Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, October twenty second, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and sixty three, powered by MGXT. I'm your host, Jan Atchhoa, and I am still powered and still full of hot tugs.
Speaker 2: I can't get it out of my system. I think I've become part of hot dog.
Speaker 1: But that's okay because I'm tucked inside a cozy warm bun. Speaking about cozy warm buns, we've got the co captain of this ship, great googly Moguli.
Speaker 2: That thing is juicy Scrub.
Speaker 3: I have taught at least one of my children great googly moogly. That thing is juicy because she was she was just watching YouTube and a workout video came up and she's like that, look at that juicy button. I couldn't help myself. So that's now infecting my home, and I'm happy about it. Jan, I am glad that you are still mostly hot dogs. It's that is a good thing to be fantastic. Thank you, sir. I'm glad for this wellness check. Speaking about infecting homes, he's done infecting homes with game since and soon he's going to be infecting his own home with some of these hooligans on this podcast. Damn Riikert.
Speaker 2: That's right, November two, Extra Life, probably starting around afternoon noonish, little left lunch and we'll go later the night. We'll have a good time. But yeah, that'll be in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: And playing the role of Mike Manatti this week on the podcast. I'm sorry, it's it's it's it's because he's on assignment.
Speaker 2: No, he's not. He was up too late trying to beat my fucking score, sleeping in because he couldn't score. Be scared.
Speaker 1: We've got the fastest man because fastest in his name Turbo Shawn Sean McDowell.
Speaker 4: People only listen to plugs at the beginning of the show. So bit dot l y slash gb XL twenty four sign up for Extra Life. You want to stream donates, if you want to donate early.
Speaker 2: Hey, I come up.
Speaker 1: Came up with a dumb idea because it may be a little bit difficult to get the West Coasters together for Extra Life this year because of a lack of a studio and this is how b week started. So I'm just gonna say the idea out now, Okay, Yeah, I like this. Maybe in Minnesota, Yeah, I mean I could sure, Yeah, Okay, No, I'm not gonna fly it out to Minnesota, not because of anything but representing the West Coast this year. Part of whatever presence we will be doing is I will be streaming The Quiet Man for twelve hours in complete silence.
Speaker 2: What the hell you?
Speaker 1: And if I will have an audio way form thing and if I exceed decibels, I will restart the run.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm going to send Rory in there to fart, and that's.
Speaker 2: Going to have to restart the inspect I have for this man right now. Such a good He's not done.
Speaker 1: No, the bits are still going. Any donation above above sixty nine dollars will restart the run no matter where I'm at.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And you're committing to twelve hours. I'm committing to twelve hours of the Quiet Man, and you're restarting every time there's a donation above sixty nine.
Speaker 5: Yep, this is this is gonna Yeah, this is going to.
Speaker 2: Kids for the kids for the kids. Chance you're not going to beat it once, are you?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I have listener. He turned it to Mike Noddy and looked at the camera. Yeah, it was kind of like seeing someone get possessed. I was like, I know it's on nob Yeah, Jan, Yeah, so amazed.
Speaker 2: No, don't be I don't know why I do this. Do you want us to hand the baton to you or do you wanna because we'll go light into the night of Central Time, but we'll figure out the details and we'll announce it.
Speaker 4: But you might want to do that like the next day or something.
Speaker 1: I feel like I want to start in the darkness and then maybe see the light.
Speaker 4: Probably go until like two and in the morning or something more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it was like four am or something playing Mary last year.
Speaker 1: Maybe the whole time. Maybe I'll go like a couple hours after you all end, Like I'll pick.
Speaker 5: Up in the morning that morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and then I'll go for twelve fear. And this is all because Nikki just had to go somewhere so I didn't go to La Damn it, Nikki.
Speaker 2: It's all your fault, Nikki. This is a really incredible Jan He's come to Minnesotah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, Damn and Lucy are going to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: We're going to Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gents, how's everyone doing.
Speaker 2: How's everything going well? I feel like Grub and Sean, I feel like we might have similar experiences maybe over the last week between a late Mario party and a lot of Astrobot, specifically Grub. I feel like every time I've turned on my PlayStation five and check my friends list, Sean, you're on a lot, but Grub will be on for like perpetually all day, and I don't know if you're just leaving it on or if your kids playing, or if.
Speaker 3: Well, yesterday was the kid playing okay until until the evening and then I played. Well, I started like at like eleven pm last night, so I played in the morning yesterday, and then I played like for like an hour, and then I played late at night, and the kid was playing all day because she was home sick the day before that. I actually I think I went to bed. Yeah, I went to bed because so I played in the morning and then you everyone beat my time and I went to bed, and then I woke up and beat everyone's time right away, So that was like really nice.
Speaker 5: But I am playing a lot, let's be clear.
Speaker 3: I'm like there was a time over on over the weekend where the kid wasn't feeling good and I was laying in bed with her two floors up away from the PlayStation five, and I was streaming it to the steam deck and it was artifacting and had megapixels that like these big blockie pixels. It was indecipherable and there was a little bit of latency, and I was still just playing through there and doing pretty good times.
Speaker 5: Actually, So it's been a.
Speaker 2: Lot, it's been. I had a seven hour stretch all at once while I was watching Kyla's stream, and as she was signing off, I beat her time, which was my goal, and I was like, twenty nine point h five or something is what I got. And I called her and she immediately went in and just destroyed my time. But the current standings, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong here. It is grub up Top, then Kayla, then Sean, then me, then like Vitelli, several other people than Mitch.
Speaker 5: That sounds right to me.
Speaker 4: To to be clear, Jesse Vittelli spanks everyone, so he's he's he.
Speaker 3: Can okay, mentioned let's not just to go back above me because I beat him, Like, oh you beat him last night.
Speaker 5: I'm forty fourth in the world.
Speaker 2: Ye, that's not counting Jesse, then.
Speaker 4: He's too good.
Speaker 2: Fine with counting.
Speaker 5: I'm beating him. That's fine with me.
Speaker 2: I didn't I.
Speaker 4: Didn't play last night, so I didn't see what the learboard up did.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, in the twitch chat right now, all Caps is team Kayla saying Grub is my rival, me earlier saying that tomorrow is her day off, and basically you're fucked Grub.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 3: I do think there's a chance that we're going to maybe the very near twenty seven. I don't know if we're gonna be able to get to this, Okay, So it took a long time for us to get into the twenty eight seconds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that was a lot of work.
Speaker 3: And now it's at a point where, okay, I know what to do to get like pretty.
Speaker 5: Consistently in twenty eight seconds.
Speaker 3: Last night I was consistently twenty eight, twenty eight point eight, twenty eight point seven, and then it's like I fixed like one thing and that got me twenty eight point three ish.
Speaker 5: So that's where I'm at right now.
Speaker 2: What's everyone doing in terms of like controller remapping, I go back and forth. I never use our two anymore. I'm switching between square or the back paddle on the edge R one, R one O one. I've never tried our one. Okayeah, yeah, it switched on.
Speaker 4: It's really nice because then my hand will just rest sort of you know, with with thumb like the uh sort of like how a lot of people hold a Superintel controller where like the the JOINTI your thumb is on X and the Yeah, just my index finger naturally rest on R one. So I just can do like you know that repeatedly, just alternating between them as necessary.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, oh, I realize we're talking about games now. Oh it's all we're thinking right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this podcast is.
Speaker 2: There's a sickness around me and scares the weekend. It was the whole weekend pretty much.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think when I could keep coming for three.
Speaker 6: Weeks, five total.
Speaker 5: Five five total weeks. Yes, there's five levels. So yeah.
Speaker 3: When I started playing on the Steam deck, Sean mitched it's like, oh, yeah, you can just hit the button. It's just going to respond. And I started like, wait, this does feel way better even with the latency, So what's going on here? So I went back and then I didn't fix I'm like, I'm stubborn, like I have. I only just watched Zelius who is the speed runner his like explanation for the first time, like for real last night after my world record time, and I'm like, okay, most of the stuff, like hey, using the car wash pillars, you know, if you're on a like a good pace, like if you can go to the left of that. At the time, that was like, that was very frustrating. Is I watched Jesse Telly's run and he hugged the wall and he was like, oh man, that's so fast. And then I did so fast that I hugged the wall and I still hit the hit the pillar because I went even faster while I was like, well, well now, okay, that would have been the best run ever, and I screwed it up because I didn't go to the left. So now I'm committed to go into the left of that pillar, and uh like kind of figuring that stuff out and now like going back and like relearning like what I did to like on that like the fastest runs when I was kind of just like in.
Speaker 2: A fugue state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that like it breaks it down to the point where like now I'm playing worse for a little while, and I have to like rebuild myself up to like actually understand what I'm doing because I can't just go in the fuge state anymore because I have too much knowledge about the way it works.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. The fugue safe thing is real because like I like, for the last three hours of that seven hour chunk, I was like blowing it, getting nowhere near like my even my score. And then I was just like it was like three in the morning. I had had like eight or nine beers. I was just like tired, and I was like, uh, and all of a sudden, it's just like boom, I just destroyed my best time. And it's like because I wasn't even thinking, my brain was just shut down. And there's pure repetition, you know, all right now.
Speaker 4: First and foremost, Jan, do you keep hearing the yug state like I do. I'm just thinking about you Wheeler.
Speaker 1: No. I, oh, well, you know I always hear anytime you hear a hard you sound like a deep you.
Speaker 2: I just you what if.
Speaker 1: You guys like just bring three more, five more. Everyone just brings a p S five to Dan's house And I'm trying to.
Speaker 4: Use I'm trying to make this flight cheap. Jan, I ain't trying.
Speaker 2: To carry an extra ones you can model with me.
Speaker 4: I got extras. I know you have extra pal.
Speaker 5: That's I mean, that's right. This is going to be still be happening like that when we're there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I don't want to bring a bunch of TVs down we got like.
Speaker 5: Yeah or whatever if you.
Speaker 4: If you had extra monitors. Actually had an idea that I wanted to do that, so you know, we.
Speaker 2: Can always be into my account and we'll all just pass the controller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, suggest that somehow.
Speaker 5: I just have a neighbor kid come over and play for me. He's really good.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he's young, Elmo, your neighbor.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It really is like at a point where we're kind of having to do it perfect, like you have to play perfect, and there is that like every time I do sit down now, like we've talked about, like what you're saying down where a couple like an hour an hour and a half at least of well, these runs are all really bad.
Speaker 5: I know what I'm supposed to be doing.
Speaker 3: And at the very least, now I'll go through a section like the ramp where you're supposed to hit six boosts, and I'll be like, okay, I know that was too slow. I can tell what I'm doing wrong now, so I'll start the run over and we'll just get back in there and I can make a small adjustment.
Speaker 5: Let's see if that works.
Speaker 3: And then sometimes I just get like a bug in my gameplay, you know, the yips where I'm making the same mistake every single time, and no matter what I do, I think I'm correcting it and I'm not, and it's kind of maybe getting worse, and it's it's it's fun, but boy is it infuriating.
Speaker 4: Sometimes It's interesting that you said like bug in your gameplay, because yeah, this level is making me like astrobot.
Speaker 3: Less abot yeah like which was specifically pisses me.
Speaker 4: Off solid Well, no, no, okay, because there will be times where the game just eats my input because astros like, oh, I'm about to go off an edge.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 5: Just you run particular at an edge he stops and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: So't like Mario will carry his momentum off and you have a few frames there where you.
Speaker 5: Can still jump.
Speaker 2: It's like that Donkey Kong country, like you can roll off an edge and then jump yeh yeah.
Speaker 4: Big kyote time on that one. Named that to road, Yeah, I believe. But it really piss me off because, you know, on the one hand, it's good for the speed running because it allows you to ride the edge of the slides really well without falling off. That's nice. But the amount of runs I've had where my boost was I guess technically two perfect. You know, since this is old school console speed running, it's hard to tell what we're doing wrong because we can't like, you know, these tools to look at some of this stuff a little more so, I think what's happening is I'm timing a little too just on the edge, and so the edge guarding will kick in and it will eat my boost and while that's run over and that's that's happened way too many times. That's really annoying.
Speaker 2: I have an issue a lot when you go off the bounce pad before the car wash and before the my and you got to like do the tiniest little tap to do the boost into the and it'll like if I do it too fast, it reads it as one long boost and just sends me into the chasm there. Yes, I don't.
Speaker 4: And even when I mapped into R one, I'm like, well, I'm not holding the trigger, So why is the game doing this? Why was it along?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 3: It's just yeah, so that one I've wait, Mike Tyson is playing. It's coming into play here buffering youffing?
Speaker 4: He was thinking about that, so define that?
Speaker 3: So you so you okay, once the dog's butt starts to come back down, this we got we must sound at this is true. Once the dog's butt starts to come back down, you can then hold down boost and as soon as he's capable to do a boost again, it will activate immedium.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Okay, So this is very important.
Speaker 1: There's negative edge, there's edge guarding.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's.
Speaker 4: Fighting games for decades now, and it's in astrobout speed right too. I hate this ship.
Speaker 3: So this is crucial for the beginning. So that first jump off of so you do the jump off the slide and you boost into it. If you buffer the boost off of that first bounce pad, you'll perfectly do the jump onto the next platform.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that perfectly.
Speaker 5: I do it perfect every time.
Speaker 2: Now because of that, we just.
Speaker 4: Got good at that. I spent way too long getting good at it.
Speaker 3: This is what happened, right, and then I'm like, okay, now I got to learn how to like incorporate this buffer. It breaks your gameplay completely for like a half an hour while you learn these new techniques.
Speaker 2: It's it's you gotta look at the dog ass and yeah, you're right. As soon as it's going down, it's just you let go of the move and you start buffering the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this website has been saying dog bottom for the longest time, you know, so the truth remains My question for you boys. We got four more levels. Yeah, once those levels come out, are you gonna what is the strategy? Are you just going to try and tackle a new level or you're going to go back? Well in trying outdo every shock and all.
Speaker 3: Right, now, I'm trying to get as as terrible as the time as possible to scare people away from coming back to these levels so I don't have to go back.
Speaker 2: The big question though, is with the speed run levels. There were four of them, there's no eight of them. In the last Askers playroom, they did a cumulative thing where it's like your total time all eight of them added up, and I viewed that as like the ultimate, like that's the that's the Crown Jewel Championship belt, you know, the ultimate one.
Speaker 5: Oh I won that.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping that after the five are released, or even as more than one is released, there is a cumulative time and so even if like grub like on like oh your Mountain run time on Playroom might have destroyed me, I still have a shot of like, oh what if I get the ultimate score, though the cumulative one, They're not going to act like that's the most important one.
Speaker 4: That is what has been stressing me out about this, because this is not how I speed run games. This is how modern speed running cow worse, where people try to get level times, like you know, yeah, I was big into Neon White game that level time. I've all any speed running I've done has always been full game playthroughs, where i'd be a something as big as a Metroid game or something short as a Mario sixteen Star run in sixty four. Like, so, I've always had the mentality of, oh I kind of screwed this thing up. It's okay, I can make up for it by being really good later in the game, right, But here there's no room for error because.
Speaker 5: They're talking about this works for me perfection, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and it's like it is genuinely tough to like, you know, you can load it up and be like all right, I'm just gonna try, you know, fifteen minutes or ten minutes, gonna try a few runs here, and then you're just like, well, I can't end on that one. I can't end on that one. And then fast forward three four hours, it's like, well, you're right, I'm three am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirty seconds is the perfect amount of time and to make that happen where it's just like I could do another run thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, absolutely, Yeah, it's a longer thing. Like you know, when I was doing like quackshot stuff for Mike Tyson, it's like, okay, we're talking about like twenty thirty minutes, you know, so you know, oh, I'll try a run or two, and but like this one is like again and again again.
Speaker 3: And that's why I like I When I'm playing this, it's like, clearly it is speed running, but I'm like, I'm not a this is not oh I'm a speed runner. I'm racing my friends like I'm playing a mode in a video game. It is speed running, but I just like view it different than what they're doing on awesome games done quick, where they almost all are collectively.
Speaker 5: Doing entire game runs. And you know, I've done that too, and that's that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I mean, so that's the thing with like a whole game run. Imagine all of these little things and very specific jumps and inputs and everything that you're doing. Just times it by five hundred full game length.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I guess I've never really done a real time at text. I've just done Mike Tyson and this kind of stuff. So I might try that.
Speaker 2: Quackshot was the one I did, and that was very fun to do.
Speaker 4: One of these speed runner juices are playing flowing through your brain. Now, maybe it's finally time to do that thing that I've always wanted to.
Speaker 5: I want to. Yeah, we really should.
Speaker 2: I would have to do that, yees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe Mario sixty four is kind of what we're talking about. Not to tease everybody too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've talked at the act.
Speaker 1: Well, you boys seem to be obsessed with time, and I think it's time to have ourselves a little spoiler.
Speaker 2: Cast here for the Nintendo alarmo. Oh shit, yep, it's awesome this morning, kid, Yeah, what do you get this morning? I woke up to, uh fun, what was this morning? I had?
Speaker 5: Mario?
Speaker 2: I had like an oceanee Mario thing this morning.
Speaker 3: Uh it was it was a Zelda one, I think it was. It must have been a Zelda stable because it was like a bunch of sounds from that.
Speaker 2: Oh it wasn't the one where the Great Fairy was having an orgasm, because that was a weird one to wake up too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the kid asked me a lot of questions about that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a lot like the Great Fairy moaning softly for a while, and then you get out of bed and she's like, oh, I got maybe I need to get one.
Speaker 5: Ammy's playing Tears of the Kingdom, so she's like familiar with a lot of stuff because it's breadth for the wild. But she's like, I haven't all set to like random Zelda.
Speaker 2: Who is this lady? What is she doing? Look the Great Fairies?
Speaker 3: It's hard to explain, but yeah, last night was the first time it actually or this morning, first time that actually woke.
Speaker 5: Me up because I did fall asleep with Kike because she wasn't.
Speaker 3: Feeling well, and I did, and I was on the side with the alarmo and I actually moved around and it was like, shoot doing the thing where it makes noises, and I like, that's it's kind of cool, but I also like, HU, shut up, it's annoying.
Speaker 2: I kind of love how annoying it is. And also because you can set it to random, I think it kind of could you get used to your alarm clock? You it's just your phone alarm every day. It's like, I don't heardre's that thing. But if there's a moment of confusion as you're waking up, it kind of like wakes you up a little more. Was like, is that drowning Pickman? What the fuck is this? Two days in a row. When I first got it, it was drowning Pickman woke me up, and as I moved, they like drowned Harder. And then the next one was the fucking ring pit guy going, your muscles are happy, Yo, your muscles are happy? What the fuck is going on? And I got out of bed.
Speaker 3: Jane, did you add drowned hot Harder to the potential titles?
Speaker 5: Yep, yeah, immediate, yes, good man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the the one that was like I went in there to go wake with the kid up right as it was going off, and it was just Zelda.
Speaker 5: Goon open your eyes. Well yeah, very good. Yeah. So it's it is bizarre. I like it, and it's definitely for us.
Speaker 3: I think the question, like people always bring up this points like who is this thing for beyond you or those like us? It's for us, clearly, but I do think it is the thing that Nintendo sells during the holidays as as a gift, like this is the thing that they're trying to get, like be like, hey, so the gift, I'm get it for the Nintendo freaks in your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is Nintendo and game freak doing with all of this sleep data whatever?
Speaker 2: I linked my Nintendo account to my alarm clock, they can have it. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I do want to do.
Speaker 3: I did start looking into the technology of the millimeter wave radar that they have in this thing to'd like detect how you move and me, and I wanted to see because I'm like, I am pretty certain. I read a new story about the millimeter wave detector at the airport where it's like the headline was it can see your pen and I think we should do it.
Speaker 2: Could see through your clothes?
Speaker 3: And so I want to do a short for Kiktok called can the Alarmo see your penis?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna do the research and we'll get it put together and we'll put that out.
Speaker 2: So that sounds great, Let's do that.
Speaker 4: So the Alarmo is supposed to detect when things get up out of bed. I'm really really worried about where you're trying to plun video here, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'll all be tasteful.
Speaker 5: Come on, I'm the most tasteful guy you know about.
Speaker 2: Also, that fucking button that is the best button and nod but it's both the button knob is the best button and the best knob I've ever touched.
Speaker 5: Yep, she's doing they face again, audio.
Speaker 1: Listener, Well, speaking about things rising in bed, you know, we we get up, we get up, we get down, and I've been getting down with a bunch of steam. Next fast day, the same I highlighted two in particular. One of them, gentlemen, is going to quickly become a sickness for me. This game is called Bollionaire. Okay, fantastic title. Now at first upon first inspection. I totally thought this was like a Peggle like because you just see a gigantic board and a bunch of pegs, But this is more of a Plinko pachinko style game.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Each turn, after you drop the ball, you get a selection of triggers or piles where you place the specific pegs on the board, and the peg board is like a gigantic triangle and those peg those different pegs or triggers start very normally like Okay, once you bonk it, it'll just give you two hundred dollars, and similar to Billatro, each round you have to hit a certain money threshold to pass the level. Now, the game quickly runs away from you as soon as you get used to the mechanics, because it evolves quickly from just placing normal ass pegs on the board to now some of these pegs have super odd synergies with each other, like hey, I'm just gonna place a bunch of cheese pegs, some bread, some tomatoes, and then after and then you wind up carrying those and then you start selecting a different pegs like a frying pan, so that frying pan will now trigger those different separate ingredients to become a pizza. And now if you're carrying all those different ingredients and you get a pizza and then you hit a mouthpeg, now you deposit all of those items into the mouth. So you can have different strategies in mind. You can have like a full mouth run that you're aiming for or a whale run because there's water ball mechanics.
Speaker 5: There's different ball.
Speaker 1: Mechanics in this game, folks, I think this may. I know we're talking a big game about all of the year. Dan, I'm so scared about your.
Speaker 2: Neck, Mike. It's so hard. He snap's too hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it gets so wild very quickly. And it's it's so funny because in Bolotro, I feel like these steaks are very attainable right of it. It's scaled properly. Here, it's like, hey, we need you to get to five thousand dollars, and within the first turn, after your board is completely set up properly, you can blow past that no problem. And you have the option to remove certain pegs say they're not working well with like your certain synergy or starting to build. You're going from full mouth run to like, oh I just want nothing but coin balls and then it's just a whole different slew of synergies. And also there's there's movement peg as well. So say at the bottom of your board you have a witch broom, and that witch broom will fly direct carry your ball directly into a mouth. It's it's wild stuff. Also there's there's different like relic style items after you complete a level that will just affect different passives in the game. So say, for instance, now all of the gravity on water balls is inverted, so instead of falling down, it falls up. It's a wild time.
Speaker 2: Everything you're saying makes me very much want to play this game. And looking at images, the art style looks really cool. There's anything about when it's coming out, Because I'm big on I like to wait until games are done, Like, but I want to play this. They have I haven't seen any heat on the street yet.
Speaker 1: I've just seen that this demo is like quickly picking up a lot of steaming.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to play this.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, Fury Raw Fury is publishing it. Uh that they're good good publisher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks it's cool, like and uh, there's like some stages here in this video where it's like it's spinning and stuff, so like the yeah, the ferris wheel, So it's gonna be down, it is going to be different every time you do it.
Speaker 5: That's I mean, this looks great.
Speaker 2: I love I love.
Speaker 3: These physics games, these little pachinko like games. So I'm like, just give me more of that stuff and and and learn from Blatro Like this seems like they're doing exactly that.
Speaker 2: Who's the guy with the eyes and the diamond cutter thing?
Speaker 5: That's it's a diamond Dallas page.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Ddp's in this. Okay, VP's in this, Dane.
Speaker 4: You want to just stick with the Next Fest stuff because yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, cool. Yeah I didn't rhye them down here, but you know people might remember the last Next Fest I played a crap to of them, and hey, I have uh was it fifty three demos that I still want to get through here because Next Fest just rules and is very cool. This is the thing that you know, people have talked about trying to do with the events, but trying to have that like virtual festival of you know, just whatever you want bring to the table, and with this it does feel that way because you just download a crapton of indies and I will say that I feel like they've gotten wise with this where next Fest the week of is kind of just the promo week, but then they leave the demos out because they used to take the demos down. I feel like most devs are now just leaving the demos up because you know, why would you like ruin that momentum there? So uh yeah, I can still play a lot of these and the ones I've gone through so far, because you know, Astrobo's consumed my life. I tried out Wild Rumble. Not a lot to say here. It's a short demo but Super Mario Strikers. But it's like a two D you know, hand drawn kind of thing. But it's just Super Mario Strikers. You know, you just pass you lot, You pass it back and forth to build speed and then do a charge shot to track into the goal. It is just they're just doing it.
Speaker 3: Sounds more like Sega Soccer Slam to me, yeah.
Speaker 4: Something than well el try. I tried a spy drops Dan. I think this might be on your radar. It's the it looks like MGS one, just with an anime girl and stuff solid snake, but it is very an so never they're really nailing the atmosphere. It looks like a PS one.
Speaker 2: Yes, by what drops drops? Okay, that's a very anima.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that looks Super Metal Gears one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very faithful text bobbling and everything. Yeah, it's really cool. And I think I wasn't in the right like, you know, trying to like go through as many of the demos as I could. I wasn't the right state of mind to like actually play through Astro. But yeah, so I need to like sit down and spend some time with it like I would a malliar solid game because it is a little slower paced. You know, there's some talking in the beginning and everything, but it's got the style down so I'm curious at that that leads me anything. Uh, the one I think this is the one that I really want to talk about. Yeah, beat Block is the one that really grabbed my attention for the ones I played so far.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: And when I say beat Block, you might think like a puzzle game or son No beat Block as in, it's a rhythm game, but you are not hitting the beats. You are preventing the beats from getting to.
Speaker 6: You, like Footloose exactly, like Foo, you're just ahead of John block you.
Speaker 4: You plays like this little smiley face. Basically it's like wireframe. Everything's wireframe this game, but he plays this little smiley face with this little bumper. I guess that you rotate around with the analog stick, and so the beats are just these little like it's almost like a bullet hell shooter where the beats are flying in at you on the on the beat rhythm. And so your goal is to move your bumper around three hundred and sixty degrees with the analog stick and get them to like bounce off of you. And then keep adding layers to this, like for example, there are minds where I know the logic of this, but you need the minds to hit you rather than using the bumper.
Speaker 2: To reverse super hexagons, but also guitar with.
Speaker 4: The guitar parts, these are things like there's there's reverse you need to hit them with the back of your paddle, so you need to let them pass through you and hit the back of the paddle. And then there's these lines that come in and close in on you. That's more traditional rhythm game stuff. When they close in on you, you press a to hit them and so when you're looking at if you look at this video that they probably have on Steam page, it looks like visual noise as a certain point, but when you realize you're just roteating the analog stick and pressing A. It's a matter of the puzzle is finding the rhythm of the song, and they figure out how do they want me to sweep the analog stick and press A to the rhythm. And once you get in that zone, it's like we're talking about with Astrobot. You get in the zone the AutoZone, and then you did everything else fades away. You just know what to do instinctively with your hands, like to the rhythm of the game. It's very very cool, And the cherry on top is that the levels are themed. They go really hard with like CRT shaders and all these different like visual like like color themes and all the use of monochrome. Yeah, the music goes wild too, and it's just a very cool game. And yeah, I think this is the one so far that has really stood out to me from nexts. It looks really cool.
Speaker 2: I like the aesthetic too. It reminds me of like some like three DS download.
Speaker 3: Like a box By, Like, yeah, it looks like a mini game from Rhythm Heaven in a lot of ways too, Yeah for sure. Yeah, it reminds me of there was an early VR game before Beat Saber called audio Shield.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, where you would hold.
Speaker 5: The shields in your both hands and you would block the beats from getting to you. Yeah, and uh it was.
Speaker 3: It was very cool and it but instead of like having a huge library of songs, you could just connect YouTube and play any song you wanted and it just algorithmically do that stuff. And eventually they had to, like they had to get rid of that, I think, and it kind of broke it and Beat Sabers like look at us and like, no remembers audio Shield now except for Jan Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's me. I remember. Don't worry audio Shield. I'm still here for you.
Speaker 5: The last hell and play audio Shield it was the best. We should just do that now, let's do it now.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of another dumb idea I had. We should have just Giant Bomb after Dark Week where it's all of our regular programming, it's just like nighttime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Voicemail drunk Truck there, that's good. Last Steam next best demo that I've been checking it out. Is Star Vaders Sean. I feel like this would be up your alley.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I have a download, tell me about it.
Speaker 1: This is Mega Man Battle Network adjacent because we were dealing with tiles and you'll remember that. God, I think it was a d S or three DS game Might and Magic Clash of something.
Speaker 5: Heroes Might Magic Clash of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like the Match three where like the enemies are descending down but here you are. It is a card based roguel like game Surprise Surprise, very popular indie trapping turns out. But you are moving your little robot around on a grid and you have a act heat action of three, and you're using cards to move your robot around and shoot and perform actions. You quickly start building building out like your Your heat meter is similar to like a mana meter where you have your your AP and you can exceed past it, but the cards that you wind up using will be burned for the rest of your run. So uh, if you wind up burning all of your move cards, you're kind of bone for the rest of your run. And as the enemies get closer down to your side of the grid, they inflict doom on you and you are a lot up to five doom points until you fail the level. If you get hit, it doesn't actually affect you. You don't have health. It is just adds junk cards to your deck.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is one of those card games where like Slay the Spire, where the cards quickly you quickly learned that there's a lot of different synergies and intricacies to them, where oh crap, this one will move me too spaces, but that's bad because that's going to increase my heat and heat management is a thing. And since you're a robot, they add a fun little mechanic of heat sinks where it increases your heat gauge temporarily.
