Speaker 1: Holy Spirit.
Speaker 2: We just thank you for your presence, thank you for your ministry to us already. Thank you for the way you care for us, the revelation of Jesus in our midst thank you for the nearness of your word. We welcome you right now to just take us deeper in you, take us deeper in the sweetness of relationship with you, with the Father, with the Son and Jesus' name. Everybody said, Amen, you may be seated. Allelujah. I want to dive into some stuff about prayer this morning and just to help us grow a little bit in our ability to prayer, our ability in prayer, our ability to pray. So because this is so vital. Prayer is so vital. Prayer is that communion with Father UH through the Holy Spirit. Right, we access Father through Jesus UH. And it's UH. It's the most important thing that we do as believers. It's the most important thing that we're called to His believers. So we're called UH to lead our families well, we're called to love well, we're called UH into honesty and upright living. But everything, you know, everything that we could name, actually flows out of a prayer.
Speaker 1: It flows out of our.
Speaker 2: Communion with God, much like much like, Oh, I don't know, I just I.
Speaker 1: Just want you to see that we feed.
Speaker 2: On Him, that we are, you know, he said over Israel, he said, at one point he said, open your mouths wide and I will fill them. And the picture in that passage was the picture of a baby bird. Open your mouth wide and I will fill. I will feed right. Uh. And And the the approach that we have to him for that very thing is first of all, in prayer.
Speaker 1: It's in prayer.
Speaker 2: And historically, historically Abraham knew this, Israel knew this, Judah knew this. The focus of our we are of our month is Daniel. Daniel knew this.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And And there was a habit of prayer, like a prayer habit that was developed with the righteous. Right, there was a prayer habit developed where they would seek the Lord. And this was so common that it was called the hour of prayer.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we're trying to McMuffin everything. You know, we're trying to we're trying to you know, we're trying to get get.
Speaker 1: McDonald's franchised in the church. Right. Uh.
Speaker 2: So everything, everything should be drived through, right, everything should be and even you know, even in our region, we have plenty of churches doing the MC church. You know thing they want one hour church. People want one hour church. I don't know what that was. I don't know what that is that mean? Does that mean hello? Does it mean you think that's me? I don't think it's mean Okay, But but prayer. Throughout history, prayer with God, a time with God was known as the hour of prayer. Prayer was known as the hour of prayer, and even in Acts chapter three, we're familiar, super familiar with this passage. In Acts chapter three, it says that Peter and John were going to the temple for.
Speaker 1: The hour of prayer.
Speaker 2: And that's where you know, that's where they came across the lame Man, and that's where they said, silver and gold we don't have We've heard that sermon a thousand times. You heard that sermon a thousand times, anybody, but pay attention to pay attention to where they were going. They were going to the House of the Lord for the hour of prayer. Did you hear the word hour? Heard stone it? What time is it? When you think about the hour of prayer, it's it's too thirty. No, No, that's when you go to the dentist. When you go to the dentist, it's two thirty when you the you know, the hour of prayer, the hour of prayer. Can we give up an hour for him? Can we can? We can we enter in to the spirit for an hour? Can we can we invest in him for an hour? The only way he can invest in us is if we invest in him. The only way he can invest in the world is if we invest in him. The avenue of prayer, it's the conduit of the spirit. If I if I don't flip on the brake. I got a big old electrical panel in my house, and I'm transmitting two hundred amps through that thing. And you know, I mean, we got lots going on in our place, right. I get the letters from the power company telling me you've exceeded all of your neighbors by you know, fifty percent, you know, and they, you know, they want to they want to regulate me, they want to throttle me down, right. But I got to have those breakers on. I've got to there's got to be conduit of electricity flowing. If I don't have that on, then there's no power distributed to my house, and prayer is where we activate those breakers. We have to activate those breakers because it's prayer that allows the power to come through the conduit into my life so that I can receive from God. And I'm receiving wisdom. I'm receiving revelation. I'm receiving the Word says that Luke A. Levin says that his word is seed. So I'm receiving these thoughts, these words, these revelations, they're coming in seed form. So if I'll receive them, then they'll give me the power to activate something bigger than what they were when they came.
