Speaker 1: Right. Welcome everyone to Giant Bomb Cast, Episode eight hundred and fifty seven. Jan is not here, Grub is not here, Jeff is not here. So they have made me the host. I am your host to Moseying, joined by Sean.
Speaker 2: I'm on the ones and twos entirely on my own for the first time on the Giant BombCast. So this is either gonna go really well or really really poorly. It's gonna have to tell me towards.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be spectacular either way, either a spectacular success or a spectacular failure. And you know, right, is that? Is that not the Giant Bomb way?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 1: What do you think is the Giant Bomb way? Nikki?
Speaker 3: I think the Giant Bomb way is having everything pretty locked down as soon as five seconds after the stream starts and then it all kind of falls apart later. Yeah, it has that potential even though everything is perfect and great beforehand.
Speaker 1: I feel like the amount of times I've been with Jan and he's been like, Okay, everything is working perfect, and then the show starts and he's like everything is broken, everything is broken. I'm just like, what happened? That's that is? That is producing We're also joined by Mitch Manai aka told Koto aka the human child, what's up, Mitch.
Speaker 4: Don't worry everyone, I'm still here.
Speaker 1: I get the feeling that you just never leave. You're just always in this discord.
Speaker 4: Always in this channel, just sitting here waiting.
Speaker 2: I just so Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hate to admit it. I hate to say this to you, but you are the Ralph Wigham of Giant Bomp.
Speaker 4: Really, I felt like it would give you great joy to say that to me.
Speaker 1: It does bring me some joy.
Speaker 4: I'm a baby bird, okay.
Speaker 1: I just imagine you when we leave the discord is Ralph like sitting on the cork curb, just like kicking his legs back and forth, waiting for the next.
Speaker 4: My legs a lot. Still, it feels good to do that. Anything, Yeah, anything where your feet are elevated a bit. Yeah, like the right soreing and like anything like that. Oh my god, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What did you say the right?
Speaker 4: I muttered it for a reason. I didn't want you to.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear it. Can you say loud there's nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Why are you ling nothing?
Speaker 4: Because it's not important.
Speaker 3: It's like, move on, the people who needed to hear it? Hurt it? Did you have that? Did you hear that?
Speaker 1: Everyone? He said a Disney thing, and then when I asked to repear, he said, it's not important. The man who given an opportunity to talk about Disney said it's not important. This is a fraud, is.
Speaker 4: What you know? Please are our host today? Unbelievable Happy Happy podcast doesn't rhyme unbelievable.
Speaker 1: We're going to get to the news very shortly, but first I want to thank n z x T for sponsoring the podcast or power in the podcast. Sorry, big shout out to the crew over there banging PC still using that bad boy rules.
Speaker 3: It must be nice.
Speaker 1: It's actually esp Actually, it's actually okay. It was very very very reasonable opportunity for everyone who wants to get that. We will discuss. But before we start discussing to that, this is scant an update on where everyone's at. You know, we're gonna start with Nikki. Nikki, what's going on. I've spoken to you a little while. I know what way you've been up to.
Speaker 3: It's been too hot to live here. It was one hundred and six yesterday, it was one hundred and eight the day before that, and then it got to one ten on Saturday, so baking over here today it's cooled down, only going to be ninety nine degrees, so that's gonna be good for us. But next week it's going to be in the seventies, so things are going to be clutch. Otherwise I'm hanging out. I'm in the process. Is anyone here's here's actually what I'll use my time for. I need to get a storage solution for my office. I want, well the thing that I want, and I don't know what to type into the computer. So maybe y'all can help me. I want a wooden frame. What's got plastic bin or buckets that I can slide in and out? Right? Okay, so I can put stuff inside of those buckets so that I can put it against the wall, so that I can have like a bucket of cables and then a bucket of camera garbage, and then a bucket of microphone garbage. Right, you know what I'm saying? What do I do?
Speaker 2: What do you want a dresser or what do you dresser?
Speaker 3: Shape?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Wide? Not tall? Wide?
Speaker 1: Have you asked chat No?
Speaker 3: I haven't asked Chad. I try, Yeah, but like I tried to talk to that dude, it's a new thing to do cute storage and someone in chat saying, that's good, but I want it to open.
Speaker 1: I feel like you the thing you want is in n iika callax with like a, then you go to the container store and then buy.
Speaker 3: All right, so sick the.
Speaker 1: Ikea Callas is pretty reliable. Yeah, I mean it's as reliable as any Ikea thing, which is looks great and then one year in it looks like it's been in fucking war somehow, like how did this get to the state? And yeah, so I feel like that seems like the best solution, especially since like calyxes are reasonably affordable as well, so you can get me by like one or two and like either stack them or put them side by side, and yeah.
Speaker 3: We did it.
Speaker 1: Before you buy that, I would check that you can find.
Speaker 3: I bought thirty of them already to hate to see that, actually the calyx who just sent me the tro fast this is actually exactly what I want? Who just put that in chat? You're a monarch M one k three?
Speaker 4: What are these words? Legend?
Speaker 3: Great job, fucking legend. That's exactly what I want.
Speaker 1: When you have to listen to words that you don't understand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is like normal real world people when it's like fucking Mickey's under and reference.
Speaker 1: To everyone else has to listen to that bullshit ive in.
Speaker 4: This ikea world go ahead, an animal kingdom flying with a banshee, this world.
Speaker 1: Sweden, the land of Ikia. Words so I I I think the cat or the the other one that you just got, uh uh the tropasts.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I can pick this show up in Burbank.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, the problem with the trophists, like you don't have to buy a bunch of those things.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't have that much stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to not have a bunch of stuff in my in my ownership anymore. I repect that. I respect that, like I think like I think people own too much, and I think I own too much. At this moment in time.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I'm just operating basically my bedroom at this point. I'm just looking at a pile of crap over there where I'm like, you don't need it. I'm gonna be moving soon. What I should just toss some of this ship, just put.
Speaker 3: It on the street. Oh yeah, maybe somebody else's problem.
Speaker 1: I'm the same. I'm like, I minimize these days. I'm just like, I don't want any of this nonsense. Nikki are you are you downsizing because it's just like, but your own is this an Aiki capitalist? I need some lack of clutter in my life.
Speaker 3: I need lack of clutter. I've I've moved into this place in April, like late April, early May, and now it's September.
Speaker 1: You are you currently in your place? M m?
Speaker 3: But in my office is not done? Like I I finished my bedroom and my living space is like perfect, that is exactly what I want it to be, and I ran out of juice and my office has been kind of a cluster fuck since then?
Speaker 2: Is this the office?
Speaker 3: This is the office? This is like this? I fucking hate I don't.
Speaker 1: Know I was wall. It looks like you're in a real like office office decorated one of those.
Speaker 4: Like cheaper cellular store companies or something like mid.
Speaker 2: Mobile mid Mobile.
Speaker 1: For people who don't know who to can't tell. It looks like there's some sort of like like.
Speaker 3: A group tour.
Speaker 4: Now ye Barley, and I'm not and now I'm upset.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah that will go really that that I can't think will go really nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, cameras.
Speaker 2: That is awesome.
Speaker 1: That is a slash shelf too high? What's going on there?
Speaker 3: I just need to look at these guys, none of them.
Speaker 4: What's the stick for?
Speaker 3: Well, I stole that from a Roto truck Island.
Speaker 1: Okay, that doesn't explain anything, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Not sure I have stolen something off a Roto ruter truck. To be honest with you, like, uh huh, did you stand a ties it by any chance? No response.
Speaker 3: Germs can't. Germs can't survive interstate moving. Everyone knows that.
Speaker 4: Lines.
Speaker 1: I feel like, Nikki, you should replace those.
Speaker 3: Oh whoa.
Speaker 1: Nikky leaned into the camera, put his hand on it, and now it's just weird.
Speaker 3: Line.
Speaker 4: We're watching NBC in the fifties.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was gonna say, Nikki, you could get like those gamer light panels and put it on top of those weird little green capitllar things. Ten, you're the space space.
Speaker 3: Look like this.
Speaker 2: Now that's past a good podcasting.
Speaker 1: He figures that out. One, he figures out let's get our weekly catch up update with Sean. Sean, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I have tried the Baja Blast Gelado. I was hyping this up my hands on the Baja Blast Gelado tam You walk into a Taco Bell and you get gelato that tastes like Baja blast. Let me tell you I had it. I had it. They are night dinner.
Speaker 1: Let's try it and made it one to ten.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you know what, boy, that sure is just some frozen baja that I spent four dollars for three ounces of because I'm an idiot.
Speaker 1: What I had to try it?
Speaker 2: It was for science. Also, I'm talking about on the podcast. I can like, you know, expense that you can spend it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what did you question? You got this from Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's this thing where you need to use the app. You need you walk in and like hand it to you like specifically like literally drug deal It's like elicted drug dealer was in a brown paper bag and everything, Like.
Speaker 3: Is it in a pre made cup like dog ice cream?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's manufactured like.
Speaker 1: A frozen is the dog ice cream?
Speaker 2: Look? Someone to try it. Seemed like Dan wasn't trying it because he's a fake Taco Bell fan, So I wasn't that.
Speaker 4: I'm going to cover his ear on my shirt there we got.
Speaker 1: Somewhere down is like, this is why I end up the fucking dentist every week, getting goaded into eating like frozen Baja blast and ship like that.
Speaker 4: It was just like a.
Speaker 2: Shade ice Baja blast. It's not even like actually gelato is.
Speaker 4: Really because shaved I don't get it with shaved ice. I'll just admit it. Like, if I'm going to like consume sugar and have some kind of treat, I don't want frozen water covered in sugar. I want like ice cream or a candy like shape. Ice is so incredibly mid it gets gross.
Speaker 3: But it's because it's not filling. You do still need to You are still getting hydration, which I know you're anti.
Speaker 1: Look like Christ fucking dude in Disneyland, but.
Speaker 3: Like, but there is there is a hydration aspect to shaved ice. I guess that you lose from ice cream.
Speaker 1: I think I'm not sure if I agree. I might be on Mitch's side. I had shaved ice for the first time recently actually in Seattle while we were there for packs, and it was refreshing, I will say that, but it was also deeply disappointing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and also by the I like ate most of it, and then by the end of it, it's just like a pool of syrup, which was.
Speaker 4: Faster. Here's the thing you got to get on.
Speaker 3: You got to get on that hollow hollow till, which is shaved ice. It's also frozen. It's a Filipino dessert specialty, and it's shaved ice and also frozen like condensed milk. So you kind of are getting both of the things that you want. It's freaking delight. Hollow hollow like h boys, Yeah, like Halo, Halo, Halo.
Speaker 2: This is more in line with the consistency of what I had. It's like it wasn't shaved ice. It was like shaved ice mixed with something else. Like I know it was supposed to be like fame, but like this looks kind of like what I had.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to have your life changed? Okay? Everyone type in faluda f A l O O d A and hit Google images.
Speaker 3: Now fucking talking, Bama.
Speaker 1: What you need in your life?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a little pastas in, it's milky. There's a lot of particular going on. I don't think a drink should never be more than one color.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna say that drink has new noodles in it. Yeah, noodles.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: It's got like the seeds in there that are so rose syrup both ice cream tast unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I won't even do a root your float. I do not want milky drinks at all. I don't want any kind of fairy product in my drink.
Speaker 2: Hurt you, Mike, Why are you Lucy?
Speaker 1: We'll say that again.
Speaker 4: The drinks, I don't that's with her at all.
Speaker 1: I Oh Lussy yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Mango Lusty is elite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's freaking great right in the Mango Leussie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Mango Lassie and Florida are my two favorite delicious When I when I was in Pakistan, Feluda was the end of me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is there a place in San Francisco that you can get.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Flujah. I don't actually let me have a look. I know it's from.
Speaker 2: Wikipedia. Is also somewhere I should know.
Speaker 1: It's a place in it Iraq.
Speaker 3: They have space for Lujah.
Speaker 2: Oh that that like the game that was very bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the one week that happened.
Speaker 1: Can you tell us that does it in the Bay Area?
Speaker 3: See, you gotta go you gotta report back.
Speaker 2: I could.
Speaker 1: I might. I might record a video of this because I don't know if you know, but these road wireless go to Mikell Yeah, literally fucking nothing with them.
Speaker 3: Now you show well, now you've shown them on this, so you can expense them.
Speaker 1: Hell yes, that's how it looks like. There's a few places that do Fluda, so I might do it like a Fluda tour. I'm going to become the Keith Lee of Faluda. Yeah, I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: Aspirational, that's what you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what nonsense have you been consuming?
Speaker 4: I had a door dashing lock because I had COVID, right, so yeah, it was just kind of a lot of oh yeah, yeah, yeah, So I don't know it was.
Speaker 1: He messaged me on discourse saying I got I got COVID. I was like, if I get fucking killed by Mike, if that happens, Like, if I ever get killed as a result of anything that Mitch has done, do not have a funeral. No one show up just to act like I never existed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I wouldn't want to. It's like coming with a cooler way to die.
Speaker 1: It's like you're getting it's like getting cooked by your like baby cousin that street fight. Just act like it never happened.
Speaker 4: I hated texting every you know you have to do it, but anybody I was in contact with a bunch of like and I talked to.
Speaker 1: You, but like me read Let me read the exact message.
Speaker 4: He said so polightly.
Speaker 1: Hate Ham just wanted to give you a heads up that I tested positive for COVID. Who right at.
Speaker 4: The end, you actually did that.
Speaker 2: I thought he was making fun of you, because that's the insane thing to do.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the one.
Speaker 1: You might have embellished something.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think I'm pretty sure I've given COVID to people during facts is all.
Speaker 3: One of them doesn't count.
Speaker 4: One of them doesn't count. Yeah, you know from there, I'm kind of upset that it wasn't a super spreader event when Dan invited all these people to my hotel room to watch NEWBS like they all deserved COVID and only.
Speaker 3: Grow come out.
Speaker 1: Is this your Was that your first time? No?
Speaker 4: Dan made me watch news the week earlier, watch him news, same assumption of.
Speaker 7: It's my second Yeah, I watched the news.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: No, this is my just my second time. I got my first one, not during the height of it. It was still like after probably getting vaxed one. So it's never been that bad having it. Honestly, you had it. Oh yeah, Sean.
Speaker 3: Clean, I've time back.
Speaker 2: I'm the only one on here that is pure and because Grub didn't have it for a long time either.
Speaker 4: Now I took care of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've never had it. No, that's the other second person that I know. It seems somehow like immortal or.
Speaker 3: Like the l vibe the masks places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's smart. But I know, like our friend Andrew Goldfarb, He's basically like walked into the lines then multiple come out and he's like, I'm just like, what is your immune system? You need to be studied this. I'm like Joel carrying him out of a.
Speaker 4: Andrew too during tax and like I think, I think it just survived me. Even so it's just not gonna happen, that's right.
Speaker 1: Not only that hasn't been sick in like five years. Wow, this is crazy. Well a lad, you know, powerful human being.
