Speaker 1: We were talking about Jenny walking in on her dad watching porn.
Speaker 2: And set up of that.
Speaker 1: We're actually going to tell this story on the radio tomorrow. What's the story again.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just I was much younger, and it was when my parents were still married. We had been running Errand's with my mom. I walked in the house and my dad had porn on the TV. And I was like, ah, Dad, what are you watching? I was probably like eight or something, and you know, he ran to stop it right away and didn't acknowledge it, didn't explain himself. And afterwards, my sister and I were riding our bikes to the library and I was like, I just, Rachel, I don't I don't really get why dad was watching that. And my sister, who is only like a year and a half older than me, but she was like, you know, any like sometimes people watch things like that, and she had to like kind of do a sisterly like wise moment with me.
Speaker 1: That was very wise for a ten year old. Really, I don't have a story quite like that, but my daughter Beth and I were opening my computer, my laptop to play roller Coaster Tycoon, and uh, there was a disc inside the CD part and I ejected it. And it was a porn DVD and it had a picture on the front of the DVD printed on there and was called slop shots. And it was a bunch of girls with seamen all over their faces, and and Beth goes ooh, not good, not good, slop shots. It was good. It was a good DVD, though it was sloppy.
Speaker 3: During her going oh not good. It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: She was by the way, she was twenty. It wasn't like she was eight years old, thank god. But that that was it made a little bit awkward for a roller coaster tycoon. And I've never forgotten that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't forget those moments, at least like being on both sides of things.
Speaker 3: I definitely won't forget that moment.
Speaker 1: Were calling the podcast slop shots.
Speaker 3: I am calling it slap shots.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I love so you just like open the window to inside of what you like to watch.
Speaker 1: It was a present from your mom. Your mom got it, your mom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here I got you this.
Speaker 4: STEVD called Slopshots pigs Peah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so no, this is really interesting and very topical. You've heard about Peanut the squirrel and what we're hearing. I'm going to summarize this. I heard about it yesterday. Peanut the squirrel was an internet sensation who was on TikTok and Instagram. And this little couple owned Peanut, and he was a squirrel that was a rescue from the wild and they nursed him back to health and then he did tricks and he was tame, and then blah blah blah. And then somehow somebody said, oh, there's a squirrel, and the Department of Game or wildlife or whatever came to their house to confiscate the squirrel because you can't you couldn't have it, and then in the process, the squirrel bit the person who worked for the government. Then they had to kill the squirrel to do a rabies test, because the rabies test is done by testing brain tissue. And the same thing with the raccoon. They had a raccoon named Fred. So the entire country was up in arms talking about how awful it was. The government intervened. Here's the other side of the story, and this is really interesting to me. They say, don't read my name, and you don't have to read this. It's very long, but they know what they're talking about they are in a vet tech group. The entire Peanut the squirrel and Fred the raccoon issue is truly unfortunate. I'd like you to know, Jenny, you cannot test for rabies without euthanizing. Unfortunately. Yeah, I learned that everyone. I understand that the owners are extremely upset. Was the reaction extreme depends on your point of view. Peanut did bite someone, it was a dog or a cat. The cdz C takes animal bite seriously as a vet tech depending on circumstances. For domestic animals, it ends sometimes in euthanasia and rabies testing. So if you get bit by a depending on the circumstances, they would have to euthanize the dog to make sure the dog doesn't have rabies because somebody could die. So imagine a wild animal biting someone. Even though Peanut was an inside animal is still technically a wild animal by definition of the owners. Here's the interesting part. Were not licensed and did not have permits to legally own Peanut or Fred in the state of New York. So the owners saying I don't know why they took our animals away from us is false. When you move from state to state, you need to have the proper paperwork before you move, not wait until you get there to file. For example, if you move to Hawaii, there is no rabies there. Did you guys know that no rabies in Hawaii? So if you move there with a pet, there's a three to six month process for rabies to test your pets before you move to Hawaii. You cannot just put your pets in an airplane and move there, and people have tried to do it, but it doesn't work. As these two animals are very special cases, be hard to introduce to the wild, and probably hired to find a specific rescue rehab service to take for an intermediate indetermined amount of time. Do you do I agree these poor animals should have been euthanized. No? Do I feel their owners fail them? Yes? Thank you very much for explaining that, because it's like the media tries to find a story angle to make it really salacious and make the owner's victims, and it's like, no, the owners were basically they failed the pets.
