Speaker 1: Second, we will help stability insure stability in Eastern Syria, protecting any personnel are personnel against any threats, and will remain our mission against ISIS WIST have been maintained, including the security of detention facilities where ISIS fighters are being held as prisoners. We're cleared eyed about the fact that ISIS will try to take advantage of the vacuum to re establish its capabilities and to create a safe haven. We will not let that happen. In fact, is today US forces conducted a dozen of precision strikes air strikes within Syria targeting ICEIS camps and ISIS operatives. Third, we will engage with all Syrian groups, including within the process led by the United Nations, to establish a transition away from this sovereigy toward independent sovereign and independent independent. I might to say it again. I'm sure you there's a new.
Speaker 2: Constitution independent independent. I'll say it again because I really want to emphasize it independent, which is why we sent dozens of strikes into Syria just yesterday. Oh so independent. First off, Joe Biden's a mess. I mean, he's reading off a telepraptery he can barely get through the thing. It's unbelievable, but you know, I guess that's why he's gone. Now, welcome back to Libdy Lockdown. This is Clint Russell. You beautiful people. I missed you so much. Got so much to talk about today. Unbelievable turn of events all over the world, including the pardon of Hunter Biden, Joe's son, and blanket pardons that are being promised for Anthony Fauci and a litany of other Cast of Evil characters. So the biggest story, though, which just happened over the past twenty four hours, is that Syria has fallen to be more explicit, Bashar al Asad has been toppled. And for those that are have not been paying attention to this, I'm sure most of you have because you're a fan of the show. I've had Scott Horton on many times. I'm sure many of you listen to him, and you're familiar with the shenanigans in Syria that have led to this point in time. And it is complex, it is very hard to dissect, but I think I have a fairly good handle on it after years and years of reading everything and listening to Scott Horton and reading a whole bunch of other pieces on this topic to try and try and wrap my head around it. This is my opinion. I want to be very clear, a lot of this has to do with black ops. It has to do with back room dealing between nation states, and we don't we're not privy too much of this. This is like analysis based off of the consequences of what we see happening in the Middle East. This is my opinion as to what it means. Iran, Syria, and obviously Russia kind of our partners. They work together. Russia has a base within Syria. They've been kind of the you know, the axis of evil from the US State Department's perspective, But to me, they just look like kind of an attempt at a bipolar world order or a multipolar world order. We've seen many instances of Russia actually bombing or fighting within Syria to defend Basharlissad, So the assumption was that that would happen again. It did not. So this is a huge paradigm shift and a lot of people, including myself, are scrambling to try and analyze it. Why Why did both Iran, who was obviously allies with assad as well as Putin, who WASUS obviously probably the top ally of ASAD not intervene, and Assad and his troops also didn't fight, so it was a full I mean, people are calling it a coup because internally it looks as if there was some underlings beneath Bashar al Assad that did not flee along with him, and that are working with the terrorists that are now taking over the country, which is apparently a victory. Somehow, it looks as if there's been some backroom dealing. Now this is my guess as to what may have happened, and I don't know factually, but I think that based off of the fact that they all stood down simultaneously, it's plausible at minimum that Putin and either the US State Department or the incoming Trump administration made a deal. This is my thesis. We'll see if I'm right. I hope I'm right, because it's actually better for the world than the alternative. But what it looks like to me is that perhaps Putin and Trump or some you know, whatever the actual apparatus is that runs our foreign policy, if it's the US State Department, they appear to have made a deal to essentially stand down in Ukraine, that's my guess, in exchange for Russia standing down in Syria and probably abandoning Iran because of Israel. I know most people in the conservative commentating space won't say that out loud, and I understand why. It's definitely a cancelable offense. But if you actually look at the territories that since October seventh of last year, who has Israel been going after? Well, obviously Gaza where the attack came from, which was awful, and that none of that changes, but also Lebanon, also Syria. If you look at even though this has been called a conspiracy theory, if you look at what's called the Greater Israel project, it looks to me like Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, which has already fallen. There's a whole list of the Wesley Clark Seven which i'll play for you in a second, that have all fallen except for Iran. Well, all of those nations are not all of those seven, but those three nations that I just listed off would constant to including a sliver of Egypt and Turkey, would constitute what would be the Greater Israel project, which is basically an expansionary project to make Israel. It's you know, I don't know whatever it's rightful homeland is. And it looks to me as if that's what's happening, And it looks to me as if the US military and the US taxpayer, you and I are being used to that end. That we are not in fact fighting as much for our own geopolitical interests and certainly not for our national defense. That's laughable at this point. Clearly this has nothing to do with our national defense. We are arming and funding al Qaeda spinoffs as well as Isis in order to topple Bashar al Asad. So we're in fact arming and funding the organization that was responsible for nine to eleven. Does that sound like that's in our best national defense interests to you, because it doesn't sound like it to me. So what it looks like to me is that we have waged these endless wars in the Middle East to topple every leader that had a oppositional stance towards Israel and in particular their treatment of the Palestinians. And as a consequence, there is now much more pliable leadership in most of those nations. And if they're not pliable, if they're not actually going along with US State Department and Israeli interests. Well, they're