Speaker 1: The youngest voters Trump fifty three percent favorable. Now play Travis and Buck Sexton today at noon on fifty five KRZ the talkstation eight oh five fifty five KRCD Talk station. Happy Tuesday always made happier because today, at this moment in time, it's the time we get the inside scoop from bright Bart News, which I always start out by encouraging my listeners to bookmark the site and check out what they've got there Breitbart br eit ba rt dot com, where you can read Second Amendment musings of my guests today. Welcome back, man aw R. Hawkins. It's always great having you on the show, my gun toting buddy, so great to be with you. And what is this, I'm sorry, I'm gonna call it out loud batcrap insanity. We want to get rid of the cartels, the Mexican drug cartels. They're dangerous. They murder people all the time, they kill politicians, they kill mayors. They traffic in human beings and drugs and everything else. So the Mexican president is threatening a lot more lawsuits again US gun manufacturers if we designate them as terror groups. What in't the hell kind of sense does this make I know it doesn't alb R. But what's your take on this insanity?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll be honest. I talked to a friend of mine from a former three letter agency, That's all I'll say. And I said, you know, what does the Mexican president's take on this? To take this position? He said, she has no other option. He said, she's probably scared that her life's in danger. She just play that.
Speaker 3: Puppy and uh. And that's that makes it make sense. Even though it's still crazy. I agree with every word you said. It's still crazy, but I think I think it's a situation. We actually saw it in Iraq. If you think about it, there.
Speaker 2: Were people who were scared to death that under George W. Bush when we went in Iraq, we were going to do the same thing we did under H. W. We were going to get in there and get close and then leave Saddam and Pyre and he was going to get rid attribution on everybody. And I think where that's very same situation, where they're nervous, there's gonna be all this talk about the cartel and then no one's really gonna get rid of them. But see, they don't know Donald Trump, he really has a plan to get rid of them. So it's gonna be amazing what we see over the next couple of months or year. It's gonna be amazing what we see down there.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm hoping that they can make some inroads because if and I suspect you're right, your friend, and what I'm gonna guess is the CIA is probably right that her life is in jeopardy if she doesn't do something to try to stop this designation, because the cartels then know something really might happen to them. And I get that position because you know a week doesn't go by where thus drug cartels don't knock off some local politician rallying for reform and put in trying to put a stop to them. It's almost like signing a death warrant when you when you utter something against the cartels there. I would think every politician, every individual, including the president on down, will would welcome us helping them out with this tragedy that's befall in their country, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think it goes back to like I was saying about the Iraq situation. We've had myriad presidents that were given lip service to helping do this and helping do that. And I think Trump is that rare he is that rare breed. I don't think he is. You mean, if you look at him, why is the left up and nots right now? They're up in knots because he's doing literally every single thing he said he would do. And that's a rare breed in the political sector. And so if we do sense special forces in there or or other units in there to take care of the cartel, I believe people are people outside of our country even are going to look at Trump in a different light and be like, this guy right here, he's good, He's a man of his word.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no question about that, and we're just talking about political engagement. I think it's probably going to result this what's going on, like most notably with identifying all the insanity of where our money is going out into the world and these ridiculous programs that's funding. It's going to create more people interested in accountability in government. And I think that's a beautiful thing. But he is delivering on a promise that even Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden all independently made talking about trying to ferret out fraud, waste, and abuse. At least he's delivering on that. And when this kind of thing is identified to people, you find out we're spending ten million dollars to give I don't know, Guatemalan circumcisions like wait a second, I'm going to work for this.
Speaker 4: It causes outrage.
Speaker 2: Rights as it should. And I believe I think I tweeted about it yesterday or put it on X but what were realizing And you already knew it, Brian, and your listeners knew it, but some folks hadn't figured it out yet now they are. What we have is a situation where for decades, not for days or much, but for decades, democrats have surrounded themselves by layer upon layer of bureaucrats, and those bureaucrats they blocked the view and so no one can see how that money's being spent, how it's being laundered, how all of these things are being misappropriated. And so what Eli's doing is he's come in there and he's cutting those bureaucrats out of the way. And all of a sudden, as you say, in million dollars here, six million dollars on sushi there, all of this money, and I'm thinking, wow, I had to take an extension on my taxes last year just so I could get it close enough that I could handle the pay it. That's how the working man is thinking. And the reason the working man is in that situation is because the Democrats have been blowing his money on their trips and on their appropriations misappropriations to keep their friends groups happy and everything else every leftist theory and idea in the world. They've been blowing American taxpayer dollars on it to keep their fringe groups happy and elons shining a light on it.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, and then I think the sort of the the elephant in the room on all of that is, Okay, you spend forty seven million dollars for improving and I'm quoting this improving learning outcomes in Asia. Thank you for Britbart's Olivia Rhondai reporting. Are they even checking into whether that money went to what it was going for and whether improving learning outcomes actually was achieved in Asia? No, they don't. They just issue the check.