Speaker 1: The harvest on.
Speaker 2: What I'm receiving is going to be bigger than what I'm receiving because I've positioned myself to receive, and I'm receiving seeds downloads words from God, and those words empower me to know how to live, to know what to do. I don't even know what to do. Without that breaker flipped on and that conduit flowing and those words were coming, I don't even know what to do. And I don't I don't want the satisfaction of a dwayne led life. I don't want the satisfaction of a flesh led life. I don't want the satisfaction of the limitations that are on me outside of him, because there my whole life is just framed with limitation and smallness. If I don't tap into him, if I don't flip those breakers on through prayer and allow him and get him and embrace him and welcome him to flow into my life. And it's not going to happen in five minutes. Who turns on the power and and and you know, the toastakes about three minutes. Who's on the power and gets the toast popped? And no jelly at this time of the year, and get those cinnamon rolls out of the kitchen.
Speaker 1: No jelly, no jelly.
Speaker 2: But you know, a little peanut butter of salt, no sugar in that peanut butter can have a But who does that and then goes to the panel and turns the breaker off? Well, that was enough for today. We're done with that. We got a little nurishment. No, we want more than a little nursehment. We want a fullness of joy. We want a fullness of wisdom, We want a fullness of understanding.
Speaker 1: Right, and so it was known as the hour of prayer.
Speaker 2: And this is the model of Jesus for us in Matthew twenty six. This is on the night that he was betrayed. And Jesus was always in prayer, always in prayer, daily for a time with God in prayer. He didn't live in prayer. He lived with access to God through prayer. But he didn't live in prayer. He lived eating, he lived walking, he lived doing all sorts of stuff. Right, there was all sorts of stuff going on. So, and if you watch the Chosen Boy, how did they had a lot of walking to do? Hello, somebody? They had busy lives, lots going on. But Jesus began his day in prayer. Isaiah fifty says Isaiah, I was gonna have it for you, but I don't. But Isaiah's fifty says, you awaken my ear every morning. You awaken my ear every morning. It's a messianic passage talking about him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so Jesus was up in the morning, and this is where they would go to find him. They would go to find him in the morning. They would find him in prayer. They would know he would be off in prayer. Because that's before cell phone service was. Cell phone service doesn't come on till seven. Well, in those days, in those days, Comcast and AT and G, Broadcom, T Mobile, Sprint, Brison, none of it came on until seven am. So he was up before, he was up before interruption. Now this is important. It's important because this is the picture is friendship covenant. The friendship isn't were. The picture is not slavery. We aren't slaves the picture John fifteen, I no longer call you slaves. I call you friends. It's covenant terminology. We're brought near like Abraham was. We're brought near like Enoch was. We're brought near like David was. We're brought near into the bosom of Father. We're brought near into the presence of God through prayer. And there he shares with this what's going on. He shares with us what he's up to, He shares with us what he wants to do. He leads us and gives us direction. He is And one of the words we don't have up here is he is our shepherd. He is our shepherd. I think it's Jehovah Rowa, the Lord, our shepherd, Jehovah row Aw. So this is what he's doing, right, and so all of this is going on, and it's hard to do all of that in five, ten, fifteen minutes. It's hard to do all of that with our cell phone buzzing, with all the distractions, with everything going on, with our phone ringing. So the first fruits of our day, which is the best part of our day, the first fruits of our day, the best part of our day, is the part that we set up part under him before everything else starts getting our attention. Here in Matthew twenty six, it's the night he's betrayed, And here he also refers to the hour of prayer, and he goes into the garden and he's praying, and he's praying, let this cup pass from me verse thirty nine. And he brought three of the disciples into the inner part of the garden with him, and so they're there with him, and he says, would you watch and pray with me? And he comes back and they're sleeping. He came back verse forty and found them sleeping. You ever fallen asleep praying? Oh boy, thank you Jesus for the bean, not the pento bean, the coffee bean. Thank you Lord for the coffee bean. Right, So, because I'm so guilty of falling asleep many times when I'm trying to press into prayer. And so I've needed the holy bean, the roasted bean, the ground bean, to rescue me. And he came to the disciples and found them sleeping. He said to Peter, so you men could not keep watch with me one hour, keep watching and praying. So he's been gone an hour, he's been gone from them an hour. He comes back, he finds them sleeping. He says, keep watching and keep praying with me. He's exhorting them, that he's exhorting them, that he needs them.
