Speaker 1: Here's commented Who Go Podcast episode four ninety five. I'm brand new Who's running? Day? Is the final final Fantasy episode? Now?
Speaker 2: Are the final final final.
Speaker 1: That's what I said? Did I say it three times?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Good? Is it the final final final Fantasy?
Speaker 1: No okay episode though, we'll explain it later. Hey Ryan, We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure. How you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh good? What is going down?
Speaker 1: The whole ton is going down. It's a very very exciting day here in the nation, as it is Final Fantasy pre released day, which is to say, it's been released and you can go and buy it at the store if you have some extra excitement. We have some cards to talk about, some stories to tell, some people to thank all that good stuff. But before we get to any of that stuff, you have to say an official thank you for official business daddies. Fusion Gaming Online dot Com are your source for all your gaming needs, where you can use extra special promo code CCO Nation to save five percent off all your full art, foiled clouds and all your Google cards.
Speaker 2: You could bust your nut on a Buster sword and save five percent with Nation.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, this is already a really expensive set so pay less for it.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, hey that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Hey yeah, it's it makes me sad, it does. And we're not gonna harp on the price. No, No, we're gonna talk about some cards that are cool. But my goodness, like talking to the guys oft EDHM last night, everybody's talking about like, yeah, I want this, I want that. I'm hoping to get this. I pre ordered this five color mono at Intel. Aarin wanted the final Fantasy fourteen Collectors Edition, Commander Deck had to order it from Finland. Whoa And it just really hit me when he said I had to order it from Finland. No, this shit is sold out everywhere on the Earth and it costs so much money. What's Spider Man gonna be like in August? What a money grubbing bastard company like Disney is involved?
Speaker 2: How much is that gonna cost? Holy crap the answer? Yes what you said, m Yeah, So here's the thing. It costs lots. And really, just like everything is getting more expensive, right and people are still paying for it, So obviously it's worth that Magic is just more expensive than it used to be. If you want to save money, if you want to spend less of your own Usion Gaming Online dot com CCO Nation promo code. You're gonna keep some of your money in your wallet or you're just gonna get more stuff.
Speaker 1: And if you're local, you know what you can do with it.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: You can go down to Pilot Bones Brewing Co. And pick up some delicious beers like the ones in front of us or the ones in the fridge over there.
Speaker 2: You'd see him if you're watching on YouTube what just should be.
Speaker 1: And these guys are extra special because they're official ever sponsors for c CEO side what Lam season three in the works right now for YouTube.
Speaker 2: I missed the graphic pop when you said it. Usually usually I'm on the right screen, but I missed it that time, which is totally fine. Yeah, So final fantasy Today, we've got Uncle Brando's shopping list. I want to say a quick thank you to the patrons of Patreon dot com slash CCO podcast last week's shirt debacle.
Speaker 1: Yes fixed good.
Speaker 2: I got the shirts back excellent and they're ready to go excellent.
Speaker 1: I've got you have a great big tent, one that's like a blanket with a head hole.
Speaker 2: In it for me, a headhole. Yeah, I got them to make a blanket, and then I just caught a head hole in it. You're gonna need it in Las Vegas. Trust me, it's gonna be cold. I hear oh in June?
Speaker 1: Is that real?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Next thing is, I've got a shopping cart loaded on my computer that died. I don't have the CEO computer today. We've got Producer Gary's computer, but I've got the booster pack prize set. I'm going to order some some stuff from Fusion. I know that they got some some something something that's a couple of years old. This one a couple of years old, that one, and even sealed product Nation promo code. I'm gonna get a discount on that stuff. I'm gonna give it all the way to the Nation in Las Vegas, along with all the other CEO merch that you can get like on our website dot com, dot com dot com. Yeah, what else do we gotta say? We we thank the patrons, We thank Producer Gary and the dufferin Avenue Media Network, Studio Network.
Speaker 1: Yes, Studio Network Network Studio, Yes, twitch stream.
Speaker 2: And twitch stream. Yeah you're you're streaming some final fantasy after this? You freaking Nerder.
Speaker 1: Every Friday, and you can catch the back episodes on the YouTube channel for a different Avenue Media network. There you go check it out if you want to follow along with Gary's very first play through one of the greatest video games of all time. A lot of fun.
Speaker 2: What a freaking nerd. I know, I'm very reasonably sure that links to dufferent Avenue Media Network are in the description wherever you find Commander Cookout, but I know on commander cookout dot com there is a page there as well, or at least a link to dufferent ave and it takes you to their website of their YouTube channel as well. So gaming and nerds galore. Lots of guys are long hair and beards.
Speaker 1: Whatever I do, I do?
Speaker 2: That's a weird right, Well you have long hair?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but do I have a beard?
Speaker 2: Oh, uncle Brendon, We'll call it a beard, just to make you feel good. Like as if I'm the guy that's making fun of somebody with a beard.
Speaker 1: You can't tell, but his facial hair is actually three feet long.
Speaker 2: It's just it's see three yeah, Like if I took my shirt off, you'd see the fence behind me. That's not fair. To me either I'm a day walker, I can get tanned. I got I got orange hair, but I can get tanned. It's true, it's true. Hey, you never freaking seen it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what. I've never seen it. I've known you for decades. I've never seen it. Oh that's it, so we'll see. All right, let's get to the freaking cards.
Speaker 2: Freaking okay, we are going to turn on the card graphic. It's Uncle Brando's shopping list, Uncle Brando's dropping list in boreos, It's sale, sale, sale, get on down and whacky waving in flavorable. Two men like that.
Speaker 1: It was hard to make that.
Speaker 2: You'd see it if you're watching on you, which.
Speaker 1: You should be, because like when you try to do a whole word without taking your finger off the mouse, and if you screw up, you have to start from the beginning.
Speaker 2: Is that what that is?
Speaker 1: That's all one pass?
Speaker 2: You know, if you ever want me to make you a graphic in a in an actual design tool, we have that. The future is now.
Speaker 1: No I like this. I have fun doing this.
Speaker 2: I that doesn't sound like fun. That sounds stressful.
Speaker 1: Look at that. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, for what's your first card.
Speaker 1: Go go man, I've been talking about building a new clones deck. This is the one. What do you got, okad?
Speaker 2: I just I'm envisioning go go dancers from the sixties, yes, like in a nightclub, in a cage, yes, in a bikini, yes, But instead I'm envisioning Uncle Brando. Not that you've never danced in a bikini before. No, no king shaming in the nation.
Speaker 1: That's right, Go go.
Speaker 2: The dancer is a cloner. He's a two four wizard for blue two, which is pretty good. He got x X tap copy, target, activated or triggered ability. You control x times. You may choose new targets for the copies, and you can't copy this ability and x campy zero.
Speaker 1: Checks out like it makes sense why you couldn't do that, So you would probably just go infinite with itself somehow, right if you get untap it and tap it right.
Speaker 2: Sure, this is your clone guy, yeah? In mono blue yeah, And I know blue is the clone color. But you can also do clone stuff and blink stuff to blink your clones in white, yeah, or you might want to clone things that are bigger than clones in green.
Speaker 1: You know what I am not afraid of run.
Speaker 2: And this guy doesn't clone things, he clones abilities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, I can clone everything. I want to clone everything.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're gonna play clones. But if somebody does a thing, you want to clone the thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't clone their thing. It only clone my own thing. But I assume this is gonna come in handy.
Speaker 2: Activated or triggered ability you could. I want to put this in my Calimax deck. I am scared that because you know that that got no infinites in it. Calimax is like easy to go infinite with, and I purposely take cards out that go infinite. I'm scared that this guy's gonna gonna go infinite copying something x times.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he goes infinite as much as the calum he just does more of what Klamax does for a significant mann of investment as well. Like this isn't a bombastically amazing card. I just think it's really unique. It's a character that I like, Yes, and I'm gonna make it go at it. I think it's pretty cool. I want to copy like a extra draw or a manna ability. Maybe you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say I want to copy an extra turn?
Speaker 1: Well, what extra turn is an activator or triggered ability?
Speaker 2: Ooh, mugo see the water veil?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Do you have to skip a turn for that?
Speaker 1: Were you there at the time I tried to pull that off in draft?
Speaker 2: Did we just become best friends?
Speaker 1: It didn't even work in fucking draft?
Speaker 2: You know how you make it work? You you go and this is how you make lots of things work.
Speaker 1: By the way, give up forever.
Speaker 2: No, you cast time stretch and then you mugosi skip a turn. You still take a turn. Then you take extra turn with your Magosi, and you could have just tooken your extra turn with timestretch. But Magosi is an activated ability. So if you got infinite manner, you can take infinite terms with this guy.
Speaker 1: Shit, hell, yeah, broken, are you gonna do it now? I'm gonna try it? Yeah, I have a Magosi. I'm afraid. Yeah, here we go. Let's go to the.
Speaker 2: Next card, speaking my language, realms, sketching more clones.
Speaker 1: And another final Fantasy six card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, realm was a person.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the little girl in the foreground there.
Speaker 2: That's stupid.
Speaker 1: She's an artist and her like magical powers she could if she draws something on the canvas that comes to life. And so she draws enemies like great big dinosaurs, and then the picture of the dinosaur comes to life and kicks somebody's ass for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And it's kind of a play on words because she the word realm. If you just hear that, that is like the place that you're in or at where you are correct, Yes, and she's sketching it and then it comes to life and you can actually copy a land with it. Oh yeah, that's kind of cool. I know real realm the place is spelt different than realm the name. That's how I knew that that must be that person. Because I know nothing about final Fantasy, I finally admitted it. Everybody, I know nothing. Watch watch, watch the precie. Hey, I'm hey, I'm seeking professional help for my final fantasy. Lying.
Speaker 1: Don't be showing the freaking people the wizard.
Speaker 2: Is that the thing?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, you don't want to see the find the curtain steps where the wizard is and he's like pulling the things.
Speaker 2: And I've seen a couple of wizards on the internet.
Speaker 1: Don't google that, Google, it's Pride month.
Speaker 2: Google. Probably fine, yeah. Probably. I like this card. It's a four man, a clone that can get a land, which might be.
Speaker 1: Too so it makes like a token OPPI Everything, which was really good in any clone deck, but more specifically Rue de Clad. Yes, because now I can turn all of my I could turn all of my tokens into what's that land that taps for blue Freach artifact I control Hilary Academy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but the but the flip over flipper flippy dippy other.
Speaker 1: Legendary frick sucks brick.
Speaker 2: You need to turn it into a creature. Then Iranicus is vile duplicated because it's not legendary. And then do this with hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we're talking.
Speaker 2: I am a solution provider today, you are.
Speaker 1: It's very good. I like that card. We'll probably go in the go Go.
Speaker 2: Deck and it'll go on the go. It'll go in the Go Go deck on our final, Final, Final Fantasy episode. That's right, Okay, Yeah, you've heard me? Yes, I did you heard me?
Speaker 3: Lots obnoxious Octopus.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now I am on the record as saying I don't like this card very much, but I I really like Ultros. I really do.
Speaker 2: I like this card. This this guy here, let me give him a read, and then I'm going to talk about why I like this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you explain to me why he's good. You tell you do.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll do more than just that. I'm gonna make you freaking happy about this guy. Okay, Okay, he's going to give you a freaking eight hand jobs. Okay, two to one octopus or blue one. Whenever you cast a non creach, if at least four mana was spent to cast it, tap target creature and opponent controls, and put a stunt counter on it. Sure, too bad he didn't put eight stunt counters. That would have been cool. Whenever you cast a non creach spell, if at least eight mana was spent to cast it, put eight plus ones on ultros. This is cool. Okay, So he's a he's an octopus. Yes, that encourages you to cast other big things than aren't creatures. Yeah, that's the only thing.
Speaker 1: That's the key.
Speaker 2: That's the key. And I would say, oh, yeah, I just cast all your Leviathans and Krakens and octopuses and all the stuff, right, yeah, but which not which you can put in this guy's deck or this guy can be in that deck, sure, but this goes great in the big creature sea monster deck when you have every single blue Manarroc, including the Water Crystal and Sky Diamond your favorite card ever, and all the man ROCs in blue that that Octopus Sea Creature's deck plays, and then you pair all of those manarrocs that's say fifteen or sixteen twenty manirocs with your Octopuses and Krakens and your ex drawspells, extras spells, because this is a cast trigger do all the stuff that you want it to do. And if that's not good enough, a you're playing the Octopus deck secreture deck, you're doing the big thing deck that this guy wants you to do because the infrastructure that deck already exists for you to cast eight drops. Yeah cool, and sure you could do like there's that saga that like gives you crack.
Speaker 1: And and I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: No. But the reason I really like this is because we get this and some on Leviathan in the same set, and I already have the burning desire to make a sea Creature's deck and I really tried it turned into a dirty, degenerate extra turns deck and The part that I think is going to make you happy is this set has made me want to take a part that Marvel deck and actually make it a demere Sea Monsters deck.
Speaker 1: That's cool, yes, but it's not an Ultras deck though.
Speaker 2: Fuck no, no not. All that is to say, no, you are.
Speaker 1: Right, it's fine. I'm glad that this guy's going to find a home somewhere.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna find a home beating your ass with it when he's a ten nine, won't He almost becomes a two punch chump when he's a when he's your commander. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true. Although ta and like, how do.
Speaker 2: I cast eight man of spells without paying their man a cost? Oh no, but I have to. It has to be spent to cast it.
Speaker 1: Ude, You can't. I can't even castcade into them. Gotta pay for him.
Speaker 2: Ah man, I can't provide a solution yet, I know it's gonna rack in my brain.
Speaker 1: The members of the Nation are out there working on this guy already, because we've talked about him a few times, and I've been like, I don't know how this guy is gonna work, but I'm gonna figure it out.
Speaker 2: Cost reduction, like if I, if I, if I cast.
Speaker 1: Like A we don't want to cost reduction because no, that's.
Speaker 2: What I mean. If I put great Hinge in the same deck that he's in and it's like it doesn't work. There's great hinges of fair and balance. Magic card costs nothing. Yeah, brick alters alter bad is more lego.
Speaker 1: We talked about Nibble him flame yesterday. This way everybody can see the art. I'm gonna put this into my traal deck so I could blow up the world and kill all my opponents at the same time, and then I can mark out because I actually do kind of like the scene in Final Fantasy Vin when he calls Cloud a bitch and burns down his house and then just like looks at him and walks away.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, what he said, Yes.
Speaker 1: And then he just uses all of his email powers from his mom being his dad to not burn.
Speaker 2: I like putting it in a Calimax deck and making Calimax into like a twenty and then just killing everybody and copying it in case anything fucking lived and it doesn't, and then the next turn I flashback it and you're like, oh, I rebuild it. It's easy for me.
Speaker 1: You're lucky.
Speaker 2: I don't have haste, and I'm like, I don't know. You're lucky. My things got flashback. All your guys are dead again.
Speaker 1: That'll do it. That'll do, pig that, that'll do. I like cards like that and has like the bone. Oh oh fuck that ot of the card.
Speaker 2: This is the one.
Speaker 1: This is the one. This is the card game within a game. This changed the fucking franchise.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: All of the Spinal Fantasy games since eight have had some version of a card game within them where you collect cards and you challenge people to play cards.
Speaker 2: And it's could you theoretically, could there be a this is the Final Fantasy crossover into Magic? If there was a Magic crossover into Final Fantasy, could you play Magic in Final Fantasy?
Speaker 1: I can't see why not. Yes, I feel like people just stop playing Final Fantasy. Just keep playing Magic.
Speaker 2: Though, right, Oh, fighting word, it's a pretty good game. It's pretty good. Okay, I'm gonna give this car to read.
Speaker 1: Okay, please do just directly into Nora and just so everybody's else.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be the the wonky different art. Oh yeah, what art is that? What is that?
Speaker 1: That's the that's a wood block extended art.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that would be are all is that we didn't talk about the freaking different art styles.
Speaker 1: Because there's so many. There's, there's, there's, there's actually too many to really touch on in this set. There's I think there's ten or twelve of these in the set, and they're in the same kind of rarity and spot as like the profile picture ones and the lands and all that shit. This is just another art treatment that you I actually already have one of these. It's already at my house waiting to go into norm Okay.
Speaker 2: So what it does, finally is an enchantment for Red Red Red three. At the beginning of your upkeep, each player exiles the top card of their library. Until end of turn. You may play those cards you own exiled. This way, each other player excell loses value. What everybody can play their card.
Speaker 1: All of my We flip over four cards, okay, and then I play mine. Yes, I can play it, and if I do, I can play all of my opponent's cards that cost less for free.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't read that right. It's far away, everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's way across the room a on a television. But that's what that does. I think it's really cool. Let's be kind of draw stuff off my opponent's library, and if I get really lucky then I can play it for free.
Speaker 2: So if you like, you have to cast it though, right, yes, I have to. You have to cast your own thing. Yes, so if you cast five drop and everybody reveals fours, you get them all. Yes, it doesn't like five, four, three, two, No, you just get them because they cost less. Yes, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's a cool card. I like that.
Speaker 2: Look, get everything in norm costs like between two and four though, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I mean I'll get lots of little stuff and I don't have a lot of spot removal in there. Oh yeah, so now I can get it.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Can you play them or you cast them? You may play the card you own exiled this way, and each other card exiled this way with lesser man of value than it without paying their manic costs. So you could play my land.
Speaker 1: This says play It has to be lesser though.
Speaker 2: But my man, my land costs zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, zero, And if I played it well, I could get your land. Then if I could put one drop, then I could get your land. If I played a land, I couldn't get.
Speaker 2: You correct, zero isn't less than zero, that's right. But if you had a five drop and I had a four drop and F. E. Smithy had a land, you could get both of them.
Speaker 1: This guy is cradle tool.
Speaker 2: I know you have a guy's cradle No.
Speaker 1: Just doing me and Lauren has one too.
Speaker 2: It is a loser.
Speaker 1: And just for the record, that's a very big flavor win as well, because the way triple triad works is it's like a grade of nine cards and you take monster cards and they have a number on each side, and you lay them next to your opponents things, and if your number is higher, then you take their. So it kind of is a flavor win too.
Speaker 2: In Nooran in Vegas, we're gonna have a nine player EDH game, Oh my god, and we're gonna play until you get a triple triad. Yeah, that's what we're gonna do. Quea q Quarmi coo pretty close.
Speaker 1: We talked about him yesterday. I just really like these cards that give you a token when you're making tokens. So if you're doing something that you're gonna do anyway, and then you get an extra bonus. The fact that it's a frog is cool too, but just the fact that it does what it does is pretty good. And it's a two to three for three, it's not nothing.
Speaker 2: The fact that you're gonna do it anyways is a perfect reason to go to Fusion Gaming Online dot com and you see CEO Nation promo code exactly, and it isn't uncommon. They're probably gonna have it.
Speaker 1: And it gives you chump blockers because you can use the frog to chump and then Queena can eat the frog to make itself bigger.
Speaker 2: I love getting big neat.
Speaker 1: I think that's cool. And the art's pretty funny too, the frog running for his life, and I'm pretty sure Queen is also a frog. Look at that thing. I don't know four.
Speaker 2: You don't you know anything? I can't read. Jocabol Racetrack. Yeah, kind of looks like Rainbow Road.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so yes, Jocobo Racetrack Final Fantasy seven Landfall get a two to two bird that has when a land comes into play under your control, gets plus one plus. Oh that's what that card does.
Speaker 2: That's not that good.
Speaker 1: That's really good?
Speaker 2: Is it good?
Speaker 1: I think it's good.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that good.
Speaker 1: Like anything that anything that has an ability that gives you the thing that has the same ability on it, I think is cool. Every turn, I'm gonna make a new bird, and all the birds that I have are going to get bigger each time.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, yeah, that's just hard to track. That's hard to track, and it's plus one oh only until I turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not counters. So like you, every time you play a land, you get a two two and then you're already existing. Two twos become three twos that get in and it kind of just gets on a hand and it's one of those cool enchantments that people probably aren't going to deal with until it's too late.
Speaker 2: Mmmmmm h. Yeah, that really does feel like that. And you know what else, it feels like I've got a bunch of these birds and I'm just gonna get like six lands for some reason, and all my birds are now eight twos.
Speaker 1: Splendid wreck, get you there, what's the green green two? Sack any number of lands, get those lands and put a scape shift scape.
Speaker 2: Shift scape shift into splendid wreck. As if that didn't already win magic.
Speaker 1: Yes, as if that didn't woman, Now he gives you another way to win. Yes, birds, which are cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, don't remind me that bird's got green cards. Now, I'm not a fan of this. I don't like it. Oh man, this is not okay, Tara magical adapt Adapt Adapt.
Speaker 1: Now, on your first look at this, you're probably gonna think, man, this is like a Gruel Enchantress card.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Think, oh man, this is like the green Saga's super duper card.
Speaker 2: This is so rare. And she flippy dips. Okay, let me give a reach forth to Human Wizard Warrior for Gruel and one. When she enters mill five cards, put up to one enchantment card mild this way into your hand. So she kind of draws you a card in Enchanter's deck. Sure, sure, and you get to select right. Okay. So then she's got Gruel and fore and tap exiler. Then return her to the battlefield transformed under owner's control, and she's a six.
Speaker 1: I have the next the next phase as well. I got it on there. I was thinking ahead. Try again, it.
Speaker 2: Is there we go. She's a six to six Saga Wizard legendary enchantment creature with flying Oh my, God chapters one and two and three. Create a token that's a copy of target non legendary enchantment. You control it, gains haste if it's a saga, put up to three lore counters on it. Huh. Yeah, so it immediately probably dies if it's a saga.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you get all three modes of it at once. Oh yeah, so you have a non legendary saga in play, you get a new one and just trigger all of the abilities right away.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's pretty good. Yes, and then sacrifice at the beginning the next end step and then her chapter four is add Wooburg Woburg and exile her and then return her to the fucking battle.
Speaker 1: And then you can use six of those ten manna that she just made to flipper over again.
Speaker 2: Does she got haste? Oh?
Speaker 1: I guess not.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't.
Speaker 1: I mean you're playing a red based enchantment deck. I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine not having haste. I love how she's five dollars, but the fancy one with the fancy art is one hundred and five.
Speaker 1: We call that the a man O Yoshi tak attacks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I may or may not have in a mana Yoshi Taki altar coming in the altar binder to Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Like you you co opted his style or you have one that you altered.
Speaker 2: That I have one that I altered. Okay, yeah, it's pretty nice. Come see me.
Speaker 1: We can talk outside the vendor area though.
Speaker 2: We're at the CCO house. Who have a beer or a taco for both?
Speaker 1: I like both of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like putting taco inside my body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buddy, like putting my body inside of taco. I also like that it's a little with the beds, like right, it's kind of shape.
Speaker 2: I was thinking like a sleeping bag. It's like a little people burrito.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ah, that's definitely what we meant. Yes, oh right, zel dink yeacked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy loves hot dogs. I'm not making that up. It's it's real. It's the thing.
Speaker 2: He's a zero three human monk.
Speaker 1: Go does he go in your monk deck?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let's give him a red when you could play an additional land on each of your turns. So he goes maybe my land's deck, and he gets plus one plus zero for each land you control, So he's not a zero three he's a three three at the least. Probably also at the beginning of your end step, return a land you control to its owner's hand. This does not go on my monk deck, but it might go on my land's deck. Very handy when I have a land like I don't know, Glacial Chasm and I'm at a very low life total because ad nauseum, or because there's no creatures in that deck, or I want to but Juka bog somebody three turns in a row. This can do the thing that lands decks want it to do.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that. I think that when I was originally looking at this and I was telling people about it, it's like mono red lands. What do you think? This isn't a commander?
Speaker 2: This goes in your ninety nine.
Speaker 1: This goes on the ninety nine of any any red including thing that plays utility lands that you want to get a bang out of more than once. What's the land that comes into play untapped if you have an island and it puts an instant or sourcer from your graveyard back to your hand.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, mystic sanctuary there.
Speaker 1: I mean we were talking about extra turns earlier. Yes, I don't want to say you wouldn't want a time walk and then play your Mystic Sanctuary to get your time walk back and then put that put the Mystic Sanctuary back into your hand to play it on your extra turn to.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean, it's a pretty good card.
Speaker 1: Gosh forbid you do something stupid like that, right. I think that that's a very strong card and it does a very good effect. I kind of wish that he would run around the entire globe and punch someone in the face, though.
Speaker 2: I like. I like that in your any red inclusive Omnath deck, like your Omna deck, where it's like, I'm gonna play my fetch Land, bounce it, tap something to put my fetch Land back into play on your turn. Then I'm gonna crack my fetch Land. Then I'm gonna take my turn now, so all my guys have virtual haste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna be good. And that is where he's going. Yes, yeah, okay, I'm going to put him into Omna. I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Think if I have any extra land players that cost more than three. I know that there's Keino Sentiro of Melitas that gives me an extra land and a card right, and it gives you a land or a card. I know that there's gear poor Orry, which is a four drop that lets me play three extra one extra land. And if I have no cards in hand at the end of turn, draw card for everybody draw three. I mean everybody, yes, But my deck's all land, so I just dumped my hand at the end of turn. Every turn that costs three or four becaust four.
Speaker 1: I want to say three actually, but.
Speaker 2: Man see, I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: And and well extra lands at three is the glute is three, and yep, Nisa is the Lotus cobra, but she's three. The five five dinosaurs three, yep, there's lots.
Speaker 2: At three and land out of your Graveyard is also three. So like that's that MANI slot is pretty clogged up in lands decks. That's why this guy being red is cool because you might want that effect in a non green deck that isn't even a lands deck. Like sure, I know that your OMNAT deck has green in it, but I wouldn't call it a lands deck. This guy's red, and he also is a frickin' beater because you're probably gonna have twenty lands in play like I've seen routinely. You say, every single land in my deck is on the battlefield.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: I can search, but it doesn't matter. So I'm just gonna like bounce or get back my fetch land and crack it and find nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pay pay a life for my fetch line to go to my graveyard so I can play it with my my crucible world.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna crack this pteromorphic kingspance six more times and find nothing.
Speaker 2: Yes, and this guy cares about that. Yes, that's cool. Card.
Speaker 1: This is the thing I do like that card. I think that's gonna be cool. I'm excited to see again what other people are gonna do with it. Kinda kookie lands.
Speaker 2: They're gonna come up with squall seed mercenary.
Speaker 1: That sounds kind of dirty seed mercenary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this is so the squall.
Speaker 1: He flies at the high school around and goes into the center of a black hole to fight his necklace.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make any sense. Final fantasy, Baby Squall Is his sword a gun or a sword?
Speaker 1: And his sword is a gun? Is it a sword though, Yes, but it's also a gun. Okay, it's a sword with a gun.
Speaker 2: On it, soun Gord, Gord, Yes, okay, he's a three for human Knight mercenary for V and two. And whenever a creature you control attacks alone, it gains double strike till and to turn. I don't hate that. Whenever Squall deals combat damage to a player, like if he has double strike, if he's attacking a loan return target permanent card with man of value three or less from your G to your B.
Speaker 1: So he's kind of like a crappy sun Titan.
Speaker 2: You're or a good or double strike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gets your your your two things in and he's gonna go really good in my Rati Drabbic deck where I can get my legendary creatures back with him.
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't have to exile in the Rati Drabic. No, they just go to the grave and then they get into two.
Speaker 1: Of them yep yea, and then then I revive them and the tokens aren't legendary, so then I have lots of them. You know what deck is so hard to do.
Speaker 2: I think of that deck whenever whenever I see an Orizov legend, because I want that deck. I want that deck to be my deck, because it's so ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's so stupid. And you've seen you player with that. You have to have like, well, if he's this, if he's all the way out of the sleeve, that means that like, oh my god, yes, it's fun to play. I think that this guy is gonna add an extra level of I want my guys to eat shit anyway. And now they can like send a helping him ship back and get something more delicious because they're coming.
Speaker 2: And this is the This is the kind of thing where you could potentially tweak a whole bunch of cards in your deck. You could say, Hey, I've been wanting to play this card, this three mana legend, but I've got this five man of one. I'm gonna try and switch out squall and put a three guy in instead of a five, and then it actually changes a whole bunch of your deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually, I think I might do that. I'm not gonna switch it to squall, but I think I am gonna kind of fine tune it a little bit better so that I can do more than one thing at turn.
Speaker 2: That happened to me with a card called Woodland Bellower when it Etb's it searches for a green creature with man non legend with three man or less, and I'm like, man, I got to take out Rishka Pimar renegade, I got to take out Azusa lost, but seeking, I got to find other ways to do plus ones and lands and stuff because these are legends. I can't find it with Woodland Bellower.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So just stuff like that other stuff. This is other stuff that you like but aren't buying.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, but I wanted to check check in with you on as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, cool, I've seen all the stuff, but I we haven't talked about it yet.
Speaker 1: Yes, so this is This is one from my good friend Ben never One who wants this real bad. And I think it's kind of the win more card of the set, so I figured it's worth it's worth pointing out it's not quite Jumbo Cactar level, but like, this is a card I think a lot of people are into. It's a dragon, it's a saga, it's an enchantment. It's a iconic character, if you will, from the series, and it's a pretty fucking good card.
Speaker 2: I like this card, and whenever I see cards like this, I think, man, I want to build another animar deck. I just want to do colorless, not hydras, not el drawsy, not artifacts like very specifically make it colorless creatures. And this one fits right in Summon. Bahamot is one of the demon's names in Paradise Lost.
Speaker 1: That's bapha Man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, Yes, this is a saga flying dragon, or as the Germans say, for nine.
Speaker 1: No no, for no, yeah, I translated from the German.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I'm transliterating. You're translating. Yes, okay. So Chapter one and two destroy up to one target non land P six. It just gets its guy.
Speaker 1: It comes into Blake, kills a thing next to and kills a thing.
Speaker 2: Okay cool. Chapter three draw two cards?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: I don't hate that. Chapter four, this creature deals damage equal to a total man of value of stuff you control to each opponent. Holy shit, at least nine or does the Germans say at least nine?
Speaker 1: No, it's uh, it's other permanent, it's not this one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well play it in your el drawsy deck. Yes, at least nine.
Speaker 1: I think that over the course of a DH game. I'll bet you this thing can do stupid numbers just by accident. Yeah, you know what I mean, like people are gonna be surprised how much damage that does when it actually happens. It'd be like, oh, okay, I'll just count it up or whatever. Maybe I don't. Oh yeah, I eah, never mind, I win, never mind.
Speaker 2: It's forty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's enough. How much damage is it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes? You know like that.
Speaker 2: You know what, even if it's like I've got three man of rocks that total like two and three and three, that's like freaking eight. That's eight to each opponent after I've maybe hit them in the air for nine two times, Yeah, that's like that's lost. It's almost thirty. That's almost like all their life. I like that one.
Speaker 1: It's a good one. It's a solid card.
Speaker 2: I like that one. And you know what, I something about a colorless card. I just like the look of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just like the look of colorless cards that aren't artifacts. They just have their own look to them.
Speaker 1: They do. That is very true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is very true. Minu menu menu, Minu white mate. Hey man, I did it cleric support.
Speaker 1: I I think.
Speaker 2: I didn't talk about this on the pre show. I forgot this one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, good because I picked because I just I think it's cool. Here's like this set and we're actually getting an underrepresented creature type that I think people like Corey locally. Here has a cleric deck, yep, and here's some fucking random cleric support for virtually no reason. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you some bullshit tell me, I'll tell you this, and I gotta tell you. I gotta put it out there on the internet. My our command right life gain deck actually plays lots of clerics, all the soul sisters, creature etb's gained life, all clerics. Well, this happens to be a human cleric, which kind of sucky. But all of the creatures in that deck, all the advisors, all the clerics, all the monks, all the artificers also humans, which matters. It actually matters lots. When I drop a cavernous souls in that deck, I name human, which is totally silly because it's not even what the deck is about. The commander cares about creature types. That doesn't say human anyways. Whenever you gain life, put a plus one plus one counter on each cleric. You can try each and whenever I attack in that deck, it's like, oh, this guy's a ten to one, and everything else over here is a one one, So I can't do anything with them. Well, now now I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now there are eleven twos or or they over the course of the turn. If I gain one instance of life, one instance of life one Now, all my clerics are five fives and all my monks and advisors are ten fives or whatever. Man, this card brought about this card?
Speaker 1: It's a good card. I like that lots. Yeah, I really do like that card. And I'm glad that it got some printing. I'm sure that we'll see it around.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, in my deck. Yes, you will see this card.
Speaker 1: Excellent, It's okay, I've done it. I'm curious if this is a good card. Ultima is ultima a good card? White white three sorcery, destroy all artifacts, all creatures, end the turn. Is that a good card? Is there a reason you would play that over the plethora of other sweepers at our disposal? Is there ever a time where you want to blow everything the fuck up and then end your own turn?
Speaker 2: The answer to the first part is yes, lots of times.
Speaker 1: Oh, all the time. I want to do that. Right now, I want to find somebody else's magic game and just push it into the garbage can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why ultima? Hmmm?
Speaker 1: I genuinely don't understand why, right, Maybe because there's a bunch of bullshit going on. Is Wrath of God too good in like standard?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is that why it says? And the turn on it? I don't understand this.
Speaker 2: Oh, and the turn being a downside yeah, instead of an upside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, I suppose.
Speaker 1: Is you kill everything and then have.
Speaker 2: Not done you can't play anything after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody else gets to rebuild before you do.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of it as a downside. I was trying to figure out what the upside is, don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that there is One's what I'm asking you, because you're good at that sort of thing. I don't know what it is one that.
Speaker 2: There is one, But you have to like craft a scenario that is like stupid and doesn't make sense, Like passing the turn makes you lose, and they are holding priority and doing something, but like eventually it's like, okay, do you just lose? Right? And it's not an instant, hey, yeah, it'd be funny if it was an instant that you could only play on your own turn. Then then there'd be some.
Speaker 1: Shit could yes, then yes that if somebody's.
Speaker 2: Combat tricking you on your own attack and you could just go, actually, I'll kill everything and the turn. But it ain't an instant that you're can play in your own turn, which would be so funny.
Speaker 1: If it was like, I'll riff a you know.
Speaker 2: What, actually your stuff's gonna die to and and the turn. Yeah yeah, I like.
Speaker 1: That, and you about it? Yeah, oh yeah, what right? Hell like I don't get it. I honestly don't understand it. The one thing, the thing that you said, if this is an instant but could only be played at instant speed on your turn, this would be an excellent card this lot.
Speaker 2: I'm very sure that there are no cards that do that.
Speaker 1: There should be, because that's really good.
Speaker 2: That would be an interesting design space. He It would make things that aren't typically good good.
Speaker 1: Well. There's instance that if you play them on your turn they get better, they're better.
Speaker 2: But there's sorceries that say you can only play during combat. From Petrie k let us know in the comments Ultima, let us know how you're gonna use this card.
Speaker 1: Is it or if you're even gonna use it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be something that's like, Oh, that's freaking good.
Speaker 1: Somebody's gonna put it in the comments and I'm gonna be like, God, damn it. Of course that of course, of course that's what it is. What else would it be. Let's go on to the next car.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of things that trigger, but it's not an instance. So if during your main phases on the stack, you can't respond with.
Speaker 1: This correct and even if you did, if they would erase the trigger too.
Speaker 2: If there's a detrimental delayed trigger.
Speaker 1: Even then it probably goes on the stack and gets you if you lose at the end of your turn or whatever it's.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, what's the next card. I'm looking up a card here and I'm gonna read. I'm gonna read the card that's on the screen. You read the next actual card. This guy's this guy's good.
Speaker 1: Fabled Soldier is a three, three, four, black and two. Whenever he enters or attacks, you may sacrifice another creature. If you do, you draw a card. Whenever another creature dies, target opponent loses one life and you gain one life. If this is the fourth time this ability has resolved this turn, transform Cephroth.
Speaker 2: And he transforms into the next card in the order. Yeah, look at that, man, he's Jack.
Speaker 1: He's Jack as hell. You might have to read that one of the text.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll just find him on the screen. I can't believe while I'm looking up, I can't believe we went that whole time without me making a Nissan Ultima joke. Frick man, I think I think I should. I should just pack it.
Speaker 1: In slipping you're slipping hard. Where did he go?
Speaker 2: There? There is Seth Okay flying five five after he transforms an angel nightmare avatar. We're getting pretty close to making that all avatar deck. Yes, with like a Salaron or a sermon being the commander.
Speaker 1: Yes, hell yeah, bad guys.
Speaker 2: This guy's got to be a bad guy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, very much.
Speaker 2: So okay, as this creature transforms into Sepharoth, which is a very weird sentence. Yes, you get an emblem with whenever a creature dies, target opponent loses when we gain one. So he's an emblem of blood artist, which is great. When Seth attacks, you may sacrifice any number of other creatures. If you do draw that many cards.
Speaker 1: That is a pretty.
Speaker 2: Good that's a pretty good magic card.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good magic guy.
Speaker 2: If I was playing this card, I'd probably be winning the game. Yes, if I was buying this magic card, i'd probably be paying almost or hundi Canadian. Yeah for the for the jerk off like anime.
Speaker 1: Looking for the surge foil one that's on the screen. If you're watching on YouTube, you want to get that in surge foil. That's four hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, that's lots of that.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of freaking Again, as of recording today, I'm sure prices have gone down a little bit now.
Speaker 2: That people are opening this shit.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope.
Speaker 2: Is this a ninety nine or is this a Commander? Ah?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think it's going to go in the ninety nine of a lot of the established Orizov Aristocrats players.
Speaker 2: We'll see you hit it on the head there.
Speaker 1: And I think that new people too, maybe the format or maybe to magic, are going to discover the entry level of Aristocrats with this card.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Commander Crookhood. They're so smart. The four hundred dollars cards entry level? What's magic coming to? Well, it doesn't have to be four hundred dollars. Wad it could be. It could be ninety four dollars. It could be. It could be like thirty bucks.
Speaker 1: Thirty bucks is what it's at now, and that's going to go down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pull it up of a booster package. That's how you get this card.
Speaker 1: That's high. It's it's high because it's sever off. That's why it costs so much God money.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, weaves.
Speaker 1: And sorry to weaves. I'm also a weave.
Speaker 2: But yeah. Yeah. How many one rings do I own? You think those are free?
Speaker 1: Continue?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was gonna say what else you want to look at? But I'll tell you ancient and drama butthole. We talked about this guy.
Speaker 1: We talked about him on the pre show, So check him out.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Tea Coats. Yeah absolutely, it's such a turtle that he's gonna do dirty things with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's it.
Speaker 2: This fricking card. What is going on with this?
Speaker 1: This is traveling Chocobo Baby. This is the big card of the set? Is it?
Speaker 2: It is? This is the card.
Speaker 1: This is the serialized card. You can get one of seventy seven or x of seventy seven if you're very lucky. It also has a bunch of neon art treatments. It's got an exclusive black Japanese treatment, it's got a full art borderless treatment, and then it has a regular old, plain ass magic card. And I think it also happens to be a pretty decent magic the Gathering playing card.
Speaker 2: Do Choco bowls actually come in all these different.
Speaker 1: Colors, yes, and they all have different abilities except for the I've never seen a red one. I don't. I haven't seen a red chocobo anywhere.
Speaker 2: Fuck even play Final Fantasy.
Speaker 1: Well not the new ones. Oh if there is a red chocable, please.
Speaker 2: I love the yellow cerealized foil one for this reason. Tell me everybody says I hate those yellow foils from Ether Drift. Oh, here's a serialized foil one.
Speaker 1: That's to represent the gold Chocobo, which is like the one that can do all the stuff that all the other ones. Oh yeah, that's what it does. I want a gold chokeo and so it can run on the ocean and it can climb mountains.
Speaker 2: Given myself the hand of Midas, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh yeahaturing your dick into gold. That's what the hand of MIAs is, I think, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but other stuff too, doesn't have to be here. It could be anything. This is a three to two bird that doesn't fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was no fly?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, I'm just making sure.
Speaker 1: Like ostriches, they just run, we ride them.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's green and two. You may look at the top cardier library anytime I'm listening. You may play lands and cast bird spells from the top of your library. Okay. If a land or bird you control enters a battlefield, causes triggerability to trigger uh, that ability triggers an additional part. Yeah, it does a triggerability that you control.
Speaker 1: I should say that's correct.
Speaker 2: So this is a bird harmonicon, yes, and.
Speaker 1: And a land harmonicon on the same card.
Speaker 2: If a land or a bird yeah, oh so it's landfall triggers two times. Yeah, and this should be pretty good in my lands deck.
Speaker 1: This is a good card. I like this card lot. It's kind of fun that, like the the big time card is is a gain like a Kerly good and like it's a good and playable card that's going to see play in lots of decks. Not like the one Ring, but in the same vein as the one Ring.
Speaker 2: I can play lands off the top of my deck. So if I can play four lands of turn yeap, and my deck has like I don't know, seventy land in it. Yep, I can just rip five deep every turn.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's a good card, man, I'm telling you all though, those these are gonna be stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the scribe fall don't got a price for him yet.
Speaker 1: I found one of the if you' and if you're watched on YouTube, I have my If I could have any of these, this is the one I would want. It's the neon yellow one. Of course, it's my favorite color. I think that the site, I actually saw one for sale and I think it was like eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh so imagine saving five percent.
Speaker 1: On that, all right? I was USD two, so that's like fourteen hundred Canadian Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 1: But here we are.
Speaker 2: Here, we are traveling choke bitch. Yeah yeah, I like that absolute virtue. In what world is this fricking card legendary? Like, I don't know this butterfly looking guy who's apparently an eight eight even though he looks like he's the size of a flower. But those are trees in the background off flowers. Yes, good observation for the first time ever, Ryan Okay, Avatar Warrior, here we go for eight. He's like white and blue and six. Yep for an eight. Eight can't be countered flying protection from each of your freaking opponents.
Speaker 1: We have protection from our opponents.
Speaker 2: Oh what does he have?
Speaker 1: Just flying?
Speaker 2: He just flies?
Speaker 1: He flies?
Speaker 2: You have protection from each of your opponents.
Speaker 1: Just don't see that on a card. Have we seen that on the True Name Nemesis would give you a protection from one opponent. This gives you protection from your opponents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy like test Protection's best friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good, man, that's pretty cool. Something that's unique and pretty cool. And I don't want to see it in a command zone ever. Those games are gonna suck.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I think that this card's actually like this card. Now, I know I didn't read it wrong. I know I read it right when I read it the first time, but it was two weeks ago and I forgot. Protection from each of your opponents is actually pretty good. And whether he's in my ninety nine and I cheat him out because I'm a dirty bastard, or if he's my commander and I'm just making the hardest lock pill of four, you actually can't hurt me, and I just play like a fricking chronotog and skip my next thousand turns and you mill yourself.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, that's what this deck does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolute virtue. And then I'm gonna go with Chronotog, get my one hundred next turns, and I'm gonna wondering and give myself protection from everything again, and I'm gonna test protection.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, go, you guys are gonna have to play Magic without me, and I'm gonna go to the Coachman License bever Droom and I'm gonna leave all my shit and you guys are just gonna have to pass through my turn because I skip it, and you're gonna mill yourself and you think that you're the winner.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna come back and I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Go, hey, guys, what's going on.
Speaker 2: You're gonna say, oh, you won the game because we couldn't kill you and we decked ourselves. Yeah yeah, And they accuse me of not playing magic. Show up to Vegas. Hey, guys, here's my not play magic deck.
Speaker 1: I went.
Speaker 2: I went, so I went so hard in the reputation building of somebody who doesn't play magic. I build a deck where I can't play magic. It's actually against the rules. This is fantastic. Fuck, we gotta do it now, I gotta do it. I think we do absolute virtue. I absolutely no magic.
Speaker 1: Is Let's see the new one.
Speaker 2: Let's see that's awesome. Sorry, we're going along because I keep coming up with ideas, so.
Speaker 1: We're gonna I just wanted to know. This is the any number of card in the deck? Card? It's sid I don't exactly know what's going on. I know that Tea Coats is building this one. He's looking for him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yep, is it any good? I don't think it's got cycling, got to be good. Astrol slide that bitch to bet he doesn't have red in him. Then you could play the deal damage one and then you cycle too. Yeah, you can make the cycling deck, sure because your commander has cycling. Yeah, cycle your commander you could but jooe uh probably plus one plus one for each artificer you controlled. Why don't I just put this my command right deck? Just him fantasy. This is the greatest. Eh, We've come full circle? Who am I fucking Brando?
Speaker 1: There? It is reach artificer you control, and each artificer in your graveyard.
Speaker 2: Oh, this guy's beaten wholesale ass artificers and ar command rights. Baby, there he is and advisors.
Speaker 1: Let's see the next one.
Speaker 2: I've come full circle. I'm I'm I'm ready to play magic. How many more are there? Freaking sids? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry, there's there's I didn't put in all fifteen sids.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry even try.
Speaker 1: No, I just put in the one that I like the best. I put in the one where he grabs the dynamite and he jumps out of the Enterprise and blows himself up, sealing off the entrance to the Underworld where he's been chased by gol be forces.
Speaker 2: That's what I WHOA. Isn't the Enterprise from Star Trek.
Speaker 1: And Final Fantasy four? Oh yeah, yes?
Speaker 2: Isn't the Underworld from Ancient.
Speaker 1: Greece and Final Fantasy four?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? Uh? Ridia Ridia Ridio Ridia, Summoner of Mist human Shaman for roll straight up one two landfall whenever land enters a benefit of your control discarded card if you do draw card neat. I don't hate that. I like that X tap return target Saga card with man of value X from your g to your b with a finality counter on it, and it gainst haste until under turn. That's a weird thing to say about a saga, but they're creatures now because why not. It enters and it just starts over, but you got to pay its mano cost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like this one? I do. I like this.
Speaker 2: I think it goes in every saga deck that plays this color because it's a reusable like it'll turn a witness.
Speaker 1: It'll go on the Tara decks and it'll go in lots of decks.
Speaker 2: I like this Bombito one because it's five color.
Speaker 1: There you go, yeah, ras also fun Oh yeah, yeah yeah, so basically all of the saga decks want this. Yes, it's cool. I just like that card and it's got a really pretty picture on it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think everybody knows about vv I just.
Speaker 2: Want to do viv or what is it? Or orna orn it or sure that would be French.
Speaker 1: He could be French. There's a there's a very French aesthetic and final Fantasy nine, which is where he's from.
Speaker 2: Oh he's definitely French, then vv vv vv. How come we can speak with a like a France French accent better than a Quebec French accent. I can't do Quebec.
Speaker 1: French because if we were to talk like we were from Quebec, everybody would think we are making fun of people who speak French.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's France.
Speaker 1: That's Quebec.
Speaker 2: Quebec. No, Quebec has lots of like, Uh, I'm the asshole.
Speaker 1: You are the asshole.
Speaker 3: This is this is the guy.
Speaker 1: This is the guy I wanted to talk about. So yesterday we talked about how they've given us a Golos analog in this set. This is him, the wandering minstrel who gives his ship basically what he does, but what he says. At the top line is lands you control enter the battlefield untapped, so you're shitty town based. MANA base comes into play untapped. Now, so you have a fully functioning five color MANA base that comes into play untapped, and this guy's generic. Yes, deck is fucking good. Ability is Woburg and three other creatures you control get plus x plus x or x is the number of towns. You control the towns, so you can play the towns that all. And there's enough towns in this set, Yes, there is absolutely.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there is.
Speaker 1: There absolutely is.
Speaker 2: If you play Realm's Painting or whatever, you can make more towns and there you go, more towns.
Speaker 1: There's lots and lots of towns in the deck or in the in the set, and there you go.
Speaker 2: Why's he got those stupid glasses on it?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know. Fantasy fourteen is a stupid time.
Speaker 2: Oh. Also, at the beginning of combat, on your turn, if you control five or more towns, create a two two elemental creature token. That's all colors. Sure, I don't know if there's enough towns, dude, they're definitely they made lots of them. Do you remember when there's only ten gates, Now there's like twenty something. Yeah, there's enough gates. If it said gates, I'd be like, oh, yeah, this is the new gate guy.
Speaker 1: There's like twenty towns. Yeah, there's one for each color pairing.
Speaker 2: That's ten ten, and then there's there's five five color.
Speaker 1: Ones, there's five one color ones, and there's five more one color ones, and there's a whole bunch of like multicolored ones, and there's a colorless one.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's lots of towns.
Speaker 2: Man. I don't know anything.
Speaker 1: Essentially, every non basic land in this set is a town. Oh yeah, there's three, four or five, seven, eight, nine, and eleven to thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty one, twenty.
Speaker 2: Two, twenty three, twenty three towns.
Speaker 1: Twenty three towns. That's and of course that means well, no, I have to go twenty three towns. I don't know if any of these are good enough where they're going to see a bunch of standard play and have a bunch of value.
Speaker 2: Ain't the blue one really good?
Speaker 1: I think starting town is the one that is expensive. It's a City of Brass. Doesn't always hurt you. That one's probably gonna run you a pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this lend unders tapped unless it's your first, second, or third turn of the game. Oh fuck, I played on the first turn of the game anyways, And I'll just let it hurt me, and I'll just be like, oh man, I'll just play City of Brass.
Speaker 1: I like the Blue one, or went there in Final Fantasy.
Speaker 2: Six Aristocratic Capital, because of course it is because I'm smarter than you, Because I play blue. It's got overture venture overture, Yeah, overture, Like, wait a second, did I read it that wrong? Blue blue four target player mills half their library rounded down. And then also Etb's tapped.
Speaker 1: It gives you blue, but in this deck not tap.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the the barred Guy deck. Yeah, wandering minstrel. He looks like freakin' I don't like his stupid face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he looks stupid.
Speaker 2: Buster Sword. We talked a little bit about it on the pre show yesterday. Yes, I like that card.
Speaker 1: I like it lots too.
Speaker 2: Doesn't give trample though, hate.
Speaker 1: No, No, it'd probably be maybe too good if the game.
Speaker 2: Tramp, well, it would be priced accordingly to equip, and then it'd be like, oh, everybody would be like it costs three and then five to equip or four to equip. It's seven man before you don't get anything.
Speaker 1: That's helm of the host, before you get to do anything, you have anything in your hand, and then you I think.
Speaker 2: The card's good.
Speaker 1: Your life just sucks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is the freaking bant Bird that I hate.
Speaker 1: We had to talk about the bant Bird because this is like the other This is like the deck that they're kind of shuffling us towards in this set.
Speaker 2: Is ban Birds Choco Seeker of Paradise. It even has Paradise in the name, and it's a bird brick. It's like they're telling you to play Birds of Paradise in your bird deck. Now you can play green. Yeah, a bunch of bird shit, the three five legendary creature bird for bands and one. Whenever one or more birds you control attack because the birds they do. Look at that many cards from the top of your library. You may put one of them into your hand, then put any number of land cards from among them onto the battlefield tapped, and the rest into your graveyard. What also, whenever a land you control enters, this guy gets plus one plus oho until and a turn.
Speaker 1: Could be the commander of your lands deck, or your bird's deck, or your bird your bird's lands deck.
Speaker 2: Your band's deck. Yes, play a banding bird deck that's lands.
Speaker 1: Yes, why not? Why not? But I think that that deck's gonna be cool, and you know, I think he's good. Yeah, everybody's gonna build it because it's good.
Speaker 2: Whenever one or more birds you control attack, I'm always attacking with birds and my bird deck.
Speaker 1: That's what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I'll look at the top four cards in my library, let's say, and I'm always attacking because they have vigilance and fucking flying, so there's no recourse to not attack.
Speaker 1: There's no reason not to attack.
Speaker 2: And then I get some lands, and then this guy gets bigger.
Speaker 1: Yep. And if you're playing in a lot of the other birds from this set, they're going to get bigger too. If you're playing that jokeable race track from earlier, you're gonna make a whole bunch more birds to attack with.
Speaker 2: Next turn that all do this land etb's plus one plus onto the turn. Yeah, oh yeah, that's good cards probably go in this deck.
Speaker 1: This good card?
Speaker 2: Is that a green card?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: I hate green birds. Blitz Ball I told you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did talk about I didn't think we were going to touch on that. That's the three three drop mann Rock. Check out our thoughts on the pre show form yesterday.
Speaker 2: Check out our balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chocolate salty balls.
Speaker 2: I think chocolate salty blitz And that's it.
Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 2: We did it, We made it. That was your shopping list, That was it. Did you crack any packs yet so far?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Happy? Or said happy fun time sad balcony.
Speaker 1: I hate to say it, but it is pretty good. I got a search Foil Cloud pretty good. And uh uh what's it called The Beyond Through the Time or whatever the bulluss the Citadel.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, which is pretty which is pretty alright. And I got a I opened another one and I got a Tara Tara Branford. That's yeah, I got that. I got the Tara Urza in foil with the art.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That card is like seven trillion dollars is pretty cool. Three yeah, okay, okay, this is what I'll declare.
Speaker 1: This is final thoughts on final fantasy. Baby, this is it.
Speaker 2: Uh, you opened up your good box in the privacy of your own home, probably cried a little bit. And now when we're in Las Vegas, you're going to open up your good deck or your your your bad box, I mean, and cry a little bit. Yeah yeah, okay, Well, as long as crying is happening, I'm I'm happy.
Speaker 1: Tears are virtually guaranteed.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm having deja vu what I don't know, and just saying I'm having deja VU's giving me deja vu. This is this is weird.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's groundhog Day.
Speaker 2: It's Patreon. Thank you, Dave. Big thank you to the Patreon supporters over a patreon dot com slash CCO podcast. Big shout out to the patrons that are coming to the CECO experience.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to seeing you. It's when people listen to this a couple of weeks away. I'm really excited for it. I could use the getaway. It's been a long few weeks. I'm excited to get the out of here. Yeah, and do something a little different. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Look seeing everybody. Thanks to Fusion, you CCO Nation, save yourself five percent off of all of this. That's going to be significant savings because alas the price of this set is very high at this point.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'll trade your your erza in to get a hold. Just store credit from Fusion that you can then turn back into magic cards and somebody could get that urge that Uncle Brando opened up.
Speaker 1: That is how I tend to do things. That heard it here first, That's literally how I do it. That's how I get here first.
Speaker 2: Look, and I got all these graphics backed up on the TV because LB can't figure his shit out.
Speaker 1: That's how I get my dang boxes everybody in any case, Thanks to Gary for doing this, Thanks to Noah vinam in there for being frick and patients as we get ready for our stream. Thanks to Ryan for being with me over the last five weeks while I talk about a bunch of shit that you definitely knew everything we were talking about. And thank you to you for hanging in there with us. And we're gonna be back next week to talk about something else. On the next exciting episode of Coolmander. Look Out vod guess hed our theme