in such disarray that they don't have any capacity to actually threaten Israel. So either way, it actually benefits Israel clearly. Like you, when you're trying to figure out something you can't, you know, no, definitively, you ask yourself what quibono? Who benefits? Well, all of those wars, as best I can tell, are to the detriment of the West and to the benefit of Israel. Because if you actually look at where the you know, the illegal immigration, but the really refugee flow from those nations that we toppled time and time again, Libya, Syria, Yemen, where do they go. Do they flee into Israel? Well the fuck no, they don't, not at all. They flee into Some of them go to Egypt, but many of them, probably most of them go into Europe. And we've seen what's happening in Europe as a consequence of that hasn't been pretty. The rest or a huge percentage of the rest go to America and they're offered either refugee status or citizenship or just come here illegally. In what world is that to the benefit of the American people. Well, to me, it doesn't appear to be to our benefit and it doesn't even appear to be obviously in our strategic interests. So I started to think about Okay, so what is the what is the trade off? What is the American benefit? Well, who's the real prize? Is it putin? I don't think so. I think it's probably China that has been at the end of the day, who they really want to get after. So here's the game board as I see it. A toppel Syria. You take the supply line that for Hesbola off the table, so you can no longer easily, at least no longer easily get weaponry to both Hamas in Gaza as well as Hesbola and Lebanon, So you take them off the map. Now Iran is isolated, but also Russia is weakened because they had a military base in Syria, which I would assume they won't have access to anymore. So that's not good for them, but it is very good for one nation obviously. So now you have Iran isolated. Okay, once they fall, it's basically game over for the Middle East. Israel has conquered it entirely or more or less. So then where's the trade off after that? Well, the biggest are not the biggest, but two of the biggest allies to Russia were Syria and Iran. So you've now taken some of their biggest allies off the map and they're now still theoretically bogged down in this quagmire and Ukraine facing all of NATO potentially. You've heard some geopolitical strategists, neo conservative bent that are talking about how the real end goal is to topple Putin and then to use Ukraine slash Russia as method or our method for encircling or weakening or potentially attacking China. Is that's probably what we've witnessed over the past twenty years, is that we secure the Greater Israel project for Israel, and then we move on Russia, which we're already moving on, and then from there, assuming we're victorious and we don't all die in nuclear winner, then you move on China. So that's my honest opinion as to probably what we're seeing, what I think may have happened, though, the reason that Russia stood down is that, I mean, there's a few options. Either A they were so weakened from this multi year fight against Ukraine that they just didn't think that it was worth expending the resources to try and defend Bashar al Asad in Syria. That's possible. Alternatively, it's possible that they've come to an agreement with the incoming Trump administration that says, hey, we get Ukraine, you stand down, you stop AID, we take it, we stop messing with NATO descends you get Syria and Iran. Now I'm not saying it's fair, I'm not saying it's good. I'm just saying that's what it looks like could have happened. And if that's the case, maybe it's the best case scenario in terms of or the best we could hope for, I should say, in terms of avoiding a hot war between nuclear powers or NATO and Russia, which is the same thing. I think that's a distinct possibility too. So that's my current operating hypothesis as to what we've witnessed over the past twenty four hours. Why people stood down or I mean, it could just be that they thought that, you know, the Syrians weren't prepared to fight and defend themselves from the on oncoming hordes. And they didn't want to expend any resources because they thought it was a losing battle. That's possible. So I don't know, it's very hard, it's very hard to decipher all of this, but I think that we are witnessing major chess moves, major like moves that I didn't think were possible to be honest, like, I really didn't think that Beshar Alesad well, obviously I thought he was capable of falling, but I did not think it was imminent. I mean, they've been in this circumstance for years and years and years, like a decade of civil war. And for those that think that I'm making up any any aspects of this, except for the guessing part. But in terms of American involvement in this, well, first off, Joe Biden just told you, okay, dozens of strikes. He also in that same speech goes on to by the way, those dozens of strikes are going to support al Qaeda they they move on the capital of Syria. That's crazy, that's unbelievable. Okay, So we already have acknowledgement from the President of the United States that yes, in fact, we are essentially providing overwatch we're providing cover with bombardment on Syrian troops for ISIS and al Qaida, two groups that are definitely our enemies, right, So that's one which is nuts in its own right. But then if you think I'm making up any aspect of this in terms of the history of our involvement in that arena, well let me fill you in on what's called Operation Timber Sycamore, straight from Wikipedia. Take it for what it's worth. It is just Wikipedia after all. But Timber Sycamore was a classified weapons supply and training program or run by the United States Central Intelligence Agency and supported by the United Kingdom and some Arab intelligence services, including Saudi intelligence. The aim of the program was to remove Syrian President Bashar al Asad from power. Launched in twenty twelve or twenty thirteen, it supplied money, weaponry, and training to Syrian opposition groups fighting Syrian government forces in the Syrian Civil War. According to US officials, the program was run by the CIA's Special Activities Division and has trained thousands of rebels. President Barack Obama secretly authorized the CIA to begin arming Serias and battled rebels in twenty thirteen. The program became public knowledge in mid twenty sixteen, so basically right when the Civil War began, America had its hands already in the pot continuing. One consequence of the program has been a flood of US weapons, including the assault