Speaker 2: It's a neat it's a neat title.
Speaker 1: I kind of wish it was a little bit more fast paced, but maybe because I don't have more characters unlock. Also, it's a Steam Next Fest demo. It is definitely one of those games though that I feel like this would be perfect on a phone, or this would be per for on a d S. Yeah, just give me an sp I just want an sp.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I all that for nick thing.
Speaker 2: It's a good one. Yeah, but it's not gonna play well. I guess it could play some of these.
Speaker 4: No, because it runs probably everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it runs, Yeah, it runs a specifics you can do on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you talking about like indie trends, though I did remember there's one last one Jan it's a I believe it would be pronounced al kaki, where a O K A k I. I honestly don't have a ton to say about. It is shovel Night, but bugs kind of everything. Everybody's a bug in this game, like you play Spoon Heaven. The thing is it is like a Shovel Night where it's you know, an eight bit inspired action platform or got guy who swings a weapon. In this case, he's like a samurai swings a sword. You can poe go off of enemies Scooge McDuck's style, and it's a really fun game.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 4: The thing about this is these are a dime a dozen now in the indie space. The difference is this one feels good and.
Speaker 3: I think it looks like it plays like Ninja guid in Yeah.
Speaker 4: Grow up, especially maybe Dan. You would also know the problem with these, like retro indie games are like some of them just don't nail the feel some of them just don't feel great. This one feels really good. It feels like, you know, a shovel Night the Messenger, that kind of stuff where they nailed the movement and so it feels really good to play. And so it's not necessarily doing anything new and original, but just feels really good to play. And it's been a while since we've had one that isn't either trying to do something radically different. And also you know, it has good physics, has good controls, it's snappy and everything. It's just it's a very fun time. Short demo that I played ends with like remember that the worm guy in Metroid zero mission that like comes down from the ceiling and everything. Yeah, that's like the final boss in here. And hey, turns out that's still just a good idea for a boss and it's fun and I had good time with the like half hour they played of this demo.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, nice speaking about feeling good and swinging things. Boys, you know, it feels good swinging around, maybe sliding around, jumping around and echo point nova.
Speaker 2: Oh, hoverboarding around. Yeah, everything, grappling clouds, brother.
Speaker 3: Grappling clouds, ripping fat clouds, grap on them, that game is nuts.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, Grub. You Like, we're going into a meeting once and you were just like playing and streaming your gameplay to the Zoom meeting, like check this out, check this out, and it's so good. I can't So I like downloaded during that meeting and then started playing it and uh yeah, boy if if we wind up doing best running around, uh as a category around, this is like the running around game. Holy shit? How far are you?
Speaker 5: Grub? Not much further?
Speaker 3: I played for because like astros happens, so I didn't play much more after that meeting.
Speaker 5: I think I played for like another hour.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm a couple of hours in and uh yeah, you keep getting different abilities and stuff. It's got fucking agility orbs, like crack down agility orbs.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How are games not doing agility orbs enough in twenty twenty four? It's crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially a game that has you literally you can you get a grappling hook. I've upgrade that too. It's a double grapple now, so I can do like two without a cool down. You can grapple the clouds. There's very quick respawn if you fall, and you're gonna fall a lot at any point, like this sprint button L three just whips out a hoverboard that lets you like go vertically up walls and shit, it's are.
Speaker 3: You playing on steam Deck or are you playing on stoff. I've been playing on a computer okay with the controller.
Speaker 2: Uh yes, yes, yes, yeah, definitely and yeah, it's just like you'll get into these combat arenas and stuff too, and even that, like all your bullshit carries over that, so you're grappling. Like It'll be on like a little sky island or whatever with some obstacles and like a cave or something, and you can hoverboard around. You can hoverboard dash into dudes and send them flying off the island.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you go fast enough, you build this meter that lets you do a cool down thing. So you're like hoverboarding through the air, hitting a slow just like pop pop pop, like shooting a bunch of dudes in the air. It all feels awesome. I don't know how this team is or what the budget is. It feels it feels like an indie project that is like remarkably smooth controlling, and it kind of looks good. It's a lot of the same, like you know, visual aesthetic of like sky islands and stuff like that, but like there's a lot of good reflections and it it's what you want out of this, like just running around fucking stuff up, and it.
Speaker 5: Has co op, right, it's got like four player co op at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which we are going to try Thursday. I'm gonna try to do some four player co op and surf around the sky shooting dudes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that sounds like a really good time. I can't, Like, I kind of want to see what that's gonna be. Like there's times where I'm like I'm on one island and then five seconds later I am so far away from where I was. I'm like, I'm gonna like be leaving you guys all the time and be like, oh well I got myself killed against sorry everybody.
Speaker 5: So I just want to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the map is crazy, Like if you look at the maps, is like Wireframe. If you zoom all the way out, it's just like a billion sky islands is the whole map, And like every time you get a new respawn point that unlocks a really quick fast travel. So it really it's clear that it's like not trying to punish you for fucking around because like you will instantly respond, you can instantly fast travel everywhere. Yeah, very simply. It very much shows you like, oh, you missed a couple of agility orbs here, you missed a weapon here or something. You know, all the weapons upgrade as you use them, so you know, if you're using the SMG a lot, you'll unlock skins and silencers and stuff like that. But yeah, but it feels.
Speaker 5: Like an even faster Titan Fall two in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: Right, It's like you are running, like running on walls, like everything just is all about that speed of momentum language.
Speaker 1: It is the same devs that made Severed Steel, and if I never played that recall correctly, Severed Steel was very very important on movement as well, just hopping and bopping around. If you look at the steam trailer for Echo Point Nova, there's one point where they're i think, doing multiplayer where someone is sliding into an enemy and shooting him and then someone else like it looks like Drop kicks him.
Speaker 2: Oh you know a butt stomp, and you upgrade the butt stomp to have like an area like a shock wave type thing stopping a butt stomps. Oh yeah, let's play this together. I would love you. I would love to a little after game this morning, We're gonna play this a little bit after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dan, you mentioned running around, and you have been running around in Sonic Shadow Generations. I just.
Speaker 2: Well, this weekend was very astrobot heavy. So this morning I woke up early because Sonic and Batman came out, and I was all right, I'm just gonna get some shit in so I can talk about it on the on the podcast. And uh so I played like the first level of Sonic or the Shadow the Bowser's Fury part of Sonic and Shadow Generations also played Sonic Games com So I played a couple levels. Now, I reviewed Shadow of the Hedgehog back in the day, shocking. I don't know a lot of his lore. So it starts up and there's a cut scene, and uh, I was just like, man, Verbodnik looks fucked up in this one. What is going on with Robotnick? He looks all weird? And then they called him Gerald, and I was like, who the fuck is Gerald? It's Gerald Ford, Jered and Betty Jerald Ford's in this Grandpa, Yeah, look up Gerald, Sonic Like, is.
Speaker 4: This Gerald Robodani. No, I'm serious. Father.
Speaker 2: Oh it's doctor Biden's grandfather.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's from the Adventure games.
Speaker 2: Oh was he in the first one? Because I've played Oh, I didn't play a lot of two. Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, is Jim Carrey gonna play Gerald? Oh wait, this could just be uh ai, never mind.
Speaker 4: I mean they could just put him in yeah, like gray hair makeup.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know my take is in the new movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, it makes sense of shows. Oh interesting. You know, I've played most of the three D Sonics, and I think they range from you know, atrocious like the O six one to like I have fond memories of Sonic Adventure one despite it not aging that well. But like you know, there's word camera stuff. There's just kind of funky like you can see what they're going.
Speaker 4: For, but more time issues than like real yeah.
Speaker 2: Where it's like this feels like I think what they wanted three D Sonic to feel like, even if it's not the most of it, it's not Mario, it's not all of a sudden this like you know perfect you know platformer, you know, really precise stuff. It is still a lot like the very first thing you're doing. This game is like a grinding on a thing and you're holding art of Boost and just constantly bouncing off of bullshit and homing jumps and stuff like that. But it like, it's readable and it controls fine, which I think for a three D Sonic is like that's the plus. So I am curious the.
Speaker 3: Best reviewed three D Sonic game, Yeah, or a very long time.
Speaker 4: I don't know about reviewed, because a Venture did very well review on but it's the best one, right, Yeah, it's I will say Generations is my favorite modern Sonic game because it is, like Dan said, it feels good to play. It does it's not constantly breaking like most of the other Sonic three D games. The thing is Sonic has always been in two D. It's actually always just been a platformer, and I think that's why I like grub Mesh with that, say Mania a little bit more.
Speaker 5: I like maybe a lot three D.
Speaker 4: Sonic has always had an issue because three D platform was hard back in the day, and Sonic, you know, people associate him with speed and they couldn't quite pull off the speed element either. So Sonk was in that weird middle ground where, yeah, a lot of his games were just not good in three D Generate. Well, it started with what I'm trying to say, which came out first. I believe It's Unleashed came out first. So the daytime portions lad and then Colors and then Generations. This is what people think Sonic is supposed to be. And so Sega is actually pretty good about listening to the fans. That's why when you see shit like you know, the ocs in Forces, well we all look at that, we're like, what what the hell's all this stuff? But kids actually love that stuff. So they're actually pretty good about listening to a fan base. And I think this is one of those examples of they listened to what the fan base want of like, yeah, let's just make Sonic go fast, and like let's put him on rails because that's what works in three D. Let's make it a roller coaster, let's let's just have it be an amusement park of like you see cool stuff happen. And so that's why Generations has always been really good, is because it is just it's constrained. It makes sure that Sonic doesn't fly off in a million directions like in son six, and it just feels really fun, and so that's why I've always loved it and I'm looking forward to this remake. Dan, did you try out any of the Shadow specific stuff in your time yet or no.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I tried.
Speaker 2: I went into like the Bowser's Fury stuff like the new you went because it's a separate like you can just from the menu, you can choose Sonic Generations or the Shadow stuff, and I just went to the Shadow stuff. So yeah, play the level. I mean the levels are fairly long. That a boss fight at the end, I don't look sharp and moves fast. I felt like I was in control at all times, which again for a three D Sonic, that's that's a plus.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean it seems all right. I will play more of this cool.
Speaker 1: Uh quick question for you, Dan, does or Shadow does he still have Oozzi's or a motor something.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for him to get a gun. He never got a gun in the level.
Speaker 5: He's going to get a flashlight.
Speaker 3: It's like Spielberg's Et remake or whatever where they replaced the gun.
Speaker 2: H yeah, the Waukie talkies yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, wak talkies.
Speaker 1: That's right, Like Walt Disney is always polating with two fingers, not because he's smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh boys, there's still more time in this segment. But Greb, I need you to tell me about Killing Time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Killing Time was an old three D first person shooter that you know those uh, the arcade shooter games like Area fifty one that would have sort of the Mortal Mortal Kombat rotoscoped characters that were animated that way, just real dudes in actual costumes. This is a first person shooter with that sort of aesthetic back on three D. Oho they have remastered in by they I mean night Dive who crushes these? So they did, They've done, They've done, Yes, all the good ones they did, trot they did.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: Oh this is incredible. I'm looking at crushed it. It looks so amazing. It's like, oh my god, wish games look like this now. So you're going around and it's people from the nineteen nineties in costumes like with really uh, I don't know if they found the source or sources or they use like you know, like the gigapixel upscale or whatever.
Speaker 4: They found the sources.
Speaker 3: Awesome, So they found the original sources, so they just probably rescanned all that stuff in four K eight K and it looks pristine, and uh, it's it's a spooky sort of first person shooter where there's ghosts and clowns and the the Pode that shooter that came out recently, the Evil Cook that like throws stuff. He's in this game as as a common enemy and things like that. So it's just got such a cool, awesome vibe and it feels great, it looks cool, and uh, we're not going to play it on a ghost in Greblins tomorrow, so look out for it. Yeah, but I think they just, man, Nightdive does such cool stuff, and it's at a point where I'm like, man, what is left for them to go back and remaster? And then they keep finding stuff like that every whole that is awesome that I'm so happy that they do.
Speaker 4: It's so cool how this game uses so first of all, uses spice for the enemies, like Doom, the fact that's FMV. It's all FMV like you you can walk into a room and it'll be sprites basically a gift of people talking and the audio plays. Because it's recently on a three D oh, you know, C based format, and so there will just be these sprites talking to each other and animated and everything, but you can also just walk past them and everything like that. So it's it's a really cool idea for a shooter.
Speaker 2: I think, like, yes, reda shooter era I remember so finally, just like the digitized actors like Mortal Combat Area fifty one, because I just think I remember as a kid being like, well, that's just real people. We peaked. It's not gonna look at a mess, you know, it can't. It's really on a CRT, looked real, look awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeahs, And now I think this game's kind of like matching that level, like how you felt it went back on a CRT, but now on an hdtail or you know, four K monitor whatever, it looks so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice. Killing Time is Resurrected.
Speaker 5: Is Resurrected is the one I'm playing?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, cool.
Speaker 1: We don't shoot enough ghosts and video games, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: At clowns they have like and they have the separate digitized hands that like reach out of the screen and.
Speaker 5: Stuff like that. It's there's a lot of like really kooky stuff that I'm a fan of.
Speaker 1: I realize a lot of fears. As I was watching the trailer for Killing Time reacted, I don't like this. Maybe I'm fine with just punching dudes, and maybe I can just throw on a helmet and live out punching dudes, much like Dan Reichert is put on the cow and is punching dudes in Batman Arkham Shadow.
