Speaker 1: How about now how about now?
Speaker 2: Ah, all right, that's the dumbest thing ever. All right, So here's what happened.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So the first seven minutes are basically nothing, so tell you what we're gonna do. We're gonna go ahead and restart, so because I can do that, and because we have fancy effects, and then I'll explain what happened when we come back on the other side.
Speaker 1: So here's Nick's fancy bumper. Okay.
Speaker 2: So now that we've got that figured out, all right, so let's start the show. Since it is Friday, come on, man, go for it.
Speaker 3: Dude gets Friday day.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: All right, Hi, Now that we have audio I was trying to figure out. Okay, so if it's not the headset, then I went back into the settings here into our platform that we used to broadcast out and after the match last night where we had.
Speaker 1: The twos and the twos will be opening kickoff.
Speaker 2: He here coming up in just a little bit, brought to us by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com. To broadcast outbound on our Mixler platform, you have to change your input to say that, yeah, we're going out on Mixler through the audio and not through this particular setup. Mixler kind of takes over the audio setup, and so it took over the audio setup last night when we did the twos and we did Crown Legacy, and so that was still there this morning, even though I wasn't on the Mixler board, so I figured it out. Holy ish, oh my god. So that was basically what was going on. Mixler kind of overtakes everything and it didn't reset after the game last night.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Hi christ all right, so good morning, it's Friday, and so here's the rundown. After seven minutes of silence where I'm troubleshooting. That just made for fantastic radio. I'm sure, here's the rundown. In fifteen minutes, we'll see if our friends from Beyond Goals Entering can join us for the Friday free kick. Then after that we our number two is we can whip around pet and pending trademark coming center hopefully rather than later. We'll go through all of the news, We'll go through your setup. We've got it Land United and Red Bulls, We've got all the stuff in the other leagues overseas, Manchester United and I mean sorry, Manchester City and Arsenal are going this weekend. Vincent Company has proposed a cap on the number of matches that anybody should play in any given season, because remember, we have players over in Europe that are taking the European competitions to court because there's just too many damn games, and so we'll see what happens there. But apparently you can still play in the English leagues even if you're taking the European competitions to court. So we'll get into that coming up in just a little bit. All right, Uh, Opening Kickoff once again, no delly, no dally, and thanks for sitting around all of the crud that I was trying to sort through this morning and in troubleshooting. So but we should mark this day that I actually did troubleshoot effectively and figure out what the heck was going on?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Opening Kickoff brought those buyer friends at Kickoff Coffee and kickoff coffeeco dot com. That's your QR code for those of you who are hanging out with us. However you are doing so, large device are small either on the Twitch, on the two hundred and eighty character app or on the youtubees that is where you are. You can hit that QR code and start your day with Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. When you check out, don't for you get to use the code soccer down here fifteen and get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested youth games, youth initiatives. Things that they earmark is cool, kickoff Coffee and kickoff Coffeeco dot com. All right, last night it was the Twos and Crown Legacy. You got to see that match on mlsnexspro dot com and you got to listen to it here on the SDH network. I had the call for it last night, and the task was simple. I mean, the task was laid out for the twos. It's not simple by any stretch of the imagination, but the task was laid out. You had to win every match going in nine points out three matches to go. You had to win them all in regulation and get to your tie breakers in MLS next Pro and hope that you could work your way through because you would have been tied with Crown Legacy in the number of wins, so you had to win out everybody else had to stumble. You couldn't have anybody go any higher than forty points, and you could have been the eighth seed. But after what happened last night, golis after ninety minutes and it goes to the penalty kick shootout, so both teams end up with a point. Crown Legacy gets the extra point. Alan Carlton's penalty kick save is missed in the middle and the regular or season will be it for the twes here in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: So public service announcement.
Speaker 2: Home finale is Tuesday at the Fraction seven thirty. We'll have that one on the network for you. Pregame at seven o'clock and kick off a little after seven thirty. If you can't make it to the fraction, but I would ask and I will continue to ask between now and Tuesday, that if you got nothing going on, and even if you might and you can finish it early, or even if you finish it maybe a little after seven thirty, go to the fraction, go watch it Land United two in the last home match of the year, and you can continue to see the future building for it Land United too and for it Lant United as an organization. MESSI and friends too are coming to town and they are above atlant They are above at Land United two and the standings. So the twos can act the spoiler with the baby Heron's coming to town on Tuesday night of at the Fraction. So that's your task. If you're in that part of town, go watch and show your support for the twos for the last home match of the year. The last match of the season is the day after Philadelphia's home game against Atlanta United on the twenty eighth, twenty ninth, three o'clock in the afternoon in Chester Atlanta United two and Philadelphia Union two and that will be it for the regular season for Atlanta United two in twenty twenty four. A lot of things to talk about as we go, but last night, as we get through the stats that as we go through the stats that are available, the biggest stat that sticks out jad and Hibbert again literally stands on his head and it is just insane to see what Jadon Hibbert has been doing recently with Atlanta United Too. It's the only match last night in MLS next Pro the Crown Legacy won at five to three in penalties. Stats On the day, Jade and Hibbert had had twelve saves. Twelve saves for Jadan Hibbert. He had four in the first four minutes the first quarter of the match. Crown Legacy was in charge, but Jadan Hibbert was there answering every challenge and it was just insane. Jadon Hibbert once again continues to show the faith that was invested in him when it Landi United had their number one draft pick was the first round draft pick on Jaden Hibbert nineteenth overall in the last draft, and you're seeing has how he has continued to grow, how he's continued to evolve, and nothing's getting past him unless it's a penalty kick, situation, full extension, great Perry's great angles. They're all there. Last night, Jadan Hibbert had twelve saves and kept it Landy United in it in regulation. So it was another double digit saved night for Jadon Hibbert. You kind of run out of superlatives points for a guy like Jadan Hibbert, and it is crazy what we're seeing from jad and Hibbert and the level of investment that has been seeing a lot of credit. Steve Cook will be the first person to sit there and say a lot of credit goes to Lewis Sharp the keeper coach for the Tues and to be able to see Jadan Hibbert grow this season. And there were two things that I think you can earmark as elements of the continued growth of Jadan Hibbert. One the call it for international duty. Yes, I know that he wasn't getting any he wasn't getting any game reps because some guy named Andre Blake is ahead of him in the pecking order for the Jamaican national team, the senior national team. But it all seemed to turn and we'll catch up with our buddy Kaylor Hodges on Tuesday. Tuesday, Tuesday becomes the new time slot for our friends from the USL Show. And I think Kaylor is said that he can hide effectively in his school on a Tuesday morning and be on the show with us. But the loan spell that Jadon Hibbert had to Birmingham Legion, Birmingham had like zero goalies, and like I said, this is where we can talk to to Kaylor to refresh this story. On Tuesday, so Van Okel injured, Spangenberg injured and their third keeper was injured as well. Or they it's like there was something in there Spangenberg couldn't do anything Van Okeel was injured and their third keeper. I think there were issues there, but we'll have Kaylor go through the story. But Jaden Hibbert was called for a loan spell over to Birmingham. Legion goes over there, starts like four matches in a row, comes back and he seems like his aura is different. He's an entirely different dude, and he's taken that entirely different dudeness that he found when he was with Legion applies it with Ittland United too, and you're seeing the benefits of the results. So if for some reason, Jadan Hibbert is not first team and chasing after a first team spot next season, he better damn will Bee at goalie Wars at the very least one of the most highly touted keepers. I will say an MLS next Pro coming up at the end of this season and through heading into twenty twenty five. If he is not in a first team position next season within Atlanta United, which he should be, he should be in the discussion and it will be intriguing to see how Jaden Hibbert continues to grow. But jad and Hibbert last night twelve saves on. Let me get the numbers right, twelve saves on thirty shots. The numbers were adjusted after we went off the air last night, So thirty shots by Crown Legacy, thirteen on target, twelve saves for Jadan Hibbert, ten blocks for Crown Legacy last night, three for Atlanta United two. Four shots on target for the twos, but so four shots on target for the twos, ten blocks for Crown Legacy. To give you an idea as to how things were inside the eighteen for both of these teams. So for Crown Legacy thirty shots, thirteen shots on goal, ten blocks for Crown Legacy. Atlanta United Two had fifteen shots, four shots on target, three blocks. So Jadan and Hibbert came up big again last night. It seems like a sentence that we just can you pull out of the cupboard, sit there and plaster it and go. Jayde Hibbert came up big. We were able to see that again last night. Twelve saves for Jad and Hibbert, four for Chaturo Adunze and Crown Legacy gets the extra point in and they get the extra point in the shootout by winning it five to three. So that sets up the standings in the Eastern Conference, and I'll go through the standings here in the East and get everybody laid out here as to where things are, and we can continue to follow and you can also catch up on SDH and MLS Next Pro which will come out later this afternoon. SC Cincinnati two is in at forty eight points, Philadelphia Union two is at forty six.
Speaker 1: They each have three matches to go, two matches.
Speaker 2: For OCB, they're at forty three points, and like I said, here's the chaos that's going on, and we'd always talked about chaos in the Eastern Conference in MLS. Same for MLS Next Pro, except it's above the playoff part. OCB's at forty three points. Baby Herons are at forty two. Nycfc's at forty two with two less wins. Crew two is a ten wins and forty two points, and then Crown Legacy is at forty two points and ten wins two matches to go, So you have per game average of points. First off, Baby Herons have twelve wins, so that puts them at the top.
Speaker 1: Through the tiebreakers.
Speaker 2: Per match average of points equal for NYCFC Columbus because they each have three matches to go and they each have ten wins. NYC has a better goal difference at plus and they have five plus five in goal difference, and they've also scored two more goals, So n y CFC Columbus Crew two. Crown Legacy with two matches to go, has a worse per match points average to start with ten wins, and they also have less goals scored, and they also have a worse goal difference than the other two teams. So Crown Legacies in seventh with the win, with the shootout win, they're at forty two points fire or at forty one, and they are eighth. Had it Land United one out, they would have been at forty and that's what the target number. They could not have anybody north of forty points. But with the two points last night, Crown Legacy gets forty two. Chicago's at forty one. They hop scotch the forty point line. And that's why Atlanta United two's playoff hopes ended last night. Below the playoff bar, Chattan Nugafc's at thirty eight and Carolina Core is at thirty seven. So basically what you have from three to ten is team separated by two wins with three matches to go or two matches to go if you're OCB and Crown Legacy Toronto SC twos at thirty four points, Red Bulls two are at thirty three, at Landy United two is at thirty two points and Huntsville Cities at twenty six. New England Revolution two are at twenty one. So that's the Eastern Conference. But you will get everything in MLS Next Pro on SDH and MLS Next Pro that'll be out later this afternoon. You'll get the highlights of the chaos that happened with it Land United two and Huntsville City and other action around the league and will get you squared away for the weekend in MLS Next Pro. But the superlatives continue for Jaden Hibbert in this situation, and you can literally when Jarrett can come back on and we can discuss the twos more in depth. I mean literally, you can sit here and look at the growth of the academy players. You can see how players like Hobby Armis and Nocello or the and Creamtemini were the experienced anchors. Nick Fermino continuing to try to chase after a first team spot, but you got to see Aiden Torres, Aiden Torres away on international duty this go round. But to see Caden Moore, Aiden Torres, Matt Edwards, Jacob Williams, to see guys like Ethan Dudley and Ramsey Cowasmi come in because of injury and continue to contribute, Hobby Armist, Noble Achillo, Alan Carlton really came into his own this season. And Alan Carlton, Alan Carlton frustrated a lot of folks last night in the Other Jersey. And to see Alan Carlton continue to have a game evolve where he is putting folks in the spin cycle and frustrating defenders and those kinds of things. It's a fun watch to see Alan Carlton do things. To see Mattisca Jardo getting regular minutes, to see you know, what we saw last night out of a lot of folks and what we've seen all season long, frankly, with a lot of folks. Know, it's been it's been a fun. It's been a fun run to see the evolution of these players with Landy United two and you know, to have guys come in and contribute when they can, you know, you end up with like a a uh, you know, I'm Matthew de Janey, who could come in and give you a couple of games. You see a I mean the starting lineup last night, just to give you an idea, Jad and Hibbert, Dominic Chong Qui. Also in the last half of the season, d c Q coming into his own that left back for Lanty knighted too showing no fear. Uh So it was d c Q, Caden More, Ethan Dudley, Ramsey, cowasmy Eric Sentino really coming into his own defensively U disappointing that obviously he had an injury that kept him out of the last couple of matches, and you know, seeing how his game has continued to go. Noble Keller, Nick Fermino, Hove, Armas Gajarda to Mimi and Carlton last night the bench, Ashton Gordon, see Ashton Gordon continue to grow, Cooper Sanchez getting to grow. Uh you know, Stephen Hurlock putting in quality minutes when asked to and showing a lot of veteran savviot points when when he needs to in game state and then finding somebody like a Rodrigo Naery who came in and Narry jumping in into the middle of the fray getting the the points and the goals that he did at Huntsville and then trying to integrate and grow. Obviously there's a future there for Rodrigo Nery as well, So we'll keep an eye on all of that. But a lot of folks we got to see them continue to grow and head toward those next stages. But you look at a guy like literally, you look at a guy like Jad and Hibbert, and obviously it's it's a piece that you can sit there and gravitate toward for obvious reasons, but just unbelievable work that we saw once again from Jade and Hibbert. And I think, and like I said, and I think, I legitimately think that the that that loan spell in Birmingham flipped a switch. And I know that we use that term, you know, we use that term a lot when it's a I know it's a cloche alert and it's probably a dollar in the jar. But to see a guy like Jayden Hibbert hit those buttons and just hit that, you know, hit that next stage. And so where do you grow from here? Not where do you go from here? But where do you grow from here? For a lot of the guys that I just mentioned in a rapid fire form. You've got two matches here in the regular season. What do you do in those two matches? That, to me is another question. So and Steve Cook brought it up in the pregame show last night. You know, you've got these matches left in your season. But once again, you have veterans who might be playing for the veterans are playing for next season, whether it's in Atlanta, whether it's someplace else. You have the younger players who are trying to impress inside the Children's South Care of Atlanta training ground. So what are they going to be up to next year? Where are they going to be they can to continue their path inside this building or are they going to be looked at by other folks? So you have two matches to continue to make impressions here in the regular season. Once again, Tuesday night at the Fraction seven point thirty three kick, We'll have pregame show at seven o'clock here on the Network with Maddie and Jason as they carry you through the last home match of the year. If you can go, please go. I don't know how many times I'll be able to say that this morning, but I will say it today. I will say it on Monday. I will say it on Tuesday. If you can go, please go and check out the twos and show your support for the twos and what they are continuing and continuing to grow as we go here in a twenty twenty four it is after nine thirty on a Friday morning, and when they are not traveling the planet, when they are anchored in one location, when we can pin them down, when we can grab the comet by the proverbial tail, when we can hold out our hands with open fingers and find the rain drops and grab them and have them collect into our palms, and able to track down our friends from beyond goals entering. It's very very cool that we get to do that. And so that means that I get to roll a fancy open and bring in Great Garza here on a Friday. How are you, my friend?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 2: You're indoors this time?
