Speaker 1: Front.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll tell you about that in a minute. Oh my gosh. I hello, okay, start up with the cough, start with me starting late. What is up? It's Laura Kane after dark. Thank you for tuning into our podcast. It's been a crazy day. I'm Laura Kane. This is Eric Rimmer.
Speaker 1: It's been crazy. Are you still I'm not sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, good. I'm on the same wavelength as you at the perfect Behind the mic is producer Brian.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, first off, it was a very busy day in the newsroom, as you can imagine it with.
Speaker 4: God dear shakes never lose their minds.
Speaker 2: Seriously for real. And uh, I haven't had anything to eat all day? So oh boy, no, no, no, So I have come up with a solution and you're gonna what I can't believe.
Speaker 3: Well, is that solution an insurance?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: Oh boy?
Speaker 4: She brought it from her day nursing home.
Speaker 2: Ah. Nice, it's nutrition, it's protein. It's for people that don't get enough uh of that? Yes? Oh, we have to go on another food run tonight if you can. Why because I'm really hungry. We did it last week, you're not into it this week? Why your plans.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to Vegas for a wedding tonight.
Speaker 3: No, I got a kit. I'll go.
Speaker 1: Ready, you will, we'll go. Oh see, okay great if Eric goes.
Speaker 3: Oh well maybe I'll go. I just won't eat.
Speaker 2: When is the wedding, uh, the May ninth. So we just were trying to cut down on everything.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna eat air for.
Speaker 2: The next Well, we'll eat something not healthy. We won't go to where we went to last time. Oh, last food.
Speaker 3: We'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out. So look, we had the earth shaking today at around when was it ten something this morning? Five point two quake south of Julian.
Speaker 4: I just got to say, that was only like fifteen miles from me, maybe twenty. It was pretty I was thinking about it was pretty intense. I thought my windows might break.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: I could hear them like like boeing under like the It was pretty intense.
Speaker 2: Sitting here on my couch in Hillcrest, I felt the shaking. It was really quick, and then I was like, oh, okay, a nurse, so it wasn't that bad here for me, It was.
Speaker 4: Like a full fifteen seconds. Was it really about I want to say. I feel like maybe I'm maybe I'm exaggerate in my head, but.
Speaker 1: If well, I was at work and it was just a it seemed like maybe four but where our building is all glass and you could see the glass go like out and in. It was so really crazy.
Speaker 3: I could hear it. It was. It was weird.
Speaker 2: Did anything fall off the wall or break?
Speaker 4: No, my house is built on a concrete slab, so it doesn't. The ground rumbles, but nothing actually like.
Speaker 2: Falls, nothing fell off a shell for anything.
Speaker 3: Now wait until I tell you what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get right into about the quake. Yeah, okay, Well I'll.
Speaker 3: Just knock yourself out.
Speaker 2: I was in, you know, because my my newsroom job, because I'm a reporter now and at all.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, by the way, you look really good.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you very much. I just slapped on a bunch of makeup real quick before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look really thank you.
Speaker 2: That's really nice. And the it was like it was crazy breaking news.
Speaker 4: The ground rumbled.
Speaker 2: It was crazy town in the newsroom. Because we went long on the morning shows, we could take live phone calls. People were calling from Julian. There were actually some damages up you know, closer to the epicenter, and then they shut down the Sprinter and the Coaster and North County Transit District just to check out to see if the bluffs were okay. Right, Yeah, so this was no joke. And I guess there were a couple of aftershocks.
Speaker 3: And just one. I only felt one.
Speaker 2: It was like an hour later I didn't feel any In your opinion, does this signify something bigger that's coming? Is this the Earth started getting ready or.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you because I have I think so. I think this signifies is huge.
Speaker 2: No, for real.
Speaker 3: I think this.
Speaker 4: Signifies the fact that there are these massive, giant pieces of rock we're all sitting on and they're moving, and they're grading against each other, and they're just they're just rumbling and they're just fighting each other and they're they're convecting or conducting or something, I forget what the terms are. They're converging and they're they're just they're rubbing against each other and they're causing a lot of trouble.
Speaker 2: Well maybe this did something.
Speaker 3: To uh to follow them out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it pissed the other played off, So it's gonna it's gonna fight back now.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Our biggest fault is that the Rose Canyon one.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Anyway, the only other earthquake I really remember is the one in ninety four.
Speaker 4: You don't remember the like twenty ten Easter one.
Speaker 3: Oh that one was insane.
Speaker 4: I was like a full min there or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, refresh My memory was like a set was on Easter Sunday.
Speaker 4: It was like a maybe a six point that was almost seven.
Speaker 2: And where was it centered?
Speaker 4: I don't remember, but it was like I remember because I was like I was like probably like ten or something, whatever year it was, and like I remember my house shook like a full mini straight and it was it was pretty.
Speaker 1: I lived downtown and you could see the high rises because I lived in a high Oh yeah, no, okay, the high rises just swinging.
Speaker 3: It was so weird.
Speaker 2: Would you rather live in a state where an unexpected earthquake could pop up at any second and we have no way of knowing, or as state where tornadoes.
Speaker 4: Earthquake earthquakes do way more damage?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hurricanes, same, yeah, earthquake Like California hasn't had like an actual devastating earthquake since like nineteen twenty something. Well, the nineteen ninety four one was huge and bad in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it didn't do as much like it doesn't do like that.
Speaker 2: The north Ridge one was the world was bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about.
