Speaker 1: So far, I'm in the clear as far as being labeled a porch pirate if you missed it. I ended up ordering something on eBay for the first time in years, and then later realized, uh, oh, my address was my old address. So thankfully the people who live in the house now, their family's still there, the same people we sold it to still live there, and I still know that the gentleman who lives there now, and I reached out to him and he's been great. Let him know that this is probably one of a few packages that are going to be coming and sorry, I'll get my address changed, but is there any way I could, you know, come bine and get these things that they're going to be delivered to your house because of the address issue. And he was totally cool that, yeah, no problem, no big deal. He would let me know. Hey left it on the porch and this morning at about four o'clock in the morning. In fact, actually it was more closer to three thirty now that I think about it. I ended up making my way to where I used to live, the old neighborhood, and without really thinking, I'm kind of in a hurry, not really out of my way, but an added stop. So I stopped right in front of the house, didn't even turn my car off, opened the door middle of the street, ran up to the front porch, grabbed the box, and ran back. And then as soon as I was getting on sixty five, I thought, Okay, yeah, there's no scenario that that looks good. If somebody's ring doorbell camera was activated in on, they're just gonna they're gonna see that, and I would do the same thing. They're gonna see it and say, that's somebody out here stealing people's packages. And I'm hopeful that it doesn't turn into a big deal on the Facebook group, which that's a part I should.
Speaker 2: Have maybe led with that.
Speaker 1: I don't live there anymore, but I can't leave the Facebook group of my old neighborhood because the drama is just so entertaining. And it's actually been pretty light lately. Used to be a lot more drama, but maybe this is what gets people riled up. We got a porch pirate and we got to hold them accountable. And I'm hopeful that that doesn't happen. But if it does, that the people who live there now will will come to my defense and say, hey, it's not what it looks like, but we shall see, all right. So the measles, Yeah, pikes, we now know of one case here in Louisville of the measles.
Speaker 2: It was reported earlier this week. Mayor Greenberg did later.
Speaker 1: Confirm that it is a young man and he was traveling internationally recently with his family, and that, of course is where he's believed to have picked up the measles. So the infected child visited the little clinic inside Kroger on Dixie Highway on Wednesday, July ninth, from nine to fifteen to noon. So anybody at that location during that window may have been exposed. So the Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness they're actively contact tracing, which is what you do here. They're notifying those that were potentially exposed. And I mean, if I was there at that time, I'd be worried because, I mean, again, without even knowing a whole lot about what the measles actually is, which, to be honest, I admitted this yesterday. I mean, I know that we are vaccinated for that and that it's a real serious thing, but I didn't really know a whole lot about it other than that and more often for the most part, that could be either chalked up to me just being ignorant, or it could be the fact that it's not really been a threat, because again, it's not been a widespread issue in America really ever, and certainly there are now in twenty twenty five, there have been three deaths with the measles. And not to take make light of just three deaths, any deaths something you don't want. But this is a rare thing to happen. But when it does happen, there's a lot of awareness about it because of just how dangerous it is. And I mean it is highly infectious, which again is why you know, when you've got a what is it, ninety percent of people that are that are not vaccinated for it that end.
Speaker 2: Up exposed to it, we'll get it.
Speaker 1: So again, if you were at the Dixie Highway little Clinic inside Kroger on Wednesday, July ninth, from nine to fifteen am to noon, be advised. You mean, I don't really know what you do other than go get you know, I guess, just go get checked out. But I already know if it was me, I would not even if I had no symptoms at all, I would, in my mind convince myself, oh here we got better say my last good bias, because I have the measles.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to feel starting to feel like.
Speaker 1: I've got you know, is that a fever, little dehydration would turn into me thinking I got one hundred and three degree fever.
Speaker 2: Running knows that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So it says that a rational also appears three to five days after your symptoms begin. So if you are symptomatic, they tell you to call your doctor before visiting and to avoid further spread. So again, just be mindful of that. All right, What I want to do coming up here in just a few minutes, I'll reset the Shane Gillis performance last night as he hosted The Spies, and I didn't watch a second of it live, and I don't even know who won a single award, but clearly a lot of his jokes.