Speaker 2: I played about third, maybe forty minutes of it this morning before my headset battery died, and holy shit, I am not a big VR game guy, but this was fun as hell. This is like, I would say, best VR game I've ever played, for sure, if it weren't for Half Life Alex. But I haven't beat Alex. But you know, I got about halfway through and I could tell like, oh, this is like, you know, like a peak of VR experience. This is up there, if not better, it is. Yeah, it's They nail the feeling of of like the Arkham games specifically, like that mix between the combat and the predator sequences and like you know, dropping off gargoyles and sneaking around vents and stuff, really smart VR stuff like to activate your detect division, you like tap your cowl, you know, like you got to bring your controller up and like do this. It's like it's like it feels so cool to walk into rooms, look around and everything. It does stuff that like you know a lot of R games have done this stuff before where it's like, oh, look down and you know, grab the gun or grab whatever off your hip or your chest or whatever. It feel. Everything just feels so much better and considered in this one. Like the batter rang is on your chest, so walk in a room, you see some dude, just just flip it off there. It's great. There's smoke bombs on your wrist, so you can just like like toss smoke bombs, you know, go up to a gargoyle stuff like that. And then the like combat shit is so satisfying. You got to kind of get used to it because you can't just kind of flail. You have to be delivered because once you like go to punch someone, you make a punch motion and it like dashes you towards them and you hit them, and you can't just keep going. You have to like sometimes it'll be like a dot and that means you can hit them with either hand straight punch. On occasion, it'll be like an arrow and you have to almost like kind of beat saber, like, Okay, I got a punch left hand this way. So you gotta get used to that like kind of waiting for the thing. You can't just flail. But every once in a while you'll like knock a dude down or something and then like a little fib will pop up and that's just a cute. It's like and like just knocking doe down and just beating these shit out of them feels incredible. Uh, choking dudes out when you're sneaking around, you're like a you're like you like grab them and then you gotta like like rich three times. It's fucking awesome. Countering is really cool because you know that was such a big part of Arkham combat as you would see that thing over their head and you hit why here, it's you just move towards them. You don't even have to like press any button or anything. If you just move a hand towards them, it'll do the counter and stop their attack. And sometimes it'll come from the left and right and stuff like you won't see a guy, but you'll see like the lightning thing over here, and you'll just like like move your arm over and it like changes the perspective. You're like sucking a dude up mid punch like feels really big, and even like the platform and getting around here grappling gun. You know, you're going around your climbing ladders. That all feels great. But then like to glide, you just hold the triggers and you go ah like arms out like Batman and then you glide down. It's like, I really good.
Speaker 1: I just want to stream of Dan playing this game, not saying anything, just like doing all like the little sound.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just like I was having a good time getting into it, wondering because I was doing this in my three Seasons room, which I think the neighbor can see into. And yeah, I'm just doing a bunch of stuff and I'm like crotch shopping and stuff. After I'm like choking a dude out like Batman like Batman arms crotch shopping. All right, now, is this out out? I came out this morning? I downloaded. Yeah sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, might might have to dust off the good old Metaquest three. Maybe we got to do another rodeo.
Speaker 5: It's been we should do that Bow and Arrow Sport game again.
Speaker 2: So good, Yeah, I will absolutely play more of this Arkham Shadow, I you know, am very uh. They have a little cynical, a little pessimistic bout like the state of VR games, but this one was like undeniable, Like oh shit, they put a lot of thought, Like I heard it's camouflage and they did Iron Man VR and I've heard good things about that, like really nails like iron Man averring and stuff. This just nails the Batman stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, the problem with VR is just like, yeah, clearly Apple Vision Pro is just taking over the worst.
Speaker 5: I mean, you can't we all have.
Speaker 2: To take ours off to start this podcast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I got in a lot of trouble. But yeah, so I mean, what can it do?
Speaker 2: What can it do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean tarking about dusting things off. I feel like the world is making me dust off the Giant bomb, Pokemon and Gym and then you, you motherfucker.
Speaker 2: That's right. I'm cussing at you. Good, good you.
Speaker 1: You You put on this fucking rundown Pokemon TCG pocket and I've seen the.
Speaker 2: Rumblings and I've avoided all the rumblings. What are you doing?
Speaker 5: T million registrations for it or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's out right now over in New Zealand. So of course I've been flying over to New Zealand every single morning in order to play. It's really reaking have it on my bank account. But yeah, I've downloaded Pokemon TCG Pocket, the new TCG app that Pokemon has put out of Pokemon Company in DNA. So okay, So this is an interesting one we I've talked about before. It is like UEO Dual Links is a faster version of an existing card game.
Speaker 5: Oh wwe speed Okay, I gotcha.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marvel Snapper, you olds in the room. It's a faster card game. And so TCG pock is an interesting app because it is very much centered around the collection aspect. The first thing you see in this game, and like the tutorial, it's all about kind of collecting cards and then battling kind of comes later, which, to be fair, is how a lot of people think about the Pokemon TCG. They think about these cards you collect and you trade and have value, and they don't necessarily think about the game, which is just an interesting approach to a card game app to me, because I feel like in Marvel's Snap, the first thing you teach you how to do is how to play Marvel Snap right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a major component of that game, which is like collecting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as cool as the collectibles are. So, I don't know, I mean, it's gonna be very interesting to see how this hits with people. I'm a little worried about the fact that they're focusing on the You get two packs of data open at like twelve hour intervals. It's hot timer, and that's what everything is center around, centered around in this game. You'll get a notification on your phone and it's like, hey, you can open a pack. You tap it app opens up. It does have this really cool animation where it brings up a virtual pack that's all crinkly and stuff, and you can, like when you run your finger across it, like the pack has physics on it, and then you have to like swipe your finger across really quickly to like rip it open and then the cards come out. It's all physical, So it's you know, it's gonna appeal to people like jan who is silently hating me.
Speaker 2: Janner Scout making these noises.
Speaker 3: That's Jan's Ja either Yeah, yeah, you know he's got that dog in him for Pokemon heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, it's mostly about the collecting. The cards are cool. They're doing things that you can't do in a physical game, like the immersive cards are called where you look at a card and they say, hey, tap and hold, so tap and hold and the art goes full screen and it's this whole scene of two d art that you can't see like within the frame of a card, that the camera like zooms around. You see all this artwork that they made for his digital card game. It's it's kind of neat. And then the battling is Yeah, I said, just a simplified version of Pokemon. They just I'm not gonna get into that because not everyone knows how the game works. But yeah, it's just a shorter version of the game. Any given match takes like, you know, five to ten minutes rather than the more like, you know, fifteen to twenty that a full sized game might take nowadays. So it's just a more mobile friendly experience. And I'm kind of curious to see how this will catch on with people.
Speaker 1: Sean, sorry to cut you off, but how does how does it deal with your cards library? Do you only deal with like the two packs you get in a day to build out your deck or this.
Speaker 4: Is interesting, this is actually what's making a little difficult for me to play competitively because that's the mindset I have, which most people will not think of. Most people will think of just like you know, building a simple deck and slowly building up our time. The micro transactions in this game are entirely based around reducing that packed timer. It's all based around a timer. It's so that's how they kind of get around probably gambling laws in some places too, because from the reminder, the original Gotcha game is trading cards, you know, just opening a pack of cards, seeing what you get. That's probably how a're getting around that. Where you will buy you will attain just by playing the game. They give you a ton of these upfront, shocker to get you hooked hourglasses. Hourglasses reduce the timer and it's like, hey, the timer is reduced. You can open a pack now, and you open the pack and eventually that's what you'll be able to buy, as well as like bundles of hourglasses that amount to like, you know, you spend a couple bucks and it's like, oh, you can open three more packs now. You know that's how it works, Okay, okay, all right, jan you're familiar with wonder trading from the like video games, right, Yes, there's an element of that in here, which is kind of cute, where you can see what your friends and what randoms have opened on a list, and if it's a good pack, you can spend the other currency like wonder tokens to open their pack, but you only get one of the cards at random, So it's kind of like wonder trading. Yeah, it's a really weird.
Speaker 5: Wait so they get the rest of the cards?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, like they get the pack, it just shows you what they've opened, and you're like, oh, there's some good cards in this pack that I need for my collection. Then it will like flip the cards over, shuffle them up, and it's like, okay, pick one.
Speaker 5: I guess that's technically not gambling. You know you're gonna get one of the cards.
Speaker 4: They're very smart about hur around all this. DNA is very smart about all this.
Speaker 3: But would I I have occasionally enjoyed a card game in my life like this, I think maybe might be in mood for another one.
Speaker 5: Is this something that I have a chance of getting?
Speaker 4: This is the closest you would get to liking. I think if you download it, you would appreciate the collection aspect and like seeing, oh hey they liked something interesting with the immersive card here. That's kind of neat. Yeah, and then you learn how to battle and it's like, oh, yeah, this is just a quick, like five minute thing I can get done, you know, while I'm on the can or something, you know.
Speaker 2: While you're driving.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while you're driving naturally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Again, because it's so focused on collecting, I'm interested to see how it will catch on with the mainstream audience. It might be a really good play right now. Sure going for that audience rather than the competitive one, because we still have DCG Live.
Speaker 5: To uh to write, Yeah, you freak will still be over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we still like I.
Speaker 4: Train up for tournaments and stuff on the simulator and then TCG pockets for everyone else.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask Sean if they're doing anything with like, you know, the shoot physical card packs. They normally come with a QR code to redeem a digital pack. They're not doing anything with that. It's just literally okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, all right on sickness is starting to creep up on me. Saved this for last, just in case Danny Boy needed to use the restroom. Okay, well just wait.
Speaker 2: To see what you're talking about first. Uh, we're going to do a quick metaphor progress check by Dan.
Speaker 5: He already he already laughed at you before any of us could stay bye to him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sean, how far are you are you? Jane?
Speaker 4: This is all we're gonna talk about, how we get rid of Dan Riker. Okay, so I'm thinking, like we're going on in Minnesota, you know, take a oh slowly.
Speaker 2: Death by a million cots.
Speaker 5: I like it. Jan, Could we replace him with Kayla?
Speaker 4: Kyl is so much cooler than Dan? Can we just yeah, way better fast though?
Speaker 2: So so you know he's going to be back, all right.
Speaker 4: Grub, have you progressed at all in metaphor?
Speaker 3: I started up the steam deck to stream Astro and my metaphor was still going, So I played like another little I played for a little bit, like maybe a half an hour more so, No, not not.
Speaker 4: Really get to like any of the battling or anything yet.
Speaker 5: None of the battle.
Speaker 3: But I'm still I'm still like like not minding what I'm playing so far, which you know, for me, is like, yeah, I'm expecting to mind this and I'm not.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you are right there, You're right there to get like a ton of battling and story stuff that's really sick, Like, yeah, you're right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If if no one comes to my astra times today, which I don't expect anyone's gonna be able to do that, then time.
Speaker 2: To take a poop.
Speaker 4: Dan, I gotta be real with you.
Speaker 2: I just love because I didn't want to get spoiled. Okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Then I'll speaking coded language here and I'm I'm past the second major dungeon and everything that happens in that town holy shit it oh yeah yeah, and then all the fallout from that, which is just.
Speaker 2: The fantasy to become reality.
Speaker 4: Dan, you like wrestling, fantasy is your reality?
Speaker 2: Why does?
Speaker 4: Why are you so hung up on that?
Speaker 2: I know, but I know it's a.
Speaker 5: Work, Yeah, dude, fantasy work. That was at a very good point, Dan, try again.
Speaker 2: I don't want to think about the right.
Speaker 4: Spent like thirty minutes I was last week and I just instantly okay, yes, oh yeah, but.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you guysre gonna start.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 3: I when I thought about what I said last week, I uh, I was like, Okay, I can't help the way I feel about the way it looks.
Speaker 2: But the but yeah, yeah, what's up?
Speaker 4: Like it's just a cell shaded games, that's what you're I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's no. I think it's like I'm at a point with with anime where it is all starting, like I'm not maybe consuming enough settle different ani games look like yeah, yes, exactly right, But I think that they're like there's like a part of me it's like, okay, can you do anything to like immediately stand out?
Speaker 3: If not, then I I'll still give you a chance. But it's like I kind of have a hard time seeing the difference between this and like fire implet and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But give it like an hour and a half, you'll see it.
Speaker 5: Yes, And I don't think it's I don't think it's bad. That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: For the record, I don't either. For the record, I don't think it's bad.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think you literally said it's bad.
Speaker 2: Last stupid Oh yeah, No, I know it's a very good I know it's a very good game.
Speaker 3: Ye twitch chat says they're going to fight Dan, So I've got the astrobots for fine.
Speaker 2: Sean.
Speaker 1: I'm at the point where and I do this unfortunately in a lot of Atlas games, where I know and I can feel I'm at the end.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to say goodbye to my friends.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's like those emotional beats. Yeah, it's like I spent of time with these guys. I kind of yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm at that point now, and I realize as I am nearing like fiftyish hours, I haven't had a lot of time to jump back into it to finish it. But man, this this type of JRPG just has its hooks into me. And then I'm looking back at the backlog and thinking, I'm not gonna finish Final Fantasy seven. I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna do it. Oh, you're not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 5: I'm not Okay, I can't remember. Did you play slash Beat like a Dragon Infinite?
Speaker 2: Well? Yes, yes, yes, really like Top four.
Speaker 5: You don't need Final Fantasy as well. You got enough RPGs this year you're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's plenty of So you didn't eve finish the story of f S seven.
Speaker 1: Jan No, because Shawn too much game.
Speaker 4: I dude, there's so many games this year. Yeah, I'm not getting back to a certain things. I'm probably the opposite. I'm probably not going to finish Infinite Wealth. Like as much as as enjoying my time, I don't need another turn based, story driven RPG in my life right now.
Speaker 1: Because I still want to circle back to maybe try P three again.
Speaker 2: I never finished that either.
Speaker 1: I never finished that because too many things started coming.
Speaker 4: Out, too many good games, too may long games like It's just been very good. So yeah, don't blame you.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, folks. I've played plenty of the read a lot games, plenty of those, plenty of those, folks.
Speaker 2: That about does it.
Speaker 1: For the first segment of this pod cast, Jeff Grubb is going to hit us with the news right after this quick freaking break. I'm immediately regretting all all the things I say online. I mean, I never do that right, but like the actual life, quiet man stuff, I'm not a fan of it anymore.
Speaker 2: During the break, I'm saying, Janet's gonna feel so much longer than you think it is, and you're gonna make so much money, and you will not beat that game once if you're restarting it every time you get a donation over sixty nine.
Speaker 1: What if like, what if there's three donations, one after another that exceed the sixty nine total?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, start. I think you have to each time get through the opening cut scene and then you can restart dam so they get their money's worth. Jeff Grub through the news.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, out, everybody, let's do some news. The first story hears from Jake Steinberg's substack. It's entitled I Hate Jeff Grubb uh and it's uh fine fine read where he questions his sanity and his gaming abilities because of.
Speaker 5: The Astrobot leaderboards. So go read that over there at.
Speaker 3: At Jake Steinberg dot substack dot com. Shouts to Jake, all right, let's let's get some other news here. Okay, I didn't include the rundown. Let's talk about this thing that's kind of breaking. As we've been Live Warrior sixty four, as as collated by reset Era, has shared a story that Prince of Persia, the Lost Crown team, the development team has reportedly been disbanded by Ubisoft because it did not reach sales expectations.
Speaker 2: A sequel was proposed proposed.
Speaker 5: But did not get green lighted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's real rough to me because I adore that game. Advents of all time, one of the best metrogames of all time, one of the best games.
Speaker 2: To release this year.
Speaker 5: It is. I think it was a little bit hampered early on by not being on Steam, But I mean, I think there's also maybe people just don't have good taste. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm going a point where it's like, maybe people don't appreciate the things that are right there. You know, you go play a real video game.
Speaker 5: It's right there.
