Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jagan Zalez on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services.
Speaker 2: I'm sure your most prized.
Speaker 1: Possessions Kati z R two SA at iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 3: Hey, good afternoon, everybody. Welcome to I on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. He's not Jaganzalez, He's Troy Hutchinson from goezycats dot Com. You've got our guy Ryan with us today. It's bring your kid to work today for me. What are you about twelve ty harl.
Speaker 4: Twenty nine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have t shirts older than that. Our guy Ryan is a little older than that. So it's a KAG older kid day. Sorry, I don't have any lunch money for you guys. Good to have you, Troy. Did you have me Ryan, because otherwise we would have a show. Uh, a lot of We're talking about some recruiting. See what's going on in UA football. I guess the gates have been closed to you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's.
Speaker 5: All shut down and it's strictly business for Arizona. Brett Brennan talked about, you know, wanting to get everybody focused in and dialed up for the season ahead, which is nine days away, kicking off against New Mexico in Arizona Football Stadium.
Speaker 3: Is that What do you think the and everybody has their way of doing things right, What do you think the reason he's doing the way he's doing it.
Speaker 5: I think it's a little bit of not being at a major program before in terms of being a head coach and not having so much media at San Jose where you come to Arizona. Yeah, five or six media members that are at a time now that's nothing can bear to you Texas, Oklahoma. But it's a big change, and so you know, you are worried about what is getting out there. You know, our plays getting out there, are injuries getting out there, and you're a new staff.
Speaker 4: You're trying to get everything.
Speaker 5: Together, build something where you can have a potentially really great season, and if.
Speaker 4: Too much gets out there, it can hurt you.
Speaker 5: So I think there's a little bit of presitation.
Speaker 4: Are you assuming this? Are you you know this?
Speaker 5: I think a little bit of an assumption. You know, stuff gets out in training camp all across.
Speaker 3: The and and it has here an injury you too, right, It kind of started a mess.
Speaker 5: But you know, I mean he did talk about all McMillan getting injured and eating surgery at the end of.
Speaker 4: Spring trade as you should as you should.
Speaker 5: Have and when you have a player like that, you've got to.
Speaker 3: Talk about it sure because guess what, that for sure leak out whether a friend, a girlfriend or a friend whatever. Oh I saw him in a boot or I saw him doing Come on, it's better to be that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, being transparent is big when you have that sort of situation. But you know, you just try to protect your players and try to protect the playbook as much as possible because as.
Speaker 4: You're learning a new system sort of the players.
Speaker 3: Just real quick, you got a text, Get that I forget to tell you that the microphone.
Speaker 4: Get closer to it, just so you're good. Yeah, that that'll work.
Speaker 3: That one is that's that's the kind of stifle j because that's Jay's mike.
Speaker 4: We got to quiet him. Yeah, we gotta say it.
Speaker 3: Yeahs a silence should have told him that, Yeah, no, thanks, just get closer than that's good.
Speaker 4: No, okay, it's all understandable. It's a little.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's a little over the top for me, but I understand.
Speaker 5: You know, I think it is a little bit over the top, but we've seen previous coaching staffs where you watch the first ten minutes of practice, now get the hell out, and that you'll be there.
Speaker 4: And say the previous coach, you said, the previous coach usual want, Well, that's the Kevin someone era. I had that go for him exactly. It didn't matter what the hell they're doing.
Speaker 5: No, you know, when you're from Texas and you're housed to Houston and all that, you treat it like it's Texas, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's Arizona, right, And and did did anybody give a crap? Nobody cared because nobody knew and they didn't play. I mean, sometimes it work, and I'm being facetious of course, but it didn't work for him. And either way, you didn't want to see practice or whatever. And then, uh then fish.
Speaker 5: Fish was pretty open. I think it was a little bit less open that he made it seem to be at the beginning of his tenure. But I mean, the results are what the results are on the field. They went from one win to five to ten, so obviously they're doing something right in that car.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, no, you ever bring in better players, and at the end of the day, I don't want to go back to fish all the time or even very very little good coach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because because he was able to get talent, Arizona developed.
Speaker 4: The town very much. So yes, okay, why didn't you and change as a coach.
Speaker 5: He went from a coach that you questioned his play calling into that last season where he became kind of a master play caller that year.
Speaker 3: But because you have better players, because he was a better play caller.
Speaker 5: I think it's a combination of both, you know. I think you develop as a head coach, and your staff develops as well, and the roster develops.
Speaker 4: And let's not forget you.
Speaker 5: Know, no, Ifa Fida getting in and Jayden Delor going to down probably changed law.
Speaker 3: Fair zone, change the trajectory of the program, and Jet obviously he'd still be here.
Speaker 5: He maybe maybe if they had not done that, maybe he's at UCLA.
Speaker 4: If he doesn't maybe, But if you're six and five, I'm not sure. You see only want you, But who do they have to turn to you? You want to find her? What you feel like fighting one? I'm joking. No, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 3: He had connections. Maybe they trust him enough to come in and run the ship again. We'll never know, right, We'll never know.
Speaker 5: Always the lifts, right gifts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I had turned left in Albuquerque, I wouldn't not have been here. Okay, So good, Good to have you, Troy, And we're gonna talk to your guy, Matt Moreno here in about ten twelve minutes, talk about recruiting. How life is in Los Angeles. See if he gets you know, ten miles and seven hours. Uh, you're better off here, Troy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I'm good without LA traffic. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of stuff going on at you internally at McHale with the right with the desiree coming in and kind of you know, being the boss. We know know all about that. Football starts here in about ten days eight days. Basketball is breaking news with Red Blue Games, which is I thought it was a fantastic move. Yeah, given that there's a lot of u au A fans up in Phoenix.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, it's a move that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you have the ability to do it, why not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're gonna get a lot of people from Phoenix anyway. Usually you're regularly Red and Blue game. Now you're up in Glendale. You know, it's kind of like McHale North in very many parts of Phoenix there, so you have a huge fan base and it just gives them the ability to go out there and for the high school kids to see them as well.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: No, it's a good recruiting tool, fan based type of thing. And if it's ten bucks a ticket, you sell seven thousand tickets.