Speaker 4: Where are I'm indoors? I was outdoors and it was it was too hot.
Speaker 2: So so was the sun directly shining upon the great cards?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, And so discretion being the better part of valor, you decided to come in and hang out with us this morning.
Speaker 4: And we get a little bit of air conditioning for sure.
Speaker 2: As always, we we appreciate that kind of stuff when you can take time out of your hyper busy schedule to come and hang out with us, whether it's doing stuff with Major League Soccer and and making sure that everyone's on the same page off the field when it comes to their teammates and everything.
Speaker 1: I want to do a couple of.
Speaker 2: Things because I kept your I kept your notes from last time, and I want I want to get into this, but I want to kind of I want to hold my breath for a second on that. Uh, since you spent some time with the national team, I want to go there. I want to talk about emin Atlanta United. So uh new coach, the national team and Mercia Pochettino.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It appears that two hedge fund dudes helped out to make sure that they could pay what Pochettino was looking for. What do you think about Pochettino now being a part of things with the US Soccer.
Speaker 4: I like it. It's another I mean it's the biggest hire since Quinsman, right, so.
Speaker 1: A lot of look at it be bigger than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, I mean, uh, you know you're looking at a coach who has maybe not had as much success, but somebody who is who is you know, very what's what's the right word for it, somebody who has I guess you could say a lot of potential on the rise, somebody who has a say, somebody who I feel like is really gonna put their foot down on a lot of different things. And so I think that in changing the mindset, and what all these players keep saying is we need somebody to come in and change the mindset. Need somebody to come in and change the mindset, need somebody to come in and change the mindset. This is what better person could you get in Argentinian? Right? All the success I had with in my careers was always with Argentinian coaches. And they don't play no games. So we'll see, we'll see. Uh, we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: They don't play no games. That's the direct quote.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, they're gonna they're gonna let you know what they think. They're gonna let you know what their expectations are. They're going to sit there and it's like, all right, you went. You might have been with me or someone you know who is of Argentinian descent. Uh, In a in a team situation. This is a national team situation. Capital in Capital t We ain't messing around here. That's the vibe that I'm getting from you.
Speaker 4: The yeah, don't argue with an Argentina. I'll just say that my coach, one of my my coach in t one I always put it. He said, Look in Argentina we had Diego, Mariandona uh huh lio MESSI thank god, that's those those are the three Argentinians that you need to uh they need to pay attention to it.
Speaker 2: And not in that order I imagine though, right.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, not that wonder Yeah, yeah, probably in the order that I just gave it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, I mean that's that.
Speaker 1: That is not a surprise.
Speaker 2: And the reason that I asked you first about men's national team goes to our notes from last time and and like I said, I wrote it down from two weeks ago go. And it has to do with a couple of things that you said, quote quoting Greg and the US we are too nice. We are too nice nationally as as Americans and possibly representing ourselves out on the field as a US national team or a US representative. So having an Argentinian as a coach, I would posit the idea that it might twist that being too nice to not necessarily needing to be too nice at least I would think that that would be the path that we're going down here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he'll for sure change the mindset of a lot of these guys. You know, it's you have the good old saying in Spanish you got to play with the with the knife between the teeth. That's what they say. That's definitely a saying that they kind of live by, and I'm sure that's something that he will implement.
Speaker 2: Can you can you translate that effectively without getting us into trouble?
Speaker 4: Yeah, knife knife between the tea. Yeah, yeah, I just I'm not gonna translate it. Uh. I Remember I just had a couple of coaches whenever I played in Mexico that you would just look over at the bench and they would just be like this, and you just kind of shake your head and be like, Okay, I know what to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how to be I gotta dial it up all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that then that got into note number two and three from last time that you were here. Actually, since I'm left handed, I guess I should do that. The world of the ethical dilemma and being malicious without malice.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You like, hey, you you wrote it that, you said you talked about it, and it was towards the end of a segment, and I'm like, oh, I better write this down for next time. So yeah, uh, the idea of being malicious without malice and the idea of the ethical dilemma when it comes to the the ethical dilemma and having these kinds of discussions with your mentees, I guess at the surface level to start things off, do they understand the idea of having an ethical dilemma and trying to get pasted it out on the field.
Speaker 4: I'll give a great example. This This is this is using my own son, right, great example there was I remember there was a play probably about two years ago maybe two years ago, and he shot the ball went out for they were we were winning one zero, his team was winning one zero, and it is I think like the final final couple of minutes of the game, okay, right, And he shot the ball hit the posts and went out of balance, and he could have gone and got it, and I think he was about to go and get it, and he was about to give it to the goalie and I screamed, I said, leave it. Go back to your position and leave it. Let the goalie get it. Right, it's the last couple of minutes of the game. Let the goalie get it. It's their ball, don't get it. And I remember I had a parent from the other team scream, way to teach your kids' sportsmanship, And that, to me is just that's the maliciousness without malice. Because if you go to anywhere else in the world and watch soccer, these kids at five, six, seven, eight years old, if that ball goes out of balance and they're winning one zero, they're gonna fake stretch like they're doing a quad stretch, and they're going to let that ball roll right by. And that to me is just like, that is the thing that I think we need to teach Americans that you'll do anything to win.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: That's not that that to me is not evil, right, that's not evil. That has nothing to do with sportsmanship. In my opinion. That is finding the littlest smallest of details to try and win a game. And that's that's something that I think if we play, if you watch Cope America. Right, yeah, you watch Cope America that those guys are doing anything and everything they can to win. Now, are they cheating?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Was that moment right there a teaching lesson to tell my son, Hey, that's cheating. No, because it's not cheating. It's their ball. Right, you don't have to be the kid that's going to take the ball. You're not losing. You don't have to get the ball and take it back and put it on the on the on the six yard box right to to you know, now, make play go by quicker.
Speaker 5: You're winning.
Speaker 4: Let the time go by slower or earlier. Let your you just take your time. It's like when a corner kid goes us as US as parents or US as coaches sometimes or as kids. You're winning the ball and the ball goes out for a corner kick and a kid, an American kid, every American kid that I watch, they will sprint over to get the ball and they'll put it on the corner and you're winning one zero and you have three minutes left. Well, I remember the second I moved to Brazil and that happened, I probably would have gotten taken out been the next sub because the coach would have said, Hey, the next time the ball goes out for a cornerkick and you're winning one to zero, I want you to walk as slow as you can, right. And that that is that to me is not malicious. That is that to me is right maliciousness without without malice, right. And I think those little nuances that I think that I think other cultures can teach us to understand. And I think that's that's probably a huge asset of Whattino will probably give these guys, right, even from even from a profession no level. I think it trickles. It trickles down right, and I think that, you know, I think that's a huge piece of it to to really you know, in my personal opinion, it is doing it. I heard I heard the saying the other day and it says, there is a winning mentality that most kids and most people have a winning mentality. And then beyond the winning mentality is the domination mentality. Okay, and it was talking about professional athletes having a domination mentality. You don't want to just win, you want to absolutely dominate. And that that is that is even if you're playing against right or you're competing with your teammates. Right, if I'm competing with my teammates or my old teammates and we're doing whatever the silliest of soccer tennis games, right, you're playing soccertonnists. I want to dominate my friend in soccer tennists, right. And I think that's just the that's the mentality that I think we need to bring within the national team to to just find a way to do anything, anything possible within their hands, without cheating, without being evil, but by winning. And I think that's that's a huge that's a huge step that I think, I personally think, but your Tina will bring will bring to the.
Speaker 2: Team because I would posit that there is a difference between sportsmanship and gamesmanship and be and and being at the front of soccer etiquette and you know, being prim and proper and you know, like, yes, you know we have to we have to do things this way because they've done it this way for five centuries and you know we have. Yeah, but there's there's there's a difference between sportsmanship, gamesmanship and being and being a dominant individual out there. And I think that you can you can integrate two or three of those at the same two of three of those at the same time. You can be dominant and you can have gamesmanship. You can be dominant and have sportsmanship. You can be uh, you can have gamesmanship and still have sportsmanship. So I think you can take two of those three at any given time and still be as highly successful as you feel like you need to be.
Speaker 4: And I think there are moments, even when I watch you soccer that I just give another example of even that of watching kids. There that you might be winning two to one and there's a counter attack for the other team, and in your mind you have these parents or you have your coach telling you don't foul. Right, Well, mine is it's okay to foul. There's a kind of professional foul. Pull jersey. Pull a jersey from behind right, stop the counter attack, and and you know, if you need to receive a yellow, you receive a yellow. It's okay, it's a warning. A yellow card is a warning, right, just don't do it again. Right, But you've taken a foul for you've taken something for the team, and that's that that's you're not being evil in that moment. You're not coming from behind and absolutely swiping some kid from his feet and just kicking him as hard as you can. Know, you're creating a professional foul to try and give an advantage for your team to hopefully That's why I say you're doing anything and everything you can to win, and that that that is something that I think if I were to go to Spain or Brazil or any other place in the in the sorry, in the world, in the United States pretty much pretty pretty much, but uh, you don't. You don't. You see it quite often there, right, You see these kids already having because I think they watch so much they watched there there there. It's so it's so they're so used to seeing those things within the within the game that they watch, and we don't. We don't have that, right, we don't. We don't have that within us. For them. It's it's you know, it embodies their culture of doing anything and everything to win, even from a very young age.
Speaker 2: You're reading my notes because the word I was going to use was cultural, and it seems like it is a cultural thing in the you know, in the United States that regardless of what we're talking about here, we have to be the ones that play by the rule book. We have to be the ones that stand the straightest and sit there and point at the rule book and go, well, these are the rules of engagement that you know, and these are the rules that are written therefore, these are the rules that are that they are. And like I said, I think we could be talking sports, we could be talking yeah, you know, business or whatever, but these are the rules, and these are the rules that we have to abide by, as you know, the guy in the white hat. But culturally, I think that and it's easy to see from what you mentioned with all of the all of the countries, that all of that have the all the different leagues that are out there now that we can watch that we have access to, that it's not one of those situations where you have to wear the white hat all the time. There's nothing wrong with the good guy who's got that little streak of wearing the dark stripe every once in a while. There's nothing wrong with that if you are chasing after an achievement and other other folks are doing it. But you've got to, you know, we have to be too nice. We've got to be the white hat all the time. It seems like it's a cultural thing.
