Speaker 1: I got to bike one seven hundred w l W Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham. When I knew I was going to do the Cunningham Show the day after the Super Bowl, I thought to myself, I've got to I've got to talk super Bowl after the super Bowl, and uh, I've got to have some really good analysis on this because this is going to be a game. I mean, you've got you've got the Kansas City Chiefs going through our three peet, You've got Philadelphia that has played so well all year long. This game is going to be epic. It's going to be on thinking unlike anything we've ever seen. So I knew I needed good analysis on this game. And that's why I asked Moe Weger to come into the studio today. And Moe, it's good to see you. Who'd you ask first? Who did I ask first place?
Speaker 2: If you wanted good analysis, you had to have asked somebody first.
Speaker 1: No, you were the first one I thought of. And you're a regular on the Cunningham Show too, So then the people love you, man, they love your Analosa.
Speaker 3: Debatable, but how could.
Speaker 1: When you had when you had a super Bowl like this that set up to be so promising and set up to be uh such, you know, so many great storylines, so many great intangibles in this game, uh so many, so many great possibilities for such a great game, and then it turns into a curb stomping mm hmm, how does it?
Speaker 2: How did that happen? Philadelphia is dramatically better. You know, the the the narrative for two weeks was, Okay, Philly's got the better team, got the better roster, but the Kansas City has Patrick Mahomes. So where you're going to put your money is that the the all time great coach, the all time great quarterback, or the team that I think everybody would have agreed going in has definitively the better roster, but also with a really good quarterback as well in Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 3: And so you start with there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady talked about it a lot during the broadcast last night. Philadelphia wreaking havoc up front without blitzing, which means man versus man. They were just kicking the tails of the Kansas City Chiefs. So start there and then continue through. I've never seen anything like what I saw from Patrick Mahomes last night. Here is a guy considered the best player in the game, right the best player in the sport right now?
Speaker 3: He is sure right now.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a player considered the best game in the sport play that poorly on that size of a stage. Now, he was hit a lot. Kansas City's offensive line is a mess. But the reason Kansas City was going to win the game was Patrick Mahomes was going to be superman. It was abundantly clear a quarter into the game. He didn't bring us cape. You knew Philadelphia had the better team. You knew Philadelphia can maybe control the clock. You knew that Philadelphia's offense if you said we're gonna sell out and try to stop Saquon Barkley, you knew they had downfield threats what you figured would be the equalizer and at least keep it close. For Kansas City was going to be Patrick Mahomes' superman, and he wasn't last night. I've never seen We've seen really good quarterbacks play poorly in super Bowls. We've seen league MVPs played poorly in super Bowls. I'm not sure we've seen that a guy who's considered the best player in the sport, maybe the greatest of all time lay that large of a clunker. He didn't just play poorly. Look the numbers will skew it because he threw a couple of garbage time passes. He looked scared in the pocket, he looked unsure of himself. He missed some easy throws. He made some very Unpatrick Mahomes like mistakes. I I was shocked by what I saw from him last night. So if you take those two factors, Philadelphia's obviously better. Kansas City needs a superhero performance from their quarterback. When one thing was true and the other thing wasn't, it adds up to a blowout.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know, and I was watching that, and we were getting towards you know, late in the third quarter, but around the fourth quarter, and I was thinking to myself, you know, it's really such a shame that this game is so lopsided because it takes away I think some of the honest analysis about how good Philadelphia really is. Does that make any sense that if this would have been a game where there was a back and forth and a tight game, three point four point five point game, and it came down to not necessarily the last play, but just a closer, tight knit battle where there was give and take, and I think that would have enhanced Philadelphia's stature a little bit more as opposed to it being a complete player.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I felt like going in, if you said to anybody, I said on my show, I like Philadelphia by ten because I'm taking the better team and at some point I feel like Kansas City's flaws are going to catch up to him. The counter to that would be the Mahomes trump card, and so I think people played that lead and I understand why I looked they had won the previous two. Mahomes is an all time great, Andy Reid is a Hall of Fame coach. But I kind of felt like going into the game, you could make the case for Philadelphia from a physical standpoint, from a strategic standpoint, from a schematics standpoint, even from a quarterback standpoint, from a versatility with what they can do offensively standpoint, I think you could point to all these areas where Philadelphia had clear strengths that outweighed what Kansas City brought to the table. But the trump card was gonna be Yeah, but Mahomes, well, in the absence of being able to play that trump card because he played poorly last night. I think now you look into Philadelphia and go ok number one, how they build this roster, number two, how they rebound from a collapse last season? What do we do with Jalen Hurts in this conversation and you think about it. Twenty twenty draft Jalen Hurts taken the same year as Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert to a teg of VLOI he's got a ring. Those other guys not so much. What does it say about the value of running backs? With Sakuwan Barkley in the season he had where he was an MVP finalist, he didn't do much last night. I think them winning that game the way they did opens up a lot of conversations if you think about it. All season long, we didn't talk a ton about the Philadelphia Eagles, even you know they came here in late October. That was kind of a game we just overlooked, right, Bengals going to host the Eagles, that's sort of a game we overlooked. In the NFC, the darlings of the season were the teams from the NFC North Detroit, Minnesota to a degree, and so I feel like last night in a sense, was kind of their coming out party, where you look at that team, look at how they built it, look at what they did up front, look at what they did with their with their defense, look what they've surrounded their quarterback with. And I think today they're getting their flowers that they weren't getting in the two weeks leading up to the game, because all a lot of people wanted to talk about was Patrick Mahomes and a three.
Speaker 1: P Well, and it's not just Pactor Mahomes, but it's a it's it's a head coach Andy Reid too, because how many times during the course of this season did we see where Kansas City was in a tough spot and you picked the game and they found a way to overcome that and sometimes not overcome that, but put the pedal on the accelerator and blow way past the opposition. And so I think there was ale at least I know I was thinking this last night. You know, Philadelphia is up by two scores, they're up by three scores, and I'm thinking, well, we know that Kansas City can turn it on a dime, and I'm thinking they're going to get some points on the board before halftime, We're going to see a really competitive second half, and of course that never happened.
Speaker 2: I think when Mahomes threw his second pick, it was it was hard for me at that point to imagine Kansas City being good enough to come back because I think you felt like, excuse me, Philadelphia is still going to score, and they did. But that was kind of the question about the Chiefs all season long. Look, give them credit for getting there. They were fifteen and two, really fifteen and one in the regular season. They're on this AFC dynastic run, which you have to give credit to, but if you watch them during the season, they weren't dominant, right, and you kept wondering, when are some of their flaws going to catch up to them?
Speaker 5: When is the.
Speaker 2: Bad pass protection going to catch up to him? And it caught up last night. When is maybe Travis Kelsey's age going to catch up to him? You know, I mean, he's he's a guy for all of his renown and he is going to be in Canton one day and you know he's a bona fide star, but he looks slow. When is that going to catch up to him? When are maybe some of their issues on defense which they didn't have a ton. They agreed defense all season long, but when are their fatal flaws going to catch up to him? I kind of wondered, is it going to happen against the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: It didn't.
Speaker 2: I thought, you know, what, what does it look like if it happens against the Houston Texans.
Speaker 5: It didn't.
Speaker 2: It caught up to him last night against the best team they have played all season long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Saikwon Barkley. I'm looking at the stat line right here, twenty five carries fifty seven yards. Someone tells you that before the game, You're thinking, well, Man's that's a big deal for against You.
Speaker 2: Would have said to any Chiefs fan, Saquan's going to end up with less than three yards of carry. They probably think Kansas City wins. But what you saw as Jalen Hurts made plays with his arm, he made plays with his legs, and he had, you know, the deep ball when it was twenty four to nothing that sort of iced the game at that point, made it thirty one zip. And you know he is is he a passer on the level of Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow or John or even Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: No, but he's masterful playing the quarterback position. He was deserving MVP last night.
Speaker 1: So a team like Kansas City, how worthy is it of the rest of the league watching what they do? Because they were good enough obviously to get to the Super Bowl when it mattered most, they couldn't bring what they had to the table. If we see if they do they make major changes in the offseason, do they just find a couple of different pieces, do they tweak a couple of things. The amount of changes that they make between now and the start of next season is going to tell us what well, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's it's going to remind us a lot of what they did after they lost the Super Bowl to the Buccaneers at the end of the twenty season, because if you remember that game, their lack of pass protection was striking and then what did they do in subsequent years got it fixed? And so I don't think you know, last night was not the end of the Chiefs making a run. I think offensive like, could you give Patrick Mahomes a good running back and one that you can count on? Like last night, they just chose not to run the football, which didn't make a lot of sense. Is Xavier worthy going to rise to the level of a clear number one wide receiver. You know, he had a statistically great game last night. A lot of his yards kind of came after the fact. But I'll go back to what they did when they they lost to the Buccaneers at the end of the twenty twenty season. You know, the story was Tom Brady winning his seventh but really the backstory of that game to me was Kansas City's got to figure out a way to keep Patrick Mahomes upright. Last night, they struggle with pass protection, so I would I would look to see what they do there. And then also it's going to be interesting to me. You know, Patrick Mahomes, considered the best player in the sport, was not an MVP finalist. Why his play this season was kind of uneven? What does he do this offseason to get him back to a point where he is considered an MVP candidate.
Speaker 3: Because he was not this year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think of Kansas City, and I think of a team that looks like they draw it, plays in the dirt more than anyone else, you know, and they couldn't even fall back on that last night.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, Philadelphia is good. I mean Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: I think, I think what I'm what I'm overlooking here is that Philadelphia is just really really good.
Speaker 2: Look, they were in the Super Bowl two years ago for a reason. They had a ten and one record last year and then things kind of fell apart. They have a GM who put together the team that in twenty seventeen won the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Then there was a tear down.
Speaker 2: They've been in two of the last three Super Bowls and it doesn't look like they're going anywhere anytime soon. The name from that team last night that I watched that I would pay attention to is Milton Williams because he's a free agent. He plays a position the Bengals should be addressing. Does does what happen? Does what happened last night? Does what happened last night? How?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 3: What? What do?
Speaker 1: If you're the if you're the Bengals GM, what do you glean from last night that puts you in a better position heading in the.