Speaker 3: It's called Prince of Persia the Lost Crown, and people would say, no, I'd rather not. I'm lashing out the wrong people. Obviously, Ubisoft is the right people to lash out at. But more people should have played this game. They really should have. So this is a real bummer. I mean, big companies do in metroid venias never necessarily works out great either, though, two D Metro Advenya games. That's I think the last like the big ones that work. It's like Batman Arkham Asylum because it's a big three D Batman game, and it's like, secretly a really great Metroid Vinia that's like that, It's that's fine, And then Metroid Dread from Nintendo is like, oh, that's going to sell enough to justify itself.
Speaker 5: It's Metro, Nintendo's going to keep making those.
Speaker 3: Outside of stuff like that, it's kind of tough for these big companies to justify a game.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, it's something we don't want to really say, but it's there is a stigma against two D games in general. You can see it where that's why these big budget games with ballooning costs and just takeway too long to make. The art is insanely detailed. That's what sells. And people see a two D game they think old school. They think, oh, well, I shouldn't be paying a lot for this old thing, and that really sucks because those games are still incredible.
Speaker 2: I was trying to think of like I was about to say, like, oh, it's the best like Ubisoft game in years, and I'm trying to remember like the last time I enjoyed an Ubisoft game as much as this one, and I literally I can't think of one like it's one of the best things the company has ever put out, and that sucks so fucking bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whenever we talk about Ubisoft's like big hit releases in the last couple of years, I don't know why, my brain will always just immediately go back to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and it feels bad. I know that they've had gems that have come out since then, but it feels far and few between. I haven't just danced in so long.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is just like an unequivocal, just good game, really well made, and Yeah, I think people pointing out it had a high price for a two D game, you know, I think they were trying to say, ye, worthy of that.
Speaker 4: If you think it's worthy of that, then that's what you charged for it. I mean, if you're willing to pay sixty ish dollars, you know, somewhere in the ballpark here a full price game for a shorter three D experience, then your time is your time, you know. Like, I don't think we should weigh it based on graphics alone, because graphics do not affect gameplay. And I get that a lot of people want their games to feel big budget and feel like these big epic things, but that's that's not how you're interacting with the game.
Speaker 1: You know, you all think the name Prince of Persia may have tainted folks at all.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think if it was a new IP, I don't know if that helps them. Yeah, I don't think it really helped either. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think maybe in having a Prince of Persia the two rogue prints come not too long after also didn't help.
Speaker 5: With stuff a little bit because it's like, wait, there's another new Prince Persa. I get that instead. So yeah, that kind of threw things off a little bit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, I mean, I think I recognize that there is less of a market for this game, and I lament that. I think that is a real shame because this game just is better than most games people are buying flat out.
Speaker 5: It just is. And so what are people, you know, market to mark decided wrong? They just did. This is a better game than most of the shit you're spending your mind.
Speaker 4: It's just it's where the mark is at. Me and my friend were kind of talking about last night, lamenting you a little bit because once again we went back to Smite and we were just because Call of Duty wouldn't update on my friend's system and we're you know, hoping play some Resurgence and yeah, have a fun night. I just went updates, so we're like, just go back to one of the old games we like, and we played that and we're like, yeah, man, thinking about playing this back in college and how we'd have late nights hanging out and like may having a couple of drinks and just have a good time. Thinking back to simpler days in gaming. It's just, you know, I realized how old man this sounds. But like, seriously, so many things about modern gaming, and you either have live service games or gigantic triple A games that teams cannot keep up with. It's a bomber a lot of the time. It sucks that we can't keep up. Nobody can keep up with the expectations of people. And I know it's no one's fault in particular. It's just how things have snowballed over the years. But it's just a kind of a prommy situation that be in you know, what.
Speaker 1: Makes a game like this sell less than Metroid Dread, which was sixty dollars at launch.
Speaker 2: The Metroid name I think has not I mean, it has had missteps with like Federation Force and other m and stuff like that, but it's still it's a first part of Nintendo franchise. I think there is a little more prestige on that name. Like Prince of Persa has been a great series, but it's also been very uneven in terms of like, oh did the school ow eight one, then we're going back to forgotten sands. Like I feel like there's been an inconsistency with the Prince of Persia brand that it's probably not as prestigious.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, you'll also think that on top of like the name Prince of Persia being less prestigious, just having the Ubisoft label is not doing any favors lately.
Speaker 5: No I do.
Speaker 3: I definitely think that's part of especially this year, coming out of Hyper hyper and play a very high inflation, and people being more sensitive and not necessarily like attaching one sentiment to the other. They are just generally more sensive about spending money. So they see if at the fifty dollars price tag that puts them on the defensive. Then they see the ub Soft name, and that is kind of a red flag for a lot of people. For the last several years or it has been in a lot of YouTube videos and a lot of the commentary, and people like I've had bad experience with ub Soft games, So they begin building a case in their head about I don't need this game that's fifty dollars. We spend fife dollars for this two d ub Soft game. It's Prince of Persia. Where's my three d Princes of Persia. People just become defensive as a reason not to spend money, and it's hard to blame them because he has extra money just laying around these days.
Speaker 4: I get it because, like you know, I'm fortunate enough to get a lot of games through my job nowadays, and when it comes time where I do need to purchase a seventy dollars game to play, I'm like, I got it. I got to think about that one, Like, yeah, totally get where people are coming from. I don't blame them at all for that. It's just where the mark is at right now.
Speaker 5: It's yep.
Speaker 3: I just yeah, It's like I do can't help but blame them just because I'm like, well, you spent money on all these other games. I think you'd have been better off here, But you know I didn't.
Speaker 4: They think, Yeah, things where you know, some like The Last of Us is worth it when you know, maybe you spend a similar amount of time, but it's just people prefer that experience. So I guess that's where we're at right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the the DLC came out the story of d LC. I'm going to play that here pretty soon. Uh, when we get to the end of the year. If this is, uh, I'll be I'll be surprised if this.
Speaker 5: Is not my top three for for game of the year. Currently around three for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Do we have the exact same top three? Yeah, well, I'm just going to.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm dan, I'm sure it is. Uh, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be super into Dragon Age because it's it's it sounded pretty good and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: But I don't we'll see that's able to crack my top checker.
Speaker 2: Damn. So tell me if I.
Speaker 3: Take a look here, I know, uh huh uh huh uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Of course.
Speaker 2: Metaphor Silent Hill to remake.
Speaker 4: Is kind of yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's weird that she threw a thousand resisting there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, yeah, I know quality.
Speaker 3: Speaking of games, it can still be in my top ten though, Mario and Luigi Brothership Developer has been revealed by players with early copies, very early copies. There was a some pictures of the Street Day being broken a bit box with like a couple dozen copies in there. Uh, this doesn't come out until next month still, but people are playing it and they were able to suss out who's making it. Mother and Luigi Brotherships Developer has been revealed as a choir studio behind Octopath Traveler and I think Traveler too.
Speaker 2: You did just say Mother and Luigi Mario and Luigi. Mother said Mother and Luigi.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, she doesn't have an edible complex. Come on, can I get on the same.
Speaker 4: Picture Mother and Luigia complex? Yes?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I am audible, said Mother and Luigi. Okay, listen, does it I have turned picture of that game would be yeah, Mommy and Luigi is a very important.
Speaker 2: Going on adventure. Signed me up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The the is it the Oedipus? Like Oedipus? Is that how you say you marry your mom and kill your dad?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's mixed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kensian Shakespearean, it's all the same after a while.
Speaker 2: Jima esque. Yeah, that's what we say.
Speaker 5: One bright.
Speaker 3: Yes, we say GiMA esque when it's something's actually shakespeare in these days because he's just taken over.
Speaker 2: It's more relevant. It's like a many males.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Acchoir Octoba Traveler dev that's pretty exciting thing that people. Yeah, people expecting maybe uh some like Ilka camera with what they've done.
Speaker 5: It's another twelve that's.
Speaker 4: Diamonds and talking about some stuff that has come out of that leak. Oh boy, Yeah that plains a lot about that game. But yes, I would not want I.
Speaker 3: Previous for for mother Ma, Mario and Luigia.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Something I just tried to mushed the whole name together, Mario and Luigi brother Mommy and Luigi brothership.
Speaker 2: The previously pretty good for it.
Speaker 3: It's looking pretty promising, So I'm hopeful, mostly because I have it on Fantasy Critic and because I love.
Speaker 5: Mario and Luigi and Sami and Luigi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean some some game with Concord has to do well this year, dude.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was gonna say Mario Luigi game with Dominic and Rita, but they're not together anymore, but that'd be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to see them get back together.
Speaker 4: What would you say the last, like excluding a remake, what would you say, the last really good Mario RPG period has.
Speaker 2: Been Story Paper Jams. All right, it's step up from dream Team. I didn't love dream Team.
Speaker 3: Dream Team has good stuff and then it's buried on Pep Layers of Ship.
Speaker 2: And absolutely Bowser's inside story is the peak of that series. The Paper Jam was pretty good.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are saying that's the last good one, which is depressing. That was two thousand and nine, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I know, the story was yeah, oh my, oh my god, so long. There's like there's there was a couple after Browsers inside Store, there was dream Team and Jam Paper Jam's color Splash after that too.
Speaker 2: After that was like twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but that's like Mario RG right, that's what PAP.
Speaker 2: Post game Cube Paper Mario series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I did like Super Paper Mario.
Speaker 3: What's we actually? I like Super Paper mas not bad, but what's the switch one? The Switch Paper Mario.
Speaker 2: Or Gomi King. It still has fucking combat pro The combat.
Speaker 3: The combat's the worst part. If they didn't honestly, they just took the combat out or good or matter or yeah, good or matter clearly a better.
Speaker 5: Thing, but they just took it out and you just jumped on enemies.
Speaker 2: That there was great game, right, No, why is he ever going to fight? I love that? What do you do it?
Speaker 3: Everything else about that game is really good. Thought. That bomb that blows himself up to sacrifice himself for you, that's.
Speaker 2: It's good stuff.
Speaker 4: But that's why I'm really looking forward that christ Uh.
Speaker 1: Oh, I accidentally cross out the first story if you want to circle back to that.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Details on the mystery Nintendo Switch Online play test program have been shared. Uh, this is a weird one. It is apparently from EPD four, which is the weird Nintendo development studio that did game Builder Garage and I think they did Labbo.
Speaker 2: They are making Dan.
Speaker 5: Have you seen this?
Speaker 2: I have seen the thing that got posted with like the three pictures and the description, and I am intrigued.
Speaker 3: I am very intrigued. It is okay, So the test begins good later this week. It'll run for about a week and a half, maybe two weeks. It appears to be an mm O like game where players work together developed to develop a assive planet using creativity and resources. Uh, there's a screenshots that they can look kind of like Minecraft sometimes, like there's a big planetary grid and you can spread across this grid working with others, I think. And then there's another section where it's called the devcore where you're running around and frankly, it looks like a sixty four TV game.
Speaker 2: It looks like Taels of the.
Speaker 5: Sun a little bit the Sun.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it looks weird and cool and and just strange as hell, And I think I might be into what they're going for.
Speaker 2: This might be the first time give a real shot to an MMOD.
Speaker 5: Do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's Is it going to be like an MMO like World of Warcraft? Definitely not. It's gonna be some weird experiment. It does sound a little bit like Peter MALINEU. But it's like, what if you Pet Malanu worked at Nintendo that you might actually get some stuff out that's good. So yeah, that's kind of what I'm I'm getting here. You get these things called beacons that you place on the planet, and the higher you the higher you place them vertically. I guess the bigger of an effect they have over how much of the land it effects.
Speaker 2: And Nobby Noby boy right now, Like yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, it just sounds like the kind of stuff that's like when developers get got the new technology of the Internet and hard drives early on, they're like, we're gonna make stuff like this where there's gonna be persistence and online you're gonna have these communities, and it's like, uh, okay, that's not really how it played out. And now it feels like Nintendo's like just learning about the Internet and it is finally making one of those anyways they are.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for Dan to chime into like our discord or slacks asking us if we've done our dailies and if we're crafting in the MMO.
Speaker 3: Group, Yeah, help help the Giant Bomb crew. Yes, yeah, there's you know a little bit more data mining out there. Uh like that they found like a code name and stuff like that. I don't I don't have it listed here. It kind of doesn't matter because Nintendo's gonna tell us one way or the other, like what's gonna happen with us after this test? Probably, but it is at the very least they seem like they have a real game here, and depending on the results of the test.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe this thing comes out with switch to, maybe comes out early next year, who knows. They haven't said much beyond that. We are also, you know, while we're hearing all this stuff, it is, Nintendo's still asking people not to share it. So we'll see if people are able to stream it. I did get into it, so I'll be able to get my code here pretty soon.
Speaker 4: Hey, we don't play with fire?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well yes, we're probably like we're not gonna be the ones going out there and be like, oh, we're gonna stream this stuff.
Speaker 2: Here's what we do.
Speaker 1: We just do an unsanctioned stream a lights out stream lights and we can't get in trouble.
Speaker 5: That's right. Yeah, show my face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good idea. Just Jeff Brubbs's reactions to this thing for an.
Speaker 2: Hour and a half.
Speaker 5: What the hell is going on here? Yeah, that'll be fun. Inscrewtable facial expressions.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: It's got a couple more Nintendo stories here. Super Smash Brothers creator has started production on his next game in twenty twenty two, or did start it in twenty two twenty two. Masahiro Sakarai, the creator of Super Smash Brothers in Kirby started working on a new game project in twenty twenty two. He announced the project in the final episode of his YouTube series Creating Games. Sakari received a request to write a game proposal in July twenty twenty one, which he completed quickly. In October twenty twenty one, he was given the green light to move forward forward with the production, but it took time to assemble the right team. During the gap in his schedule, Sakrei created his YouTube channel to share his knowledge and experience in game development. He planned his entire run of the YouTube channel in advance, scripting all two hundred and sixty episodes, including today's finale. Sakari worked on both his game development project and his YouTube channel simultaneously, starting at eight am each.
Speaker 5: Day and finishing around two am.
Speaker 3: So a little bit of an insight into Sakrai being just a complete machine or a vampire, like that's still on the table, I think, And then hey, yeah, he's got a new game in the work something that was I think we maybe had some questions about, like, hey, is he going to get right back to work on something. Turns out that's exactly what he did.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what we did with Giant Bomb. I know, the guys in eight put together a script for everything up to today and years in the future. Yeah, so it's all followed the script.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, we got the production media to make sure the notes are good.
Speaker 3: But yeah, absolutely. Uh just Sean, what do you want from massa hero Sakarai?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about this. I don't actually like many of Soccer Rise games outside of Smash because it's been mostly Kirby and I'm just not really into Kirby.
Speaker 2: What the.
Speaker 4: Three D I wouldn't say that day, the three D one from not too long ago, I've forgotten Land. I like that, but he also wasn't involved with that. You know, he hasn't been involved in Caribby a long time.
Speaker 2: Did you play the kidd Chris Uprise?
