Speaker 1: Welcome to today's Breakthrough Lab. Your next breakthrough starts here. Today. I have a special guest which I met at a very impactful and I would say just Breakthrough weekend where we both joined a program called the Bridge Method, and we just dropped some major energy there. I saw this beautiful soul dancing and showing up as this wonderful source of energy in the world, and I said, I need to get her on the Breakthrough Lab. So let me present to you her because this this spio here is so beautiful and special. Today I'm joined by Samantha, founder of Soma House, a sanctuary inspired by aer venic wisdoms and mindful living. Her work reminds us that true healing begins when we slow down and listen to the intelligence of our own bodies. In this episode, we explore how much intentional movement and inner alignment can help us restore peace and clarity in a world that never stops moving. If you've been craving for a grounded path to renew, this conversation is for you. Welcome everyone to the Breakthrough Lab. Samantha Woo, let's go, Let's go. Samantha, Welcome, Welcome, nice to be here. Thanks for having Yeah, so, oh my god, I am ecstatic to have you here. It's been it's I feel like I haven't seen you in a long time, but it's only been like two weeks. And boy, how was the Bridge method for you?
Speaker 2: Incredible?
Speaker 3: Still unclear on how everything is different, but everything does feel different.
Speaker 2: So and then that followed by Extreme.
Speaker 3: It's just been kind of there's a lot to kind of integrate and process. But I love to show up differently in life, in just kind of daily tasks and in the subtlety of it all.
Speaker 2: So I'm very.
Speaker 3: Inspired and curious to see how it continues to unfold.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's been a it's been a remarkable two weeks for me. You stayed for Extreme, I hear, and so like, yeah, I'm kind of like even jealous here because like, man, I would have loved to have stayed as well. You'll be so very cool, right, Yes, I will definitely be back in February. I can't wait. I cannot wait. So yeah, So, Samantha, you had a journey where at one point you were listening to a new book, right, and you felt so moved. I think correct me if I'm wrong. Tears started flowing and you were living with your boyfriend. Yeah, yeah, living with your boyfriend, and you're so moved by I think the idea of conception through what you were hearing, and you said, I got to move to New Mexico, And so I think this person became your your teacher, your guide, person of a source of knowledge, a source of wisdom for you. And so like, tell me what did what is it mean to have a calling like that and to have something that just moves you so deeply?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So, well, his name is doctor Laud.
Speaker 3: He he became my teacher, and I moved to New Mexico to study with him the calling. So that moment, that kind of pivotal moment of just listening to his voice, he was, like you said, he was describing conception through the aerveda lens and it just brought me to tears. And I knew in that moment that I needed to go deeper in this realm of Araveda. But the journey started long before that, I would say, with Chinese medicine, having some really great breakthroughs basically in my own health with a Chinese medicine doctor, maybe fifteen years ago, when I lived in New York City and then fast forward back up kind of always wanting to be involved in the healing arts, but basically doing every other thing instead.
Speaker 2: Like when I look back on the journey, it's.
Speaker 3: Like I was getting tons of hits and tons of calls in that direction, but I was like, Oh, let me become a jeweler.
Speaker 2: Oh let me do this, Oh let me do that, like just other things.
Speaker 3: Which are all important things to do, but like really avoiding that path and on that moment when the tears came.
Speaker 2: But there's another piece to it. You mentioned.
Speaker 3: I was living with my boyfriend at the time, who was and is a doctor who also has an interest in Ariveda and some other you know, kind of Eastern philosophy. And I remember that in the beginning of our relationship, it was I was jealous of him, like I felt the jealousy of like I want to be devoting my time to Ariveda and to delving deeper and to be working with clients and all these things that I saw him doing. Granted, his at the time was more from my perspective through the allipathic lens as far as his actual practice goes, although his you know, knowledge and kind of passion was much broader than all apathy. But anyway, it was that piece of like I want that that finally triggered me to realize, yes, you've been avoiding this for twelve years.
Speaker 2: Like now it's it's time.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: A little bit of jealousy, a little bit of tears on a walk hearing doctor Lott talks about and I decided to move to New Mexico.
Speaker 2: A couple of months later.
Speaker 3: I just called the mission staff and said I need to apply and and made the move.
Speaker 1: What a beautiful journey so far. And so you're sitting there in the room, uh, filled with jealousy and emotion, right, and it's very hard to like get well maybe not for you, but let's figure this out. Uh, it's hard to like just leave a city, right, like especially like you were in New York City at the time, you said, and to make a big move. To me, you're in La, Okay, Yeah, so you're in La at the time where this moved to equally two of the biggest cities in America, right, very social places where people lots of movement. And to just pick up two months later and move it's a big deal. You know, what do you think inside of you shifted, you know at that moment, right, what was what was the thing that just said snapped into place for you and said this has got to be it.
Speaker 3: I think it was almost just kind of observing my own emotional reaction to that, you know, seeing the tears, like being unable to deny how deeply I felt this to be my calling and something that I was just interested in exploring for myself and ultimately to share with others. There was just kind of no denying it at that point. So yeah, and then also to feel the connection. I didn't actually know who doctor Laude was at the time. This was my first time, you know, I'd found his book somehow, I don't remember exactly how, but I was new to him. And so I think that something else clicked in that moment of like, oh, like you know, he can be my guide, like I will, I will, Like I found someone who can be my guide. It's kind of like when the student is ready, the teacher appears like he appeared to me in that So true, and so I felt safe to be like, all right, we're going got it?
Speaker 1: Got it? Yeah? And it requires a sense of like relinquishment of control to be led and to be guided by somebody. Right, so beautiful. I love it, Like I almost like I'm just envisioning you in that in that in that space, on that day and having those those energetic shifts and the call really stand forward. Yeah, now some of us have a call for the healing arts. It's something that I'm also embodying recently as well. And just like you, there's a sense of avoidance, you know, where like you know, situations, things you know, like maybe I've been a career coach for twelve years, but I realized that I was healing people. I was giving them optimism, joy and a sense of confidence. Right. What do you think was your avoidance during that period where like things keep coming up like like hey, Samantha, this is kind of for you. What do you think was your hesitance to to move forward in that direction?
Speaker 3: Well maybe kind of just sometimes it's hard to be asked to step up and really make changes in your own life.
Speaker 2: And that's what this journey has been for me.
Speaker 3: Like first and foremost, it was utilizing these principles of vir Veta to heal myself and to work on myself and to learn about myself and to meet myself you know, it was all this journey to the self, and that can be an intimidating journey because that's kind of like the real shit.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 3: It's it's and to do it and to step into it. Yeah, and it's obstant choice to keep stepping toward that. And yeah, I also think that I think just kind of my own and I still see this in myself today, but issues around making commitments and like wanting to go experience all the flavors of life and go here and go there, and do this and do that, and build a lot of one story buildings. Finally it became clear to me, like, well, I'm ready to start building a two story, a three story, a four story building. Like I oh me, that's that was difficult because I'm just kind of like grabbing, grabbing, And I'm still like that.
Speaker 2: I still notice that tendency.
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmmmm, I get it. I get It's like, do you want the chocolate bar or the bag of skittles. The bag of scales gives you all the colors and flavors. Well, the chocolate bar, well it it tastes yummy, but there's so much other cool things in the world, right, Yeah, yeah, what would you recommend. Yeah, I think a lot of people struggle with that too, particularly people that are very spiritual. What would you recommend for someone who you know does want to like experience as much of the world, but you know, life sort of like demands that you that you create something, something you know that like for legacy or something that just has a great found that you could build on. What do you think is a good like piece of advice for someone that kind of has that personality, but it's having a calling to build something.
Speaker 3: I would say that this is something that has been said to me over the years and it really helped me.
Speaker 2: It's like, whatever we do, we're going in the same direction.
Speaker 3: Like the surfer finds God out on a wave, you know, the architect finds God when they deepen and deepen into their practice as an architect. And it's like it's it's all one thing, Like we don't have the time this lifetime to become a masterful surfer, a masterful architect, a masterful engineer, a masterful body worker, a master like it's not actually possible this lifetime, so.
Speaker 2: You know, just choose one.
Speaker 3: And it's hilarious to hear me even say that because, like I'm saying, I've chosen so many different things, but as I kind of like anchor into one, like I see what that does, like moving toward and by no means a mass about moving toward that, you know, committing committing one step after the next in one direction. Yeah, I mean that's been kind of like the deepest growth for me.
Speaker 1: So I have to say that's probably one of my favorite things I've ever heard while doing this podcast. I love that the surfer finds God in the wave, the reiki master finds you know, God in transferring energy and unblock and energy. I love that. Yeah, it's so deep that actually like gave me the goosebumps here. So you're so obviously you've been through a journey, right and you said before your veda there was you know, going through like Chinese practices or Chinese methodologies. Tell me about like what that meant for you, because obviously you were out there searching for something. Did you have things happen in your life that sort of you know, brought you to a healing journey And now obviously you're on the other side of the coin where you're healing, helping others heal, but Yeah, was there a journey there that occurred that you sought out something else, you know, to help you to get more whole or remember yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the way you're wording it really resonates with me because that's what I was doing, like searching, searching, seeking, seeking. I had basically I had chronic back pain, and I dealt with that for probably over fifteen years. It's kind of since childhood, and that kind of put me on this journey of seeking so much help outside of myself, really constantly kind of giving my power to someone outside of myself. Can the PT help me? Can the body worker help me? Can the Chinese medicine doctor help me?
Speaker 2: Like? Can you help me? Can you help me?
Speaker 3: I'm in this office, I'm in that office, Like, can someone help me, you know, outside of myself. And while a lot of those while I did receive help in some relief from these various practitioners, it finally became clear to me that it's like this is an inside job, you know, Like, of course we can reach out to people who are expert their fields for help, but like, what is actually happening here within me? Like what is this mysterious chronic back pain? That no one could really help me find a cure for. And everyone was just kind of speaking at it in their lens. So, you know, the physical therapist says, do this strengthening exercises. The chiropractor says, let me crack your back every Tuesday. You know, everyone just uses their lens to speak, which is super valid, But I'm like, what's my lens?
Speaker 2: Like, what's actually happening for me? Where is this back pain coming from?
Speaker 3: So that combined with I had been taking birth control in my late teens and early twenties, and when I stopped taking birth control, I didn't start my period again. And it was a Chinese medicine practitioner that did. Within a month with through needling and herbs, my period was started again.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Walking this line of the how powerful this medicine was. Like I would leave my appointments with him, but I wouldn't leave. I'd stay there and keep asking questions. He's like, ma'am, like I have another client, you know. I'm just like, I can't let you think.
Speaker 1: And I love that.
Speaker 3: I was so curious, you know, and so I was seeing the potency of it, but also still that was an external kind of projection like can you help me?
Speaker 2: Can you help me?
Speaker 3: It was still like that, but as I, you know, kind of in my Chinese medicine study was always just very informal questioning my practitioners or reading a few books.
Speaker 2: Here and there.
Speaker 3: And then as I kind of leaned more towards the Arabada path, I realized all ariveda is really about, is you know, giving us guidance to understand our true nature and to read our own book. That's what my teacher, doctor Lot always says, Like the whole practice of aerveda is first of all figuring out how to read your own book, and then if you feel like sharing these tools, these ancient you know, practices helping other people read their own books. So that to me, and that combined with just the ancientness of this wisdom, like that's what felt so safe and empowering to me. Because the modern day the mind, the western medicine system, like it's very mental and very confusing and very not rooted in holistic healing and very trendy.
