Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Welcome, welcome, welcome, and we're back once again with the second half of our community.
Speaker 1: Connection right here on K one, the one you trust. We have the Delaware Tribe in here today and we're gonna talk about some fun.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, we got a lot going on. In fact, I was just talking with our guests a little bit ago. With so much going on down at the complex and so many activities in the short list is.
Speaker 1: What's not going on right?
Speaker 2: First of all, Scott and Emily, thank you very much for being here with us today. And where do we want to start here? It looks like we've got the Spring Gathering coming out.
Speaker 3: The Spring Gathering is going to be on Saturday, April fifth, starts at noon.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have the Easter Bunny.
Speaker 3: We'll have an Easter egg hunt.
Speaker 4: That'll be three age groups.
Speaker 1: Oh my, it'll be four.
Speaker 4: Zero to three, four to seven, and eight to twelve.
Speaker 1: That way nobody gets clowering.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 4: There will also be prizes for those age groups.
Speaker 5: Those have been donated by our Early Learning Center and by Neil's Home store.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is so cool.
Speaker 2: Now I understand that you're gonna have bounce houses there, but that's just for the kids.
Speaker 1: I can't go in there, and you know, I see how it goes. This is for the young ones.
Speaker 3: We'll have the bounce houses, we'll have free face painting, snow cones, cotton candy. There'll be food trucks, oh dunk tank. Oh yeah, there you go, food trucks, and the art market for purchases there.
Speaker 1: Now, this art market is really something else.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of representation from the Delaware tribe but at various shows and my goodness sakes, and of course you're your shop.
Speaker 1: That you have there. Yeah, okay, I said it right. It's like Wowa.
Speaker 4: They will be set up there. Titan will be set up there as well.
Speaker 1: Oh my, so it's gonna be a lot of what day is this going to be on?
Speaker 4: Because April fifth?
Speaker 1: April five, yes, it is correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, we want to make sure you put that down April Fifth's it's important because if you show up on the sixth, well they say, well, you know, yeah, so you don't want that going on here too. So Emily, you're the enrollment director, tell us what it is that you do.
Speaker 1: How do we is this enrolling tribal citizens?
Speaker 4: Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 1: Tell us a little bit about that. How does that work?
Speaker 5: We are who you come to when you have children, you want to enroll your new children, or you're enrolling for the first time.
Speaker 4: So we are the department that you've come to for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got to ask, because this does happen in this day and age. Some people just find out late in life that they have a you know, delaware lineage.
Speaker 4: That is correct.
Speaker 1: It came as a surprise to them.
Speaker 2: And of course, you know, you have ways of making sure that every but he knows who belongs to who, and so I imagine that that's part of the process too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to be linked to our base roll.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness sake. So it's all science.
Speaker 2: It was great going on now, Scott procurement specialist.
Speaker 1: You go out and get things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did a lot of different things, all of the purchasing, travel work, with all the different projects going on.
Speaker 1: Tribe.
Speaker 2: Oh my, now I understand that we've got more going on here at our spring gathering.
Speaker 1: We've got a corn hoole tournament, right.
Speaker 4: God is correct. That begins at two pm and there's.
Speaker 5: A fifteen dollars buy in and we will be paying out to first, second and third.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: You know, we've got a lot of folks who used to watch that on ESPN back when COVID was going on, and all of a sudden they started thinking I could be a pro. So you might be getting some really good shooters on this one because the folks they take this seriously, very very serious. Also, we've got other things going on, like you said, we have the tournament. But tell us a little bit about this stomp dance. This looks really really cool.
Speaker 5: Is this is put on by our Cultural department Jeremy Johnson and our Cultural Preservation chaired Leavey Randall. They are who lead this and bring in other tribes and really put this on and bring us together and our meal that we serve at six pm before the stomp dance begins.
Speaker 2: Now, is the stomp dance is something that everyone can observe and expectate or is it just tribal?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's open open to the public.
Speaker 4: The entire event is open to the public.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And is this going to be at the complex y A fifty one hundred Tuxia Boulevard.
Speaker 2: Now for the uninitiated, like, okay, let's say, say Irish guy what am I going to be in for besides really a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: When I see the stop Dancer, it was kind of a.
Speaker 5: Preview of there will be shell shaking and the bean dance and drums and the men singing cultural songs, just a real the fire it's a real nice event.
Speaker 1: So it's one of those things that it's kind of spiritual, isn't it. Yes? Wow, so this is really going to be great. I just do we have concessions for this too?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right, So bring your hunger, bring your hunger, bring your curiosity, bring a lawn chair, bring a lawn chair.
Speaker 4: There will also be a raffle at the stamp vance as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, is this going to be for money? Yes, my favorite prize, Yes, fifty fifty raffle. Fifty fifty raffle. Now where you located for the folks.
Speaker 3: Who don't know, we're at fifty one hundred Tuxedo Boulevard, Uh huh, at the corner of Tuxedo and Madison.
Speaker 1: Right kind of kitty quarter across from the firehouse. Exactly, Yes, right.
Speaker 2: There by the park and everything. That's a beautiful complex. You have there a lot going on, a lot of playground stuff.
Speaker 1: Going in.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, the daycare is getting an upgrade to their playgrounds and we have a lot of future plans in the works, so there'll be a lot of changes going on and it's a really good thing for the Delaware Drive.
Speaker 2: Well, that's great, and we want to get everybody out there on Saturday, April fifth for all of the fun. And this is going to be a spring gathering. It's going to start at noon, remembering, bring the kids, so they're going to burn up some energy looking for eggs and then of course, you know, adults, we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do all the kids about housing. We're going to visit a food truck, and then hang around for the stomp dance. This is great.
Speaker 2: Now, if anybody wants to find out more information, maybe we're going a little too fast here and they didn't.
Speaker 1: Ready to do you have like a Facebook page?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, yep, the Delaware Tribe of Indians on Facebook. We'll have all of our information.
Speaker 1: That's pretty easy. Yep, heck I can that.
Speaker 2: I'm not all that right, you know, but this is going to be a good time and it's going to have the good dinner and the stop dance, the dinners at six.
Speaker 1: The dance is at dusk.
Speaker 2: So when you mentioned the fire, that is really going to play a kind of a key role in this in the presentation. Yes, wow. And a lot to learn, a lot to have fun with, a lot to celebrate Delaware Tribe of Indians. And if folks are curious about their lineage, how they get a hold of you to kind of go through the process just to give you a call there?
Speaker 4: Yes, or they can email enrollment at delawaretrime dot org.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, and once again, if you need anything else, just drop a line, drop a call, drop an email. Or you were spot on Facebook too? Yes, oh wow, and so that's good. Some folks will they don't look at the messages on there. I'm glad you guys do anything else that we might have missed.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Well well I'll tell you what, folks. You got to be there April fifth. It is the Spring celebration. It's Spring gathering and it's going to be at the Delaware Tribe of Indians right there at that Tuxedo and Madison right there on the northeast corner. Yes, thank you for coming in and taking a little chunk out of your busy busy.
Speaker 1: Day to visit with us here on the radio. Thank you, you guy. You've promised to come back.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, we're gonna do this again next year, right, okay, go ahead, great folks, we've got news coming up next from O n M.