Speaker 1: Welcome to the cultop cryptis Strange of counters of frogs and lizards, dumb my nick children, DoD Man, Bigfoot, Mockman and all their victims.
Speaker 2: Murray pictures captured by shot.
Speaker 1: Witness, ufoes breaking laws of physics, Pictures.
Speaker 3: Of aliens carving the high rogue lyphics. This is a bizarre world.
Speaker 4: That we live in.
Speaker 1: So sit back, relaxed, laugh and listen because we're here to talk about some cryptics. This is Todd Thompson Cousinos, the Raptilian from Strange Group Podcasts, and we're here I called the Conspiracy to talk about some bizarre and strange things. So strap in for this wild and hilarious ride. Now to the show, everybody. The curtains are open, we're checking tickets out the door. It's about to get strange, everybody.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey Dahmer soaked in blood, You and Obomber blowing up Waco, Texas, and Heaven's gaze that Helius modify and then from apes Hitler faced his death and then escaped. Bigg and the moth Man, son of Sam talking to talks again. Witches, Gon sank Comlins, this mysterious noise and Hottings.
Speaker 2: Dark Guards and the Scull and Bones most eleven.
Speaker 6: He's a probably loan.
Speaker 5: So when you're feeling all alone, grabbing beer and get stone a Welcome you to the podcast Trains Grow.
Speaker 3: What are here to entertain you?
Speaker 6: It's about.
Speaker 3: Why is the chicken the best animal ever?
Speaker 6: Why? Because that is so stupid but fucking funny?
Speaker 4: Actually, all right, what's going on? Welcome to the podcast is Strange Brew. I am one of your hosts, Tom Kat aka Tom Thompson.
Speaker 3: And who do I got super hungover?
Speaker 6: Why are you so hungover?
Speaker 3: Last night?
Speaker 4: I was watching the UFC. I was too, but I obviously didn't drink as much as you did. I woke up and yeah, I took a shot of whiskey and now I have an irish up coffee with strange strange Brew fucking mug that I got kind of get into camera view. But strange brew mug.
Speaker 6: Get your day at WW does dug? I also have an honish episode.
Speaker 3: Is that like a big mug? I haven't seen yours yet, though.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a nice It just an average looking mug, average.
Speaker 3: Size, average sized mug.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm having some whiskey and ship and also, uh, you're gonna make fun of me.
Speaker 6: But I like camp butcha, and technically it's brewed, so it is a brew. I also have some cam I like.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever even tried it, to be honest, it's.
Speaker 6: Not for everybody. It's really good for like gut health and gut floral whatever they they call it. I just actually kind of enjoy drinking it, and of know.
Speaker 7: But I should, I should clean out whatever the fucks in my inside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, you should get one of those enemas where they shove the coffee up your ass and then spray coffee in your buttthole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's weird. I don't. I don't like it just.
Speaker 4: Like unlocks everything and it just flows out like the rivers of the Thames River in Britain's disgusting, all right. So on this episode, ringing it into the flat Woods Monster, the flat Woods Monster is a wee your ash fucking creature. We if you're a true fan and you remember some of the strange monsters we covered on a forgotten episode, we did kind of mention this, but I want to dive deeper in it because to me, it's probably one of the most fucked up cryptids, because that's technically what's labeled as.
Speaker 6: But it's a weird alien. We will get into maybe whatever.
Speaker 3: This thing is a flat wood.
Speaker 6: It's where it's from. It's where it's from.
Speaker 7: Oh, I thought he had like I thought someone ran over his boner or something.
Speaker 6: He's like flat side of the road, like Jim Carrey in the Mask.
Speaker 3: Look road Kill. You remember when they used to give that movie out in cereal boxes.
Speaker 5: Fuck?
Speaker 4: Yeah they yeah, and they are. They had like Batman forever in a cereal box.
Speaker 6: Wonder. Yeah, used to get free DVDs and fucking cereal.
Speaker 3: And then they just stopped. They only put out the Mask for.
Speaker 6: Like two five. I know. That was kind of cool though.
Speaker 4: They used to get cool things in your cereal and nowadays all you get.
Speaker 3: Is diabetes a bunch of so.
Speaker 4: The flat Woods Monster also known as the Braxton County Monster or the Phantom of flat Woods or this is kind of cute. Sometimes they just call him Braxi little Braxie boy.