Speaker 4: I spoke to him and Tea yesterday a girl and I told her, look, this weekend, I want you to play a chip on your shoulder with chip with with a chip on your shoulder, but also be compassionate. Right, you can be both. You can still play with a chip on your shoulder and you can know that you are right the bomb, but you can still be compassionate and you can still be compassionate towards your teammates and be a great leader. But you know, give me the ball, I'll resolve it. Right, give me the ball, I'll take care of this. And I think that's that's that's the mentality that I think a lot I want a lot of these kids to to take to they can take on that responsibility and sometimes put that pressure on their shoulders because it holds them accountable to a certain extent, but it helps them mature and it helps them grow in a certain way. And so I like, I like putting that pressure on kids sometimes because I feel like in their minds and we always talk about this sometimes with kids, and just I use the younger generations because I think from a soccer perspective, we are still so far away from this is my personal opinion, from winning a World Cup. We're so far away, but because I think those are little, those are still like the little nuances and the little things that I think we need to it needs to start from a very young age to start to start teaching these things. That that is. And I guess you know, the word, the word will always come back to hunger, right, And I think that's that that that to me is I think something that you see in other cultures. You see in other places there is a hunger, There is a hunger from the very good go and I just don't see that with soccer yet. I see it with other sports within the States, but not with soccer yet. And I think once we develop that hunger, I think that that things will change.
Speaker 2: Well, I would then I would sit there and say that probably because those sports were here first, and they've been here longer that you have that those mentalities attached to those sports, And the longer that soccer is here, the more it becomes ingrained, the more that it becomes a part of the fabric of what we see on a daily basis, then that idea will continue to rise and be a part of things in soccer. I would I would venture to guess that that would be the case.
Speaker 4: I would assume. So I think that's you know, if you speak to kids who travel the world or go play soccer at other places, although they might not be playing at a higher level than the other places, but when every time they come back, I'll always ask them, you know, all these kids that go to you know, Europe or South America during the summer, and I'll always ask them, what's what's the biggest difference? We loved it. It was so great. Man. Those kids they want it more than anything. And my question is, well, why don't Why don't you want it more than anything? You have to want any more? You can do this. You can have the same mentality just in a different environment, in a different location, and it's okay to have that mentality. And so, you know, I think that's that's a that's a massive lesson for all of us. And just going back to our national team head coach, I think that is that is the mindset that he will try. I don't know if he will be successful, but that he will try and strive to implement within within the team that we.
Speaker 5: Have right now.
Speaker 2: How hard is it to pull the want two gene out of a ment.
Speaker 4: The want two gene of just like wanting it more than anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Basically it's a it's a there's a Southern expression.
Speaker 1: It's about the want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's uh, you know, it's like, well, you know, you see someone who is allegedly not performing to what adults have as a standard for a you know, for a teenager, that the want to isn't there, you know, So how did it to pull the want two out of a mentee?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: I always always try and like pick their brains a bit and and and get them to understand. You know, obviously the game is very mental, right it is. I always tell kids, I think it's one hundred percent mental. But it can only be one hundred percent mental if you if you also have heart, right, and if your heart's not in it and that grit and like you said, that one that desire, that will, that love, that passion, then the brain is most likely not going to be in it. So before before your mental game can play a massive piece, there has to be heart. And so I think that's a that's a huge component. That's a huge that's a huge way that I try and explain to kids the best way possible for them to understand that but I I can't. I can't teach that. Yeah, right, I can teach them things to use as self talk. I can teach them things to and in ways to be a great leader. I can teach them ways and and and understanding that life is not fair. I can't heart. That's something I can't teach. That's something I can talk about. But like I always tell them, and we've talked before about the bamboo tree, right, I can only plant to see you know the rest. The rest is up to them to water each and every day. That's that's that grit, that's that heart that you have behind it.
Speaker 2: When you see as a mentor, the the bamboo tree grow. When you get to see as a mentor, you get to see that want to come out, You get to see the heart.
Speaker 1: You get to see the.
Speaker 2: Gota come out from a mentee that you've been trying to sit there and and you know, just have a conversation where it's like, hey, you know if it's there, I know it's there. When you get to see all of that come out of a mentee, what does that mean to you?
Speaker 1: And Parky?
Speaker 2: When you get to see something like that happen.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's great because you in my in my personal opinion, it is knowing that, right, ninety nine percent of that kid's future is not going to be in professional soccer and so nine nine point nine, right. But it's it's it's it's coming to an understanding that whatever that kid does, he or she will have that mentality to tackle their tasks ahead of them, right, to want to accomplish those tasks that they haven't ahead of them. And that's that's the biggest message. That's the biggest message in wanting them to understand that if they have college ahead, if they have entrepreneurship ahead, if they have a managing position ahead, if they have an industrial worker ahead, it doesn't matter whatever they become, that they will have tasks ahead of them each and every day. And I know in that moment, whatever this kid does, he or she is going to going to be able to accomplish those those tasks, those given tasks. And that's that's the most gratified anything for us, I think, and seeing that and noticing that, and also just helping them understand, uh, you know, the challenges that will come along with it, and I think that's that's an interesting piece of it.
Speaker 2: As well hanging out with twitterless Greg Gars here on the Friday Free Kick here on the SDH network on the morning show before you came on, I was talking about it. Landy United too, and last night they lose in a penalty kick shootout. The way the score, the way the points are allotted in MLSX Pro is three points for a win, one point for a draw, and if you win in penalties after the fact, you get an extra point.
Speaker 4: Okay, every every game, Every game goes into penalties.
Speaker 2: Every game, if no, if it's drawn, If it's drawn after ninety minutes, then.
Speaker 1: It goes into pks.
Speaker 2: If it's if it's decided in ninety minutes, it's three points to the winner. If it's a draw after ninety mon if each team gets a point, but then you go to penalties and the winner in penalties gets an extra point for winch they call it a shootout.
Speaker 1: Wink.
Speaker 2: Atlanta United too three matches to go in the regular season. Last night, they go to Charlotte to take on Charlotte FC's MLS Next Pro team. They don't win in regulation and they end up losing in penalties, and so they needed to win their last three and get some tiebreakers to get into the postseason. So regular season is it for Atlanta United too? But what I wanted to discuss with you before we go is Okay, So there are still two matches left in their regular season, and there are still things that those players, whomever Steve Cook chooses to be a part of the game day eighteens and then the elevens on Tuesday, and then on the twenty ninth. The season isn't over, even though in wins and losses and a postseason it's over when you still have things to show with only a handful of games left, when there is no postseason for you to right. So then how difficult is that to keep keep the light switch on so you can continue to show Hey, I'm improving, Hey I deserve to hang around here, or I'm you know, I'm basically I'm playing for my job in these last two man, And that's that's the big thing here. How do you impress upon mentees and other individuals and peers around you, Hey, just because something a task down the line is not attainable, doesn't mean that you should just stop doing what you're doing.
Speaker 4: The message I would give every single one of those kids is that your season is over, right, But don't let your career be over, because maybe these last two games are the determining factor of your soccer career, because that's how quickly it can change, That's how quickly it can go, and the snap of a finger in two games. Your career can be over in two games. So that that would be the message that that would give. It's it's totally up to them. Yeah, is there's season over. Yeah, but you know it's it's up to you personally if you want your career to be over. And so if you're switched on and you can continue to show within two games and kind of be those your trial moments, how are you going to prepare yourself for those trials? How are you going to try and perform within those trials to continue to have a livelihood to have a job. I think that's that's extremely important. Now. I know a lot of those kids I believe are with two's and I think there a lot of them might already be committed to colleges, right.
Speaker 2: So there a handful a handful of kids.
Speaker 4: So I mean for them, for those kids, I think it's more so just getting minutes under their belt and maybe that experience to prepare them for what's next. But if there are a few players on that team that that you know have have the opportunity to continue to whether it be play for lay and I had two, or go somewhere else within MLS, next pro then or even USL or another MLS team, then these these are your These are your footage moments and clip moments to start compiling, and you have two games to do it. So you're creating the opportunity for yourself.
Speaker 2: All right as you fight the lawnmowers and the handyman that are doing all the work outside with the leaf blowers today, and it sounds like you're fighting grass allergies.
Speaker 1: Uh that with everything.
Speaker 4: I've been buying with allergies since since the fall man, it's killing me. I feel like I'm talking out of my nose.
Speaker 1: Well it is.
Speaker 2: It is a very nice base nasally, Greg guards are hanging out with us this morning. I know that you're probably gonna want to go hang upside down for about four hours after you're done talking about what's going on with you in parking and beyond goals. I know that the high school's kind of getting ready colleges or right, that are off and running.
Speaker 1: What's going on old still.
Speaker 4: Plugging away and creating new ideas to continue to grow the game. And like I always said, give back to the game that gave so much to us.
Speaker 2: Loving it at b G, mentoring beyond goals, mentoring on the World Wide Web and on the interwebs and all that kind of stuff. Go hang upside down, fight those allergies. We'll catch up with you soon, my friend. I'm glad I saved our notes about sportsmanship, gamesmanship and all that kind of stuff. We'll catch up with you soon, my friend. Take care all right, that's Greg Garza and his nose, and so it's great to catch up with Greg and Cap and find out what's going on, because I mean, Greg, wow, it did it did sound like he was hanging upside.
Speaker 1: Down with everything.
Speaker 2: I mean, he sounded like he truly was just mm mmmm and full disclosure, Okay, full disclosure. Story time with John. We do have weekend whip around patent pending trademark coming here sooner hopefully rather than later. He in uh yes, absolutely, Bart, quoting one of the best football coaches known to mankind, Jimmy McGuinty. We gotta have heart, miles and miles of heart, quoting Jimmy McGinty, They've got to have heart to come back in this game, and they did on Thanksgiving beating the Dallas Ropers. Washington Sentinels for Life. One of the best football movies ever. There is no Tomorrow for you, which makes you very dangerous people. I need those drops now, Man Bart bringing back fricking Jimmy McGinty.
Speaker 1: Best football movie unedited ever.
Speaker 2: And when they edit it, when they edit the replacements, by the way, it.
Speaker 1: Is so bad. It is so bad.
Speaker 2: Ohio State quarterback Shane Falco, number thirteen in your program, number one in your hot Shane Falco. Absolutely Shane Falcon, Morning David. And by the way, full disclosure, I know this will shock you. I have more Washington Sentinel's movie prop gear than probably anybody else on the planet. I have from that movie in my stacks of stuff. A Miami Barracuda's coaches polo. I have a Dallas Ropers coaches polo and a Dallas Roper's hat right there hanging on the train track. I have a lot of Washington Sentinel stuff, everything from the the zip up sweat jacket to the T shirts and all of that stuff. And I mean it's like legit extra's memorabilia stuff. It's not like stuff that was reproduced and shipped from the Far East. This is like legit stuff from the movie. I have it here in office HD. I wear it occasionally when I feel like I'm in the mood to bust out my my zip up, my zip up sweat jacket. I mean literally, it says Washington, It's Washington Sentinels and it's got the Sentinels logo right there.
Speaker 1: Best football movie ever.
Speaker 2: And oh wow, that reminds me, Oh, this is okay, this is really gonna yeah. Speaking of which, I'm gonna put my head set down for a second unrelated to the situation. But now that Bart brought it up, all right, So remember the tight end.
Speaker 1: In the movie.
Speaker 2: And like I said, if you haven't seen the movie, I would recommend it and see the unetited version. He went to Gallia Debt. No, lie, this popped up in my mail the other day, Galiadebt Home of the Huddle.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: So I have Gaaluadet football gears a part of my stacks. By the way, Gallaudet football they got approval for the OSG Sports College Football X and for the review, which is on the OSG Sports side of things. By the way, it's on the other it's on the other network here, the other channel here in the network. They got approval for that that ocular technology, but they couldn't install it in all three football helmets because the first the the first string and the second string qbs were injured and they were in those helmets. They couldn't install it in the third string quarterbacks helmet in time for last week. But they have that technology that we saw in the AT and t AD where they can go tablet to eyepiece and signal in the plays.
Speaker 1: Very very cool, very cool.
Speaker 2: David said, Uh, thought of that the other day with the NFL QB not throwing a pass because his center threw up on it. Yeah, I think it was Malik Willis. Yeah, look, Jumbo, you don't have raw eggs before you get you before you play. But they were doing something together in the huddle. They were huddling and moving from one hashmark to the other. Yeah, go watch the replacements. Was it brook Langton? Yeah, Brook Langton, very very cool. He's making out with the cheerleaders. What are they gonna do pat fire him. Absolutely, very very cool. Okay, anyway on that tangent, and that means now I gotta write this down before I forget. Uh, Jimmy McGinty drops. Jimmy McGinty drops. Okay, all right, Jarrett's here our number two weekend with around patent pending trademark coming center hopefully rather than later. I got lost, and I blame Bart for this, Jarrett. We went down the replacements rabbit hole after Greg Garza came in and left us at ten o'clock. So we were talking about the the idea that American soccer players are too nice with Greg and then now with Poachatino in and just being too nice and all that kind of stuff, and so Bart drops a Jimmy McGinty reference, and so I go down the replacements rabbit hole for a couple of minutes. So you haven't you haven't missed a whole lot other than I actually fixed the problem this.