Speaker 2: I want a front that looks and plays like that, because when you can play Philadelphia's defensive line, yeah, well, and and their defensive line, because to me, when you could just win at the point of attack and you don't have to blitz suddenly, you know, we can do anything we want the back end, and and Philadelphia did last night. I want to build a pass rush in a defensive line. We love Trey Hendrickson, right, but I I want to win with the whole of the parts up front. Philadelphia did that last night. They've they've prioritized that area of their team. Uh, they've. Last night was kind of an advertisement for Georgia football up front for for Philadelphia. But to me, that's that's the takeaway, Like, you can neutralize any offense if you could put pressure on the quarterback, and if you could do so without having to reinvent the wheel, even better, and that's what Philadelphia did last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, aside from the game, how are you with all the all the other elements surrounding the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Fine? Yeah, fine.
Speaker 2: I didn't get a chance to watch much of the pregame show, which was like nine and a half hours.
Speaker 3: I did see.
Speaker 2: I did see the real creepy Jimmy Johnson AI thing. That's one of the most bizarre things I've I did not see that all of that For him to announce that he doesn't know if he's going to retire or not that was that was kind of strange.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: My favorite commercial was the dunkin Donut Spot, the Dunk King, The dunk King. Yeah, they breed new life in this because you got Bill Belichick to participation. I think Belichick had the best line at all. Looks like something in my Garbage's muzzle. I I I just unfortunately it was a dot of a game, and at the end of the day for me, that's you know, if if the game is good, it amplifies all the other stuff. The game itself, unfortunately, was was not very good. The entire Fox broadcast. I'll tell you what the big takeaway from me, and this is as a like a nerd, a media nerd.
Speaker 1: The Square graphic, Oh I was, I was. I was fixated on that too.
Speaker 2: Have you ever watched it like a like a ninth grade basketball game on public access?
Speaker 3: That's what it looked like. That's what it looked like.
Speaker 1: I was like, they've taken graft expects in twenty five thirty years and for crying out line my.
Speaker 2: When my wife is commenting on that sort of stuff, you know it's bad because she looked at me. She's like, they pulled that off an eighties video game. I'm like, good job, all right? Yeah, no, I thought it was Yeah, no, it was not good. I thought it was like there was a mistake, like what they wanted to use didn't work, so they just cobbled something up at the last second. And here it is Philadelphia, Kansas City, and we'll bring the score bug that we meant to use back here as soon as we can. No, that's they they signed off on that. Yeah, that was remarkable.
Speaker 1: I would like to talk to David Ashbrock and and see what what the decision making process was.
Speaker 3: It would be interesting on those lines. Yeah, I like that. I should call them and get his taking. You should.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good. Yeah, talk about the bar. We got a couple of minutes here talking about the bear Cats a little bit. Yeah, you know, did the post dodgeball game. It looks like they've they've become a little bit of a different team, especially the second half against b YU was very impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, second half.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, they they went in down three and halftime they were shooting sixty three percent, but they had eight turnovers. So by you storm back late in the first half, they take a three point lead, and it kind of feels like, all right, again, the season hanging by a thread, and then what did the Bearcats stop doing? They stopped turning the ball over and played maybe their best ten minute stretch of the season to start the second half, and they they've at least put themselves back in a position where you could start to talk about, Okay, if they can do this, they can have their name called on selection Sunday. They have a game tomorrow night against against a Utah at home that I think they have to win. But more than you knowall college basketball fans love bracketology and all that sort of stuff and projecting what seed this team might be, I've always been more interested in the peer basketball part of it. They're playing faster, they're playing looser. The point guard play has been outstanding the last two games, and whether it was dodgeball or Wes Miller just telling these guys to play faster, whatever it was, it has worked. Obviously, it's a small sample size. They dug themselves quite a whole by losing eight out of ten games, but they are starting to play better, at least over the last eighty minutes, and hopefully it continues tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean a couple more wins. Yeah, and I'm not. They're not really to the point where they feel like they have to win out, but they do need to strength them together.
Speaker 2: So they've got eight games remaining. Two are going to be really, really hard. Iowa stayed in Houston, both on the road. Those are top five teams in the country, so that's gonna be tough. Can they win the other six? Can they go to West Virginia and win? Can they beat Baylor here, a team they lost to by twenty five, They lost to b HYU by twenty eight and then whacked them here. I think it's going to come down to those two because I think they can win tomorrow. I think they will beat they play TCU on their schedule. I think they If they go six and two, they're good. They're a five hundred team in the Big twelve. But that's still a lot to ask for a team that has really played inconsistently. But they do offensively. The way they've played the last two games has been encouraging, and there's more reason for optimism than there was a week ago at this time.
Speaker 3: All Right, Yeah, you're on fifteen thirty three o'clock this afternoon. Unless I'm told otherwise, yes, you will not be told. You never could ever know. So how much super Bowl talk do you do? You do this afternoon fair amount.
Speaker 2: You know, we got a little of everything that I pictures and catchers reporting ind college shoots, but the Super Bowl will be talked about extensively. I think from a Bengals perspective, I said this, I was rooting for Philadelphia because if Mahomes gets his fourth, he becomes more and more difficult to catch. Right at the end of the day, Joe Burrow is going to be measured against Patrick Mahomes. I don't want Joe Burrow to be Peyton Manning because I think Burrow's going to win one. But Manning's got too dwarfed by Brady seven. So I don't want to be I don't want Burrow to be Mahomes Manning. It's hard to get me hard enough to win one, it's gonna be really hard to win three. I'm glad. I think Kansas City fans needed a just tall drink of like humility.
Speaker 3: They got it.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't think it was with that first the first pass interference call, here we go, here we go, here we go. Then and then they got one back on the next series. But yeah, well that did.
Speaker 3: Credit to the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's a great organization. Howie Roseman is perhaps the best front office executive in the NFL. To win it and then sort of swap out coaches, swap out quarterbacks, do a whole roster overhaul and be back within five years and then win it two years later is really pretty remarkable.
Speaker 1: All right, mo, I always appreciate it. Mat You got it as always. Yes, all right, we'll talk to you next time. Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham. Seven hundred WLW back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW twelve thirty eight. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham. We roll until three this afternoon. Coming up at one oh five after the news at one o'clock, brad Winstrip is going to be my guest, and we'll talk about all things happening with Trump and get his take. I'm really interested to get his take on all the news that has been happening as it relates to the new presidential administration. So I am certainly looking forward to that. So this past Friday, there was you know, by now, there was a demonstration. You had about a dozen or so pretty dense and ignorant individuals who wanted to I guess, I guess they are white supremacists.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that anyone talked to them, or interviewed or got any got any questions in for any of those individuals who were up on the overpass there outside of Lincoln Heights. I believe they might have been closer to Evendale, but in any case, they were out there over the highway with their Nazi flags and their white supremacist accouterma and all the rest of it. And there was about a dozen twelve thirteen, I'm not sure what the exact numbers. And Scott Sloane was having interview about about this incident with a member I believe was a member of the city council. They're in Lincoln Heights, and I gotta say the response from this community has been well, I would consider to be extremely unified and unified, not extremely unified, but just you don't need to qualify unified in that this community stands against that sort of thing and the sort of thing that they represent. I don't think we stand against their right to behave in such ways. We stand against the notion of violence. We stand against the notion that that they want to intimidate people, So we stand against all of that. And I think it was interesting the comments that the individual that Scodsan was speaking to that they have videos that appears to.
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't.
Speaker 1: Seen the video, so I don't know what it shows, but they are going to present that to see if that video is a conduit to for the prosecution of these individuals, and I certainly hope that they make a good presentation and that those concerns are taken seriously, which I have no indication to think that they will not be taken seriously. We have a brand new prosecutor in Hamilton County, and I think this would be something good for County Pillach to get out in front of maybe take the lead on this, maybe oversee things from her office and make sure that the investigation is quick, that it's thorough, and that if there were any violations of the law as it relates to having a where these individuals were allowed to be what they did, if there was, and I don't know what the current hate crime statutes are, but if any of that was involved, I would like to see you. I think this would be a good opportunity for Connie Pillach to take the leap.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what happens on it.
Speaker 1: But I would just say that I think, without exception, the response to these individuals has been united, and that was one of the things. And I'm going to end the two o'clock hour. I'll be doing my review, my annual review. I do it every year. This year, I'm doing it on The Cunningham Show because I happen to be doing The Cunningham Show the day after the super Bowl. But I do it every year. I review the Super Bowl commercials. Me and my buddy Steve Oldfield. We get together and we watched the commercials and we talk about and I will reveal what I think my favorite commercial was when we get to that. That'll be in the two o'clock hour this afternoon, and i'd also like to hear from you if you had a favorite commercial.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're the big deal that they used to be, but it is something of interest that I think a lot of people look at. I know I do every year because I'm advertising. Is one of the things that I'm interested in, and how these different products choose to represent themselves. And the sort of creativity that can go into creating an ad that is memorable, and I think that is something that can be very effective and it's kind of fun too. So we'll be doing that in the two o'clock hour. But I think I just got off my I just go off my train of thought here thinking about that great poll numbers for Donald Trump, highest approval ratings yet CBS News poll or poll I should say, came out on Sunday, fifty three percent of voters approving of the trump Ster and his leadership so far, just weeks into his second term. Voters believe that Trump has followed through on his campaign vowels regarding issues like immigration, foreign affairs, eliminating government waste. Margaret Brennan on CBS's Faced the Nation open the show by discussing their new poll on voters feelings towards Trump and showed that the majority not only approved, but seventy percent seventy percent believe that he is sticking to his campaign vowels. So that is good news for Trump. And then I had, oh, I don't know it was, I well, I guess it was. One day last week, had an individual call my nighttime, my nighttime show. And I think the phrase that he used was that I carry water for Trump, that all I am is a Trump cheerleader. And I tried to tell this person that have been multiple occasions where I have disagreed with something that Trump did a particular policy, particular decision, the most recent having been when Trump gave a blanket pardon to all those who were involved in what happened at the Capitol on January sixth. And I thought to myself, and I said on this radio station numerous times, that I wish he would have taken the time to find those individuals who engaged with police that may have fought with police, either punch, kick, fighting, whatever, those individuals who engaged in that sort of behavior. I would have preferred that he would have taken a little time find those individuals and seen to it that they perhaps did not get a part. I don't think if you attack a cop or law enforcement, I don't think you deserve a pardon. I think that's pretty cut and dry. I think it's pretty plain and simple, and I wish you would have taken the time to do that. So here's another issue that I where I have a bit of a disagreement with Trump. And as you know, seventeen inspector generals were fired last week by the Trump administration. And it's just about every agency has an inspector General that has oversight of the agency, reports regularly to Congress, you know, and they look for anything that I don't think they I don't think they look for things that are just going wrong, but they look for things that they're that you make sure they're doing things the right way. There is one inspector general, and this is a special Inspector General, the s i g. A is called the c Guard for short, the Specter in General for Afghanistan Reconstruction, the SEGAR. The guy's name is John Sopco. He was among those recently fired as part of the seventeen inspector generals being fired. And John Sopco is a guy I have talked about many times on this radio station, during the times I filled in for Cunningham and during the times I've done my own show. And I think John Sopco is one of those in Washington who has been doing a very good job, who has been doing everything he can with the tools that he has to use. And spector generals don't just have carte blanche to do whatever they want in their position, they are bound by certain rules and they do not have to really do as thorough and investigation as they may need to do on a particular issue. They've got some rules and regulations that they have to follow. That that sort of hamstring that crippled them a little bit from really doing everything they need to do. And there have been many times when Sopko has testified in front of Congress, and I've been very impressed with his testimony. And he talked many times about the money that we sent to Afghanistan, and he talked many times about how that money and that aid sent by Americans is not getting to where it needs to go and in fact was winding up helping out the Taliban in Afghanistan. And he also talked about how there were times when he requested documents or sought help from the Biden administration that he got stonewalled, that he was, you know, did not get cooperation from other parts of the government when he needed that cooperation to further his legitimate oversight and his legitimate investigations. So I don't know that anyone on the the Trump team is going to review these firings, I certainly hope they do. And I just know that this one, Inspector General John Sopco, was doing at least I thought he was doing an excellent job, and I think they might want to reconsider that one. So I don't disagree with Trump a lot, but when I do, I'm going to say so. And I've done it many times before and I will continue to do it throughout this presidency. So the notion that I just sit here and carry water for Trump no matter what. And I don't know if that individual is listening right now, but if you are, I hope you can at least put that one in the memory banks.
