Speaker 1: Go cunning into Great America. Let's continue. We never stop, we never hesitate, We simply continue. As you may know, NewsBusters dot Org is a site put together by Brent Bozell and some others to identify media bias by objective proof, not hyperbole. I'm not Jeff Bezos. Sometimes I wish I was Jeff Bezos, who owns a Washington Post, who says the media cannot be believed anymore. He's the media. He says we're not impartial and that we have to get back our reputation. About nineteen percent of the American people consider PBS, NBC, ABCCBS to be objective. I don't know about that nineteen percent. They're not paying attention, but nonetheless joining you and I now is Curtis Holk is one of the editors of NewsBusters dot org. And Curtis, first of all, you put up a finding a few days ago, and what your group does is record everything on PBS, NBCABC and CBS, and then you determine whether it's pro or anti Harris, pro or anti Trump. So, first of all, tell the American people the formula you use and the results of your study.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So Bill I'll always pleasure to be with you what we do when we look at these studies, these percentage positive and negative studies. Folks need to always keep in mind that what we're doing is most often the network evening newscast of the ABCCBS NBC that typically air at six thirty pm Eastern, give or take to an hour, depending on what time zone you're in, and we simply strip out all sound bites from the candidates themselves, whichever candidate we're talking about, supporters of theirs in an elected capacity, or campaign advisors, and so we solely look at what are the anchors and what are the correspondents telling us, what are they saying, And we take each sentence, each statement, and evaluate it positive or negative. And that's how we get to the formula that we have now with our latest study finding that since Joe Biden dropped out of the presidential race and was replaced by Kamala Harris, Trump coverage has been eighty five percent negative and Kamala Harris covered seventy eight percent positive. Now, I will tell you that the numbers are far higher or lower depending on which network you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I can tell from a fact.
Speaker 2: That ABC is well into the nineties in terms of Harris's positive ratings. So with the other two networks, you can tell that they're kind of about their CBS or NBC, I can't remember which is right about there, and the others a little bit lower than seventy eight percent positive. So hence how we get that kind of number in the middle. But the most important takeaway from all of this is that is a greater coverage disparity than what we saw the previous two presidential elections when we were doing the study. The difference between the two candidates is greater than what we saw in twenty sixteen with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in as well as twenty twenty with Joe Biden and Donald Trump as well. And this goes to show the media feel that they need to put their thumb on the scale to help com Harris because by all, for all intents and purposes, she has no policy. She is a willing empty suit. Whereas Joe Biden, based on his lack of mental faculties, didn't.
Speaker 3: Know where he was, so he was similarly an empty suit. But Kamala Harris is a willing empty suit.
Speaker 1: Well, deal with the garbage comment of Joe Biden at the end the White House during the Eclipse Ellips Get Together by Kamala Harris. But going back in time, I can vaguely recall that in twenty sixteen, it was roughly sixty forty sixty percent positive for Hillary and it was forty percent positive for Trump. Went back and forth because he was a relatively new figure on the political scene. But since that time, in the last gosh eight years, the ABC NBCCBS has gone completely left wing. There's no pretense of objectivity. And my source for that is not just you at NewsBusters, but also Jeff Bezos, who runs the most dominant paper in the East Coast, which is the Washington Post. He himself has said, and still at Washington boasts, we're not objective, We're not fair. And this has got to stop causing some sort of revolt. And so if someone like a Tony Bender, who might live in Green Township, say, you know what, I work all day. I got dirt under my fingernails, I take a lunch pail to work. My wife's dealing with the kids, going to PTA meetings. She works. Also. We get a home at six o'clock, we want to PLoP in front of the TV set and have a blooney sandwich, hopefully a fried Boloney sandwich would toast and maybe some cream cheese, which I love. But I regress a little bit, and he says, why don't we check in with ABC, NBC or CBS and see, all right, what happened in the world when I was doing my jobs. And they sit down and they watch either David Muir, they watch Lester Holt, they watch CBS, and then they get a glimpse of what's happening in the country. And I saw a result, maybe it was on Gallop that if you mainly get your news from NBC, CBS and ABC the night news mainly, that's your source, and maybe read a big city newspaper. Of those people, sixty five percent are going to vote for Kamala Harris because they're the worldview is that's what's happening in the world, and they think it's objective. Is that the real harm caused by this left wing bias of CBS, NBC and AB because it has real life consequences that the hard work and schmucks out there that simply do their job, raise their kids, go to church and the volunteer and they coach the girls soccer team, they coach their boys of baseball, and they live their life and they sit down hoping you an impartial and they don't get that. Is that the problem?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would definitely say that, especially because we're dealing with an election that is so close or you know, by all intensive purposes, by all the polling that we've seen, it sure intends to be one of the closest elections, if not the closest in American history. It very well could be. And so that's why we think while fewer and fewer people watch the network evening newscasts than they used to when it used to be tens and tens and tens of millions of Americans that would tune in every night to watch Walker, cronkider Peter Jennings back in the day, the newscast still pull in more viewers than any.
Speaker 3: Show on cable.
Speaker 2: So while the web chatter may be about something stupid on CNN or lefties melting down about a Jesse Waters monologue, more people are still watching David Muore. Sometimes on big news nights, they can get close to ten million viewers on World News Tonight, which unfortunately is the most watched newscast of the three and.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you too.
Speaker 2: One other finding from our study is since the debate, three hundred ninety eight minutes have been spent on Donald Trump versus two hundred and thirty minutes on Kamala Harrison.
Speaker 3: The reason for that.
Speaker 2: Is they the media have decided, if we flood the zone with Donald Trump, we drive up Trump's negatives, and so we create a scenario where the American people, voters on the fence, or people who least may not be comfortable with Trump personally, will feel they have no choice but to vote for Kamala Harris, regardless of the fact that they spend very little time talking about her actual policies. And so that's kind of mean. He's thinking, if they flood the zone with Trump and they try to scare people with Trump, and they try to scare their base, this will result in a Kamala landslide. Hence what we saw with the January sixth speech last night with Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: It was for one group of people of fluent white.
Speaker 1: Liberals, and what happened. I like these numbers. A lot of people deal with the poetry. I deal with facts. So since the debate between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump. There was three hundred and ninety eight minutes of the nightly news about Trump. Of that number, at least eighty five percent was negative, and two hundred and thirty minutes on Kamala Harris, and that was seventy eight percent positive. And so you can't come away with the idea that, okay, Donald Trump is anything other than a fascist, a racist, a homophobic, misogynist, and a Nazi. And the Kamala Harris is simply from the middle class doing a great job trying to work out kitchen table issues. If you don't read, if you don't understand, if you don't go to a podcast, you know, you're not online, you don't listen to talk radio, those are your impressions. Now let's get on to Garbage Saturday night, Madison Square Garden. The event took place over eight hours, and in those and ours there was at least nineteen speakers, And there was a comedian whose name eludes me, who made a reference to Puerto Rico being garbage. There's a pile of garbage in the ocean that's called Puerto Rico. John Stewart, not exactly one of my favorite people. On Comedy Central, John Stewart said, that's fine with him. He supports his name Hitchcliffe or something like that. That's fine. It's comedy. Used to have Eddie Murphy and others. Chris Rock would do college tours and crap on every ethnic minority imaginable, including we Irish Americans, and you kind of sit back and laughing, snicker ever a Don Rickles thing. But that was one comment, one joke, five hours before Trump even appeared at Madison Square Garden. And for three or four days thereafter, every newscast led with Donald Trump trying to recover from the comments at one of his rallies. But last night, while the Ellipse speech is going on, there's the president. People may not be aware of this, but we have a president. His name is Joe Biden, who's doing a Spanish language broadcast. And let's face it, Joe Biden can't speak the English language, much less the Spanish language. Nonetheless, he called Trump supporters garbage, as as Kamala Harris was talking about unity, getting everybody back together, and here's the president one thousand feet away from the Ellipse in the White House calling Trump supporters garbage. I'm watching clean up on Aisle seven. I'm watching this morning of Mika, Zeka Brazinski and others ignoring it completely, and of course Fox News is playing it. Isn't it amazing that when a comedian in a joke refers to Puerto Ricans as garbage, it leads the national news for three or four days. However, when when the President of the United States in real time calls Americans garbage, no big deal. That's no big deal. Can you smell when I'm cocing Curtis out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, my friend Scott Jennings has correctly pointed out that, first of all, regardless of what Joe Biden said, why in the world was he on a zoom call with a major Democratic advocacy group while Kamala Harrison was giving a speech literally in his backyard?
Speaker 1: Literally what what what are you doing?
Speaker 2: What do you if you're not undermining her? I have some serious questions about your basic, your team's basic competency. So you make that clear first, and and then you move on to his comments.
Speaker 3: The fact that we're debating.
Speaker 2: The use of an apostrophe that Andrew baits crazy. Andrew Bates came up with in the White House spin room that KJP came up with, uh, means you're losing if you're having to say, well, he didn't mean, there's an apostrophe or he has a stutter. Oh my gosh, but you have a couple of strategies here. Number one, ABC's Good Morning America on Wednesday morning decided to spend more time engaging in what aboutism with this comedian who, by the way, again we're making it seem like the a random comedian who had a flop of a routine is somehow more powerful than the outgoing president of United States. Yes, he's an outgoing president, but he's still the president. They spent a minute and well over a minute, almost two minutes, one minute and fifty nine seconds engaging in what aboutism with this comedian, but only one minute in four seconds on Biden's actual comments. And of course they're using the word cees bill. Of course, we you know Republicans are using.