Speaker 2: Have made their way to the internet.
Speaker 1: And I'm maybe this is wishful thinking on my own, but I do think as a society we have thankfully grown fatigued of just being outraged about things that truly don't bother or that many people. Certain people may be more more genuinely bothered by certain things that are said, which is understandable, but also, it's comedy, it's entertainment. Can we not take ourselves so seriously? And I'm willing to. I believe that this will play out to where there's no cancelation of Shane Gillis and we just go back to realizing, yeah, sometimes comedians are going to tell that line, and maybe they cross it more often than they should, but at the end of the day, it's it's not real. It's comedy, it's entertainment. So we'll get into that. And also one of the recent bills here in Kentucky, they're already realizing they got to make some changes. That is the bill that requires coaches teachers to not have any contact with students. So again no surprise, Like any bill like this, any big change like this, you're going to realize quickly that, yeah, we're gonna have to make some adjustments here. So we'll talk about that and a lot more. It is Kentucky and is morning News with Coffee and Company right here on News Radio eight forty WHS. We are just a couple of minutes away from your next check on traffic and weather, so stick around for that. I'm sure a lot of you are getting your day started and you want to know what it looks like out there on the roadways. And luckily for you, we've got Bobby Ellis who will give us all that important info. Also will get the latest on the forecast with Matt Melosovich. So the one of the new bills here in the state of Kentucky was was very noticeable by those that are in the education, in education meaning teachers, coaches, or even if you are the parent of a student, or if you're an athlete yourself, because it's for a lot of folks it won't even be noticed. But those that are impacted by this, it's a big, big change, and that is that your high school coach is no longer allowed to communicate with you directly outside of school. And even you you know your teacher as well, but I would I would say that if there is contact going on between teacher and student outside of the classroom, I would say more more often than not, that is the That is coaches who who coach high school kids and need to communicate with their team.
Speaker 2: So now you you.
Speaker 1: You know you can't do that, and obviously that's that's that's a that's that's an adjustment. So it's sentate Bill one eighty one. And what this does is it requires traceable communication only. No private texts, no DMS, no unmonitored messages. Players cannot take, you know, coaches can't call or text their players directly. They can't even tag them or be friends with them on any social media platform. So this, of course is because there were more bad apples than there ever should be, which there should never be any bad apples. But obviously, with the way in which you can communicate with anybody this day and age, teachers would get it. You would become close with students and of course cross the line that you can't cross, and that's led to the state putting this this in place. So JCPS implemented the rules starting June sixteenth, so staff and volunteers can no longer text or probably message any of their students. So the communication now has to go through parents, guardians, or officials or i'm sorry, official JCPS channels like an email that they set up. So what we now know is that they're going to make some adjustments, and I don't know what that is, but there is acknowledgment that there's clearly some flaws, and it sounds like there'll be an update to this exact situation in twenty twenty six to clarify some things and probably loosen it a little bit to where because again, not being able to communicate with your players other than just calling their parents or posting on a forum that their parents are a part of I mean, that's a level of communication, but that's that's archaic this day and age. All right, let's get an update out there on the roadways with Bobby Ellis. Also we'll get an update on the forecast with that Melosavich, and then it's got to be back with another sports update for us right here on New's Radio eight forty whas. Thank you very much, John Shannon for those that are that are just now joining us. In fact, anybody if you've been with this since the beginning of today or just now, I guess I haven't said it yet. I'll be out at seven o'clock today, so I'm a part timer, but you're gonna be in good hands with the crew here. John Shannon of course, will continue to do what he does with the newscast like you just heard, and of course we have Scott Fitzgerald and John Alden running the show the rest of the way. So I referenced earlier a Wally pip situation which I knew of. I mean, I've heard that since the time I think I was in high school, and a yeah, I can it's coming back to me. So I missed one basketball game ever in my high school days of playing, and it was not because of an injury that people typically suffer. It was because I had an ingrown toenail, and at the time, I mean, I was in a lot of pain. I had to have not really an operation, but like I couldn't play and I was dealing with pain leading up to it. Long story short, there was no sensitivity towards my injury, which I get it.