Speaker 2: I do feel like I assume something was wrong. They don't just go youthanize an animal out of nowhere, Like I understand that the person got a bit but I do under I assume there was something of the story we did not know, but I still feel bad for the owners because no matter what that was, like your pet, that's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're your pet.
Speaker 4: I wonder why so instead of like euthanizing the pet to see if it has rabies, can't they just give you a raby shot like Perian.
Speaker 2: I think once you get bit though by the animal, there's like some certain laws. I thought, honestly, if a dog bit someone pretty badly, that the dog had to be put down, like not because of raby's, just because it because they were like a dog aggressive.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes yeah, I don't know enough about that to say, uh. This one's from Brittany. She says Happy Monday. Last week, somebody wrote in about how they found themselves using a davism like you better better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Well, the same thing has happened to me. My husband and I are notorious for not catching on to each other's attempts at joke. Sometimes I found myself saying that's a joke after I say something I think is funny. So if I say something like you know, blah, blah blah blah blah, and you two stare at me. I go, that's a joke.
Speaker 4: And the thing is, we know it's a joke, and we just don't think you're funny.
Speaker 1: That's a joke. Sometimes I'm going to murder you. Clarification, that's a joke.
Speaker 3: Oh you going, good bit, good bit.
Speaker 4: I've said good bit because of this show for the last seven years.
Speaker 1: Little fun fans act. Our boss used to say, nobody knows what a bit is. Stop saying good bit, good bit. We love that bit. Another bit I said, no, people have learned.
Speaker 3: What a bit is is.
Speaker 1: I mean he was right in a way that you know, before we familiarize people with the word bit, do you know what a bit is?
Speaker 3: I mean I think it's common knowledge. It's a comedy bit. Yeah. Like, oh that's good. That's a good comedy. That's a good bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hilarious for the comedy.
Speaker 1: Like when I say there's no politics on the show, and coming up we're giving away free maga hats. That's a good bit.
Speaker 3: That's a joke that.
Speaker 1: We don't do politics on this show. Coming up next, Donald Trump Junior will tell you who you should vote for that's a bit God damn it, god son of a that's a joke.
Speaker 4: Do you want to good morning on Happy Monday spot though?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know?
Speaker 3: All right, what do you got do?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Happy Monday from Allison? She says, just finished listening to Friday's episode where we were talking about wishing Facebook friends a happy birthday. About two years ago I stopped doing that, and finally this year, I removed my birthday from my profile so people would not get notified it's my birthday. Guess what. I got three happy birthdays on Facebook from close friends and family. But it made me realize that a text message or call or card from a select few people that don't need Facebook Facebook to remind them about my birthday is more meaningful because I got a realization hit me last week. It was a friend of my childhood friend's birthday and no, I know what it was. My birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and I got one hundred or so AI generated happy birthday Dave party, hat, party, hat balloon, balloon. Yeah, and I said those are so insincere, they don't mean anything to me. But so it was Mam Miranda's birthday on Saturday, and so I texted Mam Miranda and I said, happy birthday, Mam Miranda, Hope you had a great day, so she would know that it was like a personal thing thing. Yeah, and then she said something.
Speaker 4: About that she literally like I sat down for lunch with her and she's like, yeah, Dave texted me for my birthday, Like, oh, congratulations. It was a big deal in the house, huge deal.
Speaker 3: Huge deal.
Speaker 1: Alison goes on to say, also, I know you guys don't talk about politics, but what are your plans for election night? I feel like I'm either going to be glued to my phone and the TV or sitting in a dark room in silence. I will absolutely be glued to the TV and the phone. I find election coverage really fascinating because it's kind of like watching a ballgame, but there's so much at stake and like a little bit like you know the score of the first quarter, like oh, Texas won, you know they won Texas, or oh, it looks like Florida. We are officially going to say what's the word they use, proclaim project, We're officially project project this person winner of North Carolina. Whatever, what are you going to do?
Speaker 3: I have plans to go and see musical improv.
Speaker 4: The show it is called Holidating, and they just cover different holidays like once a month, and it's a musical improv show. And they're doing musical improv based.
Speaker 3: On election Night.
Speaker 4: So the last one I saw was based on Halloween, and now it's about based on Election Night, and then I think after that they're going to keep the doors open so you can sit around and watch results if you want to. But I'm gonna go see musical improv, so I don't think about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I'll definitely have the TV on, like if I'm in a room with a TV. But I'll be honest, we took the TV out of our sun room and that's where I sit almost all the time, so I don't really watch TV almost like ever unless I really seek it out. But I'll probably just go downstairs and try to have that on.
Speaker 3: Do whatever.
Speaker 2: I'd do that evening.
Speaker 1: You know you want to, I can borrow you a DVD. I got one called slop Shots.
Speaker 2: Also borrow me a DVD player because I wouldn't have any way to watch it, but I would be interested. Would you give it on a rotten tomato scale. How would you rate it from the audience meter?
Speaker 1: I would say probably, I'd say about a nine. It was nine, it was sloppy.
Speaker 2: It's out of one hundred.
Speaker 1: It was okay. Then I'd say in ninety because it was sloppy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me if you could just clean.
Speaker 3: Off the case.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're discusting, and then I would gladly borrow it.
Speaker 1: You're disgusting. Here comes an email from Marianne. Marianne is a delightful supporter of.
Speaker 3: The show We Love Marianne.
Speaker 1: Marianne.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: We met Marianne at the State Fair when she did a Drake impression about a year or so ago, and then she came to the Coat Drive. She gave me the recipe for peppers stuff peppers. She says, Hey, hey, hey, besties, it was so great to see Dave and Jenny the coat drive. Okay, Bailey, did you ever go on your Mega walk this year? I know you said usually go, but I didn't hear if it happened. I walk every day too. Maybe you were too busy trying to get old get your old boy out of your apartment.
Speaker 4: When he Yeah, I haven't gone on it, but I'm going on Friday. I'm gonna try my hardest to go on Friday. I really really want to go and because so the reason I haven't gone on it yet is because I truly do not have a lot of vacation days, so I want to like hold on to them while I can. But after the show on Friday, we're done at like ten, I'm gonna leave right away, and they'll probably instead of going like twenty miles like I usually do, I'll probably do like fourteen fifteen. And I'm planning on walking to Excelsior Brewing Company, which I walked past that on my first walk I ever did, because I walked all the way to Victoria, Minnesota my first year. But yes, I'm going on Friday, and it's twenty miles. I'm gonna go like fourteen fifteen because twenty because now that like daylight Savings time, it's going to be so dark and I have stuff to do in the evening, So like my sister's probably gonna come and get me, and I'm going to walk to Excelsior Brewing Company on Friday fun and raise money for small theater that.
Speaker 1: Is right along the trail that you're really I've ran that trail all the way from Hopkins all the way out to Victoria, and I used to train on that trail for my marathon. So it is a beautiful, flat trail.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 1: It really is nice, So it's cool.
Speaker 4: My first year, I wish it had more benches. It had like one bench every like four miles and I was dying. But I also had really crappy shoes. At the time I got you, I got good shoes.
Speaker 1: Now shoes are so important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a good walker.
Speaker 1: That is true, You're a good walker. Good God. Jenny. That twat that says she's not Jenny pretty was so gross. There was a woman last week that said, no, I'm not Jenny pretty. I'm really pretty. She needs work on her personality smuckers, And I think you're so pretty. That's the dog.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: So now we have Jenny pretty and Netflix good. So I coined Netflix good last week. Yes, when I watched a movie called Don't Move, and I said, was it good? It was Netflix good?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. Also, how do I find out on the pet sitter platform you're on? And we don't really talk about this anymore because you really don't want to publicize your pet sitting business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just we have a lot of regulars that we watch all the time now, honestly because we've been doing it for a while. But yeah, I just don't take any new dogs at the moment. If that changes, Marianne, I will totally let you know, because Smuckers, right, that's the dog. I would like love to help you out with Smuckers, but we just we're pretty busy with the dogs that we have, Okay.
Speaker 1: Dave, you and I watch a lot of the same shit. I binged alone for the last few winters. I'm always amazed at the stuff these people make. Yes, like musical instruments, chairs, board games. I love history, World War two and documentaries. Did you ever finish the book The Painted Bird? You talked about it on the air and said not to read it because it's so dark. I listened to it on audible and made it about one third of the way. That shit was so fucked up it was, But I don't remember, honestly, I don't remember very but I think it was about concentration camps in World War Two. I think that's sad, But I don't remember off the top of my head. One more thing. Did you try that egg cooker I got you for your birthday? Yes, we did, and we love it. And the other day it was going off on like Friday afternoon or something like that, or maybe Saturday morning's likely, and I'm like, what the fuck is that? I thought it was a phone, but I accounted for all the phones. It was the egg cooker.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's like it does hard boiled eggs. I got it for him, and so he was talking about having it in the studio. I would have been okay with it if you were gonna.
Speaker 3: Let us have some of the eggs. Yeah, if you want to just like cook in, I eat eggs.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to bring in eggs and boil eggs for you guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well what am I taking on? Protein? Baby eggs?
Speaker 1: Fun fact? I learned it Snap Fitness because when you're on the equipment at Snap, there's the TV over here showing like Doctor Phil. There's the TV here showing the Twins game. Then there's a TV here with like nutritional fun facts. Did you know the most amount of protein that our body can absorb in one meal is thirty grams of protein?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: So that means if you eat more than thirty grams of protein in one meal, your body cannot absorb that protein and it just goes. You know, it's waste. And for reference, a hard boiled egga has about twenty grams of protein.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's interesting because I see all these wonderful fitness people being like, you need to have fifty grams of.
Speaker 1: Protein per meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want that's so much.
Speaker 1: Now if I got that wrong, let me know, because now as I say that, I wonder if maybe two eggs has has nineteen grand I don't know, but yeah, you can't just eat protein protein protein because your body will be like, nope, got no room for it.
Speaker 2: So where macros come in?
Speaker 3: But I know you, I.
Speaker 1: Hate that word macros because I don't know what it means.
Speaker 2: So it sounds so much more complicated than what it is. It's just the breakdown of how much you consume and carbs, fat, protein. You can add other things in, but those are kind of like the three main ones people track. But it's just tracking your carbs, your fat, in your protein, and it is important to have a mixture of all of it. You probably want to have less fat because that's not as healthy and more protein. But depending on where you are in like a workout journey, that will determine how much carbs you can have, because I am supposed to be doing like one hundred and eighty grams of carbs or something, and I don't get that much. And we also were taught growing up. I don't know if you were, Bailey, but like carbs were bad yeah growing up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, true, It's just like not true.
Speaker 2: So anyways, I'm not a nutritionist, so please don't listen to everything I say. That's just like what I've learned through people who actually know stuff, and.
Speaker 1: That my friends will wrap it up for the Minnesota Goodbye, if you first of all, tell a friend about the Minnesota Goodbye, because that's one of the ways that we get more people to listen and is word of mouth. So if you know, do you listen to Minnesota Goodbye? Check it out and then send an email to Ryan Show at katiewb dot com because we would love to get you on the Minnesota Goodbye with your email, and if we read your email, we'll send you a staff writer sticker. Ryan Show at KATIWB dot com