Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and welcome to this glorious Friday. Afterning in the tri State. Things appeared great today, but all hell's about the break loose tonight and tomorrow with rain and hailstorms and high winds and tornadoes and more. Better stay tuned for that. Keep your feet on the ground, but keep your eyes on the sky for the next two or three days. Joan, you and I now is Leland Vindered of News Nation every Monday through Friday at nine o'clock, Leland Villit welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Leland. First of all, you did a segment the last couple of nights about about a wartime president, and I thought it was excellent because we may look back on the start of what's happening in the Ukraine. What's happening now Putin appears to of course, he likes peace, of course, but he has his certain conditions which make peace impossible. We're dealing with a maniacal mass murderer in Vladimir Putin. So before we talk about tariffs and Canada becoming our fifty first state, talk to the American people about the wartime president and your war notes dot com and why you think this could be a precursor to something much more dangerous in the world.
Speaker 2: You know, Bill, American has been through some pretty difficult times, and we forget that, right the Revolution, Civil War to World Wars, the Great Depression nine to eleven, and every time our president has rallied us together and has told us that the times that we are in our difficult these are the sacrifices that are going to be required, oftentimes the ultimate sacrifice by brave Americans.
Speaker 3: But it's going to be worth it in the end.
Speaker 1: And here's why.
Speaker 2: And that I think is what's missing from Donald Trump's rhetoric right now, is that we are very much a wartime country. He is a wartime president economically, trade, warwise, certainly when it comes to Ukraine. There is a real war that America is involved in the Middle East, and we haven't yet heard that kind of rhetoric from Donald Trump. American people are remarkably resilient and also remarkably accepting of sacrifice. Think about how Roosevelt getting re elected during World War Two when you know tens of thousands of Americans were dying. So America is will think about Nixon getting reelected. Americans are willing to sacrifice and to stick by their leader when their leader is telling them why they're sacrificing. I think, especially when it comes to the economy in tariffs, that is something really lacking right now from President.
Speaker 1: Trump, and including George Bush and twenty oh four. Bush forty three was not much of an order. He was, I think a failed president for all kinds of reasons. But he was able to rally the nation in twenty oh four with the Trilateral the Three Demons of deceit all over the Middle East and also in North Korea and China and Rondo. You know, he was able to do it. I think Trump has it in him. When I watched about half of the speech and the joint session about ten days ago, he had soaring rheteric at the end of his speech. But the character of Donald Trump is to punch and CounterPunch and keep punching and counterpunching until your opponent is gone. And I'm not sure he can be I suppose, but if you would ask the average person in New York, Atlanta, Cincinnati, or Las Vegas, hey are we on a wartime footing? I think ninety nine percent would say no, the American people don't feel like we're on the beginning of World War three, which the Trumpster has talked about. But the American people don't appreciate the trade wars in the southern border Ukraine and Israel. We got North Korea. How about this that China has these large barges they've put off their coast to have a to have like a D Day invasion of Taiwan. I saw the photographs on a satellite last night. I'm thinking, you got to be kidding me. These large barges are ready to launch against Taiwan with tens of thousands of Chinese soldiers and also tanks. Why would they do that if they weren't planning soon on invading Taiwan. And if that happens, then I'll hell breaks list. Why don't the American people recognize what we're going to war somewhere in a big way?
Speaker 2: I think the American people recognize that they're hurting you at the average American in any of the cities that you talked about, Hey does your paycheck last to the end of the month. Hey, are you better off now than you were before COVID? Do you feel do you feel economically more secure. Hey, how do you feel about the world right now? Feels kind of crazy, doesn't it. They may not articulate the wartime, they know, they may not like the connection, but that's how they feel.
Speaker 3: And that to me is.
Speaker 2: That the president needs to respond to how the American people feel, and he's not not.
Speaker 1: At this point. Not at this point. And I pray to God China does not invade Taiwan. I like to think Vladimir Putin say, you know what, a million Russian soldiers have been killed and mained. It's time to stop that. I would like to think Hamas would say, okay, unconditional surrender. We lost the war Israel, you one come in, we will surrender our hostages and give up. I don't see that happening. And on the southern border, we're about to deputize I think large numbers of private contractors to exact from this country illegal aliens, which is going to cause more of a frame.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about the Eric Prince plaint?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Eric Prince, Yeah, it's not gonna happen. I don't think so, but I know it's being discussed. But well, it's up to the leadership. Eric on this Eric on the show's not gonna happen, and I think that would cause turmoil. But at this point, we'll see. All I can say is we'll see what happens. Secondly, about Canada, you did a great segment on this, and I mentioned it about a week ago that why in the world would a Republican president ever went Canada to become the fifty first state when they're a little bit bigger than California. Give us the numbers if this happens, which I think would be fanciful, that what would happen if Canada became the fifty first state?
Speaker 2: So Canada gets fifty seven electoral college, fifty five members of the House, which ensures unquestionably no Republican ever wins the presidency and Republicans never control the House Representatives again period, and unlikely to control the Senate.
Speaker 1: Full stop right there, full stop.
Speaker 2: Look, math does not lie. So you can choose your own you can choose your own opinions, you can't choose your own facts. Those are the facts. It is perplexing to me. I guess the best argument Donald Trump could have if he wants to turn it into like a Puerto Rico, like a territory or a protectorate, which again, why would you want to protect it. The fact that they have universal healthcare up there, which is our guest point out last night, is not universal. Less to healthcare is universal access to a waiting room and to high taxes.
Speaker 3: But I think the bigger point here.
Speaker 2: Is the Donald Trump trolling of Canada. It's kind of funny, but it might be missing the larger issue, which is that it is doing the opposite of what Trump wants to have happened in Canada. Because what Trump wants to have happened in Canada it's.
Speaker 1: A worthy goal, is to get rid of.
Speaker 2: The liberal lunatic policies and government of Canada and replace it with a government that is more sane both on climate and therefore energy production, more willing to be an honest trading partner of the United States, more willing to commit to NATO, and more willing to have reasonable and tough immigration laws to stop the Chinese from exploiting Canada and from mass Muslim migration. Five very valid points. The problem is by continuing to call Canada the fifty first state, he is emboldening the liberal leadership in Canada. Canada was about ready to elect a conservative prime minister. Now they're back on the liberal train.
Speaker 3: So this we may have to figure.
Speaker 2: Out how the art of the deal, the weed is going to come back here.
Speaker 1: In fact, months ago it was an article of faith that liberalism had failed in Canada and that their ex prime minister was to the left of Gavin Newsom, and that Canada was ready to try like constitutional conservatism, republicanism. That's out, that's out completely. And now the Canadians have united against America. And I would also point out, relative to the tariffs of this place into Canada, that I looked it up that Canada produces every year about two million automobiles, two million light vans, trucks and cars. Two million, the great majority come to America. And so a US senator friend of mine, I talked to him a couple of nights ago about this. I said, is Donald Trump this smart? He said, what do you mean? I said, well, Canada produces two million vehicles, the great majority of which come to America, and that the two major imports into America from Canada are cars from four GM Stillanus and others, and the other thing is energy. And honestly, he wants those cars there's two million vehicles to be made here. And he also we have all the energy that we need. However, it's much cheaper to have it from Alberta than to have these new plants and pipelines, et cetera. I said, but long term, does he hold Canada's economic future in the palm of his hand? Referring to Donald Trump? And if you eliminate automobile production in Canada, which is a huge business two million cars every year, and on top of it energy production, Canada almost collapses. And that's not good either, to have a collapse failed state on our northern border. That's angry at us. So I would ask you Leland VENDERTI of News Nation, is Trump that smart? Or is he blundered into this blindly to something that's going to hurt us in the long run because we need a stable trading partner. But they've been taking advantage of us. But can you imagine the Canadian economy with two million less vehicles and all that entails plus no energy coming from Canada, What does Canada look like?
Speaker 3: What does Canada look like?
Speaker 2: It looks like a country that then looks to China.
Speaker 1: Well, they're begun that turned now that they're talking about having closer relations to China and maybe in the right and I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: What and they did all this.
Speaker 2: They did all this after Donald Trump started talking about wanting the fifty wanting him to be the fifty first state.
Speaker 1: Well, but.
Speaker 2: The problem with treating the presidency like a reality TV show. And We've done a lot of stories that the chaos theory in Donald Trump's way of doing business works.
Speaker 3: A lot of times.
Speaker 2: It yields results, and it does, but it comes at a cost, which is you turn something into a reality show, and sometimes you get these unintended consequences. You start talking about Canada the fifty first state, it sounds funny, It sort of galvanizes public opinion, It gets everybody a flutter, and it owns the libs in the United States and gets CNN, MSNBC all a gas, which is what Donald Trump likes.
Speaker 3: That's all fine.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it works, sometimes it yields big results. But in this case, what it's done I think is it's had an unattended consequence. And and clearly when you do the you know, ready fire aim routine, you missed, sometimes just appears to be a mess.
Speaker 1: And I would say that Trudeau is more popular now and Canada has ever been that the new premiere is one hundred percent organizing Canada against US, and maybe in the long run some deal will be struck, for they're going to lower their barriers a lot more of our products into Canada and vice versa. You also have picked a huge fight with the fight with the EU. You can't find a Chevrolet or a Ford anywhere in Europe, but BMW's and Mercedes are all over the all over the world. Here ferraris, they're here, And doesn't Trumpster have a point that reciprocal tariffs make sense and that we don't have reciprocity now, and that Europeans are now getting mad at them for all kinds of reasons. I don't care much about Europeans. It's basically Europe right now as a museum. It's not a compilation of countries that are functioning. Europe is largely a museum for tourists to go and look at the glories of the past. But he's picking fights with everybody all over the world. And I go back to my conversation with his US senator. Is he that smart? Can he look ahead four or five moves and say, all of a sudden, the EU is going to lower their tariffs and our forge and Showy's going to be there with Canada. He's got them all riled up. At some point in next year or two, there's going to be a deal struck, and that we're going to have more farming products going there, more lumber going there, and that maybe a million cars we made in Canada instead of two million. And then on the southern border, we're going to have no illegal immigration whatsoever. And I hope Donald Trump is that smart, and I think maybe he is. If I had to vote today for him, I'd vote for him again ten times rather than the alternative, which was a disaster on the southern border. And whenever I argue with somebody who said, men, it looks like a lot of chaos, I said, imagine the other side. What would America look like if.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe Biden, these always say, don't compare me to the almighty, compare me to the alternatives, and everyone that's really great.