Speaker 4: As much damage as a hurricane that knocked off an entire city off the map in like the Carolinas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you watch that documentary on Netflix?
Speaker 3: Crazy? I don't watch the Twisters one that was insane.
Speaker 2: It was a good one, Yeah, because it's real life and it really happened, and it's that is so terrifying. Gary, Like, I kind of want to witness it, hurricane, Oh, no, tornado, Like I want to. I want to know what it smells like. I want to feel the it has a smell, Yeah it does and feel like the calm before this, the literal calm before the sale that the way it sounds. Does it scream? Does it like groan those like all this stuff like, oh my god? But then again, I don't want to see people and cows and houses flying through the air either.
Speaker 4: I'll take an earthquake now. I will say earthquakes are a little scarier, I feel like because there's nowhere to hide from an earthquake. Like you can go outside, but the ground's still shaken and.
Speaker 2: There's no warning, uh sirens for earth.
Speaker 4: I will say I wasn't impressed the second it started shaking. I did get the yeah, me too, Like it was right away.
Speaker 1: And some people said they got the alert right before it hit.
Speaker 4: Probably people who are farther away from the air center, but I got about like three seconds after it, which I was like, that's impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good wandering.
Speaker 1: So so I have in my house in my dining room, I have a cabinet and on top of that cabinet's about six feet tall, and I have a vase on there that's on a box that I got from my mom.
Speaker 3: And it's very very.
Speaker 2: The vase you got from your mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's something that's very just you know.
Speaker 1: I don't have a lot of stuff of hers, except for some photographs and stuff, but this was something that meant a lot to me, and I have it displayed and it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: And I have a piece of art and.
Speaker 1: Elephant because I love elephants and I love owls, and I have an owl and an elephant that my mom gave me. And when I was at work, I was sitting there and I'm oh, my gosh, if that thing fell because I'm higher up. So I ran home, walked in and everything was on the floor.
Speaker 2: So things God knocked off your shelf.
Speaker 1: The piece of art flew from once I am not kidding, flew from one side of the room. It was on the complete other side of the room.
Speaker 4: Wait, is this the same art that fell on you in bed once? No, okay, because some of you, it seems like some of your art just isn't on the wall.
Speaker 1: No, this was above the dining on the other side of the dining room, and it flew completely across the room. The elephant fell, the owl fell. The only thing that didn't fall was the vase.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, good, So I took.
Speaker 4: So much of your stuff fall. Nothing fell from me.
Speaker 1: And it was the only thing where anything fell. Nothing else fell.
Speaker 3: Weird. That's that's her.
Speaker 1: That vase of hers was the only thing that didn't fall. So I took it off and wrapped it up and put it in a drawer because I was like, good or keep it blow?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That was that was your mom coming back to say hi, and she was like, I'm going to get this bastard.
Speaker 3: Watch this she was like, I'm gonna keep my finger right on in a freaking out. She's like, dam I can't break that, but I can break everything else.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna scare them a little bit. I'm just gonna scare them a little bit. Did you guys do your taxes? Because I call the money back like a nixt significant more than you thought you were going to get back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got two grands.
Speaker 2: That's excellent. Bought a vacuum a dice it yeah, worth it, by the way, the yellow one or are there different colors now?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I got the dice in v fifteen. I got an expensive one.
Speaker 2: Sweet. Do you like seeing the lines in the carpet when you vacuum? Are you like that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I love No, I just hate the second Like I don't walk barefoot very often, but if I do and the second my foot touches something on the ground, I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm getting the vacuum and.
Speaker 2: Then okay, so well, you have money left over after buying the vacuum.
Speaker 4: The rest of it goes into the savings in the stock market.
Speaker 2: Is this a good time to buy stock? Since things went down so hardcore? Isn't that when you're supposed to buy because eventually it'll go up, right, I mean yes.
Speaker 4: But it depends on what you're buying in and stuff. Yeah, don't buy it, like, don't buy Tesla right now. Yeah, to buy Tesla probably not good time to buy index funds?
Speaker 2: Is that your hot tip? What's your hot tip right now?
Speaker 4: If you want to if you want to build money, just buy index funds. If you're if you don't want to do anything risky, you just want to have a lot of money one day, Just buy index funds every month.
Speaker 2: What if somebody doesn't know what that is?
Speaker 1: We should have j Wortz.
Speaker 2: I know we should, but just in the short term. What is an index?
Speaker 4: Index fund is just a individual stock that is made up of a bunch of stocks and they have really they typically have really good constant rates of growth.
Speaker 3: So it means like the.
Speaker 4: Most popular ones typically get about thirteen to fifteen percent per year growth. So start doing that when you're young, you want to retire, you know it's forty sixty years. It just good about money in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh to have a crystal ball.
Speaker 4: By the time you die, Laura, there'll be probably a little bit money.
Speaker 2: And I will be working, and I will keel over dead because I will have I will have already blew all that line.
Speaker 3: You're almost to your social security.
Speaker 2: Though not quite.
Speaker 3: Gee, you're pretty close.
Speaker 2: And you know by the time we get there. I have a feeling it's not even going to be a veil.
Speaker 4: It'll be there. It'll just be much less. Now when I get old, it'll be pennies on the dollar.
Speaker 2: Now, brother from another mother, BFF, future roommate and soulmate and a very much uh a money wise person who knows where every penny is. And I respect that about you. I wish I was more like that. Do I get some kind of an allowance since Daddy's the one with the money and to work money?
Speaker 1: Didn't didn't I didn't. I already tell you.