Speaker 5: Week, like a technical problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, do tell the first seven minutes of the show were like the Nixon tapes.
Speaker 1: And I couldn't figure out why.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, it's like there was silence, and uh, I was wondering why there was silence, and everybody else was not surprised there was silence, but there was silence on the show. I mean, all of the effects and everything and all the drops were fine, but no one could hear me talk. And some folks actually thought that was an improvement. But I felt compelled to troubleshoot the whole thing, and I actually troubleshooted what was wrong. I don't know how I went down this particular road. It was seven minutes of silence instead of seven seconds, but yeah, it was seven minutes of silence, and I got it figured out. So the wrong input was cued on the stream yard audio because of Mixler from last night, and so Mixler took over everything and it didn't reset itself.
Speaker 5: Well, so so I'm like going back through the I'm going through the sedimentary rock that is the chat and then finding like you know, Bart mentioning it. Apparently I missed the first hour.
Speaker 2: You missed the black goverment got yellow cards the first forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, well, I yes, yellow cards aren't bad in the sense that we talked about earlier this week. I would love to someone gott a yellow card with Sam Surge tried to kill a Pedro Amador, which good thing he did because Pedro Abador was low key player of the game Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's true.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, yeah, don't the occasional yellow cards. Okay, it's just knowing how to manage the game before and after you get those yellow cards. Yes, sometimes sometimes you gotta light somebody up mm hmmm yeah, and just remind him about what's going on.
Speaker 2: Uh So, opening kickoff this morning was the twos and reminding everybody that the home finale is Tuesday. They needed to win out and get some tiebreakers in their behalf to get into the postseason. Is the eight seed go to Crown Legacy last night traditionally a tough place to play up at Matthews Golastraw after ninety going into the shootout, losing the shootout get one point when they needed three. So so two matches left for Atlanta United two in their twenty twenty four season. But last night, once again we got to see Jade and Hibbert go absolutely upside down otherwise known as a regular day at the office for Jadon Hibbert with twelve saves on the night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am I've been vocal about this, so we can continue to be vocal about this. For me, like if you want to give people a potentially a potential take, so to speak, Jad and Hibbert is coming sooner rather than later for that starting job with the first team. That doesn't mean he's gonna like come out of the gates and start twenty twenty five preseason as the number one. But that boy is special. I think his distribution can still improve, but his shot stopping is great. He probably, he'll he'll tell you probably he should have saved one or two of those penalties and shootout he guessed correctly on him and just sometimes sometimes the bear gets you. Yeah, he's been fantastic in the shootout. He's been fantastic shot stopper, incredibly quick and athletic. Just legs are made of springs. Yeah, man, Jadan Hibbert is. Jadan Hibbert is a nice piece because look, you thought you had a plan, and you did have a plan when you had a Sentadaeas and Justin Garcis Garcius had gone to UCLA, he'd come back. You had him as a homegrown Garcius just unable to stay healthy and his contract runs out, but he just We've talked about it before. It's hard to stayd on the roster when you're on the training table. And Garcus was a good kid. He just could not stay on the field. Knee injuries kept popping up for him, and then the Centiis gets the offer to go to Norwich and takes it and is doing pretty well last check. You'd love for him to have stayed here because I think he was catching up and passing Garsis, especially with the injuries. But he gets that offer to go to England. It's hard to tell a kid, no, don't go to England to play. Stay here and play on the second team and then work your way into becoming the first team guy. And there he's got. He got money to go to Norwich like it's gonna happen. But when you lost that guy, you have other academy goalkeepers coming. But having Hibbert coming out of school, he got him signed. He got him playing with the twos immediately, you got him getting minutes. It was a good job of We had a plan. That plan didn't finish up because of some things injuries and transfers to we didn't necessarily expect. But then you adjusted the plan. You went and got Hibbert in the draft, who has been very good. The MLS draft is still a crap shoot in the same sense that I am. Look, I I'm happy to have anyone sectioned off for mental study if their philosophy is, well, just tank the rest of the year and get a high draftic.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work that way, and no does.
Speaker 5: It doesn't work that way, Like this isn't. This isn't the NBA where you've got like a life changing player waiting for you at the one to one. It's not. You can find talent there. Orlando has been suspiciously good at finding talent. Not to say they're bad, not to say it's like shady, but like they they've been like they've been hitting blackjack repeatedly. And some teams care about the draft, and some teams don't. I think Philadelphia, like one year, traded all their picks. Is there academy does the job for them. But that's I think that's a good situation where the draft can't exist, is that you can go get a supplemental piece, and in this case, it was a project goalkeeper. Obviously, again Hibber got a little nervous early on. Yeah, it's like I say he's not he's not a finished product. I'm not saying he needs to start with the first team right now, but he feels that that spot that you wanted for talent. Down the line, you have more goalkeepers coming as well. I don't know what Gooz's offseason plan is, but you still have Hit, you still have Josh Cohen as well. In the fold. I think Hibbert is going to be uh pushing every one in that organization though, going through twenty twenty five and then you, I mean for the twos, this is this is a not up time for the twos because yeah, it did did the same thing last year. By the end of the season, you start getting more and more time together, training, results start turning positive, but by then it's too late. It's kind of a deja vusi situation. But now you've got some of the like a lot of the guys you signed, a lot of them were on one year deals who were not academy guys and not from the inside. They're playing for their futures. You know, they're playing for whatever tomorrow may bring. So we'll see how that goes. We'll see who's fighting for minutes for now and for next year, because some of your guys who were with the second team will be in preseason training with the first team with a chance to show something. Hobby Armis with a chance to show something. Alan Carlton, who is blossomed in twenty twenty four, with a chance to really show something. Man like Luke Brennan. I thought we would see a lot more of Luke Brennan with the second team this year, but because of injuries and quality, he's been getting a lot of ride run with the first team on the bench. Unfortunately, that hasn't produced minutes for him, and I think in a different world, I would like to have seen him get more minutes with the second team just to get on the field. But I'm glad he has earned spots on the bench with the second team or with the first team. Excuse me, but you know, I want to see Luke take those next steps. So there's there's other guys, you know, Eric Sinteno trying to figure out, you know, where is Eric Senttenno going to be next year? The generation Didas deal I think runs out this year. You're koreeing to Mimi's trying to make a life for himself. Narry came in and was absolutely wonderful. And that's you know, a guy who was highly thought of coming out of Valencia's academy with a chance to to kind of, you know, take a flyer on him and see what he can do. So there's still questions to answer. With these last two games, guys will be playing for contracts and guys will be playing for pride. No, you gotta make it stand up though, but because it's gonna be two tough games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it is uh baby Heron's coming Tuesday night to the Fraction and then on the twenty ninth in Chester taking on Philadelphia Union too, and it could be a big game for them as their chase, saying FC Cincinnati two and trying to determine who's going to be the one, who's going to be the two, what seedings are going to look like. And yeah, just to remem just to remind folks, Fermino's contract is up at the end of the season, Efra's contract is the there's a decision to be made for ef for New Year's Eve, and a decision to be made on Tyler Wolf as well. And then you start to get into the twenty fives, a decision to be made on Jay Fortune. That has evolved into a no brainer of a decision involving Jay Fortune, but.
Speaker 5: Better better hope, So yeah, that would be a no brainer decision.
Speaker 2: Gazan Dax, Jamal Rios on the loan, Ronald nick Efra, Tyler j. Those are the contracts that end or have decisions on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 5: Tyler. I don't think is I don't my my gut instinct as that Tyler is not part of the project going forward. He just hasn't been able to make it work consistently, Like the second half of last season would phenomenal from him. It hasn't carried over into twenty twenty four. Yeah, and you've got other homegrowns coming. You know, You've got Luke coming. Ashton Gordon, who is going to play more on the wing. Is not really a nine per se as players get bigger and faster and stronger like he is. He's a winger. You've got him.
Speaker 2: You've got Luke, Mattacos Uh Cayden.
Speaker 5: Moore, Aiden Torres Man. Aiden Torres is another guy that if somebody had lit up, if you had been on the field, Nomador got lit up. Aiden Torres, Yeah, Aiden Torres Aiden Torres Aiden Torres is absolutely about that life. They're like, you know, I think possibly a little more than like ephra Is. We're like Effy will If if you want to go, Effor will go like you name the time in the place you drop the pin, he'll.
Speaker 2: Show he's got calm the ball in him. So I mean you get that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Uh. Bart's point, Tyler could be a very good use us L C player. I think so too. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being like a Tristan Trager because Tristan Trager played here with the twos, was really good in their last year in USL. I remember after the Birmingham game here like Kayler Hodges walking up and just like the hell did that kid come from? Oh yeah, he came from the military academy. He just took him a while to get over here because he was getting out of the Air Force. Tristan Trager was great, goes to goes to Charleston when Peerman takes over and just lights it up. Now I believe is it really good USL player? I think Tyler can be that. Can Tyler be more entirely possible? I think he's shown in flashes. He can be, but it's about consistency at that level. I think his floor is a USC player for sure. Yeah, I think somebody would take a chance on him higher up the barge point about and need Winger depth and the other young gins have been unproven. Yeah, and so I wanted to see more of Luke this year. That was one of the reasons why, because Luke has shown you some guts and some fight and is clever on the ball, and he has all the makings of it. But I need him getting more game time with live ammunition at an MLS level. Most Get Up, Must Get Up was actually really good the other night. Most Guetta thing is just maddening inconsistency. Yeah, I think Winger is gonna be like I'm still you're gonna have two DP spots to play with. I'd love to see you go spend a bunch of money on a left wing or however you want to do that you want to get really weird. You could just go get a right winger, or go get another ten and play Montu on the right wing and Saba on the left wing and then flip them around as you see fit to invert them of the mononchup as a right winger, as an inverted right winger, just feels very dangerous all the time because of that left foot. You can always just get weird. Go get another ten, I mean, and then and then another and then go get a striker. But however you want to split that money up? You do, you guys, But yeah, I think you're Yeah, winger is someplace you've got to figure out. Is there any Oh, Uncle, is there an expansion draft this year?
Speaker 1: San Diego?
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you, thank you. That's why I pay you the big bucks. Uncle. Who do you leave exposed? That's a good question. And Abby, I don't know if Mousqutta stays like past his contract. I like Mosketta for what he is, but he is also wildly consistent. Yes, he's incredibly fast. There's been moments where like when he's on one and you're like, oh, he's just dribbling people and running past them. But it's not consistent enough right for me. I thought he was go after the end of twenty three. I thought he's gonna slot into a guy who only starts like five ten games a year. But it's coming. What was one of your first names off the bench because he can run it tired people in the seventieth minute, and it's kind of an asshole move to be Oh you're tired. Ah, here's Edwin.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly, man.
Speaker 5: I'd have to look at the whole. Uh, Quentin's probably gone. I think Quinton might be done done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he's in concussion protocol or whatever.
Speaker 5: The and Quinton might be like Quentin's getting up there in age too.
Speaker 2: Oh and for public record, the second highest number of matches played for me an chook other than attacking midfielder has been right wing mm hmm, two hundred and thirty three appearances. Is an attacking midfielder right winger sixty matches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you invert him on the right wing and plane as a left floated right winger who can cut in. You would end up doing the same Asava on the other side and then kind of let people move around as they see fit on the field. I'd have to look at the whole. Rosters. Who you leave unprotected? Tristan, yes, yes, but yeah, Tristan a brom for sure. I think a Brom for sure is one who you leave unprotected. You want one that's off the board, and this is not a person A personal opinion on their quality is I think they get too much hate Brooks. I don't know if you protect Brooks, I was gonna say Nick, well, Nick, Knick's out of contract, SEANDAI would be unprotected. So Jamal's got to come. Jamal Well, No, Jamal's got an option. Maybe you pick up the options and then some of those guys you leave unprotected. So like Jamal is one of those, I'm a say, like, yeah, there's there's a lot you can go here. And I agree, Brooks has value and I like Brooks, but you gotta you can only protect so many guys, and you gotta be strategic about this. This is like, it's kind of be kind of tricky.
Speaker 2: You've got your twenty five. By the way, Quenton is thirty eight. Yeah, Quenton Westbrook is Quentin Westbrook is thirty eight, and he's also a twenty five. Shande's a twenty five, Luis is a twenty five, Brooks is the twenty five, Tristan's a twenty six. Edwin with loans, et cetera is a twenty six. And that puts you through with all the names that we've been discussing.
Speaker 1: So I mean there's there.
