Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI Am six forty Hi Am six forty.
Speaker 2: Bill Handle Morning, host of Strength laid off the cleverly entitled Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: I don't know who came up with that, probably me.
Speaker 2: This Saturday, that is tomorrow seven o'clock KFIS News is KFI News reporter anchor Michael Monks will host a KFI News special.
Speaker 1: La Fire is a path forward.
Speaker 2: Two hour special exploring the wildfires and the path to recovery, which is now what we are truly concerned with.
Speaker 1: No surprise, Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy Junior has been confirmed as Secretary of HHS Health and Human Services. This sort of wraps up the controversial heads of departments that heretofore would never ever have even denominated. But Trump nominates some really weird people, gets them in because he is an outlier, truly, and this is a president who I've never seen have more power over his party party members, Congress people, senators are scared to death.
Speaker 1: Of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: They do anything he says, no matter what why, because well, it's more important for them to get re elected than it is for the good of the country. I truly believe that I can't believe that every single senator truly believes that RFK Junior should be Health and Human Service as Secretary, or that Gabbard should be head of National Intelligence or Pete Hegseeth should be the Defense secretary, because all of them think that, well, that's kind of crazy. But RFK. Here's the issue with RFK. How about this conspiracy theory he's about vaccine, AIDS, anthrax, his uncle John F. Kennedy, assassination, COVID nineteen sunlight gender dysphoria five G. I mean caught up in conspiracy theories that all of that, Well, vaccines will destroy you, it'll they'll kill you. AIDS vaccine came out of a lab, but we're specifically engineered by the Chinese to not affect Ashkenazi Jews.
Speaker 1: Or I think was black people.
Speaker 2: The only one I cared about is ashcan Aser Jews because that's what I am. And I didn't get COVID because he's absolutely right. COVID accempted me because that's who I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: How about the worm eating part of his brain that's very strong and a couple of things about it. During the hearings, he was asked specifically about you are against vaccines. Of course he deflected and he went the other way and he said, I'm not completely against vaccine. My kids are vaccinated. He was completely against vaccines, But.
Speaker 1: Deflex doesn't answer the question.
Speaker 2: I think the most interesting part about the confirmation is Senator Bill Cassidy from Louisiana, who when he was in state government in Louisiana is a doctor. He led the fight to vaccinate kids for I think it was hepatitis. He led that fight. That was his fight for vaccines. And he went ahead and still confirmed. During the hearings, he nailed our FK about that and in the end voted to move the nomination forward. And all of this is just absolute proof that Donald Trump that everybody has complete deference, especially was up for reelection. Here comes Kennedy up for or Cassidy up for reelection in twenty twenty six. Trump makes it very clear, you go against anything that I propose, including nominees, I will primary you out.
Speaker 1: You are done as.
Speaker 2: A politician, and that what he's done. That and so these people who are elected, and I truly believe this, they care more about their reelection.
Speaker 1: Than they do about the good of the country.
Speaker 2: Now, one argument they have which makes some sense, saying, if I don't get re elected, I can do nothing. I cannot push an agenda that I believe is good for the country. And in rfk's defense, which there's not a lot to defend as far as I'm concerned, he has said, and I believe him somewhat, maybe seventy percent, that the health of Americans, chronic disease is an existential threat to the United States.
Speaker 1: We have the highest rate of heart disease in the world.
Speaker 2: Our mortality rate is dropping, a lot of it because of fentanyl, but it's an opioids, but it's still dropping. And we're just not a very healthy society. Mortality rate. I mean, we're you know, the richest country in the world virtually is number.
Speaker 1: Forty one or forty two in the world.
Speaker 2: I mean, that says a lot about our health system, and it doesn't say anything good. Our health system is broken completely, and he says we have to redo it. By the way, that part of it had, that part of his policy a bipartisan support, so we don't do He wants to remove junk food from school lunches.
Speaker 1: That's what makes him taste good. There's no junk food. The kids don't eat all right, there's an argument there, but a lot of school lunches.
Speaker 2: That sort of program actually fall to the Department of Agriculture. Now, Cassidy said to him during the hearings, if you come out on a equivocally vaccines are safe, it does not cause autism. That would have an incredible impact. That's your power. So what's it going to be? He deflected, total deflection. As you've seen over and over again, it does not matter. I have often said this, and I believe it to be true. If Charles Manson were alive and Trump nominated him as Attorney General, he would be confirmed. Swastika carved into his forehead with a razor blade and all a lot of power there. Okay, Now, workspace, returning to work, keeping on working remotely, big controversy going on Amazon, and this is one of the bigger stories that sort of brought this to the surface. Told hundreds of thousands of employees, you're back at your desks full time and you're working looking for another job if you don't, and one of the hitches, there aren't enough office spaces for them. Now you can do that with office employees obviously people in front of computer. It is more difficult the employees and the fulfillment centers to say we want to work remotely and not go back to the center. That is a joke, because it is hard to put a box of something in a box if you're not there.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, very deep, very deep.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, that sent shock waves across the tech world. Why because Amazon has three hundred and fifty thousand corporate employees that having started in January this year, you're back at the office or you are fired, don't bother coming back, and was the reason Amazon did this?
Speaker 1: Well, I think the same reason that management did that. Here we now have that.
Speaker 2: Obviously we're here in studios, so or most of the time we're here in studio, so you know, it really doesn't matter. But salespeople, particularly management people, they were working remotely.
Speaker 1: Everybody was during.
Speaker 2: COVID and management came down a few weeks ago five days a week, thank you very much, and people were saying, wow, but I work remotely, and I have good reasons to argue that because I'm in front of the computer and I have to see if I have to go to see clients. I'm out of the office anyway, and the argument that management used and totally legitimate, by the way, because I think this does pan out. The studies have shown that when you're in the office, there is more collaborate collaboration. There is more a feeling of engagement with your employees, with fellow employees, there's a water cooler talk. Although you notice and no one has water coolers anymore. It's bottles of water. For the most part. You're just more involved if you are there at the office.
Speaker 1: And case in point.
Speaker 2: I have a home studio that I sometimes broadcast from. Neil has a home studio where he sometimes broadcasts from.
Speaker 1: Kno can't.
Speaker 2: Amy can't because of the physicality of everything. But Neil, do you notice that when we are together, all of us in effectively one room, because that's how we broadcast, there is more engagement. We talked during the breaks, we laugh, we joke and make fun of each other. So that's absolutely true. On the other hand, I live an hour and a half away from the studio. Now do I go in there regularly? Yeah, I do, but it's three hours.
Speaker 1: Pardon those fault. Is all that you used to live down the road did, and then I moved.
Speaker 2: I'm now in South Orange County, I mean south south south Orange, Orange County, where all my neighbors only speak Spanish.
Speaker 1: Nice, thank you.
Speaker 3: But but I've been a uh you know, I've had my own companies, and I've been a I've been a freelancer, uh in many times in my life as an artist and designer in the market.
Speaker 1: Very different though, you very you have to.
Speaker 3: Have discipline to be able to do those kinds of things. But in a camaraderie style circumstance, you're never going to beat everybody being together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No one has.
Speaker 2: Ever asked for me to be in the same uh you know office, same building, Uh, same neighborhood because uh, well it's kind of obvious that no one particularly wants me there.
Speaker 1: But there is a lot more engagement now.
Speaker 2: When I had my company, uh, we didn't have to worry about that because this was pre COVID.
Speaker 1: Wow. Have I been out of that that long? I guess I have. But really there was a lot of engagement.
Speaker 2: People would even for lunch, they would sit down at the office in the conference room, our employees because they would rather have that kind of camaraderie.
Speaker 1: Two reasons.
Speaker 2: Number one, I only gave him ten minutes for lunch, so it took them that much longer to go downstairs and come back. And two everybody sort of well, we didn't give them enough money frankly to have them go out for lunch. But it was very, very different when everybody is in the office. Everybody was very tight, and especially if people do like each other, it's an enormous difference. So Amazon the only difference, and a lot of people the only difference is they don't have enough office space.
Speaker 1: That's another issue.
Speaker 2: If everybody comes to work and this is post COVID and the footprint of office space has gone down dramatically, what do you do?
Speaker 1: Will you share cubicles?
Speaker 2: Well, if everybody is in the office at the same time and you're sharing a cubicle, something's.
Speaker 1: Got to give. And things have changed. I mean, here, you come down here.
Speaker 2: We have swaths of cubicle space pits.
Speaker 1: We call them.
Speaker 2: There. They are in the pit that are not inhabited at all, No one's there. I mean, you could take a bowling ball and just you know, play literally bowl and you'll never hit anybody or hit any kind of furniture. So the world is changing, it's coming back, and now we're going to look at what kind of production happens. That's the important one, and that's sort of out. It's sort of mixed messages. Here is more production? Does more production happen with remote workers? Because they are just people will work remotely and as Neil said, our discipline can do the work are a lot happier.
Speaker 1: They're at home, there is no commute. They sort of work their own hours. If you have a kid that you just go over there and take care of the child. I mean, there's a lot to be said.
Speaker 2: All right, now we're gonna have fun personality tests when working. And I'm gonna tell you in a minute my experience, personality tests can actually cost you your dream job.
Speaker 1: And why is that?
Speaker 2: Because more companies are adding personality tests to hiring screens. Nick Malik, the story out of the Wall Street Journal, was given an online personality.
Speaker 1: Assessment test by three.
Speaker 2: Employers perspective employers for his senior level engineering role. Didn't get it because I got some really weird questions. Now, I understand the desire to know a little bit about your applicants, but running their answers by a bot that's not particularly effective now because he's fifty nine. Maybe his test results hold him back. Maybe is age. But here's what's happening with companies now fixation on quote fit that is the biggest.
Speaker 1: Buzzword in hiring.
Speaker 2: Employers are reaching for personality assessments, questionnaires now all the way from questionnaires developed by psychologists, and it's pretty sophisticated stuff.
Speaker 1: And some are going to well.
Speaker 2: Astrology, handwriting analysis. Now, while that seems to be far fetched, that is actually growing. And what's happening is companies now can be a lot pickier when they were desperate for talent a few years ago. A lot of people are capable, and so what employers now want are people.
Speaker 1: A good fit? Can they work together? And how do they do that well.
Speaker 2: Personality tests are very interesting because they're are they on point, not really or really depending on the way they're administered, the way they're written, the way they're interpreted. So it used to be that employers could wanted to grab anybody because there was such a shortage, for example, of high talent tech folks. Today, you know, it's not easy to get a job if you're a high end tech person. They can be insightful. They can predict high performance in specific roles.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's like IQ tests.
Speaker 2: You can be very bright in one area and failed an IQ test. You can literally come off like a moron, and then in another field you're a genius. So what does the IQ test do well? It depends on the field you're in. So Simsy a Bondie or beyondy was a biomedical engineer, went into business as a business astrologer.
Speaker 1: When were you born? Huh? How about a graphologist?
Speaker 2: Your handwriting indicates whether or not you are a good fit.
Speaker 1: Now you can have the skills, that is sort of a given. You can check up on that, but you know, do you fit? Let's look at your handwriting, right? Is it big and bold? Is it a little tiny? Does that mean that you are going to work with other people?
Speaker 2: I know that's a stretch, but you know companies are jumping in on that because they're trying to figure out a way to make sure that the fit works. And by the way, the fit is very important. I mean case in point, the Morning Show. If the fit didn't work, if we didn't work well together, if we didn't like each other, CONO accepted, we would not have as good a show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did say that as good as show.
Speaker 2: So now I'm going to share my story with you. Okay, with personality tests. One of the things about iHeart is that whenever there's a job opening, it must be posted and they have to look internally first and then if it doesn't work out, they go outside. So morning show hosts position opened up, and they went through the I wasn't working there yet or I wasn't working here yet, and so they had to post, which they did, and it's pretty it's a pretty good gig, I mean, morning host of the number one talk station in the country, and it is I mean, we're kind of an outlier station. And then the applications from the outside started. People had previous experience, People sent in tapes and I was one of the people that was interviewed and I was given a personality test and you fill out all these forms personality tests that you're really hard to fail because they asked the same question six different ways and six different times, and you got to sort of tell the truth because they'll catch you and lie the test itself. So there I am with the program director who is looking at what the personality. Personality test said about me the results, and he said, you know, everything here says that you're not going to really get along with people, and you're real a hole.
Speaker 1: And I went, yeah, when can you start?
Speaker 2: And here I am, ladies and gentlemen, the host of the bill handle show Man.
Speaker 1: Those things are accurate case in point.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I don't know who of us would actually pass a personality test. I mean, I don't know how that works in terms of fit, but it does. All right, let me move over before we get to Foody Friday with Neil a story that I looked at.
Speaker 1: When oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah. I'm in the middle of that one. Scoring a fake ID. It's sort of a passage.
Speaker 2: Of youth, including my kids partiers, because you don't join a bar. You want to go to a bar, have a good time. You're seventeen, eighteen, nineteen years old and you got to be twenty one. So what do people do.
Speaker 1: They buy IDs? That's what they do. They buy IDs.
Speaker 2: And it used to be pretty easy to fake an ID for a couple of reasons. First of all, a bouncer at a bar, well just it's dark, looks at the ID, looks at the picture, sort of kind of looks like you doesn't care well. The rules have gotten really tight, and underage people in the bar is a big hit for a bar. So now they're being more careful and it's easier to see who has a fake IDA. It used to be fake id's somebody in the dorm made them, or some somebody made them in a garage, usually some young person. Today it is a serious counterfeitter because you've got holograms, barcodes, laser engraving, you've got electronic scanners that bars now use.