Speaker 3: I don't remember hair nails, lashes?
Speaker 2: Okay? Can I do door dash like at least twice a week.
Speaker 1: As long as I'm oh God? But you know how I feel about door dash?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: But what if I'm your door dash? What if I make you food?
Speaker 2: Okay? Will you buy? Are you buying the groceries?
Speaker 1: Yes? Because you only buy tan food, Red Bull and Gummy Bears.
Speaker 2: What can I provide? Because I can't provide any funds when we live together, So what can I.
Speaker 1: You'll be my comic relief.
Speaker 3: You have to sell stuff.
Speaker 2: I've already sold everything and I don't own anything.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna be in an old folks home, so you can sell your like rickety body with your fake boobs and to old guys there at the Okay, yeah, and I'll be I'll be your pimps.
Speaker 2: Oh perfect, there we go, There we go.
Speaker 1: Solved, the problem solved. Oh my gosh, what can I'll put that money that I make from you in a in a savings fun for you.
Speaker 2: No, at that point, I'm going to blow We're old, who cares. Let's slow it on.
Speaker 1: She's gonna literally blow it and then blow it at the casino later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like my mama, Laura.
Speaker 1: You take that back, You take.
Speaker 3: That back my mom.
Speaker 2: My mom is enjoying her life in her mid eighties.
Speaker 1: But did you hear what I just said. I said, you're going to blow it to earn the money, and then you're gonna blow it what.
Speaker 3: You suggest like? And I said, no, no, no, that's sacrilege. Not my Mary.
Speaker 2: I miss that little part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that little that little part of my raunchy joke, I.
Speaker 2: Miss that little part of them.
Speaker 4: To be fair, though, I think or retirements my last ten years. If I just you know, smoke and drink, go to the casino, that sounds great. Honestly, that sounds like a ton of fun to my last you're not smoking and drinking, what might do one of those things?
Speaker 2: No, somebody can do whatever he wants at that age, At that you've earned the right to treat yourself how whoever you want to.
Speaker 4: Know in your eighties, you will kill me faster than lung cancer can get me.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 2: And you know what, there's something to be said about being having a mindset that is very that you're happy in doing something you enjoy. I think that also helps with health.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what, maybe I'll want to be healthy. We'll see, who knows. But maybe I just want to chill and gambles master me it like lots of okay.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, why why why?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: In the last decade? All right, that's ambitious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh yeah, I don't think you're going to be well.
Speaker 3: Moving on, yeah, moving.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you have a big steaming plate of double D News. I understand.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know where you were going with that.
Speaker 3: Either.
Speaker 2: I have a hot and tasty pile of Rando news. It's quick. We'll do that quick and then we'll get right to the celebrity goths.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, do you want it? Celebrity goths? Yeah? Please? Are you?
Speaker 2: Are?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: Are we gonna have anybody live from LA today?
Speaker 1: Or no? No, no, nobody live from LA what?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes I have a correspondent that.
Speaker 1: Oh actually yes, oh okay, yes.
Speaker 3: I do have to Okay. I was just wondering if I had to prepare myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. So I wanted to ask you guys this You're gonna this is gonna blow your mind when I tell you what? How many I have? Since it's the spring and everybody does spring cleaning, a lot of people, you know, organize and get things done this time of year. So there's a new survey out about digital clutter and how we should maybe unclutter our digital lives. How many unread emails do you think you have?
Speaker 3: Three thousand and three hundred and sixty two.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, then you're higher than normal. The average is one thousand and forty four unread emails. My phone is being used right now for Instagram Live. Do you know how many emails I have? I have more on Gmail one of my account, just one of.
Speaker 1: My Okay, I'm going to guess both of you. Okay, I'm going to say Laura is probably ten thousand, and Brian is probably.
Speaker 3: About ten or eleven thousand.
Speaker 2: Is he close?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Same?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Go again? Guess higher.
Speaker 3: Nineteen thousand, twenty two thousand. Is he he's closer? Still? Not quite?
Speaker 2: What? Guess again? For Brian?
Speaker 3: Am I close to you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, you were pretty close for me? Okay, twenty twenty, twenty four thousand, I'm at twenty four thousand unready emails.
Speaker 4: Let me read out the exactly. Oh, oh my god, okay, I've had this. I think that includes just junk ones I get. This is like my the email I've had since I was fourteen or something, so my only one. So every junk mail I've ever gotten goes here. I have twenty four thousand, five hundred and eighty nine unread emails.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you don't delete your junk mail?
Speaker 3: I should?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: I do not?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: I have currently on just I have four emails, four different emailed addresses on one two hundred and thirty three thousand unread. Oh my god, I just don't know how to bulk a race all of them, and some of them I'm about want to keep, and I'm too it's gonna take too much time.
Speaker 4: Well, remember, like purging your inbox used to be a thing where you actually have to go, like you would take time to go through and delete.
Speaker 3: Oh I two email? Oh my god, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about unread text messages one? I think I have? When I last checked, I had sixteen.
Speaker 4: I have eleven, and I don't even know most of them are for me?
Speaker 3: You guys?
Speaker 2: What about open browser tabs?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 3: Uh? Like on my phone, Laura's probably got how much I have? Four? Laura's probably got twenty two.
Speaker 2: All I know is that when Evan comes home and she has my phone, she'll go, Mom, you've got to close your tabs, And she's doing it for like at least five minutes. Boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 3: I close the tab this second. I'm down with it.
Speaker 4: The only the tabs I have out open are things I'm gonna like I am specifically keeping open, Like.
