Speaker 1: Seven. Lamb Productions Presents.
Speaker 2: Com Doctor episode thirty six, New Son.
Speaker 1: Destruction at time. Can you get the door?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please don't be a salesperson.
Speaker 2: Please don't be a salesperson. Please don't be a salesperson.
Speaker 3: Hello. Hello, are you time?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 3: I'm just in Case his mother Penelope? Mom, Hello, son, Case.
Speaker 1: His mother came rushing in and hooked his son.
Speaker 3: Mommy, I've missed you.
Speaker 1: Miss you too. But how come you're here?
Speaker 3: Because, honey, you need to talk.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nilope and Case sat on the couch time dorm. I'm giving us some minute.
Speaker 3: Oh it's okay, honey, he could stay.
Speaker 2: I don't mind. I can give you to some privacy to catch up.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we're okay.
Speaker 4: Stay Um, okay, I'm awkwardly took a seat on the arm of the couch.
Speaker 1: So, Mom, why that visit? Something wrong?
Speaker 3: Huh. There's no easy way to say this. But your dad and I had to talk the other day and we decided it's time that we get another son. What we just feel it's time that we get another son.
Speaker 1: You mean like a brother, because Mom, you're in your early sixties.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, no, I'm not having another baby. Your father and I haven't had sex in five years.
Speaker 2: Eh Um, maybe I should go.
Speaker 3: No, Stay, you should hear this too, should I?
Speaker 1: So? Wait? You're going to adopt a brother?
Speaker 3: Who said anything about a brother?
Speaker 1: You said another son?
Speaker 3: Yes, honey, to replace you? What I know? This isn't easy to hear, and that's why I felt it was best to do this face to face, even though your father said he just wanted to do a letter.
Speaker 1: A letter, but why uh?
Speaker 3: Because you haven't really been around much and you never call, and when you do, it's to ask for money. You are to complain about your friend just in time.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't do that, not anymore.
Speaker 3: It just feels like you're always busy. But your father and I want to concrete family with the son who calls often to check in, and who shows up on Thanksgiving and Christmas, and who doesn't always ask us for money for scratch offs.
Speaker 4: I had to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas is no good because we always have to deal with that drug, a fake Sannah, just more excuses.
Speaker 2: Really, I think I should go. This is family stuff.
Speaker 3: Stay really, but why uh?
Speaker 4: I can change. I'll come over on holidays. I'll call just to talk. I'll even put you as an emergency contact on all my four.
Speaker 3: Honey, I'm sorry to say it's too late.
Speaker 1: What that's bullshit?
Speaker 3: Oh? Here we go now with the anger.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but this sucks. Please give me another shot.
Speaker 3: I wish we could, but we've already made moves. See it's like when we changed car insurance. We got another one before canceling our current one.
Speaker 1: What the hell does that mean?
Speaker 3: We didn't want a lapse.
Speaker 1: A lapse in sons?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 1: So you already have a new son?
Speaker 3: We do. His name is Chester and he's here with me. What where Chester? You can come in now? Hello, justin? This is Chester, our new son, Chester. This is Justin, our old son.
Speaker 5: Nice to meet you. Fuck you?
Speaker 1: Who the fuck is that?
Speaker 3: It's Chester?
Speaker 1: I'm Chester? Oh give a fuck?
Speaker 3: Well you asked?
Speaker 2: You did ask?
Speaker 1: Shut up?
Speaker 3: Time now, Honey, you need to calm down.
Speaker 1: Do I yes?
Speaker 2: I really don't want to be here anymore. May I leave?
Speaker 3: No? You may not, But I hate this, but you need to be here.
Speaker 2: I don't think I do.
Speaker 1: Mom. Why are you doing this?
Speaker 3: I already told you why. We want a real son.
Speaker 1: But I am a real son.
Speaker 3: Not anymore but you should get to know Chester. He's a nice boy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mom.
Speaker 3: Don't say that you fuck Hey, that's my son you're talking to.
Speaker 1: I'm your son you're talking to.
Speaker 3: No, you're my son's friend.
Speaker 1: I'm not his friend. He doesn't want to be friends. Mom, stop saying that.
Speaker 2: I want to leave your say I hate this.