Speaker 3: What else? What else?
Speaker 1: Aer traffic all this and the amount of news that came out over the weekend, it was astounding, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I had all these people complain.
Speaker 1: I saw a lot of complaints over the weekend about Trump taking I guess he flew to down to Florida on Friday night, played some golf, played golf with Tiger Woods over the weekend. I think he actually played on Sunday before he went to the Super Bowl. But I saw a lot of people complaining about that. Oh, Donald Trump's on vacation oh, he's taking time off. It is costing all this money. Really, after what we saw the last four years and how often this guy was on the beach or at Camp David or absent from the White House. After all that, you're really going to complain about, after everything that Trump has done from January twentieth on that he went down to mar A Lago Friday night, spent the weekend down there, played some golf on Sunday before going to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: So one of the things.
Speaker 1: That came out over the weekend was air traffic controllers are speaking up about what has been going on with the FAA and they're hiring practices, and they say that the FAA's hiring practices and immunity program have led to problems such as those that have been resulted in the recent mid air collision near the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. The FAA's focus on diversity, equity and Inclusion DEI hiring practices has resulted in the employment of less qualified air traffic controllers and a staffing shortage. Former air traffic controllers say this is in addition to an immunity program that fails to hold air traffic controllers accountable for their mistakes and are likely contributing factors to American Airlines or the American Airlines playing that collided with the military helicopter on January twenty ninth, and you know what happened as a result of that. So this is air traffic controllers who were there on the inside, breaking ranks, breaking their silence and telling in this case it was John Solomon and Justin News about what they witnessed while they were there. There is also a lawsuit that has been filed and this was reported in on the bon Jina Report and this lawsuit. Nearly one thousand air traffic control applicants who were allegedly affected by diversity, equity and inclusion hiring practices brought this lawsuit saying that they were turned down from being air traffic controllers because they were too white. Andrew Brigata, represented by Mountain State Legal Foundation, is among the nine hundred applicants who scored one hundred percent on the air traffic control test but were allegedly turned down because they did not check all the diversity boxes. The planeff graduated from Arizona State in partnership with the FAA via a program that uses the or that's used to select the most qualified controllers. After acing the test, he was placed on a preferred candidate list before being turned down by the FAA, and the FAA changed its hirings. According to the lawsuit, the FAA changed the hiring process to include a biographical assessment questionnaire, turning down hundreds of qualified applicants before they even showed up. So we've heard the stories about staffing issues within the FAA, and now we have this lawsuit that says applicants, perfectly qualified applicants scoring one hundred on the test were turned down because of the color of their skin. So we'll see what happens with that. I think that is something that needs to totally be fleshed out. And so do these accusations about the hiring processes that did not allow people to to get into the FAA and people who were in the FAA and how much time they spent and this is and it was it was what I think the day after that accident, Trump was talk about this about how this is something that needs to be looked into, and he was criticized completely because he would dare bring up something like diversity equity and inclusion. I mean, it is something that is a rot on our society and every institution that we have in it. Twelve fifty five, we got to get to a break. Brad Winstrop coming up on the other side of this. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred Wwday's Tower two of the Bill Cunningham Show, one o eight Dan Carroll in for the Great American As we roll on till three o'clock this afternoon, my pleasure now to bring in a guy that I love. Every chance I have time, I have a chance to talk to this guy. I absolutely love it and appreciate him being on. It is the former congressman and now a gentleman citizen. I guess brad Winstriped to have your commission. I guess you still have that, don't you.
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I actually retired from the art years ago after twenty five years, and I was it was time, you know, you got to pass the baton. Sometimes I was in great positions with the military and being in Congress. I was on staff as a surgeon at Walter Reed and I had to take an administrative job as well. When you reach colonel, and I was a medical Policy advisor for the Chief of the Army Reserve and to be able to do that while I was in Congress, it was just a joy. But all of it comes down to it's time for me to spend a little more time with my family and little kids and my fact. I always have to laugh because everyone on your audience knows Joe Dieters. And when I announced my retirement, Joe Eaters sent me a text and he said, he said, Brad, I've been I've been in politics my whole life, and everyone says they're leaving to spend more time with their family. He said, you're the first one I believed.
Speaker 1: Well, if that's coming from Joe deads, that's a pretty good endorsement right there. But now you think that Congressman Weinster have served the country so long and so well, we thank you for that. Give me give me your assessment of the current administration and what we've seen since. I guess it's been we may you know, maybe we're in the fourth week now, but it has been an absolute whirlwind since January twentieth, when Donald Trump took the of office.
Speaker 4: You know, the man, love him or hate him, is an amazing person. To take all the abuses he had while in office before, while out of office since, and just keep on plugging away and not only to fight those fights, but to be so prepared to take the gabble again or the oval office again.
Speaker 3: And be able to lead.
Speaker 4: And he is going at a frenetic pace. I mean, actually it may sayers can't keep up with them, because there's something new almost every hour that they are doing. And I think it's very interesting. It seems that those on the other side, you know what he's putting out by in large facts, They're just facts. This is a problem we had. This is how we're going to fix it. Facts are stubborn things. And the answer is and just to impeach the president, which I'm already hearing rumblings from the other side that they want to impeach him, that's not the answer. Let's move this country forward. And he's doing it, and I hope he continues to do it at the same pace for at least the next two years, if not at all four.
Speaker 1: Well, I think if we're going to move forward, and we're going to do it in a meaningful way and in a way that is right for this country, we have to find out what the heck has been going on. And you know, one of the final things that you did during your time in Contress or Congress was you headed up the House panel that spent two years looking into the COVID nineteen what I call the Wuhan virus. And when you and I had a chance to talk about that, it was it was staggering to me all the information that you found out, because there are so many components to what your investigation looked at, and almost each one of these items that you found out would be a major scandal in and of itself, and then you combine them all together. And this is just as it relates to COVID nineteen. And now we have the specter of the DOGE and they're just beginning to do their work and look at all the information, look at all the absolutely crazy and insane spending and who knows what kind of mouthfield and they haven't even dug that deep yet. All they've done is just look at some of the top line numbers, and they've come out with all this information. It is so I guess my question to you is, when you were there, I'm sure you had some idea that this out of control spending was taking place the way it was. We've all known this for years and years. But did you have any conception that it was as bad as we're seeing that we've seen revealed over these last couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: No, I did not know it it was as bad as Oh. Yes, we were finding out more and more in recent years, that's for sure. And I was there twelve years. You know, the thing we were always talking about and still need to address is our mandatory spending. We don't look back on that. You know, you put programs in place and they sound good, and as Ronald Reagan said, nothing has a greater life than the government program but you have to look back and see if they're working, and see if there's waste, fraud and abuse in those as well, and make changes. The discretionary spending is what the American people hear about all the time and what we're spending money on, and so a lot of these things go to programs that sound good, but then when you get down to it and you see what they're actually spending the money on. That's that's what's the problem. You know, the government has been turned over to the agencies. And I said that after my first term. I remember somebody saying to me when I came home early on on my first term. They said, oh, it's a pretty powerful position you got. I said, no, it's pretty emasculating because the agencies have regulatory power, rule of law basically, and then we try and fight them. That's not how it's supposed to work. They should be advisors to the Congress, and we passed the laws and said we would set regulations based on their knowledge or reasoning for why we need it, and then let the people's voice be heard. That's not what's happening today, but that's what's about to get turned around. Congress has to have the backbone to say we're going to do this. The agencies have been the problem, and we've learned more and more. And you cited the COVID investigation. We just found out so much. They knew they were violating laws, They did it anyway. They were trying to hide things. When Congress asked HHS, for example, for documents, why are we met with a lawyer? Our country started with three agencies, State, Treasury, in war, and I think everyone can understand the need for those three. But all these others have come on over time, maybe with great intentions, but what's happening within there, unelected people that aren't accountable to the people, has gotten way out of control. And I love what's taking place right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now we have the specter of judges telling the head of the Treasury, for example, that he cannot access spending, the spending I guess the spending files and the spending documentations of what's been going on at the Treasury. And now you've got Democrats who are calling for impeachment already. You've got this, You've got this drum beat already that we are in a constitutional crisis and that Elon Musk was not elected. And that's a new term that's being thrown around out there. You know, we have Trumped arrangements syndrome. Now we have Musk derangement syndrome. And Elon Musk is simply a government employee who works for the office of the President of the United States, and so he sees perfectly within his rights to do what he's directed to do by the president. But yet we have democrats. You know, brat Wunstrip, it seems to me that there's only two things that motivate democrats to act and that is number one talking about stopping abortion or number two talking about cutting spending in any form possible.
