Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. These guys are your favorites, so light chance, subscribe and raid it five stary s me on us today and listening, oh watching, always keep its watching. And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bubo Fay Bubbo.
Speaker 2: How you doing man?
Speaker 3: We had a loss and we had a couple losses again this week in the bigfoot community. Unfortunately lost Brent Thomas, the host of Paranormal Portal, longtime Bigfoot and UFO and all cryptids and paranormal kind of stuff, but he was a big foot that was his main gig. Great guys on his show a couple of times. Yeah, you know, we stayed in touch over the years and he's a really good dude. And then we lost Stan Courtney. I'm one of the original audio guys from the BFRO Midwest Researcher. Good guy. We got in the film them several times. He was on the show Finding Bigfoot. Was our contact out there and he was another buddy for a long time, you know, twenty year friend. We lost him too, So our condolences to all the family and friends of those too.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 5: And actually, while we're talking about that, not to bring everybody else down, but there was another loss to the Bigfoot community that quietly slipped away in April that I haven't been talking about so much, that definitely deserves recognition and made a profound impact on the Bigfoot community even though he wasn't technically a bigfooter. He was because he did so much Bigfoot stuff, but he wasn't really a bigfooter. And that of course is Dennis Hereford. Dennis Hereford, the sheriff that casts the Hereford Cast in nineteen eighty two, he did on site Bigfoot investigations. He passed away. Cancer got him on April eighteenth, twenty twenty six. That death went completely unnoticed by the Bigfoot Commune, but I wanted to draw some attention to it now.
Speaker 6: Very sorry to hear that. Definitely sorry about Brent and Stan. I never got to meet Brent, but I did meet Stan Courtney, and you know, he was very kind and very enjoyable to speak with, and so I know he was very close with a number of BFRO people for a long time and other researchers too. But all will definitely be missed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, already recently, you may everybody our listeners may have heard about a recent report up in Idaho. It was a Class A report and if it's on the BFRO dot net website, links will be down below in the show notes if you're interested. It is report number eight one two zero two teenage campers stalked by a group of Sasquatches sixteen miles northwest of McCall in Payette National Forest. Very very fresh report. It was May twenty fourth that this encounter happened. In twenty twenty six, Moneymaker called me and asked if I would like to join Jonathan Easley, the primary investigator of this case, and Matt and all of the witnesses, which was quite a thing, man, because there's a lot of witnesses involved. I'm not even sure, like six or eight or something, but we all hopped on a call. So we have a lot of primary source here available for our podcast in the form of snippets from the actual witness's mouth. And we also have Jonathan easily on the line, fresh back from the location and has investigated this report deeper.
Speaker 2: Than I have.
Speaker 5: But Jonathan, thank you so much for coming out of the woods and joining us on Bigfoot and Beyond.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Hey, glad to be on. Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 3: That was so Jonathan that you're coming aboard.
Speaker 2: Oh man, glad to be on.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Just before we get too deep into this particular report, I do want to mention that Jonathan has his own YouTube page and it is called Western Bigfoot Exploration. Again, links will be in the show notes.
Speaker 3: He's one of the ones when you always ask little or battle lash what you two chells? Yeah, this is pretty good. I'll check his out.
Speaker 2: He's got some do ones on there. Excellent, excellent.
Speaker 5: So so this report, Jonathan, would you want us to get us a rundown of basically what happened because there's a lot of details and ins and outs and this and that's and people involved. But the gist of it is basically they saw a sasquatch or a couple sasquatches over a period of like two days if I remember right, Is that about correct?
Speaker 2: That's correct? Yeah, it was a Memorial Day weekend, and it's up in a place called a Lost Valley Reservoir, and they're camping at a spot that a few of those members have been camping at for a very long time. Many years, so they're very familiar with it. And I guess it was a group of ten friends that were up there, and over the course of two nights they had sasquatches walk into camp. The article says stalk them, and well, I think it's a bit dramatic. It's not wrong, because there was there were two campsites that they were based at. They had like I think seventy five percent of the people at one campsite and a few individuals at the other campsite, and both campsites were visited by sasquatch. So these things happened at night, and also they had one thing happened during the day. Now i'd say multiple people claimed to have seen figures moving through the bushes. One guy saw one approach him. He said, pretty close. I mean you have to figure that, you know, when you see something scary in the woods that maybe you haven't seen before, your mind kind of conflates things to be a lot larger and closer. So you know, his description was ten to fifteen feet away and about nine feet tall.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, they had multiple sightings. They also had a few pictures that they supplied. Handprints on a car potential footprint, and yeah, they all kind of told the same story the same way. They were even jumping in and giving details that maybe the other person wasn't giving. They were making small corrections, so it seems like a very plausible story that really did occur, all right, So this seemed like a good time to cut in and introduce the next segment. So, like they mentioned, there was a lengthy interview that Matt Moneymaker, Jonathan Easley and did with many of the witnesses of this Idaho incident, and they recorded that over zoom. So there was a lot of information there, a lot of different voices speaking at the same time. So I sort of whittled this down just to the most relevant segments and the ones that were the most listenable understandable where there weren't a lot of people interjecting or stepping over each other. So enjoy this segment where you will hear directly from the witnesses about what they saw and heard out there in Idaho.
Speaker 4: This is Matt Moneymaker with the Bigfoot Field Researchers organization. This call and recording. Is it reference to the report that made news that we posted on the BFRO site that happened on Memorial Day weekend, and this is up about sixteen miles northwest of McCall in the Payett National Forest. So there were ten people there all together, and not everybody had a visual siding. But we're still we want to try to learn You guys can actually help us learn a lot about the behavior of these critters, about what they did and how they reacted to you. So we're going to ask questions to kind of help bring that out, help us kind of understand how they operate and what they react to and what they do when they react. But I'll start off with this, had you, guys ever camped in this area before, had any of you or all of you as a crew? Yeah, what was the weather like up there when you went this time? Like the temperature, cloud cover, wind, Tell me about that.
Speaker 7: It was really nice, clear skies, you know, it wasn't bad.
Speaker 4: Okay, what time did you end up getting there to the camp area?
Speaker 7: Probably about nine o'clock Friday evening.
Speaker 4: How long after you got there did the first thing happen either sound or visual that you think might have been connected.
Speaker 7: Friday after midnight? Like one in the.
Speaker 4: Morning, one in the morning, And what happened?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 7: We were meet here.
Speaker 8: Colton and Corey were sitting around the fire while everybody else was in a sleep in their tents and the camper cars.
Speaker 7: You know, we were.
Speaker 8: Sitting there just kind of having fun, you know, just salking the stars. And I looked over at behind Daniel Bailey's tent and I saw a tall, dark figure and I thought it was just the one's messing with me.