Speaker 1: Not so easy. So what do you do? Well?
Speaker 2: The fakes have to be created with sophisticated equipment and materials, and Neil can talk all about that, not that he does fake IDs, but works with the kinds of sophisticated materials that I'm discussing here. So, Neil, if you were to have to make a fake ID that would pass muster, how difficult is that?
Speaker 1: It's pretty difficult.
Speaker 3: You would need you know, you can get laser engravers and stuff like that from China for any that are inexpensive, but you need a handful of items.
Speaker 1: Whereas before you could use a you could use a.
Speaker 3: Black pencil, colored pencil and a razor blade back in the day, and you could forge them. That you remember when they used to shine flashlights behind them. That was to see the cut lines because people would replace photos with someone else's photo. Nowadays, you need to be able to read and write a magnetic strip on the back. You need to be able to read and write that barcode you talked about, and do the holograms.
Speaker 1: I have everything here to do it.
Speaker 2: I could absolutely, I know you could probably pull it off. And considering what they pay here, I'm not going to say you do do it, but I'm just going to say it's.
Speaker 1: A nice city. On Alvarado Street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where you get them down to MacArthur Park. But you know, I mean there's micro printing data chips there. As you said, ultraviolet features. It's almost like counterfeit money. That's so difficult to print. So just a quick by story, I'm going to just spin it off into a KFI.
Speaker 1: Premier Radio story.
Speaker 2: I'm syndicated by Premier Radio. Neil was syndicated by Premier Radio. So one time Rush Limbaugh was on vacation and I was asked to fill in for him on his national show, and I lasted two days and I'll tell you why, because of a.
Speaker 1: Story like this.
Speaker 2: So remember Jenna and Barbara Bush, the twins George W. Bush's daughters got picked up in Texas entering a bar with fake ID.
Speaker 1: They weren't twenty one.
Speaker 2: And I talked about that on the air, and I said that this is what makes America so great because they were picked up, they were prosecuted like anybody else.
Speaker 1: And if the sheriff had even called up.
Speaker 2: Or the local authorities had called up the President of the United States about his daughters, or the president called him, he would have said them, as President, unfortunately, that's not your jurisdiction, and we're gonna treat your daughters the same as anybody else.
Speaker 1: Of course, George W. Would never do that.
Speaker 2: And I said, this really is America great because can you imagine the daughter of the president of Columbia, for example, getting arrested, being charged and.
Speaker 1: Going through the system.
Speaker 2: That person would be killed, I mean instantly, the person would die.
Speaker 1: And so I.
Speaker 2: Said that, and I said, this is what makes America so great because the law really does treat people for the most part the same. No one is above the law, and not the president's daughter, daughters, not the guy on this street who commits a crime. Well, and there were phone calls because that's what Rushing did. I don't know how many phone calls I got emails, I mean in the thousands that came in handles a wild, wild ass liberal. He's just saying that because George W. Bush is a Republican and that's the only reason the authorities went after his daughters, because they're Republicans. And I came back with, well, how about Billy Carter, you know who got nailed, or Bill Clinton's step brother who got nailed.
Speaker 1: You're just a wild ass liberal.
Speaker 2: That's all we care about. That's my story of false IDs. Just thought i'd share that with you, And it's a make America great story because in most ways America is great, and I think for the.
Speaker 1: Most part people are treated differently. There are some.
Speaker 2: Exceptions like we're talking about, but for the most part, it's it's pretty good in that regard to law is held to a pretty high esteem here in the United States.
Speaker 1: And if you're going to want to.
Speaker 2: Buy a fake a d I D Neil, what are you charging these days for one?
Speaker 1: I mean they're pretty pricey, aren't they. Hey? Knowing how to be bad, isn't being bad? Okay, let me reframe. Okay, that's fair. No, that's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 3: I haven't had to forge things on a concha, but it's been for legal departments.
Speaker 2: Actually, Okay, I get it, So let me rephrase that because I was I said it wrong.
Speaker 1: How much do you charge for fake ID? For you? For you? For you?
Speaker 2: It's like it's like my friend, you know, my friend doubIe who flew for l All Airlines, and I said, on your last flight, Dubie, you've got to say.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, we're gonna be going, we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Be at thirty five thousand dollars altitude, but for you, thirty two thousand feet. Okay, enough of that, yeah, yeah, okay. Kim six you've been listening to The Bill Handle Show Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app