Speaker 3: Oh he's got a nickname. Did he play what did he play with the kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll get into it. We'll get into it. He did give some kids quite a scare. He's an alleged unidentified extraterrestrial or cryptid reported to be cited in the town of flat Woods in Braxton County, West Virginia on September and twelfth, nineteen fifty two, is when they initially it happened. But this has grown to a bigger story and obviously, like most weird cryptids, this town uses it to their advantage, you know, like we talked about, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like you make a tourist money and shit, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, witness has.
Speaker 4: Witnesses have described the monster as being towering and around seven feet tall, with black body and a dark glowing face surrounded by a pointed hood, Like shit, so a lot of yeah.
Speaker 3: A black body. Do you mean like he's black?
Speaker 4: No, No, he's like there's different Yeah, there's different sightings of of what he looks like, and we'll get into it. But the first sign it seems like he his head was shaped like that of a spade from a card, like a deck of cards.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is that fucking weird?
Speaker 3: Weird little but someone with yeah.
Speaker 4: Because supposed to be he wore like a metal black dress and ships.
Speaker 3: Is that like armor? And then he just like walking around spearheading people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 4: Also supposed to be levitates, but many people describe eyes shining like in animals in the darkness, which many people have taken uh to that the creature kind of has like an owl like head. There is different sightings of this. We'll get into it, but it's just he's a weird looking creature.
Speaker 6: He levitates. The monster's body allegedly.
Speaker 4: Had a series of folds that ripple across his torso down towards its feet. Some people have said the creature has long, spindily claw like fingers that lash out like uh that lash out at people from its branch like.
Speaker 7: Arms claws and they like exact like a spring and.
Speaker 3: They just go and then come back to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is. He's like one of the creepiest looking ones. He's like Levity.
Speaker 4: He's got these long spindily arms and ship and then the weird shaped head shiny ass eyes. Because and so it's likely that the creature's color isn't actually black, but a dark green or brown that gives a colorless look once removed from a light source. Some witnesses uh to the monster have added a robotic like dress or or like kind of a weird Yes, it's a weird metal dress on its bottom half. It's kind of like, yeah, it's kind of giving it like a sock the hedgehig villain vibe, like doctor robotniks around and his little fucking chair.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's where she's based.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he's just like the weirdest looking thing. And we'll get into it later.
Speaker 4: But some people describe him as looking like a reptilian esque. But this is a creepy, fucking dude. He's not from this world and he just wants to fit in and he likes wearing dresses, so he would fit in with Generation Z problem.
Speaker 3: So everyone we quick just because you said that, Yeah, what the fuck is this super straight thing that keeps coming up on?
Speaker 4: Oh, well that guy in there's a guy on TikTok that made up his own his own gender or nudge. I think they do classify as gender, but it's only his own sexual orientation. And now people have caught in the bandwagon of being like, well, I don't want to have sexual relationships with a trans woman because I want a biological woman.
Speaker 6: So they kind of made their own.
Speaker 3: I'm super straight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's just like they're getting all this hate for saying, hey, I don't want to have sex with someone who was born a man and transitioned into a woman. They want a biological woman. And the people are getting all butt hurt, so they create their own their own thing.
Speaker 7: That's like, oh man, that's gonna just stir the pot. This is gonna I just I just saw one guy today. It was like, yep, he's like, and I want our own month that's super straight in September.
Speaker 3: And it's like I want to parade as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah I saw that too. Yeah, we were talking.
Speaker 3: Oh but that's that is just crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So everyone who has the poor luck of running into the Flatwood Monster had experienced the same physical symptoms to varying degrees.
Speaker 6: Some of them deal with you.
Speaker 4: Know, like throw and Noah's irritation, while other people who were in the vicinity began to vomit and they also have like they're convulsing too.
Speaker 6: So this thing gives you like bad errors wah wah.
Speaker 4: And then you start like throwing up and convulsing and freaking out.
Speaker 3: What is that? Like Like an e MP takes away electronics? What's that? What is that?
Speaker 7: There's a there's a tool that I've seen in like movie, countless movies, and like I think it's real.
Speaker 3: Like it's like the.
Speaker 4: Sonic wave and then that makes you like throw up. Oh the brown note where it makes you shit yourself. There's like a note you can play and then supposed to.