Speaker 4: That's what I was going to bring up. I did really like Kiddic Chris Uprising, and I think there's a charm to his directorial approach that really shines through in the games, and so I'm interested to see what his next game would be. And just speaking about like him being very open about with the YouTube channel and like sharing his knowledge in the world. That's been such a cool saga for him to go on, just because this is information that you just would not get otherwise, like maybe you get in a book when he's like retired and everything. The fact that he's making it very accessible to people, like sharing his process has been so cool to watch. I know he's friended with like some of the banday Namco guys because you know, working out smash.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. When I had the chance to talk to Harada at EVO, like we addressed that briefly where you know, I asked him, like why he likes sharing stuff on Twitter so much and everything like that, and he, you know, he said, he didn't say it was like an inspiration, but he's like, I like doing the kind of thing that like soccer does. I like putting this information out there. So that's why it's really cool for us as developers to see him sort of putting this stuff out there into the world, like it's it's a great resource for people and everything like that. So I think this whole yeah, this whole arc of him has been icting. So it's I'm no, I'm just more curious than ever. No, we've seen an insight into how he develops, to see what his next game looks like.
Speaker 3: And this you know, in any moment, this could be his last game like that, there's choice. He could retire after this, he should retire like the man has done so much, worked like a madman on Smash.
Speaker 5: Is there a chance this is a new Smash? Brothers, Oh boy, Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think I think he just lets that team whoever has inherited that make the Ultimate version of Very Deltimate. I know, but they'll yes, they'll do it again on Switch.
Speaker 4: To The next Smash has to be a reboot because they just can't go bigger than Ultimate.
Speaker 2: Well I mean, I mean it doesn't have to.
Speaker 4: Be, but it's also Soccer has talked about how their Ultimate is a licensing nightmare and just so much work would have to be done to like reach back out to everybody all over again, Like they thought they wouldn't get characters like Cloud in Ultimate. They thought that would not happen, but they wanted it to be Ultimate. They wanted it to be everyone is here, and so they write out of their way to get everyone in there, and well.
Speaker 1: They don't have the return addresses for all those envelopes they sent out.
Speaker 5: I guess not randomized and scrambled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think all that work is why they stick with Ultimate and make superior.
Speaker 4: Sure, but yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm saying, like the next new Smash game, you can't just have like if a new Smash game comes out, you can't just keep rereleasing the same Smash game for every single new console for the you know, next fifty years or whatever.
Speaker 3: Eventually, it worked to Mario Kart, we worked with for Mario Kart eight to a certain extent, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's yeah, happened to one.
Speaker 4: That's your example that you're right.
Speaker 3: I just think that Nintendo is like, boy, that was a lot of money and not a lot of work, and we like that.
Speaker 4: There's a chance that that, yeah, again they could keep but the real additional work will not be done on that to make it a new game, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: No, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: I think it'll be very minimal work. It'll just be like they will might position in a way that makes it feel new. Sure, where it's all the DFCS included, so they called a new new.
Speaker 4: Right, it's like Ultimate Definitive Edition. They'll find a way to like market it.
Speaker 5: Something like that will happen next the exact.
Speaker 4: Same game that works within the confines of licensing and saying this is a new game. No, no, no licensers, we don't need to pay you again, like, yeah, this is just a re release.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, and if Nintendo needs you would hope all that work. They would like have built some of these contentions in place to know that that would be coming.
Speaker 4: But you're right that you think so you think they would have done that for four as well, and they didn't.
Speaker 5: Yes, they didn't. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Next real Smash Brothers, though, that'll come in here. I think, I think I agree with you that will be able to do it.
Speaker 5: And I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think Sacray will be involved with that either. So yeah, all right, rest dude, rest Jesus, we'll.
Speaker 5: Do something else, all right.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then the last Nintendo story, I have your Nintendo fans are down, Yes, they're down bad and are now drawing pictures of the switch to.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: There is a napkin sketch of the switch to and a doc and really the switch to itself, the tablet looks indistinguishable from I mean, maybe some of the buttons are in different places. I didn't really look that, but it looks like a switch tablet. And then the doc is it has a slant. Go outside, it has a slant you see, so instead of being just this this uh you know the pillars thill to just stands up straight, it goes back like a pyramid, like half of a pyramid.
Speaker 5: And so that's exciting because yeah.
Speaker 2: The switch dock knocks over if you just you know, the do the doc itself. Okay, wait, the dock, not the kickstand.
Speaker 3: Yes, the kickstands also, Okay, that was different on the kickstands kind of got like a cutout shape to it instead of the solid one that's on the leg.
Speaker 4: When you're not seeing the images, just like think of the dock as if it was shaped like it has a kickstand. It's just like, you know, kind of triangular. So it stands up a little bit and don't get knocked over.
Speaker 1: What is this based off of other than just someone drawing?
Speaker 3: Well, it's based on that going look at that slat like I do too. So really, what what the reason that this was worthy of talking about at all?
Speaker 5: Is nat Day?
Speaker 3: It is a good he knows his stuff, uh said he saw a similar design in September, and now this came from a separate place. So and this is probably somewhat accurate to a certain extent. We're going to start getting stuff.
Speaker 2: No question, go ahead, No, no, Dan, you first, please, do you think the doc is backwards compatible? Or we're gonna have two fucking docks underneath our two?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 4: One of these. You'll get a new dock. I wouldn't be surprised if it is backwards compatable.
Speaker 2: I would hope it's backwards compatible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I count.
Speaker 3: I'm like trying to think of like, unless there's something happening in the new dock, which I doubt, it should be backward compatible.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think this is all a misdirect folks. I don't think this is a switch to I think Nintendo is going to continue making weird appliances. Give me a toaster. No, I think I think it's gonna be a boom box or a little radio. Okay, after that, of like, hey, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know boom boxes, all kinds of electronics.
Speaker 4: That's what this is, and we're being misdirector that's what this yes to exactly.
Speaker 1: I see like the little handle kickstand they got going on there. You know what that could be. That could be a handle for a radio that you lift up.
Speaker 2: Give me a Nintendo bicycle, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, give me a Nintendo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo, yeah man that yo, you'l be fu make my bed a Nintendo.
Speaker 3: I would, I would buy a Nintendo bed. We would also advertise it on the podcast, because that's what you do with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Get a free yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: Uh, Nintendo eight years ago this week announced the switch, the original Inintendo switch. Eight years ago this week, they still have not announced the switch to for real.
Speaker 2: Uh what you said? Real? Shoot for shoot?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like a fishing reel. Yeah, I was confused myself. I don't know Nintendo fishing real?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: There you go, yeah, for all your soul caliber needs, right right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So eight years ago they did that. Now they have still not talked about the switch to.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Are they gonna announce this thing this year? Is it going to happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, we'll get a teaser. We'll get a teaser video that's roughly two minutes long that doesn't show us a lot. It'll have a sizzle reel, which is like flashes of games and there will be a more substantial one next year.
Speaker 5: Okay, what happened to switch?
Speaker 4: The original Switches reveal? Wasn't that in late October?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: And it was people in a roof. It was people this week disconnecting with things. What you're saying, you saw like two seconds of Mario wat to see like look at that. But then it was like later you saw the whole big rebret.
Speaker 1: What what celebrities do we think we're going to see an early marketing material?
Speaker 2: Jonah Hill, Yeah, that's it, those two say, Johnsey is call he was in the Cube.
Speaker 4: No, he was in the Cube.
Speaker 2: He loves Metroid and he was in the Cube. He had a whole design. Yeah, they put him then to put him in a cube the desert, the red in the desert, that's right, Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah. And then uh and and stone Cold will be in there. He'll be talking about his favorite Zelda.
Speaker 2: Think c oh, yeah, well you can't make up that he loves Zelda. That's my favorite part of the Stone Cold Zelda thing is you can't make it up. It's impossible, of course, Uh, working anyone in wrestling, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Not that's sacred. Yeah, yeah, is he ct guy? Then oh.
Speaker 3: It's working us. I see you can not make that up. Uh fans, Oh wait, that's the Naughty Dog's next game.
Speaker 5: They both start with end.
Speaker 3: Naughty dogs next next game will reportedly offer a lot of player freedom. Naughty Dog's upcoming game will will reportedly emphasize player freedom, according to min Max founder Bond, And the game has been like, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, it's weird.
Speaker 3: It has been likened to one with extensive player freedom, although it's not hit Man.
Speaker 5: I didn't listen to this. What I'm imagining happened is Ben said it's a game it's been like to to a game with a.
Speaker 3: Lot of player freedom. I'm not going to say what it is. And then Leo Vader was immediately like is it hit Man? And he'd be like, no, it wasn't hit Man.
Speaker 4: Probably this come from why are we talking about Ben knowing about Naughty dogs next game? He just like brought up our podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah on podcasts.
Speaker 3: He said he talked to someone who should know, and and they said it's going to be a game with a lot of player freedom. And I think the game despite everyone will rip their hair out from here this it's gonna be Breath of the Wild. They played Breath of the Wild, you know, seven years ago or whatever, eight years ago, and they're like, hey, yeah, this is really good. We should make games like this, and now here we are and that's the game.
Speaker 2: They're working on now, Like, oh, hell yeah, that would be Naughty Dog's Worms with like a Last of Us budget. That's that's the most give me a same those Worms looking nasty. I see some people who be like, oh, yeah, just trust me. Oh my uncle works in the Naughty Dog. I've known Ben Ants a long time. He would not say. He's not someone who's going to like say something on the air if he was not confident about it.
Speaker 5: No way, Yeah I don't.
Speaker 3: I've heard early response to this from people who like Naughty Dog games being like, uh, please just make narrative games.
Speaker 5: That's all we want good at that. Just make Yes, they are good at right there. They're taking they're taking a risk. But I like the sound of this. I think this sounds good.
Speaker 3: The people that made that awesome rope Physics from the Lastest Part two making a game where you can kind of do whatever you want with that stuff.
Speaker 2: Let's fucking go. I can't remember the rope Physics more than almost anything and Last of Us because it was the best thing in the game.
Speaker 4: It was it was.
Speaker 5: In the game.
Speaker 2: No, there wasn't a name one. I like LEVV was a good character.
Speaker 5: Cool. I like a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 2: I remember Lev. I'm liking that game. But it's very long and has a lot of flashbacks. It's the.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you like, yeah, sometimes that's necessary, but the rope physics is still the best of it. Maybe there's good stuff in there, rope Physics.
Speaker 4: I mess around. Bond is so tired of every Naughty Dog game being the exact same formula. First past what I think they are too, Yeah, that's what That's some pretty cool stuff.
Speaker 2: What freedom they're allowing is you can tuck in Nathan Drake's shirt.
Speaker 5: Now, wow, that you need authority vision.
Speaker 2: Cops would come to your house if you try to.
Speaker 5: Idn't okay.
Speaker 3: So I mean there could be player freedom that is something like hit Man, where it's like, here's the story, here's levels you can kind of here's a goal. You can do that goal in any way that you want. And they apparently not liking the Hitman, but there are like tears of openness, Like, do you guys think it will be like kind of like Brought the Wild, where here is a world, here is a guy you got to go beat. Now, go figure out how you're gonna do that throughout this entire thing.
Speaker 2: Don't want that in a Last of Us Naughty Dog world, I do. I think I do feels so dour the whole time, as opposed to the Last of Us part too Dan. Yeah, but here it's like the is Hey, revenge is wrong.
Speaker 4: So what are we going to do in this game?
Speaker 2: Revenge?
Speaker 5: Revenge? Well, I don't This is not necessarily going to be another dour game.
Speaker 2: This could be they've made.
Speaker 4: A good Jack and could be back in Dexter.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's Jack and Dexter. I'm back.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Rings of Power, Yeah, they made a Rings of Powers. No, it's a fucking do I have a name?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Look, the only reason I know this game is about the fighting game. No, it's a second Genesis game. The only reason I know this is because there was a code, because I wanted to buy this game for this reason, because I was always trying to find sneaky ways to see boobs that my mom wouldn't a find. That's why I took the pictures of the Hustler with the game Boy camera. There was a code and an EGM saying when the Naughty Dog logo shows up, type in this code, and a booby lady with full boobs on the Genesis is going to show up on the screen. I was like, there's no way if I get this game, my mom is gonna know the boob code. I'd be able to see boobs anytime I went to and I wanted to buy this Rings of Power game because it was easy code based access to boobs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, get tracks. Yeah, it all makes sense.
Speaker 2: Rings of Power, I think Rings the Power Genesis. Yeah, developed a Naughty Dog. Yeah yeah, do you remember the book code le I'm gonna see real quick. Okay, yeah, here it is. The coding question is okay? On controller two, when you turn on the Genesis, you press A plus B, plus C plus downright plus start on ConTroll or two. As you turn on the Genesis, the Naughty Dog will come up, followed by the topless woman and then here's a gift and oh yeah, okay, pretty well rendered boobs for a second Genesis.
Speaker 1: If you ask me what's gonna I didn't just do that for extra life instead of quiet Man.
Speaker 2: Coden rings a power for twelve hours. No, Dan, that would be stupid. You can't right, right right, We'll taking it seriously.
Speaker 5: It's for the children.
Speaker 2: Oh right, they shouldn't see that yet.
Speaker 3: I Hey, I'm interested in any sort of increased player freedom. I think that's where I'm at with a lot of these narrative driven campaign games where it's like, we are going to build a story for you, you go through it and do what we what.
Speaker 5: We want you to do, and I just am purstill at that every time. Now.
Speaker 3: I have a hard time with that these days. So for me, this sounds like music through my ears. I think that maybe it could also be a poor business decision. I guess what the wait see.
Speaker 4: Clearly that's what the fans want, is they like where all this stuff has been going. I I know plenty of people who absolutely love Blasphous Part two and just everything the Right Dog's doing, and it seems to be selling well. So yeah, it's definitely a risk. I am kind of curious, Jeff, did you have an example of like where you would like them to go, Like a Spider man more along the lines of what you're at. That's pretty narda driven to at least in two.
Speaker 5: No, no, yeah, we would have to be.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: When I when I think of Player of Freedom, I think of elden Ring, and I think of Rest of the Wild those things.
Speaker 5: Yes, just like, hey, here's some stuff, figure it out, and I really.
Speaker 3: Enjoyed that if I feel empowered by that, where it's like, oh, they trust me, and then I go that's where like when I go play something Red Dead Redemption two, I try to have that same experience in the games, like, no, game over, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: You can't do that?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: So right, I kind of want them to, Yeah, I want them to least lean towards open sounds like they might be going full boor into that, And there was conversations after last of His Part two came out in the years following that where some of the head people at Naughty Dog, We're talking about, we played some recent games and we're like pretty impressed by this thing. And I think they were at that point. I think they were talking about elden Ring maybe so yeah, I don't know, we'll have to wait and see. Uh, but yeah, I'm you still seem skeptical, and I don't blame you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's less so uh Naughty Dog, but more so PlayStation as a whole. Maybe perhaps learning the wrong lessons from other Triple A titles and instead of adapting or incorporating stuff that people really enjoyed from Elden Ring, Tears of the Kingdom, et cetera, they'd just be I don't know too they be they would lean all the way and get into Red Dead Redemption two, which at least I know for sure. Three of the people I don't know, I forget where you stand on it, Sean.