Speaker 3: I also think it's like there are so many other variables to getting or not getting the novel. Coronavirus. Yeah, that like, I don't think I don't think it's I don't think it's novel anymore. But I don't think there's been a sequel to it, So I do think it is still the novel coronavirus.
Speaker 4: You cant novel coronavirus, novel coronavirus.
Speaker 1: All the Do all the other coronavirus variants count as like pro upgrades or are they?
Speaker 3: That's a great question.
Speaker 4: They don't come. I stand you have to pay extra.
Speaker 3: I think it is closer to the iPhone numbered iPhone than it is to Okay, get cycle, refresh.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha, gotcha? Interesting. Yeah, either way, I don't think it's novel anymore. I feel like it's a fact of Life's.
Speaker 4: Definitely not novel for you who's had it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, at least not imagine definitely. I think I might have had it a sixth time because I got really sick and then I was like, I know what's going on, but I just didn't have and I I think I don't. I tested, but when I tested, I was feeling much better. Though it was just like, hey, so I might be the sixth time champion. You know you know.
Speaker 3: I think everyone should go. If you have insurance, you should go. The new boosters are out, you can schedule them right now. You could honestly probably walk into your local drug store right now and go get it. So I think everyone should go get the new COVID boosters.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mike, Do I need to do that anymore? Do I like have? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But you have to wait.
Speaker 3: Nope, that's not how that works. But you do have to wait. Okay, you know who you should ask? Your doctor?
Speaker 4: Father?
Speaker 8: Okay, wait, how disappointed in you is he?
Speaker 1: I must be insane.
Speaker 2: This is the first time you're finding out about this.
Speaker 1: Damn I did not know. I just don't listen to.
Speaker 2: Well that's fair, but oh my god. This is why it's insane anytime Mike or rub are sick, because I'm like, just call the mayor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's incredible. Can you text me your dad's phone number? Because from you and I am not going to kaiser. I'm just texting you your dad and being like, this is your latest update on your son. Also, there is a weird fluid coming out of my ass. What's going on?
Speaker 4: He has been up with some good pills when I had COVID, but that's what they are anymore. I just go to the start and start taking it.
Speaker 3: It comes unmarked and bandages.
Speaker 1: I have a question for Mitch. You are a noted Disneyland enjoyer, saying what's the kind of what's the situation with Disneyland and getting sick? Like?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I assume that you're just there all the time like some sort of like weird cartoon pervert, but like, are you like catching that shit constantly on people always getting sick? It's Disneyland, not just a super spread out event for man children.
Speaker 4: You would, yeah, you would think that, But I can't remember actually ever being too sick in Disney honestly, Like sometimes it's not different, right, but like it turns like actual like you know, contagious diseases. I feel like I'm pretty pretty good there. I think it's just something about you know, the magic of Disney is kind of an immunizing effect. It's impossible germs just kind of dissipate into the air when you're surrounded by happiness, smiling.
Speaker 3: It's also outside Oh yeah, true, true?
Speaker 1: Have they done anything like a crazy capitalist and done like a Doctor Mickey version something like that where you walk around it's like Mickey and a doctor's outfit, just being like.
Speaker 4: I mean, they did a lot of stuff. I mean, you know a COVID they put like the little circles stand here and yeah you had to mask, and they put this, you know, hand sanitizers every two feet and stuff like that. But no, Mickey didn't come up and cost you breathing would have been that would.
Speaker 3: Have been so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well goofy or Donald is going around and breathing directly into people's Donald's. Yeah, of all the Disneyland characters who would be anti backs what have you? Donald who doesn't wear pants? Yeah, no, I don't think it's pistol pe. No, pistol p is not. I feel like pistol p is like I'm I need to be as healthy as possible so I can terrorize these other nerds.
Speaker 4: Pistol Pistol Pete that dog that No, no, no, no, no, that's peg Lake Pete. Pistol Pete is somebody else.
Speaker 1: Pistol p is American basketball player.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I also Guy is dead, so he is anti.
Speaker 2: Guess the porns ash on that dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Nice, Wow, it is. It is nuts to me that there is not an advertisement where Mickey Mouse has the blue band aid on his arm because he got the shot.
Speaker 4: Elmo took care of that for all the kids, right, I think Elmo was the official.
Speaker 5: Yeah Elmo in the Disney No no, just on behalf of all child appropriate characters.
Speaker 4: I think Elmo took one for the team because.
Speaker 3: Like Elma's dad was unsure about the vacs.
Speaker 4: All right, but the waal but reasonable. Yeah, in the commercial that then it was like, don't worry, We're gonna talk to you about science and you're gonna like that. And then because he's a fictional character, he.
Speaker 1: Who is Elmo's dad.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just it's just Almo's dad.
Speaker 2: Just bigger Almo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he doesn't look like Elmo at all. He is a completely different shaped nose.
Speaker 1: Is Elmo's dad a doctor and disappointing him as well?
Speaker 3: Elma's dad is just a regular guy who's not skeptical about medicine, but wants to make sure his kid's not gonna die, so he asked his dude or questions.
Speaker 1: Almo's dad looks like he has had his soul destroyed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's Elmo.
Speaker 1: Almost look at his face he's got like the droopy eyelids. Oh my god, poor Almo's dad.
Speaker 3: It's almost mom dead called Louis.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I find that funny. The Wikipedia picture of him in his little track suit is also oh yeah, it's great, May May May is almost mom. She does. She appears to not be in the picture as much.
Speaker 3: I don't explains the tracksuit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a dark turn with the Almo's mom.
Speaker 1: She was amazed, she was in. She was she was in a bunch of resource videos parentheses unlike her husband and dad is not providing any resources. She was eventually given a starting role as the host of May's Minute, a web where she shares parenting tips. She also appears as the grown up correspondent of the Elmo's World news video That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: We gotta get this Almo lore? Where's young Elmo?
Speaker 2: Where's World?
Speaker 3: Clip? Ah? Mine is when Burt comes in and he's like, hey, this it's it's legitimately a great clip.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Work comes in and he's like, hey, where am I? And then almost like this is Elmo's World? And then Bert looks at Elmo dead eyed and is like, how did I get in here? And almost like I don't know, and then hell and then Bert is like how do I leave? And almost like I don't know, and then closes the door.
Speaker 1: I did not watch it almost world. I was not familiar with it. So I hit Google images. There's pictures of this motherfucker's legs.
Speaker 3: You see.
Speaker 1: When did they start showing legs?
Speaker 4: It's for special occasions the Muppet movie. When you see Fozzy and Kermit on stage when they're doing the little like vaudeville act in that saloon or whatever, it's like, Oh, that's really weird seeing their legs.
Speaker 1: Dude, I don't like seeing their legs. Almost legs are freaking me out here.
Speaker 2: Did you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You just think?
Speaker 3: Sorry, hold on, did you just think that he didn't have legs?
Speaker 1: No? No, No, I knew. I knew Elmos had legs. I just never wanted to see them, like yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel like it should only you should only see the upper half of their body's like.
Speaker 2: Tap dancing and stuff. I remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kidding, like an enhanced body dysmorphia from seeing almost legs. For some reason, he looks like a character from like, don't hug me. I'm Scared. Have you seen Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately?
Speaker 1: Don't Hug Me I'm Scared is a web series of like eight episodes of like three or four minutes each, which is effectively muppets but really messed up, like and it's musical stuff. Every episode is a musical, but it's a it's a serious about like artistic integrity and capitalism, and it's just dressed up as a really unsettling children's puppet show. But it is. It is. It is phenomenal. You can watch it in one sitting and then like watch the the breakdowns of it. It is a ten thing.
Speaker 4: Am I the only one here who was a old enough and b in the US to remember the Tickle Me Elmo craze of the nineties.
Speaker 3: I was alive for it, but like it was not a going concern for me. Is I don't think I wanted to tickle me?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I wandered needed to tickle me Elmo. I was satisfied to have him on my television, where I.
Speaker 4: Didn't really want one, but like I was so mystified by it because it was like it's all the news talked about was this toy of Elmo, and it was like, man, I think if I saw this, I'd be more impressed. And if I saw the Mona Lisa, that's how rare. It was like being dained, like lines around toys, arrests and stuff like that, and you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't imagine. What was the last toy craze? Would you like.
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: The hoverboard?
Speaker 4: I saw the same. I mean there's like you know sometimes when the consoles come out, they're hard to find. There's that and it's like as close as you wait.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think toys are like the last major craze that I saw. I guess it's not specifically targeted as kids, but in this generation, the kids are on. It was the Stanley Cup thing.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, yeah, but that was also bigger even I don't I mean four kids.
Speaker 2: It's been a really long time because nowadays kids don't really do toys anymore. They just sit there on like iPads and crabs.
Speaker 4: That's a pot of Toy Story five by the way, really toy dead now only be Boop the girls. Yeah, the Toy Story five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the old one or was that Andy just not giving a ship about his toys.
Speaker 4: Andy just straight up grew up.
Speaker 1: So they're doing that again, but for like everyone, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well it's probably now has been as long between now and Toy Story three as it was between Toy Story three and Toy Story one. So sure, I guess that's crazy. I'm anti Toy Story five. Also, to be clear, I don't think they should do it, but here it comes. Look out.
Speaker 3: Did y'all know that the person who voices Sid in Toy Story is also the main character in Brink the dcom Break.
Speaker 1: The video game.
Speaker 2: Movie.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I did not know that.
Speaker 1: That's that's wild.
Speaker 3: I'm crazy, Eric von Detton, you know what they should.
Speaker 1: Have made Toy Story five about. They should have made Toy Story five about the toys seeing themselves be recreated as digital things and having an existential crisis and being like, what the fuck is happening? And then the whole thing is like a battle for their souls that no one actually watched.
Speaker 6: Turn it to an n f T Yeah, exactly, And there's a whole joke about them saying like, oh, there's there's only one of these, but it's like, but I'm here, I'm a second one.
Speaker 3: It's the second, they do that with Buzz in two.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, he has a crisis because he comes from other buzz Buzz Lightyears.
Speaker 3: But it's weird because the barbies know, yeah already the barbies are okay, So I wonder what that's about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did. I think buzz light it was an experiment where they tried to make the toys too self aware, and it backfired horribly because all the other buzz Lightyears also have that problem. They don't know that they're a toy for some reason, every other toy understands. They're like, I'm from Mattel, I was made in a factory, and buzz Lighters are like, I'm a real space ranger. That's crazy, isn't it.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 4: I really like synois.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what happens in the film.
Speaker 1: No One's really disappointing and a shame that we didn't get another small soldiers man.
Speaker 2: You know what is it?
Speaker 1: I think so association. I would sacrifice one toy story for another.
Speaker 4: But I remember that. I remember the promotional campaign with Burger King because they introduced the Rodeo Burger during WHOA because that burger barbecue sauce. Hell yeah, it was like, Hell, let's freaking go.
Speaker 3: On the topic of burger king. I think it's fucked up to put a burger on television that doesn't have cheese on it. Yeah, I agree, why whenever hamburg I agree? Thank you so much, Mike. We're on the right side of history. I think if you're putting a burger on TV, it has to have cheese on it. And if you aren't going to put cheese on it, that's your own thing, dude, in the privacy of your own home.
Speaker 2: You mean Hamburgers are bad?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought you meant like the Whopper is like.
Speaker 3: But the Whopper, I agree, you should not be able to show the cheese on it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The cheese standard has no cheese specify you want cheese. It's wild.
Speaker 1: So what's doesn't the Wapper have multiple patties?
Speaker 4: It's no. The big base Whopper is just a single patty. It is the whole, The whole thing with the Wappers, just that it's supposed to be like big or at least at the time, and it's just like what ketchup onion whatever? Mayo and mayo Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking now and the Yeah, it looks like they don't put cheese on it. But it looks it looks wrong. It doesn't it seems it seems.
Speaker 4: Weird that I think of that.
Speaker 2: Like when I think of I don't know, like a mid tier restaurant burger, I think of one that does have like more of like lettuce and tomato and stuff like that, but not necessarily the cheese. So why I see a whopper? I'm like, that looks like I know the quality of the whopper, but it looks to me more like your average burger.
Speaker 3: Every burger need cheese.
Speaker 1: I am what is the Burger King spider Man Whopper?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: That was the Burger King spider Man Whopper. The buns were red. I am looking at function the same.
Speaker 4: Black.
Speaker 1: There's a picture which is a cross section of the burger, and the meat looks horrifying. Why is it gray?
Speaker 2: That weird colors?
Speaker 3: And still look at it?
Speaker 2: It has like a.
Speaker 4: Jesus fresh off the grind Play.
Speaker 2: The video game music, Sean, I wish I could take us into video games? Dare we got got out of? All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: What's everyone being playing Astro? Anyone? Okay?
Speaker 2: Shall we have you been playing Astro? Because finished it?
Speaker 1: I finished it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, has everyone finished it on.
Speaker 2: So here's what I did.
Speaker 1: I finished it. I played it for review. I didn't review it, but everything that we review I tried to anyway so that no weird shit happens with reviews. But I finished it pre review, and then I decided I'm gonna not do any of the void levels that you discover so I can take a little break and have a little Astro for later, you know what I mean. So I'm gonna play Space Marine and then go back to I'm gonna finish Space Marine and then go back to Astro as a little tree.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's smart. Great, that's smart. I rolled credit so I won't give any spoilers. But I do think that the end of that game is unbelievably funny. It's like, it's just it's really good for I think that has zero narrative in it. There did they suddenly do decide to write like eight minutes of narrative and it does pay off really well. I think it's really good. It's just a really good video game.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I have a hard time really coming up with a complaint. I mean, basically, as soon as I played Astros play Room, which came with the PS five, Like, I was just like, just make a full one of these, just make a full one. And then they did, and it was amazing. It's everything that it needed to be. It just feels so good to play. It's such a delight and joy to go through. The levels are brilliant. The power ups are amazing. You know, some of them probably heard about now that are super good. The shrinking one that maybe is the best level in the game, the one where you just turn into a sponge is incredibly neat, Like these are there are mechanics that other people would build entire games around. Yeah, and they're here for like two levels and then they're like, now we're gonna move on to something else. Yeah. You know, the ending sequence was a ton of fun, and now I am kind of just going through one undred percenting it, trying to clean up get as many bots as I can. It's still having fun, like, oh wow, this guy's here, that's wild, that's neat, you know, uh, going back to the hub world and hitting them and they do something silly, right, It's just a gosh. I just can't get enough of it. I can't wait for that patch where they add the speed running levels and that's going to become my life.
Speaker 3: While are there any is Cloud in the game or no?
Speaker 4: So I think there are no Square Enix characters, which that's very interesting, it's very interesting.
Speaker 1: I think that is a very likely addition via DLC. I mean, I think it's smarter to save like a final Cloud for a marketing beat for the next Final.
Speaker 4: Maybe see because I was wondering, like, are there bad feelings right now there? Because to me, I don't think either side is happy with how Final Fantasy games had been doing on there after they kind of went exclusive, and I don't know if they're like, this is your fault, No, this is your fault kind of.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're ascribing drama that that business does not give a shit about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep in mind that Square Enix does tend to be just very stingy with their characters being guessed sometimes, like you really need to follow a sheet of a guidelines or whatever. That's why, like Cloud's appearances Smash was a bit odd, Like sure it was cool that he was in there, multiple outfits and a new stage, but like he had almost no music, Like what sometimes.
Speaker 4: When it bother doing the English voice actor things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes it's just they they're a bit odd about how they handle that stuff. So I think it's more along the lines of that, just like they didn't want to do it, or maybe it's the exact opposite and they do have like you know, had them coming to expansion deals.
Speaker 1: I think it's probably both, Yeah, because the main concern I imagine from Square, like one of the things is probably stipulation is like Cloud or whoever written is needs to be the star of the show, and the way you do that is by releasing the Final Fantasy seven pack, which technically makes him the star of the show, but in another game. So I feel like there's ways probably around it. And it's a little bit of both.
Speaker 4: It's just a little because like so much of it is like, oh, this is like all about PlayStation and kind of a celebration of it, and you know, there are some third party companies you can maybe exclude from that and kind of get away with it. Not having a Square Enix there, it is like, oh, something's a little bit missing, especially just how important that was, like PS one, like if you know, even outside of Final Fantasy, it's like, ah, there should be you know, maybe some some fun deep cuts here, let's get a threads of fake character or Brave Fencer Musashi or you know, even Cronocross something like that. So it's a little weird it didn't happen. I would be curious to know why. But maybe maybe it is just like there's gonna be a whole Square Nix world, and you know, you do play a Final Fantasy seven level after that, like some of these levels that we have in the game, which, by the way, like I still don't want to spoil what all those are, but those levels are.
Speaker 3: They're so well done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even when it's a franchise, you're like, oh, this one, then you play the level like a yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they should make whole game out of this horizon. They should. There's also stuff mentioned in the credits, like ray Man is in the credits but not in the video game. Did you notice that?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do you think in the in the.
Speaker 3: List because I watched the whole fucking credits because now I'm at the point where I'm like, what are jobs that people have? So I'm like looking at the job titles. They're doing research. But then there's they think all of the the titles that are in the game, and they're like thank you to you be Soft for the use of ray Man, the ray Man not in the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't know if there's any other Ubi Soft characters. Like no, I remember seeing Etio, which is against something you think, so okay, weird is something I associate with PlayStation one at least I.
Speaker 2: Googled that And yeah, every one saying DLC speculation based on the credits.
Speaker 1: So oh so does the specifically say does it say for the use of Raymon?
Speaker 3: Yes, the word Rayman shows up in the credits. Yeah, Rayman mentioned.
Speaker 2: Are you just doing like DLC packs would be so sick to Just like I was there.
Speaker 1: I was talking to someone about this yesterday. I think she's going to write up an article around this idea. But like, I think it's very ironic that, in its attempt to chase down at games as a Service title and drop the and fuck it up with Concord and just have no one be interested in it. The best case for a games is or the best example of a games as a Service title that Sony currently has is Astrobots Play Astrobot Like that is the thing that you release DLC for, Like that is the thing that you can be like hey, new planets, et cetera, et cetera, and like that is the platform in which they could continue to have people come back and engage with in a meaningful way for months, definitely years.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like, and some kind of a player station home if you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some sort of yeah man, some sort of little big planet for people there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was in a little bit of a strange world. I remember getting him almost kind of felt bad for him, like this was supposed to be you buddy. Yeah, is he a costume or no? I don't know if I got him as a costume, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if he's at They should have done the little big planet planet like that would have been really good, right right. Yeah. So I I really love the game. I don't think there's much wrong with it. There are a couple of things that I was like, I wish this was different a little bit, which is one, and I realized why this is the case, but just for me, like I wish there was more to the enemies than them. I get I know that the enemies are like each individual enemy has a different way to approach it, but the vast majority of the ones that you encountered just run at you and can just be slapped away immediately with little to know. Like they don't even have like weird running patterns that can catch you off god or anything like that. They're just very much like And I get it. It's fine. It's you know, not the that's not the meat and potatoes of the experience, and it's not designed to be like super challenging. But I guess for me, it's just like I can. I got to the point where I was just ignoring enemies. I was like, I don't need to deal with you, just kind of.
Speaker 4: Run pat if I kill them. There's mostly to hover through them so I can get some coins to help me buy gotcha stuff in the world. Yeah, not a ton of enemy variety. That's you know, I haven't really thought about that you said it, but yeah, you see, it's a lot of like you know what guy comes at you and does spikes the people who shoot at you, and like people are electric.
Speaker 1: Also Like again, I think this game is phenomenal. The kind of enemy is the basic enemy is like reskin for most of the world, which makes me feel a little like I wish they had more like unique enemies for those for each of the worlds, you know, so that they visually like the not visually because they do have like a gold version or this one's got like a weird different theme on it, like the actual like like the silhouette of it and the way it behaved was a little bit different. But again that's just like a such a nitpick that it's not really all that important.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like you go to like the bathhouse level and it's like, oh, these people kind of look more BATHHOUSEE and I appreciate that. Yeah, everyone's but like sometimes you do get a new enemy and it is really interesting it WHI was there's more of it, Like there's like a time stop level where like a guy throws cards at you like pause, and I'm like, oh, that's amazing. Yeah, maybe if there's like a bit a bit more of that there as well.
Speaker 1: But also like it's just smart development, like and and also like it's it's also kind of like a platform of trope where you have you know these It has a goomber, has a robot goomber, it has a you know, his head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically still goombas that we fight in these games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, they got Memoto, got it right the first fucking time.
Speaker 1: That does kind of place looking at us junk and was like, that's the one.
Speaker 2: The like one real nitpick I had when we were doing the our little mini review on it was that it is just a bit on the easy side in terms of platforming, and that that's something you know, I realized more as the game is going on, like why do I find it easy? It's because it's a hide and seek game for the most part, And that's where the challenge comes from, is can you figure out the like level based puzzle, the situational puzzle of you need to look around this corner, you need to like search under here, you need to like even something like blowing away the leaves so that you find a place to like dig down with the spin move. That's where the challenge of the game comes from. And I just prefer a game that ramps up in difficulty of the platform itself and fighting the enemies and stuff. But I think there's a place for both. And I'm glad that you know they went in this direction. I think it went really well for them because if you're into that more Collectithani kind of vibe this it really well.
Speaker 1: There are those like little shape based levels which are a little trickier. I think they're actually a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't like the challenge levels level.
Speaker 1: That's when the other kind of like minor, very minor, minor gripe I had is some of those challenge levels they aren't based on like the I feel like there's a few of them where there's points where, if you're doing it for the first time you wore one hundred percent die because it will do something where it's like, oh, I have no idea that there was gonna be a wall straight, you know, as the camera flips over or something like that. And I found that kind of annoying because there were a few where it was like multiple of those where it's like, oh, I had no idea there would be a requirement for me to do this because you didn't like telegraph in any ways.
Speaker 3: For me, the rap up between the normal levels and the challenge levels, there is a big gap in difficulty there that is not like smoothed out at all. Even in Super Mario Wonder is that the name of that game?
Speaker 4: Yeah, ye, Brothers one.
Speaker 3: That's why in that one they're the secret stuff. It still raps up per world, right, like you still have really easy ones and then there's like medium difficulty ones and then they're or at least that's what it feels like. I don't know, Sean, is that.
Speaker 2: It's not it does a better job, it's it's all that game is also laid out in a weird way where the easy, medium, and hard levels are like all scattered around, so it doesn't that one That's not issue I had with Wonder is it didn't feel like a natural curve upward. And that's where, like I feel, classic video games, you know, like say even way back in the day to like a Super Mario World, I think had a good natural increase in difficulty all the time, you know, Mario three and into the three D erow with like sixty four, it progressively got more challenging as the game went on. Now I think that I guess part of it is accessibility, but they are more focused on making sure that anyone can skip apart that they don't want to, so that they can get to the rest at the same time, like I think even kids, which is like, let's be real that a lot of the target demographic for this it's you know, older people like us who grew up playing platforms and love them and kids and I kids will figure it out, is how I always think of it, Like I see my younger family members, they figure these games out. They'll get there eventually, Like if they want to and you give them the time, they'll figure it out. So I think there's a middle ground that can be reached, and I think a lot of these games aren't quite there yet. But yeah, I'd just like to see more of a more of an increase in difficulty in the game as a whole, rather than separating out really difficult levels from like you know, this pretty easy Early World two level that you're on, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah that makes sense. Yeah, I do like those challenge levels quite a lot. I just say they do have some frustrating design that feels.
Speaker 3: You could just say it's horseshit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I was kind of surprised that maybe they will do this later on, like they didn't add like a multiplayer option, Like I feel like it's just a matter of time before before.
Speaker 4: The multiplayer we're going to get the leader boards in an update, which is the thing I really care about anyways, you know, being Jeff and I didn't know Dan at the time, but we were all doing those astrobot from things like Crazy then, and I'm still not sure if it's like we're just getting those challenge levels and speed run format for it's like new levels meant for that, and I'm not sure that's the other part.
Speaker 2: Like I do often think of like the Domino meme where it's like the small Domino is grub yelling at Dan over astro speed runs, and then the big Domino is me having a job in games media.
Speaker 1: Thout I do they introduce multiplayer to the game. I think it would be really cool to, yeah, have that kind of I realized that it can be tricky with the way the game is or the the actual platform frame as such.
Speaker 3: I just like, I think you just select all the astro in the computer and then command see and then command.
Speaker 1: VV and then two guys.
Speaker 3: That's how you do it, so it shouldn't be that hard, think, I think.
Speaker 4: That's a thing that's astrobots uhen situation.
Speaker 2: I think they changed the camera angle though, like that would go a long way, because it already it does feel a lot to me like there is elements of Super Mario three D world in here. So I think if you did like zoom out the camera a little bit to have that more isometric view. I'll, like say, the sack Boy game. I think I think you could just do that for multiplayer.
Speaker 1: I think it would be tricky for some of the current levels, just because the parts of it need to be framed in a very specific way for it to have that like cinematic kind of almost you know, set piece moments. So I guess if they could figure out a way of like shifting the camera around so it you know, gives both players that experience, that could work. But I wouldn't be surprised if they like introduced multiplayer with their own set of levels, and I like these other multiplayer levels, the.
Speaker 4: Cookies and Cream Special World.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 1: I'm not delusional though, so I am.
Speaker 2: That's a mistake here.
Speaker 1: Uh, good game play.
Speaker 4: It probably the best, some might say.
Speaker 1: Might yeah, some might say it is the best. Mike and Sean, you've been playing MARVSUS Capcom Fighting Collection, Arcade Classics.
Speaker 4: Right, it's Marvel, Baby, it is Marvel.
Speaker 1: West Coast for where you're at.
Speaker 4: I so, I I haven't actually gotten to play a ton because you know, online is kind of difficult to do with. Uh, this pre really stuff, and I couldn't have people over because of COVID, so you know, playing just Arcade mode was it isn't always the most exciting thing in the world. But even then, uh, you know, I've mostly just been spending time mars A caak On two, which is just one of my favorite fighting games ever, and it is still just so much fun. That game is just such a hyper visual stimulation. Yes, right, and just all these teams you can make, Like I decided I'm going to do a team of nothing but women in hats, so that's finally Yes, yes, it's Ruby Hart, Cami, Muddle, Balentine. That's that's that's my team. And I'm like, I'm gonna get real good with this team just going through God, just you know, because I had a team I played this game most of the time. It was Captain America Reu because I was a basic normy uh and the guy from the Battle Butts game Gin so he was like, oh, I'm going to really change things up by by going out about it with complete different characters because there are I mean, that was the big appeal of this game when I was a kid. There's just so many characters, more than I could have ever thought possible.
Speaker 2: Marvel two is basically an asset dump. They just took like everything that they had made before put into one game, and if you original characters to tie it all together. And yeah, that's that was a big criticism of it back in the day was that they it wasn't super original. It's a lot of stuff that you had already seen in other games, just I'll put into this one. But looking back on now, it is cool to just have this game with I forget the exact count, but like fifty five characters or whatever.
Speaker 4: Gosh, back when I had the Dreamcast, you had to unlock half of them. Now they're just all here. That's oh yeah, I saw theem Hotau not good Hatto, I got it. It's very good.
Speaker 3: Good than you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, Sean Hold, have you been kind of messing around with in there.
Speaker 2: So with Marvel two? Well, I mean, first of all, my Marvel two team is just some combination of like Cyclops, Venom, iron Manru and Felicia just whoever. I'm feeling that because.
Speaker 4: You did Iron me an infinite. I haven't tried it yet, uh.
Speaker 2: Not consistently, but yeah, I did get in a match the RD night with my friend because I had a buddy over to help me like test everything out, like, you know, because these games are meant to be played with a friend. Like sure, it is fun to do just an arcade run with your favorite team, your free character or whatever, but really like send down with your buddy or going online with your buddy is the way to go. And so we're just sitting there. I get I did get a match because I practice it one time, Like how hard is this? It's actually pretty easy once you know how to do it? Is it? It felt good? Like I we I'm playing on PC, so like we already you know, would have advantage with input delay and everything. And people are worried about that because it is emulation. But people who you know, got some hands on at EVO and stuff said yeah, from what we tried and what we felt like, it felt good, Like it felt noticeably less laggy than other emulation efforts in recent times. So I think this is this is it? This is like what people have been looking for. What's unicky?
Speaker 3: Is it a viable strategy to have three of the same guy?
Speaker 1: You can't. You usually can't do that unless you do like three characters that are basically the same in different outfits, Like you know, ve spider Man, what.
Speaker 4: Do you want three of Nikki?
Speaker 3: Like three spider Man's is fun?
Speaker 4: Well, there are two Wolverines that are like practically the same. You can play as bone Claw or at a ment Woverine at.
Speaker 2: Least basically just properties. You can also do similar stuff in like Marvel three, where you know Virgil and Dante very different special moves, but like broadly speaking similar place the.
Speaker 1: Same guy, Mike, can you do the Iron Man in Infinite.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't tried yet. I'm not cool enough.
Speaker 1: Go to YouTube and typing iron Man Infinite MVC two and look.
Speaker 2: Make sure that stream on full blast.
Speaker 1: Make sure you look for the video by DJ Champloo one three too. Crank the up, make sure everyone around because that is the video that will teach you how to do.
Speaker 2: The never actually watched the video space right now. I feel like he doesn't know I call him.
Speaker 1: Mike, so I don't know what you guys are looking at us all.
Speaker 4: This is a strange video camera million views.