Speaker 2: There are some folks unless you and you know, unless you want to just be like, well, tell you what, here's some am if you leave us alone or something like that. So there are there are some names out there that that you can look at if you're mikey Verus in San Diego, San Diego, and look at what you're into.
Speaker 5: Into your point, John, that is a thing that has happened before. Like there, you will get protection deals like that leaves.
Speaker 1: That sounds leave us alone. Here's some am.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there there have been that's been, It's happened in the league before where you make that deal you, Hey, here's some am. Here's a trade. You're not going to touch any of our players.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool, cool, we're good.
Speaker 5: Or you can do like Atlanta did in their expansion draft where they traded for Clint Irwin and then basically held in rants Toronto.
Speaker 2: Yeah you mean Atlanta United Hero Clint Irwin, legacy legacy retiree clintor one. Absolutely No, I'm you know hero Clint e one for Atlanta United. So no, it's uh, there there will be some interesting decisions. But also if you know that, but there will be some teams that will do the here's some am leave us alone bit with mikey Verus in San Diego.
Speaker 5: So I don't even know if Brooks would be gone after this year. It's an interesting question for sure. But and I like Brooks. I would like Brooks to stay. I think he gets I I think he gets too much hate, and I think he's an easy target for a lot of hate. Yeah, but I like what Brooks gives you at times. I want to see more of what he tried to do Wednesday night where he plays that where he plays that that that cutback ball instead of like trying to whip that ball to the post right you know. He you have the one that's kind of weird where he tries to play the cut back I forget who it was from Miami blocks it and it kind of stumbles over it and tumbles through like a drunken mole. I want more of that from Brooks, especially as you have more talent in the midfield and more gold dangerous players in the middle. I want more of that cutback ball, Like if it's Jamal or Daniel up top, yeah, you're gonna take that shot because both of them are incredibly good in the air. Both of them are very big and powerful, but I liked the idea of that cutback ball even though it gets cut out. And look, Miami did a really good job of like throwing themselves in front of stuff. I think they only registered like two or three block shots, but they blocked I can think off the top of my head like three or four passes that they threw themselves in the way of. And just like Stanley Cup in the playoffs, throw your body in the way of the puck level, putting themselves out there to stop what would have been a key pass that might have set up the pass for the shot or would have set up the shot. They don't get registered as a blocked shot in the same way, but for me, those kind of plays have a similar importance and credit to Miami for like look, man's one of my issues with like the Nashville game where Atlanta just kind of didn't show up. Miami's gonna lock up supporters shield possibly, Yeah, and they were throwing their bodies around in a midweek game like they were like they were fighting for a playoff spot. Now, credit Atlanta fought Wednesday night. Wasn't always pretty. It was kind of stop and start, but they fought, but they needed they need to show that every night out. That's tough. That's why you pay your money to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Saba got a goal on Sally's birthday and so that's always a good thing too. So, uh, you know, times inside the Lobe Geneza household. And we'll get into weekend whip around now since we're pushing ten thirty, and get into all of the other matches. Basically, what we'll do is we'll play Cliffhanger. Obviously, we'll save the discussion for at Land United and Red Bulls to the last, but rolling through all of the other games, like you said, we talked about we talked about them and got the early juice box look with Nico yesterday. But let's get into all of the other matches. And like I said, uh, you know, what was it? What is it til today? I learned? But it was like was it last week? That?
Speaker 1: The reason that it do you.
Speaker 5: Have John hanging out on Reddit learning learning random and out random abbreviations is absolutely terrifying, go on, carry.
Speaker 2: On interesting, Well, just the idea of was it til today? I learned that when the juice box pervey or sit there and always listed it Land United first in a situation like what happened in the midweek. Is because Atlanta starts with the letter A. They are they are the first alphabetical home team. It has no bearing on a start time or a popular opinion. Uh yeah, til yeah, til the juice box purveyors put it Land United as a home team first because they start with the letter A, not because they think they're real important or anything. Uh if you have the same start times for two o'clock. And this is the interesting part of all of this involving Messian Friends. So Messian Friends did not go home after the match in the midweek. They stayed here. I believe they worked out at the Children of Self Care of Atlanta training ground. Then they flew they're flying up today, I think, or they flew up last night and they're going to Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 1: They are now favored.
Speaker 2: On the road against NYC at a plus one at a plus one thirty eight.
Speaker 5: Well, NYC also got their skulls caved in by Philly over the weekend.
Speaker 2: And so NYC is a plus one sixty two at home and Messi and Friends are a plus one thirty eight on the road at a two o'clock kick at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 1: What say you, Jared Smith? Do you care?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Well, then we'll keep going.
Speaker 5: Like messian friends go and just do Messian friends.
Speaker 1: Ish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so we do have ref assignments, will go over those as well. Oh boy, yes, looking for specific individuals to keep an eye on. Charlotte who is doing the Oscar pereja slow fade only winning.
Speaker 5: I'll go, I don't. I don't think that's fair to Oscar. I don't think Oscar ever faded as hard as Charlotte has. Ye, Charlotte has like one win since July in all competitions. Like, let me tell you about the problems in Charlotte, for they for they are plentiful. Charlotte was like Charlotte was cooking. Early in the season, they weren't scoring consistently. Aujimong is basically a physic.
Speaker 1: A gold weapon, freaking redwood dude.
Speaker 5: I love him, tall people stand up, but he hasn't scored enough, and they as a unit have not scored enough, which is hey, I'll bet that's why they wanted to go get a number ten at the deadline and tried like three different routes and then the one they got is kind of like a it's kind of like a uh. I mean, we'll take a waiver on this guy and take a flyer on the sky and just see what we can make happen. But buddy, uh huh yeah, they they they've gone from being a team that defends really well but can't score to a team that is now like, uh, defending only okay and can't score consistently. Yeah, buddy, Charlotte is on the fade. And yes, uh yeah, Bart, I like Brooks do for me, it's it's here's the here's the I understand that the x ah quotion is the x H scale. You want to get weird. By the way, Uh, there's a certain uh, there's a certain right wing right full back who plays in Houston, who used to play in Atlanta, who is a free agent in the off season. If you want somebody to come in and who who absolutely has that dog in them almost to a destructive degree in uh, a certain Franco Escobar playoff. Fronco is a free agent in the off season. Also, I think my thing with Brooks is the fact that like, because because we just gets talked about, I think I don't know if it gets talked about enough when we talk about the expansion draft, I realize I'm derailing us here, was it?
Speaker 1: Care that.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you put guys on the expansion draft knowing that you like you're you leave guys unprotected. No that whoever like the club coming in is not going to want to pay, is not going to want to pay the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like La, he's probably gonna put Vela on the expansion list.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't I'm not sure what Brooks makes, but I wouldn't be surprised if, like you put Brooks on the on the like you might. I don't know. That depends on how much he's making. But maybe you leave him unprotected if he's making a certain amount, because you're like, well, they're going to feel like they can go get right back maybe for less money, and that's not the investment they want to.
Speaker 1: Make, right, that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you leave guys unprotected who are making a ton of money, you know, because it might it might not be the contract that someone's willing to pay. It could be kind a tricky anyway.
Speaker 2: Yes, to answer your question, Brooks Lennon. According to the MLSPA release, YES seven guarantee that's what his number is, seven hundred and forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like would San Diego? San Diego is gonna be any unque situation because, as you know, expansion teams do have more money to play with. Would they want to pay seven hundred and forty thousand They'll have extra money to play with? Yeah, would they be willing to spend that money? That remains to be seen.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Other matchups on the board, starting your seven thirty seven forties CF Montreal at Scott Suputo A plus one sixty hosting the fire Crew minus one thirty three hosting the Purple Team at a place.
Speaker 5: That's Man, Purple Team. We might actually have to put some respect on their name because Purple Team has won their last three games by combined score of eight neil. Oh, Wow, Purple Team wrapped some barbed wire around the baseball bat and decided to go to the park. They very good.
Speaker 1: They've been cacked as jack all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, Purple Team is not screwing around out here.
Speaker 2: Not this not this season. We've got one more at seven forty. We'll talk about them. Last eight forties Copeateejas Austin FC is a dog at home at Q two to Houston. Houston's a plus one fifty. Austin FC's a plus one seventy five, and there's a lot of folks in town that wish it for the second year in road to be the end of the Josh Wolfe experiment. FC Dallas a dog at home to LAFC. Lafc's a plus one thirty three. FC Dallas is a plus one eighty one. Nashville at home is a dog to FC Cincinnati at a plus one ninety two. FC Cincinnati is a plus one thirty seven. The other eight forty Sporting is a minus one oh six. Hosting the Loons, the Loons are a plus two and a half.
Speaker 5: Loons are also on They're not on full fraud watch, but theyre are on like I'm giving, I am like giving them. They are on side I watch.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say they're on side I watch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Loons are kind of getting the side eye right now. Austin's interesting. Don't know if y'all saw over the after the midweek game, but apparently Sebastian uh Doyle had it that Sebastian Jucy. It seems like he might be uh Sebastian Jewsy. He might be done. He might he might be he might be sick of it all over in h Over in Austin, Texas, because he's out there retweeting folks saying fire Josh Wolf and trade. Sebastian Jucy.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, repost, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna call it. You call whatever the hell you want to retweet to me. Look, look, look, grumpy ass South African want to be Tony Stark. Uh can can rename and rebrand whatever the hell he wants like a twelve year old edgy kid and rename your whole. I don't care. It's still gonna be the Dead Bird. It's still gonna be Twitter. It's still gonna be it's still gonna be a retweet for me. You can call it whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm right there with you, don't I don't care. Yeah, because you've already you've already set You've already set this bed up, so we're gonna stay in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nineties Colorado hosting Toronto with a minus one forty one. Toronto FC is a plus three thirty eighth RSL is a minus one twenty seven hosting Portland, Who's a plus two seventy nine. Take Portland or take the over at probably like four and a half.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, Portland might have the MVP. Yeah, Evander is gonna end up with twenty assists this year despite Taylor twelveman toe in the damn company line where like you're looking at the numbers, He's like, mess He's the MVP. So listen, I know you're getting I know you where you're getting your checks from. It's it's fine. I know you're gonna prop up people.
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: No, MESSI missed a big chunk of the season.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: If Anders going to end up with twenty assists.
Speaker 1: By all means, make uh you know, Messy the m VP.
Speaker 5: Like uh old boy in uh old boy in d C h ben Techy's going up with a might end up winning the damn Golden Boot. Like I got options other than MESSI mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shoot Suarez before Messy with what they what what the Suarez has been doing with MESSI being gone. Yeah, if you're gonna send somebody from MESSI and friends, make it an a friend and make it Suarez. Uh yeah, take the over in RSL in Portland and see if you can get it at three and a half or four and a half wherever it changes from the minus two o'clock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and call it whatever I mean. I'm not even considering Suarez either personally, Like there's there's better There have been better players liked Ongo absolutely doing the Loure's work year over in Salt Lake. There are better options than MESSI who, Yes, he's messy. I understand his name. Carri's cache. He's also missed chunk of the season. And I got guys who are balling out in this league who have for my money, have earned it. Yep, So he's down on my list.
Speaker 1: Yes. Also at the ten forties Lag hosting Vancouver at minus one twenty five, Vancouver's a plus two ninety one. I probably would once again take the total in that situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably, and.
Speaker 1: See if you can find, say a three and a half or four and a half.
Speaker 5: Vancouver's fun Galaxy might be the best team in the West. They're more fun.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And last Saturday game on the board, San Jose is hosting All Caps. San Jose is a slight face at home at a plus one forty three. All Caps are a plus one fifty six on the road. The one game on Sunday is Philly in d C. Philly is a minus one nineteen at home against d C and uh, you're you're a gentleman, Christian vineke the Belgian breadloaf at a plus plus seventy one and draws a plus three oh five. I'm thinking that there might be some skulls cracked in that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and d C DC at a plus two seventy one.
Speaker 2: Shoot, man, that might be worth some That might be worth some juice box consideration, or even the plus three oh five on the draw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially on the quick turn.
Speaker 5: We'll see. Yeah, well, well we'll.
Speaker 4: Just have to see you man, Yes we were, ye yes.
Speaker 5: Uh San Jose, Still it's gonna always be weird. Well yeah for amen.
Speaker 1: Yes' is that? Yes? All right?
Speaker 2: So at Lant and Red Bulls, last game on the board because I pulled it to the bottom of the page, and uh it is seven forty. Start Mike and Jason your pregame show at six thirty and kick at seven forty with Red Bulls and Atlanta United. Red Bulls on the minus side of a minus one forty three draw is a plus three to zero eight. Atlanta United is a plus three point fifty one in the composite courtesy of our friends at Odds Portal looking at totals, just to kind of put that out there, minus five thirty for one and a half two and a half a minus one fifty five three and a half is well. Technically three is where it flips to a plus one oh six. Three and a half is a plus one fifty nine. The under at three and a half is a minus two oh seven.