rifles, mortars, and rocket propelled grenades, into the Middle East black market. Critics of the program within the Obama administration viewed it as ineffective and expensive, and raised concerns about seizure of weaponry by Islamist groups and about Timber Sycamore backed rebels fighting alongside the al Qaeda affiliated Alnowserfront and its allies. In July twenty seventeen, US officials stated that Timber Sycamore would be phased out, with funds possibly redirected to fighting the Islamic State Order or to offering rebel forces defensive capabilities. Well, it doesn't look like it was phased out to me personally, particularly when you keep in mind that President Donald Trump attempted to remove our troops from Syria and was lied to by his generals about the troop count there. So yeah, I don't think it ended personally. Health insurance is so frustrating. I really cannot stand dealing with it. The headache of health insurance is exactly why crowdhealth was created. It's not health insurance. It's a better way to pay for healthcare through crowdfunding. So stop sending money to big insurance companies who profit off of not paying your bills and check out crowd health. For one hundred and seventy five dollars for an individual or five hundred and seventy five dollars for a family of four or more. You'll get access to a community of people who are willing to help out in the event of an emergency. You'll get access to telemedicine, visits, diskound of prescriptions, and so much more without doctor's networks getting in the way. And of course, you'll join the crowd, a group of members just like you who want to help pay for each other's unexpected medical events. Let crowdhealth help with your health care needs. Get started today for just nine to nine dollars per month for your first three months by using code lockdown at join crowdhealth dot com. Health is not insurance. Learn more at join crowdhealth dot com. That's joined crowdhealth dot com code lockdown. And I think that what we witnessed yesterday was evidence that it did not end. Also, what makes this really fascinating is that Turkey, who has been one of the in terms of NATO members, one of the more outspoken supporters of the people of Palestine, they also moved on as SOD, a SOD who by all accounts was in fact a big supporter of the Palestinians as well. So what the fuck right? So that tells me there's major horse trading happening. You have a NATO member that is arming and funding these Isis ALCADA groups that are then invading into Syria. Obviously, there's been you know, wars raging for a decade plus now, so this is nothing new. But in terms of the troop count and the weaponry that they had and the plans that they had, that was that was fueled by in my opinion, Israel, Turkey, six CIA, US State Department. That's what it looks like to me. It looks like this was a full on takeover operation that was ran by you know, the West, whatever you want to call it, and it succeeded. So let me let me take off my libertarian cap and just put on the analysis or tactical analysis cap. I'm impressed. I know you're like, what, how could you possibly say that, I'm impressed. I didn't think this was possible. I didn't I did not think that they could possibly pull this off. I mean, most of us, including myself, have perceived the empire to be in decline. We've lost time and time again every war. All these wars that I'm talking about appeared to be losses when they ended. You know, scare quotes ended Afghanistan, Iraq, Did they go, well, are we are we kicking ass in Ukraine?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: So the fact that this played out how it did and and happened without any US troop or limited there are some limited US troop participation to top al Asad is pretty remarkable. And then you add into the fact that they've essentially gutted or weakened a lot Hesbela in Lebanon. They've obviously weakened Hamas tremendously as well, the Hoho Thies and Yemen. What Israel has set out to do this? This is kind of goes back to the analysis of the Belfer Bellefoort Declaration and how Israel came to exist in the first place. It's like, regardless of how you feel about it, it's impressive it's like it's modern day conquest in a way that somehow is largely internationally accepted, Like how did you do that? You look at what Putin's doing right now, He's trying to take just a small portion of Ukraine. They're like, yeah, we're just gonna take an entire country, like we're gonna take all of it. And there the entire international community stands almost entirely unified in opposition to Putin and what he's doing. No, in fairness, a huge percentage of the world stands in opposition to what Israel is doing in Gaza right now. But in terms of like the actual creation of Israel, it's pretty much worldwide accepted. Totally fine, it's okay, like it happened, Yeah, sure they did. They took you know, ninety percent of a land mass that wasn't theirs, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah they did it.
Speaker 2: So it's okay. It's seventy years ago, move on seventy five, give or take. So what I'm looking at here and I'm just like, man, this is impressive, Like that this is a dying empire. Right, We're thirty six trillion in debt. We haven't won a war in my lifetime or since I was a kid least, I guess you could say Iraq War one we won. All of a sudden. You just see these chess pieces moving and you're like, WHOA, all right, I think I see the game board now. I think I see exactly what this has all been about. And it's not as if I'm like just guessing, like this is what the neocons talked about back in the nineties, and the neocons talked about a lot of this had to do with Israel, as you know. So it looks to me as if they're pulling it off, like I'm setting all morality aside and death and destruction in my opposition to war. I'm just saying, look at what's happening, and tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that they're not prevailing in this attempt all of the opposition, I mean, the Pager attacks to take out almost all of the leadership, like the higher level leadership that opposed them in Lebanon Amas. I mean, Jesus Christ, could they could they have more, you know, more thoroughly devastated the Palestinians. I don't think so. And now Syria goes down pretty much pretty much without a fight, and It's starting to make me feel like Iran has to feel like they're on deck. They have to feel like that. I mean, and I think that's the big war that we have to be very loudly outspoken against because that is the that's the final nail. As Wesley Clark told us, let's listen.
Speaker 5: He said, I just got this down from upstairs, meaning Securarated Events office today and he said, this is a memo that describes how we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and finishing off Iran.
Speaker 2: Iraq, Syria, Libya, Lebanon, Somalia, Sudan, and finishing off with Iran. Are you noticing something? Yes, those first six have fallen. I mean, people also forget that just six months ago, the President Raisi of Iran died in an accidental helicopter crash. Yeah, and the Israeli war Room Twitter account posted a picture of a helicopter right after that news broke. Now does that mean that they were responsible. No, But at the time no one knew what had happened, and it turned out that in fact, yes, he had crashed and it was faulty equipment or whatever. But they've essentially toppled the leadership in Iran already, and I think that that could be the explanation as to why Iran did not come to serious defense in the final hours. So it looks to me as if this is a done deal that Iran is almost certainly going to fall in the next few years, maybe sooner. I just want to be very clear, I'm not gleeful about any of that. This is just pure analysis. In fact, I oppose it. I think it's terrible. I think it's extraordinarily dangerous. I think that we're going to deal with refugee crisis and immigration crisis that pales in comparison to what we've already dealt with as a consequence of all of our other prior interventions in the Middle East. So I'm not rooting for any of this. I oppose all of it. Just set my bona fides aside and just talk about the analysis here. It looks as if it's a done deal. It looks as if you can basically put the Aran on the board as a w for them too. So as far as I'm concerned, Wesley Clark in two thousand and three, who was talking about his meeting in the days just after nine to eleven, everything he said has already happened. So if you think that there isn't a master game plan, you think that our national defense is in fact predicated off of just you know, well, when people mess with us, we strike back, that there's not actually an overarching thesis a game plan for conquest. You're just lying to yourself. And I guess that the point that's most important all this is to just realize that if that's if that's the case, if I'm right that, in fact the seven nations that fell, and there's many others that weren't even on that list that have fallen over the past twenty years as a consequence of American interventionism, what in what world do we have a right to tell Putin and Russia, Hey, you can't have a say over who runs one of your most important, you know, neighbors governments, like again setting morality aside. I'm just saying, like, is fair fair or not? We're gonna pretend is if we don't do that, like thousands and thousands and thousands of miles away from our border. But you can't do it on your border. Wait are you a nuclear power? Oh you are? Okay, well we're in nuclear power and we say you can't do that. It's just not a it's not a reasonable way. Like my preference would be that we don't do that either, and Putin and Russia don't do that to Ukraine either. That like that that's the good answer if you want to be you know, pure about this. But if you're going to be kind of tactical about it or try and analyze things on how they are as opposed to what you wish they were, well, then how the fuck are you going to tell Putin that he can't do that? And then to add into that the fact that you're responsible for the leadership change that happened in Ukraine on his border in twenty fourteen, So you definitely don't have a leg to stand on when you tell him, oh, you can't do that, sorry you can't. He's like, you do it to everyone. He's like, I can't do it to my neighbor. Are you fucking kidding me? So that's that's the paradigm. That's like, that's really what like real politic analysis, right, Like that's what we actually are looking at. That's what we're actually dealing with. I think I got it down. I would love to hear your thoughts, though. If you think I got any of this wrong, please let me know. I'll respond to the comments and we can duke it out. But I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure that's what we're witnessing. So why did I say that I think that this could be the best outcome that we could hope for. Is that, Well, if Putin didn't stand down, if he didn't make a deal with the US State Department or the incoming Trump administration, well then that means that he is extraordinarily weak, that he could not assist the Syrians because he's overextended, or he's running low on resources or troops or something. I don't know which, in which case he is desperate, in which case, really desperate measures may be taken, like firing a tactical nuke to try and get NATO to stand down, to back off. So I guess my hope is that this has been negotiated, that there has been conversations, because everything I've been hearing is that there are no conversations that Anthony Blincoln, our State Department rep. Has not had a conversation with Latimer Putin in years. If that's the case, well then we're in a lot of trouble. Not to not again, just to make this fucking crystal clear for the imbeciles that might tune in that don't understand my worldview, not because I'm rooting for Putin, but because I'm very concerned about what desperate leaders might do when they're sitting on an arsenal of six thousand nuclear weapons and you have the largest alliance of nuclear powers that have ever existed in human history, breathing down your neck on your southern border. Can you understand why that may be dangerous? You ought to be able to understand why that may be dangerous. This is not a stretch of the imagination to go well, given what happened to Gaddafi in Libya, given what just happened to Asad by the way he got asylum in Russia, he flew out last night. Early reports was that he crashed and now it looks as if he got his family out, which I guess may be a good thing depending on your worldview. But if you look at what happened to Saddam Hussein, Saddam Hussein and in Kadafi alone would be enough that yet you do not want to lose to the NATO hegemonic power, like if you lose, you probably perish. So that's my concern is that if he didn't make a deal to stand down in Syria and to essentially turn the chessboard over and say hey, I get Ukraine, you get this, well, then he is in dire straits. That means he is up against a wall, and they may be planning to finish the job no matter what the consequences are. Now, I don't even want to put that into the world. So I'm just gonna hope that there has been negotiations that Trump, who has been having meetings with a lot of foreign diplomats, has almost certainly reached out to Putin and they have come to an agreement of