Speaker 1: Hey, Street Walkers. This is a throwback episode with seven time Emmy Award winning actor Ed Asner. Ed appeared on the show twice, but his first appearance on the show was July twenty fifth, twenty eighteen, and it was such a compelling and fun episode I decided that it needed to be revisited. So enjoy this throwback episode. Tell a friend and thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: I believe that everybody has a story and I'm fascinated to hear them, So come with me as we take a walk down Fascination Street.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, guys. This episode is my chat with Hollywood legend Ed Asner. Depending on your age, you know Ed Asner from the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lou Grant, even the Pixar movie Up. In this episode, we talk about Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lou Grant, and Up, of course, but we also talk about his new book, The Groucy Historian, an old time lefty defends our constitution against right wing hypocrites and nutjobs. We talk about his touring one Man show, A Man and his Prostate, and he even tells us a really cool story about him. Gavin McLeod and Ted Knight enjoy guys, this is Ed Asner. And then Hi, mister Asner.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: Hi, this is Steve Owens with Fascination Street Podcast. How you doing? I am doing well? Well, mister Asner. First, I just want to thank you so much for taking this time. I'm I'm a huge fan, have been for my entire life, so this means a lot to me. Thank you very much, sir, Thank you, Thank you. Now, first of all, can I call you Ed?
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Or would you prefer I call you yit Zach? Well, since I'm not Hebrew, I won't call you that. How's that? Well, mister Asner? You have been Oh see I already messed up? See how I am?
Speaker 3: You are? You mess up?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Ed?
Speaker 1: Everybody knows who you are. Mostly it depends on the generation, but either from Mary Tyler Moore Show or Lou Grant even roots, the younger generations know you as the the gratsy old man from that Pixar movie. Up. What do you get the most recognition from?
Speaker 3: Well, some think what I've received more?
Speaker 1: Really Well, that's all.
Speaker 4: That's a number of man, Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk to you about that. So Mary Tyler Moore was a half hour sit Tom based on a television news room, and then your character spun off to your own show, which was converted to a one hour comedy in a newspaper office. How does that work?
Speaker 3: Comedy?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm in a one hour drama, So how did that work out?
Speaker 3: Worked on?
Speaker 1: What made everybody decide to spend lou grantoff into a one hour drama?
Speaker 3: Nothing like that? Had it really existed before? The market team good for it. They didn't seem to think that they could continue creating comedy with network TV. So the two producers had been identified with newspapers before. They found it an intriguing hole to dive into, and as they died and all the people they've got along with them, nobody ever done newspapers before or shot about them.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it worked out really well. Why did it end?
Speaker 3: I was outspoken on El Salvador Nicaragua. At the time, I was deemed a loud mouth and branded by others as a commie a commy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Do you think that that's the only time that you being outspoken off camera has impacted your career?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha. I'm probably gonna jump around a little bit. You were in the service like before before you started acting? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Which branch Army?
Speaker 3: Core?
Speaker 1: And did you go anywhere overseas France? Who? Nice? Was there any good memories of that time?
Speaker 3: It was a wonderful experience. I will be grateful to Uncle Sam all my life for taking me across the ocean.
Speaker 4: Have you been back since I've been back to France?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh cool? When did you decide that you wanted to get into acting?
Speaker 3: Oh, I've been touring with the idea in the back of my mind. Not consciously so, but I think he was. You just didn't think of those terms in those days. You didn't think that's how you made a living in life. I didn't think I naturally, I wasn't handsome, so I couldn't think of becoming a leading man. So I tried out for a play in college. I ended up doing the lead, and I came to realize that theater acting was more than being handsome and being a leading man.
Speaker 1: What more?
Speaker 3: What more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said, it's more than just being handsome. What is it?
Speaker 3: The examiner of a human condition under many different circumstances?
Speaker 1: Nice? What do you get personally out of it? Each time?
Speaker 3: I think it became therapy. For me, it became a means of transporting myself into somebody else, alleviating the load of not liking who I was.
Speaker 1: Was that an issue?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 1: So are you over it?
Speaker 3: I'm not entirely in love with myself, but I guess I'm over it.
Speaker 1: All right. So when did you decide that you wanted to run for the Screen Actors Still President.
Speaker 3: When many of the friends I was surrounded by felt that I had to do it to save the union.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to ask. So did you do it for because you wanted to make specific changes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had just been involved in a big strike at that time. I had been allied with the liberal wing of the union at that Prior to that time, I felt that we should not have settled a strike that quickly or that cheaply. So my friends felt that I should run and present to the membership of the union a more aggressive presidency.
Speaker 1: And were you able to make the changes that you wanted, or at least send it in that direction.
Speaker 3: You're never to make the changes you want. There's always something that gets in the way, or you find that by making change in one sense, you're increasing the burden in another sense. So it's time wasted.
Speaker 1: But it took you two terms to figure that out though, right, yeah, more than that, more than two terms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was on the board after that. I was ha been on the opposition, so to speak, up until recently when I finally retired from the board, so that the battle's still go gone.
Speaker 1: Do you think that SAG protected the actors more then or now?
Speaker 4: I don't think they do it now, really, not at all.
Speaker 3: Huh No, they've got big. One of my main reasons I did not want to see the merger take place because they hadn't solved the problems of portability, portability of pension, portability of healthcare, and they still haven't done.
Speaker 1: Do you think they will in your lifetime?
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Well, well, that's a little disheartening. Let's move on to something else. So you've been nominated for I think it's over twenty Emmys, right, and you won a couple?
Speaker 3: What do you mean a couple? You don't know how to count?
Speaker 1: Oh, how well that is? I heard it was eight. That's why I because I heard once somebody said it was seven, and then somebody else said it was eight.
Speaker 3: Now, well, I won a Canadian Emmy as well. So that makes it eight.
Speaker 1: Wow, where do you keep.
Speaker 3: Them all strewn about the house?
Speaker 1: Nice? Does any one of them stand out as more important or special to you?
Speaker 3: Not? Really, not really. The first one was a treasure, a surprise, though, I'm just surprised. The second became the confirmation of the first, and it goes on like that. No, I haven't received any in a long time, so I was I got one now that would signify it. You folks haven't forgotten me.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody is likely to forget you anytime.
Speaker 4: In the new future.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you were born in Kansas City. Yeah, and when is the last time you went back to Kansas City?
Speaker 3: Well, my brother funeral a year before last.
Speaker 1: Well that is super sad, and I apologize.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, No, Internet have to apologize.
Speaker 1: So I was in Kansas City, probably about two years ago. And there's this thing. I don't know if if it was there when you were younger, or if you've been back since it's been up, but I guess some farmers found in a field like a sunken riverboat. It was full of it was like a walmart. It was full of everything that they would drop off to the local general stores up and down the river, but it sank full, and so they dug it up and turned it into like this museum. And it's called the Arabia and it's right it's right there in Kansas City on the border between Missouri and Kansas, and if you haven't been, you should really check it out because it is historical and amazing. It's my favorite thing about Kansas City. What year was it, David, the actual boat, Like, when did it go down? Yeah, somewhere like in the eighteen forties, I think, And then the river moved and it ended up being like in the middle of a farmer's cornfield or something, and they dug it up.
Speaker 4: No kidding, Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard a thing about it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: When I was there, I spent about three and a half hours just oohing and eyeing over every single thing. It was so amazing. It's like a Walmart sank.
Speaker 4: But a Walmart.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And there's there's everything from tools to you know, door knobs and keys and knives and uh, there's beads and dishes and jewelry, just everything that you would find at the general stores. You know, one hundred and fifty years ago. It's amazing. It really is cool.
Speaker 3: Where it is it on the Missouri side or on the Kansas side.
Speaker 1: I think it's on the Missouri side. But like, I had never heard of it. But when I was there, I was asking some people what I should go do while my wife was at work that day, and and that suggestion came up. And I'm sure glad it did. I've told everybody I could about it. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: What was your wife working on?
Speaker 1: My wife builds psychiatric hospitals around the country, and she was building. She was building one there and while she was, you know, I had went. I had she was there to finalize some things, and while she was doing that, I went to the Arabia.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: She's really sweet and she's been doing it for about twenty five year years, so she's really good at it well.
Speaker 3: And it's a good thing that you have somebody who is first.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing sometimes. But when she gets all psychiatry on me, I want to get all mad and say to knock it off.
Speaker 3: Well, that's yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It's hard to say. It's hard to win a fight around here.
Speaker 3: I know that there are controls in your life, that there are limits.
Speaker 1: Well, how dare you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not married right now, I'm I sure could use some limits.
Speaker 1: No, really no, So if.
Speaker 3: Your wife wants to change affiliations.
Speaker 1: I'll ask him. I will let her know. She did want me to let you know that she had a crush on you when back in the in the Mary Tyler More days.
Speaker 3: Well, tell her she has good peace.
Speaker 1: Oh, I will tell her that. So I think that you have an ed Asner foundation? Is that right?
Speaker 3: Well, we're starting one. Yes. My son and his wife are creating the ed Asner I don't know what the exact name of it is. It's trying to create counseling and coaching and tutorship. I'm ready for children, but it's the center for achieving flowering.
Speaker 1: Is it for a particular autism?
Speaker 3: It's certainly one of the things to be considered. But I mean any social burdens would hopefully be handled there, be it a d D or be it downs whatever.
Speaker 1: What inspired this my son and his daughter.
Speaker 3: My son has been vice president with Autism Speaks and just recently left the Autism Society, so he's been planning it for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Now, gotcha, Well, I will make before I put this up. I'll make sure and get that website where people can go to donate and to see what they can do to help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be a big help and would be certainly most welcome.
Speaker 1: So you were in a couple of movies with Elvis Presley, if I'm not mistaken, is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you have any scenes with him?
Speaker 3: Well, sure, not in Kid Gallahad to speak of, but in Change of Habit I did.
Speaker 1: And what was your impression of him, because by then you were you had been acting probably for longer than him, I would assume. Oh yeah, So what did you think about how his acting chops?
Speaker 3: Well, the Kid Galahad, right at the beginning of his success, he had a bunch of good old boys as an entourage, and he was in the midst of practicing karate. I think his hand one hand was broken at the time. But he was a good old boy and he was the bell of the ball and a good guy.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And the same applied when when he did Change of Habit. He was a good guy there too. He never stopped being a good guy. Yeah, let's have an entourage at that point, but he was much more alluring. He was quite the chick magnet?
Speaker 1: Weren't you? Also?
Speaker 3: What makes you think? So?
Speaker 1: I feel like there's some stories.
Speaker 3: But what do you mean there was stories?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I just feel like, let's let me hear the skinny.
Speaker 1: Hey, street walkers, here's a word from our sponsors. Let's get back into it. I just feel like I've heard tale of you being a man about town.
Speaker 3: I used uber.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just got you a lift.
Speaker 1: Man, No, I am, I am not well. When I'm in l A, I us uber. It's way easier than trying to drive in that town.
Speaker 4: Good lord, God, it's horrible.
Speaker 3: Yes, really become horrible.
Speaker 1: It is terrible.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Tell me about Ted. Night you guys worked on screen? Did all did y'all have a relationship off screen? Were your friends?
Speaker 3: Oh? We used to go out every every Friday night after the show with our wives and have dinner drinks. We were the cats meow.
Speaker 1: The cats me ow. Did you guys?
Speaker 4: Ever?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Did you guys learn anything from each other as far as acting? Ever?
Speaker 3: Well, I saw what it what it was like. Could be the funniest man I ever knew, and that was Ted. He was I'm a teenage, so it was easy to pick up hints watching him. The best story I can tell yeah about that one time Gavin and I were walking along. Ted was in the midst of a rehearsing a scene because the guys watch this and tell me what you think. Joy watching It was a very funny scene. He was very funny. He said, now we're gonna do it again. I'm going to do it a different way, and I want you to tell me how they compare for you. So he did a different way. It was still funny, almost as funny as the first. Thank you. I'm going to do it a third way, and you let me know what's the third way. It was funny too and different. Finally, he ended up settling on the first method with some modification, and Kevin and I looked and sell of a bit. We struggled to get it right the first time and hopefully it's the best that we get, and he Kevin liarly waltzes through and comes up with three different interpretations, all of which are enormously salable. So that shows you these comic capacities.
