Speaker 1: There's something happening in the world of sports that JB is now interested in, and he wants to know if that what's made him interested in it has made him makes him a scumbag? All right, we'll get to that, and just to say, how do you not stick around for that? How do you tune up? Yeah, I'm a loser. But before we get to that, I would love for you guys to help us out with something. You've heard our introductions for the story We Love where it's one of our listeners saying live from the Lester Holt studio, here's Tricia Delicia. If you could use the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app, tap the microphone and just record something like that, it would make me feel good, all right, Just if we get two or three of you guys to do it, do it all right, and we'll play it on the radio. And I don't care what anybody says. It's still fun to hear yourself on the radio. It will always be fun to hear any shout outs on the radio. We had consultants for every now one cares about shout outs. Someone wants to hear them set their name on the radio. Pull Loney pull looney. People love hearing their name on the radio. I don't care what you say, and I'm gonna do it. And people also like to know what people's birthdays are. So I am, I am. So use the talkback feature record a message that says live from the Lester Holt studio. Here's Tricia Delicia. Now JB is putting himself out there a little bit here when he shares with you why he has a new interest in the w NBA.
Speaker 2: Mm hm and you tell me, am I a scumbag scumba. So yesterday social media was filled with this brawl and fouling at the WNB game with the Indiana Fever and the Connecticut Sun. Because Caitlin Clark Yeah plays for the Indiana Fever. She is selling out arenas. She is the most loved and hated figure in the w NBA, loved by the fans, hated by her.
Speaker 1: Opponent, and her opponent should be kissing her ass.
Speaker 2: They're all they're all getting more TV time, they're all getting more ticket sales, their sponsors are getting the money's going to come. It's going to trickle down. Ask anyone who played golf in the Tiger Woods. Hate it Yeah, you're right because that you know, you're a big golf fan. Look what that did for more TV time and viewership.
Speaker 1: Bigger purses. I mean, my buddy rich Beam says it all the time. He goes, I send Tiger a Christmas card every year and thank him for what he did for right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just everybody was elevated, and that is definitely happening in the w n B. A well, she got into it, and there's some scrappy stuff. And here's where I feel. I'm being honest here. I feel like a scumbag. I'm like, I want to watch a game now because they're going into playoffs, okay, all right, And I'm like I'm interested because they're fighting. I'm being honest here, and I love And it's also I'm maybe trying to defend myself a little bit. It's Caitlyn Clark defending herself and defending her position is the greatest thing to happen to the w NBA for you know, her opponents hate her like they've actually you know, there was the whole Britney grinder thing going around a few weeks ago. Yeah, when she said and white girl, yeah and then denied it in an interview, completely denied it, like you're making this worse, right, right, She's a great athlete, she's fun to watch play. It's she I said this the other day, like her teammates have to elevate their game just to be prepared to keep up with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, because the past is going to come from out of nowhere. Right, She's that much better than everybody else. She is far and away better than everybody else.
Speaker 2: I'm being honest.
Speaker 1: It's the fighting dude that just makes you a dude. That just I mean, people love that. It's very awe you know what I mean. You never know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But I like it that you just went through this whole list of her. She's this incredible player, she can do this and this, and before you're like, yeah, she's great, but not really watching the game. But now that you know that they're fighting, you're like, she's great and they're fighting, so I'm in Yeah.
Speaker 1: But that would be true with anything. If you were watching the French Open and there were fights happening, you would you would tune in more, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: That's always gets the TV time when those tennis players throw a hissy fit, which, yeah, John May a lot of us my hockey.
Speaker 3: I was so excited to go to our first hockey game and I was like, but I really just want to see fights, right, I mean, I don't know anything about the game.
Speaker 1: You know why that grabbed your attention, JB. That's what you're gonna and you're gravitating towards that, and you're gonna watch a game at the end of the day. The w NBA is like, Hey, more eyeballs.
Speaker 2: I've always said to you, I am shocked that there are not more fights in men's basketball because of how physical it is. It's just in all that testosterone going around. Well in WMB there's about as much testosterone going around. But it is amazing to watch her and it's like a it's like it's it's like an eighties bully movie, Like it's like karate Kid.
Speaker 1: In a way sort of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that she is getting bullied hardcore and she's just out there defending herself and the game. It's a great story. It's like an ongoing movie. She's not getting.
Speaker 3: Karate chop though, she's getting poked in the eye. It's very three stooges getting poked in the eye.
Speaker 2: But I mean they Indiana Fever needs to hire a thug bruiser to go settle the score when anyone touches their star. That is how hockey works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that guy called the enforcer an.
Speaker 2: Enforcer and if you mess with their darling scoring guy, who are usually the best skaters, right, yeah, they're just lightning fast and maybe not the biggest, and you don't want them injured or hurt. You put in a defenseman who's an enforcer, and they go, they go settle the score. If you touch the same thing, if you touch a gullie, it's unheard of. You don't do it. The girls need one in basketball, right, they need an Caitlyn needs a She may not even be the best player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's the best player.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the goon, the goon, Yeah, yeah, the goon doesn't need to be the best player. Just if you mess with if you mess with Caitlyn, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: I'll start watching this now. Chick fights. Heck, yeah, chick fights. Sandy's I'm gonna watch that. She's you know what's funny about Caitlin, And I'm sure the end of the WABA should be well aware of this. There are a thousand little Caitlin's out there right now. They're all have seen how she plays and what she does, and they all want to be just like her. It's just like to be like Mike with Mike Jordan back in the day. Right, It's only good for the WNBA. But another funny thing is like her big art ribal if there was an ur tribal to her is Angela Angel, Angela Angel Reese. And there are entire social media channels dedicated that that are dedicated to showing how awful she is, how what a bad player is. Like here's here she is missing her first five attempts on angels. Yes, missing her free throws and all that kind of stuff. So, uh, did you but you said the w n b A is getting into the playoffs right now?
Speaker 2: Maybe I guess. So she made mention of it in an interview. It's like, well, she said, oh, we made the something cut whatever it is they call it, so off hand, and I was trying to look at when the next game is. I'm sorry, I don't know that off hand. But and she do you remember she got left? Oh, they're they're in a series right now. The series is the yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah. Uh well you look that up if you if you were yeah, it doesn't matter. You can look it up if you're really interested. But I'm yeah, I'm in. I want to watch. This is a great story. I don't think it makes you scum back exactly. It's a good story and sports need stories, right, so