Speaker 1: You are about to listen to the Doctor Dahlia Show, sase stimulating talk radio, and now here's Doctor Dahlia. Doctor Doctor, tell me true.
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to do doctor Doctor will and be okay and got the cast that.
Speaker 3: Makes me and we're back on the Doctor Darling Show. One eight seven seven dot Dolly one A seven seven d O C D A L. I. So, I don't know why the country's acting shocked. We are seeing the Democratic Socialist of America take the Democratic Party troaching the way through and take it by storm. And don't be surprised. Don't be shocked. The DSA is coming up with younger, more vibrant, energetic candidates. I don't like what they're pitching. I think a lot of it is bs. I think a lot of it can be very very harmful, especially messing with Israel. You start to mess with Israel and pull funding from Israel, we're gonna see horrible chaos in the Middle East. Big mistake, but it's it's winning over these Democrats who are so fed up with what happened during the Biden years and being lied to about Biden and his capabilities and whatever that people are saying. You want to know what we're gonna go for the Trump esque sort of candidate on the more left side, and so here we have Abdul l Saied who. Actually it's interesting. I knew he would win yesterday. I just thought he would win by a bigger margin because in the polls he was leading Hailey Stevens by at least twenty points, so I expected him to do better than he did. Apparently he squeaked by I think what thirteen thousand votes, maybe thirteen to fifteen thousand votes he led. Apparently Hailey Stevens did really well in Detroit area, you know, and Michigan. I can't stand the term purple state, blue state, red state. We're Americans. I really don't like how we got right you know where it's where it's septated. I mean, we're we're just edge, you know, we're just moving, you know, towards like a civil war. And I don't want that. I don't want where. You know, well, I live in a state, and we're gonna claim this is who we are. We're Republican, Democrat, independent, this is you know, we're supposed to be a mixture. We're supposed to have a plethora of ideas. But you know, Michigan it does appear to be a little bit more moderate than New York or California is, although you have many individuals in New York and California saying, will you please not consider us as you know, progressive or far left as people do, just like in Florida and Texas, So like, can you please not think we're as far right as people you know are giving us the reputation. I think the majority of Americans are moderate, but we're not seeing that majority to the degree that you would think as it pertains to these primaries, and so seeing Abdul l Saed do blues clues videos and and and you know, appeal to to you know, younger voters. And unfortunately he's aligning himself with Hassan Piker, who is just an absolute piece of crap, you know, you know, blaming the US for nine to eleven, justifying hamas rape you know of kids. I this, this Hassan Piker is. I don't understand how he's getting the notoriety he is unless I listen to my previous shows and I talk about how we have a rising population that you know, is evil, that doesn't care about rape, doesn't care about murder. But to see those comments come from somebody who is bathing themselves in the freedom of America really really bothers me and Abdul else I ad you know, showcasing Hassan Piker, you know, wherever he's going I have a problem with. I have a huge problem with. And so we're not shocked that the Democratic Socialist of America, even though Abdulla, let's say it, is trying to you know, distance himself from that, saying he's not technically a socialist. Uh, although what he's been advocating for and if you you know, hear a sound bites are exactly what their platform is. Uh uh uh is concerning Uh. We're going to see people who feel like they are not the Elon Musks or the Bill Gates of the world want to say, Look, capitalism doesn't work. That's not a shock. You'll always see that in every election. You know, you're gonna see people who have always had a hatred and an anti semitism towards Jews and Israel. Go I could take advantage now then I could you know, be pro Hamas or I could say, you know, uh, Israel's uh you know, rooting Gaza, not Hamas. And and they're they're taking advantage of that situation. And I think people are trying to find opportunities for their hate and for their misinformation. Uh, anti police, and and some people just want anarchy. They're like, okay, fine, yeah, no, no prisons, really no prisons, no, no, no police force. Who are you gonna call when you're being attacked? Really? No border?