some kind to avoid that possible endpoint. We'll see, but I think I think that's it's probably airb Like I don't see a C in those in those possibilities. Let me know what you think. Are you tired of paying storage fees and exhorbit premiums for physical gold all while it just sits there collecting dust. There's a better way to own gold. With Monetary Metals, you can earn up to five percent annually on your gold paid in gold. For the last eight years, Monetary Metals is being paying clients between two to five percent on their physical gold and silver holdings, all while they enjoy free storage and insurance. Their team is full of passionate champions of liberty combined with decades of investment and banking experience. Imagine your total gold and silver ounces grow every month as you receive your interest payments from Monetary Medals. Check out Monetary dash metals dot com slash lockdown to learn more about putting your precious metals to work today. Again, that's Monetary dash Metals dot com slash lockdown. An entire Arab leadership was executed, yet we stood on the sidelines. Why any one of you might be next? Yes, they laugh, there's a sad laughing. Why won't there be an investigation in the killing of Saddam Hussein? America fought alongside Sadda Hussein against Khmadians. He was their friend. Cheney was a friend of Saddam Hussein. Brumsfeld, the US Defense secretary at the time Iraq was destroyed, was a close friend of Saddam Hussein. Ultimately they sold him out and hanged him. You are friends of America. Let's say that we are not you. But one of these days America may hang us. I was a speech by Molmargaret Afi in two thousand and eight. Three years later he was dead at the hands of rebel groups. Charl Asad who sat there and laughed that day. Maybe he laughed out of incredulity, maybe he laughed out of nervousness. I don't know which. He has now been toppled to. I would have imagine many of the other leaders in that room have since been removed from power. Again, I'm setting morality aside in this analysis. It's amazing what they've accomplished. Like they are doing this, It is happening, and they are succeeding at it, not without enormous expense, not without enormous loss of financial resources as well as life. It's been disastrous, but they are succeeding in their mission. I think it's very hard to deny that at this point. If you think I'm exaggerating at all when it comes to the rebel groups that have toppled Asad, listen to the former head of I six Sir John Sars.
Speaker 4: When I was chief of mi I six ten twelve years ago, we looked at all these Syrian opposition groups and classified them into those that we could support and those who will be on the pale and too close to Al Kayada, and Tafari Ra Shan was definitely in the lattter category. But I think Abu Muhammad al Jolani, the leader, has made great efforts the last ten years to distance himself from those terrorist groups, and certainly the actions we've seen of Taparia is Sham over the last last two weeks has been those of a liberation movement, not of a terrorist organization.
Speaker 6: And so I think the Home Secretary will be asking the MI five and the Joint Terrorism Assessment Center for a review of the situation about tapari Is Sham and whether it should remain on the prescribed entity list. It would be rather ridiculous, actually, if we're unable to engage with the new leadership in Syria because of a prescription dating back twelve years.
Speaker 2: So straight from the head of the former six. Yeah, the leader of Tarirolsham is now the facto leader of Syria, and he just so you know that I'm not making this up. This is from the US State Department in twenty seventeen. Stop this terrorist Muhammad al Jlani, So I post there's a yes, hello, US State Department. I like to collect on this bounty. He's in the Presidential Palace of Syria. Also you put him there. This is a up to ten million dollar reward for this guy. And he was he was responsible, I shit, you not for fighting alongside or as a high level leader in both ISIS and al Qaida. He fought American troops in Iraq. He was actually fighting against American troops. And we are now arming and funding the organization that he is a leader of, the leader of to take down Assad in Syria. And this has been the case for years. That's what Operation Timber Sycamore was, is that we have been funding these terrorist groups because they are absolutely terrorists. These are not good guys. That's preferable to the clean shaven Assad. Okay, I guess I mean it's just madness. It's absolute madness. Now that's not Again, this is not to say that asd was a good guy, just like I don't think Putin's a good guy. But you have to look at like you have to analyze this in a relative fashion, right, Like, if you're talking about who's going to be the leader, you have to go, well, is he better than what?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Was Asd great for the people of Syria? No, he had tens of thousands of people that were locked up in prison, political dissidence. There was a civil war that waged there. Granted there was American involvement at a lot of other foreign involvement to make that happen, but regardless, like they were suffering, the people of Syria were suffering. I'm certainly not saying it was all Asad's fault, but it was certainly partially his. So yeah, not ideal, But do you think it's better to have isis slash al Qaeda now leading Syria. I'm gonna go out on a lim and say no, no, actually it's not. In fact, it's a fucking catastrophe. And I don't know how in God's name you could spin it otherwise. But guess what every foreign policy talking head in America is pretending as if, yeah, this is great, what an unbelievable win. There's no no IFFs, ends or butts about it. Well, I got a few ifs, hands and butts like Hey, if this becomes iol if this is actually now the breeding ground for the largest terrorist organization in the world, that doesn't seem ideal, and that seems really dangerous. But I don't think that this should be happening, and I certainly don't think I should be fucking forced to fund it. My god, so dangerous, so reckless. But what do you think John Bolton has to say about it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think she's totally unqualified to be a DNI, and I think her positions put her beyond the outer most fringe of American politics. When she visited Aside in Syria, he was effectively a Russian iran An ally, and what she said about Syria not being a direct threat to the United States, that was her justification for going. It's completely false. The Syrians and their combination with Iran and Hezbela have posed direct threats to Americans across the region. They certainly pose a direct threat to key American allies Israel and Jordan.