Speaker 4: Snot video game.
Speaker 2: There we go, there we go.
Speaker 4: Animation for opening at George.
Speaker 2: And okay, I'm right there with you, brother brother Hey, which Rings the Power the only game that had a nude code for shoot?
Speaker 4: That's that can't be true.
Speaker 2: I mean try to think.
Speaker 3: I mean the thing like, I'm like, like, I need to go actually see this for myself to see if like you really like not like pasties.
Speaker 2: Like nipple, straight up nipple, look it up. That's crazy to me because posted posting the chat post post that boom, it's not going to become anymore boo. It's not gonna be any I.
Speaker 4: Feel like we just leap frog the time period of actually needing a code for it, where we just got you. Hey, adult games can just exists, got it, Chuckowsky's got it.
Speaker 3: There is DLC for There's nipple, DLC for the saboteur where you had to pay ten dollars to get the nipples.
Speaker 5: If you body is it's.
Speaker 1: Nude, yes, yeah, yeah, I'm I'm not leaning in to see them better. It's just the the the ladies eyes.
Speaker 2: You can see why I would see that in like a teaching tricks and be like, I gotta get this game. Yeah, those are that's a boom, you know, but her eyes are a little too oo wu.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: This is not anime chat.
Speaker 4: I'm not turning that into an EMO. The hell up.
Speaker 5: Don't worry. I'm on it, everybody.
Speaker 2: This is why we don't give friends at the site power to make emaols. Yeah uh, all right, imagine if they brought that back like Last of Us Part two, there's a boot coach of the logo freedom, you know, glad, Yeah your remote Yeah, Jack has a real.
Speaker 5: Nice pair, if you know what I mean. Absolutely, Yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, FBC fire Break is remedies three player control multiplayer game. Microsoft had their showcase last week.
Speaker 5: We talked over it. There were some interesting games there. Well, we'll hit a couple of them.
Speaker 3: FBC fire Break is remedy three player controlled multiplayer game.
Speaker 2: It is looking left for deadlike.
Speaker 3: It is scheduled for release in twenty twenty five, coming to Xbox Series, x n S NPC. It'll be available on game Pass on day one. The game is not intended to be a lesser version of control, but rather a fully formed standalone experience. They've been working on it for a while. It did look like it's going to have all the trappings and the sort of vibe of control, but in a multiplayer cooperative campaign experience. I guess I'm not sure actly how the gameplay is going to work, but it looked interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm with it. I enjoy three person cooperative games. That seems like something we should definitely stream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely interested in that.
Speaker 1: And lake House is out today. I really really want to check it out.
Speaker 5: Yep, Yes, that is available now.
Speaker 3: Then, Sumnatica two has been announced. It's also coming to game Pass. It is a full sequel to Symnatica.
Speaker 5: There you go. Great yeah, I've never I've never still never played Symnatica. They go start with this one.
Speaker 2: It multiplayer the first one.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I think this one might be cooperative. I think trying to feel like I remembered hearing that. But either way, this one also coming out next year, so twenty twenty five, and again Game Past Day one. There were some other stuff in that showcase, but yeah, you can go watch the talk over you want to see it. Vampire Survivors is getting Castlevania D'll see you later this month.
Speaker 5: That's finally happening.
Speaker 3: Vampire Survivors owed to Castle being a DLC pack is coming October thirty first for PC, Switch, Xbox, PS five, PS four, and mobile for four dollars, which is about as much as the game itself cost. And the reason is that it's that expensive. Is expensive quote unquote is that it's it's yeah, but the reason some other is, well, like Cassavania or I'm sorry, Contra, wasn't that expensive.
Speaker 5: The reason they're charging more for this one is there's a ton of stuff in here.
Speaker 3: They're saying, this is the biggest DLC pack they've ever done. Twenty new characters, including Belmont's bell Nades, forty new weapons, and thirty new music tracks, including some really really good remixes of stuff like Vampire Killers.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yes, good stuff right there.
Speaker 5: It'll have a new enemies including mud men, ghosts, and flea men.
Speaker 2: All the stars all the stars here.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't love flea man. He's a really annoying but yeah, he's always hopping at you. But I like I still pop on its.
Speaker 5: Merman. I love shooting out of the water.
Speaker 7: Yeah, give me some of those clocked our heads. Yeahdua, it's the fly guys. Yeah, uh yes, guy, Okay, Mario Mario Vampire Survivors. That they what they say they did Mario Dynasty Warriors, but they didn't do that.
Speaker 5: That was a rumor.
Speaker 4: I heard.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 4: Holy I still remember that time where Mike really wanted to know that piece of information before you shared it, and so you like DM him live op podcast and he just like cracked up. He just lost his happen.
Speaker 5: Uh man, that would rule that still happened, but uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Vampire Survivors, Casylvania, D'LC and Ode to Castlevania coming out Halloween Day.
Speaker 5: October thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh, Yeah, they know what they're doing with that game.
Speaker 3: Definitely, and I'm glad that they were able to be like, yeah, this was very Castlevanian inspired.
Speaker 5: Let's just work together. That's such a good way to deal with this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Netflix has shut down It's Triple A team Blue Studio. Netflix has shut down the studio in southern California. It was established in twenty twenty two and had acquired veteran developers like chack O, Sonny, Joseph Stateon, and Raf Grissetti. Joseph Staateton most recently was at three four three working on Halo. The company has offered mobile games through its app and produced original video content on games, but has yet to find a major hit game.
Speaker 5: The closest success was Point B, a mobile game published by Devolver Digital, which received critical.
Speaker 3: Acclaim they were supposed to go on and make massive games, but like you know, Google and Amazon before it, they were like, oh wow, this is way harder than we thought it would be. We would just thought we would just hire a bunch of people and that would it would take care of itself. And we never looked over at like a company like Ubisoft that has as many employees as we basically have just to make seven games every once in a while. So yeah, they are backing out of this basically, not that they're backing out of games, but making their own first party Netflix games.
Speaker 5: That seems like they're going to de emphasize that and not too surprised. That's just the way it goes with these tech companies, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing Netflix making a gigantic push to get into games, and then just this just seems to be where the cards are falling for them.
Speaker 5: Yep. Blueber Team claims it's finished making shitty games.
Speaker 2: Finally, and I'm done making shitty podcasts.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I'm still on them, so sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Blueber Team has acknowledged it's mixed reputation from past projects and declared that it.
Speaker 5: Is done making quote shitty games.
Speaker 3: It spoke a game spot about this, basically saying we learned a lot from making sound Hill too. We've heard a lot of the criticism criticisms for our games before that. We are making this new game, Kronos. It's coming out soon, Cronos the New Dawn, and we promise it's going to be more on the side of soun Hill too than our other stuff because we've improved and gotten better, and I think that there's a lot of people in the horror like fandom that would welcome that because they do make a lot of games and people want to like these games. I think they're at least you know, they're coming around. Like especially after Sound two, I think, hey, what a bluebird, What if you just made more good games? And I think they'd be open to that, And I'm kind of willing to give them a chance and say, hey, maybe they can actually pull that off. Clearly, it could be Silent Hill too, which just provided the structure that they needed to make something decent.
Speaker 5: But maybe they also did learn and that's what they're saying here.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping they learned you too.
Speaker 3: Finally, io Interactive hopes it's young James Bonds will star in a big double seven trilogy.
Speaker 5: Io Interactive aims to make their upcoming James Bond game the.
Speaker 2: First of a trilogy.
Speaker 3: The game will feature an original story and a new Bond created specifically for the gamers. iOS he's the lack of recent Bond games as an advantage since.
Speaker 5: It prevented overexposure.
Speaker 3: They helped to create a lasting impact with their game, defining James Bond, James Bond in.
Speaker 5: Gaming for years to come.
Speaker 3: That sounds like the right way to take it, right and don't try to like hop onto Aaron Taylor Johnson, whoever's going to be the new James Bond, just go make your own thing for the gamers. And how do you feel about the Hey we're going to make a trilogy though, because that was something you used to hear back in the day a lot like, hey, this new game series is going to be a trilogy. These are tis yeah too human right the three sixty ear it was right with that stuff.
Speaker 1: I trust IOI to make a trilogy though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyone was gonna say that this this is why the developers I'm like, yeah, I could. I could see them doing it, even if you know they have to spend something that wasn't successful in the first game, I'd see them turning around in the second game because you know, him Man trilogy, the recent one has been very.
Speaker 5: Very really yeah really worked.
Speaker 4: They commit I could maybe they don't say it before the game's even how Yeah, yeah, I think the idea is, hey, we have a long term investment in this.
Speaker 5: We want people to buy into this new James Bond and stick with them for a long time. But I don't know. If the game is good, that'll sort of take care of itself. I imagine we probably see that relatively soon. I'm getting more and more curious about this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe game award time.
Speaker 5: Yeah maybe, yeah, maybe even that soon. That would be awesome, you know, not necessarily, but maybe.
Speaker 2: I hear Sorry, Dan, no, no please, I just want to point out some much on the chatty real quick. In case a quick aside. We were talking about Echo Point Nova earlier. The chad our Will says, playing Echo Point Nova while listening, tried to grapple onto an enemy, but they fired a rocket at me and I accidentally grappled the rocket while it was moving through the air. That's the type of game we're talking about, and that we're gonna play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, rope physics on that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, IOWI here, come come close, come close. We're friends, you know, Dan and I visited your studio. It was lovely.
Speaker 2: We had hot dogs while we're in Copenhagen.
Speaker 1: Here's an idea. I get ready to cut the check. Yeah, we could do a James Bond game. Sure, that's a that's an ip that's easy to adapt with a Hitman engine. What about we make a three Stooges game.
Speaker 4: I played this co op three Stooges.
Speaker 2: With hit Man. That sounds mechanics.
Speaker 5: That sounds incredible. Actually, oh my god, I.
Speaker 4: Was nice, the Three Stooges, right.
Speaker 5: Would they like like the Three Stooges in k fabe? Would they even know what their mission is?
Speaker 2: Is there an arrow or is it just like goat simulators? Just throw them in a city and see what happens? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think somewhere with your goat simulator and Hitman?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, finally, Yeah, we've all been clamoring for this, y'all.
Speaker 5: That's what we have.
Speaker 3: The word clamoring for this. Probably, yes, that would be incredible. But I wonder if they hear that, what the hell are these guys talking about?
Speaker 2: You invite them to the studio one time? All right?
Speaker 5: That does it for the news I have here, Janaman in the show, back over to you, mother.
Speaker 1: Mother, fantastic mother. We're gonna read some emails after this quick break. Emails BombCast giant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send your emails. To write any and everything. If you want to avoid an awkward social situation and uh, maybe your date goes to the bathroom and you just have no one to text, send us an email. If you got a fun quiz you're thinking of, send us, send an email. If you see a fun cute dog in the street, or it's your fun cute dog, send us an email at Bombcasts at GiantBomb dot com. First email today comes from Alice. And I don't know if Alice intended for me to read this email on the podcast, but this is just going to be another thing that I'm not going to clear with anyone else. I'm just gonna say, and it's just gonna be long.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Hello, I got really depressed about a year ago and bought a restaurant, great hot dog roller. I've already filmed trying to cook a Totino's pizza role on the roller parentheses doesn't work, But if you want me to try other foods, I can do so. Also, I live in La. If you just want to borrow at anytime you have shows, you can, Alice. Well, there we go, Alice. You can come to GB at night, right, Alice, it come to GB at night. If we can borrow this hot dog roller?
Speaker 5: Oh man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, hey, GB at night, the little green room we got, it's always been a fun time. I feel like it's just growing bigger and bigger. It's got a nice party atmosphere. You know what that party is missing? Hot dogs roller.
Speaker 2: See if a cucumber could roll, roll like the five dice from the Yachta tumbler onto it and see what happened to dice?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a floppy steak, Yeah yeah, tots.
Speaker 2: Shoe shoe dam shoe Yeah yeah, an apple, oh for sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Cereal?
Speaker 1: Oh syrup, a whole box of cereal syrup.
Speaker 2: Syrup's not gonna roll milk a bottle of syrup mite?
Speaker 5: Uh, you have insurance on this roller, Alice? If you insurance?
Speaker 1: If you intended on I don't know using this restaurant, great hot dog roller to open up a hot dog cart.
Speaker 2: Maybe you shouldn't lend it to us because it is a restaurant.
Speaker 4: Great. Can we put a watermelon on.
Speaker 2: That bad boy?
Speaker 1: I saw I saw a video of it. Uh, maybe like if we cut a watermelon in half.
Speaker 3: We can get one of those many watermelons. Yeah, genetically modified? Are we modifying these things genetically, if not, to see if they.
Speaker 2: Will roll pumpkins, pumpkin pumpkin Gords laser terminator two right, right, right, yeah, I said tape.
Speaker 5: You guys ever put a CD in the microwave?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've never done it.
Speaker 2: Frimes did it in my microwave in my dorm room, so sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What about marshmallows? Yeah that could be good for.
Speaker 4: How toasty they get before they just like slip down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, peeps, Oh yeah we could. We could just start a whole new podcast about.
Speaker 4: Well it roll?
Speaker 1: Yeah, gleefully asking each other will it roll? Just think about the possibilities it opens up from there? Yeah, another hot dog roller perhaps. Oh now we're talking. Oh wait, marbles? Yeah, we could have a marble right yeah.
Speaker 2: Bones, yeah, full skeleton and we'll leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Whether they're human bones or not, we'll find out later this year. Uh. Travis and Fargo continues to write in and dominating the email segment by just having a bunch of rapid fire questions. Travis offers four questions to us this week. Did you accomplish what you wanted to this summer?
Speaker 2: Fuck? No, no, absolutely never, no, no, absolutely not for shoot.
Speaker 1: Next question from Travis, I'm finishing up writing my annual Halloween D and D mini campaign, and this it's tangentially related to Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Do you have any fun spooky suggestions for thematic traps or villains.
Speaker 2: The big chair that talks will eat you if you land on that space. I don't know if there's faces in Dandy.
Speaker 4: Large Marge an entire campaign that is just a recreation of night trap.
Speaker 1: The giant dinosaur that Pee Wee goes into one of in one of those movies comes to life and eats him, or it turns out it's a it's a shoot dinosaur this whole time.
Speaker 5: A an adult movie theater, we have police patrom.
Speaker 2: Okay okay uh.
Speaker 1: A gang of bikers throws a bottle of tequila at you, and that's a negative against you.
Speaker 2: You get an offer to being a Johnny Depp movie about cocaine.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I'm really saying right now, I don't know anything about Pee Hermane.