Speaker 1: This is interesting.
Speaker 2: He's exhorting them that he needs them to stand with him, and that he's brought these three, the inner three, the close three, the inner circle. He's brought them into the depths of the garden with him. And then he exhorts them. He says that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Speaker 1: The flesh is.
Speaker 2: Always going to make up now, uh uh. No matter how many times you've been to the altar, no matter how no matter how many times you've been through deliverance, ah, no matter how many times you've been to church, your flesh is going to be weak. Your flesh is the weak link. Your flesh is going to have excuses. You're gonna fly, Your flesh is going to start thinking about food. Your flesh is going to be drawn away. Your flesh is going to struggle.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You, Your flesh might want to fall asleep. Your flesh might move into boredom. Uh, your flesh might and other people's flesh might interrupt your flesh. And he doesn't even say, He doesn't even say the spirit is willing, but the sin about you is weak.
Speaker 1: He didn't say that. He didn't say the sin about you is weak.
Speaker 2: He's talking about your earth suit. He's talking about your earth suit. That your earth suit doesn't get it, so you got to get it. For your earth suit, you've got to discipline your earth suit.
Speaker 1: You have to lead your earth suit. You have to be in charge of your earth suit. You have to.
Speaker 2: Govern your earth suit. If you don't discipline this earth suit, you can't move into the delight of the Spirit and the delight of partaking of Him and from him. The only way we delight in partaking of him and from him is we have to discipline our earth suit. We have to bring it under subjection. And he actually said you know, watching Bray. What he was trying to say is he was trying to say, stand up. You know, if you lay around, you're gonna If you're reclining as you sleep, you're setting yourself up for a good slumber right there, right, don't recline as you sleep. So he's trying to give them wise instruction that, two thousand years later is still wise instruction. And the calling that he needs us, the calling that we are companions, the calling that we're partners, the calling that we co labor with him, the calling that we fit into everything that he's up to, is still real today. And the calling that we would spend an hour with him is still real today.
Speaker 1: It's still real today.
Speaker 2: There's nothing more powerful you could do over your marriage. Nothing more powerful you could do over your business. Nothing more powerful you could do over your children. Nothing more powerful you could do over your future. Nothing more powerful you could do over your investments. Nothing more powerful you could do over your appetites. Nothing more powerful you could do over you name it. There's nothing more powerful you could do than spend time with him in prayer. Nothing more powerful, nothing more And even today we have to examine our hearts, right like, am I into this? Am I doing this Daniel thing? Am I? Am I kind of diving into it? Am I partaking a little bit? Am I spending any time with the Lord? Am I sharpening my time? Is this a time where I can offer a first fruits under him? For twenty twenty six?
Speaker 1: Well? Not really.
Speaker 2: I mean we have to really kind of examine ourselves and ask, Okay, then, do I really.
Speaker 1: Trust the Lord?
Speaker 2: Is the Lord just fire insurance for me, like eternal fire insurance? But knowing him, hearing from him, being led by him is really not that important. It's that it's really not that big of a deal. Not really, it's not really what I want. I want to lead my life and just have the cherry if you turn the life on top. I still want to be in charge, you know, for the most part, I really want to be in charge. I really trust me mainly. I mean, we have to ask this question, do I really trust him? Because if we're not marking out time for the development of this relationship with him, it's not slavery, it's friendship, it's covenant. He wants to share with us the depth of his heart. He wants to reveal to us what's on his heart. He wants to lead us into insight, wisdom and blessing beyond our understanding and lift the limit of our lives. But if we if we don't, really, if we're not pursuing him in that, we really have to ask the deep question, how come I'm not what's my hang up? What's my hindrance? What's my problem? What's my roadblock? What's the source of that roadblock?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: We got to ask that question because it's costing us more than we realize. It's costing us so much. Whatever it is, I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's pride. I don't know if it's you know, just a sour you know, a sourness. I don't know if it's unresolved disappointment. I don't know if it's a doubt or unbelief or or what you know, what we perceived God did for Aunt Sally and Uncle Bob, you know, and you know, if that's all he could do, I really I'm okay without it. I don't know what it is, But we have to resolve that. We have to look at our lives and really resolve that because we're missing out on the most important thing in the whole entire world.
Speaker 1: H h.
Speaker 2: Kah. I want to talk a little bit about when we pray and as we pray, and how we pray, what that looks like, and how do we enter in UH, and how do we how do we make how do we make what we're doing even better?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: How do we make it better? I think on the other side of desiring to pray UH, desiring to to really press in and to know him more. On on the other side of that, there's the frailty that he talked about there, the frailty of our earth suit, and the frailty of our thought life, and the frailty of busyness that and maybe the frailty of knowledge, just the lack of knowledge where you know, we're five minutes into our daily prayer and we're kind of feeling done, We're kind of feeling or seven minutes in or ten minutes in, or twelve minutes in or fifteen minutes in or twenty minutes in, and we're kind of feeling like we've kind of tapped out. And so I want to I want to address that a little bit by encouraging.
Speaker 1: Us in.
Speaker 2: Knowing how to sustain that intimacy so that it is richer, so that it's better, so that it goes deeper, so that it's.
Speaker 1: More than just.
Speaker 2: Remember when you were thirteen and you held hands for the first time. Remember that, and that was that was a really big deal. How old were you when you held hands for the first time?
Speaker 1: One twenty one?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's holy people in the front row, Holy people in the front row. Thank you, Pastor Dennis. Of course he started kissing at thirteen, but holding hands, I mean that was that was later.
Speaker 1: That was later.
Speaker 2: The Lord wants our intimacy to be a little deeper than just holding hands, right, So and we we do this. We understand this by looking at the model prayer. And Jesus gave us the model prayer in Matthew chapter six, and it starts, the model prayers starts this way, our Father, who are in heaven hell, it would be thy name, right. So he's answering the question from the disciples, the disciples, and he's all of chapter six talking about prayer. Up to that point, he's talking about prayer, he's getting inside on prayer, understanding about prayer, he's teaching them about prayer.
Speaker 1: And then he.
Speaker 2: Gets to this point where he says, after this manner, pray, pray like this, embrace prayer like this. Now we know that this is an outline because you can pray it in thirty seconds. Right, wow, So he would have never given us a prayer to that we could pray in thirty seconds when everybody knew that prayer.
Speaker 1: Is an hour.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. And when he has acknowledged that when you tarry with him, he would like you to tarry for an hour. And even when he went in to meet with father, even though it only tells us one sentence of the prayer, we know he was gone for an hour. And so when he gave us this outline, he wasn't saying, guys, here's the deal. Just pray this and you're done.
Speaker 1: That's good. It'll take you about thirty seconds a day, and you'll be good. You'll have it.
Speaker 2: He was giving us an outline for prayer. And if we follow this outline, or we look into it, or we build upon it, and we see the purpose in it and the richness of it, then we can develop an hour of prayer. And when we begin to develop this out and it takes a little bit of time, by the way, but when we begin to develop out a little richer running after him in prayer, the richness of the spirit begins to overflow in our lives in a beautiful way.
Speaker 1: So he starts this way because this has.
Speaker 2: Been This is like the way you start, right. And I want to tell you that because this is the way Daniel would have started. This is the way David would have started. This is the way in the tent of Zion. This is the way they would have started. And we've got all these verses and psalms that tell us very much insight, parallel insight about this is the way you start. You, as you draw near to God in prayer, you start by hallowing his name ps Psalm ninety five two. Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving. Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving. Let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise. How am I going to come into his presence? I don't want to come into his presence with petition. I don't want to come into his presence with complaint. I don't want to come into his presence with discouragement. I'm not afraid of that. He's not afraid of that. We don't have some riff in our relationship. But the wise way to approach him, the wise way to approach him is to come into his presence with thanksgiving. Come in to his presence hallowing his name, Psalm one hundred, verse three. And for enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. Praise his name. For the Lord is good, and his love endures forever, his faithfulness continuous role generations Psalm in eighteen nineteen. Open for me the gates of the righteous. I will enter and give thanks to the Lord. This is the gate of the Lord through which the righteous may enter. I will give you thanks for you have answered me. What is the gate that we the righteous injury?
Speaker 1: What is the gate?
Speaker 2: The gate the righteous enters through. Is the gate of thanksgiving. It's the gate of honor. It's the gate of sanctifying his name. It's the gate of setting apart his name. It's the name of It's the gate of amplifying his name, bringing glory, bringing honor, bringing and making his name Halload. Halload is sanctified. The word Holload is holy, our fatherhood art in heaven. Holy is your name sanctified? Is your name special? Is your name set apart? Is your name unique? Is your name.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable? Is your name inscrutable? Is your name sufficient? Is your name? Right? Now? This is how we enter it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you care to, you can blow through thirty minutes on point number one of the outline of prayer and have barely scratched the surface. But by entering in through that gate of hallowing his name, where are you entering. You're entering the course of God. You're ascending a It's an act of ascension. You're going to come right up into the very glory of his throne. With hallowing his name, with blessing him, with worshiping him, with lifting up his name.
Speaker 1: It's going to.
Speaker 2: Take you from Fife to Wallop, Federal Way, Algona.
Speaker 1: Pacific, Gig Harbor Park.
Speaker 2: London, Mid London. It's going to take you from where you're at right into the very throne of God. It is the gate that we open, and it's the first thing we do. As we build an altar daily, building an alder daily, we're offering ourselves. We're saying today I want to live on the altar. Well, you live on the altar you build, and you build the altar in prayer, and the first part of prayer is we enter in with thanksgiving, hallowing his name. Now, I wanted to bring attention to his name today because here's what he's done in his name, is that he revealed his name as Yahweh. Now that's kind of the best we can say. We say Yahweh because there's no vowels in the Hebrew. So Yahweh in the Hebrew there's no vowels. We've added vowels. We've added vowels so that we can understand potentially how to say his name. He's not offended that we've added vowels. Then we've transliterated the Hebrew into the English, and so we would say Jehovah, or we would say Jehovah. We tend to in our transliteration. We tend to say the why as a ja. So where where in the Hebrew or Hebrew speakers would say Jehovah, or like here, Jehovah girah. Have you heard that before? Where we would say Jehovah Girah. We sang about it when I was young, Jehovah Jiroh. My provider is great, is sufficient?
Speaker 1: For me right.
Speaker 2: Remember that, well, we were sounding like Americans. We were sounding in our transliteration because the Hebrew way to say it would be Jehovah youuay, because the J sounds like a y Jehovah youiray. He's not offended, however, you might say, this Holy Spirit can handle your poor pronunciations as he does mine. But I want you to see this. This is where he reveals his name as the I Am. This is in Exodus when Moses is drawn to the burning bush and there's a conversation, and in the conversation he says, who shall I say sent me? And he says I Am. He said, yahweh Jehovah, he said.
Speaker 1: I Am.
Speaker 2: This is where he revealed himself as I Am. And as it pertains to that name, from then on, that name is joined, joined to his character and to his attributes and to his person throughout scripture in many other ways, and I've listed some of them. Here is this too far away? I feel like I'm walking a mile. Let's move the podium.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So this is I Am, and I am the God Superior, I am the God Supreme, I am the God above all things. And then he joins. He joins this in situation after situation to show them by character in situations what his name is. So what happens with us is that when we read these scriptures, we read these scriptures, we don't when we read these scriptures, we don't read these scriptus and understand God's actually giving us one of his names like this one here Exodus thirty one, twelve through fourteen. Jehovah m Kettish is the God who sanctifies. Sanctifized means I've made you special, I've made you holy, I've made you special. I've set you apart from every other person on the planet. Now, the context of this is Exodus thirty one. In Exodus thirty one, the context is the Sabbath, and he says to them, guys, I want you to keep the Sabbath, but you're going to be the only nation on the planet out of seventy nations, you're going to be the only nation on the planet that is going to rest on the seventh day. I don't want you to worry about that. I don't want you to get nervous. I don't want you to wonder about your riches, your wealth, or your productivity I want you to rest on the seventh day because I'm setting you apart. I am the God who sanctifies you.
Speaker 1: Here it is the verse is up there.
Speaker 2: Thank you for helping me. Thank you, Thank your team. So he said, I don't need this if you'll help me. Bless the Lord. So he's telling them, listen, I'm setting you apart. I'm making you the most unique people in the world on the entire earth because you only.
Speaker 1: Have to work six days a week.
Speaker 2: Every other nation's going to have to work seven days a week just to survive. But you are going to rest on the seventh day, and you're going to honor me on the seventh day, and we're going to have communion on the seventh day, and I'm going to get to speak into you on the seventh day, and it's going to be a rest for you while every other nation has to work on that day because I sanctify you. Now, when he says this, he literally says that you might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. If you read that in the English, you don't see that he he's actually giving you a name. But actually what that says in the Hebrew, it actually says I am jehovah Im kedish.
Speaker 1: That's what it says.
Speaker 2: If you looked in the Hebrew, you would have never known that he's given you one of his names. So you wouldn't have known to hallow that name. That's actually a name that now you can hallow. Holy Spirit. I thank you set me apart. I'm not like anybody else on the planet, Holy Spirit. I bless you that you sanctify you me. You set me apart, you make me holy, You hallow me, you esteem me, you wash me, you cleanse me, you preserve me, you deliver me.
Speaker 1: This is part of your worship.
Speaker 2: This is part of you entering in through the Gate of Thanksgiving. Is your naming who he is. And as you name who he is, you participate. You partake. You eat of him, you eat of You partake of what you see him as and what you believe him to be, and what you believe he is unto you. That's what you partake of. That's what you get to enjoy. That's the baby birdhism that those are the worms that are dropping down. That's the conduit. You got certain breakers on the panel, right, I've got about forty breakers on my panel, and one of those breakers is Jehovah m Kidesh hit the breaker. As I see him as the one who sets me apart. He's loosed in my life to begin to set me apart. Jehovah sid Canoe. Jehovah sid Canoe, is my righteousness?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 2: This happened when Israel was sinning, and Jeremiah talks about it in twenty three. He talks about it in thirty three. I pulled this one up. They were sinning, they were away from God, they were under delusion, they were separated, and Jeremiah prophesies at that moment. Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord. When I will raise up for David a righteous branch, who do you think that might be? And he will reign as king and act wisely and do righteous justice and righteousness in the land. And in his days, Judah will be saved and Israel will dwell safely. That's coming by the way, before the rapture, that's coming by the way.
Speaker 1: And this is his name.
Speaker 2: By which he will be called, the Lord our Righteousness. Now you might not have known that, but he was actually giving us a name of God. He was actually saying, and this is the name. This is how you're going to know this one that's coming, because he is the righteous branch of David, and you're gonna know him as Jehovah Sitknue. So this is one of the one of the names of God that we can hallow him for. And I'm telling you what a blessing. Think about this. When you come to God out of your trouble, you come to God, out of your difficulty, out of your faltering, out of a sin, out of an error, you come to God and you recognize him. This is you entering in. Now, you're entering in through the gate of Thanksgiving. That Lord, You've got me covered. You are my righteousness. I bless you, Jehovah sit Canoe, that you cover me. I bless you, Jehovah's sit Canoe, that you've imputed righteousness to me. I bless you, Jehovah sit Canoe, that you are the God who is beyond my works, who's beyond my righteousness, who's beyond anything that I have done or can do. I'm entering into you, Father because of your righteousness. Right, Jehovah, your ray, Jehovah, you ray, the God who is my provision. Do you Remember this story Genesis twenty two. This is where Abram, Abraham is asked to take Isaac up to Mount Mariah, to the top and offer him as a sacrifice. Right, And this is where he's offered to take him as now here's Isaac. Isaac is the promise, the fulfilled promise. Isaac is the coveted son. Remember Abraham and Abraham and Sarah couldn't have children. It takes twenty five years to get to Isaac. Twenty five years, twenty five years of waiting for the promise to come to pass. The promise first comes in Genesis fifteen, is reiterated in seventeen, reiterated in twenty one. All of this stuff's going on. Finally the promise comes. Now the promise has grown up. Now the promise is a young man and Abram who walks with God, who's known as a prophet, who is the father of faith. Abraham, who has believed God, isn't God isn't sure that there's something going on in Genesis twenty two. You want to read it. Read Genesis twenty two, go home and read it. There's something going on where God. It's like Abraham has kind of exalted the promise above the promise giver, and like he's focused more on the promise than he is on the promise giver. And there's more fellowship with the promise than there is with the promised giver. And so the promised giver Father says, I need to check your heart. I need to check your heart. Am I still number one? I mean, you wanted that promise really bad, and I gave you that promise. I need to check your heart which would be willing to take the promise and offer the promise under me? And this is where Jehovah when it says Jehovah jirah, Jehovah, rae is my provision or God sees. Another translation is God sees. God sees, and he provides, God is my provision. What happened is they get up on that mount right. And it says in Hebrews chapter eleven that Abraham was willing to give up Isaac. And Abraham received Isaac from the dead, believing that God could raise him from the dead because the promise would still somehow come through him, So he was willing to offer him up totally. And because of his willingness to offer the promise to Father instead of hang on to the promise.
Speaker 1: That's where the provision showed up.
Speaker 2: Suddenly there was a ram caught in a thicket, and the angel showed up and said, look, lift up your eyes. And there was provision. There was provision. And so you might say, Abraham, God his cake, and he got to eat it too. He got to keep the son, and he got the fullness of the Father. He got both. Why because he chose the fullness of the Father. Here's what it's trying. This is God's character, God's character. What God's trying to say is that nothing I asked you to sacrifice will ever result in an absence of my provision. Nothing I ever ask you to sacrifice will ever result in the absence of my provision and my promise. If you will trust me and the sacrifice, then you will still receive your promise. That's what he's trying to say, and and and he's trying to say it so deeply. He's trying to say, and that's my nature. It's my name and my nature. When you look to me, you can honor me for this, you can hallow my name for this, you can actually worship me, you can actually lift me up. According to this because it's my name and my nature. I'm true to it. And so this is this is part of how we can worship. Like what's God been asking of you? What's he asking of you right now to do? What is it that when he asks you, when he asks something of you, you sense the argument, the resistance, and he's trying to say, look to my name before you even get into the rest of your prayer. Look to my name before you go on into the prayer outline, Look to my name before we go further into having any kind of discussion today. I see what's happening with your heart. So look at my name, look at my name, amplify my name, magnify my name, lift up my name, and watch your heart soften, and watch your heart transform before me as you begin to restore your trust of me, because I'm good and I'll never ask you of anything wherein I won't provide abundantly for you. Jehova and NII God is my banner.