Speaker 7: But then they explained when they saw it.
Speaker 8: It was tall, like seven eight feet tall, you know, black figure behind Daniel Bailey's tent.
Speaker 4: How far behind? How far from the tent?
Speaker 7: Was it ten feet?
Speaker 4: I was right behind the tent pretty much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was kind of by our bathroom bucket.
Speaker 4: Okay. Was the camp in a clearing among the among the trees or was it under trees?
Speaker 7: It was mainly clear.
Speaker 4: It was clear. Now, did on the edges, like are in the tree line around you? What's there what's called thick edge growth that made like a curtain where it was difficult to see back in the brush. Or could you in the daylight, would you be able to easily see back into the trees?
Speaker 7: In the daylight, you'd be able to see back in the trees.
Speaker 4: Okay, So It's not like the tent was near a bunch of tree cover where the thing that easily cut like could come to the edge of the tree cover. In other words, it had been daylight and ten feet behind the tent, it would have been very exposed. Yes, was it holding still when you saw And how long did you see it?
Speaker 7: Thirty seconds or so? And I looked away, and I looked back it was gone.
Speaker 4: And how far were you away from the tent? How far did you were you away from the creature in the tent?
Speaker 7: Twenty thirty feet away?
Speaker 4: Oh, you were pretty close. Did you hear anything that night or did any any anything else happened before the next morning?
Speaker 7: Bailey? I heard knocking.
Speaker 4: Bailey heard knocking, and late in the middle of an.
Speaker 8: Eye, around three o'clock in the following morning, because it was a Friday going into Saturday, when we had first saturround the campfire, that was the first night street to knocking.
Speaker 7: And then she heard it again Sunday night, go going it to Monday around three a.
Speaker 4: Like how far from the camp was it.
Speaker 9: Honestly don't know, but it was pretty loud and like it sounded like someone was just like a person like one of us was knocking on the tree, and then he was like, that wasn't any of us. And then I looked and everyone was still like all around us, and I was like, okay, well that wasn't any of us. And then it got louder, but then it stopped.
Speaker 4: This was it like three in the morning.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we woke up with our baby and I heard it and I was like, babe, what was that? And he was like, I don't know, Like we just thought someone was walking around the campsite, like we thought one of them was up walking around. And then the next morning when we all got up and they all came out, we asked them and they were like, no, that wasn't any of us.
Speaker 4: All right, So let's move into the next day, Saturday. So what was that next day? What was the next thing that happened? You think might have been connected, like either visual or sound?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, he all though, arguing to be honest with.
Speaker 4: You, Okay, what do you mean you mean that was sounds? But the arguing with sounds that you gu guys will make it, yes, okay, And he was during an argument. What happened during the argument somebody walked off? How did that lead to the next Bigfoot related today.
Speaker 2: The next thing that happened was towards the nighttime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing happened during the day on Saturday back No, okay, So what happened Saturday.
Speaker 10: Night basically the same thing that happened Friday night, like just all the sounds and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when it really got interesting was Sunday night Monday morning.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, let's let's take it one of let's cover what happened on Saturday. What were the sounds you heard Saturday night?
Speaker 9: Whistling, knocking, like, yeah, trees falling, and like snapping, like someone just like took a stick and just snapped it.
Speaker 4: Can you heard what sounded like a tree being pushed over?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How many of those?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You heard four tree pushovers roughly? And how how far away were they from you?
Speaker 2: It's hard to tell.
Speaker 4: Did they sound any of some like particularly big trees? Mmm?
Speaker 2: Yes? And though yeah, okay?
Speaker 4: Were there dead trees around? Did it seemed like there'd be dead trees available that could be pushed over?
Speaker 2: Or yes?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes, okay, so there were some of those? All right. Some of you guys are hunters, right, yeah, deer hunters. Did you notice deer tracks in the area. No, No, you didn't notice any deer or any deer tracks.
Speaker 2: I didn't even see a Barrett track up there.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: All right, So let's get into Sunday night. You said, that's when the really interesting stuff happened.
Speaker 10: Yes, Sunday night around I don't know, I want to say, like ten thirty maybe eleven. Yeah, I got a massive headache just out of nowhere, and so I got out to go take side prope and then I had a pee step behind my ten That's when I got a good look of it.
Speaker 4: And how far away was it from you?
Speaker 2: Not even like thirty feet in front of me?
Speaker 11: Really?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well, okay, now we're talking. This was at night. Was there any moonlight? How well?
Speaker 2: Lick was No, not really, it was kind of hard to see.
Speaker 4: Okay, And so tell me what you did see.
Speaker 2: Well, what I saw is I get roughly nine feet tall, and it was like walking on two legs, you know, was kind of big walking towards me. And that's when I turned around and kind of went talked to Jimkob okay.
Speaker 4: And so it was walking towards you, not like it was bluff charging you, not like it was trying to scare you, but just moving in your direction.
Speaker 2: It was walking pretty fast really okay?
Speaker 4: And is that when you said in the report Kia said at one point she mentioned reflective eyes.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's when I saw. That's when I saw I like glowing red eyes.
Speaker 4: Oh you did? You did have glowing red eyes? Okay? Do it seem like it was reflecting off the campfire or or are like they were glowing on.
Speaker 2: Their own, just on their own really?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 9: Cool?
Speaker 4: Uh? And do anybody else but you see it at that moment?
Speaker 2: Think Jacob saw something.
Speaker 8: Jacob said that he saw the same thing, but he originally thought it was the trees messing with them until Daniel came running up to them.
Speaker 4: Okay, and everybody, and this was your all together kind of at the same camp area.
Speaker 10: We were all in sitting around the campfire, other than Alex, he was sleeping in the camper because he got sick.
Speaker 7: I was in the tech.
Speaker 4: Okay, and then let's move forward. What was the next thing that big for related?
Speaker 10: We all kind of heard kind of sound and all of the like the guys, all the girls went into the camper, and all those guys kind of walked towards what we what we started seeing.
Speaker 2: And then that's went. Me and Colton.
Speaker 10: Decided to go check on some other people that we knew that were around the area.
Speaker 2: Then we went and kind of checked their camps. Light out and I'll let call him take it over from.
Speaker 4: There, and mister and went to, Yeah, how far did you have to go to this other camp?
Speaker 2: Three minutes?
Speaker 4: Three minutes walking, right, three minutes driving? Okay, And so you didn't see anything while you were driving. You saw things when you got over to that other camp. Yes, yeah, all right, Colton, go ahead, tell us what happened.
Speaker 11: So, so we got to the other camp and we were kind of letting them know, like what was going on, just kind of giving them a little heads up that something's out and not very happy.
Speaker 4: What did you tell Did you have any idea what it was or how did you explain what it was?