Speaker 2: That the game rules. Yeah, I'm I haven't talked about much in passing because I am still kind of waiting for the online to go live with everyone playing, Yes, And it's that way we can really get a test of the net code in all these games like Marvel two with rollback and you don't have to do any emulation funkiness. That's going to be really appealing to a lot of people. So I want to see what that's like. And you gotta all play. We got to all play. And I want to play something.
Speaker 4: You know, I've only really done MBC too, but I want to play some XI Meum versus Street Fighter, the Atom, some Punisher, come.
Speaker 1: On, Yeah, to play the Punish again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm excited though, because that's like, yeah, that's one thing in there for you if you are more of a solo players. Just putting in the Punisher beat him up games like a neat addition that they didn't have to do, but they just decided because they were like almost one of the remaining Marvel games that we did, so why not put it in there?
Speaker 4: You know, isn't it weird that they did a Punisher beat them up like before any of these fighting games, and Punisher has never been in one of the fighting games ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like Punisher is so violent that, like I he.
Speaker 1: Would look like people. Yeah, he would be out of place in that. Speaking of Punisher, congratulations to John Burnhor for his first over Emmy. Yeah for the Bear, I guess I don't know sure, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: One. One last thing I'll say is that the I do like looking through the museum aspect in all these games, uh, seeing all the art that they scanned in. Yes, and which I love that. Like we kind of already knew because of some posting on Twitter at Nakiyama son does, but Matsumoto Son at EVO confirmed to me that, Yeah, there is like a Capcom archive that they just have all this stuff, all these like you know, animation cells of animations, any like marquee stuff. They have a lot of these source assets and that is the stuff that they scan in for these museum's modes in the game. Yeah, and I love you know, you're playing the game and you pause and you're like, wait, how does this game work? There's a there's a marquee option, which you know may if you're younger and you don't know arcades as well. Like on arcade machines, they would usually have just the controls you know, printed on the machine and that's or in you know, like a banner up top and stuff. We call those the marquees and you can just look at the scan of the Marquee to like see and you know, just very nineties, very like dripping in style. It's really cool to just see all that while you're playing in just it gives you'll just a little bit more of the feeling that you're playing that classic game. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that Bengus artwork can be so good.
Speaker 4: I saw that they're even using some of that NBC two character key art and like actual Marvel comics for the coming months.
Speaker 1: That's very clear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have high res scans of it now, right, So.
Speaker 2: Just it's the relevant comics, you know, like Venom will be on the new Venom comic coming on like November.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I might buy a comic.
Speaker 1: Bought. I bought the they did the hip hop cover crossover. But it's like, you know, Myles Morales on the Nase Automatic album and they were like, we're gonna do a limited run of these, like a selection, and I bought every single one and then they just kept fucking going and it reached I was like that's enough. I'm not.
Speaker 4: The problem.
Speaker 1: I bet I bet this is gonna happen again. Oh my god, they when they're on sale.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It might start like very soon here actually, because like single one of these is Bengus.
Speaker 1: I am by every single one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just the key R from Marvel two in high resolution on a comic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's incredible how much Marvel Versus Capcom has kind of influenced what I think about with Marvel almost more than like these are my default like cloud thoughts for most of these characters. A lot of times you say Spider Man, the first thing I think of is maybe the sprite Spider Spider's web throw Max Spider, Maxims Spider. Yeah, one for I think that's one of the best win quests ever. One for JJ God, I still have marks are so good in these games.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's what I loved about Marvel Versus Capcom three. I think like Marvel Versus Capcom three when it comes to like pures Fans Service is the best game ever made. Why they did it? Yeah, And that was like when I review The Infinite I was like, the game is enjoyable and it's interesting from a mechanical perspective. They just don't have any of the riz like the Marvel Riz that the NVC three had.
Speaker 2: Mar Marvel Infinite I'll die on this cell is the best playing Marvel versus Capcom game, but it has no soul. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So have you seen the that person that's doing like a Maxidilian fund? Yeah, yeah, yeah funded it right.
Speaker 2: I just some of the devs too, seeing some of those things that they're doing, which if anyone doesn't know, yeah, Marvel versus Capcom Infinite and Beyond, I don't know about that name x but they are completely overhauling the visuals of the game to look like a comic book, like it's soli shaded like an Art System Works game.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 4: Balanced stuff and whatnot to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they're doing two versions of that. It's good. One side of it is going to be just a visual overhaul and then the other side is where they're adding in some balance changes maybe in the long term, some new characters and stuff like that. It's it's bringing it back.
Speaker 4: That was the weirdest thing without that had no X Men, because that was when they were like really in a spatty, bitchy mood about the X Men not being in the MCU. So it's like you can't play X men in the game, Like, do you know how this series started?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Man, it's a little weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I cannot wait for that? Is it? Is it community edition?
Speaker 4: That's just a Marves Capcom Infinite and Beyond Infinite.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think they were doing like sort of a buzz light Year thing because Disney.
Speaker 9: It all comes back around, by the way I tweets earlier, I want I want Scrowge McDuck and Marves's Capcom four And it's not as crazy as it sounds.
Speaker 3: Oh so there's there's that would be sick.
Speaker 1: I just completely ignore what you said that. I think there's like two versions of it, because the one that I was looking at was Marvel is Capcom Ultimate Mouth versus Capcom three Community editions.
Speaker 2: Oh for three? Yea three?
Speaker 4: Like like they've done things like add Gambit to three, right, like fans have done that and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's so many custom characters in three. That's for years now. People have been adding it or since they figured out how to get into the code, because that's an empty framework game, figuring out how to like add characters to that roster and stuff. Once that damn broke just all the custom characters. And that's insane because something they'll do is they'll because they haven't figured out how to add new animations, because you know that's the development then you need to like find space in the game's code for these animations. They string together down to the frame level animations of other characters, like all that data and they string it together to give characters new moves in that Yeah, Marvel, it's.
Speaker 1: Like I'm watching I'm watching the Thing fight Cyclops hair and it's just it just did a domemo move move. But it still doesn't look weird. It looks legit. Like if you didn't know that the Thing isn't in this game originally, you'd just be like, yeah, it's the thing fighting reed Richards, Well.
Speaker 4: The things that ever been in any of them, I always wanted the thing that'd be fun. I think that I like the Thing more than the Hawk. There I said it.
Speaker 3: Wow, truth come out.
Speaker 1: Damn, Michael Chicks fan anything else you guys been playing, your folks can playing.
Speaker 4: I just want to talk about the Dreamcast briefly because the twenty fifth anniversary of the US launch nine nine was yesterday.
Speaker 3: Happy oh yay.
Speaker 4: So I plugged my very yellow to Dreamcast back in got some of my games together. It was just kind of doing this smorges Borg of some Dreamcast stuff and that that system is still just such a fun time so Caliber one when the best launch games ever, it's just so buttery smooth, still feel so fantastic to play. Yeah, I was just like jumping off. I played a little bit of NFL two K one. I'm not really a big like sports game guy, but that's still just so fun.
Speaker 2: And two K was still pretty Arcadie back then.
Speaker 4: Right, It's not blitz Arcadie, but it's pretty pick up and play like I was understanding what was good. It basically has anything I could possibly needed a football game. I can't imagine making it more complex than that would make it better, at least for me speaking of.
Speaker 2: But that's what I did for the celebration last night with some friends. We hopped on parsecond playfl Flits the Dreamcast version. It was great.
Speaker 4: Hell there you go. Yeah, some Powerstone too, which oh yeah they still mind yet, which I'm excited for the next cap On fighting game collection. So I'm gonna have Powerstone two net code, which is.
Speaker 1: That game is in competitive plates. Such a it's the Mario party of like it's so.
Speaker 2: Fun because Powerstone one was like more of more of a traditional fighting game. They were like and they just throw.
Speaker 1: Everything out of the way, was running away from bold as the entire time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a Powerstone two is like more of a quote unquote party game than even like the casual Smash is. It's wild and I love it.
Speaker 1: It's so much they time I think of in the same way that one for JJ comes up to my head when I think of Spider Man. Whenever I think of Posston, I think of the announcer game. Oh no, the come out so good, so good.
Speaker 4: I even played some Quake three remember the Dreamcast the best way, it's not it's not bad. You use the face buttons for strafing, and you know, you look around with the left stick and uh, you know, I was just playing against bots because the whole point of it back in the day was that the Dreamcast had you know, online play, which was novel at the time.
Speaker 2: Cross play.
Speaker 4: I was, yeah it version, yeah, but even still like just playing against bots like surprisingly fun still, but you know, you rocket, I was just jumping around all over the place. Still just such a fun system. With so many neat, little pick up and play things here along with deeper things. I actually still have my Soul Reaver on Dreamcast. Yeah I might. I need to finally play through it. I might do that.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just wait for the re release.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know.
Speaker 4: I also went to the my Retro store to see if there's anything fun I can get to commemorate the day, and they had Dino Crisis. There's another plantation one.
Speaker 3: How do you make a video game called Dino Crisis? Not put a dinosaur on the front of the fucking game because hot redhead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hot lady instead?
Speaker 1: Nick? You are you like in this day? Like back then, people thought like redheaded ladies would be the hottest thing a dude has ever seen. In this day if you swap that around, because this day and age the hottest thing people like, people are getting turned on by dinosaurs. They'll be like, I want to how.
Speaker 2: Many scales can we raige trace? That's where it gets the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you guys want to take it to the edge, to the Capcom Edge with the cap Com Edge with me?
Speaker 1: I would?
Speaker 4: We're all going to Capcom Edge.
Speaker 3: I think I've ever played a video game on a Dreamcast before.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're missing out dream obviously.
Speaker 1: Except for the cab the controller cable coming out from the bottom. One of the most insane things.
Speaker 2: The controller in general is just behavior.
Speaker 4: They got the little clip right here, it's fine, kind of problem anymore.
Speaker 1: Used to try even with the clip. I used to be playing the video games and I'll just be thinking about how bent the cable is the entire time.
Speaker 2: It's like they wanted the VMU, but they couldn't figure out how to get the circuitry up on top, like.
Speaker 3: Just loop it around put it at the bottom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, third party controllers fixed that nowadays. But yeah, I definitely when I was a kid, I had the proper Dreamcast experience.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I went over to my buddy's house. I was like, oh my god, you have one of those things. We went to the used game store, bought a bunch of accessories for like pennies on the dollar, and then went back to his place, brought out this big old stack of CDRs and went, why on just.
Speaker 4: Permit Very Easy, Marble.
Speaker 2: Two, that Bad Port of Third Strike, Powerstone, Crazy Taxi, Jessa Radio, all those games. M Yeah, that was a huge part of like for us that was like. That was like high school when we sort of like rediscovered the Dreamcast a little bit, because you know, it had been like a decade at that point at least, and just playing this thing out of his old uh, you know, trunk or whatever. It was like we were just rummaging around looking for something to play. I'm like, oh, you have a Dreamcast, Like, oh dude, let me let me show you what we can do with this. And yeah, it was became our like party machine for most of high school when we weren't playing Smashing Mario Kart because all those arcade conversions of stuff we mentioned, you know, fl Blitz and Powerstone and all the different fighting games. It's just so much fun to play with your friends.
Speaker 1: Well time, what great time it was, What a great tam it was. I have been playing a game as well that I'll talk very briefly about because I am disclosure. I am in this game, so right, so take everything I say with the appropriate amount of shilling defensive measures. But it's a game called Elsie. It's being published by Playtonic and developed by night Shift Games. And yes, I'm in the game. See if you can find me. I did not realize how prominent my character was. I started playing it, and their character is right there immediately and is the biggest character in the fucking game, like size size wise, it's like like Jesus. But yeah, Elsie is a kind of like this. It's like a super Mega Manny inspired roguelike action platform and it's got like procedure procedurally generated levels, but is one of those games that feels very classically like action platform you where it's very hyperkinetic and it way too many things are coming at you on the screen. You're trying to like jump in between them, and you don't know what power up you're gonna have when you enter a room next, and that kind of stuff. But it's a it's a lot of fun. I find it. I found it to be a lot of fun. It's an indie game, so like you know, it has those sensibilities. Kind of reminds me a little bit of like Celeste than that kind of vibe. And I've been playing it for a little bit every night before bed, just doing a few runs here and there, and it's a it's a good time.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm gonna play a bit more of it. I don't know if I'll finish it. It feels like at a certain point I'm just gonna be like, Okay, I've had my feel of this, but I know that they're going to be people who It feels like it's built for speed running as well in a lot of ways. But yeah, very like short, not sure on sweet, but like simple but fun, elegant, classically classically styled action platformers. So it came out today. They sent me a code because you know, I'm in the game, so they're like, hey, what do you think? But yeah, if you have any interest in that kind of like fun classic platform mega man esque platformer with some rock like hooks in it, give it. Give it a look. Man, is this the one that Lucy in it? She's one of the bosses. Yeah, see if you can find us, if you find us, like, tweet us, let us know. Let me know what you think of the performances. Because Lucy killed it. Like I was watching Morning Session, she sounded she is, she's really gonna she's got the she got some anger out in that booth. There was definitely some fire.
Speaker 3: Is she pivoting?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Dark Lucy Era I.
Speaker 1: Had like it was the UK equivalent of a theater kid coming up, which might surprise some people's.
Speaker 3: Or like not even a little bit, a single bit is that I was.
Speaker 1: I was like originally going to go into like trying to act and stuff like that, but then my mom was like, are you for You're going to be a lawyer, And I was like, okay, great, Okay, my mom is like quadruple disappointed, exactly exactly your mom my dad will be able to commiserate together. But then, like when I started doing what I did, like I kind of like put a lot of that kind of those those kind of skills or like abilities away and then like coming back and doing this getting in a poof, I was like, oh, ship, I used to do for fun all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's like there was a moment where I did it and I was like, what if I did more of that? It felt felt like it felt like natural again, it felt like what it was like remembering what you loved as a child.
Speaker 1: What if I did more of this moment? Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: Being king back in. I think to like past versions of self is like so important. I really don't think that people do it enough. Yeah it is is one of those Yeah, yeah, I think it's really.
Speaker 4: Important yeah, this looks super up my alley. I'm a big mega man guy. So yeah, colorful retro action platformer with my best friend Tam voicing a character. How can I not L E L s I E Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Again again, I am in the game, so all disclosures kind of stuff and yeah, it's what you're you gonna say, Schael.
Speaker 2: I played when they did like a next Fest demo or something a while back, and I oftentimes like the the rogue like elements of games like these are a bit of a turn off for me, just because I'm not a huge fan of rogue likes. I think when they're done really well, like a Haites like, you know, that's something I can get more into. But even just playing this, I was like, oh, just it feels good to play and everything. So maybe, yeah, maybe this will be one of those words Bill Banks in the world for me. And yeah, I'm looking forward to checking this one out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if if you see me, let me know what you think of the voices, and yeah, maybe maybe I'll do try and do some more. If you o there and you need voices done, let me know. I'll relive my childhood dreams for a little bit we're gonna head over to the news. A lot of stuff been happening. But before we do that, we're gonna take a quick, as John would say, bricky break, and then come back soon and you're gonna hear a couple of words from our sponsors. We are back from the bricky break, and you know what that means. It's time for some hot video game news. We've got a lot to get through, so we're gonna kick it over to Mitch Manati is gonna lead us through the news. Take it away.
Speaker 4: Look at me, Look at me, I'm the Jeff Grubb. Now, hey, Placesation five Pro. That's real. It's launching on November seventh for seven hundred dollars. It will not include a disk drive. Later you'll be able to buy one separately. It's also not even coming with that vertical stand By the way, Sony says, we developed PS five Pro with deeply engaged players and game creators in mind, as many have asked for a console that runs even higher fidelity graphics with smoother frame rates at sixty fps. It's kind of three key features are talking about here, an upgraded GPU at advanced ray tracing, and AI driven upscaling. Uh, there's kind of a lot here, but that price, I think is sticking out more than anything else. How are we feeling about a seven hundred dollars video game console that doesn't include a disk drive?
Speaker 3: This is for nobody, and like I mean it as sincerely as I do when I.
Speaker 2: Say it here because I've I've said before, But yeah, I go.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 3: If you look at the ways, and even if you don't have like a super solid understanding, just think about your own living room, right. Your TV is probably too small, is how you feel about it, And you also probably are sitting too far away from it, right, So if all of the stuff that they talked about in this video is literally shit on the periphery, right, they showed they zoomed in on crowd little guys in Ratchet and Clank being higher fidelity, they zoomed in on leaves on trees, being a little bit nicer. The frame rate at in fidelity is at sixty frames a second. But Mark Cerney right before he said that was like three quarters of the people who are playing video games on this box right now are already playing it in performance mode, so it's already at sixty frames a second, these games are not going to look seven hundred dollars better then they do right now. You do not need to go buy one of these at all, you like it is no one asked for this. This is a product for nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like it's always gonna be as a as a like a not even a half step, but like a small step forward. By its very nature, it's never going to be meaningfully different from the previous piece of hardware, because those are reserved for actual numbered new consoles or like generation or leaps, which happen far more rarely. Even with that in mind, it's very difficult to see the value proposition of a PlayStation five Pro if you have a PlayStation five already, and even if you don't have a PlayStation five, I feel like you're probably more likely to buy a Pro, but the disparity in price is probably going to push you to buy a PlayStation five. And I don't think that is something that I don't believe that Sony isn't aware of that. Not always is a piece of hardware like this designed to be a kind of a transition for everyone. It's usually designed, in this case, especially for a certain selection or section of the gaming audience and non gaming audience that have the disposable income and the kind of personality and interest in having the optimum stuff. But those people, the whales as we'll call them, they'll probably do what they need to. They probably fact did the maths, They did the calculations, and were like, this is what we will probably get revenue wise from a limited selection of audience. I think what's probably what is more likely and what usually happens is the release of a new console or a new piece of hardware, even when it's expensive, has an overall like rejuvenating effect on the interest of that entire platform. So the intent isn't to sell millions and millions of PlayStation five pros. The intent is to have a PlayStation five Pro on the market. So people reconsider whether they need a PlayStation five now, and a significant portion of them probably will say yes because there's a GTA coming out, and they will likely buy a PlayStation five, probably the standard or the slim more than the Pro. But that does the trick and so they get their money. They get an increase in sales of the other versions of the PlayStation, which ordinarily would be done through dropping the price as well, I don't think Sony's in the in the market to do that. I think they're more likely to do bundles. But it will also get them a bigger cash flow or like a bigger injection of cash from the whales. And I imagine this console is engineered so that it's the margins are still good for them where they're not spending a crap the amount of extra money getting components that are so hard to find, the manufacturing costs of this are probably not as not much higher than the current PlayStation files to make for sure. Yeah, and that seems like it's born out in what that thing can do, So they're probably not losing money on making a new powerful console being there. So I feel like they've got enough to gain that it doesn't make sense to us. We probably don't want it, but from a business perspective, it's going to payoff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Jean correct me if I'm wrong, Like these are just the natural year over year performance gains that these right, So this is this is assuming nobody ever touched assuming nobody ever touched any of this stuff. These performance gains would have come if the PlayStation five came out this year instead of coming out in twenty twenty, right, it would have looked like this, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, this is this is my time in shine Is as a tech guy on this episode, like breaks down this down for you. So what we're seeing here is that they sort of just added to the component's onmie PS five. That they could add to CPU is not something you can easily beef up without breaking compatibility. You would need to plan ahead with that. It's why even like the Xbox one X last generation didn't have a huge boost in CPU. It did. But that's also tying into Microsoft's you know very much focusing on backwards compability thing. The way these machines are made is that the compatability is baked into the chip itself. PlayStation works with AMD to make sure that the compataibility is there. So they couldn't have a huge boost in CPU, so they needed to figure out other ways to accomplish their goals, and so they beefed up the GPU because that's something that's a little more agnostic. You can beef that up a little more independently. And then they're relying on PSSR PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, which is their version and video DLSS MD's FSR all these upscaling methods that you find on PC. This is playsation's version of that, and so they're relying on that too. And this is why this is something that drilled me nuts about the presentation because like Mark Serney is a very very smart man, an incredibly intelligent guy, and so seeing him kind of do a lot of marketing speak kind of drove me up the wall a little bit because when he was like, you know, the way the presentation was framed basically was you will get fidelity stuff at higher frame rates. That is not what's happening here. And you know, I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but this system basically is what we've known it to be from all the leaks, especially because this was in their developer portal for the past few months. Like we've just known what this is, and so you know, sites like Digital Foundry and then like amateur stuff like being Jeff talking about this on Game This mornings. We've been able to break this down and figure this stuff, and we can tell it's going to be performance mode running at higher fidelity or than fidelity mode running at better frame rates. And that's important distinction because they are taking that lower quality base image and then upscaling that to the four K canvas of your TV to make it look better, which has a whole bunch of like really just a few minor issues with that, because if you have a higher base canvas to work with, then they bump up the frame rate. That's what you do when you upgrade the CPU in your computer. You get those gains while having that very natural looking image. They are doing things here that are taking was essentially a lower performing piece of hardware in the PS five and figuring out smart ways to upscale it. But at seven hundred dollars, which is going to be the real sticking point for a lot of people, especially with no disc drive, which some might say, well, you know, like especially in compared to this to say the PC, which usually you don't have a disk drive attach that the average pro level console buyer, I feel wants a disk drive as least as an option. So the fact that they have to spend what is it US dollars, it would be, yeah, seven hundred and eighty dollars at that point, it's hard to justify that over and this is something that like being Mike and Grubb have talked about it on fe different shows now, like having a PC in your living room even like I know that's so much more worth to set up initially, but so much more flexibility. And you look at PS five pro. This is very specifically made for people who never want to touch settings menus and they just want the best of the best. And that market, I feel, is just shrinking and shrinking and shrinking as people are moving to alternate options like PC. When Nikki's you started out with like this console is for nobody. I have been thinking, like, you know, all exaggeration side, who is this for a very much shrinking audience? Here it feels somewhat misguided, but I guess what Tam was saying of like sort of just boosting the PlayStation brand and having that expensive premium option available there to like sort of a rising tide raise all ships. I guess I just wonder how much that's going to actually pay off for them.
Speaker 4: It's important to note that like games have to be you know, manually optimized for this thing, and there's only like thirteen or so announced for that right now, and there's like, you know, big ones missing from this, like foun Fantasy sixteen for examples not on this list. You know it's important that.
Speaker 2: Sorry to cut you off, Mike, but just to answer real quick, it will be like PS four Pro, where like game older games using an older SDK can use PSSR at least, so they can't take older games without like completely overhauling them. So I think we'll have good support and eventually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's something here called what PS five pro game boost it says, which can apply to more than eighty five hundred backward compatible PS four games playable on PS five Pro also, so there should be some kind of standard improvement. Again, I'm not sure how big it is. I always wondered just exactly what the marketing was going to be, and I think that they did kind of identify the problem or the sticking point for a lot of people that they don't like having to choose between fidelity modes and performance modes. Right, They really spelled that out, and they kind of, as he said, Sean, they kind of like made it like, oh, we have a solution here, and it is a question of like, oh, is this really the solution or is it is it kind of a stop gap, And if it's a stop gap, I don't know, if I want to pay seven hundred dollars for a stop gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like a solution to me.
Speaker 4: It feels like a workaround. And you know, I get people want consoles. They don't want to just hear, hey, go get a PC instead. But the argument, one of the main arguments for consoles force for so long is that, well, it's just much cheaper because these things are streamlined to be consoles. And when we're getting to seven hundred dollars now, it's like, man, it's not that much cheaper, Like it's a point. It's just going to continue to drive more and more people, I think, to experiment more with PC gaming, which has already been the trend. And I know, I know PlayStations maybe a little bit embolden because they don't feel as much pressure from Xbox. This is still it's pretty wild again to even go as far as to non included disk drive, which would at least make the product feel more premium, and I know it makes it more expensive to produce too. You know, it's it's interesting. I'm very curious to see how well it sells, because you know, there is still a world where it sells well. There is a very passionate high end PlayStation fan base that will just want to buy the new thing, like you know, Like that's why things like the PlayStation Portal, which to me looks like it has limited appeal but apparently sells pretty well. So I guess even though I don't quite understand this machine, I guess I don't want to count it out yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they'll sell a ton of them, like I And that's the thing. Like, to be very clear, it will sell out. There will be listings for this thing on stock X. People are going to pay twelve hundred dollars for one because it will be out of stock or whatever. But like because people like to buy things, Yeah, exactly, that's like that's why, Like I don't think there will be people it will sell out. I think it's just like a conversation of whether or not fundamentally it is worth the legwork for these devs to do the work required to like get this to run, get games to run better, to have this experience be like only a little bit better than it is going to be on your PlayStation five as it currently exists, when you could, for around eight hundred dollars probably build a better PC I'm not sure it's going to do more.
Speaker 2: Well, Like no, but we didn't EXI on this because people me and Mike talked about this on podcast ther night where people were like, oh, well, starting PC is fifteen hundred dollars and we're like no. I had to jump in because I was like, I'm on PC part picker right now. You can build basically a PS five like the equivalent parts for six hundred dollars you buy and video equivalent for seven hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that that and video equivalent will give you DLSS which is better than PSSR.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, the audience you're talking to the thing that they're buying isn't a contant. If they're spending money. They're spending money in a large way on future proofing their gaming experience. And at eight hundred dollars, the PC that you're building is on a clock. I feel like, very very quickly, maybe it will get you. Maybe it will get you what you know, through the current console generation to the finish line at the same time, reaching the finish at the same time as the PS five pro. But the issue that the PAS five pro is attempted to dress, which is taking the choice out of making settings and display decisions is going to be very much present on a eight hundred dollar PC.
Speaker 3: That's the Yeah, that's the other side. Like no one the person who is going to walk into Costco and say, I want to buy this PlayStation five pro is also the same person who is going to bulk at the idea of plugging a Windows PC into their television, right, Which isn't to say that it is not an easy thing. It's an easy thing for us, but like people just want to buy a thing that connects to the TV and runs, well, yes, I think my issue is that those people would be equally served by not spending seven hundred American dollars buying a regular PlayStation five and then moving on with their lives. They don't need to actually spend the extra what is it, two hundred and fifty dollars plus a dis drive, so an extra three hundred over three hundred when they could just really could just go buy a PS five.
Speaker 4: But the PSP five is four years old now, by the way, it's still like you know, I mean, the base PS five so expensive. These systems used to get price drops and now they just get Now they just find ways to make them more expensive even four years later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's something that Microsoft spoke about that it flew really under the radar. It's what Digital Foundry was told when they got to see the Series X and S early, and like, I feel like not a lot of people picked up on this, but they asked, like, what does a Series X slim look like, you know, in the long, long term, what's your goals? Right, And they're like, there won't be one. Our slim console is a Series S because we can't slim this down much more than it already is. Component costs are at an all time high and maintaining that price, we can't like find ways to cut costs and build and so you're probably not going to get one. And that's what we're seeing here with the PS five. Is the reason it is seven hundred dollars is because it's just expensive to make this stuff, even from the people who get discounts on these chips. Like, the gap is closing, you know, not to reference the presentator or whatever, but the gap is closing between DIY stuff on the PC side and the consumer great hardware in the consoles. And you two are absolutely right that the at the average person wants a box they plug into their TV and not have think about any of this, And it is just the the who is this for? That I keep going back to of it. It's a small audience that has a lot of money, is willing to spend all that money to have the best of the best and not look at alternatives, and also notices the fidelity burst that they're getting for the pro And that's why this entire system feels a little misguide to me is because I think people have become so obsessed with numbers because they spend too much on time online where Twitter is telling them ten ADP is not good enough. If you don't have native four K, you're trash and you should feel bad if you just look at the image on your TV and look at how like it's the system is already doing a pretty good job upskilling these things. You'll be happy with what you have. You just need to like stop obsessing over the numbers as much. And I know it's not you know, not to apply it to everyone, because I myself am someone who does see the differences and cares about the differences. But that's also why I got off console hardware. So it's just it's I keep scratching my head a little bit, even if I totally understand where everything is lining up in terms of this hardware landing for a specific audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's it's also like this specific thing. To that point, Sean is running into a broader issue with the way that people buy things, right, Like, Noah, there is a Sony is aware that it's for four people, but they can't sell it like it's only available like only for four people. I have to say that it is like such a big important thing that you will be missing out if you do not get it. And that is endemic to this car. It is endemic to computer. It is endemic to phone, like it is just how phone the huge in phone. It's just like it fucking sucks the one the thing you have already is fine. Yesterday I watched that iPhone event and I was like, damn gang, y'all got nothing over there.
Speaker 2: And they spent millions and millions of dollars to convince you that you need a marginally better camera and people will eat it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm still used to a Moore's Law world, right, and yes, aren't in that world anymore?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, like there's no jump like. The innovation is we invented a contextual button on the side of the phone that you can use to take pictures and no one already fuckings at the camera that I've also Apple camera.
Speaker 1: The post crossing isn't.
Speaker 3: Don't get me.
Speaker 2: I really bought an iPhone for the video capabilities and I took a still image and I looked at it. I was like, what is this trash fire compared to the budget pixel that.
Speaker 3: But here's what it is.
Speaker 1: So this is exactly. I had a problem with my previous phone where I was like, there is something wrong with this camera and I don't know it. I took it to the Apple store and they did rantest and they're like, it says there's nothing wrong. But the Apples employee was like, this, these pictures clearly look ship, so there's something wrong. We just can't diagnose it.
Speaker 3: So I got a new phone process and it was still.
Speaker 1: Bad and I'm not Oh my god, I robbed.
Speaker 3: I'll do I'll do it quick. I'll get on my little soapbox. The reason that Apple if you watch this event yesterday and this is this is the same. This is the same conversation that Sony did with this PlayStation stuff. It's all tiny shit that you already are not really paying attention to. Whenever Apple shows you a photo that was taken on the phone. Now, in this video yesterday that they did, it was all the prettiest people you've ever fucking seen in these like the prettiest locations you've ever seen, or hyper studio like studio lighting, studio technology, studio equipment, professionally lit, professionally like formatted environments to let the camera do that thing very well. The camera does. If you spend ten thousand dollars on location and then another fifteen thousand dollars on equipment, Yeah, dog, the camera's gonna do fucking great. If you're in a bar and the bar is dark and you're trying to take a picture of your black or brown friend, the camera's gonna have a fucking stroke.
Speaker 1: It doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Or if you are trying to do something similar outside, the camera will say, well, there's too much light here. Got to get rid of these shadows. And that's why the photos on your iPhone look insane, because there's so much processing happening that it removes the like artifice of taking a picture anyway, I'm done, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Like it was bad enough that I like bought a like a Panasonic Loo Mix just to be like, yeah, buy a camera. Yeah, I'm just going I'm just buy a camera. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting that y'all weren't happy with the performance the thing you bought, so you what saw it an alternative in a different realm that you were really used to, but you learn how to. Interesting how that can sometimes pass. Anyways, back to the place I think.
Speaker 1: I think that the it's very very telling that and I feel like it's a good illustration of how essential and how meaningful a change. The PS five pro is is that they didn't have a new game to be like, look at what this thing can do.
Speaker 4: It was just because they can't Astroo's not even one of the enhanced games.
Speaker 1: Yeah they can't do that yet, or they really can't, because.
Speaker 2: Then it never will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it creates a kind of like a dispirity and like a divide between different PlayStations.
Speaker 2: But it's even the same reason they should do it. On PS four, the games they shows a different generation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the games they showed were existing games, but like the the changes weren't noticeable enough for me to go like, oh shit.
Speaker 2: This is huge.
Speaker 4: Well, Hogwarts Legacy was even still just at thirty frans per second.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: Raymond Stree Shadows is like the one game that's actually upcoming that they should I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that gets into a part of my little soapbox. Here is the fact that this was all shown off initially in a YouTube video that notoriously destroys all those little details that your PS five pro is going to give you. Is like, look, I know there's not many better options there, but that drove me up the law because that's why you see, like them doing the digital foundaries tell zoom like so many people accuse like that that channel of like, oh, well they zoom in on the details that nobody will ever notice, and they're like, well, no, we do it because most people watching it on their phone, and because YouTube destroys the video because of compression, so we zoom it insight. You can see the details that you might normally see on your TV, but like without it being like the mess.
Speaker 3: The thing is, Sean, they aren't gonna see it on their TV because they have a five hundred They have a five hundred dollars TCL four K the shittiest HDR you've ever seen, special and it's like, no, no, they're not gonna fucking notice. If you have an LGO lead, yeah, sure absolutely you might see this shit. But like the pixel density on some of these panels that they are shipping out right now that they are calling four K, that they are calling having HDR, that they are saying has Adobe vision and whatever the fuck those panels are ass they are terrible. You cannot see anything badly.
Speaker 4: So I thought they at least didn't use the words eight K. And by the way, it's still wild that ever on the box for the base PlayStation five they got rid of it because they're like, well that was a lie.
Speaker 2: I mean that just that brings us all full circle, Nikki, because like, like we said, the top of the segment here, it's all marketing, like they need to like make everyone think that you need this thing, even though no, this is the the person who needs a PS five pro. You know, this is all video games. Nobody needs any of this, let's be hear. But the person who needs a PS five pro in their chain for their entertainment setup is so so small because you need a really good TV. You need to be able to spend willing to spend this money. It's just it's not to just completely destroy the very cool tech that they have here. But it's just not I think a great idea in general.
Speaker 1: I know, and you know what, I look forward to having a PlayStation five Pro. I'm very glory.
Speaker 2: Because I.
Speaker 1: One frame bell.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's the giving us bloodborne with this, yeah or something.
Speaker 3: I just know that nobody is going to care because I've watched I watched a lot of NFL over the weekend because the season started ESPN and college football. Also over the course of the last two weeks, ESPN MHM online. Like if you have YouTube TV or like Fubo or whatever, or you're using the ESPN app, is still sending seven to twenty P video to your four K screen. You know who doesn't fucking complain? Anybody like me? Us, I complain. I'm pissed about it. Nobody says ship. Nobody gives the ship.
Speaker 2: Because they they don't know. They arguing, yeah, exactly, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It's moving out in a way that it's just not gonna give a ship, like you're not. Yeah, it's not something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, at the end of the day. The moral of the story is instead by Apple mac Pro wheels for seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 3: That's exactly it. That's the better you see your money.
Speaker 1: I just found it.
Speaker 4: I got some other headlines here ready.
Speaker 1: A USB poll in it? That's what my hand on the table?
Speaker 2: What is this? That's the USB?
Speaker 3: Because it charge your phone.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna charge it. What kinds of ship would this?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Is your desk plugged in? Hold on? Did you plug your desk in and then not question why you had to plug the desk?
Speaker 1: It's a standing death.
Speaker 3: So I figured it's okay, okay, okay, up and down switch. True, But I just love the idea that like your desk has no other features. They were like, well, there's a plug in it. Gotta plug boy in.
Speaker 4: Boy Soft shares plunge again at the urges company to go private. It's from Tom Ivan and VI mistake. The Assassin's Creed publisher's share price fell almost ten percent during trading yesterday before closing down seven point thirteen percent at thirteen point sixty seven euros. Has fallen by more than fifty percent over the last twelve months and now sits close to a ten year low. The company's share price had already declined significantly earlier this month, reportedly driven by a combination of a poorer than expected launch for Star Wars Outlaws and a sharp decline and interest in free to play shooter X Defiant. On Monday, hedge fund AJ Investments publish an open letter calling for strategic and structural changes at Ubisoft. It feels like Ubisoft has been skirting with disaster for a long time here. It's been maybe not a great year for them. Remember Skull and Bones that was this year? Was this? Yeah? Beyond Good and Evil too is going to come out someday maybe where's Yeah. One thing I'm confused about these stories. They keep talking about the poor launch of Star Wars Outlaws. I don't know where numbers are for that at all, So I'm not sure, like we know it's a poor lote, not that I don't believe it. I just wonder where that's coming from. But I don't know. How are we all feeling about Ubisoft these days?
Speaker 3: The people there seem great and lovely. It seems as if the people who run the business Ubisoft do not know how to run a business. Yes, So I mean, like I fucking like sorry, really like really when like shares plunged, Like all that means is that like a rich person's making less money or it's like about to make less money. And then the way that they will fix that is they will lay a bunch of people off. So like that, I feel like is what the next beat here is.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Yeah, I mean like I don't really want to talk about the share side of it because it's just that stuff is so alienating to the people who in many ways dictate the success of that company, Like the average game when you talk to them about shares is just going to be like where it's like widows like us are into it. But so from from the perspective of someone who is us looking at yourself as a company that makes develop some publishers games, it feels like they are in a very very stagnant place and are like paralyzed by decisions that have been made previously and precedent to the point where they're just not making any meaningful steps forward into towards any sort of greener pasture. So the entire business is currently hinging on Assassin's creed. Like Assassin's Creed is the thing that is keeping that company aflow, and it will likely continue to do that because Assassin's Creed has proven itself to be a long term franchise with a lot of adaptability and evolutionary potential, and every Assassin's Creed is a person's first Assassin's Creed and as a first time gaming experience, that franchise has a remarkable way of capturing the imagination. And I feel like that gives that franchise longevity in a way that will sustain Ubisoft to a degree for a long long time. But beyond that, it's a company that has been desperately trying to chase trends instead of define new kind of opportunities for themselves and hasn't been successful at it. Whether that's the games of service stuff, the kind of micro transaction stuff, the mobile stuff, the weird NFT stuff, blockchain stuff that they previously got behind and have been quite about since all that stuff has not meaningfully provided any They don't they don't have a foot in that and in those in those fields a stable footing at all. The best games there's a service title they have is Siege and that came out pre Games as a Service rush like that was just a game that they made that was very good and kept it like posts a retrospectively fit into the fit into the mold of a games of service. But beyond that they have the licensing games, which again is like it doesn't seem to be executing in a way like the Star Wars is the first major license thing that they've well, I guess Avatar as well.
Speaker 5: An Avatar and like should you say it made a big speech, it's just not hitting in the way that they A Star Wars game should hit and an Avatar game should hit, and Avatar is good, like it's it's an enjoyable video gaming as the Star Wars.
Speaker 1: But it's just you look at those two ips and then you look at the performance of those games from Ubisoft and the like discussion around them, and there's a disparity. There's a mismatch there, and there's something being lost along the way. The best potential game that they have right now, like franchise that they I feel like it's like under appreciated or like under discussed that has like forward looking like healthy potential is the Division And there were like three games into that now the third game and the yeah, and like but Division is people love that thing, but like it's also very generic in a lot of ways, and I wonder, like the world is moving on around them, Like how is that Third Division game going to do when it eventually inevitably comes out? What does Farcry look like next? And I just don't see where Yeah, yeah, I mean like I just don't see anything really, And it's a shame because they clearly have the ability to make bangers that are something different, like Prince of Persia came out in January, still one of the best games of this year. The problem is capitalism, their margins, their goals, they're so astronomically high that there's very few games that they could make that will reach the levels that will push that company to meet that kind of expectation. Because something like Prince of Persia everything could go right with it in every single way, it probably still isn't moving the needle. Follow Ubisoft.
Speaker 3: They should break up and nationalize. They should free everyt because Ubif's got a game studio in every fucking country, right, So you just break this ship up and then every country gets their own game studio.
Speaker 4: Everyone gets an Ubi Soft. Yeah, a couple of things I didn't make misspoke earlier. So yeah, the division Heartland was that free to play thing that got canceled. I think the mobile game is still happening right now. That yeah, don't worry. In that letter from AJ Investments calling for the changes, it urged the board to consider taking the company private, implement a comprehensive cost reduction program, and optimize staffing levels to be more comparable with industry leaders.
Speaker 2: He's yeah right.
Speaker 4: Also urges to focus on core IPS, which I guess is a way of saying stop doing license stuff. It consider replacing current CEO. He's gimo, No, they can't get rid.
Speaker 3: Of that guy's been that guy survived so many I mean, it's it's his business.
Speaker 1: It's a family business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at this point, like he's not leaving until he dies.
Speaker 4: No, well that's the thing, Like if you take the company private, wouldn't he be more secure than ever?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: But like yeah, again, like you take that company private, does it mean that you're in a reasonable time able to operate at a level level that you know is meeting expectations. No. I feel like if you take the company, if iyself takes itself private, it needs to scale down everything, which doesn't seem like people who are executives will very very naturally be like, no, yeah, we'll just make this smaller. That's not a normal executive brain.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, they want to be infinite. It's like NICKI and Ye Assassin's Creed infinity is. They don't talk about that that much recently. I feel like, but that's the future of Assassin's Creed, right, I don't really understand what the hell that.
Speaker 3: Is would be so well served it didn't really s any video games for five years, Like if companies could do that, Like if they just were like, we're going out for five years and everything.
Speaker 4: Is good and evil too, yes, and you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Remake what's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, where the hell is that? I don't know. I don't know. We'll see if you'd be soft guest things figured out. Next headline here, family market a really important focus for PlayStation CEO says. This is from Victoria Kennedy at Eurogamer. Reflecting on Astrobot's recent success, Herman Holts, PlayStation's recently appointed joint CEO, has now said the family market is really important for us to focus on. Also, speaking on the Official PlayStation Podcast, in a joint interview with Astrobot's creative director Nicholas Nico Dossett. During the discussion, the show's host asked if PlayStation would now consider putting more of its resources behind these games with a more family friendly feel, noting Lego Horizon is also set to release in just a few short months. I think it's massively important that PlayStation studios developed games in various genre and the family market I think is really important for us to focus on whole, said astro is very, very important to PlayStation. He continued, Obviously, we had the pre install Asho's Playroom on the PlayStation five that millions and millions and millions of people have embraced in love, and I think that's become a little bit of a platform to launch this new game. Now. I've been critical in the past for PlayStation kind of you know, once having a really strong stable of family friendly games with things like Crash and Spiro and Sly Cooper and you know, Retching and Clank and Lighting a lot of that kind of follow the wayside as they focused on the kind of more prestigious story driven games they tried here and there. You know, we did have sack Boys Big Adventure at the PlayStation four launch he had astro pecked in there. But I think that it's would be a very smart thing for them to continue investing in this path. Astrobot seems like a very good step forward there. There's a lot of franchises that we see in there, things like epe Escape that just really do see prime for a comeback. I don't know, how do you all feel about out the the kind of importance of that family market, which again is basically the reason why Nintendo. Yeah, that's what some degree.
Speaker 3: They Yeah, CONGRATSI remember that kids also need stuff, like good for you, cool, good luck getting the kids to spend seven hundred dollars on your new box. Also like like yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I mean honestly, that is a huge barrier to the family market. Is a five dollars system when a three hundred dollars switch or two.
Speaker 3: Light Yeah, like you like not, I need to very clearly, like two hundred dollars is a lot of money. But like when you're thinking about investment in my child having a good time and or shutting the fuck up for two seconds, right, you get the same level of kids shut the fuck up for two hundred dollars and you get a wider library of stuff that has more that is going to do more for the kid. Then there are on the play station five let's count the family games Astros play Room, astro Ball, back Boy, Big Adventure which okay, yes, Ratchet and Clank, Elden Ring, and that's it. That's there's six of them. And it's like, why would you do that when you could give your kid your old phone which you've already spent money on that has games on it, or you can put them in front of your shitty laptop which has games on it, or they can play Roadblocks or whatever, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck.
Speaker 1: I guess it's this as well. But like bringing it back, it's a this is a tickle Me Elmo situation where they're trying to have this thing that appeals to younger audiences, but then it is so expensive to get that it's just impossible for that specific audience to engage with the thing that you're making for them. Yeah, like, there's no kids that are gonna look at or parents are going to look at this astrobot game go that's very child friendly and then be like I'm going to spend seven hundred dollars on this console, or even five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Five hundred dollars, like five hundred dollars for the regular one is too much. And like if the move for this, right is this Astros or Lego Horizon comes out, that's November or December.
Speaker 4: Right, If their.
Speaker 3: Move actually after this is the switch to gets announced and then like as a launch game, Lego Horizon is on that platform, then it's a different conversation, right, because then it's.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, switch it is, Oh, it's already on switch Okay.
Speaker 3: So then yeah, maybe if they keep doing that for sure, but it's not they're not going to grow the PlayStation specifically off of increased family game.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's I mean, that's a whole conversation that people don't want to have. A lot of people who frankly will be angry at the whole conversation we just have about PlayStations. They don't want to admit. They don't want to admit that going elsewhere is how you find a different audience. Yeah, but like all of this is it feels like frankly, gaming as a whole, all these companies have played themselves by ballooning out of control and being these big prestigious mature games. Guess what, there's only so many adults out there who want to play games, and so once you've already sold to them, where do you go freaking nowhere if you can't get the kids on board. And if you can't get the kids on board, they don't care about your brand moving forward into the future. They care about roadblocks and Minecraft and Fortnite that they can already play on. Like Nikki said, mom and Dad's old phone slash tablet or a switch console which is significantly cheaper. So it's a really tricky situation that I don't know how they get themselves out of if they want to expand, and I don't know if you even can at this point. That's why, that's why you know as much as you know, let's be real xboxes behind the curve of this generation. The series as was a spark play for the position they were in, because a three hundred dollars system that you can buy is like a Christmas present for a little Timmy makes a lot more sense.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Granted they would have a ton of family friendly stuff over there either, but but they also bang your Fortnite machine and bang your machine.
Speaker 3: And they have exactly, and they have game Pass which is like a different cell, but like I.
Speaker 1: Mean between the lines here, like the he's the CEO, Herman Houst is saying, the family market is really important for PlayStation, not the PlayStation five or the PlayStation six minester station. So that the family market means when they talk about opinion, the family market, they talk about all encompassing strategy that involves potentially bringing your games to other platforms, which is going to happen more and more and more, whether people like cannot and also like diversifying where people engage with that stuff that includes like movies, TV shows, you know, fun, codebops, whatever it may be. Is the family market is how they get you know, they can use so many different avenues to bring the family market to PlayStation. The problem they are there have is inevitably there is they're going to have to try and make those people are going to make a decision around whether they want to invest in the core thing that is PlayStation, which is the hardware and certainly just doesn't have currently in my to my mind, the ability to translate a you know, a kid that's seen an Astrobot TV show to a kid that now owns a PlayStation console because the barrier to entry is too high.
Speaker 2: Still, Yeah, and I think that kind of goes back to what we're saying of, like, Hey, imagine if you got off the internet for a second, if like you and your friend were not on Twitter or whatever, and you didn't care about any of this crap in this capacity. Imagine your friend telling you, hey, you know that game you want to play, you don't have to buy the five hundred dollars box is coming to your existing box. Isn't that neat? And your friend goes, yeah, that's really cool. I'm glad they're doing that. Nobody cares about the fanboy bs, so make sure not to keep that in mind when it comes to games coming to other platforms, because that's that's how people realistically think.
Speaker 4: Got a couple more headlines we could maybe he here before we move on from software. Job posting suggests Armored corese seven is on the ways is from a as mets and at Inverse. A new job posting for the company says several new projects are in the works, and one of those projects in particular, asks for familiarity with Mecca after a success of Armor Course Sex It's hard to see that glue is pointing to anything else. The job posting forst spoted by PSU comes from from Software's career page and was also shared in the company's recruiting account on x. These roles were launched as part of the recruitment drive to gear U for multiple upcoming projects. While almost nothing is known about any of these projects, there's a little bit of information on description for a character designer role, So you know, we're all kind of wondering about the future from Software, what exactly is next. You know, there's been some comments for me is Zaki that they don't want to do that. Basically, the scale of Elder Ring is the limit for them. It's not going to ever be anything bigger than that. But still multiple projects, well one of them is going to be whatever is next from that Core Soul's team. But I'm encouraged at least that it seems like Armored Core isn't going away. I really enjoyed Armored Corps six. It was something of a surprise for me. So whether this is you know, the DLC they're working on, which it could be a possibility here or some kind of spinoff thing, I'm pretty happy there how do you guys feeling about the future of From Software.
Speaker 3: I bet it's going to be a three v three tactical shooter hell yeah, in the Armored Cores, and it's gonna feel really good. It's gonna fucking love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm here to think of this what it makes sense.
Speaker 1: I I feel like the idea of mecha showing up pretty much clearly defines what this is gonna be. There is a small possibility that it is like the traditional Souls team, the Core Sols team, or one of them decides they want a new spin on their their whole style of making games, and it's a from Software as From Software game, but with mechs. But I think they're smart enough to know not to do that because it would kind of pollute the waters or muddy the waters for a franchise like Armored Cores, which I think is on the ascent more more than it has ever been before. So I personally believe like the smart bet would be another Armored Core game, especially given the reception to Armored Cores. So that's that's really good. I feel like they've hit on something really, really special with Armored Core six, and it's roped in people that just you would never expect to be playing Armored Core games, and it still has enough of its own unique kind of identifiers and hooks. That is, it isn't like a reskinned Souls game. It's not even as close to a Soul's game experience as Securo was to traditional sales games. It's still very it's a very, very different experience, but has that unmistakably from styling to it, and from feel to it, and from kind of loop to it. So I feel like that now that they the Armored Core franchise and the Armored Core team has been given a new lease on life, and they have the benefit of knowing what from Software is capable of not having a core identity for the studio, which then can be leveraged to make the games, and that will distinguish them from other you know, developers and publishers out there. So seems that can make sense. I do think that the core of you know, from team is going to go onto something else. Now. I'm sure that there's a whole fleet of dump trucks being backed up, backed up full of money. That's with the words elder Ring two written on it. But I also I feel like, of all the developers, and I'm obviously slightly biased because I I love the studio, of all the developers from software, is the most likely and in the best position to be like, no, we will not do an elder Ring too. We will go and make something brand new, and the studio and the publishers, the money makers, whoever it may be, will still be like, we'll still take give you the money. Just we'll give you that money. Just let us do it. I fully expect there to be another, Like I think they're going to go onto something in the vein of Secure on blood Born, which is something that is unexpected, maybe even like exclusive to a platform or or for a period of time or and it's like more focused on another idea that is, you know, gameplay mechanics driven and a little more like focused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think it is cool that they sort of have take it leveraged the prestige of the studio to sort of raise up some of their lesser known series such as Armored Corps, because like, I'm not a huge Souls guy. I like the faster from games like a Bloodborn or a Second Row, but I'm not super into these more methodical Souls style. So I am glad that Armored Cores is its own thing. But just me knowing that from Soft's games are incredibly well made, I'm like, you know, even if I don't love all his studio stuff, like I'm gonna get in there and try And I did try out Armor Core Sex and there are some aspects about that I didn't like. So I did fall off eventually, Like I didn't love this sort of radio drama presentation of the story on uh and everything. I know some people do, Like I know Grub really likes it, but just wasn't for me.
Speaker 3: But just he's multi consuming stories in the past when he was a boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the only way he consumes stories, Nikki. He only listens to audiobooks and skips cutscenes and everything else. But yeah, just like if it got someone like me in the door, like, I think that's a good sign for them, just you know, again using that prestige to sort of raise up their other projects. It's really cool.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be cookies and cream.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: Here, Space Marine two see's highest concurrent player peak ever for a Warhammer forty K game on Steam. This is from Wesley and Putt ign space Marine two launched proper the other day, September ninth, after four days of early access, and soon shot to record breaking success for a Warhammer forty K game. Space Marine two saw a huge twenty four hour peak concurrent player count of two hundred and twenty five six hundred and ninety players on Steam, the highest peak ever seen for a game of the series on vows platform, alongside a very positive user review rating. Indeed, Space Marine two is now the most played UH forty K or Warhammer game everyon's Steam. To put the launch into context, space Marine two not total war Warhammer threes one hundred and sixty six seventy fifty four peak occurrence into second place. I feel like I'm just hearing good buzz about this game. It seems like people are really into it. I kind of want to check it out, and it seems like, maybe, you know, I respect the kind of shotgun approach. Warhammer forty K has had to just sort of releasing a ton of video games.
Speaker 3: We'll give it to whoever more of.
Speaker 4: Them than Yeah, it seems like more of them than not kind of hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean like, yeah, I'm glad that this little ip is finally getting some love. I mean, like, it's an incredibly versatile property that you can turn into basically anything. And we're at the stage now where the people who are making these video games probably grew up playing like Warhammer, whether that's the classic stuff or the forty K stuff. And there are a surprisingly a good number of Warhammer games now, like you said, that are super high quality, like Total Warhammer is one of them, but like Vermin Tide, Dark Tide, that kind of stuff. There's gold guna Trader, Yeah, there's there's. It is such a versatile and and like games workshops, seems to be a little more fast and loose with taking shots at it. And why not, Like they've got the foundation of their business is rock solid. Again, they're in a position where Warhammer is eternally cool, Like people are always going to be into Warhammer for one reason or another, so they have the luxury to just be like, who wants to make a thing? If it goes well, great, if it doesn't, we still have these plastic toys that are selling a billion dollars a day or whatever, So yeah, good for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, I'm gonna sorry back.
Speaker 1: We're gonna head over to emails.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: But before that, another quick bricky break and a few words from the sponsors emails if you want to send if you want to, that is really going for emails. If you want to send a giant bomb an email, you can hit us up at BombCast at giant bomb dot com. We're going to begin with one from Ryan about physical medias right, and says Hi Giant Bomb. With the recent discussions slash emails regarding whether to get a PC or console, which I largely agree with these days, I felt there was one factor not mentioned. PC basically doesn't support any physical games. They just aren't made anymore. Sure, you could get a distriyer for old stuff, but that's about it. I've realized that I will likely always have a console around for some physical media, holding on to whatever ownership I have these days. Is this a consideration for you all?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Look where the tide's going though. Look look at the PlayStation five Pro seven drew bucks and guess what it doesn't come with, right, And like, yeah, there's a right now, there's an option that you're gonna be able to buy a disc drive and add it on there. How many more years are we going to even have that option? Still right, Like, I completely get the physical media arguments. I understand it completely. I just I kind of wave the right the white flag of bit on that one. I just think it's going away, and I'm just kind of resigned to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like, how much do discs even do anymore? Isn't it not very much?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: A like capacity?
Speaker 4: No, I mean like like sales.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Well, if I if I go to this store right now and you buy the video game Call of Duty, what's on the what's on the disc?
Speaker 2: So this is a no, no no, This is a huge misconception, and this is okay, okay, this is no my time to shine because I'm I think I'm the only one who cares about like physical media for modern stuff around here. Uh, it's a huge misconception that most games don't have the base game on they do, they have the one point zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem is day one patches have become such a big thing that your one point zero is often not amazing. But if it's a smaller game, especially if you're buying like you know, a double A or let alone an indie title, you're getting the entire thing and then with yeah, you're big, like Ubisoft Games and whatever you're getting the one point, Oh, that's gonna have some bugs, but it's still fully playable. The thing about physical media is for most people, it's about that sense of ownership. And let me introduce you to DRM Free Digital. That's why I love buying things on like g og or directly from the developers of a game or something, because then when you buy it, you can just download it, you can back it up, you can burn it to a disc, you can put on USB drive, you do wior hell you want it. That is true ownership. Your disc, even technically, is not true ownership. The problem is problem is you can't do anything with it past that point. You own the media, but no one else can. And that's something I understand a lot, because you know, nowadays I get a lot of games review codes, you know, perkole the job. But with physical media, I still like to buy that because I can pass on that disc to someone else. If I don't like a game that I buy, you know, on my own pocket, I can get rid of it and gets on my money back. So I totally get that. I think it's kind of the theme of the whole console versus PC conversation we've been having. You know, I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone to do something that they don't want to do. Enjoy games and whatever what you want. But I think there's a lot of misconceptions around PC, and one of those is, you know that like you're resigning to digital in its entirety and all the pitfalls of console digital. Yes, Steam is the biggest players form on PC. Yes it is a DRM factory, but it's also a DRM factory that just works so much better than other platforms that most people just don't care. Is where we're at right now. And also, you know there's other nebulous things like valves talked about. We have a plan for in the future if all this stuff does go away, we'll have some way for you access your games. So just even that small thing is like, Okay, they're thinking about these things. I just have more faith in Steam as a digital platform that I do PlayStation or xboxes or alone Nintendo's digital store funds, you know. So that's how I see it as a PC fan who also likes physical media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like physical media, but I feel like we don't really have much of a say in it. The business of media is wor dictates how you know, the movements happen with this because I could, to the end of you know time, be like I want this, I want but fundamentally and like factually, DIC aren't doing well in retail. They make the whole process more expensive because like publishers and developers now have to account for putting a physical thing on a shelf shelf space. It's just and then like you know, the the limitations of size and speed and that kind of stuff. At a certain point, the industry just pushes through any sort of preferences that we have just to make things cheaper for themselves or make more money. And the elimination of physical media both makes the release and production of video games or movies cheaper and for everyone, and in that it results in higher revenue generation. They can make it cheaper, sell it for a price that gives them a little bit of money on the back end without you know, and all they really need to account for is like service space, and that is the be all end all of it. I think the phys a cool media industry will become more bolstered as a kind of novel ty thing. Yeah yeah, like a yeah, Limited Run. I am a bit that that kind of stuff is what makes sense, like that I bought a physical thing. I realized that I didn't have all the Dark Souls games in one place. They were kind of like scattered across multiple generations and consoles. So I bought the PlayStation like the compendium. That was the last thing I bought. And I feel like there's going to be more of stuff like that, where it's like, here's a nice version of a video game that came out a while back. But the tricky part is obviously like not every game is going to get it. The thing that you want isn't guaranteed to have it, like you know what I mean, And and it's very much at the whims of tastes and demand for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's why places like Limited Round are cool. I just the other day I got my They were doing a overstock sale, so I got the Convention Exclusive or z on switch because I have a have a digital version of ours that I didn't pre order the physical copy because I didn't know how much I would like it. But that game rules like I should have known it would.
Speaker 4: And is it still in like my top ten?
Speaker 2: It's really good I'm definitely I can't wait to get that. I'm just gonna start bringing that to events we go to and see how many people who like in passing have a cameo or whatever, See how many people and get to sign like, you know, get John and Naudie, get m VG, get all these people involved to like sign it that that is a nice thing about physical media and that's why I still like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Next email comes from Jeff from Quebec and it's called laser eyes and it's very simple. Oh no, this is this is the same person. No, this is from Chris. Sorry. Chris says, if you could shoot lasers from your eyes, how do you think it would change your life?
Speaker 4: Pretty dramatically Chris, Yeah, kill somebody you know, really bad about it, jail, it'd be it would not be good. There's no I don't think there's a positive to I guess I could start fires very easily, which again seems like it could lead to problems.
Speaker 3: The government finds you you're done. That's the thing about this happening to you, is that you're going to take your eyes out. No, I don't think absolutely. Do you think that the government would take your eyes out before using you for military purposes.
Speaker 4: First, Yes, because they don't want one stupid asshole shoot laser eyes.
Speaker 3: They want a whole army that.
Speaker 1: Mike is on.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like they would send you into a couple of black Ops missions before they took your eyes out.
Speaker 4: No, because then they might lose my eyes.
Speaker 3: Because what if I like ie, they'll take Maybe they'll take one celebrated.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's going to take it. They will just like seize control of you and expreid on you because this is a one of a kind thing and they don't know how it works. So if they're like, we could remove the eyes, but then it could not function and we would have no idea what to do. Yeah, so I feel like they'd pell can produ you for a really long time.
Speaker 4: Now, is it I could control when the eye shoot laser? It's not a psych Colops situation where I need my special visor or else. It's just the question does say if you could shoot lasers from your eyes? Yes, I'm assuming you are just Cyclops from the X Men, which.
Speaker 1: Also means that you're if you're Cyclops from X menting it your laser won't produce heat because his one doesn't produce heat, which means it's less dangerous.
Speaker 3: But then you can do cool flips and tricks and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just know that the term optic blast would be in my but like, also, it's not going to be nearly as cool because we're not like built like Cyclops and cool. We'll just like I'll be like a slobby dude optic blasting like a packet of cookies off the top of a supermarket aisle so I can catch it.
Speaker 4: Psychclops being that fit right, because he does not need to be He could shoot lasers out of his eyes. He doesn't need to be strong.
Speaker 1: I feel like the fitness helps his effectiveness.
Speaker 4: Like he needs cardio for sure, need to be.
Speaker 1: If he's if he does an optic blast against something that puts up enough resistance, he wants to be able to hold his ground and move forward instead of like pushing back, and that would be weight, not cardio. Or if he's like jumping really far because he needs to get higher, you know, get high, so you optic downwards. Then there's admit it.
Speaker 4: That it would be kind of funnier if like the Cyclops of the team had more of a me body and I mean, I'm helpful.
Speaker 3: Do you want me here?
Speaker 4: Like, I'm not going to take the stairs though, I'm using the elevator. Yeah, let's go get Magneto.
Speaker 1: I would. I would if I had to get the I would get the the elder Ring style flame of Frenzy, fire from your eyes thing where every now and then I just like start writhing around and then just lasers go fucking everywhere anyone around.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I would go for.
Speaker 4: But there's does Laura Lion the game lor Liing the laser eyes actually have laser eyes? I don't know much about that game.
Speaker 2: I play a bunch of games that this this is enough for me. I'm out, so I could not tell you that I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't as far as I mean, I played a few hours of it. I don't think there's any actual laser eyes yet. Like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it like a Scooby do title or it's like the laser eyes are somewhere else in the mythology that someone else has.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the relationship to Scooby Do there? Because it's like Scooby Doo.
Speaker 3: And blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Scooby Doo and I'm probably thinking of, yeah, I'm probably missing something else like Nancy Drew or something like that, you know, like blah blah blah and whatever it might be.
Speaker 1: I think it might. It's more like, you know, this person's an investigator and figuring things out and they can you know.
Speaker 4: That makes so much more sense. Stupid, Oh, I think you might.
Speaker 1: Might not be.
Speaker 4: I though I think you're right now that he's saying it like that. I think she's just has good self awareness.
Speaker 1: It's just like characters just going through like a mysterious mansion, just fucking blasting everything.
Speaker 2: It's so much cooler, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, imagine how much easier mist would be if.
Speaker 1: You could.
Speaker 2: Resident Evil one totally different games. You're just cyclops.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, okay, I'm very.
Speaker 2: Thankful for this.
Speaker 1: Really, education will definitely change Mitch's life.
Speaker 4: So open up my laser?
Speaker 1: Is that, mister. Next next email comes from Jeff from Quebec. As promised earlier, be a video game. Is the title, Hello Bombers. If you were a video game instead of a human, which one would you be? It's not about your favorite game and what you aspire to be. It's just about what you actually really are. For example, Dan may love Melgis Holid three, and he may wish he was Super Mario Maker, but we all know he's actually w c W Fashion, Nitel and n w L Revenge for the N sixty four.
Speaker 2: You'd be happy with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he'd love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, that makes a sad question. This is a great question. I'm trying to figure out what now try? What video game am I? That'sh Does anybody have one for?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Maybe it's easier with you, like you know if you told me Tam is uh so a lot and the vibe is similar. Oh good, I.
Speaker 1: Think that you would be the video game Crosty's fun House.
Speaker 4: Just accidentally laughed like Krusty as.
Speaker 1: You like you are the human embodiment of the video game Crusty.
Speaker 4: I'm a Lemmings clone for the sake of Genesis and Super Nintendo. I kind of understand that people why just play you Rocket made me think of Lemming, So I was actually thinking about Kresty's fun House not too long ago.
Speaker 2: I think the boring answer for Mike, though, is he is just Disneyland Adventures for the Xbox connection.
Speaker 4: Yea, Oh, can I be the Adventures and Magic Kingdom for the ne e s though similar.
Speaker 2: But because because of everything you just said, you are so Disneyland Adventures.
Speaker 4: Dude, Okay, that's about Kingdom Kingdom Infinity. Yeah, I could definitely be Kingdom Hearts. That's pretty. That's pretty.
Speaker 2: I want to feel like anime quite enough, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sean's kind of maybe it's just like I associate Sean with think as much, but Mega Man Legends. I get vibes from that. Yeah, there's like there's a youthful.
Speaker 3: Iron things, bright blue sky what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd be digger, digging, digging.
Speaker 1: Nikki, What would you be? What would you be?
Speaker 3: Nikki? My game and forever, I am constant, I'm never ending.
Speaker 2: I do think, and this is another one that we associate with the person, but I do think like Fuser is so much of your vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do love a concert, music festival, people together, hang out with ya.
Speaker 1: I would have gone with d DR. I feel energy to you, like if you became a video game.
Speaker 4: And Jeff Group is definitely mud Runners. Yeah, I've never even played a second of Well listen.
Speaker 3: Infrastructure Week is just a couple of weeks away, you will.
Speaker 1: I feel like Jeff Grub is super meat.
Speaker 6: Boy, Like.
Speaker 8: I think you could have you could assigned that to me, like sprinting around so fast, happy as can be, and accidentally saying things that are the equivalent of him jumping into like sore blades constantly and then bouncing around and doing it again, Like that is Jeff Grub.
Speaker 4: If you asked him, I think he might say Octo Dad. I know he like really identified that game, like, oh this is like I get in right, Yeah, yeah, Backlaw and.
Speaker 2: Lucy is there is there like a Doom themed expansion for PC Builder, Because that's Jeff Backler.
Speaker 1: That's a he's a he's a Doom like map maker, not doing myself.
Speaker 2: He's he's the level editor in like Doom Eternal or whatever.
Speaker 4: I think Backlar is just like a Metallica pinball machine, like a real one.
Speaker 3: Just like a shoot pinball machine. I think is just a shoot Metallica pinball surely.
Speaker 1: I feel like back Li is Typing of the Dead.
Speaker 2: Such a good call, that's really nailed it.
Speaker 4: Uh what about Lucy Lucy Lucy quake? Nah?
Speaker 1: I feel like Lucy is probably nine snails.
Speaker 2: That's all I got.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: I feel like if I had to. If Lucy was metaled down and became a video game disc, it would be mass effect. Oh yeah, it would be mass.
Speaker 3: Effect or like a dragon Age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she does love dragon Age, but I feel like her vibe is more mass effect is more space, yeah, space space, Jan?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Someone So Jan is Billy Hatcher, which I just thought wasn't a delightful thing.
Speaker 4: I considered Billy Hatcher for myself a moment ago. Why are multiple people thinking about Billy hatcherd.
Speaker 2: It's an okay game, It's kind of fun.
Speaker 4: Glover was slightly better. Maybe maybe if Glover was slightly worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe slightly worres like Lover kind of Fox.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think Jan also might be cooking mama.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, cooking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another boring one where Jan just is coffee talk, like just wanting to coffee and then like have a good conversation with your friends, like yeah, Cam, did we them up with one for you? No?
Speaker 4: I didn't hate Yeah, yeah, but I don't know, like sor reavers kind of like I don't know, it takes itself like like seriously, but it's still fun. Yeah, it's a compliment. Damn right. Okay, somebody who treats his life like a clown show. I respect you.
Speaker 1: Always abide by any solo association with Sorry, but I'll take it. Next question comes from Winship from Edmonton Kids Game question marks, Good morning astro Bomb crew. This weekend, I plan him Astrobot easily top three of my Game of the year. You can't have a top three game and you have one game of the year. But I see what you're saying. So much fun. But Twitter discourse says it's a kids game. The game felt like a Marrier game, which I never thought of as a kids game. Is actual bought a kid's game. I'm now curious what makes a game a kid's game.
Speaker 3: Every video game is a kid's game.
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry, yeah, I mean you know what.
Speaker 2: That's okay because video games are for kids, but also we can like them too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I mean the astro bought it's really fun funny because like it is technically a kid's game on the face of it, but like any kid that is growing up today will not be able to appreciate the nostalgia that is a significant portion of that game. So in that respect, it's not really a kid's game because they weren't alive when all this stuff was happening, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a kid's game is something that like, I don't know, like edge lords are weird depressed people called video games that don't have realistic graphics and decapitations. Yeah, like depictions of sex. I don't know. Did you guys see that? The Day's Gone creative director was like upset that, like, how dare they use my characters? Shocked promote this little kids? Uh?
Speaker 1: Sean, what is the name of that character.
Speaker 2: Played that game? Idea?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: Deacon deep.
Speaker 2: Like the cartoon studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that tweet and I was like, gone to my head. If you asked me to name that the name of that character, it will be my funeral in a couple of months. No, I.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. People are saying, is it Deacon?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It is?
Speaker 3: Friends call him his friend.
Speaker 1: Call him what he's called? Is what he is?
Speaker 2: John? Because of Duke Newcomb, I can almost guarantee that.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Look, there are some things that are like only for kids, for sure. Look take it, you know, But I know I'm the diskyo, right, but I think that a lot of that stuff is actually just for everyone in a lot of ways. It's fun and sometimes good for you to just enjoy some of these simpler call you joyful things.
Speaker 3: Calling games calling things for children is disrespectful to children who can understand quite a bit actually, and is also disrespectful to adults.
Speaker 4: You're there, if you're sitting there watching Pepa Pig by yourself and your maybe it's a bit weird, but like Astro Bought is just clearly a you know, it's an engaging platformer again with all this nostalgia bait that's just clearly fun for everyone to go through. If you have any kind of affinity for.
Speaker 2: That categorizing answer, yeah, the real answer here is that it's it's not a kid's game. It's a family friendly game. But because people feel the need to tear things down, they frame in the most derogatory way possible, so they group it in with like Elmo we talked about at the Begina show. That's that Elmo is for kids. Literally, he is there to educate children. That's for kids. But like having a family friendly vibe, like you know, like Disney or even like a targeting kids as your primary demographic, you know, like a down chop about Pokemon I'm big into that, obviously targeting kids as a key demographic, but so anyone can enjoy and you know what, yeah, anyone can enjoy. Like whatever.
Speaker 1: You live once, Like anything that you find brings.
Speaker 2: You joy is for you.
Speaker 1: Like and it obviously needs to be legal and you know, legit. But like if you're if you're playing a game or watching a movie or listening to some doing some sort of you know, Disney based thing, if it brings you joy, it's for you, Like it's not, it's not for anyone. Also, like going on Twitter and letting them decide if let's let's say we all went yes, it's a kid's game, would that change anything? Like it still looks fun, is fun? You probably play it. Just play the game, like don't. Life is too short for other people to tell you when how you should be enjoying things and when you should be enjoying things. Just play the game.
Speaker 4: Plus Twitter arguments that's not real life, and so much of that is bad faith going on there or just you know, you're just hearing from stupid people being Amplecada the decheads of the world.
Speaker 2: I don't have the music setup, so I'm been keeping track of this, but Jans, what did we learn today? What we learned today is like, what the hell you want to because that's pretty yeah.
Speaker 1: And that brings in this episode of the Giant Giant Bomb Cast.
Speaker 4: Uh, I was good to reference cookies and so it's a good thing you did.
Speaker 3: Shut me.
Speaker 1: Thank you everyone for listening. This week a bit of a weird week, as you can probably tell, because I am hosting the Giant Bomb Cast. Folks are out and about, people on trips. People aren't, like, you know, taking some personal time, et cetera, et cetera. We will attempt and probably be paying Space Marine at some point this week.
Speaker 2: Jeff, we look at UPF for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that will probably be UPF on Friday.
Speaker 2: Still, yeah, everyone should be back on Thursday. Yes, so it should be back for at first am.
Speaker 4: I understanding is that we should still be at least what I heard yesterday, we should still be good.
Speaker 1: For clubs tomorrow. That stuff is going to happen, as Seawn just said. Grub is going to be back, So GMM will pick up on Thursday and we'll have one on Friday as well, and then there will be a voicemail dump truck this week as well. We were sure. We recorded a Jeff Just Bizarre Adventure earlier this week and John Luke is editing that at some point soon, so you can look forward to that one appearing in your feed otherwise. But that's the plan. If things suddenly shift, please accept our apologies. Things are up in the air, and you know, stuff is happening that is on control, will be on a power to control. But we'll do our best to be here.
Speaker 2: Nikki.
Speaker 1: Why can people find you what you up to recently?
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at dot su A g O D S E W A and I have if you do not know, a podcast called if You're Driving Close your Eyes. It's a comedy show. If you like this, thank you so much. If you like me on this, I think you will also like me there if You're Driving Close your Eyes U Mitch.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm Tolkoto everywhere on Twitch and streaming through the Souls series and kind of in the middle of Dark Souls too right now, so check me out there if you would like to see that.
Speaker 2: Sean, you can find me on Twitter dot com as at Turbo Shawn Underscore, s A H A w N. Please get right. If you're Gonta yell at mean, that's the one thing I ask you can find me. Yeah, sitting in this chair, editing this podcast. Do here because I'm doing this all thing DoPT to bottom. If you're watching on YouTube, Hey, let's let me know how things went today. Very unorthodox BombCast, but think everything went well. So like, yeah, let me know how the production went and I'll try to improve the next time I do this. If anything went wrong.
Speaker 1: We're not going to send out a survey, but you should act like there was a survey and tell us, you know, hours a production, how are the guests hosts? How was the main host? Like? You can tell them never never let Tim on again. We just switch up. How much time?
Speaker 2: Say that?
Speaker 1: How much time?
Speaker 3: If you If you feel like that, write it down on a piece of paper and then fucking mad cares I.
Speaker 1: Don't have anything. Well, I'm not gonna promote the one thing I am involved with I promote earlier, which is LS, but I will stay in instead promote a podcast that my friend just launched, Maxicoville, who you may know from IGN just by our podcast called start a podcast called Distinct Rules with Brian Altono. First episode is up now and It's a lot of fun. They have a Patreon too, I feel interested in supporting them, but yeah, check it out. I'm just trying to, you know, shine some spotlight on other people doing cool stuff that I like and could be enjoyed by our crew hair. But thank you everyone. We'll see you again very soon.
Speaker 4: Bye bye That e'sn Cream