Speaker 5: It's been a house of horrors for Atlanta, has been for years. I am inclined to think.
Speaker 2: That, uh, oh crap, what happened Abby's question? And I have the answer. Oh, Tim Ford close Penso.
Speaker 5: We'll see. We'll see how much that matters.
Speaker 1: And so in the medal.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Schwartz, Ol Brian Done, Guido Gonzalez Junior is your fourth, Carol Ane Schnard is your VA R.
Speaker 1: Mike camp Minor is your A V A R. Uh.
Speaker 5: We'll see, We'll see how much it matters. Like Penco just has a quick trigger. Tim Ford is objectively bad. It has been objectively bad at his job in big moments. I think Penso is not as much of a He's not a good ref I just think he he just he pulled the trigger really quickly.
Speaker 1: Sometimes a little anxious.
Speaker 5: You've got to you gotta be up for it, and there's no reason not to be. Yeah, you do. You've got to. You gotta be up for just the beatdown that this game will be. Physically, it's gonna be demanding. It's going to not gonna be fun to watch, probably, it's not gonna be fun to play in, probably, but you got to find a way to get something out of it. Last year, you got your ass feed up there. Yeah, and you're gonna get chances you have to take them. Red Bulls are kind of weird in the sense that so so I say Red Bulls are kind of weird because early in the season Red Bulls looked like they were out there turning over a new leaf. Meil Forsburg like changed so much about them. They haven't been good since emil Forsberg got hurt. Correct, like, straight up have not been good. You know, what can they do about it? You know, how can what what can they what can they show you? We'll find out They've kind of I've always had Atlanta's number. Remember Atlanta has two career wins against Red bulls. One of them was the funniest of all time in the playoffs. Another one was last year at home, where it felt like you just did an Indiana Jones level like jump across the snake pits and make it, make it work kind of thing. Why did it have to be snakes? So, I don't know, man, we'll see. I'm you need God blessed Saba for Saba's ability to just run until he's gonna die. You're going to need You're gonna need You're gonna need that from Saba on short rest. But you're also going to need Saba to be like super dangerous Saba. Like you're also gonna need Saba to be the guy who can make a difference in the game. That's gonna be tough. We'll see, We'll see you need him to be that kind of guy who shows up and is capable of putting up a brace. Yeah we could just try winning the game. They could.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, it's just it's it's always it's always gonna be ugly. You know what you're getting into. So I don't know, Man, don't be surprised, don't don't don't sit here and give me the like I guess, don't give me the you know, the surprise Peaka you mean of like it's a street fight, but it's always been a street fight. They're a different team without Amil Forceberg. You're a different team with Manantruck, especially the first goal. It's out of a system. Settle in, go do some stuff, kids, and yeah, go go fight. Like my complaint for the last calendar week, about almost the last calendar week, about your lack of fight, it's got to kind of matter now because now you're playing a team that is going to try and fight you. You should go fight them now.
Speaker 2: Yes, So that is that's what you're staring at once again. Pregame show is six thirty, kickoff seven forty, and it'll be a full hour of the full time report after the fact as they all head to Harrison, New Jersey, and hopefully any of you who go, any seventeens who go, will have better luck finding an uber than the Boss and I did when we went up last Oh that was hilarious.
Speaker 5: I mean it's hilarious because you didn't die, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when you had that car coming right at me as I'm in the back seat and mister McGoo is driving us onto the freeway, trying to get us back home, and there's this car screaming right at me at like ninety miles an hour as he's taking twelve miles an hour to turn the left to get onto the freeway.
Speaker 1: I was fantastic Morning.
Speaker 2: Four card running down the officials and what to expect for the other matchups. John Freeman, no relation has got the early game at Yankee Stadium against Messi and friends. Corey Rockwell is your AR number one. Kevin Stott is your VR Charlotte and the revs at four. Mark Allentson is the man in the middle. Ted Uncle is your fourth. Greg Dopka is your VR crew in the Purple Team. Sergei Boyko is the man in the middle. Oh ooh interesting or Kevin Stott.
Speaker 1: No wait, no, it was the other dude.
Speaker 2: Sergei Boyko is the man in the middle for a crew in Purple team photos. Bezakas is your fourth. Kevin Stott is your VAR for c F Montreal in Chicago. Lucas Sopala is the man in the middle. Marcus d Olivera is your fourth and Isamael l Fath is your var.
Speaker 1: We mentioned it.
Speaker 2: It's Chris Penso is your man in the middle. Geta Gonzalez Junior is your fourth. Caroline Schnard is your var and Austin FC and Houston Dynamo Copateejas have Victor Revos in the middle. Timothy Ford is your fourth. At least, all he has to do is hold up a board. Unice Maracci is your v A R at Q two, it is FC Dallas and l A F C. Alexis Da Silva is the man in the middle. Rebil Vasquez is your fourth. Edvan Jerissevitch is your v R. Sporting in lons is mair Pek Mitch is the man in the middle. Rossendo Mendosa is your fourth. Greg Dotka is your v R Nashville and Cincinnati. Pierre Lookelasierre is the man in the middle. Sergei Demionchuk is your fourth. Horey goan Zalez is your v A R.
Speaker 5: T J.
Speaker 2: Zablocki is your a v A R Colorado and Toronto. Rosendo Mendosa is the man in the middle. There and it is Matt Thompson is your fourth. Kevin Terry Junior is your va R. Resindo Mendosa Wait a second, He's the How is that possible? How is that physically possible? So Rosendo Mendosa is listed by PRO as the fourth at Sporting and Minnesota United at eight thirty. He's also the man in the middle for Colorado and Toronto at nine thirty. I'm good job, PRO, I'm his rescind them and us have been able to do some gene splicing, jean splicing.
Speaker 1: And atoms splitting. Do we know of this? Do we know? Do we know?
Speaker 5: In?
Speaker 2: Is pro dealing in multiplicity?
Speaker 5: Now you've got the multiverse unlocked. Resinda Mendoza is the anchor being for our universe, which is wild to think about.
Speaker 2: So he's the fourth in Kansas City at eight thirty, but the man in the middle for nine thirty at Children's Healthcare. The Dicks at Dick Sporting gets park at nine thirty, So what does he leave?
Speaker 1: Does he leave it like.
Speaker 2: The twenty minute mark can hop the flight and get a going out there and hang out with the prairie dogs. I want to know how this is handled. David got my multiplicity reference. How do you have Rassindo Mendoza as you're fourth in Kansas City and then an hour later he's the man in the middle with the prairie dogs in Commerce City, Colorado. How do you make this happen? And which one of these universes is correct?
Speaker 1: Damn Son.
Speaker 5: I still like to think I still operate under the assumption we've been living in different universes since they fired up a large Hadron collider.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, well that I said. I am just reading what pro has on their website. I don't know what the adjustments are. I don't know if there have been adjustments or if they have in fact, Gene spliced Rosindo Mendoza. And now going forward, if we look at Rossindo Mendosa's performances as both a fourth and a center, ref which one Rossindo Mendosa.
Speaker 1: Are we which.
Speaker 2: Rossendo Mendoza did we get in the midweek? Which one or the weekend last time he was here? Where is that Rosendo Mendoza. Is he going to be the one in Kansas City or is he going to be the one with the prairie dogs in Commerce City, Colorado?
Speaker 1: I have questions.
Speaker 5: I'm just asking, Yeah, someone typing correctly. But we're gonna have fun with it because it's pro.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: RSL and Portland Tory Penso is in the middle. Oh cool, Tory Penso, Brooke Mayo, Catherine Nesbit your ref and your ars dig it Drew Fisher is your fourth. David Berry, Oh well, Tory Penzo has to put up with David Berry as your VAR, so that hopefully there will not be any interesting moments that Tory Penso and David Berry have a disagreement. La and Vancouver, Jayra Marufo in the middle, and Remy Tushan is your fourth. Sore In Steutschka is your var, and San Jose and all caps. Ricardo Montero is the man in the middle. Nick Uranga is your air number two. Alan Chapman is your fourth. Caroline Shanard is your var. Philip Duyitch gets the Saturday Sunday Tree. He gets to go to Subaru Park and he's the man in the middle for Philly and DC. Unice Marakchi is your v R with Joshua pat Lack is your a v ar. So that's uh, that's that's your rundown of who is who and where is who? When it comes to the folks in the middle that are carrying flags and whistles and and have ear pieces so they can converse with one another. Four Card says we're living between two timelines.
Speaker 5: It's fine by me.
Speaker 2: So look, as long as the timeline agrees with what we're trying to do, then I'm cool with everything.
Speaker 5: That's never really going to be up for success.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Hey, uh you know, bite your tongue all right, says time to say hi to everybody, especially during the uh, the time where I was silent, and it was probably an improvement to the show. Just ask folks. Morning Brandon, Morning alex Morning Michael. Let's see Morning Abby, and let's see continuing mornings with alex Is and Brandon. And let's see who else is here now that I've that's when I figured it out finally. Uh yeah, I had to wake up the IT department. Michael, You're not wrong, and when the IT department is somebody other than me, and that's definitely the problem. Morning bart uh And then Bart, thank you for teaching la cards aren't bad. Too many kids taught their reprimands similar to taking the Xbox away. In our conversation that we had with Greg Garza, let's see Morning David and Morning NK that we got into the expansion draft discussion oh mornings.
Speaker 1: Oh well check that.
Speaker 2: Greetings to Sydney and it's some it's it's other than bam. The Sydney seventeen's checking in this morning, so it's probably what twelve it's got to be.
Speaker 5: Like, uh, it's it's it's like late night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like twelve twenty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: So they should be getting ready for the final four in the uh the in in the footy, so we can't watching that when we get final we are, I believe two weeks away from that. We were in the final four going into this weekend.
Speaker 1: Where they have like.
Speaker 2: Preliminary finals and then like second chances and then now we're into the final four of the final four. So I think the Grand final is next weekend. So we'll see how many of us are staying up late morning, David Morning four Card and we were officially caught up with folks that are up and around news this morning as we get you ready for the weekend. Vincent Company, who is coaching a team that is having to play a lot of games because they're really good. Vincent Company is saying that there should be a cap on the number of matches players should be available to play. Cap the number of games a player can play to reduce the workload. From our friends at Ajons France Press, Bayern, Munich Coach, Vincent Company and as Bayer Levercus encounterpart Shabi Alonzo said today they joined the growing chorus calling for action on player workload amid talks of strikes. Companies said a cap should be introduced on the amount of games a player can play each year. A lot Zo said players must have greater involvement in decisions about the fixture calendar. Concerned about the load on players has grown in recent years. This year's Champions League adds fixed years, while fIF has expanded. Club World Cup will take place this summer, a time when players would normally have a break from games. We've got Club World Cup news coming up in just a bit. Top clubs with European and Domestic Cup commitments could play up to seventy five matches this year. At a press conference ahead of his trip to Verde, Bremen Company said it was already a theme during his career playing career labeled it an important topic. To play seventy five or eighty games, it gets to a point where it's not realistic anymore. Solution I've always wanted is to put a cap on the amount of games a player can play as an individual. Put a cap, put a compulsory period of holidays for players. Rodri who went third person in his press conference discussing it, so it's a dollar in the jar, said, it's the general opinion of the players is that they are close to a strike. Alison Tibou courtois lever Cues and so yeah, Allison, Kurtwis and Rodrie all saying that they're close before lever cusan host Wolfsburg. Shabi Alonzo said, I understand Rodery and the other players. Professional players must be involved in these decisions because we want to see good football schedules, very tight. They have to be heard. So Vincent Company is proposing a cap on the amount of matches that a player should play. Company promised squad rotations in the coming weeks as he manages midwek football commitments. And so the goalie was subbed off that halftime in the nine to two win over Dinomo Zagreb after flying on his after Manuel Noyer fell on his back. So that's what you're also getting into if you are Vincent Company. But a cap on the number of matches a player plays in any given year Jared. So that's players are threatening strikes. Folks are sitting there going, you know, maybe we should just put.
Speaker 1: A cap on things.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 2: I think, what was it rodri who said fifty to sixty somewhere in there that forty to fifty I think he said.
Speaker 1: Was peak.
Speaker 2: And then that's, uh, that's what he's thinking. So uh what I would say, Yeah, forty to fifty somewhere in there, because I mean, even if you think about what a full schedule and let's just say a full schedule Major League soccers thirty four, then you got what.
Speaker 5: It's thirty six to thirty eight in some places. But then you've got multiple Cups, international games. It gets really complicated very quickly. It's very busy, very it gets north of you're north of fifty. That's that's the bottom line here. Yeah, you are north of fifty games here. Yeah, I mean no, no, in you're in Europe too, well, ye, you start making Cup runs, you get north of fifty games real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you are in the in the prem.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's why Chelsea put one hundred and ten people on their roster for real.
