes new specific raid tracing cores for new hardware that almost certainly will be in the PlayStation six. This is a good news because we could see how far dedicated raytracing hardware can go on something like the Switch to where it's like, oh, the Switch two can handle some of these games that have baked in ray tracing better than some of these other consoles, these more powerful consoles, because it just knows how to calculate the rad tracing stuff a little bit more efficiently, and that will be a huge difference because a lot more games are going to rely more on rad tracing going forward. We've already seen a couple of games get rid of like baked lighting in favor of only having ray tracing, so they can't work any other way. And that's always it's worth pointing out ray tracing maybe doesn't make a huge difference to you visually when you're looking at a game like game, so the game light needs always look good. Developers are beginning to rely on it because it does make their job often much easier. And then let's see universal compression. A new universal compression system compresses all GPU data, not just textures, dramatically, reducing bandwidth use and enabling more detail, higher frame rates, and greater efficiency with lower power consumption. Basically, they're just trying to find new ways to make the GPUs they already have better and the future GPUs even better than that. And then they talked about, hey, a future console in a few years time. That phrase was said by Mark Cerni himself. Yeah, a few years time. Do you think he means that exactly literally? And that means in twenty twenty eight, we're going to see the PlayStation six.
Speaker 2: I can't think of a year past twenty twenty six, scrub, So this think here in twenty twenty eight terrifies me, and also hearing the word PA six also terrifies me. But I don't even want to you I honestly, I do see them introducing another PS five Pro refresh and making a big deal out of that before we get the PS six.
Speaker 1: I think they'll keep refreshing it. Yeah, they just they're doing one like right now. I don't think they'll make a big deal about they will, certainly. I think they will like renew their PS five Pro marketing at some point sure, and be like, hey this you should definitely be getting this thing and try to make it feel important. So when the PS six is here, the PS five Pro can really just sit right below the PS six as another more affordable option while they continue to make it cheaper to build the PS five Pro. Yeah, I'm with you on that, so and that helps them extend it out to twenty twenty eight pretty easily. Yeah. No, there is not clamoring for a PS six right now. Certainly people are just like, hey, make the PS five feel worth it first, and then we could start talking about the PS six, and you know, it's going to be a different measure for everybody, like what makes the PS five worth it? But I think the majority of people are still feeling it hasn't necessarily been worth it, at least compared to the way they felt about a PS four just a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I honestly I'm in that camp as well, grub, and I hope that feeling changes soon, if not in the next year, maybe the next year and a half.
Speaker 1: I hope the Wolverine game hits.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it will, and then who knows what else may be down the pipeline. I am really liking Ghosts of Yota, but I understand also that, you know, a big, massive open world game like that may not be for everyone either, and they may want something more streamlined or something fairly linear, kind of like how God of War was, kind of like how Astrobot is.
Speaker 1: YEP. I think that they will kind of just keep charging for with their strategy of how they're making games and that you know, we probably will end up feeling like, man, the PS five was good hardware, and something was just off, and it was you know, the games that really made a system feel special ever quite fully materialized. But then we'll look back like, actually, there was a ton of great stuff and that's just where gaming's at now. And part of me is like, okay, I'm ready to accept that here. Just let's let's push off the PS six at least three years, at least of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight, Grub, do you think when we get to that point where we are getting a PS six, do you think we will get last of us re remasters?
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe, let's say that is one where they have found a vein in popular culture and mainstream popular popular culture that they're always gonna want to have something to like put out around the time of the shows. So some sort of reissue probably will continue to happen in one form or another. Maybe maybe it'll be a little bit more low key, a little bit more subtle than just another remake. But I bet they find some way of doing it.
Speaker 2: All right, real quick, grub, Someone and Chad points out the missing sauce is Is Japan Studio and yes, yeah, that's a huge part of it for sure. Something weird. I just want something wacky. Just give me like an off the Wall idea, even like a.
Speaker 1: Just a game that feels more akin to astrob Butt, like a Gravity Rush three would like hit really hard right now, I think for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Give me a game where you are just like those sticky hands that you get from like the babble machines.
Speaker 1: Okay, that actually sounds awesome. I love those things, but that physics in a game, I'll be real happy. All right, let's do the poll question. This is from yesterday. Have you ever paid twenty dollars or more for a skin in a game? Twenty three percent said yes. Seventy seven percent said no. Twenty three percent. Still quite a bit of people. And that's say, hey, guess what, you're all the whales. That's how it works. Yeah, so there's a reason that they keep doing this. It's uh and I know it's well, they would make more money if they sold, you know, more skins at a lower price to more people. But they're like, ah, yeah, but we're having a good time selling these things for twenty dollars and more people keep doing that every day. So yeah, of course we talked about this because two XKO has that skin pack that was one hundred dollars or more has more than just three skins in there, but that's the only way to get these three very popular skins. So yeah, this is just going to keep happening more frequently. Jam, we have a new pole question. Let's just get to that right now. Who is your favorite video game golfer? Is it Warrior, Craig Stadler, Tiger Woods or the Golf story Boy. We'll get the results talk about on Game of Morning's here tomorrow on Giant Bomb. Speaking a Giant Bomb, what do we have going on?
Speaker 2: Grab Right after this, we're going to get the ball rolling and continue Golf Week with more celebrations by playing Nintendo Switch Sports Golf that's right, yes, And then after that we're going to have the voicemail dump Truck featuring our dear friend Jordan Olds from Albumer, and then tomorrow more Game as Mornings Mario Golf and then a upf as well. Lots of golf Shenanigans, lots.
Speaker 1: Of golfigans here as we do Golf Week in one of the business busiest release seasons of the year. We're smart, you know, I'll find other ways to keep up with games. I was telling people to this morning. I was been doing these morning golf game streams, and I've done some other morning streams. Going to shift that maybe for the rest of the year to catch up streams. Let's catch up on some games. Silent Hill f I think is maybe first up since October might be a good move. Or maybe that Caput Mortem game. I've heard good things about that. It's pretty quick and someone said it's like a scary game that plays like Jurassic Park Trespasser. So oh that sounds good to me. All right, we did what's coming up? We did the other question, so jeah, I think we just said thank you for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it. Can I say something real quick? Oh? Please? I would love it.
Speaker 2: Folks, the world is a mess out there. People up at the top will want to keep crunching down and break your spirit. So please continue to stick up for your neighbors, whether they be part of the LGBTQ community other minorities, stick up for them, because they will stick up for you. And pretty much these people at the top, they don't care so care about the people around you, whether that be your in person neighbors, your coworkers, your friends, your family, these online communities. And I'm always super jazzed to see how much our community a Giant Bomb cares about these issues, cares about each other. And sure we will call each other out when we have to, but at the end of the day, I do feel like we have a very supportive and awesome community here. So again, stick up for your friends, stick up for your neighbors.
Speaker 1: Well said Jan. Our haters are our escalators. We stand on them and they take us higher. Everybody, let's keep let's keep at it, let's have each other's backs. Thank you, Jan, thank you for hanging out with me today and talk about video games. Man. Let's let's keep out. Let's do it again next week. We'll do it again tomorrow here on giant Bomb. You are the best audience in gaming. Till next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.