Speaker 3: It's a toe.
Speaker 1: But if you ever had any grown toenail that you know that like that's that's that's not something that can I mean, I'm sure some situations are worse than others, but like it can really really really hurt you and make it to where you have to actually have like an operation, which I didn't have to have it. Anyways, my coach made a joke about getting Wally pipped, and I didn't know what it was at the time. And I referenced that earlier. When I'm out of here, I'm gonna get Wally Pip because the company man John Alden and Scott Fitzgerald and John Shannon are going to steal the show and I'm not going to be needed, which I hope is not the case, but I guess we'll see.
Speaker 2: But lou Garrick one of.
Speaker 1: The best baseball players of all time. It's related to him because Wally Pip was the guy and he had a headache and decided to take the day off, and then they that emerged lu Garirig, who of course went on to become Luke Garrick. So that was that's the explanation there. Who And again, John, that's one of those things that totally makes sense that you would not know what that is.
Speaker 3: I could want to ask.
Speaker 1: Yes, anyways, that's the explanation there. So, yeah, that was in the thirties, I think it was, so yeah, long, long, long ago.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So we talked a little bit earlier with Rory O'Neil and he gave us the latest as far as the survey that really checks the temperature of Americans when it comes to how the president is handling things. And there's a lot of stuff going on that I'm sure people have some genuine reaction to, but the Epstein files, that is one that I'm sure what I see on social media is absolutely.
Speaker 2: It doesn't represent how everybody feels.
Speaker 1: In fact, I need to remind myself of that it more often because a lot of people just don't get caught up in that because they just I mean, what are they what are they going to do to change it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's one thing to demand and expect transparency on certain things, and I don't think anybody out there would with a straight face, would say that they encourage that we protect people who harm children. But I can relate to those that live in a world where they deal with everything that comes their way, with the stress that they have at work, the responsibility they have with children, and then just the realization that, like, what am I going to do to change it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: So that may be frowned upon to share that on a platform like this, but I'm just just being real with you. So I'm sure there's many that keep up with it a little bit, but they're not letting it consume them because what would they what good would they get out of that. But the people who are into it are really really into it, and they're they're frustrated with Trump as far as just how we now no longer are going to get transparency when that was the expectation for a long long time. And maybe it's not that, hey, you're not gonna get transparency. He's not just saying hey, move on, nothing to see here. And it's one thing for those who just want to see Trump crumble, clearly they're going to get worked up because it's true were the where was the noise from those people whenever we were demanding to get transparency and the files to be released when the previous administration was in office. That's another one of the many examples of how both sides really do the same thing a lot of times and just don't realize it. But anyhow, what makes this I think such a bad look for Trump? And really, for the first time that I can tell, he's getting a lot of criticism and there's a lot of folks disappointed in him, that love him, some that you know, even make him a big part of their personality. But eighty three percent of Republican voters say the Epstein files should be released and clearly it doesn't look like that's going to happen. And I think because Trump and really those around him, this was a big part of the noise from them as far as making a change and wanting to be back in office.
Speaker 2: And I think.
Speaker 1: Regardless of what was said prior by Trump and jd Vance, even saying you know, we're going to release the files, that kind of stuff, even if none of that was said, this would still be something that people would have a reaction to. That's like, what the heck, Like, what do you mean? This makes no sense. You're telling me there's nothing to see here, nothing at all.
Speaker 2: It's a hoax.
Speaker 1: But I just think that the issue for Trump that he clearly doesn't care about, because he's now saying that Republicans who are bothered by their idiots, there's still But.
Speaker 2: So anyways, the fact that.
Speaker 1: There's already been a lot of fuel for those that want to speculate, that want to you know, want to make this a thing to where it's clearly a conspiracy, there's been nothing that that makes them not continue to be fueled by there's just there's there's you know, there's there's something not adding up here. I mean, this was This was Donald Trump years ago talking about something that he now calls a hoax when it comes to the Epstein stuff. And John, you can leave the music run and if you'd like, this should play over that.