Speaker 4: They do need money, that hurt. That helps the budget, yeah.
Speaker 3: Helps so to get out of a mess or to can you to pay off some messes? Right, No, I'm thinking great idea. Why it should have happened a while back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know the NCAA rule change, which I'm not exactly hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, yeah, tell me yeah.
Speaker 5: But it allows them to have another scrimmage like that, another showcase. So yeah, I think Arizona is the first to announce that they're going to have to Maybe I'm wrong, but the first major pro that's going to have two showcases.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're very excited about it. Smart move. I don't know whose idea that was, but it's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Probably the new marketing team or if there is a new marketing team, and maybe it does Ray, why don't we go up you know whatever. This is more of a Greg Burn type of thing that let's go up and own Phoenix. You know what I'm saying, it would have been made. It makes it makes sense now to me. Some people, one one of my Facebook guys said, just another opportunity whatever. It kind of poop pooted, and I'm thinking, why they need money? If they sell seven thousand tickets ten dollars a price that helps with something.
Speaker 5: And it expands her fan base. Yeah, yes, there's the Phoenix fan base. But you're talking about the new wave of Arizona Wildcat fans. So if you're constantly out there in Phoenix, they're not gonna want to see ASU basketball. They're gonna want to see Arizona basket.
Speaker 3: Here's the issue you're going to go. I'm sure I'm going to go up there. I wish it was more interesting, and honestly, I'm asking you a tough question. No, it easy question. Are these fun?
Speaker 4: No for you or me? No? Not at all, because because it's and over glorified practice right to be right right. People love it because you see at night.
Speaker 3: Great for them, but for you and I, uh, it's it's an over it's it's a it's a it's a Okay, it's a scripted thing that it's good for TV, but not for in person.
Speaker 5: The only time it was ever interesting after Red and Blue game was Aaron Gordon dunk. Right, that's kind of gone downhill and some injuries that we have seen.
Speaker 3: Maybe Dunk when he did his dunk over Sean. But you're right Smith, the Smith kid from Vegas who got hurt in that and didn't come back from his injury.
Speaker 4: A women's bass.
Speaker 5: I believe they entered the dunk contests many years ago and one of their players got hurt.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't recall women's.
Speaker 5: Women's women's suits.
Speaker 4: That was before nyabouts right before okay, okay, who was gonna dunk?
Speaker 5: I don't remember. They had these two really tall Fords that entered the dunk contests and the girl slipped and fell on her back. Oh and then she was a high level of recruit.
Speaker 3: I love that that didn't I don't remember that, but wow, I didn't know that. Okay, So good for good for the u A. It helps with the marketing and all that. I think it's a great move.
Speaker 4: Uh. And to those who think I'm always negative. I think it's a great move positivity.
Speaker 3: Hey, I've changed, I've changed my ways. I have my two kids there, I gotta be mine my business. Uh okay, no cool. And then uh, obviously all the fall sports and you covered football, you cover any anything else.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I used to cover soccer a little bit, but I kind of haven't been able to.
Speaker 4: Kim Does Kim do that?
Speaker 5: Him does that? She is the main soccer beat writer for Arizona journalists that go out there.
Speaker 3: And yeah, sort and and so far, so good for them. The new coach or the fairly new coach, Becka has done a pretty good job these first couple of days.
Speaker 5: You know, it's a tough job when you're in the pack then Pack twelve conference, and now you're going to the Big twelve. So the talent level is gonna go down a little bit, so which is good. Yeah, it is good. And if you're able to succeed in that, yeah, then it should be six.
Speaker 4: Did you you know that for sure? That the telling those a little different.
Speaker 5: Well, it's compared to the packball when you're talking about s c U C l A. You know, there are talented teams in the Big twelve, but it's not to the level that the packforn.
Speaker 3: Right, And that's pretty much for a lot of the a lot of the sports too well. I think Big twelve is different in certain depends on the sport. Like volleyball's it's very good. Nebraska and all these schools and Nebraska Big twelve, no City.
Speaker 4: Yeah they used to be. They're fantastic though they're Big ten.
Speaker 3: Uh So we'll see how the how the volleyball team does and and football, I think they have a better chance. Uh and basketball it's gonna be fantastic. You had three or the four top uh uh nil schools in the in the uh in the Big twelve for basketball and Arizona it's not in the top eighteen. Not a shock to me, not a shock to you.
Speaker 5: No, you know, I think you're talking about for basketball in the top eighteen of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, when you look across.
Speaker 5: The country, when you're competing against the programs like Dude North, youre Line of Kansas, Kentucky, these are programs where football doesn't matter very much and they've been bloods for a very long time.
Speaker 3: So who's the number one n I L in basketball? Let me throw it out at you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna guess Kentucky. No, Arkansas because of.
Speaker 5: Because of the coaching teams over there. That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah so and I we took this test yesterday with with Jay and it was obvious. So you got to kind of think, Okay, well I didn't get it, but it makes total sense. Kentucky's like seven. It's just uh, we'll see, we'll see how it does. We've seen buying players doesn't always work Kentucky. Not not that it happens at u c l A Kansas.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 3: They didn't do great last year, but they didn't have one n ca A Tyler or two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, they got it done, just not on the roster they thought they would.
Speaker 4: So right right two years ago right in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, okay, anything else and we'll talk to uh, like I said, Matt Modano here in the first hour, and then at four seventeen, we're going to talk to Ortiz Jenkins. Thank you for getting him. We've had him on the show before. We'll talk about the good old days of his Leap by the Lake and those teams, and then what's he doing now and what's he doing now and how much money would ortiz Jenk has been making had he been the quarterback you know today, Yeah, he'd done pretty.
Speaker 4: Well, lot a lot better than the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, him and him and the Keith Smith back in the day.
Speaker 4: So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 3: He played for Dictomy obviously, and he played a little like a cup of coffee with lut on the basketball team. So I want to maybe see what he got from either or both of them, you know, in his good old days times, because it's been twenty six seven years now, I think since he was here.
Speaker 5: I was three. I was three years old on that happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, do you I'm sure you've seen the leap by the like the number of times, but do you you don't remember anything when you were three.
Speaker 5: No, I don't remember any of it in terms of when it happened. But you know that season when you go up and down the games that they played, that Washington game obviously, the Nebraska GA in the ASU game, seeing those highlights and those replay games, talk about one of the best teams not only in Arizona history, but really in the state of Arizona as.
Speaker 3: Well, right right, and they in Arizona has had you know, we talk about this all the time because Jay's the historian and for football, four or five teams like that. In Arizona history, four or five and that's it. Whether it's eight, nine, ten wins or whatever. Now they have the curse or whatever you want to see after this year? Can they do it again? And that's the thing because it's never.
Speaker 4: Been done, never have had a repeat, right right? What you say?
Speaker 5: I think they can? M I think they can. I think the Big Twelve Conference kind of lines it up for them.
Speaker 4: What have you major predictions on the site?
Speaker 5: Not yet, that's going to be coming here soon, but Arizona will be high up in the Big twelve rankings.
Speaker 3: Give me a we have a minute left, give me a you want to give me a little taste.
Speaker 5: I think Arizona finishes nine and three in the regular season in the Big Twelve split the Utah in Kansas State series. Oh really, you get one of those, which I think will get Kansas State.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think you're sitting prety. But USF is going to be really hard Central.
Speaker 4: Forward to everyone's saying that and why.
Speaker 5: Because they have the transfer Jefferson from Arkansas that's a really run heavy quarterback. Gus Smells On's there. He's used to run heavy quarterbacks. That's a tough light, very tough light to go across the country.
Speaker 3: You're nineteen, eighteen twenty, you want to go on those flights? You stay up there three in the morning. Anyway, you used to this stuff, you kids?
Speaker 5: And maybe the BYU game. I think that could be the traffic game.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, and those things happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, let's take a break and get ahold of Matt Modeno here and talk about recruit.
Speaker 7: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Frowsy aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for Maddy to Go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 3: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato rock materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Give them a call at five two zero four zero zero four two three three.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 8: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 4: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it than anyone else. At Arizona Help, our goal.
Speaker 7: Is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve.
Speaker 4: Arizona Health the lead.
Speaker 5: Nitche and exercise equipments on twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 6: It's awards season for summer sports leagues and time to look at trophies for baseball, softball, volleyball and swimming seasons for youth and adult leagues. Summer has arrived and it's time to replenish your promotional products for your company's giveaways. Keep your employees looking great in fresh new apparel, polos and caps with your sharp looking logo. Creative Awards is here to serve your professional and promotional products needs. Visit their Creative Awards Idea center at two twenty eight West Drackman Street or visit them online at Creative awardsaz dot com.
Speaker 9: At Noble Home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit votepeteam dot com, that's volpe team dot com or call five to two oh SIXE eight five six two six Today in MLS three oh eight seven, arizon A b K nine Z two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity. How to commitment to Lindrix syn credit rates and available loan programs are subject to change with numbers.
Speaker 10: Did you know sports cards at Memorabilia are setting record sales last month of nineteen fifty two tops Mickey mantal So for twelve point six million, Lebron James Rookie So for five point six Also, collecting cards is a family fun hobby that can be very profitable. If you want to start a collection or expand your collection, check out Showtime Cards. They are one of the leading card shops in the country and have served our local community for twenty five years. They are located on e Speedway. That's Showtime Cards.
Speaker 11: Ready to save but not sure where to begin? Take the Pyramid Federal Credit Union ten thousand dollars Saving Challenge and we'll guide you on along the way. Save five hundred dollars over six months as a member.
Speaker 4: And you could win big.
Speaker 11: Watch your savings grow to help you reach goals like buying a car, owning a home and more. Visit Pyramid FCU dot com Slash ten k challenge to get started today.
Speaker 4: That really insured and.
Speaker 2: CUA guy bugs, termites, bees or rodents. Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist tests can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today. Three Live I mean iHeartRadio app. This is High on the Ball with Steber.
Speaker 1: Farrah and Jacob Salaz Box Sports fourteen.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to I and the Ball here Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve rivera pas Troy Hutchison from Goasycats dot com and now we have his boss, Matt Modane from goas.
Speaker 4: How are you met?
Speaker 8: Being great? Stee? Thanks for having me, guys there for Chia.
Speaker 4: We've got a babysit today. I'll send you my bill. Uh.
Speaker 3: I hope he does anything bad so did jeopardize his job? But are you busy?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I mean obviously it's you know, a lot going on with you know, across the college football landscape. Games are getting ready to go here and so, uh, you know, it's it's a busy time. You got. Recruiting is kind of going to start picking up again as the season gets going, and you know, if you you're able to start taking official visits again and once you get there, it comes to an end. So it's a busy time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: High school games are getting going right now, so it's gonna be a good time to see some of Arizona commits, uh commit from other schools, you know, some of the top players around the around the area. So yeah, definitely a busy time. Everything kind of ramping up to the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: This is a question to both of you guys, because you guys do the recruiting stuff, thankfully. Are parents more involved now than they were five, six, seventy eight years ago given the nil situation, because now they're kind of agents, if you will.
Speaker 8: That's a great question, and I would I would think that your assessment is pretty accurate. It feels that way on my end. I think for those reasons that you mentioned, there's you know, money is involved now at at a very high level with a lot more people. You know, maybe people don't want to think about it. But there's money involved before Steve and people maybe didn't come up as much, and now that you know, everything is kind of out in the open, and then all is part of this whole process. I think you do have a lot more parents wanting to be involved, a lot of you know, the recruits wanting their parents to be involved because they don't know how to necessarily maneuvent this whole thing, and so it's still a little bit of a free for all in a lot of cases. And I think parents want to be able to know that you know, they're making the right decisions and that they're you know, sons are making the right decisions, and so they're definitely involved and that could be good in bad. I think there's a lot more hands kind of involved in the process, maybe overstepping in some ways and you would see you know previously, but you know, there's a lot of people involved, you know, and a lot of you know, a lot of families are kind of maneuvers this whole thing, and not everybody has the ability to kind of uh speak your device for people who have an idea of what's going on in kind of the nil space, and so some people do and people have advisors that help them through this process and you know, try and get them as much money as they can. Others don't, and so the parents kind of step in. But I definitely have sense and upticks in terms of parents being involved and having a hand and kind of you know what what happens with these recruits more so than in other years. They've always been around. There's always been kind of an over overbearing parent who steps into the picture. Who I mean, I'm sure you can name some people who see that you have kind of dealt with, you know, over the years of Arizona, even where you go, Yeah, I remember his dad and so that. So there there's a lot there. It's been, it's been a thing that's happened before. It just feels like it's more widespread where every you know, even a regular kind of three star recruit has his family and parents and you know, heavily involved. And you know that wasn't always necessarily the case when I first started. It was it was a lot of a high end I you know, five star guys and four star guys who maybe didn't want to deal with all of it, you know, everything else that comes up the crew and you just kind of wanted to play and take a school and now it's kind of more widespread. So I think you have an accurate idea of kind of what's going on there.
Speaker 6: Steep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I would have to agree.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of it is just more out there on social media than you've ever seen before because it is open, it is legal, an eel and everything.
Speaker 4: What since social media was in terms.
Speaker 5: Of you see parents that are kind of like marketing their kids and like, oh, look at what my son did today, Look at what my daughter did today.
Speaker 4: Look here's her highlight video.
Speaker 5: Coaches come calling taking an il deals I've seen from some parents for the athlete. You didn't see that back then. You couldn't have seen that back then. So I think it's just more open in terms of what we see in front of our faces compared to what it was back in the day where don't talk about it.
Speaker 4: Here you go, here's the situation. Wink quink. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So to both of you guys, I'm sure you saw, or maybe you didn't, the Gundy piece Laft from last week where you talked about No, you're not talking about and I we're not talking about more money. It's my time to coach. You had your chance before the season started. We'll talk about it afterward. But kids are asking for more money in season.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know, I mean go ahead, Matt you I was gonna say no. I think it's a situation where you know, you have these deals in place where coaches say, hey, we'll give you this much money to come to this program for the kids like, oh, I'll take this much money to come that program, and then they get there. There's no contracts being inside with nil. There's no like legal bounding contract.
Speaker 4: Well there's not.
Speaker 5: What do you mean that's still an NCAA rule where you can legally tie a contract to the nil deal in terms of the university and the student.
Speaker 3: So you're talking more of the booster doing the contract.
Speaker 5: So in that case, explain, explain to me. So in that case, you go, you go to a school, somebody.
Speaker 3: Office Troy Troy troyon goes to goes to uh timbuck to university.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they say.
Speaker 5: They say, well, who's the day let's say a booster or whatever.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, we'll.
Speaker 5: Give you fifty thousand dollars to come to your university.
Speaker 4: Right, you signed that contract. You go there, there's no money.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, wait wait the booster said this, not the school said this. So what do you mean there's no money from the booster.
Speaker 5: From where the money go? Oh, we don't have the money anymore. Thank you for signing. And then you see the transfer happen.
Speaker 4: That's happening, that's happened before, Troy, I mean you.
Speaker 8: Have met Yeah, I mean I think there's a lot of different layers to I think the thing that I've noticed in the trend that I've noticed is that what you're going to start seeing and I think people really, you know, really truly love college football and college athletics are going to be kind of annoyed by it, and it's going to be like, oh, I don't like this, is that everybody's living more towards the pro model. It's gonna start to still a lot like the NFL. There's gms, programs have gms. I think what you're gonna start seeing is a lot of programs have kind of coaches who are hands off in terms of building their own rosters. I think that's kind of the trend. It's come up quite a bit, and so there is going to be that kind of aspect for somebody like Mike Gundy, where hey, it's my time because I'm coaching where he's really not going to have a huge end and building his actual roster. And that's kind of where we're going in this whole thing, is that the collectives are kind of like for better, for better worse, kind of like team owners in a lot of ways. They're the ones that are like, hey, we need to figure out how to get these guys to come to the school. College coaches are just becoming coaches, and that's that's kind of what you're seeing play out, and it's kind of the trend and the gms and the people kind of in the front office of these college programs are the time evaluators. They are true gms, and so it feels like that's kind of the model and how it's all playing out. And so I think you are going to have a time and it's going to be kind of crazy where there's going to be players who are holding out because they're like, hey, I want more money. I didn't perform we well in camp, like my contract. I don't like my contract, you know. I feel like that's not in a two distant future that we're gonna be having those conversations, and so I think this is kind of a tip of the iceberg in terms of renegotiating NIL deals and stuff like that during the season. I don't I think he's maybe it is happening, you know, with him a little bit more often than than what we think. That felt like a little bit of an exaggeration for my gundee where someone's like, hey, I'm not playing or whatever however you kind of phrased there, I already put it. But I don't think it's not happening. I do think that there's probably players who are like, hey, I had a really good camp, looks like I'm gonna start now, let's talk about the NL again.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I talked about this with Jay.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking it could come to that, and Jay said, if if you know we're not gonna play you, then I said, that's easy to say from Tucson, Arizona sitting in the chair because you need that guy. You need that guy if you're gonna win.
Speaker 4: You brought it for a purpose, you want to be coaching for a long time or no.
Speaker 3: Exactly, But to your point, De Troy, I'm a little perplexed on this that they're being asked to come to a university, Timbuctu University, saying that we're going to give you this money a booster not to school, right, not to school, and then they don't pay them, and then you know, this is I mean, isn't.
Speaker 8: That the whole Jade and Orshot a thing. I Mean, this isn't that the whole deal with him in Florida while he's doing the coach. I mean, that's a big part of it. That's a big part of why this all happened. Is like, there has been a lot of schools, and I've talked to a lot of people who have been involved in the process, and people who have been promised a lot of things, and people who have kind of been a little bit on the periphery of seeing all this play out. And Wow, a lot of the talk is like the numbers that you hear are not close to what the what the reality is.
Speaker 4: In a lot of cases, Wow.
Speaker 8: You know you're hearing millions of dollars being thrown out, but kids are like, at this point, players are not getting millions of dollars from collectives. They just had at least from what I from my perspective, and talking to a high level players, high level recruits. In many cases, you know they're not getting what you the numbers that you hear, numbers that you hear are coming from different people. Sometimes those are advisors and they're saying, Hey, this is what I want my client to get, so I'm gonna throw this number out this people think that's what whatever you know.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 8: For a lot of the things that I'm kind of hearing behind the scenes, the numbers that you hear publicly are not close to what's actually being paid out, what the reality is for a lot of these players, and so kind of two choice playing. I mean, I haven't heard necessarily the fool like, hey, you're just not outright paying guys. I think they're still getting something in some ways, but I think the numbers have been very skew compared to what you hear versus what you know it actually ends up in the bank account for a lot of these play Again, I think I think in a lot of case what you're gonna have happen is they're gonna have real contracts. Eventually, we're gonna get to that point. I think there's some battles going on in courts right now where once those get settled, I mean, it's gonna look a lot like the Pros. It's gonna look like a semi pro league in the not too distant future. I think you're gonna have a lot of things be kind of above board, and there's gonna be contracts and everyone's gonna know what everyone's making. And I mean we're already getting to the poin where it's gonna feel like a salary cap with uh, you know, the greatest kind of development where there's going to be money paid out from each school. And so we're getting closer to that, and I think it's probably for the better, and it does still feel a little bit like the Wild West in a lot of ways. But I think to the point kind of that Troup is trying to make is that the numbers that you hear are very different from what's actually being making its way into the pockets of these maybe players and their families. And so I think that's kind of the overarching them and kind of how it seems like it's been with a lot of the nil stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, didn't I recently see and you guys probably saw this too, that Arizona's trying to hire somebody who to deal with all this stuff. Uh, the anil guy, I know, kind of like a chief of nil or whatever.
Speaker 4: Kind of like a chief of the collective.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, they have somebody now who does their own collective right for football, uh will mister Wells, Wells, But I'm talking about I'm talking about a guy who handles this for the for the kids or the students to knowing that they're getting money or where it's going or whatever.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: I think they're trying to hire some like that personally. I mean, I.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Matt, Yeah, I mean I think that I think that that's a trend that you're seeing with a lot of a lot of programs right now, is that you just the coaches don't want to have to deal with this. And I think what you see with somebody like my Gundy is that the frustration of like, I just want to coach football, right and in talking to coaches and in hearing different kind of perspectives about this, I think that's the overarching kind of scene with a lot of actual college football coaches like I don't really want to have to deal with it. Yes, it's the reality. It's what I have to do right now. But if I could give this to somebody else to deal with it, I could just coach football. I would be much happier. And so there is going to be so much money because of new you know, TV deals and new media rights deals around the country and all this conference in alignment. There's going to be a ton of money flowing into these programs. And so I think you're going to see it used in those types of ways where you're going to have somebody who's kind of just the almost kind of a CFO in a lot of ways that you know, the financial office, the chip financial officer of a program going like all right, I need to figure out how to you know, disciminate all this money and figure out how to make this all work. And so yeah, I mean I think they'll see it at Arizona. I think they'll see it every major program that understands how big football is going to be and where they want to go next. So yeah, I imagine you know that it's going to be very similar at plays like Arizona and any other school that the Arizona is going to be playing. In many cases, well didn't.
Speaker 3: With with the program here and I just lost my train of thought, Well, you're talking about coaches not having to say, but wouldn't they have to sign off on this kid if they're going to give, you know, give him something.
Speaker 4: He has to have the roster. He knows the roster.
Speaker 5: But well, I think what Matt's kind of saying is, you know, they'll bring and we've heard coaches talk about this before and with GMS and stuff like that, yea, yeah, is they'll go out and scout some players that they think will figure and add to the program.
Speaker 4: In addition to the program.
Speaker 5: Here's let's say four running backs. Here are the top four backs in the country that we really like and want to add to the program. Right, and then the coach watches the tape seas which one he likes, and goes, okay, let's go after these two. Prioritize these too. You're cutting the recruiting time kind of in half.
Speaker 3: Or the head coaching isn't that the process already? Wasn't that process for that's part of it.
Speaker 5: But instead of like going over and seeing some kid out in you know, Northeast whatever, Yeah, you have tape already in front of you of the top guys that your staff.
Speaker 4: Things you're interested in.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty four has become very complicated. Honestly, it's been over It's kind of an overstated. You go after guys, you like, I guess now you have to pay them whatever they want or or maybe and then not pay them. You're kind of like a I don't know what the word is, because it's happening. You bring come on in, come on in and sign here, and then oh, we don't have the money to pay. It's not the aunt is not right right, right, so the kid, I guess, and that prompts the kid to.
Speaker 5: Leave, and then there you go with the transfer portal. Yeah, and you know you also have other programs making kids promises right transfer there and then it doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, whatever, Well, Matt, I wouldn't believe you until you threw that name out for the kid who went to issue the quarterback. Therefore what was important? Yeah, yeah, it makes total sense.
Speaker 8: I mean, he's doing the head coach because he didn't get paid as an al money. I mean, that's just a conversation that is very real and very it's happening, and it would have been unthinkable, you know, a handful of years ago. But it's like, oh, yeah, that's nothing that seems too out of a normal With that situation, it's going to be something that obviously comes up and people are going to pay attention to me because you can tell us a lot about what happens next. But the fact that it's not unfathomable that a player would do a coach, a head coach and the program and a collective for not being paid money that he was promised is a wild thing to think about, but it is a reality right now.
Speaker 3: Promise verbally but not contractually, Yeah, no, just verbal agreements. Does this made your guys life tougher or does it not affect you?
Speaker 5: I think the transfer portal makes everybody's lives tougher in terms of recruiting, because you know, you have to allow the high school recruits and whatnot, and you focused.
Speaker 4: So much time on that.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden, National signing Day comes around and fifteen transfers hit in at the same time. So how do you cover thirty five forty kids that are going to coppropriate.
Speaker 3: To that point, Matt, we talked about this all the time because we talked to the jc's I think in affect the JC programs because now they're not even being recruited or recruiting less because now schools need players who've already been in the system. They know what to do, their veterans, and the high school levels are kind of like, well, this guy will played right away or play soon, let's go for him, and the periphery high school guys are not being recruited.
Speaker 8: I would say that's accurate. I mean, I think that's exactly what's happening. I mean, you're seeing a lot of right now is that you know, some of these you have to be a very very good junior college player to get on, you know, a powerful roster right now because or you have to have some really strong connections that we're seeing as well. And obviously that's happened at Arizona. You know, they have some those connections back to the College of San Mateo up in the Bay Area, and so it kind of works out that way. But you're seeing that a lot where you guys on the periphery are are they're not being looked at as much as you know, somebody else there as much as they would have in the past because of what you just mentioned, which is, hey, if you only have so much nil to send. If you only have so much so many roster spots now pretty soon and you need to figure out how to make it all work, you're gonna want the guy that's ready to go and ready to play right now. And so I think talking to a lot of coaches and getting it in a feel for it, that's where a lot of programs are leaning. They want, you know, they want the transfers. They want if you're going to be you know, spending that money on somebody, you want somebody that you have seen and have game pape of, you know, at the college level. And so I think that's something that you're really seeing kind of become a trend where it's like, hey, we want to proven thing. I think if you ask any coach, probably we talked about with Arizona basketball, where it's like, you know, some fans are talking about like, oh, they lost the recruits during the summer, but yeah, it's like, oh, yeah, you got three guys who have played and been through the battles. Do you want, Like, which one do you want? I think every coach was like, yeah, I want the guys who have played like every time. So I think that's kind of the battle right now that you know, football programs are going through right now, and I think the trend feels like coaches are like, give us the shirt thing or the post the shirt thing versus you know, a high school kid that we just don't know right now, and so it's unfortunate because there are you know, two stars study. You know, maybe he doesn't end up at a at a four year school, maybe he has to go to junior college out and he ends up becoming really becomes and so uh, some guys are going to miss out and from lower you know, lower level recruits are not going to have the opportunities they had before. But we'll see, we'll see what happens. But yeah, that's definitely been the trend is like, you know, let's go after the shirt thing and and some guys that we have college tape on it and and go from there.
Speaker 4: Okay, very interesting from you guys. Very interesting.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks Matt, absolutely okay, thank you, thanks guys. We'll take a break a little over and come back and talk more about this, and maybe callers are interested in this because.
Speaker 4: Wow, wow, wild west, wild west, but this is even makes it even more crazy.
Speaker 3: Promising money and then you get here and says, oh sorry, it's a it's a lucy thing pulling the ball from your from from from the kicker.
Speaker 5: Thanks for signing, Thanks.
Speaker 3: For saying, are you the obligate? Let's go, Let's stick the break. Then we'll come back a few years. Men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Loudolsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 12: Hi, this is formal Wildcat Lemanhunely with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space.
Speaker 4: And your life.
Speaker 12: We off a complete line of cardio machines multigms and free rate equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our share room today at twenty second in Wilmot, Arizona Health the lead edge and exercise.
Speaker 6: Equipment you go a new career or career advancement, how about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial laid available, it's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot edu slash Someday.
Speaker 1: Breaking down all the exes at Alls. It's Steve Lavera and Jagen Salmins. This is I on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteenth dift.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome back to I'm About Here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: I'm Steve.
Speaker 4: You're Troy at P's Ryan.
Speaker 3: I had to take a volume because I don't know what the hell you guys were just saying, because it's surprising to me, like, like, you know, you guys know this, and you guys have known this, what do you use to It's a little surprising to me. You ask these kids to come, thanks for stunning. You don't have any more money in the wallet. I kind of get that. But this is like a deliberate beret and switch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And there have been cases where it has worked the other way, where you know, the kid gets the money, he's a four, three, four or five. You get the money, you know, and then you don't go, and then you spend it in terms of helping out your family, and then you flip your commitment to a different st and there's no people to tell you financially or legally to the money. So programs are like, why aren't you coming here? Well, I'm going here. Okay, we need the money back. Yeah it's gone. Sorry, it's gone.
Speaker 4: You know this for effect, It's happened a couple of times. Wow, at the.
Speaker 3: University of Aera. Okay, good, good, good, Well you guys covered more than you know. You guys cover more than Arizona. So you guys are work because you guys follow those kids. Uh, this is chaotic. This is chaotic and wow to me, maybe I'm naive and I've been out of the recruiting business for a long time, thank thankfully, and this is good, thankfully, because how do you operate?
Speaker 5: You don't, it's hard to It's very much a shot in the dark RUSS situation going on right now. And that's why you know, with the GMS and everything that you have on getting to a salary art contract is probably gonna happen in the future.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you something because somebody posted this on my Facebook page after they read about the Red Blue Game. You could be as honest or you could be You can say it or not say it, because I want you to be honest. Have you heard that ub A former players athletes? I guess men and women I don't know are now kind of going or kind of requesting money before the nil stuff that they played here forever and well, I guess something came out with JT and BEJ because their name and likeness came into the night.
Speaker 4: He said, tournament video. Correct. Do you see other people do going back and say you owe this money from.
Speaker 5: Being I'm sure there will you know, I mean when you have one. There's many, right, But do I think it's gonna come to anything, I personally don't. I don't see how you backtrack and say we owe this person money, we owe that person money. You're you're going down to slippery slope.
Speaker 4: I'm sure sure.
Speaker 3: But the way that the NCAA is killing the ubate the institutions, I don't know about that. Maybe they have a chance, a fighter's chance to get you know, back somebody who played in twenty fifteen and didn't see anything into you know, hey, I helped this program. What about me?
Speaker 5: And that they don't Let's say that, you know, we're not going to pay that person, but legally we're supposed to. How much does that change intro videos and stuff that they use in terms of promotional stuff or the tournament. Maybe they don't have the ninety seven Wildcats in their promotion video after you know, the tournament.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's not there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, Well it's just crazy, crazy time. Uh And you guys know, I mean there's I'm sure there's been a player or two here at Uveay that said they were coming in didn't chill up.
Speaker 5: You know, there's been a player or two at Arizona that said they're coming didn't show up, and then this staff was able to get them back on the roster. You know, we saw that this off season with Jared krossky Merritt Jihori, the running back out of New Mexico. He was committed to Arizona. There is some issue with the is he eligible for another year of college or not not a lot of programs understood that he went to Ole Miss, didn't come here during the spring. Ole Miss still wasn't sold if he had another year of eligibility. Arizona staff figured it out, said yes, he definitely does, and they got everything cleared.
Speaker 4: He came over to Arizona and that was.
Speaker 3: Then wait, wait, so that's the that's the sole reason why he didn't end up in Minsio, Mississippi is one of the reasons.
Speaker 4: One of the can you say the other one?
Speaker 5: But but, but eligibility did play a part in terms of how he ended up at Arizona. Arizona believing that he did and stuck with.
Speaker 4: Him with that.
Speaker 3: Thankfully, I'm not in your line of work anymore. My twenty seven thirty years of those a lot easier, especially you kind of know when you can't say I can, I can infer or I can kind of come up with some reasons. But okay, more power. Arizona has him and he's supposed to be. He's apparently very good.
Speaker 5: You know, out of all the running backs they have in the room, I think he's probably the top back. It's a very loaded backfield. But he's a special guy. He kind of reminds me. And I'm not saying he's going to have a great of a year as this guy because the game is different, but the rare combination of speed of power that Arizona really hasn't had. Some say Nick Wilson.
Speaker 4: Could even carry that kind of era of running backs. Well, well, you had last year's guy, Coleman Coleman, but I mean you're talking about a power back that can't right away from the rest of the Oh, so this guy has both.
Speaker 5: This guy has his speed a great way.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Leamont loved it. It was very high on him that he too hadn't seen a guy like him in a while. Yeah, Kadeem was very powerful and some speed. You know, he wasn't as fast, But what about speedy Luke? Are we gonna see much of him?
Speaker 5: I think you're going to see this coaching staff use speedy in a way that the previous staff was unable to do. Get him out in space. Yeah, you know, maybe.
Speaker 4: Some kick returns, some reverses.
Speaker 5: Whatever little gadget plays that you dropped to get them the ball. So you're talking about, you know, load to backfield of four guys.
Speaker 4: But if you can get them the.
Speaker 5: Ball ten fifteen times somewhere in there that magic number throughout a game, and let's say two of those are big plays a forty yr player or touchdown, it's well worth.
Speaker 3: Then you're well, yeah, yeah, in fact, do you think that's gonna happen? One and two? I think maybe last year, the previous year he is handling the ball was a question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I do think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I do think this staff has shown that they're able to use speed in smaller backs compared to the previous staff. And in terms of the fumbling issue, you know, I always thought that was an interesting situation with Jetfish and that coaching staff because during the spring he did have a fumbling issue. There was no doubt he'd probably put the ball on the ground four or five times throughout the spring practice, but during training camp he locked in and I think he fumbled once and Jad mentioned the fumbling issues at the end of training camp, so it just really didn't coincide what was going on at the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, makes sense, and he's he's older, he's probably stronger. We talked about this. You know that he's gonna get his chance. Well, it's tough to play a freshman when you're you know your your speed and then you maybe have an issue as you get older. You should be getting better, right, you should be getting better, more and more reliable, yet yet stronger, bigger, stronger, So it makes total sense that he'll have more of an impact. Obviously, Arizona has the quarterback in the receiver. There was another receiver out there that was doing very well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jeremiah Patterson.
Speaker 5: I mean he's wearing number two and he shows flashes of Jacob Cowing, very similar style of playing, very great route runner, good speed. It's going to be that slot receiver for Arizona. I think he's a little bit faster than Jacob is, but Jacob's a little bit better of a route on her. So I think Arizona was able to find their number two receiver even though it's in spot. This is a guy that could put up seven, eight, nine hundred yards this season.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, somebody I had listening to somebody, maybe I read something the.
Speaker 3: Name again Jeremiah Pattins that he was very good and that Cowan's obviously very good too. But he'll kind of be used the same way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think very similarly, where you line them up in the slot sometimes come on the outside. Again, Gadget plays kind of reverses. He's going to be used in the punning game. So I think that's going to be critical for Arizona to have a sure hand guy with elite speed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, well it looks like it looks like Arizona was pretty exciting last year obviously with team Mac and Noah after the change and then a Coleman who I thought was fantastic and gave him that opportunity because he got a lot of yards opened up other situations that this this program, now under this coaching staff, will have more of a more of an open, open, open eye, if that's the right word, open philosophy to the offensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're going to see a lot more guys get in there offensively than you did last season. You know, last year Arizona was set with three receivers. Yeah, really didn't deviate from that. This coaching staff's probably going to use somewhere from five to six. You're going to see guys rotat in and out. Obviously, guys like t mc and Patterson are going to be on the field, but they're going to give the younger receivers an opportunity to shine and see what they can do. And same with the running back group. You know Michael Wiley, DJ Williams and Coleman last year. Yeah, they're going four deep this season. So you're going to see a lot of combinations of that.
Speaker 4: So tell me, because I'm sure you've been paying attention. I have not. The guys who went to the NFL after last year. How are they doing? Are they still around? You know?
Speaker 5: Last time I saw I believe that Jordan Morgan is now inside playing guard for the Green Bay Packers. We should ask Matt and being a backround yet, but I think they moved him to guard, which I think a lot of people thought that might be the case when he went on to the next level. And then Jake County has had a very nice training camp. So with forty nine ers, but you know they have a very loaded receiving board. So how much are you going to see the field.
Speaker 4: But if you can get into special teams, they'll be anybody else.
Speaker 5: I'm missing one. There is one more, but I'm missing the name, MIKEL.
Speaker 4: Wiley. That's why I mentioned the name. I don't want to go there. Michael Wiley. No, he's had a very nice campusy okay, so that's good.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could just tell if anybody who's a little bitter about Jed stop. He bought some great talent and great is you know the word I'll use, but it's much better than what it used to be.
Speaker 5: And he developed them because let me ask you this, are Michael Wiley and Jordan Morgan in the NFL without jet fishing that stuff?
Speaker 4: Probably not not.
Speaker 5: I mean with someone Jordan Morgan was barely a starter on the offense. The line of Wiley was barely used. Now you're talking about a first round draft pick and in ANFL draft pick.
Speaker 3: No, And what's the key to being a good coach Developing developing the kids?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, whether you can coach xs and but developing is the huge that's what makes a coach.
Speaker 5: And I don't think avers gonna had seen that type of developing since the Mike Steeps era because a lot of people like to trash on Mike Steeves, but he put guys into the league and they haven't seen that in a while.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Luke did that with whatever people he brought in. Uh, I think that, Uh, Tommy's doing that now.
Speaker 4: Sean. He got kids that were already in the NBA. They're gonna make it. They were gonna make it. That's the Cali Party move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm not sure if if Color Party develops him, they go there for the rented player for the six months and they're gone.
Speaker 5: I think what with Sean, there's only one player you can say in terms of development that they really did some work.
Speaker 4: On because Uh, I think I think Solomon Hill is the one.
Speaker 3: Well, and he was not a he was not Yeah, I'll give you that, but he was not a Sean guy.
Speaker 4: To begin with. Uh, because he was he was at the cusp of he was being recruited.
Speaker 5: Earlier, recruited by USC because when Tim Floyd was hart from usc M, Derek Williams and Momo Uh recommitted Arizona.
Speaker 3: When Sean went home, poo poo that because but when Luke was around, he was being recruited.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then and then he eventually left because lout left and he went to USC. No, you're right, I'll give this one to Sean because but he he's a mcconnall guy. He self made, self made, a guy who was determined to be somebody smart IQ dude could play the game, not over flashy. Uh and uh and what was the.
Speaker 4: The block god?
Speaker 3: I did a huge story on him for Basketball Times second the first second pick of the Derek Williams. He he was not developed. He could just play right and he played on an instinct. He was fantastic until had he been developed. Had he been developed, Troy, he would have had a longer career.
Speaker 4: Maybe a longer I don't know.
Speaker 5: If it still wouldn't have been a buzz factor at the number two pick, as you're talking about. To do that was a little bit of a twer, not fast enough, true.
Speaker 3: But they wouldn't pick him at number two otherwise if they didn't see that he was capable. So if he had more basketball in him, he would have lasted a little bit longer. I think I could be wrong. Yeah, okay, well what kind of continue this this uh this thing we have or teas coming on the other side. You said he's coaching now, right, so he sees I'm sure he's seen these with the kids.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he's seen this with the kids. You know, I haven't talked to any high school coaches and right now he's training quarterbacks, developing quarterbacks in California.
Speaker 3: But well, that's kind of my point. I mean, if he's got good ones, yeah, they're saying, hey, show me the money.
Speaker 5: Well that that too, and and you know, I'm sure he's stalked to a lot of coaches across the country. You know, how good is this kid? Is this kid worth? And I know, is this kid worth coming to our program and whatnot? And I'm sure he's very up run and honest with him. And he has a kid going to Oklahoma right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm sure they should him the money.
Speaker 5: Who knows.
Speaker 3: If you see, you know, if you're Oklahoma good, you're not just going to you know, eat corn and have fun. I mean, you're you're gonna go and play. I mean, if you've got to.
Speaker 4: Be good, is that is that the definition of on a normal and then have fun.
Speaker 3: You know, I've only been there a few times there, Nebraska and Iowa. I was being stupid as usual. Okay, what time is it. We have about a minute left, so we're gonna finish here. Go to your break and you have a lot of breaking news.
Speaker 4: Got a few things.
Speaker 3: Okay, do it like your job depending on it? O? Great, So we'll go with that. Talk to Ortiz. Yeah, if you go, well, we'll talk our way through this whole thing. Talk to Ortiz and let me get back to other things on the other side. Maybe get a call or two at the end of next next hour. Okay, we're ready to go.