Speaker 2: I know the movie. There's tremendously talented. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ye, he's dead a couple of years.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Two more questions from Travis. Here if it was revealed at noon tomorrow that every bottle of mountain dew on store shelves would increase one's lifespan by six to twelve hours.
Speaker 2: What do you think would happen to society? It'd be like gas stations laughter nine to eleven, where everyone's like, there's gonna be like lines at every grocery store and gas station to go buy all the mountain dew and it'll be gone within like a day. And yeah, he would be drinking a lot.
Speaker 5: And then I think that you know, there would be like the CEO of the Young Corporation who owns Pepsi is.
Speaker 2: The Young Brands is Pepsi, Taco Bell KFC.
Speaker 5: Mister, you would become like a god king, Yeah, and would hoard most of it and would only a dole the spare bottles he has upon his most loyal subjects.
Speaker 2: I think they should give the mountain dew to the hospitals and the people who are sick. I think they should get all the mountain dew. And in this scenario, not normally do.
Speaker 4: You think like retro mond becomes like a delicacy at that point, like like the malar saw ad four cans become this lost relic of a different age.
Speaker 2: Yes, because it would become like a medical thing. Yeah, and they would change the cans to be boring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean so yeah, because like if you did have access to all the mountain dew you could, you would outlive everybody and it would be like, you know, ten thousand years from now, if you were able to drink it up.
Speaker 5: Do you think you'd be able to drink enough mountain dew to live forever? Well?
Speaker 2: No, well there's a finite amount of mountain dew.
Speaker 5: Well, when you can keep making more mountain dew, No, you can make the.
Speaker 2: Factory is still working fine, but like there is going to be like a heat death of the universe. So I don't think you can say forever. Well if poor mountain dew on the world, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Poor mountain dew into the sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we're just being stupid.
Speaker 5: Six to twelve hours longer up sun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, last question from Travis here, what's the most elebrate Halloween costume you've ever made or worn?
Speaker 5: I think probably the raccoon Mario. When I was a kid, it was like I was a whole get up.
Speaker 3: I also had like zombie makeup one year but that was, like, I don't see this in stores anymore. They had zombie makeup where you would just like put on a layer and then you could like peel it off and would look like skin was coming out.
Speaker 2: They still do that. They they still have that.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I did that a couple of years and that was that was fun.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't usually dress up for Halloween.
Speaker 5: You're already dressed as a clown.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, but I did you this episode.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. Heavy.
Speaker 4: So, I think the most elaborate thing I've ever done is back when this movie first came out. I dressed up as Johnny Depp's take on the Mad Hatter, like you, full makeup and everything, and like yeah that the hat, the way, the clothes, everything. It was pretty elaborate, like getting you know, I was in what that was like the end of high school when that came out, like the early twenty tns. So yeah, I went to Goodwill with some friends and we were very thrifty with our stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay, I went to good Will once and went for Halloween is a Vampire Pimp. Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: It was the most onbo Wind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like I was like sixteen. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was very cool.
Speaker 1: I've made a couple of elaborate cardboard costumes for Halloween. But for some reason, when I read this the first time, I thought of in the second grade, when I, for whatever reason, I begged my mom, Mom, can I be Zorro for Halloween?
Speaker 2: Oh? Guy?
Speaker 1: So I went on one of the bus home with my little pencil mustache that my mom drew on my face, and like the hat and like the mask and everything with my little sword.
Speaker 2: It was great, nice man.
Speaker 5: I love Zorro.
Speaker 2: I uh, not elaborate. I was slash once and I went to a bar and there were two other slashes. I'll put a picture in the chat there. There's just three slashes hanging out. Yeah, if you which one is me?
Speaker 5: Incredible? Oh?
Speaker 4: I was gonna ask is this when you had the slash hair? No?
Speaker 2: No, I had to wig for that. Okay, god, yeah, incredible. Actually don't know you at least the middle.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, right, the left one right?
Speaker 2: Well left, maybe a middle slash?
Speaker 5: All right, I'll slash hit the one in the middle.
Speaker 2: Oky, doky, gents, what is this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, fine, fine, fine, fine fine, Uh next email. I don't have who it's written by, but this person has a question about.
Speaker 2: The Gears of War franchise.
Speaker 1: Nope, I totally wrote it wrong in my head and out loud and on this page. I've never played any Gears of War. Seriously, maybe y'all can answer this lingering question. Does any bad guy ever tell the main character you look like Carcass Phoenix to me and then attempt to kill him?
Speaker 2: No, it's not really a Quippi like Arnold one liner series so much. It's a big dumb action series, but not really Quippi.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's too good of a joke for that series.
Speaker 2: Sure it's a serious series about war and philosophy and stuff.
Speaker 5: Sure, Yeah, of metaphor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't it brown?
Speaker 3: It was like Earth back when brown and gray were basically the same color, and that's all the Xbox three sixty could produce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, instead of orange and teal with movies, it was just gray, brown and gray?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Final email comes from John from Greece. What the hell happened to many consoles and they disappeared from the face.
Speaker 5: Of the earth.
Speaker 1: A Minips two would be great. A Nintendo sixty four, many would be amazing, And I would cool for a Gamecu Mini with an itty bitty handle, Oh my god, so cute. Thanks John from Grease.
Speaker 2: I kind of blame them for like I always liked messing around with like emulation stuff and everything, like back in college and downloading programs and stuff. But then like, oh, you can hack the nes many and then put all this other stuff on it, and like that was super fun. And then I remember uh Ron Funchs on the Beast Cast and told me about the Nvideo Shield Pro that he just carried around with him when he was on tour, and he's like, I've got all this I got retro arch on here with everything, like so it was like the mini consoles and like the INN Video Shield that like kind of started this whole crazy descent into misters and you know, all sorts of emulation and then just buying the shoot stuff. So I kind of I kind of blame them for that, and I love them, and I've always won of the sixty four to one. I've one of the game game. As much as I don't like the Game Boy, I would love a Game Boy Many. I would love an sp well do I because I basically had that I've got an sp and I've got ever drives for everything. I've got game boys, I got game Boy Pocket, game Boy Color with the drives for all of them. I've got an analog. I've got nine thousand ways to play every game of times. What the fuck am I talking about? Shut up me, Shut up me.
Speaker 5: You would still buy one?
Speaker 2: Eye would oh, absolutely one, one to keep sealed and I would play. Yeah.
Speaker 4: That being said, me and Grubbed both know the reason they stopped is because we reached the point where it'd be too difficult to produce one and just not cost effective.
Speaker 5: Not cost effective. Yeah, these things, you know in sixty four surprising a little bit more complicated. Also, you know, licensing rights gets a little bit more as things get newer and newer. It's like, it's gonna be a little bit harder to get games from third parties. And I think they're just like, it's not going to be worth it.
Speaker 4: And sixty four is the last console you could have done it. You could get Yeah, even that would have required a more powerful chip than they were putting in those machines to run out like full speed. And then once again, I.
Speaker 3: Think it'd make it cost effective now, but they just seem like we're just gonna make an alarmo and so that for one hundred games.
Speaker 4: Even so they were basically doing like Raspberry pie. What would that have been like three ish era chips. Yeah, that would be able to do it pretty easily, right, but that struggles with you know, and sixty four and a more expensive chip, a newer chip, you know that would cost more. And then you get into PS two you actually start needing like at least a mini yeah, PS two. So that's why we've never gotten anything more in that.
Speaker 2: How many of us pre ordered the analog three D ME Okay, you're the old like.
Speaker 4: As a giant bomb. Once spend a lot of money on something.
Speaker 2: Hey, it plays into going to do that.
Speaker 5: I did. I also pre ordered the controller U too controller controller started.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if if it's supported open f P g A, I would have been their day one. But because it just plays N sixty four cards and that's all it does, Like you for.
Speaker 2: That, That's what I'm saying, Like I'm waiting play sixty four now, so within sixty four controllers hones c R T, which I do, so I really can do everything. Well, no, this is for HDMI. That's why I got this.
Speaker 5: That's right. But but is the Mister in sixty four Core is it like.
Speaker 4: It's up just enough? Yeah, they're still working on it. It's still getting there. It's still work in progress. So analogs probably will be better when that comes out sometime next year. But yeah, they're still working on the Mister Core. I'm waiting for, you know, Taki Don is starting to do all of his mister Clone stuff. I'm waiting for his promised mister Handheld because he said he did confirm that we'll have video out via a DOC and maybe even just U SBC. So a mister handheld that is just I can play, you know, mister quality, mister quality simulation in a handled form also dock it and yeah he said the target is one fifty Like yep, that would be awesome and that was perfect. That would be my f PGA, like you know, mister that style of gaming device.
Speaker 5: Did he did he ever do his open source converter Clone.
Speaker 4: No, because that's going to be built into the high end product. That's yeah, it seems like no, it seems like Jeff, it's going to be a new PVM but using you know, like a modern like, oh, let's green and filters to get the same effect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like, I hope that's cool. I hope that's good for people. We're talking about like something that can basically pass as a CRT.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would be a little thing you put on your dead you know, like a PVM, Like is that what you have?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, this is a personal video monitor from a Panasonic.
Speaker 4: So those like extend pretty far back. I assume this would be kind of like a cube little thing you put on like the edge of your desk. And then also you could like I'll put to a TV or something if you want to play on some bigger.
Speaker 3: Oh, LEDs are definitely the way to go for that because you can really just fake the CRT effects pretty effectively with that. So yeah, I'm excited. But yeah, mini consoles, Like we look at what Nintendo did. They had a couple and then they did a couple of the handhelds, they did the two of the game and watches, and now they're doing Alarmo. That is the lineage there of here's the holiday product and we're putting a little microchip and I had a little screen on a device. What are we going to do with it, and I think they're like, instead of an N sixty four or another handheld, we're just going to start making like little weird boutique items that we could sell for a lot of money.
Speaker 5: And it worked on me very profitable.
Speaker 4: By the way, just real quick, because we were mentioning that last discussion. Open up PGA as well allows you to play other cores, other systems on the l og pocket. Yes, I know Analog's consoles never do that. That's because the consoles came out before open up PGA, So right, kind of hoping beyond this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's on the it's on the Analytic pocket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it probably wasn't really it was not a duo either, which I think was at least in production before the pocket. It may have come out after the pocket. But yeah, so that don't supporty.
Speaker 5: I mean they might.
Speaker 3: They might keep it as a proprietary future for the poet or you know, a exclusive future for the pocket.
Speaker 2: That's we either way to do that.
Speaker 4: The three d's firmware will get jail broke in. You'll be able to do that. So when that happens, if I don't already have like a mister that's ben I'll pick that up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two fifties I think a good price for it.
Speaker 4: I guess you can kind of.
Speaker 3: I was already thinking about getting an sixty four one that like HDMI I'd used on the on the on the big TV.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 4: It's cheaper. Yeah, it's cheaper than getting a HMI mod and sixty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah yep, okay, okay, okay. That about does it for emails. This week BombCast at giant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails too. Boys, what do we learned today? We learned all about different types of balls, water balls, ball coins. We learned that these three sorry he just jimmed the camera, these three and Mike Manatti just won't stop running. They can't stop speed running astrobuts. We also learned that Jeff Grubb may potentially have an Oedipus complex.
Speaker 2: Shouts out to.
Speaker 1: Moms out there, hot dogs, Hot dogs, hot dogs. We learned that there's no more menacing site than seeing the Dark Knight Batman cross chopping fools, especially if it's you leading him through a cross chop. We also learned the flea man sucks, and we learned that Dan is indeed the middle slash folks. We got a lot of stuff popping off on the website every damn week, but games Morning's popping off for the rest of the week, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday Ghosts and Grublin's returns. Maybe we'll play more than one scary game, but who knows. I really liked that Muppet one from last week. And also what comes Back of the King? No not Lord of the Rings three. Lucy James returns to the Blake Club to continue her journey.
Speaker 2: Through the Blight. Oh Lucy, I'm so sorry, my dear friend.
Speaker 1: Thursday, Connectivity Compadres gets back together to play Echo Point Nova as well as Voicemail Dump Truck popin Off. Later that day, Friday, we will have a BCR.
Speaker 2: We're going to determine the Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Of spoopy games as well as having the Astrobot Invitational two telling how elections.
Speaker 2: Coming out Mount Rushmore Presidents. Good idea. Maybe we should we do do it. I don't know.
Speaker 5: We do video game presidents like we do? What's talking about that?
Speaker 1: Everybody definitely definitely not the Nino Cooney too.
Speaker 2: Guy I said that. I said that, and g is like we already got one of those mount restmean presidents, Like, oh that is the whole gimmick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, And then then and then you said, I sometimes I surprise even I was very surprised by that.
Speaker 5: Holy that rule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was so excited.
Speaker 1: Boys, we got anything else popping off this week? Oh you know what Extra life is coming, gentlemen, right, A whole slew of fun folk are heading over to Dan's place to uh do extra life all together. In person, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: For that next weekend on November second, that's when we are confirmed doing the Midwest stuff over at Dan's place, starting around noon Central and going just way late into the night like we do every time. A whole bunch of hijings we got. We're starting to plan here. It's gonna be a lot of fun. And then Jan, you're planning on doing stuff that same weekend at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: If you missed the top of the show, if you're watching live, I'm gonna do twelve hours of the Quiet Man in silence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also quiet Jan.
Speaker 1: And also if I say anything audible that gets picked up on the mic, we're gonna restart it. But also you're gonna have a meter, You're gonna have a gauge, gonna have a voicemaire. Yeah, uh, donations sixty nine dollars and above. I'll just have to restart that game after they not after watching not after watching that opening cuting.
Speaker 2: So if like four sixty nine's coming in a round, that means you have to watch the opening cut scene four times before you can make progress in the game. It might be five hours before you control that game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't think about that. You're right, Oly Crow.
Speaker 2: He's not going to beat the game. There's no no way, no, But this is the way it was meant to be played.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and if somehow we managed to beat the game somehow, we're gonna keep playing it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep playing it until we finished those out Oh my god, what if you did?
Speaker 5: Wow, I think the twelve hours will come first, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I never know.
Speaker 1: What our audience, it's the best video game audience, as you say, Jeff Grubb. But you know what else, Jeff Grubb, is happening later this year. What's happening one night We're gonna do one night in Los Angeles GB at Night, the night right before the Video Game Awards.
Speaker 5: Wednesday, December eleventh.
Speaker 2: That sounds right true.
Speaker 1: It is not a ticketed event, so no worries, folks. We will be streaming it live from the Phantom LA Studio. Yeah, you know, we're gonna have a bunch of fun guests as we normally do, and folks, maybe keep your papers peeped right before the Game Awards. Stuff yet to be announced, but some big things popping off. Mister Backlar spinning lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of plates.
Speaker 5: Boys.
Speaker 1: That about does it for the Giant BombCast. He's been dan, he's been sewn, he's been grub, I've been janning.
Speaker 2: You at home have been fantastic. We'll see you next week. Pour up another episode of the Time podcast. I Love you, Goodbye,