Speaker 1: Jehovah.
Speaker 2: Thisy this happened when the Amalekites were attacking Israel. The Amalakites are attacking Israel, and you know the story Moses is up on top of a cliff, and Joshua was down in the valley and he's fighting against the Amalekites, and the Lord says, lift up the banner, lift up the.
Speaker 1: Rod, lift up the staff, lift up the pole.
Speaker 2: And for us, we've taken this into our armies. We've taken this into we have a standard, we have a pole, we have a flag. We have we we run with the standard. We run with the flag. Well, in that day, God was saying, lift up my power, my grace, my sufficiency over you.
Speaker 1: And if you will lift.
Speaker 2: Me up as a banner, I will fight the battle for you. Jehovah Nissi is God, my banner, God, my warrior, God, my standard, God, my overcomer God, God my victory.
Speaker 1: And so you know what happened.
Speaker 2: You know, every time Moses would hold up the banner, Joshua would prevail. And when they would let down, when he would let down, then the Amalikites would prevail. And so Aaron and Her came and held up each arm, and Aaron and Her held up his arms so that the banner of the Lord, that the staff of the Lord, the rod of the Lord, would be held up. And that's where God revealed himself as Jehovah. The scene sad with me this morning. I'm trying to help us because I know you want to pray. I know you want to draw near. I know you want more from God. I know you want to be near to him. I know you want fellowship with him. I know you want more of the Holy Spirit. I know you want that. But the Lord said, there's weakness in our flesh, and sometimes the weakness is just knowing how to press in and knowing how to amplify and magnify the very thing.
Speaker 1: That we want to do. Because we get we get stuck.
Speaker 2: I get stuck with Thank you God, Thank you God, Thank you Father, Thank you Father, Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus. I get stuck. But in the word there's there's insight, and there's victory. In the Word, there's insight and there's understanding. And we can expand our adoration of him as we understand his name, his character, and we understand that he's faithful to his name and faithful to his character and what he revealed himself to be. He continued to be over and over again with the people of God. Father, we thank you today for helping us come on. Would you put up your hands all across the room today, welcome Holy Spirit right now. Welcome his help in prayer. Welcome his help in prayer. Welcome his help. Just lift up your voice and welcome his help in prayer. Welcome his help. Just you and him, just you and him. The Holy Spirit is he is the helper, He's the paraclete. He's the helper. He's the one that comes into our weakness and helps us. He's the one that comes and coaches us and guides us. Holy Spirit is living in us to bring us into this deep, fulfilling, fruitful relationship with Father, with the son. And we can't really pray on our own. We can't, we can't. We can't lay hold of this stuff on our own. We aren't meant to. We aren't meant to. But what's what's developing is this beautiful marriage.
Speaker 1: He's the groom, we're the bride.
Speaker 2: And what's developing as this beautiful, beautiful marriage. And we are the Proverbs thirty one wife, and and and he can trust our heart fully because we take in his words and we cherish his words, and we yearn to be with him. We are the Song of Solomon wife that he pursues, and and then we pursue back. We are we are that lover, and that mystery is unfolding and becoming fuller and fuller because we are running after him, and we are bringing our earth suit into subjection, and we're not letting the world's system or the distractions.
Speaker 1: Lord over us.
Speaker 2: We are bringing those things into subjection, and we're saying, Holy Spirit, you're teaching me to pray, and I'm receiving from you the grace, the enablement, the strength, the life, the essence of your word, and I'm pressing into you and I'm embracing this fellowship with you. Parentee, would you come as we close, If you're here this morning and you're giving your life back to the Lord, don't leave without sealing that. If you're here needing and healing in your body, if you're here with any heart's cry that hasn't been met yet this morning, we want you to come as we worship. We're going to close and worship. We want you to come and be prayed for a ministered to and courage. Don't leave here without receiving fully what you came for.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: We bless you, We bless this week. As you continue in prayer and fasting. Thank you for being a part today God bless search