Speaker 3: Uh Bill Clinton, nice guy. Got a lot of problems coming up, in my opinion, with the famous island with Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 2: Nasty.
Speaker 3: You raised the question of Jeffrey Epstein in your remarks event, and I think you've got a problem. The problem will I I don't know, but that island was really assessful.
Speaker 1: There's no question about it.
Speaker 3: Just ask Prince Andrew.
Speaker 1: He'll tell you about it.
Speaker 3: The island it was an absolute cess pool.
Speaker 1: So it was a cesspool or it was a hoax. I mean, I guess he could always say, well he later learned that it was a hoax, but.
Speaker 2: Nobody's believing that.
Speaker 1: And I'm not even insinuating any specific thing here. I'm not alleging anything. I just know that none of this is actually adding up and making sense. And there's been a clear change in what you wanted to do with this entire Epstein situation, and that's just going to make people question, Well, somebody's covering up something, all right, let's get an update on trafficking weather right here, right now on news radio a forty w BHS. It is Kentucky and it's Morning News with Coffee and Company here on news Radio eight forty whas Nick Coffee, that's me. I mean I butchered that last weather, didn't I. I mean, I gotta I gotta own it. I don't know why I kept getting confused on the I kept saying tonight, and I'd already let you know that tonight's conditions are going to be low's in the seventies and we could have some rain. But anyways, I'll be out of here, coming up in about twelve minutes time, and I'll hand it off to Scott, John and John and you'll be in good hands. And I know Scott is planning on playing a little more of the Shane Gillis sound from last night, just because he had a lot of good jokes. I thought, and I there's no way to prove this. Maybe this is just what I believe. But the fatigue has set in as far as just people not having the energy needed to manufacture fake rage and fake anger. And that's not to say that if you are genuinely bothered by that, I'm calling you a liar. I just I think we at some point it just turned into where, Okay, what are you mad about? All Right'm gonna get MADT to you, Well, what are we mad about? Let's get mad, let's get let's get angry. And I mean, free country, you can do that. But I just, I just I think most people live their life to where they have enough going on to where did it did the thought of something that doesn't really impact you or affect you in any way, like.
Speaker 2: Why would you get well? Why would it consume you?
Speaker 1: Like that? So again, I like to live in a world where I constantly remind myself that multiple things can be true. There are things that would be offensive to some because of their specific situation, and they may just be sensitive people in general. But then there's also things that you know, yeah, that's you know, that's funny, that's that's that's I could see how maybe somebody would be bothered by that, But it's entertainment. It's not real. It's comedy. And there are comedians who are legends and will always be that really would have never been able to establish themselves in their careers and entertain us the way that they did if they were coming up in that business, in that industry at a certain time when we were so pc And again, everybody just had fake outrage. And again I think you can say there's fake outrage out there without acting like everyone is lying that they're bothered by it. So again, both things there can be true. Are you a Shane Gillis fan, John.
Speaker 3: I'm not a fan in the sense that I like listen to everything that he does, like, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Same here.
Speaker 1: I was really impressed with his show Tires that was on Netflix.
Speaker 3: I just thought, I'm not seeing that, but I think it looks funny just from four.
Speaker 1: It's well done, and I haven't seen the second season, but a lot of people said that it's actually better in season two. So yeah, he's He's somebody that initially I didn't quite get as far as why he was so popular, but now I do same thing with Theovon. Never understood why Theovon was was such a big name, and then I started to consume a lot of his stuff, and I'm like, this guy's I mean, I think.
Speaker 3: That is somebody I do seek yeah, yeah, And and.
Speaker 1: I guess it's just our sense of humor everybody likes what they like, but theolon to some people, it's like this guy stupid, but I don't get it, and I will laugh uncontrollably at certain things he says, just because again he's right there in my wheelhouses, but as far as what I found funny. So all right, we've got another update of Trapping the Weather coming your way. Also, we'll hit another sports update in about four minutes. Right here on, there's ready to wait forty whas