Speaker 1: This is WBZY, Boston's news radio. We defining local news seventy seven degrees in Boston at four o'clock that it was brought to you by the Good Feat Store, Improving people's lives two feet at a time. Good afternoon. I'm Ben Parker. Here's what's happening. Keilton Hotel workers in Boston ratify a new union contract after they spent more than three weeks on strike. The unite Here Local twenty six union representing the workers had reached an agreement with Hilton. The deal met union demands of ten dollars an hour, wage increases over four years for non tipped workers, maintenance of workers healthcare benefits, and improved hiring in severance language. The hotel workers now do back on the job at four o'clock tomorrow morning. A busy day on the campaign trail for both candidates this afternoon. Former President Donald trumpsofton Nevada Hill host a rally tonight in the six o'clock hour. The former president held a rally earlier this afternoon in New Mexico, where he told Vice President Kamala Harris will not be able to deliver on her message to unify the country.
Speaker 2: Talking about we're gonna have unity, and then she calls to me a faccist in the next sentence, This is the worst unifier.
Speaker 1: Vice President Harris, meantime, is getting ready for a rally in Arizona set to start soon. She'll speak in Nevada tonight as well. Before traveling to Arizona. This morning, the Vice President met with reporters to respond to comments about women from former President Trump at a rally last night.
Speaker 3: Vice President Harris said this comment by former President Donald Trump that he would be a protector of women, whether they like it or not, is the latest in a series of quote reveals about how he thinks about women.
Speaker 4: It actually is very offensive to women in terms of not understanding their agency, their authority, their right, and their ability to make decisions about their own lives.
Speaker 3: Harris says Trump continues to verify and validate and reinforce he doesn't prioritize the freedom of women to make decisions about their own bodies. Karen Travers ABC News the White House.
Speaker 1: Five days until election days stayed with WBZ News Radio along the campaign trail, and don't forget join us on election night. We will have results beginning at eight pm. Then of course, have you covered throughout the day and online as we stream on the iHeart radio app. A man's been arrested in connection with vandalizing a political sign with a swastika in Cohaset of Frederick Laidlaw allegedly spray painted a swastika on a political sign supporting the Trump campaign. That sign belonged to the chair of the Cohaset Republican Town Committee. Many instances of political sign theft and vandalism have occurred recently, more at time to mail in votes in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, re judge they are ruling to extend the deadline after Republicans had cried followed.
Speaker 5: Move to extend the mail in deadline comes after the campaigns for former President Donald Trump and Republican Senate candidate Dave McCormick sued Bucks County for voter suppression. They claimed people were turned away before the original five pm deadline on Tuesday, and we're not allowed to comple the whole voting process at the Bucks County Administration building. Bucks County officials claimed they followed the state's law, but the judge found they violated Pennsylvania election code.
Speaker 1: Not as CBS's jan Caribillo. We's got some pretty warm weather out there today. Temperature has got well into the seventies. We hit eighty in a few places, and still at eighty degrees in Norwood this afternoon, so there's plenty of warmth out there. Keep the jacket at home, I guess tonight for trick or treating partially the mostly cloudy skies. Later on, temperatures eventually fall back into the low sixties. We may have a shower first thing tomorrow, then some sunshine breaks back out, the temperatures climb into the mid to upper seventies, and we do have red flag warnings that go into effect at eight o'clock tomorrow morning across Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. Danger of fires around the region, especially with the low humidity and some of the wind gusts that could hit thirty or thirty five miles an hour. Tomorrow. We will get in on cooler weather as we head into tomorrow night forty five for the low with clear skies, and then Saturday and Sunday sunshine but only in the fifties. Right now, seventy seven degrees here in Boston. You know what's kind of scary. This Halloween. How about the weather? All right, maybe it's not hot, but certainly it is much warmer than most October thirty first, As we hear from wdbz's Madison.
Speaker 6: Rodgers, remember when you were a kid and you wanted to show off your cool costume but had to cover it up with a big puppy jacket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or wear something underneath, like long sleeves and long pants underneath.
Speaker 6: Definitely, Well, it's not a problem this year. It's tents in the eighties for this Hallow's Eve, flirting with record heat. Jack O lanterns carved a couple of days ago were already grimacing on death stoor step.
Speaker 1: You know, global warming is probably gonna kill us all but other than that, it's fine spooky.
Speaker 6: If you're a kid, though, or if you have a kid in toe, this is certainly a treat.
Speaker 1: You know, it's October thirty firsts, Why won't you be wearing sandals?
Speaker 6: Happy Halloween. I just don't let the chocolate melt in Summerville. I'm Madison Rogers, WBZ Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 1: Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren is questioning the Department of Justice and its failure to hold TD Bank executives accountable. She is calling it legal gymnastics that allowed the bank to escape the death penalty. A settlement by the Justice Department with TD Bank over money laundering and other charges did not include any of the bank's high level executives, and Warren, writing to the Attorney General Merrick Garland, the way the DOJ structured the plea agreement ensures the TD Bank will not face the full range of penalties that Congress hasn't acted for banks that engage in criminal money laundering. Warren notes the bank's crimes hurt hundreds of thousands of people. WBZ News Radio reaching out to the Justice Department and TD Bank for comment, TD Bank saying they have no comment at this time. In East Tennessee, some progress is being made after hurricane flooding.
Speaker 2: Crews have been able to build a new bridge Long Eye twenty six in Northeast Tennessee, there was washed away by historic rainfall from Hurricane Helen nearly five weeks ago. The single span will allow for one lane of traffic in each direction. We're still adding up the dollars, but it is several hundred million dollars of damage that we have seen here in East Tennessee, which ELA is with the Tennessee Department of Transportation. I forty remains closed near the Tennessee North Carolina border after it was washed away during Helene. Jim Chrysil the CBS News.
Speaker 1: You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Ben Parker, WBZ, Boston's news radio