Speaker 2: Even you know this.
Speaker 3: Fad, that fad, this vegetables, yes, this vegetables that no eat meat, don't meet, don't eat meat, like all of this trending and it's just like wow, that is such a whirlwind of confusion. So anchoring things back into the ancient practices is what feels the most comforting to me because it's like these are time tested, five thousand year old practices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's incredible right that. I think there's almost like a full circle happening shift happening with society right now. We're just uh, all the quantum tests and physics and it's all pointing right back that the these ancient practices had it right some way, somehow, this ancient wisdom, you know, the Western world had completely forgot. They got too much in their own head, created structures and things that are aren't necessarily the most friendly to the human body right into the human psyche.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But some way, somehow, the the all the tests that they continue to crash molecules and atoms and and how these particles behave are just pointing to that this Eastern practices or really ancient wisdom from down from the from the Mayas to the Aztecs, to the Incas to the to Uh in India and in China, and Western practices, sorry, Eastern practices, that they all had something in common that you know, it all's internal, right, it's a it's a journey of within, as you stated, and so it's it's so beautiful. By the way, I'm so curious, now, how's your back pain?
Speaker 2: My back pain is gone.
Speaker 3: I haven't had any back pain about five or six years. And that's actually kind of the full little story around some should I go into it a little bit.
Speaker 2: There's there's a doctor.
Speaker 1: This is your show.
Speaker 4: This is your show, Samantha, doctor Starno, who he's cast away now, but he was a Western doctor, but he was kind of obsessed with in the eighties this mind body connection.
Speaker 3: Again, Eastern philosophy understands the mind body connection. Western medicine wasn't totally on board in the eighties, so he keeps kind of talking about mind body connection, mind body connection. He wrote this incredible book called it's like the corniest title, Healing your Back Pain, I think is the name of it.
Speaker 1: And I mean, you can't get any closer to what you need right totally.
Speaker 3: And my final kind of extreme flare up of my back, I was laying on the ground, you know, stuck down there, unable to move because the whole musculature had spasmed, and I saw on my book shelf, just a couple of shelves up like this book, you know, Healing Your Back Pain that I'd been carrying around for a couple of years and somehow never read small book.
Speaker 2: I just grabbed it off the shelf and read it in.
Speaker 3: One sitting, and yeah, and it sounds wild, but I haven't had back pain since because basically, wow, it's all kind of.
Speaker 2: Linked to pain.
Speaker 3: A lot of the pain in them that is really common, especially in the West, like neck pain, low back pain, sciatica, hit pain, these really common areas for pain.
Speaker 2: He kind of.
Speaker 3: Boils it down to all of that being associated with repressed emotions basically and oftentimes repressed rage.
Speaker 2: So that was kind of the.
Speaker 3: Beginning of my journey with rage because I didn't think I was angry.
Speaker 2: I remember being like rage, Like what rage?
Speaker 3: And after kind of reading through this book and doing some of the practices that he suggested, the back pain went away and then the rage surfaced.
Speaker 2: So that was a pretty ragefull couple of years.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, oh my god, I can't even imagine you. Your energy is You show up in the world so soft and gentle, I want to see raging Samantha. Very cool. Yeah, go ahead. You wanted to say something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just that you know, there's all of it there, And I think that's the thing is like when we suppress.
Speaker 2: Of course, we talked a lot about that a lot in Bridge.
Speaker 3: It's like when we're suppressing certain emotions, they're going to be popping up in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: And for me it was through body pain of the body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, incredible. So, by the way, I've had some back pain, so I'm going to have to read that book. And I just I loved the visualization of you completely in pain and like kind of like just you know, laying there and you look over to your shelf and you're like, you know, I should probably read that. Yes, I mean, like God in the universe. It's so beautiful. I love that as a story. You know, I would love to hear you tell that story on stage, to be honest. It sounds so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a key.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please do, please do, please do Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I can't wait. I'm gonna go rage mode. Yeah. So let's get into your practice, right, So are your vita you found yourself, how you moved to New Mexico. How many years did you study this? And then when did you say, like it's time for me to help other people read their book.
Speaker 3: So I studied with doctor Lott for two years first year, and then I took a year off from and I stopped studying with doctor Lodd for a year and I went to India and I studied with someone named doctor Ethla.
Speaker 2: She's she lives in poone.
Speaker 3: She's an Indian woman who's her entire practice is devoted to kind of preconception through postpartum care.
Speaker 2: So she's an aromatic doctor.
Speaker 3: And I had found actually a good friend of mine who was studying with doctor Loud our first year together. She found doctor Ethla on the Internet through a search. And by the time we were over there in India, I hadn't heard back from doctor Ethla, and I had been emailing her NonStop, and finally the emails started being like, Hey, I'm actually in India now, like I'm in South India now.
Speaker 2: No response a few days later, like I'm.
Speaker 3: Coming up to poone now, like I was just getting I'm like I'm coming to knock on.
Speaker 2: Your door, you know, And she finally emailed me a.
Speaker 3: Couple days earlier or like later, and was like Samantha, like, hello, I I've been missing these emails.
Speaker 2: I have a lot going on in my inbox. Like wow, you.
Speaker 3: Seem really interested in you know, coming to study, Like by all means, come up to Pune and and we can take a look at what I do and I can share, we can go through the classes that I offer with you and your friends. My friend and I went together. So that was that time in India, and then I came back and study with doctor Latte for another year.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: I guess, you know, they kind of give us the okay, it's like okay, go off, start your practice now. And that was a challenge because you know a lot of people are Veda means the.
Speaker 2: Science of life.
Speaker 3: It literally applies to everything that's living, but it's not like the most common word, and there's kind of a barrier.
Speaker 2: To entry there.
Speaker 3: You know, Chinese medicine has a lot more Chinese medicine is a licensed form of medicine now in this country, and a lot more people are aware of Chinese medicine, and there's some more tangible offerings like acupuncture. You know that we understand here now in the West, but Areveda seems to have a little bit more it has I think it's following as similar trajectory, but it's not as well known yet.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there have been some hurdles in that way.
Speaker 3: I like to practice kind of how much can I speak about Arebeda without ever saying the word, you know, because.
Speaker 2: The words so true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can become barriers to entry. But really we're we're just talking about what it means to be alive on human earth, like on Earth, we're not talking about anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that the signs of life. Yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe you don't even use that Eveda. I used to say, Hey, I studied the signs of life. It's such a beautiful word. By the way. And just like just like everyone, I guess, or like most people, I'm like, oh, what is that? Right? And so when you told me you had this practice, and when I'm at the event we were at where you detailed that you were having a woman's uh uh call it a seminar? Would you call it a seminar or would you call it more of a retreat? There we go, it's a better it's a gathering or retreat. Yes, I was immediately inspired because obviously it's you're bringing something new to the table, something that people are yet not aware of or may just have a little bit of knowledge. But like you, you know, you just you seemed so genuine about it. And I love the fact that you were like marketing this retreat within a seminar. It was a really funny reaction by the host. Right, but I found compellative obviously, bring it to the Breakthrough Lab to to to number one, talk about that and talk about your practice. So, so walk us through the science of life, right, walk us walk us through at your veda, Like, uh, how does one enter it? And and like what are some of the things that you can expect when when going to a practitioner like you? Cool?
Speaker 2: I love that question.
Speaker 3: So Areveda as a science of life is really a you know, a system of medicine that supports mind body spirit healing and really supports the truth that mind, body spirit are connected. So when we're we can go in kind of through any angle, like we can be treating the body as a result or you know, in an effort to find harmony in the mind or vice versa. So it's holistic in that way. I think some really key principles in Ireveda that apply to everything that you would do with a practitioner are that, you know, the world around us is made up of the five elements, and we are a microcosm of that macrocosmic world. So therefore we are also made up of the five elements. So we can look to the natural world around us to understand how are the five elements you know of earth, water, fire, air, and ether. How are those five elements? What's the dynamic there? And then we can look within our own body to find harmony and balance kind of with the support and the guidance of the natural world around us. So we when we kind of go one on one in consultation, we take a look at everything from you know, how do you feel when you wake up in the morning to what time of day do you have a bowel movement? And is it similar to a righte banana or is it you know, we just get into all the details immediately, like is there coding tongue? Question after question? Do you have ridges on your fingers? Like fingernails? So all these like kind of specific little things that we're looking at, take a look at the body and try to get an idea of what is out of balance, and so by nature, we're all out of balance. And that's okay, and that's great. That's part of being incarnated a human on planet Earth. If we weren't out of balance, we would be enlightened and we wouldn't be incarnated anymore. So it's like this beautiful journey. We're born with a constitution which is actually established at the moment of conception, which is what I was crying about back then when I was listening to the audiobook, because that's so epic. I'm like, what the hell you know? That's incredible. So that constitution's established at the moment of conception, we're currently operating in a state of imbalance, which is like another version of our constitution. And the whole journey of Ariveda is from this imbalanced state back to the balance state, which is unique for us because it's that balance of the five elements that was present when we were conceived. So it's not a prescriptive medicine and it's not a one size fits all. The same remedies for Giovanni would not be the same for Samantha. Although there's a lot of overlap because we all are humans dealing with so many of the same issues. But I just love how personalized it can get. I also love that, and definitely through my practice and through my one on one consultations and through the teaching that I do to groups. You know, understanding these five element the five element theory, and the Doshic theory and the twenty attributes that make up this manifest world, like, understanding these principles gives you the keys back to finding your own well being and your own harmony. So it dissolved this like practitioner client thing.
Speaker 2: That I would love to dissolve. I don't like man in the white coat, please tell me what I need. You know, I was on that journey. As I said earlier, he doesn't know.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know like I can bring to someone the ancient wisdom that I consider myself to be a steward of. And then from that place, you know, it's up to each one of us to, like you said, and like I said, and like doctor Laud said, read our own book and connect to our own inner guidance. So the prep, the one on one consultation, or the teaching can have really concrete steps like drinking warm water in the morning is your first thing that you drink, or a certain herbal formula that can be catered specifically to a person who's dealing with whatever health issues they're dealing with. You know, there's plenty of kind of offerings to be made, concrete offerings because it's a very it's mind body spirit, but it has very three D action, like we're here, we're incarnated on planet Earth. Let's take the action in the three D right, And Aribata really offers that because diet and lifestyle are the two pillars, and it really moves us away from of course, pill for an ill kind of stuff doesn't exist, and.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that one. Yeah, pill for a n ill.
Speaker 3: It's much more how are we going to understand the elements around us, under stand the cycles of the sun, understand the cycles of the seasons, understand our own constitution, and find harmony in all of that.
Speaker 2: So it's it's a lifestyle shift for sure.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, yeah, so like it sounds. So I did a little bit of research on it, and I did hear about how individualistic this practice can be. That you know, it really is tailored to that very individual's path. And their body type there the way they show up in the world, you know, their body composition. So it's very interesting to So I wouldn't I would. I would say there's like an insanely large body of knowledge that you have to digest, right is that? Is that a correct statement or like or can you elaborate on that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when it comes to too kind of analyzing someone's situation, do you mean that kind.
Speaker 1: Of yeah, yeah, yea, yeah exactly, yeah, yeah, I got So it's so individualistic that I'm assuming there's a large body of knowledge that you have to pull from and then like kind of like fine tune and tweak.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's a large body of knowledge, and it's so supported it you know, it's shared.
Speaker 2: Through the classical text in such a.
Speaker 3: And also I don't want to just say the classical text digested by doctor Lotte so well and shared with us, because I don't I can't just sit down and read a Sanskrit text right now. So thank god for all the people who have translated these texts into English. But because of the framework of the five elements and principles like opposites, balance opposites, or like increases, like you know, we're really simplifying things.
Speaker 2: So if we think about if you come with a big list.
Speaker 3: Of health concerns, let's say, and these things are like I'm I mean, any list anything skin rashes, diabetes, constipation, high blood pressure, balding, whatever it is you know, through the allopathic lens, that's like, whoa, my god, this is a huge list of symptoms. Ah, how are we gonna figure out how to treat all these different things? But with ira Veda, we kind of take a look again at the elemental balance, what's gone out of balance, and then we utilize that principle of opposites balance opposites to just bring balance to the system. So if we hear bloodshot eyes, bleeding gums, and extreme irritability, we're not going we don't get super overdone by that. We're like, okay, this is high pitza. There's a little bit excess fire in the body.
Speaker 2: So we just can kind of simplify it down in that way, and we always look for confluence. We would never make any decisions based off of one comment or one observation that we made. We're always.
Speaker 3: Taking a lot of information in from the client. What do they have to share, We're using our observation. We do pulse reading to feel into the body, so we come at it from different angles before we make any sort of conclusion. But yeah, when we do make that conclusion, it's simplified down into like the science of the elements, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I completely I love it. I love it is seeing something for complex the complexity and seeing how all the systems play together and then you create a simple solutions even though the problem may seem complex in nature. Yeah, yeah, so beautiful. I really love it. Yeah. Now, you know, one of the things in my research is that there's a there's a lot there's herbs to use and talk me about the the the things that the tools that you can use and now your VETA and to help your client. What are some of the tools other than obviously the there's your knowledge base, but like tools and practices that enhance this practice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I would say our main a lot of our tools are linked directly to digestion and supporting healthy digestion in a client. So that can be the digestion on kind of the gross dense level that we think of, like I need to digest my food. But we also have a concept in airiveta. That's really critical, and it's called ugny, and ugny again, it represents our digestive fire, but it also represents basically the ugni is in every cell, it's in every organ, it's in my tongue, it's in my eyes, it's in my fingernails again, it's in my thyroid. Ugnies everywhere, and it's kind of this gatekeeper between the outside and inside world. So everything that happens in the world around me needs to be digested by this gatekeeper called ugne. So if I eat some pizza, it needs to be digested. If I watch a movie, it needs to be digested. If I have a challenging conversation with my coworker, it needs to be digested. If I listen to some music, it needs to be digested. If I drink water, it needs to be digested. So a basic or basic and complex at the same time thing that we're always trying to do in Araveda is support ugny. So we can come at that with physical things like like you mentioned with herbs.
Speaker 2: It's like we can.
Speaker 3: Basically offer people suggestions on herbs to take that have the same qualities as ugny, are the same qualities as fire, so a more pungent heating quality to bolster and kindle that digestive fire again in an obvious spot, like in our stomach, but also in our minds, in our liver, everywhere.
Speaker 2: Augny is everywhere.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so we utilize herbs a lot for that. We utilize routine a lot. There's a concept in Ariveda called vata, which is basically the air element, and so this is going to account for any movement in the body, from the movement of my hand to the movement of my breath, to the movement of my thoughts. And because it's so light and airy, it goes out of balance very easily. A plane ride puts this out of balance. A lack of sleep puts this out of balance. So airaveda, we take so much care with the routine, so constantly making suggestions on routine. And how are we knowing what the routine should be. We're looking to the outside world. So if the sun is high in the sky from ten am to two pm, that's when we need to eat our lunch because we can see that the digestifier of the natural world around us is strong right now. So when we start implementing these routines that we're not just making them up. The sages and rishi's who downloaded this information into the classical text gathered this all from what they were seeing in the natural world, which is a reflection of us.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So supporting ugny and digestion and implementing routine are two of the main pieces in aramatic support.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's so beautiful. I really feel like it's it's like becoming one with the world, you know, which I feel like human beings, we've disconnected ourselves from nature so much, and I feel like this practice sort of takes our little puzzle piece and puts us right back. Yeah, in in harmony, in uh, in tandem, link to link, you know, quantum field to quantum field, and it just locks us back into that beautiful natural state of being one with the world. And and it sounds so so beautiful. It's like a beautiful work of art because see all the breaststrokes. Yeah, so what what would be like an.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, when you said work of art, this little tagline that I'm working with is the science of life, which we know means I the science of life is an art because this is an art, you know, And so I love.
Speaker 1: I am going to reinforce that tagline. I really like it. And what do you think is uh so it's Irata just seems like it's ideal for everyone, right, But like you know, people are going to have different callings for different things and different experience in the world. So what would be an ideal client, you know, of yours? Right, if someone's experiencing X ir Veda, look into are Veda, look into uh, you know, Samantha's practice, like look into some in my house. So if if that client's experience an X this might be for you, what would that look like?
Speaker 3: So I love working with women, and I work with men too, but I really love working with women, and I love working with women around well women and men around preconception. And so basically there's a three and a half roughly three and a half month protocol that kind of sets people up to conceive in the way that we plan for a lot of things. I mean, most people plan their wedding for three and a half months, but they don't plan their conception, you know. And so Areveda offers such an incredible protocol that kind of sounds like a sterile word because it's such a divine act.