Speaker 4: Well, they don't like talk about cutting spending. They say that, but when it comes time to doing it, And that's the problem with Republicans do sometimes that's serious. You know, why not we can't cut that? Well, you know, I don't like to cut things that have a return on investment. You know that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which we are trying to extend any of the components of it right now, Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Yes, that reduced temporarily reduced revenue to the government because we cut taxes, but the return on investment was more people went to work, more companies expanded, they increase research and development, and employee more people, and revenue to the government came in because of all those people working and paying taxes. I mean, it's a simple formula. Really. You know, if you own a restaurant and people aren't coming in, I don't think the first thing you do is raise your prices, right, you decrease them. And that's how we have to compete on the world market. And this is what this administration is talking about. We have to stay competitive. We have to have domestic matter of manufacturing, it's a matter of national security. All of these things we have been talking about, especially in the last four years that are just glaring us in the faces problems for America, and now they're being addressed, thank goodness. And you know, not being in Congress is weird for me. But at the same time, I'm sitting back and I'm looking seeing my friends that I know are great Americans getting these positions, like John Ratcliffe and the CIA, Mike Waltz at NSA, Doug Collins, head of the and Cash Pttel, who, by the way, is a great investigator because he was the one that led the charge with Devin Dunez and the Intel Committee. And I was on there at the time to figure out that it was the Democrats and the Clinton campaign that paid for the DOTSIA and the FBI contributed in partaking in that whole Russian collusion narrative. And this, Steff's this stuff's going to get blown up, and it's about time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they talk about over the over the weekend, heading into the weekend, and over the weekend, President Trump revoked the security clearances of a lot of Ford former Biden officials, uh, these fifty one former intelligence agency heads who signed the letter saying that the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian disinformation. And I look at this and I think the executive, the chief executive, is perfec within his rights to fire whoever he wants to. That is under the executive branch. But yet again we have all this handwringing and complaining from those on the other side of the aisle who are trying to create this narrative that somehow he's overreaching his presidential powers by doing things like this.
Speaker 4: In that case, it wasn't overreaching, it's reaching. I mean, we revealed because we had the majority in the House, and we did the investigations, and you know, people testified the fact that they put this group together because Joe Biden needed help when for his next debate, because he was going to be asked about Hunter's laptop. And sure enough, they put this group together who just said, well, this looks like it could be Russian disinformation. They never checked it out that I know of, and so they just they put this out and sure enough, Joe Biden says in the in the day, well, these these experts, these intelligence experts said it looks like Russian disinformation. They didn't know, and so I think he's just reaching and doing justice. Let me tell you to me classified information and basically falsifying something to.
Speaker 3: A degree you could argue.
Speaker 4: Is way out of line, way out of line for real professionals in the intelligence community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't agree more. Let's talk about what's happening with foreign policy. You've got Mexico that has agreed to send ten thousand troops to the border to help with enforcement actions there. You've got Canada, which came to the table and said that they're going to spend abind the neighborhood of a billion dollars with border enforcement and investigations as to how they're going to stop the flow of illegal drugs across the northern border. You've got Trump who said he spoke with Putin by phone once to end the war. Zelenski is talking about, let's make a deal with rare earth minerals that we have have in Ukraine to maybe pay back some of the billions and billions of dollars that the United States has has sent there.
Speaker 3: We've got the balls.
Speaker 1: Are rolling on a lot of fronts around the world, and it seems like these last four years, there really hasn't been much in the way of foreign policy at all. And now you compare it to what's happening now, how do you size that up?
Speaker 4: Well, what we saw for the last four years was just acquiescence. You know, when Biden approached the situation with Russia and Ukraine, you know, we're going to support Ukraine for as long as it takes. That's not a mission statement, and that's that's not even a goal. And it didn't make any sense. And you know, now we're on track. Now we're on track because you've got to be able to talk, and you've got you've got to have your wits about you to have these conversations and to make something work. I mean, people always get tired of war. You never should you should say war is great because it's not. And you know, all of these all of these things going on around the world. He was preparing for it, and he knows these people, and he's not afraid to stand up for America. Where we saw before was acquiescence. I mean, you didn't see the Biden administration ever seemingly wanting to put any blame on China for the pandemic at all. I mean, he meets with Chi and he doesn't even say, how are your people doing these days after COVID. I mean, there's just let's put that aside. Well, there could be reasons for that, you know, maybe your son has made deals with too many Chinese people, or too many Russian people, or too many Ukrainians in the past, all of those types of things that your family may be involved with. That may be one reason to step back and not be strong and defend America.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I think those days are over.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: We have Pete hug Seth who was the Secretary of Defense, and I think he in the short time he's been there, he's done a lot of good things. I think you've seen Marco Rubio take charge as a Secretary of State. So the remaining Trump appointees, you you've got cash Mattel, I guess Taulcy Gabbard. But it seems like all the appointees who who've stepped in so far have for the most part, hit the ground running. And it's it just seems so disingenuous to me to listen to not only Democrats, but a handful of fellow Republicans talk about standing in the way and not voting there. Even after all of this, they're still talking about a handful of Republicans, are Mitch McConnell among them, talking about not voting for the some of the appointees that Trump wants to put in place.
Speaker 4: You know, it's fair to have your concerns and ask your questions, uh, you know, to dig into that. There always should be some respect for the president's choice. You know, politics gets gets gets like that. Of course, we're not doing anything likes of what Democrats have typically done to Republican candidates for particular offices like the Supreme Court. But at the same time, express your concerns and let it be known that this is your concern and when you get in office, you know, I want to hold you accountable to my concerns. That's fair, and so we'll see what happens. I think at the end of the day, it'll all come around, just because I think that that's what it will take. And people recognize that. We're seeing a lot of good things from those that have already been put in place. And I'm telling you those people they're not sitting at a desk. They have been out working and making things happen and that's what President Trump promised, and he's nominated people that he thinks will carry out those missions.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Brad reidstup, we got to run. It is always great having you on if people want to go, and I think people should still go look at the report that that your committee put out. If people want to go and find a copy of that report, where can they do that online?
Speaker 4: You could just basically google Majority Report on the Coronavirus Pandemic. The House Majority Report on the Coronavirus Pandemic, five hundred and twenty pages in sections you can read a piece of the time, seventeen pages of recommendations at the end. And I don't think it's ending here really because what we do point out is cover ups, basically cover ups from the Chinese, from our own government, from international scientists, and I think those investigations need to continue. Yeah, and why they occurred.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then this is the declassified or the unclassified version, and it is absolutely jaw dropping, and for God's sakes, I can only imagine what's in the classified version. But brad winstrip as always great to have you on, great to talk to you once again. Thank you for everything you've done. And I certainly hope we get a chance to talk on down the road.
Speaker 4: You bet it's been an honor, s ank Dame.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, brad Winstrup, the one time Congress spanning uh, you would find you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who has served their country as long and as well as that guy. One twenty five Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Thirty three seconds to go and take it. They'll take the football and take the NN and that's going to round it up.
Speaker 7: We will count down these seconds for you do it. Boys are jamming the field. Eighteen seventeen, sixteen, twelve, eleven, ten, nine eight, seven, six, five four three two one.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 7: The Philadelphia Eagles have won Super Bowl fifty nine.
Speaker 3: They have beaton the.
Speaker 7: Kansas City Chiefs forty to twenty two. It's those second super Bowl win in seven years. Won a game, what a season, won a team, the greatest Eagles team in modern history. Eagles fans, Savris and were you doing?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 3: Quiet? And I'm sco I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God, I'm glad I did listen to that on the radio. Today we don't have to hear this either what much of a game last night? Seg no, what the heck?
Speaker 5: Thank goodness, I went to bed at halftime.
Speaker 3: Carries seven yards.
Speaker 5: I have no idea who that guy was singing. I heard it was I heard it was.
Speaker 3: Horrible, But the guy didn't the national anthem. No the halftime dude, Oh, I have no idea.
Speaker 5: And the guy comes out with a Palestinian flag.
Speaker 3: Come on, I didn't see it. I didn't see it.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch the halftime show. I did watch the commercials though, And.
Speaker 3: Martha Stewart can dance. I don't care what she had some moves there, I tell you what. I'm not sure all that. I'm not sure all that was real.
Speaker 5: Think I'm gonna get me a pair of those sketches and you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna you're gonna be dancing like that. But I got my she's ninety something years old, didn't she She's she's got the moves like Jagger Man. I got all from the snoop, but I got I got my buddy Steve Oldfield coming in. Yes, he's a movie critic from when we worked back at Channel nineteen together, and we we're gonna do our annual review of Super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 5: Or the buzz Budweiser thing was good.
Speaker 3: I didn't Harrison Ford, what was it the jeep with the jeep ad.
Speaker 1: I didn't care. I didn't care for those I didn't care for her. Well, I mean, we're gonna we're gonna break them all, Sandiana Jones, We're gonna break them all down, going to break them all down, and then Steve Oldfield's going to hang around and be a special guest on the Stooge.
Speaker 3: Report, Dan Carrol, the Stooge Reporter, is a proud service every local teme Star heating and air conditioning dealers Temestar quality you could feel in cincinnatikul Schmid Heating cooling five one three five three one sixty nine hundred spots as you heard there. Jalen Hurts two touchdown passes in a tush push for another touchdown.
Speaker 5: He's the Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 3: Can't stop him. Eagles win second in time in seven years. Jason Kelsey and Tay Tate booed. Tay Tate booed up on the big screen in a super Dome. Trump got cheered, Well, Ta got booed. So super Bowl sixty now set for Levi Stadium outside of San Francisco. That San Francis to the Bengals and somebody God lots of action in Puppy Bowl twenty one. Oh, come on a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's a game. Gotta get you, gotta give it the gup to the dogs.
Speaker 3: That's a sport. Huh team fluff beat geam rough. I watched the whole thing. Did you play sixty eight to sixty six? Can wager on the puppy? I have no idea, but I'm gonna mention him because they're good dogs and they played good football. What happens to him?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: Though I get adopted? Do they get adopted?
Speaker 5: BEng Let's see Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits winding the back on Party Town with thirteen convenient Northern Kentucky locations. Uh, let's see t Higgins gave a update on his contract status. Really nothing going on over the weekend until he's headed the free agency next month.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: College basketball, it was a Villanova rallying in the second half to beat Xavier Red's update reds Pitchers waitmit college basketball. The EP Top twenty five is out. Auburn remains number one. Despite a loss to the Gators. Auburn one, Alabama, Florida and Duke are tied for third, Tennessee fifth, Perduas seventh, Kentucky fifteenth, The Balls and the Cats go out of tomorrow night. What's What's What's Kentucky rated fifteenth fifteenth after they lost to Arkansas?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's they lost? They lost to somebody?
Speaker 3: They had like two losses for They won again against the South Carolina team Saturday lost to Andy Right. Reds pitchers and catchers reported today spring training camp opening day opening down now forty six days away, and the Reds have announced they're going to sport a new patch on their on their uniform this season, big number fourteen. The number fourteen falls all time hits leader Pete Rose, who passed away at eighty three. So they're going to have a big number fourteen on their on their sleeve this year. And it was on this date again, Dan Carroll, January the tenth, two thousand.
Speaker 1: January the ten two thousand. Where was I? I think I might have been here? Ken Griffy Jr. Comes home?
Speaker 3: I remember that pay nine seasons.
Speaker 5: With the Reds.
Speaker 3: Remember mister Lindner picked him up in the stuts there. I remember that drove him out out to Lunkan Airport and he sent his private jet out there to pick him up, went down to and went down riverfront sport. Boy, you're talking about play. I grew up here.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter how much money you make.
Speaker 3: It you know were you feel happy?
Speaker 6: And to me, Cincinnati was the place I thought I thought I would be happy.
Speaker 3: Four former Bengals, well, now get super Bowl rings after yesterday? What?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well not Samaja?
Speaker 5: How about how about Samaj p Ryan not even not even congratulated by Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: What did he do? He just walked right by him like he was a ghost yesterday after the at.
Speaker 5: The end of the game. Well they lost, yeah, but at least hand what he do?
Speaker 3: What Mahomes? Homes got sacked, got sacked a lot.
Speaker 5: I hope they did.
Speaker 3: Is it run around like Frank Tarkin?
Speaker 5: I hope the magic's over in Kansas City?
Speaker 1: I think it is. That was pretty I mean it's like they got curb stomped last night.
Speaker 3: Four former Bengals get Super Bowl rings. Jake the Snake, Elley of the kicker, pretty good, Fred Johnson offensive tackle see Jay Uzama the tight end C. J Uzamas with Philadelphia and defensive end K. J. Henry played for the Bengals in twenty twenty four. How about that?
Speaker 5: So they get they get a big rings.
Speaker 1: Now they only need seven more and they'll have as many as Belichick?
Speaker 5: True, no hot girlfriend?
Speaker 3: How'd you like him to?
Speaker 1: Was that Belichick's girlfriend with him in that commercial with the with the donuts that?
Speaker 5: I don't know?
Speaker 1: I didn't see that. I mean, I walked around the station here today. There's Dunkin Donuts all over the place.
Speaker 3: What's up? What's up with that? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I guess we got a new sponsor that nobody tells us about.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I walk in donuts in the kitchen. There's donuts out there.
Speaker 3: And maybe maybe John John opened up his wallet besides the cobwebs, he probably got some money out finally, So I don't know, John John's got a lot of money. But now, now let's see that football is over one month until free agency basketball is in NASCAR starts this week. The Daytona five hundred one week from yesterday. And you told me Trump is going there too? Yes he is? Is he gonna say gentlemen.
Speaker 5: He can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 3: I'd put him in a car so when they they'll do put that's what they all do. Put him in the pace car. That'd be great. I think you can do it. He can do anything. He's been doing anything he wants since he said I do hece was that three weeks? How much is this guy? Has he been in three weeks? He's done three? What he's been done more in three weeks? And you know who and uh what's her name? Did in three People are trying to give him a hard time because he went down to mar A Lago this weekend, played golf with Tiger on He played golf with Tiger on Sunday, then went.
Speaker 5: To this with his son Charlie too.
Speaker 1: How about that? How about your Charlie Woods? And you're playing golf with a Trumpster?
Speaker 3: Not bad? That's not bad.
Speaker 5: Not bad.
Speaker 1: That kid's going to have a good life. Yep, that's pretty good. So seg let me ask you this. The Biden administration spent ten million dollars on something called the White Coast Waste Project. All right, ten million dollars your money and my money to create transgender mice, rats and monkeys ten million dollars.
Speaker 3: Those people ought to get fired immediately and give the money back.
Speaker 1: What are we going to do with a transgender monkey or a transgender rat?
Speaker 3: There's a rat. Does a rat know if it's male or female?
Speaker 5: Some ways? I'm sure they do.
Speaker 1: I think all they know is that all theyk all they know is that they're a rat or a mouse.
Speaker 5: How do they know how rats think or monkeys?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But they want to spend ten million dollars so they can do surgery on on mice and change a male mouse into a girl mouse. Want to change mini mouse into Mickey mouse.
Speaker 5: And that was ten bucks, ten million.
Speaker 1: Ten million dollars. And then and then they want to they want to get that went on during the went on during the the Biden administration, according to Nancy Mace, then they want to they want to give surgeries to monkeys to make a monkey transgend.
Speaker 3: What was your favorite commercial.
Speaker 5: Last Weird People in the World, man?
Speaker 3: Was did you watch any commercials last night? I was saying, I mean I was very happy or very uh impressed with the the dancing skills of one Martha Martha Stewart and sketchers, So that was a sketcher's commercial. Think she learned all those moves from the Snoop Dog. I saw you know what, I saw those, Brady, you got to go on Dancing with the Stars. She'd win it all if she danced like that.
Speaker 1: And then she was in that other commercial with Matthew McConaughey and I say, it's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Zillions of dollars spent.
Speaker 3: So so that was your That was your favorite one?
Speaker 5: Not bad?
Speaker 3: Did you like to fight in the alien with the with the pack of Doritos? Not bad? Not bad.
Speaker 5: They always come up with something, you know, kind of comedic.
Speaker 1: What about what about the one where you've got what about the one you've got where you've got Matthew McConaughey and Kevin Bacon talking about the history of football and he says, we're going to call this the pig Skin, and Kevin Bacon says, everybody likes Bacon.
Speaker 5: It's not bad. I like that one too. That was pretty good. They had some good ones.
Speaker 3: That was a pretty good one, had some good ones.
Speaker 5: So the year down and then we'll.
Speaker 3: Football takes a little bit of a respite here Dan Carroll and then next month free agency begins. And there was a blowout.
Speaker 5: See what happened.
Speaker 3: It was a blowout.
Speaker 5: So I know, I.
Speaker 3: Haven't seen anything about the ratings yet, of you, No, I have not. Somebody said on exit they lost a million and a half years after the halftime show because people were disgusted at about the halftime show. Apparently I didn't see it, so I don't know. I didn't say it. I didn't see it yet.
Speaker 5: I don't know who the guy was.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 5: You got to get up early. So I saw the first half. That was enough. I figured, if Philadelphia is gonna blame, do.
Speaker 1: They really need to have a a halftime show though it's the Super Bowl? Do you really do you really need to have.
Speaker 3: Well, you're gonna have one anyway. I mean you're gonna have something like that. I mean you gotta have a spectacle. I'd rather see I'd rather see a dog catching a frisbee or something.
Speaker 5: That's why you tune into the Puppy bowls.
Speaker 3: See there, Well they did.
Speaker 5: It was sixty eight to sixty six. Now that was action.
Speaker 1: Sixty eight to sixty six. Now the puppies don't play a lot of defense. Apparently, Well that's the way it goes pause Allen. Neither do the Bengals pause Allen with a game winning touchdown in the final seconds to win it for Team Fluff over Team Rough.
Speaker 5: Talking about action, now that was action.
Speaker 1: Wild Man Walker says Jake Elliot never played for the Bengals.
Speaker 3: He's on there, He's on their list.
Speaker 5: I just, I just I just looked at it.
Speaker 1: He was drafted by the Bengals, but never played for the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Played in three preseason games apparently, so I guess that's good enough.
Speaker 5: I guess so he lost out the fat Randy Bullock.
Speaker 3: Seg I just had this handed Tommy. Uh oh, this is another gym from wild Band.
Speaker 1: Winter storm morning in effect h four am Tuesday to seven am Wednesday for Adams County in southwest Ohio, grant Owen, Pendleton and Bracken Counties in northern Kentucky. Uh oh, three to four inches total accumulation. Look out didn't say anything about Middletown in here. Are you making your plans now?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 5: See y'all on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: So I'm in for Cunningham tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Good luck to you.
Speaker 1: I can count on, I can count on. Not the one a stooge report we'll see, we'll see what happens. But they're saying the winter Weather Advisory is in effect for Claremont, Brown and Highland Counties.
Speaker 3: How can that hit just right around there.
Speaker 1: That they're saying it's going to stay they stay south of the river. Okay, So snow in Kentucky a little bit, maybe a little bit here in Ohio one to two inches for us three to four inches if you're south of the Ohio River.
Speaker 3: Now they're off day for kids.
Speaker 1: So choose, choose care. Jos was all right, seg guess out of the Stewge Report, Dan.
Speaker 3: And author of the Philadelphia Eagles as a Super Bowl champs and the Reds and Pitchers and catchers reporting today, let's go forty six days until opening Day. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stewed Report.
Speaker 5: Kansas City, thirty Eagles, thirty.
Speaker 3: Town shotgun snap, five man.
Speaker 9: Rush puts up another long or two pests. You're so con the time intercepted at the five Cook got it rolling out upon some of it sideline, looking over his shoulder into the roof, he gets that pass picked off. Hurts has just thrown it away, and Cook comes up with the interception and the first Eagles giveaway this postseason.
Speaker 3: But see you at two thirty.