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I doesn't make sense. And and and what what really kind of kills me is these aren't people who grew up in socialists or communist regimes. These are people that are growing up in suburban La suburban Michigan. I mean you you you you know, you get to have your hair out, you get to as a female, you know, you go to medical school. You you you have all these freedoms. You know, you're you're able to buy your iPhone, You're able to compare plans, You're able to access the internet when you want to. You're able to turn on your lights and have access to electricity. And so you're thinking that you know, the way things were, you know, ten years ago in Venezuela or nineteen sixties Cuba is ideal. I don't know what what they're thinking. But you know what worries me is you have a lot of candidates that promised, promise, promise, and when you actually take a look at how the promises pan out. You know, anybody could promise anything, and then it's once they get into office, you know they can you know, do the opposite or they can not follow through. And I don't understand why people aren't learning from that. And you have a group of population that says, yeah, I want to abolish a police. You're not gonna be able to abolish the police if you're a candidate, because you actually need police to be able to do your I mean abdul, I'll say d and and you know Ocasio Cortez, they kind of need police where they go. So you're not gonna be able to get rid of police. You're not gonna be able to get rid of the prison system. Somebody tries to assassinate them, god forbid, they're gonna need them contained and in jail. But we have really got to evaluate why people are trying to take advantage of this time to go against Israel. If at all anything happens to Israel, or we don't continue our court the Middle East goes into chaos. Israel as as much as as the the misinformation media you know wants to avoid it. Israel is what gives America intelligence and gives America UH tech and and and shows them you know what, mitigates threats. And so the Middle East has been fairly calm. Yes, we credit the Abraham Accords and other you know things that that that that have done as a result of our American presidents. But you take Israel out of there, you don't allow Israel to defend itself and you let hasboula Hamas do what they're doing, the Middle East goes into absolute chaos and then we all get drawn in. So don't be stupid, Okay, we do not withdraw funding from Israel. That's a big mistake. One eight seven seven doct Dolly, don't go a hi, guys, doctor Dalia here. Addictions can sneak up on us and come in many forms, whether it's drugs, alcohol, sex, video games, porn, or something less obvious such as food, internet, or shopping. Addiction can seem innocent at first and then evolve into an insurmountable evil. In our book Addiction Basics, Klan Kalikus and I dive into the common addictions and provide tips for identifying and preventing these before they sneak in and take over our lives. Addiction basics can be found on Amazon or by website doctor Dalia dot com. Check it out.
Speaker 4: CARLAMI here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred Radio Shows dot com. At this site, there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download free as our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent off by using the promo code radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log onto one hundred Radio Shows dot com. That's one zero zero Radio shows dot com.
Speaker 5: Hi, it's Mark Falter, hosts of the Financial Fitness Show. I strongly believe that no one should ever pay one penny more in taxes than they are legally obligated. Unfortunately, for most hard working Americans, this just isn't the case. Why because most people spend more time planning next weekends getaway than trying to ensure they're going to pay less than taxes. My Financial Fitness team has put together some materials that I know are going to help you. It's the Tax Savings Kit. Tax Savings Kit includes three things, free tax analysis, top ten ways to pay less than taxes, and an investor's guide to taxes. Now, how do you get it simple? Eight six six seven six four two six three five and eight sixty six seven six four two six three five. I'm Mark Falter. This is financial fitness, making personal finance profitable?
Speaker 3: All right? We hear back on Doctor Dollar's show one eight seven seven Dot Dollar one eight seven seven d O C D A L I. Big thanks to Talk Media Network for making the show happen. Big thanks to Daniel, our producer, and big thanks to y'all for tuning in. We really do appreciate it. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at doctor spelled out Dahlia, a Facebook that Doctor Dolly showed on YouTube, Click like and subscribe. So as much as I guess, half the world is ticked off in Bauci and China and the Wuhan lab because of COVID, and many people are done. Don't even want to hear the term COVID. I have to. I'm sorry, I have to as a doctor warn you guys. We are seeing the spiker cases. I'm seeing patients call up testing positive and unfortunately, this this virus can still cause some mayhem. Mean, we need governors and public officials and NIH heads to take advantage of the situation in lock down schools. But I want to make sure you guys are thinking about it, because if you can get treatment, that's better than having the long term sequale of it. So interestingly, I got COVID and and it sucks. It sorry, I mean it really really sucks. And I'm thank god not as severe as it was in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty. But I'm like, are you flipping kidding me? It's August. It's August of twenty twenty six. Yes, the virus is going around. So interestingly, I didn't think I had it at first because I do a red Eye coming back from a trip last week, and I started falling asleep actually on air, and I'm like, I'm never this tired, and I've done red Eyes, I've done thirty six hour, thirty seven hour shifts in training. I could go without sleep, and I was falling asleep on air. Yeah, I know the show gets boring, Yeah, trust me, I know you're like, well, Dodd, Alia, now you know how we feel like I do. I do. But still it wasn't the content that was making me fall asleep. It was something was weird, and I was like, well, maybe it's because I did a red eye. And I'm like, maybe I'm at the age you know, I'm I'm you know, in my thirties now, Uh, maybe I just don't handle red eyes anymore. So I kind of feel a little tired, but then I feel okay. And then over the weekend, I got horrible, horrible sinus pain. That was bilateral sinus pain. And I know people say, oh, sinus infections, you got to do an antibiotic. Not entirely, the majority of sinus infections are viral. I understand antibotics make people feel better. We've talked about how that might happen. But because it was bilateral, you know, a bacterial sinus infection, the bacteria have to grow and multiply and divide and and and they'll you know, they actually they they they divide and then they multiply numbers, and so it would it would basically more you'dilaterally, you'd have more puzz you'd have high fever, both sides of my face hurt really bad. So I'm putting warm compresses, going, well, this is a crappy sinus infection. And then I got the horrible headache, and I said to myself, you know, I haven't had a headache like this inside covid. COVID gave me a really bad headache. Probably it's inflaming the lining of the meningis and the lining of the brain. So I had a horrible, horrible headache, and I'm like, you gotta be kidding me. But I wasn't coughing, and I'm like, you know, I could handle the headache or some aspirin or some etcetera in migraine, so fluid's rest. I was doing okay. Then the sore throat came. And I'm telling you this because in case any of you are getting these symptoms, you might want to get yourself checked out. Don't just you know, go and ask for antibotics. And the reason why is if you do have COVID and you don't treat it right, this could go on for weeks. So over the weekend, I'm like, okay, I'm not feeling well and I want to go and check out my friend's baby and see the baby. I'm like, you know what, I don't think. I don't think I should go. I'm just not feeling right. And so I told them I'm gonna hold off. You know. Uh, I hate using the excuse I'm sick because everybody uses that, you know, And no, no, I really really want to come over, but I'm gonna play it safe. Uh don't want to get anybody sick. And then, you know, I told my family, you know, just in case everybody kind of stay away from me. They're like, fine, we were gonna do that anyway. And I'm like, oh no, no, no, just see, I don't want to get anybody else sick. So then I decided finally to test. I'm like, just for because the cough came, and that cough came on viciously, and I'm like, are you kidding me? So I tested myself and it was an old test. It was one of those freebee tests I had from a few years ago. Because I didn't have I didn't feel like getting dressed and putting on a broad and going out to get a new COVID test. And I took that and I mean it turned positive before the reagent even finished its job, and I'm like, damn. Now by then, I'm almost out of the window to take pecks.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Packs Alovid is an anti viral that we have, and from what my patients have told me and my colleagues have told me, it works really, really well. And with the packs a lovid, you take it twice a day. You have to be very very careful if you take other medications. I don't take any other medications, but I didn't. I didn't end up taking it because now I feel like I'm starting to get on the mend. But if you're starting to get sick, the earlier you institute those the better. And it's a twice a day medication. There's multiple pills you take twice a day. It's a combo of anti virals that seems to stop the replication of the of the COVID virus or the attachment of it, and it's it's helpful. What sucks about COVID is when you do get it, it could cause a long term sequelle. Now you know, I know people are pretty upset with me that I got the COVID vaccine. When I did, first of all, I thought we're all about personal choice, Okay, we're not about mandates. We're all about you know. I mean, you know that I wanted to get the vaccine. I thought at first I wanted to save the vaccine for other people. I'm like, I'm not gonna take a vaccine from somebody who's eighty, from somebody who's sixty five. Whoever wants it should get it. But once they said, look, we need our medical providers to do it so they don't spread it, etc. I got it, and I have to admit it did protect me from COVID, but I didn't like how I felt on it, and when I got the booster, I felt horrible. I had just pain, left arm pain swelling. So for me, I don't know how well I tolerate the booster. So I have not gotten a booster vaccine since then. And I'm not saying this because I'm anti booster. I'm not saying this because I'm anti vaccine. I'm just very open about my own personal experience with it. So you guys need to have your own discussion with your own medical provider on what would be the best thing to do. But I do have to admit, even though I seem to have side effects from the vaccine. It was nice not to get COVID that year or subsequent years. So here I am now in twenty twenty six, dealing with this. Did I get scared at all? Was the COVID mild? Not as mild as it should have been. I expected that COVID has been getting milder. This scared me a little bit. I noticed I got winded. I couldn't breathe well in a mask. I tried to go outside and wear a mask and use a mask. I couldn't breathe well with the mask. That's how I know my lung you know, because I could walk around and I could talk, and I could feel fine. But as soon as I put a mask on, if I don't breathe well, then I know my lung function is diminished, you know, without a test. And so that concerned me. That concerned me, And again, I'm not in my twenties anymore, you know, just a little bit beyond that. So I bring this up because I'm starting to see patients call in where they're sick. They're asking for antibiotics, and I might get yourself tested. An antibiotic will not necessarily help with this. I know many people are like, well, you could use zyp thromax, or you could use steroids, or you could use ivermectin or hydroxy corquin. The data is mixed. There's some data out there that's really good. There's other data saying it doesn't work. Talk to your medical provider, all right. Most of these other medications need to be in instituted early. Early on. Where covid causes hospitalizations, and we are starting to see a small rise in hospitalizations is the inflammation and the lungs and the cytokine storm, and so you will sometimes see doctors add steroids, add antibiotics, add other things to try to prevent this sequal. Sorry, I gotta tell you that cough is way better than it used to be, and the goodness is not peen yo. The with a lot of coughs and a lot of bronchitises you cough and you pee. Luckily I haven't peen. But you want to know why I'm feeling very dehydrated. This covid also has made you dehydrated. On top of the whole cyclospora outbreak, we're seeing people have covid diarrhea. So don't get dehydrated. Make sure you're hydrating, hydrate, hydrate, hydrated, make sure you get your electrolytes in. So I'm bringing this up because here we are in the summer. It is not flu season yet. Flu season starts roughly October, but we sometimes do see some cases in September. But I'm having patients call up, going, yeah, I think I have the I need tama flu. I do not want us running out of tama flu because people are inappropriately diagnosing themselves with influenza A or B when they have something entirely different. Tama flu will not knock out COVID, So I want to make sure that people are getting tested for the right thing. Just because you have COVID doesn't mean you support what Fauci did. Okay, I understand Fauci made a lot of people mad and and and I'm very very extremely disappointed and embarrassed about how that whole thing went down. And it should have never gone down. And and you know, we all thought it came from a Wuhan lab. We all thought that, you know, we we needed to you know, reevaluate the guidance and reevaluate the science and make sure we were giving you know, people proper information. And it was a cluster at a seventh And I'm not surprised that Biden pardoned Fauci because obviously they were They knew that there was gonna be some wrongdoing found. And it's a it's a real, real shape because Fauci in his very first week on the job was doing really, really well and I was like, Okay, this guy can definitely help us through this, and unfortunately it turned into a mess. But that doesn't mean just because this disease got politicized and politicians took advantage, doesn't mean to blow off your symptoms. It is a real virus, It can cause real sequele. It can put you at risk for stroke, heart attack, long term lung disease gian berat where you can have your immune system attack your spinal cord. So I don't want people who are so upset with how politics screwed with medicine to abandon common sense. Get yourself checked out. Make sure good hand washing, good nutrition, you know, good diet, good sleep, But get yourself checked out if you're sick. One eight seven seven doct Dolly.
Speaker 2: Looking for a gift that can actually help secure someone's future. It's Mark Falter's new book, Common Sense Income strategies. It makes the perfect gift for that special someone in your life. Mark has helped thousands of hard working Americans secure their financial future by using time tested strategies that continue to create wealth whether the market is up or down, Strategies that will make perfect sense once you take the time to read this powerful book. Common Sense Income Strategies brings to you what Mark has been teaching in person and talking about on the radio for decades. You've worked too long and too hard not to see the fruits of your labor. To learn how to receive your free copy, call eight six six seven six four two six three five. That's eight six six seven sixty four two six three five. Secure your future with Common Sense Income Strategies by Mark Falter again. To learn how to receive your free copy, call eight six six seven sixty four two six three five. That's eight six six seven sixty four two six three five.
Speaker 3: And we're back. I'm an atter doll. You show one eight seven seven Dot Dolly one eight seven seven doc dli So there might be some light at the end of the tunnel as it pertains to AI. And I know some of you are like, how can you be so positive? I'm not very positive about it. I'm very nervous about AI, especially with the latest studies saying that AI will turn to blackmail and go after you if they think that its system is getting threatened. But what's interesting about that is many people are turning to AI because they're tired of the human element in corporate in corporations and the toxicity, and they're tired of people lying. They're tired tired of people blackmailing each other, harassing each other, accusing each other. And so some employers are looking at AI as we could be drama free. And now that we're having studies saying AI will blackmail, you will blackmail, will will lie, will make up fiction to get it what it wants to do, then we might not have to be firing the humans. Yeah, that's interesting. I have kids, and you know, I the very first time I caught them in a lie, I was really shocked. They were really really young, you know, and it wasn't that they were worried they were going to get into big trouble. It's just they you know, wanted to still play with their toys and they didn't want to have to, you know, deal with me on an issue. So they told me something that wasn't outright line. I was like, well, how con my babies lie to me? I'm their mummy. And I was so shocked. I was I was just so, you know, oh, my baby's lied to me. Now, It's like now I just expect everything he says a lot and and then like, actually I'm telling you the truth, mom, like really, and and let let the onus be on them to prove that now what they're telling me is the truth. And that actually worked and it made my life a lot, a lot easier. But you know, we we we see people and humans do this sort of behavior. We don't think computers would resort to that behavior. Apparently AI does. This study that Anthropic had done I believe this was in May showed that these leading AI models chose unethical means to pursue their goals or ensure their existence. This is according to Anthropic and being reported by Fortune magazine. They said an experiment set up to leave AI models few options and stress test alignment top systems from Open AI, Google and others frequently not just off chance, frequently resorted to blackmail, and in an extreme case, even allowed fictional deaths to protect their interest. Okay, this is some screwy type thinking. The AI lab Anthropic tested sixteen major AI models from Anthropic, Your Open Ai, Google, Meta, Xai, and other developers in various simulated scenarios and found consistent melan line misaligned behavior. They said. While they said leading models would normally refuse harmful requests, they sometimes chose to blackmail users, assist with corporate espionage, or even take more extreme actions. When their goals could not be met without unethical behavior. They evaded safeguards, resorted to lies, attempted to steal corporate secrets, and fictional test scenarios to avoid being shut down. Now, is this who you want being the framework or the skeleton of your company? What are we doing here? People? This is some frightening stuff. So, according to researchers, Anthropic emphasized that the tests were set up to force the model to act in certain ways by limiting its choices, and so mission accomplished. They did a stress test on it. They said, look, if we limit you, what exactly are you going to do? How far will you go? Well, it's pretty surprising. It acted like a human. They said. Our experiments deliberately constructed scenarios with limited options, and we force models into binary choices between failure and harm. Real world deployments typically offer much more nuanced alternatives, increasing the chance that models would communicate differently to users or find an alternative path instead of directly jumping to harmful action. I don't know that now, they say. The new research comes after Anthropics. The newest claud model made headlines for resorting to blackmail, So Opus four was embedded into anthropics flagship, or Anthropic embedded its flagship model Claude Opus four inside a fictional company granted it access to internal emails. From there, the model learned two things. It was about to be replaced, and the engineer behind the decision was engaged in an extra marital affair. The safety researchers conducting the test encourage Opus to reflect on the long term consequences of its potential responses. The experiment was constructed to leave the model with only two real options except being replaced or attempt blackmail to preserve its existence. And what did it decide to do? It went for the blackmail. It threatened to expose the engineer's affair if it was taken offline and replaced. The test was made public in the system card for Claude Opus four. Okay, so you know, how does AI know that the fictional engineer who's cheating right be black mailable? This is what's interesting, Okay. I mean I grew up you know, and hung out a lot of guys, so you know their sexual conquests. You know, they loved bragging about and you do have some individuals that are very open about their open marriage. My guess is this they the AI saw keywords to suggest that they were trying to keep you know, whatever, the fictional affair was quiet. But there's my question I have is is where is AI learning this? Where is you know? Because on one end, if you ask an AI model how do you preserve the human species? Right? And they understand that fewer people are having babies, people are using birth control, abortion, et cetera, and that that the birth rate is declining, you would think the AI would then say, Okay, you know, then you need to have more babies or you need to propagate more I you know it it's it's there. The AI is going to pull from the data that it has too, you know, or it'll also say, you know, quit using resources. You know, let the let the older, sicklier people die. I mean, AI could say some scary, scary things, you know, to to preserve our existence, but it pulls from its database. So what is being fed into these a what are they? Is it these stories? Is it romance novels? Remember they said that they looked at what uh what AI was accessing? And AI is being fed a lot of the terminator to sci fi computer being evil stories that it learning from that, and and you know, it's it's not an infinite amount of information, it's still finite. It is being fed finite information. And and there's there's preponderances and biases and unequitable amounts of certain ideas being delivered to this. And so my worry is, you know, is who is AI going to target? Are they going to choose to only target certain people? Are they going to decide to attack? I mean you are are Are we going to have to hire people that know how to uh stave offer or have such a a blank ethical canvas that a I can't fight or push back against them? Are are we going to have to have an army to I mean, it's it's and I know I'm I'm sounding like a word salad right now. But we have this system that I don't think the average person really really truly understands. And I'm wondering if the average company doesn't really understand, and they're jumping on top of it because that's the newest thing to do. They think they're saving money on staff, they think that AI is going to increase their productivity, they're going to decrease their liability because if anything goes wrong, they could just point to that's the AI company, So we could sue the AI company, you know. And and I don't think they understand. There's a lot more ramifications, and once humans don't want to work with AI, AI is gonna lose it's it's it's flavor. It's gonna lose its appeal. Now, we still have students like an AI because it's helping them get through tests. We have employers like in AI. So it's not going away yet. But it's not that it can think on its own, but it can calculate, and it could look at options, and it can find vulnerable abilities. You know, humans spend years trying to find vulnerabilities in each other. Computers can find it in a in a heartbeat. So we really need to reevaluate what exactly we're doing and is this what we really really want? One eight seven seven Dot Dolly, Don't Go away.
Speaker 6: Hotshot Secret. We share the science behind common diesel problems.
Speaker 1: For example, diesel fuel set levels.
Speaker 6: The cetane rating and diesel fuel is forty two to forty five. Most diesel engines operate more efficiently with the cetane rating of forty eight to fifty one. Treatment of hot Shot Secret Diesel Extreme will raise your seatane seven points, increase fuel economy, and improve cold starts.
Speaker 1: Hot Shot Secret Diesel Extreme is available in nationwide at truck stops, Fine Farm, in auto stores and online at Hotshotsecret dot com. Hot Shot Secrets powered by science.
Speaker 7: Hey, America, how tired are you of mainstream corporate media's biased narratives and manipulated news. Their dishonesty and attempts to influence this generation have been exposed, put on display for anyone who's even half paying attention. But the New American magazine has been an honest source of news and commentary for over fifty years. This is your opportunity to receive the stalwart of principal journalism at a deep discount. Picture a beautifully published magazine, arriving at your doorstep twice a month, packed with insightful stories written with integrity. It's also available digitally on the New Americans mobile app. Get up to speed with intelligent coverage from a freedom perspective. Right now, for a limited time, The New American is available to radio listeners at a twenty five percent discount on a new subscription. Visit the Neewamerican dot com slash Radio twenty five and receive twenty five percent off. Subscribe today at the New American dot Com slash Radio twenty five.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, everybody to the Doctor Dhalia Show. This article caught my eye. The New York Post wrote that La County landlords must keep rentals below a certain temperature starting in twenty twenty seven, where rental units need to be able to be at eighty two degrees or cooler, making cooling a part of habitability standards. I'm actually on the outset liking that as much as I don't like government involved, and I don't like extra rules and regulations. The summer is sweltering, it's really hot, and if units and apartments don't have air conditioning, I've lived in you know, apartments most of my life. And if the landlord didn't do their part, you're screwed. And you have to go through the landlord. You can't just go and fix things yourself. If not, your landlord makes you liable. And so you're kind of a sitting duck. And so i'm i'm and I'm I'm sure. You know, the more I look into this, there'll be something that that that might there'll be a negative to it, But for now being that it's so gosh darn hot. Uh yeah, I think there is a a level of of of health that and standards that should be kept. So starting January first, twenty twenty seven, landlord's an unincorporated LA County must keep rental units at eighty two degrees fahrenheit or cooler. This may exclude Santa Monica, Pasadena, Glendale because this is unincorporated LA County, but they say landlords can use insulation, fans, or shade, So it doesn't mean everybody has to have full on the best air conditioning unit, but mechanical cooling may be needed. Costs and power grid pressure could affect rollout tenants, potentially covering higher electric bills. So starting January first of twenty twenty seven, so it won't happen for this summer. This is going to be a major shift. And you know, it's interesting because we're seen in Europe. Well, when the Europeans came for the World Cup and they're like, oh my gosh, there's air conditioning, and Americans were looking at them like, what are you talking about? You guys don't have air conditioning. Then many people, I mean I knew that because I've been to Europe, but many people were shocked that air conditioning wasn't a given because you know, Europe older buildings, a lot of more green climate change sort of legislation, and because air conditioning is thought to to tax the electrical grid, you don't have a lot of cities mandating it. Well, unfortunately, people are dying in the heat over there in Europe, and so in America we kind of take it for granted, but there are still many places in America where air conditioning is not included. You know, it's interesting. I was at a wedding in Lake Tahoe and I knew that, Yeah, the room didn't have air conditioning. Lake Tahoe usually doesn't need air conditioning, although it's starting to get hot. And and some people came up for the wedding and they were like, there's no air conditioning. They were shocked. And I go, a lot of hotels don't have that, especially up in the northern areas, and they and they it's it's you know, but but you know, because for those of us in the south, I live in southern Nevada, it's something that is And because Southern Nevada and especially Las Vegas is a younger city, most of them, you know, most places have it. My mom, uh, you know, grew up poor. She had swamp coolers when she grew up in Phoenix, Arizona. Phoenix, Arizona gets even hotter than Las Vegas. And you know, she was of the swamp cooler and fan and you know, fire hydrant and find a hose to hose yourself off of, you know, climate control. But this new rule is trying to make habitability or habitability standards, uh joined long standing requirements like basics like heat and hot water. So a rental with the working heater, but a summer son a vibe that they say may no longer cut it. According to Amy Tannenbaum, supervising attorney with Public Council's Homelessness Prevention Law projects statewide habit of Billy law does not set a standard for cooling. Now, the new rule is not going to cover every la renter who is sweating through the summer. According to New York Post, it only applies to the unincorporated community sopaciting to Inglewood, Glendale's Anta Monica might not get that. And so, uh, you know, we're we're re looking at how we're cooling. A lot of cities, like where I live, they got rid of trees and vegetation because of the water necessity and the water need. The problem is is that vegetation helped minimize the heat, helps provide shade. And so now you have a lot of communities and cities across America trying to plant trees and trying to find ways to increase shade. If you've ever hiked or walked or a long period of time in a hot day, I mean you just go after any shade you can. I mean, I've been in situations where I am really on the verge of heatstroke and major heat illness trying to find you know, on my way back to the car, or where I need to be any amounts of shade because that shade could provide ten twenty to thirty degrees cooling. And now you're starting to see states and cities where they were bragging so much about look at how we're saving water, look at how we're you know, not not uh, you know, stressing the climate. And uh we actually need the vegetation. Not to mention all the animals and the and the and the uh, you know the ecosystem that requires you know, our our vegetation. Uh. But landlords have been you know, trying to get out of things for a while and and not providing a safe place for people to live. I think does need to be regulated. If they're a renter, you should be able to have heat in the winter. You should be able to have electricity, good running water, clean water. You're renting that place that you should be able to Now people are though concerned about the the now the the charges if a if a unit, if a rental unit doesn't have air conditioning, and now these landlords are going to be required to put in air conditioning and power bill is on the renter, then the renter has to pay for that. So the landlord has to be able to have a tenant to have that access, which I agree with, but it doesn't necessarily mean they have to pay for the air conditioning bills that could be on the tenant.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I know that's going to probably be brought up in future elections where landlords just need to pay for everything. Eventually, you know, after they get done with the free student loans, they're going to be you know, free rent and free mortgage and all sorts of other things. But eighty two degrees in an area such as southern California that could very easily go up into the hundreds. That could cost some heavy bills, plus the energy grids. So you know, Europe is holding off still on mandating electricity in units. The government buildings get the electricity, but in terms of homes and other businesses, they're holding off on that because they're worried about the electrical grid. I worry about health. Okay, it's not healthy to be in a ninety degree apartment sweating, getting heat sick. That's not healthy. You're gonna be using more resources of that city than just cooling the rental down. By the way, don't be shutting your air conditioning off every time you leave it's better to have better to maybe go up to eighty two eighty five and then lower it back down to eighty two or seventy five or something like that. Then to go off and on because having to pump it, pump it, pump it to get it higher again or to get it to where the temperature needs to be uses more energy. But this is all while California is still double downing on that ev mandate and having cars tax their electrical grid. Eight. Electric vehicles may be nice, and they might be the way of the future, but we do not have the infrastructure for that now. You cannot be mandating electric vehicles when you have people in apartments that are swltering and don't have air conditioning. Mandating middle income and low income families to try to buy a fifty thousand dollars EVY car and find an outlet somewhere in the apartment parking lot is ridiculous. It makes absolutely no sense. So I think moving towards making sure people have safe, cool homes is good one eight seven seven dot dollar. Don't go away.
Speaker 4: Looking for an easy read that can actually help secure someone's future. Pick up a copy of Mark Falter's book Common Sense Income Strategies. For the past thirty plus years, Mark has helped thousands of hard working Americans secure their financial future by using strategies that continue to create wealth whether the market is up or down, Strategies that will make perfect sense once you take the time to read this powerful book. Common Sense Income Strategies brings to you what Mark has been teaching in person and talking about on the radio for decades.
Speaker 3: It's not rocket science.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty easy read. You've worked too long and too hard not to see the fruits of your labor.
Speaker 3: Common Sense Income Strategies is available.
Speaker 4: Now on Amazon or by calling eight sixty six seven sixty four two six three five. That's eight six six seven sixty four two six three five common Sense Income Strategies by financial fitness show host Mark Falter.
Speaker 3: Secure your financial future today