Speaker 3: I know what they are.
Speaker 2: Even at work when the engineers come in and I have my desktop open, I have so many tabs.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Like I can see them physically, like rebreaking out. I don't know, I can't help, Oh my god. And then what about unused smartphone apps? How many do you think you have on your phone that you're just not using and you should get rid of.
Speaker 4: I have a couple that don't use regularly, but I do keep because I do use them occasionally.
Speaker 2: Yes, I had to erase a whole bunch of them because it was taking up all of my space in my phone, but they were worthless anyway. And finally, speaking of money, were we speaking of money earlier? Yes, here are some money saving tips that you might not have thought of. So let's try these.
Speaker 1: Let's try it.
Speaker 2: Lock up all your credit cards. I've heard that before, right, you lock them all up? So you really are gonna I have to tell you something.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Speaking of locking things up, you know that little book size safe that I bought for when I go to the casino, you know, and I want to keep the money on there, and then somebody else has the keys. Well, I've been sticking money in there just for savings. I'm really proud of myself. I just tore the damn thing open. It's half of it is made out of cardboard, and I took it. I took it screwdriver and I just wrenched it open and took all the money out.
Speaker 3: And spent it.
Speaker 2: It's gone. Yeah, lord, I'd buy a new windshield that was part of it. Anyway, we'll get into that and a man I have I have a question that I probably shouldn't ask on the air. But let's continue to think.
Speaker 3: Oh god, am I going to start sweating?
Speaker 2: Make yourself run for every dollar you spend. So if you spend fifty bucks on something, you have to run for fifty minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh hell now, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's that is.
Speaker 3: I only run if somebody's chasing me.
Speaker 2: Now, when before you buy something, think about this. Do I like this better? Or do I like how having the fifty dollars better? Ask yourself that way, fifty dollars better. Calculate how long you'd have to work in order to buy that thing.
Speaker 1: I've done that.
Speaker 2: I've done that too, and it's really sad. Consider the idea that you might never retire, So before you buy something you don't need, ask yourself, wait, is this gonna set me back? I don't even think you know what. Retirement is not even the cards for me. It's like marrying like some ninety five year old dude.
Speaker 1: Laura's going to be like seventy eight years old and she's going to be a greeter at Walmart.
Speaker 2: That's not funny because there's some truth to that.
Speaker 1: Well, you've already got your personalized parking spot there, so why not be an employee.
Speaker 2: And just start binge watching Hoarders? Oh god, you don't want to end up with a bunch of crap.
Speaker 1: You don't want I love that show.
Speaker 2: I love it, and then I get sad when there's like dead cats that have been there for like it.
Speaker 3: It gives me so much anxiety, but in a good way.
Speaker 1: My favorite one, and I don't know if you guys have seen it, is the woman that had all the parrots and the husband fell and was in the hospital, and you know, they come out with all the big trash trucks and everything, and they're like, look, you have to get rid of these because it was cages on top of cages on top of cages and birds, and she was like, no, he can just stay there. I'm not getting rid of the birds, and some of them were really sick and everything.
Speaker 3: So then they went.
Speaker 1: Into the woman's bedroom and she hoarded phone books and never opened them. They were still in the plastic wrapping around the phone books Florida ceiling. They're going through and one of the cleaners is like, oh boy, and I'll never forget it. It was a rat that got inside the phone book and chewed its way through the phone book and got stuck in the plastic and suffocated and it was just like pressed against the thing and when they unwrapped it, it just disintegrated. And I was like, that is disgusting.
Speaker 2: And the woman was probably like, oh, but don't hurt my phone book.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she was furious she needed those phone books.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, all right, I'm gonna ask a question. And you know what, it doesn't hurt to ask, right, That's the motto. It never it could. My jeep that I drive is leased and I need to turn it in by June seventeenth, and then I'm going to turn it in and I'm going to hopefully have some funds to buy a used car. I'm not going to lease again. I can't afford the payment that I'm making. I don't know how I've done it for four years.
Speaker 3: But how much is your lease?
Speaker 1: Pant?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's so I'll tell you, Okay, nine dollar.
Speaker 3: My god, Laura.
Speaker 2: Now, let me just say I think I just had a little bit of an a leak.
Speaker 3: That's insane for.
Speaker 2: Out of myself for making it this far Brian, with my credit UH score and with the money I didn't have much savings to put. It was the only option.
Speaker 3: It wasn't you got a nice car.
Speaker 2: No, I did, but but it was the one of the only options that I could take advantage of because I couldn't. I didn't have the money to buy a car outright. I even had the co signer because my credit is so crappy. And so I said, okay, so I make like one hundred dollars payment and then two weeks I'll make another. I'd pay it in installments each month. But I've done it. I've made so anyway, the lease is up. On the seventeenth. I just had to replace the windshield because I had like three little cracks in it, and I didn't want to have the dealership to do it cost a ton. Here's my question. Now, there's got to be somebody out there is willing to do this. I want to turn in the car in the meantime save up some money to buy some used Honda or something. But I need something to dry. So does anybody out there have any kind of car, an extra car that is just sitting in your garage that you'd be willing to rent to me at a reasonable price for a few months. Is that how the question asked? I mean I would pay for it.
Speaker 1: What about a razor or a scooter or something.