Speaker 11: We kind of just explained it as a tall, dark manlike figure there. That's really all that any of us truly had.
Speaker 4: Because you'd only seen it in the dark.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And we were talking to him and Daniel and I started hearing some stuff back behind their tent, and there's a little hill back behind their tent and then it drops down into a little ravine. Well, Daniel and I are standing up on top of this hill and him and I bolt hear something off to our right, and we look and I could see something and how.
Speaker 4: Far away was it from you?
Speaker 2: Ten fifteen feet?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 11: I fired off a couple of rounds because I'm not one that likes to mess around and then possibly figure out if I'm gonna go back to Camp Atlantic or not.
Speaker 4: Wait to say, let me ask you about this. Did you already have a gun with you? Did you have to go get it from the car or what.
Speaker 2: With us?
Speaker 7: They grabbed the guns and took off.
Speaker 4: Oh when they went down to the camp, you brought guns with you? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 8: The only one that really stayed behind was Jacob. He sat in front of the camp or with all of those girls inside, just in case anythinking that. So the people that stayed at camp were Jacob, Me, Kira, Jeffrey, Alec Bailey, and the baby.
Speaker 4: Okay, and so by this point, you guys were all apprehensive that something was coming around the camp. Yeah, and you were worried. Yes, yes, okay, So the other guys go down to the other camp. You see something moving in the dark, not far away. What kind of gun was it that you used to fire the warning shots?
Speaker 2: I had a ten mil you out at nine four?
Speaker 4: You out of ten, so two tens in a night.
Speaker 2: And the forty five a ACP.
Speaker 4: Okay, So these aren't rifles. These are all handguns, right.
Speaker 2: The twenty two is a rifle, the.
Speaker 4: Twenty two, okay? And is that what you used to do the warning shots?
Speaker 11: No, we were using the nine and ten mil.
Speaker 4: And were you shooting in the air towards the ground? Towards the ground? Okay? And of something that you thought was real close to you? Yeah? Okay? Did you hear any movements after you capped off those?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: How many rounds did you shoot off?
Speaker 11: I shot a like towards the figure three times and then it was a bunch of brush and like TwixT snapping, and then it all went silent until just a couple seconds later there was something back behind us that started making sound. And that's when we turned and saw another figure, just a little bit smaller, running down the other side of the hill.
Speaker 4: Okay, were you were you shot in its director? Were you prying to hit it? Or were you just shooting? Now, bubbah, I was very much so trying to hit it. You were, okay, but you wasn't wasn't in view when you were aiming at or you just aiming toward where you had seen movement?
Speaker 11: So I could see it when I wasn't drawn up on it. It was kind of harder to see you when I was drawn up, but I knew that I was within a couple inches at least.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you have any idea how big that one was?
Speaker 2: About ten to twelve foot?
Speaker 4: This one? That was? Okay, no end of twelve foot from you, but you think it you think it was ten feet tall? Yeah? Okay? And then the other direction there was you think a smaller one? Yeah? And that and that you heard that after you did the shots, you heard another one running away? Yeah? Okay, you heard it. But did you get you get any glimpse of it a little bit? Like it's its top half?
Speaker 2: Is it like went back down over?
Speaker 4: Okay? All right? Then what happened next?
Speaker 11: Everyone got in their vehicles and we drove up the road a bit, trying to.
Speaker 2: Figure out what we were going to do, whether we were going to.
Speaker 11: Have the people that we went to talk to come back to our camp or what their plan was going to be. And they ended up coming back to camp with us.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you were all kind of freaked out and you wanted to all be in the same place. That good Okay, all right, And so that would have been at what time that you all came back together about.
Speaker 11: One two.
Speaker 4: Am?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay. Now, in the report, Kiara mentioned that you guys said that the things used they seemed to know how to hide and dodge and get behind things. What was that? Was that based on the incident with the guns or was there another occasion where you saw them like moving around trying to hide.
Speaker 11: Mainly just kind of the situation with the guns and they were quick, swift movements. It knew exactly what it was doing and how it was doing.
Speaker 4: Okay. Was there any sounds other than the brush breaking?
Speaker 11: Not really, It was just kind of the it's it's like listening to an l bus through the brush, is what it sounded like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So no eye glow on that incident.
Speaker 2: Not that I personally saw.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, so we're one of tod them on Sunday. Anything happened Monday later after that? Or was that the final thing?
Speaker 8: Non drove around and we were looking for the nests and the crosses, because after the boys have taken off, I called my mom and that was when she had sort of texted you to look out for these things, and she told us to stay together, and that's when I gave her my location, and she also told us to go out the next day and go look for the nests that looked like Teethe's and the trees and the crosses.
Speaker 7: But there weren't any sounds or anything as far as.
Speaker 4: We know, all right, And anything else happened after that before you laughed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Also on the.
Speaker 8: Handprints and the footprints, the fut print was just behind our camp Jacob's camper and like right outside our campsite.
Speaker 4: Okay. And what was the mention in the report of a sound that sounded like something either getting in a car or trying to start.
Speaker 8: A car that was knocking with how Bailey originally described it, because when she had asked us about it, she thought Corey was starting his car because Corey and now we were sleeping in their car and me and Colt were sleeping in our car, and Corey had told her that his battery.
Speaker 7: Was disconnected and that they weren't trying to start their car that night.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that was that. It was just you heard a knocking saut and you were just trying to figure it out and thought it may have been a sound coming from the car.
Speaker 9: I thought they were like trying to turn the like turn it over, and because I already knew it was dead, but I hadn't known that they had disconnected the battery.
Speaker 7: So that's what automatically my mind went to.
Speaker 9: And that's why I asked everybody when we well, because I was sitting outside like around the fire, and then Corey and Abby got up and that's when I asked them and they were like, no, like we disconnected the battery, and I was like oh, And then I just did say anything after that because I really didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 4: All right, very good? So by that point, were you guys thinking that these I mean, did you know did you guys know anything about sasquatches before this weekend or how much did you know about the subject.
Speaker 8: I knew a pretty good deal prior because my mom and I when I was growing up we'd watch about like sasquatches and paranoral activity. But like when I had called her when everything was going on, I think Sunday night, and she told me it was a sasquatch. I told it was like, I'm not joking, I'm serious. So she goes, no, it's a sasquatch like we've seen in the shows.
Speaker 4: Okay, how about the rest of you, the rest of you guys, were you have heard bigfoot stories.
Speaker 2: For Yeah, just watching night TV shows and stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, do people that you know in the area generally believe the subject or do most people think it's nonsense?
Speaker 2: All of people think it's nonsense, real.