Speaker 2: So you've got thirty eight in the prem You've got FA Cup, which could mean another say six, You've got Gummy Bear Cup, which could be another three or four because they bring you in late. So that's forty that's forty six. Then you have your other competitions and so now you have eight available to you if you're really good and you're now in this Swiss system of the Champions League, and so that would give you, say eighteen and thirty eight is fifty six. Club World Cup. God knows how many matches you'd be playing. They're probably four or five, so that gets you north of sixty. So yeah, you're picking up numbers really really quick. And it is all over the place when it comes to the number of matches, and you know, the players are like, well, you know, we'd like to be consulted with this kind of thing, but apparently that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
Speaker 5: No, it's not it's not things.
Speaker 1: Yes, Club World Cup.
Speaker 2: I mentioned the Club World Cup, and apparently because of the lack of TV interest, the lack of rights holders wanting to sit there and go well, you know, yeah, we're just not we're just not that into you. Apparently, there has been an emergency meeting called according to Matt Crafton over at the Athletic Slash NY Times, where our buddy Johnny Infantino is kind of like, well, you know, yeah, I'd kind of like to have a rights holder here.
Speaker 1: And it ain't looking it ain't looking.
Speaker 2: It ain't looking all that good right now for a rights holder where you've got to have emergency meetings with all of your rights holders to sit there and go, I'd kind of like to have a you know, I'd kind of like to have somebody be a rights holder for this thing. And everybody's like, nah, not really interested. So I will be intrigued if to see where Adam Crafton and the Club World Cup end up going from here.
Speaker 1: I just I'm like, I don't know, man, uh.
Speaker 2: Are we are we to the point to where TV properties are like saturated saturated saturated?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's the same. We have the same problem across all sports though, where it's like you need to have like five different streaming services to watch what you want. You already have to have like five different ones to watch every baseball game. You need to have like four different one four or five different ones for you have to have five different ones for NFL, Fox, CBS, Amazon, ESPN, NBC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peacock Yeah, well whatever, Yeah, the NBC overlord Peacock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, call it what you will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so, let's see what do we have here in the house. We've got ESPN Prime, uh, Paramount Plus. We've got Netflix wait for them to get into sports. Oh crap, that reminds me on Prime the Tragically Hip documentary came out today.
Speaker 1: All right, so it is.
Speaker 2: We've got ESPN, We've got ESPN Plus, we got cable based. We have cable to start things off with the super hyper mega Cable Sports package and the Spanish package, so that way we can watch uh newest tell a Fox Deportees, Uh you know, ESPN Deportees, et cetera, Telemundo to Dana. I've got all that on cable. I've got uh Paramount plus, Peacock Prime Fanatis. What am I missing? I know I'm missing something. So we we are we are fairly stream we we are fairly streamed in this household. We have the boatload of folks. How many streaming services do you have that are tied to sport?
Speaker 5: Let's see, we've got NBC, so peacock, whatever the hell you want to call it. I'm not actually do to pick up paramount again for Champions League, which is the only reason I ever have paramount.
Speaker 2: And you duck in and you duck out, that's what you do. It's like you just get it monthly for Champions League and then you're done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically that's all there is to it.
Speaker 2: And then they try to try to come back, is like, come on back, We'll give you a deal.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, man, it's too much.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 5: There's too much going on. Yeah, it's it's gonna be. It's gonna be. One of the things like it with baseball specifically, I know we have the issue of there's too much going on and it's impossible to watch games because it's frequently kind of the joke of God, why can't we just go back to watching games on TBSH jokes on you. The games will playoff gas will be on TBS. But even playoff games aren't simplified enough because you got some on TBS, someone Fox, ESPN, I grab some. Hell, I don't know. I will recommend what I did last year, which is wait for Black Friday, cause last year I got I got like a year of Peacock for like eighteen bucks. Yes, so wait for the Black Friday streaming deals to hit. You no longer have to go stand in a Walmart line for Black Friday. If you just wait for the streaming deals to hit, you can pick those up.
Speaker 2: We got our announcer assignments for what is going to be happening for a season pass. Jake and t t are shockingly calling Messi and Friends at NYC. They get the early game on Saturday. It is Neil cek Lloyd Sam for the Revs and Charlotte seven thirty seven forties, Caanjie and Danny are in Columbus for Orlando and Crewe. Krackour and any Baba are in Montreal for Chicago and FC Montreal. Callum and Kaylin are going to be at Red Bull Arena calling Atlanta United and Red Bulls. It is Rogo and Heath Pearce in Austin for COPA. Tajas, Tyler and Kindra are at LAFC in FC Dallas. Nate mccatie gets a home game with Lori Lindsay calling Sporting hosting the Loons. Tony husband Ross Smith Tony gets a home game Tony and Ross get a home game Nashville and FC Cincinnati, Christian Miles Devin Kerr for Colorado and Toronto, Max Brettos, Max and Dunny are in RSL, so Donny gets a home game, Max comes to Rio Tinto for the Portland match, and Keith and Moe get a home game for LA and Vancouver. Blake Price Paul Dolan travels south of the border for San Jose and All Caps. Nate Bakati Lorie Lindsay will get the doubleheader, so they get the eight thirty games Saturday night and then they get the six fifteen game with Philadelphia and DC. So that's your announcer assignments, as recently posted by MLS Communications at MLS Underscore pr for those of you that wish to follow along on the twitters. So, David, is the Club World Cup marketed?
Speaker 5: Well, not really, although it's not short answer, it's not.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: I almost feel like this is a bit like the old argument on women's sports. Make it available, straightforward and marketed and see how it plays.
Speaker 5: But the it's just what they'd be expecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So well, yeah, we don't do that here now.
Speaker 2: Adam Crafton says multiple industry sources who spoke anonymously to protect business relationships say the president's personal involvement meaning Infantino President's personal involvement, signifies the level of concern that has gripped the organization for the inaugural, revamped thirty two team Club World Cup. Remember it's thirty two teams now, it's not just like the Party of Eight like it was before. Scheduled to take place here in the US in June and July from middle June to middle July next year, FIFA yet to announce broadcasters, venues, training bases or sponsors nine months away. Real Madrid Byron Munich, Man City, PSG and Chelsea are also yet to be told formally the participation money or prize money that will be available to the competition. The Athletic has been told Europe's biggest clubs have budgeted for an anticipated windfall and excess of fifty million dollars and in some cases significantly more. Yet it is increasingly unclear how FIFA will fund this, and that's Crafton's words. FIFA previously in discussions with Apple over a global streaming deal to broadcast the tournament, but the deal was not completed. Meaning FIFA had to open up the tender in July of this year, two months ago to attract broadcast sponsors from around the world to take on the first two editions of the Club World Cup in twenty five and twenty nine. FIFA is still yet to announce any deals, sources within the broadcast industry stating FIFA's financial expectations are wildly different to the value currently perceived by TV networks and streaming platforms. With the final weeks of the tournament also clashing with big ticket events including the Women's euro and Wimbledon next summer, broadcasters have misgivings over the audience's familiarity with the Club World Cup. Also, there are concerns that some of the world's most popular teams Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool BARSA ACMs have failed to qualify for the competition. I'll Nasser have also not qualified, while the involvement of Lionel Messi's Inter Miami is in the balance, With FIFA still to announce how it plans to allocate the final host place for the tournament, expectation is it will go to the winners of this season's MLS Cup.
Speaker 1: Wild card. Messi and Friends.
Speaker 2: I still think that that wild card is going to go to Messian Friends, especially if it is not so they don't.
Speaker 5: Win the Cup. Yeah, it's obvious. It's a marketing game. It's this. This is a television show.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. It is a television show.
Speaker 5: Y'all can call it whatever you want and complain whatever you want about whether or not Miami deserves it. And they've been great, don't get me wrong. But ultimately, even if they didn't win the Shield, didn't win the Cup, let's say they got hammered in the first round, it's still a television show and they care who tunes in, and people tune in for Messy, correct, So they're gonna take him am in.
Speaker 1: This week the athletics.
Speaker 2: David Berson, the president of CEO of CBS Sports, whether it is looking at the Club World Cup, given it already has a billion and a half dollars deal over the next six years to broadcast UEFA Competitions, Champions League, Europa League, Conference League, as well as Siria and the EFL. Berson quote, we will look at all the properties that come up. I'm not trying to avoid it, but it's gonna be on a case by case basis on the value of that. Reality is we now have Markee European football content almost all year long, so we have to see what the incremental value is for that period of time. And I'll tell you the new format for UEFA club competitions is even longer. It's close to fifty percent or so for more matches, more of the big teams against each other. A lot of volume there determining whether or not the incremental content that you're referring to would be worthwhile and add value. But we're thrilled with the portfolio we have. Infantino is now holding a briefing call for global broadcast execs today is when it's scheduled, joined by PSG President Nasural Khalafi, who will be present in his role as the chairman of the European Clubs Association. ECA is essentially a lobbying organization representing the interests of the clubs who compete regularly in UEFA club competitions. ECA previously signed a memorandum of understanding with FIFA back in March of twenty three, after which al Khalafi said FIFA and ACA will now establish closer working practices on a future new Club World Cup blah blah blah blah blah. Close collaboration, Infantino said with clubs in Europe and the rest of the world will be essential for the success of those events. Eighteen months on, according to Crafton, clubs have been profoundly frustrated by FIFA appearing to seek to do much of the work in house without informing them regularly the process or what to expect when the tournament comes round. When the tournament comes around, all Khalafi's presence at the call on Fridays and indication FIFA is now attempting to bring the clubs in the room after failing so far to strike necessary deals. So this is Adam Crafton over at the Athletic which is now in my Times dot com and then they link to they do a hashtag Athletic.
Speaker 1: Et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So the Club World Cup, for those of you that might be interested, don't know where it's going to be and we are ten nine months.
Speaker 1: Out, don't know.
Speaker 2: Who's broadcasting it, don't know where the venues are here, it's office, hd HQ and SDHHQ. All we got to do is go eight miles behind us, eight miles to the west. You got a venue. I don't think it'll be hard to get that one filled and just have to coordinate it with all the folks that are down there. So intriguing at the very least about the Club World Cup and seeing where things are, what they are and who's going to be doing what and who's going to be doing what where. So keep an eye on the Club World Cup and what it's going to be happening over the next nine months. According to once again the Athletic, the FA and US Soccer and talks to stage and international friendly between England and the men's national team before the Men's World Cup in twenty six MJ. Shrimper and Adam Crafton had the news on that, and that's another one. I have a subscription to the Athletic. I have to remember to get rid of it by the end of the year because I didn't get rid of it at the renewal time and they got me for the full price. Traditionally, I don't go full price for the Athletic. I don't think that I like the Athletic for their international stuff. I'm liking it more and more for their international stuff. I don't read it for the domestic, but perhaps maybe a subscription to ny Times and getting the athletic loop around would probably be helpful there when it comes to all of that. All right, So we talked about what's going on in the Premier League this weekend. A lot of to keep an eye on, and the biggest one obviously is Manchester City and Arsenal. Kevin de Bruna was injured over the.
Speaker 1: Champions League match this past time.
Speaker 2: No word on him and what it's gonna look like for him, Will check the sources coming up in just a bit. Busy Day eight matches on Saturday two on Sunday, Manchester City and Arsenal's your marquee matchup eleven thirty on Sunday morning. West Ham and Chelsea. Chelsea favorite on the road aston Villa big favorite at home against Wolves. Full of a slight road dog at home a slight home dog hosting Newcastle at Craven Cottage. Lester a home favorite against Everton. Sean Diish was having to refute stories about him having a buyout already. Liverpool big favorite at home against Bournemouth. Southampton favored at home against Ipswich. Tottenham a big favorite at home against Brentford Crystal Palace a dog at home at Selhurst Park against Manchester United. Brighton favored at home against Nottingham Forest. Manchester City favored at home in a minus one nineteen against Arsenal. Arsenal is a plus three sixty two. So intriguing stuff there when it comes to the weekend, it is the return of the.