Speaker 2: Very important caveat that he throws in there, right, they certainly pose a threat to our people across the region. So her point is that, yeah, Syria is not a direct threat to the homeland of the United States of America. That's what she's saying. And even John Bolton, lying bloodsilk monster that he is, still can't deny that. So then he has to pivot and make it sound as if, oh, no, no, she's an asset to Asad and therefore an asset to putin because she denies that they're a threat to the rest of our troops that are over in the Middle East, thousands of miles away from our own homeland. Like, hey, John, how about we bring them back? Maybe you ever consider that? No, of course not.
Speaker 7: And it's going to be very interesting to see what the files that may be uncovered in the Syrian government if the rebels succeed in capturing Damascus, what they show about a number of Americans.
Speaker 2: So you see what John Bolton did there, right, he's insinuating that there will be documented proof that Tulsi Gabbard is in the employe of Bashar al Assad. Slash the Iranians, slash the Russians. That's what he's hinting at. Couldn't be more clear. He's basically saying it explicitly. Wow, she is in the National Guard. She has served honorably overseas in the war on Terror, the war that he illegally pushed for or didn't push for it illegally. Just the war itself was illegal. It should be illegal what he did, but it's not.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is now already pivoting to I mean, obviously this was right before fell, but he's trying to tarnish her as DNI and keep anyone who isn't completely on board with regime change in Iran and Russia off the chessboard. Could it be more obvious that's clearly what he's there for. That's clearly what he's doing. And I think that it's reprehensible. I really do, I think to smear someone in that fashion when I mean, let's be honest, Tulsa Gabbert is not some non invention as. She's certainly not a libertarian like me. She would be totally fine with some of these wars, just not all of them. And that is enough for her to be smeared mercilessly because she said that, hey, maybe we shouldn't be arming and funding the terrorist groups that I fought against just ten years ago or fifteen years ago. I don't want to be in bed with these people. They're terrible. Well for John Bolton. He's like, I don't mind being in bed with terrible people. I'm terrible too. This is perfect. He has no problem with it at all. So that's what that's the operation, And this is the reason that I am. I have decided to set some of my more puritanical beliefs aside to say, Look, what's the best I can hope for? Is Pete hegg Seth as Secretary of Defense? Is he some non interventionists? No, he's not. Tulsi Gabbard is d and I is she? No? I mean she's more of a non interventionist, but still not. Yeah. So, But like, what's what are my alternatives? Anthony B. Lincoln, Lloyd Austin. Is that an improvement? Fuck? No, it's not. If we want to have the best possible outcome that we can hope for, we probably need to get on board with lending our vocal support to try and get Tulsi Gabbart heg Seth. This the entire cabinet pushed through for Trump because the alternative is so horrifying, and we'll see if it works out fingers crossed. Here's Jeffrey Sachs breaking down some of the history of Syria. For those that don't believe what I have to say about it, he's pretty much the top expert on this arena. How out of control this could escalate.
Speaker 8: It's true, but I think we have to step back and not put this in partisan terms. This is a US mistake that started seven years ago. And I remember the day on your show when President Obama said Asad must go, and I looked at you and Joe and I said, huh, how's he going to do that? Where's the policy for that? And we know they sent him the CIA to overthrow Asad. The CIA and Saudi Arabia together in covert operations, tried to overthrow Asad. It was a disaster. Eventually it brought in both Isis as a splinter group to the Jihadis that went in. It also brought in Russia. So we have been digging deeper and deeper and deeper. What we should do now is get out and not continue to throw missiles, not have a confrontation with Russia. Seven years has been a disaster under Obama, continuing under Trump. This is what I would call the permanent state. This is the CIA, This is a Pentagon wanting to keep Iran in Russia out of Syria. But no way to do that, and so we have made a proxy war in Syria. It's killed five hundred thousand people, displaced ten million. And I'll say predictably so because I predicted it seven years ago that there was no way to do this and that it would make a complete cast. So what I would plead to President Trump is get out, like his instinct told him. By the way, that was his instinct. But then all the establishment, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Pentagon, everybody said no, no, that's irresponsible, but his instinct, that's right. Get out. We've done enough damage seven years, and now we really risk a confrontation with Russia that is extraordinarily dangerous, reckless.
Speaker 2: Now here's the unfortunate reality. From the US State Department's perspective. They're going to say, Jeffrey Sex was wrong, you said seven years and that this could never be victorious. Well, we just prevailed. We topple a sod. They're not going to really worry about what comes next. And if you don't believe me, just look at what happened after Saddam Hussein was out Orgadafi was out. They do a victory lap and then the catastrophe that unfolds, including open air slave markets in Libya, are just kind of written off to history as if they don't matter. Is if we weren't responsible for bringing that about because of our ridiculous foreign policy. That's how they're going to view Jeffrey Sex's warning. They're going to say, he got it wrong. Seven years we couldn't do it. Well, we did it. The sod is gone. That's going to be the challenge is that they're going to argue that, look, we prevailed here, and we have to argue that you prevailed in toppling Asad, But did it actually make life better for the Syrian people, or safer for the world, or for the American tax pair And I think the answer is probably going to be no on all accounts, because that's what the track record is. Is what the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin and Ya who had to say about it.