Speaker 1: Former UC bearcat making that place, Seg. So at least at least something good happen, Seg. We'll see in about after the news of two thirty, Yes, sir, on seven hundred WL seven hundred WLW it's two and nine, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham. And every year after the Super Bowl, I've been doing this for I don't know how many years now, not that many, but at least a few years. I like to talk about the Super Bowl commercials that I thought were good and the ones that were good, and when what the hell is wrong with these advertisers. And to help me do that, I bring in my my my former colleague from Fox nineteen and now with the hit that button right over there, Steve Oldfield at Thomas Moore University. Yeah, that one right there, now, now say something. Let's see Now I can turn it up a little bit. I see, Dave. Do we have Steve on? Man, I'm not hearing it. Try try the one that you're right. Well, you got to figure out we got to figure out what microphone this guy's on. How about let me see you got the red button, the red button, the one that says on how about now hit the red button and now there you go now broadcasting one on one Steve Oldfield, how's everything that Thomas Moore?
Speaker 10: It's doing great And we're going to be talking about these commercials tonight in my classes?
Speaker 3: Are you really?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, And the only rule I have is, I mean, and there's so many of them, but I say the commercials that I count are the ones that start after kickoff and the ones in the last one before the final whistle.
Speaker 10: So that means we don't have to talk about the creepy commercial with Martha Stewart acting like she was a young kid doing gymnastics and dancing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seg Thought said he thought that was his favorite one. Really, so he liked that one. Oh and that was to me it was creepy. And I got to tell I had something I have to tell you about her. I was at a premiere once in New York City and she showed up wearing this black leather dominatrix looking get up Arthur Stewart. Yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised if her name shows up on that ditty list after seeing her in person off for crying out loud.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, that's my thought on Martha Stewart probably ruined it for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: One commercial that it was the first one after the they won the first break and this was the dun king yeah right with a and I guess it was like a smack off or something. I loved it, and I thought and the first thing I thought was, I mean, did they really need to run this one back? Because they because they had these characters last here. Matt Damon obviously wasn't in it. He turned up a little bit later on. But Belichick and his girlfriend was in there. I thought Belichick had the best line of the whole commercial.
Speaker 5: It's just beans and water.
Speaker 1: He says, that's like something I've got my garbage disposal. Yes, yes, And then I think that was his girlfriend that was standing next.
Speaker 5: I thought so too.
Speaker 1: But the part with the one guy they wanted to be on their crew and he was like inside a giant thing of coffee. I didn't care for that. I don't know how that made the final cut.
Speaker 10: No, there's some little creepy stuff in it. But the Barista buds was great because I hate Starbucks and I hate that whole concept, So anytime that they make fun of stuff like that, I love.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And then the next one was the kid in the boxing with the boxing gloves on the kid fighting cancer, and you liked that one.
Speaker 10: I thought it was really really strong and I because it told a story the kid was great. The only thing that was a little weird for me about that is it was Pfizer and I'm not a big vaccine gu.
Speaker 1: I just thought that that they went for the emotional impact at the end of that spot. Yeah, And I thought I thought the getting to that spot was a little bit too long. I think they I think they lost their their shot for having the really emotional impact because it because it all, it all carried on a little bit too long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Then we have this, uh uh, this commercial for the MSc cruises and Drew Barrymore is in there. I find her ultimately annoying. I cannot divorce myself from her politics, and that was a total turn off for me.
Speaker 10: It was in Orlando bloom bless us hard. I are they friends in real life?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 10: I was trying to wonder where were that because they were apparently taking a cruise together.
Speaker 5: So I thought that was weird.
Speaker 1: I mean, but someone who why would they choose someone who's so politically divisive.
Speaker 5: It's a good question.
Speaker 1: And that was the and and look and here's and let me let me run this, but I want to get your thought on this.
Speaker 3: Uh. Well, all the the I didn't watch all of.
Speaker 1: The uh uh you know, the pregame stuff, but the stuff that I did see I thought was really well done. And I thought, in general, I think a lot of these commercials got away from the ultra woke advertising that plagued Super Bowl commercials the last two or three seasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they really got away from a lot of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: To me, the most woke were the was the NFL itself, you know, doing that whole thing where they were making fun of guys playing football and the girls.
Speaker 3: I didn't care for that one.
Speaker 5: I didn't like that.
Speaker 3: But they had another one that I thought was pretty good. And we'll get to that one.
Speaker 1: But I thought the little Caesars with Eugene Levey's eyebrows flying around that had a little creep factor for me.
Speaker 5: Too, I would agree, just a little too great.
Speaker 10: You know. The funny thing is we keep mentioning all these names. These are all people, all the stars. All we can say is Madison Avenue just plays it safe all the time. These are all people who've been around for twenty thirty forty years. It was Old Home Week if you're in your fifties or sixties. Eugene Levees yet another person like that, and so, I, I don't know, it was a little weird. It went again, it went on a little too long. And then there was one later that had another thing similar to eyebrows, was it?
Speaker 1: There was the Pringles with the Mustang. The Mustang say it was the same kind of time, and my I didn't care for that one either, No, no, no. Then we had you had the t mobile and the Starlink one. You liked the shops amount of space.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And to me that that was the biggest news of the whole thing, that they're going to give you like try their service free till July.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so that's what four or five months, it's free, whatever it is.
Speaker 10: I thought that was cool, And I of course thought of Elon with Starlink, right, so I'm a big fan of his. So I like the commercial.
Speaker 1: Homes dot Com with Morgan Freeman. I didn't care for that one. The Meta commercial, I guess that was Chris Pratt and some got some other guy. Those commercials didn't work for me.
Speaker 10: No, And those glasses started to ninety nine. Did you did you see that on there? The little thing glass was starting at two ninety nine?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I thought that was weird. I didn't care for that. Uh.
Speaker 1: The Dorito's commercial with the space alien where the guy's fighting with the back.
Speaker 3: I got. I gave that one a half a star.
Speaker 10: Yeah, just kind of weird and strange, but but it got your attention if you were if you were talking and some big party, you would look up and that would that would at least grab you in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then there was one for Circle Water, totally forgettable.
Speaker 5: With that guy from Pitch Perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had no idea who that guy was. Then we've got the Ultra and the pickle Ball with Willem dafoe and who was the female O'Hara. Yeah, so I kind of liked that concept. I thought it played out pretty good.
Speaker 3: I gave it. I gave it a half a star.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, USA Today ranked him it was their third most popular crack one. I will say something we were talking about before we went on. There must be some new technique that they can airbrush actors in commercials, because both Catherine O'Hara and Willem Dafoe and Tom Cruise for that matter, looked like either they had major work done or it looked like photoshop to me, Dan and I thought that was so weird. But I'm a tennis player. I've been a tennis player since I was nine. I'm a member of Cincinnati Tennis Club. I competed in a match yesterday an inner club.
Speaker 5: We all hate.
Speaker 10: Pickleball as tennis player, do you really? Yeah, so it kills me Eastern Hills Racket Club.
Speaker 1: But I think they really tapped into this whole pickleball. I mean, yeah, we lost.
Speaker 10: Another club, Eastern Hills, which is a great tennis club near Lunkan Airport, is now going to be pickleball. So pickleball's taking over the world. So they were smart to do this commercial. And I do love Catherine O'Hair I've I've met both of those people, Katherine and Willem. They're both two of the nicest people.
Speaker 1: Yes, cool, that's cool. Then you had the Disney and promote and all their shows who cares. Then Rich Crackers had to tried to be funny with the salty people thing. I'm not sure that really pulled that off.
Speaker 5: I didn't get that at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see that ball had a penguins, the penguin animation looking I mean, for as much money as Red Bull has that that commercial, it looked cheap.
Speaker 3: It didn't. It didn't feel like it was really a Super Bowl worthy.
Speaker 5: That they phoned it in. And same with squear Space.
Speaker 1: I didn't the guy riding around Scotland thrown tops around that that didn't make any sense to me. Okay, Now the one that I think is getting the most talk and uh, this might have been my favorite of the night was Mountain Dew. Uh and they and this girl is drinking mountain dew and she winds up on this boat and then there's there's a group of seals out there and Seal is singing It's the Mountain Dew song. Yeah, and it was a seal that had Seal's head on it. That was the first time I laughed out loud all night long. That's what I liked about.
Speaker 10: That one, I would agree, And and and that that effect looked a little cheesy, but it was meant to be.
Speaker 1: Cheesy, right, And I think that's why it was so funny, because you hear the music coming up and and and there's just a brief maybe a couple of seconds there, and it's long enough to where if you know the song like I did, I'm thinking, wait a minute, there's a group of seals, and I'm like that seal, this is seal that he pops his head up and it's seal on a seal, which which I thought was It came out pretty good. Let's see. Then we had the sloths the Corps Light commercial. I give cors like credit for taking a different, a different tack than the ones they put out last year at the train and the and that. We talked about those and I didn't care for those. I thought the one with the sloths were better. I agree, you know, and and the one there's a there's a scene where a guy gets his twelve pack of Corps Light, which they called American Light for some reason. I'm not sure what they changed the name or whatever. But he walks in, he tosses the beer to the sloth and he goes right by him. You see him raising his hand up really slow to try to catch me. I thought that was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Then we had the the Manning Brothers. Oh.
Speaker 1: Then we had then Snoop and Tom Brady yelling each at each other. See there's anti Yeah, the anti hate commercial and so.
Speaker 3: Give me a break? Not working for you? Is that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 10: And I and again I I love Snoop I've interviewed him before, but I just thought, do we need to fan the flames and tell everybody that everybody hates each other?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's just idiotic.
Speaker 3: The Snoop Dogg have to be in every thing that happens now in the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when he goes to the Olympics, he does everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's in everything. Now, can we give that a little bit of a rest?
Speaker 5: I would agree?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see. Then we had the Manning Brothers with the fan duel, the kicking thing. Uh, I mean I don't know the man. I mean, you know what you're gonna get from Eli and and Peyton, man, that's true. Let's see. Then Matthew McConaughey with the eats and Kevin Bacon. Everybody loves bacon. Matthew McConaughey is fantastic. I think in these spots.
Speaker 3: He may be the best pitch man of all these. He is I mean, he is buying it totally to that character. He is selling the product, and he's funny. He's funny, he's relatable.
Speaker 1: I think, Uh, I think they did a great thing that because even though I'll probably never use uber eats, I enjoy their commercial. And then he had another one later on where he dresses up like Mike Ditka, right, and he's well, you know, He's got a series of those commercials, and I think he does a great job at all of.
Speaker 10: Them, and he seems like the most regular dude of a lot of the people in there. I would say he and Channing Tatum are the two most regular, you would think. But whenever I would interview Matthew McConaughey, he was always drinking like Yerba mate off and some little straw and doing like some weird new age stuff. But in these commercials, in his persona, he's like mister American dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Okay, Well, he's a good actor, then let's see. Then we had the old ladies driving around with the Born to Be Wild.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that was about and I.