Speaker 1: No, I love it. Yeah, I know protocol is kind of sterile, but I get it. It's a great word for what you're.
Speaker 3: And so I love working with people who are trying or thinking about conceiving.
Speaker 2: And again, it's like.
Speaker 3: That protocol could really benefit anyone because it's just a balancing act, Like what are we doing with everything? We're just trying to come back into balance, back into harmony. I also love working with women in the postpartum period. The reason is because that's kind of I mean, that's a time where people need support. The forty two days after birth are considered the sacred window, and so many women in this culture, in this country are not getting the support that they need during that time, and so true, right, and it's devastating. And I think that one of the most radical acts ever is for women to start reclaiming that time during the sacred window after birth, not just for themselves, not just for their baby, but for society as a whole. Because the more mothers who we support, the more that just kind of fractals out into all of society. Like the mothers need support, especially, you know, especially during that time right after birth.
Speaker 2: So I love working in that.
Speaker 3: Realm and then and then I just love working with anyone who's open to slowly and gracefully making shifts in their life. You know, Ireveda is not like a super fast Oh here's this herb and all your issues are gone, because that's a construct of the mind that doesn't even exist, you know what. Like it's like kind of an allopathic thing that we don't we see that it doesn't really work. So it's a slow journey. It's like we keep saying, a journey inward. It's a very sacred journey. And so anyone who's interested in that on any level is uh, you know, a candidate for Arabdic learnings.
Speaker 1: So beautiful. I resonate with you on the support for women so much. Our society here in the Western world has just created structures that don't where these things that women go through, they're looked at like less than you know, like oh my God, like like like why are you complaining? Right when it's I means you this is a portal that you just get gave life through and you're giving a gift to the world.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: The world is there are many things. There's a microphone here because someone decided to have a baby who had the talent to look at engineering. And so the world is has become a much better place because someone decided to have a baby. And here we are not supporting the one thing that gives us, you know, shifts and this modern world whether we like it or not, but it's a world that has created a lot of comfort and it's all because a mom decided like, yes I will conceive and yes I will bring life into the world. So I just love that that you're providing a space for women there. Yeah, I applaud that. And heck, if I ever decide to conceive, I might have to, like, you know, give you attle call there. So yeah, So tell me about Soma House, right, Like, tell me what what does Soma House mean? And by the way, I love your logo. Shout out to your designer, Like your logo is a logo within a logo within a logo. It's like inception, you know. And so tell me what does so House mean? Why did why did you pick that as a as a as a business name? And then and also walk me through your logo too.
Speaker 3: Okay, so my logo was made by an incredible woman. Her Instagram is Vara Koya if you want to check her out. I'd been following her for years. She's an incredible artist and when I finally decided I need a logo for this Somma house, she was the first person that came to mind. And we patiently and almost like laboriously went through this process for months.
Speaker 2: But the logo itself, I wanted to see if I could just look at it while I speak about it.
Speaker 1: But it's yeah, I almost wish I had the graphic to put it up.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: You know what, while you talk, I'm going to bring up your website.
Speaker 3: So it has in the middle of the a drop of soma. And this is like a pearly drop of the most nourishing substance on the planet that nourishes everyone. It's ruta. It's the like nectar of life. It's the fountain of youth. It's the most it's the water, it's it's all the nourishing fluids and waters in your body.
Speaker 2: It's the juiciness of life. It's love like that is soma.
Speaker 3: And in the forehead of the two beings there's a flame. And so that's that ugny that I was talking about earlier of just that ultimate kind of yes, simply put digestion, but it's everything, like ugne is the gatekeeper of everything, and ugny is kind of the optimal health is dependent upon the state of ugny, and ugny is the first word in the Vedic text, like it's the it's ugny is like almost everything you know. But then when you go to say something's almost everything, then you look at its opposite and then you see soma, and then you realize it's just this one kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So it's all there in this logo.
Speaker 3: The reason I chose to have the two beings is because I do kind of focus on that preconception and postpartum window. I love the kind of divine mother holding a smaller being. And yeah, I'm I love this logo. I'm so in love with it, actually.
Speaker 1: But I'm looking at it right now and I just love that it's it's like another human being nurturing another human being, nurturing the light within that human being, nurturing their own light within the human being. You know, it's open to interpretation, and I just really love it. So, yeah, it's such a beautiful logo. And then and then the company name right, Soma house. You know, what does that? What does that mean to you? Like it sounds so warm and in fighting.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm yeah, so kind of like the concept of some of just being this ultimate nourisher and this kind of uh you know, I think of it representing the feminine and the moon and water and just such yeah, such nourishment. And then I like the word house because it's like brings kind of a little bit of that masculine container too, of like house like structure, containment, Like it's both they're both there for me and soch not just fluid, it's.
Speaker 2: All of it, like we need we need the container for that fluidity. So to me, it feels complete in that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would agree. I would agree. Yeah, I get that sense. I get that feeling, and it matches you, matches your personality as a beautiful container of this energy right now? Does does is there anything because there's mind, body, and spirit, right, is there anything in ir veta that that enhances that spirituality? Right? Maybe if someone has spiritual gifts. I'm in a very spiritual journey this year, and so is there anything there that that enhances spirituality? It's obviously addressing bodily needs and being in tune and in harmony with nature. But is there also, you know, something that enhances that spiritual experience that it is to be a human being.
Speaker 2: M I love that question.
Speaker 3: Yes, a big part of Araveda is like prianium, which means breath work basically speaking. But also you know, meditation is incorporated into this too. So we have a couple of beautiful basically I want to share so hum which means that's Sanskrit word, but it means I am that, like in the way that I am that I'm everything around me, Like we're all, like you said earlier, like we're kind of finally people are we as modern humans are kind of waking up to the fact that we're all.