Speaker 3: Be but yeah, that's not what I was thinking of. But whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so so like the people feel different type of feelings, but essentially it's like, you know, they're uncomfortable and they throw up and they vomit and they convulse. But weeks after the event, one of the boys in the group that this is the first kind of sighting. Gene Lemon was still unable to swallow liquids because of the irritation. A doctor who examined the group said that their ailments were similar to those suffered by soldiers who encountered Mustard Gash.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this weird ass fucking alien. He's a weird guy. He's from the fleetwoods Man. He's got a long, spinnily claws. He makes you feel like you have to vomit.
Speaker 3: He's in the he's in the woods.
Speaker 7: Maybe his diet was just really bad and he's dropping stink bombs like NonStop. It's like if you put me out in the woods for two months, It's like, that's gotta be mustard gas. I'm like, no, somebody just give me some fucking bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If if Billy got dropped out in the woods for like over a couple months, he would become a new cryptid. It's the lanky man of the Cambridge fucking city and he fucking reeks.
Speaker 6: He smells. All he does is you.
Speaker 4: You you find like old cheese and a dumpster, and you just keep eating cheese. And then it's like a cartoon where all you see is like greens, like smoke coming out of the woods, and it's just all from your.
Speaker 6: Gas, from your.
Speaker 7: Not rotten cheese, not alone. I don't even want to know what that would do.
Speaker 4: It's find old pizza and shit. And then then he used old pizza farts.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: So a doctor also knows that the effects are the same as people who suffer from hysteria, but that claim somehow sounds more ridiculous than the group of people actually seeing a horror a horrific owl creature in the woods, because he's like, well, maybe they're just suffering from hysteria. You know, many alien abductees have a similar symptoms to the people who saw the flatwood monsters, which points towards the creature either being from another planet or maybe interdimensional. So we'll get to the story in the background of where the how he appears in in folklore and everything.
Speaker 7: Okay, I want to know who did anybody talk to him? Like, how would you know anything of where he came from?
Speaker 6: Well, it's just a guess, that's it.
Speaker 3: It's a guess, straight guess. It's like this guy, it's it's got to be from that one time.
Speaker 6: So much of that tambucha snap snap snap.
Speaker 3: I wonder what that's wonder what that tastes like.
Speaker 6: It tastes like old vegetables. I don't know how to describe it. It's a weird.
Speaker 4: It's it's uh, some of them smell like fucking vinegar and ship and it's just, yeah, I don't think you would like.
Speaker 6: It, to be honest, weird. It's fermented fucking vegetables, and all right, it will fruits.
Speaker 3: I drink fermented by yeah beer, that's true.
Speaker 4: And for all listeners, Yes, And it is twelve am on a fucking Sunday and Billy's got beer and I had.
Speaker 6: A shot of whiskey, and you know we never.
Speaker 3: Dog you got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, because one day the doctor is going to be like, your livers fucked. You can't drink anymore, and then I'll have to just drink kamboocha all day because that's technically a brew.
Speaker 6: So I gotta keep it strange with the brew.
Speaker 3: But my liver will never die.
Speaker 7: It's like it's like we're now, we know what I'm doing, do it, and it will it will survive with me.
Speaker 6: Oh you'll be left. Is just a liver.
Speaker 3: So strong.
Speaker 4: So stories of the Flatwood Monster, they know that a fireball or mete you're like object happened right before it started to appear. And the first report in the first reported appearance of the Flatwood Monsters, the boys who saw the creature and noted that a foul odor and heavy mist seemed to emanate from the monster.
Speaker 6: So he is stinky.
Speaker 4: So it says these boys are like playing out in the fucking woods, and you know, they're like sword fighting with sticks and having fun together and you know, and then they see a meteor like thing crash and I think they kind of go towards it, and then this motherfucker starts levitating towards them and then they get sick and all this shit. So the two boys were allegedly sprayed in the face by the smoke that seemed to come from within the folds of the monster's body.
Speaker 6: It's like they get all like, say, they're like spraying the face, like what the fuck? And then he goes.
Speaker 4: And he's talking to them, but he's like, oh, he says, going on, and then all he said is, oh, I farted.
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 3: What if? What if?
Speaker 6: What if?
Speaker 7: What if he was so fat that he had a bunch of skunks in between the folds of fat, so it just looked and when he squeezed them, they're there's the spray or.
Speaker 6: That his is maybe his mechanism.
Speaker 4: It could be a female, but maybe that's his like defense mechanism where he does have things like a skunk and if you gets too close to them, he like sprays you with a foul.
Speaker 6: Odor or because who knows what this thing could be.
Speaker 4: It could be like, you know, fucking it could be like mustard gas type of ship because it said that it kind of was similar to that of soldiers being exposed to it, so it's like some chemical gas.
Speaker 3: These guys like this is just one of the first homeless guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just wearing a hood and a cloak and ship and he's like, it keeps me warm at night.
Speaker 6: How do you not sleep under a And you see these long branch like arms. This is how I get the fruit down from the but the tree I get.
Speaker 7: Like they are they are branches. The just a bunch of branches to his arms. He's got the long stick hands. Yeah, so that's that's.
Speaker 6: Super weird to me that they like that.
Speaker 4: It releases some or like stinky, stinky gas. But as the night went on and the mist grew into a heavy fun that settled across the countryside. After two boys were sprayed with the mist and made it home, they noticed that their faces were covered with an oily residue.
Speaker 6: Creepy. They just slapped each other with pizza pizza face.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Mean, their throat swelled up so much that they couldn't even drink liquids for two weeks, which.
Speaker 3: Is fucking weird.
Speaker 6: Even like even if maybe like this is a stereo or something happened, What the fuck happened to their faces? You know what I mean? It was muster, your guess, it's Hitler's step brother just signing in the woods. In the fifties, it was Hitler.
Speaker 4: He was actually just hiding in the woods and he cantrayed this weird contraption so people didn't recognize him.
Speaker 6: And now he's a flatwood Monster.
Speaker 3: It could be. It's just as just as reasonable as anything else we saw.
Speaker 4: So the Flatwood Monster first entered into the public consciousness in nineteen fifty two after a group of children aged ten to seventeen. That's a big age gap. Why is a seventeen year old hanging out with a ten year old is beyond me. But that includes all their brothers too. Edward and Fred May chased a ball of fire that fell from the sky into the hills of Braxton County.
Speaker 6: They alleged followed the ball of fire.
Speaker 4: Or UFO into the hills and ran into the creature before high tailing it out of there, so they can kind of explain that.
Speaker 6: But that's how this all started.
Speaker 4: When a local sheriff began to investigate the sightings, he learned that there had been rumors and sightings of the creature prior to the sightings by the May children.
Speaker 6: So he's like, there's something fishy is going on here. Now I gotta get to the bottom of it because I got nothing else to do.
Speaker 4: So then they get the fuck out of there, and the investigator he starts to investigate. He's like, what the fuck's going on in my city? I'm sick of my little town. I'm sick of it's deal with the homeless guys. I want something more exciting, So I'm gonna start doving into the Flatwood Monster.
Speaker 6: See where this fucker's at. So it could be that, yeah, it could be at.
Speaker 4: The Flatwood Monster was actually an extraterrestrial that landed in an area to do some research.
Speaker 6: He's like, I'm gonna lose some research in the forest.
Speaker 4: He got my old friend Bigfoot that I think he's walking around here or somewhere somewhere.
Speaker 3: He's elusive.
Speaker 4: Baby, he was looking for Bigfoot. Maybe this guy lost out one of his pets. And then he's like shows up and he's like, where is that fucker? And he's just like randomly watering down to Arkansas. He's like, I smell cousin fucking down there. It sounds lot of fun. And then he loses him in Arkansas, and then it becomes.
Speaker 3: Why are you guys smoking in the cars with your babies literally.
Speaker 4: So, or it could be an introdudential cryptid similar to that of sasquatch. Either way, there's something in Braxton County, West Virginia that draws the creature to its dark woods.
Speaker 6: Something's going on.
Speaker 4: It's like, as I said, maybe he lost his pet, or there's something in the forest that he needed for whatever fucking reason.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't think he needed anything in there. I think he was just he was like too many people fucking.
Speaker 6: They flown away because he just levitated.
Speaker 7: He's like super Also in his interview, he's like, I'm really claustrophobic and I have a lot of social anxiety.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So after a few hours after the May Brothers and their friends ran to the Creature of the Woods, another group also had an encounter with the flat Woods Monster. Allegedly, a couple and their infant were driving down the highway and smoking in their cars like they're from Arkansas, when, yeah, because they have an infant in the car. When their car mysteriously broke down, they didn't know why something has happened broke fucking down. The husband got out of the car and immediately knew something was off. Hmmm, something is not right here.
Speaker 7: Well, your car broke down, so probably something's not right when you call it, i'd assume.
Speaker 4: He later claimed to feel a low level jolt of electricity moved through his body, and that's when he smelled the obnoxious, innoxious smell that surrounded the monsters.
Speaker 6: Like baby, baby, baby, did you pup yourself?
Speaker 3: Baby baby?
Speaker 6: Did you pull you a diapo? He smells it, like shoves his nose right into the diaper, like, no, he's good. The husband and wife claimed that they saw a large reptilian creature floating across the highway and paid them no attention. They like, look over like.
Speaker 3: He's just like I'm just on my way over here.
Speaker 6: He's kind a briefcase, like I'm just going to work. Bitches. Man, it's like floating across the highway. It's just weird. It's just like imagine seeing that. And they're like flabbergasted. This thing. Doesn't even fucking pay two cents to what the hell they're doing.
Speaker 3: They're just like it just like maybe I got some melt in sight. Yeah, rich folk, Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, he was like I think sasquatch went this way, and he's just I think I smell him, and they're like, we smell you. It's telling that the monster didn't seem malicious in this instance. It's almost like the monster acts like a wild animal and only attacks when it feels threatened. So he didn't, you know, maybe his energy somehow fucked with the cars in some way and then he didn't even realize he did it. And then they get out like like, don't know what the fuck's happening, and then he's just like, man, sorry, and then this.
Speaker 6: Keeps floating away.
Speaker 3: Minutes. It could be so.
Speaker 4: Throughout various descriptions of the Flatwoods Monster, there are vague mentions of the metallic suit worn by the creature. Actually, a metallic suit is kind of too descripted. Some witnesses don't mention metal of any sort. Some say the creature was a reptilian headed sticking out of a metal saucer like object. So it's like it's like a weird little ufoa. Now I'm obviously a large one. And then it's like it is floating around, but it's like head sticks out of it and it's like a reptilian head. And then got the body of like a fucking flying disc, which is fucking creepier even than the original fucking guy with the little spin in the arms, Like, what the fuck is that thing?
Speaker 6: That's fun?
Speaker 7: I couldn't imagine seeing anything like even like that, I know, but this is back when when they haven't discovered a lot like this could be like, okay, so one, you're probably high. Two this could have just been a fucking like bear and he was not floating, he was walking, or like, you're pretty sure that was like ten feet in the air.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure that. I don't know if it was the fifties sixties, but you know, and the government has put acid into the water and shit, so like maybe they just like there's a little town in Virginia and want to kind of fuck with them. And then you got like NASA employees dressing up like a weird creature and they give everyone acid. They they make them think that they fucking see this creature. Who fucking knows, But well, what was that?
Speaker 7: Hell they did worse than that that, Like that old war broadcaster announcer that made everybody think the world was in saw.
Speaker 4: I wasn't George and that wasn't George, orwell wasn't out because he wrote that book something.
Speaker 6: His name was George or something like that. I can't remember what the fuck his name is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he scared everyone thinking that there's fucking UFOs and aliens coming down. Everyone freaked out. Yeah, that's a crazy that he did that. It's like, what a great prank.
Speaker 3: Man, hilarious freaking out.
Speaker 6: Oh shit, the.
Speaker 4: Aliens are coming and they're like packing their bags, like let's go to Canada.
Speaker 3: They had sound effects and everything, and yeah, we everyone.
Speaker 4: Thought it was fucking real, like an alienasion was happening. That's fucking crazy. What a crazy story. So yeah, I like so, and few researchers believe that it's an extraterrestrial biological entity wearing a hazardous material protection device. So and maybe because he's not from here, so he's got to wear a protective suit, so he doesn't maybe because who knows what these like we could just because we breathe oxygen and carbon dioxide or whatever, you know, it doesn't mean they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So they could need like how we need to.
Speaker 4: Wear like an astronaut suit on on the moon if we even went there. But you know that, like you know, we need we need a protective suit when we go outside of our atmosphere.
Speaker 6: Maybe they have the same kind of thing going.
Speaker 3: On, you know, maybe maybe it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe one witness to the original sighting claiming the monster wasn't actually an organic being but hovering.
Speaker 6: He was like hovering mechanical shell.
Speaker 4: So there's all these different ones if the monster was because it could be a robot. It's like doctor a fucking robot maic, you know what I mean, he doesn't have the fucking stupid mustache.
Speaker 3: Or it could just be a bunch of people tripping on the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they the boys are.
Speaker 4: Out in the woods and they're like, these mushrooms look delicious, and I haven't had my lunch.
Speaker 6: They start chewing on mushrooms.
Speaker 3: Wonder why my fucking throats closing up there poison?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that could be true.
Speaker 4: Honestly, what a weird because I don't I've never heard somebody mention that because that could be you don't know, Uh, the monster was a robot or android. It may have been doing some reconnaissance work from whoever created it. That's why I was thinking, like he's either looking for Big Foy, He's just like.
Speaker 6: Where did my master go?
Speaker 3: I don't know, a crazy science well, who know?
Speaker 2: You know, like.
Speaker 4: Everything is possible. You know, you have like doctor Jacko on hide. Maybe you create a potion that turns him into this big hairy creature and then.
Speaker 6: This robot's like, where's my master?
Speaker 3: The need to find him.
Speaker 7: I feel like he'd want to like undo that he wouldn't want to be a big hairy creature.
Speaker 6: No, that's yeah, you wouldn't. You wouldn't want that. Who would want that?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 7: His deck's probably huge, though, but Harry animals don't mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess disgusting.
Speaker 4: So if this case, whoever created the robot obviously wasn't worried about that. It's stealthiness like because it just kind of foats around and is just kind of there.
Speaker 3: I don't care what you think.
Speaker 4: People with an interest in the Flatwoods Monster can argue themselves asleep about what the monster actually is.
Speaker 6: Is it an alien? Is it a cryptid, an intermentional traveler? All three?
Speaker 4: No one is ever come up with a definitive answer, or they on acid. But one thing that's undeniable is the government absolutely was aware about what happened in West Virginia in nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they are aware, but they were just like everyone's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, and then I'm pretty sure I don't know if like I think they had like yeah, I think we get into it, but I think they did have like like Men in Black people show up, which eventually I do want to dive into the Men in Black on Stranger Podcast because it's fucking crazy. Like most times you think of like, you know, Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones being cool guys hunting for aliens, but the most times they're almost like a robotic and alien like themselves.
Speaker 6: The Men in Black.
Speaker 4: They sometimes they have no like lips or eyebrows, and they show up at your door and he's got like fake lipstick on, and he's like, have.
Speaker 6: You've seen this alien before? Oh, do you have a glass of water?
Speaker 4: And you give him a glass of water and he charged to like pour it in his ear hole because he doesn't know where to fuck it.
Speaker 6: It's like fun.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they A lot of.
Speaker 4: Theories think that the Men in Black are some sort of alien or a robotic like creature too, and they show up and they're just like a little cyborgs, either from different dimensions or a planet, or like being.
Speaker 6: Like, we we lost one of our buddies and we're looking for him. He's gonna be here somewhere.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 6: We'll getting the men in black stuff. Seven billion, Yeah, something like that. Hopefully COVID killed off of at least a billions.
Speaker 3: Joking it did a million.
Speaker 4: The entire town did see something fly across the sky on the night of the sighting of the monster, and there were three different theories about what it was. Most people believe it was a meteor rite, but there was other few folks that think it was actually a UFO.
Speaker 6: But maybe not a UFO but maybe a.
Speaker 4: Military craft that landed on the hillside. So maybe some experiment they were doing an Area fifty one or wherever. You know, there might could be another fucking base somewhere. There's you know, we talked about the dolf Se base. There's also the Denver Airport base. Could be it could be anything, right, so they said, fucking thing shows up and they think it's military.
Speaker 6: But before his.
Speaker 8: Death, Major Keyhole keyh his name is Major key Ho, I know.
Speaker 6: A former Marine corpse neighbor aviator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's a marine, claim that the Air Force sent two military investigators to the flat Woods under the Sky's journalists to research the UFO.
Speaker 6: See, yes, they they hide them in plain sight.
Speaker 4: And she's like, you know, we're just we're just journalists, piece of paper, and I got a notepad.
Speaker 6: I'm a I'm a journalist. See my notepad.
Speaker 3: See it, it's I'm a journal it's.
Speaker 4: They determined that the UFO was actually a meteorite that only gave the impression of like a landing.
Speaker 6: But that's their theory.
Speaker 4: And as cool, like, you know, as cool as it would be to have an alien or robot, a cryptid thing invading West Virginia, the truth of the matter is that the Flatwood Monster may have just been a figment of an imagination of a bunch of freaked out kids.
Speaker 6: They're just freaking out.
Speaker 4: They know it's high, yeah, they or they know they're smoking weed, and they, you know, they see a weird thing with like a garbage pail on it. It's like a skunk running around with a garbage pail on its head, and they're I don't like that. I don't know, smeuse, they don't know what the fuck's going.
