Speaker 1: Morning, trying to buttons and try to do things fancy and sequence and stuff. I just need to go back to the basics. Hi, Wallpast Wednesday, John, here are you there? Thanks for dropping by for the next little bit coming up in Wallpast Wednesday. It's whatever's on your mind when it comes to the world of the sport, and we got plenty to talk about. Tyler is gonna come by in about ten minutes. We'll see how see how his sight lines are, and check and sea on his shades and everything. Did my camera tilt and not tell me? I think it did? There? We go all right, So Tyler's gonna come by in about ten minutes and we'll discuss it. Landy Night, Well, le'scuss what's going on in Major League Soccer? A couple of blockbusters according to conversations that started yesterday with us with Laurel Faylor and Queen City Press that immediately impact de f C Cincinnati. We'll get into all that. We'll get into Hey, who's at Landy United playing today? So we'll get into all of that stuff with Tyler. Go through it, Landy United, go through Major League Soccer and get you ready for everything going on there. Our number two. Plenty of things to get into. We've got a Champions League to get into. We've got Cocky CAF to get into. We've got all of the leagues that we cover came out with their divisions and alignments. We'll go through all of those in a league two, et cetera. We know what the Southeast is going to be looking like as we cover it in the spring and summer, so we'll get into that and let's see it at the USWNT. We had the team announced yesterday, of course, the second we went off the air. So there is all of that. And an interesting piece your requested required might be from Kevin Baxter the LA Times because he caught up with Mayo Yoshida. Mayo Yoshida wanted to stay in Los Angeles with LAG had to sign a new deal, but because of all of the machinations going on and the salary cap, Yoshida had to sign a deal for less money, and when he was asked about it, Maya was less than happy. Shall we say. I think that this was probably one of the more frank responses. I mean it was one of them. I think it was just the one in the article. But you get my point, Maya wasn't happy, So we'll get into that, but that might be your required requested requested required reading of the day. The interview that Kevin Baxter had with Mayo Yoshida discussing him returning to LAG and still what LAG had to do to even consider signing him. There was a lot of folks that left in the off season. They got a lot of injuries, they got to try and figure out, specifically with Ricky Pooge and how you're going to try and handle that. So a lot of questions with LAG out of the blocks and they were right up against the salary cap. So Yashida not happy, and we might get into that. Also, we've got to get into Creek Cup because that starts today on the SDH network at Soccer down here dot mixler dot com. And we'll go over what happened last night in our season premieres on the Boys and the Girls side Georgia High School Soccer. It was North Atlanta at Decatur and we'll get you into the schedule for Creek Cup today and beyond. It is today, it is tomorrow, it is Friday, it is Saturday, and SDH two will both be up and running especially on Friday and Saturday, where Saturday you have all of the matches going on to determine bracket winners, third and fourth and all that kind of stuff. Starting at like eleven o'clock in the morning on Saturday, SDH and SDH two will be up and running over at our mixer sites, and so we'll go over what happened last night, and we will go over what happened. We're gonna go over the schedule and let you know what's happening today. It'll be me at Northview High School with two matches at six and eight, and that'll get things started in one of the brackets. But we'll go through the whole thing. With Creek Cup. We had a really cool moment last night in North Atlanta and De cater two teams that are going to be chasing after championships in their respective classes. But one game was a shutout for North Atlanta. The other game was a win for North Atlanta, but it took a while. We're gonna get into game number two coming up in it just a little bit. All right, Let's get through all of the promos and the things to get you ready for Tyler as he comes up here. In just a little bit. Once again reminder that you can go to Grady Baby Grady Baby co And you can get these soccers just better in Atlanta sweatshirt and T shirt red black with the gold lettering. I have both. The Boss has taken them both and honestly it is and it's got the the SDH lettering off of one of the sleeves, and it just shows that you are invested in the game regardless of level you pick that up. Portion of the proceeds go help out middle school soccer programs tied to a Land public schools. Very very cool stuff from our friends at Gradybaby and Gradybaby Coke, Kickoff Coffeekickoff Coffeeco dot Com. You can get Kickoff Coffee start your day there. When you check out, we want you to buy the whole store out. You had our friend Melissa Ortiz a smile on her face today. But you can do it at fifteen percent off, so you can buy it out the entire store and still get fifteen percent off. You soccer down here fifteen to checkout, and that way you get the entire store at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. But at fifteen percent discount and they in turn take ten percent reinvested into youth games youth initiatives that they have earmarked as being cool at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Also on the board it is you have our friends at olive in York. And then what you can do with our friends at Olivi and York is you can get the first ever, first ever, you get your first ever SDH jersey. And what you can do there is sport the SDCH jersey every place you go. And what you can do is get the blue jersey in either white or sorry the Navy jersey in either white letters or light blue letters. And you can support all of our programs for soccer for good. Go to Olivi and York and you can pick up our jersey for the first one that we've ever had. You can help all our friends at the Marshall Islands. I've got to send two scarves to Fairfax, Virginia. I have less than twenty now here in house. I have less than twenty here in house to help out the Marshall Islands. On this wave of the supporter scarves, they sell up jerseys and bucket hats and everything. They do all of that themselves, but they call me, they send me the invoice and it's like, hey, we got folks in the United States that are picking up Marshall Island scarves. Like I said, I got less than twenty here in the office. I got to send two to Fairfax, Virginia. So if you haven't picked up one, pick up one. Help out our friends at the Marshall Islands. And they are spending a lot of time in the Four Corners in Arkansas and Oklahoma and Missouri and in Kansas, and that is a that is a very concentrated I think it's the second most concentrated area of Marshall Leave population in the planet. It's up there in the Four Corners and they're spending time up there. And we're following that story as that continues. So if I have forgotten anything, let me figure it out. Kick Off Coffee, Olive and New York Grady Baby, Marshall Islands, Moxie Midtown, we gotta remember that. Seven o'clock on Thursday the twentieth, you can go and hang out at Moxie Midtown and we'll be talking stuff. That's the official term on the twentieth Moxie Midtown, one of our great sponts here at SDH. You can go there and we can just have great conversation, get you ready for the season. And then on the twenty fourth, while I am in Lincolnton for the Thompson Lincoln County doubleheader that will be airing on the Mixer site, Jason will be at Emory University discussing and these are the quarterly discussions that we're going to be having leading up to the World Cup about how Atlanta is soccer City USA. So on the twentieth Maxi Midtown, seven o'clock on the Emery campus on the twenty fourth, that Monday night after the season opener, and you can go be a part of that discussion as well. And that's going to be very very cool having that relationship with Emory and having Jason be a part of the discussion and once again explaining why Atlanta is what it is and why it is is part not just in the Southeast, but in the soccer world in and of itself. So these quarterly discussions that Jason is having all the way up to the World Cup very very cool. I think that's everybody. I think it is. I think it is. So I think, I think, I think, I think. I think that's all of the promos. If I have forgotten one, then please let me know, and then that way I can remember to absolutely make sure that I don't forget any of our promos as we go forward. By the way, do you see what I did during the opening kickoff? I made sure that I'm not I'm not Jason, because initially it was Jason. I'm like, oh crap, I've got to change that. So I had to change that on the air. So all right, a lot of stuff happened in soccer on the overnight and on you know, once again, as we always sit there and say, everybody waits to make their roster moves once the morning show is over. That's just how it is. And so when we had Laurel Failer on yesterday, the discussion about FC Cincinnati was multidirectional, and it was trying to figure out, Okay, does Luco go someplace? Does he hanging out with his best buddies the treadmills? Does he actually do some toe touchies and some running around in the background for FC Cincinnati? What does Evander do? Ww wwed sounds like an AM radio station out in like Covington or something. But we'll find out what what would Evander do? And so this is why we bring in our buddy Tyler Pilgrim in the Atlanta United Conversational Information Exchange Program, as we always do on Wednesdays here at nine point fifteen. So yeah, nothing going on here in Major League Soccer at all, involving a team that we cover on a daily basis and a couple of teams that needed to make some moves, and we got to see one of the new rules in Major League Soccer come to the fore. And apparently, apparently, like I said, nothing official engage team. That is not me, by the way.
Speaker 2: That's me. That's me. Carry on. I don't know why I dismissed that like an hour ago.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I mean I thought it was I thought that, you know, uh Ace Acce might be bugging like, don't you know, don't you know what I'm doing right now, not like like every Wednesday known to mankind that we can have you when you're not on vacation going to Florida's right? But first off, how are the how are the the specs? How are the eye?
Speaker 2: I am much better after let's see, things started getting really really good on my way to Florida.
Speaker 1: Of course they did.
Speaker 2: I still wore glasses though, because I didn't want to like throw anybody off. But uh no, it just it, you know, kind of slowly, slowly went away. You don't look like a psychops anymore for the most part, So you know what happened. I genuinely think like I must have gotten some kind of like say it like, because my eye itself was fine. It was just my olid So you know, like you ever had like a sty sties hurt really bad, This didn't like hurt like that. It just swoll up. I looked like I got in a fight and I didn't. I don't they.
Speaker 1: God, we can't. We can't take anybody anywhere. We're just gonna have to literally we're just gonna have to wear gloves and living bubbles and we can't touch we can't touch anything, and then try and actually have some kind of a daily existence. It just happened. Well. First off, glad that you're able to use your normal glasses instead of your sunglasses. Also, you know, although I mean it's like like you weren't styling and profiling down in Central Florida when you're wearing your shades out in public, but everybody's like, well, dude, it's the sun, you know It's yeah, I can get it.
Speaker 2: It made sense down there. It was beautiful weather down there, by the way.
Speaker 1: Of course it was, and you're sitting there trying to cover soccer. So, uh, Atlanta United with the wind over New England. And I'm just I'm gonna start with the with the part that seemed very very Caleb Porter esque. Oh are you promoting this morning with the mug? Of course you are.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm not intentionally, but it's there.
Speaker 1: Oh bite your tongue, sir, Yeah. Yeah, And the Caleb Porter esque beginnings of the match where postgame reports out of New England were like, yeah, same old things that we're seeing, same old concerns. But it seemed to those of us that were watching that New England decided that they wanted to up the chippiness factor and go in hard and stick some tackles, and it looked like they hid to a degree kind of targeted Jamal because there were two tackles early where Jamal took some hard shots and I think that might have amplified the energy in the room just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it was actually really funny. If you've never and I don't know why anybody here necessarily would have gone, but if you've ever been to IMG Academy, the place is massive.
Speaker 1: First of all, yes, it is ridiculous, ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So they're playing on the you know, the main field that has the big bleachers, and it's got like the box behind it.
Speaker 1: The one the one that's furthest away from everything, like it's out. It's out in Belujah County.
Speaker 2: So yeah, literally across the state. But we set, you know, I set doing my article and everything in the bleachers. Well, the bleachers were divided up. You had Atlanta and it's staff, and then you had New England and it's staff. And so I'm sitting there in the Atlanta area and lo and behold who is sitting next to me? And behind me all of Atlanta's players. So Brooks Lynnon sitting next to me, and I'm like, hey, man, how's your shoulder? And he's like, it's doing good, you know, And Latte Lath is sitting there. Got to meet Latte Lath just for a quick second.
Speaker 1: That was cool.
Speaker 2: Matt Edwards sitting back there because he didn't feature in the game. And then a handful of you know, New twos guys, some guys that I don't know. So we're sitting there fit what ten to fifteen minutes into this game, and things started getting a little a little more violent than they probably you have for a preseason game.
Speaker 1: Gentleman's Society courtesy of our friends from Foxborough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was so funny listening to Brooks Lennon and Matt Edwards.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then pedro Ominor walks up and they're watching this game just as fans, and they're like, you know, somebody comes in on Jamal and they're like, hey, what the fuck? They're going off. They're like getting upset. They're yelling, you know, anytime there's like a bad giveaway at the back, they're like, you know, like on the edge of their seat. And at one point Brad and I'm sure you couldn't hear it on the on the the video, but Brad comes out and he's like he's like, hey man, it's a preseason game, and like it's just yelling at a bunch of New England players. And then the guys sitting next to me, they're like, yeah, it's freaking preseason. And then there was one moment where Jamal was fouled. Yes, and again don't know what was on the video. Jamal did the fouling. I can tell you that for sure. This was not one where he got you know, kind of knocked down and injured. One of the two times. This was after the fact. It was just he was fighting for a ball. It was a duel. He kind of got his leg wrapped around the defender and the ref called it for Jamalka and we're all and this happened right in front of us, and so we're all sitting there and the whistle blows, ref gestures that it's Atlanta's free kick, and all of the Atlantic folks sitting there were like, oh, that kind of turned around and Matt Edwards was sitting behind me and he's like and then Doug is over there and he goes, I guess it's preseason for the refs too. Just to give you a general idea of kind of the way that the whole thing played out. Yeah, And so to get back to Jamal, he got taken down the first time, and there was some unhappiness. He got taken on the second time, and I think Atlanta player I was about to say fans, because they were acting like fans. The Atlanta players were ready to like storm the field. Yeah, it's a unique experience, I will say that.
Speaker 1: But it goes to I think the fight that a lot of fans were looking for out of the club. Sticking up for your teammate in a situation like that where dude gets dropped, and that your first impulse is to sit there and get in the face of the other guy instead of just letting something happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean we've we've talked about it multiple times going back to last year, right, and it's it's one of those things where I think you kind of saw it. There was there was one other one that I know unless you had an eagle eye. It was just one of those things. It probably was never caught, it was never mentioned, but there was a point where Saba was on like the near the near touch line and he's kind of scrapping for a ball with one of the defenders and to win the ball in a preseason game, the New England defender you know what you what do you normally do to win a throw? And you kick it off the the opposing player, it goes out and you get the throw and whatever he did that he drilled this ball into Saba's like stomach, I mean hard, from literally about three feet away, and Saba just stood there and he looked at him and he goes and the guy was like and like went off running away, and Saba was just standing there like dude, what what why would you do that? Like why was that necessary? And it was stuff. So when that happened, a couple of the other players came running up, thinking like, oh, we're about to get into it, and so I was like, oh, this is this is great to see, you know. And then Jamal gets knocked down. You got guys like Slish running up. You got of course, Brad's you know, back there saying his stuff. You've got you know Miggi, who's not that kind of guy, but he's at least kind of walking up and like ready to ostrich sneak attack somebody, you know. So but it was just, yeah, it was good to see a little bit of attitude. And they need that click another one click I think is going to be very big for that kind of attitude personality.
Speaker 1: And there's nothing wrong with you know, with showing that you're going to stand up for your teammates, especially in preseason, because it sets a good example for everybody else going around. Then it comes to set pieces, set pieces, set pieces, and you got to see what what Am five nine can do when when he's when he's behind the ball. And like I said, looking at what the the Revolution coverage folks were mentioning about, you know, once again set Peace defending and it was one of the worst things that they had issues with last year with Caleb Porter. Guess what set Peace Defending helped out Atlanta United there with with goal number one. But you got to see Alexi midn Chuk and the top in the vision that's there and Jamal got the slam dunk at the back post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, again this is just from from my vantage point down there. That ball that he put in it set peace defense, you can. You know, we talk about that all the time. There was nobody that was going to be able to get to that ball other than the person that Marriynchuck wanted to get to that ball. It was just it was that spot on and I mean he put it to the back post, comes up and heads it in and it was great. I mean it was perfect. And I asked Dilah about it after because you know, I said, this is I think the third set piece goal in the preseason, and this is something that Atlanta struggled with a lot last year. And he said, you know, actually it's not something that we've spent a ton of time working on yet. He said, you know, I always tell them that the game is won and lost in both boxes. However you're scoring, however you're defending. He's like, you know, I loved on defensive set pieces and defending in general. I love the attitude that I saw out of my players, But on our set pieces, he said, you know, we actually haven't had a lot of time to dive into like routines and stuff. We've just kind of said, this is kind of what we want to do, you know, keep it simple for now until a later time when they can actually develop some things. But he said, you know, you put your guys on it that know how to deliver a ball, and you target the guys that know how to get on the end of it.
Speaker 1: Then you get that, you get that one, and then you end up with a second. And you mentioned Mattea's Click Click gets the second goal in the second half, and that was what at Land United needed. They come out of there with a win the exhibition season, but most of the starters go seventy and they're gauging fitness and getting ready for Hey, they're playing c Cincinnati today, so they're getting ready for all of that activity. What did you think of the starters or the starting lineup? Not necessarily the starter starters, but that's starting eleven then went what was your gauge of everybody that went into the second half and then deep into the second.
Speaker 2: Half, I thought they were definitively the better team over New England. I mean, I thought they they did well with when they lost the ball, pressuring hard to get it back and being successful at it. I thought, uh, they were unpredictable and how they played because you had Miguel Almron playing wherever he wanted to play. Yeah, and he still has it. I'm telling you all that now. The guy again, I know we y'all watched it, but seeing him get on the ball and then what we always go back to that that old saying from I think I don't know who said it, maybe it was Joseph back then, but he runs faster when he's on the ball. That he did that, he he broke lines just by his own running. So by that he's taking defensive lines and he's throwing them completely out of whack. He's creating space for Saba and Ron Schuck and you know in this case too. All right, So that was good to see Slish and Click looked like they were working really well together, communicating. And then one thing that I noticed being there, and that diala mentioned after because I asked him, like, all the improvements that y'all made over the preseason so far, what are you most proud of? And he said, actually, it's the communication. He said. You know, we've got guys that are normally quiet and they're out there being leaders. They're being loud, they're being vocal. Where we weren't hearing that in Chattanooga. You know, we weren't hearing that early on in the preseason. And I made it a big point of emphasis, like y'all need to be talking with each other, and I heard it in the stands and this is before he dially even mentioned anything about it. So you've got guys back there like Derek Williams, who was described last year as a silent leader. He was not silent at all, which is good, you know, And so I mean I liked what I saw. The intensity was there, especially in the first half. I mean, I think you started to see a little bit of the tiredness kind of work its way in in the second half. Diala mentioned that too, he said, you know, this is all on tired legs. It's you know, this is good to see because they did this on tired legs and they put in a really good shift. So, I mean, to get seventy I was thinking we were going to get maybe sixty out of them, but so to go an extra ten and to be as you know, high energy as they were, I think that's a really good sign.
Speaker 1: Well. And I think also, and I have no gauge as to coaching style and demands and thoughts and these kinds of things, but I would also imagine that in situations like what we had this weekend and what you're going to see today and what's going to be seen on Saturday against FC Dallas, is that you're kind of pushing your limits a little bit. It's like, okay, I know you can go sixty, let me see what else you can give me, right, now because they have to be ninety ready in ten days time or close to it. Anyway. You know you've got to be you've got to be as close to that A plus player that you can be. So not surprising that you go past sixty, you get to seventy, and then you bring in folks to go for the final twenty and the thing that I enjoyed and I don't know if this is just me sitting there staring at something, but you bring in let me, let me, let me mention the folks that you brought in with twenty to go. So you got you get the first A starting eleven. His first AF starting eleven was Brad Ronald, Derek Saba, Miggy Jamal click a Brom DCQ. I still want to talk about DCQ, So hang on to that AM five nine and Bart's sleash. So that was you. That was your starting that was your starting eleven. And so you go into the second half, you go twenty to go. Well, first half, Brad played his forty five, Josh came in for the second twenty five. You get a guy like Ronan Win who is making a point to hang around in whatever capacity. He came in and switched out for DCQ twenty to go, you bring in Ronan Win, Mulliam, bah Jay Toga, she Sean Day, Luke Brennan, musquetra Ephra, Noah and will Now of twenty to go just on a general premise, twenty to go and you bring in fast Eddie and cool hand Luke to run at folks for twenty minutes. You got to be an imposing coach sitting there and going blankety blankety bleep that these guys are running at me for twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you think at that point you can settle in and try to like maybe get one over and get something back on Atlanta. But do you still got to worry about Yeah, you still got to worry about two really fast guys on the outside. And then you got Silva playing as like a ten basically. So I think they weren't able to to kind of impose themselves New England on the match as much as they wanted to. Yep, the momentum did shift a little bit, and that's partially because, excuse me, Atlanta's trying to hold onto a two neil lead, which would Atlanta DA really needs to show that they can do yes, So and they and they did well. You know, I thought they definitely took their foot off the gas a little bit, but they they picked opportunities to to go forward when they could. And having Luke over there talking crap, you know, guys literally twice his age was cracking me up. And then you have Edwin who is doing his thing, and I think, like you didn't, You didn't lose out on a ton because Togashi's up there just what I might have said it over and over again, but that chaotic energy that he has, he's just driving center backs insane. But I was really happy to see Noah and f Rain back there just holding it down, like handling the business like there are a couple of veterans.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was really really fun to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And uh, you know, next time you come back, obviously we'll sit there and we'll look at the roster and look at what the back line is. And I know that you and I have talked consistently about what it's looking like. And they're they're being careful with Pedro and making sure that he that Hawkeye is going to be at one hundred percent when he comes in on the left hand side. But you look at what's available to you on the back, all things being equal, everybody being healthy, then tell me if I miss anybody. So it is Amidor and Matt, it is Luke and Derek, it is Ephra and Steon, it is Ronnie and some and somebody else. But you've got seven there already as we go, and so you're look, you're looking at Ronan Win probably with the twos, and we bring in Jared as a part of this discussion now too. So the back you got a lot of folks that you can play with there. But I think I think Jared's ears were burning because I'd mentioned DCQ and what did you get to look at when you're down there in central Florida with Dominic Chung Kuek continue to impress.
Speaker 2: So going back to the UH sitting amongst Atlanta players who were acting as fans, it was actually really cool because you know, it seems like all oys have kind of been on Chanqui and he he is impressed. So I'll jump ahead really quick to what Dyla said about him. And he said, first of all, if you ask Diala about Changqui, don't call him Yankqui, because he was like, who and I was like dominic and he's like, oh, you have to call him Dominick for me. But he he was like, you know, he's kind of continuation of what he said last week. He's he's special. He's like he's he's that age and he's built not like he should be built for that age. And he's like, you know, there's things that we have to work on with him, you know, his his first touch, things like that, but he's progressing so well. So just continuous, you know, high praises from the coach for chan Qui. But going back to being in the stands during the game, and I think chank Wi won like three of the four corners or something in the first half, and then he did really well defending. And so we're sitting there and at one point he had to track back immensely to help out, and he is just full steam ahead, comes back and and breaks up the play, you know, and and and gives his teammates a moment to get back in position. And when that happened, you hear Brooks Lynnen sitting literally next to me, turns around and goes, man, Dom's on something. That kid, that kid's doing well. And I was like, man, it's really cool to hear like these these veteran guys because he was talking to like Matt Edwards at that point, Stean gregorson it come by and sat down like he's talking to all them, and I was like, that's really cool, you know, to to hear these guys giving praise to a kid that's that's come up through the ranks and all. And so it's not lost on just like pundits, journalists and fans like chan Quee is the real deal. He's really really making an impression in the club.
Speaker 1: Dcq's the real deal. Jared beat two three four.
Speaker 3: There we go to these thats You're counting at fours and I'm operating at fives. Get on my level?
Speaker 4: Is the real deal?
Speaker 3: But we knew this last year we did. The thing is we go back to go back to the Birmingham game, where like, the thing that gets me is that the discussion about it isn't just yes, he's big, he is athletic, he is not your average seventeen year old physically, but man, it's like it's mentally, it's the positioning, is the anticipation. It's the fact that the thing we talk about with these kids all the time. Is how fast the game is at that level, and he doesn't seem bothered by it, and he just kind of does the water off a duck's back kind of thing. I like, when he makes a mistake, it doesn't ruin him. You know, he's gonna make mistakes one hundred percent. He is because he's seventeen. Yea, and no one's perfect at seventeen.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, it happens, but he just he bounces back from him. He doesn't. He does not let one mistake create a second mistake. So yeah, it's Look, I know they've been linked to rumors about bringing another left.
Speaker 1: Back, when that and literally that is all we've heard, is that that one bunch of rumor gossip, et cetera. That was last week. Yes for anything since then, it's.
Speaker 3: Going it feels like it is getting more difficult to keep him out of this this depth charge. Like he's gonna see twenty of time with the twos. Don't get me twisted on this, but he keeps doing this, he's going to start making some first team benches at some point if he keeps taking the steps he has to take in his development because he is showing you that he should be that good and age doesn't matter nearly as much with a young player if they're going to do the job, like I don't care how old you are. If you're gonna go out there and do the job and give me the best chance to win, then welcome.
Speaker 1: So basically what you're saying that he's big, he's got flow, he's a kid who's in the no DCQ as the next go round for for for chance, perhaps by the seventeens, I don't know. It was something akin to what I was thinking about with the guy that's usually behind him in NET. So I was trying to think of something in that rhythm with that, Yeah, I mean until something better comes along, please you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then to the point about being in NET like you have another one in NET in Jim Hibbert, who is Yes, I'm still convinced he's going to force the issue sooner rather than later. But he's he's his ceiling is bonkers man, mhm.
Speaker 2: And don't think because you haven't seen him really so far, that he's he's not making an impact. I mean it's it's really tough for the one position that only one group of people can play for you know, what's essentially a third string and that's no disrespect to kind of break in. I mean, I think maybe he'll he'll feature at some point in the preseason, but like if you don't pay attention to the twos, don't let his lack of appearances so far in the preseason make you think like, oh, he's just not that great or he's not on that growth curve. That dude might be one of the hardest working players at the club on his own personal you know, kind of abilities and the things that he wants to improve on, and how he listens and takes in information from a guy like Brad who's you know, yelling at him every day. He he's gonna be a phenomenal goalkeeper sooner than later.
Speaker 1: And you know, we mentioned the numbers game at the back at the depth is there the confidence seems to be there in the younger players because you know, you end up with with someone like Noah. I think probably the first thing that folks can gravitate toward is the conversation that Garth Lockerway had with Noah after knocking off MESSI and friends. That that clip, that clip of video that is there where Garth shows the confidence that he has in a kid like Noah Cobb. And then you bring in all all of the new faces and you mentioned uh, you know Lotte Lot being a part of it, and you know Click and Sleesh being a part of that midfield. When it comes to the integration of the parts and the puzzle coming together, where are you, Tyler, in the progression from what you've seen from Chattanooga to Central Florida. Where are you in what you've seen in the progression? Where are how are things progressing? In your mind?
Speaker 2: I am I'm pleased because this is something I've thought about a lot, you know, going back to before the first match of preseason, my biggest thing was an I know, I joked around like they need to win seven zero, like you know, I understand that that was like a bit, it was a joke, but I did want to see just that progression. I wanted to see discipline. I wanted to see things going in the right direction and in preseason, like to I think preseason is one of those things where you can you can have an okay preseason and the curve is a little little gentler, or you can have a like a really really good phenomenal preseason. It's just like a growth chart, you know. And I think that's what we've seen because every game, this team and the players on it, the individual players playing, have all gotten better. And it's not just you know, Saba had a moment of brilliance or somebody did something really cool. It's hey, I'm seeing these two players working well together. I'm seeing you know, the right center back whoever it may be, and the right back and the right winger all kind of working in tandem together. I'm seeing the midfield switching in and out, and then you know, a winger from one side kind of cutting in and becoming a part of the midfield. And they're all communicating and pressing high when they need to as a team and falling back as a team when they need to. That's the things that I've been paying attention to, and I think they've all gotten better. I mean, we can look at it simply with going back to Chattanooga and Ronnie Dalla Bey and like we passed the ball backwards too much. Now it's we're passing the ball backwards just to quickly reset and play forward rapidly. Like we when we have possession, our entire goal is to move the ball forward, not sideways, not laterally, only back if we have to, And we're going to really really pressure the opposing team back into their half, and we're going to keep pushing, keep shipping away until we're just predominantly playing in their half of the pitch. And I think that's where the discipline comes in. I think that's the biggest difference from the past couple of years until now is it does feel like much more cohesive amongst all of the players playing. Even when you make subs, even when you have you know, different groups coming in, it seems like everybody has the same vision and they're actually on the same page.
Speaker 1: Jared, what about you and progression and where things stand.
Speaker 3: No, it's the same thing. For me. It's that this has been the thing for me going back even the last year. When you win into the season, is when the ball moves backwards, you move the ball backwards to reset your attack because looks it's the idea.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: The idea is we should always be going forward. That's suicide. And you know it because if you start playing down the right and they load up the right, they set traps for you. It's just going to result in the turnover. But if and you do this correctly, you take that ball back, you work the ball back to the left quickly, and you take advantage of the overload and you catch them coming. Maybe even you flip it to the left and then reset playback to the right with a big switch and you catch them in the middle of their transition of trying to get rebalanced. Sometimes, yeah, sometimes you do have to take a step back to go forward. That's fine. The thing for me for the whole preseason has been little increments of getting better. But one of the things I've liked is that in the two games we've seen, in the two last games we've seen, you've gotten a lead and then you've been stable with it. That was preseasons. Teams are going to be changing out like Atlanta did a whole ass fire line change, like hockey level change, Sage Brother, it looked like it looked like the coach on the it looked like the coach on the bench screen to switch it up, and you changed lines in a hockey game. In that New England match, it was beautiful. It was it was it was it was art, but make it sport. Yeah, but I wanted to see that, and not just from the starts, but from the kids and from everybody of but you get a one nail or two nill lead, how are you going to protect it? Yeah, like man and and Diala's aggression is not unique because all the panta talked about it as well. That you know, like his favorite way to protect a two nail lead was to make it a three nail lead, and so on and so forth. I think Diala has the same intentions. Maybe they have different ideas of how to get there. But yeah, if you got we're leading by well, what should we do. Let's go. Let's go lead by two goals, then by three goals, and my firals, if we beat them into the concrete, they can't get up. Yeah, you can take risks in doing that. That's what it is. That's how you choose to operate versus sitting back in a bunk. But I wanted to see how they dealt with that pressure. I want to see how they dealt with having those two goal leads, of not giving up cheap, easy opportunities, of managing the moments mentally and emotionally, because you're bringing more of an edge, I think, right, now than we saw with this team in the past, and how do you manage those most because I thought we saw that, and y'all feel free to disagree, that's fine. I thought we saw it more at the end of last season with like when Rob was able to put his stamp on things like go back to the Red Bulls game in the Bend, when you get someone soon off for Red Bulls and you end up with you know you you end up with with Stian RecordsOn, like squaring up with a player like you start getting guys who are ready to fight and felt like that baseline was built last year. Now you're building on it. So how do you handle the emotions of it all? I don't want to see it continued progression, will see it today. I'm sure like you're not gonna win every preseason game. It's it's okay. It's you don't have to sound an alarm if you lose a preseason game, because you're probably gonna lose one of the next two just because it's preseason and kids and the guys are getting fitness and they're figuring themselves out, and they're trying to figure and they're trying to build chemistry and do something new, and that's okay. Show me progression, you know, show me more of the passing that we saw in Birmingham where you're trying to play a dangerous ball through the channel. You know, you're playing a ball that is if this comes off, not only is it doesn't go from this is a dangerous opportunity. This turns into a oh god, oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die, a dangerous opportunity. Both of the defense for Atlanta, you're happy, right, But the other thing I want to see, I think personally, is when you do play those balls and when you are taking those risky passes that can just break the game completely open. Is the ability to stay organized defensively, because not all those balls are trying to come off, and some of them are come right back down your throat. You know they're going to get cleared, They're going to trigger a counter. How do you handle it defensively? How organized are you? How organized is Barto Slish who feels like has been handed the responsibility of being a leader organizing the front, like just the first wave of resistance, So how do you manage that? How do you manage defensively? How organized can you say.
Speaker 1: Since jareded mentioned Gonzalo Pineda, I figure that before the two of you depart, whenever Jared decides his Irish goodbye is going to be Irish. And then Tyler is tired of hearing from me. Leak's Cup of course came out with their opening round of a group stage activity, and don't tell me for a second, don't tell me for a second that you ain't looking at opportunities to create audience and create plotlines, because if you missed it, the qualifying phase for Atlanta United in League's Cup two zero two five includes the following clubs, Nakosa coming to Mercedes Benz on July thirty, Pumas at Enter and Co at the home of the Purple team on August two, and then for the third match in a week in the qualifying phase at Mercedes Benz Stadium. I don't know if you if you've heard this, and stop me if you either haven't or have different information, but Atlas is coming to Mercedes Benz Stadium. And we all know about the volatility of Lega Mki's but right now, in this particular club known as Atlas, there is an individual that is very familiar to the Atlanta United fan base and to Major League Soccer. So the last match in the qualifying phase in League's Cup two zero two five involves Gonzalo Pineda, Atlanta United and Mercedes Benz Stadium on Wednesday, August sixth. Don't tell me there ain't no helicopters hanging around the league offices.
Speaker 2: I no, this was completely intentional.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked that this happened.
Speaker 2: I know, right, this is this is ridiculous. Whose idea was this?
Speaker 1: This has nothing to do with anything ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I mean, you expected it was either gonna be them or Cruzel or I'm surprised it wasn't both.
Speaker 1: Honestly, they will have a three white Dan. It's just bringing both them. We'll play it in a double.
Speaker 2: So they figure out whay to get you know, leone over here as well and just go ahead and bring a matel back to somehow. But no, yeah, I mean, what did you expect like Panadas down there? He's he's the coach, you know, and and you kind of alluded to it. But there there is a possibility he might not make it that far because he has yet to win a game. They're two and four with him in charge. So I mean, you know, I wish I wish that gout nothing but the best of luck.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: But it's Lega and Mekis and they aren't exactly known for patients with coaches. So we'll see. But as of right now, that Wednesday is a must watch game for anybody. I don't care if you're Atlanta and not a fan or not. The only thing that would make it better is if somehow Joseph Martinez were involved.
Speaker 1: Let's see he he is attached.
Speaker 3: To Joseph right now.
Speaker 1: He's open there, ready for the.
Speaker 3: Absolute street fight that is going to be Yes, Yes, because oh Rango and Joseph.
Speaker 2: And and Bruce and Bruce is gonna be I just want cameras, man, that's all. Season two of Onside is going to be amazing.
Speaker 1: Art Knock, heart knocks San Jose.
Speaker 3: Someone shown up to a media availability with a black eye? Yeah, like like uh like Kiffin did at the sun Ball back in the day.
Speaker 1: Is that is that rice on your shoulder? What? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What is that? What What is that? Do I do I smell chicken? What's going on? Ah?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: The San Jose is the is the story. I think that's going to be the gift that keeps on giving this entire season. But yes, League's Cup.
Speaker 3: But Bruce is gonna end up playing against New England and he's gonna try and put nine goals on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmmm, considering that he is revs. West, but he took four players from New England in the off season. You end up with to try and take whatever the od is if Santo plays New England, take the over and make sure that you do that in each half as.
Speaker 2: Well, trying to go for Luco as well. Yeah, you know they they were want to building over there for sure, John.
Speaker 1: I mean seriously, John Fisher spending money? Who is this individual? And what have you done with John Fisher?
Speaker 2: Bruce aren has got him locked up in his basement some I'm doing this now.
Speaker 1: Give me, give me the check book, let me see see you see how I all right? So there's a little bit of a loop in the J and that that doesn't look like there's any other letters there. So if I just draw a jay and then maybe draw a line, how does he do that? F That's okay. So there's a bit of a to sit there, and it's like, you know, like Bart Simpson at the chalkboard trying to figure out how to sit there and make John Fisher's signature, you know, for all of the league transactions. Oh no, no, it's good. It checks good. Yeah, it's you know, he signed it. Yeah, one of those kind of things. Uh. Before before both of you get out of here, we had Laurel Failer on yesterday from Queen City Press discussing Lucio and possible destinations. And we did anticipate that it was going to be two players, three cities, and what the order was going to be we don't know. But as of right now, nothing officially official, but it appears that Cincinnati are doing the intra league transfer purchase deal kind of thing. It also appears that it's going to be for twelve million bones plus add ons to bring event to Cincinnati and Lucco Acosta in turn goes to Dallas because they needed help after the hayesus Ferrara trade, sending him to Seattle and getting back a couple of fish from the market and maybe some coffee from Starbucks in return. What do you think, Tyler? Like I said, we figured these two stars would be going someplace, But now it looks like Luco to Dallas Evander to Cinci. Your early thoughts on this here to wrap up your time here now are number one.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think they both needed it because I mean, Dallas, I wasn't convinced. I really wasn't, But now I think. I mean, you bring in a talent like that, I think that's exactly what they needed to kind of complete their puzzle. And then Cincy kind of the same thing because we saw the drop off last year a little bit, and you can attribute that to you know, injuries and the defense and other things, but Lucha was that guy. They need a number ten to play the way that they want to play. So it almost felt like since he had to make this happen, they had to get that replacement, and there really wasn't a better guy. If you're trying to do the whole cash transfer thing, there really wasn't a better option out there. So it instantly for me, puts them right back up into like that top four territory. I think that that's what they needed. Then you got to see what your your guy who temporarily broke the transfer record can do. Atlanta had something to say.
Speaker 1: How he integrates, you know.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I think it's a good move for both of them. I do. I do feel like five million was a little bit of a I don't know, a little bit of a fleece in one direction, but that it is what it is, not my money so.
Speaker 1: Well, but that's why we get to talk about it. Jareded with these two stars going in directions where we figured they would be going, at least one of the two instant thoughts instant analysis on something that isn't officially official yet.
Speaker 3: They're different players, and I'm trying to be careful on the way I phrase it because I don't want to insult anybody, but they're different players. Like Andrews get very very very very very good player. He's not Lucho. And it's not to say that he's not good, it's just that Lucho was kind of a unique little.
Speaker 1: Side pain in the ass well.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but it's not just that, like obviously literably good at everything he does, but he fits so well into what you were doing, where you know, everything which is can get stretched in chaotic and Cincinnati can't evander copy it. I don't know, maybe, like I think he could be very very good, just in a different way. I think asking him to be Hey, we just need to do what Lucha did. I think that's risky. Just adapt to what you have and they're not done. They know what they're doing. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, for me, Tyler, Evander is the kind of guy that's more of and this is taking system guy and putting it in quotation marks and you know, a guy that works in three dimensions inside his own brain. Evander, to me seems like the kind of guy that wants to create on his own. He wants to color outside the lines where Lucio Acosta would do that, but he would do it within the framework of what Pat Noonan wanted done at Cincinnati. And this is where where I'm intrigued. Does Evander continue to paint outside the lines, outside of what Noonan wants system systemically or does he come back in does he reel himself to be a part of the collective. That's my question.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, Evander is a Pete Martinez and Luco is a Marcelena Moreno, and that's just the weird way I look at it. But I agree with you. I think Evander is going to be that guy who come hell or high water, He's going to try to make something happen, even if he has a step outside the lines to do it, and uh be a little more abrasive when things maybe aren't going their way. And I think he's I don't want to say he's more likely to put the team on his shoulders, because it feels like Luco Across I kind of did that for like half the year a couple of years ago, but just in a different way. Luco's is now going to go to a place, and I'm really curious to see how he integrates. But despite his recent you know whatever, we want to call it timpertantrums or whatever he is, he seems to me to be the personality that's more apt to to say, all right, this is what you want me to do.
Speaker 1: I agree with it.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna go make everybody around me better. But I'm also going to score some goals and I'm gonna provide job all the service you need to go be successful.
Speaker 1: All the services. Uh tonight tonight, Well, actually you're gonna be watching a match and taking notes before you have sn S tonight. What do we expect this evening on s N s p M.
Speaker 2: This evening? It is so we did a kind of a pre recorded thing. So we threw that up on our patron but it'll be up on the show tonight with mister Kevin Egan.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, Kevin. Kevin will be with us tomorrow.
Speaker 2: By the way, there you go, look at that.
Speaker 1: This is awesome. Kevin's doing the car wash with us here.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yep, yep. So no, we had a we had to get chat with him. You know, he's super excited about Meki. So that'll be tonight and then and then we're working on very closely. We got some really cool news that we're getting ready to announce very soon.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna you're gonna break it here? Where are you gonna break it? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Well? You know, it's like kind of in flux right now because like I could, I could say it now, but like the graphic isn't ready to then go put on social media. There's there's a couple of things, so it's I'm kind of like it's gonna fall where it falls, because once I get the final go ahead, I can say, all right, well there's the graphic, and then we can put it up and then whatever appearance we happen to be a next then that's where I'll verbally say it.
Speaker 1: So okay, all right, just checking, you know, because you know, if you ever want to break any S and S news, you know you can always do it humor. Absolutely yeah. And you know when we get into uh pregame Fridays, you know, like I said, anytime in that in that last hour, I'm debating turning the last hour into something akin to a Friday free for all, where if anybody that is a part of the family wants to come in and crash for however long they want to crash in that hour number two to preview the weekend and everything, we'll just kind of throw everything up against the wall and hey, look spaghetti, No, it's art, you know, one of those kind of things.
Speaker 2: Are all Are y'all doing anything different this Friday?
Speaker 1: Not that I'm aw. I mean, it's a normal Friday. I'm trying to think, do I have my No, it is a normal Friday. So yeah, So our number two is our number two. It is what it is. And I mean, shoot, I mean Jason probably might crash to talk about Dallas a little bit and whatever the news is, the news is try and get caught up with our friends that beyond goals entering is Greg Garza towards the planet and Michael Parkhurst is trying to get Rhode Island FC all squared away for season number two.
Speaker 2: So hey, they were down in Bradenton. They were right there with us when Atlanta was playing.
Speaker 1: So you got to see Connor Smith and everybody, Okay.
Speaker 2: All of them, they were all there. I get to see it, and then it dawned on me, Oh, the Parky was here. This is he was like the first big gy to come out of here.
Speaker 1: So yes, so that's that's kind of cool. But yeah, that second hour on Friday, I think I'm just going to degrade it into spaghetti turning into art, especially when we get into the season with all the weekend previews and everything and weekend whip around pat and pending trademark coming center hopefully rather than later. So what time where on all of the sas on the social media's and the youtubes.
Speaker 2: Seven o'clock tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay, So seven o'clock tonight, s Ands, it's gonna be Kevin Egan on tape. We'll have Kevin Egan live tomorrow on the show to discuss things, and we'll have Kevin dropping him down, but SNS tonight Kevin Egan on tape Tyler. I guess Tyler a sid Tommy some massive combination of all the above.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be let's see it'll be yeah, me Achia and Tommy tonight.
Speaker 1: There we go. All right, So tune in tonight on the youtubes and all the socials. Tyler is always great to see my friend here on the Atlanta United Conversational Information Exchange that we have here on Wednesdays at nine to fifteen. Be good, my friend, have a good show tonight. We'll catch up with you.
Speaker 2: So I see y'all.
Speaker 1: There goes Tyler, and uh so Jared. I mean, it was five million one day for one transaction and you're looking at the other transaction going twelve plus. And I don't know if it smacks of a level of desperation for Cincinnati knowing that they had to come up with the hack tag Luco replacement or anything like that. But yeah, five million for FC Dallas to pick up Luco Acosta. What do you think is the better deal? The twelve million to bring in Evander to color Outside the Lines or Luco for five Are they separate fleeting.
Speaker 3: They're separate, man, because like I with Lucha, I'm gonna tell you, man, I'm gonna be I'm going to be keeping an side eye on Luco in Dallas because if he can't get settled, yeah, then I'm like, Okay, well what's the damage? But your damage, man, because you were into and maybe he is one of those guys who's like a tap tak kind of guy where he only wants to be somewhere for so long and then you need to change the scenery. But I think he'd be very very good for Dallas. And I think I said, I think Andrew is going to be different for Cincinnati. He's not the same player. The interesting part for me is Portland, Like it sounds like the coast is coming in for that, but what does Portland look like in year two for Neville?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 3: Because this is also like they're getting rid of a guy who is very good but it was not working. There were issues, and you moved on and you got something for him, which is a damn sight better than what could have happened.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. So what do you do?
Speaker 3: So how do you how do you make this better?
Speaker 1: Mm?
Speaker 4: Hm?
Speaker 1: And right right now, you're looking at Portland offensively with sixteen senior roster spots. You're forward are Anthony Uh, You've got uh Felipe Mora as a designated player. You've got Son Moreno is a U twenty two, Johnathan Rodriguez is a DP, and Vander will say he swaps out as a part of that. So that's what you're staring at with your dps and your your forwards. Jonathan Rodriguez at forward, Santie Moreno at forward is a U twenty two, Felipe Mora and Uh and and Anthony is a part of the attack there for Portland.
Speaker 3: So what does that look like for Yeah, how much pressure is on Phil Nevill, who I will maintain. I don't know if Phil Nevill is a great coach or not. I still think he kind of got a raw deal in Miami, just because he he managed to wrangle that roster enough two years ago to get them to the playoffs. Well three years ago, excuse me, he wrangled at roster enough to get them to the playoffs. Ye didn't recreate the magic and was the first on the shopping walk when MESSI was coming in. Yep, Because I don't know how much of it was him versus someone else, but he was the guy filling out the team sheet and putting the armband on Gregory instead of the Hamburglar.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I thought he did really well three years ago there. Then I thought it was he was a very easy scapegoat two years ago. M I don't know what it looks like, man, because like last year they were like some of the games Portland had. You're like, you're watching, like this is wow. They're doing this, They're doing this, they're doing that, They're doing really well, and you're like, I don't know how sustainable this is. And I don't know what it looks like this year because if it doesn't look good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how long is the leash? Yeah? Yeah? I mean you got Kevin Kelsey also coming in as a part of this offense, and that's and that is and I know that Emilio and some others kind of wanted to get into hot and things like that. I would maintain that one of the hot seats early is Portland with Neville, especially if things don't go well out of the blocks for this group. I mean, Evander is like, we need a break, and so Evander is moving on. Apparently we're getting close. Like I said, we've got numbers being tossed around. Nothing is official in press releases or anything like that. But if we operate under the premise that Evander is gone and you have the younger players that are there at forward for Portland with the expectation of Okay, he's out and we've brought in you know, we brought in guys. The costa from lens in the midfield is what is also being looked at as an addition, and you're going, we're spending a lot of money here, bringing in a lot of talent, and we jettisond what you perceive was an issue. If they stumble out of the blocks, I think the magnifying glass goes to Portland. I think you're right in the West. I think that Portland is definitely a place where folks are going to sit there and and do the bit looking into the hotel, the hotel eyeglass in the door, and they're gonna sit there and they get it real close and try to figure out what's going on inside the hotel room. I think Portland might be a hot seat early on. Yeah, the entire.
Speaker 3: Northwest will be interesting. The whole Cascadia thing because you have Portland trying to figure themselves out. You have Seattle, who, man like, it feels like they're always it feels like for a team that's always gonna always finishing top four, they're just like itching to figure out what to do with Schmetzer, almost like they want they want, they would rather be a year early than a year late in terms of flipping the switch and making and flipping the page. And then Vancouver fired Benny and God only knows what it's gonna look like this year. Yeah, man, all the Cascadia is going to be weird, and I I fully expect and look forward to Seattle like freaking out of her everything and still finishing top four mm hm, which is kind of like it's it is not identical, it's not a one to one, but it's sort of kind of like when front of mine, who's a big Steelers fan, laments like Tomlin, which at this point I'm starting to understand fully, but it's like, man, look, you'll make the playoffs the year after year after year a year like I didn't see back to back winning seasons for the Falcons until I was in college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh huh, yeah, actually.
Speaker 3: It might have been out of college. So I need you understand your baseline and my baseline are two very different things right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, mm hmm, yeah, So I mean that was kind of where uh, that's where I was with the whole thing. So I you know, I I am. I am intrigued with with what's going on in Portland since we're on hot seats, and I know that we got to talk about when you when you take your Irish goodbye, we'll get into all the other leagues and all the other events and everything that happened Champions League, conky Calf, all that other stuff that happened yesterday. You'll get you ready for today. Since we're on hot seats, who else in your mind as you peruse the the conference names, who else could be on one of those hot seats early on in your mind? Since we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think Neville will be man it. I I'm trying to brack my brain off the top of the head, like like there are that you can get like really weird with answers like die was not gonna be that's unexpecting to n y C all your new managers. You're not going to start on the hot seat Toronto could be we because like and I had, I had expressed this a feeling to you and to Jason and to Nick. I don't know how good of a coach they have an house right now, Like I don't know how good Robin Frazer really is because I feel like every place we've seen him, the deck has been sacked against him. Like when he was Colorado man, they were not spending like they're spending now, like they weren't giving him the tools that they have given Chris Armas. Yep, if it doesn't work in toend like Toronto seems like they have. Like this is like Toronto is like a two thousand and seven grand Cherokee rolling into the shop at the transfer case. About this is like a nineties Kia where it was by one get one Yes, Like where do we want to start?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Could they escapegoating theory, Yeah, sure they could, as far as other hot seat guys, like the guys I would think of are either absurd or I don't think it's gonna happen, like if Kansas City collapses.
Speaker 3: Under the r of their own existence, Like who who's gonna tell Peter Urmes that he's got to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Peter Vurmes is the guy in charge, Like, yeah, somebody convinced him that it's past his time. Hu says my Sharano after upsets mess especially they are getting a lot of good results. I think I would take more than that. Dope, man, I do that's just me.
Speaker 1: But does but Hutch but does? Does the collective protect him because of his tie?
Speaker 3: Stargs and Tina mm hmm, Like it's kind of weird right now, Like I'm trying to like, I'm going through the coaches right now.
Speaker 1: That's why I figured. I figured you're looking at lists and trying to get contact.
Speaker 3: Let's say DC gets a slow starting toilets saying yeah, yeah, I don't think Houston would do it to Ben Olsen. No if L A f C was bad to start, but you're not gonna fucker see Trundla right now.
Speaker 1: No ring but cross town but cross with La G How much patience do you give Vanny knowing that you sold he.
Speaker 3: Just cut you a ring. I think you're gonna give him a year, That's my opinion on it. I think this is like even if he went full edwards around, you're gonna give him a year. Are here you go Lutwa, Yeah, lurn Okay, Joe Supputo loves nothing more than pulling a quick trigger cut just gets tired of Joey Saputo's entire exist And I think laurn Cutoin is a good manager. I like what Maunt Montreal did last year. We are quickly like it felt like they were speed running it and they stabilized it. But we might be approaching the event horizon of the Caleb Porter process in New England at some point. God only knows what happens there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, if if Portland does something, yeah, or yeah, if Portland isn't good, maybe Phil Neville is that that that that uh the guy you you throw in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pemy has been there for fifteen years. Again, you're gonna have to pride. You were going to have to dig him out roots at all, man, this is all I'm going to have to get some freeze away. Like it's a ward. Yeah say that, Peter Murmeys is a ward, but like you're not gonna just be able to scrape them off.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's you know, you're going to have to apply compound w and hope that the commercial tells the truth.
Speaker 3: Uh. Melia I don't know if Bonnie any word.
Speaker 1: I haven't. I haven't seen anything about Vanny picking up another gig someplace.
Speaker 3: I haven't either. Schmidtze interest the thing with Schmitzer, and this would be something we can ask Nico. Yeah, my redoult Schmitzer personally, and I'm not Nico. I don't have Nico's context. I'm not as knowledgeable in Seattle as Nico. I will defer to him ten times out of ten. Yeah, and yeah, Ricky, I'm not googling all right now because if I if I run this keyboard right now, you're going to think like the seventh has sounded or the seventh sel has opened, a revelations loud.
Speaker 1: Well, but but Ricky went magic at Google eight ball and that's fine.
Speaker 3: So it's fine. But with Seattle, with Schmitzer, even if they decided it was time, my guess with Schmitzer, and this isn't I think if we want to use therapy words, sure, I think you would offer him a front office spot, and I think you would let him step down with dignity. You would not. I don't think you would just fire Brian Schmitzer like we've relieved into his duties new man's a legend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've give him the ceremonial boost up the role within the organization, thank him for his service.
Speaker 3: He's resigning his post at the end of the year. He's retiring from coaching. That's my guess on it, because Schmitzer is damn legend again.
Speaker 1: He won you he one U c CLA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's won you trophies. He's continued the greatness that Seattle has always had. I guess I'm trying to because I'm thinking like guys who have been there who haven't shown anything like but like all the guys who are more tenured, like Pablo MASTROI, it's some great work in solid Yeah, they're gonna need new striker set up. M Oscar Pray has been at Orlando for five years. But they if they can't get over the hump this year into MLS cump, do they just say whatever, we're gonna we're gonna do something different in panic.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thanks for your time. Here's a pocket watch. Kick him in butt, send him on his way.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't really know who, like said, uh Joy and DC would be one of them that I would be thinking about. Maybe Caleb Porter if New England is bad. Yeah, I don't know, because I feel like the first one is always one that comes out of left field for us.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is true, and something.
Speaker 3: Can I give you this, Yeah, the soldion my Irish could buy. He won't be the first guy fired. What if I told you the first guy to leave a post is well for Dancie in the summer takes a job in Europe.
Speaker 1: Huh. I mean well, I mean we figured that that might be what his end game might be. Anyway, But with all of the movements in and around Columbus Cucco to ral Bettist, et cetera, et cetera, do you sit there and say, Okay, I think I've maxed things out. I don't want to, you know, take this thing back down to the studs and build the house all over again. And maybe if there's a gig, if there's a gig in league on that might have a paycheck, I know, uh, you know, someplace someplace in Europe where he can hang his hat and take folks into Champions League and Europa League and side. I could definitely see him leaving at some point.
Speaker 3: So that'll be my my stupid prediction that looks really bad. I agree, and I agree, materflow. All I needed to know about Masherano is that when he got announced, all of like the people, the sickos in Argentina who followed the youth national team, we're over the moon. Yeah, oh thank Christ, he's gone. Yeah he's he's here because he's Messi's friend. But I don't think they'll just straight up a fire.
Speaker 1: And they don't want it.
Speaker 3: They don't want to angry Messy, especially when Messie goes back into his EMO era.
Speaker 1: Yes, but.
Speaker 3: That'll be my stupid prediction that looks bad in five months will be that nazis the first coach to not be coaching the team, the first coach who leaves a team. But it won't because he's fired because somebody offers him something he can't refuse.
Speaker 1: In Europe, Yes, the new challenge for Wilford nasty and they do something in the summer. All right, So you're gonna go ahead and make your Irish goodbye and we'll see you when we see you. There you go. See there's an Irish goodbye. He just dumps. I love that, all right. So there's your hot seat conversation plus not necessarily hot seat, but next levels and desires and things like that. Okay, forty five minutes. We got to talk about conky CAF. We gotta talk about Champions League, We got to talk about juice boxes, We got to talk about all the things that are there. We also have to talk about the summer leagues that we cover here on the network. They have their alignments and we'll be catching up with a lot of the clubs and seeing where things stand in USL League two and let you know where things are with that US Women's national team named they're twenty three. I would also anticipate a new soccer for US POD coming up, getting ready for She Believes and all the announcements and things. We'll gloss over the roster and let you know what was there for the US WNT. The U seventeens and concer caff are in group play. Keep an eye on them with the matchup against Saint Kitts and Nevis. I don't think they're going to score twenty two like they did against the US Virgin Islands, but we'll look at that and go through a gossip berman innuindo what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it, and everything else that's going on. Today. Now we mentioned Creek Cup in opening kickoff with the beginning of our real, real high school high school football, true high school soccer season, and that is going to be once again today on the network six o'clock, eight o'clock from Northview. I will be up there for that and we will break it all down with all of the activity. And once again thanks to our friends at John's Creek, and thanks to our friends at Northview for letting us come and hang out and be a part of the Creek Cup once again starts today. It's on both sides of both sides of the aisle. You get both the boys and the girls competition. Just be ready because if you're going to Northview today, then just be sure that you are prepared, that you dress warmly, and that you are prepared. So that is that's what you're looking at at Creek Cup once again. Just so you know today today, today today at Northview, Campbell and Lagrange at six John's Creak in Midtown at eight and that is at Northview and it's girls action, and that is today that gets us started and into Creek Cup in and of itself. Both SDH one and SDH two will be in action tomorrow because the boys will get underway at John's Creek, Walton, Sequoia, Campbell, and North Atlanta. I will have Northview and Walton at Northview at six o'clock on SDH two. And so just set your notifications as to where you can pick it up, where you can go soccer down here, dot mixer dot com and follow all that. So set your notifications on all of your social media and get it all dialed up. But yesterday was a great start for our season. Creek Cup broadcasts start tonight a little before six o'clock. The two girls matches in the Green bracket and their championship games will be on Saturday morning at eleven o'clock and one o'clock on SDH two. So that is the official beginnings of the season. And thanks to our friends once again at John's Creek who wanted us to be a part of it. So this is our official kickoff being a part of this kickoff classic, the Creek Cup up there at John's Creek and Northew High School. So looking forward to that today. All right, let's say hi to everybody and find out what's on your mind this morning as we go, and thank you, Thank all of y'all for being a part of this. Yeah, I know that. And the other fact that you guys are the proofreaders of the show and the producers of the show. Thank you very much for that, because you know, you change the title and everything, but you don't change the date. Changed my name when I realized that I was being fonded as Jason early on figured out how to do that. But what I didn't want to do is sit there and if I had to, because I'm still learning the software here with this new program, I didn't want to edit something and then have it bump me off the air, because then it'd be like, yeah, that's Nelson. So I know that when you're clicking on it right now in the edit, I'll change the date to twelve, and I know that the date right now is still two eleven. So morning, d Gram, Morning Alex, Morning, Ricky Carmel, seven twenty three. Welcome. Good to have you as a part of things. Sub not much. We're here every day and we're here for solid two hours if not more, talking everything and whatever's on the collective's mind. In the twitch pitch, we do have our own topics. I think this is Carmel seven, twenty three's first time here, so welcome and welcome to being a part of the Twitch Pitch and everything that we talk about on a daily basis. Once again, we mentioned tomorrow Kevin Egan's going to join us live at nine point fifteen and then the Power Hour with Nino and Nico at ten and ten thirteen. You know Torres from our our friend at Goal TV where he comes fully loaded to talk about things and I've still got to get the audio is literally this weekend, if you missed it, he was calling Braga and Hillvisente on Gold TV and the Portuguese League and it turned into a discussion of Invincible, the movie, any given Sunday the movie and his segment here on SDH. Literally it was a three minute it was a three minute how to do about Nino and fully loaded in SDH. I gotta find I've got to find that audio. It's like in the thirteenth minute of the match on the weekend, and then Nico Moreno joins this last half hour of the show, he'll break down everything from a Pacific perspective in Major League Soccer. Friday's the free for All and we're getting you ready for the weekend on a couple of different levels. Tomorrow we also have to talk about Atlanta and Cincinnati, which is today the last activity for Atlanta United at IMG Academy. Then they'll pack things up head this way where it's cold. So they'll have FC Dallas this weekend at the Children's Health Care of Atlanta training ground behind closed doors and it and it will be streamed. The future will be streamed, people, It will be streamed. So, uh, the start time for the matchup against f C Cincinnati currently not posted, But keep an eye out on your socials and you can uh see what's going on with Landy United at atlutd dot com slash live and you can keep an eye on that there. Uh let's see trying to Cincinnati February twelve, and so keep an eye if the I think the I think the matches stream today, I know the Dallas matches stream. Hang on, let me clear my throat to a second. So keep an eye on your socials for your updates involving at Landy United and what's going on with the matchup against f C Cincinnati. The matchup against FC Dallas streams atl U t D dot com slash Live. So that's where you keep up with everything at land United. So that is your uh, that is your your rundown of everything at Landy United. Yes, Ricky, this is where we need like ma choke chol it's I love that drop that they would give us with muchoke. So no, we will not be seeing a certain number ten and and a good point by de Graham where he's like, not today, but maybe Saturday might be there hanging out instead of catching a flight to Dallas. Maybe just catch a flight to the world's busiest airport, sit there and hang out and wait for everybody greet him at the airport. You know, have the sign FC Dallas. You know you're waiting for You're waiting for FC Dallas and your Luco Acosta at Hartsfield, you know, flying from wherever you are to Atlanta, hanging out and you're right there. You know, everybody comes up the escalator with the signs Luco is the guy with the sign for the rest of his teammates beats beats him all to Atlanta and Tommy Scoops has really done a lot of work to get things squared away when it comes to all of the transactions involving a lot of the teams out west, so a lot of movement out there as well. It's a cash for Is that a hashtag cash for? Probably it is rich good morning. That was why I wanted to get into Tyler wearing his glasses. I think his camera was reversed, so check have him check on that next time. Uh, pars reading into anything in the cryptic post from Edwin not the moment, So we'll see what happens. But I mean Edwin has said, you know, Edwin has been linked in the past, and like I said, this was a long time ago. Edwin has been linked to moves in South America and loans and such. So let's just go ahead. Let's go ahead, and we'll see if we can workshop this a little bit and see if there is anything involving Edwin on the two hundred and eighty character app. And let's see to do latest February ten, but not that Edwin Musquata. Uh, the latest came from a gentleman named Edwin Lesquetta on the two hundred and eighty character app. And let's see weightlifting, weightlifting, and then something that happened back in November, the goal that fast Eddie scored going up against the team in the mercedess Been Stadium. So I haven't seen anything recent recent from Edwin. Of course it might have been on the IG and I would have had to hunt for it. So I said, there have been, you know, times in the past where folks have been linked, and I haven't seen anything. In a conversation recently, Morning Sharif, we mentioned Rui and Ricky says that the record in Portugal is saying Borla Vista is in advanced discussions with Mario Rui and Dee Graham with my first see de Graham stealing my line. Has Bulavis to paid Reggie Cannon yet? That would be the question, has he paid him that they paid Reggie Cannon. I think that's in the court. I legitimately think that's in the courts. Morning Hutch, and we caught up with your conversations that were there Amelia remembering things in the past, Hutch, does Jared think Celtic have any chance against Bayern? Jared needs to talk in the twitch pitch. We forgot to ask him about that. Yeah, Ricky said League's Cup for Atlanta United would be only more intentional if we were playing Crusasu. There you go, not a shock. Yeah, New England and San Jose May the seventeenth first at Gillette and so May seventeen, must watch television, Must see TV, New England and San Jose. That is probably going to be the most attended match involving the New England Revolution in quite some time because everybody, the old school fans are going to want to see Bruce Arena and the new fans are going to sit there and want to beat Bruce Arena. So we'll see May seventeen. Circle your calendars, mark that down. That is when that is going to go down. Musty TV. There, Emilie says, for him kruse Ussel, the matchup would be more ugly, So uh yeah, like I said, I don't know what Kruseusul is up to right now. Let's check and see what's going on in the league game ATKIS and we can see where uh krus Asoul is currently in the Klaus Sura and we can check all of that. So standings here match day six of seventeen. Cruse Ussel currently fourth in the table three two and one after six eleven points scored ten and six matches, and UH Atlas right now four and two fifteenth out of eighteen. But you've got some heavy hitters that would not be making the Klauser playoff right now. But like I said, it's six matches at seventeen, you're still a third of the schedule. Through Santos is at the bottom of the table. They've lost all six Athletic San Luis, Cholos, Otlas, Puebla, Monterey, Carretro, Mazatlan, that is who would not make the playoffs right now. There's a lot of heavy hitters in there. But as we talked about, the patience level of owners inside lega Emekis is something that is almost Watford Esk. Literally it's it's like three months you're done, or in Italy you bring the same manager back after firing him three months ago. That kind of patience you see that in Lega Emeki's on the whole, but you see it in certain other places around the board. But yes, so right now, Crususcle fourth in the table and uh you have Otlas right now in fifteenth, Pumas is fifth. They're a part of the They're behind Crusasul in goals scored and in the Coxa three wins and three losses. They've only given up one goal. Man, that's strong. They've only given up one goal in nine in their first six matches. But right now because they've one three and lost three there in ninth. But right now obviously the story to pay attention to. August sixth, Mercedes Benz Leagues Cup two oh two five, last match of the group stage Atlanta and Atlas so intriguing as well. Uh? Sure for Leagues Cup? Do we know yet if the final is likely to beat a neutral venue or the highest remaining seed? Same question for knockouts? If we continue through, we likely to have home games? I think? Let me check the League's Cup rules? Sure if before we before I come up with an uninformed opinion. Let's see. League's Cup schedule is here twenty three hours ago. Good for Leagues Cup. Okay, about schedule? All right, so schedule. Let me see if they've played the schedule out or if they have any kind of explainer about the whole thing going all the way to August the seven and the opening round. They don't go anywhere past the opening round rundown. So news schedule releases here, Good for you, okay? And I feel like I should have some kind of dialing music in this kind of a thing. Uh, let's see. Schedule is out thanks to our friend John Arnold for the writing, and he talks about the big matchups, goes in through each of the divisions and just goes through. It looks like let me let me see the The overarching statement that was made when Leagues Cup was announced at the end of January, participating clubs format okay, so two rounds, Phase one and knockouts. All Phase one matches continue to play through the month of August. Most Leagues Cup knockout matches played midweek and then they ended up with the club rankings with regional tears Leagues Cup Organizing Committee and you go through tiers one points system La la la la la. Top four clubs in each league's Cup league specific table advanced to the quarters tables designed to ensure more interleague matchups into the knockout rounds. Four clubs from Mlscent League and Mechi's placed in a fixed bracket to compete in the single game elimination knockouts. Quarterfinal pairings based on league's Cup Phase one performance with an inverse order of ranking one verses four, two versus three, et cetera, et cetera. Et cetera. The bracket is there, so it looks like looking at the bracket based on League's Cup no draws technology is there as well, let's see new format based on ranking created all following a collaborative effort from the organizing committee. Considerations included rewarding regular season results in geographical regions, while addressing learnings from past editions of the tournament featuring more matchups and the PSA about Leagues Cup in and of itself. So it looks like it's going to be home venues for everything going in, but there is no notification about the League's Cup two two five championship. So wherever Lega MkIS one would be and Lega Mky's two they would have the home games. And my guess is that they would be here in the United States, and then same for MLS one and two they would have home games. And you continue to go forward. Like I said, I'm looking at the announcement in and of itself, and if I have missed anything, which would not be the first time, please tell me, because then I could sit there and go ah, and then I can look at it and go here we go. Here's the deal, and that's the that is your rundown of where things stand when it comes to League's Cup. Morning four card. Let's see yes, morning four card the Evander replacement. According to Ricky, Yeah, interesting because it doesn't seem like a traditional ten and that's and I think that I think that with Portland specifically, you bring in the player from from lend Laon and you blend them in. I think I think that this is more what we're going to be seeing is the the collective working in Portland, whereas in in uh Dallas it might be seeing what Dallas is going to look like with Luco, it might be Lucco and people creating around him. So I think Portland might be more borg like this year within the structure with what Neville wants, with the players like Jonathan Rodriguez and more and Mora and Moreno and uh Antony too to be added to what's going on. So I think that Portland might be thinking more in a collective sense. I think Cincinnati that's the one that's interesting to me because will Evander color within the lines or will LeVander want to color outside the lines? Or when will Pat Noonon allow him to do that when he wants to present his artwork to class and then Luco, I think, might be the centerpiece in Dallas. So let's take a peek at Dallas's roster really quickly, and we can see Eastern Western go down. And so we'll look at the Dallas roster then see what it looks like in and of itself, and so scoring capabilities and availabilities. Anderson Julio, Peter Musa and s Sally is a U twenty two. Let's see n delay is a supplemental seeking in the shoveling as a forward. Then you also can add at points when healthy Fonseka Tarik Scott as a homegrown Your internationals are Patrickson, Dogado, Peter Mussa and Is Sally and givonn Giovanni as a defender and Sali and Giovanni are you twenty twos And you bring in Lucco a Costa. Acostami seems like a centerpiece. So Acostami seems like a centerpiece of the attack to go with Musa in Dallas. So I think that's going to be that That is going to be the dynamic for me is seeing how Luco integrates with everybody who's there. Does Evander color inside the lines with what Pat Noonan wants in Cincinnati. And then these players that Portland is bringing in, are they going to just be a collective, a collective, a unit on the whole, and then they proceed forward in the West. So so like I said, I think that you have three different approaches here in there in these new locations, they all become finalized. Hutch says Portland. Yeah, made six million on the number ten swap. That's never bad. Business Morning, Madaflow, welcome back. Yes ten days, ten days we were talking about hot seats and everybody was talking about Mascherano and Vanni Sartini and yeah, so now I will be like I said, I will be intrigued with Messi and friends to see what happens morning, David. So we'll see what's uh's, what's going on in and around the planet. So we have not seen flags out Friday News yet, David. And if the hoff ever wanted to crash the show and let us know about these kinds of things, he could, But have not seen any flags out Friday News yet. And so Ricky says, twelve is what he's been reported. So Hutch letting us know about May seventeen being rivalries anyway. You've got Montreal Toronto in y seat, You've got Hudson River, You've got COPA, Canatians, Cincinnati, Colorado, Charlotte, Chicago, uh, the Bruce Arena Classic and Philadelphia and Atlanta. So League's Cup final is not listed at Allegiant Gold Cup final is in Vegas, and Emilia is like, yeah, I like it. That League Cup doesn't require the regular season to stop, because it had in the past and you had that gap where you were looking for you know, it's like, if your team is out of League's Cup, then what do you do if you were juggling if you were juggling MLS and you were juggling League's Cup, there was that gap time that no longer exists. It is more like what we see overseas with FA Cup, Gummy Bear Cup, dof people call those kinds of things where you might take a weekend here or there, but most of it's in the midweek. Champions League, those kinds of things. So Champions League, Europa League all in the midweek, and so you're seeing that with Leagues Cup. Now the league doesn't stop. They might rearrange your schedule if you're still going, might play a little later in some points. But Leagu's Cup now integrated fully into the LEGA into the MLS schedule. So uh Sincy Columbus, Sorry, thank you. Uh so okay, so hell is real. Thanks huch. So that's what you're staring at with all of these rivalries. But yeah, lee A League's Cup now integrated with the schedules of LEGA, MTIS and Major League Soccer. So you've got all of that to look into and to look forward to. All right, Uh, yesterday, there there was some there was some action. I don't I don't know if you if you knew this, but there was some activity that went on in the world of soccer, and yesterday, if you were a fan of activity of the US men's national team, you got a moment like this, courtesy of our friends at Paramount Plus and UEFA. A thunderbolt from just outside the eighteen and.
Speaker 4: Rob Millennials. A pol driver of a finish high into the Dutch there Ksva Einhoven struggle to clear their lines. Cat you, of all people, help to cause problems, good say from Benitez to Deny Cola Mawani And how about this, It's unstoppable from the American. It's a cracker of a goal from Weston McKenny that puts your Ventus ahead.
Speaker 1: So it was chaos yesterday. Let me turn it down in my ear so I don't blow myself out. So a thunderbolt from Weston McKinnie is a part of what happened yesterday in Champions League. And the other thing that happened yesterday in Champions League. The Jekyll and Hyde team showed back up. Manchester City had a lead, then they didn't, then they had a lead, then they really didn't. Up one nil, tied at one, up to one, lose three to two. So Manchester City down one in the aggregate, has to get it done on the road. Real Madrid, by the way, was a plus two fifty to do something at the City of Manchester Stadium, you know, in these big competitions like you'll see when the world comes to the States here at OSGHQ and SDHHQ, the stadium downtown where we go and watch professional soccer league play is going to be. I think it's just going to be City of Atlanta Stadium, something exceedingly generic because the sponsor that is on the building ain't got no ties, didn't pay the money. So I wonder, I really do. I wonder what the shots from the air gonna look like. You have to take down all of the artwork. Do you get the shop, do you get the chopper shot? Do you have to take it from a section that is not looking at logos that have been pounded into the sides of the buildings and pulling down all of the the wrapping and bunting that is attached to a particular sponsor. You have to sit there and you know, maybe they show like a pre construction thing of Mercedes Benz. It's like, okay, the Venus fly trap is open and you see like construction going on in and around. I can't wait to see how this is presented. But yesterday City of Manchester Stadium, Manchester City had a two one lead, lost it down two, three to two. They've got to try and get the wind back and the reverse side. Manchester City was a minus one ZHO two but you had key mistakes late three two win for Real Madrid. You've a you heard the Western machinee goal in the two to one win over PSV. You've a minus one fourteen there at home Dortmund and this was interesting. Dortmund went to Sporting. We talked to Nino about this. Tomorrow Dortmund put a thumpin on Sporting three nil, and so Sporting has got a lot of work to do on the road. In Germany they were favored of the plus one fifty six Dortmund a plus one eighty five to do to win on the road. PSG obviously no problems with Breast at a minus three thirty three, winning three Nils. So that sets up today and activity. Today you get the one at twelve forty five Club Bruges in Atalanta, Atalanta, a road favorite of the plus one thirty six. Club Bruges is a plus two twenty two. Then the three matches today that are at three o'clock. You have Celtic at a plus six fifty four in the composite courtesy of our friends of Odd's Portal, taking on Bayern Munich at minus two seventy. So I'm thinking that Byron takes care of business. That's just me. Then a fine Ord a big underdog at home to ac Milan at to minus one oh eight. Fineord is basically a plus two to eighty and Monaco at home favored against Benfica at a plus one thirty seven Benfica is a plus one ninety one, so we'll have plenty to talk about with Nino and Portugal and South America and England and all points in between tomorrow when he shows up for fully loaded at ten o'clock. Next round of the reverses is the nineteenth and twentieth, and so Manchester City a week from today will know their fate in the final sixteen. Do they make up that goal, do they go to extras and figure it out and see how it goes from there, or do they get bumped out right? So we'll see what happens with those matchups, So nineteen and twenty after eleven and twelve, so we'll see what happens in the reverse sides today in the in the Champions League. So that was one of the the big events that happened yesterday. Also, a Conca Calf went down yesterday to start things up and I'm trying to find my There we go in the Triple c the Conca Caff Hemispheric Extravaganza. You had the events yesterday in legs one, as they say, Chrusussel put five on real hope. By the way, at kick krus Asole was a minus thirty three thirty three a minus thirty three thirty three. So that was one where you just kind of sat there and went, you know, okay, I'll watch this one. And sure enough CRUs Ussel took care of business Real Hope by the way on the road. If you wanted to, if you had if you just had for issues and giggles, if you had a juice box that you wanted to put on Real Hope. Yesterday the Composite had it at plus thirty two forty seven, basically a plus thirty two fifty going two Crususul to get a result in ninety minute and Montaday took care of Forge three nil in mont today to minus fourteen twenty nine. And so uh, Forge went in at a plus twenty three sixty three in the Composite. So uh, long night for the road teams yesterday in the Conky CAF Champions Cup. So today two matches, one at eight, one at ten, and once again you've got a couple of rather large favorites and Lega MkIS who have the home side in this go round. Chivas is a minus sixteen sixty seven hosting Sibou north of plus twenty two to fifty and Ti Gras is going up against rail Estelle. Rail Astelle on the road of plus sixteen eighty eight and Tigres is a minus eight thirty three and this is the match. It's not the full fixture with reverse attached to it. So uh, rail astell Ee they get the they get the win, or they they were that close to getting the win, and they Tea Grace did not have Geniac, and so you're going to take on Tea Grace. Xeniac should be healthy and ready to play as his minutes are constantly being navigated, and it might get ugly again for the road teams, Sibou going to Chievas and a Stelli going to Tea Grace tomorrow. By the way, it all wraps up with Pumas hosting Cavalry. Pumas once again a big favorite of the minus six twenty five Cavalry a plus eleven eighty nine going forward. So that's your conky caf and once again we'll let everybody. We'll let everybody know where it is, and we'll let you know what the rumors are and everything. David, let's get some momentum to get a stadium name based on our prior city names, the Palace at Marthasville Terminus Tower. Ricky's like, yeah, Georgia Dome. Actually, you know that that might have actually play the Georgia Dome. Well, we're here at Mercedes Been We're here at the City of Atlanta Stadium. But yeah, I think in the presentation, if I remember correctly, when they were announcing the venues for twenty twenty six, they actually had come up with the names of the venues. So hang on just a second. Let me let me check FIFA twenty twenty six World Cup. All right, so let's see if the venues have been given their names attached to sponsors and things like this. So okay, so host countries and cities. Okay, so host countries and cities, we're clicking on it. So Atlanta, you click on it, you get a shiny you get a shiny introduction and visit Atlanta and they lay it all out out for you and with hashtags and everything. When did you knows and all that kind of stuff. So tickets, hospitality, fan festival, match schedule. Let's see if the match schedule has the locations. I don't want to fix your list explained, I just want the venue names Okay, so here we go. Yes, and they are city names, by the way, except for the Azteca, because I guess the Asteca, being historical as it is, it is the Estadio Azteca, the Estadio Guadalajara, Toronto Stadium, Los Angeles Stadium, Boston Stadium, BC Place. I guess that's acceptable because it's not sponsored tied New York New Jersey Stadium. So the Metal Lands is going to be New York New Jersey Stadium, San Francisco Bay Area Stadium, Philadelphia Stadium, Houston Stadium, Dallas Stadium, the Studio Monterday, Miami Stadium, Atlanta Stadium, Los Angeles Stadium, Seattle Stadium, so on and so forth. So there are a couple of places that have, you know, the the names that are outside of city name and stadium. There are a few BC place, the Studio as Teca for historical consequence and things like that. But right now everybody is city name, stadium. Wow. How exciting that is and how much of a challenge it's going to be for the production crews and the international broadcast feed to shoot stadia latins Latin Latin neutral plural, to shoot the stadia without colors and bunting and things like that. I am I want to know how there's I want to know how they're shot from on high. I want to know what the bunting looks like inside. I won't know what the plans are for some of these places, because you know from seeing Major League Soccer that and competitions that that bunting is all that sponsor bunting. It is all over the place. You're throwing curtains over everything, just throwing paint jobs over it all where you can kind of look through the paint you can see what the sponsor name is. How do you pull this off? I am intrigued. I want to see how. I want to see how this is done by all of the construction folks, and how it is framed by the international broadcast folks. I am intrigued. So I guess I thought that was I thought that was interesting, to say the very least. So we'll see, uh, we'll see what it looks like. Now. Yesterday came out that the US has named their squad for the UH for she believes some interesting names and some interesting tax and Emma Hayes had said that this is one of those opportunities. For players that haven't had the chance to get reps. So I thought it was I thought it was interesting to see what the choices were going to be in this particular case. And like I said, keep an eye out on the Soccer for US POD where they'll probably go into this more in depth. Is in addition to their top fifty players on the men's side. So she believes once again giving a lot of younger players a chance. You do have eleven players who weren't a part of the team that won the gold medal, ten playing in their first She believes Cat mccario back that's big coming after a long injury layoff, but had to withdraw because of knee irritation. Four uncapped players Claire Hutt and Giselle Thompson both nineteen, Tera McEwan, Michelle Cooper. They all have international experience playing at the U twenties. Hutton, Thompson, Cooper all attended January's Futures Camp. McEwen was at the concurrent senior camp. No Trinity Rodman injured, no Mouse Wanson personal commitments. Sophia Wilson formerly Sophia Smith. No Sophia Wilson, who, according to US Soccer quote is not physically ready for national team competition. No Rose Lavell, who had ankle surgery last month, and no Niami Geirma, who's recovering from a calf injury. So your roster goes like this, Jane Candall, Jene Campbell and Mandy McGlenn. Only two keepers. I thought that was interesting too. Eight defenders Davidson, Dunn, Fox, McEwan, Ny Swanger, Sam's sonnet Gaselle Thompson. Six in the midfield Corbyn Albert, Sam Coffee, Lindsay Heaps as she is now known, Claire Hutton and Jadenshaw, Lily Johannes. And I know that Bart will be happy to see Lilygohannas on that roster, hoping that she just gets reps and continues to grow internationally. Forward seven uh, Lynn by Endelo, Michelle Cooper, Kat maccario, Yasmine Ryan and mas Sears, Ali Sentner and Alyssa Thompson. So that's, uh, that's what you're looking at with that particular grouping for she believes and so what you you you said, Lynn by Endalo, it's Lynn Williams, Lindby, Lynn Williams has now uh now is Lynn by Endolo and has had everything changed on national team websites and such. But so that's what it looks like for the for the US in the She Believes breakdown. Oh let's see, Uh, where are we? We talked about UCL a couple of other things before we get into gossip Bermanuano. Just so you know, I know, we do spend a lot of time in lower divisions to let everybody know what's going on, because it's not just you know, Tier one stuff. The folks at us L League too, and we spent some time there because we have some friends of the network and we've seen them grow as franchises. They are now going to be spending their time in USL League two. The divisions came out and in the Southern Conference you have a very now crowded South Central Division Asheville City with our friend Scott Wells. They're going to be in the South Central with East Atlanta, Tennessee sc who's done tremendous work to get to the last game of the year, Southern Soccer Academy. Our friend Jack Collison is over there doth In United coming back for a second year athen United, coming back Legion playing in USL League two in Birmingham, Montgomery United, Apatheos and Columbus United. Hoping that they're I mean, if they're going to play eighteen games, they play eighteen games home and away. But that is a stacked South Central Division in the Southern Conference in USL League two. So looking forward to seeing USL League two when their schedule comes online, covering our friends in Asheville and Tennessee and SSA and Dothan and all points in between in the South Central in the South Central Division in the Southern Conference. Keeping an eye on that in USL League two as well. So very very cool stuff there with all of the storylines that we've had the chance to see and now coming finally to fruition in times like this. So all right, gossip Perumeran and you window what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it, and we will come back tomorrow once again, stacked, stacked upon stacked. Kevin Egan joining us at nine point fifteen. As Kevin does the Kevin does the rounds for everybody that wants to hang out with him, So we will make sure that we ask Kevin about anything and everything. Anything and everything. The revs have revealed the Eastern white Pine kit inspired by the flag of New England First Revolution a jersey to feature forest green. If you haven't seen the new Portland Hearts of Pine Jersey, We're all going to go poor, So teams are kind of trickling out their kits as they go here the Stone kit was revealed by Red Bulls this morning. And and like I said, you got you've got kits coming out all over the place. So still waiting to see what Atlanta United's kid officially looks like here in twenty twenty five. All right, gossip Peruman, innuendo, what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it before we get out of here, and the gossip for today once again, remember that say you got your four Champions League matches, you got Cocky Calf tonight, You've got Creek Cup on our Mixler side at soccer down here dot mixler dot com. You can listen on the on there tonight and then SDH one and SDH two over at Mixler. Download to mixloer app by the way, if you haven't already, and set your notifications and follow your favorites. SDH one and two will be very very busy Friday and Saturday as we go gossip here from overseas. Arsenal Chelsea Liverpool interested in Born With's a nineteen year old Spain defender Dean Houston, who has a fifty five million pound release clause. Liverpool interested in signing France born England You twenty one winger Muhammad Ali Choe, who is right now at Nice. Chelsea preparing a seventy million year old summer bid for Athletico Madrids twenty one year old defender Pablo Barrios Barcelona. Barcelona is interested in signing people. According to Sport in Spain, Barcelona interested in Victor Jokoresh, but they're also monitoring Alexander Esak, Alexander Esak and Victor Jokoresh. I'd love to know how Barcelona would pay for that. Byron Minnick relaxed according to Football Insider about the prospect of Harry Kaneer of returning to the Premier League. Al Nasser courtesy of our friends at GMS Gimme Sport has said that they're very came very close to reaching an agreement for Darwin Unias from Liverpool in January, before Liverpool rejected a deal they would prefer to sell Nunia's over Jyego Joe to this summer. Also, Villa and Arsenal have expressed an interest in signing Olympiacos's seventeen year old ford Sharylampos Costulas and eighteen year old midfielder Cristo's Muti that's from the Birmingham World. Real Madrid joined to Arsenal in the race to sign rare Al Sociodod's midfielder Martin Zuba Mendi. Crystal Palace Rangers Norwich interested in Birmingham's eighteen year old English winger at Zaide Biteca. Really good story at the Athletic about Birmingham City. If you have a subscription there then you can get him. Usually pretty fairly inexpensively. They'll give you the subscription for like thirteen or fourteen bucks. Then when they tell you that they're automatically going to charge your card the following year and you bail out, they come back at you, well how about this, and it's a lot less traditionally, so word of the wise, when it comes to your subscription to the Athletic, keep an eye on your deadlines and your credit cards. Arsenal's Kai Howard suffered a worrying injury scare on the club's training trip to Dubai that they're monitoring it and they're trying to figure out if he's going to be out for the rest of the year. So keep an eye on Arsenal and Kai Hobart. Pepguardiello still wants to sign Florian Verts from bayer Levercusan surgeon Ratcliffe planning to more jobs to help free up cash for new signings. Reports where that it was going to be another one hundred that we're going to be let go at Manchester United. Villa and PSG did not include a by option to the loan deal for Marco Asensio. Both clubs open to a potential permanent move. Eric Tenhagg could be in line for a managerial return with Faian ord Roma want to do a permanent deal with ac Milan for Belgium midfielder Alexis Slimakers, but a swap deal involving Tammy Abraham not on the table. That's from Cauchio Marcato. Manchester United players believe it change in the style of play to the one that is employed by Ruben Amri. Maybe the best way forward for letter Paper take the information at your own peril. Champions League games, including the final, could be held in the United States from the year twenty thirty three onwards if you look to enter a new global commercial rights deal. This comes from mcgil delaney American Agency, and this is dealing with Relevant relevan at the forefront of trying to bring major games to the US. If they complete, the deal would mark the end of yuefa's three decade plus association with Team Marketing, originally responsible for all the prominent Champions League branding, star ball, theme, et cetera. More seriously, according to Delane, it could put up to one hundred and seventy jobs from the company at risk. Understood to have been a state of shock at Team, as well as some anger about the process. Statement to be released on Tuesday read the Board of UC three has agreed to enter into an exclusive period of negotiation with Relevant over the global commercial rights to men's UEFA club competitions for the period twenty seven to thirty three, controlled by billionaire Stephen Ross, who's wanted to have meaningful European club matches in the US. ICC is widely seasoned to have been the setup for doing this, possibly with UEFA and having of UEFA events in the United States, and ALFIFA only said last April it would consider changes to its policy that blocks league matches from being played in other countries after an agreement with Relevant to dismiss the promoter's lawsuit challenging that very regulation. Jeffrey Kessler, the relevance lawyer, father letter in Manhattan stating FIFA and his client agreed to the dismissal of the suit. Remember they were the ones that wanted to bring Barcelona and Girona to play in Miami. Now Relevant are this close to striking a deal with YUEFHA, so you could have Champions League games in the US by thirty three. So that's from Miguel Delaney this morning. Keep an eye on possibly the Champions League being a part of things in the United States like eight years from now. Also on the board this morning, couple of things it looks like, and this is early reporting that if the group that is engaged in possibly picking up Spurs ownership might be keeping Daniel Levy, Telegraph and others have various elements of the story involving Spurs. There is a protest now planned for the man United Match organized a pregame March, followed by a sit in after Sunday's fixture to voice their disapproval of Daniel Levy. This comes from Matt loth To Telegraph, so that you know that they've been changing Daniel Levy's name in recent weeks, protests inside and outside, and now fans are being urged by a protest group to gather in the South Stand after the United game for a staged protest Big Stadium, our club, our voice, Change for Tottenham. There's a poster that is with instructions supporters encouraged to meet on the South Stand ahead of kickoff. Protesters have been encouraged at Changed for Spurs. By the way, the two hundred and eighty character app has all of this protest poster is out there plus a video. And so right now Sergem Ratcliffe looks like he's going to cut another hundred jobs at Manchester United. There's going to be a protest Sunday Sunday. Sunday Sunday, there's going to be a protest of fans after the match, with some elements before the match. So keep an eye on all of those activities involving Spurs. And I'm trying to find the I'm trying to find the article that I saw about the Katari influence and I'm trying to figure out where it was before we get into Atlanta, United and everything that is going on there. Just okay, So the Guardian is now upgrading it to two hundred more staff redundancies. So could be one hundred, could be two hundred. You have varying reports. So Matt Hughes Guardian, here's what he says. Daniel Levy may continue to run Spurs and a potential Katari takeover plan. Guardians learned that a group of Katari investors are willing to give Levy a long term contract to continue running Spurs' executive chair, retaining Levy obviously, you know some fans. Most fans ain't happy about something like that. Investors are key to retain keen to retaining his expertise. They want control of Spurs, but the takeover could take the form of a phased buyout. One model being considered by the investors. Levy would be offered a management contract to run the club, which would remain in place even if E and I C becomes a minority shareholder. Right now, they own about eighty seven percent of the club. Ian I C bought thirty percent of the club from Alan Sugar back in two thousand and one. Financial position transformed one of the richest clubs in Europe annual income of more than half a million half of billion pounds. Spurs have been open about the fact they're seeking outside investment, Levy saying last year the club needed a significant increase in its equity base. No one has met the three point seventy five billion pound valuation, but now it appears there are Katari investors whose identity is not clear, private individuals rather than the government back QSI or Shike Jasim who tried to buy Manchester United two years ago. So it is private individuals in Qatar kicking the tires on Spurs and should they kick the tires on Spurs possibility that Daniel Levy would stay. Paul McInnis over at The Guardian also saying this morning about the Premier League. The Premier League seeks power to access club's premisses during investigations. The ability to enter buildings would relate to financial rules and it could be used if clubs have not complied with increase. Proposals are included in the latest draft of the squad cost Ratio mechanism, which is expected to replace PSR that limits spending. Guardian understands the league has asked for the ability to enter buildings in the event that a club is found not to have complied with the inquiry. It has initiated commonly only used by law enforcement agencies to seize documents related to an investigation. So you have that involving what's going on with the Premier League and their investigations. So Ricky has mentioned in here that it appears so the livestream has been canceled for today's match with Atlanda United FC Cincinnati, So it's at another field, so keep an eye on their two hundred and eighty character app and Instagram accounts for limited match coverage. So it was moved from the main stadium setup at IMG to another place, and I guess it wasn't camera ready, so public service announcement location moved for Atlanta and s C Cincinnati, and so the live stream is not happening. So that's where we are with Atlanta United and we are going to try and keep an eye on all of that stuff today. Absolute drag, no doubt, Derek. It is a drag, okay, what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it, and you guys can get out of here and we'll all get get out of here because we've got stuff to do. Remember U seventeens are going at it tonight as well, playing Saint Kitts and Nevis and we'll see what the lines look like tonight for the U seventeens. But remember Creek Cup SDH Network six and eight soccer down here dot mixore dot com. It's me, we'll be there for that couple of Bertadores on Ben at seven thirty Ali ons A Lima, Nacionalsoncion. If you did not hear Harold Henderson's preview and go back on the network can take a listen to it. So all the bns Newestro Tellis CEO for the fans, Lega one Max, Lega one Max pro Tasa, all of those. You can get that at Finates FNTZ dot Co. Slash Soccer down here and you get all of the the Siico stuff that you could ever want. All the bens being an Espanol simul casting everything, so there's there's all of that. So being has a couple of libertadors at seven thirty. FS two has the Grenada Dominican Republic U seventeen match at four, concor Cap Champions Cup eight and ten being Sports at Lbert being sports An Espanol simul casting Lbert Dors two to NA has Champions League Club Bruce in Atalanta, Fine, Ordon Milan and the Triple C at eight and ten. Uni Mas Simulcasting two to NA Bruce and Atalanta, Fine Ordon Milan, USA has Everton and Liverpool two thirty. It's a makeup game, so that's happening at two thirty this afternoon. That's also on Universo and nbcsports dot Com. Fox Soccer Plus has the other U seventeen matches Virgin Islands, Cuba, US Saint Kitts and Nevis at five and eight, so it's Fox Soccer Plus or probably Conca calf and you can go through their website and probably watch it that way. Paramount Plus English Championship match at two forty five Burnley in Hall, Sheffield United Middlesbrough. You can see the Latte Loft Middlesbrook Club at three go up against Sheffield United, West brom and Blackburn at three as well, and the four Champions League matches vis has your four Champions League matches and the two concor CAF Champions Cup matches, so that's where we are. So keep an eye on the two hundred and eighty character app and keep an eye on what is going on with the Instagram, the ig or the Graham as the kids call it these days. Where it comes to Atlanta United and how they are going against f C Cincinnati and the last match of the of their preseason, So we're really looking forward to seeing how things go there and seeing what it looks like with the them as they get this much closer, they get this much closer to coming home and being against the FC Dallas at the Children's health Care of Atlanta training ground coming up this weekend, and seeing what it looks like as we get closer and closer and closer to the season when it comes to landa Unit. So we'll get into all of that tomorrow with the limited information that we'll have Kevin Egan, Nino Torres Nico Moreno full Thursday. Everything comes fully loaded, So as always, thanks for dropping byes you always do, and we'll be back at it again in less than twenty two hours. Stay safe, stay dry, stay warm, and since it is the end of the show that means I get to do this muchI PLOTY ill play it safe.