Speaker 4: Pretty most of the people out of work, they get pretty much nonsense. Okay, well, I'll tell you they don't know better. I've had one real close to me before, and I could assure you they are quite real. And there's other people who have seen them up in that area, so I think that's exactly what they were. Very good. Well, thank you so much. That's I think we got most of it, and again, it does help us to try to understand how these things operate.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo will be right back after these messages. Now it says teenagers, but when I spoke to them, I got the gist of I third, like around twenty are they actually teenagers or just some of them are teenagers or all of them or yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a bit unfair to label at teenagers, and they just ran with it. I think it was like Fox News or someone. A couple major outlets and a couple of big social media pages picked the story up, and they all broadcasted it as teenagers. Of course, because they didn't have the information. When you say teenagers, you think like fourteen, fifteen years old. Now they're all eighteen and nineteen years old, and one of these teenagers is thirty four years old, I believe, so, yeah, they're of age that rate. I might be still a teenager, yeah yeah, yeah, forever young.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, these these were older kids, and you know, the decisions that they made during what was happening to them were completely logical. And one of the things was crazy that you know, he actually discharged his gun in the direction of this shadowy figure that approached his camp at night, and in fact, the other two guys discharged their pistols firing warning shots, so you know, there was a point where, you know, half of them were afraid and inside of one of the RVs and the other guys went to the other camp and that's where they had their encounter. So yeah, there was just a lot of it, just a lot of that stuff, but yeah, not teenagers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought that was a little unfair, and of course the media would do that to kind of, in a way subtly discredit the witnesses.
Speaker 2: Slightly correct, And there was another piece of it was like a major detail that was shared on the article. One of the girls was in her tent hearing this loud, deep, kind of thud sound, and when she described it to us on that call, she was saying that it kind of reminded her of like that deep chugging sound that an engine trying to start up would make, which seems completely logical. I mean, we've all been in our tents hearing a weird sound that we're trying to make sense of, and that was her way to make sense of it. I guess they had disconnected a car's battery, so she was trying to rationalize, like, is that someone trying to start the car? You know, it's this deep loud thud chug sound. And you know, she eventually put together that it wasn't that because it turned into a rhythmic knocking as she described, So something was walking around camp doing really loud knocks and stuff, and that was taken out of context, you know, and a lot of the comments people were saying, oh, how could you mistaken a car starting for someone hitting a tree or doing a knock, you know what I mean. And you know, if you don't have all the information, that's that's logically what you're going to come to. So I thought that was another piece of information that was taken out of context and a little bit unfair.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I would leave it to the skeptics to be taking things out of context, being a little bit unfair and not having all the information, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Every time. That's a problem with these big media outlets when they put this stuff out there. You know, it never gets a good you never get the full story. It misses a lot of the details, and you know, it's just really easy for someone to read the article and go, ah, stupid teenagers, what are they talking about.
Speaker 5: This report on the BFRO site. And again I'm sure Matt will put that in the show notes as well. Matt's been doing Matt Moneymaker's been doing a great job lately on his a variety of outlets, including his website obviously, as well as a lot of the social media is where he's drawing maps and kind of zooming in showing the photographs and whatnot submitted by the witnesses. And one of the just one of the photographs that he shared on his site. I know there are others, or it's just a handprint on the car and all that jazz, but one of the photographs actually shows a possible footprint in the ground, and it doesn't look like much, And again I would expect skeptics to kind of write it off, but having seen quite a few sasquatch tracks out in the wild, so to speak, in the ground, this is not a bad photograph at all. And it could very I can't say for sure if it is a sasquatch footprint or not, but it has it is actually pretty decent looking track for the object that they're photographing, because tracks just simply do not show up well in photographs, but this one looks pretty good now. Having been to the site over the last couple of days, Jonathan, did you locate any other signs of the animals in the area, life footprints?
Speaker 2: When I walked around, I found I want to say, one hundred thousand cow hoofs. There was so many cows, so I did find deer prints and cowprints. I looked for bear, I looked for any other signs. I looked on trees or any thing that looked like it was out of place, and I didn't find anything like that. The ground, there are large patches that lend itself to you know, they would create great footprints if one were just step there. But a lot of the ground is kind of this, like knee high brush that you have to walk through, and you'd never find a footprint walking through there. I did take a lot of time looking through that stuff, as well as you know, the road and other patches of loose dirt. But no, nothing, nothing out of place other than their story. I was just you know, walking around and didn't find didn't find anything of significance.
Speaker 5: But of course it's been weeks now, weeks and weeks and weeks, so that's not all that surprising.
Speaker 2: It's been about a month and it on my way up there. We had this like unforecasted rainstorm that just moved through, so it could have washed out anything. But like I said, there were a lot of very fresh cow tracks and cow patties write in camp and all around. I was just surprised by how many, how much free range cattle was roaming around that area. I can hear them. I mean I haven't even gone over my audio recorder yet, but all night long you can hear cows going off. You can hear them going off in the distance up close. So yeah, it was a lot of cows. Is this an active very?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 5: Weare of other reports within the general vicinity within a few miles or twenty miles or something. About four years ago, I spoke to a girl.
Speaker 2: She was a makeup artist here in the Treasure Valley, and she starts telling me about this time that her and her husband were in a place called New Meadows, which is I mean, it's literally the next town outside of where this area is. She had told me that they were watching someone scale a hillside, just walking along the hillside for a long distance, in a place completely off trail, in a place where they couldn't understand why this person dressed in all black was just walking and walking, and they watched it for two or three minutes, and it wasn't until it turned the corner into nowhere that they both decided, oh my gosh, hold on, we might have just seen a sasquatch. And her and her husband very outdoorsy people, and they were completely convinced that what they saw was a sasquatch. There's another BFROL report right there in that lake. Two paddle borders were paddle boarding along and saw two figures on the shoreline there walking and they watched them for a pretty extensive amount of time, so you'd think that they positively identified to them as bigfoots and lower I want to say maybe if we were talking trying maybe a thirty five minute drive south. There was another report just east of the I'm sorry, just west of the Cascade area where someone had an encounter while they were camping or one of these things walked into camp. So there's plenty of reports around that area. You had a little further up toward like Loon Lake and the whole McCall area, there's been footprints and people have heard vocalizations and there's been siding. So this is an area that is familiar with the whole Bigfoot phenomenona. There's been plenty that's gone on up there, so this isn't really surprising that it's just another story that's going on in a place where there are many stories.
Speaker 3: Right, Did you ever find me of those?
Speaker 2: Nessa?
Speaker 3: So they were all around the camp.
Speaker 2: I walked around and I looked, and I didn't find the ones that they took pictures of. But there was a lot of stuff that was really ambiguous, and I didn't, you know, stuff tree falls, the trees. I'm not a big structures guy, like it takes a lot to really impress me with a structure, but I did look for them just to try to identify it, and I couldn't find exactly what they took a picture of, and I didn't find anything out of place like that, So I didn't find any of that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Well, looking at the map, one of the first thing that stands out to me about this general area is that it seems to me and correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm not looking at it on Google Earth. I'm looking at it on Google Maps right now that it seems to be on the east side of the slope, right would.
Speaker 4: That be correct.
Speaker 2: It's almost kind of a plateau, and there are you know, the witnesses described whistles at one point, there was a there's a point where two of the girls were having an argument and this is in daytime, and her boyfriend walks off into the brush and she kind of follows him and starts hearing these whistles and starts hearing things move around in the brush. Ultimately, after, you know, after everything happened, she's kind of felt that these things were luring her further into the woods. But the reason I bring that up is because the acoustics of this area were incredible. I mean, the campfire crackling at night was you can hear it echo back to you like three different ways. So if she was hearing whistles all around, she described them as very, very loud. Matt asked her, you know, was it like a bird and she was like, no, absolutely not. It was like a huge, huge whistle. And I totally see what she's saying, because the acoustics there are incredible. You have sounds coming from both sides of the ridge. So on a map, maybe it might look like it's an eastern facing slope, but it's actually more of a plateau. Right after that there is a drop off. But I was hearing cows from what I think was down in the valley, on the eastern Valley, and I can also hear boats launching from the lake, which is about a mile away. I can hear people's voices from the lake. I could hear distant dogs barking. I mean, anything that went on sound wise you can hear there. So it's a great spot if you're trying to hear a sasquatch or anything like that. That was, yeah, that was kind of it was it's this perfect spot for hearing what's around you.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you said that it's a great spot for trying to hear a sasquatch or anything like that. But also the op the exact opposite of that, I think is something that's really interesting and often overlooked by researchers, that sasquatches want to hear you. Something I've noticed over many, many years, and this seems to hold not only with this report but with other reports, is that where sasquatches are often observed, there are it's very very quiet. The acoustics are really something special in a place where sasquatches return to a lot, and they're very very quiet, and being in the area you can observe not visually, but you know by hearing, you can observe all your surroundings. Because mountain gorillas, for example, keep track of every other member of their troop by listening for them. And because they can't see through the plant life, they can't see through the jungle in which they live the thick forests, and sasquatches would be expected to be rather similar. I strongly suspect that when sasquatches are observing you, they're more often listening to you than actually looking at you. And so this area that you just describe seems perfect for such an observation post for sasquatches to hear what's going on all around them for maybe miles. If you can hear boats launching in the Lost Valley reservoir, it sounds like a perfect place for them.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. Now, like I said, the campfire crackling was just like I mean, if somebody was driving by on the main road, they probably would be able to hear it. It was that loud. Any clap I did, I did a couple you know, vocalizations, and was just incredibly surprised by how far they carried and how many times they echoed back too. And there was another aspect to it is that there's a little kind of a ridge that slowly rises on the east side of the camp and it is the perfect place for using like a thermal imager and looking through these trees, like if something if I were to try to hide and kind of creep in on some campers, I would be able to do it in the daylight, very very easy. But at night, if somebody tried to creep in and I had a thermal imager, I'd totally be able to see it. So as far as a big footing spot, it's great. It's giving sasquatch the higher ground to move in and you can see right through the trees perfectly. It reminded me a lot of the Blue Mountains, really lush and green, but you know, not too hard to get around and walk through the trees and the meadows.
Speaker 5: Would this technically be part of the Blue Mountains? I mean it's south southeast of the wallahwas, but it was this technically part of the Blues. I don't really understand where one stops and where one starts you know.
Speaker 2: It looks like it there's a highway that kind of divides everything, but it looks like almost like I don't know how to describe it, almost like a deltoid where it moved me. The Blue Mountains kind of taper off. There's a road that runs through there, and then the mountains start right back up again. So I would think that it's the same exact environment, probably the same kind of trees. It look the same. I've been in a lot of different places. Each place has a really que you know, unique characteristics in its landscape, and this reminded me exactly of the Blue Mountains. Very interesting.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages. So with the report in general, you feel this is a totally legit report, I'm assuming, right, yeah. I mean I'm very skeptical of people. I'm not skeptical of Bigfoot, but I'm always skeptical of people, And in my head I always form a kind of defense of the story and also like a prosecution of the story. You know, I do bring up every red flag I can think of, and when you can discredit away every red flag, well, then you've got a pretty good story on your hands. And you know, a large percentage of this story sounds legitimate. So as of now, I'm totally on board with it. I also try to think of the like ten people getting together to make up a story with this level of detail about sasquatch visiting their camp and why why would you do that? You know, But as far as the details, you know, going there, seeing the landscape, it's completely plausible. It's a perfect place for all of that to happen. So I'm on board with this story. And you know, there are a few little details, like I'm making a video about this that I should have maybe by the time this airs, but from speaking right now, it's going to be like a week and a half or so.
Speaker 2: I'm going to put this video out. And one of the things that I do show is that, you know, for example, a handprint on the back of the suv that they have there. You know, they're not saying a sasquatch, but they're saying, look at this. I don't know how we got this handprint on there. Maybe it was sasquatch, and for myself speaking, hell, maybe it was. But you know, I do show you how handprints appear on vehicles. And before I left my driveway, I filmed myself putting a nice handprint on the back of my clean windshield and then driving all the way up there. And then the next morning, after driving on a dusty road, lo and hey, there's my handprint. It looks like something visited overnight and put a handprint on my vehicle.
Speaker 3: So, so's the problem.
Speaker 2: Who's the problem here? Abby or Bailey the problem?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The girls were fighting and arguing.
Speaker 2: It's not like both of them. I don't know, I do know what they're argued about. That's the real mystery here. Yeah. Yeah, But whatever argument that was that led Kiara to walk over into the brush and have that experience that she had. You know, she walked into the bushes, I had this argument, walked over into the the forest line, and you know, started hearing these whistles and seeing movement around her, and she initially thought it was her boyfriend. Turns out he had already walked back to camp and was kind of waiting around for her, and she was walking in this circle. She describes being led around by whistles and movement, and when she got back, you know, there was a boyfriend, so good thing, they argued, Maybe that's what we need. More arguments in camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe more stellings on funning bigfoot.
Speaker 5: If that was the case, I think the Bigfoot community in general would have more sightings if that was the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did that baby act any different? Did they notice any difference with the baby acting if the thing was around or not.
Speaker 2: They didn't really mention much of the baby. Yeah, they didn't mention much of the baby. But you know, it's not the first time people bring babies and stuff pops up. I don't know if you were there, Bobo, but I know Cliff was. But when, like Bart Katino had his sighting, I know that speaking to him, he attributes a baby crying leading to his sighting at California camp. That was a yeah, see, so bring your babies into the woods and have arguments with your friends. You know. That seems to be the new standard to have a sasquatch experience.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you know this, Jonathan, but the same night Bart saw that sasquatch, Bobo ran into it as well while he was taking a dump away from camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, I didn't know that, No way, I did not know that I was.
Speaker 3: Trying to keep this classy and up bring it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was a leave it to me then it is about it.
Speaker 3: I think it was maybe like twenty minutes after this happened, like I had to go, and I was like I walked out like a couple hundred yards back and like dug a hole, and I was squatted down, and all of a sudden, just this big like boom boom boom running at me coming up this little this little draw kind of like in Pitch Black.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I was so mad.
Speaker 3: I was like, dude, give me a freaking break. I'm trying to like this is going against the bro code, Like you know, Scoot I would have squatted down, you know, do his bis. You gotta like wait till I'm done and walking back then you can mess with me. And I was like, I forgetbout yell you'll like I said, oh yeah, damn, I'm taking a ship, like quick, get out of here. You know that it stopped like it just stopped like with no like slowt I was just it was like full sprinting like it was coming fast and it was big and loud in like the ground like you should have boom boom.
Speaker 4: I mean it was big.
Speaker 3: And it came run up and I yelled, it just stopped and everything else.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, you're you're most vulnerable position. That's when he decides to jump out at you. Great.
Speaker 3: They came around our tents. I was with Jamie Jada, same guy that was with me when when Bart Laos Cap when we saw the one in lust Cap Jamie j I was. I was in the tent with him and is hit his nine month old son in there, So we had the baby in there and the thing they were walking back and forth. They were like rubbing, They're running their fingers down the tent, like we could hear them mumbling like you know, you like pitter powder, back and forth like like there was there was definitely some smaller ones that were in there too, Like it wasn't just a big one. We heard two which sounded like smaller ones.
Speaker 2: I see. Was that at lawser California.
Speaker 3: Then I was at the California camp.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, oh wow yeah.
Speaker 5: So I guess the lesson is bring your babies out, argue with it while you're pooping, and you'll probably see a sasquatch.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm gonna try that next time. Do you have a baby, I can find one.
Speaker 5: That's not a good look to be arguing with babies.
Speaker 2: No, No, they always win to you always lose the argument. Yeah, they're just too cute.
Speaker 5: We encourage all of our listeners to go read that report again. The link is in the show notes. Go check it out. It's a very recent report from a very cool area. It's been investigated on site by Jonathan. So, yeah, I think the bow has been put on it, as it's been said. But Jonathan, this is the first time you've been on Bigfoot and beyond. Why don't we learn a little bit about you. How long have you been doing this? Because I've heard your name tossed around. You must have been doing this around for a while. I mean, you must be pretty well entrenched into the Bigfoot community.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been doing the whole Bigfoot thing for about twelve or so years, and I started the channel, I want to say, about seven years ago. And you know, I don't bombard my channel with a bunch of videos. It's kind of a slow process. But my channel is about the search for evidence in the Pacific Northwest. Might try to take you along to places. Maybe you haven't seen, but you should see and hang out with a lot of researchers that you never heard of that you should hear about. The reason I started the channel is because I noticed that there were these amazing places that you could just not find on YouTube or any you know, history channel documentary. A couple examples would be, you know, we've all heard the story of oh, Jerry Crewe. You know he named Bigfoot, and then it just moves on in the story. But there was a lot more to Jerry Crewe. And if I can take a person there to the exact spot where Jerry crewe cassette footprint, well that's pretty awesome. A lot of people are very interested in seeing stuff like that. The Paul Freeman film site, I couldn't find anything on YouTube, Cliff, outside of your patreon a video and your Patreon, there was nothing out there. I mean, you had Michael Freeman's book, but video wise, I couldn't find the Paul Freeman film site anywhere. And if I can show up there run people through the siding. I did measurements to the best of my ability and just give people a better picture of what happened to Paul Freeman that day. Well then mission accomplish. That's what I did with my Freeman film, with my Freeman video. And you know, there's plenty of these researchers that you know, they deserve to be shown to people. A lot of people would it would be a good bench fit to people to watch, you know how people like the Robert Laterman's of the world, you know, handle investigations and stuff because you know, you don't see him on the History Channel, you don't see him on a lot of featured on on a lot of things, you know, and there's a lot of people just like that. The Bluff Creek Project guys. I do a lot of work in Bluff Creek, and you know, I kind of bounce around a lot. I have videos in Washington, California, here in Idaho, a little bit all over the place. But I kind of try to go along with these stories and you can see the Bigfoot world through my eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: How many?
Speaker 3: How many things have you done?
Speaker 7: Jonathan?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think I got like, I think thirteen to fifteen something like that. But my videos are mostly like they run between you know, thirty minutes to an hour, and one thing I try to do is I try to keep them real cinematic entertaining, and I work with a lot of different people as far as like you know, I've gone out on expeditions with like the small Town Monsters guys. I mentioned the Bluff Creek project in this recent one. I was up at Bumping Lake, like we were talking about just a little bit ago, and I have this Mount Rainier video and you know, I'm very thankful just hit a million views, So that's a that's a good thing. And yeah, it's awesome, dude. And you know, I feature not just stuff that happens to me, but also the people that I interview and their evidence that they're willing to share. So, for example, I was up in Mount Rainier. I'm sorry it's called Mount Rainier Sasquatch, but we were out in the out spirits at Bumping Lake and right there at California Camp. You know, we had spent the night and in the morning we kind of walked back in there and we just had these super super loud rock clacks and they happened very consistently, and it was over the course of like two and a half hours where we were chasing around whatever was making these rock clacks. And as soon as we would get close to it, you'd hear bam, smash boom, and it would move and then it would start clacking rocks again. And you know that back there behind California Camp, it's so thick that you know, you can't take two steps, you take one step. You got to step over a log, step down from a log onto a rock, you know. So it's really slow moving back there, and whatever was moving back there was moving real quick. And it's kind of funny because after we recorded and heard all of these rock clacks, we got back home only to find out that there was a BFRO expedition two weeks that was there two weeks prior to us. They have the exact same raw clacks recorded, and we're doing the exact same thing that we were. There's also other things like I interviewed it a gentleman named Kristin Jolton who has some of the best assquatch recordings that I've ever heard. In fact, I personally like them more than the Sierra sounds, just because we can visit the location and talk to the person. These are a lot newer. They're only from just a few years ago, and now there are these long singing vocals coming from different directions, from multiple individuals, and I've had a lot of people tell me, you know, I don't believe in Bigfoot. I don't think any things out there, but when I hear these recordings, it really changes my mind and they've become interested, which is my goal. You know, things like these vocalizations, researchers going out recording things. You don't see these things a lot on YouTube or on any any other channel, any other platform. So I like to bring all that stuff to people. I filmed part two of that Mount Rainier. It's called Return of the mount Rainier Sasquatch, and it should be out within a month or so. And in that, you know, I sat down with other researchers, like the study Sasquatch guys. I think they're got there like the best thing that's going for Bigfoot research right now. Oh yeah, yeah. I interviewed them about their cameras that they developed, their thermal imaging cameras that they can set out there for a couple months at a time, and they're they're recording nightlife in a way that I've never seen before. I mean, they have things like an owl jumping down after a flying squirrel that you set on night and crystal clear and thermal imatures, you know, so it's it's really interesting. We also show their methods as well as our methods, you know, like walking the roads at night, and their use of technology, both audio and visually is superior to anybody that I've ever I've ever worked with, and I do show that. I sit down and interview them and talk to them about it. But yeah, it's a real neat thing. I'm just trying to bring all that to the forefront, showing the best research that's going on, bringing that to people's homes so they can watch it for free.
Speaker 5: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: There's all these compelling stories for Bigfoot, for the existence of Bigfoot, and that's what I try to get out there through my videos. I want people to watch my videos and you know, say, wow, it's not a bunch of crazy people running in the woods. You know, these people are legit and they're really seeing things.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Of course we are a bunch of really crazy people running around in the woods, but I don't want to.
Speaker 5: But it's not why we're crazy. Is the point exactly correct?
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 5: So you've been to the Patterson side, obviously, you've been to the Freeman's site. You've been interviewing various researchers that you respect. Do you have a wish list of things that you want to get to or any plans for the summer. I mean it's squatching season right now. So what are your plans for the summer as far as your your next videos that you want to make or things that you want to try to get.
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, So one of my things is I'm going to be back in Bluff Creek in a few weeks. I have a series of interviews that I've already recorded with people like Thomas Steinberg, Dustin Severs that wrote The Abominable Snowman of California, and other people like Inker, a shaman for the Hoopa tribe, you know, and I paint this really good picture of everything that happened there in the logging area. That was my goal to put this documentary out called The Legend of Bluff Creek that covers everything that happened in the logging era, which I'm fast in with over there. And aside from that, my plan is to do a bunch of Idaho stuff. This is gonna be the summer of Idaho stuff. I have at least three witnesses lined up that I'm going to go out into the field with and camp where they had their experiences. Just one of them was just last year, where it was a girl who went camping, came back home and was telling her mom, You're not going to believe this. We're camping and the weirdest thing happened. You know, I had these rocks thrown over my head into the river. And she's going, well, what do you mean? She goes, I don't know. I don't know how somebody could have been there. It doesn't make any sense to me. But we watched several rocks go over our heads out into the river, and she had no idea that this was something that's affiliated to Sasquatch until her dad started thinking and going, you know, I think I've seen this on some show before or something like that, sort of telling her does this sound familiar? And they looked it up and they're going, oh my gosh. So of course they come and tell me about it, and I'm trying to organize getting out there with them. There was another person that had an encounter with something far off in the distance that was I sh that was just way too tall to be a bear. So yeah, I'm working on a lot of Idaho stuff this summer, as well as the Bluff Creek stuff. I do plan to get out to Washington and film out there, probably with the study Sasquatch guys. I do plan to return to places like Bumping Lake and other places that are on the outskirts of Mount Rainier. So it's going to be a busy, busy summer. This is probably gonna be the busiest summer that I've ever had as far as doing content and getting out to places and researching. And you know, I am a researcher first and consider myself filmmaker later. Like I wouldn't even be making videos about anything if it wasn't for Bigfoot, Like that's.
Speaker 3: My aren't you trained in film?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, that's the thing with me. I learned everything I learned just to put out Bigfoot documentaries. Like it was so important to me to put out good information for people that were kind of like me when I got into the subject. I mean, I was lucky I had a show called Finding Bigfoot to watch and there was a lot of Monster Quest stuff going on, and you know, those shows haven't been on for a while, and you know, there has to be something to fill the void. There has to be. There's a lot of great podcasts, there are a few great channels out there that put out documentaries, but I just felt that they weren't touching on the things that I thought were most interesting, and that made a very compelling case for the existence of Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're welcome. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Thinking well, you're doing in the right order, you see, because what I think the fault with the modern culture is that they decide to be an influencer first, and then oh what could I Oh big I like Bigfoot, I'll do that, Whereas I think the correct order is be a bigfooter first and then later, oh I could probably make a video on this and maybe somebody will care. You know, if you do what you love, good things will follow, instead of trying to say, well, I need followers, what do I need to do? Oh, Bigfoot's a small pool. I can be a big fish there. And that's that seems to be the order that too many people are going in nowadays. In my opinion, So kudos to you, my friend.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you very much. Yeah yeah, now, I see it a lot, and you know, I definitely try to differentiate myself from those those types.
Speaker 5: Right Well, I actually I may be down in Bluff Creek actually, so i'll see. I'll get some dates of when you're going to be down there. Maybe we can rendezvous if I happen to be down there the same week as you. I've got some things I need to do down there at the Willow Creek Museum. They're giving me access to some of their casts that have never been copied before. So I'm going to go down there and spend some time down there in the next month, hopefully if I can break away from my obligations up here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let me know. There's a lot. Hopefully we meet up there. There's a lot i'd want to show you. We've been going there for I want to say, like seven or eight years now, and I know you guys have tons of stories, but I have a few of my own, you know, hearing vocalizations that I've I heard some of the craziest vocalizations that I've ever heard at Layered Meadow. So there's a lot of there's a lot of things like that. I'd want to show you that recorded. We all had audio running, but the screens were so distant and faint that nobody could pick it up. I mean, we sent it to everyone we know that can that can sift through audio, and they couldn't get it. Chris Spencer couldn't get it. So yeah, but it was it was. It was these long vocalizations that went on for like twenty seconds each, and it sounded like a guy on a roller coaster going up and down and up and down, and there was so distant that you almost thought that they were in your head until I confirmed it with Alex. He goes you hearing this too, I go, yeah, dude, I hear this. And then the other group right about a mile away radios to us describing the exact same vocalization, so they were hearing it too, but it was just so quiet and so faint that our audio recorders unfortunately did not pick him up. So it's just another story in the bank. But I have recorded a vocalization there the year prior to that, so and it came from the exact same direction. It's up on the hill away from layered meadow. And that's the most beautiful thing about Bluff Creek is that you know you have stuff going on there in the Golden era, big footing in the sixties, and you know you still have stuff going on there today, and it makes you really feel like you're a part of history. If you go up there to that Bluff Creek area and you know your history, it's like an outdoor museum, and an outdoor museum where stuff still happening in the same exact places we've had. Stuff happened exactly where Jerry Crew cast the Bigfoot track. So yeah, it's this is such a cool connection. Makes you feel like you're all just part of that history.
Speaker 5: Seeing the nineteen fifty eight on the Notice Creek bridge really drove it home for me back in the day when I started going there in the mid nineties or whatever, It's like, oh, yeah, look at that nineteen fifty eight. I bet Jerry Crew built this bridge, and sure enough he did. Actually, once I became more knowledgeable about the history back in the day, it's like, oh yeah, that's where Jerry was of course, So.
Speaker 2: It's so cool. And I mean we were even up near Layered at a little cutout there and we found pieces of heavy machinery and when you kind of rub the rust off a little bit, you see the date, and the date was nineteen fifty one, and you see that on one of my videos. So we found machinery from the golden era of the logging the logging times up there, and that's just really neat to me. That's very cool.
Speaker 5: And since you're familiar with Laired Meadow, you know a little pond right there by the only real campsite there is in the area.
Speaker 2: Now, it's exactly where we found this heavy machinery pieces.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that pond is where Bob Titmas got the handprint that he had to drain the pond with the help of his friends from the Barrier group. Then he casts a line of tracks leading up to it or whatever that are on all those casts. The original handprint as well as the footprints are in the Willow Creek Museum as well. So but yeah, that that's actually the pond where Bob tit did that work.
Speaker 2: Which we stood at that pond and we're just looking at the water flowing into it and going, I cannot believe that this guy that must have been a heck of a handprint, because I cannot believe that this guy he would have had to reroute the waterway and then drain it for like one guy to do for a handprint like that's impressive.
Speaker 5: It was so late in the year, it may not be that much of a deal actually, you know, because it was an audio October actually the late October that that happens. So maybe the water is just oother that that's great. That probably helped. Yeah, yeah, I sure did. And of course a rather handprints in the mud as well. You can see him in the photographs that were taken at the site, but he just casts that one unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, there were you know, you also got the Patterson print that was taken some time around there. I believe it was Pat Graves, a for service worker that took him up there and showed him this trackway and Patterson cast his there. So yeah, very active area back then, still an active area today. There was that hair. The first time I ended up meeting you was when we all brought samples of hair that we collected out of layered meadow, brought him up to the NABC there to get him looked at. You have a great database to compare all these hairs to and you also know what you're doing. I have tried to look at hairs under a microscope and my gosh, it is way more difficult than I thought. You got to really know what you're doing. So you know, luckily you just threw them right up there identified them all as bear. But you know, we weren't the We were there and layered a meadow with several people picking hairs off of trees, and my buddy Damian Irons, he picked out a hair and the one that he took to you, that's the one that looked like sasquatch. I talk about the Fahrenbach Gold Standard on my channel. I have a little segment about that, just kind of educating the public over what that is and how doctor Henry Fahrenbach, a primatologist, had collected these hairs and you know, he had a dozen or so hair that didn't fall into the category of any animal, and it had certain characteristics and made them they were very unique. And you know, these hair were also found after a sasquatch siding, or you know, found on trees in our case that looked like they were manipulated by hands. There were these trees with these twists on the top, and that's what we were pulling these hairs off of. And I mean we knew that they were more than likely bear maybe elk, But this one that we grabbed was about like six inches long and looked totally different than anything else we grabbed, and that was the one that Damon kept with him. So that whole thing is in one of my videos. I think I called it a Bluff Creek Bigfoot evidence, and it just takes you on the journey of us, you know, trying to collect evidence, going out to Layered Meadow, looking at these trees and picking out you know, hair and the whole process of getting them looked at. We also stopped by you know, doctor Meldrum's office and got hair looked at as well. He was interested in looking at more of it, and I just show you, you know, his commentary on that. So there's a lot of learning about hair that you can do by watching that episode.
Speaker 5: Well, now luckily we have a Darby study and he has a I just spoke to Derby pretty recently last week. The hair thing is moving ahead. He's got a great team of upper level like grad students, I guess or PhD students at some level who specialize in hair. So don't set them to me anymore. Send them to Darby or Cut at the North Carolina State University for an absolute positive identification for every single sample.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what happened with this hair. It actually ended up in his possession, so that's good news.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And of course I've been sending Derby the Meldrum collection hair as well. Jeff had quite a few samples, and I mean, just by looking at a lot of these, I know that they're not sasquatches, but that doesn't matter. I'm sending them to Derby. There's some sort of a lot of cow and horse and things like that, but there's a lot of very very interesting samples, and I say, oh man, this could very well be the real deal right here. So he's getting everything and now it's just a waiting game. So it would be very very interesting to see if anything good comes out of that stuff. Are there any places that people can meet you in person or perhaps reach out to you, like, what's the best way to do that?
Speaker 2: You can find me via Instagram, Western Bigfood Exploration, find me on YouTube, drop a comment on that channel. Western Bigfood exploration, but also this September, I believe the weekend of the twenty sixth, there is a Sasquatch Festival going on in Packwood, Washington, and I'm going to be one of the speakers. We're also having Moneymaker, He's going to be kind of hosting the whole thing. There's a long list of great people involved, from Nathaniel Bronis to Shane Corson. There's already ticket sales. Ticket sales are already up. You can visit Beyond the Footprint dot com and buy your tickets there, and I hope to meet all of you. They're doing a lot of really new things at this Assquatch Festival, including they're going to do like a night investigation up in the mountains and stream that with starlink so everyone can see. So a lot of new concepts. They're really trying to grow this thing to be a really good legit and science based festival. So it sounds like a lot of fun and I hope to see you guys there in September. Excellent.
Speaker 5: I've not been to that conference, but I've been hearing good things about it, and I'm glad to hear it's going to get bigger and bigger and bigger. We need more local stuff on the West coast. People have been kind of lamenting to me. It's like all the conferences and all the fun get together seem to be an East coast of thing, and there's a couple out here, but not compared to back East Man, there's probably twice as MANI three times is many, back E says, all right here, So I'm glad that one seems to be going strong well. Jonathan, thank you so much for spending some time with us and sharing us, sharing with us what you're up to, as well as your on site investigation of that excellent sighting report that is on the BFRO website. We appreciate your insight, and if you ever get anything else you want to share with us, by all means, just reach out.
Speaker 2: You are more than welcome to come back on. Okay, Yeah, thank you very much. And you should see a video about that. We're talking here about that whole incident, and I want to show it to you guys on camera. So I hope you guys watch that. You know, sub subscribe to my channel and you'll see it soon.
Speaker 3: His channel's definitely quality over quantity. There's not a lot of videos in there, but they're all great. So yeah, folks, that was Jonathan easily. Thanks Jonathan for joining us, and until next week, folks, y'all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond. That's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.