Speaker 4: Aw R.
Speaker 1: Hawkins, Let's get back. Let's get back to the second Amendment.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just telling you I said here I'm dazed. I'm amazed. I'm dazed and amazed when we talk about this because people are so mad at Trump. You're not, I'm not. Your listeners are not. The people that voted for Trump are not, And a lot of people who act like they're mad are not really mad. But all he's doing, when you think about it, Brian, he came in here. He's doing what he would have done for any of his construction businesses. He's saying, Okay, we're going to do a financial audit. Let's see how we spent money over the last decade, and let's do inventory. Yeah, let's see if we out what we spit money on. That's all. He's not. Nothing fancier than that. But that has not been done for probably half a century or more. And the Democrats are getting exposed.
Speaker 1: Yes they are, and they it's indefensible that they are trying to defend it. It's almost comical. I feel embarrassed for them on a certain level. But that's okay, it's working and it's bearing fruit, all right. Kicking over to the GOP representative introducing a bill to bar credit cards from tracking gun sales. You know, awr, this is one of the reasons why I try to avoid using credit cards at all, because listen, if I can prevent anyone, any entity out there in the world from tracking what I'm doing, I'm gonna take a step to do it. Not that I'm really trying to hide it, It's just that I find it fun to deprive them of information. But the idea that our credit cards would be used to track gun sales, and you and I both know exactly why they might want to do that. Do you think this is gonna uh, this is gonna make it through?
Speaker 2: Well, I think all of this has a great chance of making it through. When I say all of it, what I mean is I see more pro gun legislation right now than I have at any point in my sixteen years riding at Bridbart And you know, as you know, I track this stuff all day over to day. I wake up sometimes two in the morning and start working it too, to be sure haven't missed anything. And I've never seen this much pro gun legislation. And every bit of it has a chance because we have firebrands in the House. The Republicans in the House are ready to go. We have people like the new Montana Senator. We have people in the Senate who are ready to go. Of course Trump is on board, and so I believe this all has a chance. But we have to do everything we can to keep the government from tracking. And and you said, well, I'm not trying to hide anything. I'm not countering you when I say this, I'm not counting you. But maybe I am. And I don't mean I'm hiding illegally. I just mean it's none of their business, right, it's none of their business. Do I own one AAR or do I own fifty? Guess what, it's none of their business.
Speaker 4: Amen?
Speaker 2: Am I more dangerous if I own fifty? No? Because I'm a lawbody.
Speaker 4: Sit and you got two hands. None of their business, you'll have two hands. No, I'm with you all day long.
Speaker 1: Listen my most recent fire and acquisition, happy or merry Christmas to me. My wife was hounding me about what I wanted for Christmas, and we're like, we don't need anything. We buy whatever we need throughout the year. So the third time she asked me, I said, I want a Marlin Lever Action forty five seventy and she's like, what, guess what? I bought myself and pay cash with I'm Marlin forty five seventy. Yes, I'll poke my eye out at my kids. Got me a compass for the compass for the stock.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something? Yeah, real quick. You and I have never spoken about this, never, not all fair, not on air. My favorite round of all time, hands down period.
Speaker 4: Oh that's awesome. Oh that's a you.
Speaker 2: If you can't kill it with that, I know you're the worst shot that ever lived, ever lived.
Speaker 4: That is so true.
Speaker 2: And a Marlin, And now, Marlin's a great gun. I shoot a lot of Henry's, but I'm gonna tell you the accuracy of a Marlin is incredible. And uh, I fell in love with that Marlin watching the movie wind River. I don't know if you remember that from about five years ago. Took place in Montana, and uh, the guy who was the good guy chasing the bad guys. Instead of having an ar or whatever like it's so popular movies, he had a lever action Marlin and it was gorgeous.
Speaker 4: It's a hell of a gun.
Speaker 1: I got the one with a magpole furniture on it, so it's it's a it's a real Uh, it's a real sweet gun. And uh, my first time out of the range. I did a really really good group on it too. I actually shocked myself. It's got the ghost ring ghost ring site. So anyhow, sorry, I I'm glad I brought it up, just to know that you and I see eye to eye on that route is it's a hell of.
Speaker 4: A round Anyway.
Speaker 1: I used to live in Illinois and I see a circuit court judge there is struck down that stupid foid card that you had to have before you could own a firearm. When we lived in Chicago, I didn't even realize that was on the books. And I went to a store to buy a shotgun and she looked at me like I was out of my mind, Like you think you're just going to walk out of here with a shotgun today? Do you have your foid card to start the process? It's like, what the hell's that? Well, they're getting rid of it.