Speaker 1: What a great story. Thank you for that. So you have been on TV, movies, Broadway and you do voiceovers, Is there any one of those that you prefer now that you're a little bit older.
Speaker 3: Well, Broadway's not a top Broadway never never did enough to satisfy me. Working and working and reworking and working and reworking with TV, you're going to approach to a great job in refining the results film. I had the pleasure of doing helf with John Favreau. That was a delight. As much as I hate to say it, I prefer film to stage. Stage is the way you is, where you start, where you learn, So you got to do it.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. What about voice acting? Voiceovers?
Speaker 3: I love it, I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've done a lot of it.
Speaker 3: I did radio in high school.
Speaker 1: Oh cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was busy being the devoiced continental lover most of the time. What are you laughing at.
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: No, sir, you better than not laugh at me.
Speaker 1: I have a question about the movie Up. I was looking at the Wikipedia page for that movie, and it says that that movie's budget was one hundred and seventy five million dollars. That can't be true, can it?
Speaker 3: They didn't spend it on me?
Speaker 1: Do you think it was mostly advertising?
Speaker 3: I don't know where that money went. Oh maybe it was. I don't know. I have no idea. According we didn't see it. Dar.
Speaker 1: According to that same article, it made seven hundred and thirty five million dollars worldwide. Did you see any of that money?
Speaker 3: Oh? Not enough of it.
Speaker 1: So you are well, I guess right now you're taking a break, but back when August comes, you're gonna continue your one man show, A Man in his Prostate? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, tell me.
Speaker 1: A little bit about that show. What's it well, besides your prostate, what's it about?
Speaker 3: Well? My It was written by Ed Weinberger, who was a producer writer on The marytoll Moore Show and has been very successful since. It's a wonderful show. The wonderful show which talks about the fact that every sixteen minutes a man dies of cancer, prostate cancer in this country and at the same time giving you that information, alerting you to that information. I perform It's Attack of Prostate Titus on a cruise shiped Italy to gales of laughter.
Speaker 1: It sounds awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is so wonderful package.
Speaker 1: I would encourage everybody listening to go to a Man at Hisprostate dot com and see where it's showing where it's touring. I will be picking back up in August in New York, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. I'm sure it might be other places, So check that website to find out.
Speaker 3: And if you don't like the show, Steve will refund your money.
Speaker 1: See that's what I will do. Wait a minute, hold on, now, what is it. I don't want to do that. I don't want to replace anybody's money. Why don't you just tell them that it's going to be a good show and they will enjoy it.
Speaker 3: That's it. If you're not happy with the show, Steve will refund your money.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Ed.
Speaker 1: All right, So same thing I.
Speaker 3: Can do for you, my friend, and widen your audience, widen't your appeal. I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Hey, guess what, Ed, I'm going to tell everybody that you said we're friends. I have it on recording. You said we're friends.
Speaker 3: I'll deny I when I asked me, But go ahead.
Speaker 1: Oh man, okay, So your people sent me your book. Your book is called The Grouchy Historian, an old time lefty defends our constitution against right wing hypocrites and nutjobs. Now this book was I'm in san Antonio, Texas.
Speaker 3: Aha, I've been there.
Speaker 1: Why oh basic training?
Speaker 3: Hey, don't get up.
Speaker 1: But he was me, pal, when were you here?
Speaker 3: I was invited there, and I was I was quite.
Speaker 1: Pleased with Well, consider yourself invited back.
Speaker 3: Thank you, it would not be burdenshome.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good to hear. Good to hear. So your people sent me this book. But then I found out that you read the audio book yourself. So I bought the audiobook and listened to that.
Speaker 3: Ah, you already listen to it?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I did every bit of it, and I was delighted. It was charming, it was funny. I found it educational.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. Is that?
Speaker 1: So since I have this actual hard copied paper book and I've already listened to the audiobook, I'm gonna go ahead and give away this copy of the book to one of my listeners. You okay with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It has a signature, it does not.
Speaker 3: Well, you can tell them send it to me. Whoever you award the book to.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. I will mail you the book cover jacket and then you can sign that and then send it back to me, and then I'll give it away. How's that?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, wait, do you stay out? Who want it? And then I can I can address it to them personally.
Speaker 1: Oh that's an even better idea.
Speaker 4: I love it, you idiot.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's talk about this book. Ed Weinberger helped you write this book?
Speaker 3: Also, Yeah, yeah, what do you want to say?
Speaker 1: I wanted you to tell me why you wrote it.
Speaker 3: Well, I've been hearing for years, as has he how Republicans claim they own the goddamn Constitution, that only they can interpret it, that they are the ears to the Irisalists, but a lot of crap. We just wanted the American people to start thinking before themselves and will claiming the Constitution as their document, not belonging to Republicans generally.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? How much research went into making this book?
Speaker 3: Great deal. If you see all the attributions.
Speaker 1: It appears like this was a lot of research went into making this book.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It is very detailed, and it dives deep into stuff that I never heard of before. A lot of it I had never heard before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ed, Ed did almost all of the research. I have another friend, young lawyer who aided him. The pretty rock solid on their bases of interpretation.
Speaker 1: What inspired you to get John Amos to read that particular section of the book.
Speaker 3: Well, John had worked at Mary Tayler Worshow we were friends. He played for Kansas City in notes days. John used to build himself as the most traded pro football player in the sport. He's a wonderful guy and he's a good actor.
Speaker 1: He's a great actor. Yeah, when you picked up the phone and called him and asked him to be a part of this, was he excited? Was he skeptical?
Speaker 3: Yes, of course he was. I told him I'd beat the crap out of him if he didn't do it. So he said, yeah, ed and he did.
Speaker 1: Nice. Have you done any speaking tours with this book.
Speaker 3: I've done book signings and I have appeared jointly talking about it in a few places, not a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you should come to San Antonio and do one just for me.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm all for that, but with the me too gangs out there, I'd be very careful about how you expose yourself, not set yourself up to be depredated by the me too ladies.
Speaker 1: So being in the business as long as you've been in the business.
Speaker 3: Would you agree?
Speaker 1: I absolutely agree. Being in the business as long as you have been. Did you see a lot of the behavior that inspired the me Too movement?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't see it, And of course I have been a huge the times myself of being too forward in my approach to women. I am aggressive, and thank god I have never I have never forced myself on any woman that I know of, and I hopefully step for incite chapter and verse to me, and I will either acknowledge my sins or combat it any way I can. I was never aware of another male's misusage because it's a private I'm sure even a Harvey Wartstin do a lot of his depredation in trust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. Tell me about touring. I think you played Franklin Delano Roosevelt for quite a while on Broadway or well, I toured the country.
Speaker 3: Did it for about four years?
Speaker 1: Now, that's a long time. How was traveling?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How how are you with that kind of travel?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm traveling as much with man and his prustate. I don't blossom well with travel, but it's the only way we get to show out there.
Speaker 1: And why do you do it? I mean, I'm pretty sure that you probably don't need the money to pay your bills, so.
Speaker 3: Which I do in your own goddamn business.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that might be the name of this episode. Oh, Ed, you are a delight to talk to you, my friend.
Speaker 3: Well you're a good question.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Well, I sure want to meet your wife.
Speaker 1: Yes, you do. She's beautiful, she is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: I said, tell her I need some headwork.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, I probably I probably won't tell her that part.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Oh I don't know. Hashtag me too.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm not talking. I'm not talking sexually.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you idiot.
Speaker 3: You think I would talk like that to you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you're so refreshing.
Speaker 3: I hope your wife finds me that way.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. What do you what's on the horizon? What do you got play besides pimping this book and finishing this man at his prospect tour? What else do you got going on?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, you speak of horizon. And as I look out over the Pacific, and as I reached the edge of the horizon, I see ships coming, and I see the top of their masts, and then as they get closer, I see more and more of their masks. So it seems like they're sailing on a circle. So I have a theory that the world is around?
Speaker 1: Are you messing with me?
Speaker 3: Why would I mess with you?
Speaker 1: Sailor you don't really think the world's round?
Speaker 3: I certainly are beginning to.
Speaker 1: Think, so, well, that is a fantastic idea. I'll have to think about that and get back to you.
Speaker 3: By that sea thing I told you about the Gulf, and look at their horizon and watch boats coming towards you, and you'll see it starts with the mass, and then as they get more and more, be more mass formas and finally the boat. I think you'll find I'm right.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you might just be.
Speaker 3: Well to hear somebody corroborate me.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite TV shows that didn't last very long was Studio sixty on the Sunset Strip? Do you Have? Do you have any stories? Or do your hold? Do you remember that show fondly?
Speaker 3: Well? I liked what he wrote for me. He's a great writer, but I felt he was wasting too much time on the love stories of the young people when he could have been involving everybody dramatically with me. I'm sure the show would have lasted had he done more of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if he focused more on you, I think the show's still be on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, Well, I love every time I'm saying his words.
Speaker 1: Well, it was my it was my favorite TV show when it was on, and it broke my heart and it got canceled.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: We'll send your heart to me with the with the book cover and I'll try to repair.
Speaker 1: It and also send my wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all that too. Yeah, I'll pay the postage on that one.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate that. Is there anything Is there anything that you wanted to talk about that I didn't bring up?
Speaker 3: Well, you haven't mentioned your mistress.
Speaker 1: Oh I never mentioned her. That's that's how she stays a mistress.
Speaker 3: Well, I can you send pictures not.
Speaker 1: Of my mistress of my wife? Maybe? Wait what.
Speaker 3: Even I'll be glad to slobber and flavor over either of them.
Speaker 1: How very flattering.
Speaker 3: I know the way to woman's heart.
Speaker 1: I bet you do. Yeah, I bet you. You've never done that a few times, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Unfortunately, my ex wife is not speaking to me right now, but when she comes to her senses, she'll just start speaking to me again.
Speaker 1: And none of my ex wives speak to me, and I'm okay with it. I'm on my third marriage right now.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Well then I certainly empathize.
Speaker 1: And I empathize with you, sir.
Speaker 3: Oh good good And I know that you identify with the problems I speak of and recognize them. And we're burdge of a feather.
Speaker 1: We are. That is the truth.
Speaker 3: Ed.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to thank you so much for your time. I know that it's the gratitude, Amard, absolutely not. You made time for me. I really appreciate it. I want to let you get back to the rest of your day.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, what's left of it?
Speaker 1: What is left of it? Indeed, I will when this show comes out, I will put a link to your book and the link to a man in his prostate dot com in the show notes so that people can go there and buy both of those things. Go see the show and buy the book. The book is phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Okay, you guys did a really.
Speaker 1: Good job on that book.
Speaker 4: Ed.
Speaker 1: You should be proud.
Speaker 3: I am, I really am, And that's an important.
Speaker 1: It is important. Like I said, it opened my eyes up to a lot of things.
Speaker 4: I was unaware of that's great, that's really great.
Speaker 3: All right, kiss your wife.
Speaker 1: I will kiss her from me, not from you, you scoundrel.
Speaker 3: Why what did I do to you?
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to let me know when you're headed this way.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have my k with me, so you'll.
Speaker 1: Know what the heck. No, man, I just want to give you a ride, that's all.
Speaker 3: Okay, then I'll kill you.
Speaker 1: There you go. I appreciate that. Thank you so much. You have a great rest of your day. Okay, thanks, thank you, Sarah.
Speaker 4: You're a delight really good talking to you.
Speaker 1: You too, Bye bye, take care.
Speaker 5: Opening music is the song Magnolia from the twenty fourteen album in Transigence, used with permission from Douglas Miles Clark. Closing music is Apollo from the two thousand and one album Into the Known by the band Sapphire. Thanks for hanging out with us and getting to know a little bit about our guest. We'll see you next time on Fascination Shoot.