Speaker 10: Just don't want to see some old lady flashing in a bingo. That just is a little too much Grandma. We don't need to see grandma taking her top off.
Speaker 1: Yeah that, yeah, I don't get let me see. Then we had the Turbo tax one I wrote down. It looked very expensive, but it didn't really work for me.
Speaker 10: No, because they had that whole thing where it turns into cake and she eats the cake.
Speaker 1: It looked like they spent a ton of money on that. Oh yeah, yeah money. Then the one that I did kind of like was the g phone commercial.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or you've got the he's preparing for a job interview and then you sort of get these flashback scenes and it turns out he's a stay at home dad and he's getting ready to re enter the workforce. And I just thought that was pretty tastefully done. The whole thing, very very clever and well written.
Speaker 10: You know some of these spots you actually, I mean, that would win an award for just the way it was written because it was so clever. How he talked about how he compared his family life to working for a company.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I thought that was very well done.
Speaker 1: Then we had a rocket mortgage they did with the with the Country Roads song. They were going for the big emotional impact there, But I don't get emotional about my mortgage company. I'm sorry. I just thought, you know, I got to send him a big chunk of money every week, I mean or every month.
Speaker 5: But you know what they did, it was awesome, Dan.
Speaker 10: They came out of the commercial break and the entire audience at the super Bowl was singing that song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I thought that was awesome. I thought that was really smart. Well, you know, they were getting they were getting some mileage that ob I like that. Let me see. Then we had another Jesus. We talked about these Jesus had the first time they popped up about two or three years ago. This was the latest, uh you know, the latest one of those with the Johnny Cash song, which I don't know. I was okay with it, Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It didn't.
Speaker 10: It didn't bother me as much as the as that we hate each other one. I thought it was pretty well shot and pretty well edited and a good but he it's funny they do the Jesus commercial. It's followed by Liquid.
Speaker 1: It was slight next up in the line up there sorry about that, which totally forgettable to me. The Chef Ramsey one I thought was totally forgettable, but it.
Speaker 10: Did have one great line. All famous people are aliens. Uh yeah, And I thought that was funny and yeah, and that was yeah, that was that was that was That was a good line now that you mention it. And then the next one was Tom Brady and the dur Cell and Robot.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know what, I think. I think Tom Brady is going to wind up being good at this. I think he's and this is his first year really being you know, with the the TV broadcasting and now I don't think I've ever seen him really do commercials like this before. But well, i'll tell you you know, I think once he loosens up a little bit, I think he's going to be good at this.
Speaker 10: And that's exactly right. He's a little stiff now. The one he needs to watch and emulate and learn from is Jason Kelsey, who is doing commercials. He's doing sideline work. To me, Jason's the I don't like his brother who's with Taylor Swift, But I think Jason Kelsey, if I were going to hire one person for any of this stuff, he'd be the guy.
Speaker 1: Well he's another guy like Snoop Dogg who's everywhere he is I mean, I mean, the guy is pitching everything and God bless him. And he's got I mean, he's making more money now than when he was playing in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Brady's a little stiff. Still, he'll get better. I think he is going to get better. Then we had one that I think was pretty interesting was the chat GPT one and the Dots. I actually wound up going back and watching that because I think their message was, look what we can do with just dots. Yeah, these so you got big dots, small dots, you know, different sized dots, different shades of gray. And I think their message was, we can take these dots and make them look like waves of the ocean or a ship or an airplane or a guy riding his bike or whatever. And I think they were sort of saying, and that's what AI can do, is take something that's very simple and make it appear to be like anything. Was that is that the message? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think and it can start. It all starts with the basics and then they all make it better, you know. And I'm one of the in academia, right, you know, I'm a Thomas More. This is a topic that professors are talking about all the time. AI GPT, and AI I happen to think it's fine. I teach public speaking. I told the students literally last week, I don't care if you use chet GPT. It's all about how you're going to perform this speech, and if you need some help, go for it. But if you're like an English professor, they're all freaked out and think it's a terrible thing.
Speaker 5: But I think it chat.
Speaker 10: I can tell a difference in the quality of my students from two or three years ago because I think a lot of them are using that to write their speeches. That's fine with me, it is, Yeah, Okay, So I thought the commercial was.
Speaker 1: In do you what do you want to know if they're using it? Do you want them to tell you up front they used I.
Speaker 10: Can kind of figure it out by a word here or there that they'll use. I think there's no way they would have used that otherwise.
Speaker 1: All right, and then one more before we get to the break here, uh, and I don't I think both of us are going to feel the same way about this was the guy's eating the whipped cream and the and the tongue is dancing around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was It.
Speaker 1: Was was coffee mate, And I thought the guys were just you know, shoving the whip cream in their mouth and.
Speaker 3: With Steve stupid, very stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and maybe how many you know, eight million dollars for that? No, are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, we got to get a break in here, and then you're gonna hang around for the Stuge Report and we'll talk about a few more as we roll on till three This afternoon. Dan Carroll with Steve Oldfield for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 3: The whole town was batting.
Speaker 8: I'll bounce since Sinnati Water Team, Water Team, water Team, each man and a lady from one to eighty, How they scream, how they scream, how they scream, keep barn rooting every day and they'll do that best to keep on winning. You can tell you all. I had a hadie this year. It's since Sinnati Water Team, lot a Team, lot a Team.
Speaker 3: Hello, quiet and I'm spoke. I'm broadcasting god segment?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 3: So I'm getting you fired up for the start of baseball season?
Speaker 5: Quick transition theire So say goodbye to the super Bowl and a hello.
Speaker 3: To the ring. That super Bowl stunk.
Speaker 1: That was that that super Bowl was was like an elephant's butt.
Speaker 5: Well, we wouldn't we wouldn't be able to high high, we wouldn't be able to live today of the Chiefs won again with three in a row.
Speaker 3: Thank God, thank god.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. I'm glad. I'm glad it's over. I'm glad it's over. But my buddy Steve Oldfield is here. We're talking about Super Bowl commercials. Yes, you like the Martha Stewart one. She can dance and uh and let me see.
Speaker 5: That wasn't ai was it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: It had to be.
Speaker 1: I actually liked the one that Nike had with with the girls with Caitlyn. Do you see the one with Caitlyn Gark, Caitlyn Clark. I thought that was a really good one.
Speaker 5: I started boycotting Nike about ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Well so did I.
Speaker 1: I didn't we you know what, when they went with Colin Kaepernick exactly that. I mean, That's why I said, I'm never I'm never buying anything else Nike, never buying another Nike golf. I find a Nike golf ball on the golf course. I hit it in the pond, I put it in the water, you know, out in the airport or something like that, exactly the same the commercial.
Speaker 3: But I thought I thought that I thought they I thought they did a better job on that one. Let's see, let me let me find one more than I liked to all the hogendas. One, yeah, with Vin Diesel and what's the girl's.
Speaker 5: Name, Michelle Rodriguez.
Speaker 10: She was in some of those movies Fast and the Furious with them, and they both looked like they had been photoshopped or airbrush because they looked a lot younger than I remember them.
Speaker 1: They were driving bout as fast as Segment drives between here in Middletown, about twenty miles an hour. How do you know he's he's just kicking back. What do you what do you drive like? Mario ANDRETTI can't say. Seg get us into the Stude report, if you would.
Speaker 3: Please, and the Stooge reporters appro service over your local tame Star Heating interconditioning dealers Temstar quality. You could feel in Cincinnati, cal Sheldon Braun at Braun Heating at five one, three, three eight five seventy seven sixty five. What Red's pitchers and catchers reporting the spring training camp today, going through physicals. They will have their first workout Wednesday. Position players in camp on Saturday. Among the early arrivals, Matt McClean, Spencer Steer.
Speaker 1: Please don't get hurt, Jay Friedel, just tell these guys not to get hurt.
Speaker 3: Don't get hurt. Before the regular season starts. The Reds are going to sport a new patch on their uniform sleeve and honor of the with the number fourteen in honor of the late hit king Pete Rose. Big number fourteen on the uniform sleeve looks good. Dave Parker gonna be Baseball's Hall of Fame in July. The Hall of Fame says he's going to be wearing a Pittsburgh Pirates hat on the plaqueurs. All right, he started there and he did that. He did play more years? Did he play? Did he play more years in Pittsburgh?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because how many years with Cincinnati. Maybe wild Man will text me again, tell me how many years he.
Speaker 3: Knows every that College basketball Auburn remains number one this week and the AP Poll, despite a loss to the Gators Alabama second. Those two meet this Saturday, one versus two Purdua seventh, Kentucky fifteenth, Dave Parker for four years here and since years of Cobra.
Speaker 1: It seems I mean, you talk about the impact that that guy made, It seems like I would have guessed he was here.
Speaker 3: More than he was.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 5: They talk about five tool players, he was like ten.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable and you know, ten years in Pittsburgh, Thank you sheriff. So you know, but that's all right. I mean, you know he's going in. That's the main thing. That's the main thing. Super Bowl that day brought to you by Stone Statements. Make your dream kitchen come to life today with Stone Statements dot Com. Apparently, I guess the world champion Eagles are going to hold their celebration parade at Philadelphia this Friday on Valentine's Day. Really, that's the word. Will Taytay be there? I don't think so, you don't think is it over? Huh? Is it over seeing her on TV for a while? Yes, thank goodness, Steve Oldfield? Is it over between Taylor Swift and.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no no.
Speaker 10: I just think that he probably kept the ring and decided not to give it to where because he lost.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say theory, so he looked a little weird yesterday walking in, he looked like he was from like nineteen sixty nine or seventy yesterday. Yeah, like like a looked like a like a I don't know, like a secret agent.
Speaker 1: So he was only gonna he was only gonna give her a ring if they won the game.
Speaker 3: That was the rumor. See I don't I say I don't. I'm don't follow all that stuff. I don't either, but you know about I just.
Speaker 5: Make it up.
Speaker 3: Is also Dan Carroll. It was on this day, January tenth of two thousand, Junior comes home.
Speaker 5: Keim Griffy, Junior came home. That was nine seasons with the Reds.
Speaker 3: I remember because I was sitting next to wild Man in that packed press conference when the man walked in.
Speaker 10: Is it true that he wasn't nearly as nice to reporters as his dad?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I interviewed Junior a few times down there, and he's.
Speaker 3: Very good to meet. Yeah, good to know. I had no problem. I didn't know we struck up a friendship because of NASCAR.
Speaker 5: No, I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 8: Uh nervous, nervous, Yeah, okay, uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Last time I put on this uniform, I think I was eight.
Speaker 5: In a father and son game.
Speaker 6: So I'm happy to be here. And I really don't know what to say. I mean, this is something that you dream of as a little kid, and you know, I finally did it, finally. Back in the hometown, I watched so many great ballplayers play.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I think I think, uh, Junior, I think Senior's personality is a little bit different than juniors.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think, uh.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how the media treated him when he was in Seattle, but I think when he came here to Cincinnati, initially he was a little protective. He was he was. He was not overly talkative. But I think I think that that after a couple of seasons, I think he really started to loosen up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, overall, I thought he'd come by going to reports in the dugout. He'd come by and he would just stand there and stare at me on this off to the side, because and you know, you get that feeling like somebody's watching you. And I would turn my head to the right and there he is, and he'd go and I said, he said, what are you doing? I said, well, I'm reading something. He said, you want to read something, read this? So he'd read it? What was it? Would have a question? So, ain't talking to seven hundred? Very come on, you could turn it up, but I'll talk to you. See there wasn't talking. I think you are.
Speaker 5: So he's he's a good guy.
Speaker 3: So did you see Harrison Ford selling jeeps last night? Saw a little bit of that. One didn't see the whole commercial, but I saw a little bit of it. I didn't. That didn't work for me. You loved it.
Speaker 5: I didn't like it.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: My take on that was was say, you know, he's showing the jeep and it's, first of all, it's an electric jeep. I don't know anyone that wants an electric jeep. Maybe if he does, I mean, that's fine.
Speaker 5: He lives in Jackson, ol Wyoming with all yes, but it was.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, look, I'm a rich guy. I've got this jeep. I've got all the things you need to plug it in and all the rest of it. And he's like, oh, go get your own. Yeah, well you know who's got who's got one hundred grand for a jeep.
Speaker 10: But what he said was he said real heroes aren't in the movies, which I thought was cool. And then he said Pride is a bad driver. Pride is a terrible driver. So I thought it was cool. I don't know, but then this might have been my other favorite one. Okay, I think I know what you're gonna stellar ar. Twis Matt Damon.
Speaker 3: Matt Damon. And did you see that one second?
Speaker 1: So, so David Beckham is sitting there with his parents, are drinking estella and they and they say, uh, you've got a long lost half brother. I guess there was twin brother, a twin brother, So David Beckham he says, what's his name? They said, well, he's the other David. So so he flies to the States. He shows up and his and his other brother brother is Matt Damon. And Matt Damon's like having a party's cooking wings and are sitting there talking and uh and and so a guy gives him a football and he says, oh, it's the thing I do. And he turns around and like kicks his football into outer space. It was pretty funny. And then he says, he says, wait a minute. He says, so my half brother is famous and he's and he says yeah, he says, well, how famous and he says.
Speaker 10: Matt Damon famous, Matt Damon famous. No, it's actually Ben Affleck famous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was very So my question is this is Stella Artois and Dunkin Donuts owned by the same company, because because they cracked on Matt Damon and the dunk King commercial for not being there, and then they turn around a crack on Ben Affleck and the Matt Damon Although I read that Bean Affleck directed.
Speaker 5: That commercial, that's probably why.
Speaker 3: So how about that?
Speaker 10: Because they love to rip on each other. They've been best friends since they were little kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are they still best friends? And I think there's.
Speaker 10: Still probably pretty close, except he's got to be in. Matt's got to be irritated with having j Loo around yet again, right back and forth with Ben all the time.
Speaker 5: That would get on my nerves.
Speaker 1: I don't know, said, would you be irritated with Jaylo around all the time?
Speaker 5: Probably?
Speaker 10: She was held up interviews with all the press for two hours because she walked in and she didn't like the color of her nails with the color of the walls. So they said, we have to get an emergency manicure to change her nail colors.
Speaker 3: That would be it right there. The color of her nails, Yeah, didn't match the walls. So I go to hear the who thinks about that? Jennifer Lopez? Unbelievable?
Speaker 5: Horrible? Yeah, howky diva of the first order?
Speaker 3: So the color? All right? Yeah, you see, I'll see.
Speaker 1: If I was the one out there doing those interviews like you did, that would drive me crazy.
Speaker 10: People were going to miss their flights because she had to have an emergency manicure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was terrible.
Speaker 1: What about the Taco Bell commercial with Lebron James You see that one segment?
Speaker 5: Was that Kevin Hart and any of them?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know what, I didn't see Kevin Hart, and he was.
Speaker 5: Missing this year. I don't think we saw him in anything.
Speaker 3: I like Kevin. I think Kevin Hart's pretty funny in those and a lot of those commercials that he said, great question. I didn't know his Piggy was there.
Speaker 5: I saw him as Piggy in the Booking dot com with.
Speaker 1: Kermit and the Well. They had a bunch of muppets in that in that one commercial. Did you see I see you? You like a lot more stuff than I. Did you rate the commercials in the Puppy Bowl?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't offer crying out loud, just answering.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do they do they easy ext when when they have the Puppy Bowl? Do they make special commercials for the Puppy Bowl just like for the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then then you they put the dog up for adoption and everything else. So hopefully some of those dogs that were there yesterday found new homes.
Speaker 1: Well hopefully hopefully. What about the Budweiser commercial with the clydes Dales that.
Speaker 3: Gets you every time? Well, it doesn't make a difference.
Speaker 1: I know, but it just seemed like it just seemed to me like there was nothing new there.
Speaker 3: There wasn't.
Speaker 10: Well, it's still one in the USA today. Pull of the favorite commercials. That was number one.
Speaker 3: People like that one.
Speaker 5: People love that one anytime. They love the clydes Dale's.
Speaker 3: They love the story, the small Clydesdale's rolling the half barrel up the up the because it fell off the legon or whatever. Yeah, like the dog a few years ago, the little puppy dog and you know it becomes the dog that sits atop the the uh, the beer wagons.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, I mean that that gets you, you know, brilliant.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe I'm maybe I'm not not feeling enough King of Beers.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm not What about Here's what I didn't like, okay, was the one with the dude I think this was for TB and the kids walking around. He's got like a head shape in the shape of a cowboy hat.
Speaker 5: Oh, that was really cruel.
Speaker 3: What was that about?
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Did you see that one.
Speaker 1: Saying they're looking at they're looking at the kid. They're looking at the kid on the ultrasound.
Speaker 3: A fleshy cowboy hat and then and and he's got a head in the shape of a cowboy hat.
Speaker 1: And then like he he like lives, spends his whole life, and they with walking around with the head the shape of a cowboy.
Speaker 5: And then he sees other people wearing hats and the like.
Speaker 3: Hair of the Harry Potter hats or whatever. Just too weird. And there was there was two of those commercials.
Speaker 5: Yes, and they were both creepy.
Speaker 1: How does stuff like that get on eight million dollars? And how does stuff like that get on the air?
Speaker 10: I used to say, when I was a movie critic, weird for the sake of being weird. Some movies and some directors they have to do that sort of thing, and I don't get it. It's not extra creative just because it's creepy.
Speaker 1: What what if you went and what happened when you had to go review a movie and it sucked and then you had to talk to the stars afterwards?
Speaker 3: What was that like? Did you suck it up?
Speaker 5: Orgain? Somebody had another manicure tell.
Speaker 3: Him their movie was no good.
Speaker 10: I walked out of one movie was method Man and Red Men. Do you remember the two of them?
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 10: They did a movie called How High and they were both so stoned the next day that they they got through about three interviews and they called called it quits.
Speaker 5: But I walked out of their film because I thought it was that bad.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, did you do the interview the next one?
Speaker 5: I didn't. I was I was like, the next one up and they called it so I didn't.
Speaker 1: Have thank I saved by the bell. What would you What would you have said to him?
Speaker 10: If you would have told it, I probably would have tried to find something positive about you know. I liked your I'm sure you had a nice makeup lady or something. I don't know what I would have said, right, They usually have really pretty girls doing that, so we would have probably talked about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because all the movie was horrible.
Speaker 1: There was one commercial that had John Stamos in it. Yeah, where he was playing the piano. I'm not sure what he was advertising, but he was playing it was and I wrote down entertaining. I thought that was I thought that was actually pretty good. I didn't know he could play piano.
Speaker 5: No, and yet again another fifty or it.
Speaker 1: Could be fake. They can make they could make me look like I don't know how to play people.
Speaker 10: But yet another commercial where they were being safe and hiring somebody from our generation that has been around for thirty years.
Speaker 5: So I don't get it.
Speaker 1: So, seg, what was your favorite commercial of the night. I'm going to go with the Matt Damon one with David Beckham than.
Speaker 3: The Budweiser wouldn't get you all the time, no matter what it is, and that Mark I mean I watched that, uh you know, Martha Stewart right out in the box and it was like, what in the world is this. I'm thinking, there's no way in the world that lady's running around like that at eighty something years old. So I thought, well, you know, if it and I'm sure it's like Oprah whatever whatever. Uh. You know, Martha Stewart likes thousands of people probably went out and bought sketchers today.
Speaker 5: It's like her.
Speaker 3: I'm wearing sketchers right now.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: I bought sketchers before they were cool.
Speaker 5: I don't have slippins, but I'm probably gonna go get some.
Speaker 3: Steve Oldfield, give me your favorite.
Speaker 10: I would have to say the hellman's really in my top three or the little boy who is fighting cancer.
Speaker 5: Those are my two favorite spots.
Speaker 3: All right, So we disagree, you know, we don't have to agree.
Speaker 5: All but we can get along.
Speaker 3: That's we could. We could teach those politicians less. We don't have to fight over commercials. Seg get us out of the Stooge Report, if you would.
Speaker 5: Please, Dan Carol, in honor of a beautiful day here in a tri state, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stewod Report.
Speaker 3: Here we go, red legs, here we go. The big red Tide is coming. You can't stop it.
Speaker 1: And all the games right here, Well, not the preseason games, but all the regular season, all the ones thatcount right here on the Home of the Red.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred Steve Oldfield. Thank you man. Awesome always please seven hundred W LW