Speaker 3: This is a historic day for the Middle East. The collapse of the Acid regime, the tyranny in Damascus offers great opportunity but also is fraught with significant dangers. This collapse is a direct result of our forceful action against Kibaala and Iran Asad's main supporters. It's set off a chain reaction of all those who want to free themselves from this tyranny and its suppression. But it also means we have to take action against possible threats. One of them is the collapse of the separation of forces agreement from nineteen seventy four between Israel and Syria and held for fifty years. Last night it collapsed. The Syrian Army abandoned its positions. We gave the Israeli Army the order to take over this positions to ensure that no hostile force embeds itself right next to the border of Israel. This is a temporary defensive position until a suitable arrangement is found. Equally, we send a hand of peace to all those beyond our border in Syria, to the Jews, to the Kurds, to the Christians, and to the Muslims who want to live in peace with Israel. We're going to follow events very carefully. If we can establish neighborly relations and a peaceful relations with the new forces emerging in Syria, that's our desire. But if we do not, we'll do whatever it takes to defend the state of Israel and the border of Israel.
Speaker 2: So they're basically admitting it thanks to our decisive actions, Aside has fallen. So yes, they participated. Joe Biden to open the show, he acknowledged the they had dozens of strikes. I already showed you, Timber Sycamore, this is clearly not some just purely organic revolution of the people rising up against tyranny in Syria. Now, I hope for the best for the people that are true, you know, freedom fighters in Syria. I want them to have freedom and to be able to self govern and decide their own future. I am not rooting against these people, and I hope that I'm wrong, and I hope that in fact, Isis and al Qaida doesn't end up holding onto power for the next for the foreseeable future. But that's who's in power now, Like that's the strongest gang in Syria right now? Are those guys like the head Choppers, as Scott Horton famously calls them. That doesn't seem preferable to me, to Basha al Asad, But hey, maybe I'm just being a pussy about it. I don't know. It seems really not ideal to me. I think that the important thing to recognize in that is that it's not over. Like even when Netyahu talks about it, he's still acknowledging this ain't over Like the people that took over. He's like, we're going to try and get along with them, but if we can't, well then we'll do whatever we have to defend ourselves. Well, what does defending ourselves look like? Well, recently it's looked a hell of a lot like taking land from people. So I would not be surprised given that Syria is also part of the Greater Israel project. That's that's the next move that they'll end up taking, carving off some land. In fact, today there are already reports that they took portions of the goal On Heights from Syria under their control. Will they give it back, I don't know, kind of doubt it, So I think that's that's what we're witnessing right now is this entire project has been rolled out and largely successful over the past thirty years, and unfortunately you and I have been bled financially and physically, some of us the troops to make this come to pass, and I didn't vote for any of it. You'll kind of take an advantage of if I'm being honest, and I don't really appreciate it. And what I really don't appreciate is that when I realize what's happening and I kind of lay it out for you the way I have over the past thirty years, that to just say, hey, I think that's what's happening here. To be accused of bigotry or hatred for saying that is so laughably absurd, Like why can't I not point that out and go, I don't think that's right. In fact, I think it's totally immral. And I certainly, whether whether you agree with what's happening over there or not, I think it should we should all be able to agree. I shouldn't be getting taxed to do that, given that it's against my morality, and I'm sure many of you feel the same. I think it's terrible. I think it's evil, honestly. So it's just very frustrating to witness all of this. It really is just a little bit more evidence to prove out my case. These are unclassified at US Department. I guess the cables or emails. This is from Jake Sullivan to Hillary Clinton on February twelve, twenty twelve, says see last item. Aq is on our side in Syria, that's al Qaida. Otherwise things have basically turned out as expected. Next we have another unclassified document from the US Department of State. The best way to help Israel deal with Iran's growing nuclear capability is to help the people of Syria overthrow the regime of Bashar As'ad. Negotiations to limit Iran's nuclear program will not solve Israel's security dilemma, nor will they stop Iran from improving the crucial part of any nuclear weapons program, the capability to enricher uranium. At best, the talks between the world's major powers and Iran that began in Istanbul this April will continue in Baghdad in May. Will enable Israel to postpone by a few months a decision whether to launch an attack on Iran that could provoke a major Mid East war. Iran's nuclear program in Serria's civil war may seem unconnected, but they are for Israel's leaders, or excuse me, for Israeli leaders. The real threat from a nuclear armed Iran is not the prospect of an insane Iranian leader launching an unprovoked Iranian nuclear attack on Israel that would lead to the annihilation of both countries. What Israeli military leaders really worry about but cannot talk about, is losing their nuclear monopoly. An Iranian nuclear weapons capability would not only end that nuclear monopoly, but could also prompt other adversaries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt to go nuclear as well. The result would be a precarious nuclear balance in which Israel could not respond to provocations with conventional military strikes on Syria and Lebanon as it can today. If Iran were to reach the threshold of a nuclear weapons state, Tehran would find it much easier to call on its allies in Syria and hes Blood to strike Israel, knowing that its nuclear weapons would serve as a deterrent to Israel responding against Iran itself. Back to Syria, it is the strategic relationship between Iran and the regime of Bisharl Assad in Syria that makes it impossible for Iran to undermine Israel's security, not through a direct attack, which in thirty years of hostility between Iran and Israel has never occurred, but through its proxies in Lebanon, like Hesbela. They are sustained, armed and trained by Iran via Syria. The end of the Asad regime would end this dangerous alliance. Israel's leadership understands well why defeating ASAD is now in its interests. Speaking on CNN's I'm a Poor Show last week, Defense Minister Ahud Barak argued that the toppling down of ASAD will be a major blow to the radical axis, major blow to Iran. It's the only kind of outpost of the Iranian influence in the Arab world, and it will weaken dramatically both Hesbela and Lebanon and Hamas and Islamic Jahad in Gaza. Bringing down a SOD would not only be a massive boon to his israel security, it would also ease Israel's understandable fear of losing its nuclear monopoly. Then Israel and the United States might be able to develop a common view of when the Iranian program is so dangerous that military action could be warranted. Right now, it is the combination of iron strategic alliance with Syria and the steady progress and Iran's nuclear richment program that has led Israeli leaders to contemplate a surprise attack if necessary over the objections of Washington. With a Sad gone and Iran no longer able to threaten Israel through its proxies, is possible that the United States and Israel can agree on red lines for when Iran's program has crossed an unax sceptible threshold. In short, the White House can ease the tensions that have developed with Israel over Iran by doing the right thing. In Syria, the rebellion in Syria has now lasted more than a year. The opposition is not going away, nor is the regime going to accept a diplomatic solution from the outside. With his life and his family at risk, only the threat of use of force will change the Syrian dictator Bishah Asad's mind. So that's the State Department cable that was unclassified, that was twenty fourteen, and they're laying it all out like that's what this was about. They toppled Asad at the direct request of Israel because they wanted to weaken Iran and they wanted to cut off supply lines to Hesbela and Lebanon. I know this is very complicated, particularly if you're not interested in foreign policy. So I hope that you've been able to stick with me on this topic. But I think it's very important that we understand what exactly is happening and why. And I think that based off of those documents as well as everything else that I've laid out, it's kind of irrefutable. That's why this happened, That's why there was a decade long civil war in Syria, is that he was fighting to try and keep control of his nation. Now you can be mad at his tactics. You can say, oh, he's you know, he killed people and therefore he's evil like, yeah, but the circumstance wasn't exactly of his own volition, now, was it? Well, based off these documents, no, the fuck it wasn't. It definitely was not. And if you're going to look at his toppling as a unmitigated good, well then I think you're just not paying attention. I think you're not digging deep enough to actually figure out qui bono, who actually made all of the death and destruction come to bear? And unfortunately the answer is it wasn't usually Asad and it's not usually put in either. It's unfortunately, usually my government and a few of our allies that are responsible for making most of this come about. And also we are then stuck with the bill too, So not very cool. Given that I oppose all of it, as I'm sure most.
Speaker 8: Of you do.
Speaker 9: We also have a history of kind of moving in and out of Pakistan. I mean, let's remember here, the people we are fighting today we funded twenty years ago, and we did it because we were locked in this struggle with the Soviet Union. They invaded Afghanistan and we did not want to see them control Central Asia. And we went to work. And it was President Reagan in partnership with the Congress led by Democrats, who said, you know what sounds like a pretty good idea. Let's deal with the ISI and the Pakistani military and let's go recruit these Mujahadeen and that's great. Let's get some to come from Saudi Arabian other places, importing their Wahabi brand of Islam so that we can go beat the Soviet Union. And guess what they retreated. They lost billions of dollars and led to the collapse of the Soviet Union. So there's a very strong argument, which is wasn't a bad investment to end the Soviet Union? But let's be careful what we sew, because we will harvest. So we then left Pakistan. We said, okay, fine, you deal with the stingers that we've left all over your country. You deal with the minds that are along the border. And by the way, we don't want to have anything to do with you. In fact, we're sanctioning you. So we stopped dealing with the Pakistani military and with Isi, and we now are making up for a lot of lost time.
Speaker 2: I never thought in a million years I would end an episode of Liberty Lockdown with a quote from Hillary Clinton, be careful because what you sew you will harvest. Exactly, Hillary, exactly. Thank you guys so much for tuning in. Please do leave a comment, hit the like button, subscribe, and share this around, particularly if you have any neok on friends that are celebrating. I would love for them to watch this just to understand how how fucking crazy it all is, and how dangerous it is, and how much you're being lied to about what's really happening. I hope you found this informative. If you did, hit the like button and leave a five star review wherever you listen, and make sure you subscribe on all your audio podcasters just search for Liberty Lockdown, click subscribe and make sure that you have auto update so that they download every time. I appreciate you guys, See you soon, peace. Welcome to Liberty Lockdown. Let's go to your plock home, your liberty and come. But yeah, it's on call.
Speaker 8: When did it come
Speaker 2: From and where did he