Speaker 2: We're one with the planet around us.
Speaker 3: It's really like a remembering, right, because no matter how much we try to separate ourselves from that, we can't, Like even in the way that we are doing our weird modern thing.
Speaker 2: We still can't separate. That's the whole trip. You can't separate. We're one.
Speaker 3: So so hum, I am that I am everything around me. We are one essentially, And so there's a beautiful meditation where doctor Lott has described it to us as like an inhale. If we listen close enough, the inhale makes the sound so and the exhale makes the sound hum. Just you know, in our minds, it's not really like an audible say it out loud, and that meditation is super powerful for just kind of enhancing our spiritual connection. So many of us, as students of him, have gone to him doctor Lotd.
Speaker 2: Like what's our mantra? Like what do we do?
Speaker 3: You know, just like being students and being curious, like wanting something from him, like what's the solution again, doctor Lodd, you know, and he's always like, so hummed dear, like so hum, that's that's what you do on your meditation.
Speaker 2: So with the inhale and hum with the.
Speaker 3: Scale and just like like you're laughing, like the almost comic like comedic simplicity of that. And to doctor Loud, who's been there and done it all and come back to just so hum, it's like that's so life, you know, all the complexity and really it's.
Speaker 2: Just so hum on the xcale.
Speaker 3: There are also a couple of really powerful premiums that I love when it comes to connecting ourselves to the our divinity.
Speaker 2: One of them is kind of I could demonstrate it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it would be like through a podcast, but I'd also love to share it with you offline so that you know. But it's a really kind of beautiful way to open the throat and kind of lean up and look up, gesturing to the divine and then bringing kind of that energy back in and circulating it with the mantra heart a home. So that's a beautiful aribated practice as well. And then just kind of the general uh establishment of any daily practice, in my opinion, is like one of the most spiritual acts, do you know what I mean? It like gives that container for you to amplify your own amplify your own spirituality.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah, I love that. I love anything that amplifies spirituality these days, anything that that really enhances that beautiful sid Now you refer to a reincarnate right, uh incarnated b right, what we are if we're if we think about that a soul and there's a soul in that that soul has a container be in the human body. Is there anything in ariveda that seeks to maybe explain why the human why the soul comes on this journey, and there's a sense of becoming out of balance to rebalance. But is there anything further in that particular in aw your veda that seeks to explain why the soul decides to take this journey?
Speaker 2: I love that question.
Speaker 3: So interestingly enough, I've heard through my teacher some really funny things thinking of like our last desires in our last realm our last life. Doctor Lott always talks about like if you were the moment you died, you didn't have your thoughts on God. If you had your thoughts on God, perhaps you'd be liberated from this wheel. But instead you were thinking about how you lived your life and you didn't have enough children. I really wanted children and I didn't have enough children or whatever the desire was. And then you come back incarnated as like a pig who has like sixteen piglets or something.
Speaker 2: So there you got your.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, like you got your wish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you got your wish.
Speaker 3: And so I don't know exactly what says about why we why our souls choose to come here. I think that I mean, there's this idea of like the four yugas or like these four really big spans of time or like eras, and right now we're in one called caliyuga.
Speaker 2: Which is I like at the peak of confusion.
Speaker 3: And everything is heightened and everything's moving quickly and confusingly, and I think we can see that in the state of Affairs and just you know, it's this confusion of the out of the body and what the heck's going on type situation. But I've also had it shared with me through my teacher that this is actually souls choose to come down through this time because it's a time when rapid quick change is possible. And we see that because then there's like you could have Satya yuga like a very much more kind of peaceful, ech clear, equaniminous and never know how to pronounce that word time where everything is kind of just perfect and gentle, but in slow moving But we've chosen everyone who's here right now to come down in this time of like extreme chaos.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It almost feels like a pressure cooker for karmac burning. It's like if our soul has these karmas and we're moving through them every lifetime, and if we're here, that means we had karma to continue processing. We're actually here in a good time when rapid karma processing is possible. But it's also a time when it's very easy to pick up a lot of insane karma. So but if we keep doing our practices, we can like cut through some shit quickly, I think during this yuga.
Speaker 1: So you know, I love that there's an opportunity, opportunity cut through. I love that it's such a beautiful explanation, you know. And obviously there's so much of this world has to offer and so much to explore in spirituality. But I do love that. I do love what you just brought to the table here. I hope it resonates with someone I needed to hear that. So I want to talk about when women gather. Right, You've got this incredible, uh retreat coming up. It's in Mexico, of all places, beautiful Mexico, hot weather. You know, I think I saw some of the pictures. How would you describe them, like bungalows or huts.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, little bungalows kind of tepee style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look so wonderful. I'm like, I want to I want to be a girl now and I want to gather. So, yeah, tell me about like, what do you what do you think these incredible women that are going to sign up for this, uh, for this retreat, what what are they going to get out of this amazing experience?
Speaker 3: So they're going to get they're getting the deepest kind of invitation for just rejuvenation, a soulful experience which will of course be rooted in iobatic wisdom as we've been talking, but also really just rooted in the experience of being a woman. Will be seeing what does happen when women gather, you know, And.
Speaker 2: So that's up to be decided.
Speaker 3: It's not definable because of the kind of sacred magic that happens. And we'll be kind of going through the cycles, the archetypes of womanhood from maiden to mother, to sorceress to crone and how does that impact not only our monthly cycle, but the cycle of our entire life and delving into that, and we'll be coming together many generations, you know. I keep encouraging people to bring your mother, bring your daughter, because we cannot get enough generations together, like the wisdom that our elders can offer us, the wisdom that our children can offer us, and all together and just dropping into our experience of womanhood, looking at all the places where that are shrouded in mystery. When you look at a woman's experience right now, menarchy, pre pregnancy, postpartum, menopause, all of this is shrouded in mystery. And we can be sure that when something is shrouded in mystery, it's exactly where our power lies.