Speaker 9: On, like, I wanted to play with the Jenny, your story is fucking stupid. It's a boot ball, a blue ball.
Speaker 6: She was giving him blue balls.
Speaker 3: Eh, I was just saying, dumb kids. Start the wet.
Speaker 6: Blankets over at the CSI Corp.
Speaker 4: Deducted that the kids saw an alien because that's what they wanted, or they assumed they would see if they saw a meteorite or a crash from the heavens.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: The May Brothers followed the UFO into the woods, smelled something horrible and saw a bunch of smoke, so it tracks that they would see an alien.
Speaker 6: They're like, you know, everything fits, the story fits. We're supposed to see an alien. Penis fits.
Speaker 4: However, it's most likely that they disturbed a barn owl that shrieked at them and flew.
Speaker 6: Off into the ninth.
Speaker 3: A fucking barn owl.
Speaker 6: I know how the it's supposed to be, like, well, I think it's like it was seven.
Speaker 3: Feet some ridiculous insane metal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's about.
Speaker 4: Seven feet tall with a black body and a weird and and they's made of metal, So what the fuck?
Speaker 6: They didn't see no owl?
Speaker 4: Like, there's no way unless these kids are like dumb dums and you know, don't know what the difference between an owl and an alien is, but it is weird.
Speaker 6: It will get It.
Speaker 4: Is weird because you know when they saw a barn owl, But it is weird that you know a lot of stuff. Well let's get into it. But like, the owls show up in a lot of different UFO stories too. But from there, the Children's story spread and served as a basis for the myth of the Flatwood Monsters.
Speaker 3: Boy way that.
Speaker 4: Many alien abductees and witnesses of UFO phenomenon like the Flatwood Monsters have similar details in many of their stories, either the way they see an owl shortly before or after an alien interaction. So it's even in like I think it's in the Mothman prophecies, and there's another alien movie, maybe Closing Counters of the Fourth Kind, where an owl shows up. I definitely think it's from the Mothman prophecies, because an owl this I think it's this movie, sits at.
Speaker 6: The window and this lady doesn't what's going on.
Speaker 4: I think it's also in the Close Counters of the Fourth Kind, but this owl thing that sits there and watches them.
Speaker 6: Man it's like it's an omen to do with aliens.
Speaker 4: It seems like it does show up in a lot of alien abductee encounter of them seeing an owl.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe they transform.
Speaker 6: Yeah, transformers, robots.
Speaker 3: In disguise owls, we're aliens. Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Or they meet a creature that stranger looks like an owl. That's a lot of abductee cases too. But there's experiences known to the paranormal community as a screen memory, as a false image planted into the imagination of someone interacting with an extra trestion or keep them calm, which is weird, Like to keep you calm, We're just gonna put an image of an owl, not like a puppy dog or a kiddie. It's just like, what do we know about We know about owls, and owls are at night and everyone doesn't like owls because they're scary looking.
Speaker 3: Because well, I'm sleeping, I don't like it.
Speaker 6: There's an owl in here. Who's an owl?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 6: But that's stupid. But yeah, that's just weird. And there's a lot of in cases where they do do that.
Speaker 4: They do do that do they put the fucking image into your brain and make you think you're seeing something that you're actually not. That's why if females have dreams about celebrities that suppose a reptilian is casting that image in their.
Speaker 6: Head and then they're raping them. They're raping them. Rape rape, rape.
Speaker 3: Could be true, Probably isn't.
Speaker 4: Up until two thousand and six, the flat Wood Monsters held a three day festival celebrating the creature, and he even makes his appearance in the Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask as the inspiration for the design of the alien that appears.
Speaker 6: Prior to the carnival time. Uh, steal cattle.
Speaker 3: Fuck, yeah, that was this monster. Oh shit, it is crazy.
Speaker 4: Because it's he's he's been in video games. He's inspired a lot of things, Like he's in what's that one game? I'm drawing a blank?
Speaker 6: Uh uh oh uh.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 6: What can't I think of this?
Speaker 3: Like you do that a lot.
Speaker 7: You go oh, and then like when you say it, I think you think if you say the word, it's just gonna come right after.
Speaker 6: But why can't I think of this? Oh, fla fallout, fallout four? I think it's four. You you have you have to fight a.
Speaker 4: Creature that is literally like the flat Woods monster and stuff and it's like a boss.
Speaker 3: And he's super hard to be rid of a BioShock. Yeah, but it's not in that, but it's in Submarine middle Man.
Speaker 6: I didn't like fun. I kept fucking die. Everyone just kills me and I villagers and they don't like me.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 6: The Flatwoods Monster.
Speaker 4: UH, simple yet creepy description has led to multiple game designers uh to put it into their work. The most on the nose video game reference comes from the forgotten ny S game uh armagone, where the creature plays a part as a final boss. So it has influence. I don't know what the funk that is. Either, it has influenced stuff in modern day culture and video games. They have some books and even in TV shows like I'm sure he makes his appearance somewhere and uh and in the X Files or something.
Speaker 6: So it's a weird story. It's a weird fucking creature. Nobody knows where is they. I think they still kind of celebrate to an extent.
Speaker 4: But it was just two It's two stories that kind of made its way to the forefront, and then people started to kind of it's the same way Bigfoot is, but Bigfoot's a big thing where you know, you don't have people hunting this fucker.
Speaker 6: You got people like my name is Jim, and I hunt Bigfoot.
Speaker 4: I swear I saw him in the forest a couple of months ago, and I just I want to find out where he's at.
Speaker 6: Man, he seems like a nass guy.
Speaker 7: He's different and I'm different, and we're both different.
Speaker 10: And I saw him one day and we chewed tobacco together and spiting each other's mouths, and then I kiss Bigfoot and all we had quite a time running away.
Speaker 4: Some of these guys that hunt Bigfoot has really got hard on for him, like they really need him in like nothing else, ye, like nothing else in their life. It's like my wife left me because I've been so obsessed with Bigfoot. All I do is drop big Foot pictures and and I you know, I go out hunting and I shoot my cousin by accident and then.
Speaker 3: Now accidentally on purpose. He took he ate my last drumstick that I saved from me.
Speaker 4: Well that was a fun one. And and you know, I just wanted to dive into I like getting into cryptids. There's sometimes more meat to the stories than others. But another flatwood Monster was a good way to cover He's a weird alien thing.
Speaker 6: What do you what do you think the Flatwoods Monster is a.
Speaker 3: Fat, homeless guy that has skunks in his roles.
Speaker 4: I think it might be an intimensual creature that showed up that kind of appeared in this reality, didn't know what the fuck was going on? Maybe or Orange people that are halluc nag tell us what you think on Strange through host heads their Facebook page. You know, go to w w D Stranger podcast dot com. Grab some merch, check out the Patreon page.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Well, we're gonna build up content. We're having fun with you. Love all those fans, love all the listeners.
Speaker 3: Guys. I know that Geeze said, I'm the one, mister root Tuck, the one that people know not fuck with.
Speaker 2: Dudes, mount see Sol strugg stunts on a too hump, grew up miss balls, finding cold hups, young wrong walker. So the art you will never bow Momon Mass with the Devil's liss ned talks. Well, you're out clones on bus trying to rebel against the freemas sons.
Speaker 1: I'm on a high.
Speaker 6: Level a push past Saint Peter D. Kinglic case down your shu.
Speaker 2: Fuck you're in the facts to the bettleles to your brain on the Lida for got me on the same patient your fan to be placed on the ground. You awake to a place beyond the clouds from the sound of the base.
Speaker 6: Bitch, you want to get down. You feel it in your bones, and you sit around still.
Speaker 2: Frozen his zone stone, all alone, not at home, roam around when the freeze.
Speaker 3: Don't did you?
Speaker 2: Exploson following episodes, Well maybe not.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Let I'm grown, I'm real with your owns.
Speaker 6: You're a clone.
Speaker 3: You're known to have shown no backbone.
Speaker 6: I can't leave wrap alone.
Speaker 3: You need me live, breathe.
Speaker 6: The upisode we leaves green trees give me something. Deaths though, because when I get passed down, my.
Speaker 3: Joe, you can't stop.
Speaker 2: This a poda list hides your head on, stretches lying in bed, eye his wife's.
Speaker 6: Bread on how I hot this shit? Die die die?
Speaker 2: I said, Now, fuck up, kid, You're not the hot shit now you think you are.
Speaker 3: You're a product that is bot. Bitch. You fucking got it.
Speaker 5: By that.
Speaker 2: Colding, by that.
Speaker 3: Colding, by that.
Speaker 2: Colding.
Speaker 6: Five o'clock in
Speaker 10: Colding bo