Speaker 2: I can't take that on the freeway. Believe me, I'm thought of everything. I really don't know. I've tried to work it out. So I thought I would just throw that out there for how long I would say probably three months? And I won't go to Vegas, I won't drive to freaking Arizona or across the country local driving. I won't drive to Mexico. I won't do any of that just to work and back. Renting a car is I've tried? I looked. I looked up the cheapest car rental for a monthly runt, and it was the same as my car.
Speaker 1: Payment.
Speaker 2: Oh god, So it's like, come on, like, there's got to be a more. Do you have any ideas I need help with this?
Speaker 4: Can you get your lease extended for just a couple months?
Speaker 2: The answer to that is no, because they require it to be like either six months or I hear and I'm my mileage is forty eight thousand. That's all I can go to right now. I'm at forty seven thousand, three hundred miles. Anything after that you have to be twenty five cents a mile gross. So I have to turn this car in soon. And so anyway, if you're out there and you want to rent me your car that's been sitting in your garage still works, It doesn't need to be nice.
Speaker 1: She doesn't care if it doesn't even have a back seat, as long as it has a driver's seat and.
Speaker 2: It works and it won't get me stuck in the middle of the night somewhere. Was that like inappropriate to ask?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Guys are both looking at me like I should have not said.
Speaker 3: Anything, DM Laura.
Speaker 2: Why are you guys looking at me so with such a judgment.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: That's a tough situation it is now, I wouldn't I don't. I've never heard of someone lunting. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You've never heard of somebody renting somebody else their extra vehicle.
Speaker 4: I guess not. I don't know that it is. That's just kind of a tough situation.
Speaker 3: I mean, you'd probably have to get the insurance.
Speaker 2: I have good insurance. I have USAA, and I think, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: You have to switch over to a new car.
Speaker 2: Sure, I would do all the proper things without ownership.
Speaker 4: That was a little iffy. I don't know how that works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't either.
Speaker 2: Anyway, throw it out in the universe, thrown it out in the public. There we go. That's my situation.
Speaker 3: And there's a there's a oh you know what what I just thought of something?
Speaker 2: See here we go.
Speaker 1: Look at the wheels are spinning. Now that we're talking about it. Problem solved.
Speaker 2: This better not be a joke.
Speaker 3: It's a joke. It's not. Okay, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get you something you are going to thank me for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Is it a vehicle?
Speaker 1: Yes, I cannot believe I didn't think about this before.
Speaker 2: Is it something that has big signage on it? Yes, I'll drive what is it?
Speaker 3: What is it? I'm going to get you a bus pass that would work.
Speaker 2: No, actually it won't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Public transport around here is pretty good.
Speaker 2: I'm not dissing public transport. I'm just like, my hours are so all over the place. I bust.
Speaker 1: It runs all hours, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I had a roommate who only used public transport, and that man would go from La Mesa to La or not La La Joya whenever he wanted to. He'd spend hours on public transport, but he'd get where he was going to see trolley.
Speaker 1: I could get you a trolley pass too.
Speaker 2: I would prefer a car or a truck, or a smart car or any kind of thing anything that has four wheels and is considered a vehicle. I don't know, maybe like a U haul.
Speaker 3: No god, oh boy.
Speaker 4: Actually I did have someone that rented a home depot truck, not like their full size one, just their cup trucks.
Speaker 3: Because is actually pretty cheap. Really yeah, nineteen ninety five a day or something. I don't know.
Speaker 4: They think they got monthly.
Speaker 2: Ooh okay, I'll look into that. And I'm telling you what I would drive a vehicle that is wrapped in signage that says vagicil on it or herpasil, oh my god, or you know what. I don't care. I will prepentp any company it doesn't rap.
Speaker 1: Well, Hey, she has no standards. Her standards are so low right now.
Speaker 2: That it's not it's just I'm just trying to make it work. I'm trying to make my life work, and uh, I'm getting there.
Speaker 3: The situation is, so can we hear the celebrity?
Speaker 2: It's so sad. It's not that sad.
Speaker 3: Say it's strange.
Speaker 2: You want to see strange? No, look at Eric shoes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Can we we take one off? Just it's just they're odd. They're very odd. Big.
Speaker 3: They're really big.
Speaker 2: I've never seen anything like these.
Speaker 3: They're just very bulk Aardidas.
Speaker 2: They're brand new.
Speaker 3: They're brand new.
Speaker 2: That is the size of a cruise ship.
Speaker 3: It's literally a football. They're so comfy.
Speaker 2: Really, they're very heavy, are they?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: They are very heavy for someone who doesn't run.
Speaker 2: You saw these, what was your first reaction?
Speaker 3: I thought they were really cool, really.
Speaker 2: And why the shape? The just because they're unusual and.
Speaker 1: They're very comfortable.
Speaker 4: You'd never catch me dead in those snow offens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't mean to dishue or anything, but I think those might be awful.
Speaker 3: Easies are worse.
Speaker 1: Easies are terrible.
Speaker 3: That is, they're about that size, but a little bit uglier.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of great shoes, a lot of great shoes.
Speaker 4: Those are not one of them.
Speaker 3: Let's take a pull. How many people like them? How many people don't?
Speaker 2: Do you guys like Eric's shoes?
Speaker 3: Do you like my shoes?
Speaker 4: They're just they're so big and the shape is off, but they're most importantly they're massive.
Speaker 1: They look like football, like I put my football and considering I don't like Oh, I went to the pottery game the other night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah it was, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And I didn't know one thing. I I don't even know how many innings there are in baseball?
Speaker 2: Did you were you up in a fancy Did you have fun? H? Did you say the whole time?
Speaker 3: No? Oh?
Speaker 2: Did you watch one play? One leg? Hit, a bad.
Speaker 3: Piece, hit a home run?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Look at you never thought you'd hear that phrase come out of my mouth?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 2: No? Good for you?
Speaker 3: So far? This is a really good Podre season, So I'm proud of you.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: I know, I really want to go to a game. I'ven't been to one in a while. All Right, cue the music, lots of double d ring it on. Brother.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know how much I like The Housewives of Beverly Hills. Yes, and we all know that Garcel is not coming back. She left in a huff. She just released a statement the other day and I'm going to read it to you. Okay, this is from Garcel, who is no longer on the show. So if you've seen the Reunion Part three, the final reunion show for the season, and is this week. So last week she was like, I want to get out of here. This week, she doesn't even stay for the cast photo. She like bails before they even shoot the cast photo, which is like a signal that they are not coming back because they're not fulfilling their contract right right. So the last show, last week of the reunion, she gets in to it with Sutton and Doriat and Dourite tells Sutton, you live on an effing main road, like who are you to judge people? And then Sutton said to Doreat, my pocketbook is bigger than yours. This was now during that pocketbook is bigger than yours. Thing went viral everywhere, and that was actually the actual during the show. Okay, but the main road thing was during the reunion, So Garcel said this, I didn't come to the reunion to applaud lowbows blows disguised as humor, and to be honest, Sutton's wallet diss I can't defend it because I don't endorse cruelty, even when it comes from a friend. We all have our limits. But when pain is used as a defense mechanism and it turns into a class tinged insult, don't expect me to sit back and nod. I understand why Kyle found it disgusting, so did I Not because Sutton is malicious, but because that comment revealed an uncomfortable truth. Some people in this group still believe money can measure character. And as for the main road jab, I'll just say this, when you start judging a woman by your zip code, maybe it's time to spend less energy decorating your house and a little more time reflecting on what's inside it.
Speaker 2: EWW nicely put. Yeah, so she didn't like Kyle walk off too, but she came back.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 1: That was during the show. Oh, okay, yeah, at a like a spa day, anytime they all get together for a dinner or spoday. Oh and by the way, I want Jennifer Tilly to come back as a main character.
Speaker 3: I love Jennifer the actress. Yes, I love her.
Speaker 1: Okay. Have y'all seen Britney Spears lately. No, So she's mad at people for saying that.
Speaker 3: She doesn't look good. Okay, and true, Brisney spears, but she looks a little off her.
Speaker 2: And Justin Bieber, he does not look good.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't look good. So she's down in Mexico right now. Brittany is okay, and she got there the other day for a little vacation. Here's the strange part. One of her bodyguards, a big, bald, scary looking guy, was carrying a baby doll wrapped in a pink blanket as they got off the plane. So Brittany has a doll collection, which isn't uncommon, I guess, But the fact that she had to take one with her which she travels, and that it has to be carried and cared for like a real child, That's all I'm gonna say about them.
Speaker 2: So she has a little baby doll. She takes with her. Yeah, it's her support, baby doll.
Speaker 3: She's weird.
Speaker 1: Coachella happened, yeah, first weekend, yep. So they is all sorts of stuff going on. Do you want to hear what people were complaining about?
Speaker 3: First?
Speaker 2: Let's do the yeah, the negativity first, then we'll do the positive.
Speaker 1: Okay. So people were comparing it to the Fire Festival because people were waiting in lines from twelve to nineteen hours with no food, no bathrooms.
Speaker 3: It was terrible.
Speaker 1: So lines and lines and lines of cars and people were just waiting, waiting and waiting.
Speaker 2: That's what I remember.
Speaker 3: It's Coachilla. It's always been like that. That's not new. Well, I guess, I guess this year. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would never go to Cochemba after all the years it's been. They should have they should have figured out by now how to make these lines shorter and get water to people.
Speaker 3: How do you make line shorter?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't get more.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't wait in line for an hour to get in somewhere, let alone twelve No thanks, okay, No, I don't care. If Madonna was giving me a personal show, just her and me, I would not wait twelve hours in a line for anything with.
Speaker 3: No bathroom or food. Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: All Right, So they're calling Coachella this year Gagachella because she has apparently given the performance of a lifetime. Oh and I've seen clips of it and it looked incredible.
Speaker 2: So she had like a full on stage show. Oh yeah, dancers, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And like there's some like focus on the family group or some you know, one of those super conservative that we're like, oh, she was worshiping the devil and everything. I'm like, oh my god, no, she's not. There's a the song. I think it's disease. She comes, it's like she's in a graveyard and she's like she had all these costume changes. She gave a two hour performance. That's pretty cool, and the sets were incredible, and she's like with skeletons and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's hardly satanic.
Speaker 2: I was just art.
Speaker 1: I know, everybody calmed down. Benson Boone covered Queen's Bohemian rast Rhapsody with a little help from Brian May himself.
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Weird Al Yankovight Yankovic made his Kachella debut, joining Yo Gabba Gaba for the classic Muppet track The Rainbow Connection.
Speaker 2: Yo, Gabba Gabba. That's like a kids show, right.
Speaker 1: Green Day was there and Green Day opened by the way, Yes, and Meghan the Stallion opened Kachella. Lady Gaga did. They were the first ones. One of my favorite all girl groups of all time, The Go Gos was there and Billy Joe Armstrong made a special appearance during their concert.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I will never go to Coachella. Love Blenda Carlisle.
Speaker 2: I just saw her, uh solo, yeah, performing, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Brian at the Magnolo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was great.
Speaker 2: I will give you five thousand dollars. Will you go to Coachella ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's your limit.
Speaker 3: How long? I mean days I have to go for the whole thing? Was it three days? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm start to finish. Okay.
Speaker 4: It's just like it sounds miserable, Like I don't know why people act like it's so cool. I mean, I think it's because everyone believes it's cool, so they have and then they're like, oh, everyone thinks it's cool, it must be cool. But like, come on, we don't, like, let's all make in the middle of nowhere. There's a couple of stages like ten miles apart from each other.
Speaker 2: Well, for some people it's probably really great because they have the VIP treatment, they get the VIP tent where.
Speaker 3: They think it's the drugs.
Speaker 1: It is just way too dirty out there. Yeah, I wouldn't. I wouldn't crawl around in that heat and all that dirt.
Speaker 2: No thanks, and the drugs.
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess do either one of you care about could Jack Black be the next sexiest man alive?
Speaker 3: Couldn't care less. I love Jack Black?
Speaker 1: But no, okay, okay. Is Jessica Simpson's snake semen remedy just snake oil? A reptile expert says that he doubts that snake semen is helping Jessica Simpson's Jessica Simpson be a better singer.
Speaker 3: Her new CD is good.
Speaker 2: And she she has admitted to drinking snake semen.
Speaker 1: Yes, it just clears her throat. I'm just a great singer when I have some snake sperm.
Speaker 4: To be fair, the snake experts not who you want to ask. It's the medical expert.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. I mean, I'm sure any sperm would do.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe maybe she just needs to Maybe she just needs to find the old trouser snake.
Speaker 2: And well, according to John may Or, she's pretty horny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Okay. The full House House that was in the show Full House and Fuller House just sold for six million dollars.
Speaker 4: It's actually lower than I thought the painted ladies those, I thought those were way more.
Speaker 1: It's located in San Francisco. The hand prints of the entire cast are in the backyard. Like at Roman's Chinese Theater, They're all in the big cement things with their handprints and their signatures. It's thirty seven hundred square feet, four bedrooms, and it's an iconic Victorian home. It's been on the market since June of last year and it just sold for six million. Do you know who Amy Leuwood is from White Lotus, the actress that had the gap in her teeth.
Speaker 2: The one with the book, Yes, the sweet about the SNL.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so SNL did a parody of her hilarious by the way, and she said it was mean and unfunny. She did not like it at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, Also the joke wasn't her was actually at the current political administration. Yeah, and but in the you know, in the white lotus format and they made one joke about her and it was hilarious as someone who hasn't even seen the show, so.
Speaker 3: She did not like it.
Speaker 4: It was mean, But that's sonl It's sketchy comedy. It's always mean.
Speaker 2: Give me one word. Describing your reaction to seeing the finale because you hadn't seen it.
Speaker 1: Shocking, Yeah, yeah, oh my god. Celebrity Big Brother castmate Mickey Rourke. Have you seen what Mickey Rourke looks like lately?
Speaker 3: He looks like he's having a good retirement.
Speaker 2: Damn song like a couple of years ago and he looked kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Look like he's wearing the screen mask that bad like he looks. He used to be very handsome.
Speaker 2: He's the kind of guy that would be would grow old handsome.
Speaker 1: Like no, not now, I'll show you a picture. It's frightening. He was booted from the show for continually using abusive language and behaving inappropriately towards his fellow cast mates.
Speaker 4: It was mostly what's her face? Jojo Sie, I can't stand so.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. I saw some of the clips. It was kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Well he did this, so she was They were in the backyard because I YouTube this, okay, and he says something about her being a lesbian, and he says, have you always been a lesbian or whatever? Meanwhile his eyebrows meet in the back and he's got the big fake lips, you know, like you know, and I'm like, okay, judge, Judy, like you're calling her out for being a lesbian when you know. So he like, I bet I could turn you straight, and she was like, oh no, no, no, no no. Then he says, can I get an f you know another word that they call cigarettes in Britain? Oh okay, yeah, And she got really really upset, and he knew exactly what he was doing because then he goes and apologizes to her later.
Speaker 4: I don't know he is British. They do call him out there. That's like a pretty British, isn't he.
Speaker 3: No, No, he was just being a prick.
Speaker 4: I watched the clip his context, like it did seem like like he seemed like he wasn't paying attentional He literally just was looking for a cigarette, but maybe not.
Speaker 1: No, he knew exactly what he was doing, and then they were doing this pirate stupid thing. I've never watched the show ever they were doing where they were all dressed as pirates and somebody said, oh, there's a you know, a rat in the group. And one of the guys turns and looks at Mickey Rourke and he calls him the C word, and all of a sudden, you hear a voice say Mickey ror come to the library or whatever, and they boot him off.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Yeah, it's a lot. Okay.
Speaker 4: I feel like like he was being a dick, but like it was a little hardcore for them to boot Maybe it wasn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just don't have any sympathy for Jojo see Walks.
Speaker 3: I can't stand her. I don't like she's so yeah he was, I mean though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Katie Perry and Jeff Bezos Bezos girlfriend Laurence Sanchez just launched into space.
Speaker 2: Oh today they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oil boy.
Speaker 2: I was listening to an interview with William Shatner who was trying to make her Gail King, feel better because she was part of this, and he was like, they give you diapers because you can't use the uh because you're up there and there's no place to go, so you are in a diaper. The g's are so incredibly forceful that you're gonna feel like you're gonna die. And she's like, thanks a lot. You're supposed to be making me feel better. But did it go over well or is everybody okay?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I remember, I don't like Katy Perry that much either. She's also kind of irritating, but she came down. She said that being in space really helped her connect her divine feminine energy or something like that.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, cool, I bet you have a completely different perspective on life when you see it from your world from space.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, I don't know. I just don't understand her perspective. Then I think it's fine to be like it was incredible as mind blowing, but then I don't know the whole spiritual side of it. I'm like, come on, you went to space, Like space is cool enough? Like let it be space?
Speaker 2: Would you do it? What go up for the day? I you know why I wouldn't not challenger, No oh no, no, I has nothing to do with that. The thought of any one of my throwing up in their health, I would jump out. That's the only thing.
Speaker 1: Laura would just be floating around in space because somebody threw up.
Speaker 2: I think it would be really cool. I mean, it'd be unbelievable, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it would be so cool. I'd do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I want to know how Katy Perry got in there. I know, yes, she's not really as famous as she there.
Speaker 2: It was kind of an odd group.
Speaker 4: I was like, dude, put someone else cooler in there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean if she and she came down and she spoke and.
Speaker 1: Every I'm a Katy Perry hater.
Speaker 2: You're pretty much everybody here.
Speaker 4: No, just a couple of specific celebrities that we just happen to touch on. I really just irritate me.
Speaker 1: Okay, and the last thing just premiered season four.
Speaker 2: I know what you're gonna packs best show ever?
Speaker 3: God have you not watched it? Brian? Brian, I'm good. No, Brian is like I typically don't like it. Oh my god, trust me. The best show. So.
Speaker 1: Jean Smart is a comedian and she's told.
Speaker 2: By it like sixty seventy Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she's one of the most she's like the Joan Rivers of of this comedy. Yeah, and had her own show, like had specials and everything. She's informed by her management team that she's no longer popular. They're doing away with her. She's had a residency in Vegas forever. So she hires this.
Speaker 3: Really young hip woman to.
Speaker 1: Write her help her write her comedy material, and these two get along like oil and water. They absolutely I don't hate each other already.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it is.
Speaker 2: It is hilarious, the back and forth communication they have and the comebacks and the it is so witty, it is so smart.
Speaker 1: Did you watch both episodes? Yes, So when they're walking down the hall, she goes, aren't you and Mary Magdalen tide for the World's the world's oldest whoor.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Brian, I will pay you to watch one episode tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Brian. You will thank us. How you watched Severn?
Speaker 1: Oh I did not.
Speaker 2: He didn't, you know what? I bet he didn't make it past two episodes.
Speaker 1: I made it to three.
Speaker 4: But then I got busy, busy with what I'm you know, I'm too busy to start hacks.
Speaker 3: That's just no.
Speaker 4: Comedy TV shows are not really even my thing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Brian, I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: I'm watching a lost right now. I've actually you're going to be so disappointed.
Speaker 2: I'm not really a fan of comedy stuff, but this.
Speaker 4: Is I'll consider it.
Speaker 1: It is fantastic and they are both And I guess there's so many celebrity HBO actually sent out a thing to the press thing you are not allowed to discuss who's on, but Jean Smart, let it slip that Carol Burnett's going to be Oh that's cute. Yeah, And Jimmy Kimmel. She was on Jimmy Kimmel's show and they showed a clip of him on the show. Oh my gosh, it's Carol Burnette already, I'm totally in.
Speaker 2: And the other two. You gotta watch that one too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the other two is really funny.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Is that it done?
Speaker 2: You know what we gotta go by. I gotta tell you what we're doing on Thursday. Guys. I did something with my two roommates on Saturday night. We're all three single. It has something to do with that an event. I'll tell you what it is. And we have the woman on the phone that's going to tell us more about being single in San Diego, oh boy, and the new things out there to meet people. And I'll tell you how it went, Oh boy, and how I had to lie to get in?
Speaker 1: Does? Does?
Speaker 3: Is mommy's kitty cat going to get some actions?
Speaker 2: Oh no, there was not even I don't even think there was any eye contact.
Speaker 3: You just lie about your age.
Speaker 4: Yes, you had to be younger than forty five.
Speaker 2: Yes, like that was a cut off.
Speaker 4: That was a forty five. Yeah, so you cut off ten years. Yes, you're loing.
Speaker 2: Well, I asked my roommate. I said, please be honest with me. Can I pass?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I believe I believe I could pass her forty five. It's a it's a eric.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: What could she pass for younger than forty five?
Speaker 2: Not younger forty five?
Speaker 4: Okay, forty five exactly.
Speaker 3: I would need about a ring lights to pass for forty five. No, stop it, you could.
Speaker 4: I don't mean that the meanway. I just don't like if you were like, I'm forty five, I'd be like, okay.
Speaker 2: Well you know Antonio, my roommate, right, yeah, he did the same thing. Do you think he could pass for forty five?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Actually I would just assume he grayed really early.
Speaker 2: Him over me.
Speaker 3: He has a young vibe.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'll tell you all about that, and then I'll tell you where you can go. And I have so many stats. It's gonna be fun. We're gonna talk to her on the phone, and that's on Thursday. In the meantime, let's hopefully the ground stays soler solid and it doesn't shake anymore. That would be great. I'm glad that you guys are okay, especially you Brian. You were closer and I love you all. Thank you for watching. Telling you guys we appreciate it, and love her podcast, love your podcast. I love you, my sweet babies.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, Babba.