Speaker 2: Well, what he's doing, he blocked it only as it applies to having a gun in the home, and so what he's saying this individual had a gun in the home and police recalled because they allegedly fired a shot. Now they said they didn't fire a shot, but that's not what matters. What matters is the gun was discovered in the home. The individual said they had to go for the gun in self defense and anyway. So the judge says, look, if you look at the Heller ruling and that's two thousand and eight US Supreme Court. Yeah, the Heller ruling makes clear that the Supreme That's Amendment covers having a gun in the home for self defense. So they're look, you can't put a requirement between the individual American and having that gun and the Foid card. The judged you dead as a requirement. So he said, no, it's a no go. You can't do that. And so it's only a matter of time, Brian, if that judgment stands, and I'm sure Illinois will appeal at Illinois a bunch of leftist hacks, but if that ruly stands, it's only a matter of time till that same mentality goes.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Heller said this in two thousand and eight, Bruin said this in twenty twenty two, and the whole Foyd Card deal will be gone, period. So we're going in the right direction.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just so sad that, you know, a weapon for home defense, that they actually went after her and prosecuted her for not having a stupid FOYD card. I mean, that's that's so sad. She had a lawyer up, spent four hundred dollars plus an hour on a lawyer to defend her in this case on something that was so obviously unconstitutional. After that decision, I don't know. I just I weak for someone who had to be putting that in that position.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like the mother I covered this week who shot at three armed intruders with a baby on her hip. She had to shoot, and she was able to ruin one of them, but they hit her twice. She's got her five month old baby on her hip the whole time. And when it after my bridebart story went up, I grabbed it and retweeted it and I made the comment, it's the same thing you're saying right now. If the Left had had their way that mother with that baby, her only line of defense would have been calling police. That was if they had their way, that'd be it. And we both know how it would have ended if that was her only line of defense. I have to tell you, and these people on the left, fortunately their siren size and power has greatly diminished, but they're still dumb, They're still they're still rabid, and uh, we have to keep rolling. We haven't beat them enough yet, and as long as they're making noise, we haven't beat them enough. So we need to keep winning elections.
Speaker 1: Well, aw R, since I knew you were kind of the program. This morning, I saw your article from yesterday. Juvenile retrieves handgun shoots two alleged armed intruders dead. These idiots broke into the kid's house, so you grab one of the firearms there and they will successfully shot both of them. I thought that was pretty amazing. But you know what, that's why you have a firearm. It's the great equalizer. You can be a small child, and if you know how to use one, you can defend yourself and your family from a fifty one year old and a forty four year old who kicked in the front door of your home with the intent of robbing your home.
Speaker 2: Right. And that's also why I'm just going to put it on. If you're a gun only parent, you take your kids out and you teach them, you show them how that gun works. Break it down. Let's break it down. Now, put it back together. Now, let's break it down. Let's clean it. Now, put it back together, and now let's shoot it. Let's load it, let's shoot it. You do all those rudimentary mundane over and over again. And that way you're at the grocery and your daughter is home alone and two guys break in. Guess who's at a disadvantage the two guys.
Speaker 4: You know it's you know it and pretty much on par with the way I raise my children. Hey W. R.
Speaker 1: Hawkins, my dear Fred and fellow forty five seventy enthusiasts. Love having you on the show. Keep up the great work. I'll look forward to someday getting on the range with you, my friend. But in the meantime, just happy enough to have you on the program. Keep up the great work at Breitbart. Thank you, great to be with you. Have a great day. You do the same. Stick around folks. Bottom of the are we get the Daniel Davis deep dive. Before that, I want I mentioned to my friends my friend Chris Simmer, third generation. I'm sure he's so proud of what he's been able to accomplish along with the prior to generations.
Speaker 4: At Zimmer HVAC.
Speaker 1: They're excellent at what they do and that's servicing, repairing, replacing your air conditioning and heating units. You can get on a maintenance program to extend the life of those and of course if you need a new one, it's time for a warm carrier system from my friends at Zimmer and they work on all kinds of models, so you don't have to just limited to carrier.
Speaker 4: They help you out. They do great work.
Speaker 1: This customer service is absolutely superior, so it's easy to book an appointment. Go to the web page you can learn more about the company and what they do. It's go Zimmer dot com upper right hand corner. You can schedule online and even request after our service and they will take good care of you. If you're calling them up, please tell Chris Zimmer and the crew. Bryan said, Hi, five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC the talk station. Hey, are you feeling the impact of the