Speaker 2: So coming together in.
Speaker 3: Our voices and speaking about these experiences, just sharing just an older woman sharing an experience with a younger woman, or a younger woman sharing their experience of recently beginning their bleed, for example, Like that is the medicine in and of itself, that right there, and somehow that's been taken out of this culture. And so in that way, just the essence of womanhood. We're going to just like get into the essence of womanhood and we're going to be supported. Like I said, buy this Aravatic container. So we're going to be It's a five day retreat, so we will be experiencing the iervadic daily routine.
Speaker 2: So what do we do in the morning, when are we eating our lunch?
Speaker 3: What are we eating We're going to be eating according to Arabatic principles, what is the ideal sleep cycle. You know, what time are we going to be going to bed? What are our evening rituals? So we're going to be implementing all of these things and just to get an experience, an embodied experience of that for five days together the support of each other, and then you know, and from there, like I've said, iravada is a gradual thing. It doesn't actually do much good to try to implement everything at once in your life on a Monday, like it's setting yourself up for failure. So yeah, like in any lens, so we'll get to experience a lot of these practices and then we'll slowly integrate back into our lives or really forward into our lives, taking what it is that we feel we can take right now, what is actually serving us right now. There's like a concept, like a Yogic concept of a parigraha, which means like greed, and we see that a lot like greed.
Speaker 2: We want it all.
Speaker 3: We're like in the information era, right there's so much information. I can go on the Internet right now and look up anything. But is that embodied wisdom for me? Is it just more information? More information has to be digested by ugny, like we were saying earlier. So when it's not, it just creates waste and build up in the system. So we're not wanting to do that. We're not wanting to overload the attendees of this retreat. We're wanting to like really gracefully offer things that can be again like yeah, gracefully taken forward into life at a slow pace. We're going to be honoring cycles and stillness and deep reast and.
Speaker 2: You know, womanhood.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, like I want to be there and I'm not a woman, So it sounds so beautiful, Like I'm gonna definitely promote it, and this is an amazing event happening so so our audience can know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's happening in March, so twenty twenty six, March twenty seventh through April first m h And it's in Baja Mexico.
Speaker 1: Awesome, are you Baja Mexico? Baha? You can't go wrong with Baja Mexico. Also, like if anyone like obviously, yeah, yeah, you can't. The weather's beautiful down there, been there once where as far as like, so obviously there's a cost to go there. Are you offering payment plans if anyone's like interested to go or like, you know, how can someone sign up? You know, tell me everything. I want our audience to definitely know where to find you and where to find the event.
Speaker 3: So, yes, we are offering payment plans, and we're also offering so if finances are an issue, there's no way that we can't work on a payment plan that would work for any kind of situation. I have some generic payment plans lined out on the website and that's Soma House dot org slash Retreats. But and we're also offering something that I'm super excited about, which is twenty percent off for any women who come together. So, like I said, because I'm really wanting to encourage us to get our sisters here and our friends and our mothers and our daughters. If two women come together, it's twenty percent off the rate of the retreat. And yeah, so Soma House. My instagram is at Soma House. And then but soa house dot org slash Retreats has the option to select the type of room that you want because there's different there's different prices, you know, if you want to share a room, if you want a single room. So there's a lot of flexibility around price, and yeah, we I mean, I would not want to turn anyone away due to lack of fun. So I'm always I'm very accessible through Instagram. Anyone can reach out to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I have to say, ladies, I'm super excited for this event. Please sign up. If you're watching this episode, you know this this practice just seems so good, especially for the times that we're living right now. And uh and we're to the point now where Samantha, I really invite my guests to drop something, you know, a mantra principle, a word of wisdom, something that speaks to you, maybe something that spoke to you today, maybe something you've been through and you want to share. Is that? Are you open to that? I'd love for you to leave something for the audience. Awesome, So I'm going to make you number numo who here see if I remember, I think this is it? There we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, so what's coming to me right now is just that, like this lifetime is about finding a path to connecting with our own inner guidance. That's the whole thing. And like we can utilize so many external tools to get on that path and along that path. But ultimately it's about our own inner wisdom. So all the ways that we have to do that, of course for me Ariveda being a strong one of those, I just yeah, I just invite everyone to kind of take a moment to figure out what is that for them and then to hold on to that, you know, to keep going with that.
Speaker 1: Thank you again for joining me on the Breakthrough Lab. It's been the pleasure. Again. I just loved you and your buddy paired up at the Bridge method Dan saying we were having so much fun. I said, I have to get this beautiful Sola platform because your mission is so lovely on this earth, and so thank you again. Yeah, let me get a little digital high five here. I actually give a lot of high five. Boom, here we go, boom, boom and boom, there we go dole one, two three awesome.
Speaker 3: If you look at someone's elbow during a high five, you can never miss.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried that?
Speaker 1: I haven't tried that. I'm going to give that to give them a job. Very interesting, very interesting, huh. I love that. Thank you for sharing that. Awesome guys. Well, thank you for watching this week's The Breakthrough Lab. Your next Breakthrough starts here. We are a host on We are a show on SUS Radio Do Live with many hosts sharing about technology, survivor hope, technology bringing the human narrative forward, supporting you or community driven. So please share this episode. Please honor our guests by visiting their websites and their causes and and thank you again. We look forward to seeing you on the next episode. The break two Lab starts here. And thank you again Samantha because hearts take care. Oh bye.