Speaker 3: So why because you're not even trying?
Speaker 1: Trying?
Speaker 3: What trying to get to know my son? You guys have a lot in common. You really should try being friends. No, Chester, tell him something about you.
Speaker 1: I'm an archaeologist. I don't fucking care.
Speaker 3: Tell him something else.
Speaker 5: I don't lick my fingers after eating cheetos.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing about you.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Tell him something else.
Speaker 5: I won fifty dollars on a scratch off yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh that's one of my favorite things.
Speaker 1: That's one of your favorite things. I'll give you fifty dollars if it makes you love me again.
Speaker 3: He didn't give me the fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: I haven't even cashed it yet, but when I do, I'm splitting it with Mom and Dad.
Speaker 3: He means me and Owen.
Speaker 1: I know Dad's name.
Speaker 3: Mom, My name is Penelope, and I think you mean you know his dad's name.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing this?
Speaker 3: I've already told you. Chester is a real son, a real darling. He calls me every Sunday, he plans to come over each and every holiday. He doesn't ask for money. In fact, he gives us money when he wins on a scratch off. And he doesn't even have a temper.
Speaker 1: This is fucking bullshit. I do not have a temper.
Speaker 3: Tell that to your red face, Leah. Also, he has straight a's.
Speaker 1: Straight a's. He looks forty. I'm actually thirty seven.
Speaker 3: That's right, he's thirty seven.
Speaker 5: Listen justin me.
Speaker 2: Oh right now, you mean him.
Speaker 5: I know this is hard, but your parents wanted something they didn't have, something you couldn't give them. But I can, and I promise, no matter what, I will.
Speaker 1: Treat them right. Step away. Chester.
Speaker 5: I think you and I need to be friends.
Speaker 3: That's what I want.
Speaker 1: Yes, nothing doing.
Speaker 3: You will not be mean to my son, but no, he's very special to me. We went for a stroll in the park today. He helped me install a new floodlight in the backyard, and he drove me to my pediatrist appointment at two thirty. I love him. Very much, and I want you to get to know him. Now, why don't you two walk down to the corner store and pick up some soda pop and some scratch offs for me? What that'll give you some time to bond.
Speaker 1: But come on, justin me?
Speaker 3: Oh now, right, Case I don't want to go, don't be a party pooper.
Speaker 1: Yeah you pooper.
Speaker 4: Chest A grabbed Case's hand and led him outside.
Speaker 3: I do hope they get along.
Speaker 2: I don't think they will.
Speaker 3: Oh well, it won't last long anyway, what won't. None of this shit is real. Chester is the son of a friend I play pinacle with on Thursday nights. He's a stage actor, and said he'd help me out with this little ordeal.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you mean you're just doing all of this so he feels bad about not spending the holidays with you or calling you more?
Speaker 3: Sure that? But also I know last month he won one hundred dollars off of scratch off with the money I gave him didn't give me any of it. And we have a deal ever since he was a little child that anything either of us won on a scratch off would be split.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but you do want to spend more time with him? Because he's your son, right right, Huh?
Speaker 3: I like money?
Speaker 1: Cop Doctors, Cop Doctors.
Speaker 2: Written by Robert M.
Speaker 6: Lamb, edited by Ryan Messick, dialogue editing by Jack Austin, Revisions by Mia sup Fly starring Robert M. Lamb as time and Jack Austin as case narrator and Captain, co.
Speaker 2: Starring Massick and Amy Cristiana.
Speaker 7: Music provided by Kevin McCloud of incompetec dot com.
Speaker 2: Additional tracks from various artists on pondfive dot com and artlist dot ig.
Speaker 7: If you enjoy this podcast, don't forget to rate and review and visit www dot seven lamb dot com for more podcasts such as this one.
Speaker 2: And we want to thank everyone who has donated on our PayPal and our Patreon page.
Speaker 7: We appreciate the support and we want to give us special shout out to our seven Lamb patrons Brad McQuaid, Kelly Fowles, Chris Williamson, Carter Jewel, Daniel Wolfman and Kelly Lamont.
Speaker 2: From everyone here at seven Lamb, thank you. This has been a seven Lamb production.