Speaker 3: And people care.
Speaker 2: It did work for a while, and that was how he talked about, don't compare me to Donald Trump in the chaos.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't work because the American people don't think about the alternative.
Speaker 2: They think about their lives right now, and the.
Speaker 3: Blaming Joe Biden and the oh it could be worst line.
Speaker 2: It works on cable TV, and it is something that you know kind of right now because people still remember Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Will have will be effective. It's not going to be effective in six months.
Speaker 2: It's just not That's not how the American people think. And Trump supporters can say it over and over and over again, but history tells us that that type of rhetoric just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Joe Biden didn't have the linguistic skills to overcome the arguments. And when Kamala Harris was talking about I promise to continue the policy. So Joe Biden, that was the death knell of her campaign. If we can look at it in six months and let's say it's the middle of September and we have a the tax cuts are in effect. He's worked out trade deals all over the world, that Vladimir Putin has stopped his advances on the Ukraine, that Hamas largely has surrender had been obliterated by the by the Israeli military and the Chinese. For those large barges off the east coast of their country, ready to invade Taiwan doesn't happen, and there and there's flourish and there's great economy, the markets back up. Uh, would you be surprised?
Speaker 2: I think that is a awfully lot of bounces on the pool shot on the pool table, boom boom?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Is it? Is it possible that?
Speaker 2: And I would think, really we need to look to for a year, okay, and in that that Trump has brought about significant good change into your point, trade deals have have changed, that there's something different in Ukraine that the continuing meat grinder has stopped.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't. I would be surprised.
Speaker 2: I Vladimir Putin had been put in his place, really, that the Chinese, in one way or another, back down, and that Israel has wiped out her mind.
Speaker 1: Oh well, and and no illegal migration, that's all stopped. There's balanced budgets, he's.
Speaker 3: On the border, he's won the board. And why they're not talking.
Speaker 2: About that more? I don't understand. It's perplexing to me. Take your wins and celebrate your wins, which is rule number one in politics. He did what Joe Biden, he did in one month with Joe Biden said couldn't be done in four years. So that's an important point. But I think that the Donald Trump sort of legacy right is going to be written after for you and certainly after a year this all these like all the and I asked the Republicans yesterday, you know, the freak out in bed wedding for lack of a better term over tariffs, and that, you know, the the ten percent dip in the stock market and everything else, said get a grip, really like you may be right that this is going to be bad for the economy. You may be wrong, but we don't know right now.
Speaker 3: And the procrastinations are a lot. But the one thing that.
Speaker 2: I think is clear about Trump. If he has a he has a game plan. He's following to a line.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 2: You've got to see where this ends. And what is remarkable to me, and I think it's an undercovered story, is how Donald Trump has destroyed the Democrats.
Speaker 3: Democrats said Trump was going to destroy America. Trump has destroyed Democrats. They are right.
Speaker 2: Now You've got Democrats rallying around a pro Haamas Syrian and saying he can't be deported and refusing to vote for a bill that bans sports. That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: That's real impressive, because when you rally around that Khalil character and say that boy, we're going to take our future on Khalil and boys playing girl sports and men playing in Wimbledon against women, and you stake your political life on that hill, you're going to die on that hill. But all right, we got to run. But Leland vetter to Warnotes dot Com Monday through Friday every night on News Nation, and to begin, you believe the president is a wartime president, and we pray that he wins these wars. As America generally does not accept World War two, but Leland vedit once again. Thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Leland, you're a great American. Thank you very much. Always fun, God bless you. Let's continue with more. If you would tap on the shoulder of the average American and say, you know what, are we in a wartime footing? No, we're not on a wartime footing. He's worried about prices, worried about the stock market, that kind of stuff. We'll see what happens. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW arlet you and I continue and if the line becomes available five one three, seven four nine, seven thousand pounds seven hundred. The new AT and D Steve molloy will be here after one o'clock today. Because there's clear evidence that billions of dollars of your money was sent out to left wing causes, including a whole bunch of NGOs that spent money like drunken salors. The head of the EPA sent out an email, this is under Joe Biden about a year and a half ago, that he had one hundred billion dollars in walking around money from the Inflation Reduction Act that had not been spent yet. So he wanted to shovel out the door literally one hundred billion dollars of your money. And by the way, a lot of it was borrowed from bond holders around the world in order to fund left wing causes, including NGOs, because of the great need of immigration and other reasons. So Stacy Abrams, the failed gubernatorial candidate and Georgia was kind of told, why did you make an application form of five one, C three or C four quickly and we're going to funnel to you two billion dollars. You can take your management fees or whatever, and then you can talk about insulating homes in rural Georgia, or maybe voter registration in Mississippi or do something like that. And so she took the money. And now I know that Pam Bondi and others in the Department of Justice are looking about where the money went. Where are the receipts? Did you file that taxes on the money you received? What happened to that the Clinton Foundation received one hundred and ninety four million dollars in one tranch with a nineteen million dollar management fee. This is a way the Democrats for years have paid off their their sickophans and devotees to get them lots of money, your money, a lot of it borrowed to pay off. And there all their causes, including Columbia University and other colleges and universities that get billions of dollars from you for various studies and grants and and work of one type or another, exchanging papers back and forth at your expense. Some of the pillars of the Democratic Party are collapsing, which is a wonderful thing. We can't afford all this, Democrats. Can you imagine as Leland Vittert said, what would have happened if Kamala Harris had won the presidency in that great speech a couple of weeks ago by the President, it would have been Harris at the podium, and to her right would have been Hakeem Jeffries. To her left would have been Tim Waltz. Do you think those three would say, we got to be frugal when it comes to money, We got to crack down on the Southern border. We have to be hard as we can on hamas the answer all those questions of courses.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: And so when some of the national types say we're on a war footing, I don't know about that. But if it is the case that somehow we're in difficult waters, who do you want at the helm? Kamala Harris or Donald Trump? Thank god that trump'ster is there. The Southern Border is a great success. It's down to a trickle. In fact, one day, a couple days ago, on Wednesday, they had fifty people the apprehend of the Southern border. The numbers used to be fifteen thousand per day. That gave the human traffickers billions of dollars a year and free money and god knows what else. And now that whole industry has collapsed, the NNGO industry, non government organizations funded by the government are largely now collapsing because they don't have the house clothes and feed tens of millions of illegals from around the world and placed them in locales like Wyoming, Ohio, placed them in Springfield, Ohio, placed them where they should not be. And we're talking billions and billions of dollars that right now are not going to be spent. And so we needed this badly. So when some say that we weren't a war footing, if that's the case, thank god. We have Donald Trump and all the problems he's dealing with in the first two months of his presidency, none of which were created by him directly or indirect. Number one, the Southern border, a complete crisis in which we've been anywhere from twenty to thirty million illegals poor across the Southern border, paid for by you, ruining hospitals and emergency rooms and schools all over the country, to say nothing of the crime being committed by about ten to fifteen percent of the illegals. And it's going to take years, if not decades to encourage those here illegally to get the hell out. Would this have happened if Kamala Harris was the president, of course not. It was more chaos and confusion that the modern Democratic Party thrives on. What did Trump have to do with the problems on the southern border. Absolutely nothing, zero, zilch. He's solving them. It's a great resolution in the first two months, only to get better the trade wars. He didn't cause any of this stuff. It was caused by Democrats and Republicans like George Bush and Kamala Harris and Joe Biden and Barack Hussein Obama and others who wanted to open borders in NAFTA. That was a Clinton issue. That's how the middle of America emptied out because the jobs went north and south. NAFTA free trade. That's great, but we had free trade but not Canada. I did some a little bit of research to discover that Canada, mainly through American auto production companies like Stillanis and Ford and General Motors create make manufacture two million light trucks and cars every year to be shipped mainly to America, employing literally millions of Canadian workers. And there's thousands of small companies part of the deal. To make a brand new light truck or a car, thousands of companies supply the products. And so Donald Trump makes the point every year there's about seventeen million vehicles sold in America. Seventeen million. How come this two million made in Canada when it could be made in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky or Tennessee. Why is that? Well, it's because the establish Republican and Democrats and Mitch McConnell types had no problem with Canadians and or Mexicans building cars under NAFTA and bringing them into this country to sell. Our jobs are there, Our money is there, We're paying interest in the money that we borrow. The jobs are largely gone in the Midwest of small manufacturing companies. And guess what. We finally have a president that said not on my watch. How come American car makers make their Fords and GM products in Canada and Mexico and not in the United States. Well, it's because it's a little bit less expensive, and with free trade without tariffs, guess what, we might as well do it that way to make more profit. When now Honda has said last week they're going to move their construction facilities for their new civic hybrid to Indiana from Warres, Mexico. Many other thousands of small companies are saying, look, because of these tariffs, we may have to locate these shops and out of America. We are the market. And so did Donald Trump cause any of that? Of course not. He wants to solve the problem for middle class Americans.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 1: I have a pretty good friend that's a US senator and we talk privately, and I'm not going to mention his name, but he says, I said to him, is Trump this smart?
Speaker 5: Can?
Speaker 1: He look six or seven moves ahead like he's playing vulcan blindfolded three dimensional chess and others are playing checkers. See that's smart at that he might be, because within a year of these policies, there's going to be thousands of businesses wanting to locate inside of America because the tariffs are so high they can't make products elsewhere and sell them here that we buy on borrowed money. Heck, the credit card debts are up to one point three trillion dollars. Most Americans have maxed out their credit cards. And why are two million American cars made in Canada and not an Indiana, Kentucky in Ohio. I don't know. Is Trump going to solve that problem. He's sure as hell going to try. And relative relative to the EU, I can't tell you how many European products are sold here, whether it's Volkswegen or Mercedes Benz, whether it's Ferrari, things of that character and BMWs Mercedes that they're sold here. We can't get Ford's and Chevies into Europe zero Zilt's noted because their tariffs are so high. The product to be purchased by a German or by a Frenchman is so high because of the tariffs that there's no market for American products in Europe. But we have no problem with little or no tariffs to them their products being sold here, putting to work Germans and French and the Italians. Now, why is that?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Did Donald Trump cause that problem? I don't think so, No, he didn't. Does he want to solve it? Absolutely with reciprocal tariffs. Charge five percent twenty thirty forty percent for American products to be sold in your in your nation. We're going to charge the same thing for manufactured products there to be sold here, and I'm not sure the administration of Donald Trump has done a good job in actually selling that to the American people. How tariffs, which he talked about repeatedly during the campaign, are good for the American worker, Is it good for Canadians?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I know a few Canadians they're so angry at Donald Trump. They can't stand it. The kind of the jig is up. And he said, look, we don't need your energy, and we don't need your car manufacturers. We got all the energy we need right here. And secondly, we have all the car manufacturers we need right here. In fact, we could use more. And all the ancillary businesses supported by that. So, if you're a Canadian and you were extremely unhappy with the direction of the of the country under the previous administration, which was terrible, awful, Trudeau did allow see job liberal. In fact, till about four or five months ago, the Conservative Party was going to win in Canada for the first time in forty years because the policies of Trudeau, justin Trudeau were so left wing and liberal that you're the right to free medical care, you're the right to wait in a waiting room for free medical care. That often didn't come. It's a canard. And so now there's another liberal that's going to take over their prime ministership. There's an election happening in July, which Liberals are likely to win because they're fighting America. They're united against the outside enemy, which is the United States. Did Donald Trump calls any of those difficulties. I don't think so. In fact, he's the solver of these difficulties. How about this, ninety five percent of our pharmaceuticals, whether it's Tyland, oll or etc. Or fancy other drugs, ninety five percent or manufactured ware and red China and shipped here and large containers. And because it is much less expensive there to make them and ship them here than to make them here. Well, Donald Trump wants to change that. Is that his fault? Did he cause that problem? I don't think so. Blame him for that go ahead, But in reality, we have American first president in China. You can't sell an American product in China, especially a vehicle, a car, whatever, without the communist Red Chinese Party's permission. That doesn't happen too much. They don't want American products in China, they want Chinese products in America. And Also, they want to kill as many Americans as possible through drugs and fentanyl. That's a different story. So did Donald Trump cause the problems on the southern border. Did he cause the problems with tariffs? Did he cause the problems with communist red China? None of that. He wants to solve the problem. When it comes to the Ukraine, I believe that Trump was in the White House some four years ago that Vladimir Putin, who's a mass murderer and a liar, would not have invaded Ukraine. He took the advantage of Joe Biden's which aw from Anistan as evidence of the weakness of the American military and the weakness of Joe Biden. Now the war needs to end. Under who's watch did that war begin? Well, that would of course be Joe Biden, the feckless one who wasn't the president. An Auto Pen was the president. So he wants to solve that problem. Did Donald Trump caused the invasion of Russia and to the innocent people of the Ukraine. I don't think so. However, he wants to solve that problem. And then Israel Hamas October seventh, what happened there? The largest killing of jew since the Holocaust, in which thousands of paragliders and other soldiers of Hamas brutally murdered two thy one hundred civilians, including beheading babies, raping every woman they could find, and setting men ablaze tied to a rope like they were a dog and watch him burn to death. They also it took two hundred and fifty hostages that here we are a year and a half later, can't get them back. Di Donald Trump calls that problem. No, Who's watch did that happen?
Speaker 3: Under?
Speaker 1: Of course, Joe Biden, the feckless one, the auto pen the man who allowed faceless, nameless bureaucrats to run the presidency, shoveling billions of dollars out the door to NGOs and liberal causes to spend willy nilly, and Trump calls none of those difficulties. So when I look at this idea that all hell's breaking loose in the first two months of the Trump administration, what it's happening because of the failure of Joe Biden and the Democrats until he took office. Of the last twelve years, there was eight years of Biden, four years of Trump, tied down by the Democrats now four years of Biden, so you go through twelve of the last sixteen years or the policies of the modern Democratic Party, and Donald Trump's trying to work his way out of it. That's what's going on, and the media objectively will not cover him because it's not in their interest. Everything is chaos, everything is ugly instead of the resolution of problems. Have you looked at the price of gasoline? Have you looked at the southern border? Have you looked at hundreds of thousands of federal workers that may get a pink slip? Have you looked at the cost The price of your four oh one K might be a two oh one K or a three on one k. Once these policies infiltrate into the American economy, that four oh one K is going to be a six to oh one K because it works. The policies of Ronald Reagan worked. The first two years Reagan was in bad shape. Nineteen eighty two was a terrible Republican year. But by the time eighty four rolled around, the policies worked, and Reagan won forty nine to fifty states, including California and New York and Massachusetts, unbelievable. These policies will work. They're human policies, they're an American policy, and Donald Trump will work. And if we're heading towards some sort of a war and that Chinese situation is serious, they have huge barges moored off the eastern coast of China ready to invade Taiwan, which will at the American economy. We might go through one or two years of a living hell. And if that happens, who do you want to be your commander in chief? Donald Trump or Kamala Harris. So for those who say that Trump is causing all this o contrere mon frere, what's happening clearly is that he's picking up the pieces of some twelve years of failed international policies to get things back to normal. Let's continue on that front. Start starting in about twelve minutes or so, Steve molloy will be here. He comes with the receipts of how the Democratic Party, using your tax dollars, paid for their supporters, not just a little bit of money, but literally billions and billions of dollars for the best of purposes. And now nngo's benefited through private contracts with Homeland Security to house clothed and feed millions of illegals and transport them by air all over the country at your expense. That gig is up plus later on, as Professor Yuri Kaufman's happening to our college campuses is pretty ugly, you know, when I take a look to my left of what's happening even now at Columbia, why some parent would send their kid to Columbia University is literally beyond my capability to understand. And it's a hotbed of left wing astro turf activism in which outside entities are paying professional agitators to cause chaos in New York City, including a Trump Tower. And so that's again an ugly, ugly situation that hopefully can resolve itself. But we're in trouble and Donald Trump is the antidote, He's not the cause. So let's continue with more plus later on. I guess we're not getting ready for much basketball till March Madness, and the final picks are in for Sunday. Allegedly, Xavier is going to play in Dayton in the tournament last four in according to Joe Lonardi, but we'll see what happens and that's better than going out to Las Vegas or maybe playing in the National Invitational Tournament. Now, of course, Xavier did win the NIT about four five years ago. The National Invitation Tournament was won by Xavier. There were sixteen points up and couldn't hold it against Marquette, which was sad, but nonetheless it is what it is. March madness is not so mad anymore. There's a good chance the Xavier. I don't think U see's going anywhere. Dayton, very unlikely, Miami, I guess possible, but unlikely. UK will be in. Louisville is going to be in because of Pat Kelsey and March madness isn't as mad as it used to be. But help is on the way. And of course, two weeks from yesterday, Reds Baseball starts, and hopefully this team is going to be as good as we think they're going to be. Twelve fifty six, Home of your Reds and March Madness. News Radio seven hundred wul of Yeah, Bill Cunningham, the Great America. Of course, Steve malloy is an expert when it comes to government spending. He's an Institute fellow and former Trump EPA transition member. And he's also the headquarters of junk science dot com has a great story up about one of the reasons I voted for Donald Trump, about five or six of them, was maybe to break down the government spending, which is a complete waste. And now we've learned the Department of Justice has just launched an investigation into the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund, which received twenty seven billion dollar payout from Joe Biden's Inflation and Reduction Act. And the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund was distributed between eight groups and guess what, all are headed by former members of the Obama and Biden administrations, including Stacy Abrams, several of which were suspecially found. They were founded just after the opening of the Grand Application. That's like me and Tony Benner getting together and say we'll put in the grant. Let's get a five OC five' one C three together, call it a Cleaner Environments in Ohio, and all of a sudden, literally hundreds of millions of dollars flow into our account and then we get to work that same that's same Malloy's with us now, and once again, it's unbelievable. I'd love this kind of story, this kind of Reporting, Steve Malloy tell the American people about what the Department of Justice is now investigating about this twenty seven billion dollar EPA green scheme.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, if you're only getting hundreds of millions of dollars, you're not very good at this bill So since Trump's been in office, an EPA A, you know, finally uncovered all these billions and twenty seven billion that went the EPA to establish this thing called a green bank, and you know it's part of the Inflation Reduction Act, spending a trillion dollars, and so EPA got twenty seven billion dollars to hand out to its friends in the environmental movement, and some of these groups got as much as like eight billion dollars. A group formed by Stacy Abrams got two billion dollars. And before she got the two billion dollars had they had one hundred dollars in that bank account. Because as you said, these are all pop up groups. As soon as they announced it ailability of money, all these groups were set up and the process was wired and they just got billions of dollars. So EPA and the Department of Justice are now in the process of trying to claw this money back. You know, it was parked at City Bank, which was literally thrown out, uh you know, as as Lee's Elvin's video showed. It was like gold bars thrown off the Titanic. And they went to City Bank for as a staging area or a parking place for all this money to go to these green groups. So the Department of Justice is now looking into the criminality ETA is trying to claw this money back. Last week, I was watching MSNBC because I'd like to see what they're saying, and Stacy Abram showed up to defend what she had done. And she told Chris Hayes, the MSNBC person, that what they were doing was they were buying appliances.
Speaker 3: For poor people.
Speaker 5: They had planned to buy appliances for poor puble So if you liked Obama phones, you remember the Obamas from like twenty twelve, you know they used to buy votes in Detroit or wherever you're gonna love Biden refrigerators and Biden air conditioners.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Of course, none of this worked out for Kamala Harris. But you know, the Greens still have the money, and we still have to and now they actually they actually have the the hutzpot to sue the Trump administration to get the money right.
Speaker 1: In some federal judgment, some of them might order it to be paid. Because we have eight hundred federal judges six hundred district courts. I guess they have their own public policy arms in the federal judiciary, and they're gonna require Trump, like in USA, to give the money out even if they shouldn't. So going back to Stacy Abrams, this is the woman out of Georgia that trice twice ran against Brian Camp lost each time, and so she was looking for money. And so I would think someone in the Biden administration and the so called energy area got a hold of these eight or nine persons who worked for the Biden Obama administrations and said, we have some serious money to hand out, but you have to have a group to do it. And she also said she also did some insulation of homes in Georgia. She did insulation and bought them dishwashers and refrigerators with this two billion dollars. Is this criminal? I mean, you're not a criminal lawyer? Well did that?
Speaker 5: It sounds to me like a criminal criminal law in law school. So I have some idea, Well, the whole thing was a crime. I mean, you know this you got to keep in mind. And PLACI Reduction Act was rammed through Congress, only passed because Kamala Harris cast a tie breaking vote. You know, as soon as the law was passed, the EPA administrator I have them on tape bragging about getting one hundred billion dollars, you know, be a billion with a bee, one hundred billion dollars in walking around money, which of course is you know, of buying money, because it's that's the phrase you use, walking around money. And you know, during twenty twenty four head the election, sixty four billion dollars of that money was dumped into battleground states, obviously to help Kamala Harris win. Now it failed. I mean, so you know she didn't just waste a billion dollars of private donors money. She wasted sixty five billion dollars and still lost.
Speaker 1: It's I look at this and I'm thinking you it comes to mind, You've got to be kidding me that this is not criminal. And I'd like to track the refrigerators, track the dishwashers, see about the washers and dryers. Where's the insulation? Is a foam insulation. How did this happen? And this all happened in the past what year, sixteen months before I know.
Speaker 5: That she's I don't know that she's actually gotten any of the money to actually buy anything, but she was scheduled to get it. And look, I've been a federal contractor, I've gotten grants.
Speaker 3: You know, they crawl up your rear end.
Speaker 5: You need to have lawyers and accountants and they check your bona fides. You can't just have some Bogue Bank account with one hundred dollars in it like Stacy Abrams. And also Stacy Abrams has just no experience in installation or appliances or EPA or the environment or anything. You know, this was clearly just giving her money for whatever reason she wanted to spend it on.
Speaker 1: And this thing. Are you saying that you have hope that the Trump Start can recapture some of this money that went to these eight to nine groups, this twenty seven billion dollars shoveling money out the door before the election. Is there a chance the taxpayer can be repaid?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, but it's gonna be hard, right because the left, I mean, they don't just you know, follow these lawsuits in any court. They follow the lawsuits in the court that they're going to win, you know, at the trial court, they're going to win at the appeals court, and stuff has to go to the Supreme Court, and then you have to hope that the conservative justices like are interested in taking the case. So yeah, I think Trump is going to try. Trump is gonna you know, I think he's got he sort of has a city bank by the short hairs, because unless they want to be regulated to death, they'd better cough up that money. So, you know, we'll see. But I mean this just goes to show how out of control our government is. And you know, I understand people are concerned about what's going on and you know, tariffs and stuff like that, but our government is out of control. We cannot afford it. You know, there may be some short term pain in fixing the situation, but the situation has to be fixed. We cannot have a government where no count people like Stacy Abrams just get two billion dollars to do whatever she wants with.
Speaker 1: We're sixty minutes, we'res CBS News, Where's NBC, ABC, Where's PBS? Where are they saying? Now, wait a minute, where are you? Why aren't they investigating.
Speaker 5: This because they're on her side, They're in on it. Yeah. When I was watching MSNBC with her on, Chris Hayes just like nodding, like, yeah, she's got a legitay, legitimplation, had a legit project. It's crazy. I mean, people don't understand, especially conservatives, don't really understand the dire shape we're in and how evil the other side is.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about EV's and Tesla for many years. Of course, I'm not going to buy an EV. I have a hybrid which I love, and I get like forty miles to the gallon. It's wonderful, and the electricity is produced by the tires, etc. It's wonderful. But the liberals loved Evs. They loved him so much that Tesla and Elon Musk was the patron saint of liberalism because he was bringing EV's to the roadways. The government shoveled out billions of dollars, I said, billions and billions of dollars to the EV industry and large, large amounts of money. And they did that in order to keep it going. So they gave the Afford and all the others these billions of dollars. Then they gave individuals seven thousand dollars each to buy an EV. But all of a sudden, evs are now in the crosshairs. Other day, when Donald Trump had Elon Musk on the driveway of the White House showing all these great evs, the coverage by MSNBC was disgusting. How come the liberals which loved evs, loved Tesla, and loved Elon Musk have done at Texas al Paso and now attacking him and trying to burn down Tesla dealerships, burning out these so called power stations for evs that costs US something like eight billion dollars. Explain that to me.
Speaker 5: Well, I just don't care about EV's. They don't care about the environment, they don't care about the climate. None of this is about that. This is all about political power. They're going after trying to intimidate Musk. You know, they want to threaten Musk's business, which you know, his ed business, Tesla is the bulk of his fortune, so that's what they're going after. You know, I just find it interesting. I worked in for an Ohio coal company during the Obama years, and Obama killed fifty thousand hot paining coal jobs, many of them were in Ohio, and hundreds of thousands of others support industry and local jobs. And you know, none of those people burned down anything. I mean, they just you know, they just went quietly into the good knight. Now Here you have these leftists, you know, Elon Mosk and President Trump are trying to fix the federal government, you know, get the spending under control. They don't like it, so they're going to burn down tesl dealerships.
Speaker 1: Bringing about what they seek to avoid. And so at one point, well, when Biden and Obama destroyed millions and millions of small manufacturing jobs and energy jobs, how about the pipeline. The first thing Biden did was canceled the pipeline. Did did sixty minutes saddle up next to pipeline workers in South Dakota and talk about how terrible it is the decision of Joe Biden to cancel the Excel pipeline and the impact that has. But if a federal worker loses his or her job, it's a national story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nobody cared about all these coal miners. People were just glad to see you go, you know, glad to see it go away. These leftists are crazy. People don't understand the mindset of the leftists, and they're just they're crazy. They are going to destroy our country.
Speaker 3: They already.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, look how hard it is. Look at the situation we're in where Stacy Abrams is getting two billion dollars and tens of billions of other dollars are going out, and they tried to buy the election with Inflation Reduction Act money, and you know, where's the dollary. I've been talked about this since it happened. You know, the the e clip of the EPA administrator saying that he got one hundred million dollars in walking around money. I posted that after the Inflation Reduction Act was passed in August twenty twenty two. I talked about the dumping of the money that tens of billions into the battleground states last fall. But you know, I mean, finally people have dived into this. It's just outrageous.
Speaker 1: So the EPAID director under Biden said, and this was in the media, I have one hundred billion dollars in walking around money. And the messages, calls were made, text were sent out. You got to put together a five on one C three call it insult in Georgia or dishwashers in South Carolina, and we're going to give you two billion dollars. So the city Bank got the money from the federal government and then it's sitting there getting great interest. And then when the bureaucrats say it's good to release the money now to this group. Do you know the name is Stacy Abrams group, but that you put together some fictitious name to get the money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, all the groups are new. They just made up stuff. I think only one of the groups had like more than a year's of you know, existence before. And the really awful part about all of this is that, you know, Republicans. Donald Trump wants to repeal all this spending, the whole Green new scam. He wants to repeal it, but he can't because Republicans in Congress are blocking him. They sent him a letter last week saying that we'd like the Green New Scam spending.
Speaker 1: In fact, explain this to the American people that you would think this is liberal and Democrats, as this is Elizabeth Warren. But there many Republicans telling the Trumps to, hey, let's get into the action. Ourselves. We put together our own five O one C threes. We can do something on the other side and get the money. Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, but we can't afford it.
Speaker 3: The government is broke.
Speaker 5: We just we can't afford anything.
Speaker 3: We've got to stop this.
Speaker 5: We got to stop this now. We spent a trillion dollars in interest payments last year. We're thirty six trillion in debt. Who's got money for this? None?
Speaker 1: And the big money's in the Defense Department. I can imagine there's one hundred billion dollars a year in the Defense Department. How about this? The GAO under Biden said that every budget cycle between two hundred and fifty the five hundred and fifty billion dollars is misspent, waste, fraud, and abuse, and or can't be tracked. And the Defense Department's not passed on audits since seventeen eighty seven. They have no idea where the money is. Tony Bender's great grandparents are one hundred and fourteen years old. Each of them are getting fact checks in the mail from Social Security, and God help you if you want to look into this. Something's wrong. Republicans don't want you to look into this this, this is truly a scam. This is out of steved in five years from now. This is another thing I said a lot of conservatives. If jd. Vance or some other conservative doesn't win the presidency in twenty twenty eight, we go back to the policies of Obama and Biden. The EO is issued by Trump will be put to the side unless it's law, and we're back to where were before. Is that fair to say that this has got.
Speaker 5: To be institentally, But I mean, you know, we've got to get past twenty twenty six. I mean, the Democrats were to take over Congress or even one House of Congress again, you can only imagine what they would try to do. But certainly twenty twenty eight, boy, if we lose the White House, oh my god. You know we are in deep, deep trouble. I mean, the government is twenty five percent of our economy. That is outrageous. We cannot have that. That's why you know, there's so many people upset about not getting their checks because the government just gives everybody checks except for the hard working people.
Speaker 1: It used to be seventeen eighteen percent of the economy was federal government spending now it's twenty five percent schedule to go up, and the other thing even though the CRS I guess going to happen. Nonetheless, we're in the middle right now of the Biden budget, which started October first of twenty twenty four. It goes to October first of twenty twenty five, and unless those changes in the law, this will all be temporary. In America will rush again toward bankruptcy. With Steve molloy, I tell you a great website, he's junk science dot com. But to give Stacy Abrams two billion dollars, they have the federal government seek out administrators from the Obama era in order to give them hundreds of billions? Did the EPA directors say, I got one hundred billion dollars in walking around money? Who wants it? That's the level of thing crazy. I don't know what to say. But the investigation, where's CBS, Where's PBS, where's NPR? Why are they investigating this?
Speaker 5: Well, they're defending them, right, That's that's how I came across the Stacey Abrams clip. They're defending her. I'm speechless, and.
Speaker 1: That's hard for you and I to say. But Steve molloy Junk Science dot Com. Thanks for putting light on these cockroaches. Maybe they'll go into the boards. We'll see, Steve malloy, Thank you all. Let's continue with more one hundred billion dollars walking around money. Who wants it do? Cunningham seven hundreds wlw Ross with a.
Speaker 7: Basketball seventy five percent free throw shooter on the year, holds it on his hip as he looks at his target left tander lets it go and it is good. Every single free throw that they've made byron yep has been nothing but rim and then net.
Speaker 4: But they've not missed.
Speaker 7: That's housed off the back of the rim, in the front of the rim, and that'll give Marquette a four point lead with two point eight seconds ago, eighty eight eighty four second free throw on the way.
Speaker 4: That is good.
Speaker 7: I'll make it eighty nine eighty four, and all Kyle weapon do is bring it across the timeline, launch.
Speaker 1: The three mag city bank it in.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 7: That'll just adjust the final score. It's a two point loss for the Musketeers in the corner finals to Marquette eighty nine eighty seven. And Marquette shot brilliantly from the outside of the second half. They were nine of eighteen from three point range, nineteen to thirty one from the field, sixty one percent of their shooting.
Speaker 4: Next their shooting.
Speaker 7: Proudness knocks off the Musketeers and out of the Big East Tournament. The final score Marquette in the nine Xavier eighty seven.
Speaker 8: Oh hello, quiet spokes, I'm broadcasting, all right, said man.
Speaker 1: At least you see lasting one more DA than Xavier. You see you see e Xavier lasted one more Dathan's U see? Did how about madness? Are you mad? I'm mad? Yeah, I'm maddess. Hardly anybody's gonna make it now. But a few years ago, what everybody ten fifteen rebounds around here? Man, hey, you made it. We didn't have enough reporters to go everywhere. Seg man with Will Atkins. Will Atkins is the state wrestling champion. He loved mister Fuji, he loved the Ultimate Warrior and Will Atkins welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. Correct, thank you, yep, first time, And tell me about the state match. What was the key move that you had? Was it the elbow, was it the what was that the pile driver. What did you do?
Speaker 9: I was trying to get to my pile driver, but you know I had to go a little bit more more old fashioned technicol Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you wish they had the rope so you could come off the rope like and.
Speaker 9: Just oh yeah, for sure, that would definitely be tried for a chair if I was the commissioner.
Speaker 1: What if you had a chair chair?
Speaker 9: Any really blunt force object psyching magic dust like the sheep?
Speaker 1: Remember him, he had that dusty thuid and remember that line.
Speaker 4: Him maybe like a snake.
Speaker 1: He was born in twenty oh six segment or twenty oh seven. I'm not sure he remembers all about these guys and Dick the Bruiser. I don't think so. But tell me now, you're a wrestler, and when I played college hoops, I didn't like the rest at all because they had garbage bags on him constantly they ran around to lose weight. How much pain did you go through as a state wrestling champion?
Speaker 9: I mean, it's just honestly pain every day, you know, just going into practice and just grinding, grinding, it's every day, you know, you're just going in there.
Speaker 1: And everybody stinks. Yeah, for sure, what happens if you're like, like at the state tournament and you were like two sixteen, Oh, you get disqualified.
Speaker 4: You just don't miss. That's what comes down to it, right, I mean, you get your doing what everybody you're doing whatever you can.
Speaker 1: And then did you have your last big mac?
Speaker 4: It's been a while, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: Did you got a big course? They went out, call him a big dolly, A big dolly. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I had a lot more big boys in football season, for sure. I haven't really touched one since. I mean, the one right by my house just closed.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, now, the one in Plainfield opened, playfield.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm over in love and so off warts corner.
Speaker 1: That's close. That one closed right now, I drove by a big Dolly. And you know, big Boy, when he was younger, he used to date Dolly. Have you heard the story? No segment's got a coloring book. A big boy was dating a woman named Dolly in the coloring book and they split up, and now they're down in federal court with the divorce. Big boy is suing Dolly Burgers and shakes to get back the big boy. And how many big boys could you eat if you had to Will, I mean, if you had it.
Speaker 4: Usually I go for the super big boy.
Speaker 9: How Menna, I think I could probably get two or three, like my biggest, a big.
Speaker 4: Probably two.
Speaker 1: Usually couple onion rings, maybe cherry coke and a hot fudge game.
Speaker 9: We were throwing in some sides. Definitely, probably too went some onion rings, but onion rings, yeah, probably not maybe three. I think I'm my best day, probably three.
Speaker 1: So why did you choose wrestling? You're a football player. Mueller had a great year and football lost in the finals. I think, is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was ugly. Nonetheless, the quarterback's coming back, but you won't be there. Well, I do decide to wrestle.
Speaker 4: I've been kind of restling my whole life since I was five years old.
Speaker 9: My dad and my grandpa wrestled and on my uncles, so it's just kind of the family tradition, you know, go to Moler, play football and wrestle, So it's kind of just always been mine. I I almost destined the Ioulza wrestled for Molas, so that's how I kind of got into it.
Speaker 1: So when you have babies and children years from now, they're going to go to Muller and maybe get into Deer Park High School? Possibly? Do you admire the graduates of Deer Park? Do you know what deer Park is?
Speaker 4: Yeah? My grandpa's from Deer Park.
Speaker 1: Oh good, yeah about that. He was a great guy. He got out though, didn't he?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got out he went to ye he really Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, do you get a ring when you're the state champ and no one can beat you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I got a I'm good. I probably get the ring next year.
Speaker 1: Got the ring, got the money, got the girls, you got everything.
Speaker 4: That's dash for anything more.
Speaker 1: Honestly, now you're talk got a point there, got a point right there. Segment get us graduate. Not only Will, but Redding's a gage. Murphy went fifty five, and oh he's a state champ. Saint xas Caane Shaugar is a state champion. And the ladies Lakota East Cameron Gresham and Lakota West Kelsey King. Let's get him in segment wrestling champions. I got a text here from Jeff Beckham, one of Mahler's finests, who says that the kid you beat was nationally ranked. So you were not ranked, You were unranked, untied, unscored.
Speaker 9: On so I was I was number two in Ohio. Uh yeah, he was number seventeen in the country. I hadn't been nationally ranked yet just because good an injury. Yeah, I had an injury and a dournet. We went to the national tournament Powerade in Pittsburgh and lost to the Florida state champ and the Pennsylvania runner up, and so I kind of fell out of the rankings with that. But you know, hopefully I'm up for Big Boy, like Big Boy, Big Boy Nationals.
Speaker 1: Now your mother, Stephanie to get to the Blue ash Dolly, don't say big Boy. They're in a divorce court right now and Big Boy is saying you can't use the Big Boy. You can't use hot fudge cake, you can't use cherry coke. They call it dolly Burgers. Get a couple of large dolly burgers and see what you think. They open up About a week ago. I tried to go there and I couldn't get in head line around that. Just go there and eat like a condemned prisoner. Are you bulking up right now to go to Ashland College?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna try to go about two forty.
Speaker 1: What position do you play, if any defensive line you look kind of mean and nasty. See you like Bengals. They need somebody they need to Can you rush the quarterback at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah? At seven sacks this.
Speaker 1: Year and half the line Drey Hendrickson put him in. Not bad. Did you play deer Park in football or anything? How do you know?
Speaker 4: I think we just missed deer Park in.
Speaker 1: The finals or something.
Speaker 4: I think they were on the other side of the bracket.
Speaker 1: And they were lost D six. I think they are D six by the way, Yeah six or seven seven? Smart ass segment. Get me into the STOOSI report. Will you will he the Stuart Reporters a prol service of your local temp Star heating and air conditioning dealers, tapstar quality. You could feel in Cincinnati Cole Sheldon Braun at Braun Heating at five one, three, three eight five, I have seventy seven sixty five. By the way, you're watching Percell on Spectrum and d Alexander was kicking ass like misters. Did you like mister ass as a pro wrestler?
Speaker 4: I can't say I know that one.
Speaker 1: No, that was That was in the nineteen nineties. This is a long time ago. Andre the Giant. Could you defeat Andrea the Giant.
Speaker 4: It'll be close.
Speaker 9: I think uh probably got gottaa from the power bomb there.
Speaker 1: Try to pick him up. Yeah, segment, please continue. We also want to thank market.
Speaker 4: The Man, and I'm saying, whoa right here.
Speaker 9: In Nashville, Tennessee, pal.
Speaker 1: The man, Will Atkins is the man, the man, the Man. Go ahead, well, we went also want to thank Lear's Pride Market letting season is underway Fridays. They got that hot and crispy fish sandwich with a homemade tartar sauce. Pretty and it's delicious and full catering service Deluxe Delhi located at Beautiful Downtown Milford, Learsprime dot com. When Seg would go to Dolly's, he'd put it like a large double big boy in each of his jowls. Just keep him there and then throughout the day just feed on him.
Speaker 4: Really, I can't see that from him.
Speaker 1: I feel like maybe you two ought to get on the floor somewhere and see who gets up. You say, garantee, I won't. You could bench press three fifteen, so you could bench owe me through this Segmentrobably, have you seen the Pete Rose event in which Pete Rose is piled driven by the Undertaker. Have you seen that?
Speaker 4: I cannot say I've seen that.
Speaker 1: And who's in the Ard Rustling Hall of Fame Donald Trump and Pete Rose. But as a classic matchup of Pete Rose getting piled driven into the mat by the Undertaker segment, Please continue? Will you? High school basketball today, the Division three state championship in Dayton. Right now at the half of Prison Mary, looks like they're going to roll the number four in a row. The Cavaliers leading Avon Lake. The Shore goals forty five twenty one at the break. Well, let's get to Alexander in here immediately. If not sooner, then we we say good luck later today to Alter and then Winton Woods in the girls state finals Princeton and Portsmouth tomorrow. The boys semi finals today coming up Wyoming in Maysville and Summit Country Day is in action Lakota West and Aiken on Sunday. Now to the Reds, let's talk about it. Let's see three thirty five hornel carriers inside pitch here on seven hundred WLW against Andrew Bennettendi in the White Sox. Is he playing? I don't know? Please continue. Red's catcher Tyler Stevenson has been diagnosed uh oh with a low grade oblique strain. He will open the twenty twenty five season on the injured list. Have you ever had a low grade oblique strain?
Speaker 4: Saving?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 1: It's not good?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Well? You can't really do anything. You just gotta let it heal. I think it's north of your testicles. Isn't everything? Almost? Joe career best nineteen home runs last year. So now it's Jose Travino and well, I guess we'll see what happens. Maybe Johnny Bench can come back. Number five, seventy five, he'll be on the disabled list. Let's see what else. MLS soccer Tomorrow night, FC Cincinnati at Charlotte FC at seventy SPN fifteen thirty. You need to win a game. College basketball Miami RedHawks in the Maximi Finals tonight in Cleveland against ken State, Kentucky and Alabama tonight at nine to thirty, roll tied Tega otaga away the hero last night for UK and their and their game winning baskets. What's his name? Otagua Oway? Will you know him?
Speaker 4: Nope? S mouthful?
Speaker 1: Though Louisville plays Clemson to night. The Dayton Flyers play in the quarterfinals against Saint Joseph tonight in the A ten. How does the football team look next year?
Speaker 4: Dan's craventally.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you don't care anymore. No, we're just kidding. They just reloaded. Guess how's the baseball team. A good friend of mine, Wally Sweeney, and his grandson plays baseball. He says, they're pretty good. I'm gonna go batting practice. I'm gonna pitch him. I'm gonna pitch to him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we should be good. I'm going to bring it home this year.
Speaker 4: That's planned.
Speaker 1: I think last year got close. I think with the Mason beat Mueller at the end.
Speaker 9: Yeah, lost to and they were top five in the country all year and then got UPSat here there at the end.
Speaker 1: Oh, it takes one bad game and you're out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you favored to win your match in the state finals. Were you the underdog?
Speaker 4: I was the underdog.
Speaker 9: They they have like a statistics website, and they gave me a twenty percent chance to win the match.
Speaker 1: Seventy nine percent chance. You're gonna lose to this guy, yep, but you kicked his ass, like mister ass. Yeah, have you tried the four figure leg lock. If you got somebody in the four figure leg lock, what would happen? You can't do that tap out.
Speaker 4: I think they banned it a few years ago to make it sound.
Speaker 1: Honey, how do you pin somebody got pick him up and just hold him down to them? How do you do that?
Speaker 4: Arm bars?
Speaker 1: Oh, I've seen that, Ronda Rowsi that was her specialty. Do you do arm bars?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Would you like to date Ronda Rolsi?
Speaker 4: I could do it?
Speaker 1: Please continue? Well, the Bengals today re signed unrestricted free agent defensive end Joseph o'saigh? What about Trey Hendrickson? Have no idea? What about him? Segment? His his They say his worth is going down by the minute in the National Football League house, it's worth going down in mart the Bengals, Well, everybody else is signing guys and he's being left out in the cold. The Bengals won a first and second round pick, apparently one and two. Right, No one's going to give him second and third, but one and two? You know they draft so badly. Why not give him the draft picks? You have no players from there, anyway, one might ask. I don't want to be negative, you know me better or not? And former reality TV star Jesse Holmes, will he we congratulate him won the Iditarod Trail slog sled dog race. Yes today and Noma, Alaska. Well you know what the Idita Rod isn't can't say I do. And a lack of snow in Alaska, that's all grace July one thousand miles, but the dogs went eleven hundred and twenty nine miles, finished ten days and fourteen hours. That's tough duty right there. Good luck to him. Think, I don't know what to tell you. I think you want a car and one hundred thousand dollars or something, but there's no snow in Alaska. What it says, I got to get something from here. We've had plenty until about two weeks ago, for sure. Now it doesn't stop. Now it's like Boca Ratona around here. Now, Well, are you going to wrestle or just play football at Ashland?
Speaker 4: I just played.
Speaker 9: Football on it one end on the high note, will go out on top, and that's a play.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: Good luck to you.
Speaker 1: You have a night. I thought your mother was your sister. When I saw Stephanie here, I think you're dating her from my Notre Dame High school. That's a different story. But congratulations, will thank you, Segon. And we want to thank Dave from Wings and Rings in Monroe, Rings and Wings in Monroe for bringing in He lived behind me when he was a kid. Is that correct day he did? Was I mean and nasty? He took me down in basketball. That's why I don't like him anymore. So that's the guy. That's the guy right there, right there, that's the guy right there. Wow, he's the envy of Bobby Brannon Byron Iron Larkin And well, you lost to that girl at Saint ext Stacy Land. Forget about her. You forget about her. And you lost to the pro golfer and forget about her too. Forget about her. I only play women in the Nancy Lopez. I beat Nancy Lopez. Well, congratulations, you live a good life and make your parents proud. That's a plan segment. Thank you very much. On seven hundred WLW Bill Cunningham, the Great America. Of course, what's happening now in the Middle East? And the electricity has been turned off? And thank god that maybe hamas come under more pressure and then these events continue to transpire now and over the next several months, campus debates around Israel Godza conflict continue to make headlines, including student on a green card or visa acting up in such a way as to call for the murder of Jews and also the death of Western civilization. By the way, no one has a right to be here from Syria. Don't have that right. You're granted permission to enter under certain requirements. But nonetheless. Uri Kaufman is the author of American Intafada the Left, Learn to Hate Israel and Love Hamas and Uri, welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, can you tell the American people the historical context of campus activism and what's happening right now?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, thanks so much for having me. It's a great privilege to be here. The genesis of this is really quite simple. In fact, a study was done for god who did it, and what they showed was that the more elite the college becomes, the more likely it is to have protests of this nature. So where I went to college, I went to city college at night. I had to work my way through school. You know, we never had protests like this. But then when I got to a liberal law school, all of a sudden, This is back in the nineteen eighties, all of a sudden, we were seeing protests for all sorts of liberal causes. And at the time we used to call it sixties envy. It actually had a name. Nowadays, what we're seeing is that in the elite colleges, places like Columbia, like Yale, like Harvard, you're seeing protests of this nature. I point out that in Harvard University, right after the FAMAS attack, which butchered twelve hundred people, two hundred and fifty hostages, dozens, perhaps hundreds of women raped, before Israel even responded, thirty four groups in Harvard signed on to a petition saying that they blamed Israel for everything and that we needed an immediate cease fire. And again this is even before the response, So obviously something really strange is happening.
Speaker 1: What is it? Because I went to a little place called Zavor University in Cincinnati, we had none of that crap going on, but Ohio did, and Kentucky did, and Chicago school. What is it about elite colleges that make these individuals think they need to be involved in something larger than themselves, that they feel as if they're the voice of the oppressed when they's so called oppressed. Those kids at community colleges all across this great country don't feel that at all. But if you're a Columbia or Barnard right now, all hell's break and lose. Can you get underneath the psyche of those Harvard Yale kids and see how it's so much different than may I say, community colleges.
Speaker 6: It's real simple. First of all, I have to respectfully disagree. I think kids who go to community colleges and city colleges like I did, and I went at night, I think we're just as involved as everyone else. I think we care at least as much as you know, the elite kids in Harvard care. I think what it all comes down to is it's real simple.
Speaker 3: In these elite.
Speaker 6: Colleges, and this has been shown in studies, people tend to be much more liberal. The professors are much more liberal, and the kids are much more liberal. Now, what does it mean to be a liberal today? What it means today is they want to fight racism. That is their clarion call. That it's almost at the level of a religion, and then you get into something called cognitive dissonance. This is something that psychologists identified in the middle of the last century. When people have deeply held beliefs and then facts appear that contradict the beliefs, people change the fact, they don't change the beliefs. These kids want to believe that people of color are being oppressed by white people. You suddenly have this high profile conflict Israel, which is of course a Jewish state. They perceive Jews as a white group of privilege Palestinians who are people of color, and so you got the white group of privilege in one corner, the people of color in the other. They're back in the people of color. That's just the way they're wired. That's their deepest health, core value. The trouble, of course, is that in this context the people of color, the Palestinians, are trying to commit genocide. They regularly are through to Jews, apes and pigs. They want to do what Hitler did. If you don't believe me, go on Google. You don't even need chat GBT for this type. In Jews, apes and pigs or Palestine apes and pigs.
Speaker 3: Scroll with your mouth.
Speaker 6: You'll see that what I'm saying is true, but there they don't like those facts, so then they change the facts to the narrative. And that's why you see forget about kids on college campuses. The New York Times, Barack Obama, Jimmy Carter when he was alive, regularly said things about Israel that were just patently false.
Speaker 1: I guess, sitting here in the Midwest, I got to be thinking about this. If somebody had told me there's going to be a citadel of racism and sexism, anti Semitism. And I spent many years in New York City on my TV show, and I'm thinking to myself, that's not the place it's going to be, because there's little or no institutional racism in New York. There's little or no anti Semitism except expressed by the college students in New York. And so the one place where you have a melting pot of different philosophies on the left, it's always New York City. I can't imagine Columbia or Barnard College having professors, etc. Who are racist in Anisemites, but that's exactly what they are. But these are bright, intelligent people. Yuri Kaufman, what is it about. Is that New York City or Yale, or UCLA or Ohio State. By the way, Ohio State University of Cincinnati received letters from Trump's Department of Education threatening to pull funding until they defund the HAMAS chapters out of Ohio State or UCLA or even University of Houston has gotten the letter. So I'm looking at this thinking what is there about Jews that send people off into racial stratosphere when Jews objectively have enriched every society in which Jews have arrived. Look at America as about one and a half percent of its population is Jewish and they succeed famously, I met. I might add, much like Indian refugees who here do great work. Nigerians do great work in America when they're here legally or conglese they do very well. So what is it in the water about New York City that these privileged individuals act as if that they're combating something that exists only in their mind.
Speaker 3: It's a great question.
Speaker 6: Again, it all gets back to cognitive dissonance. When people have deeply held beliefs and then facts appear that contradict the beliefs, people change the fact they don't change the beliefs. And again, even senior people, even really smart people, say what you want about Barack Obama.
Speaker 3: You're a real smart guy. I think anybody would agree with that.
Speaker 6: Yes, Right after the Kamas attack, Barack Obama tweeted that we must conceive that there are unclean.
Speaker 3: Hands on both sides. So why are their unclean hands on both sides?
Speaker 6: Well, he said why, he said, because of what he termed the quote unbearable occupation.
Speaker 3: Well, there was just one problem.
Speaker 6: Israel didn't occupy Gozo. Israel had withdrawn from God eighteen years before, so there was no occupation at all. But you see, Barack Obama doesn't like those facts because that means the white group of privilege are the good guys and the people of color are the bad guys. And that's just not the way he thinks. So he changes the facts to fit the narrative. The problem is the occupation, which doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: The New York Times did the exact same thing.
Speaker 6: They wrote that Israel was occupying Gaza even though they withdrew from Gaza. They actually said this in his story. They said there was a quote draconian blockade of Gaza. I looked up the numbers. In twenty twenty two, the last full year before the Kammas attacked, Israel supplied Gaza with five point seven billion gallons of water, sixty seven thousand trucks filled with supplies, two thirds of Gaza's electricity all it's fuel. Seventeen thousand gozen Palestinians were working in Israel under license.
Speaker 3: Taking a paycheck.
Speaker 6: Came. Now you've got the only war in the history of the world, literally where one side is supplying the other purely on humanitarian graph. The New York Times called it a draconian blockade. And this wins the poem Surprize again because it fits the narrative that liberals like to believe that white people oppressed people of color. And I'm not going to say there's no place on earth where that doesn't happen or didn't happen, you know, one hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: Or something like that.
Speaker 6: But in this context between the Palestinians, who again, what did you have to say about hamas candor is their only virtue, they come right out and say we want to commit genocide, we want to kill everyone, and we will commit any atrocity to do so. On the other side, you've got in Israel, which is agreed to every compromise propose. It's nineteen thirty seven. But they don't like those facts, so they flip it around and they've got this crazy narrative and they make up facts that don't exist.
Speaker 1: Well, let me give you a little vignette. When I was in Israel for about two weeks in May of twenty twenty three, about six months before the vicious attack by hamas they are, he was a retired IDF A captain. Told us the story about this eight year old girl. He said, I'll give you the depth of danger that we exist, that exists here in Israel. I said, like, tell me the story. He said, an eight year old girl. She's in her kitchen somewhere in the West Bank and there's a there's a fire explosion of one type or another, and she is severely burned. And the medical authorities in the West Bank, largely supplied by the Israelis, knew they couldn't handle it, and so that they took her to the border, to one of the working areas. And her father was one of the seventeen thousand that worked in Israel every day, and so the ambulance took him there. They went into Israel, and for the next four to five months, this little girl was nursed back to health, but she had to come back every ten days to two weeks for more treatment. So this went on for dozens of times. And after about three or four months of treatment in Israel, this Palestinian girl, little eight year old girl, was doing quite well, and so all of a sudden, what happened is that one day she appears from more treatment with her father, and the guards of Israel thought something's wrong, something's amiss here, something's not going right, and so they took her off to the side, and what they found that the father had strapped suicide bombs to her body and that her mission was to go into the hospital where she was being treated for the last three to four months of these severe burns and to blow up the hospital and kill the Jewish doctors. And at that point she was arrested. The father was arrested, and then they had a problem. They had to unarm her. And then when they kept her in the hospital, and I never found out what happened to her, but they knew. The IDF captain retired told us that if she was returned to the West Bank. Her family would kill her. Her father was arrested, but the mentality was, no matter what it is, if it takes a thousand years, we're going to kill Jews. And that story told me all I needed to know about the conflict, which is the Jews are willing to reach out to live in peace. When I was in tv Or in Jerusalem, I saw Catholic churches, I saw mosques. I saw about twenty five percent of the population were era of Muslims. But the deep seated hatred of Hamas has blood, Palestins and godsins is so strong with the Jews that they would kill doctors saving this man's daughter's life. Your reaction, well, it's.
Speaker 6: Not an unusual story, though it actually pains me to say that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: There was a woman named Vivian Silver, a Canadian Israeli. She moved to Israel many many years before. She lived in the kibbutz right along the Gaza border. She was a very very left wing liberal individual. She drove Palestinian children who were thick to Israeli hospitals to be treated. Let's just stop and think about that one for a moment. I mean, during World War Two, we were not opening our hospitals to Germans and Japanese. I mean, these things are all completely unprecedented. But anyway, Vivian Silver who it was a big piece activist and drove Palestinians regularly to Israeli hospitals to be treated at. When the attack occurred, the moths terrors knew where she lived because of this activity. They drove straight to her house, got her dead, and then they burned her house to the ground. And they knew what they were doing. They were making a statement. They were saying, we will never accept you. We don't care what you do for us, we don't care about anything. We're just going to keep killing you because we think we can eventually kill every one of you. We think our number can come up one day and then we're going to commit genocide like Hitler. The level of evil that we're seeing here, I can almost say it's unprecedented. We've heard it many times that more Jews died in this one attack than any other single day since the Holocaust. But now let me tell you the difference. When I was growing up, about half the grown ups were Holocaust survivors. It was I don't have to tell you what the Holocaust was all about. But a lot of people did come back with stories of humanity. The you know, the peasant woman who hid people. That's actually how my brother in law's father was saved.
Speaker 3: There was a.
Speaker 6: Peasant Poland who hid them, or you know, someone who would give them papers to help them get out, things like that. There were stories of humanity. So far, not one Israeli hostages come back with one single story of kindness, of humanity, of the story of you know, someone who brought them, you know, some sort of food or pharmaceuticals to help a lot of these hostages were wounded, a lot of them were in pain. Nothing, not any one. Is just unbelievable, evil incarnate and right now it just seems very, very depressing that liberals in our country would get behind these people just because they judge people by the color of their skin, not the content of their character.
Speaker 1: Liberal democrats will go out of their way to act as if those of us who feel differently that we're the racist, when reality they are as you say. They changed the facts to fit their opinion. Jews, apes and pigs are all lumped together. And I don't know how over the next five days, five months, five years, five hundred years, that's going to change. The only way to do it then is to win the war. The only way to win is to defeat the enemy. And I'm not sure that's possible, but it must be done. Whatever Israel must do to clean out Hamas and Hesbala and Isis and boc a Ram and Taliban, whatever ideation, it must happen because they want the downfall, They want the destruction of Western civilization. They want to kill Christians Catholics, but they especially want to kill Jews. And the name of the book, it's wonderful, Uri Kaufman, You're the best. And it's entitled America into Fada. How the Left learned to hate Israel and love Hamas, which is truly unbelievable, especially in New York City. But Uri, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And as I often say, the truth will set you free and the idea that you can live in peace. And one of the best things you said, of course was to Barack Hussein Obama on the day of the attack. With hundreds of rapes, two thousand plus murders, two hundred and fifty hostage is taken, wanted to have well, well, I wanted to have equalization between the Jews and a moss, and there is no equalization. The Jews want to live in peace and a moss wants to kill apes, pigs and Jews and that's their heart and soul. But Ury Kaufman, you're a great American, and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Uri, Thank you so much. God bless you. Let's continue with more historian legal expert Uri Kaufman. You can see him on many of the news Max, Bloomberg, Fox, Business, et cetera. And that's the idea. And that little eight year old girl whose life was saved by Jewish doctors, her mission and her family's mission was to blow up the hospital where she was being treated. Let's continue with more Bill cunning under Grand American Live at your home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Comes into a way, always sprints up in the front court, drives it down to the bay side, flips it.
Speaker 1: Up Kentucky like fun to play shot for back courts.
Speaker 4: Hello, man o way day.
Speaker 9: Yeah he did it twice.
Speaker 1: Oh take oh way against Kentucky.
Speaker 4: The eighty five eighty four win at the NCC tournament.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, oh.
Speaker 8: Hello, hello quiet, I'm skos, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Seiguin he done in March madness? Would you agree? Kentucky basketball reigned supreme. That was Tom Leach and Jack Gibbons Willie on the UK Radio Network in ESPN fifteen thirty late last night as oh Way does it again to the Sooners. He did it. He won the game against his old team Oklahoma there a couple of weeks ago. Then he gets them into tournament, beats them again. About that? Give me sports?
Speaker 4: Will he?
Speaker 1: The Stoot reporters of Proud Service, every local Tamestar heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati called Stacy Heating and Air Solutions five one, three, three six seven h E A T spot. Thank you, Roxy High School Basketball, Willie. They will be back again. They're coming back for the fourth consecutive year. Percell Marion wins the Ohio Division three Girls State basketball championship. They rolled past Avon Lake a few minutes ago at U d Arena seventy two to forty four. Can you get d Alexander in here? D Alexander twenty seven points ten rebounds. How about this, They shot eighty five percent from threes and their last eighty five percent from threes. And I guess some of those girls that play at UC they might win at all. I think d Alexander, I think she is gonna play at U Sae. She is, but the rest of them might have been there too instead of How about Fizzle day Day and Jesso James and whatever? Who else didn't play? I don't know. Alter and Winton Woods play for state titles coming up tonight, Princeton and Portsmouth on Sunday. Kentucky Girls Sweet sixteen tonight, Cooper good luck against Sacred Heart. Ohio Boys State semi finals, Wyoming and Summit Country Day tonight in individual games. Lakota West and A can play Sunday. What about Cole Raine They're not there? What about Deer Park they're not there either. They're watching on TV like we did. Miami RedHawks and Ken State tonight. Kentucky and Alabama at nine on ESPN fifteen thirty. Louisville and Clemson Attorney play Red's Update, Reds and White Sox today. Willie here three point thirty five coming up with the Arno Carriers inside pitcher on seven out of WLW split squad. Today another group will take on the Diamondbacks. What about Stevenson? He is Tyler Stevenson is going to go start the season on the injured list. Of course. He has been diagnosed with a low grade oblique strain. What's that grade obleique strain? It's right there in their back. He's having discomforted his back and side. I don't know what, and the imaging revealed a strain on it after an m R. I not good. So he's out for a while. I guess do they go get a do they go get a catcher? Now they hired a catcher, and I don't know if there's a backup of Stevenson's kind of important, but not as important as the red starting pitching, would you agree? Correct? Not as important as McClain. What about McClain? What about Dela Cruz? What about Marte? So far, so good? What about McLain? Bengals up to a free agent defensive vent Joseph Osai comes back with a one year deal FC Cincinnati and Charlotte FC tomorrow night at MLS Action at seven ESPN fifteen thirty, and also Willie Ehl action Tonight Cyclones open up a two game homestand tonight against Toledo and tomorrow against the Indie Fuel. And I want to say Happy Birthday Sunday to my mother Mary. She will be ninety seven years young. She's up there with Olga correct Ron's roost ties, Olga with for the the top of the age ninety seven Shumega to one hundred. Mom, Happy birthday on Sunday one hundred. What do you think I would say? So get it done?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Five segment. Lastly, Yes, the Red start a week from Thursday, which is like thirteen days away. Are you prepared for this? If we need the Red like it was six months ago. Now all of a sudden, it's a week away, and with Ted McKay and the start strong and get better. Amended that I don't want to have more excuses. Nobody's on the d L. No one has has a problem with this or that I went the Reds to win two out of three from the Giants, go wire to wire a new manager. I believe in Tito, I believe in Francona. But it's like in nineteen ninety when the Reds brought in pot Rose lou Right I believe in Lou. I believe in Tito me too. Would you agree or not? Yes? Segment, we have a feature coming up, so get me out of the stud's report, please, will he everybody have a good weekend and go Reds and good luck to all the teams in the state tournaments. How about well winning the state wrestling title for Malor Plus we have more coming in after next week. I want to see Purcell here once again with De Alexander. I taught her how to shoot. By the way, we leave you with the immortal words of the stew report. See Highway Patrol again next week.
Speaker 2: Until then, remember it isn't what's your drive, but how you drive it counts.
Speaker 4: This is Roderick Crawford saying, see you next week.
Speaker 1: Segment. Thank you, Yes, sir, Let's continue with them more. We never stop. We simply continue. Reds Baseball begins in about forty five minutes. Will at Trump of the Reds News Radio seven hundred you elder, I'm Bill Cunningham, the great American, and of course Lori Kalani is the chief Responsible Gaming Officer of DraftKings. And then put in some perspective what March Madison is no better person that has information on that than Lorie Coloney of DraftKings and Laurie Colanney, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, can you tell the American people the extent of legal gambling happening and how it's changed over the past three or four years, because I think it's quite dramatic.
Speaker 10: Sure, So just to give you a sense, Bill, and thanks for having me. The American Gaming Association just today put out an estimate that three point one billion dollars will be legally gambled.
Speaker 2: On March Madness.
Speaker 10: So that's a whole lot of money and a whole lot of people having a lot of fun. And that's really at DraftKings the way we think about this, this.
Speaker 3: Is really.
Speaker 10: Pairing the passion for sports with the love of the game and really exploding the fun and entertainment experience. And so it's my job at DraftKings to make sure that everything we do, all of our players know that responsible gaming is a top priority for us, and we want every player to play responsibly, and we know that means different things for different players, but we want people to play responsibly and we've given them a whole host of tools and.
Speaker 5: Ways to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, March is a problem gambling awareness a month. And I look at some of these statistics. Americans about one hundred and forty eight billion dollars in sports and the year twenty twenty four. I would anticipate that those numbers, you have some estimate in the year twenty twenty five, how big that number is going to get above almost one hundred and fifty billion. How much will we bet in the year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I anticipate as jurisdictions continue to legalize sports betting and other gaming, that those numbers will go up because game's been around forever and people enjoy doing it. And you know, again are our priorities to make sure people do it in a responsible way.
Speaker 1: And as far as the state's benefiting. I live in the great state of Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, where my program has heard that. I have an anticipation that there are serious revenues to the states, so they take their small cut of the piece of the pie which funds roads and bridges and highways. In fact, Governor Mike Dwine, when he has State of the State address about three or four days ago, talked about the important role that online gaming and also the casinos having the state of Ohio and do it responsibly. Isn't it fair to say that people were gambling anyway, and why not do it legitimately in which a lot of people win, some people lose, and the state gets his tax revenue. So the governor of Ohio said, this is an important part of the state budget. How does that make you feel?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm glad it's legalized and that there's the opportunity to have a legalized, regulated market because I think that's good for consumers, and as you said, it's good for the state to fund things that the state might have not otherwise been able to fund. And so I think of us as partners to some extent with the states in which we operate, And you know, I think it's I think it's the right way to go because look, I grew up in Las Vegas, oh And I've been around gaming my entire life, and everywhere I went when I left Las Vegas, people were gambling, whether it was legal or not. So I'm just really glad to see the states catching up with you know, creating a real legal market.
Speaker 1: Many times in March madness, that's the first time someone has bet. What advice would you give to players who are betting on March Madness for the very first time. The great majority of Americans, I think bet on a directly or indirectly, but there are millions and millions of Americans who bet for the first time. What advice would you give to these individuals? Lori Koalani, Chief Responsible Gaming Officer of DraftKings, what advice would you give for the first time gambler?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Bill, I mean for me, the cardinal advice is this should be for fun, and so in order to keep it fun, everybody who decides to bet needs to set a budget. So only betting what you can afford to lose is the key, and sticking to that budget, and so thinking about things like not doubling down all losing bets, you know, which we call chasing your losses, and taking breaks when you feel like you need a break, and really understanding that responsible gaming is for everybody, not just for some people. It's just good playing habits for everybody who decides to gamble.
Speaker 1: And like anybody else in life, sometimes people have an addiction to get stuck. And what resources are available with Drafkings if some person finds themselves in such a way that they need help.
Speaker 10: So that's what Problem Gambling Awareness Month is all about. It's really a national campaign to highlight and increase awareness around problems gambling and to make sure people understand what that means and how to spot it and where they can get support. And in honor of a Problem Gambling Awareness mon in twenty twenty two, Draft Teams established the State Council Fund where we were the first operator to commit to support thirty four state council funds with financial help every year. It was an initial three year program and we just renewed that program again this year. We just announced that and through the millions of dollars we've provided various state councils, we have been able to support the work that those clinicians and support and advocate groups are able to be for the people who need the support. And of course if somebody is on our website and looks in our RG center, there's support phone numbers and websites and information that are specific to each jurisdiction, so we make sure people who need support are getting sent in the right direction to take very seriously.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I would not know that eighty five percent of players consider deposit limits effective. Seventy percent endorse time limits. Seventy seven percent support wager limits as ways to encourage responsible playing. It's not the end of the life. If your team loses or wins, it's not the end of the tomorrow. There's another day, next week's another March. Madness is big, But then coming up, we're going to have Major League Baseball starting and they have connections through DraftKings and others. We've got the NBA Playoffs coming and all this stuff happening, and the great majority of Americans enjoy it. They like it, they do it responsibly. But there's some that need some help, and the help is there. So lastly, give a website if someone that needs some help through DraftKings. What can be done to assist someone having some gambling difficulties.
Speaker 10: Sore So our Responsible Gaming Center, which could be found at RG dot DraftKings dot com has a link on it or support and if somebody clicked on that, they would be able to access phone numbers and websites for support hanging to what they need. Also, we have a new RG AD coming out in collaboration with the NFL and the NBA, and it's a really great engaging ad and we really are trying to amplify our message to use these tools, play responsibly and keep the game fun.
Speaker 1: Sounds great to me. Lauri Kialani, chief Responsible Gaming Officer at DraftKings, Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Good luck with all you do. May God bless you, and God bless America. And Laurie, thank you very much, Thank.
Speaker 2: You so much.
Speaker 3: Bill, Thank you, God bless America.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more news is next at show them the Reds and the Bengals and so much more. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati,