Speaker 1: Borry for the radio show that put the ass an astronaut. It's a very important day as within two hours the astronauts, the two astronauts who have been stuck at the International Space Station for nine months after their spaceship returned without them, are finally heading home, and they're supposed to plunge into the ocean on Earth today at four point fifty seven pm.
Speaker 2: The matter of what it will sound like, Why would n Elon just catch him? He's got a lot going on, man. This is one thing I've noticed about this story is I've yet to talk to anybody that really knows much about it. You talk to me every day. What are you talking to dog dogs these days? Ry need to drink. I'm just saying, you don't know that much about it.
Speaker 1: Well, when he was explaining that they were at the space station just hanging out waiting for their ride to get back, that was what confused me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, none of it made sense, and I was like, he is shooting from the hip right now. He really knows nothing. He described a space station like that thing in that Crisp Pratt movie where they're just running around and they're swimming and they're vacationing, like you totally just made crap up.
Speaker 3: Don't confuse my casual approach to conversation as a lack of knowledge.
Speaker 2: It's okay, there's so much going on in the world and none of it seems real that nobody really has good details on it, and everyone just kind of has loose ideas of what they think is happening in the world.
Speaker 1: And everyone has short attention spans. Yeah, and so they just don't even want the full story. Yeah, you drilled down on details and no one really has them. They're like, oh uh, I think there's a space station up there, Like what are you talking about right now?
Speaker 3: But y'all don't remember this being one of my causes over the last nine months, all right.
Speaker 1: I remember the climate being your cause.
Speaker 2: Definitely will always be. It's on that.
Speaker 3: It's wild that in every election in every country, not just US, like climate change and protecting the earth is not the first thing. It's the economy, right, immigration, you know, abortion, But how do you know it should be the planet right, one place that has water.
Speaker 1: But it'd be like us if there's like five radio stations that I art in this cluster, and it'd be like, all right, from now on us at the Eagle, we are going to take care of the breakroom. But if dude, if big Al goes in there and destroys the breakroom or whatever, or JC goes in there.
Speaker 2: They've got an anti breakroom mindset. I can tell JEFFK goes in there and kicks over a coffee maker.
Speaker 1: It's that how can we be in charge of something we're not in control?
Speaker 2: They hold on. I know for a fact that JEFFK promised his constituents that we would not lose any breakroom jobs because of outsourcing or streamlining. It's not even it's not even about the action of what can be done.
Speaker 3: It's about prioritizing what could be done, knowing that we all just die and it goes on to the next generation. But like, you made my point for me, it's like, oh, like big Al's breakroom guy. And then Jeff K is like, but I think we should worry about the conference room. There's not a single soul up here who thinks the conference room is more important than the breakroom.
Speaker 2: And that's why Jeff K would be the guy leading that charge on the conference room. So shallow, but really just just no substance to what he's doing. Is it virtue signaling?
Speaker 1: What is it the idea of Like we all can agree that the cause the climate is the thing, the most important thing, but you can't really impact it just by yourself.
Speaker 2: So it's like posting about it, that's virtue signaling.
Speaker 3: It's just like I'm really gonna post about some stuff and then not do anything about it.
Speaker 2: Right, I care about this more than others, right me? That's virtue. Yeah. The thing I care about, the important thing.
Speaker 3: The thing I've post is just like it is wild though the one place that we can live, the one place is Earth, and we're just like it's a toilet.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not anymore because Helon's going to fix that, noll. He's got some other stuff though it's in the way. No no, no, we'll get there, and you just inform me about this luxurious space station I can go spend time I'm at well.
Speaker 3: Elon and NASA are working to get Butcher and Sonny down from their two hundred and eighty five day stay in the International Space Station that was supposed to be two weeks.
Speaker 2: Butch and Sony definitely sounds like a lesbian couple. Hold on, how many people are on this thing right now. They're having a party. That's what I'm saying. Man, nobody knows anything about any of that.
Speaker 1: The other like, uh, Steve shivera MAVs photog guy there in the space Shuttle pictures like, there's just a bunch of people with shopping bags. It doesn't look like it's a tiny capsule hurling towards Earth.
Speaker 2: Is that there's people in there doing a podcast? Seriously, they are, I swear to god, I just saw Pat McAfee back there.
Speaker 3: No totally, man, some respect to Butcher and Sony and what way gone through?
Speaker 2: Is anybody buckled in? I mean they're just floating around. It's an effing party, dude. This is like a Jonah Hill movie. Is that the space station or the escape pod hurling to Earth? Okay?
Speaker 1: I think what's happening is those are we're looking at live footage of this. I think these are the people saying goodbye to the astronauts to send them home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're in the space stage.
Speaker 3: They're in the International Space Station and they're gonna get on this new I don't know what you would call it a space craft.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's that's part. I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I think it's just a tesla because they're sending four up there, and the four that are going up there in the SpaceX NASA mobile, they're staying on the space station for a while.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: One guy's got the ballet bulge. They're wearing tight gray ballet uniforms. And one guy's got a bulge. The other one doesn't.
Speaker 2: He's got a questionable rib cage too. Oh, there they go. Now that's Butcher. No, that's Butcher, soony.
Speaker 3: And they just.
Speaker 2: Went into the butthole of the spaceship. Badass Butcher. And soon here and the white Oh they're back out again. Forgot the kr keys. Oh, I'm gonna go with him. He forgot something. I'll follow them, all right, see you guys later.
Speaker 1: We don't know what's happening in this footage, and to Skin's point, no one does. And some people are dressed up like astronauts, and some people are just dressed up like members of the media. That guy's wearing an ill fitting polo, like there's there's what is this?
Speaker 2: It's really funny. This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. They're still hugging and saying goodbye. We who are those guys guys wearing a backwards hat. Ye're in a space ome it, But that's not butcher or soony. These are NASA people. Why are they hugging the people that aren't leaving?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, man, it's it's hard to tell. And you don't have an audio of what the livestream is going on. But look, the point is splash downs happening at four fifty seven pm. It's happening right off the coast of Florida right there, r there, kind of by Sarasota, where I lived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good detail. Well, I'm saying this is this is pretty badass.
Speaker 3: We have humans soaring into the ocean off the coast at four fifty seven on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: That guy just bumped into his computer and I think knocks it offline'll hanging it out. You have audio interesting too, caught up of the what's going on? There so many people.
Speaker 1: I want to wear silk pajamas and hug everyone that he's forcing a bulge on everyone in space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, space bulge.
Speaker 3: So they're coming back on the SpaceX machine called the Crew Dragon.
Speaker 2: But what they went up there?
Speaker 3: Why this was a big story A part why this was a big story nine months ago.
Speaker 2: This is what they went up there on was the boeing.
Speaker 1: Once again, we're in a brief handover between all right, we're going to the CNBC no TV capability from the station.
Speaker 4: We'll be regaining that down link TV just a moment or two from now.
Speaker 2: Old I'm bringing down for This is the worst thing to have to do play by playoffs because there's like, you don't know what's going on. There's not much going on, and occasionally they show you footage of a bunch of people at desks.
Speaker 1: What if they were like the MAVs and they had just kind of a wacky fun guy making a little more fun in there.
Speaker 2: So follow ull is very specific details. Harv's like, you know, I've already seen it all. And then there's a wacky guy like this guy dabbles in magic.
Speaker 4: What what did you say, spice it up? Do something weird, spending one anything's done happening.
Speaker 2: And he's already out of juice. Yeah, he's got nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, this is now the pregame because we're about ninety minutes away from a human splash down on Earth.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was a real pregame, you'd have nine astronauts on a panel, all given their thoughts.
Speaker 2: And no offense to you, KT because I don't know any details either. But you're telling me that they're going to go from the space station and they're going to be crashed into the water in about two hours.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, they're hurtling down, like dude, they the space station is no the I don't want the spacecraft a crew drag.
Speaker 2: But didn't this But we're on Tuesday. Didn't we send that spaceship up there Friday? Why does it take three days to get to the space station in two hours to get back.
Speaker 3: It's a seventeen hour trek back. They they left last night. Oh this is old footage. Oh no, that was live stream of the people up on I think that was the people up on the space station.
Speaker 2: But I saw Butcher and Sonny. Did you see what you were saying? I think that was when they were leaving, right, that's probably Rea. So that was okay, that was.
Speaker 3: It's a seventeen hour trip back down in the in the crew dragon is the name of the device.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so that explains the single. Yes soon he's a gal. Butcher's a guy, yeah, no, and Ben I think the guy with the bulge. No, no, no, those three people. But that's not even them. Butcher and Sony are in the space suits. Okay, these are just guys from Sprockets. Those are guys they okay, yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: And maybe there's eight people who yeah and yeah, and Butch and Sonny. They shouldn't be trained to know how to use the crew dragon. So those are the people who are coming back down with them. Okay, I guess so you know what I say.
Speaker 2: Though I don't know any of these details, and I'm not sure I want to. Why how fascinating? No, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I guess you got a punt you got in there. I got a bunch of valuable stuff I'm saving in my brain. I don't have room for anything new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, this is this never happens. No, I know. But they've been up there for nine months and I'm supposed to care with thirty six hours left, Like, why didn't I care five months ago? Why weren't you caring five months?
Speaker 4: For months?
Speaker 2: No, you haven't. You turned your back on it.
Speaker 1: But I do say it is fascinating because there is an air of mystery to how the return will go, and there is a little bit of it's scary because it could malfunction.
Speaker 2: Yes, now that's absolutely true. You thought you cared and then football season happened and you completely stopped following. That's true. And now now that you know that they're going to get back before the draft really ramps up, you're squeezed it back in.
Speaker 3: I'm glad they're going to be safe hopefully. What this is yeah, nine months to me, I mean this is like getting accused of a crime you didn't do. I got sent up to do my job for eight days and then Boeing fed up our star liner, and now I gotta be up here for nine months. Dude, if you got sent somewhere for nine months when you were supposed to be there for eight days, you would be suicidal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Troopers and had a good attitude.
Speaker 3: Every interview they've done, they've been like, this is part of the business we're in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just like us going to Oxnard to cover Cowboy Camp and then have to spend a year there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh my god. Well that's pretty nice. That's great, That is great. All right, I'm already tired but if I am a little nervous about their return to Earth, and is is it going to be safe as they plummet into the ocean and what part of the ocean we'll find out later in the four o'clock hour on.
Speaker 1: The skin tree is it Do they know exactly where it's going to land or they it could?
Speaker 2: Does Elon strike you as a guy that knows precise details. I don't think Elon's in there doing the couch. These are real. No, there's a lot of attention on this. Elon's in there. He's a real shoot from the hip guy. Sometimes we slash jobs and bring the people back in thirty six hours later. It's a macro view. It's a macro view.
Speaker 1: If you had thirty seven e lins on your Bingo cards, you've already you've already hit the quota.
Speaker 2: In the first segment, all right. Coming up next, in the Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Shuffle, a celebrity throws up at mid court of a Knicks game. Who was it and what happened? We'll break it down next right here on ninety seven point one, The Eagle