Speaker 3: On this thing. But insad he didn't mean it. I mean, come on, what a joke?
Speaker 1: Tell you why?
Speaker 2: That's the thing about the Post, the Washington Post, real quick, I should say that they lost seventy seven million dollars last year. Okay, because people don't listen to them. This is the same thing happening these news divisions of these corporate behemis Comcast, NBC, CBS is just being sold to a new company, and ABC with Disney. They are not moneymakers and that's for a reason.
Speaker 1: Well, I can only imagine if the shoe was on the other foot what the media coverage would be. Also, you have a posting of this afternoon NewsBusters dot org that talks about literally iconic moment on the ellipse Kamala Harris's elip speech compared to I Have a Dream and possibly Lincoln's second inaugural address, and I'm thinking that might be a little bit excessive. I watched some of it in between the World Series game. I love the fact that the Yankees are winning because of Pollo O'Neil. That's a different story. But nonetheless, the gushing on MSNBC about the oratorical skills of Kamala Harris, shall we say, might be a bit over the top. Maybe a smith right.
Speaker 2: My friend, my friend, my friend Larry O'Connor hosted WML here in the DC area, host for town Hall, has the line that last week he said Kamala Harris is literally acting like she's the president of the drama club, the high school drama club. Like she's the kind of person who seems like she's rehearsing these lines in the mirror, you know, like after she brushes her teeth. I mean, although she can't even answer what's on her nightstand? Someone asked her that last week and she like just cackled her way through it because got.
Speaker 3: You had no idea what that you know? What?
Speaker 2: That even me so and you could tell when she was asked before getting on Air Force two to go campaign about Biden's comments she was she again resorted back to a bunch of canned answers. She only knows three, four, maybe five different speeches, and she just pulls out one of them, depending on what you're dealing with.
Speaker 1: Lastly, between September third and October twenty fifth, you analyzed MRC Analyze one hundred and thirty six. This has got to be painful to watch this stuff. One hundred and thirty six episodes that Comedy Central, The Daily Show, Jimmy Kimbol Alive, The Late Show was Stephen Colbert, The Tonight Show, and Late Night with Seth Myers. As far as the objects of jokes and ridicule. What percentage of the late night comics deal in a negative way with Donald Trump? Just give me a round number. What percent of those shows dump on Donald Trump every every night? N eight? I'm surprised is that ninety eight?
Speaker 2: Well you say the number of jokes one thousand, four hundred and twenty eight jokes about Trump, only thirty five about Kamala Harris?
Speaker 1: Who watch? Do you sit there and watch one thousand and four and twenty eight to thirty five? Who watches? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean unlike I unfortunately have the burden of watching Kaarine Jean Pierre, no.
Speaker 3: The rest. No, you don't have to.
Speaker 2: We have a guy Alex Christy, that is his job to watch all of the comedy shows. Our other guy, Nick Fondacara, watches the view so you don't have to. So we all have birden duty that we carry for you.
Speaker 1: Well, one mind has done. How in the world can Trump be real likeed? How's it possible? If you in the main How's it possible? The occasional five percent of the American voter who's not yet made up his or her or one of the other one hundred and four gender's minds. Hiss heard them us and we how many of fat five percent? How could you possibly watch the evening news or late night and think Donald Trump is anything but the horn Lucifer, He truly is. How could you watch it?
Speaker 2: He can't live There's no other way. It's fairly divisive rhetoric. And of course they would say no, no, no, Donald Trump's the one who's insulting.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: That was the spin On Wednesday CBS Mornings. John Dickerson came on and said, you know this, this body and garnishing doesn't really matter. The Republicans should shut up about this because then you get into an insult comparing contest and Donald Trump would win that.
Speaker 3: So you don't really want to.
Speaker 2: Go there, because the real issue is January and Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: They're so mad. They are so mad at Joe Boden Bill.
Speaker 2: I cannot imagine what their company, Slack Channels, were like last night.
Speaker 3: Well, they are so frustrated.
Speaker 1: The documentary film producer Nancy Pelosi's daughter on video. There it is in the car at the Capitol of January sixth. There's Nancy Pelosi saying, I am responsible for this. I should have done more. Nancy Pelosi said that does the media ever deal with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I know a shot. I know a shot. I I know a shot show.
Speaker 1: I know, Nancy Pelosi, I am responsible for this. I should have done more, all right, Curtis, Hawk's all of their NewsBusters dot org good stuff. Someone has to watch one thousand, four hundred and twenty eight jokes about Donald Trump in a negative fashion, thirty five positively. It's a ratio of sixteen to one against Donald Trump. Curtis, how thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. God bless you keep doing your work because the true will set us all free. Curtis, thank you very much. Yeah, for sure, thank you. Let's continue with more. How about that? Oh my god? That those are the facts. That's why many people think the way they think about Donald Trump and we evil Republicans who are according to the President Joe Biden garbage. Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW