Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one O one one Double j R, Orlando's rock station.
Speaker 2: Let's check in with Lynch and Taco and see which rockers.
Speaker 1: Are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: One O one one Double.
Speaker 3: J r R.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: A few of you asking what the keyword was for rock the Bank this hour because you evidently missed it. That's okay, we got your back. It was check c H E c K check.
Speaker 2: W j r R dot com is where you go with that keyword. Check. A box pops up, you enter, check in it.
Speaker 4: All right, and then if your phone rings next hour, be sure to pick it up because that could be Price Headquarters alerting you to uh winning one thousand dollars in rocking the bank. Keep it on j r R all day. We're gonna do this twelve more times, so.
Speaker 3: Are you? Uh? I'm ready.
Speaker 4: You're gonna enjoy those tacos while uh while I bring the Rock News here.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna eat them while you do that, but big thanks to t one of Flats. It's not only Taco Day today. They're celebrating Taco Week over there. Okay, they brought us in some tacos.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Do you want of flats?
Speaker 4: Begin with some five Finger Death Punch news. Ivan Moody injured himself last Thursday at the Louder Than Life Festival crack some ribs, and as a result of that, the band had to bail on opening for Metallica in Mexico City on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I've had cracked ribs.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to anybody that's broken ribs before or cracked you know, how do you do it?
Speaker 3: Though fell on the stage.
Speaker 4: Metallica got Mexican metal band Agra to pinch hit for Five Finger Death Punch. As you know, the Deaftones are coming to Central Florida. Today's a Tuesday ticket takeover. You can win tickets on the JR Instagram. I would strongly suggest swinging by at one O one one wjr R if you'd like a chance to go to that for free.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: One other Louder Than Life Festival notes they had to cancel Friday's lineup because of the weather in Helene. That was one of the Slayer reunion shows, so fans were not happy. Oh I'm sure not happy about that, but you know, understandable. There's no doubt about it. Johnny van Zant from Leonard Skinnard has updated fans on this situation that caused the band to have to cancel several shows and Johnny to rush back home here to the Jacksonville area. His daughter was hospitalized and they have done some investigating. They found a non cancerous mass on his youngest daughter's brain.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Luckily it's non cancerous and uh, the prognosis is good. So he just wanted to pass out along the fans to kind of circle back to what had happened.
Speaker 2: He understood, family comes first Man.
Speaker 4: Cannibal Corpse guitarist Eric Rutan had to bail from their European tour to come back to his house in the Tampa Bay area, which suffered catastrophic damage from Helene. You're seeing this stuff well, or John Daly? I saw his house got whacked up in the Big Bend area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe. Yeah, we're actually over in the Tampa area.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Well, yeah, I mean that floodwater, all the floodwaters.
Speaker 4: Oases have announced some North American dates, first ones in sixteen years, with a social media post that said America Oasis is coming. You have one last chance to prove that you loved us all along that of course, these shows provided they serve their reunion concerts in the UK and Ireland next summer without splitting up again. The five shows scheduled in North America, starting with Toronto on August twenty fourth. Then you got August twenty eighth in Chicago, August thirty first in East ruther of For New Jersey, September sixth in la and September twelfth in Mexico City. Surprise, that's all they're doing. I know now, if they had one here, would you go?
Speaker 1: I like Oasis. I'm not afraid to admit that I like that band. I didn't say there's anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd go see them, not only because I enjoy their music, but I'm sure there's just constant tension that you can detect between the Gallagher brothers. Then I'm sure makes for a great dynamic.
Speaker 2: Then she likes that stuff. Look, Bob, he's gonna nail it.
Speaker 3: You never know you might be there to witness history again. Right.
Speaker 4: The Foo Fighters, in not a surprising move, have decided to go on hiatus for a while. This follows, of course, the bombshell news of Dave Grole fathering a child outside of his marriage of twenty one years. They had to back out of the appearance at south Side Festival in Connecticut, and they have basically just shut down operations for a while. Somebody from inside the band's organization organization just says, look, they need time to be with their families and focus on regrouping. Been a rough few years of course, with the loss of Taylor Hawkins, then Dave Grohl's mother passed away, and now the birth of this child. The source said he wants to be at home and focus on earning back the trust of his family, and being on the road isn't the best thing for any of them at the moment, and it feels like a hiatus's best thing for them collectively.
Speaker 2: All Right, He's gonna be walking on eggshells the home man.
Speaker 4: There's more to the Jans Addiction Boston story that you know basically ended the group's tour. It sounds like the band may be done for good. It was revealed that there was more fighting backstage after Perry Ferrell punched Dave Navarro on stage in Boston. Dan Cleary has been a guitar and bass tech for the band for seventeen years and he said that Cleary that when the group were all backstage after the incident, Dave Navarro told Perry Ferrell, I'm never playing with you again, you piece of s and that cost Ferrel to punch Navarro in the face again.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I'm surprised Navarro didn't just stomp them. I saw Perry at Rockville and uh, he wasn't the biggest.
Speaker 3: And finally there's this.
Speaker 4: I know Taco Day is taking all the glory, but it is also National CD Player Day. Oh really, yes, I am still a partisan to the compact disc. I don't think you can top the sound quality if you don't mind the hard annual labor that goes along with all things that come with the CD. And we'll end with this and perhaps maybe go down memory road or provide some new information for those of you who might be too young to really remember dealing with CDs.
Speaker 5: Today is National CD Day for those of you who remember going to the music store buying a compact disc from your favorite artist and it was in long box packaging so stores could file them in the same bins as the albums, and then you had to use your fingernail to open the plastic wrap to get to the CD, and then peel off the sticky label tape to get to the disc, only to pry it from the plastic sprocket in the middle, load it into your compact displayer, only to find out that there were only one or two good songs on the entire disc. So enjoy your automatic downloads without cool booklets and artist photos, lyrics and production notes, and celebrate National CD Day.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 5: W j r R, Orlando's rock station