Speaker 1: Women's Super League, So keep an eye on that and checking.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see gossip rumering in you window and see if there's anything out there. Manchester City, the thought is, how would they set up if they do not have Kevin de Brune in the lineup, So you have a Phodin Grealish and gun to one all could start and so you've got to keep an eye on that once again. Fix your fantasy teams and see how how it all shapes up with all of them folks and see how So it's a hamstring injury that he was sidelined with the beginning of the twenty four season regular so far this year, left after feeling discomfort in the first half. Apparently he grabbed his growing grimacing on the pitch. Replaced by gun To want So, Pep said at his press conference. Asked about de Bruna. He's like and this was midweek, hadn't spoken with doctors yet, more information when he does assess him on Thursday. Look into the future for city, you wonder what it's going to look like and is it now going to be Phil Foden, So it could be gun to Wan Fodin, Grealish, Nunyaz Silva, Covidcicic and maybe Oscar Bob to be a part of the layout there and we'll see what it looks like for Manchester City. Let's roll through the papers and kind of see what's going on, seeing if there was anything that we missed early this morning. Let's see if there's any updates and then we'll go to Gossip Broomer and then you indo what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it, all of that stuff. Chelsea have applied for an agent's multi million pound lawsuit to be thrown out of court. The club believes that Saife Al Ruby's claim has been incorrectly filed, that Kurt Zuma's transferred dispute should be arbitrated. That comes from Matt Law at our friends at the Telegraph.
Speaker 1: As you're keeping an eye on that.
Speaker 2: Let's see we mentioned all the fun with Manchester City and what they could be in store for Steve Cooper and all the stuff that he could be in store for. No word yet from the PGMOL about any kind of finger wag and or envelope or fine for Steve Cooper, who's accusing the PGMO wel of using false images in the matchup against in the decisions against Lester. So you know, keep an eye on that and hold your breath if you're a Lester fan. Sorry nix about all of that stuff. Let's see. Word out of Australia is Football Australia scrambling to find a new coach With the next couple around the qualifiers. Graham Arnold stepped down as the Soccer US head coach with immediate effect on Friday. He'd been in dialogue with Football Australia this week ironing out an exit strategy from a role he's held since twenty eighteen and now resigned before their next game against China in October. Fay confirmed the news on Friday. Arnold said later it was time for a change.
Speaker 1: Bart.
Speaker 2: We'll put that up, put a bookmark in that. We'll talk about it on Monday about Graham Arnold and the soccer US. So I know it's a little bit of an international thing, but I wanted to discuss that with you also. As what we're staring at, we'll go over the results from the Champions League yesterday, and it looks like it's somewhat calm heading into the weekend when it comes to news. Obviously a lot of folks are sitting there and looking at Manchester City and Arsenal on Sunday morning our time. Anyway, as to what it's going to look like, ooh yeah, we'll talk about this. We'll talk about this from the Times Matt Lawton and when Matt Lawton has a byeline, it's kind of like a request head you don't want it.
Speaker 1: And England hooligan is banned.
Speaker 2: After the first use of facial technology overseas. Joshua thirty four, who seriously assaulted a fellow England supporter Why why would you assault a fellow supporter during the Euros in twenty twenty four, has received a three year banning order. Witness to the incident took a photo of Wall, gave it to the police and wa was staring right into that camera. Phone Football hooligan seriously assaulted another fan three year banning order after they use facial recognition technology, left his victim of a broken john a broken nose. After England's group game against Serbia and Gelsenkirkin on June sixteen. Witness to the incident managed to take a photograph of Wah, who also received an indefinite band from the England Supporters Travel Club, passed it to police operation between the UK Football Police Unit, Cheshire Police their German counterparts. Officers then used retrospective facial recognition technology and SolV, a mass messaging app that enabled to identify the suspect. Image was used in a witness appeal used via SolV got fifty four thousand hits of the police who identify him. In total, eleven people who attended the tournament in Germany have so far been issued football banning orders and another three cases due to be heard in court next week. Of the eleven. Of those, eleven were identified via RfR, which compares still images of faces of unknown subjects against a reference image database. While appeared to Middlesbrough Magistrate's Court on Wednesday. While the German police have yet to take an the action, court agree to the banning order. I'm just gonna say this, a three year banning order after an assault three years, I don't care. Joshuas should not be involved in any venue to see any match ever again, except the venue being his flat and what he's watching comes across on the television. I'm guessing that he's lucky that all they had was that video evidence of the assault. And if you're punished to the highest extent of the law, I'm all for it. But when it comes to going to witness matches, Nope, you're done. You want to use that facial technology to get him charged? Use the facial technology walking in the door. Joshua does not need to be in any other venue seeing any other match ever, ever, ever again. Watch him from home, cowboy, watch him from home. So good on him for having this technology. Good on him for finding out who it was, and the fact that you wanted to assault a fellow England supporter. We support the same team. But I don't like what you said. I'm guessing, and so Joshua convicted of assault only a three year banning order. That's disappointing. Joshua has no business being in any venue ever again.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 2: Again, but Hazaz and Herahz on facial technology being used to find to find him out.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so.
Speaker 2: That's a step, but still not big enough of a step to make sure that somebody is not allowed in any venue ever again because you felt compelled to assault a fellow supporter. You assaulted a fellow English supporter. What in the wide world of sports are you thinking?
Speaker 1: I'd love to know? But anyway, uh, Manchester United.
Speaker 2: Whened Foster and partners to develop an Old Trafford master plan, I find that interesting that the word master plan was used, considering that's an Oasis song. So you you use a headline involving a Manchester City fan group or brothers who are fans of Manchester City in your headline involving Manchester United, I appreciate the irony in that. All Right, Gossip, Bermer and Innuenda will get into that, and then we'll go what to watch Where to watch it? At least for Friday Saturday. Remember at Lant United seven thirty seven forty start seven thirty on Apple TV six thirty is your kickoff for the pregame show with Abe and Garrett.
Speaker 1: Ninety two nine.
Speaker 2: The game in the Odyssey app Mike and Jason have the call and a full hour of the the full time report afterward for Atlanta United and Red Bulls up North. Manchester United set to offer Kobe mainn who a bumper new contract. According to Fabrizio Romano could move for Bayern Munich, Leon Garretzka, with the futures of Christian Erickson and Cassamiro in doubt. Newcastle Spurs, Manchester United all chasing on held Gomez from Leal he's out of contract at the end of the season. Remembers of the discussion we had yesterday with Nino about Victor yokoresh Spurs Chelsea PSG leading the race to get him from Sporting could be a bumper day if Sporting at the end of the season was to win the Portuguese Premiera Aliga and then they move yokoresh On. I hope they put a slap a big price tag on it. Liverpool Abbey good to see him. Liverpool, considering Juve's Gleason twenty seven is their ideal replacement for Virgil van Dyke. Newcastle monitoring eighteen year old north Hill Endo Norway forward Sindre walle Egeley does the next Airling Holland west Ham Crystal Palace, Brighton, Brentford also interested in the twenty five million pound rated teenager. Liverpool monitoring Milosh Kirksh from Bournemouth. Lever Cusan's Jeremy Frimpong is on Chelsea's five man shortlist to replace Reech gm James. Chelsea will not loan out seventeen year old winger stevl Willion when he joins from Paul Maris next summer. In our Milan wants to sign Arsenal's Tomiyasu in January, Gunner's asking for twenty five million pounds Manchester City ego to start talks with Ederson with the Brazilian deal set expire in the summer twenty twenty six. Joellenton wants to end his career in his native Brazil, remains committed to the Magpies for now. Southampton's eighteen year old Tyler dibbling on Manchester United's radar after impressing Dan Ashworth what to watch, where to watch, how to watch it? If I could spell soccer America, that's another subscription that I have that's attached to the sport. But yeah, I have Finaates too, fntz dot co o slash soccer down here. And then if you were to get soccer down, if you were to get fints, you.
Speaker 1: Truly, truly, truty, truly.
Speaker 2: Would be a in an absolute degenerate when it comes to what you watch back on Cameron just a second.
Speaker 1: You've got to try and uh, where is it? Where is it?
Speaker 4: Where is it?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 1: It is okay today?
Speaker 2: Once again, there is a lot of college soccer going on a lot. There's a lot of college soccer going on. So you have being and being an Espanol simulcasting nice and san antiena two forty five. Once again, that's League uh. And that's how I keep track of Caleb Wiley. Caleb Wiley right now was given the last match off at Strasburg because of his return from international duty in the U twenties, and so Caleb Wiley was not in the lineup for Strasburg last week. But full disclosure, this is how I make sure that I'm keeping an eye on everything in League UH is through finaates. Once again, fntz dot co slash soccer down here gets you fifteen percent off your purchase and you get to keep an eye on Strasburg Caleb Wiley and everything going on in league. Uh And well, right now Strasburg mill the table and we are are trying to plan some things involving our friends at Strasburg and hopefully we can make sure that we can get done what we want to get done with our friends from Strasburg. Looking forward to hanging out and seeing what we can do, and as we keep an eye on Caleb Wiley and what Caleb is doing in Strasburg and in league. Uh So, yeah, that's how the Abby had asked once before, It's like, how are you how are you looking at Strasburg. Well, it's through finances. So once again infantz dot slash soccer down here and that gets you into all of the activity. And I mean they've got finances. What does finances have They have a CEO, Domesterra Tela, FDA fans, all the b ns, so you can get some lbertadors and soon Americana and you get to go and hang out. And I mean they've added Lega one Max recently and so you've got all of that activity that's there all right. The rest of Friday, looking at what to watch Canadian Premier League on the FS two at eight once again their regular seasons winding down York and Cavalry at eight o'clock. ESPN de Portase at three, oliveson Sevilla. Fox de Portchase at two is airing the league that we neither condone endorsenoor support two to na Atlason Cadet Todo at eight thirty. Amazon Prime the NWSL match of the week Kansas City in Washington. ESPN Plus has Belgian Pro League Dutch Air diviz at two o'clock, Bundesliga at two twenty, Bundesliga two at twelve thirty Shawka and Darmstad and Laaliga with Elaves and Sevilla at three. Fox Soccer Plus has a double header in the league that we neither condone endorsenoor support. In. WSL Plus has BAFC Orlando Pride at ten thirty. Paramount Plus very busy Syria Weekend begins at twelve thirty Caliary Empolie, Hellas, Verona Trino two forty five, Stoke City Whole City three o'clock in the Championship and they gets you three Friday. So that is what to watch, Where to watch it, how to watch it and keep an eye on our friend Poppy Miller. We need to get Poppy back on the show. As a matter of fact, we need to see what's going wrong with her. All right, we are almost too eleven thirty. Once again, thanks to all of y'all for putting up with me troubleshooting for the first seven minutes of Silence on the show, because well, I'm an idiot and so you know, keeping an eye on all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: And I fixed something. Holy crap, I actually fixed something.
Speaker 2: So that's all I know and looking forward to seeing you know how many of you make the trip to Red Bull Arena for a Land United and for Red Bulls. If you don't make the trip, you got all the college action going on, You've got all the lower division stuff going on. Go see a game and go support a team that you haven't had the chance to go watch. You want to do something dayside so you can get ready for it. Land United night side on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Do that.
Speaker 2: Go to a college game, go to a lower division game, find something there. At least I fixed it on the fly, says I should be proud of myself. Well, I fixed it on silence. I would have felt better if we were all kind of work, shopping and talking our way through. It felt like I was having a conversation with myself even though I was typing to the rest of you. So keeping an eye on all that stuff. But we'll be back obviously Monday morning. We'll go through everything. I want to ask Bart about Graham Arnold and the soccer is. I want to ask Bart about what's going on in the world of international play with his bulloved arsenal in Manchester City. We'll probably end up talking about that on Monday morning. Ab will be in at nine point fifteen. We'll discuss at Landy United and Red Bulls. Bart will be in at ten. We'll have reughing down here and that'll get us off and running for yet another week here on SDH. Thanks to all of you guys for coming in every single day and being a part of the twitch, pitch on the studio audience and all the different ways that we put things out and being a part of all of our great content. So once again, thanks for dropping by being a part of things here at SDH. In the morning show tonight, it is amazing Creek side on GPB, so you'll see me wearing different clothing tonight starting at seven thirty on GPBGPB Dot organ the GPB Sports at high school football is already at the one half way mark at the regular season, one third of the way through it all. So the sprint begins or the sprint continues begin Hell, who am I kidding? Sprint continues all across the board with football and football unk as always. Great to see you, great to see everybody. Will be back at it again nine oh five Monday Morning. Could take you through the weekend and talk about it all. And so now that means that since it is Friday, and there's only one thing that we do on Friday to wrap things up, we go with the long version before we're all out of here. So once again, thanks for being a part of things here on SDH. Be back at it again, nine oh five Monday morning. Plate safe, everybody, enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 1: War was.
Speaker 3: On the keys.
Speaker 6: I'm the typewriter head, sharp points sticking into our fingers, The dictating equipment starting to exking us questions and our beepers sends electric shocks just through our.
Speaker 3: Body like a cattle prod.
Speaker 5: I'm in the warehouse.
Speaker 6: The trucks kept banging into the docks, not even thinking about stopping a frail Bodies were strapped to the chairs and our chairs were chained.
Speaker 3: To the desks.
Speaker 6: Our please for justice were ignored, and the end seemed near. But we busted our save drivers, little bitty balls we've judged cilier, breakfatress the streets. Our hearty guys Hats Friday, Friday
Speaker 1: Day Day